Speaker 1: Cool Zone Media.
Speaker 2: This is it could happen here. Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what is happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today I'm joined by Sophie Lecterman, Robert Evans, and James Stout. This episode, we are covering the week of September fourth to September eleventh.
Speaker 1: Never wait, remember, wait, what never forget whichever one of those were supposed to do.
Speaker 2: So we had a very big news week already, and then a very big piece of news happened yesterday, when we usually record Executive Disorder, but this is Thursday. We waited a little bit to get some more information before we talk about this story, which'll probably be the biggest story of the week, the assassination of Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 1: So On Wednesday, September tenth, at Utah Valley University at around twelve to twenty three pm Mountain time, Charlie kirk was shot during a campus event. It was a big outdoor event. The crowd, I mean, there's some good footage of elevation of the size of the crowd it was. It looked like several thousand people who had shown up to I think it did all. It seemed like largely supporters, but there was certainly a mix of supporters and protesters around. And yeah, Kirk was shot once from a distance of I think the right now, the best estimate is around one hundred and fifty yards. I mean, that's precise, not accurate, because people are kind of basing it on just sort of like looking at the images and doing like maps, the satellite estimation, right, right, But that does seem credible based on what I've seen, about one hundred and fifty yards or so, which is not long range. That's not like short range. It's like low medium range for a rifle. And they found, or at least the FBI is saying they found the rifle, and the pictures show it to be an extremely normal looking bolt action rifle. Kirk was shot once in the neck. It hit his brain stem. You can kind of tell by the way his arms moved after he was shot, so he probably lost consciousness immediately, and he was declared dead about two hours later at the hospital. But that's largely because that tends to be how it's handled when somebody has shot like this, they don't like to announce their death immediately, even if they died immediately, Like that's just kind of it's best pret you want to make sure you've contacted the family and everything like that. So that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and his case of family were present I think at at the event.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure some of them, but there's yeah, like not ever, like they would have probably wanted, Like I doubt his parents or whatever were all there or whatever, like even if his wife and kids were sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, toty makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, those are the facts that we can verify, and there's actually fairly little besides this other than some time stuff that we can verify perfectly. Like they're currently saying that about eleven fifty two a mountain time the shooter arrived near campus, because they do have some videos of the person they think was the shooter. There were at least two people who were taken into custody right after the shooting who proved not to be the guy, and I think they were just grabbing people like it did not they did not seem to be any good reason. One of them had a pellet rifle.
Speaker 2: The first guy started shouting after the shooting. And I'll do it again. And this prompted him to be detained, but was later found to not be a legitimate suspect in the shooting.
Speaker 1: No, because he was right next to the shooting. Yeah, had no weapon, nothing. So I mean, those are the facts as they stand right now. The photo that has been released of the guy they think did it looks like about eighty percent of the male population of Utah clean shaven, but otherwise he looked just as nondescriptives like this dude takes his hat off, maybe shaves his head, like it would not be wildly difficult for him to hide because he does not look like pretty greeny.
Speaker 2: Picture is not as clear as something like the United Healthcare CEO shooting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the FBI did offer a reward of up to one hundred thousand dollars for information.
Speaker 2: We do know that, Yeah, which points towards the usefulness of the tips they have been getting so far. Exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, the rifle is for anyone who's interested. It looks they thought it was a Mauser.
Speaker 1: I guess it didn't look like one from the photos that they released, but maybe that maybe that was yet again, not the gun because the FBI has said a lot of things and then backtracked on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the New York Post has a pit sho of a sporterized Spanish mauser with a composite stock. Have you seen that one, Robert.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the one I saw that. It looked like a savage to me. But is that is that a sportized eight millimeter that was rebarreled the thirty eight six?
Speaker 3: That would be my guest, the Spanish mausers, you anyone I'm aware of that the bolt turned down in that way. Good idea, but that it's not a great picture. It could also be something else.
Speaker 1: Because it just looked like any hunting rifle on a store rack the photo that I saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, I think it's someone who has done a sported job on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's somewhat interesting about that, like, other than just being a dweeb, is that potentially one could acquire a gun like that without having filled out forty four to seventy three form right like an FBI background check. I know they will if they have the weapon, they will certainly be pursuing trying to trace that as one of the ways they're trying to locate the shooter. Yes, so if this person's either a relative could have acquired it before it was necessary to do a forty four to seventy three yes, or I think with curios and relics in some states, or antique weapons, you don't have to do a background check.
Speaker 1: No, and you don't have to do a background check. I mean, face to face sales are I believe legal in Utah. Yes, private face to face sales are legal in Utah.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So if this guy bought basically, what that means is if this guy just bought a gun in cash from a dude, there's not a record of that, although said dude might come forward.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: That said, the fact that this is a sportized old mouser means this could be a gun that's put in the family a while that he's sportized, in which case there's absolutely no record of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, definitely, I'm guessing. I've seen people call it a high powered rifle and stuff like. Just just be aware it's kind of an old gun.
Speaker 1: It's an old gun. I mean, if it's thirty, If it is thirty at six, I would say that's a high power cartridge. H No, it is, that's a big round but yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a full size rifle cartridge for sure.
Speaker 1: People hunt deer with thirty at six all the time. It's an extremely normal hunting rifle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like probably top five most common kinds of rifle for someone to have in this country.
Speaker 1: And that was bolt action hunting rifles my assumption as soon as I saw the video, because the guy fired one shot, and it's relatively uncommon for people who are shooting in mass crowded public situations like this to limit themselves to a single round, which it just suggests number one, like a bolt action, which I also thought was likely because they didn't leave any amo behind. And if he was firing something like an ar, those can fling brass so widely that you can't easily catch it, like if you're especially if you're trying to escape immediately after shooting. And yeah, I would guess. I'm seeing a lot of people online obviously conspiracy start. I'm seeing so many people say like this had to have been a hit, This was a professional, only a professional hit have done.
Speaker 2: This Trump distracting from Epstein, this was the massage that this was any number of unhinged theories around nice.
Speaker 1: Event, And I will say, right now as pertains the competence of the shooter. Anyone who had picked up a gun for the first time couldn't have easily done this, Like I doubt this as someone who was new to firearms, but anyone who like shot a deer once or twice a year could have made this happen. Anybody who went to the range, you know, once or twice a month for a while, could have gotten competent enough to make a shot like this very easily, very doable for like hobbyist shooters, which there are many of in the United States and any other in Utah. I would be shocked if like less than about eighty percent of the adult male population of Utah could have made the shot. Right.
Speaker 2: You do not need like military training, You do not need to be a veteran to make this shot.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: And I think it's very irresponsible to see so many people, like including people who are journalists, speculating like that. Like I know that generally firearms are not covered well in the US media despite being ubiquitous here, but like in cases like this, it's okay no to no, but it's better to be quiet if you don't know.
