Speaker 1: You are listening to Rich on Tech. I'm Rich Demiro. This is the show where I talk tech and give you the inside scoop on all kinds of cool tech news, apps and websites. Plus I help you get the most out of your gadgets by answering your tech questions live What is going on? Welcome to you, Thanks for joining me. I'm Rich Demiro, tech reporter at KTLA TV in Los Angeles. You can learn more about me at richontech dot TV. Welcome to everyone watching on Facebook Live and welcome to you listening no matter where you're listening from. Thanks for joining me. I love having you here. I know some of you guys have seen this show before or have tuned in. Probably a lot of you are new as well, so you get to see If you're on Facebook Live, you get to kind of see the nitty gritty behind the scenes. But if you're here listening on the podcast, I clean it up a bit and make it sound just slightly better. I'll take your calls in just a little at three one zero five nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. So start thinking about what's going on in your life. What's going on in your tech life, specifically that you want to ask me about, because I will do my best to help you answer those. I want to talk about Tesla real quick. So yesterday was depending on when you're listening, but this is yesterday. Last night was the big Tesla unveil. So Tesla unveiled a semi truck and didn't work out for me to be at the event. I was invited. I did not go, basically due to some circumstances around my job and kind of timing of the story and all that stuff. But I'm still excited for what Tesla has and I think the semi truck is interesting. But the reality is, when it came to me covering this, I think there's a lot of people out there still waiting for their Tesla Model three. And so you have Tesla already now promoting this new semi truck and then this new roadster that's supposed to be, you know, the follow up to their original roadster, and I'm sitting there wondering, well, wait, a second war is my Model three? And when I say my Model three, I don't mean my Model three. I mean all the people that have ordered them, and Tesla said they were going to do like five thousand a quarter. They've only made like two hundred and sixty of these things, and they took a lot of reservations. So the semi truck is cool. But to me, it's like, come on, let's concentrate on getting this stuff out that people have already put their thousand dollars down for, people are waiting for. Some of these people aren't going to see a car for a good two years from the time that they put down their money. To me, that's kind of crazy. But I will tell you about the semi truck. This is a brand new Tesla electric semi truck. It can go zero to sixty and five seconds compared to fifteen seconds with a diesel. And this is the interesting part. They say it can climb five percent grades at a steady sixty five miles an hour, where a diesel truck max is out at forty five miles an hour on a five percent grade. It's also more responsive. It can cover more miles than a diesel truck in the same amount of time. And they are saying it's going to integrate with passenger cars better. So I find that really interesting. I mean, I think what they're doing here is pretty awesome. They've got two touchscreen displays inside. This thing looks very futuristic. It has navigation, blind spot monitoring, electronic data logging. Here's the other thing. They've got to build new chargers for these semi trucks. So now these are called mega chargers. So you've got the Tesla, you've got regular electric car chargers, then you've got superchargers, and now you have mega chargers. These are going to add about four hundred miles to the truck's range in thirty minutes. But now, don't forget they have to build all these things. They're not built. When it comes to safety, the semi does not jackknife. Apparently it's got some onboard sensors that detect instability and react with positive or negative torque to each wheel while independently working all the breaks. So that's really interesting. And you've got autopilot, automatic emergency braking, lane keeping, lane departure event recording. And here's the other cool thing it can do. It can travel in a convoy, so you can have a bunch of these semi trucks all following each other like a herd of elephants, and there you go autonomously, so you only need one driver for like five or six trucks. How crazy is that it can go five hundred miles on a charge at highway speed and filled with a bunch of stuff. And Tesla says that eighty percent of freight in the US is moved less than two hundred and fifty miles, So that's kind of interesting. I didn't realize that, because you would think that freight would be moved, you know, across the US, like