Speaker 1: Oh my god, I mean truly speaking of like how cooked this country is just scrolling this coffee Mate's product pages. Fucking oh no, oh yeah, it's really crazy TwixT coffee mate.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is We're like we're at Wally without.
Speaker 1: The fucking wheelchairs and ship those space chairs. Also without robots with empathy and heart. He's got the dirty sodas, but.
Speaker 2: We got the.
Speaker 1: Dystopian part without the hope man. Look, the undersing Waly is a good I've only seen pieces of it in the garbage robot. And he's trying to fuck like a fucking Apple mouse. Wait, yeah, he's trying to get interest. Oh this is this is a love interesting if this thing had like sort of like Pixar generated Andrew.
Speaker 2: Who's that with you, kurvy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pushing over the slim thick what do you call that?
Speaker 2: Apple optic mouse?
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three eighty four, Episode two of the Dailies is a production of iHeartRadio. Yes, this is the podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness.
Speaker 1: And it is Tuesday, April fifteenth.
Speaker 3: Pay your fucking taxes if you are in the ninety nine percent one percenters.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it. Just keep cooking, baby, don't worry about your taxes.
Speaker 3: It's also National laundry Day. It's National Titanic Remembrance Day, National Rubber Eraser Day.
Speaker 1: Damn I forgot about.
Speaker 3: Those chunky pink rubber erasers, National Blaze spiral Ham Day, National take a Wild Guest Day.
Speaker 1: There's all kinds of nonsense being celebrated today. Landry Day should really be money laundering Day. Yeah right, yeah, manipulate the market. We're cleaning something.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about what it is exactly.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And look here, I am Miles Gray AKA Fliptnes.
Speaker 1: Come together the former band fifteen Dudes with horns on stage.
Speaker 3: We stand skanking. Okay, shout out Charles on we fromage because yes I did reference to the fact that I was in the ska band at fifteen called the Liptones, And yeah, we were skanking. We were doing our thing, playing our fucking brass heavy tunes, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh, but thank you for that, Aka. And also spoon Man. I love a sound garden. I fucking love that. Specifically, Spoonman is a fucking great track for yarlin.
Speaker 2: Do you agree?
Speaker 3: Andrew I hope I was gonna ask what what.
Speaker 1: Instrument did you play in the cod Man trumpet?
Speaker 4: Baby?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think my name is Miles.
Speaker 1: I'm not playing the fucking I don't fucking know I was. I had the fucking I was destined. It's due to my fucking namesake that I would only play the trumpet. But anyway, I am thrilled to be joined today by a fantastic comedian, writer, podcaster, terrible computer programs program our self admittedly so writing some of the worst fucking code you've ever seen. And also look the host of YOZ This Race is a legendary show. We all know him and love him and know him as Andrew T.
Speaker 5: If you need a guess, no, you need a host, it's Andrew T. He'll be there in three Oo need a take hope the facts on fake you Andrew T.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm talking about, y'all.
Speaker 3: Dude, take a chance, take a chance, Take a chance, Andrew. We are very thrilled and honored. You know, we like to we had to elevate. We'd like to elevate. Sometimes it's not just all. It's not just a second rate people. It's not just a second rate podcast. Sometimes we have fantastical from the show like today. You might know him as the editor of the Left Hook sub Stack. You might know him from his show with Francesca Fiorentini America Unhinged. You may know him from countless other things, maybe the co host of the Democracy Ish podcast. We know him as would.
Speaker 2: You know, spoon ma'am with your hands with me? I'm together with your plan, spoon maam. And that's why I'm an English major and was never part of a ska rock band. But a deep cut old school reference has to be rewarded and respected. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Also, you're from the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you need to hit us with some barrier rap or something.
Speaker 2: I am from the the I am from the Bay I'll give you a ye yee uh.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: We'll do some Golden State Warriors of Fanning and hopefully, hopefully the Angels of basketball give them a victory over the Grizzlies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh boy, that was a rough about that that lost to the Clippers.
Speaker 3: I was very painful. I was surprised. I was looking at them like the Clippers Kawhi and James Harden what I mean? I know this on paper was supposed to work.
Speaker 2: But m but my clip. My La Clipper friends who are fans, they're just like nihilists and they're like, wait, something bad's gonna happen. Oh yeah, I'm like, can you just take a moment to enjoy the like, no, no, something terrible is about to happen. And it sounds like Donald Trump for some reason too.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Kawhi's knees are gonna turn. Yeah truly, I mean yeah, I mean, as an unwell Laker fan, I'm also.
Speaker 1: The same on my phone. All right, yeah, I'm glad. I'm glad you had your little fun because he's about to get ugly.
Speaker 2: Baby. But hey, look we got our own.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're gonna play the Timberwolf.
Speaker 2: So we'll see, we'll see. How Actually to ask you a question, because all my Lakers, you know, we're on WhatsApp a chat, and all my college friends they talked Matt Ship whenever it's Lakers Warriors. They were dead quiet yesterday because I think everyone Warriors fans, the Lakers fans were like, we don't have to face each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah hell yeah, of course we don't want We all knew.
Speaker 2: It was like a hidden dude code we all knew.
Speaker 3: Don't need that, don't need to start. And that's also the rivalry everyone else was praying for, like let one of these teams just knock each other out and help it make it a little bit easier in the postseason. But we're having none of that. Anyway, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better. Let's also give a preview about what we're talking about very quickly. Up top, I just want to just hit two stories before we get into the breakdown, because there's so much going on and I just.
Speaker 1: We have to touch on them again. But we also have some fun times too. I know it's difficult times, but we do need to stay aware of everything that is happening. So up top.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, Governor Josh Shapiro's home was set on fire. A lot of people said home was set on fire. A man broke into the Pennsylvania governor's mansion and set a fire in there while the governor, his family, and another family were sleeping. They escaped unharmed. The man later turned himself in and said that he would have attacked Shapiro with a hand if he had the chance.
Speaker 2: He yikes.
Speaker 3: Not sure why the word assassination attempt isn't being used to describe this a little bit more. I mean, like what you're just doing some flame based reorganizing in the halls.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know if you saw the pictures, but like set on fire doesn't do a justice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It's someone trying to burn it down with them inside it. And if that's with the intent, I mean, he's being charged with attempted murder murder. Oddly enough, the Attorney General, Pam Bondi, who seems to use the word anti Semitism a lot when disappearing innocent students and academics for expressing pro Palestinian views, had very little to say about this attack that happened as passover began. So as of this recording, still haven't heard anything from the president but surprise, surprise, and he sees Shapiro as a potential probably political rival and then your future and also the president of l Salvador Naibukele, visited the White House on Monday.
Speaker 3: He said that he would not be returning Kilmar Armando or bragol Garcia to the US and said it would be like quote smuggling a terrorist back into the US.
Speaker 2: It's preposterous.
