Speaker 1: This is the drop. It's Friday. Lebron's going to give us a show on the weekend. Of course he is. This is no dunks presented by Fan Duel. I'm Testmels with me. It's the man in the middle, Treykrby. He and the man always making the magic happen. It's JD.
Speaker 2: Hello, what's up?
Speaker 1: JD. We will get to Worse the Week with Lebron later on. Wasn't Lebron? Who's worse the week? We'll talk about that.
Speaker 3: He ain't doing nothing week.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently he had some things said. That's true according to a host radio. We'll get the Blazers, firings and stuff, anything else you want to talk about before we get into our draft.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, we had to cut Jordan Walsh at the last second. A great deal for the Celtics to bring back Jordan Walsh, and that's all that needs.
Speaker 1: To be said.
Speaker 3: A great deal.
Speaker 1: It is a good deal.
Speaker 3: Three for fifteen. Great.
Speaker 1: But first, let's get to players under the most pressure via a draft. Let's draft guys, as we survey the landscape and determine, Okay, signings here, signings there, which player is actually under the most pressure? Trey you get that first pick of this draft.
Speaker 3: I'll get it started. We're going tray for Trey here. Trey Young, to me is a player who is under a ton of pressure coming into this season for the Wizards. Got a lot of dough four years, two hundred and thirteen million dollar contract from Washington that comes after playing fifteen games last season. Tasmellus, that's not very many. I think he only played five for the Wizards. They lost all five of those. But look Trey Young. His reputation, it ain't great right now around the league, probably the lowest it's ever been. But he's going to be twenty eight at the start of the season. Still young, still young enough to be in the middle of his prime. He was also an All Star in the twenty four and twenty five seasons, led the league and assists in twenty twenty five. That ain't that far away. I think he's still a good player and maybe the most encouraging thing for Trey for the Wizards, pretty low bar for success in Washington. They're coming off a seventeen win season, worst in the league. They got the number one draft pick. They haven't won more than thirty five games since twenty eighteen. They haven't finished higher than twelve since twenty twenty two. And maybe this is crazy, but I think both could happen this year. I think if the Blazer or if the Wizards win thirty six games, that would be their most wins since twenty eighteen, and last year that would have been eleventh in the Eastern Conference. I think that would be an awesome season for Washington, doubling their wins, flirting with the play and I think that's got to be the goal for Washington. We'll see what they end up doing with Anthony Davis, but I think Trey Young getting this gigantic contract while they have Aj Debonce that coming in, It's like, is this going to be bad for Debonce's development or is Trey go to be helpful. We'll see as time goes on, but yeah, this is a guy to me where it's like people are pretty down on Trey Young. He got traded for nothing, He got traded for CJ. McCollum and Corey Kisperton at the deadline, and then somehow got the crazy two hundred and thirteen million dollar contracts, so people are looking at him sideways. He's got to play pretty well. To be worth that big of a contract, and if he plays well, the Wizards will look better.
Speaker 1: Trey Young is a fun one. Trey Young's good because, yeah, he gets paid all that money, and really, what is the pressure on him to win twenty five games? I mean, I guess so you can look at it both ways. You can say this team has been in the teens of wins the last three seasons and now you've got this guy who's getting paid that much money. He can look at it both both ways. You just got to be a good player to win that many games. But it is on him to play a lot of games.
Speaker 3: A Yeah, you said they want him to play for sure, and he's in general, he's been pretty healthy. You know, he can play seven plus games pretty regularly during a season. But I also think there's a little bit of pressure on Trey to change the way he played. You know, he would definitely get the selfish knock in Atlanta. Seems like even if he would lead the league in assists, people would be like, yeah, but he's not passing the ball unless he gets an assist. He wouldn't do anything off the ball. He's gonna have to get guys more involved. Assuming Davis sticks around. That's a mouth to feed. Deboncea has a mouth to feed. They've got some players who were there prior to Trey Young. He's going to have to be more of a point guard than a combo guard for this Wizard's team to reach whatever they're ceiling is this year, and I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Definitely on the court, it's de Bansa has to be more of the guy, and Trey's got to be a little bit more of the guy who plays off the ball a little bit, especially if Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: Played anything off the ball would be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he was definitely allowing Jalen Johnson to be that guy in Atlanta as far as one guy goes. But there could be more mouse to feed, as he said, with Debasa and Anthony Davis. So there's a pressure. Yeah, basketball wise, you go and you tear Jalen Brunson's jersey and this WWE thing, and so there's more talk of that. Yeah, his his barometer is low. The temperature of Tree Young is low, simple as that. And to go get all those dollars. He's been looked at by fellow NBA players as guy, a guy that yeah, he you know, he peaked in twenty one and since, yeah, the keeps dropping with Trey Young. You go see him in the trade or the All Star votes for players, he keeps dropping. And so, yeah, there's pressure, But how many do you expect the Wizards to win? Really?
Speaker 3: Okay, are you telling me Anthony Davis is on the team and he's going to play fifty five games?
Speaker 1: I yeah, I would assume. I'm assuming the Wizard's front office is going to say, Anthony Davis, you're on our team despite these rumors.