they ship things from you know, New York to LA. But I guess now that I think about it, most of the major companies have like regional factories where they make stuff like Cheetos and stuff, so they don't really need to ship those. You're not getting your Cheetos in LA from New York, getting them from a factory somewhere in the LA area, I'm guessing. So here comes the when can I get it question? When it comes to the Tesla semi five thousand dollars deposit and production is in twenty nineteen. So twenty nineteen is two years away. Well, it's only a year away. But here's the thing, you really think these are going to come out in early twenty nineteen. Probably not. We're looking at the end of twenty nineteen if they can even do that. Full mines are open. Three one zero five nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. You're listening to Rich on Tech. We're talking about the Tesla Semi. They also unveiled a roadster, and this is a car that's supposedly going to be the fastest car ever in the world. And you know, I was a little cool on Tesla. Before I did my Tesla test drive. I took a They loaned me a the pretty much their fastest Tesla Model S car, and it was phenomenal. It really was. It was It was so fast. When you accelerated, you just literally went back in your seat. Three two three you're on with Rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have this question. Maybe you could help me out. I have an iPhone six S. It's a sixty four gigabyte but I know it has nothing to do with my iCloud. But every single time, once in a while, I'll always get this pop up that'll say forty four weeks that you haven't backed up this and you need more iCloud storage. And I don't really want to purchase like the extra memory for the iCloud, and I'm just trying to see maybe a different alternative to try to like get this annoying pop up to just stop popping up.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, to buy the ninety nine cents. So here's the thing. There's a couple of things going on which you should know about. Number one, a lot of times you don't actually need the extra iCloud storage. What's happening is if you've upgraded your iPhone, Apple is keeping an old backup in your iCloud, which is taking up a lot of your storage. So the first thing to do is go into your iCloud and go into your backups where it says like manage storage and look for your old backups, Okay, and that's the number one thing to do. So once you like on mine, it kept saying that same exact message, But the reality of it is, I just needed to delete my old backup because a lot of times your old backup has a bunch of stuff in there you no longer need once you have a new phone. That's the first thing. Second thing I would do is go into your photos if you don't want to use iCloud and just use Google Photos and offload all your photos there, or you can choose another one. You can use Flicker if they're still around, you can use Microsoft OneDrive. There's so many different things that you can use to offload your pictures and keep them off your phone. So I personally use Google Photos and I don't use the iCloud storage for my photos. Now, believe me, when you go to turn this off, Apple's going to make a huge deal and say, hey, okay, we're going to delete everything you've ever done on your iPhone and just you have to make sure everything's backed up first before you believe that. But the reality is they're not going to delete everything. But yes, your pictures will go away. Ncloud. I think that's what's happening to your system. And I think if you get rid of the old backups and offload the pictures, I think you're gonna be okay. So good question, Thanks so much for calling. Leave me that first segment already in the can you guys, so I'll be back with more after this. I got lots of stuff to talk about. We have new phones, we've got pixel buds, we've got oh my gosh, there's so many things to talk about. In the tech world this week. So I'll be back in just a little bit to talk about more of that and take more of your calls. You're listening to Rich on tech Live. Welcome back to Rich on tech Live. I'm Rich Demiro. This is the show where I talk about technology, answer your tech questions, and tell you about all the cool stuff that's happening in the tech world. Let's just go right back to the phones. At three one zero five nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three four one four you are on with Rich. Yes, good, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: iPhone can X.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's gets struck like sometimes I can use like no, nothing's disagree.
Speaker 1: Nothing is working on which one on the iPhone ten ten X? Yeah? Yeah, on which app?
Speaker 3: Or apps?
