Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty, I know he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: The next steps for China, sir, Well, we'll see what happens with China. We would love to be able to work a deal. They've really taken advantage of our country for a long period of time. They've ripped us off beyond anybody, nobody. How people stood for it, sitting in my position is not even believable. And we're talking about many presidents, not just in a couple, but they did, and Alwadi is putting it back in shape. We're resetting the table.
Speaker 4: So that's from a cabinet meeting that they had yesterday. We got some more audio from from that coming up in just a second. But in case you're not hipped to a couple of the developments that happened in the last twenty four hours. The market was reacting and people were talking about tariffs on all Chinese goods being at one hundred and twenty five percent I think anyway, Trump pointed out later in the day, No, no, it's actually one hundred and forty five percent. So I'm adding this to the other thing that I had like a month ago or whatever. So the tariff on all Chinese goods coming into the United States, the stuff on all the shelves and Walmart or the buy on Amazon that's from China, one hundred and forty five percent right now. And as soon as that news was clarified, the Dow tumbled quite a bit yesterday.
Speaker 1: As everybody caught onto that.
Speaker 4: And then overnight tariff China announced they're raising their tariff on all US goods coming into their country to one hundred and twenty five percent, So one hundred and forty five coming to the US one hundred and twenty five going into China. That is a full blown trade war between the two biggest economies that have ever existed.
Speaker 1: On the planet. So that's that situation.
Speaker 4: Got some more commentary for variety of people on that how that's going to play out. I have no idea, and neither does anybody else. I don't think Trump is betting his entire presidency on a good outcome, no doubt. Marco Rubio pretty serious guy. He was asked about this yesterday in the cabinet meeting. This is what he said, Well.
Speaker 5: Mister President, one of the most important things I believe that you'll achieve in your presidency is re ordering the world in a proper way. For thirty one years, more than thirty one years now, multiple administrations have allowed the Chinese to de industrialize this country, to take away jobs and factories and the pillars of our national strength. And what you're doing now, I think is a great service to our country, but ultimately to the world. And I want to congratulate you on your team that's working on that, because that has extraordinary geopolitical implications, as you see from all these other countries that are now coming here and wanting to join something that actually makes just this it's crazy to allow these I mean, basically, we lived in a world where country Chinese companies can do whatever they want in America, but our companies cannot do anything over there unless they allow it, and even then they steal our stuff and reverse engineer it. So just reordering all that as traumatic implications on peace of security of the world. So we thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: China has been ripping off the entire world, and since we're the biggest economy, it affected us the most. For a very very long time acknowledging that I'm all for. I think it's a good idea. Whether this total tariff thing is what's going to fix that, I don't have any idea. This story got a lot of attention yesterday. I feel like it's overblown. This is from ABC News.
Speaker 6: Already consumers are feeling the effects. One shopper for Athletic where spotting something different on an invoice from a recent order, a new line that says tariff surcharge sixteen dollars and sixty two cents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so one place somewhere they put on the receipt tariff search. I saw that on like eight different news sources yesterday. Okay, is that sweeping the nation? Are lots of businesses doing that? Because I saw the same one over and over again. So come on news. If that's the only one in the country, it means nothing. If we all start seeing that on receipts, obviously it means a lot. But the Trump aiding media loved that story. How about this. This is a person on CNN also with a negative spin on it.
Speaker 2: The global economy from inflation numbers that we've got, it's slowing. It's gonna get worse. It's gonna get much worse because everybody has to readjust their supply lines to accommodate this new reality.
Speaker 1: So that's that side of it.
Speaker 4: How about we hear the other side of it, people who think this is gonna work. Maria Bartiromo on Hannity last night, fifty.
Speaker 7: Four, Michael, President Trump is not going to back down on this because at this point we all know who the adversary slash enemy is, and the US consumer is paramount here. China needs to sell all of those products that they're producing for the world to the very powerful US consumer. So if China wants to keep doubling down, it is not going to be good for the Chinese economy.
Speaker 8: The economy there right.
Speaker 7: Now is a lot weaker than people know, and this huge tariff on its products is not going to be good.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: It's a heck of a thing for the world economy.
Speaker 4: The two biggest economies locked in a trade war in a situation where there are two men and two men only really that are, you know, playing a game of chicken and staring each other down. She and Trumps. You wouldn't think this many trillions of dollars could be on the line and in the hands of or in the minds of just two guys, it's really quite extraordinary. We like Victor David Hanson, historian, and which he's very proud of.