Speaker 3: Okay, Anthony Davis plays fifty games, Trey Young plays sixty games. Wizards should be trying to win thirty plus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that should be a goal, which would be good. Sure, yea, and that would be a heck of an accomplishment. All right, Moving on to the second pick, my first round pick, I am going with Jason Tatum. Hey, hey, I'll throw him in there. Look, no Jalen Brown on that team. There is so much pressure on him offensively. As this ownership decides we're going in a different direction financially, Jayson Tatam's got to be the guy in late game situations to create not only for himself but for others and then you know, if it doesn't work out that way when he's setting up other guys, he's got to score a ton. He's got to play a ton after coming back late last season with that injury. So that just screams pressure without Jalen Brown. Obviously, Payint Pritchard and Derek White will help, but without him there or without Jalen Brown, there's just a lot on him offensively, simple as that. I mean, it's a pretty simple one for me. You've got to be everything times too with what's happening on the court. Simple as that, that's a simple one for me. But I think here in the era where this Boston Celtics team can be the team that jumps out of the Eastern Conference, the era where we have a winter new winner every year and in the Eastern Conference here now in July, it feels like it's wide open. But it's wide open with the pressure on Jason Tatum in Boston. That guy's got to be amazing. He really has to be that MVP player again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had Tatum on my long list, kind of like as a two parter with Jalen Brown, who I think is also under pressure, kind of getting his way at least to go to the Sixers and let's see what you got away from the Celtics. But I think it's really interesting for Tatum in that this is going to be the first season he's ever played in his career without Jalen Brown, and this might be the least talented Boston team since Tatum showed up. You think about all the guys that have left in the past three seasons, Porzingis, Marcus Smart, Drew Holliday, Al Horford, Luke Cornett, like a lot of guys who helped them win the title have left. Incoming has been rookies and now an old Paul George as well. So Tatum had a nice run at the end of the season last year when he came back from the Achilles tear looked a lot better I think than people were anticipating. But he should be back to full speed for this season. And I mean you could throw in the fact that he didn't play Game seven last year, right Like, there are questions about Jason Tatum, I think, and you know, considering you won a title in twenty four, I don't think maybe he was anticipating answering these kind of questions a couple of years later. It'll be interesting to see what he does and not having his running mate with him for the first time ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Physically, you have to think about the Achilles and playing a full season and then a playoffs. As the number one and number two guy on that team. You are everything on that squad under Joe Missoula and the way that private equity is dominating their roster. So yeah, I think that's important for him to be great. The expectation is interesting to me. It's a pretty big range. You can see them being a fifty five win team, I think, but that's dependent on Jason Tatum being great or you wouldn't be surprised if you see them as a five hundred team.
Speaker 3: I would be very surprised that they're five hundred. They won fifty six games last year without Jason Tatum. Now it's basically with Jason Tatum, without Jalen Brown, but with Paul George. So I don't think the team, at least for the regular season, is going to be much worse. I expect the Celtics to win fifty plus games this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Yeah, when I factor in them in the forties, it's definitely whether Tatum is hooping for eighty two games, because look, we haven't seen him in a couple of seasons be able to be there, that guy, But it could have just been.
Speaker 3: One unhealthy season. He tore his achilles, and he's been healthy every other season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, and achilles is an achilles. Whether or he played the whole season, yeah, at twenty four to twenty five was awesome. He should be back and he came back early. That's just the range for me, dependent on whether Jason Datamus is playing, but the rest of the guys should be able to perform and listen Jaalen Brown, you know, no matter what uh the analytics say, he was there every single game, every single fourth quarter. And so that's just a lot on Tatum's shoulders, no matter if that Jordan Walsh contracts it didn't want or all right, So moving on, let's do round number two because there's plenty of players. I got plenty of pressure in this league.
Speaker 3: My number two man, number one, it's Jahn Morant. It's time for him to say in his career because if Trey Young's rep is at an all time low, ja Morants is even less than that he's played seventy nine games combined in the last three seasons and was just salary dumb for a bag of beans. Jeremy Grant and Chris Murray the only thing going back to Memphis for Jahn Morant. You look at the Blazers team, the fit is definitely awkward. The team doesn't make a lot of sense as we sit here on July twenty fourth. They got all these point guards, they got a bunch of big men, and who knows what's happening for the wings outside of Denny Avdia. But I do still think the talent is there for Ja Morant, even if he's not the same kind of player he used to be. Played twenty games last season, terrible number, but still in those twenty games, he had eight points and assists, double doubles. He had a forty point game, he had a thirty five point game. What I'm saying is that John Morant, I think can still be an effective player. I'm not holding out hope that like suddenly, he comes back from a twenty game season and is a thirty eight percent three point shooter. I don't think that's going to happen, but I do hope he's more committed to winning with his Blazers team than he was committed to what it felt like fighting with his front office and his coaches at the end of his Memphis career. So I do Thinkamarant has a lot to prove coming into this season. And who knows. I mean, maybe the fit questions make it tough for Ja Moran to really reach his potential until things are completely settled in Portland with the way that they want to play. But I'm optimistic about this and I think that he will have a chip on his shoulder, which you know, hopefully is good for the Blazers and hopefully doesn't go over the edge for Jamaran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the biggest question is the dynamic with Dame Blame beside him and then Denny Avdia beside him on the other side, because they are just so baal dominant in terms of the way they play and the way Avdia was last season. So yeah, it's just the whole dynamic to me. As far as the attitude, this is basically playing for his NBA career in some ways, I think it's gotta be positive. He met with Mike and Noriri in his hometown of South Carolina and South Carolina there and all is apparently good with those two and he's ready to be a team guy. And if you look at the way he played under thamas Isilo in Memphis, he definitely was willing to distribute more and not be just a pick and roll type guy. That bothered him to some degree, there's no doubt. But at the same time, when he was on the floor, it was the offense was good, and so again it's a physical thing, but it's also, yeah, just an attitude thing. So we'll see if he can take that to Portland. It's a a