Speaker 1: Yes, the other thing I guess we should get into is in terms of the escape and what we know. This is also not something that necessitates fucking Navy seal training, right, Like, Yeah, you're a white, clean cut guy in fucking Salt Lake City. If you have a bag that you could hide your gun in and you get down, maybe throw on a different jacket or something like that over your shirt or change shirt. It's walk away, get to your car, drive off, very hard for them to track you. Saltlake said, He's not New York. It's not blanketed in cameras, not like New York. There's not a massive police presence for this rally, and there certainly wasn't a massive police presence doing concentric circles around the rally. This was not like a fucking the President's in town and the Secret Service is walking everything down for two.
Speaker 2: Miles and Charlie's own security tends to stay close to him at the event. They're not set up with giant perimeters.
Speaker 1: No, because none of them expected something like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure that Charlie Kirk has received threats before, but yes, I mean, there's only so much a private individual can do right in these situations.
Speaker 2: He often wears a bulletproof vest.
Speaker 1: Yes, really yeah, Yeah, There's only so much a private individual can do, And there's only so much you can do if you're holding an event outside. Yeah, like to stop somebody who's got us a scoped rifle from getting on top of a roof, right Like. I'm sure his family is firing their current secuity right now, obviously, But I really don't know what they could have done, like what his personal security could realistically have done, other than say, don't do an event outside, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A few other notes that we should touch on on Thursday morning, some unverified information related to the ongoing investigation notes leaked online through fellow campus debater Stephen Crowder. Stephen Crowder shared an internal memo which contained unverified information, which reads, in part quote atf another law enforcement located an older model imported Mouser thirty odd six caliber bolt action rifle wrapped in a towel in a wooded area near the campus. The location of the fire room appears to match the suspect's route of travel. The spent cartridge was still chambered, in addition to three unspent rounds in the top fed magazine all cartridges have engraved wording on them expressing transgender and anti fascist ideology unquote. So this claim linking the shooting to transgender and quote unquote anti fascist ideology, whatever that means, spread around the internet like wild, as expected, though a few hours later, the New York Times reported quote according to a preliminary internal report circulated inside the Bureau of Alcohol tobacko Firearms and Exposives, federal and local officials recovered ammunition with the shooter's rifle that appeared to be engraved with statements expressing transgender and anti fascist ideology. But a senior law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the investigation cautioned that report had not been verified by ATF analysts, did not match other summaries of the evidence, and might turn out to have been misread or misinterpreted. In fast moving investigations, such status reports are not made public because they often contain a mixture of accurate and inaccurate information unquote.
Speaker 1: Yes and again. When that person with the pellet ride was arrested, Cash Betel, director of the FBI, posted on Twitter, we have the man who killed Charlie Kirk, and then had to post like an hour later, Nope, which is not a thing you saw with previous directors of the FBI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for a good reason. Yeah, like that. The handling of this has been pretty unorpthodox.
Speaker 1: No, And I can see why a fucking Stephen Crowder fan in the ATF would want to get that out immediately totally, especially because he probably knew at some point that's going to get corrected. But what matters is it gets out for some degree of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then that bakes into the reality of a certain number of people forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's what matters, whether or not it's true. And we don't know yet is it true or not? Right, We simply don't know.
Speaker 2: Heysus Garrison. This is just a short update. On Thursday evening, law enforcement gave a press conference where Utah Governor Spencer Cox cautioned against quote unquote a tremendous amount of disinformation circulate online about the killing of Charlie Kirk and specifically cited bots from China and Russia which were encouraging violence and instilling disinformation into discourse around the shooting. Now, while there certainly have been many on the left who have been joking or even celebrating this, shooting.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, lots of people.
Speaker 2: Rhetoric from the right has been similarly violent, with calls to do mass violence or purge the Democrats or people on the left. I'm going to play video of the White House released late Wednesday night of Trump giving a statement on the shooting.
Speaker 4: It's a long past time for all Americans and the media to confront the fact that violence and murder are the tragic consequence of demonizing those with whom you disagree, day after day, year after year, in the most hateful and despicable way possible. For years, those on the radical left have compared one for Americans like Charlie to Nazis and the world's worst mass murderers and criminals. This kind of rhetoric is directly responsible for the terrorism that we're seeing in our country today, and it must stop right now. My administration will find each and every one of those who contributed to this atrocity and to other political violence, including the organizations that funded and support it, as well as those who go after our judges, law enforcement officials, and everyone else who brings order to our country. From the attack on my life in Butler, Pennsylvania last year, which killed a husband, and father, to the attacks on ICE agents, to the vicious murder of a healthcare executive in the streets of New York, to the shooting of House Majority leaders Steve Scalise and three others. Radical of political violence has hurt too many innocent people and taken too many lives.
Speaker 2: The Trump assassin was not left wing.
Speaker 1: No, now, he was a registered Republican.
Speaker 2: There's currently no indication of the political alignment of this shooter whatsoever. Just because they killed Charlie Kirk does not mean that this was a left wing ANTIFA super soldier. Charlie Kirk has had a memafied status on the Internet for the past few years, which has encouraged vitriol and threats from those on the extreme right as well as the far left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's particularly disliked by like the hardcore anti Semites on their right, and.
Speaker 2: The Gropers have long had fun with making threats against Charlie Kirk in the quote unquote groper war, which we don't have time to get into. But it's not just Trump's worrying statement there promising a degree of crackdown. Jesse Waters on Fox has claimed, quote, We're gonna avenge Charlie's death. Yep, here's a clip of Jesse Waters on Fox News last night.
Speaker 5: Trump gets hit in the ear, Charlie gets shot dead. They came after Kavanaugh with a rifle to his neighborhood. They went after Musk's cars. They just shot two Jews outside the embassy.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 5: Schlice got shot, barely survived.
Speaker 1: It's happening.
Speaker 5: We've got transshooters, we got riots and la They are at war with us. Whether we want to accept it or not, they are at war with us.
Speaker 1: What are we going to do about it?
Speaker 5: How much political violence are we going to tolerate? And that's the question we're just going to have to ask ourselves now. Charlie would want us to put as much pressure on these people as possible. Dana nailed it. This is unacceptable and has to stop, and it has to stop now.
Speaker 2: And everybody's accountable.
Speaker 5: And we're watching what they're saying on television and who's saying what the politicians and the media and all these rats out there. This can never happen again. It ends now. Greg's right again, this is a turning point, and we know which direction we're going.
Speaker 1: He made a turning point Joe huh.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's Jesse Waters doing a turning point time.
Speaker 3: Well, so the use of rats to refer to other people's I know he's giving like radio mil Collan vibes.
Speaker 1: It's also worth noting Republican Representative Clay Higgins from Louisiana is saying that he's seeking to have social media companies place lifetime bans on users who celebrated the assassination.