Speaker 1: This is how he thinks it's going to play out.
Speaker 10: If Donald Trump can cut a deal with one major player, and I think that Scott dosn't can, preferably in Europe, because what he's basically saying, if it's reciprocal or no tariffs, zero tariffs, they're going to want to make a deal just one or two major players, and I think all the rest will follow, and China's not going.
Speaker 1: To like that.
Speaker 4: I don't claim to know anything about this sort of stuff. I do kind of get the geopolitics of it, though, and I could certainly believe that she thinks that United States because he doesn't. They don't, you know, Communists don't believe in democracies, don't believe democracies work because the authoritarianism is a way to go, because then you can make all these important decisions that the populace is not smart enough to understand.
Speaker 1: So she thinks that.
Speaker 4: There will be enough political pressure and enough negative news on this that Trump will brett back down. I think Trump is the rare rarest of rare birds. We were talking about profiles and lack of courage with Kamala Harris Last Hour with Lonnie Chen. If you didn't hear that, get the podcast Armstrong and getting on demand. But it is a profile and courage, perhaps some of you think misplaced, But it is a profile and courage to lay your entire presidency on the line for this. And I think Trump will stick with it and not blink in the way that president she thinks, and maybe at some point President she realizes, Wow, this guy is crazy enough to take this clear to the wall. We got to do something. We gotta call him up and make a deal. I hope that's what happens.
Speaker 1: Was there one more clip that I wanted to have? I thought I had one more. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe later I didn't want to hit you with this from the Wall Street Journal one more time. This is from the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal. What investors know is that the trade war is far from over and damage persists even with the ninety day pause.
Speaker 1: The tariffs that continue on all other countries and.
Speaker 4: One hundred and forty five percent on China are the largest tax increase on the American people since nineteen eighty two. They're bigger than Bill Clinton's nineteen ninety three tax increase and George HW. Bush's in nineteen ninety taxes, of course, are anti growths, as the Wall Street Journal, Trump believes that it is worth it. I'll play one more clip for you. This is Trump and the term he's using to describe this clip forty. If you would, Michael, clip forty. This is Trump describing what this is. He's not denying that there's going to be this giant tax using my finger quotes on the American people. He's just saying it's part of the plant. Which slip was that forty.
Speaker 1: So we think we're in very good shape. We think we're doing very well. Again.
Speaker 3: There'll be a transition cost and.
Speaker 11: Transition problems, but in the end it's going to be it's going to be a beautiful thing. We're doing again what we should have done many years ago. We'll let it get out of control, and we allowed some countries to get very big and very rich at our expense, and we're not gonna can't let that happen.
Speaker 9: Can't.
Speaker 3: It's not a sustainable.
Speaker 4: Formula transition costs, which I guarantee you will be mocked greatly by the left as these higher prices start to hit in the next days, weeks, months, I don't know how long that's going to take. You're gonna hear that over and over again in a mocking way. The Biden administration tried to pretend that inflation wasn't real and wasn't happening. Trump's going with the Yeah, this is gonna happen, and it's going to be painful, but it's a transition we have to go through to get where we want to be and get China to back down, and we'll see if he's right or not. But so that's what we all get to look forward to in the spring. In the summer, maybe change your vacation plans or not.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Actually, there's some news out in the Wall Street Journal today that just came out in the last couple hours about consumer confidence that is really not good.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll get to that at a different time. Stay with us. I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: Trump's getting his physical tomorrow, and while I'm sure his doctors will be very thorough, I wanted to ask him some questions myself. So if you don't mind, thank you, mister president, thank you for talking to us about your health.
Speaker 1: First off, how much do you weigh? That's classified information.
Speaker 12: I understood, But how would you describe yourself?
Speaker 1: I'm a perfect physical specimen and I'm very very.
Speaker 12: Young, Kem Burman, He says, here you're getting a proseate exam.
Speaker 1: How's that going to go for you?
Speaker 4: You are going to hear the wailing and shrieking.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's enough.
Speaker 12: Now forgive me for asking, but are you getting up a lot of night to Yearnate?
Speaker 1: It goes drip? Okay?
Speaker 12: Just for just for our record, can you tell me the name of your doctor?
Speaker 1: Doctor had of electric? Okay, very good?
Speaker 12: And uh, who would you like to put as your emergency contact?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 8: Your wife Elon Musk Okay.