big question, man, a big question with sixteen point guards on that team, you know, with a holiday there, who should be who should be good off the ball? With Scoot coming off the bench behind them, Yeah, there's there's just a lot of mouths to feed. Will he be okay doing that because he seemed to live a little testy in Memphis? Definitely true, But I don't know. Mikeanry and him met and in July Mikeanrory went and talked to him. You know, Portland also has some other issues, a little bit of a cloud hanging over them professionally that we'll get to a little bit later on. So there's a lot of things going on in that locker room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. I'm also a little curious what to expect from Damian Lillard this season, Like him and Jason Tatum got hurt basically the exact same time, same injury, and we heard immediately, Oh, Tatum's coming back for next season. Tatum's coming back for next season. He's looking awesome in Celtics practices. He's dominating Dame. Lillard didn't come back last year, and I don't feel like we've heard those same reports about this guy looking like his old self for the Trailblazer, So I'm interested to see what he has as an older guy coming off a serious injury and an achilles as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say the positive way of looking that at that is the guy is comfortable playing off the ball as he did with the Honest a lot of the time, and every highlight that you see it's just him shooting. It's true, it's not him handling. So if he is willing to be that guy more so with Morant and Avdia, who basically was given the ball to be able to just run over guys and and he did that well, yes, I mean, yeah, that's just a whole dynamic that Mike and Nory's got to be able to implement. Can you do it? Can Mike and Norriy do it? That's a that's a fair question with the rookie head coach. But yeah, a lot going on in that locker room, just a ton, which we'll get to a little bit more in Worse of the Week. My second round pick, I'm going with Joel Embiid. This is his best shot at the title, might be his last shot if you look at it that way in terms of his health, but because of what they're doing at the center spot, there's just so much pressure for him to be on the floor a good amount, especially in the in the playoffs. His backup is Huck Porty, you got a den Bona there and you've got Dominic Barlow moving over behind him, So there's a pressure positionally, but also just in terms of the whole roster. It's awesome up top with Tyrese Maxi, Jalen Brown and v J Ashcombe. That looks fantastic, but there's a drop off after that. I mean, who's their fifth best player, you know? Along with him beating the starting line with it's Dean Wade, I suppose, and then yeah, he'll be starting out the wing, I imagine, and then the guy's coming off the bench Listen, Van Fredy Simons has a the ability to go shoot a thousand times, but it's Simons, and then it's LeBaron Pylon as a rookie. So it starts to get thin pretty quickly. With this team that's paying their top guys a lot, it's, you know the opposite of what the Boston Celtics are doing. So pressure on Joel embiid. I say it's the best shot at a title. Maybe you can look back at twenty nineteen and say, if they were able to overcome the Raptors in the second round instead of Kawhi's four bouncer and they go play the Milwaukee Bucks in the conference final and then a banged up Warriors seam, maybe that was his best shot at a title. But right here, right now, this is it this season. It looks like, especially I'm just assuming that Embid's not going to get healthier as the years go on, so this is it. It just feels like health wise, embat into the twenty seven playoffs is going to be what we look back as the first era of this Jalen Brown Tyrese Maxi duo along with him, and might be the last one because even last year he couldn't play in every game in the playoffs, but he did get kind of healthy to play somewhat.
Speaker 3: He got healthy to dominate the Celtics for three games.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was all he had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he did dominate the Celtics for three games. He still got the skills. And the interesting thing with choosing him as a player under pressure is I think it's kind of a it's a little sideways because to me, the Sixers did a good job of kind of embeid proofing their lineup. Now when you mentioned huck Porty and Barlow and Bona are the backups, it doesn't quite sound like that. But I think the team can still be a winning team during the regular season, a competitive team during the regular season because Jaalen Brown plays a ton of games. Tyrese Maxie plays a ton of games. Edge comp seems like the kind of guy who's going to play a ton, Like we're talking sixty six games plus for Brown. The thing changes, though, once they get to the playoffs, because that's when Embiid becomes the ceiling razer for this team. If he's healthy, if he is in a rhythm, he's still a really tough player to stop. So maybe bringing in Jalen Brown to save Embiid from having to play a ton during the regular season means he's fresher come playoff time, because they absolutely need him if they're going to get close to a title. The best time to be a Sixers fan is when they're not playing, though, you know, you're like, oh, yeah, Joe Obe, this might be the year, and it might be the year. Who knows. At least they've got guys that can take the regular season minutes load that he would be having to deal with if they're trying to make it into the playoffs and hopefully be as healthy as possible come playoff time. I like what the Sixers did and I'm excited to see him play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they tried to prime him, prime those knees for last year's playoffs by only playing thirty eight games last season. They're going to do the same thing. They do it every year. It was nineteen the season before that, and thirty nine the season before that, So the last three seasons, Yeah, that's the range, he's gonna play less than half the games. Whatever their training staff determines is the perfect prime knee Embiid situation. So yeah, this is just an odd scenario and that their front office said we're going for with Jyalen Brown. I mean that's not odd in and of itself, but with Embiid, who is thirty two and has years left on his contract, we may not see a healthy Embiid for an entire postseason ever. Again, as simple as that, because yeah, as you said, yeah he was. He was primed and ready to go for those four or five six games against the Boston Celtics for six seven, I guess, and then yeah, against the Knicks didn't look as awesome. Now, so that was that was a quick turn.
Speaker 3: It's a quick turn.
Speaker 1: You look so good, insert him, he's awesome. But really, that's two months. If you're asking them to win the title with that guy's your starting center, it's something Number one, he's never gone, he's never gone further than that second round. And now it's a lot of pressure on a guy for two months of playoff basketball. So yeah, he's ready for the playoffs because of what they did. But you get into Hawk Porty and a Bona who are gonna have to play a lot of games now without Andre Drummond, who definitely is one of those guys who seems to be a guy who can play more in his thirties. Like that guy is playing a ton that the Knicks were able to steal. So that's a fun one. It is a fun one to see what they bring in in October, but also in April.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. It's like I feel like, very little pressure for embiid until April and then a ton of pressure on Embid. We need to see you play.
Speaker 1: All right, Round number three three of our draft.
