Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey May drops on today's episode of Reality with the King. She's back. She's my friend, she's my love. I adore her. She is also the host of an amazing podcast that I love listening to weekly called Citizen McCain Give it up on My beautiful friend Inside and Out.
Speaker 2: Meghan McCain.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, Carlos, I love you so much. Thank you for having me and I always love coming on your show. And second of all, I just partner with a company called two Way, so on Mondays and Wednesdays at five o'clock live on YouTube or the two Way app if you want to talk about politics, That's what I'm doing every night for an hour until tonight do when we're recording, so if people want to join that too, it's just on YouTube. It's easy to find.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, A congratulations for you.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 2: Listen, I love your podcast.
Speaker 1: I listen to me and Megan text all the time, and I love how it's like the intersection between my politics and pop culture in.
Speaker 2: Most episodes, and you have great guests on.
Speaker 1: And the beautiful thing about your podcast is there's so many people in the political landscape who respect you and your voice hate me.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Girl, it's live. People hate me. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: We hate you. You're like the kindest, smartest who would hate you.
Speaker 1: God, thank you so much, Thank you so much, Thank you so much. I appreciate that. But the thing is, honey, it's just listen. That's why always tell people, because they're like, how is Megan. I'm like, Megan is a cool ass chick. And what's been so funny is every time you come on the podcast, I have so many people text me like.
Speaker 2: I love Megan. I thought it.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I try to tell Megan all the time that people like you.
Speaker 2: Mag it like, don't believe social media.
Speaker 3: I feel like your podcast gives me like some credibility though in the pop culture space. Because a lot of people that I like, love and respect, like my friend Anthony shout out to Anthony, listen to your podcast, and you know, it's a big it's a big, enormous pop culture podcast. So being invited on is obviously such a privilege. And it's always nice to go into spaces where people are not listening to like you know whatever, watching c Span all day and that's very popular. Us is your work, so it's like so fun for me and not be able to actually talk about like you know, the Housewives and stuff like that is really, you know, so fun.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, no, and listen, you our reality gourer as well, because you watch all the shows. So let's get right into it because we get to take our text messages now to the podcast audio space. And I'm super thrilled to recap the latest episode of the Real Housewives of belly Hills with you and.
Speaker 2: You watched it right of course.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, this hasn't been the easiest season for me to watch.
Speaker 2: Talk about it, Megan, talk about it well, like I.
Speaker 3: Always say to you and I when we you know, text offline, like for me, it's like am I doing appointment viewing? Like making sure Ben has my kids, and I this is my time and I want to watch in Salt Lake City. This season was really that for me, Like I really couldn't look away like amazing I would Southern Term is an exactly appointment viewing, but I don't want to wait like more than a day before watching it. Like there's a lot of Housewives franchises that I really like and look New York and Beverly Hills, New York was a whole different level of disappointment for me. But Beverly Hills has been a little boring. There's some plot lines that I like, am just not gravitating towards. And I saw you speaking with our friend Zach Peter, who was also just like the loveliest, kindest, most intelligent. I really adore both of you, but he I saw you saying you're a Slaton and I was like, poor loves and I may disagree, they disagree. I think it's a little boring this season. I don't know, but bos she is just I mean killing it. Everything about her she's doing right. I think that I like looking at her. I think she's beautiful. I like the way she dresses, I like the way she talks. I like that she's a straight shooter taking some unconventional approaches and some controversial takes. I wait, I really want to talk about this with you. There's rumors that she and Garcel got into it in the reunion because Garcel put Instagram post up that people are reading maybe like a shot at Bow's. So I was like, oh my gosh, has there been because they're clearly not connecting the way she's connecting with Dreid. But she's my favorite this season, like I just and I rarely like a first season housewife like this much. And if they get rid of her next season, I really like may Boycott on the street, Like I just like her, I don't know, And I think she'd be so fun to hang out with, Like I think he's just cool and smart and really direct, and I think she's mixing it up and calling bullshit out that has really been needed to be called out.
Speaker 1: Megan McCain, listen, we will we will agree. I'm sorry, we will agree on I feel like I was get them wrong. And again, I love Bo's and I love her so much.
Speaker 3: I think she's st John about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, the beautiful Saint John Darling. I love her so much. She is she is is killing it because she is so genuine and real and I don't think she's picking sigh at all. I think she looks at every situation and calls things as they see it, and that's what makes her such a great addition. I agree with you like she is by far my favorite new housewife of the year. I think kudos to the casting director who cast her. She's so fantastic. This season of Bisley Hills isn't the greatest. I definitely think a shakeup needs to happen. This episode, I'm going to be very honest, was boring. It wasn't great. Last week's episode was fine. This one was awesome.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was born because Bo's was not in it as much, Like she really wasn't in it until like kind of the fashion show with then, so I don't know that was part of it. And I Erica Jane, I just think is like again, I never want her to go anywhere. I think she's wonderful. I think she's whatever. But like, I'm not an interior design person in general, like I tend to like, like you know, I just am not interested in interior design and I don't care about interior design and all this like emphasis on interior design. I just would have loved to see more about where she's at in her life, dating, work, preparing for her Broadway show. You know whatever, I just don't care. And it sounds rude, but I don't mean it that way.
Speaker 1: No, You're being real. The thing is this, I want to see Erica Jane date on the show too. I want to see Erica and Dereit have like post divorce fun single women and bedly Hill's dating some of these like hot wealthy men or these hot young like actors or models, and like.
Speaker 2: Just be like super duper fun.
Speaker 1: Because what the other Housewives shows do so well is they follow the reality of where these women are in their lives. I got a chance to meet Erica Jane for the first time in December. She and I had a love fest about you. By the way, Megan, She's the.
