Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 2: Are we rolling right now? Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to episode one ninety three. I believe right, one ninety one ninety three episode one which we are. I'm pretty sure it's one ninety three, ninety three or ninety four.
Speaker 1: I was really hoping this would be a clean we go. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: This is one ninety three. So everything that SAI in the beginning is correct. This is episode one ninety three of Bus with the Boys. We have an outstanding podcast for you guys today. We have a podcast with two of our great friends and staples of Nashville, Tennessee, mister Jelly Roll and Ernest Ka. But before we get into that episode, we need to talk to you about the most durable, reliable vehicle on the road. Playoff pictures are starting to emerge, some shaky for some teams, some not so shaky for others, But one team has already won it all. That team is Chevy, and it's star player is the Silverado, a truck with unstoppable grit and determination. According to JT JD Power, Chevy trucks have earned more New Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand. And that's some serious hardware. Do us a favor. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about the Silverado, which is as strong and dependable as the people have drive them. And if you're thinking about that hardware and what you want to do, you can go to you can visit jdpower dot com Slash Awards for all their award information. Listen, that was a good ad read, by the way, a little bit of ad libbing there too, which I usually.
Speaker 3: Which That's what I was impressed with the most is when you looked away from the screen you said a couple things. And for those who are interested in the awards, you go back and then the Dorado the great determination.
Speaker 2: Reading is definitely a thing that I am you're getting.
Speaker 1: I'm working. Appreciate that.
Speaker 4: We got to stop with the normalized dudes typing dudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we gotta.
Speaker 3: Stop with the like I'm in the box of a bad reader, like thank you maybe at one point in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the box is open and there's a lotter and I'm about to get out of that thing. I'm about to crawl out of there.
Speaker 1: Dude. Uh.
Speaker 2: This podcast reminds me a lot of the Midland podcasts. There's a lot of chaos going on at times. There was definitely more organization in it though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's cleaner, Like you know, Burne and I would talk back and forth when you and Jelly were talking about and forth at times, but not as not near as chaotic as Midland stuff. But it's just a good old fashioned like I think it's their what fourth or fifth time being.
Speaker 1: On the page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have got to be the ones that come on the pod the most, and it's I mean, when you come on that many times in the chemistry, you're in for a good little deal here, boys and girls, you are gonna really enjoy yourself.
Speaker 3: And one thing I'll like listening to all of the two that I absolutely love is just the audiences and fan base is like knowing that Jelly's audience.
Speaker 1: Fucks with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 1: It's just it's super fucking cool man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I know, like a lot of people they listen to Jelly stuff now because a I was listening to him on the pod, I didn't know he was like that, Like, it's just we talk about it. Trust me, we give enough flowers around on this podcast. But it's proud of Jelly.
Speaker 2: Dude, right, And I don't know if we canna do this on the YouTube right now, but if you guys could pop up the new songs that Ernest is releasing. I think he released three new singles. He has three new singles coming out. He plugged those a couple of times. I would love to me forgot. I would love to give him that. And then obviously Jelly he just released the song. She and he had a song he sent to both of us that is really good. I don't know if it's out yet. I think it's called something about prayers, but songs are fire. Both those dudes are fucking on fire in the music industry. Could not be more proud of them as friends watching them succeed, it's been incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll get into the podcast. Is a nice what two and a half hour podcast you guys are in for. Yeah, I say it at the end of the episode, but this is next week is going to be the best of all the boys were off enjoy the holidays and everything else. So all the all the best of moments throughout the entire year. If you're new to the podcast, you'll be able to catch up that way. It'll be a fun time. But happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, all the fun stuff.
Speaker 1: The boys love you. Subscribe to us.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're subscribed to the YouTube channel, start dropping comments now. We can never have enough of those things. But enjoy your Christmas, man.
Speaker 2: And yeah, there's a big twenty twenty three coming up for the boys, and you guys are the one they're gonna They're gonna put some big twenty theres are putting the gas in this fucking bust for us, dude, because we have a big fucking twenty twenty three coming up.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be amazing. It's gonna be fucking amazing.
Speaker 2: And I we like we say all the time, but it can never be said enough the appreciation we have for you guys listening to us tuning in every single week.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I was in La yesterday watching the Titans with the Titans and people are out there with the fucking bus flag out there yelling the boys, screaming.
Speaker 3: Dude, the little clips that the reporters out on you so if you just hear it in the back.
Speaker 2: They just they just fucking rolled, dude. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: So thank you to you guys.
Speaker 4: I hope you guys have an incredible holiday.
Speaker 1: See with our whistle, big bust and bourbon.
Speaker 2: Yeah absolutely, and oh do we do you even talk about that? We went and did uh that day tour where we went to three liquor stores. We haven't even talked about that because that happen. Yeah, there's a vlog coming out this week.
Speaker 1: We went.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we went to three liquor stores.
Speaker 3: Sold that at all three.
Speaker 1: We had no idea, We had no idea.
Speaker 2: We legit went into the first one and cool springs thinking, damn, hang on.
Speaker 3: Flogs coming out, foalks coming out. Yeah, see the flog still that at all three.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there are little people there were fucking awesome.
Speaker 4: Dude, it's fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: Enjoy whis dope, and if you can get the ship, get the fucking whiskey. Enjoy the episode, but get the whiskey, dude, because it's fucking elite.
Speaker 4: It's elite. We'll do a shot right now.
Speaker 1: I'll take it away.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that noise. Oh god, you are now entering nirvana. I don't even know what nirvana means.
Speaker 1: Sounds nice.
Speaker 3: When you buy do we have a are we doing a whiskey? I mean when you when you drink our bust and bourbon. You're gonna taste a little heat up front, did you not? I don't, And these boys have heard me versus this enough. You're gonna taste a little heat up front and very smooth going down your throat. Again, think of a hammock in the backyard on a on a Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yep, and it's gonna finish warmly.
Speaker 5: It's price where I am right now on the top of your gut, and it is so dude, it's a lovely experience. And that nervousness you get in the beginning makes that ending amplified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two times, three times. It's incredible, dude. Let's get into the episode. Just a little bit blast and then we'll run this game time on them.
Speaker 2: Absolutely good, you guys. Looks fantastic on that couch.
Speaker 1: By the way, I feel really good about it. Actually, what's in that? Just a bunch of lemons?
Speaker 4: Okay, I was like, that looks like creek water.
Speaker 2: Lemon similar, So a bunch of lemons. When you say a bunch of.
Speaker 6: Lemons, there's a lot of lemon.
Speaker 4: Well, got a lot of lemon on it.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of lemons. Trying to figure something else. I was like, that's a lot, dude. Listen.
Speaker 7: I know I say it every time every year, but dude, God damn this thing, dude, I mean this place it looks like a garage, like you know, but like for fucking alcoholic frat kids or something. But it felt like real garage though, you know what I'm saying, Like when you walk in here, like Mechanics was back there working except for his fucking all your misfit friends editing videos playing video games.
Speaker 1: In the front.
Speaker 7: There's an entire palmade stand. It's fucking wild out here.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 7: We need to spend more time talking about what's happening off the bus.
Speaker 4: What are we talking about if you're not looked over there? Which the last time you bus with the boy's HQ right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, last time you were here with.
Speaker 4: Me, Yeah, it was one of the three of us today.
Speaker 7: Like, dude, every time I come here, I'm like, it's a hole that they've.
Speaker 6: Got bigger building space, more ship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's this is almost this is almost a retail space at this point.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Every time I like, come with the fucking bag son.
Speaker 3: You know, Jelly comes back anytime he gets flowers. He's very good at giving flowering.
Speaker 2: He is the great. He said, a palm made station. I don't know what a palm made station is neither. In my head, I'm like, damn, we do one of those.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, yeahs.
Speaker 3: Fu last week tailor shout out no free shot out of the week was to you. Yeah, Taylor threw some very good flowers to the boy I.
Speaker 4: Did, Buddy, I did.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: I guess we can go into that right now, because you had not only yourself selling out Bridgetown Arena, but you had all the boys out there too.
Speaker 1: Green Arn was there. Who else came out?
Speaker 2: Chris Young, Chris Young, Sam Hunt look key, I don't know Sam Hunt, but like I feel like we're always one person removed. I feel like Samuely doesn't do much, Like he doesn't. He keeps to himself and he does his own things. So you guys, you get Sam.
Speaker 7: I was like yeah, And you know what was even crazy? He came the day after his birthday, really showed up to rehearse that day on his birthday.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is wow, that is crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because like I'm not doing nothing on my birthday but drinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in my in My shadow no free shadowed. I was like when we went we were on the side stage where you first went up, and you you sang. I think you went hard on three songs right away, like banging him out, bang bang bang.
Speaker 4: Will standing there like jaws on the floor. Yeah, yeah, we're going.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was a Bieber concert wile bro Wild.
Speaker 2: So you finished those three songs and then you like take a moment, you like sat there and you like look down and the people start going jelly jelly. Fifteen thousand people fucking losing their minds.
Speaker 1: We call that you looked up garthing. That's garthing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, garthing s Garth.
Speaker 1: Always do that, Garth. But I'll tell you, Garth, we're going.
Speaker 4: There and soak it up and the people will give it to him for five to ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh that's more.
Speaker 4: Borgan garthed a few times this past year. Yeah, he's just walking around like then you go to the other side and you go then you raise the mic like you're gonna say something. Don't you lose it?
Speaker 1: Got out of there again? Is that what you were doing? Thinking? Then you were in that moment, so you soaking it up? For sure, you were soaking that shit in.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 7: Because my first show of twenty twenty two was at an eight hundred cap.
Speaker 6: Club in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 7: That was how I started my year, and my last show was at the Bridgetown Arena. So you're just having a moment where you're like, what the fuck happened this year? Like, dude, let's talk about this. I came on this bus two years ago before the deal was signed, because we talked about a little bit on the podcast, and then afterwards we spent some real time out there, like, boys, I'm really fixing a sign of deal. Yeah, it's in a swing for the moon here. Me and Ernest got this song I played, y'all son of a Center. You remember all this happenings two fucking years ago because I sat back and watched that podcast the other day just to kind of see where I was in my life.
Speaker 1: Then I was like, holy shit.
Speaker 7: From that to the bridge Stone, it was probably fucking the wildest stretch ever, dude. It was unreal crowd, like a baby that's right on the streage like Michael Jordan mean, just fucking balled.
Speaker 6: I was like, there's fifteen thousand people here.
Speaker 7: There were thousands of people outside that just showed up on a whim like they were gonna find a ticket. Like the fucking nineties, dude would be out their scalping twenty dollars or something from you fucking nuts, dude.
Speaker 3: It was a totally different I mean in your home city, dude, Like on Town, I remember a real crowd.
Speaker 4: It was like a real crowd of real people all across the board. I didn't mean to cut you off, but like I was saying yesterday too, bro, like every walk of life was in there, singing every word. And people that have rocking with you since twenty ten, twenty eleven, they were all in there, half of them backstage with us. And then people that just got turned on the jelly row like three months ago, four months ago, and they buy into it so fast because it's so authentic. And that's why I said to folks at night too, is you say it every night on stage. I make music for real people to go through real shit, right, Real music for real people to go through real shit. And that's quite the blanket of people that can relate to that, and like you know, have gone through.
Speaker 6: We had a locker room that would be my studio was a locker room. That would be the quote, Yeah, you tap it before you go out.
Speaker 7: Real music, real people, real shit, you know what I mean? Like that would be the quote that's been my mission statement from day one. What he said was the real thing. We'll talk about real inside baseball here boys. The fact it was a real sellout, Like it's a list country music artist in this town that have to pay for that room.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? That room?
Speaker 7: It's like when you give away three thousand tickets for ten bucks, or you let the radio station give away five, six, seven hundred tickets, like you know what I mean? Like you just like you call companies like Pinnacle Bank and as a good foot forward, you're like, hey, we want to give you twenty five tickets to the insert country celebrity here, yeah show, because you can't you don't want to. Everybody comes to the Nashville show. What we were talking about, Yeah, yeah, any genre. But this is like a like we say, it's like a tale of two Nashville's right. Like for the business side, people come to Nashville to see a show like you would go to New York to see a show or la Like business people like record labels and radio and all these partners, like all these you know, people that work with you are all coming to Nashville, like, Oh, we want to go see such and such in Nashville.
Speaker 6: They're like, well, fuck, we can't.
Speaker 7: We can't let them find out that you only sold seven thousand tickets. We got to find a way to get four thousand people in this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We got a paper the room four thousand extra. Yeah, that is a wild fucking deal.
Speaker 2: And like when we sat here the first time in the shed, in the back of an abandoned church, you were literally telling me how you watch the Music City Miracle from Juvie. Yes, now you're firking lost. Like that's the most wild ship to comprehend ever. Like you're literally living in a world where, like children like Will and I grew up dreaming about playing football, people grow up wanting to do something extraordinary. You've truly done something extraordinary. Regardlesslet's say it all ends right now and everything shuts down. Everyone goes, hey, Joey, we were like, it's it's over for you.
Speaker 1: You've won the game. Like you've won it, dude, And it's incredible.
Speaker 6: No, it's fucking unreal. Taylor was just having like a journalist moment there, but I was like, what a segue.
Speaker 1: From juvenile? We gave all the money to juvenile? That's wild. Every single penny, every penny, dude, and that's incredible. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I'm allowed to say the number, but Live Nation, who has been a great with us this year, is putting up a crazy.
Speaker 1: Amount of money with it. That's all.
Speaker 7: I wish I could say the number, and if I can, I'll shoot it to y'all in post.
Speaker 1: But uh, it's in.
Speaker 7: I couldn't believe it when I cause they were like, we want to do something to show them that we believe in the calls and that we think him helping that risk youth is really cool and if he's really going to give up all this money, we want to help. I mean, we're talking about an impact too. Think about so now it's a double impact, Like the whole city's there.
Speaker 6: It's a moment. It's fucking It was like the prolem I never had.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, the homecoming out and it was like, you know, you're up to just all that's going through and then you're like, dude, that I'm actually going to give back to that same facility that I watched The Music City Miracle from. Like, I'm going to give right because the week of the show, so we're shooting a Hulu documentary right now. I don't know if I'm allowed to say it, but fuck it. I always talks up with the boys. It'll be on Hulu next year, god willing. And the week before the show, they took me back to the Juvenile to my old cell to go see the cell that I was in for like those sixteen seventeen months, dude, And like the best part was the I only agreed to do it if it wasn't on camera. I was like, I don't want to do that for camera, Like I need to go in there and feel that myself, you know what I mean. I've been talking to the kids, I've been working with you and Ow for years, just quietly, you know what I mean. I'm not the guy that goes and takes the picture with the five thousand dollars check. The only reason I did the publicity of it for the Bridgetone was I was hoping to create awareness to the calls. Somebody gave me perspective about charity. They're like Hey, man, it's not about getting credit for it. It's about you pointing to something people don't think about. And how many people think about the kids? You know, we women fed them on Thanksgiving. Don't nobody think about them kids on Thanksgiving? It's just not shit you think about There was a thirteen year old kid and they're away from his family on Thanksgiving for Burglary.
Speaker 1: Sad Man. You know what I mean, just shit.
Speaker 7: But man, I walked in that cell, Taylor, I didn't even cry. I was just so filled with pride. I never felt the feeling of like proud. I've never been proud of myself for anything ever. I've been mostly disgusted with myself ninety percent of my life. You know what I'm saying. Walk in and you're like, I feel to build a studio right here, and this facility like a big boy joint.
Speaker 6: I'm finna build one for an aftercare program.
Speaker 7: We're fixing a get with Robert Cheryld and Impact Youth Outreached to have an aftercare program for kids, aftercare counselors, trade work. We're gonna try to bring Barber colleges to the stuff next year. I mean, we gotta, we got I got like a five year plan to put like forty million dollars into at risk youth in Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man, my plan, that is incredible.
Speaker 3: Dude, What would you when you did go back to the cell that you're in. What is something that you feel like you would have told your young stelf back then sitting where you are now.
Speaker 6: That's a good question, Willie, Dude, it's a double sided question.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you the real part.
Speaker 7: The first thing you think of is you want to look at them and go You do not know how much pussy you're gonna get you.
Speaker 8: Nobody's not coming, buddy, Buddy, there's so much pussy coming your way.
Speaker 1: Don't even worry about that. It was just like this, whoa, whoa wrong? If you've got nothing myself.
Speaker 7: Remember, he's fifteen, he's fat. Shit obviously wasn't going well for him. He's in juvenile He wasn't getting hit on a whole bunch. The chips were down, dude. You know, it just looked like it wasn't gonna work.
Speaker 1: And that was the beginning.
Speaker 7: You're gonna hit a lot of pussy and you have no clue that this ship is gonna work out, yo.
Speaker 1: I swear you know what, I would tell the opposite of scared strength exactly where you're supposed to be. Congratulations, you don't deserve to be here. Yeah, I would, I would know.
Speaker 7: I swear I would tell him too that because I have my you know, i'd write a bunch of raps in there. The biggest thing i'd tell him is, hey man, you have no clue how many lives you're gonna change with that piece of pen and paper, Like, please know the power that's in there, because he's always the.
Speaker 1: Depends more powerful than the sword.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 7: I never understood that until people would come to me like your music got me sober, you know what I mean. It's like I just wish I could convey that to him too, like like, hey man, that's going to change the world, dude.
Speaker 1: And this is only your sixteen year old summer. It's not the rest of your life.
Speaker 7: Because I want to paint this picture for you when you're fifteen or sixteen and you miss a semester of school.
Speaker 6: What did you miss if it was the front half of.
Speaker 9: School, homecoming football season season, little football season. Yeah, some of the first semester, probably Christmas too, Thanksgiving, Miss Christmas is over, spook October. That's a big things are piling up, right, You're missing a lot of shit.
Speaker 1: Schools, homecoming.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think about it now at a as a thirty seven year old man, a thirty year old man.
Speaker 1: Right, we look at I'm thirty, thirty damn the older kid forty.
Speaker 7: Yeah he's great, fuck you, fuck you. But now we look at six months like through it, right, you know what I mean? How we all have different points have had to spend six months recovering, you know what I mean? Like it's like, oh, dude, for me, it's like I'd go do six months in jail right now for you. If I could have the choice for any one of the people on this bus that I love, there's like either Taylor's got to go for six months or somebody's got to go for them.
Speaker 6: I'll be like, well, I got six months to kill. I don't tour till July.
Speaker 2: Like fu, ain't god, brother, I'm not trying to go jail for nobody.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 1: I'll be getting cooking. The whole world's over. That's you.
Speaker 7: You know, you're behind a whole year in school, you're not gonna make up that whole first semester academically that second semester, so.