Speaker 3: I'm going with the Laker here. In round number three, Walker Kessler. Walker Kessler, Lucas said, get me an a list center, and the Lakers treated Walker Kessler like he was an a list center, gave him a four year, one hundred and thirty million dollar contract, traded four first rounders to the Utah Jazz for him. Now, all Walker Kesler has to do is be an a list center and guess what he has one season as a full time starter, he started all fifty eight games he played in the twenty four to twenty five season. But he's coming off a five game season last year after dealing with surgery from a torn labrim, I think offense is going to be very easy for Walker Kessler. Set a screen, run to the rim, shoot seventy percent. He shot seventy percent in five games with the Jazz last year. Now he's Luca Donte's pick and roll partner, he will shoot seventy percent easily this coming season. It's the other side that they need a ton from Walker Kessler because he is going to have a lot of responsibility for the Lake defense. Last year, they were nineteenth in defensive rating on the season, and I think they're probably worse on the perimeter defensively, having lost Marcus Smart, their best perimeter defender right now, Vanderbilt on the bench, Fible on the bench. Quentin Grimes, I think is like an average defender, and he's probably their best perimeter guy who's going to be starting, and he's undersized. He might not even start. It might be Lau Rabia. We shall see. But you look at what Eighton did last year twelve points, eight rebounds, one block per game. Kessler can do that, but they need a lot more from Walker Kessler than twelve eight and one I would like to see him be like a sixteen twelve two guy at the very least. And I don't know, Jazz fans were confident in this guy. Lakers fans were stoked to be able to get a Walker Kessler. He's definitely talented, he definitely fits the prototype of what you would want as a Luca Doncrich center. But to call this guy an a lister when he hasn't even been an a lister on his own team, I think is kind of ridiculous. So a little pressure for me on Walker Castle to show that he is worth being traded for four first round picks and being given this gigantic contract.
Speaker 1: Walker Kessler over Luka Doncic Who, Well, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Luca's going to average thirty five a game. Everybody knows it he will.
Speaker 1: He has pressure in that Lebron's ain't ain't there anymore. He just has to play a lot. Now. He has played a lot throughout his career, he really has been. But it's it's hey, no, Lebron, you got to carry it, buddy, especially because this is a top heavy team in that they're paying a lot of guys. But Luca just has to be that guy. Again, for I would say even more than what he usually plays like he averages sixty four games played throughout his career. But now, as with the number two guy in Austin Reeves and Walker Kessler, he just has to play a ton and the offense is going to go through him. Walkest definitely has pressure because he's They're a lone, really good big man the trade of DeAndre and it's a surprising one financial I suppose. Also maybe because DeAndre knew he wasn't going to be the starter anymore. Maybe that hole with that factored into it. But because as you went through the roster that they don't got much up. So Walker Kesler has a ton of pressure defensively at least yeah and size wise, I mean simple as that. Who is going to start beside Walker Kessler in their front court. It could be Mamu man. He can shoot it. At least he can shoot it, you know, but he is an undersized guy. Anyways, just pressure on him. I was surprised to hear you say he shot seventy percent in those four games because or five games, because I know, I know that's what he does throughout his career. But he was also letting it rip from three this past season as much as he possibly could. He was he was hitting him.
Speaker 3: He went six for eight that from three last year. Yeah, six for three. Yeah, it's not a lot. But I think they call that a small sample size. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, is a small sample size. But he was shooting above the break threes too, those of those eight threes, it is. It is small. And that's a fair criticism about Walker Kessler as you as you brought up the Utah Jazz fans said, okay, you can you might get a good twenty thirty forty games, but can he do it for entire season and be really really awesome? So we shall see. Yeah, all right, my third round pick, I'm sticking with the top guys here. I think Nikola Jokic has some pressure. A very interesting season that he came off of where we all were looking at the MVP ballot throughout the entire season, we see Shay and him one two, one two, and we would we or the entire media would say, hey, Nikolajokich, probably the best player in league, probably the best player in league. Then he got embarrassed in the first round. Embarrassed and in relation to that term of being the best player in the league. That was by far his worst playoff series of his entire career. He did not look like himself. The numbers are very very bad overall. Althose free throws were nice, really really nice free throws in that series. But he couldn't shoot the three. He could't shoot three, he can shoot the two, he could't shoot from anywhere. Was it Rudy Gobert. Was it knowing that his team wasn't good enough to get to an NBA finals anymore? Was it him coming off his first injury of his career. That was a long period of time, but it looked like he was back because they won their last twelve games of the regular season, and then he just did not farewell against the Minnesota Timberwolves in that first round series. Didn't look like himself. So Jokic I think has some pressure here to bring it back because the running back at this time basically the same team. So you know, I kind of I say, maybe he didn't feel like we were gonna win, and maybe that's why he just wasn't himself or he wasn't the best version of himself. But they're bringing back Jamal Murray they're bringing back another year, another older year of Aaron Gordon, which is definitely worrisome for them. Looks like it's Cam Johnson, looks like it's Christian Brown and will Peyton Watson come back. I don't know, but it's the same team. Yeah, it looks like so, yeah, there's pressure on this guy who again for six months people say, well, that's the guy, that's the guy. Then he got injured and then he wasn't part of the MVP conversation anymore. But you could still look at him and think that he's the best player in the world. But that was a disappointing first round matchup, even if you know from my perspective, I wasn't giving Rudy Gobert the all the credit that people wanted to give Rudy Gobert the credit. And I said, it was on Jokic more so than not being himself. And I said, no, maybe he doesn't feel right or whatever. Doesn't he didn't perform simple as.