Speaker 2: It's not just Jesse Waters calling for war. Other commentators are employing very similar rhetoric, including Alex Jones and Steve Bannon.
Speaker 1: We're in a war.
Speaker 4: The Latins was saying, put a bullsa on trumpet bulls on his supporters.
Speaker 1: Charlie Kirk's a casualty of war.
Speaker 3: We're in this country.
Speaker 2: Chaia Wricheck tweeted on the lips of TikTok account quote this is war. The oas Keep founder Stuart Rhodes announced on Info Wars that his militia would be reforming to help with security at right wing events.
Speaker 1: Mat oh gosh.
Speaker 2: It was a good Wired article Wednesday night, which collected various calls to violence among the right in the aftermath of the shooting. Quote Ed Martin US pardon attorney and former acting with Stornay for DC wrote on Twitter, quote for it is written, vengeance is mine. I will repay, says the Lord. Citing Romans. Twelve nineteen, Elon Musk posted the left is the party of murder, then quoted a post blaming the left wing and mainstream media, as well as figures like Gavin Newsom for radicalizing people against right wing figures like Kirk Kitty Miller, who works with Musquet Doge and is the wife of Stephen Miller, wrote on x that even liberals condemning violence quote have blood on their hands. You could be. Next. Influencer and unofficial Trump advisor Laura Lumer posted on Twitter, the left are terrorists. Christopher Ruffo, a conservative activist who popularized the demonization of critical race theory, suggested in a Twitter post that the radical left responsible for the shooting and urged the US government to quote infiltrate, disrupt, arrest, and incars rate all those who are responsible for this chaos unquote. There's many, many more. This is after the right has long celebrated certain types of political violence.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, constantly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that old guy in Panama who shot a protester blocking the street. The entire right rallied behind that man. Kirk himself has embraced Kyle Rittenhouse, who shot and killed two people after a plastic bag was thrown in the direction of Kyle Rittenhouse. Kirk was vocally supportive of the man who tried to attack Nancy Pelosi in her home and did attack pol Pelosi.
Speaker 1: Yes, specifically specifically urged his audience to bail him out.
Speaker 2: It was like not even two months ago that Minnesota state senator and her husband were killed. Political violence exists across the spectrum. This is not a left wing problem. This is an American problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the vast majority of political of like terrorist attacks that are politically motivated in the US are right wing like and have been for the last several decades. Per the FBI, in.
Speaker 2: The twenty twelve to twenty twenty one, fifty five percent of murders tied to political extremism came from white supremacy fourteen percent, anti government six percent to other right wing twenty percent, Islamist four percent left wing, and the white supremacy fifty five percent are far right Nazis.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In terms of like, who did this? Yeah, I think we touched on Grouper's a little bit. We should probably talk a bit more about the kind of online feud between a chunk of Nick fuintes Is fan base and Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 2: It was certainly more prominent a few years ago. As Kirk has himself has moved further to right, has adopted great replacement theory, the feud kind of dissipated, but it certainly was like a legitimate thing in the right for years.
Speaker 1: Yes, to the extent that that a number of folks are kind of have suspected that like maybe that's who did it again, we really have no idea. I'm just bringing this up to make the point that there's a variety of reasons why this guy could have done this, why this person could have done this, including could be an Epstein related thing. Right, there's a lot of anger at figures who kind of bought into the Trump line that we're done now with the Epstein stuff. There's no way to know, and I think that's kind of where we have to end that part of our discussion here is we don't know why this was done, and to extent, it doesn't matter if it comes out tomorrow that this guy was like a White House staffer working for Donald Trump who did it because he thought Charlie Kirk could disre Like if some crazy shit like that happened, it wouldn't change at all the way that they're talking about this shooting, like it just doesn't matter, Like we are where we are with them, and they're saying a lot of the same stuff like that. This is an escalation in rhetoric, but it's not a massive escalation in rhetoric over the way they've been talking about fucking the people changing, like.
Speaker 2: The cracker barrel logo logo, we have to go to war.
Speaker 1: We have to go to war, We're at war.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about that when you said that, like the lips of TikTok had tweeted that we were at war, Like you could probably go back and see dozens of other instances almost exactly the same statement.
Speaker 1: Right, And is this something that could lead to mass Could this be because I've seen people comparing this guy like Charlie Kirk to Horst Wessel, who was a Nazi literally a PEMP that was a member of the Nazi brown Shirts who was murdered, and it became a huge rallying cry for the Nazi Party, right, they made a song about him. It was a big deal. I think that's kind of a very silly comparison. For one thing, Horse Wessel is meaningful because he was killed before the Nazis came to power, and they used his death in order to get to power, and Trump is in power. If you're not aware, they.
Speaker 2: Don't need to invent excuses either to like crack down on the left or no, or carry out their policies. They're already doing that. I've seen people go into complete panic modecause they're gonna be like, they're gonna use this, this this shooting to to now do terrible things, as if they're not already doing terrible things, Like they don't need to wait for events to happen. They are more than willing just to do whatever they want when they want to.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is that is exactly like the the That's exactly what I would tell you. And in terms of like comparisons, I don't even think it's super useful to try to compare this to specific figures from fucking German history, because there's.
Speaker 2: Really that's America in twenty twenty five. Yeah, there's a viral TikTok of a man talking about the Book of Mormon, like like seconds after the shooting.
Speaker 1: Standing next to where Kirk died, and we now know that he stole a bunch of shit from the booth that was covered in blood to sell it online. Like this is this is all of the books the American Germany. You won't find anything like that in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I better historical comparison we will see, right, might be Jose Carvo Sotelo Leku, whose death did immediately sort of was one of the things that accelerated the start of the Spanish Civil War, I guess, yeah, But even then, like no one was tiktoking and grabbing much that was stained by his blood.
Speaker 1: No, And there's no you can like say, like, oh, well, this figure's assassination preceded this kind of violence, but like, okay, was that figure a guy who did what Charlie Kirk did and was connected in the way Like no, Like this is an American thing, this is new ya, this is a novel, his moment in history, and we don't know what's going to happen. I'm not saying, don't you know if you were if you're the kind of person who has been worried about right wing violence accelerating. You shouldn't be less worried right now, and I think that's a good thing to be worried about. There's been a spree of bomb threats called into like historically black colleges today and BNC headquarters last I checked. I don't think anything actually has been done, but it makes sense. It's an angry from the right. You know, you've got some people who woke up piste off this morning and decided to call in some bomb threats. Apparently we'll see you know who the culprits were there. But I didn't want to touch on something else that I've seen in the wake of all this that is pretty novel. But we should do an AD break first, all right, coming back, I wanted to talk briefly about the way AI is being used by civilian investigators to try and crack this caper. People have been using AI to enhance the images that the FBI released of the maybe shooter. Again, we don't even know that that guy's a shooter because they fucked up very badly on this initially, but people have been using to like clarify and we know that the AI is doing a bad job because again he's wearing a distinctive shirt. People found the shirt online and when the AI was like solidifying the image on the shirt, it did it wrong, Like it put like a silhouette of a man on there that wasn't on there, like it like.