Speaker 3: He said, there's no evidence that this man is in a doing any kind of criminal gang anything. In the administration itself admitted that he was arrantly sent to El Salvador. So the logic is all over the place. We talked about this on yesterday's Strending episode. I don't know if this is because they don't know where he is, or again, they're really digging in because they want to set the president that they can do this and they will not listen to the courts.
Speaker 2: Either way, very fucked up.
Speaker 3: And Trump followed up that answer from President Bukeali by saying he would all like to see more prisons in El Salvador open up so they can maybe take American citizens as well.
Speaker 1: So keep your eyes and ears on that. Any thoughts on that before we break down the rest of the show. I just want to I feel like I see a lot of heads on it. I just want to give anybody the chance to comment on that before we get into it.
Speaker 2: It's like the Purge, but only if you wear a MAGA hat and support Donald Trump, you get out of jail free card. If you do any crime, you can you know, attack police officers with pepper spray and American flags and take a ship in the US Capitol and be part of a violent insurrection. Then you'll get pardoned. And a little piece of news that dropped two weeks ago that Donald Trump is looking to compensating these insurrectionists. But meanwhile, you know, I did this post on Sunday night when I found out about the governor's home that was it's a case of arson, who could be potential terrorism. We were still waiting to see the facts. I'm like, did Donald Trump tweet? And nope, nope, no, still not still no tweets, And and then this this techno excuse me, this bitcoin broke. Bu Kelly just straight up said, yeah, I'm not going to bring him back. And I think the reason is is not only to set a precedent, but if they if he comes back, if Garcia comes back, he has a story to tell. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all bad, and that's why, like all of the darkest outcomes seem feasible.
Speaker 1: So yeah, anyway, I mean listen without without ringing the bell that I always fucking ring is we did have four years. We uh by we, I mean not me, not people who think like me. But you know, Democrats had time to nip some of this in the bud and elected and I think largely the name of quote, decorum not to so yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stibility, Yeah, civility, and we're now getting punched in the head with those brass knuckles. All right, So what else we're going to talk about today? We will touch on Bill Maher. Welcome to the Resistance, Bill Maher. What a fantastic antidote you gave on your terrible show. We'll also talk about Meta's anti trust trials starting this week or I don't know, sham trial. We'll see Katie Perry safely returned from space. And there's a new Pixar knockoff Jesus movie that's doing okay at the box office, but for very manufactured reasons, and we'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: But first, all right, Steam guest was Jahad Ali. We'd like to ask you, what's something from your search history that's revealing about who you are, what you're into.
Speaker 2: I was born and raised in Amrica to Bay Area Sudy Bay Area Pakistani Muslim American parents who came here thanks to the Immigration Nationality Act. And even though I was born and raised in the Bay Area, and I'm a US citizen. They did not teach me English until I was well dropped off unceremoniously at preschool, and I learned English and ESL English a second language. So thank you to d I thank you to teachers. And you know how some people say you're fresh off the boat. Other people say, my parents burned the boat. My parents gave zero fs, brought the boat inside the home named me with Jahat in nineteen eighty because they couldn't care less whether or not I was bullied or blended. And then when you know, I asked him like, why don't you teach me English? And they're like, you learned so and then I graduated with an English major from UC Berkeley and I write for a living.
Speaker 3: So there you go, there you go. Did you have any nicknames like assimilator nicknames?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so this is a true story. Also when I was five or six. You know, when you're not white in this country and you're going up. Even though I grew up super brown, super proud, super Muslim, super American, you read these stories and you don't see people who look like at least in the eighties, right, we're all kind of the same age. You know, there was no one who looked like us who was the hero of the story, so you kind of unconsciously realize that the hero has to be white and quote American, even though we were American, but you see yourself as others. So I remember I was six years old. I went home to my mom and I'm like, mother, I want I'll let you keep the W in my name, but I'll give you a choice. And you know, I want an American name. And my mom is a South Asian immigrant immigrant parents only exist in blunt and very blunt. And she's like, what the hell are you talking about? And I said, you know, I need an American name that starts with W. And you think I would choose like Walter or William. And I chose Wilburt because Charlotte's Webb. And my mother is like, oh, because everyone liked the pig. Remember everyone like the pig. So I'm like maybe, and my mom's like, your name is what you have to never talk talk about this again. So there you go, stuck man. Even though I tried, I was drawn in a very brown Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love the idea too, Like you can like I want to be Wolverine. Fuck that, call me logan, call me fuck it, you call me weapon X. Let's just start with a W.
Speaker 1: Let's do this to your parents is a very immigrant kid thing that you learned you get disabused of. How well that works real quick?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, none of that stuff works.
Speaker 2: Like I'll call I'll call the nine line and they're like, go ahead, call will kill you before they come, you know. Yeah, oh yo, I remember I said.
Speaker 3: I remember saying, I will call the city because they're going to take me away from you, because like because you're bad parents. I remember hearing about like how kids could be taken by the municipalities.
Speaker 1: Like I was like eight or some shit, and my mom like she put the phone right there. She's like, go ahead, you know the number. She's like, you know, you're not gonna live here anymore, right, You're not gonna see us anymore.
Speaker 2: She just let I I was like, just okay, all of us have that story because one of our white friends did it, like it works with the whites, and I think we saw them like in the TV shows, And then we tried it, and only pain, only pain and trauma was visited upon us.
Speaker 3: Uh, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Uh? Bidets? And the reason why I think bidets are underrated. I was reading some comedians talk about like having hairy butts and taking a long time. I'm like, bro, the year is twenty twenty five. Yeah, you survived COVID for nineteen bucks by a bedey wash your ass, Like that's something that if you like travel around South Asia, Southeast Age in the Middle East, like we have clean asses, Like the funny thing is and they cause barbarians. I'm like, maybe, but we have clean asses like baday, what's ournition? Yeah, like Americans, Filipinos have a bidet. Asian gotta bdet. South Asian gotta badet. Arabs got a badet. Just install a bidet clean your ass?
Speaker 3: Do you think Do you think it's like some like Americans don't want to do it because the rest of the world is like, we're fine just smearing it all around our fucking asshole.
Speaker 2: It's even worse, bro, It's even worse. The reason is, I don't know if've been falling. I'm a massachust I go deep into like the right wing ecosystem. But now apparently some young maga bros don't wash their genitals because that's gay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say it's puritan homophobia, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah hh. And they wondered, like, and these women want nothing to do with us because they're woke.
Speaker 1: It's like, bro, because you smell like a corpse fool. Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 3: You and your your ideologies backwards. Yeah, shut out to the bedet. I look, I'm the second I started getting well. I knew about the bidet because I'm half Japanese, so in Japan every told you out of bed day. And then once I remember like that, like the tushies and like those kinds of adapters came out here, I was like, it's time, baby, because.
Speaker 2: Toto, Bro, Toto is a game changer.