Speaker 3: That time for a bounce back season, which is weird because outside of missing time, I feel like Jokic did have a really good regular season. Like you're saying, a hot streak at the end for the Nuggets. He ended up leading the league in assists, ended up leading the league in rebounding, shot a high percentage like he always does, and then worst playoff series that he's had at the very least since becoming the Jokic that we know. And I think something similar happened with Jamal Murray last year, Like he made his first All Star team, he played his best regular season and then wasn't great in the playoffs as well. So the problem for the Nuggets, I think is that they're slowly losing their depth, which is why they're gonna have to bring back Peyton Watson. But we don't know what's going I think Valanchunis is gonna be done. They brought back or they brought in Marvin Bagley instead. They drafted Sharp. Last year, he didn't play. Maybe he'll get a chance this year. They're gonna need a lot from Jokic, and maybe he wore down as the season went on, But I don't know. I just assume he's going to produce. He'll probably average close to a triple double once again. He will be in MVP conversations once again. As long as he gets to that sixty five games he did finish second in MVP voting last year, right, Like, maybe he wasn't a realistic chance to win, but he still did finish second. He still had an awesome year. And you know, accolades wise, I think it's better for Jokic the worst the Nuggets get because he has to do so much more. It's like the year Jamal Murray missed. He won MVP pretty easily on a sixth seed because they're like, what everything he's got to do? Yeah, so this will be a This is an interesting guy to me for an MVP, that is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could be that one guy that when the pressure is on is when he performs best. He has performed the most. It was surprising me to see what he did in that playoff series. Look at these numbers that a guy called the best player in the world had against the minnesot Drimbles, by far the worst of his career in the playoffs. For a playoff series. He shot forty four point six percent from the field, this is a big man, and nineteen point four percent from three that just didn't it didn't seem right, didn't fit right. So I you know, when I see that, I just thought, Okay, Rudy is good, sure, but it's more whatever's going on with Jokichen. Maybe he couldn't bounce back after that injury for a series, but he looked so good in that twelve game exactly throughout the season. So weird stuff. Anybody else you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: I'll throw you by quick, my quick. Pressure boys, LaMelo Ball, I think is under pressure, has to play like serious basketball for maybe the first time in his career after having the best season of his career and then getting shipped out. There's some pressure on him. I think chat Holmgren and Deer and Fox are kind of the we need to make up for our playoff failures pressure guys for sure. Yeah, Cad Cunningham, Janna Santa Tokumpo to me, our guy who have a lot of pressure to perform for their team and most importantly to be on the court for their team. Like when I look at what the Pistons did, they seem to have lost ball handling with Tobias Harris going out, more responsibility for Caid And then when you look at Yana's in the Heat, I'm like, I do think the Heat will be better than the Bucks were last year, but they're in a similar spot where if Ys misses thirty games, it wouldn't be surprising if the Heat end up in the play in tournament, right like they got Bam, they got Wiggins. Davion Mitchell is a good starter, but like, this is not a super deep team. I don't think so. Some pressure on Yannis to play a lot, which has been a problem for him the past couple of seasons. I got a joint pressure boys Polo and Franz. Feels like one last chance for these guys. I think Alprin Shengon has kind of slid into the Polo bound Caro spot for me, where I'm like, I like your game, I don't know if it's gonna allow your team to win at the ultimate level. And then the final guys. I got Avitza Zubat's biggest change for the pay not really sure what to expect from them as a team, and he needs to play pretty well since he costs so much for them. And then Aaron Gordon for me, is a guy who's very important to stay healthy for the Nuggets because we've seen when he goes down with an injury, they look like they're a thousand years old instantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fun list that the chet Holmgun one's super fun. Going into this regular season, we'll see what he's been able to morph his game into. The Yannie one is really really interesting because I think he knows that he has to play a ton and there may be a reason why in these training videos with Tristan Jass on YouTube, he's shooting threes over and over and this isn't just one practice. T Jass went in for three practices with him, and Jannis is shooting a lot of threes, and I think there's a reason behind that that he needs to Number one, I think they need to spread the floor a little bit more in Miami. But two, that's the recipe to keep him as healthy as possible. So I think there's there's some reason why he's working out with Drew Hanlin on his three point shot. So there's that. Yeah, I throw Kevin Durant in there with Fred van Vliet back no excuses now for the Houston Rockets, and so we'll see if that is able to trickle down to Upprin Cheng Gun as you brought up, because they got to be they gotta be good. Yeah, that you broke down, got to everybody on my list. That's it's a fun list.
Speaker 3: That was a disappointing loss in the playoffs for the Rockets with no Luca, no Reeves for the majority of that series, and they got kind of ran off the court by a Lakers team that I think we all three of us picked the Lakers to win that sees and look, Durant missed time in that one kind of unexpectedly as well. That might have changed our picks. But still it felt like the Lakers, or it felt like the Rockets were the better team and into that series and they looked pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and as you said about the Philadelphia seventy six ers taking some of the the workload off Joel Embiid, maybe Fred van Vliet does that for Kevin Durant to some degree. You know, Kevin Durant can get ready for the playoffs because he wasn't one hundred percent of the playoffs. He missed time in that Lakers series. So yeah, that's gonna be a again, no excuses for Kevin Durant. This is it. This is a solid team. It will be a fun, fun season for the Houston Rockets, especially with Fred taking some of that pressure off him. All right, let's get to worst of the week, ladies and gentlemen. The worst of.
Speaker 2: The week.