Speaker 2: You can also submit the same image to like five different AI imaging programs and get five wildly different results for what the face quote unquote looks like.
Speaker 1: And I just brought that up because I haven't seen that happen before with one of these things. And it was like, oh, okay, cool, that's a fun new.
Speaker 2: This is going to be something we'd have to deal with now for every single right preceding event in absolutely, yes, whatever this hellscape of the American Century of humiliation looks like.
Speaker 1: Yes. The other thing I wanted to bring up is within about like two to three hours after Kirk was killed, and after again it had been announced that he was dead, people were asking Grock is this video? Because the video was spreading wildly of him dying on everywhere. Really, but people asked on Twitter, they asked groc elon Musk's AI, is this real? And the response that was posted initially was Charlie Kirk takes the roast in stride with a laugh. He's faced tougher crowds. Yes, he survives this one easily. And then someone responded, Groc, he got shot through the neck. What are you talking about? And Grok responded, it's a meme video with edited effects to look like a dramatic shot, not a real event. Charlie Kirk is fine, he handles roasts like a pro. So again, I bring this up just because this is going to only become more of a factor in the immediate wake of shootings and terrorist attacks and disasters. Is people going to AI's for information about the validity of videos, about the validity of threats. And what scares me is not this didn't do any damage, right, Like, this doesn't didn't hurt the man hunt for the killer. It didn't like do anything. It's just ridiculous. But let's say you've got videos of a disaster ongoing, I mean, like a fucking natural disaster coming or whatever, and people are being told to leave their homes and somebody asks, fucking Groc, hey do I need to hear I'll plug this video and it'll tell me if the storm's going to hit my house or if I can stay here, people are gonna do shit like that, like that's gonna happen. Yeah, you're right anyway, just his heads up.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's bleak. Yeah, that's pretty terrible.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: Well that's I think all we got to say on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll keep updating you is we learn more. I'm sure this will developing over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is going to keep being a major story. Well, I'm sure we'll do a dedicated episode on it next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Something else that happened on Wednesday, the same day as the Charlie Kirk assassination, was a school shooting in Colorado. Two students were shot before the shooter killed himself. Police have said, quote, we are looking at him mode if we don't have one yet. He was radicalized by some extremist network and the details of that will be down the road, And we wanted to give you that much about maybe a mindset for him. Unquote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I guess it's just a marking of what kind of shootings Americans are adneured to, and not school shootings that's business as.
Speaker 2: Usual, especially if it's just a regular white male teenager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, We'll be kind of following that one as well to see what it's online radicalization was that they Yeah, they've already found so early. But yeah, it's pretty tragic that two school shootings happened in a day.
Speaker 2: It was reported in multiple outlets last week that the Department of Justice was considering restricting gun ownership rights for transgender Americans in the wake of the Minneapolist Catholic school shooting last month. This was first reported by the Diggity Wire, who quoted the source inside the Justice Department saying quote, Individuals within the DOJ are reviewing ways to ensure that mentally ill individuals suffering from gender dysphoria are unable to obtain firearms while they are unstable and unwell unquote. CNN said that their sources described the proposal for a transgun ban as quote prelimin in nature, and since then, the DOJ and the Trump administration have not made any clear statements confirming or denying this reporting. A DOJ spokesperson acknowledg THEES reports with the statement, reading, quote, the DOJ is actively evaluating options to prevent the pattern of violence we have seen from individuals with specific mental health challenges and substance abuse disorders. No specific criminal justice proposals have been advanced at this time. Unquote. Trump declined to answer a question about a possible transgun ban last Friday. This is something right wing influencers have been advocating for years now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On September fifth, the NRA made a statement reading, the Second Amendment isn't up for debate. The NRA supports the Second Amendment rights for all law abiding Americans to purchase, possess, and use firearms. The energy does not and will not support any policy proposals that implement sweeping gun bands that arbitrarily strict law abiding citizens of their Second Amendment rights without due process.
Speaker 1: Yep, which is consistent with the NRA messaging four years because the.
Speaker 2: Lion is the recent messaging. Definitely.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the line has been for as long as I have been a gun owner, which is twenty years now from the NRA that after the.
Speaker 2: Civil Rights movement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, registration and like laws forcing people to register their guns, and like gun control laws in general are that restrict at all access to firearms are a prelude inevitably to mass confiscation. Right, Like that has been the that has been the line for a long time.
Speaker 2: This does not surprise me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, the stance doesn't. The fact that they said something publicly during this does because the NRA has been quiet a lot when there's an issue, like, for example, that the shooting the Filando Castile right, who was legally carrying a concealed firearm when the police murdered him in his car. They kept pretty fucking quiet about that. So I am a little surprised that they said something. But what they're saying is is very consistent with other shit they've been saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no current legal mechanism that exists for them to do this. They would have to invent or heavily alter the current way that gun rights can be taken away, which is right now through individual court cases where a judge finds an individual person quote unquote mentally deficient. And it's highly unlikely that the gun lobby will support any policy proposals that start adding certain diagnoses to a list that excludes you from gun ownership, because sure, if you add gender dysphoria, now that might not be a huge problem to many on the right. But let's say a Democrat administration and Democrat House and Senate come into power. Now there was this precedent that you can add diagnoses to take away gun rights, which would enable adding things like depression or PTSD, which a lot of veterans have. And this is like the slippery slope that the NRA warns about, So it makes sense that they would be taking this stance. Similarly, I don't necessarily see a very clear path for them to like rest strict HRT through this mechanism. SIS people, including a lot of men who own guns, take testosterone and CIS women take estrogen, so that would be a very tricky way to handle this.
Speaker 1: I think the only way they could again would be if they try to restrict en mass like the prescription of hormones specifically to people with gender dysphoria or trans people, which is difficult for a lot of reasons, but would provide it like a pretext for Okay, these people are now taking stuff an illegal substance, and you can go after people with guns for that. But I feel like I don't know how you would judicate that how you like force Like the federal government does not theoretically have the ability to force the medical community to say nobody who's got gender dysfoia gets hormones.
Speaker 3: Ever again, Yeah, I mean, you could maybe do something through the FDA, but I don't see how you could do it just to trans people and.
Speaker 1: How right, like, how would you keep it legal for all of Joe Rogan's friends, and that's just like through the FDA, right, I don't I literally just don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not super familiar with that.
