Speaker 1: What do you think you are right now?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I don't even know. I probably I wouldn't even know. If I could make it forty yards, I might pull both calves, a hamstringer, a quad. Ain't no telling. He was on that. He was on that super pack and got him a sub five. I wasn't even mad at that in his fifties. Yeah, movement, welcome back, unplugged. Jack's good cool on my brother? How you man? I can't call it man? Just coming off the birthday weekend? You guys coming down tomorrow. Got a good little week out here for U?
Speaker 1: Which shoot, what'd you do? Man?
Speaker 2: I chilled? I went to UCLA, happened to have an alumni nights, so me Jilani, some other guys. I think Russell Westbrook showed up. You know a lot of former and are past and present Bruins went out there for the last ever Pac twelve game. You know the Pac twelve is you say, his mountain to the Big ten. Now, so went out there. It was a p people though, abandons were out there, so it was it was good to kind of catch up, you know with guys. I mean they had guys from like John Wooden's teams that he coached out there. There's a lot of history. So I just did it out of my birthday.
Speaker 1: Bro Chill.
Speaker 2: We've been doing so much shit with the show and the family and move and it was really just a guy's tonight. We went out and did that and grabbed some dinner. It was in bed by eleven o'clock. Nice Jack home stretch of the season. They got about about twenty games left. We're gonna go through something, buy Er Sell. See who's really out there doing it and who's out there pretending to do it? Jack byers Sell. Then Anthony Edwards is the next American face after the Lebron's and Steph's Kadi retire. You know there's guys like Booker, Jason Tatum, Polo jow Zion. Is Anthony Edwards the next American in line to carry that torch?
Speaker 3: I would say bye, he's you know, you still got Lebron and them all in the league right now. But he is a lot of people's favorite player right now, while all those guys in the league and he's mine. But except the fact that he plays on both ends of the ball, none of the stars were talking about play on both ends of the ball.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: They're great scores, they're Hall of Famous, arguably the best of all time Lebron, but none of these guys play on both ends of the ball. Anthony Edwards plays on both ends of the ball. He has that Kobe attitude where he's willing to go out the best player at the games. He is old school, He's definitely I'm definitely buying Matt he is. He's definitely my favorite player in the league right now. Not when these guys leave, but right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely making ways right now. He almost he almost put one down on AD last night. That would have been epic. It's interesting to see. I think that the next face can be a number of fans. I think it could be faces. You know, obviously Jizz must watch. I still don't think we've seen the best of Zion, Jason Tatum. You know, he focks running with the championship this year. He's only twenty six year years old. Devin Booker, you know, he's got a lot of games. So I think the next wave of American talent is strong. I think Edwards is right up there in the mix as far as faces or co faces. But I definitely feel like the NBA is in good hands as we slowly but surely come to the end of you know, a lot of and then you know they probably still got another two, three, possibly four years left, but you know that there's a new wave on the horizon with a lot of young tenna. Like you said, Jack, Anthony Edwards is a lot of people's favorite player now with all those great players in the league. Next up, can Victor winbin Yama win Defensive Player of the Year with the Spurs ranked twenty fourth in defense? And before you answer, his last nine games on the blocks ten blocks, three blocks, five blocks, five blocks, five blocks, four blocks, five blocks, six blocks, seven blocks. This dude is a monster. He's putting up offensive numbers as well. But Jack, can he be a defensive Player of the Year with his team ranked twenty four, you know, the bottom third of the league in defense?
Speaker 1: Well? I think so. Reason why I would say he is defensive player?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you put him on a on a on a better team, you're talking about him being defensive Player of the Year and MVP for the way he's playing.
Speaker 1: Look at his numbers.
Speaker 3: Look at his numbers and in his rookie season, So you put him on the on the on the team with another another guy, two other guys. He's on the best team in the league, averaging the best numbers on both ends of the ball.
Speaker 1: So I definitely have him been the defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 3: He does so much for his team as far as not having another big guy down there, like Cat Williams, like Rudy has Cat. You know, I know Cat hurt right now, but he had Cat. He has He had Cat to have his back a lot of times. He's just a big fell out there. So what he's doing at a young age, he's still a kid. He's doing his first year. If he was on a different team, he'll be m v P and defensive player.
Speaker 1: Yea. In my mind, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if Wenby wants Cat Williams out there for maybe another big.
Speaker 3: I mean whatever, what's what's his name? Karl Anthony Towns? Cat Towns, Yeah, Cat big Cat?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you see uh?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Did you see Cat Willis running forty the other day? That ship was a sub faction like fifty seven years old.