Speaker 1: Blazer's play by play man Kevin Collaboro ain't coming back, so sad for Portland Trail Blazers fans. As Kevin Collaboro put it, it was a sub prime offer that he was given. So that's a good dig at Tom Dundan, who made his money off subprime auto loans. So you know, Collabro had that plan to this guy. Unfortunately, for Blazers fans, that's their voice that they turned to when they want to watch a Blazers game. This is a man of value and it's so disappointing for them, that voice that matters to Blazers fans. And apparently Collaboro's agent tried to renegotiate earlier before his contract ended, you know, in the last couple of months, but there was nothing there and there was no benefits attached, as Collaboro has said, as he came out and talked about it after the contract didn't happen. But we brought it up this week tray about the whole Dundon feeling, the whole thing around Tom Dundet, and then this comes out where it's directly affecting Blazers fans, and this is a clear, you know, low blow to Blazers fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the broadcast team is like one of the most direct connections from a team to a fan. Kevin Collabro and Lamar heard were one of the best duos in the entire Basketball Basketball League the NBA, if you well. Apparently Lamar Hurd does have one year left on his deal, so he will be back for the Blazers. That's good. I guess a silver lining for Kevin Collabro is that Seattle is on their way back to the NBA, which makes me think that would be a perfect landing spot for Kevin Collabro. He was the Sonics broadcaster for twenty two years before doing some ESPN stuff and then almost a decade with the Blazers, with a couple of years taken out for during the COVID times. But this just really sucks. Not just losing Kevin collabor like that would suck enough on its own. If they low balled him and he didn't want to take an offer, which is what he said. He says there was not much seriousness on the other end to get a deal done. But this should be an exciting time for Portland Trail Blazers fans. They made the playoffs for the first time since twenty twenty one. They're adding Jamaran Damian Lillard is coming back like, at worst, the second best player in your franchise's history. It's the fifty year anniversary of the only title they've ever won, and instead it has been piece of news after piece of news, of piece of news after piece of news. Yeah, of things that make it worse to be a Blazers fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that sucks. Yeah, especially with the way Tom Dunn came on in March and then in April we had all these stories about the way they went into the playoffs. Okay, two way. Players aren't traveling with the team. Blazers fans don't get T shirts in the arena. The massage therapist for the Blazers has to check out of their hotel rooms, so they can't perform their massages and their therapy in their room, so they have to got to go find another room. So there's those whole all those events which you can to me, all I think of is Elon Musk taken over doge in the US government and the old the image of him with the chainsaw coming in and just slashing things that he didn't like. And then you get this scenario here with Kevin Glabra, as you said, somebody that is connected to the fans. So you'd think an owner would say, Okay, I made some flubs there early on in my ownership in the first couple of months that this one here has there's there's goes beyond business. It goes beyond money, it goes beyond what obviously Tom Dundon wants to do. This is this is something emotional, something ties that's tied to fans. So you'd think maybe maybe like when he stopped paying two Way players to go on their travel to go to San Antonio, he did reverse that and sent them to Game five. They didn't go to game one in game two, but they were sent to Game five. Okay, maybe he's learned something, but that's obviously not the case. Collaboro out. It goes on beyond that. Travis Demurz, the team's radio play by play announcer, was not retained. His radio partner Michael Holton, was like go after nineteen seasons with the team to studio hosts Neil Everett host Jamie Hudson, they're gone. That is a lot of acting. And are Tom Habstrow.
Speaker 3: So assistant GM just left as well?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I didn't realize that. Yeah, that's a lot of acting.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna start calling Tom Dundon stone cold because all he cares about is the bottom line.
Speaker 1: It is the bottom line, that's.
Speaker 3: All he cares about. He does not care about the Blazers. He cares that they're a valuable franchise. He does not care about the city of Portland, which is pretty clear. The only thing I think is interesting is Blazers fans are now trying to organize boycotts of Panda Express because apparently the founders and owners of Panda Express are ownership partners with Tom Dundon, So they're making it, making it feel it where it hurts, right, the fast food Chinese money pockets. I suppose that's how we're going, Like, fine, we're taking out on the pandas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's no, there's nothing beyond the bottom line. I mean, in May he fired seventy employees, according to multiple reports. So I'm not going to pretend to know everything that goes on in the books. Those seventy employees. Maybe some should be fired maybe I mean fired, I shouldn't say fired, but they should be looked at in the spreadsheet and they determine, okay, maybe we should move money here, move money there. But in the end, it all comes down to money. And you know that's unfortunate. Obviously as we see NBA owners move in a different direction rather than a lot of the mom and pop type of ownerships, we're seeing a lot more involved with definitely the dollar bills and only the dollar bills because it's it's getting extensive. And I say the employees part is different. You know, if they're in the PR department or or wherever they're involved in, it's different than when you actually see it with the actual hosts that are the first ones that fans see when the broadcast starts. Like that is real stuff. And so that's why it's it's puzzling here. Even as we talked about it on Wednesday, I mean, this is it's taken in another level since then when we talked about whether or not they're going to agree with the city on how they are able to build or renovate, I should say the Motive Center, this is, this is beyond that. This is this is aggravating. Definitely, that's surprising. Surprised. I guess it's not surprising, but it is surprising at the same time. Yep, moving on sucks for the Blazers second nominee here, Lebron James was reportedly irritated by Adam Silver. Silver did shoot at the king when he told CNBC's Andrew Ross Sorkin quote, I would like Lebron to make his announcement already so we can finish the schedule. And that's when a radio host Andy Baskin said, quote, Here's what I was told yesterday by a reliable source. Last week. Lebron's crew was probably ready to make an announcement. Irritated was the word I was told by the commissioner pushing them, so they decided to hold back end quote. What do you make of this report from a the ninety two point three the Fans host Andy Baskin in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: I just baskin in it. I don't know. It seems a little far fetched to me, but Lebron will be like, I got my decision, I'm ready to go, and then Adam Silver comes out and says something pretty Ana Dyne all things considered, He's like, yeah, we're waiting for Lebron to make our schedule because he's going to play. If he doesn't play Opening night, he'll play on the Wednesday night, and he's definitely gonna play on Christmas. Like Christmas, it doesn't matter. I went through every team that I thought could play on Christmas. The Cavs are definitely the most questionable. They made the conference finals last year, like they could easily just get a Christmas game. They're gonna be one of the better teams in the Eastern Conference, and all the other teams are already included on probably getting Christmas games. But this is the longest Lebron has taken for a decision. I went on ESPN dot com today. They you know, they got like their little sidebar of headlines on the side nothing new since Wednesday. We don't have a new piece of NBA news since Wednesday. That's unbelievable, and it's all because of Lebron. It's getting dark out here, tass. I had to watch Sean Sharanya talk to Pat McAfee and I actually laughed at something Pat McAfee said because Sham's is explaining to him how Mario Hiszonia is waiting to make his decision based on which team signs Lebron James and Pat McAfee goes he's.