Speaker 1: It bleeds into the next summer.
Speaker 7: Like the I would tell them, the world is not and that's what I'm telling these kids when I talk to them.
Speaker 1: The world's not crumbling the way you think it is.
Speaker 7: I know in your mind that it's over for good and that this is the only you know, like, there's no hope you can get back on track because it's not sixteen months flashing the fucking paying Dude, you missed a single football season. We're gonna get you out here, get you back on your grades, get you back in the gym. You'll back next season stronger than ever, with a better mindset. You don't feel that way at fifteen. That's what I wanted. That's what I would tell him. It's like, hey man, because I started making bad decisions, just like, oh, well, I'm already fucked. Yeah, you know what I mean. Nobody ever sat me down like dude, you're not fucked, dude. The first time I went to juvenile was like gone eight months. So like, dude, you lost eight months in your life, Like, relax, You'll be okay. You know, but nah, I just kept doubling down that shit doubling down.
Speaker 2: Dude, reps, baby reps, baby reps. Fay, We interrupt this podcast to bring you game Time. Game Time is the exclusive ticketing partner of Barstool. Give the gift of an awesome experience this holiday season with game Time. If you're nervous about your president, your president won't arrive in time or simply forgot like your boy does all the time. Seriously, that is a big issue for me. Game Time tickets get delivered to your phone and inbox instantly.
Speaker 1: You messed up.
Speaker 2: You got to call a hell Mary early. Game Time is the one for you, dude, and on that.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: Like, if you're in a pinch right now, get a ticket that might be in January February.
Speaker 1: Like the gift is this showing the screen this gap.
Speaker 2: Or get an envelope, print it out and get a little envelope by by game time. That is a that is a real deal. If you haven't given game Time a shot yet, now is the time. We've been using game Time all year and went to we said before we went to South Carolina for Tennessee. Sorry, Jackie went to Michigan, Nebraska name Notre Dame. I'm sure plenty of people were using game Time to get tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did jay Roll in South Carolina to.
Speaker 2: Jally Roll concert too. Oh I'm saying, but people were Yeah, people, people probably used that a lot. All right, download the game Time app, go to the account tab to create a log in, and we're deem code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Term supply download game Time app, last minute tickets, lowest prices, those are guaranteed with that. After you subscribe, on subscribe and resubscribe, you can go back to this episode.
Speaker 1: When you go.
Speaker 2: So when you go to juven you're giving all this stuff back to like at risk kids, juvenile Attention Center and stuff like that. Do you think the system that's in place when you were in there is actually helping? Did that help you be better rehability or rehabilitation? Was that like a something that was better for you or was it kind of like I know it can be better and so we should make it better type of thing.
Speaker 7: I think back then there wasn't as focused on rehabilitation as they are now. They were actually focused on like discipline, you know, they treated it like it was like jail. And I think a fifteen year old kid, I don't care what he does wrong. He doesn't need jail. He needs rehabilitation, he needs mentorship, he needs love, you know. And I'm glad that the system has changed. Mims Hockett, who's been there for twenty five years, has been at the forefront of changing that that paradigm shift. But I think that that's the real problem with juvenile is that a lot of times these facilities are still focused on discipline, you know, and you're already dealing with a kid who's anti authority by nature, by product of environment. He's already been raised to be anti authority, you know what I mean, And then you're trying to double down on discipline, where what he hasn't felt a lot of in his life is love. He hasn't felt a lot of consistency and care. That's what we need to focus on, is giving these kids what they haven't been given. That's why they're in here, you know what I mean. Like slamming the door on them, locking them in their sale twenty two hours a day, no programming, that's not helping the kids, like it needs to be a constant output of love and wrapping your arms around these kids. And I think rehabilitations what what we want. That's where we want to sink our money to. Right. The music is the front side of it, because, like I told people, I didn't know what else to Bring're like, Jelly, do something for the kids. I'm like, I know music, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, straight into what I know now. I'm hoping that it.
Speaker 1: You know, the other money's going towards hiring people to bring in trade work and you know, the.
Speaker 7: Stuff that I don't know, life skills they teaching in school like you're doing anything, was really a crow to help to try to get people to help, right, you know what I mean. Which, by the way, you know, not on the spot, we'll talk about a separate but you know, I need y'all to come through and do me a favor this year at some point because we're going to start leading a monthly program up there, and I want to change it every month. So maybe one month, y'all come and talk about athlete. How y'all went from being athletes and podcasts and in paralleled and you know whatever. Just come and tell your story, he said. Kids are so motivated nobody ever comes in and just says, what's up. Yeah you know what I mean, just your presence, just a fucking full blown athlete, and they will blow their mind like, oh shit, because there's a I went there seeing to do the other day that was fourteen with a beer black yours.
Speaker 1: Dude, No shit, I'm jealous, and I'm looking like a ten dollar bill in there. Yeah, make that twelve year old run on the football day. Yeah he's got a mustache.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't look at that guy's Instagram and that man is actually fourteen, Like I was looking at.
Speaker 1: Twelve twelve rut the jilt.
Speaker 4: He is not started in twenty twenty, so he would have been ten, and he looked like a ten year old. That was like getting a head start. And then it was like, well it was like summer twenty twenty one. This kid went from being ten to literally twenty three and like about to take my girl and like yeah, dude, like oh my god, he had the end. The man's the fake tattoo on his for He's like, dude's committed to the bit, right, Like yeah, yeah, yeah, I look thirty three. I'm doing fake tats, can't I'm not eighteen, can't go get real test?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, how tall is he? Probably tall?
Speaker 3: You know, the internet is just had fun with it as tall as me. Just because the kid has a mustach, he's got their big dog and everybody.
Speaker 1: On the ball.
Speaker 7: I was somebody today that acted like him and like a baby ground bud. We're gonna hit each other or something, do a drill.
Speaker 4: You remember the unit? You remember UNA? Oh yeah, I always played. We'd always played UNA. Of course you play for flat rock balls.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: I was with the.
Speaker 4: Grassland Eagles and the Brentwood Blaze, but Yuna Mookie played for UNA. We play against them Orleans. But like dude, there was just always somebody on UNA that looked twenty one years old and they were returning all the punts and they were playing quarterabits.
Speaker 1: About was their their culture scared you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, like they would have the jerseys so this is in the back of Antioch, right, they were called the Uni Bears.
Speaker 4: Orange and blue.
Speaker 7: They were orange and blue and they back Their names would be nicknames, but scary nicknames like creature tank killer.
Speaker 1: Right, that would be on the back of her jerseys.
Speaker 4: Whatever the personality that was the name.
Speaker 7: Yes, and they but They had a culture. They got in the whole stadium would do it and they'd scare you and growl at you ship and it was like christ, yeah if you just lost by sheer fear.
Speaker 1: They were all big.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 6: We had an I played for UNI for a long time.
Speaker 1: We had a coach.
Speaker 4: Uh. We had the mud balls what we call it. It was when I was at the Grass and Eagles. We were playing the Una at Easo Harding and it was like, I've been the last game ship out of us, but this is hilarious. It was like thirty nine and raining all night in the field was a mudbad. It was a Saturday morning. Easo Harding had played the night before, so it was just in terrible shape. So anyways, we had this coach. I won't say his name. Uh, shout out, shout up Mike Hubler. It was definitely Mike Cubler, but anyways.
Speaker 1: I won't say his name. Mike thought, this guy, bro, this is so funny.
Speaker 4: But dude, I will never an attempt to intimidate the UNI Bears. Mike Cubler decided he was gonna get shirtless. He had like a green turtleneck on novel. We were fourth grade so he took off his shirt and he's doing up downs, not making us two updowns. He got us all like circled up and start doing updowns in the freezing cold mud to get us fired up. And then our other coach came over and told us the story of David and Goliath. Like we all didn't go to David lips coming here four times a year anyways. Story David, we go out there and Goliath whoops our ass. Goliath beat us like fifty six.
Speaker 1: To three or something. If you're getting the deck, if you're getting.
Speaker 3: Like you're gonna get your ass, well, if you gotta know your coaches do not believe in you.
Speaker 1: Rule number one, don't give the team.
Speaker 4: To David and Goliath story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have she's showing you. Oh, our coaches don't believe in us at all. If they're doing it's like little props.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys are real these Yeah.
Speaker 7: We played for you know, we played for We played for them. Then Smirna Laverne finally split. Then they turned it. There used to be the Smirr Laverne Bulldogs and they turned into Smirna Bulldogs Lavernal. Yeah, when they built the Laverne High School. So then I went and played for Laverne.
Speaker 1: Jack and Jack. I never played baseball is the only sport. I mean.
Speaker 7: I was a big I was fat my whole life. So baseball had too much running. Baseball had too much running over football. You got us on the line, but get on the swing in the back of and I'm her mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: Exactly to this day.
Speaker 7: When I go play a celebrity game, what happens when I hit a dinger out in the field, got her?
Speaker 1: No, you can't. He's got to run.
Speaker 4: The worst he's got to do is run the best.
Speaker 1: He's got to hit the wall in a celebrity event the other day. Yeah, fucking made it. The first hit the walls in the home line sounds.
Speaker 4: It's a good outfield there. I'm taking myself.
Speaker 1: It's a good hotel out there.
Speaker 4: When was out there, there was no way there.
Speaker 1: You were on the forty yard. We get the chorus at the same time. The first chorus is forty yard dad, Yeah, what do you think you'd run a forty in?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Fuck dude?
Speaker 4: On the afternoon, Hey, can we tell them about these necklaces?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can talk?
Speaker 4: I'm want to let it out. Jelly Roll changed me yesterday for the first I got my official chaining. Jelly Road got me Nice Center Ice from Ice bogs Bro. We met at THEO Lakington End next to waffle house.
Speaker 1: Where were you guys meeting? It reminded me of a Mark Mark's who's that director?
Speaker 2: Martin sor of course, like some sort of like gangster movie, like they're outside of like a motel eight type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was that vibe?
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 7: Well, listen, in my defense, the only way to get ernest to meet you is tell them you're bringing them drugs.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like, hey, man, I got a sack of bud for you. You want to meet somewhere? Like, yeah, just meet me over here.
Speaker 4: You know what what were you doing by Lakita in I whatn't I was in Green Hills and he was coming from Brentwood, and I was like, let's meet at the Cracker Barrel. Yeah, parking lot was full, and so I sent him a video. I was like, Hey, we'll be over here in this parking lot the waffle house right and the others. If you go around waffle house, it was just a big empty parking lot to Laken's end. I was like, this is classic, this is Nashville classic meetup.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it was like, what a peculiar place to pull up to with a fucking expensive diamond shiney.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm want jelly right now. I'm saying, where in the funk are they? It's so hard. So anyways, it's like he was just breathing on my hands. What I love so much.
Speaker 4: About it is I would never get something like this for myself, I don't think. But I refused to not wear this chant like it's just awesome in the box. I worked out in it this morning.
Speaker 1: I was black night. You take time in some sweats and let this ship shine.
Speaker 4: Dude, I was throwing around.
Speaker 1: I was throwing around a little wait and I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Did you start doing some plyo? That thing's gonna hit you in the teeth, knock your teeth out.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing plyough, no question. That was a super comment.
Speaker 1: I apologize. How dumb was that?
Speaker 3: Dumb?
Speaker 1: Was that dude? I'm an idiot.
Speaker 4: I'm an idiot. I'm not gonna risk these great teeth. I got the most mid teeth.
Speaker 1: Of all time. So who'd you get those necklaces.
Speaker 7: For me, him and d Ray, the three guys that wrote the record. That's awesome, Son of a Center's number two on country radio this week. It might be number three, but it's been between.
Speaker 4: Two and three right now. We got to freeze at number three, and God willing.
Speaker 1: God William, we'll go number one at the top of the year. Buddy, my son was so hard a rapper.
Speaker 6: Ernest met me as a rap What was your way?
Speaker 1: What was your rap name again? Snow Snow Babies?
Speaker 7: No, dude, sure that d Ray are my home our homeboy now. But my homeboy for twenty years is from East Nashville. He was a rapper when I was growing up. So ultimately I was like, you had three rappers, right, what is probably gonna be a number one country song together? What do you get three rappers that wrote a number one country songs like rapper necklace?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talk about I was like, that's what we'll do. We'll all wear rapper necklaces on music row.
Speaker 7: Honestly, just getting Riley Green one, get get get him one big big diamond.
Speaker 4: Duck, Dimond Duck. I'm in duck opening that far get a chain, right, I'm in du.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of want one of those Christmas gifts. What you got from me?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 1: Speaking of what are you getting me for Christmas? Brother? These are some nice chains three hundred dollars. Cab.
Speaker 2: You'll see cap had a cap. No, that's just that's for the white elephant. I'm talking about what are we getting each other?
Speaker 1: That's my cap across to that's my cacros Cab. I was like, hey, let's let's talk about our South Park bitch. Let's talk about that. We haven't told Jelly about it. No, can I just go and we can join in?
Speaker 4: I think that is the best way to do go about it.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: Compton was, no, please, you deserve it. You started it.
Speaker 1: You got to fill in.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of you got a lot of the fillers. All the plea preface just started. We're all sitting around the table night out, late at night. We're about to play some games. You can figure out what type of mental space we were in. But we're sitting there talking, laughing about.
Speaker 1: What do you got? What do you got? I don't know what that means. We were banged up. We're in a nice little okay he was.
Speaker 4: He was saying we were high but he was trying to be good about it.
Speaker 3: And we're sitting there, We're sitting there joking about the trade, the Britney grinder trade in joking terms.
Speaker 1: That was on the end just for everybody that.
Speaker 4: Was Yeah, we were we were joking about how the aj Brown work.
Speaker 3: You're like, yo, they should do a South Park episode on the Britney Grinder trade and basically treat what And you said, what if they traded Tom Brady?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, or was it the Merchant of Death? Still? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: So all right, So basically Cartman's president and they're in the White House in the situation room, and the NFL Draft is on, and we have to make we have to make big things happen. We just like figuring out a way to get the Patriots to be better. Basically, it's like, I know what we do. He's like, we're gonna say, we're gonna we're gonna trade uh for the Merchant of Death to get Tom Brady back to the New England Patriots the good sten Sorry. So anyway, so they're just like a big parade and everybody's like Tom Brady, tom Brady's coming back, and he's coming back. Into convertible and it's like right by the stadium and he just drives right through and doesn't turn it turn to the stadium and his head bobblin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's on.
Speaker 7: Amount of.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 4: He gets a few a few houses down, takes the right, pulls in.
Speaker 1: Giselle.
Speaker 4: Let me in. It's Tom Brady, seven times super Bowl champions, let me in. So Giselle comes, let's let's Inlet's so we have an addition to this now that I think too. So he wants to get yousel back. He didn't give a shit about playing for the Patriots, so he's trying to get his oel back talking back. He finally wins her over. She leaves the House's like, okay, whatever, it's all good, Tom. She leaves what we don't we didn't know this year, and I think she's going to AB's. I think they're having an affair.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, or ab Antway door when he goes to the Gazel and the whole show is about him trying to get yoursel back from it.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it'd be funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyways, Giselle comes back, Uh finally Mega man's Tom Brady's making out with his kid, he blows and then all the all the Merchant of Death is like planning a huge attack on the NFL or something like that, And it's all just when.
Speaker 3: We were talking about this, it made it was and this was the perfect, perfect the only thing, Ernest you can tell he's the creative genius in the details of it, like it would basically like we'd be sitting there talking about its like if there's a way, like he was, like, what if America traded for the Golden Boy Tom Brady and it wasn't Brittany Grinder, Like that would America be like America would be fighting so hard to get Tom Brady back, making fun of America that they would work so hard to get Tom Brady back, versus like the outcry like nobody be making a fuss, tells Tom Brady, this is Brady Grinder. Everyone's fasting out. So then to make so then to make fun of the government along with it. You treat the government like he said the war room on draft ed, you're literally comparing because everybody's making trade jokes, so you're basically making it like it's Tom Brady worth the Merchant of Death, and everybody's like, yeah, Tom Brady's I know all the bars. Then Tom Brady comes back and everybody's like up in arms, what type of persons gonna be because everyone's talking highly of Britdy Grinder meeting or all this stuff. Like everyone's want to know, like we got Tom Brady back, how's he gonna act, how's he gonna be received coming back to America? And the surprise is they're gonna be throwing parades and everything else and all the bells and whistles. But Tom's gonna be like focused on not even worrying about the parade because he's so focused on getting just hell back because he's had the whole break up, the divorce and everything else. It's just Tom, like he's not who you think he is. He's just on a mission.
Speaker 7: Like she did.
Speaker 1: Already touching.
Speaker 3: It was like every time he introduces himself, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Say that that phrase. And then we got through, we got like through.
Speaker 3: The that whole storytelling, and we were trying to figure out how you wrap it up and end it all.
Speaker 1: But maybe it's like, you know, there's gotta be a it's making it.
Speaker 2: There'll be an hour special, and there's gotta be a size story about the marine who also didn't get in the trade, and he thought he was gonna be like he's in the draft room.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you gotta make fun of everybody, and everybody's got to get a piece.
Speaker 1: I'll park.
Speaker 4: That's an incredible job of that.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. Yeah, it's a brilliant episode. Mario. What were we playing? Mario Party? Mario Party? Yeah, mini games on the switch? Dude, you have like these little controllers that we were in person. I got to switch. I'll come next time. We play him on the bus. Come on, we're down to Mario Car, Mario Kart.
Speaker 6: I smack ass, drunk.
Speaker 1: Driving, buddy doing honey, I'm junk driving. What no Mario card? You play? You played sixty four? Well, we played one of the like the little switch games. Yeah, but did you play N sixty four? Growing up? He was they didn't have it was in jail. We're working on. What am I talking about? I'm trying to give some games because the game and.
Speaker 2: I hate bringing this up. This might change the mood a little bit. You need to play Red Dead Redemption to have you played that game?
Speaker 1: Yet? What do you what do you play on?
Speaker 4: I play on Xbox. I'm not like a true gamer.
Speaker 1: What is like you play with others. You gotta go with your money. Let me smoke weed and do it, dude, game Station.
Speaker 4: I wrote Red Dirt Redemption because of that. By the way, did you really red Dirt Redemption?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Red Dead is awesome.
Speaker 3: Gratitude you were going Red Dirt Redemption because of that, But yeah, that game is awesome. It's just twenty four seven. Always working a bit, Yeah, always.
Speaker 1: Working a bit. I'm gonna come out with something in a second.