Speaker 1: He was moving. What you think what you think you are on right now?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I don't even know. I probably I wouldn't even know if I could make it forty yards, I might pull both calves, a hamstring or quad. Ain't no telling. He was on that, he was on that super pack and he got him a sub five. It wasn't even mad at that in his fifties. Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, aggressive bro, that's absolutely But I mean I agree. I mean, Weinby is special man, and I think he's living up to to what people thought. Obviously not huge crazy offensive numbers, but great still great offensive numbers. That what he's been able to do on the defensive end, and then land in the situation like san Antonio. I mean, san Antonio's drop now is just to be able to build around him. You know, he's got the infrastructure, he's got the discipline, he's got the skill set, got the game. So it's gonna be interesting to see what san Antonio could put around him the next few years. But yeah, I think it's up in the air Man. He's been playing amazing on the defensive end, so we'll have to see. Could this be the first ever was someone who has a bad defensive team but still has a defensive Player of the Year. Next up, Di'angelo Russell trading block D'Angelo Russell has been something different since January first. He's been averaging twenty two and six, shooting forty five percent from the three, really at times, carrying the Lakers. You know, I get a chance to see him a lot out here. Man, he's been playing really well. He had a quote the other day that said, public amiliation has molded me into the killers. To the killer y'all see today. I've never lacked confidence, I've never feel confrontation. I want all the motherfucking smoke. I want to talk about it. So he's been playing really well, Jack. Can we count on this we haven't necessarily seen it in the playoffs. Can we count on this same person that is doing work now in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: I mean he's doing great right now. I want to see it in the playoffs. I didn't see it. I haven't seen it. I just don't see him being that big of a mark for his team to get over the hump in the playoffs. Like you, as you know, Matt, they take stuff away from you, A lot of stuff you're doing right now.
Speaker 1: They're gonna take all that shit away. And I haven't seen him do it.
Speaker 3: And no big moments and no big games nowhere, So yeah, it look good right now in regular season to win a count, We'll see if he can show up.
Speaker 2: I think that's the biggest key.
Speaker 1: Can he do it?
Speaker 2: Last year in the playoffs he only averaged thirteen points a game on thirty percent shooting from deep. There was times where he didn't even play, you know, because he was a liability on the defensive end too, So I don't know. I think there was a lot of talk about his playing, his consistency leading into the trade deadline, which put him, you know, up for trade consideration, and he woke up. So we'll see if that shit can carry on obviously through the remainder of the season, but like you said, most importantly in the playoffs, because they can. I mean, Jack, they were your dark horse last week, and I've been saying the whole entire year. I feel like this team is built for the playoffs. They just have to get there. They've been playing a lot better basketball, and don't be surprised if the Lakers make a run, but they will need the D'Angel Russell is playing right now because he is definitely an integral part of what they got going on, playing really well when the teams play well over raw to Svincer coming back, I don't know. He might have just took the money and said fuck the world. Yeah, yeah, they talking about ya. He's supposed to come back, so we shall see. We forgot about him. He played really well in Miami for the playoffs, so we'll see any plays d Yeah, see if he comes back. Switching gears right now to the women's game. I saw you post something the other day that you feel like the women's game is is bigger than the men's and on the college front, and I would have to agree with you. Big games this past week in South Carolina versus LSU, there was some smoke Jack. I know you watched the game. What was your uh, what was your evaluation of the overall game and the competitiveness of the game.
Speaker 1: Bro. I woke up. I woke up yesterday. My homeboy called me.
Speaker 3: The first thing he say, Bro, you're watching the games today, And both of them said at the same time, Yeah, Caitlin play uh South Carolina play all girl games. We did mentioned one male game, Bro, And and I love the women's basketball right now. I'm a big fan. I hope I can make some soccer a lot of games. That's list games. But I love it, Matt, because you don't see passion like that man's game, no more like you obviously it was you don't want to see the fighting and stuff like that. But the bumping and the trash talking they was doing. I loved that because these girls are becoming real, more and more confident, and they're becoming better in basketball.
Speaker 1: They're skilled, They're skill. Love is running through the roof right now, so.
Speaker 3: They so now they can talk to talk and walk the walk and you have more than two or three players on the court doing it right, So I'm I'm excited to see the passion. Obviously, you don't want people jumping over the stands and guys, lage, tell your brother to chill out. Okay, you're not jumping over there to hit no girl, bro, chill out. It wasn't a man on the court, bro. And now you're gonna have to watch all the games from from a bar nearby because you never go out in there again.
Speaker 1: Bro forever. Bro. But what was I Bro?