Speaker 1: Oh? Interesting? You know, I've sort of noticed on the iPhone ten that there are a lot of bugs. And I've been using the iPhone ten for a little bit and I'm telling you it's a beautiful device, but there are a lot of bugs on this device. And here's the thing that's happening. I notice, especially in the corners of the phone, that anything that's in those corners can sometimes be tough to manage or tough to actually tough to actually use, and so if buttons are in the corners, I've noticed that they don't always respond to my fingertip. So I think that it's a matter of things need to be updated, a matter of the iOS being updated and also the apps being up dated. So I think things are going to be okay eventually, but right now, it is definitely an interesting experience on the iPhone ten or X, whatever you want to call it, because of all the updates that need to be done. So yeah, so I would say my advice to you is just hold tight and hopefully you get you'll get some of the updates that we need to make this phone a better phone. Speaking of phones, one Plus announced a brand new phone. Have you guys heard of one Plus. This is a brand that's out of China, but they make some really nice devices and they've they make some of my favorite Android phones. Some of my Android phones that I love are kind of the clean Androids, like the Pixel and also the one plus. This is now the one Plus five T. The only thing I don't like about what they're doing is they're coming out with phones way too fast. They just come out with their last phone like six months ago, and now they have this one one plus five T has a six inch screen, it's an O led screen, it's got an eighteen to nine aspect ratio. It's got a display that adapts. You can see it out side. They move their fingerprint reader to the back, and now they have the same regular camera, but now they have a better secondary camera, so it gives you better low light pictures. And if you never heard of one plus, check them out because they really make some nice devices for the price. This phone, sixty four gigabyte, starts at four hundred and ninety nine dollars. It'll be available November twenty first, and it's got an amazing design do I have? And it's you know, they move the fingerprint reader to the back, which is really nice. And it's if you're thinking of a phone, I'm telling you don't want to get the iPhone. You don't want to spend all the money on the iPhone, and you don't want to spend one thousand dollars on a Google pixel. Definitely check out one plus OnePlus dot net is their website and they're doing solid stuff. It's a great device. It's got a great camera, it's got great software, and now they have face unlocked too, so you can use your face to unlock the phone. They say they use one hundred identifiers to unlock the five t different than the way that Apple's doing it on the iPhone ten. But it's a really nice phone, very smooth, and I think you'll be happy with it. So check out one Plus if you are thinking of getting a new smartphone. Phone. Lines are open three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. I'll never forget. I was in an uber in San Francisco and the guy had a one plus and I was like, wait, what phone is that? It is the first time I ever saw it back in the day. Sixty six one, you're on with Rich? Who am I speaking with? Hey?
Speaker 3: Rich, It's Greg from the Antelope Valley.
Speaker 1: But what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: I'm hoping, uh, Santy will bring me a three sixty camera? What are your I'm hoping not to spend a whole lot of money, but something with you know, fairly good quality.
Speaker 1: Ooh, three sixty cam? Are you gonna be? Do you want to standalone three sixty or do you just want a three sixty cam that connects to a device.
Speaker 3: Yeah, either either or I was looking at the uh I think it's by say I'm sung and it kind of looks like a little robot. M yep.
Speaker 1: Do you have a Do you have an Android device?
Speaker 3: No? I have an iPhone okay, so.
Speaker 1: That one works with iPhone as well. So there is one that's uh, there's two that I like. So the one that you have, the one that you're talking about, is the Samsung Gear and that one is really nice. But the other one I really like is the Insta three sixty. So that's the other one I check out, and they sort of they came up with it there. They make a really nice one. It kind of connects right to your device, so it pops into the lightning jack, which is kind of neat, whereas whereas the Samsung one is standalone by itself and you just you know, you offload it via Bluetooth or Wi Fi. So I would check out Insta three sixty dot com and see what you think about THEIRS. I've used THEIRS and I really like it. It's just it's slick because it's just it just pops into your phone, so you don't have to carry anything around, you don't have to worry about it being charged. It's just really nice that way.
Speaker 3: So oh and as far as the price, uh on.
Speaker 1: The Insta three sixty, uh, you know, let's see how much that one is. They're not that expensive. I think it's like, uh, well, okay, this one is expensive because they have they have various models. The newest one is three hundred dollars, but they have an old one. Let's see an older one that is I think a little bit less, and that one, yes, two hundred dollars. So ok And if you look at the Samsung Gear, I think the let's see Gear three sixty, that one. Do you know how much that one's running? Uh?