Speaker 3: Nicest, you know. I was not able to go see her on Broadway this time because it was like smack dab inauguration. I had a friend who being confirmed into the new administration, and then I was doing I was relaunching this new show, and I just could not make it to New York and I feel fucking horrible about it, Like I feel I mean, she's been very gracious since I has her lovely coworker Layah, who I think, you know, because on the show sometimes and they're lovely. But I feel terrible about it. I saw Zach go and I was like, oh my God, like my even my husband was like, I can't believe it. I was like, I just have been so busy. It's been so hard. So but I heard she was incredible and I love her. She's a really really genuinely wonderful person and uh a dear friend. And I just think she's so cool too, like just so everything about her is cool, you know, And I'm not cool, so having like cool friends like that mean, come on, she's like, you know, pretty cool. Her song was in Anora, then a Cademy Award winning Best Picture. For people who don't know Erica's song Drip, which is like a great, pretty, filthy song. I don't know that, yep, the it's the Mikey Madison the act dances to it in one of the scenes, and so I'm just like thrilled for her for that, Like what a pop culture like cool thing to have your song an Academy Award winning movie.
Speaker 2: No, She's dope, She's still She's dope.
Speaker 1: So let's get right into this recent episode because you and I have texts about this and I want to get your thoughts. So obviously we know that Kyle and Mauricio are separated, and in this episode they spoke about a Papa Razzo capturing Mauricio midkiss to.
Speaker 2: A young lady.
Speaker 1: And then moments later, Kyle is at Morgan Wade's concert and Guarcella Sutton believe that they're both trying to like outdate each other in the sense of like listen. Points were made Megan, and I know you have strong feelings about this. Points were made in the sense of all last season we saw Kyle and Morgan get tattoos. How did you guys meet was she was like stalking me and then a blush happened as Kyle was blushing. It was in our face, And up until then we did not see Mauricia with anybody. Mauricio kissing another woman at an airport. I don't think it's the worst thing because the woman was not on Bibley Hill's Housewives like Morgan was, and also she wasn't on buying Beverly Hills, his two season show on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Do you think two seasons? That show was horrible? And I'll watch anything like I watched them. It's the third season of Natalia Grace documentary. I will watch anything, and that show was trash. Sorry, it was terrible. I wasted my time trying to watch on show. Not true, lasted two seasons.
Speaker 1: Okay, ladies jumping big days and days. I can see my friends. What are your thoughts? What are your thoughts on this? Because you have a strong opinions about this mortget Kyle Mauricio trifecta, and I want my audience to know, like, what do you think about what was displaying this episode?
Speaker 3: So I want to say that I respect and understand that you are a Kyle fan and a Kyle I don't want to get you in trouble because I know I think she's she's your friends right or friendly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we follow she follows me on Instagram. She's my favorite housewife. But but the thing that Kyle loves about me, I'm honest and I'm not like dissing her as a person. I'm honest about what I'm seeing on the show. So phil freestis struck.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know her and I've never met her, and I have no interactions with Kyle other than what I'm seeing on my TV. And this is what I like, just in general transparency in life. But I really like it with my reality TV stars. And she's been on that show. It's thirteen or fourteen years. I can't remember how many sy Yeah, I mean, that's insane. It's great. But watching her for like a really long, like my entire adult life, and she is really losing me because a I don't pretend to understand how difficult it is to reconcile with your sexuality, especially publicly. The only thing I can relate it to is my dear friend Klay Aiken was sort of outed by people before he came out of the closet. I've been with him on that journey for a very long time. We were very old friends. I don't downplay how difficult that journey is, and I don't understand it because I'm heterosexual. But she, as you said, last season, it looked to me like she was flirting with a woman, not hanging out with her best friend. When she was with Morgan and there are all these, you know, the music videos she did where it's very sexual and they're like, you know, almost kissing and feeding each other like fruit, and you know, it's just very very sexual music video and it's about love. So I had just assumed that they were together because you know, X plus Y equal Z. And then this season the erasure of Morgan, which I think arcel I saw in the preview coming up, calls out that we're allowed to talk about Mariicio, but we're not allowed to talk about Morgan. I agree with it. I just don't understand what's going on or what she's hiding or what she's scared of. Also, this is just me because I'm like a pretty intense person. If my husband is making out with some lady in Greece or where the hell they were, I mean I would be like, Carlos, I'm coming on your show and we're talking about my divorce and where I'm going next. I would just like light him on fire and I would end it because I don't want to be humiliated publicly, and I don't really understand what she's doing. I don't understand. Do you really think you guys are going to get back together? Because it doesn't seem like you guys are getting back together, and she's just there's so much she's holding back, clearly from sharing with the audience. And I think in a normal situation that'll be find But the problem is you're on one of the most popular reality television shows on the planet and I feel like I'm wasting my time with Kyle. I'm really and I love both calling her out on it, like I've really enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: As a Kyle Richard stand and fan. I agree with everything you're saying. I love her, and my issue is this, when you are the face force multiplier queen Bee of the show, with that position comes great power and responsibility and effort. And because Kyle has shown how she let's let's have a real conversation. When Denise Richards allegedly made up of Brandy Glamville and they allegedly had something going on, Kyle Richards and the rest of the girls did not let up, on on on investigating.