Speaker 3: You're not gonna hear no woman, so stay you see. But anyway, I like the emotions. I hate I hate that that Uh, the South Carolina center gonn missed the first game of the playoffs of a tournament, but they still can win that. But just the passion that the game and the see and to see these two great teams, two great players, go go add it in women's basketball.
Speaker 1: I loved the man, I love I loved it.
Speaker 3: I'm Don Stateley is my favorite player of all time, so I'm a big fan of Don state So what.
Speaker 2: Did you think, speaking of Don Stalely about the two coaches kind of take on it. You know, Don Staley was really kind of apologetic and kind of felt it took away from you know, what those girls were accomplishing on the court. You know, sometimes emotions get ahead of themselves. You know, we get ahead of our emotions, and you know, some shit happens. And then on the flip side, the LSU coach said, you know, it's not a good look. No one wants to be a part of that. But she wishes that how do you say the girls last name Cardoza, that Cardoza would have pushed Andel Reese instead of flaw So two different takes. I felt like if Don Staley would have said that, they would have been on her ass. But Don Staley took the high road and said, you know, she wants it to be about the game and not necessarily what happened, you know, in that one little ugly moment. But then the LSU coach Kim went on and talking about pushing someone your own side, So thoughts on kind of the players, excuse me of the coaches.
Speaker 3: You know, don don don't even allow her allow her players to throw up peace signs in their pitchers, right showing them no hand justice, Like we're gonna be professionally, were doing this the right way because if she taught that, that's what they expected. They're expecting. Don to have these girls out there on some ghetto shit, you know what I'm saying. And and and I love the fact that she has a team full of black women that she teaching to do it the right way.
Speaker 1: Is about the game.
Speaker 3: She lead them the right way to the best basketball team or the way that went eight out of ten SEC championships in the last ten years. So, bro, she doing it the right way. They can't wait, like Jilanna say, they got their foot out, They got their little foot out there. The clip dawn up too. So she doing it the right way. She's staying on game and she watching everything, she handling.
Speaker 1: It the right way. Salute the darn stateent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely wanted to salute because you know, we we we've been in some shit and and the fact that you know, she's a former player, has been to the top of mountain. Like you said, she wants to set a president with these women and let them know the right and wrong way to move. And you saw immediate laughter the game. The cardoz Are issued an apology and and on their behalf. So I really like the way, uh, you know, don is even yeah running her ship out and they spoke as well. But at the end, I'm not mad at a little aggressiveness, like you said, the ship talking, the level of competitiveness that sometimes that spills over in the game. I'm glad that no one was hurt.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, unfortunately a couple of people are going to be suspended for the first round, but those are both two good teams, so they're not you know, they'll be able to move on. But I just love again the energy around the women's game right now. I saw KG and Paul talking about it on their show. Can you name the top five college men's player right now and we can't, but we can.
Speaker 1: Name you know, I can name three, and because I coached them all and I.
Speaker 2: Was a game, you're one of the very cute. I mean, I think that says a lot.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: You know, we can laugh about it now, but it's always been the men's game and then the women's game. It's particularly in college, you know, but I would definitely have to say that, you know, the women's game is in a really good place right now, and I'm happy for them and definitely looking forward to the men's tournament too. I mean, the tournament time and to me is the best time for basketball during the year. So I'm definitely looking forward to being able to watch both men and women's n C double as. But Jack, who is your pick? Let's go on the women's side. Who's who? Who's your Who's your pick to win it all?
Speaker 1: Man, I'm going to South Carolina. Uh. They stay to the course, they continue to do what they're doing.
Speaker 3: They got some young players, Matt, they got the freshman of the year in SEC, and they got a slew of young guards. Even even the senior I can't think of her name right now. It starts with the peep. But she's coming back next year. So I got the winning and Matt, I think they got a great.
Speaker 1: Group of guys. They lost five starters.
Speaker 2: To the to the lot of great great group of women, not a great group of guys, get yourself.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, great group of women. They lost.
Speaker 3: They lost five starters to the W team last year in the lottery, damn.
Speaker 1: And they back undefeated. So that says a lot about this tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. I mean, obviously, you know we've talked about Donna when she's done with his program. I just want to see good I mean, I want to see Kaylyn Clark go out with a bang. I'm a big fan of you know, I love what Juju is doing out here at USC. I don't know if they're gonna have enough to really be able to compete, but I think they're going They're gonna mess around and get a one seed. So we'll have to see how SC does. And then you know, South Carolina's chasing that undefeated championship man, so it's definitely gonna be exciting. That transitioning into boxing something we both want to do a little bit in our day. Anthony Josh Brugal knockout of Franciscan Ghanu to forgive the pronunciation in the second round. Francis has made thirty million in his last two fights compared to his last image, I really made six hundred K. So you have thought on him kind of jumping in the deep water off the rip. I kind of respect it. Some people don't like it, and you obviously you have to respect the craft and the level. But it takes a lot of heart, man to get in there with these dudes that are been training their whole life do this. But where was your thought? Uh? I mean, I mean in Joshua.