Speaker 3: No, no, because I think they just came out with the new one seventeen as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a new version of it. So there's two of them out there right now. And the new one is let's see how much this one is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Interesting, they have the old one, I know is highly discounted and a new one. Okay, new one's two hundred bucks. So so yeah, I would look at those two Insta Insta three sixty and then the Samsung Year three sixty and see which one you like better. They're both basically the same price. I kind of slightly go towards the one that sticks into your phone because it's just a little bit easier. But you know, you can do either one, so see which one you like. All right, guys, rich on Tech dot tv is the website. If you want to learn more about me, I'll be back with more of your questions. Welcome back to rich on Tech Live. Thanks for joining me. I'm rich Dmiro and we are talking about all kinds of fun technology. A bunch of things happen this week in technology, and one thing that is really fascinating to me is what's happening with the smart home devices, especially the Google Home, which I've got a couple of in my house, and they activated a new feature it's called Google Home Broadcast. And this reminds me of back in the day. At my house, we had an intercom system and you can, you know, use it to talk from room to room and from the front door. And nobody in my house used it, obviously because nobody it was like an older house, but it just you know, I thought it was awesome and nobody knew how to use this intercom pa system whatever you want to call it. But I did, and so I would use it to, you know, say things from room to room, talk to my parents downstairs, whatever. And now you have a Google Home basically letting you do the same thing. So Google Home Broadcast is a news service from your assistant on Google Home that lets you broadcast your voice to all your speakers. So let me tell you how you can use this. So if you have a Google Home in your house, you can say the code word, which is mmmmm, which I can't really say it because mine will go off. But it's the letters O and then K and then the search term goog l E and then you say broadcast and then whatever you want to broadcast, and when you say that, it will take your recording of your voice and broadcast that to all the other speakers in your house. So I did this the other night when it was time for my kids to read. I said, all right, uh, okay, Google broadcasts it's time to read. And there goes. So it said it's time to read kids on all the other Google Homes throughout my house. How cool is that? I love it. You can also say uh, now, yeah, there cos it's broadcasting. Now you can also say okay, Google, it's dinner time and they ring a dinner bell on all your Google homes. That's really fun. And you can also from your phone. I'm not sure. Yeah, I know, thank you. But the other thing you can do is from your phone if you have the Google Assistant, either installed or on your phone, if you know, if you have an Android it's kind of built in if you install it on your iPhone, you can open up the Google Assistant app and then say, okay, Google broadcast, I'm on my way home. And next thing, you know, all your speakers in your house will say that even if you're outside of your house. Isn't that fun? So and I know you're like, oh, I would never need that, but I'm sure you do this, you know, with if you're a significant other or your kids. You know, you're leaving an appointment or whatever, and then you that's I'm sorry, Angie. I know, Angie said, you're making my Google Home go off. That's why I try not to say the words, but sometimes it was tough not to. But yeah, you can do this from outside your house. So if you're leaving an appointment, coming back from the dentist, whatever, it's still broadcasting. You can just do that I think this is really fun. It's rolling out right now, it's online, it's probably on yours, and the Google Home is going to be one of the hottest products this holiday season for sure. I think it's the best one out there. I think it's better than Alexa. I think it's better than anything we have. If you want to spend fifty bucks, and they're going to be cheaper this holiday season, I think they're going to be like thirty dollars, I definitely get one of these things. The Google Home Mini will will be your best friend. It's such a cool little device to have around, So check that out, all right. Phone lines are open three one zero five to nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. And yeah, I try not to when I'm talking talking about this stuff, actually say the terms like the A word. You know, Amazon's female name. I guess I guess she's female, right, and then the the OKAG word because these things activate people's stuff like crazy. So yeah, guys, re enter for the charger. If you're on the Facebook Live you can re enter as well. And I'll talk more about that in a minute. But the phone lines are open if you have a tech question three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. While we're on the subject real quick of smart things, I just want to tell you about something that I really am obsessed with that I love. It's the idea of these smart plugs. I've got a couple of them around my house and during the holiday is great thing to have because they can turn on