Speaker 2: But when I got when I got my my surgery done, I was like laid up for two weeks, just sitting in California. So I played that game start like I would play like eight hours a day. You have to put time in this game. I bawled my fucking eyes out at the end of the game, cried really yes, I'm not joking, dude. I was like, I feel like I've lost a friend. I want to get Arthur Morgan tattoo. I'll say that I.
Speaker 1: Bought it that much care you will will.
Speaker 3: Right now for real though, just to get just to get a bead back there. Would you guys think of that South Park? Writing that South Park episode. You think that would be hilarious? Yeah, it say so funny, Like if you said back there was like, it's not that good.
Speaker 1: We need to work. We need to work shopping.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool cool, cool, Because he's on the stand up.
Speaker 7: Right now currently, that would Yeah, that's what missing police brutality.
Speaker 1: I hope the creators we gotta make this episode that outstanding. I just have the butt somewhere just off the.
Speaker 4: Sidebody wants to animate that feel free to go and oh my god, that'd be hilarious.
Speaker 1: Paw yeah, paper towel. Bro.
Speaker 3: The South Park characters that they write up is just so funny.
Speaker 2: The way they make the hilarious sound wars, that whole thing was fucking funny.
Speaker 4: I'm a family Guy guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, family guys drinking Rick and Morty guy, I have never seen Rick and Morty.
Speaker 7: I've heard Rick and Morty. Do you smoke a little pot and just sit down and watch the smart humor?
Speaker 1: Not for me, then yeah, yeah, ducking no, family guys.
Speaker 7: The best my TikTok feed right now is nothing but the fucking bad jokes on Family Guy, like the super dark jokes of Family.
Speaker 4: Guy ones bro, and just like, I mean, everybody gets it. Nobody safe and I love nobody nobody part that's like South Park too, like nobody, Nobody's gonna get somebody.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get you eventually. Yeah, it's good stuff. That's a fucking that the whole time. Well, I just I just I notified when I seen I saw before we got the bus.
Speaker 1: Let me get that's an expensive that's an extensive But the good thing about the good thing about this family Guy.
Speaker 4: That's an expensive smell rocket.
Speaker 1: I'll be back. I'll be back, though. Don't you worry about the funny thing about Family Guys. They just the entire show.
Speaker 3: There's not like a theme to the show as much anymore, Like they're just individual bits and then they bring it back.
Speaker 2: To the house every every yeah, yeah, every scene, every yeah, like every day there was I thought, I thought I saw something like the South Park creators, like hate Family Guy creators on them all the time.
Speaker 7: Probably have you seen Paradise PD, I've seen Paradise Another one came out, but yes, it just came out.
Speaker 1: It's the best, Oh does it?
Speaker 7: It started wearing into sort of babies just walking around cock swinging all through the city. Yes, the opening scene is just a baby with a dick the size of the Eiffel Tower and you're.
Speaker 3: Just crude humor like cartoon. Watched Brick Brickleberry Daniel Tasha show.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's essentially the same show as Brickleberry.
Speaker 6: Where they meet brickle Bary. You remember that, Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 1: The time turned to do a giant pizza at one point doing that.
Speaker 7: Then the hot blondes always trying to lift the fat dude's ass and my white hot blo look you for a cartoon.
Speaker 1: I made my wife watching and I was like, look, this.
Speaker 7: Is me and you.
Speaker 1: I'm just fat dude and the girls them around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we're having two different.
Speaker 1: Jelly. The fat dude's gay, right, yeah, I think so. I never writes no, no, no, He's like super innocent.
Speaker 6: But who remember when you had the one cat eat all the other cats?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun. If you haven't watched this for as much fucking weed as you smile big Mouth.
Speaker 2: If you watch big Mouth, Nick Kole, No, I like big Mouth, it might be the best you can't get.
Speaker 4: You can't get into like super crude cartoon, which is hilarious because I'm so crude, but like the family guy is like my sweet Yeah, I can watch that.
Speaker 1: All the all the Crucians.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I thought big Mouth was funny. Yeah, there's funny bitness.
Speaker 4: Like if somebody's like pulls up a thing on YouTube that they want me to see, I'm like, I get it this one.
Speaker 1: This is funny.
Speaker 4: But I'm just I'm not gonna sit at home in the forty five minute window. I have to watch TV.
Speaker 3: We interrupt this episode to bring you an important message from the Boys at Roman. No free shouts to Roman. We've been talking to you about Roman for years. Roman is all about improving the lives of men by taking and making high quality care accessible and convenient. But did you know that The Boys of Roman is not just available online. Roman is also available in several major retailers nationwide.
Speaker 1: You can find the Boys in Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and Uh.
Speaker 3: There you'll find a daily multi vitamin supplement optimized to support men's health and performance, and also a testosterone support supplement with to support healthy testosterone levels. Roman swipes and condoms in case you need a little something for the weekend or the holiday season, and over the counter medication the combat hair loss. I need to look into that as well. As shampoo and conditioner for fuller looking hair. So the choices yours. Order Roman online at road dot Co, Slash Busting Boys, or find Roman in the supplement's aisle at your local Walmart, Walgreens, CVS and right aid back to enjoying this episode.
Speaker 7: Rhyme for comedians. Mmm, I know the same tier talking. I'd like to swing that around the room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, on my head, I had like one, right, I love norm r ip Lewis Black has always been funny to me. He's just always so pissed off. And God for a third No, God, God does have a pretty good US.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. Man, that's it.
Speaker 9: Like what.
Speaker 1: I was like, but it's hilarious. Go ahead, what's your third one?
Speaker 4: There's a guy named There's a guy named Quinn Dale. I think is pretty funny too. His video has always come up on my TikTok and stuff.
Speaker 1: He's hilarious.
Speaker 4: He just makes simple, stupid punchline jokes, quick and dry. It's good stuff. Yeah, it's funny. What about Jelly You about the question of who's yours?
Speaker 7: I'm like, it's like I'm treating like active fighting right, so like right now, I have a top three. This is not an all time right now. I just I love Gillis. Oh yeah, gonna make my last I think Bird oh Bert, of course.
Speaker 2: He's an incredible storytelling incredible.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen.
Speaker 7: Nothing from it in a while, so I probably put Burr in there because I've seen Bird's Red Red Rock special.
Speaker 6: But I love Jessel Nick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Dark dam Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't have long enough about all of it.
Speaker 7: To me, I don't put Day like that in a while. I don't put Day in right now. Dave to me is in the inmore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he'll always be one of the great seal here talking about what you've enjoyed recently, like Whatson, who.
Speaker 7: Came out with a special the last twenty four months. You know what I thought was just fucking crushing, bro.
Speaker 2: This podcast is just like the Midland podcast. It's like multiple conversations going around.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Who are you three? Gillis, Like, I just I just enjoy fucking when you started talking about cartoons like those are great?
Speaker 3: Bird Gillis, you know who I really enjoyed Bird. You know how I really enjoy I've never really listened to his stand up, but I just enjoy watching anything any conversation he's.
Speaker 1: A part of. But Tom Segur is really funny, funny.
Speaker 7: In my current three is because I'm waiting for his next special. I've seen some of it at the Chappelle Rogan thing here, and his closing bit that night was the bit I remember the most from the whole night I've seen Jeff Ross, Dave Chappelle, Joe Rogan, and Tom Segura that night every one of them killed. But man, I can't tell the Joe because it's obviously should be on a special. But it's the fucking funniest, darkest shit I've ever heard, my god, which.
Speaker 3: Is awesome about it, Like I've I've never watched his stand up, but his his Twitter and his fucking conversation clips that he's in, like his podcast everything.
Speaker 1: It's just so fucking funny to me. And they could get They get real too, which I love.
Speaker 4: There's such a good contrast because they both get they're not just always being funny Jeff Ross. Though I can watch it, I can watch Ross. I can watch the old Comedy Central US for hours. Just best of roast Jeff Ross.
Speaker 1: Have you seen and Andy Sandberg's roast going to eat hot.
Speaker 2: You remember being disrespectful to everybody and like it's funny, dude, funny as hell.
Speaker 1: He roasted you for your face. That's what was because we we did Steve Burns.
Speaker 7: Comedy hold shout, no free shoutouts with shout out to Steve burn He does have a special on Amazon Prime right now, Last Late Night.
Speaker 4: So last late Night, no perfect, that's home.
Speaker 1: I have to do that. That's great.
Speaker 3: But we was on Comedy PA and Jeff Ross was there was me, Jelly and Jeff Ross and which thinking I don't know if you were thinking the same thing, but I'm thinking, it's fucking Jeff Ross.
Speaker 6: I felt the whole time and we were like kids each other.
Speaker 1: Jeffs back and be like.
Speaker 7: And he's like, so, y'all want to go get something to I was like, funk. Yeah, we went made hot chicken with Jeff Ross.
Speaker 1: I love that. But what did he say about the your face? So he fucking it was so fun, bro.
Speaker 3: But he's just so gifted genius is just roasting the people quick with it, you know, he skilled.
Speaker 7: Half feels like that to though theos when you like, you know, Ernest is always looking for the bit.
Speaker 1: Just see it on THEO.
Speaker 7: The amount of times you watch THEO look at you and go I could have just rat fried Joe ass, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: He just seven.
Speaker 6: No, he don't care. He's just his mind moves that way.
Speaker 4: That's so funny. I made you all jingle before y'all got here.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 4: I finally wrote the jingle.
Speaker 7: Hear it.
Speaker 1: Is that jingle but with p the coolest that what that was? All right?
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 1: We don't know. We we finally like there is a point in time. There's a point in time.
Speaker 4: I asked, you want you want me to hear it?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, all right, But for the sake of this, we played the first little second. Give me.
Speaker 4: What you said, play the very first three seconds.
Speaker 1: Give me a second, give me a second, busting all He's like, you're gonna stop it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, looks like hey, looks like Cameron Daddy's got some competition.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we'll talk about how you get done with this. You're about to go off about.
Speaker 10: Strong busting with the boys, hanging with the fathers, betting on the fall game.
Speaker 1: No, Morman, it's gonna tell us what. Uh We'll be over here lords.
Speaker 4: Drinking nice school, be making that noise, just hanging in with the fathers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 11: Hey, hang with the fs, betting on the ball again, ain't no long tail us what to do.
Speaker 4: So I'll be over here drinking this beer making that.
Speaker 1: Hang with the fellows. The boys is outstanding. Brother, that was awesome. It was fire. That was context. Back here here we go go. Thanks Ryan Hurd for the guitar.
Speaker 2: I guess before we before we go to that ade, you're a guitar player that was on the right of your stage every single song.
Speaker 1: He was switching something out. He's a fucking stunt. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Is that he would walk this set some guy be giving them one, he'd be giving one. No, I think that's Casey, says buddy. He was fucking outstanding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you know me the longest to man. Yeah, that's my favorite part of that. He produced Creature, which went platinum again. Tech nine got his platinum plaque that night. I was so proud to get techn like the underground. First of all, the fact that my favorite part of that whole night is that, especially being a Missouri boy, was having Tech nine and Riley Green on the same I look at it like a fight.
Speaker 6: It was there on the same fight card. That's crazy to me.
Speaker 4: That's say never before and never again.
Speaker 6: That it would make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a Jilly Roll concert.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 4: Well, you're gonna get some Tech nine. You're probably gonna get some.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How long did they take you to come up with that? Don't piss me off too.
Speaker 4: How long y'all tell me y'all heard it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I said five to ten minutes. Yeah, for two important times. Yeah, there's a point time of Jason Ernest Jelly.
Speaker 3: Anybody who's been a musician, I'm like texting on fucking h Yeah, this is this and that early day the Middland Cameron Duddy, he's in the middle of trying to make a here too.
Speaker 1: He listens. Yeah, he was just I'm like a lot of people tell me they'll do it. I just did it.
Speaker 4: Follow through, fred I told you how to do it two years ago, minutes earlier today, a little dude, dude going. I was like, it was eleven fifteen. I know somebody's in there. I'll go in and there's a pick up a guitar under I.
Speaker 7: Was planning on lighting those black Cat firecrackers, but we're having too good of a time. I literally had him set out there under there I might do it, who knows, but yeah, so I ended up just coming up with a jingle. I think it's I still think my favorite thing. Everyone's busting with Boz. First time I heard fucking sure was that when you did it when you were that Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was during COVID. It was, uh the same with the Boss for sure. I did that quarantine for sent quanto. Yeah, boys, you wrote a little jingle for that quarantine boy.
Speaker 7: Because mid all about y'all's podcast. But I promise you when Ernest sang oh ended you're right with buss and with because he walked down the guitar when he did it. Yeah, watched Ernest do something and I hate that?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Picking with the boys, I forgot.
Speaker 1: I did that for sure? Really real tier one?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if you want to be a Tier one?
Speaker 1: Why not? It's a scary.
Speaker 4: You gotta do a lot of ship. I mean, I'm pretty in the fucking phone.
Speaker 1: You gotta he gotta dive in. I know your ones have your number.
Speaker 4: I don't think any Yeah, Well there you go, So what does that make him?
Speaker 2: We gotta be in the you're in your own grade, buddy fan fan, No, you're a friend friend.
Speaker 1: The Midland episode one of my favorite episodes.
Speaker 7: I love Midland met him really, I bumped into him once. We hadn't really met each other, but they were awesome. You would love You had to tell about them? Was They just reminded me of like such an old school rock band. We were doing this thing for the Grand Old Opry with me Brentley, Gilbert Midland. What a fucking set up, right, and Carly Pearce and I didn't know. I didn't realize this for the Grand Old Opry until I got there and Midland's walking on stage and one of the guys turns around and goes, who gets the we don't got our ears and they go, we're doing monitors like.
Speaker 1: He didn't know fucking what he was talking, and I was like, that is so me. He had no clue. Tack response was all fucking far out man, they're playing.
Speaker 2: I had to be cam right, Yeah, I mean those boys are sitting a far out. Yeah, it's got to be got to be because he's going to really talks like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I thought it was great. Red Rocks the night before I did can.
Speaker 4: I shamelessly plug the songs out just dropped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely do it a little bit. No, absolutely, that's what that's what this is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, literally you can talk.
Speaker 1: About what's going on in everybody's world.
Speaker 12: Man, new songs, missed that Girl, unhanging the Moon and songs we used to sing. I announced the Flower Shops album, but it's part two, two dozen roses, thirteen new songs total. It'll be twenty four songs total combined with the original Flower Shops And yeah, it's like a part two. They're gonna call it deluxe, but I feel like sometimes deluxes are made by just slapping three new songs on the thing, and I don't know what that's all about.
Speaker 1: This is a part two.
Speaker 4: The story continues and some of my favorite songs, and yeah, on the whole record, say what you got? The date on the record February tenth, February.
Speaker 1: Time for Valentine's Day, right you know it?
Speaker 4: Oh so yeah, it's gonna be a rose infested Valentine's Day and.
Speaker 1: Baby making music.
Speaker 2: People gonna make babies over Ernest. Dude, Well, Ernest is serenading in the background, any warry.
Speaker 3: She's gonna start getting on them you know, I don't want to talk about her business. Yeah, yeah, dgs, we're gonna look you getting busy.
Speaker 1: The boys. Boy, you know.
Speaker 4: Will's having sex.
Speaker 1: I'm brazy and that and that album.
Speaker 2: Boss, you says to me, if you listen to album front to back, he loses the girl, and back to front he gets the girl.
Speaker 1: That's it. How do you even do that? Dude?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess if I don't know, maybe it's just physical.
Speaker 2: So if you listen to the album front the back he talked about him, he loses the girls, the girl. If you're listening from the last song to the first song, it gets the girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you a creative mother. Oh, he's a creative bro or and you really you hear that?
Speaker 3: You really are room like one of the most creative dudes I've ever got to be in, Like the presence of bro the shit. He was really watching him work, like you get to witness him work, like when we're I know we fun wrong with the South barbak, but even.
Speaker 4: That he loves that South. It's go be incredible.
Speaker 1: It's well listening and work on that. Obviously the songs he was showing me, Yeah, he's leading.
Speaker 3: We can't like put out there like that, but just and then obviously coming up with the bullshit listening.
Speaker 4: To you talking about this song to creative man, do you want to talk about those things? Because there's yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Do, but I have a plan in my head for you, and I don't know if you want to talk about my narrative.
Speaker 4: No matter, I'm trying to do for you in my head because because if you've seen this, then you'll know when you know, and if not, then that's a good.
Speaker 2: Bro Like ten years from now when everyone's like so and so they're like, oh, bro, you didn't know in twenty twenty two. Yeah, but I don't know if you want to talk about that. Ladies and gentlemen interrupt this podcast to bring you Do Cannon. It can be hard to find good last minute holiday gifts for the boys, but don't panic. Do Cannon has the perfect gift idea for the hard working guy in your life. Their big ass lump of coal soap. That is that is a humorous yet sensible gift for the guys in your life. It's three times bigger than the average soap and made with active charcoal and the masculine scent of what is that Bergamont, Bergamont, Bergamont, Bergemont, Bergamont, Bergamont and black pepper and black Pepper. If you want to give someone a gift they won't hate and immediately return after Christmas, do the boys a favor and buy cannon at your local target real tailor.
Speaker 4: We said this before on.
Speaker 1: One of the earlier ads.
Speaker 2: This is one of those things that stocking stuffers boys. There's presence you can give out under the tree, and that's great, but low key. When you walk downstairs and you see that giant ass stock and it's stuff with a bunch of shit, you know there's probably a couple of hitters in there. And this is one of those things you might look over at first, but the you actually try and apply, you're really gonna enjoy what you get there.
Speaker 3: You're not a high quality stocking, yes, that goes along with life in the stocking. You like, there's always some bullshit in there because you you you approach a stocking like all right, let's see what else is left? All the answer shit. But when you've got a well rounded stocking, like you're like, yo, this is fucking nice. You're smelling this big as lump of.
Speaker 2: Coal right, and you're like, yo, hey, they got me soap, Like what's that all about?
Speaker 4: Like you know what I'm saying. Just trust I'm fucking real dude, you know.
Speaker 2: And the thing too, is like a lot of times you use bars of soap, you put the bar soap on and then your skin kind of feels like tight.
Speaker 4: Not with Duke Duke, you still have that looseness.
Speaker 1: I feel fucking good and I smell grape bro.
Speaker 2: Check out Duke Cannon any target orror on Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting for fifteen percent off your first order. Duke Cannon is not for clowns. And back to the episode, what.
Speaker 7: He's producing as a friend is that I think he sent me the record the other day, the whole record, and I think I love Miss that Girl and I love Unhanging the Moon, But I think the best records are on the record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of my favorites haven't been done. That to me, that's like the most important thing as an artist. Right, you're gonna say that again. You said some of his songs.