Speaker 2: But this is obviously something that we will keep an eye on. This is this is like a possibility that we've discussed the right wanting to enact for years now, and the fact that the DOJ might even have some people in there who are doing preliminary considerations. It obviously is a worrying sign of the general position on trans rights and transgun rights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for our immigration update this week, I want to start by talking about the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court confirmed in its case that CBP and more permanently ICE can continue their policy of racial profiling. This overturned a lower court judges ordered that prohibits them from stopping someone in Los Angeles based on ethnicity alone. It didn't just look at ethnicity. It said that it prohibits them from using either one or a combination of four factors, which were apparent race, the accent or they use for non English language, their job, Their jobs that tend to have a higher proportion of undocumented people. Right, they get construction and some agricultural jobs. And their presence at a certain place again right, places like a home depot or a farm garrison. Smiling at how I correctly pronounce the word depot. There, CBP has always been able to profile you at the border. Right, that's kind of what they do. There was a nineteen seventy five Supreme Court decision that one's called USA versus Brignion. I think it's BRIDNIONI like Italian Brigni ponce. That decision looked a roving traffic stop uppearing lives in San Clemente, And in that case, the CBP had stopped someone not a checkpoint, but while sitting by the side of the highway in their vehicle, and they had done so solely based on the apparent ethnicity of the driver. That was ruled unconstitutional, and the standard that offices needed to have was quite reasonable. Suspicion that pertains to roving stops, which is kind of what ICE is doing in la right. CBP officers have also previously been sued, more recently for using a language as to sol basis for detention, like if you're speaking Spanish, yeah, exactly, that was the case, right, it's pudo and Hernandez versus US Customs and Border Protection. That one was in Montana. The ACLU of Montana sued them to Spanish speaking ladies were speaking Spanish in a store. They actually said hello to a border drill agent in the English who proceeded to detain them on the basis that not many people speak Spanish in Montana. I think the name is from Spanish, like Montagna, but maybe I'm wrong. The State Department has also issued guidance that non immigrant visa applicants can now only schedule interviews in their own country. So this is a further burden for people seeking visas to come to the United States. Right previously, you could do it at another US embassy or consulate. For instance. You know, if you were let's say French but resident in Spain, you could apply at the consulate or embassy there. Right now you have to go to your country's embassy. In some cases, there are designated embassies or consular places for for national states where the US has no embassy or similar presence, like a US hasn't got an embassy in Afghanistan right now for pretty obvious reasons, right, So I believe it's such Lama bad for those people, for example. Finally, I want to get onto the case of the dozens of watermelon children who came to the US and accompanied by adults they are related to, and who the Trump admin attempted to deport over the Labor Day weekend. Sometimes I don't like the phrase unaccompanied miners because maybe they are accompanied by someone who's just not in their family, right that people have taken care of them on the journey, almost certainly, and I've seen this myself, and so I don't know the idea that then they're not just walking alone, but they are not with their relatives, right if undertaking this journey themselves. So Judge Sparkle supn Nan temporarily halted their removal in the early hours of Sunday morning of Labor Day weekend. This is an extremely unusual decision, right, but the judge decided it was warranted because not doing so would put the children in potential extreme danger. The government categorically attempted to remove these children, like very quickly and literally got them out of bed, right. We got these little children out of beds in their foster homes and attempted to shove them on a plane to Guatemala. Their attorney literally ran onto the tarmac at the airport to tell flight control personnel that they were likely in violation of a court order. They allowed the plane to take off like it couldn't be more last minute than this, right, they were literally working all night. Judge Tim Kelly now has to rule on the legitimacy of the government's claims. The claim the government makes here is that it was quote reuniting children with parents abroad, not deporting them, and that would mean the children don't have the statutory protections that they do if it were being as quote unquote unaccompanied miners. Right. Previously, the government had made the claim that the children's parents wanted them to be returned. It's dropped that claim after Reuter's published a watermelon government document which completely refutes that none of the children's parents seem to want them to come home. So what the government is claiming here is that the Office of Refugee Resettlement, which is under HHS is moving the children, not the Department of Homeland Security. So they're not being deported, they're being reunified with their families. Yeah, that's a pretty sketchy claim. Meanwhile, the kids are in shelters. Many of them were in long term foster care and have been now removed from that environment and they're in shelters. Law Fare, which is an online publication, has a pretty good account of the courtroom exchange that I've linked in the notes. I also several people have asked about this, so I should talk about it. I wanted to talk about the Hyundai plant in Georgia. I don't know what to call this raid. Yeah, in Georgia. I guess raid is the right word. Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, Like more than three hundred South Korean workers were attained at the plant. They should be going home today. They were supposed to go home yesterday, but there were some delays.
Speaker 1: So far.
Speaker 3: IS has claimed that these people were working without proper authorization and slash or but not in the US with proper authorization, their lawyers have claimed, and The Guardian has foundly documents that confirm that many of them had B one visa status. B one is like you can do some work on a B one. It also can be just some extended term tourist visa and you can do certain jobs but not other jobs, and you still get paid at home where you were on a B one, which seems to be what these people were doing. Right. They can supervise construction on a B one, but you can't do construction, and it would make sense for people who are very expert in the construction of these highly technical buildings to supervise their construction.
Speaker 2: It seems that they were in the country to supervise the setting up of this car plant.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most South Koreans can also get est visa waivers, which like it's not exactly the same, but it's kind of a ninety day be one visa. So there are some people who cannot, right, like if they have been cremated of crimes in such that they'd have to go through to be one process. But it seems very unlikely at least that that they were not in the country without any documentation, because like that would be a stranging to do when they can get a est visa waiver. What's really weird about this is the state of Georgia has invested millions, if not billions in bringing this plant to Georgia. Right, it has created a significant economic boost. Something like ninety percent of the products that go into the car come from there. So there are lots of small businesses and local businesses that have started up to provide this factory with the goods it needs. You know, there are all the other services that come with that, right, Like it's economic benefit to the region. I know the state has spent more than three hundred million on improving the roads. Apparently they've deepened ports in some regions to allow larger, larger ships to arrive. It's bought in over twelve billion investment, more than eight thousand jobs, It's received massive tax breaks. It's going to total over two billion dollars according to reporting the arling to in the notes. Yet, Georgia State Police blocked off roads as part of the raid, and it was Georgia Department of Corrections buses that took people away. This seems an odd choice for Kemp. Brian Kemp right, Georgia governor. He's not Trump's favorite. Maybe he's trying to become Trump's favorite. But previously even Republicans in Georgia have been very behind this, I mean, Garrison, you lived in Georgia for a bit, right, This was a thing that the Republicans has support. Is a way to revitalize a place where there wasn't much economic opportunity before.
Speaker 2: Well, and this follows the whole point of Trump's tariffs. If you're trying to bring, yeah, manufacturing to the United States, you have these specialized workers to help supervise the construction and managing of equipment. They get this plant up and running. And even if you're even if you're doing that, even if you're bringing manufacturing back to the States, somehow you still get bitten. Yeah, big time bitten by the Trump horse. I guess yeah, I mean it does.