Speaker 3: I thought it was cruel. Then Crozworth thought that was way too much. I felt like, you know again, I felt like, if Denise had this relationship where sexual encounter, she can be open about it. If she wants wants, but I felt like they just bullied her about it, and I thought that was unkind And no one's bullying Kyle in this situation. And I think that was like she was repeating rumors. Is that right? And it wasn't you know, this is like she's bringing this woman around all of us and taking pictures publicly and making music videos and go into her concerts and like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no, Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think to your point though, if Brandy and Denise Richards had sex, Brandy, a non housewife right at the time, revealed that and sort of exposed their relationship on camera, and Denise Richards denied it and the girls kept pushing her to be honest about it.
Speaker 2: The difference between that is Denise Richards.
Speaker 1: Did not bring Brandy around the girls and flirted with her, made, you know what I mean, like or assimilated a sort of like sexual relationship in the music video. I think what Kyle did this is my opinion. The mistake Kyle made Number one was introducing Morgan Waye to us last year. The flirty conversations during the tattoo moment the fucking music video was a lot to handle you can't give me. It's like having children, and Megan, you have two beautiful kids. You can't give your child all of these toys totally and then take it away from them for a year without without an explanation. And the only explanation we had was, well, Morgan doesn't want to be mentioned.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but at least say listen.
Speaker 1: I can't break her name up. But what I can say is I am experiencing something I never thought before, and I really like this woman deeper than just a friend like Teddy Mellacamp. And let's see where things go, because I owe that to the audience due to the sheer fact that I brought this woman on the show. And that's where Kyle is losing a lot of people. And as much as I try to find ways to be like, okay, let me see her point of view, I'm just being very honest here. It's very hard for me to defend her and the worth of Kyle Richards to her sister Kim in Amsterdam, when when Kim brought up the husband's Lisa Rena, Kyle said to Kim, you want me to defend you, but this is indefensible. That's how I felt about my girl Kyle's indefensible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I also think that, you know, because the Morgan Wade of it all. I am a huge country music fan. I'm from Arizona. Shooter Jettings played at my wedding Grammy Award winning that's like hungable brag, but like he has a lot of free cred in the country world. I love country music. I'd never heard of Morgan Wade before the show. I still have not heard of her music in any of the stations. And she is not a country star. I'm just saying it. And she's certainly not an alternative country star. And so my take is like on Morgan Wade's part, and I don't know her, just my opinion, you guys, But like she was clearly using Kyle for cloud and then like went in and was like, oh, I actually like the heats too much. I don't want to be a now And I'm like, you're why do you not want to be associated with the housewives anymore? It's a privilege to be a part of like this incredible, iconic show. So like, I think both of them are confused and mixed up on how they do or do not want to utilize this enormous platform. But you know, she's not whatever, like you know, Morgan Wallen, Like she's not like some giant star filling up arenas. And I just don't understand, Like to me, there's some craven aspects of her role in this too. Chow.
Speaker 1: We are just getting started. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. I think last year, slash last season, Morgan wanted the limelight right Well, you and I both know, Megan, the moment you step on Housewives is a different thing that you experienced and could it have been a lot, sure, But I definitely think Kyle dangled the carrot didn't realize how big of a deal was going to be. I think, and Megan, you and I have spoken about this Handley. Fame is very difficult for a lot of people because you kind of want to do your thing and then you don't realize the multitude of like what consert being famous. I don't think Morgan mentally was able to handle the Tsunamia thing she was experiencing. And then and like you said, no shade to Morgan, no one knew about her so to come from anonymity to being infamous within twenty four hours will take a toning of mental health. And I understand that. The problem, though, is Kyle is the face of this show. So if Morgan doesn't want to tell us that, fine, but Kyle, you you have you have a duty to let us know something. And not only aren't you letting us know that about Morgan, we still don't fucking know what happened between you and Mauricio.
Speaker 2: And I think, like, you guys were together for twenty years. We saw you do.
Speaker 1: Splits around him, y'all make out, He grabs your body parts underneath the table, and these are things we saw him on the show. You guys had a sexual, like sexy marriage. You guys look great together, and then within a season you guys are separated. There were rumors that he was cheating for years. She always denied it, but now it's sort of like, well, could that be the reason. And I think Mauricio, in my opinion, I think Mauricio saw the Morgan Way scandal and was like, why the fuck am I'm not out here living my best life. I don't think Mauricio wants Kyle anymore. I think I'm gonna say this, mom Meg, We'll love me.
Speaker 2: Get your thoughts.
Speaker 1: When a man reaches his peak, when he's older, gets more successful, makes a shitload of money, he wants other things sometimes not ah Man some and I think Mauricio is in his bad bitch era and he wants the young hot girl, especially not that his daughters are pretty much out of the house. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I also, to quote another housewife, Bethany Frankel, you can't play smart and stupid at the same time. They're trying to do both. I think they're both trying to be like, you know, I want to have fame, I want to be on this show, I want whatever. But I'll like our relationships so confusing, and i can't figure like it's not confusing. You guys cheated on each other and you're separated, and you should get divorced for both of your just like you know, like just your self worth. I would just never let a man treat me this way. And I would also just because I respect my husband, I would never treat them that way. Like if I was like out making music videos with women and having you know, decided that I had more been in a relationship with a woman, and I wanted to be, I would not do I would not treat him that way. We would deal with it privately, and then if I were in a reality show, I would talk about it after. And so I think the way they're all handling it is despicable. But you're saying that, you know, he has so much money, He's made so much money. I mean, Kathy last night was saying that he doesn't have money. What I didn't understand, Like, I'm like, is the agency not as successful as I thought? Like that was the shade that really caught me off guard. I was like, does Mauricio not have money? Are they pretending to have money?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't understand, I think, I think, I think.
Speaker 1: What I think what Kathy was intimating was Mauricia does not have Rick Hilt him money?
Speaker 3: Who does? I mean?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, right, that's that's the gay I think more. Listen, the agency is very successful? Is it Rick Hilton sccessful? No, but it's successful.