Speaker 2: He just plugged the deluxe album that's coming up, that's thirteen songs. Yeah, he said those three songs are good, but the best songs those other ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I say the record, I'm fucking old, but slow it down for your boy a time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, listen, yet music is on the record.
Speaker 1: I thought he's talking about his.
Speaker 7: Best music is unreleased. And I think that's the most important thing as an artist is that if your if your unreleased music isn't your best music, it's clear what side of the mountain you're on, right, Yeah, but what do you explain the mountain? So, like, you know, this is like we're all trying to climb whatever the mountain is. We're hoping whenever we plateau, we get to hang there for as long as possible and enjoy that view. But at some point every artist goes on the other side of that mountain. It's just inevitable. Like that's a moment where you go, ah, man, is the last really good album he dropped?
Speaker 9: Was?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah? A sole and Yeah, as an.
Speaker 7: Artist, my goal is to always have a song that's not released that I think is the best song.
Speaker 1: I have in my catalog. Yeah, that's why we write.
Speaker 4: Much's why we bullets waiting, because you just don't want to get you don't want to get again. What he's saying is like your peek in your career, and when I've only been remembered for.
Speaker 1: Saving Yes see what I'm saying, always have that next.
Speaker 7: But I knew when when I when Son of a Center was rode, I was like, oh no, I got it, I'm coming back.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna break that. I'm gonna break. I'm gonna shape that one. And then it's like, I have a record i'll call need a favor that I believe is gonna be bigger when it's said and done than Son of a Center.
Speaker 1: I believe that.
Speaker 7: But most importantly, and I'm sure he feels the same way. I got a song in my phone that I think is bigger than every song I've ever released, interesting, and that I play. I'll send you something. You know what I do.
Speaker 1: But it's like, if I.
Speaker 7: Don't feel that way, I'm in trouble. Do you know I feel the same way as an artist like that, have something I feel like better than my last very nervous.
Speaker 4: If my phone was lacking hit right now.
Speaker 7: For sure, If my phone was in a place where I was like, I don't have a song, I'm comfortable plugging into an auxiliary like any room in Nashville right now, any songwriter, any artist, if they break out the auxiliary cable, you will watch butt holes pucker because there are a lot of dudes in this town who don't have a good song on their phone, and they're fucking scrambling to find one, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Where I'm gonna be like, give me a fucking cake.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't it be so far a Nashville version of verses? Yes, you know, so good, but like you got either the artist or you got songwriters doing verses, like you meet up at the ten roof and doing versus, but you have you'll know about verses. Yeah, it would be so far to do like a ten riof demo night of like all right, you've got this writer against this writer. You skip five songs, crowd reaction wins.
Speaker 7: You want to know where the big killer is. You only get to do four hits. The fifth song's gotta be one. That's just a demo. You're sitting on it, nobody.
Speaker 1: Four heads because at the end of it, I want to see who's sitting on something. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's right now, You're gonna smoke anybody in Nashville because you're gonna swing, Dick. You're gonna walk right in there and sing fucking some of the biggest songs in the last two years.
Speaker 1: Who in town.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: Right Hardy would wipe me.
Speaker 1: I think I think y'all would go nose and nose.
Speaker 4: I think already would be a tough one right like that act is a juke box of number one.
Speaker 7: No, I'm talking if we had to encapsulate twenty four months. Okay, Ashley, actually you Hardy.
Speaker 1: Well, but you're bringing the smoke.
Speaker 2: Jelly real quick. You are arguing this what are we arguing right now?
Speaker 1: For me and Will? Who are not the music?
Speaker 2: I'm a writing standpoint, written what Hardy's written and when Ernest is written in last twenty fourth.
Speaker 7: And you put them in front of seven hundred people, five hundred people of the ten roof.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you packed the tin roof as to elbow, yeah, and crowd reactional.
Speaker 1: Guitar.
Speaker 4: Is it writers around barstool style or is it just oxcord DJA? And that's a good it's a good point.
Speaker 7: DJ gets really scary because listen, when uh wasting on you drops.
Speaker 1: See it's over. That's what drops that club, it's over.
Speaker 4: I think it's an oscore just like battles, like versus and you just paid to play the record, play the record, and then then you get a demo on the fourth one.
Speaker 7: Because I don't think in twenty four months somebody could drop something with an eight O waight is going to move the room?
Speaker 1: Like what like wasting on you?
Speaker 2: Here's my question, why aren't you guys doing that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta do it.
Speaker 7: We're pioneering it right now. First of all, I want to say this says a lot about you.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm all about jumping on named no plan.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that says a lot about the culture y'all created. Yeah, yeah, which I always give y'all y'all flowers for. I've said from day one that Ernest, Hardy and Morgan have created a sense of like actual genuine friendship in the music business that hasn't been seen since how Whaling and Willie really were with each other?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, No, not really, but I understand what you're since.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what I'm saying, like a compliment, right, that's a lot of mullets and that's a lot of mullets.
Speaker 7: It's the truth because you look and you're like and then when you're that movement to those now, bro, I mean he struggle. I hope that's what we hope. Me and Struggle watch out and go, this is dope. We've been free struggle.
Speaker 4: We're saying people that join them on stage.
Speaker 1: Drug too, for sure. Yeah, Struggle Jennings.
Speaker 4: Struggle Jennings.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, Michael Buffer was probably the one.
Speaker 4: Jenny Michael Buffer too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Struggle Jennings. You know my best friends Drugg, we've been best friends for twenty two years now.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 7: He's got a twenty three year old daughter that our babysit. Oh wow, how long we've been friends? Sometimes anytime. First of all, I'm the babysitting. I'm the baby motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Dude, love me.
Speaker 7: Kids running up to me, they hide behind me. They little people are attracted to big people. Yes, this is a fact, you see, it's your whole life. Tell the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I've also feel like there's the opposite too, Like the kids that are like, oh hell, like they kind of like they feel more comfortable. But there's also those kids that are like yo, he might be a little too big. That might be a little too much for me right now.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, terrified mascots. Mascot at lives from university that I went berserk over every time I'd see the costume in like the equipment room and be like, not going near that.
Speaker 1: Not fucking going near it, Dude, near that?
Speaker 2: So okay, hold on, Oh yeah, you're saying the best combination right now is Morgan, Hardy and Earnest.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, it's like because of their their what I have chemistry, they have a true friendship, real friendship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talk about what they've done for the industry.
Speaker 7: Listen the way they do it. I could bore y'all with nerd out about this. The way Morgan took Hardy and Earnest on the tour last year and then double back and brings them both back out next year. Right, That's that's a man that took his friends with him when he got in a situation to call his own shots. Because let me tell you how Nash works. Every record label and booking agent in town were pitching everybody but Hardy in.
Speaker 1: Earnest at moment.
Speaker 7: Why do you think that is Oh, they ain't even think I fucking know, I know. Why do you know that is the greatest looking at music business right now? Yeah, dude, he's the eight hundred pounds. Really, dog, Morgan Wallen is the king of country music right now. He out stream I said this the other day, and I think I got this fact right. He outstreamed the second biggest streaming artist in country music by like nine hundred million streams.
Speaker 4: Really, the second I think it was.
Speaker 6: Zach Bryan with like one three or one Ford.
Speaker 1: I think Morgan. I think I haven't heard much from Zach Brown. Fire. Is he.
Speaker 4: Bryan?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: Brian? Yeah, he's incredible that he is. So Zach Brown is incredible too. But Zack Bryan is on flat fucking fire.
Speaker 4: These guys everywhere. He was on the on the playlist, she was on the Yellowstone last night.
Speaker 1: Cover of every country playlist. And he deserves it. I'm a really good dude.
Speaker 4: But he's getting looks in the industry.
Speaker 3: Would pitch everybody except Hardy and Ernest because he's the big dog.
Speaker 1: So they want to pay him with other big.
Speaker 4: Dogs, not even the biggest super tour got you.
Speaker 7: They want their artists to get the best look that can get like going up Morgan, don't need nobody to sell ticket yall right, let's call a spade a space. He don't need nobody to come out there two hours, three hours by. He could do minutes of covers and girls would just sit there and cream. The dude's on fucking fire dog. He's fucking Elvis. But it's like, straight up, that is all fucking fast. He's Elvis to some twelve year old little girl. Yeah, the dude is the closest thing to Elvis she'll ever see in her life.
Speaker 4: Twenty two year old ut friend, dude, you know.
Speaker 7: What I mean, Like, it's the closest You gotta think about it from a I'll give you a piece of perspective.
Speaker 1: Ah God, I hope it don't come off wrong. My daughter.
Speaker 7: Didn't doesn't know who Kid Rock is, Okay, So like we're up meeting kid Rock and she's heard the name right, and she knows that he's a really big deal, but she's just she don't remember how fucking insane the nineteen ninety seven Kid Rock era, You know what I mean, She doesn't remember how you could not move through the United States of America without here and ball to it up all the bang bang you I'm talking about in the project.
Speaker 1: Hit her.
Speaker 7: She missed that whole era, so like to her, Meg the Stallion or Cardi b Is like, what was he this big? And I'm like, oh no, no, you don't under.
Speaker 4: Sweet heart, sweetheart, But I feel there's.
Speaker 2: Different levels of big now how much social media there is.
Speaker 6: It was a different That was the year.
Speaker 7: Watching the Last Dance documentary reminded me that will never have real superstars again.
Speaker 4: Would you watch Elvis Presley's movie. There's no way that can happen now for sure, no way.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: You know why because people they know, they feel it's all personal now you would you like back then, you waited outside of a hotel to see Michael Jordan walk by, just to see him, and you see him on the newspaper, you just real human, like, oh my god, he's real.
Speaker 4: I was there Michael Jordan in China, bro like people just losing their mind.
Speaker 7: And people would play watching Lay in Portland to watch him ride the bench.
Speaker 1: That's wild, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 7: Like the arena would be the only sell out of the port is right the season and he wouldn't even play, but fucking you know what is he gonna play against Portland?
Speaker 4: You think Jesus would have been popping If they had Instagram, Jesus.
Speaker 1: Was gonna be on.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't reached out and to grab the cloak to heal herself, like would have just slitting his DM be like, Yo, check my Amazon.
Speaker 1: By I got Amazon link in my bio.
Speaker 4: Jesus, Jesus would have been the anti influence day.
Speaker 1: Talking about right now. I think he would have.
Speaker 4: I think he would have, yeah, because I mean he woud at least.
Speaker 3: Had the Good World had twelve followers, disciples would have been recording all.
Speaker 1: This starting out with a team.
Speaker 4: That's what man, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jesus on one of them went to be the hype man for another guy.
Speaker 1: He would have looked like a rapper walking on places he bridged off. He would have looked like a rapper walking in totally. They had have pulled up on motorcycles and jumped out from gangster ship. This is what it looks like, hose.
Speaker 7: By the way, if you look at it, there were twelve kind of savage motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Yes, they picked up like twelve real oddballs. Dude.
Speaker 7: There was only one that ended up sucking really bad the rest of the heads. You know what I'm saying that you did better than me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, looking like machine gun Kelly with it. Anyways, Anyways, I.
Speaker 1: Stand by that Jesus would be a complete fucking gangster, no doubt.
Speaker 2: And in what way I think Jesus would be Like, dude, listen you you start talking about motorcycles hanging out.
Speaker 4: Hey, his twelve dudes were gays. There's one guy ended up really sucking.
Speaker 2: And in my head, I'm thumbing through the small roll index of the Bible information I have in my head, I'm like, I don't he.
Speaker 1: Let me give you some some stuff that will change your perspective on Jesus. You know what, The first recorded miracle in the Bible was the wine water, the one I want you all to think about this.
Speaker 7: There's only four books in which Jesus spoke about or is has direct words written where he said he's at them.
Speaker 6: Only four of that big fucking big book.
Speaker 7: There's like that much that has to do with the actual Jesus, right like from a first, second, third hand account of every miracle he did. Do you is there not something telling about his first miracle being doing a party favor for his mom, and already told his mom.
Speaker 6: He said, hey, man, don't know this, hain't my time.
Speaker 1: Don't bother me with that. She goes, come on, man.
Speaker 7: He was like, all right, So he already showed her he could do some wild ship, already showed he was Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: He must have known this to come and ask for him to turn the water in wine.
Speaker 4: She called him making something out of wood with no hands, just over there with his mind. And there's about.
Speaker 1: And you're saying because of that, no, no, there's more. Okay, good?
Speaker 7: What about when he walks in the temple and they said he flipped the table and said, you turned my father's house into a merchant.
Speaker 4: He went in there and snapped.
Speaker 6: He went in there and lost his walking there.
Speaker 7: And go, hey, y'all, I just want to discuss the importance of not turning this whole least sanctuary into a place.
Speaker 1: He went in there and he went in there some ship and said, get the fuck up out of here. This is my father's house. Yeah, dude's pulling up on a harley. He's fucking turning water into wine.
Speaker 7: He's fucking walking into the party like I'm fucking here, let's talk.
Speaker 6: That's the dude I seen in the Bible. He didn't care about nothing.
Speaker 7: The dude was now playing in the sand, and they came to him and said, this dude's cheating on his wife.
Speaker 1: All pharisees.
Speaker 7: He just kept playing in the dirt, didn't even look up at him, didn't even respect him enough to give him his eyes, just kept playing in the dirt. They said it again. He finally said, oh, I guess y'all ain't never did nothing wrong. Huh, Yeah, that's all he said. And they were like, Didn'joel Washington.
Speaker 2: The way you're right now, I'm about the head of church after this, I'm going the Bible.
Speaker 1: Is cast the first stone. Everyone has like their own interpretation of it.
Speaker 3: And that is exactly like jelly roll, like I understand that that is his interpretion of it, Like, get me out.
Speaker 4: Like that is definitely rent seventeen months to sit and think about it.
Speaker 1: That guy knows.
Speaker 6: Jesus, I've read the Bible cover cover a few times.
Speaker 1: All right, Jesus a gangster.
Speaker 4: Jesus, you heard it here first there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I get worried they'd be a little like preachy who would you know. No, no, not you, Jesus himself if he was here right now.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't do a lot of preaching. He didn't preach a lot.
Speaker 4: Ud read a fucking book, dude.
Speaker 1: Ye, no, he didn't preach it.
Speaker 4: Should read the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brother, Yeah, he wasn't very talking at least par the accounts we have of him. The imagery of you been playing in the sand. Nothing wrong. I think members like a climb nash dude. I'm pretty sure Jesus.
Speaker 7: Was a rock climber. We're going the hill. I walked in here like, I just hope we don't talk about Jesus today.
Speaker 1: Jesus, No, what you say? What do you tell you went on a minute.
Speaker 6: Rash about if Jesus was here when you have followers and that's.
Speaker 4: That. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Would Jesus be a celebrity is how this started. You'll think Jesus would be a big celebrity if he was.
Speaker 1: Here like that, I think you would. Jess would be popping. You think you uhould be popping?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Jesus would be on fire. That something that's our headline for for YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he probably do a carpentry.
Speaker 1: YouTube title would Jesus be a soul?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna that's probably what he did.
Speaker 1: But actual thought and do it too. I'm on the first number one record and we're gonna can and that.
Speaker 4: He just has an X account. He's like makes cute rocking chairs and swings. He goes to like Farmer's markets. He does voiceover dubs on the sate Toks.
Speaker 1: Just his hands.
Speaker 4: His has never actually touched anything moving around teleg nesis with Jesus. That's just Jesus does with Jesus, right, is that where you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you now, Okay, I go, hey, do you think Jesus still be a carpenter? And he thinks for a minute, he goes, yeah, I do, And then all of a sudden, right tell with Jesus.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking how you can market carvingry in this in this day and age?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What else? What else can we tell you? I've been praying about it over here. I'm sweating. That is so funny, Jesus. Yeah, what else is there going on? Boys?
Speaker 4: Or what you got going?
Speaker 1: Dude? So you're going on tour next year with Hardy or with Morgan?
Speaker 4: Yep, we're gonna be on tour all year next year with Morgan, Are.
Speaker 1: You potting still? Do you still podcasts?
Speaker 4: Get in the toes wet again? Today? This is gearing up.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 4: There's not a plan in place for next year.
Speaker 7: But if I in your podcast me at the show the other nights, back when Ernest was really podcasting, damn, they was like, yeah, I watched you all the time, back.
Speaker 1: When Ernest had a podcast.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 1: If I come back, it'll probably be called still being Earnest just took a year and a half off, no reason. It just been a year and a half already, well it's been a year.
Speaker 4: But by the time it comes back, dude, Literally, it was like podcasting was already like the third thing on my to do list. And then when I had Ryman and the world start spinning again, we're touring and I gotta make records, It's like that was like fifth or sixth down. I think next year it'll make more sense to be able to podcast at least some like way more than I have been, but probably not as much as I was. I would just probably set something up on a bus, would do it that way. Whether it's probably just I could probably just rant for forty minutes, and if I'm in a cool city, have a guest every now and then. I mean, whoever's on tour with us could come out and do an episode like Yeah, it wouldn't look like it looked. I wouldn't be doing it at Big Loud anymore. It would just be like a I don't know, probably do something innovative. Nobody nobody's doing them on buses, No one, No, I don't think nobody in the market that's doing Nobody.
Speaker 2: There's something on a bus similar to someone's there's a van.
Speaker 1: They do something on a van, but they've never seen one on the bus. Yeah they did. How many songs are you turning in right now a year? I appreciate you take it in here.
Speaker 4: Taking leadership in this podcast Jelly talking about what they're doing this year.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I'm just curious as a writer, maybe like sixty Jesus Dog.
Speaker 1: It's still it's a lot of them. That's fun.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's like people are probably turning in Actually they're probably turning one hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got young hundred songs? Was that who was doing?
Speaker 4: And I'm sending it into my publishing company, so they can log it. Yeah, got you and that's where the catalog comes in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and what do is they pissed those songs?
Speaker 7: Right, but they take that song and they call every country artist they know and go, hey, they got one that things works for a certain somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and they pitch it that way. But it was, it was.
Speaker 7: It's just perspective because I probably wrote fifty this year and I had to get Ernest wrote one hundred, so he turned in sixty and he probably had twenty or thirty for himself and twenty that he didn't turn in because they suck.
Speaker 1: Because we all have songs and just you don't even turn it because you're not.
Speaker 4: There's like a lot of first choruses sitting around that yeah finished.
Speaker 2: When you So why would you go and turn into Is it just to make money? So if somebody takes your song, then you make money off of it, because if you're trying to think about your grind like you, oh you do, you can't read the best for yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your mind and you got to turn.