Speaker 1: Oh gentrified, but Dave's got gentrified. Yeah, white, get into it, dude. I so uh, I just got a like a Toto toilet seat, like not the whole toilet, but the seat that has like the warm seat because I needed some after I lost my house in the fire.
Speaker 2: So it's like, just give me this.
Speaker 1: This ship has a built in fan, so no no odor comes out of the toilet like there, it's built into the seat to the point where you don't you don't need nothing.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, am I eating this good because there's nothing going on.
Speaker 2: Realize it's such a game changer that some of my friends go to other friends home to take dump just so they can when they embrace them to the day. Yeah, like it cleans and it warms and it talks to you, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, bro, save it up, it up for the visit. It's it's the father I never had.
Speaker 2: My relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clean, warm and communication. What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Man? Billionaires?
Speaker 3: I hope finally why what they do?
Speaker 2: You know? It's one of those things where one positive of the healthscape that we're living in is people are finally saying something that I've been saying for a while, and even like smart either like center left liberal progressive folks were like, oh, man Elon Musk, but he's really smart. I'm like, he really isn't. This was a couple of years ago, and I feel like you're seeing there idiocy exposed in real time and what power and money does to people make some slightly sociopathic and how like they will literally destroy It's like that movie Don't Look Up where the billionaire says we're gonna mind the comments and then earth blows up. So I hope, I hope. The only one of the few positives that comes from the wholesale destruction of the human species in the global economy in the next four or eight years is maybe if we can rite, and I think we actually can. If you can rally the majority, regardless of ethnicity or politics around billionaires, some good can happen.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, I mean, it seems like we're starting to see undulations of that with the Fight Oligarchy tour my own like mother and her friends went, and like, I'm personally seeing my own life a level of engagement that I haven't seen before. I don't know if I don't know what's motivating that, but I think they just did one.
Speaker 2: In Utah too.
Speaker 1: That brought a ton of people out.
Speaker 2: So like city man YouTube, rural Wyoming, West Virginia, Like when they get that hands off, every country, excuse me, every state in the country, even like red counties. It was mostly white people too, old, older white folks. That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm like, oh, oh, so you noticed. It's like it's like four decades in. What's the matter with Kansas it's like kind of taking rule where like you keep voting against your economic interest, Like, yeah, surely it'll start to matter, right eventually.
Speaker 2: Maybe inshallah, one day you'll realize maybe, like life without fentanyl is a better life. I don't we will see.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's take a quick break and we come back. We'll talk about speaking of the resistance Bill.
Speaker 1: Maher, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wow. Cool.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about his nonsense right after this.
Speaker 3: And we are back. First off, fuck Bill mah. Okay, let's just know that up top between his constant is lomophobia, casual use of the N word, and just generally being like one of the most smug, dumb fucks.
Speaker 1: That always finds himself on the wrong side of any argument when it's the answer. The right side seems almost like in your face, clear, this is Bill Maher and he should not have a TV show. But alas here we are. So a few weeks ago we heard from Kid Rock of all people.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, man, I had Bill Maher come to the White House break bread with President Trump.
Speaker 2: Man. It was a really good time.
Speaker 1: Just smoking cigars, being guys.
Speaker 3: And you know, Bill really had a good time, man, You really had a good.
Speaker 1: Time, and everyone's like, Okay, sure, dude. Whatever.
Speaker 3: We hadn't really heard Bill Maher's version of events until this weekend when he opened up opened up about it on his show, and holy shit, the gist of it was Mar was basically saying, bye closed doors. This guy is like pretty chill. I was shocked.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna play a clip of this just so you can really hear how how much of a total I guess Mar.
Speaker 3: Washing if that's even a thing you can do anymore, but just trying to wash the repute, launder the reputation of Donald Trump. But this is Bill Maher, as he describes, just a very interesting dinner with President Trump. He's really not even that bad.
Speaker 2: Rum.
Speaker 6: At one point we were walking through his amazing it is an amazing tour of the whole house, and I don't remember exactly what we were talking about, but it must have been something with the twenty twenty election, because I know he used the word lost, and I distinctly remember saying, wow, I never thought i'd hear you say that. He didn't get mad. He's much more self aware and he lets on in public. Look, I get it, it doesn't matter who he is at a private dinner with a comedian. It matters who he is on the world stage. I'm just taking as a positive this person exists, because everything I've ever not liked about him was, I swear to God, absent at least on this night with this guy. Bob could Rock told me the night before, he said, if you want to get a word in edgewise, you're gonna have to cut him off. He'll just go on.
Speaker 2: Not at all.
Speaker 6: I've had so many conversations with prominent people who were much less connected, people who don't look you in the eye, people don't really listen because they just want to get to their next thing.
Speaker 1: People whose response all right, all right, all right, all right, Bill, enough of that, enough of that.
Speaker 2: He got played like a fiddle. He got played like a fiddle one hundred.
Speaker 3: I mean part of it is like sort of like he he's just trying to be in Trump's good graces or was he really taken by this charm offensive from a serial liar?
Speaker 1: Yeah that was right?
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, Like it's part of me is like, do you I think mar probably benefits because he gets to be like, well, now I'm on, I might I might be on the protect whatever. But either way, it's so fucking nonsensical and like the again, his audience is so unique that they were like, oh wow, that's very interesting. Later on, one of his guests called him out and was just like on the panels like, dude, you were absolutely just played in a pr stunt, like that's.
Speaker 2: Right, say, and he appealed. You know what Trump did is he appealed to build narcissism and fickleness, which is notorious and well known in the industry. Right, and he says, Okay, I'll just be nice to this dude for like an hour, and I know he'll go on his show and talk about how nice I am and he'll win over the center left people. Meanwhile, as it's happening, like you just mentioned top of the show, they literally kidnapped an innocent father, Abrego Garcia and have openly said, nah, we're not going to bring him back, and they're you know, shutting down the government and tanking the economy.
Speaker 1: But listen, he was nice to me, right, That's the thing. Like, that's truly the gist of it. It's like, ignore everything else materially that's happening around you and to other people, because anecdotally for me, I didn't have to interrupt him during a dinner. It's like, I'm fine. Every other person in Hollywood who's defending their like me too friend is like, well, he never did that to me. He's nice to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's a classic white male privilege. And and the one thing about Bill Marty if I can't say, you know how they say sometimes listen to people of color. You don't have to just listen a lot of Arabs, black folks, Muslims have been on Bill maherh for years, including myself, and there was this casual acceptance of his rampant anti Arab, anti Muslim bigotry, his misogyny go down the list, but they're like, you know what he is an ally, he's influential and very rarely he was called out on it. If you just replace Muslim Arab the way he talks about is it's like straight up like genocidal, right, Yeah, And people are like, hey, it's okay, and now you're seeing the true colors. And I remember there's two people who went on a show. I won't mention their names, you know them. One of them said the guy this was years ago. He said the guys, your stereotypical ignorant like white American dude who thinks he's smarter than everyone else and just like shoots off the cuff. I only go on a show because each time I go, I could sell books. The second person what was a couple of years ago? Two years ago? She was told by the producer before the show, don't don't correct him too much because Bill doesn't don't like that. Oh so we're talking about the world's most fragile snowflake and the reporter I think Josh forgetting his last time. He was so nice to him. And even then you saw Bill. Do you see Bill like just turn on him?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, it's just it. Yeah again, thin skin. It is wild to see a lot of like like sort of white well intentioned liberals coming around now, Like, how could.