Speaker 3: But but okay, here's something I heard though, is that the agencies a franchise. Because I was under the impression that he owned all of it, but apparently he does not. He just owns like some of the and again it's just something I read online, but like, and I know they're absurdly wealthy by anybody's standard, you know, any regular American standard. But I don't know. Just I have questions now since Kathy said that, I don't know. I just have questions. I always have questions about people who display their wealth like that, you know, because you know, I know really really rich people, and they're quiet and demure, very mindful, very demure. They're not going around showing it off. You know, they're not in their cyber trucks. They're like quiet about it, at least the ones.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's like a DC thing. I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's what we call old money, Meggan.
Speaker 1: You know people with old money, honey, who are like very quiet about it.
Speaker 2: Bots and bots.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like that, honey, because you know, you look at someone like Nicky Hilton's husband, James Rothschild.
Speaker 2: You don't see James Rothschaw even a cyber truck and.
Speaker 3: Flying totally totally.
Speaker 1: But no, So, Megan, let's talk about the Kathy shade. So you may know this, but I'll remind you remember Mauricio used to work for the Hilton Brand.
Speaker 3: Yes, they had like a breakup, right, Yes.
Speaker 2: A bad one, a very bad one.
Speaker 3: Because I'm like clients, right, is that right? Like?
Speaker 2: So allegedly.
Speaker 1: When Maurice, Okay, Mauricio and Kyle when they were young parents, they both got their real estate license at around the same time, right, so they studied for it obviously, which listen, one thing I love about you, Megan, You're like, I'm a NEPO baby and I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: I still work right like on your shit. Right.
Speaker 1: So obviously Rick hill Ten is married to Kyle's sister, Kathy. So my brother in law owns this agency. Me and my husband got a real estate license, what's next? So he he.
Speaker 3: Worked for dynamic. By the way, it would be like, yes, it's an interesting dynamic. It'd be like if one of someone I was related to married someone who decided to get into political commentary, Like that's an interesting dynamic for their family. I'm just saying, like it's you know, I'm just saying I can see what Kathy and Rick maybe had issues with it. I don't love it. Sorry, I think about that. This thing is kind of weird, Like to choose the industry that your in law is an icon and comes from an iconic family from sorry you look so.
Speaker 1: Shocked, Well you know that's my my friends because you listen, because you're not. Come from two different worlds, and the beauty of our friendship is the fact that we're both like magmatist, like, what do you think about this? I'm like, girl that that she said. Okay, I thought that too. By the way, I like assume so I'm dagging because I'm like, I never thought of it that way. It's one thing if my sister met a real estate agent exactly, but they both got their license doing their marriage, while my sister's husband owns the fucking Hilton courtesy of like family generational wealth and handoff so.
Speaker 3: Famous hotel chain on the planet, I mean beyond.
Speaker 2: So there you have it. So then Megan.
Speaker 1: Rick decided to start his own agency while he was working at the Hilton, and this is alleged, alleged. Allegedly, Rick Hilton said obviously you can go, but don't take this particular person, and allegedly Marizio took that person and that's how this whole beef started and they didn't speak for years.
Speaker 3: What I also think is interesting is that Paris Fulton has attacked Mauricio publicly, and I just again, I'm really not trying to throw things around, but this is like important in the context of this. So, of all things, my mother is friends with Paris Hilton because they've worked on a bunch of sex trafficking bills together, checked their receipts. Paris Hilton and my mom call each other on Instagram and sometimes she comments on my mom's Instagram, which never doesn't entertain me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sadey mckainn you legend exactly.
Speaker 3: She has the nicest things to say about Paris Hilton. Classy, smart, kind, respectful, everyone gets selfie with everybody. Paris Hilton also came to DC like a few month ago, a few months ago to also talk about this bill. Because she was sexually abused when she was at a boarding school. Everyone I know interact with her, I mean, could not say the nicest things. I don't know these people, but I think the Hilmes are pretty classy. So for Paris to come out and say things about Mauricio, I can only imagine they were pushed pretty far. That's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: Well, now it was bad.
Speaker 1: It was bad, and the fact that she publicly did this on social media in defense of her father because of what I just said. The the allegations that I made about what happened between Rick and Mauricio is all alleged, but Mauricio said those things on his Netflix show, and that's when that's when Paris felt the need to defend her father. And obviously we all can understand defending her family member. So the shade that Kathy threw to Mauricio at the end of the day, she probably doesn't feel the need to defend her brother in law who made this sort of decision. And she also just shaded the fact that like move on, and and and she and she started to do you cash this? She started to talk about the cheating, and Kyle stopped her.
Speaker 3: Okay, why won't they move on? What are they what are they both still gaining by this? Is it just like the cat and mouse intrigue of it, which I think everyone's collectively sick of. But I just I don't understand. I don't understand when either of them want to get divorced. Is a money thing?
Speaker 2: I think some money thing. I think this.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if this was ever public, so I don't know rain drops, tell me if it was. I don't know if there's a pre nup sign because when they got married, they were both not wealthy. Right, there's a lot of money at stake in this, in this divorce, and I think when it comes to and I would love to get your thoughts on this, Megan, you obviously know.
Speaker 2: A lot of wealthy people owed money. I know some. I don't know a lot, but okay, well no more.
Speaker 5: Than me, all right, So that's a lot to well question for you when it comes to the image that you have to portray to the world.
Speaker 1: Is this normal and high society that we have to protect the image of the family, and let's go about this divorce quietly.