Speaker 4: So that's always exciting every year, well it has been for the last couple of terms because we have such ancient presidents. Wasn't really a big deal when it was Barack obaum Er George H. W.
Speaker 1: Bush.
Speaker 4: You looked at him and thought, Okay, you're about fifty and you look to be in really good shape, So what are you getting physical? But now that we got really really old presidents. It's kind of interesting. I wonder how honest they'll be about his height and weight and blood pressure and everything. Of course, they weren't honest about Joe Biden's mental capacity at all. Some texts we got coming in. Oh, first, someone to mention the uh, how about that ballerina we got back from Russia. That story is interesting. Maybe we'll talk more about that later. We traded a scumbag criminal Russian to Vladimir to get back this ballerina whose crime was she donated fifty four dollars to a Ukrainian cause yep, and Russia grabbed off for twelve years. He's going to put in a Russian prison for twelve years, and she's young. We got to put a stop to that. We can't have North Korea, Iran, Russia, China grabbing citizens off the street and then they get back scumbag criminals in return. We got to end that somehow. But different topic for a different time from the text line. I was talking a fair amount about corporate training, because I spent a couple hours doing that yesterday. Not to complain about the company I work for. Every company does it. I realize they're forced to do it. It's not their choice, but we all know it's a complete waste of time, and I it's one of the things I wish Doge could get rid of. It is unproductive, it's a waste of money, and we all know that. You know it. And then when you tell your boss you finished the training, he knows it's a waste of time, or she and their boss knows it's a waste of time. Yet we all I'll do it. We got text from people in different areas of work. Oh, we talked about how there, Why are they so long? And I said that maybe they have to be a certain length. Yes, actually it's legislated that some mandatory training be at least a particular length, like two hours or whatever. No mention of mastery of the topic or what you learned, just the amount of time spent. Oh, for cry it out loud, how government is that it doesn't matter whether you actually learned anything or it's accomplishing anything. It's just got to be this length an hour and twenty minutes, to prove that you've.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because the government says so.
Speaker 1: I hate this sort of thing so much.
Speaker 4: We got this text, I just got to work an hour early to do harassment training for the third time.
Speaker 1: Every year, three times a year.
Speaker 4: Even though studies show it doesn't accomplish anything.
Speaker 1: If anything, it leads to.
Speaker 4: More sexual harassment, but it doesn't. I assume you all know this, but I'll say it for the eighty millionth time. It's to keep the lawyers at bay. If they give this sexual harassment training and you get you sexually harassed somebody, you can't go to the company and say I didn't know, I wasn't supposed to slap her on the ass, and then you sue the company for a million dollars and a jury full of morons. And that's why we are always yes, serve on juries. Don't try to get out of jury duty because you don't want morons. Well, who say the company owes this guy millions of dollars because he claims he didn't know he was most slapper on the ass because he didn't get any training. That's why we're doing all this training to avoid those lawsuits.
Speaker 1: Very very maddening. Different topic.
Speaker 4: I brought up how I spilled coffee all over my chest on the way to work, like I often do because I can't drink out of most travel mugs. I just they don't work for me, and I've gotten a bunch of text from people who have had the same problem who really like some of them. The Zorushie zog Rushie sixteen out stainless steel muggets the best. The lid opens past one hundred and eighty degrees so that your nose has space. Everybody have the same complaint as me. If the flip up lid doesn't fold back far enough, your nose gets in the way, so you have to tip the cup up so high to drink out of it. You're not looking at the roads. You can't drink it while you drive your car. I'm looking at this thing. Still still some head tipping required.
Speaker 1: Okay. Other people suggested the Stanley mug. That is very very good.
Speaker 4: It's like forty Bucks or the Broommate. I'm not advertising any of these. The Broommate specifically because the lid flops all the way back.
Speaker 1: So you can drink out of your coffee mug.
Speaker 8: So okay, this one looks like it might be a winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: I just want to point out I'm not the only person that has noticed that flaw in the design of the little thing. That flips up. Look at this one my nose right there. That's how far I can tip the thing. You can't drink coffee like that.
Speaker 8: No, you cannot.
Speaker 1: You gotta tip your head way back that it's this is tragic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I recommend to yetti.
Speaker 1: You like that. Yeah, my wife has them. We use them all the time. They're not cheap.
Speaker 13: You're drinking out of a thirty dollars Starbucks mug that you don't like.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's true.