Speaker 1: You Bill mart It's like, I'm sorry, I mean, did you like to your point?
Speaker 2: Was I had? Like?
Speaker 1: Did you not hear fucking anything else he's been saying, because he's been demonstrating his lack of critical thinking skills and that he is, to put it lightly, just most regressive like idiots, like ideologically so regressive out loud. He's he's like I say, way too much. He's like center left for America by like right wing for reality. Yeah right, yeah, nothing nothing that he actually believes is center or left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, I think this is kind of what happens, especially with Americans, is marginalized people constantly are yelling like we're dying, we're getting killed.
Speaker 1: No one cares that we're getting killed. And then a thing happens where it completely intersects with like a majority white audience, and they're like, wait, he is he likes Trump? Oh well hold on now, this this is a bridge too far. I can't, I really can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very jarring. But did you all know did you all know this? We're like, yes, yes we did.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Bill, we all just tricked because his show was on HBO that you thought like that would because of its mere presence on HBO, that it's giving it's giving democrats, mainstream democrat kind of thing that they're like, well then, because it's there, I basically watch it uncritically and I assume these are normal thoughts and ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Bill, anyway, continue to just mar it up, sir.
Speaker 2: And the way he represents a real quick he represents a lot of white folks who won't say it out loud, but have said the following libs have gone too woke. They lost me. I didn't lose them, and by two woke insert person of color woman LGBTQ. Yeah that's it. Yeah, that's it exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're so focused on like this woke stuff.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand that.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad Target abandoned their Di DEI initiatives. Oh and now there foot traffic continues to dwindle as a result.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yeah, thirteen weeks in a row. Meanwhile, Costco went all in with di I, and yeteen weeks in a row their foot traffic is up.
Speaker 4: Weird.
Speaker 3: I mean that My favorite was that era.
Speaker 1: It's I it's a little bit gone, where like Bill Maher was held up as like the like left wing Tucker Carls or whatever, like whatever. All the Fox News like dickheads were getting like whatever. Their version of canceled was like they would always be like how would you feel if they came after Bill Maher? And it's like, good, Yeah, who do you think this is? I'm like, this guy is closer to Ann Coulter than Trump is, Like.
Speaker 2: He's that on his show many times very favorably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm like, what do you You're not watching that and that episode?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 2: Exactly, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Just sounding the third term nonsense all over again. Anyway, So hold on to your your cigar butts as you watch that, your stokes as Bill Mark continues to do his stuff. The other thing, though, in a normal universe, hearing about Meta's anti trust trial getting underway would sound.
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, wow, we're doing something here.
Speaker 3: We're looking at these big companies and maybe starting to break them up because of all the anti competition and anti competitive practices. Their trial has finally started as of Monday. Specifically, you know, we're talking about the buying out of Instagram and WhatsApp as a will to as a way to kill any competition to Facebook. Lawyers for the FTC say it's pretty clear Zuckerberg wanted to, you know, neutralize Instagram and thinks it's easier to buy out a company rather than compete. That's problematic and this isn't their analysis. These are Zuckerberg's own words he used in internal emails, like he's talking about neutralizing the threat of Instagram, that I'd rather buy out.
Speaker 2: I don't want to compete.
Speaker 3: Worst case scenario for nark Szuckerberg is that he is ordered to break up the company and sell off IG and WhatsApp. But luckily, as we've seen as many oligarchs have over the years or the last couple of years, he's been working on Trump to try and get this case.
Speaker 1: To go his way. He gave him a million dollars for the inauguration.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: Suckerberg even put Dana White on the board of fucking Meta. He settled a case with Trump and paid him twenty five million dollars to settle a lawsuit because they suspended Trump's accounts after January sixth, rightfully anyway, Oh and let's not forget that Mark Zuckerberg also got rid of fact checkers recently to really just let the you know, misinformation environment thrive. But yeah, this is all very I don't know, like, is this just a show trial or is this going to be like a thing where maybe he's Trump is just going to try and extract more concessions out of Zuckerberg and then have the decision go whatever way he needs.
Speaker 3: Because as of this moment, there are no Democrats that serve as FTC commissioners like they pushed out the last two a few like a month or two ago.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how this ends up in a way that is not beneficial to Mark Zuckerberg, although I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I mean, remember Eric Adams. What he tried to do with Eric Adams was Eric Adams voluntarily went and Ben Thony at marl Lago and then surprise, surprise, within a week later, you know, it was announced that there's gonna be no investigation. But Donald Trump said, you know, we'll see. I kind of lorded it. Oh that's what people don't forget. He kind of lorded it over him that if you misbehave, I'll come back for you. However, that was superseded by the judge. You pretty much said no, you know, what's done is done. And now Eric Adams kind of did it a play for play quid pro quote, where hey, you get this the Justice Department off my back for taking treats from Turkey, and I'll let I'll open up New York for Ice to come in and get all these undocumented. So I think the same thing's gonna happen with Zuckerberg and everyone else. You know, I'm going to extract from you loyalty and money. You're gonna do what I say or else. So I don't think anything's gonna happen in Zuckerberg. He you know, he bent the knee, he pledged money to the inauguration fund, He's praised Donald Trump, he was at the inauguration. And that's how it is a shakedown. It's like the Godfather rules and the only way to resist is to do that, just resists. But every every single one of them are bending any because they want to avoid litigation, they want to avoid being broken off, they want to avoid regulations and voila. So I predict nothing's gonna happen. He'll be perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: I got a feeling about this, which I don't know.
Speaker 3: This might this might be the one that.
Speaker 2: Gets sucker maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I do think also though, like even without all the knee bending and whatnot, it's like they're fucking Republicans. They're not breaking up anyone. They're not doing any antitrust anything. Ever, what do you look like another oligarch who's like, hey, bro, break them up so I can scoop that up. Yeah, there's like there's like, no no one, there's no reason they would do this anyway, So like.
Speaker 3: I mean, only if it directly impacted like a very close ally of Trump's. And they're like, in this case, is in a specific way? Yeah, but there's just no way.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But also they would have done this under fucking Reagan, Bush Bush whatever, like yeah, like this is this is what they do.
Speaker 2: And can we also uh you know, I I've heard first time I'm on the show, but you all criticized democrats also, Democrats allowed the rise of the brologarchy. You know, Democrats were hand in hand with these tech bros. And Democrats could have also put their foot on the lever to try to hold them account well, but they didn't. Yeah, and now you have something naked and shameless in the form of Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, I mean yeah, it's ugh ugh. And yet you see a lot of people like still pointing the fingers at people.