Speaker 4: Him in anyways, so they can be legally logged and all that published.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why does the song need to be legally lost? Record? Ernest.
Speaker 7: I'm not speaking for him, but Ernest doesn't keep the best songs for himself. Ernest is really good about knowing what songs he should or shouldn't be a vessel for for his brand. It's a skill set. Y'all are understanding the room man from an artist writer perspective, Like it's hard Hardy's really good at it of knowing like, oh, this song is a fucking huge record, but I'm not the guy to sing it, you know what I mean? Like Ernest is really good at looking at records and going because here's the deal, we got sing these forever. You know how many people.
Speaker 1: Staying on stage every year and sing.
Speaker 7: Songs they fucking hate, Oh my god, because they picked them because they knew it would be a hit in the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now if somebody else picked it for them and they're out there like just fucking singing a song they want to say about not without listen.
Speaker 6: I'm getting better about being less like that.
Speaker 4: There to say that everybody's got maybe one of them that like I probably got one that.
Speaker 1: What's one that you hate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, cheers, I don't hate, but it's like it feels too fastball up the middle. I know why people like it, and that's why I get like it's not a bad song at all, but like it's it's one of those songs that anybody could sing type of thing, where like a lot of the other songs on my project, I just I would rather play the long ball sometimes, and if I land on a super catchy radio song, awesome, But I'm not like in the room writing for the catchy radio song. I write with Phil Good and maybe it is catchy radio song, but like I don't know that's what he's saying at the beginning of a rite. Whatever it's going or whatever it sounds like, I'll have a pretty good idea whether I want it for myself or not.
Speaker 1: And it's freeing too.
Speaker 4: If I know from jump, I'm not keeping it because then I'm just I'm freestyling whatever feels good, whatever sounds right. If I'm writing for myself, I'm a little more careful because I know I am gonna have to be up there seeing it and I won't make the mistake again too. Like I when I did Cheers, I needed that I didn't really have anything that was really catchy or popping, and so I was like, yeah, let's do it makes sense, But that wasn't even as rewarding, like people sing it live, but it didn't stream. Crazy, so I would have I would have been fine living without it and still been being artsy or whatever, artistic with my.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my fine line, right, being true to yourself, but also like getting enough fans.
Speaker 1: You gotta play. You gotta play.
Speaker 2: The game is the lifestyle you want to live. So how does this might be a difficult question. It might not just be as like like a straight line like I'm thinking, but where you got, we're ernest where you are now? If you want to get to Morgan Wallen's status, how does that like, how does that process look in your mind? Like how would you go about doing that? If you're like, oh, I want to sell out, I want to be a headliner at Nissan Stadium for CMAS. Jeez, because you because it's if you think about you, like you were voted number one writer in Nashville this past year. Correct, Yeah, like you have all the time in the world. Do you sound fantastic?
Speaker 1: You play? You can play a guitar like you?
Speaker 4: I think if you have all the tools Morgan Morgan has such a rabbit.
Speaker 1: Rabbit Rabbit.
Speaker 4: I think Rabbid. I think there's a ba babies as a Rabbid fan base that you cannot fabricate. No amount of social media employees or marketing schemes can make a real fan base like he's got. I'm lucky enough to be able to get in front of them, and if they rock with me and go with me from there, that's awesome. My journey for that would be head down, one day at a time and just keep grinding. It's going to be a long, slow uphill. And you know what, dude, you can be super successful and rich and never experienced the level at which Morgan's doing it as well. Like what he's doing is like like Garth Brooks level Taylor Swift. It's it transcends what most people get to do in a lifetime.
Speaker 2: How long has Morgan been playing me been in the spotlight?
Speaker 1: I mean, dude, woe was Whiskey Glasses.
Speaker 4: It's been like twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean he was on the Voice before that, Yeah, came out in twenty fourteen. I believe he's a kid that you can tell has been swinging the bad at whole thing.
Speaker 4: He's done the whole grind every step of the way.
Speaker 1: He just kip any steps. That's been the cool part in a van all of.
Speaker 2: It because you look at him now and you're like, man, this you just you Because if you're just a casual washout, this dude came out of nowhere and all of a sudden he's taken over. Because it's like you have like these bands and they kind of do their thing, they fizzle out, but there's always someone to replace them, and they're like, oh, this band came out of nowhere, and you have no idea, Like the grind people are going on. It's like comedians, yeah, or even podcas it's like, yeah, you got to start doing well and you're like, oh, these guys are good.
Speaker 1: And you have no idea. I don't. I don't like making compare.
Speaker 7: I don't like to be like it's just like what y'all do, but I try to compare things to like where you'll get it. It's like that guy that, let's be honest, right, I was not a Michigan fan or a huge college football fan.
Speaker 1: I didn't know who this tailor the one guy was when we drafted him.
Speaker 7: Right, So like it looked to me like out of nowhere, this's just big burly boy came out of fucking Michigan and it's fucking the guy that we're betting our life on the fucking save our offensive line. You know, welcome, right, yeah, you know, you know, you know how I feel about it. Ye, I gave your flowers on and off care We don't have to think about you.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know, right, so I do. But to me, it's like, where the fuck is Big Dale?
Speaker 7: You know, I fucking you know so corn fed texting come out of right, and then you go back and go, oh no, he's a real fucking deal. I watched four years of college film and I'm like, Alwa's worth every pinny we're paying him.
Speaker 1: This is what we need. This is the the young energy the line needs. Right.
Speaker 7: But to a casual well, it just looked like, you know, okay, here's some dude that you know, probably started playing football six months ago, and it's just big and you're like, no, this is a dud who's been playing football's whole life. Yeah, that's that's most most of us. Me and me and my wife are talking about it last night. I'm sure Ernest is like this, I don't know what to do when I'm not making music, because it's what I want to do.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Like who you are.
Speaker 7: It's like when you're sitting at the house and you just all ate dinner and there's that awkward silence and you're like, I don't want to watch a movie.
Speaker 1: I want to write a song, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: It's like that ship's just so ingrained in us from go It's like, uh, Ernest will be there five years, five years, somebody will guess this.
Speaker 4: It already exists. You've seen, You've seen Walk Hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 4: The most real thing in that whole movie, bro, is when she's saying She's like, I'm gonna walk and I'm gonna walk hard. And he's like he looks up like She's like, don't you dare write a song right now, Dewey Cocks. That ship happens all the time, something happens. She'll say something and I'm like, that's a great title. Yeah, let me let me go run with that, And she did. The other day She's like, God, she because we're in the process of moving when we were cleaning out the house and she was like, God, we're probably gonna haunt this house. I was like, hold that thought, yeah, studio and wrote Haunt the Haunting this House, and I was like, all right, I'll give you right credit. We're where are you moving to? You don't have to say it. It is that far away from me? Can you blur me out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We could do that. Are you moving?
Speaker 2: Because you live like five minutes away from me? Now I'll be fifteen minutes away, far enough to get you over. I'll be over there, no problem.
Speaker 1: I love that you get that game.
Speaker 4: I'll come. I'll come do that all the time. That was so much fun.
Speaker 1: That shit is fun, dude, Just listen.
Speaker 7: I'll come play to switch one ever. Yeah, that'sbowitch too.
Speaker 1: Though I'm on the box, we're not.
Speaker 3: We're taking a quick, quick, quick quick break from the episode to shout out. Ridge Wallet an ultra slim minimalist wallet. It holds up to twelve cards plus room for cash. There's over thirty colors of styles, including carbon fire and burnt Titanium. It's made with r f I D blocking technology that protects you from digital pickpocketers. They also have a new key case to you organize your keys. The boy blost in the back he has as he loves it. He secures anywhere from two to six keys and it organize your keys and a compact silhouette and fold out for easy access. Get the best offer with our link Ridge dot Com Forward slash Bus and again another incredible stocking stuffer. Another incredible stocking stuffer. Get your guy what he thinks, well, you know he needs that. He doesn't think.
Speaker 1: About Ridge wallat shot. Put the boys back to the episode which Xbox I play anything? Do you play Rocket League? Yes, sir, hey, he'd be a Rocket League. I'm not my dude.
Speaker 7: My dude's scary layer. Shout out my brother scary. He's he's my Rocket League guy on the bus. Yeah, he takes everybody's money. I'll bring them in one night to play with y'all. All right, I'm down with the rocket Like. My bus is set up like this. If somebody shows up to play Madden, Oh we got the Madden guy. Yeah, it shows up to play hockey.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got a thousand dollars on my Hockey guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Somebody shows up wanting to play Rocket League. Oh, I got a thousand dollars on the Rocket League guy.
Speaker 13: Damn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got a bus full. Like we gamble on video games all night. I did one hundred and one shows this year being being on the.
Speaker 1: Roads gambling with your boys. This is a scary day.
Speaker 2: I got caught in it last night on the way back to la playing boo with Derek Henry and Jeffrey Simmons.
Speaker 1: Wow, they were playing against her. Yeah, they were playing against me. I lost a lot of money. I did not do well. You're the most I've seen lost on a planet. Was like.
Speaker 3: Like one hundred and fifty to two hundred and fifty grand might have been it might have been a ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I keep putting them out there like that. Huh put out there like that. He's made a lot of money.
Speaker 14: Trend's fucking yeah, they bet like that, dude, Brent Dover, tre Williams, Dielford, U A b Do we ever finish? Did we ever figure out the quiet? I know it just kind of went on a long tangent there. But you were asking something about him and Morgan Wallen's.
Speaker 1: I was asking what does the process look like for him to be where Morgan is.
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 2: A shot at Morgan, this is a question to become that big. Is there a level of I've got to and this is a tough word. Sell out a little bit in a certain way. No, oh, you get the fans I need in.
Speaker 1: Fact, not selling it, yeah, not selling it. What's happening right now in music Row?
Speaker 7: I'll say the stuff that Ernest can say, but I'll get in a lot less trouble than he will say. It is people actually give a fuck, Like there's an authenticity finally happening in country music. That is like you know it's not listen. I've said this and be very clear. Music Row has always been like build a Bear, right, They literally just go and find a guy. They get a lady to style him up, put him in clothes, They hand him a cowboy hat. Ernest gives him a hit record, They hand him a fucking gift some guitar fucking know what I mean, And they set them against age and they and then they put him some dudes you don't know that has eighty streams is opening up for an amphitheater act direct support and boring your fucking lights out for forty five minutes singing songs you don't fucking know years ago. He's fucking it's like a bit like he was the Build a Bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know he was so, and now they're in.
Speaker 7: Realizing, yeah, it's a complete manufactured thing. And now it's like these these boys are doing what the fuck they want to do, and they're saying what they want to say, and they're acting the way they want to act, and they're unapologetically them. Dude, there was a time when country music artist would apologize for smoking pot.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And it's like I had to apologize at Madison Square Garden. It's like, you know, there's no smoking in here. It's probably like a twenty thousand dollars smoking fever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking but I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but M told you, can you imagine that?
Speaker 7: Like just fucking like you would have to just you're a fucking We're not talking about an athlete. We're talking about a race car driver. We're talking about a goddamn musician. We're talking about a dude that since around the dicks, around the wrights, fucking busting with the boys. Jingles, Yeah, fucking yay, smokes weed. Yeah, let me tell you something. Sober Jelly walks into a room like somebody hand made guitar. I want to show you something I've been working on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Fucking Jelly is like, hey, I play guitar. Yeah, I see a guitar in the corner. I got something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: It's like, of course, fucking yeah no, there's no not selling out as what. Zach Bryan was probably the second most streamed artist in country music this year. He's like number twenty six on country radio right now and publicly has said he doesn't want to.
Speaker 1: Be on country radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah why uh he the sona?
Speaker 1: It just send us out, dude.
Speaker 4: Dude has his own laying in his own position and it's awesome and he doesn't need to be anything else like that. That mentality is what makes him dope, and people rally behind it because they feel like they're hoisting him and it's not like a label and it's not him and it is real that they are hoisting him and it's all happened organically.
Speaker 7: I mean, and hold on good on country radio, Amen, playing Amen good on country radio to say, hey man, you know what, we're gonna separate the artists from the art here. This is incredible for our listeners, yes, right, which is the same risk that country radio took on me right when they were like, look man, we know, this kid's got a history of this or this, and he's known for this, but this song is incredible and people need to hear it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: It's like good for them for that.
Speaker 7: And what's happening is that now the whole business is opening up to wild shit, like guys like Jelly roll can get into country music, you know what I mean, Like this is it's gonna be a paradigm shift. Every You'll see paradigm shift throughout the history of country music, like how the nineties came out of the eighties, and how the nineties one of the early two thousands, and you look at music and eras. I think that the early twenty twenties will kind of be remembered as the this era. How Morgan Wallen figured it out in Wildcard and how Jailly it's gonna be the Wildcard era.
Speaker 1: That's fucking what they should call.
Speaker 7: We should coin it now the wild Gardens to be in the Country Music Hall of Fame in ten years was this was the Wildcard era. It was like everybody, who's fucking but Midland? How about you met them dudes? They don't look, you know, like their country is Colin Greens but they're fucking far out, as the guy would say, you know, they're in their fucking they're in their own thing, you know.
Speaker 6: And we're in that era right now where guys like Hardy are doing rock records too.
Speaker 4: Number one rock song on Cyrus this year Hardy did Sorry Who Are You?
Speaker 1: Number two? I think I was number number three.
Speaker 3: That's crazy though out here, you know, dude, it's some boy. And not to not to minimize any of your ability at all, like talking about the Morgan thing, but sometimes you just can't process.
Speaker 1: You can't process your way to to to it.
Speaker 3: Like also vocally is just I knew sometimes you just got it, like you you can work hard as fuck, but if you have it with it, like you're just gonna you're gonna be there, You're gonna be fucking it. It's like trying to take it's like trying to take some of your abilities. And like some left tackle and an aspiring left tackle that wants to be like Tay Lawan, that's just not they just they genetically just they'll work as hard as fuck, but they just can't get those certain level because there's something that is God given with certain people that they just got. You know what I mean, Like, I'm sure you wish at times like you might be writing I don't. I don't know, No, I don't want to minimize dude, know exactly. I know. It's sure there's times where you're writing You're like there's a selfless part. There's an awareness aspect that you're like, this is gonna be perfect for oh, like I wish I could sound like this motherfg beer. That's just Rode banger right now.
Speaker 1: That's what I love about.
Speaker 4: Writing with him, for Morgan, because it is it is fun when I have something I know that is gonna sound awesome with his voice like Taylor Man and when he's in the room two. It's it's hard to write a bad song with a guy who sings like that because it's like, even if it is a shitty song, when he sings it back, it's like sounds like a Morgan Wallen record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like his last album.
Speaker 2: I think you might have said this to me, but what percentage of Morgan's last album did you write?
Speaker 4: I think I have a number in my head. Well, if it wasn't a thirty song album, but it was on I think it was a third third of the album.
Speaker 1: Look, he says that, like the casual number Yeah, no, it's no, it's only.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and there's there's no, there's no like I don't know what the right word like, I guess jealousy if for lack of a better word. When you write something for him and you see him having the successes, they're a feeling you at all.
Speaker 1: No I go.
Speaker 4: I mean tropping side stage seeing seeing him sing our song, like a song I wrote or we wrote every night, it is always just as rewarding. You're like, you just remember when it started as a baby, a little baby song in a room with a couple of people, and then it's like, oh, there's thirty five thousand people singing everywhere.
Speaker 7: All boats float, bubble, all boats, all boats float, you know what I mean. It's like all boats float. That's that's the biggest side of that. All boats floating. That's that real friendship. It's like anytime I do something in my life struggle. Jennings is one of the first people to text me. Ernest is one of the second one. You're always in the top ten. You're always quick.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that for real.
Speaker 7: I like both of them, you know, they say boy He'll be the first guy to be like, Yo, fucking Taylor la wan here fucking Tom Brady sorom yeah, and nounce who he is because one here and I'm just like, I know Taylor. Yeah, it's like you know, but that's what you're supposed to do. It's supposed to be like hell yeah, it's like I've hit you. When I see something big happen on the bus, I'm like, that's BIG's fucking go, you know what I mean, Like I hit the motherfucker. Like you want to see your homies win. Because all boats float y'all's podcast blowing up the last two years. I'm sure he knows it. It's done great for sucking us. You hadn't heard us that we're a frequented guest that were you know how many people, and y'all got a.
Speaker 1: Fan base like I got a fan base. I was gonna see that ride now. Yeah. From this cast.
Speaker 7: Literally, the people will stop you, like I know when somebody has a real fan base, when they stop you and go, dude.
Speaker 1: I see you with the boys? Yeah, fucking boys, man, what's upwhere playoff?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 6: You know, because the best part is they think you're like with me.
Speaker 1: You have those guys who are like me all the time.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was in California yesterday and people are like, hey, where's Will, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Right here with my family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's I want to hear his voice.
Speaker 2: The podcast is wild, how because like just being Sofi Stadium, I was with like walking with Harold Landry and we're like walking through and people have that that banner that's right there. The boys, you are toting that thing. No, they care playing a flag like it's for a football.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's not the most massive fan base in the world, but they are awesome. Listen break by Brick with these dudes and the foundations incredible career.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I called him to this day, I still call my fan base the mighty three hundred. Yeah we are we are spark to you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean A small fan basis.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you look at monthly listeners, I got probably one of the smaller monthly listeners in country music. But I outstream fifty sixty seventy percent of country music with less listeners.
Speaker 1: That just shows me that over Jelly, Like if you listen to Jelly, you listen to Jelly. Yeah, you know what I mean like I'm your guy. You know that's doing with the boys.
Speaker 7: Like if you watch Busting with the Boys, you fucking watch Busting with the Boys, you know for sure it's like you know, and that's that that you can't ask for a better I would. I'll take mine over a pop culture look anytime like that influx of a bunch of people that come in because something, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean, like that, just when it's not sizzling hot, popping.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can't let slide though, Will When you tell Ernest that sometimes you see where you're going, but you don't clearly see the path, but you know where you're heading, right, that was.
Speaker 6: The bridgetone moment for me. Circle back.
Speaker 7: I didn't, dude, I walked in that center when it was the so Ma Center. I'll never forget to open a nice of the predatal Mason.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I'm saying. I didn't even know that it was called the Center first and then it was called the Gaylord Entertainment Complex Floyd first and then so Man. No, I think it was in reverse. You're right, but you're right, Yeah, no, no, it had I don't know. I don't know money, bro.
Speaker 7: Know, I think you are right immediate, you would know you than I think it was it, but I think our Phield bretesl was our mayor.
Speaker 1: It was nineteen ninety six when they announced that. I remember that.
Speaker 6: It was a year Tupac died.
Speaker 1: Big year.