Speaker 8: And the YETI is thirty dollars.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk to my clients coming up a little bit and one to get him on for weeks. We could talk about the fact that we're going to bomb the crap out of Iran soon. We could talk about obviously Israel or Ukraine. I don't know if I'll get to that. China getting jump here all the time. How about Trump fire in all these military people, a bunch of different generals in various positions, and the you know, the NPR world calling it a purge. Is this something I should be worried about or is he just putting people in place that agree with his philosophy more. I'm not particularly worried about it. One time, we are quoting retired generals to Mike Lions, and I remember him saying, there's like a thousand retired generals out there, So just because there's a retired general, you don't have to give them some extra credit on what they have to say. Well, we'll talk to Mike Lions coming up. If you miss a seconment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: An important meeting, thanks to you, is going to happen on Saturday for the first time in a long time. They'll be direct talks to Ambassador Woodcoff and a top level leader in Iran. We hope that'll lead to peace. You've been very clear what Iran is never going to have as a nuclear weapon, and I think that's what led to this meeting. We'll wait for him to come back from it, and we're hopeful about that.
Speaker 1: I like Marco Rubio saying it. Trump says it regularly.
Speaker 4: I do remember hearing various presidents say, for instance, North Korea would never get a nuclear weapon, or other people would never get to do this or that, and then they do it anyway, and we don't stop them. Don't don't go into Ukraine, for instance, don't go into crimea joining us on the Armstrong and Getty Show, Mike Lions is our go to whenever we're talking about this sort of stuff. Mike served with various military organizations in the US and Europe throughout his career. He served in Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm. Ordered A Bronze Star. Also has a BS degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point, MBA from Stern School of Business at New York University. You can find him on Twitter if if something BIG's going on military, I always check his Twitter account at maj as in Major Mike liines Mike, welcome back to the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 9: Hey Jack, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 4: Let's start with Iran, Trump said a week or so ago, so they're having direct talks tomorrow. And Trump said a couple of weeks ago, if Rhan doesn't give up their quest for a nuclear weapon, we would bomb them likes of which they've never seen. Do you think he means it? And do you think we can do it? And would we do it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I think of all the things on the President's plate right now when it comes to national security policy, this is number one.
Speaker 9: This issue with Iran. It's been kicked down the road.
Speaker 14: That can's gotten kicked down the road for the past ten or fifteen years now with the original JCPO way back that Obama signed, and it's something that the President wants to take care of. He does set a deadline. He's got a two month deadline with regard to having this this conversation. But I do believe that should at the end of two months here, I think the rangings are going to try to find the ball, but at the end of two months, you're not going to see any more progress. I don't believe that Iran has any intention of getting rid of their nuclear capability, and it's going to force the hand of the master negotiator here because it's likely that it's going to lead to a military conflict.
Speaker 4: Well, to be charitable to Iran, they have been told this multiple times and nobody followed through, so you know, I can see why they would think we can get away with it again.
Speaker 14: Well, I think this time Israel is in much better position and would feel that they could be involved, having literally taken out most of their air defense platforms, the destruction of the Uranian nuclear capability would be a very challenging military objective, and in fact, it likely couldn't be completed just from the military. It would take continuous strikes, it would take it's dispersed, it's in different areas.
Speaker 9: And so that might not even accomplish the objectives.
Speaker 14: And what it only might do is just set the Uranians back years or so with regard to doing this. I mean, the Israelis destroyed the Syrian nuclear capability, they destroyed the Iraqi nuclear capability back in the eighties, and they're not afraid to do it again. I think that's the wild card. I think that's hanging in Donald Trump's pocket here as he's talking to the Ranians, knowing that if they don't do a deal with him, that he's going to unleash the Israelis on them, and they won't stop until they know it's destroyed.
Speaker 4: Right, And I don't think if for some reason we had a maybe Kamala Harris would have been against doing anything. Probably Israel would have done it anyway. They don't have quite the capability we have, but they would. They would have had to try, because what choice do they have. One of my favorite underreported stories is what you just mentioned So we all remember when Iran launched that giant drone attack against Israel and watched that unfold on a Saturday morning and everything like that, and then Israel would respond, how would Israel respond? Izor responded, And a lot of the reporting was when Israel responded that it was kind of a gesture.
Speaker 1: It wasn't really that big a deal.