Speaker 3: That's definitely a thing. I actually know a couple that thought they're like separate. They're separated, but they're not officially like they don't think they file paperwork, but they're like old. They're like, I mean, I think he's in the seventies and sixties, like they're like, it's sort of like a understood And the only reason why I even found out was because he had a girlfriend or like a woman that he was bringing around that was not his wife. And I was like, uh, does someone want to tell me what's happening here? So, like, I don't know. I think if you're in a reality TV show and you're only you know, I think they're both What are they like sixty? Like they're they're not that old? Like how old are they? Don't know how old they are?
Speaker 2: Like old Kyle?
Speaker 3: How old are they?
Speaker 2: They're not their sixties, Meggied?
Speaker 3: How old are they? Late fifties? I'm not. I literally thought she was like sixty. Sorry, how old is she?
Speaker 2: Oh, Kyle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold on, I'm looking this up.
Speaker 2: Look me.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm sorry. I wasn't that far off. So sorry, I got more off. I don't mean that at large, Like if I'm fifty six, I'm not. You're not seventy, you're not, Like, but I don't know they have kids, they have whatever, KYLERI just gonna unt my I asked down, trying and burn my house down after this conversation.
Speaker 2: Anything wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't like her this season on the show.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I just don't. And I'm not obsessed with Sutton even though you are.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about Sun.
Speaker 3: Okay, I tell me why you like her? Still?
Speaker 2: Okay? No, no, no, So I'm gonna be so the thing that you know about me, You and.
Speaker 1: I see things and we're like, oh, they're playing up for the camera.
Speaker 2: They're being fake. This isn't real on bored right.
Speaker 1: Last week's episode, when she pretty much told to read my wile is bigger, I have just.
Speaker 3: Disgusting to subd Sorry. I really hated so, I really, really, really really had our strong reaction to that, because a the idea that someone's self worth is based off how much money they have is just bullshit. Some of the grossest people I know are some Diesel money people are people I've met, and some of the most incredible people I know. You know, Like, so you're saying, like every teacher who makes you know whatever, teachers are paid almost nothing, you know whatever, fifty grand a year, forty grand year, sixty grand year, whatever. Teachers you know, they don't make anything. They should be paid so much more. You're saying they don't have worth. I just thought it was just repulsive thing to say, And I didn't understand where she's like, my wallet's bigger, my wallet's bigger. It's like, you know, you're not Jeff Bezos Number one and number two is this is how you value your friends. I wondered how Garcel felt about that, because she's a self made woman. She didn't get her money from her husband I'm aware of. I mean, she seems to work very hard on the show, producing movies and acting and doing all these things. And I just felt like, if you're Garceler, you like, oh do you judge me? Because I don't have you know, whatever, Jeff Bezos money. I just really, I really really really thought it was disgusting, and it's why I don't like Sudden. I just think it's just trashy and mean. Sorry I know.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, let's have real conversation. So first of all, this is my favorite episode so far. Okay, anyway, I love it because I love it when because you and I are just like, we're really honest and we don't say shit for like, oh let me just sound good for them. No, we say the real ship, which is why you're not both like Zach Peters and a bunch of other friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we say how we feel.
Speaker 3: So look all this straight shooters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the McDonald we love, like we love straight Shooters. This is what I'll say. I have called out Ston ever since she got on the show in terms of I want to see the real soon and I always felt that sutt and play to the audience. I was the first one to mention I don't believe in the gar Cel and Son friendship. I think it's a friendship of convenience, because I said two years ago, I just don't believe in my heart that if Garseell was not on the show, that's a Sudden Strap would be friends with her.
Speaker 2: I I never believed it, and unfortunately I.
Speaker 3: Only wants to be friends with like pajillionaires.
Speaker 2: Is that yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I think this and I'm connected to what she said in last week's episode. I Sutten gives me a social climber and that's nothing negative, like it is what it is. Sudden gives me old school Southern woman who who comes from money and there's a certain circle of people she wants to be around, which is why she got into it. Willis sa Rena about the Elton John tickets the foundation, like I bought the table, you need to pay me back, like she which is fine, Which is fine. Something then became like to me safe for Twitter, and when I made that comment about the alliance of her and guard Sells friendship. Oh Megan, you thought I said something negative about their character, And then both Sudden and Guard subm mad to comment about my statement. I then ran into Sutton at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: I introduced myself to her, he and Megan. She was lovely.
Speaker 1: I explained myself to her, and she and I had a great conversation. I ran to Garsell, I explained myself to her. She and I had a great conversation. I just said, like this is I'm recapping the fucking episode. That's all I'm doing. I don't mean to like diss you guys as people. That's not my attention. Long story short, but Sun said to Durret to me is the real Sutton? And when I said, I'm a slut and finally, what I meant by that is finally you're showing who you are. Not granted, it's not a statement that it's popular, but I appreciate anybody who's brave enough to be themselves on camera and who can face the backlash from a statement like that, because I do agree with you.
Speaker 2: I even said, like, well, Sutton, this is no shade.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are saying, no shade, girl, is not like you were the one clocking in at work sixty hours a week. Like you know, your money's capped at three point fifty which is a lot of money, three hundred fifty thousand a month. But some people can argue something that's your alimony. Again, there's tons of arguments. So when it comes to something, I want her to be her son because I don't watch the show to see people play it safe. I don't watch the show to see people play up to the cameras. And I agree with you about Garcel. I set my podcast. I love Garcel. I need for Garsel and they just take their reunion last Friday, Megan, I need Garcel to call out what you and I both text about. What all of my friends text me about. What's the microaggressions of Sutton's mother riba.
Speaker 3: Time watching that, Joe Megan text me, I.
Speaker 2: Did if I'm able to share? Megan. Megan text me and was like, how do you feel about that scene?