Speaker 7: My life was a young man, we had an mareenad Tupac died. I was four, it was growing.
Speaker 4: I went to w I went to the Olympics in Atlanta with my parents. I was on a dog leash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I hate when I see that ship walking around them all and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Little kids on leashes bring a macro quick. But I never knew how i'd get there.
Speaker 4: Cool ship, dude, Like literally like the creative side of people.
Speaker 2: And it's amazing how like this well when people say the melt the cliche, oh it's a melting pot, it truly is. When you're able to get kind of through a couple of barriers and get into like very extremely creative people's lives, like the two of you, and just experience it. Like there's not a better feeling than when you guys send me your music, when you send me a hey, listen to this real quick, and I'll let you put that ship I'm like hype and then low key on Telbot, Hey you hear jo new song?
Speaker 1: No you haven't that? Do you not get hype about that? You feel like you're a part of it? You really do. It's it's a.
Speaker 6: Out on Twitter to get the record.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like, He's like, okay, I said, I just got the masters. He was like, I'm surprised I ain't got this in the texture or something that immediately.
Speaker 7: Could interrupt our friendship. You need to straighten this out. Yeah, that's why I said. The other came from the top, So I was those other songs are.
Speaker 1: Fire, they really they're fire. Still is a storyline.
Speaker 4: Esque, like this storyline asque soaked and Still there's a couple of love songs of hope and dreams, and then some sad songs and then got.
Speaker 7: A really cool tempo though the album's got a cool flow. Ernest is really fine and what Ernest does, Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 2: So what's next for Jelly? Then you did bridgeton. We just know we conquered a giant.
Speaker 1: On our way up.
Speaker 7: Side of the mountain over here. Thankfully we dropped she and need a Favor right here at the end of the year. She was something I just needed to get off my chest. I don't know if you heard it, but it's a real deep cut about addiction. Every song I ever wrote about addiction. When my child's mother first got hooked on heroin was an anger like addiction kills. The song I wrote it was like I was always just really spoke about it from a mad perspective, and I wanted to write about it from the other perspective, like the heartfelt side of like, damn, man, I can't believe you let yourself get like that. And I think it took her coming out of that and getting sober for me to kind of remember, you know what I mean. But she was important. Nita favors our next single. I got a country album coming out. My next album will be country, and I have a rock album. Do some rapping after that, But yeah.
Speaker 4: Because did you say you're like, hey, I've been putting out some country music, but don't get a twisted. I can still rap.
Speaker 6: I can still rap. No, I got something cooking, I got something that something.
Speaker 1: Do you fight with that in your head at all? Ever?
Speaker 2: Like, damn, country music is banging for you right now. These singles you're putting out when you're singing, people are like, holy shit, do you ever feel slighted?
Speaker 4: Like, hey, I can rip my shit is rapping too, I can do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Something is there ever, like a battle you're playing in your head?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's always the competitive side of the sport. Yeah, Like hip hop is such a competitive driven thing that there's like sometimes you just want to go back and see if you still got Like you hear stuff, And the cool thing about rapping is me and Ernest will send each other's stuff that inspires me. Like that kid Simba that I always send Ernest. I don't know if you checked him out, but he's incredible. We had a record come out to Shirtles Nuts or Millies, the White Guy out of Boston, Like I'll hear them and be like I can still do that though, Yeah, and you're tempted. But I just love the impact that the music's making now, you know what I mean? Like, I don't want anything to take away from the new album is like super introspective like all my records are, but this is like a growing record for me, Like my next album is gonna be almost like drawing a line in the sand to a degree of like you see you'll see the growth as a man. Like even the songs I'm writing right now are just super We joked about some Jesus stuff earlier, but it's like I'm in a really grateful spot. I mean, y'all can tell I'm more laid back to normal, you know what I mean, Like I'm gonna really give a really humble like energy.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe, dude, you know, I've just been I've just had the wildest year of my life. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Like, ultimately, I don't I'm still trying to process and wrap my head around what the fuck happened this year, you know. Like, dude, I've been watching clips from The Bridgestone like a kid at night, just on my phone, Like, I can't believe that was me. One of my favorite things though from that night, And that's one of those nights where you don't remember a lot. It's like a wedding. You referenced that that night, Yeah, but I vividly remember Taylor coming out and going, dude, I'm so proud of you. This is a big fucking deal.
Speaker 6: He was, Like I knew it was a big deal, but me and Will didn't realize how big of a deal.
Speaker 7: It was until we pulled in the arena, and I felt that because I didn't either like you're promoting it and you're like, dude, I sold out the Bridgestone and then you walk in and you're like, well this fucking get.
Speaker 1: Sold out the bridge spout, dude.
Speaker 2: And the way you were talking when you texted us like what Tuesday, hey man having the show at Bridgetow. Would lovet for you guys to come. In my head, I'm like, man, if I can make it, I'd love to go to that. But then you get there and you're like, damn. If I didn't come to this, I would have felt like I would have never understood how big if a deal this was because you were so laid back about that situation.
Speaker 7: I could tell you this, I will tell you something that's in super inside Baseball. I didn't text nobody and invite them, but y'all that's a y'all are my coferends that I knew was like, they might not even know this is happening.
Speaker 1: When you call that no clue. I was like, Hey, my wife's out of town, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: The city was bossing about it. Everybody knew that everybody Tuesday and Wednesday. I was like, I bet they don't have a clue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had no idea what were together? Like, uh, Charle was at a town you were over like Thursday night when you when that phone.
Speaker 3: Call was like, hey hey Bubba, Yeah, hey Bubba, I sold off the bridgestone Arena's probably.
Speaker 1: Gonna be the biggest ne in my lab a little bit.
Speaker 3: You guys have to be there the red carpet, guys, dude fans out of town home free agent.
Speaker 7: I text Lawan, I had to call cop. I was like, yo, like I really appreciated it. Yeah, yeah, this is a big deal.
Speaker 1: Playing it down till I was like, we sold out the bridge though, but I know how I'm trying to get the whole time too, And bro that'.
Speaker 4: That is the coolest one because like when you like massive girls, Hey I can't.
Speaker 3: Hear you, but.
Speaker 1: Trying to remember.
Speaker 4: Words yeah yeah, yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: It is crazy because when you're like when you're playing a sport and people are yelling at you're trying to get your attention, you're kind of like so locked into what you're doing. When you walked off that stage, you were from me to you right now, and we're like, yo, jelly jelly, and you fucking b line to that cart sat down, so damn quick, and y'all are sucking out there.
Speaker 1: I looked that Will nervous.
Speaker 4: I looked at Will. I go, he's got a ship right now.
Speaker 2: There's no way where the is he going because last time you were in the body like I gotta see you just left.
Speaker 6: You gotta have to walk down because y'all brought me on here fucking hungover.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then all of a sudden you're on the other side. I'm like, damn, this dude is just in his fucking bag right now.
Speaker 1: Just it broke out.
Speaker 4: Could you see them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: You were telling us about that though, before we get to the fighting.
Speaker 7: Some funny I didn't think about this to night. Taylor said that that exact same thing happened to me in Buffalo. Really, you know, I was out on the field in Buffalo the night that you got hurt. You on the field, I was pre gaming on the field and you ran right by me, and I was like, oh, my boy is in full blown fucking football mode.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 7: He's also fucking Buffalo. So it's like I couldn't screaming what you weren't gonna hear me?
Speaker 1: No way. My only hope was that you just turned a little right. Were you on the field, Yeah, that's wild. Yeah I was on the field.
Speaker 7: I came out for the dude, fucking funnest night of tour this year we're looking at Bill.
Speaker 1: It gets even better.
Speaker 7: There's a bar called the Prohibition, right that's in the parking lot of the Bill Stadium.
Speaker 1: In the fucking parking lot, the corner of the parking lot. Right.
Speaker 7: They're like, oh, we fucking love jelly. They let me park three buses there, so we pull.
Speaker 4: In it like everything right.
Speaker 1: I didn't have a blug, but they let us pull in.
Speaker 7: They completely cleared their park, a lot of all their tailgaters, long term tailgaters.
Speaker 1: People have been paying the tailgate here for years. Clear, let us park.
Speaker 7: The best day of that tour for me was I wake up at probably eleven o'clock that morning to hearing people raging outside.
Speaker 1: Of the bus, rage and keeping nine.
Speaker 7: It was Monday night, fucking football. The game was not gonna start for eight. The cool dude, Oh wow, no dude, they were.
Speaker 1: They were, I mean not noon.
Speaker 7: They were doing flips off of the They had a like a like a party bus like this, we're doing flips off the top of it through tables.
Speaker 1: At noon, we got smashed that up Bill's Mafia.
Speaker 7: We got We're drunk, dude, shout out Bill's Mafia. We got smack drunk. But listen, you wouldn't want to talk to me that day anyways.
Speaker 1: I was fired up. I couldn't be let me on the field. I was just drunk, sweating.
Speaker 7: I've been drinking all day with the Bill's Mafia people talking ship.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing all tight and ship and me stopped to say high to me.
Speaker 4: No, cool, Yeah, that's fucking that was super cool.
Speaker 2: Hey, there is no there's a great feeling you get when you wake up in the morning and you don't know what that day is going to bring to you, but then all of a sudden, someone's in a vibe.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, let's have some drinks, and you're like, okay.
Speaker 2: Turns out Berg Kreischer has an incredible like uh his speech you did on conversation.
Speaker 4: That's the most.
Speaker 1: That's Denzel Washington levels.
Speaker 2: Do we want the mostes?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 2: Actually this bottles the most? You think Oh, this is gonna be the best day of our lives?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 1: Is I miss that? There's our title there?
Speaker 6: We have too old now Jesus was a celebrity.
Speaker 7: Yeah, White Denzel definitely made me want to have a morning cocktail.
Speaker 2: Listen, ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt this episode to bring you Fit Bod. Building a workout routine shouldn't have to take hours of research and keeping things challenging shouldn't mean buying even more gear. The Fitbod app creates a workout routine that adapts as you improve and uses the equipment you already you have. That's a big deal, dude, because if you're thinking that's the hardest thing when you start working out, it's like, what the fuck do I do?
Speaker 4: This is a difficult situation. Now you got the Fitbod.
Speaker 2: Fitbod is helping you with the things you have that is absolutely incredible so you can reach the next level without burning through all your free time or that cash. Getting started is sticking and sticking to a program are two of the biggest obstacles in two exercise I'm so hungry, Hold let me swallow real quick. Get a lot us aliva in there, dude, but now you can easily create a dynamic routine personalized to your equipment and goals with a fit bod app. Just add in your equipment, pick a fitness goal, and fitbod will create a routine for you. Whether you've been missing the gym time or you've hit a plateau, a fresh start has never been easier. The app switches up your exercises to avoid overtraining or burning out, and your program changes based on your personal progress for maximum results. A full year of fitbod is less than the cost of a single session with a personal trainer. That is something to think about. Boys and girls.
Speaker 4: We all got to get fit.
Speaker 2: Boys, we all want to look in the mirror a little naked and say, hey, I'm proud of this.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of what I'm progress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I'm making progress, because baby, you just gotta stack stack a brick one day at a time. Join fitbod today and build a routine that grows with you without slimming down your wallet. Get twenty five percent off your subscription or try a app free at our link in the description below, or go to fitbod dot me slash bussing. That's the link in the description or f I T B O D DOT M E slash bustin' and with that, please enjoy this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah he really is. You were going to talk about the fight that broke out a Jelly's count.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I'm just doing Flower stops the least fight provokings. It wouldn't like we're playing Yeah yeah Flowers, I get verse chorus, Jelly sings his verse. We're going to chorus, and then it's like, I'm getting distracted because I see a circle foreman and people are like a hi hi wining, and in this day and age, you gotta you gotta check. I didn't know if you know, passed out, odeed or what right. And then it's like, oh, it's a fight.
Speaker 1: This just scraping on this guy.
Speaker 4: His homies are getting done in there. He's like, no, real, don't need to be done in this.
Speaker 1: He's talking to Rail on the microphone.
Speaker 4: Please get out of there, and yeah, looking between the chorus and the bridge, and there's clearly a fight happening right here.
Speaker 1: And I was like, fucking mister.
Speaker 4: Business, it doesn't matter. You feel better.
Speaker 3: I feel like you can't be in a Jelly Rold concert with that the mix of all the people there, Like, I'm so thinking that they do not hang out ever, They're all hanging out of jail.
Speaker 7: Nobody got hers, no doubt. There's gonna be proud of what I'm fixing. Yeah, walking, I'm not proud of what people.
Speaker 1: Probably want to be.
Speaker 7: But they said more people got arrested after that concert than any concert, and as.
Speaker 1: History, that is worth a cloud cloud And I'm not proud of this.
Speaker 7: But I heard this from the actual the police department because Scoop Nashville was covering it and they were tagging me and all this wild ship. They said that it almost got that bad that the Jacksonville got Scoop was and.
Speaker 1: They were just fire me up. Listen.
Speaker 7: My favorite one was the girl that was like she ended up getting arrested just because she was so drunk she didn't even know where she was going. Did y'all see that story where she I tried to bail her out but she had already got out. Oh really, me and my wife tried to get her. She had the saddest story ever.
Speaker 2: She was just like I was just the old hell that got arrested, the same thing, perfect picture of all the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, you know. I mean, like JP's dad was trying to buy a ticket to come down.
Speaker 4: Henry hit me up and he was like, hey, my dad wants to hear the concert.
Speaker 1: Is a.
Speaker 7: Scroll up right there to the left, to the left. That girl right there, she's one read read a little bit of that well, so the best part, No, you have to read it out loud.
Speaker 1: For a minute.
Speaker 7: It was unable to name her hotel so she could get transferred to transported there, and was eventually taken into custody for public intoxication. When informed of her charges, Carter explained that she was just enjoying her night after the Jelly Roll concert and she was not driving, so she couldn't be charged with public intoxication. They took her to jail because she was just so drunk she.
Speaker 4: Didn't know where to where I'm at or where I'm going right now, Just like, where are you going?
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't know. They were like, we'll take you to your hotel. I don't know where I'm staying, yeah.
Speaker 4: But I know I just came from there.
Speaker 7: They put Mark safe from going to jail after the Jelli Roll concert in National Tennis, you're gonna have a studio to record the album and now whatever whatever her name islor holler at us, which we tried to bail her out.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: That's so good.
Speaker 1: I mean the variety of it's incredible.
Speaker 6: Looked up everybody who got arrested and trying to make chase and.
Speaker 7: Somebody around the concert, like there's a guy and a girl just probably fighting over whose favorite.
Speaker 1: Song was, what.
Speaker 4: Jail it was?
Speaker 1: It was a night I'll live forever man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no doubt, new album. I don't know what we'll do next for Nashville. I want to do what that was annually. I really do have a five, five to ten year plan on how I want. I want to build halfway houses for children to come out of because a lot of the time these kids come out of juvenile and they go right back to the environment. It's not really conducive for them changing. So I don't want to get them into places where they can receive love and you.
Speaker 4: Know its possible to move forward.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's like because the problem is, even if we do start the rehabilitation in there and have an aftercare program, you put that kid right back in that same house. Yeah, do you become a profic situation stances, you know what I mean. It's like we got to find a way to completely change the narrative. New playgrounds, new playmates, is what they would say.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: So I got a real plan, and I think the way I'm going to be able to do it is just hopefully continue to build these Nashville shows next year, maybe do two nights, you know what I mean, and just continue to try to build on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to try to build on. But you know, Morgan did three, so God willing, we can do too.
Speaker 6: But I just want to.
Speaker 1: I just want to be in a place where we can. I want to use that as my platform to build. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you're don are you planning to donate everything? Always, every time, every single time, even if you're in a pinch. I just man, if I get in a pinch, I fucked up.
Speaker 1: Bad? Yeah yeah, yeah, bad, y'all. You know what I mean? Like I fucked up? Really really? What's not saying I'm above it? Yeah yeah yeah yeah, But.
Speaker 6: With the mindset I have right now, be okay.
Speaker 2: You know, well, if you're if you're doing that, I'm sure you can get I mean, you already have so many friends in the business.
Speaker 1: You can get so many people that come and do need Morgan to go out there. Well, that's that's the girl is not in a pinch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's still wearing jelly.
Speaker 1: This is nice. That's the goal though.
Speaker 7: Man. I just want to I just really I want to have an impact. I want to help the kids, man. That's I want to start the community leveling.
Speaker 1: I want to be. That's what I want to be, you know, remembered for.
Speaker 4: I want to help with in any way with that too. I know we talked about doing some stuff too, with logans and whatnot. We will, but any any of that stuff. I'm down to going out and ship. I'll go play some country songs for them kids.
Speaker 7: What I want you to go freestyle with I'll lunch table beat freestyle. I'll come freestyle any day. What I want to do is create a monthly programming there where I bring my friends through in like one month, get Taylor and the boys to come in and lead up a workshop about you know, athleticism.
Speaker 1: And I want it to be really uh.
Speaker 7: I don't want it to be preachy, you know what I mean, Like because when I go in there, what we do now is Robert Sherlan, the Impact Youth Outreach, which is who we partner with through all this process, will take us up to the units. So we'll go up to where the kids are and instead of talking to thirty em at a time, we'll go up for two hours and spend thirty minutes with seven to ten ome at a time. Yeah you know, but you know what I mean, and really go sit down and get to really sit down the table. Man, what's your story? Yeah, you know, And it's really kind of it's just showing them love, man, not preaching out.
Speaker 1: They don't need to be scared. Straight.
Speaker 7: They don't give a fuck. I done scared of these kids. They aren't here for attempted homicide. Dude, don't give a fuck about somebody coming here and threatening them. Yeah them, you're gonna lose the rest of your life here, Like dude, I wasn't supposed to anything in my life anyways. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, because that's how I felt. You know, it's totally how I felt. So when you have a motherfucker coming and look up. The first time I went in, they had the YouTube pull up and they were watching like their favorite YouTubers first time I went in there, I spent my whole thirty minutes with that group, just watching youtubes with them, asking them why they liked and what they thought of it, and then stopping it and going, you know, the dude, you know this channels, it's probably gonna make a million dollars this year, you know what I mean, like to point out stuff they never thought about, you know what I mean. I'm like, the dude who edited this channels probably gonna make a hundred grand, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I was like, opportunities.
Speaker 7: There are opportunities, right because it's you know, it's just a good due with a camera more than ever, more than ever. Like, But they don't they've never seen opportunity. You know, you can't judge what they did is wrong, and you know you got to correct it. But you can't expect somebody who's never seen success to understand that it's possible to have it, you know what I mean, it's not. And they haven't even seen nobody. They haven't had a meet, they haven't had an earnest or will or even a blos. They haven't even had a cool blose come in and just go, hey, dude, I'm not against y'all.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. You know you should do more, you.