and off your Christmas lights or any of your decorations or whatever you want. Basically, and now I home, you know them, they make all those products. They have an outdoor smart plug, so it's this forty dollars. And most smart plugs right now I know are inside, so they're mostly rated for indoor use. But this one is for outdoor use. It's forty dollars and it goes, it can. It's designed to withstand the elements control outdoor lighting decorations, small appliances up to eighteen hundred watts. And this one is also Apple home Kit. So here's the thing. There are there are many competing home automation smart home stuff. So you have Google Assistant, you have Alexa, you have home Kit, and there's also there's another one, but no one's really using that at this point. But basically, well, Samsung has one too, But the reality is all these are competing because the smart home is the future, and if you have products that work with these other smart assistants, people want to buy them. So if you have a Google Assistant, then people are more app to buy the Google Assistant products that work with that because you can activate them. Most of the time when I'm seeing the trend is that they're not choosing favorites right now. So for instance, this iHome smart plug works with everything including the A word, the G word, home Kit, Nest, and Wink, so you can basically control all these things from your voice. And for me personally, I'm I'm kind of on the Google Assistant realm right now because I'm really liking what the Google Assistant does. I think it understands your language in the most natural language possible. So when you give a command, you don't have to say, please turn on the bedroom light number two. It will understand if you just say, hey, turn on my bedroom lights, and it will turn them on. It's very smart like that. When I had Alexa setup, i felt like she was much more specific, like I had to say specific things to her to make her work. Properly, and it's fine. I mean, once you learn the syntax, you kind of figure it out. But the reality is, I think Google is a little bit easier. So I'll put all these links to things I talk about on my website. It's Rich on tech dot tv. You're listening to episode number two zero six of the podcast. Angie Ford in the chat room says, our curve TV's worth it. My guy really wants one. I'd say no because they sort of went out of fashion. They were, they were huge a couple of years ago, and now you never see him anymore. So you might get a good deal on them during Black Friday because they're trying to clear them out. Two six two you are on with Rich. Can you lower the Facebook behind you so I can hear you? Two six two you're on with Rich.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah, I was just putting ask Rich what does he know about the Wish app about ordering stuff through Wish?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wish okay, good question. Where are you calling from?
Speaker 3: We're Sine Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Wisconsin? Okay, a good question. Caller wants to know what about the Wish app. So. Wish is a popular app on iPhone and Android, and it basically sells a lot of stuff and at really cheap prices. So you can browse through Wish and just see a whole bunch of stuff that prices like I'm talking a dollar, you know, two dollars, three dollars, four dollars, whatever, and a lot of people like this app. It's super cheap. It's like one of those things. It's like scrolling through your Instagram feed, but you can buy stuff for really cheap prices. But here's the catch. It ships from China most of the time, and so the reality is it takes a long time to get your stuff. That's the biggest complaint about Wish. So what happens is it's so cheap that you kind of forget you ordered it, and then next thing, you know, six to eight weeks later, it will show up on your doorstep, and you wonder, how can you get something like an iPhone charging cable for a buck? Well, let me tell you. When I was in China, I could not believe how cheap this stuff was over there. So the iPhone cables I saw, I mean I'm talking every color, every imaginable type and size or whatever, they were all a buck. I couldn't even believe it. They sell them for the same exact cables for twenty dollars. Here in the US. There's a lot of markup on these tech products, so Wish is it's fine. I mean, you know, I'm sure it's very hit or miss. So the app is wish dot com if you want to download it. I personally would probably not shop from something like this because I'm kind of an Amazon guy and I just want to get my stuff fast. And I also I think a lot of this stuff it looks cool, but it's kind of cheap, so you definitely want to just keep that in mind when you're getting this stuff. All right, good question. Thanks for calling from Wisconsin. Never been to Wisconsin, Wisconsin or Wisconsin, I don't know. But you're listening to rich on Tech Live. Thanks so much for joining me. Website is rich on tech dot tv. If you want more information about everything I talk about here, we'll be back with more of your questions after this. Welcome back to rich on Tech. This is the podcast where I talk about all the fun stuff that I am seeing happen in the tech world and also answering your tech questions. Let's go right to the phone lined nine four nine. You are on with Rich nine four nine. What's on your mind? Hello?