Speaker 4: Iran from books I've read, wanted to downplay the response. But in reality, what you just said, Israel took down so many of their air defense weapons that they're in the best position. We're in the best position we've ever been for a major attack on Iran. So what do you think that would look like.
Speaker 14: Well, I mean, we've already taken out the air defenses around where their nuclear capability is.
Speaker 9: It's there.
Speaker 14: They've got about eleven different sites that are scattered around ran. They there's three basic components to make a nuclear bomb and to mind it, you have to fortify it and then you weaponize it. And the Israelis have taken out the main air defense platforms on all those sites. But what it would look like, it would start with that again, it would be it would be reinforcing that that any kind of air defense systems. As the United States, anytime we attack, we go in with air superior air defense capability.
Speaker 9: You could see naval fire, you could see Tomahawk cruise missiles. You know. My favorite part of that go back to the movie Maverick.
Speaker 14: Remember in Maverick when they fire the cruise missiles before they go in and they fire.
Speaker 9: The thing is they know that.
Speaker 14: Those air defense systems, so they don't take them out. I don't understand why they don't do that, because they guarantee it. If we know where there's air defense systems, we would take those out and then they would have bunker buster kind of bombs because we know that these systems that the Iranians have set up are well underground. They're designed to be survived, survivable, and it would be the same thing again as you saw in that movie. I mean, as life imitates art. The first kind of tap softens the ground, and the second tap would go deep and blow up, blow up the capability.
Speaker 9: So it would be it would be a war for you know the.
Speaker 14: Ages right now at this point, but because it would have to be much bigger than any other kind of attack that Israel did before when.
Speaker 9: They took out a nuclear capability of another country.
Speaker 4: So would it be fair to say this would be the biggest thing since March two thousand and three, when we you know, unleash shock and awe.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think so. I think it would. You know, you'd have pilots that would be at risk. The question is what allies would come to iron side. They don't really have any military capability of the Russians wouldn't be able to do anything. It would That's the issue people are concerned about, is this escalation within within the Middle East. But the Saudi's would be all in. If we wanted to do this, well, we'd grab allies from these other countries. Again again, Trump's given himself two months to set the situation of gaining allies on this side, seeing what the Uranians are going to do, you know, kind of winding up the war machine.
Speaker 9: And I think that it would have it would be a.
Speaker 14: Very large, shotgun off type of attack. That's that's pretty That's probably a pretty good analogy.
Speaker 4: So the history of warfare, as you know, is the countries thinking this is going to be over soon and we're going to win easily. And I mean, there are so many examples out there throughout history. It happens over and over again. I was just reading about the Six Day War Israel and Egypt and the other countries, and how Egypt thought they were in a position to really dominate Israel and they got wiped out in a matter of minutes. So spin out what could go wrong? Like what what? What is a possible This doesn't work out the way we thought it would?
Speaker 1: What could what could happen?
Speaker 14: I think in most cases, those kind of conflicts are more on the ground. Look what Russia tried to do with Ukraine. It was going to be over in three days. So you have a much deeper component with regard to what the battle is going on in this situation here, you know, the Israelis could lose some planes, We could lose some planes, but the mission would be, you know, from a military perspective, is to destroy or set back the Uranian nuclear capability. And it's it's accomplishable. And I think that's why it's on the table. It's there's no there's for Iran and Israel to go to war. There's countries in between this Syrias in between. There's not going to be a ground war that's that will take place there. What you'll see then is gray zone or you'll see asymmetric warfare perhaps, but now Iran's capability to do that has been destroyed. Hamas Is destroyed, has Billah destroyed. You see the Huthis as we're you know, banging on them down you know, down at Yemen. So so they're they're they're out of the picture. So Iran's and its weakest point as it is right now. So they're going to have to make an existential decision because what it also implies is regime change. When we have this kind of launch and we un this kind of attack into Iran, it really does mean regime change. That's where things go wrong. But the difference is we're not going to put people on the ground.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So you think that would just be a natural goes along with this major attack, is that there would have to be regime change or it would happen.
Speaker 14: I think that would be the undercurrent to it. I think similar to what happened in and go back to Desert Storm. After destroying most of the Iraqi military, we thought that there would be regime change in there, but Asnama saying, ended up, you know, putting down any of those rebellions that took place. Perhaps the Israel and the United States could get together, put people inside of Iran and try to do the same thing there. But I think regime change would be the real risk that would take place inside of Iran.
Speaker 9: That would happen, and that could be good, that could be bad. We think it's good.