Speaker 3: They're like, why did you say Joe Biden was old?
Speaker 2: This is why we have Trump.
Speaker 1: It's like, uh, yeah, that's an interesting distillation of what happened. But yeah, even with the Eric Adams thing, I mean that judge with he dismissed the charges with like extreme prejudice, so that means actually Trump has no ability to sort of lord that over Eric Adams anymore, because the judge was so disgusted. He's like, this is so on its face transactional, like fuck all this, get it out of here.
Speaker 2: I'm done.
Speaker 1: I mean the other part of it, though, is Trump doesn't know that. Yeah, of course, and he can. And again he has the DOJ, so he can do fucking anything. Yeah he wants so. And that's the Eric Adams the greatest mayor in New York, the greatest, the greatest city in America.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You could take trees from Turkey, and they also have a delicious Turkey sandwich at.
Speaker 3: One of our steam delis.
Speaker 2: I love this city. I'm a Turkish delight, I mean New York delight.
Speaker 1: It's just so little money too, It's always a shockingly small amount.
Speaker 2: Yea, guys, yeah, yeah, well how.
Speaker 1: Is democracy this cheap? It's really Musk.
Speaker 2: Bought bought half of it for two hundred ninety million dollars, yeah, which is like for the dollar store. So yeah, right, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Hey you want what do you what you on? You want pick it out?
Speaker 2: Pick it out? You can get to today to Baba.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two, we're doing the podcast was good, was on fire today? We're doing great baby. All right, let's take a quick break when we come back. Katy Perry safely returned from outer space. Thank god for that, and also thank god for this Jesus Pixar movie that just came or not Pixar movie, fake ass Pixar Jesus movie. We'll talk about that right after this.
Speaker 4: And we are back.
Speaker 3: So, the the Blue Origin flight with the star studded crew including Katie Perry, Gail King, and Bezoss Beyonce, Lauren Sanchez, among others, went up up there into the Great Beyond for a little bit and came back and everyone is safe. Apparently this is the quote first all female flight crew in more than six decades to head to space. So I didn't I didn't even realize this is wait, so what was that sixty years in the sixties?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is this the same shit? Where like when they when they had the deep Water Horizon, like everyone, all the passengers technically have to be classified as crew to get around liability. Probably, I mean, I mean, like, in what sense is Katy Perry crew? Well, hold on, that's really unfair. Let me just tell you she was preparing Andrew, so please don't be flipping about this absolutely significant contribution to scientific research. In advance of the launch, Katy Perry was telling people she was preparing by reading Carl Sagan and learning about string theory. Okay, which may I mean?
Speaker 3: She was crewe for a flight that was fully automated and only lasted for ten minutes.
Speaker 2: And she also wore an eleven dollars setting spray to quote lock in her makeup during the flight, and she said it truly held. Wow.
Speaker 3: See yeah, and that's how I had too when they go, what was that? Oh, this is my brand that I just launched into space with me baby. She also held a daisy, I think to commemorate her child's daisy. So she brought a daisy and look, and now you went to space, just wondered. This is a quote from when she was talking about the lead up to this from Katy Perry, I think, actually, I'm really excited about the engineering of it all. I'm excited to learn more about STEM and just the math about what it takes to accomplish this.
Speaker 2: Type of thing.
Speaker 1: I was winding down from our rehearsal the other day and I was listening to I was listening to Cosmos by Carl Sagan and reading a book on string theory, and yeah, I was like going to bed. That was definitely like helping. I was Likeagoris, pythagoris, It says snoring.
Speaker 3: Parenthetical it goes on to say, but you know, I've always been interested in astrophysics and interested in astronomy and astrology and the stars. The first two were sciences, those were actual scientific those were bodies of scientific research. The other one that's a more vibe based thing but connected to the stars. And I do respect that, Katy Perry, that you tried to elevate astrology.
Speaker 2: I'm glad she didn't go on a SpaceX rocket because that would be a firework. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, ooh deep cut, deep cut, you know, they said. Gail King said, oddly enough, that she didn't sing firework or roar because quote according to Gail King, she didn't want to make the moment about herself.
Speaker 2: But she did sing.
Speaker 3: She covered what a wonderful world for her literally captive audience.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we are being destroyed by the dumbest people on Earth. It's like, really frighten.
Speaker 1: I mean My favorite evidence is listen and I Katy Perry's an entertainer. She does not need to be a mathematician. No, but just go up there like Chagaris is the first and often last thing that has the word theorem attached to it that Americans learn, right, and that shit is from when you're twelve years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, she should have just said, seriously, that's when you when like dumb, like stars try to like appear like they're scientific and smart intellect just be like, yo, bezos DM me. So you want to go on a rocket?
Speaker 1: I said, dope, I said, yeah, that thick.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was California Girl in Space. That's same, dude, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Remember remember that track I did e T Yeah, I was et for a second.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, I'm extra terrestao I again, great, I think. But yeah, to your point where y'all had like, there's just you can just be like, I don't know, man, I gave me a chance to go on a spaceship, that's cool. Rather like I was in the lab fucking looking at all.
Speaker 2: These theorems, some string theory I was looking at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, checking out what was going on with mercury rising you feel me? Uh, it was ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. Do you think when Katie Perry covered One Wonderful World she did it in a Louis Armstrong impression?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? May I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like hopefully Gail King would have shot her dagger eyes if she started doing that, She'd like, you.
Speaker 2: Are gonna do? She's stuck and take it?
Speaker 1: Do you think?
Speaker 3: I mean, like, if this is true, what the fuck is the I feel bad for the other people on there, were like, is she really like singing up here? Like can we just can we just all appreciate that, you know, we're killing the earth together.
Speaker 2: And we have to go back down there. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: They have to. I mean they're all this. I mean, this is exactly like deep Water Horizon meets the Barbie Movie. Like it's just like, you know, fake feminism whatever connected to the most evil people on Earth. And it's fine, Like they knew what they were getting into.
Speaker 2: That's right. It's capitalism for it's pr for billionaires exactly. They got played and used, just like Bill mart got played by Donald Trump. Yeah, yeah, you should just admit it. You should be like if it was me and I went, I'd be like, yo, a rich billionaire gave me a free trip into space or space ish is not real space and space Beverly Hills. I was aim space and I would never be able to do it. And I did it, and that's that it was.
Speaker 1: And I didn't fully understand the safety risks and I am fine, yeah, okay, And.
Speaker 3: Look I pressed a lot of buttons when I was in there, and nothing broke.
Speaker 2: You know, there's no.
Speaker 1: Way that past. Those passenger seats don't have a bunch of fake buttons attached to nothing.
Speaker 3: Oh it's like when you're on like a Star Wars, like you're in those.
Speaker 1: Maggie Simpson driving the car in the opening credits of Simpson's like, it's just fake, it's fake.