Speaker 1: And I said I'm uncomfortable and she said, okay, thank god I feel the same way. And I said, no, I'm very uncomfortable. Garcel called out Derrie. She has to call out Reba like it is what it is, and you're right. If Dree would have made that statement about her wallet being bigger than bows, oh my gosh, it would have been World War three to me on that tape, I'm at that table with Garcel. And when Garcel and Deury had that scene in this episode where she said, yeah, I don't like what Sun said.
Speaker 2: Well, Garcel, honey, you just say it then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, called her out the.
Speaker 1: Way you called out Bowls defending Derie, call out Son and say Son, I love you.
Speaker 2: That's fucking gross.
Speaker 3: I think part of the thing, too, is when you have friends, so genuine friends, people screw up. I mean, I ask you advice on lots of different things that are not just reality show driven, because sometimes there's one other opinion from someone I trust and you know, think is smart. And I think part of the problem with Garcela is when you're so a tunnel vision about someone you love or you know, I assume she loves her if they're that close to friends. You also have to see the forest for the trees. It's important to keep clarity and transparency and honesty. And I think Garcel's really hurt herself this season. I like Garcel. I think she's just like one of the most beautiful women that's ever been on Housewives. Like I was even thinking that last night, Like she's just her face and her God Like, she's just a gorgeous woman. I mean, like stunning and.
Speaker 1: Parts of the meggot she's she's im Parson Garcel's beauty is late though she's in Parson's everything.
Speaker 3: She's really like very striking. Like I don't know if it's like, you know, I don't hope that doesn't sound weird. I just you know, she's obviously you're not on that show if you're not, you know, beautiful. But I I think that she's hurt herself a little bit too. I'm like a fan of hers. I like her work. I like what she's doing. I like that she's sort of self made. I want more from her in general dating, you know, if she's going to be shooting her show, is there any like drama on some of these movies she's making. I don't like her just being set in sidekick. I think she can give us a lot more than that. I don't think she should be off the show. I know some people are saying that because she's had not a great season. I don't agree with that, but I think there's got to be a real come to Jesus with producers and this cast for next season, because this is unsustainable for me and Sutt And again, like I just I feel bad for her mom because her mom's like eighty two or something, and you know, eighty two year old Southern people, there's a stereotype about them. But that moment was awful and made me extremely uncomfortable. I mean, not to get like too heavy with you. My sister Bridget is not white, she's adopted, and it reminded me somewhat of like the way certain people would talk to me versus where they would talk to her in different kind of social situations. So like, you know, I may be like a white nappo baby Republican, but I'm well aware of what a microaggression is and what racial bias looks like. And I really thought it was very disrespectful to Garcel. And I just you see the way she was treating Kyle versus the way she was treating Garcel, and it was rough. It's dark and it's rough and it's sad. But I agree, if I were Garcel, I would have said something yeah, no, and I want the world to know.
Speaker 2: Not that you need this, but I'm just being honest here.
Speaker 1: You text me the moment it happened, and I didn't watch the episode yet. You said, did you watched this scene? I said, I'm actually gonna watch it tonight, and you said, well, text me after you watch it. And then I texted me and said, oh, honey, what the fucking you said? Okay, I'm not the only one, right, I'm like, oh, numb, honey. As a black person, I was so uncomfortable. And I felt bad for Garcel too, because she kept trying hard, and Reebu just didn't want to give her that. And then I think I'll tell you this, Megan. She regifted the scar back to Garcil.
Speaker 3: Oh oh my god, how do you know that that wasn't on the.
Speaker 2: Shop and on an after show.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so bad. I didn't got the scarf thing either. If somebody gave me a beautiful scarf, like you know, presented that way, I would be so great, like excited. I didn't that even that I didn't understand. It's like they're giving you this beautiful gift as a house sermon gift, and again, like I don't like stereotype people. But I also think when people show you their behavior and show you who they are, you should believe them. And I don't actually need any more but just for like what it's worth. Like and again, I'm not trying to like punch down to an elder lady because like whatever, I don't need any more read the storylines. I don't need to hear about it. I don't need a relationship with her mom. I don't honestly give a shit. I also think, like again, like in the age range they're in, I'm forty, like get over your mom and dad issues, Like you you got to, like at a certain point, you've got to take ownership of like who you are and how you behave. And I'm I'm lucky I don't have those kind of issues because I had great parents. But I just feel like therapy is good for everybody. And it was it's like very clear that needs some like very serious therapy. And I don't want to be on this journey with her. I don't care her. I don't I've had enough. And even last night at the ending of her fashion shows, you was like my mom, I couldn't be here in my mind, and I was like, do you I don't care. I don't care about this plot with your no vine, but I just don't care. I've had so much of enough of Sutton in her mom Like, I just it's weird. It's like a weird plot line. And again, is all of this just to not do dating? Is this so she like doesn't have a dating plot line?
Speaker 2: Megan, you know, your girl after my own heart. So I want to say.
Speaker 3: You've damaged yourself because you're still a fan of hers.
Speaker 2: So do you think, Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan of somebody who's real, Like, for example, I'm not somebody who okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, perfect example.
Speaker 1: I loved you the moment I saw you on the View as a fan.
Speaker 2: Right, Everybody was like, why do you like her?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I said that Megan McCain, Honey, she sits on that panel and she fights for her opinion to be heard. And even if I don't agree with what she's saying, I appreciate somebody with a different view. And then when I got a chance to meet you, and I'm like, oh my gosh, she's actually nicer in person. And then we started to like talk and hang, I'm like, oh, my god, She's everything. So for me, I like anybody who's like my opinion may not be the most popular, but this is who I am and that's why I love you so much. That's why I liked something last week's episode. But the thing that needs to happen with these reality stars, and this is the question you're asking me too.