Speaker 14: Look, Iran is person that's a highly intellectual country run by you know, very bad people. For the past forty years, we've talked about this is the number one foreign policies failure in my life time in a post World War two era.
Speaker 9: There's no other way to put it.
Speaker 14: If everything today is always because of the Iranian influence and trying to be the hedgemonic power in the Middle East, and their attacks on Israel and the like, and the fact that they're the number one state sponsor of terrorism.
Speaker 4: I want to move on that from that before I let you go. I've been following Senator Tom Cotton's got a book out called Seven Things You Can't Say About China, and I've been listening to his podcasts as he talks about that, and he's really concerned as everybody is, about China making their move on Taiwan. So one of the things he brought up the other day, and I wondered to what your perspective was. It is what happens when the day comes when China is having one of those military exercises like they had recently where they basically surround Taiwan. They've got all the ships in place, they got all these people, they got planes flying overhead, and they all of a sudden announce or don't announce that this is real, this is not an exercise.
Speaker 1: You're ours now. Could we do anything about that?
Speaker 14: Yeah, to what the Egyptians and the Arab countries did to Israel back on the sixties and the seventies, they kept moving troops towards the border and forcing Israel to respond and have to alert their forces, and then finally they ended up coming. So I think that's how it will go when it goes down. I don't think there's anything we can do about it. Are deterrens right now? Are also we're at a trade war with China that's on the non military side.
Speaker 9: That's clear that what's.
Speaker 14: Taking place there so and China has always had time in their side, and I think maybe that's their calculation now as they fight with President Trump over these tariffs. You have economists saying we should just go to four hundred percent. The bottom line is we're going to have a trade war with China. In for a penny, in for a pounds, same thing on the military, we might as well try to what will eventually again become razine change there because time is always on their side for a leader for life that it takes place.
Speaker 9: So if they decide to do that here, I think that's a very real scenario.
Speaker 14: But it would mean it would mean US forces attacking inside of China, and then that could potentially meet my Chinese forces attacking you know, California.
Speaker 9: So yeah, it could be. It could get very bad, very quickly. So I don't believe.
Speaker 14: I don't believe the United States would do anything at that point in time because of that risk. I think that they could possibly try to help the defense of it, but firing missiles into China would be a bridge too far that would start the Third World War in the Pacific.
Speaker 4: Wow, you are among many people that I've heard that you know, I would describe as you know, certainly not pacifists. Afraid to use Bower who said, if China moves on Taiwan, We're probably just going to have to say, okay, yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't see us again sacrificing a West coast city for it, because that's really what it will mean as they the the terrence that the President has brought to the world now is clearly there. I think that it's caused countries to think twice. But if they miscalculate whether or not we can actually do something about it. You look at the military, they're probably seems to be shipbuilding right now. We have to we have to redo our navy, we have to do a lot more things, so we're probably five to ten years behind that we could actually then do something and feel that we could protect both the naval forces that we have in the Pacific plus our western flank, which is again the state of California in our West coast cities. And I think I don't think that we're there then, and I think that's what's being brief to the President, which is why if they decide to do it, it's you know, it's just another indicator of how China actually it really is what they're country's about.
Speaker 4: Mike Clients, You see them pop up on cable news or follow him on Twitter or whatever. Something big happens, always look for your insight. Thanks for your time today. I appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Thanks Jack, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: When a guy starts throwing around like in serious tones, then they would uh, then they would attack California.
Speaker 1: Holy crap. All right, I'm sure we'll discuss that more later at another time.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I want to tell you about Price Picks and their involvement with the Masters Tournament. That's where Joe is today. Joe is not here, He's at the Master's Golf Tournament. Very hard ticket to get. Price Picks is the best place to build a lineup featuring golfers competing in the Masters and to cash in onto all your favorite sports. With over ten million members and billions of dollars in award winnings, Price Picks has made daily fantasy sports accessible to all. And yeah, the Master's involved. I'm all excited about the NBA Playoffs which start next week. You can download the Price Picks up today, use the code Armstrong and get fifty dollars instantly when you play five bucks. That codes Armstrong on Prize Picks to get fifty dollars instantly when you play five win or lose, you'll get fifty bucks just for playing prize picks. Run your game. Uh man oh while contemplating World War three on Friday.
Speaker 1: Enough of that.
Speaker 4: Enough of that, got some great text on a variety of topics and some other fun stuff to get to stay.