Speaker 3: It does sort of line up with this working closer to the Feurer hypothesis, right that you have these counter valent impulses and everyone's just trying to do things that they think Trump will like, and kind of sometimes those can directly contradict each other, as is happening here. There's not really a coherent policy platform.
Speaker 2: No, they're they're just so focused on trying to get like the base numbers up, like going to get the number of deportations higher than it's ever been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and therefore, and you have this this sort of series of impulses which motivate Trump is and one of which is deport as many people as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another is broadly written, bring manufacturing jobs back to America, but not if foreign people are helping supervise the construction. I guess understandably, South Careera is very upset. More so I think because these are like middle class professionals who have been detained. Right, they appear to have negotiated a voluntary departure for these people, which it's not like a voluntary departure like you came on told they disneylanded, you're going home on the plane. It can still have long term consequences. But the hope there is that it won't make it harder for these people to get US visas in the future. They have to come back, because obviously it's going to be very hard for this company to build a plant in Georgia if they can't bring any of their staff to Georgia. Yeah, that is about all I have. I'm going to keep looking, especially this Georgia story, see if it develops any further, and if it's worthy of a whole episode, we'll do a whole episode on that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Georgia, the long delayed copp City reco case has finally made some progress in the court. I have been working on the final scripted piece of my Coppa City coverage for basically this whole summer. I've been slowly chipping away at it. Part of the reason why I have not finished that yet is because essentially the whole court case, like the sixty one defendant reco case, got reset in May. They changed judges, and that has delayed an already long delayed case even further. So I was waiting to see a little bit of the results of the court case, or at least get a better indication where the court case is going to go before I finish that final piece. And we're going to get that final piece out probably in the next six month or two here, but I will give this small update because it's pretty substantial. This past Tuesday, September ninth, the defense successfully argued that the State Attorney General's office did not have the jurisdictional authority to prosecute the sixty one defendants under the state's reco statute. This was due to simple procedural error in neglecting to first ask Governor Brian Kemp if the AG's office could prosecute the case. Judge Farmer found that the AG does not have the authority to prosecute Count one of the Rico indictment, which is the racketeering and conspiracy charges affecting sixty one people. So without the sweeping Rico charges in golfing the sixty one defendants, just five defendants would be left with Count two of the indictment, the domestic terrorism charges, which the AG does have the authority to prosecute, and Count three, which is the arson charge, which Judge Farmer indicated could be thrown out on a similar technicality as the racketeering and conspiracy charges. This is still heavily in flux. The prosecution is going to appeal this decision, and it's unclear how this ruling will affect how the rest of the cop City case will unfold, as removal of the Rico charges kind of undermines the rest of the indictment. On Wednesday, they were arguing about the constitutionality of George's domestic terrorisms, which has never been tested in courtse before, so a lot of this case is currently up in the air. But this is a positive sign for the defendants at this point. One brief RFK Junior update. I guess r f K Junior is soon to be released. Autism report from HHS is reportedly going to include the claim that use of tailanol during pregnancy could cause autism in children. Jesus, this is not believed to be true by reputable medical authorities. But the report is set to release sometime in September. It was announced like months ago when r f K Junior said that by September we will finally know the cause of autism quote unquote, And it seems the report is still churning away but set to be released this month, and it will include a few other claims, which we will report on in more detail once the report is actually out. But the Wall Street Journal got this little heads up about the hilan all inclusion in the report.
Speaker 3: Fantastic. So I heard from somebody who is waiting on their work permit, a Kurdish woman who came to the United States to claim asylum from Turkey from Northern Kurdistan. And because she doesn't have a work permit yet and she's gonna be waiting for her work permit sometime, she's asking for help to cover her basic sort of day to day expenses. And this is a thing that people often find themselves in a situation. Right, they have come here, done all the documentation, but it can take a long time to get their work permit, and without friends or family, it can be very hard for them. The website is gofund dot me slash DA thirty nine F seven D zero B. Will have that link in the show notes as well. If you'd like to email us, you can do so. The way to do it is to reach out to cool Zone tips at proton dot me. That is an encrypted email address. All that means is that you will have to all so you use an encrypted email adress if you'd like it to be to end encrypted.
Speaker 1: All right, and here's some ads. We're back and uh, I guess it's time to drop some bars about Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: Somehow Epstein has returned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that joke. It always gets old. So one of the big pieces of news this week before the thing that we started the episode with, I mean, this was the story before that happened, is that as a result of the ongoing investigation into Epstein and whether or not you know how involved was Trump? How involved were Democrats? What do we care that the book, the first fifty years birthday book, that that drawing that Trump is accused of having done where he signed his name as the p Big Care of a very obviously young girl with a poem that seemed to hint at child molestation. That the whole book that Epstein had has has been released to Congress and is now public. Right, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: Democrats on the House Oversight Committee subpoena the Epstein birthday Book from Jeffrey Epstein's estate once the estate made a statement saying that they have the book and wouldn't cooperate with a subpoena.
Speaker 1: And there's a bunch of news articles summarizing it. If you want to read the thing for yourself, just google document cloud Jeffrey Epstein fiftieth Birthday Book, and the whole thing isn't there?
Speaker 3: Yah?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I would say, like just that kind of slight devotion. I guess between this and Charlie kirk shooting, maybe you don't need to give yourself a break.
Speaker 1: You don't saying you should. I just wanted to let people know where they can get to the original source if they don't want to have it mediated by.
Speaker 3: A media, right, It's always good to do that.
Speaker 1: We're going to mediate it for you now. Yeah. So it opens, as far as I can tell, the first well, I mean, there's there's a list of contents. The prologue is written by Gailand Maxwell. Then there's letters from the family, Paula Seymour and Marco I guess you're relatives. Then it's split into Brooklyn. So there's friends of his from Brooklyn who are Warren Eisenstein, neutral, I don't know who that is, Terry Kofka. Very funny that there's a Kafka involved, doctor Stephen Levy, and Michael Buekols. The next section is all girlfriends. They're letters from girlfriends. All of those names have been blacked out for reasons that should be obvious. The section after that is children. God almighty, I don't know whose kids because this is blacked out too, but oh boy. Yeah, and then we get to the section that is friends. That is all the letters from friends, and the friends are Leon Black is on there, Bill Clinton is on there, Alan Dershowitz is on there. The dersh himself.
Speaker 2: Is the letter is really unsettling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Donald Trump is in there. We'll get to that in a second. Donald Trump is in there, obviously these are not. Morton Zuckerman is on there, Leslie Wexner is on there. So a number of like very prominent people. Unknown is at the very end. I don't know like that. That's like literally how the book listed it. So they just have a letter from someone who's presumably his friend but didn't put a name.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a smart move if you're doing things you have federal crimes.