Speaker 3: I respect uh in Ghana. You know, he's a fighter, point blank. He feels he you know, he had a successful bout against Tyson Fury and he wanted to really test himself against a guy like Anthony Joshua. And as you know, you know, UFC and boxing is two different thing. So somebody's been training in boxing their whole life, Olympian gold medals and stuff like that, they gonna knock out any UFC fighter that come in there. And UFC has the advantage and the and the and the anday on the flip side. So but uh, I'm a fan of the Ghana I'm a fan of Joshua. I kind of felt like I knew how that was gonna go because Joshua is such a period box he's been doing it for so long. But but but Gana is is somebody that can shake up the boxing world, as you've seen him knock down Tyson Furry. So I'm a boxing fan, so it was good to see. But I just I just don't see nobody coming from the USC and making a big name in boxing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's a big jump. It's a big jump. Like you said, I mean, that's training your whole life to do something and then switching it up at this point. You know, you got to have a lot of respect to get in that ring. But also he's not I mean in two fights, he's made more thirty million than he's made ever made, you know what I mean. And he's been to the top of the mountain in the UFC. So I'm not mad at the crossover. I like to see people taking those chances. Like you said, I mean, it's it's it's it's a twenty four hour, three sixty seven or three sixty five job that you know, these guys got to realize they're going into and like you said, on the flip side, in the cage. Obviously, I wouldn't see a boxer doing anything in the cage either, because it's just so much different. So respect to those guys. Congratulations to Joshua the risk one fight that you did. She I didn't even see that even card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, she won. She in the PFL, Oh did she? Yeah? She won a last fight up.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Like basketball players can play any sport, everybody else came.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously you've seen you know, Dion and Bow crossover and play baseball. I think you know, you've seen a lot of college basketball players who didn't make college basketball jump to the NFL and play tight end. I think there are some crossovers. I think the NBA would be really hard. I mean you've seen people who thought they could do it. You know, you've seen Roy Jones take his hand in. Then you see t O take his hand in it Master p had you know, had to run. You can't be mad at but it's it's tough. I mean, the NBA is a tough crossover. It's a very tough crossover. So you've seen it done in other professional rankings. But I don't really know. I don't want to sound like the NBA is you know, end all be all, But I really haven't seen no one jump from something else into the NBA. A fight that you're not happy with. Jack, You've been letting know your displeasure about this Jake Paul and Mike Tyson fight LO twenty that you will not be watching. That I'll definitely be tuned into. But Jack, tell me why you're not fucking with this fight. I think it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm a big Mike Tyson fan, somebody who I really ad my man, just the ups and downs with his life and how he you know, made love to the bad times and still here doing big things. I just don't want him to go out there and and and risk his legacy dealing with a guy like Jake Paul, Because if Jake Paul hit him and knock him out, I'm somebody gonna somebody's gonna hurt Ja Paul.
Speaker 1: For real if he knocked my Tyson out. And I'm I'm just.
Speaker 3: Telling, but somebody's gonna wait outside and hurt him for real. Because now now you're making a mockery. You're making a mockery our legends dog. You're trying to make a mockery out our legends, dog, So I ain't. I ain't with that. I ain't with that, and then this is the thing with me, Matt. Salute to Jake Paul for everything he doing. But it's been five to ten professional boxes your age that's been calling you out. So at this point, if you want to be create a circus, then let us know so we can stop watching. But if you still if you're trying to be a boxer boxer, which I don't think you will.
Speaker 1: I think you just it being entertainer making money.
Speaker 3: I can't hate him for that, but as a boxing fan, I don't want to watch that shit and not damn so don't want to see him possible embarrassed Mike Tyson because I ain't saying he will.
Speaker 1: But this is boxing. Anything can happen, and Mike, Mike is up in age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike is pushing sixty if I'm not mistaken, But I still seen Mike move and Mike is still moving fast and punching hard. Boy. I mean, I would still be scared if I was Jake Paul getting in that motherfucking ring. I'm not mad at Jake's hustle either. I mean, he's made a ship ton of money doing this risk and yeah, and if he has a plan, I'm not mad. I mean, you got think what if he had eight fights? Nine fights? So, I mean, you know, he's obviously still trying to climb up that ladder. But I would like to one day, like you said, Jack, crossover and see if you're really really for it. You know, he lost a fury, but if he's really ready to make that jump. But in the meantime, he's getting a whole lot of money to do what he's doing. Man, So I ain't even matter. And I'll definitely be tuned.