Speaker 4: La, Hi, Hi, Hi, This is Cindy. I have a question. Sure my daughter recently she crashed her phone. She has an iPhone seven and I call insurance. We have insurance, but they said I have to pay to work two twenty five. What's your advice for me? Whether it go with them and I have to turn in her crass phone, or should I just go buy a refurbished phone?
Speaker 1: What kind of phone?
Speaker 4: So if you can the seven seven, iPhone seven okay?
Speaker 1: iPhone seven okay. So your question is your daughter messed up her phone and they want two hundred and twenty five dollars to repair it through the insurance, or should you just buy a refurbished phone? So an iPhone seven? If we look online to see how much that costs. Let's see. So let's buy a iPhone seven with device, would you like? I'm on gazelle dot com. This is a website that buys and sells phones. So you've got an iPhone seven. They are going for about four hundred and eighty nine dollars on the uh yeah, four hundred and eighty nine on the cheap end. Anywhere from four twenty nine to four eighty nine. So basically, the insurance company wants two twenty five, you've already paid into the insurance. I'd say, probably go for it. It's gonna be cheaper than getting her a new phone. And I know it hurts, but I would say get her the get her the two hundred twenty five dollars, and get her a case for that device as well, like a better case. So I like cases from Tech twenty one. I like cases from Incipio otter Box if you want something that's strong, But you got to get her more than just a case that looks nice. So because those are not going to protect her phone in the way that you need them protected. Realistically, when you're talking about protecting an iPhone, the case has to have a little lip over the screen because if the screen hits the ground, it's probably gonna break. And some of these fancy cases that just look nice, they don't have the protection that when your phone falls flat on the ground, the screen is going to hit the ground. So you definitely want a case that has that comes up almost over the edge of the phone a little bit, and that's kind of a lip, and that will protect your phone much more so if you have that insurance, I know, two hundred twenty five dollars a lot, but you've probably also been paying into that insurance as well, and that's the thing. So the better thing, I mean, the insurance thing is a tough one because it's so expensive. You're paying for the insurance the whole time, and then when you actually have a problem, you have to pay even more to use the insurance. So it's tough. We're in a tough place with these phones because they're getting so expensive that whenever there's a problem, you realize just how expensive they are. Three one zero five nine four three zero zero three three one zero five nine four three zero zero three. Let me tell you, guys about a new travel app I tried out the other day. It's called hit List, And this is a new app that it's it's pretty cool, it's kind of promising. It just came to Android, it's been on iOS for a while. And the way it works is you pop in where you want to go, and it gives you ideas on when to travel, the times to travel, and it finds really good flight combinations. So the website is hit List. That's the app. Go go find it in the iTunes Store or the Android Store and see what you think about it. I'm I'm a big fan of all these travel apps because you kind of want to find one that works for you. I really like my Hopper app, and I of course like Google Flights. But this is a new one. I'm gonna add this to my list. It's called hit List, So check it out if you're looking for a cheap flight. Spring Break is just around the corner. I know crazy four one four you are on.
Speaker 3: With rich him Christ your.
Speaker 5: Right, I have a gals six. Maybe tell my trage up. The valley guy is so fast? Is there a way I can keep it charge up for like they usually say like three or four days and give me charge.
