Speaker 1: You found it the Second Aid Update podcast. Thank you so much for being here. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, of course, and we do want to remind you that for the first time ever, we have Second Date Update merch.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't miss out on it. Yes, it's so cute.
Speaker 1: It's designed by legitimately like a world renowned ski and snowboard designer.
Speaker 2: Which is pretty sweet.
Speaker 3: That's super cool.
Speaker 2: That makes us look cool, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, only I could ski snowboard good, but you know, and even cooler is one hundred percent of the proceeds. We don't see a penny of this go to Convoy of Hope, which is a fantastic organization still trying to help people rebuild their lives after the LA wildfires. So they're amazing so much are being here. That link for the merch is in the show notes right now. And hey, enjoy a Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update date when you meet someone and you chat with them for just a few minutes, but there's an obvious connection there and you have a lot of fun together. Can that be considered an insta date or do you need to have like an official meet up for it to count.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, it could be a hangout, it could be the first meeting, but it's not a date, which is a conversation.
Speaker 3: I disagree. I think it is like an instidate is considered a real date because I've had many, many experiences that you wouldn't call a buy the book's pre prepared hangout, and next thing you know, all the paper towels are gone from the dispenser and you're both calling the maintenance guy asking for assistance. I don't expect you guys to understand how fun works, but you just leave that to me. I'm just saying I think that counts. And that's why we got in touch with one of our listeners who said that she had an instidate recently. Her name is Amanda.
Speaker 2: So are you the clingy one in the relationship like Jeffrey is Amanda?
Speaker 4: I guess we'll see right.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, you and I are on the same page, Amanda. But for my clue out co host over here, why don't you tell us what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I met this guy Z a couple of weeks ago my friend Claire. Her job is super cool and trendy and they usually have like a happy hour like a work happy hour.
Speaker 2: Oh, Like her company is one of those that like as much food.
Speaker 1: As you want all the vacation time, and they constantly drink together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Her friends are much coower than me, but that's why I went. Okay, And like I said, I met this guy, Zach, and he was extremely good booking And I don't usually go up to guys. But I mean, it just was the atmosphere we went to, like this traditional cowboy bar.
Speaker 2: Traditional that's funny, a dive bar.
Speaker 1: Probably one was like line dancing and country music and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the bar stools were a horse saddle and there was a merry ground. Yeah there was.
Speaker 1: There was.
Speaker 4: Now it's a real.
Speaker 3: So you said that you were the one who actually went and approached him, Like what did you What did you do? How did that interaction happen?
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing. I went next to him, so I wouldn't say that. I you know, I kind of gave myself a little more credit.
Speaker 3: But you want to look like you were too aggressive with it exactly.
Speaker 1: But it's a good move, right, Like somebody stand in the bar, you go stand directly next to that.
Speaker 3: I imagine bumping into him by accident over and over.
Speaker 4: Well that worked because we ended up talking. And here's the thing. I didn't know that a lot of people like to ride horses really until social media. You know, like I thought it was more of a thing that like.
Speaker 3: Just your and I thought it was more just musty.
Speaker 1: Wait if you do it, because she does like probably you know, she's like a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's not a Western style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're into horses and you didn't expect him to be also.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so we got we started talking and I brought up a story of when I was younger, and it was going so well that he ended up sitting some of his drink out because I made him laugh so hard. Oh really, okay, yeah, it was just about I brought up a story when I was younger, my favorite horse. He was like slower, he was older, and he was kind of chubby, but they called him waffle face.
Speaker 3: Waffle face, they called him, well, that was the name of the horse.
Speaker 4: That was the name of the horse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love, And that's what made him laugh so hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, must have had to have been there, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: So you guys bonded over horses. That's cool, yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And unfortunately he said he had to go, so it was like twenty thirty minutes of us talking. But right before he left, there was this Britney Spears song that came on.
Speaker 2: It's a country bar, just a Louisy and a girl.
Speaker 4: Do you remember this song? Hit Me Baby?
Speaker 5: When Yeah.
Speaker 4: Started doing the dance and he started, he followed me, he was doing the same dance as I was doing it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's an obvious sign of attraction. When a guy is mirroring you, that's a sign that he's actually pigtails the skirt on all about it?
Speaker 1: Did you check in with your friend Claire because Claire works with him, right, Like, that's how you guys all met.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So here's the thing. Right before we left, I was brave enough to ask him for his member. Okay, I was like, it's not every day that someone dances like mirrors you dancing?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I did. Well, let's help because I this is where you guys come in. I texted him a couple of days after and he said he was busy but that he wished that he could hang out. So I waited a couple of days after that, and you never text me back after I texted him again. Yeah, and so you brought up Claire and I asked her and she doesn't know. So it was a friend of a friend.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I see. So it's not someone that works with her that she could Okay, well we have.
Speaker 3: Some information to work with here. We're gonna play a song come back and call your horse Love and Cowboys? Zach? Can I request that we don't blame the Britney Spears song.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would love to hear it. Are you joking me? I don't want to dance.
Speaker 3: I just want to see what this horse loving guy has to say when we ask for a second date. Is it going to be a ya or a name?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a funny.
Speaker 3: We'll do a second date update. Next second date update. Saddles for seats, boots for drinks, and a mechanical bull that's been out of order for the lad decade?
Speaker 2: Why am I always have order?
Speaker 3: Seriously, sounds like every single country dive bar within a ten thousand mile radius. So I just described there. But that's where one of our listeners went recently. Her name is Amanda, and she met a very well put together, good looking man named Zach while she was there. The two of them vibed over horseback riding stories and even danced to an old Britney Spears song in Like I said earlier, this was an instandate. It wasn't something that they had planned to meet up beforehand. They just ran into each other. So we don't know if Zach is technically even single or what's going on. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: But he texted her back that he was excited to see her.