Speaker 1: And then after that you've got the letters from scientists friends of his, which include people we brought up on my episode about a bioscience company who pretends that they're cloning dire wolves and Martin Noak are both on here, so that's great, Oh good. And then after that I just noted girlfriends is like the third group of people who had letters, and all those names were blacked out. But then under science there's another section that's girl dash friends that's longer, and all of those names are blacked out. No fucking idea what that is supposed to meet? Yeah, but upsetting, it's no good whatever it is. Yeah, Anyway, there's some more names on there, but they're not super relevant, Gilan Maxwell's prologue is handwritten, or at least the note in front of it is handwritten. I know you will enjoy looking through the book, and I hope you will derive as much pleasure looking through it as I did putting it together for you. Happy birthday, Love, Gilan Maxwell. So that's the prologue. One of the first pictures, I mean, the first picture in the book is Jeffrey Epstein's standing around with a bunch of soldiers. They look like, I mean, I would guess from some African country. They're all in a camo pattern that's not immediately familiar to me. And yeah, I can't fully read what it says down here. Some of the line say something about a president and the Secret Service to greet you. I don't know who these soldiers were that Jeffrey's standing around. I kind of want to know, but it's a weird photo to start. And then immediately after that is Jeffrey Epstein's cub scout graduation photo. They've got that in. There's a bunch of like pictures of Epstein throughout his life, Like that's kind of how this thing opens before we get down to the letters. Yeah, one thing I wanted to get at there. So there's on page fifty seven there's a photo of Jeffrey Epstein wearing a weird shirt with a bunch of handprints on it when he was younger. That's just titled girls on My Boat. We picked up girls on beach, went out on boat. I tell them with knife in my hand to take suits off, but Warren tells me, don't worry. His name is Jahann. He's just joking. He lives at so and So. I tell Mark to throw him into water. He did no idea what the fuck that's about. But like a lot of it's like that is like very upsetting stories that are handwritten crudely, I think, and often by Gillan. But yeah, it's it's like pretty deeply upsetting stuff. Okay, I do kind of want to read this Bill Elks letter. It just starts with it's no secret that Jeffrey appreciates beautiful women that not many people know. He can create them in a thin whay air, as he did in Iowa in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Good to give a play time discuss fixings that are illegal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy says that he was managing the money of a family who lived in Fairfield, Iowa. Hog farming is a serious industry there, and many people feel there is more than a little truth in the saying that it's hard to tell the difference between the girls and the hogs in southeast Iowa. Jeffrey came to Fairfield to check in on their investigation on their investment opportunities. He asked about the night life and we could only laugh as we dropped him off at the local motel. The next morning or before of us picked up Jeffrey to give him a tour of the area. At our first stop, we parked in front of a bookstore. As we were getting out of the car, a spectacular, tall, blonde woman suddenly came out of the store, walked directly up to Jeffrey and announced, I am new to this area. What's going on? It turns out she was a sales representative for a firm solling academic brand and athletic clothing. She was literally driving through Iowa visiting local campuses. Jeffrey invited her to join us and did his magic. Within a few hours, he had invited her to return to New York with him for the weekend. Yeah, a lot of stuff like that. We should probably read Dershowitz's letter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we sack, Yeah, you can do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's Dershowitz's Who was that man with Epstein? Is the title of the letter. Inquiring minds are asking, who is that man with Epstein? Jeffrey Epstein is, of course, one of the world's most famous men, a household name throughout the planet. His picture has appeared on the cover of every magazine in the world. Everyone knows his story, from his humble roots on Coney Island to his rise to one of the most envied public figures in the Western world. But what is he doing flying to Africa with an obscure former politician from Hope, Arkansas? Who is that politician? And why would Epstein have picked him for the coveted seat on his private jet. Vanity Unfair was determined to get to the bottom of this mystery man and to reveal the story behind the story. Normally, we would not pry into the private life of an obscure Arkansas politician, particularly when he has tried so hard up to now, so successfully to keep his private life to himself. But the moment this scire man stepped under the Epstein jet, he became fair game for probing inquiry. Why would a man like Epstein, who can pick and choose his companions from princes to professors, select a flying companion from the Ozark Mountains. To be sure, he was a Rhodes scholar, but we all know how easy it is to get a roads if you're from Arkansas. There must be something else. Vanity Unfair decided to snoop around as obscure politician reluctantly agreed to be to an interview on the express condition that it was completely off the record. This is what he told us, and then it's blank. The letter ends.
Speaker 2: It comes with a note yes, reading dear Jeffrey. As a birthday gift to you, I managed to obtain an early version of the Vanity Unfair article. I talked them into changing the focus from you to Bill Clinton, as you will see from the enclosed excerpt. Halfy birthday in best regards.
Speaker 1: And then there's a fake Vanity Unfair article. Yeah or cover? Yeah? That who is Jack the Repper?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Epstein? Al Qaeda in South America financed by Epstein. Jeffrey Epstein stole my heart in another courtroom dispatches it's like really crudely animated. But yeah, yeah, I mean it's what do you even say? Oh, there is a quote on the Vanity Fair cover attributed to Epstein that says life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us. So I guess that's a Jeffrey Epstein original.
Speaker 3: Wow, how profound.
Speaker 2: Before we talk about the Trump letter, there's this one other image I didn't like to discuss. This what I can only described as a grooming themed drawing Oh God, yeah to him as part of its birthday card, depicting Jeffrey Epstein in nineteen eighty three giving balloons in a lolly pomp to three young children girls like children, children.
Speaker 1: And importantly, his pockets are turned out out and the pants he's wearing are like patched and old. He's clearly poor in this. In nineteen eighty three, by the way, he was working as a tutor and a teacher, like he was teaching kids at private schools. Like, so that's what's represented here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other section of the drawing is in two thousand and three and has Jeffrey Epstein sitting on the beach with four women touching his body.
Speaker 1: One woman is very clearly touching his genitals and has Je tattooed on her ass.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Epstein's jet is flying a.
Speaker 1: You know it's his jet because the actual in number of his real jet is written on the side of the jet.
Speaker 2: And on the beach he is on a lawn chair outside of what sort of resembles Trump's mar Lago resort in terms of the architectural style, the arched doorways, the tiered structure and lay out of the palm trees, and the beach. This building does not match his house in Florida, or his house in the Southwest, or his house on the island, which appears very different with blue roofing. I'm not saying this necessarily is mar A Lago, but if I were to try to draw mar A Lago from memory, it might look something like this. There's certainly a resemblance which is notable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should talk about literally. The next photo from this is a picture of Jeffrey Epstein holding a check for twenty two thousand dollars to him from Donald Trump. There's three people posing next to him. One of them is a woman whose face is blacked out. There's also another woman with her face blacked out behind them. But the man who's sitting next to the woman at what looks like a dinner table does not have his face blacked out. I don't know why. And it says on this Jeffrey is showing early talents with money and women sells fully depreciated. And then the name of the woman who is being sold is blacked out to Donald Trump for twenty two five hundred dollars. Showed early people skills too. Even though I handled the deal, I didn't get any of the money for the girl.