Speaker 1: Took forth So it used to hold a charge and now it doesn't correct. Okay, So here's what i'd recommend. So you've had this phone. If this is an S six, this is okay. So number one, I'm sorry to tell you this, but the Samsung Galaxy S six never had a good battery. So even from day one, out of all the phones I've tested, S six, for some reason, the battery just drained on that thing really fast. So it probably worked for a good amount of time to you. But the reality is it's never worked very good, and I know that's frustrating for a phone. I would say with this phone, the only way to rescue it at this point is to probably format it and start over. And I know that that involves deleting everything off the phone and reinstalling your apps one by one, but I think there's something happening there where the old stuff is kind of mixing up with your new stuff, and it's just there's a lot of stuff hanging around on this phone.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: If you don't want to do that, I would recommend, in this order go ahead and delete any app on that device that you don't use. Then I would make sure that all of your apps are updated. Then I would make sure you have the latest software update on that phone, and then I would use an app that I like called HTC boost Plus. And this app is free, and what we'll do it will basically go through your phone and kind of clear out all the junk. But yeah, it's one of those things where the S six was never good to begin with, and it's just a problem because it's it's just not good after all these years. So hopefully it answers your question. All right, five six two, you're on with Rich.
Speaker 5: I'm Rich.
Speaker 1: My name is Ramon calling from Downy Hey, Ramone, how you doing great?
Speaker 5: Love your show?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Thank you question. I have an s A plus and I was looking at the decks. Is that worth it to get that?
Speaker 2: Or what is a plus is having that deck?
Speaker 1: Oh? Good question. So Dex is from Samsung. This is a little device that you plug in your phone. It's basically a little kind of what would you call a doc that you plug your phone into your Samsung Galaxy Note and the essay in the essay plus No. Eight and it's a doc that connects to a big screen like a computer screen, and it turns your phone into a big screen computer and you can do a lot of stuff on this thing. I saw. I saw the demo twice and it's quite impressive. Now I haven't seen the big pickup of it. I haven't seen a lot of people using it, but I think that people that have it are generally happy, and I think at the price, it's not a bad investment. I don't know if it can replace your computer forever, but it's kind of a cool device and what can you do on it. Well, you can surf the web, you can do your emails, you can do you know, you can do almost do everything you can do on your phone, obviously, but on a bigger screen in a nicer way. So I haven't heard a lot of people that have used it. I think it's one of those sleeper kind of things that it's going to get better as it goes along. But it's a fun thing to have, and I don't see why you wouldn't want it if you just want to carry your phone around and you know, then you can dock your phone in your office and just have a nice big screen to use with it. You're not gonna be able to do everything that you could do on a real computer, but you can do a lot of stuff. And so yeah, I don't think it's a bad thing. It's not one of those things that came out and people were like, you know, wrong answer. Yeah, now that I have these sound effects, I'm gonna use them. But I think that at the same time, it's something that not that many people know about and not that many people are aware of, but you know about it, so I don't know, check it out all right, good question, Thanks so much for calling in. Today. I appreciate it. All right, man, that's going to do it for the show. Can you believe it already? Wow? That went fast?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: All right, thanks so much for joining me on rich on Tech. Hope you guys enjoyed doing this as much as I did. And I think I got a good podcast on this thing. You can find me weekdays on the KTLA five Morning News. My segment airs around five fifteen, seven fifty and nine thirty am. Definitely check out my website and bookmarket It's richontech dot tv. I'll have links to everything I mentioned here on air. And don't forget to subscribe to this podcast. Just search rich on Tech in your favorite podcasting app. And two most important things you can do, tell your friends about it and write a review in iTunes. And if you write a review on iTunes, I'll give you a high five when I meet you in person. How about that. I'll do that, and that way people can find the show as well. All right, that's going to do it for me. I'm rich Damirol. Thanks so much for listening. I will see you next time.