Speaker 1: Holding up Hazonia.
Speaker 3: So now I'll be thinking of that every time I see Mario Hazzonia, who apparently is coming back, but not until Lebron James signed something. So we got a lot of things to do. Lebron needs to pick a team, we need to set the schedule, and we need to see where Mario Hiszonia is playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you brought him up on Wednesday because he's rumored to be coming back as a thirty one year old to the NBA. And he was part of the headlines as you said, And I thought, is it because he blocked Lebron James and the paint one time? Because that's a headline, or that's a video that's going around because it is dead time. I mean, that's what I'm seeing Mario Hiszonia guard Lebron going into the lane in Madison Square Garden Haonia was with the Knicks and stopping Lebron on a late game winning attempt. It's Hisonia time. Yeah, maybe, Yeah. He seems like a good NBA player, good enough anyway, I think he's.
Speaker 3: Been very good overseas, is what it appears.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's great in Spain. So bat mcviee making jokes that are worth a laugh.
Speaker 3: That's the hold up a Zonia. Yeah, you could tell he was like, yeah, this Lebron, he has taken so long. I got to hear Sham's talk to me about a guy named Mario his.
Speaker 1: Own Yeah, happeel the same way at the team brouh. You said all the guys, all the teams essentially that Lebron would pick, would play on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: Okay, sure, I'll run it down for you. Here's who I think are, Locks, Spurs, thunder Lakers, Nicks, Celtics, Sixers, Warriors. That's seven teams of the ten we need. Yeah, and that includes, uh, the Sixers and the Warriors. Who are it feels like on the outskirts of the conversation. Okay for Lebron right now. And then in my next group of seven teams, which you would need three of these to complete the schedule, I got Nuggets, timber Wolves, Pistons, Cabs, Heat, Pacers, and Rockets.
Speaker 1: Yeah the Heat one is ah, they did get you.
Speaker 3: I meant so that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, would they be a Christmas Day team without Lebron It seems untle likely.
Speaker 3: I think that one's pretty unlikely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything else you want to talk about? Mario Haizonio with or.
Speaker 3: I haven't done the deep dive of checking into his overseas highlights. I can't take it that. Yeah, he did read his Wikipedia page to get refreshed on what happened with this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the last part of his career.
Speaker 3: I mean, it just wasn't He ended up playing a few teams. Yeah, he just wasn't awesome too early.
Speaker 1: That number five draft pick with the Orlando Yeah, the rep wasn't. I don't know, he didn't. He didn't match that draft pick. I suppose you know, he didn't live up to number five. Noah. Yeah, we had other suggestions for worse. The week we had Anthony Davis saying that he was going to play eighty two games from a man from a Man bippo. But as we talked about on Wednesday, this is just Anthony Davis saying I want an extension in two weeks on August sixth, when I'm eligible, and I'm just talking it up. Although it's disappointing. I get it. We talked about a Wednesday. There's no way he plays eighty two games. There's no chance, no chance. Zero. I checked if there's a FanDuel line on how many games Anthony Davis is gonna play. They're not even doing that right now. Off the board. Off the board. Another suggestion for worse of the week was Kawhi's drama being dragged out well. According to Mike workanoff of The Athletic, he said, the league's investigation of Kawhi, Leonard and Aspiration has ended and the league is sorting through it. He believes the trade with the Raptors will still happen, So just just mentioning that. As Mike said on Thursday on The Rich Eisen.
Speaker 3: Show, So I await the conclusion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all the findings.
Speaker 3: Count wait to read the brief.
Speaker 1: Speaking of conclusions, let's get to rapid fire fun, the beautiful sequy. You set it up, man, just like you're setting up these questions. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Stephen Curry will become the first active player to have an exhibit at the Nasmith Basketball Hall of Fame after they opened there Beyond the Arc exhibit this week. And I'll have memorabilia and stuff from Steph's illustrious career. Guys, who is someone that should be honored for what they're currently still doing. This is a cheap way.
Speaker 1: Of going about it. But I'm gonna say Christopher Nolan deserves some credit for Odyssey. What a film?
Speaker 2: A lot of credit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well listen on my algorithm, JD. He's getting ripped. Everybody wants a Greek as an actor, namely the Greek who could have performed being the positive Pete myself. You think I would have a lot of names, but I'm sorry John Stamos sant performing.
Speaker 3: You don't want to see him as Odysseus.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to see Jennifer Aniston and Anne Hathaway's role. Something apparently Danielle told me is that Chris Nolan will never cast somebody who's got botox in their face because he wants them to be able to emote. Jennifer as she's got botox from what I can see, uh, and so she can't play the role. And Hathaway I think played it well because she was shooting. She was emotive.
Speaker 2: You're seeing, you're seeing all those she's looking her age on that Imax, I have to say, right, and that's not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm with Nolan on this, But would it have killed him to put a gallifan Akis in there? Anything?
Speaker 1: One Greek?
Speaker 3: Put all the famous Greek actors on the boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's not many. There's not many.
Speaker 2: Jason man Zukas man Zucas, Yeah, yeah, Michael Chick, Michael.
Speaker 3: Chick, every Greek, every Greek that's famous in Hollywood sitting on the boat.
Speaker 1: So my algorithm is just all torn up. What am I going to do? I don't see down there. It was a great movie, and as you said on thumb Moore JD.