Speaker 3: He said, like, I wish I could see you. Also, I wish I could see you. It means I can't see you because I.
Speaker 2: Have a girlfriend. Why wouldn't you just say that.
Speaker 3: Because dude still like to be hit on. We're going to call him and we're gonna see what he meant by that. And Brooke, you've been skeptical and bitter throughout most of this so far, So what are your thoughts before we reach out to Zach?
Speaker 2: I mean, I just don't want you to be too invested, Amanda.
Speaker 3: You know that's hopeful.
Speaker 1: Well I don't.
Speaker 2: You know, It's like what my mom taught me. You know, you you plan for the worst, hope for the best.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: That's a good lesson, mom. Want household to grow all right, Amanda, how are you feeling? You feel a little optimistic?
Speaker 4: I I definitely am. But like you guys said, that has been something that Claire and I have been discussing, and I mean it wouldn't put it past him because he seems I mean, he's such a catch.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, Well, let's get some answers from horse Love and Cowboy Jack. Zach.
Speaker 1: Oh you should be Jack though, it's a much better all.
Speaker 3: Right, Zach. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 3: You gotta remember that, Zach, Zach, here we go. Dollar's number right now? Hey? Is it Zach? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: He Wait?
Speaker 5: Jeff what how do you know that?
Speaker 2: It's Jeffrey?
Speaker 4: Is this is Jeff right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? What's up? Why are you? Why are you calling?
Speaker 3: I'm calling from a radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I know what you do.
Speaker 1: We talked about it one night.
Speaker 3: What what's wait?
Speaker 2: You're starting to freaking out? Are you joking? You don't know this guy?
Speaker 3: We know each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know Zach from a far We met like a month ago.
Speaker 3: Are you just every week?
Speaker 4: I do not remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hey, Jeff, why why are all these people on the line?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, radio shows at work and we're we're doing something right now, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so you're just doing your show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's so awkward.
Speaker 5: That's that's cool, man, that's really cool. We should we should hang again, you.
Speaker 4: Know last time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why are you so red?
Speaker 3: Jeffrey, I don't know any Zach. Let's talk to Zach. We need to talk to you about something else.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: We do a segment called a second date update.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: And there's Brooks stop. There's a girl named Amanda who reached out to us. She said that she met you at a happy hour the other night. Okay, hi, Zach, Oh yeah, so that that's her. This is like a This is more of a business calls.
Speaker 2: How it normally goes normally do it? You have one flustered host over there.
Speaker 3: Amanda wanted our help to find out from you if you would be interested in seeing her.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're so, you're saying Amanda called you to call me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how this works. It's called a second date update.
Speaker 5: So this is just this is just like a random thing. That's the only reason you're calling.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just for our listener. Amanda and not for anything else.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: This is kind of new for me, but I felt like we had just great energy. I feel like we clicked.
Speaker 3: Remember, Zach, you guys talked about horses.
Speaker 2: At the Country Bar.
Speaker 3: At the country Bar.
Speaker 4: And remember Waffle Phase, her favorite fat horse.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, yeah, I was just having a normal conversation.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got a long great Amanda.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean and I.
Speaker 4: Alone.
Speaker 2: What was wrong? Are you not attracted to Amanda?
Speaker 4: And I know she was? You're very beautiful? Oh thank you. I'm really attracted to you too.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, she's coming out and saying it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 5: I don't know that's what I said.
Speaker 4: Uh, I know you're shy, Zach. I just figured maybe I could take the reins here and jump fue on and see.
Speaker 3: Little cowboy reference, Zach, how does that sound?
Speaker 4: I'm not shy, see comment. You are riding horses, and so do I. We were dancing to Britney Spears.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, you know it's like his responses. You seem really you seem really cool, and it's it's kind of like, you know, if you know, if I really wanted, if I would have reached out right, I would have found you know, like, Okay, you seem great. Uh you're you're not You're not quite my type.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's very clear at least, Zach. Are you disappointed in this phone call?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Greatly?
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, yeah, I did not see this coming. This is all making sense now.
Speaker 2: Though it does make it makes sense.
Speaker 3: You have to explained, you know, with just like the interest in horses and the Britney Spears dancing, and I.
Speaker 4: Think Mac you told me that, like I can change my hair if I'm not like if this color is not okay for you, like.
Speaker 1: You don't mind the fashion tips it's yeah, okay, So Zach, this isn't for.
Speaker 5: You in so many ways?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Is it just because you're not in the right spot or that maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go with that one.
Speaker 1: And I say that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: Do you got to finish it?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: You gotta ask a second date to do my job over here.
Speaker 3: So what we do on this segment, Zach, is we offer to send you and our listener out on another date. So that would be you and Amanda going out and we would pay for it.
Speaker 4: Yes, thatch, come on, it'll be a blast. I'll change what I wear, like I don't. I just feel like our energies too good to give up or to ignore, So please give me a second hand.
Speaker 3: Zach offers on the table.
Speaker 5: I think you need to be more blunt, Amanda Gurly, Now, I don't change your hair.
Speaker 4: Don't change your hair for some guy. This isn't grease.
Speaker 3: I like, I love all right, Yeah, well we should probably stop talking. You should hang out with Zach Moore, I think so. I just I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, I will be expecting a front cross from here.
Speaker 3: Don't do that to me. Okay, I'm lending this now that's your second dated. Yeah no, now, definitely no day. We're out of here.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.