Speaker 1: Here, arm Strong and Yettie.
Speaker 5: I kind of have always known that I have a very tall mouse.
Speaker 6: As a little kid, I had seven siblings, and as kids do, we used to put stuff in our mouths all the time.
Speaker 8: And it always confused me when people are like, oh.
Speaker 1: Light bulbs are you know, don't open them in your mouth.
Speaker 8: They get stuck. But they never got stuck in my mouth.
Speaker 4: People look at.
Speaker 1: That and they think that's something that really exists.
Speaker 8: I wonder if I.
Speaker 4: Can do that. That is a woman who set the Guinness record for having the largest mouth gap. She said, I over had a really tall mouth. I've never heard that term before, but I guess if you can open your mouth lengthwise a long way, they call that a tall mouth.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, right, three inches is the record. Thank you for that, Mike.
Speaker 8: Wow, you can put a lot of stuff from there.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic.
Speaker 13: Every time we play a clip, I of course, go to the Internet, which I need to stop doing, and I googled her and.
Speaker 8: I'm looking at a picture of her with five Jenga pieces staffed in her mouth.
Speaker 1: See five Jenga pieces.
Speaker 8: Five Jenga pieces.
Speaker 4: Worth mentioning that I've still never lost a jinga in my entire life. I never lost one game of jinga. It might be the world's best Jinga player. A couple of unimportant things to get to.
Speaker 13: Oh, here's the one with her with the can of corn in her mouthing this tab forever.
Speaker 1: What do you what?
Speaker 4: So, Gladys, I've told this story before, Gladys, but this is this is something. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with getting into the Guinness Book of World Records.
Speaker 1: I mean just obsessed. Okay, this is the only thing I cared about.
Speaker 4: The Guinness Book of World Records used to be a bigger deal than it is now, Like a lot of books. Now everything's online, all the everything, all the time, everywhere, all the time, like that movie.
Speaker 13: Every year, I was so excited to get the new Guinness war.
Speaker 4: Okay, so even at your age, yeah, because when the new one came out, Man, we'd sit on the school bus and look through that, and it was just loved that thing and I wanted to get in it.
Speaker 1: So I tried all kinds of different.
Speaker 4: Things, snatching coins off my elbow, like you put them on your elbow, you could turn your hand and catch him before they hit the ground.
Speaker 1: I worked on that. I don't know how many hours.
Speaker 4: If I hadn't put that many hours into playing the piano, i'd be at Carnegie Hall. But no, I was trying to snatch quarters off my elbow. Or one time was wearing roller skates NonStop. I forget what the world record was, but I was going to try to do that. I'm sure that was a lot of fun in the house for your parents. It ended the first night. I made it all day long, but trying to sleep in bed with roller skates on, like I can't do this.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: Part of it was my mom.
Speaker 4: Was worried about me tearing up the sheets with the roller skates on, so I had to have my feet hanging off the bed.
Speaker 1: So she's the reason I'm not in the book. She wasn't as.
Speaker 4: Committed as me to a Guinness World World record. She wouldn't let me put my roller skates on the mattress.
Speaker 1: I want to lose mom, come on.
Speaker 4: Then I was gonna there was some record about living in a cardboard box, which now it's like, you know, everybody in certain streets in la or Portland could be sitting in the records, but was living in a cardboard box. So I did this probably like a day in the night. And they had a slit in a cardboard box. And I remember my mom sliding through a plate of like eggs and French toast to me in the.
Speaker 1: More like you're in prison. I can't believe she went her along with this stuff.
Speaker 13: So well, well this might be a dumb question. Was it the cardboard box in the house?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was down in the basement. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I did a number of them.
Speaker 4: It was just I wanted to be like my son said the other day when we were driving home in the cyber truck, he said, you like people looking at you, don't you? And apparently I do have something in that because I wanted to be in the Guinness World Book of Records, and then I end up doing.
Speaker 9: This for a career.
Speaker 13: But there has to be a record you can break that we can get you in there.
Speaker 8: There has to be I say you do this roller skates one again. Yeah your sheets now, no way.
Speaker 1: These are my sheets. Dammit.
Speaker 4: If I tear them up with the roller skates, that's my problem. Need therapy all around that whole thing. That's funny how much time I got my goal ten seconds so in hour four. If you haven't heard Clips of the week, it's absolutely fantastic. I got a little story around that too. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 13: Armstrong and Getty