Speaker 2: Imagine.
Speaker 3: They're like, all right, all right, all right, Sergeant Katy Perry, on my on my mark, please hit the oxygen button.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Three, And did you hit the booster booster two? Hit booster t There's no way that's not right.
Speaker 1: There's just a bunch of there's an iPad that beeps when you touch it and it doesn't connect to anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean like that like it's wild too, because while there is like the like the Katy Perry's and Gales of it all, there's.
Speaker 1: Like Aisha Bow who's like a former actual, like not NASA rocket scientist, and Amanda Wind who's like a bio astronautics, Like.
Speaker 3: I wonder for those people.
Speaker 1: They're like, bro, I was going up there, she kept talking to me about fucking string theory. Yeah, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 3: I'm legit.
Speaker 2: It must just kill them, right, like you might kill them as they're seeing as NASA is being destroyed and actual science programs are being dismantled, that Katie Perry and Gil can get to go to space on a billionaire's rocket. It's just like the pain, the pain that they must experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's just got to be like a level of disrespect, Like it has to be existential, like especially for these actual bona fide scientists. They're on this rocket with like these very wealthy people. They go up and like Wow, this is great, and they're like, you guys aren't doing nothing while they destroy science in America.
Speaker 1: Well, but I do think that the evilist middle ground is I don't know these people, I don't know what they thought about this. But I feel like when I've seen other people in this position, they are always rationalized saying like, yeah, they're destroying the space program, they're just trying Earth, but like this is my chance to like change their mind right, And it's always like, you know, maybe the fucking flcio speaking at the RNC guy, I'm just like, no, man, what.
Speaker 2: If Bezos gave both of you a chance to go on the rocket? Way to do it?
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't advertise it. I got to be on with a lot of billionaires and I'm gonna do you all solid up there?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Moment, Yeah, but I just be farting in there, and they'll be at a.
Speaker 1: Hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm farting the whole time. They're not. They're gonna be like, what happened?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, myles, what was your resistance?
Speaker 3: I was stuck and I ate so much billionaires, Yeah, so much? Top they did for two hours.
Speaker 2: They very they.
Speaker 3: Don't know, they're somehow smarter. I'm sorry for that, but yeah, we we will see. It's twenty two because like like William Shatner went on one of those celebrity space rides in twenty twenty two. His reaction, like Katy Perry said, quote, she felt super connected to love when she was up there. This is what fucking Captain Kirk said when he went up with Jeff Bezos. It was among the strongest feelings of grief I have ever encountered. The contrast between the vicious coldness of space and the warm nurturing of Earth below filled me with overwhelming sadness. My trip to space was supposed to be a celebration. Instead it felt like a funeral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I interviewed him two years ago. What was on his birthday for south by Southwestern. I think he's in his nineties. You know, he's an interesting guy, but he has a lot of age, a lot of wisdom. He's a person who actually thinks deeply about life and also at this stage of his life death. So he actually gave like a profound answer. And then you have Katy Perry connected to astrology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hey, yeah, Look, different strokes, y'all for different folks, that's all we Hey, look, if you want to feel connected to love or the the cold, the vicious coldness of space, I mean there is a little bit of billionaire space washing here too. Because all this like we're going to colonize Mars like they're they are literally trying to make this seem like fun. And guess what, You're gonna die alone in the freezing cold that you've never like that is in our lifetime. Every Mars colonist is going to die alone. Will we see them get there? I don't know, will we see that? I mean, I don't think the engineering curently supports it. But when we're old, they're gonna send some dickheads of some bitcoin dickheads out there to try it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my god. But you know what the funny thing is is. I mean it's not funny, but it's actually if you study the proligarchy and what they are afraid of, they've gone around taxes when you when we were all grown up, we used to tell, like gen X and Millennius, the only two things guaranteed in death in taxes. But if you say that to like gen Z or Jen Alpha, they like, rich people don't pay taxes. So the really that's guaranteed in life is death. And they're trying their best to escape death and they can't. They did they ticked off the taxes box. Yeah, out to the death box. Mmm.
Speaker 3: They're trying, man, They're trying, really are.
Speaker 2: That's why they're all into AI is humanism, because you.
Speaker 3: Imagine earth, there's like maybe we go to Transylvania, maybe we can meet a vampire and get turned and then we can be, you know, immortal like them, and it seems like a fucking fucked up life.
Speaker 1: But fine, dude, it's as good as any of their other schemes. Yeah, I know, right, Like vampire just as plausible as yeah, must pivots from Mars to being like, we have to make real life vampires with immortality.
Speaker 2: And they only like they sell the vampires, like there's a tier of vampire blood. They're like they'll find a way to capitalize vampire.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, popping out saying it's actually a vampire.
Speaker 2: Yes, vampire.
Speaker 3: Actually we're gonna say it in the proper pronunciation.
Speaker 2: Pronunciation. I prefer to be identified as vampire human.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They're like, oh, you could only afford the sixty year life extension of that vampire blood.
Speaker 2: Uh, that sucks.
Speaker 3: Couldn't be me, broke boy, I got I got the millennia on this one.
Speaker 2: I'm on that one.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: They're like you're gonna see the end of Earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be worrying about the end of Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually you are too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then finally, uh, just with the box office so mine, the Minecraft movie continues to be number one. Kids are still losing their ship in the screenings on the Chicken Jockey.
Speaker 2: Uh, kids made me take them book. My kids made me taken and I felt so bad. I didn't know idea what was happening. And then I saw this happening all throughout the They just threw their popcorn and I just said that I'm like the poor, underpaid yeah teenage usher, yeah yeah, who have to deal with this?
Speaker 1: It's like, bro, you're making more work for your friends right now, and what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 3: It's wild to see how much copycat behavior like in the realm of social media, because like you had so many clips. I've seen these kids when the Chicken Jockey part comes out, they all have their phones and they're almost like trying to look around to be like we're doing the thing now right, Yeah, turn up even more. Very kind of surreal to watch.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Around four hundred and thirty four million has been made globally, from the number two movie was The King of Kings.
Speaker 3: Which we have mentioned before that this was coming out. Maybe it's a CGI kids movie about a time traveling Charles Dickens visiting Jesus.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's sort of like like an AI TMU, Pixar, Pixar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got Pixar, We got Pixar at Home kids.
Speaker 1: It really looks bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's bad. It looks like like shit. And I hate to say that about a movie about Jesus Christ. But the story the film's called The King of Kings, a story told by Charles Dickens.
Speaker 2: Why did they just do like the biblical version of Jesus. That would have been fine, The King of Kings, the story in Jesus. Yeah, I know it was the Charles dickensie and take on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no either did I. But so it was released by Angel Studios, which you might remember from twenty twenty two's Sound of Freedom, and as they say, it had the quote best opening for an animated Biblical movie, which seems very specific in order to give yourself a superlative achievement. But Deadline did note that I guess Prince of Egypt that came out twenty seven years ago is the closest thing that they're saying. I guess that is the one they're referencing because it didn't sew them in theater.