Speaker 2: Are we getting the rib A.
Speaker 1: Storyline because we're not getting dating. I will say this to you, and I'm just being honest. I think the reason why our girl, Erica Jane is not going to give the dating storyline is because the moment you show your man on TV, and in this case, when Kyle showcased Morgan her friend, all bests are off in terms of you having any more secret dates. So it's the reason why we're not seeing Kim Kardashian date reality stars who are single, Sutton Garsel, Erica Jane. Let's be clear, they're dating somebody.
Speaker 3: Sure they have to be great.
Speaker 2: Those three beautiful women. You mean to tell me there's not a.
Speaker 3: My knowledge, and again, I don't think I'm exposing anything. I don't think Erica has a boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Not a boyfriend dating. Okay, I feel like I see I'm gonna tell youho.
Speaker 1: I see Erica Jane with so Erica Jane, you're listening because she loves you, Megan, and she said, Carlo, thank you so much. You obviously speak holly of me. I'm like, I love you, Erica. I love Erica. When it was unpowerulus to love Erica, I said, when Erica said, what the fuck about me?
Speaker 2: Fuck that shit? Like what about me?
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, bitch, I agree with you, Okay, I digress. I see Erica Jane, our friend with a hot young man who's just like you know, listen, listen.
Speaker 2: Is he Tom Geraldy wealthy?
Speaker 1: Maybe not, but he's somebody that has enough money to pick up the check. He's somebody who has enough money to send a black car to pick her up for a date, you know what I mean. They fly commercial, but he's he's buying first class tickets.
Speaker 2: That's who I see her with.
Speaker 1: And and he's super hot and he's he's like just into her.
Speaker 2: I don't see eric with the older man ever again.
Speaker 3: So I can see it both ways. I could see her with like a retired football player, like like for it, like some I don't cafolla sports. I don't know, I like very little blesswords with like or basketball there or whatever, like an ex athlete, but like a known person, like someone who like you would know the name of and then or And I feel like I have told her this, and if I haven't, then Eric, if you're listening, I will say it again. I can actually see her with a real DC power person like I could see like and I'm not saying like Democrat or Republican. I'm just saying, like, you know, someone who had held a cabinet position in the Obama White House, a high level maybe not like you know, complete at their peak right now, but someone who's like extremely well respected, maybe still has a secret service detail because they have like you know, I actually can see her playing a great girlfriend role to someone like that because she is so presentable in every social situation, and she's extremely extremely well versed on politics. She is very very smartness. We saw it, she talked about it in like a few see and ago, like she was talking with remember she was talking with like someone at the dinner table when they were in France.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like she could really be and I, you know, like if I see someone but that's who I personally see her with I could see her with like a real power player.
Speaker 2: Well, Meghan, sorry, you know, no, no, no, that's my husband.
Speaker 3: And I are always thinking about it. But she's she's a Democrat, so it's a little trick here for me also as much or an independent. I don't remember which one she is.
Speaker 2: Actually, I missed the days where I forgot that. There's a couple.
Speaker 1: I can't think of them right now, but I think it's so dope when a Republican and a Democrat like in a relationship.
Speaker 3: My favorite, it's my favorite. I like Carville and his wife. It's my favorite. James Carville, the famous UH statist, don't work? Get him and his wife. He was a because he was advising Clinton and she was advising Bush.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: I would love to sit at a table with a couple where once a Republican wants a Democrat and they just have a different point of view. But it's respectful and it's interesting. I think it keeps a relationship sexy. So I can see Erica with somebody who's like a hot young Republican.
Speaker 2: I would love to talk about that.
Speaker 1: But what was that Erica Jane Kennedy?
Speaker 3: I could just see her with a power player, like with a ken, like with a like you know, like someone with a notable last name, you know, like I could definitely see it, Like I don't know. I just think maybe I know her in a different context too.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's just very sophisticated, very smart, like like obviously there's this like it's expensive to be me showgirl aspect of her. But I don't know, I could just see her with like a real I think she needs to be with one at her level power wise, though I don't think she can punch down. I think she needs someone who is going to meet her at her like, you know, where she What is it that there's a I saw a thing. It's like stand in your light, Like I want her to stand in her light and have her partner stand in their light too. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: It makes total sense. It makes total sense. So last question for you, my sweet love.
Speaker 3: Last question.
Speaker 1: I know I talk to all day, like all day, Last question, babe. We all believe that there needs to be a shake up on the Real Housewives of Belly Hills. So Megan McCain, you political pundit, you, you pop.
Speaker 4: Culture enthusiast, you reality watch her You who do you think should return to the next season of the Real Housewives of Belly Hills.
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh, anybody from the past? I mean, look, I'm a Lisa Rena stand forever. I love Lisa Rena. I think she's cool. I think she's smart. I like that she like shakes things up, So I would love to see her come back. I don't know if she and Andy are in a good place. And I think, like she.
Speaker 2: Was on his radio show last week, was it good?
Speaker 1: I believe she apologized to him for some of her tweets, so things seem to be okay.
Speaker 3: Is there anybody from like the way way back that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I liked Crystal. I would like Crystal to come back. I found myself missing her this season.
Speaker 2: I like her.
Speaker 3: Oh I know that's all take for you, but I really like Crystal. I always did. That one was like I was one of the few. But I like her, and I like some of her podcasts stuff and some of the stuff she's been saying on I think, like Jeff Lewis's show that gets on online.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone you think I the thing?