Speaker 7: Know you but you get what I'm saying, Like you come, like it would mean so much just to have somebody from that community come and just be like, hey, man, we're not against you. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, you know, that's what they need love, man, And that's all I want to I want to bring a lot of love to it. And I want to go to every facility in the state of Tennessee and build it big. I got a forty fifty min dolls playing here.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Then shoot for the good good dude, Joe, Yeah, we will, and I from I was a horrible human, but I'm definitely I'll do what ever you need me to deal.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure how much he can bring to the table.
Speaker 1: I can't sing now.
Speaker 7: I'm telling y'all they need but they don't because not everybody's gonna be not everybody's going to be a basketball player, now everybody, you know, somebody's got to be a barber.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the dude who cuts my hair makes.
Speaker 7: A quarterman dollars a year plus, you know what I mean, Like, Yeah, the hell of a barber well, he owns a barber shop and he's learned how to vertically integrate the business.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean. But you know, I was just a regular dude that just picked up a set of sheers and treated it like a craft. He loves it.
Speaker 7: He's like the barber dude that has the barber ship. Shout out to Landing, but I don't know if you know Landing, but he's the sharpest boy. He's the motherfucker funny about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know Landing. Chill out.
Speaker 7: The way, Ernest went, yeah, you know, and conversational dude. Then, guy, I was looking for a barber joke.
Speaker 1: Cutting that Chris West though, no free shot. I like, I like Chris, you ain't had a hair cutting year. What's your real name?
Speaker 7: Ernest Keith Smith, Bradley d Ford, Jason Bradley d Ford, Yes, Sir d Ford d Ford.
Speaker 1: That's a cool He is a dog. He is an Edward Ford, like the truck with the capitol left defoul.
Speaker 3: Thinking when eOne was like, you're a good dude, jaillyer Rold, I'm just thinking, like, man, I don't even know this dude.
Speaker 1: We're boys like Jelly.
Speaker 3: I always call you Jelly, everybody will like people go either way to talk about Oh hey, I listened to Jelly's new stuff, and it's like, that's fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: Your fan base is crazy, man.
Speaker 6: Do all the way your fan base does me. It makes me feel better.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, do you do you mind being called Jason? Like when people call me Keith.
Speaker 4: If they knew me as Keith back in the day and still call me Keith, its endearing. But if somebody just met me as Ernest find out my first name or middle names Keith and they start calling me Keith, I'm like, you know what I mean like that? Yeah, no, that way about Jason.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I never think not many people call me Jason right just started becoming a thing. Yeah, it's like Jay or I've been my mama calls me Jelly.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Like it's like, yeah, for sure, my mama called Like I don't you were Jelly, Like from from the beginning, I am less likely to turn around if you say Jason, yeah right, you know what I mean? Like, I just assume you're not talking to me almost even in this room right now, Like, hey Jason, i'd go, oh, I was only eight people and I'm the only Jason I know.
Speaker 6: Everybody else's man.
Speaker 1: What's yeah? Yeah, I don't even you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I'm still used, but I guess we're just having like real talk. I hope that one day I probably move into Jason or Jay.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, why is that? Dude?
Speaker 6: I'm getting old?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: How old are you then? I'm thirty eight?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: Is only the basic information of Jelly today?
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I'm to ask when he talks about.
Speaker 1: Jelly being a good like, I just I and it's like the only example I have thinking of you.
Speaker 3: But you were doing music with Little White and I was fucking in middle school in heist school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: There, and you are good dude.
Speaker 3: And I think in my brain you're a good dude now, yeah, because you went to that, You're a juv kid.
Speaker 1: You were a type of dude, like you know you for.
Speaker 3: A long time, don't want like, hey, don't be hanging around. Truly made such a turn that it's like it's incredible. Yeah, you should be insanely proud. No, thank you really should the first time in my life, I really am, like I've never been more proud, like I've always had an asterisk by everything, and it's like, this is the first year I was like, No, I'm like really proud of who.
Speaker 7: I've become, like of the man like dude. I was a bad dude. Man, I was a really less than admirable human for a long time.
Speaker 1: Like I was, I did.
Speaker 7: I did nothing to help my community. I did everything I could to kill it. I did everything I could to bring drama to stuff. I was always in the middle of ship. I was angry, I was mad at the world. I felt like I had a point to prove. I've been in more fistfights than I'm carishit, not proud of it.
Speaker 6: Just like I was the fat dude that just immediately fought people.
Speaker 7: He's fat, were just fighting right then, I'm hitting you, just like I thought so much of my life was about your mom first immediately it wasn't even now it's like, oh fuck, we'll talk about each other's mom whatever. Like you know, Yeah, I just wasn't a good person neither. I just had a bad spirit about me and I just moment that changed that for you, Bailey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my daughter being born, remember because you were in prison, right, Remember the first time he was talking about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, first time I ever told where the Bus used to be true story. The first time I ever told my story on a public platform was on this podcast Learn just put us in a text together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you it came.
Speaker 2: I remember hearing about you before that, Like right when our podcast first started. Buddy from Tight Motoring was like, but you got to hear this guy Jelly. He's in Nashville, he loves the boys, and you're right to.
Speaker 3: People would talk about that, and actually ever saw you in person was that Caleb Plants fighting Bridgestone And I was thinking like, oh, that's the dude, like scary looking dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like just having no clue about Jelly at all. Right, we moved different too, so could we get seen out?
Speaker 7: We moved like we got intentions. That's no, it's just it's it's really cool man. It's been a good year, man, And I'm glad we got to come back and recap it. Yeah, I'm glad because that was the highlight of my night was seeing you all after the show really because we were we were talking about it probably throughout the whole that little party after the show, like.
Speaker 4: Do we go see him?
Speaker 3: Do we not?
Speaker 1: Go see him.
Speaker 4: We're like, we got I was like, we gotta go say hello, but we want to be like about it as.
Speaker 7: Part was he sat there and thought that all night and then looked at Big g Who Big Mallard my dude, y'all know, look at Big mall and say, hey, man, you take me to jail.
Speaker 1: M I was like, yeah, come on, ba, why did not just do that? Yeah, that's so funny. I love it. Shut up cool bro shout out the Big Mallory man. Well too, like gonna be a daddy when you.
Speaker 3: Just hear somebody parent like like JP saying his dad wanted to go buy a ticket, like just knowing just like that they got and they like it, because that's not it's just not a combination you would.
Speaker 1: Ever know my people like that.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm kind of shy about it because it felt like I'm telling y'all know, it sounds like a weird comparison. But I never went to high school, right, so I never experienced like having that kind of a moment in life where you felt like, you know, I never even had a big birthday party, you know what I mean, Like I wasn't people that come to my birthday party, you're not you know.
Speaker 1: Like the whole week to be week, we were staying.
Speaker 7: That there just in all bro like, man, it's like people like people taking the time out of their life to be like y'all taking the time to be there. Like nobody who performed with me that night even insinuated they wanted money, never like never even like even parmally with opening the shows, like can we just come out? And jam I was like, you're telling me this, dude, they got like five number ones, Like, you're telling me your band with five number ones just wants to come to open the show or just on the.
Speaker 1: Crit just to come fuck with me. And I'm like, I called Riley and I was like, Riley, I desperately, Oh yeah yeah, And that's nothing, crazy.
Speaker 2: Dude, Garthen that issuing wild Riley.
Speaker 7: He didn't hesitate. He's like, yeah, man, he's the top of the week. I'm there, like everybody see.
Speaker 1: With the San Diego that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's crazy, yeah because we really hate Yeah, we're trying to hang out with him and he's like, I'm going to San Diego right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah all right, No, they literally like moved some yeah huh. But I so I was like, yeah, yes, ma'am, I know they got through sea worlds. There's an Antioch everywhere.
Speaker 4: Everybody all over the world, for sure.
Speaker 1: Jesus the hell. We're not going to Hell. We're going to an Hella. Dude. That's so funny. We put about two hours we're trying to do shout out, no fore shoutout with the boys, shout enough for shadow, I don't know for shouting the tears. Talk today is Christmas movies.
Speaker 3: All right, We're gonna start one of our favorite segments we like to do every week and it is a it's our shout out, no free shoutouts segment that we all love.
Speaker 1: But this week it's a little different. It's going to be a proper shout on no free shots.
Speaker 3: Make sure that we're talking about the we're talking about the Make sure to go to proper wild dot com for slash barstow. Yeah, yeah, to try proper while because the boys got you for thirty thirty percent off great stocking stuff for great for Christmas, great for after Christmas, great.
Speaker 1: For those New Year resolutions. You got going on ford it with Proper Wild.
Speaker 4: That morning in the first starts, you had a little headache going on you're not feeling like yourself proper while.
Speaker 2: It's gonna get you right and the cleanest way possible. It is incredible. It is time for Shadow Shadow of the week. The boys in the back are not doing this. We have two beautiful guests with us today. Ernest is rattled right now, so I will go off script and I will actually go first.
Speaker 1: Fortunately, Ernest showed his hand that he's not like in any of the tears. Yes, yes, fortunately, I know what motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I was just making sure we weren't doing no free I thought it was a Christmas movie.
Speaker 2: Dan, dude, my boys, Jesus right now, you get.
Speaker 1: No free shout outs.
Speaker 4: Logan's Roadhouse, dude.
Speaker 1: Yes's roadhouse, dude. I want a steak.
Speaker 4: You want a nice cold beer with a frosty mug, down sirloin, you sweet potatoes, brown sugar and roll looking and just nut on the floor. Logan's Roadhouse.
Speaker 1: I love that. Watch the sponsorship die No I.
Speaker 4: Mean no, I mean break your nuts on the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Look look at this man. Man, look at him just breaking. They have the rolls hot butter rolls is there's a roll basket on the table.
Speaker 4: Make sure there's a second one on the way, yes, absolute a picture of water and a bucket of roll.
Speaker 2: I might get some Logan's Roadhouse this week. It's so good, this one right down the street. I used to do a radio show at Logan's Roadhouse on one of four five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I won I.
Speaker 4: Want tickets to get My mom called me when I was in like probably eighth grade. She called the school to get a hold of me. She was like, it was at O Charlie's and she was like, r I p O Charlie. But she was like, We're gonna have dinner with Jeff Fisher tonight. And I'm like, we're having dinner with Jeff Fisher.
Speaker 1: She's like, yep, I want something. We're going to Charlie's.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, okay, So we get to eat dinner while Jeff Fisher does thesona like We're not eating dinner with love the way she framed it, we're eating the three of us with Jeff Fisher.
Speaker 1: Like do I wear a Titan shirt or like polo or what am I doing? Dude? That's that standing didn't matter. Yeah, oh, Charlie's. I never been to Charlie's. But Logan's Roadhouse. Does they do it at Jeff Ruby's right, Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: I know they do it in studio now, okay with Keith Bullock Young and the voice of the Titans, Mike Keith.
Speaker 1: Hey chucks her into the stamps. Yeah, he's just yelled Sacks.
Speaker 2: I was gonna yell at but I was like, I don't feel like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Is a great job.
Speaker 4: He's outstanding, Mike Keith.
Speaker 1: I fucking I love my Keith.
Speaker 2: I saw him on the plane yesterday on the way back, went up to him, said what's up.
Speaker 1: He did not want to be bothered.
Speaker 2: It was very obvious. He's such an outstanding guy. He has not been on the bus.
Speaker 3: He has not got to get When we started this podcast, Wheeler's first target.
Speaker 1: Was the OTP. Yeah, goes, we got to be better than the OTP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Official Titans Podcast. I don't even know if they still do it anymore. But we were like when we started, we put him out of business. When we started busting the boys, I was like, my main thing. I was like, I want to take down the OTP, and we fucking did in the first episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never heard of it. Yeah, they're on their grind out there.
Speaker 7: Brother, what your proper shout out, No for shoutout of my proper no free shout out. Shout out of the week is always going to be the music.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: I just released a couple of songs me a favorite.
Speaker 7: Uh, she's out now, The mocker Bird and the crow By Harty's coming out in January. Struggle Jennings is coming out with his new album. His new song Alone just came Out is coming out in February, and Ernest has an album coming out February. Very shout out to all the homies dropping music soon, no free shout out.
Speaker 2: Shout out the boys dropping music standing in their craft. Yeah, that's outstanding.
Speaker 4: Way better shout out than mine. No, I think he is good, Okay, for different reasons.
Speaker 1: Okay, min Logan's listened to the homies while he looked at the homie is really good.
Speaker 3: You were just obviously there's a lot of there was there was you rattled, there's turbul had some real skin in the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the unfortunate in this podcast for saying that. Just then, dam that's why you know, the shutout for sharing. Holler at me Cam you talk about this now.
Speaker 4: I might go to Logan's doorhouse toy.
Speaker 1: I'm hungry. I thought mine was going to be proper wilder.
Speaker 2: While here I'll give out my shadow, no for shadow.
Speaker 1: Of the weak rat. Everybody comps rattled. Yeah, I'm just looking over here.
Speaker 4: My shout out, no for shadow.
Speaker 1: All of the week is going to go.
Speaker 2: When you go on a trip with the boys, and it's not the trip of the you the boys, but you go early in the morning, it's a long flight. You get there, you have something to do immediately when you get there, and you're like god, damn as a day keeps going, like bro, I haven't eaten since six o'clock last night. I'm fucking starving and it's three o'clock now, it's almost been twenty four hours of fasting out here. This is a little bit fucking ridiculous. And you go to a spot and now you're so hungry your eyes are way bigger than your stomach. You start looking at the apps. All those apps look fantastic, but you settle yourself in and go, let me get just two or three. And the thing you tell yourself is I can always order more. That's the saving great thing you can do. You go, you order your apps. You or the food you eat and you get perfectly full, not like, hey, my day's gotta end now I gotta take a nap. But this was the perfect amount of food I could have had, and it could have got out of bounds real fast. So my shadow of free shadowed is a perfectly played meal.
Speaker 4: Great shout out.
Speaker 1: Good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel mine was coming from Harold and Ice trip to La because we went to Sugarfish after.
Speaker 1: Oh god bro, but.
Speaker 4: All right, that sounds so good.
Speaker 1: Oh god bro.
Speaker 2: We went to Sugarfish and the waitress was Loki, a bitch, but I let it slide. I was hungry, Loki getting angry. We sit down, We ordered a whole bunch of shit and they come out with a little, small, little portions, and then we doubled it up again. We said, hey, can we get that same ship again? It was so fucking good and it was perfectly it was like perfect, man, like.
Speaker 1: Your mouths watering. No, it was like, I gotta stop. I'm fucking starving right now.
Speaker 4: I'm not eating today.
Speaker 1: What time is it? I haven't even today.
Speaker 3: Let's see here, I'll give I'll give us a little shot in the uh in the camera angle, a proper shout out and no free shot out. It's a proper wild Mine is going to be simple. It might have already been said before, it probably has, but you can never shout this out enough. And it's gonna simply be ammo, camaraderie.
Speaker 1: My shut up with this kid. Hey, I know you're good. Yeah, you saw it.
Speaker 4: Camaraderie anyways, go ahead, go ahead, sorry, he needs.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be This is gonna be tough.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be tough, okay, because you're gonna hear it and you're like, fu, but I know I fucked up. No no, no no. So my mom passed away a year ago, and camaraderie with you guys has been a very much like uh not, I'm not even gonna say like it's it's like a needed thing and I've really enjoyed like being around all the support with you guys and everything else.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna go.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go to camaraderie because obviously it's hard to always define like everybody's pain and grieving process and everybody going everybody goes through their own ship, right and it's hard to like tell anybody how they feel. But my shout out is going to be a camaraderie because I've really enjoyed the podcast with you guys, you know your boy, Like we're all we're all grabbing it right now, we're grabbing it. Yeah, we're holding back, you know, I'm I'm getting a hold of it. But I truly like this is I've loved this. I've loved this. I appreciate it. Like I know you're always there for your boy. I know you guys are there for your boy, and it's always felt. And I'm doing we all know where the boys doing. His is fighting right now holding back tears because you can get caught up in the moment. But I truly want to say that that you guys all play a role in today and like you know, keeping the spirits high, in the vibes high. And I really appreciate it. This has been like a fun pot.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm really rambling right now. You're brother, he's a horrible fucking Yeah, that's okay. He'll learn.
Speaker 15: He'll learn like you did, right, He'll get to that far he's he's not dug myself such a whole laugh at that, and I'm sorry, Hey, I'm gonna laugh immediately at the first thing I think is funny, and then I'll figure out whether.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know, Doug, I know.
Speaker 2: There was a there was a time where we were talking about today specifically and what we were always like, Hey, well, if you don't need if you don't want to come to the podcast, you want to have a day for yourself, Like that's okay, because we've rolled upot together.
Speaker 1: It's it's a blast. And when I saw you today, I was like, okay, cool like the boys, It's.
Speaker 3: Like you didn't know how it'd be. Like the hard thing to do, right is you think of like distract yourself. But distraction it's like it's such a short term thing. Like ultimately you have to sit and like acknowledge the way you feel and like do all these things. I like I I I do that, Like I've written a lot about it. And it's always hard, Like I'm always sad, Like sadness never goes away, you know, you always have great things to say about when you come on the bus and it's tough, man Like, it's like grieving is essentially like there's so much love. I wish I could still get my mom, but you just can't anymore. And ultimately, like that's grieving, Like you you want to find all these ways to still love that person and you can't. And I'm also like, you know, I did it today when I put my posts out there, like I'm also super grateful in a weird way to say it, because someone truly impacted me in such a way to where it just it hurts all the time. And like I see photos like, dude, I got this portray yesterday from a good friend or my dad did and you guys, I'll show you guys afterwards of my mom and Rue and it's it's unreal. But you know, coming on and doing the show today, it was kind of like, you know, I woke up. I know I wanted to be intentional about like sitting with it this morning. I still wanted to go and like you know, you get a sweat and you do all this stuff. You're like just you're trying to be not trying to be positive. But I'm just aware of the day and the situation. Yeah, and the day is hard, but you know the impact she had on me, I still want to continue to like show up the way she showed up for me all the time. I want to continue to show up for everybody else, you guys, like sitting here and doing this stuff and like you know it's.
Speaker 1: Important to me, Like, yeah, I definitely it'd be nice.