Speaker 2: That was by dream Works. Yeah. Yeah, I was like nineteen ninety eight. I randomly remember I got a free screening in college. So yeah, it took them twenty twenty seven to twenty years and not counting inflation to beat Prince of Egypt exactly.
Speaker 3: And again, you know, like the reviews are all over the place. One critic pointed out that the movie's message that quote it's wrong to profit from religion is somewhat undercut by the fact that it's a movie that's literally profiting from whatever Jesus saying.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I keep punching, I mean punching right for me by punching left from what people consider the center. Like every time fucking you know, a democratic democrat ish type person points out the hypocrisy of these people, it's like dog, yeah, yeah, yeah, right, this is they don't care. They don't care, that's not the point. They get to say it, and then most uncritical viewers of it will be.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, self.
Speaker 3: Awareness not really for me.
Speaker 2: Well, like the look you all fold that Sound of Freedom scandal. The dude who was inspired on apparently is a total fraudster doing the things allegedly.
Speaker 3: That yeah a yeah, like doing these weird romance scams, like we got to go undercover and maybe we should be intimate to make it believable that we're.
Speaker 1: Like whoa, no, no, no, this is all that.
Speaker 2: But you know what I've been I've been keeping an eye on Angel Studios for a while because I've been noticing they've been releasing these movies for a couple of years. In the first this week, in the second week are really good. Their low budget, they always make a big profit, right, So they have these niche movies, and I'm like, hey, this is like, if you want to actually make money in movies, you do these niche movies that appeal to either the Christian faith based audience, Latino audiences, and Indian South Asian audiences via Bollywood or horror movies. And now it's been fused with maga right wing politics, which is something we should keep an eye on. Like it's not separated. And if you think it's whack, I give you Sound of Freedom.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, I mean similarly to Sound of Freedom. A lot of people are like wow, Like a lot of people seem to have been going to see it obviously because it coincides with Easter. But again, like Sound of Freedom, they pulled a pay it forward ticketing gimmick where allowed people whoever who knows, maybe their own like their own benefactor, whatever, people are buying just large sums of tickets, and people can go like go to a pay it forward sort of ticket site, get a code, and then buy their action will ticket without actually paying for it. Yeah. Yeah, so the box novels.
Speaker 1: Can be inflated by a yeah don't.
Speaker 3: It's like the same way, like that people do that with like New York Times bestseller things like yeah, I bought sixteen I bought sixteen thousand copies of.
Speaker 2: It Jor's best selling book.
Speaker 1: I think that that is the thing that is sort of heartening about this stuff, is like because this is all they do, this thing because this is what they believe all marketing is is simply using getting aheadline plate the number. Yeah, but the reality is it's like that just makes this movie less profitable because like it's all this all this like pay it forward, all these like unused payd forward tickets. I would bet money they are being funded by the producers of this film.
Speaker 3: Oh right, I don't yeah, or they or they have other people.
Speaker 1: There's like a network where some people, yeah, there's other people are like, yeah, dude, you can count me in for like a million dollars worth of tickets. Sure, but like the ecosystem is not earning money because doesn't have eyeballs and interested humans, which is like again cold comfort.
Speaker 2: But you know what they do, right, They then get to Trojan Horse in quote unquote mainstream media that we are much stronger than we appear and the center right is forgotten by liberal media. And then you know, look, everyone talks about how they work the culture very well in twenty twenty four through podcasts and UFC and barstool. Sure, but it took them all that and this is the one positive Donald still barely won by one point four. Yeah, so they're always trying to inflate I think their their numbers and their reach more than they are. And then you see people like Bill Maher and New York Times always bend the knee, yeah because it's fun over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like those people are cowards. But the reality is they do not have the humans that they know the numbers are not there. The numbers are not there, so again cold comfort. But like when it's time to measure numbers of humans against another, numbers of humans in opposition, I don't know what that is called.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean the other the other thing they were doing too, is they were doing a kid's go free promotion, so like an adult could be like, oh yeah, it's cheaper than taking my kids to Minecraft and getting popcorn in my really stylish haircut. And that's awesome too, because that just helps remind your kids that they hate you and you didn't bring them to me.
Speaker 3: Like bro I had. All my friends are talking about whether. They were all showing their Chicken Jockey video clips turning up in the theater, and they asked where mine was, and I had to show them a scene from the Resurrection and Ship and everybody with tears.
Speaker 1: In their eyes The Resurrection with Charles Dickenson.
Speaker 2: If I took my kids to King of Kings instead of Minecraft, I think my son would like there would be like permanent damage done towards Oh yeah, he would.
Speaker 3: He would do the thing is like, Dad, I'm gonna call the city on you. Yeah, they're gonna take away anythink. But this would be like somebody's like, does Dad hate me?
Speaker 2: Why? Yeah? Why would you do that to me?
Speaker 1: He's like, well, Christian, why would he even do this to us? This is fucking what is this nonsense?
Speaker 2: It's mixed signals.
Speaker 1: Dad is dead.
Speaker 2: We were fasting for Ramadan and now you're telling me that Jesus is God.
Speaker 1: He's the truth.
Speaker 2: And then Charles Dickens is a time to have traveling prophet? What did you just think of me? The minecraft?
Speaker 3: That's how he knew is the best of times and the worst of times?
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, what is the theology of Charles Dickens? Is doctor who at.
Speaker 3: The Crucifixion of Christ?
Speaker 2: Is that really? Are you just making it up? Because the first time I've actually heard is that Charles Dickens is in this movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, apparently that is literally what is to happen?
Speaker 7: I thought maybe he wrote a story, But is Charles Dickens here? I will read you the Dickens This is the plot while Charles. While Charles Dickens is performing a stage reading of his novel A Christmas Carrol, his unruleased son Walter. Oh well, maybe one of your your.
Speaker 3: Pseudonyms uh disrupts the performance while playing King Arthur backstage and gets scolded by his father. On the evening, when Dickens returns home, he decides, on the advice of his wife Catherine to use Walter's passion for Kings to.
Speaker 1: Tell him about the life of the King of Kings Jesus Christ. Total youth passion was like, you know who the King of Kings was?
Speaker 2: Son?
Speaker 1: I mean, it has to be that they count on their audience to be literally so illiterate that Charles Dickens is the only author connected to a Christian thing in Christmas. You know, I haven't even I haven't even ruined it by telling you who lended their voices to this film.
Speaker 3: Do you know who played Charles Dickens?