Speaker 3: In mooshin casing it's ten and oh he and he not too far out your weight. He calls you out a couple of times. You know a lot of people in your camp, So give Moush to try. You're a real boxer. That's how I seen rockmand little brother, not the one, not the other one, the real the one that's a real professional box Come see him.
Speaker 2: We shall see. Yeah, but I'll be tuned. In July twentieth, NBA projects a European Middle Eastern basketball ecosystem that they're going to start building Jack. I mean, I just think this is a sign of the global games. You know, they got the NBA Africa project that we possibly could be going out messing with and in a couple of months the game is growing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: They want to get the game physically played on other continents, So the NBA is starting to put some bread out there to make that happen. What do you think the overall plan with these small steps are for the NBA.
Speaker 3: Not just to just say it's a global game, to actually let it be a physically global game where you can see NBA in four different countries and and and finding at the end of each season, whoever wins in those countries, you're gonna end up seeing planning have a real world championship because the NBA gonna be in so many different places. So I think that's the aim they started. Like you said, they started Africa, they're doing all these other places. And I think they they're trying to get a hold of the talent because it's so much talent everywhere. And uh, I think it's just trying to get keep tabs on all this stuff.
Speaker 1: In different places.
Speaker 3: And I have these kids travel so far to be seen they'll be able to see in their own environment.
Speaker 1: So I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll be interesting. I mean, I think this is some ways down the road, you know, obviously with you know, with with your vision, obviously their vision too. You know, eventually of a world dominance. There is a ton of talent now. I mean you look at our game, you look at the NBA alone, it's it's head up by a lot of you know, overseas players, you know, people from across the water. So definitely interesting to see how that plays out. The NCAA is coming to so the Men's College Basketball Nil Tournament is offering winners up to two million dollars of NIL money, slated for the upcoming twenty twenty five season. Obviously, this is taking in the footsteps of the Ncason Tournament with the NBA, but they got some big name schools. Duke, Kansas, Alabama, Florida, Atlantic, Houston, Oregon, San Diego State, Virginia and Houston have all been in discussions to be a part of that tournament. Jack, is this a real We talked about this not too long ago, and part of the reason why the women's game has grown so much is because these young kids don't have to go to college no more. They can go several different routes to you know, get to their dream get to their dream destination, which is the league. Is this a kind of a ploy to hopefully lure some more talented kids that normally would go to college back to going to college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I think.
Speaker 3: You know, now, now you've finally giving these kids a chance to take care of themselves and take care of their family whiley in college, while they can go get a degree in place swarts in these colleges. So I think it's a great thing. You know what I'm saying. That gives them an extra incentive to want to go. Now you can make the money, you don't have to have a crazy job. You still can get your education, and you can know you can still be a kid, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You don't have to jump straight from school.
Speaker 3: And be a be an adult like we had to do, start paying bills and take care of your whole family at a young age. You still could be a kid and grow in college and make money at the same time.
Speaker 1: So I love it.
Speaker 2: Mat Yeah, I'm not mad at this. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it because I still felt like, you know, on top of my long NBA career, I loved college. I had a great time in college. So anything to do to get these kids back going to college, I'm for Jack. Next week, we've coming off two big hitters. We have McAfee moved the needle. We have Mike Epps moved the needle. Shout out to both of them. We drop our brother Bassie Sebastian Tailfair drops this Thursday.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling about that, sir?
Speaker 1: It's a must see, y'all.
Speaker 3: No basket on talking shit, y'all, no basket gonna talk to shit. But no, it's it's a good episode. That's that's a little bro. You got a lot of stuff to say. He has an interesting life, an interesting story. Check the episode out. It's dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing journey. Good dude. Uh you know looking for what that next act is. So really excited for him to kind of get his face back out there and his name back out there and hopefully do his thing. But you can catch that episode on all the Smoke Productions YouTube and the Draft Kings Network. Well, Jack, we're coming to the end. I'll see you tomorrow. I think or Wednesday. So safe travels. My boy be gonna be in La, you know, with some with some sun and some tree, enjoying ourselves, continuing to grow the business. You guys don't where to find this Anili'll shoot yep. All right, we got some good We got some good things happening, man, company's growing by day. Got some cool announcements coming up, some people, some some some situations coming under the neath the umbrella.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So so life is good, man. So you can catch this unplugged on all the Smoke Productions YouTube and the Draft Kings Network. We'll see y'all next week.
Speaker 1: Fo