Speaker 1: And this is why I love reality stars, because one season I can like really be into you, and the other season be like I don't know, girl, and some of the like I don't like it. This season, I love Lie Saena.
Speaker 2: I think this is my opinion.
Speaker 1: Lisa Renna gave so much to that show, and I think I think she had a hard time with how things were happening to her and.
Speaker 2: She's missed. I love the friendship to her in Erica.
Speaker 1: I love when Erica had her crash out moment and Lisa Renna said, Okay, girl, it's time to go. You know what I mean, like something you would do to me or I would do to you, Like Okay, Megan, let's let's go for a walk.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, like let me protect your little bit girlfriend. I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that Lisa Rena called out the truth. I love how Lisa Brenda was like Denise were friends for thirty years. Not that I agreed with it, but I like that she called shit out for what it was. And the issue I'm having with Beverly Hills is it's a lot of talk behind each other's back. And I think the reason why you and I would always miss the old days of Ronie is because you can say what you want about those Roney girls, the houseboss in New York City, the old the ogs. Those girls called each other out to their faces and they made up in ten minutes. And that's that's really.
Speaker 3: What do I have to do to get them back on my television? What do I have? We are in a tough time politically, socioeconomically, the country is totally divided. One thing that can unite this country is bringing the old ogl So I'm serious, it would be a diplomatic thing for Gravel to do. What do I have to do this new cast? Fire them all. I am not doing this. See I will not watch it again. And it's very rare for me to pull away from a Housewives. Very excited by the way, for New Atlanta going to jump right back in because I eased off a little bit.
Speaker 2: Can my teaser really fast?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 2: I saw the premiere episode.
Speaker 3: Is it good? Oh no oh no.
Speaker 1: Oh oh Megan, Megan, I'm not gonna say much just yet.
Speaker 2: What I'm here to tell you Atlanta is back.
Speaker 3: Jank, God, thank god. I need this. By the way, I would watch Phaedri like like read the phone book to me, like she really can do know And I just took this picture recently of her with her sons, and I was like, mister President is so big. It was like a little man. I love Phaedra's one comment alone on the Real Housewives Girls Trip where she was like that woman's old enough to be your mother when she was talking about Deminda to Brandy. I walked about that for like a full day, like.
Speaker 2: About it. You're like, the girl, are you watching this? Oh bitch watching this? Fucking to me? To me, it's the best, it was the best Girls trip. But I digress.
Speaker 3: I'm just really thank god you said that, because I'm really I'm really looking forward to it, like genuinely really looking forward to it. Potomac is a little too much for me, and I think like the women are in my neighborhood a lot because they just like film around town and the Karen of it all is very dark. And I loved the last season. I know some people did, so Atlanta coming back after New York being just such a disaster and Beverly Hill's not being what I wanted. I have very high hopes for Atlanta and I'm full back in that's going to be the first episode is going to be like like appointment viewing for me. I thank god it's good. Seriously, thank god. If they fucked that up again, I would.
Speaker 1: Be so Megan, you will not be disappointed and text me the moment.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna watch it in real time, so text me at.
Speaker 1: Nine oh one. And it's not be your thoughts on it. I can't wait ten your thoughts on it, but will you will not be disappointed?
Speaker 3: And Porsche back Like all my favorites, I Fajor and Push were always my favorite, So I'm they just need to bring me back and then I'll be uh.
Speaker 1: You and I would be like Atlanta, have it so okay, Megan, thank you so much. You are a busy woman, a busy white, a busy mother, and a busy boss. So I don't take this for granted that you took time out to my podcast.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 3: Anytime, I love you and I love your gust. I listened to it as a fan all the time, and you get such amazing exclusives and I love the rundowns. I've been a little surprised at a few of the hot takes you've had lately. Yes, wise disagreed, not a little disagreement, but it's all good and all your success. I mean, I just love applauding you from afar. You're just really killing it and it's a hard industry to kill it in, and podcasting in particular is a hard industry. And you just like I said, everyone I know listens to you.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: A lot to me, my girl, my friends who follow up culture, they all do and like love it and they get so excited when I come on.
Speaker 1: So if that makes me happy and listen, I owe you a trip on the DC. I need to like find my way back out there so we can hang out and bark, crawl and just like have a good time.
Speaker 3: I would love to see you, and like I said, I just really like so happy to come on anytime you want. And I'm glad that your your fans are giving me a little bit of a chance.
Speaker 2: Which is they love you, Please, they love you. They love you, so let them know them, Megan.
Speaker 1: Where they can listen to your podcast, Citizen McCain, What day of the week it drops, and everything else.
Speaker 3: All places you can find Citizen McCain. And if you are if you have five o'clock East Coast time, you are bored, you can go on YouTube on the two Way Channel with me and I'm just literally doing like politics rundown for one hour and we have different guests on and it's so funny. My premiere episode, I had Perez Hilton and my friend Mary Catherine Hammon and people are like Perez Holten and I was like, don't sleep on Prezhilton.
Speaker 2: He's very That was a great fucking episode.
Speaker 3: Thank you. He's so smart.
Speaker 2: He loves you.
Speaker 3: You know, I mets when I was like, I'm not chitting you twenty one at the White House Correspondence dinner when he was there with Spencer and Heidi to really date myself like a million years ago. And he's been another one that's just so nice. Not embarrassed to be my friend. Thank you so much to the people who are not embarrassed to be my friend, not dragging me on social media. I always appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. But he's just a really smart seem like you like, just smart, cool, funny, like all the things.
Speaker 2: So anyway, yeah, no, you're my baby.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thank you so much. Megan, I love you, Citizen McCain. Whatever, we get the podcast and I will see y'all on the next one.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Visit Realitywotheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,