Speaker 3: Like you think to yourself selfishly, like when you're sad and depressing everything else, I would love to you just sit at home and you just feel bad for yourself, right, Like what am I ultimately doing feeling bad for myself versus trying to be home and just like distract myself from and like think, like I gotta be aware, I got to be hidden from the world, but I'm more so, Yeah, I just wanted to, Like I bet eyes it'd be nice to be around the boys, like I'm trying to you know, I sit there and I hug Charle and she's she's, she's she's checking in all day long, like how you've been, how you doing? And you know, you tear up and you see the photos, you do all your you do your thing. But now I'm getting to the points where I'm rambling. But uh but yeah, man, like it's tough.
Speaker 1: It is. It's very hard, and I fucking love you guys.
Speaker 3: I know you guys all know what you guys mean to me for real, I know you know like, yeah, I appreciate it all, but I'm roadterye boys, boys, tears are just love and nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: Amen? Yeah? Amen? Man, that was beautiful.
Speaker 4: Wow, thanks for having us again. Man, it has This is the only podcast I've done all year, and it's right, it's this one at the end of the year. Last time I did a podcast on my own on December sixth last year, So like you get back in with y'all and jelly, good way to end the year, dude.
Speaker 3: Amen, And and on that too, like holidays are coming up. Holidays means different than everybody. Yeah, them close people in your life, man. And we talked about on Thanksgiving, like do you have parents, If you have a parent, whoever's taking care of you, Like I personally knowing what I feel like if I could just text my mom again or say something to my mom.
Speaker 1: You know how important that stuff is. And make sure to do that.
Speaker 3: Like, if you're listening to this right now, pull out your fucking phone and text your mom and dad or call them just anyway.
Speaker 1: Just just do that, man.
Speaker 3: Like life it's like the Adams Project. It's later than you think it was. The big quote in that movie, like life is fucking short. Life is short, bro, and we have no clue how short it is. And uh yeah, man, love on your people your phone. I was sewing to my almost I reached from my pocket.
Speaker 1: I'm serious, like it's you just you never fucking know. You never know.
Speaker 3: Some relationships are super easy, right, and you can love on your people easy. Some relationships are hard. It's hard, like whether it's your ego, whether it's stuff that somebody else done to you, and you can't get over the hump. But you just don't know when that the time is up for any of us ever. You could be in a scuffle, one of us could be gone literally the next day. I think about that. Sometimes you just don't. You just don't fucking know, man. And it's just important that don't go to bed angry. It's always been and I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know, but I'm just saying, like I try to put out all fires. I got especially close close people before I go to bed that.
Speaker 1: Night normally so fucked up. When I go to sleep, I don't think about knowing.
Speaker 7: When I fall asleep fast. I hadn't fell asleep in twenty years. Sucking Annibals and Melowtnin.
Speaker 1: At my best day.
Speaker 4: It was that melatonin though you were in a different world dreams bro.
Speaker 6: I dreamed of my dog last night talking to me.
Speaker 10: Weird.
Speaker 4: The bull fell off a trailer and I had to avoid it on the freeway last night. I saw it scooed across like you know when a deer the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a.
Speaker 4: Trailer, real life bull getting out of the back and was like facing me and sliding across it like deer, like a deer would. And I just remember not even touching the brake and just going seeing it in the rear view and it got got hit by another car.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what any of the bull get.
Speaker 4: Anybody knows what that means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something somebody's trying and going on with that. You know who hit it? Just yes, just says me. Oh dude, are they youre talking Christmas movies? Yeah? Oh yeah. What time is it? You have have to do a one thirty crag? I don't remember, Yeah, because you had something at one thirty. Got a miscall though, No, what's happening. It's too seventeen. I think we're good, all right.
Speaker 2: Tear talk is all explained to Ernest because I don't want him to go through. We went through and shoutow out your shadow. There are three tiers. Obviously, Tier one's your favorite, Tier two is your second favorite. Tier three is your third favorite. There is room for an honorable mention in this situation. Okay, so the Tier Talk is going to be Christmas movies.
Speaker 7: I want to say this, dude, I unlike Ernest, I'm actually a fan of the podcast. I am absolutely disgusted that I finally get to be a part of Tier Talk and it's fucking Christmas movies.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you want to do? Best Tier Talks ever? Yeah? I mean, I like everybody else, i'd have an opinion. You want to do a no do I do?
Speaker 16: It's Christmas work. It is important to do the Christmas we got another. Let's be starting towards music like our top three albums. I'll do Christmas Move. I'll do Christmas music for sure.
Speaker 1: I'll do we did didn't did Christmas music last week? I mean Christmas movies, Christmas Move.
Speaker 4: I can start this off.
Speaker 3: This last segment is brought to us by Rollback. Use code b o y S on rollback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase. That's r h O b a c k dot com Code Boys. They work with the best college athletes, from Will Anderson to the Boy Michael Merritt to b Jehan Robinson to the Boys on the Bus. They also just dropped the new performance shoggers and trust the boys. You're gonna want to use the code b O y S for twenty percent off earn kick us off your top three Christmas movies.
Speaker 4: I hope that's not foreshadowing. My favorite Christmas movie would have to Tier one Christmas movie to go to your your from the bottom to the top. Tier Tier three Christmas movie would be Tim Allen's The Santa Claus. Tier two.
Speaker 1: Would be.
Speaker 4: I can't do a tie for two. I'm just got to stick to one, right.
Speaker 3: Unless you want to move Santa Claus down an honorable mention and tier three, okay, Santa Claus honorable mention.
Speaker 1: Tier three would be the original Rudolph the Red like the Clay.
Speaker 4: The aesthetic of that is classic when it's on and it smells like pepper Man's and Christmas trees. I just don't know. And then Tier two would be Elf and then Tier one would be The Christmas Story.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: You gotta watch the Christmas Story every Christmas.
Speaker 1: That is a good one.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 2: Now, Ernest, we will go around the room and give one word to describe how we feel about your list, and we're going to start.
Speaker 1: You guys have a mic. Damn I always loving they? Yes, it's nice. Yeah. What would your.
Speaker 3: Gary?
Speaker 1: Garyl? What would your one word be?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Average? Classics? What's yours? What's your one word to describe it? What were they again? Rudolph and something else?
Speaker 4: Santa Claus, Rudolph elf and the Christmas Story?
Speaker 1: Strong? Thanks Will Urns learning how it can get you get some personal ship going on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw how he reacted to that, real strong. Oh oh he got two words defonated.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'll thank you, jelly oh a different word you ready, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know how I felt about him? You like them? No moment I started talking, No, no, no, no, there's no doubt. I felt like, that's not a list of that's not a list of seven to seven. Oh no, no, no, no, that is a good list.
Speaker 2: I do like the original Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Reindeer him Allen. Santa Claus is really good as well. I wouldn't make my tier list, okay, but more my fault than anything else is I don't think I've really seen a Christmas story. I know, I know, so I it's really not It was my word was gonna be classics. That was gonna be my word. But I uh, I hate that I had to open up.
Speaker 1: I hate all day long on TNT. Man, I'm going to play all day long. I'm almost like it's got to be bringing all the time.
Speaker 4: Watchlor Ah fucked yeah, Jelly, what you got brother?
Speaker 1: Tier three, We're.
Speaker 7: Gonna do the Gremlins. Underrated Christmas movie deserves more respect.
Speaker 6: Okay, you're too bad. Sanna period them kids.
Speaker 1: Best Chris. This movie ever, Tier One's Christmas movie ever.
Speaker 7: Tier one only for the same reason as you is a Christmas story, and I know it's my most cliche one, but for whatever reason, it is the movie that we play all day on.
Speaker 1: Christmas every year. It's the movie that just plays, so you watch it, but you never sit down and watch it. You just watch it, you know what I mean. You just see it come on and off. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: Honorable mentions was the Christmas Chronicles on Netflix.
Speaker 1: That's a good fucking movie. I cried, So I judge, right, I judge. I don't know if it's a good movie.
Speaker 3: Because Netflix movies, it's like, all right, what are we gonna get?
Speaker 7: That's when we were like, oh fun, it was really good and I like, I kind of like, you know, tear me and my daughter like cried. It was a moment for us. So it's my honorable mention. But good luck having a list that cool.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good that's good. Uh you was just evil a word? Oh eclectic.
Speaker 3: Gay gey we got good, unapologetic, take it easy, take it easy.
Speaker 1: What you got will? I don't know. I don't know yet. I didn't think about it.
Speaker 2: I guess all right, mine would be mine, Mine is going to be.
Speaker 4: I'm hungry, hungry boyse my word is because it's perfectly on brand.
Speaker 1: That is very true. I'm gonna say my personal opinion.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, trolls are grim ones really like I'm like, okay.
Speaker 4: Brah what it's one of the best movies ever.
Speaker 1: Third that list, all the categories not making your top haven't even been fourth whatever. Yeah, y'all got the top five movies. That's not editing?
Speaker 8: Right me?
Speaker 1: Are you you all right. My uh, I'm really.
Speaker 2: Isn't how much I need to watch more Christmas movies. I'm really hurt by this. This Christmas story.
Speaker 1: Three options are just the three.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's tough, man.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say my honorable mention, Like I could sit here and write off so many honorable mentions like moves that you guys have said. But my honorable mention is gonna go to Rudolph, like shout out Rudolph, like I wanted so badly when I was a kid to like leave my backyard or leave like the area or town and like go out and meet the freaking Frosty the snow man, just sitting out scooting around somewhere, you know what I mean. Yeah, but shout out Rudolph. My Tier three is gonna be a Christmas story all time. The Christmas story is like when you have like there's a couple of Christmases that we had out in Washington to where we didn't have like I was in an apartment. We just didn't have dinner made or nothing. We went out and ate at a Chinese restaurant to where you're like, oh, this is this is fine class. Guess that's what they do on the Christmas Story, but Christmas Story without a doubt, and check out on HBO.
Speaker 1: A Christmas Story is Christmas. There's a sequel now he's growing up, okay, wow, and it's all they do a lot of nostalgia flashback stuff like that. It's cool. Check it out.
Speaker 3: My Tier two is gonna be a little romantic the Holiday. I love the Holiday. As a matter of fact, watch it the other night. My wife and I we watch it every year together. But the Holiday is all time Cameron Diaz.
Speaker 2: I think Jack Blacks in that movie isn't a Blacks in that movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, it's a good movie. It is a number one. That's my Tier two, my Tier one. Elf. Bro, Elf fucking incredible, Bro. I've I feel like there's an argument.
Speaker 3: Well not an argument, I guess because we all got to be in sync with that. But like that's like a god tier movie.
Speaker 1: World it is.
Speaker 4: But El put with Will Ferrell on the map, I mean in the main line thing. No, But dude, I mean even he'll talk about Elf was like the movie that he was in a bunch of movies before that, but Elf was like worldwide, everybody's seen it, household named Will Ferrell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, young old, yeah, yeah, I'm with that.
Speaker 4: But ELF Tier one, that's that's my that's my tier talk. That concludes my tier talk. You watch behind this, there's that Nephil exact. Mary does all the how it's made. You've seen how it's made stuff. Watched the one on ELF.
Speaker 1: It's great. Okay if you like else so much?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Garrett, Elf the holiday Christmas story and then the honorable mentioned Rudolph.
Speaker 1: This probably won't make the graphic because you for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't do it last week.
Speaker 1: I didn't say nothing. Yeah I didn't either. Yeah, I feel like, you know, he's just got a thing he resents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got so mad at the honorable mention being brought up, but he said he don't do the honorable mention.
Speaker 3: But then after last week, I learned to myself, Yeah, we don't do it because anytime it's it's asked about, you just choose not to do it and footboard.
Speaker 2: And that's how we unpack our issues. That's blessed with the voice. Okay, what's your word?
Speaker 1: Fuck you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, good.
Speaker 2: Boss, bamboozled, also genuine.
Speaker 4: Shocking, thank you, Jake?
Speaker 1: Oh uh.
Speaker 4: All right, like a good like all right, you said it.
Speaker 1: You could have said it that way. All right. I thought it was good. Thank you, that was good. Great job today, Festive.
Speaker 2: All right, my honorable mention is going Uh, no one's gonna see it on the graphic, but my honorable mention is going to be to a very new movie. Actually, and I'm not a big what's it when they sing in the movies music?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not big.
Speaker 4: I'm not a big musical guy.
Speaker 2: But I saw a Spirited earlier this month, dude, and I feel like Will Ferrell big Ryan Reynolds fan. I'm a huge Ryan Reynolds fan. I think they have great chemistry in the movie. It's an old uh, it's a new spin on an old storyline. It is an incredible film. But that is going to make my honorable mention because it's so new and I really needed to set in. But I feel like it had to be mentioned in Tier talk.
Speaker 1: My Tier three, what's the name of it? Spirited? Okay?
Speaker 2: Sired a cool? Yeah, you should take that. It's actually really good. My Tier three goes back to my childhood. It's a movie. It's in black and white, and for whatever reason, my dad would always put this movie on it's a It's.
Speaker 1: A wonderful life here. I think that movie it's great.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's black and white that say that it's it's phenomenal. It's a phenomenal movie. My Tier two is going to be I'm a huge comedy guy. I love comedies and uh, I specially love National Lampoon. I think it's I think that that National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is my Tier two. And then uh, Tier three, which I which I agree with what you said.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Tier one is I agree with what you said. Is is elf.
Speaker 4: I think it's incredible.
Speaker 2: Kids of all ages, anyone, old, young, in the middle, you can watch that movie. It's gonna give you that warman fuzzy feeling that Christmas should give you.
Speaker 4: It is uh, it is it is God's here.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I.
Speaker 6: Don't want to be the ELF hater today, but I will say.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Kings, your list was so close, it was so close to being.
Speaker 4: Would you what would you have made it?
Speaker 1: What would have made a person wouldn't have felt real?
Speaker 7: It felt real Will Ferrell? It kept just a little too much Will Ferrell happening.
Speaker 1: If it was in the art people that don't like Will Ferrell.
Speaker 7: There are people like you twice on a fourth thing list, and you had the fire son, you fucked us all up with a wonderful life, and then you broke out National Lampoon. Now I was crying because I was like, why did I think of that? That's the best one. I really do think that's in the top three Christmas movies. Yeah, it's incredible, right, And then you were like, I'm just gonna ship the same break that everybody else ship at number one right.
Speaker 1: Fast, and just go else. That was my truth, all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is Elf your very favorite Christmas movie?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 1: And it's like it's the one you're most familiar with, the one I'm most.
Speaker 2: Familiar with, and it's probably the one I've watched the most in like the Christmas holiday season, So I feel like for that reason, it has to be number one.
Speaker 4: Radio happened around Christmas time? Is that a Christmas movie?
Speaker 1: I heard? Is the argument that people always get hard of the Christmas movie it is. You're one of those no, no, no, I don't don't. I'm not a not a diehard god what's worth? But I'm more of a Will Ferrell guy.
Speaker 3: I don't care to get into that argument. You're just saying, in your opinion, Diehards a Christmas movie. No, I just said, I said, I agree that people say it's a Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: I don't have an opinion of it. You don't have a Diehard.
Speaker 7: I haven't watched it. Oh not that I don't remember. Sure, I watched it, but I don't nothing about it.
Speaker 4: I stood attatchy like that.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: Also, I thought four Christmases could have been in there.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I really like.
Speaker 1: Number one movie.
Speaker 4: He puts it on repeat. The whole Grinch is there.
Speaker 1: Too, is good. But I don't know, Christian. You mean.
Speaker 4: The episode the way they all got.
Speaker 1: Drugs? Why did I think of that one? Neither a growing up you? Okay, yeah, yeah, mmhm. I don't know how to take that one.
Speaker 3: I just love that you can kind of barely see me. He's just like they're smiling after he says his word, his hats fire.
Speaker 1: Oh really.
Speaker 4: That was you gave me some flowers there?
Speaker 1: That was a what do you app?
Speaker 4: That was a typically app?
Speaker 13: That is a typical cap A lot of words strong, incredible, wow, wonderful, life.
Speaker 1: I was ready to say it. I was like, wonderful light, you want the moon last to it, and I pull it down for you and his swag saying it acting.
Speaker 2: Back then there was no like the facts or like you had to like legit act, you had to tell it over a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The perspective he gets when he comes back to like it comes back to life basically, Bro Garrett, you've got to watch it is.
Speaker 2: Absolutely for me right now quickly, Like do you know I don't need to don't need the whole I would do this.
Speaker 4: Because it's just so you're one, two three.
Speaker 1: I don't know the I don't know the fucking what's throwing me for a loop? Are few? I don't think, uh, Lampoon, I don't think that would make that wouldn't make it. But what what's tough to hear? That wonder wonderful life? The Grinch? They're all fucking throwing me off. I love the Grinch, not story. I love the Christmas story Like that's probably the one I watched the most. Again, what happened to your mic there? Bubba?
Speaker 7: Not sure he's just Ernest walked right in, jerked his microphone off.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 8: It is the.
Speaker 4: National Lampoon's Christmas National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Speaker 3: You know it's a great movie. I just don't think it makes my top three. Like Christmas movies, you can see an argue about Top five, Top.
Speaker 2: Is incredible? Is so good that dry humor?
Speaker 6: Yes, lights the fucking house up every.
Speaker 1: Three with the neighbors the Turkey. You might go back and watch that tonight the radio. I'm in Santa Claus, like the Santa Claus movies.
Speaker 4: I love the fire mo I've been Tim Allen.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it's really good. That's what I wanted to thought of if you weren't here. When he's playing the boy game with the kid fucking knocks it out.
Speaker 4: Hey, good movies in general. Where's My Car?
Speaker 2: December twenty third, twenty's It's not my, It's not my, It's our.
Speaker 4: Does Teach and Charleng have a Christmas movie?
Speaker 1: I feel you? I do feel you.
Speaker 4: How do you How do you think it would integrate.
Speaker 1: I think it'd integrate well.
Speaker 4: I think it would do it well too.
Speaker 1: I think on the outside though, when it comes to the game, oh yeah, I agree with that one hundred percent. Maybe they just I don't know. You've seen what Jelly gave Hernest. He gives a good ass gifts, I know, but it's capped. That is the biggest zero to his don't forget to give y'all in town this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that plan on a text from your boy. All right, keep your Friday open, you guys. Ever play a game called Werewolf?
Speaker 1: I've heard about it.
Speaker 3: I've heard about Oh that's right at at Collar's house. Yes, brother, bro, Bro, Werewolf is so fucking awesome.
Speaker 4: Have you played Werewolf?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, you love it?
Speaker 3: All right, it's a whole game about talking break five stars. Appreciate you for tuning in. Merry Christmas. Next week we're gonna do a best stuff so all of our best stuff moments about the year, Jelly Row Ernest Appreciate you all, boys.
Speaker 1: Man is leaving the podcast with the Bos.