Speaker 1: Who voiced Charles Dickens, Kenneth Branna, You know who voiced you know who voiced Catherine Dickens his wife Uma Thurman. You know who played King herod Mark Hamill. You know who played Ponscious Pilot Pierce Brosnan. You know who played Peter Forrest Whittaker, Caiaphas Ben Kingsley. Yes, this is good because all this fake money that's being used to inflate the ticket sales does have to be paid as a percentage to things like residuals, so like as they scam the fucking audience, they do have to pay these people. Also, there's no sure sign that we are in a recession. Then a lister's doing stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well that means they have like a few money that they give, right, that's that's yeah. You'll get good actors and they'll throw money at them. And these actectors have no idea what's going to happen in the future because Netflix is just like dumbing down all the content. So like, hey, go for two days for Angel Studios and get paid to play Charles Dickens.
Speaker 1: It is yeah, it is also true that like the fucking yeah, like it's it's just worth it for them to do this, like they have to do it, and something's keeping Hollywood afloat.
Speaker 2: I love it if they paid you both, would you do this and you do that? Way?
Speaker 1: I would have to be I would have to be Jesus. That's the only way. That would be my heart. That would be my bargaining chip. I'm Jesus, and then I would crash out before the movie came out to.
Speaker 2: Completely fuck it up.
Speaker 3: But how much Hey, if I can get on, you know, in one of these freedom cities and be protected one of them freedom cities, I think, Yeah, I mean as long as not if it's a U seven part hell no, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: If I'm about number two rules, Charles Dickens, you don't get Jesus, but they'll give you Dickens.
Speaker 1: Oh, I imagine how much is Jesus actually in this? Do you think.
Speaker 2: I mean he's in it?
Speaker 1: I mean, it ain't just all Charles Dickens is reading a bedtime story and Jesus I'm saying. I'm saying, but he's like a like a side character. It feels like this. Oh I forgot to tell you know who Jesus Christ was voiced by.
Speaker 2: I read that? What Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh man, this is anyway anyway? He and look just like Oscar Isaac bro He is risen, he is risen. Me up, dude, I can't handle this. I can't handle this Savior.
Speaker 2: I would play. I would only do it if they made me beat Jesus just so when people saw who actually voiced the characters, they saw brown Muslim voicing Jesus, and it would just mess with them for a long time, right right, and then they find out Muslim is believing Jesus, and it would just double mess with them, and then pexas would need to get another Coffer tattoo on the other.
Speaker 1: Well, well, joahead, Ali, thank you so much for joining us on the Daily Zeitgeist. Where can people find you? Follow you, support you, read you consume all of your work man.
Speaker 2: I co host America on Hinge with Francesca fiord Andani on Zato's YouTube channel, where we cover the first hundred days of the Donald Trump administration, where it's crisis after crises Tuesday Thursday, eight pm Eastern Time. I co host Democracy Ish with Danielle Moody, who would be awesome on your show as well Monday and Friday twelve pm Eastern time. And I write for the Left Hook dot substick dot com. It's the Left Hook and we have, like you know, started like ten months ago, no paywalls, everything's free or pay what you can. And we have now sixty thousand subscribers, which for me is big for other people don't. But no, that's been amaze. That's big. That's big.
Speaker 3: Is there a work of media, social or otherwise that you are enjoying.
Speaker 2: I just finished I binged and saw season six of Black Mirror, and it was actually a very strong season. Oh I don't know if you've seen it before, Like there are there, there's a lot of heart turggers in there. But the scary part of Black Mirror if you just see you know, if you see the first one, is you see it and you're like, it's really sad, it's grim, but you're like, you know what if they actually discovered the schnology which doesn't seem that far off, this is how billionaires would exploit it and bring about misery. So it's getting a little too close to like reality, which is making Black Mirror very uncomfortable for me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just reading or I heard an interview with the creator of it, and he was like, I'm not trying. It's not like a warning. He's like, I'm just very scared and I just write about it through this is how I express my fear.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I've each one of them is plausible. Man, Like you we we used to see Black Marrot. I've been seeing it for a while ten years ago. Even the technology wasn't there, and I was ai, You're like, yeah, if Elon, Musk and Bezos get their hands on this, this is exactly what they would do. Yeah, yeah, wow, I haven't. I was.
Speaker 1: We were just talking the other day off Mike. Everybody that works on the shows, like I stopped watching After the Band or Snatch Choose your Own Adventure one or I think when that came out, I was like, I can't do all this, bro, I'm I don't need I can't do interactive TV like this and also just gonna freak me out. Now, okay, thank you so much with jah hit. What about you, Andrew? Where do they find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you?
Speaker 3: And what's the working media you're enjoying.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I deleted all the social media apps off my phone. It's not on my account to be media. Yeah smart smart, I'm you know Andrew t podcast as yo as as racist. We are thinking about doing a PIT watch along. I know the season is over for for Suboptimal Pods, our premium section. I will say this, here's my hot take, and this is spoiler free because this is what I wish the finale of the Pit was. A Pit is a medical drama. That is I think you know everyone's saying it's the most accurate modern medicine possible. But if that were true, the last hour of the season would have just been everyone doing paperwork in silence, just sitting there asking what the medical code for a luryngia scope is that kind of business? I hate the fuck this new system.
Speaker 3: Why did they switch to this new system?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Tapping them?
Speaker 3: Sorry, guys, we were just bought by another healthcare system and they moved us all to their software and it's it doesn't make any I don't.
Speaker 1: Know why they did this.
Speaker 3: They won't make me feel like that every time I go to the doctor, like a new healthcare system bought us a network and now just give me one second.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So the pit pretty good until the finale, which again should have been paperwork.
Speaker 2: Only there we go.
Speaker 3: A work of media I'm liking is from at brendelboard dot Besky dot social post. It is pretty wild to think of Barack Obama sitting with someone from Central America and going, well, I think it would be a good idea to send American citizens to your secret prisons and the media just being like, oh, okay, that's dope, man. Anyways, how about tariffs, because that's yeah, that's kind of what's going on right now, Holy shit. You can find me on Everywhere at Miles of Gray. You can find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Myles and jackot Mad Boosties.
Speaker 1: If you like ninety Day Fiance, which is way different.
Speaker 3: Than the news, you can catch me talking on four to twenty Day Fiance. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode right now wherever you're listening, and that's where you will find the footnotes, and that's where we link off to the information we talked about today as well as a song that we are going to ride out on. And with that the song we're going to go ride out on. As I've been ongoing on my DJ journey, I was listening to look timeless track by Brand Nubian slow Down, and then I was like, wait, I want to hear the actual sample that was the real track that they sampled for slow Down by Brand Nubian, That's what I Am by Edie Brikell and New Bohemians. That's a track we're going out because that like that that guitar lick, it's got something to it, and so shout out Brand Nubian for using it the way you did. But we're going to go out on What I Am by Edie Brikel and New Bohemians. For more of this, look the Daily zeit Geist.
Speaker 1: There's a production by Heart Radio, so for more of that, check out the Heart Radio app, Apple Podcasts or where you get these things for free.
Speaker 2: That's going to do it for.
Speaker 1: Us this morning. We'll be back later to tell you what's STrenD in. Until then, Bye bye. The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Law.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, edited and engineered by Justin Conner,