Speaker 2: So pretty sickening joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, genuinely like nauseating literally, yeah, like him holding up a check Donald Trump gave him for a girl.
Speaker 2: Like a fake novelty check signed by someone's not Trump, just someone signing Donald Trump, not Donald Trump's signature. But people joking. It's a bit about Jeffrey selling a woman to Trump for twenty two five hundred dollars? Was this a fully depreciated?
Speaker 3: Is that the phrasing us it's a phrase, yes, yes, yeah, it's fucking disgusting.
Speaker 1: And then we get down to the original Trump letter, which we've talked about on the show. We've read it to you. This is the one where Donald says it's framed as a conversation between them, and Donald says, enigmas never age. Have you noticed that anyway? The only thing noteworthy about this is now we have the drawing of the woman. It's drawn around the script, and it's i would say, pretty clearly a pubescent girl. Like there's breasts drawn on.
Speaker 2: Their breasts do not look fully developed, and they do not look they're not large like no, and the position of them is higher. They look like underdeveloped breasts.
Speaker 1: Yes, it looks like a drawing of a young girl, like of a child.
Speaker 2: It's so much more creepy than anyone who like tried to draw what this might have looked like, has like previously imagined like they were all drawing you know, like conventionally attractive like adult female bodies. This is much more creepy.
Speaker 1: Now, I will say, it doesn't look like his signature is meant to be pubic care here.
Speaker 2: It's in a similar position. But you know, this is a very abstract drawing. His signature is just his first name, Donald, which he signs a lot of personal notes with, not his full Donald Trump's signature. Trump is maintaining that he did not sign this, that this is a forgery. He is unaware of this letter, even though the signature matches other signatures from him around this time. And this just feels like a very Donald Trump thing to do. Yeah, and is worded similarly to how he talked about women in this era. He now makes statements being like I don't talk this way all my everyone who knows me knows I don't talk this way. And if you watch like clips from Donald Trump in the early two thousands talking about women, it is this type of language. Is it is very gross. Yeah, Like everyone remembers the Howard Stern clip, like come on.
Speaker 1: Right, oh yeah, No. It's also worth noting one of the last things in the book is recipe for like chuck chip cookies. I tried to figure out who put the recipe in there, but their name is blacked out. They're right under Henry Rossofski and right above Les Wexner. I don't know who put that chocolate chip cookie recipe in here, but I might try to make those cookies the Epstein biscuit.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't eat this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A few other things before we close this episode related to Epstein. On September, fifth House Speaker Mike Johnson told reporters that Trump was actually a secret to FBI informant tasked with taking down Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 3: I hadn't heard it did a great job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm saying that what Epstein did as a hoax.
Speaker 7: It's a terrible, unspeakable evil. He believes in himself when he first heard the room where kicked them out of Milvago. He was an FBI informant to try to take this stuff down. The President knows and has great sympathy for the women who suffered these unspeakable arms. It's detestable to them. And I've spoken about this as recently as twenty hours ago.
Speaker 3: This should be documents that could that could corroborate that. One would I one thing Detember eighth.
Speaker 2: Mike Johnson walked back his FBI informant comments, telling reporters he was referring to what Epstein victims attorneys has said that Trump was quote willing to help law enforcement to go after the guy who was a disgusting child abusers at trafficker, all the allegations. That's what they heard. I don't know if I use the right terminology, but that's common knowledge and everybody knows that I was repeating what has been common knowledge for a long time. The President was helpful in trying to get Epstein for the law enforcement to go after Epstein. Unquote, great stuff from Mike Johnson.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: A day later, White House Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt confirmed that Trump was not, in fact an FBI informant. One other weird Epstein story from this week is how the DOJ has been beefing with James O'Keefe's Project Veritas.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Project Veritas did a operation against a DOJ employee in which they recorded him say this, and those files do exist.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thousands and thousands of page of five Jill Redact that every Republican or conservative person in those files leave on the liberal Democratic people in those files.
Speaker 2: I mean they visited that Maxwell person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also.
Speaker 8: Involved got transferred to a minimum security person series, which is against bop Posey because she's she's a committed sex mner. The offering or something to keep about.
Speaker 9: Se That was the acting Deputy Chief of the Office of Enforcement Operations, Joseph Schnitt, telling a stranger about the FBI and DOJ's handling of the Epstein files.
Speaker 2: The DOJ responded to O'Keefe saying, quote, Joseph Schnid had no role in the department's internal review of Epstein materials. He has confirmed as much to leadership, and we plan on publishing his written statements to that effect when we have it. In his words, the comments he made were based on quote what he learned in the media, and he has quote no knowledge of the circumstances surrounding Miss Maxwell other than what was reported in the news unquote. And then Schnid used the Department of Justice X account to post a what it could be described as like an Apple Notes apology statement with thirty percent battery displayed on his phone. When he talks about he talks about meeting a quote woman named Skyler on Hinge, a dating app in July twenty twenty five. Her profile is no longer findable. We had two dates. She gave no clues that she was a reporter or recording car dates. Had I clue, the first date would have ended immediately and there would have never been a second one. My profile indicated I did quote unquote government work, but did not specify for which agency. I never discussed what I do at DOJ. The comments I made were my own personal comments on what I've learned in the media and not from anything I've done or learned via work. Incredible the United States government, everybody. Yeah, and James O'Keeffe out there with the journalism first trap. I guess I wonder if it's I is it a one party consent?
Speaker 3: This is in d C, right, I.
Speaker 1: Don't believe DC is one party consent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that I would be shocked.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how o'keef pulls all this stuff off legally.
Speaker 1: He could get in trouble for this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My understanding would be just to be clear for people who aren't in on the jargon. Like in most states of the Union, I think you need both people's consent to record a conversation. You could argue, I guess he didn't have a reasonable expectation of privacy sitting out there, But I think this is very clearly a clandestine recording.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, sorry, d DC is a one party consents area. Dan, Okay, well there you go.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, I did ye. I did not know that, yep, So well he's safe. Yeah, I guess if that date was in DC, you got to look. If the date was in DCT of jurisdictions around there bumping up. But yeah, that's surprising. No, he's good.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's all we have for this week, which is a lot. This was a massive news week. This is an extra long episode, but sometimes that happens.
Speaker 3: Congratulations on making it this far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and may every day be a new wonderful secret. As you know, Donald Trump told Jeffrey Epstein stop him to send off. We reported the news. We reported the news. It could happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources where it could happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.