Speaker 3: It was awesome, was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was a great movie, a massive movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's my cheap way of doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm a movie man as well. Tom Cruise needs an oscar. It's been nominated for Best Actor twice. Born on the fourth of July, and Jerry maguire, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Magnolia. He got nominated as a producer for Best Picture for Top Gun Maverick, and he did get the twenty twenty five Academy Honor Award, which is kind of literally like saying, hey man, thanks for all you've done. You haven't won a real one. Yeah, yeah, but we love all the movies you make. And I saw the first trailer for Digger. We were talking about JD. It was literally just a sizzle rule of every great Tom Cruise role. Yeah, And I was like, yeah, this guy has made a lot of great movies. Yes, So hopefully he can get a real oscar here instead of the just bone throw one they gave him. I'm sure that's what Digger is supposed to be. An oscar play for him. I don't know if it will succeed in winning him one, but I'd like to see him. It'd be crazy to see Tom Cruise give a speech.
Speaker 1: Cut to these people.
Speaker 2: Does he thank scientology or who's the guy? Is he the top? Yeah? What's the FanDuel odds that l Ron gets a shout out in Tom Cruise's acceptance.
Speaker 1: That's a first.
Speaker 2: Mine is Matthew Kaminski, who you may ask uh. This is the the organist at Truest Park I've met. I mentioned this guy before on No Bunts. He is awesome with the opposing players walk out music, and we did a full quiz on this on No Buns back in the day. Uh, just name that tune basically, but like Casper Wells will come out and on the organ he's playing Ghostbusters. His name is Casper right, Blaze, Alexander, We didn't start the fire like that kind of thing. Like he just picks random, not random, but deep cuts sometimes and each time a guy comes up, it's a different song. So he's he's just he just digs deep into his catalog and those songs sound hilarious on on the organ, you know.
Speaker 3: And it makes it a game too, right where you're like, wreat what is this song?
Speaker 2: Totally why did he pick that one? It's it's no joke. My favorite thing to do at a baseball game, at a bridge game is just name that tune and just like and then you go, wow, this guy's a genius.
Speaker 1: Man can tell Marte.
Speaker 2: Is that how you say his name? Yeah, I'm a little teapot.
Speaker 1: That's pretty.
Speaker 3: Songs out there, but not a lot of tea pot, tea kettle.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I can't think of another one. But you're totally right. It's an underappreciated position. The organ is a baseball I.
Speaker 2: Mean I think he's he gives what's the guy's name?
Speaker 1: That's uh, sir Foster Foster.
Speaker 2: He gives him a run for his money a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sir Foster doesn't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, we're still the organist capital of North America. A teenager recently found a Wilt Chamberlain Lakers warm up jacket at a Goodwill in Oregon. Paid three bucks for the jacket, then sold it at auction for eighty nine six hundred dollars. Oh pretty good. Fine, guys, what's your best cheap purchase?
Speaker 1: A Swiss army knife recently for Yellowstone fre Yellowstone. Yeah, I came in so handy. Kids have long fingernails. We needed a little scissors. Pulled out the Swiss army knife. Were they sharp enough to cut fingernails? Well? Nah? But at the same time it came in handy. I had to cut tags, I had to cut boxes. Wow, it just counts in super handy, super duper.
Speaker 3: How many like tools implements whatever they're called.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we get into the double digits.
Speaker 2: Ooh, you got one of the thickies.
Speaker 1: You gotta get a thicky. But it was cheap. You know, sometimes I regret maybe I should have paid a lot more for one that had fewer tools on it. I don't know. There's things I think about it night.
Speaker 3: And the toothpick. I always thought that was the funniest thing to include.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it does like it's metal. Yeah, you would not want to Yeah, if you need it, So that's it came in handy anytime. Do I have it on me nowt No, But it's like I want to have it on me at all times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta become a grandpa. As soon as you become a grandpa, you can just start carrying a pocket knife.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And it's awesome for that little tiny pocket you have in pants. Uh. But you know, here in Georgia we were shorts for four months of the year. You gotta have you got a pouch of some sort, you know, or a fanny pack or something. And I did buy one of those two. But you know, I pulled off a move like you, Trey. I know you got one, uh minus big though, got to return it. Come on, Dix, you don't offer a don't offer a smaller bag. I want a tiny one to hold basically to hold a Swiss army knife, keys wallet. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know I said, oh, the big one could fit a water bottle. You know, it's kind of stupid. I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and watch will get or a knife will get lost in there.
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 3: What's your best cheap purchase?
Speaker 2: AMC A list, not an ad We see like eight movies a month. It's thirty bucks any format. Yep, it's it changes how you go to the movies because it's just like, eh, you just put your seat. Well, we'll double books sometimes and like can we do we go Thursday or Friday. I'll buck them both and then we just cancel.
Speaker 3: One of them. Yeah, you can like return the ticket, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just cancel it. We can cancel it twenty minutes before the movie. It's awesome, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you. Like the prices I've even increased and I'm still like that's the worth.
Speaker 2: That's definitely. You go to monies. Yeah, it pays for its off.
Speaker 1: It's so if another seat is booked, you can't take that seat, right, like somebody has paid for a particular seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just like buying a ticket like weeks in advance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just preserve your seat. Yeah, just because I was seeing Odyssey's. Every seat for Odyssey is taken for the next multiple weeks. Yes, they're doing showtimes at like three am. Yeah, come on, man, that's crazy, but they're all taken to it.
Speaker 3: Probably be fun.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: It's called six am and you're walking out of the theater.
Speaker 1: Maybe not as fun as Sunrising WHOA For me?
Speaker 3: Best chie purchase was I probably about like eighty percent of my record collection before vinyl records got really expensive. There was just like there was a good year. I got my turntable junior year of college, so probably like two thousand and four or something like that, and I would go and spend a ton of time at Kiss the Sky Records in Bataviial and Oily, just flipping through all of the used records, and like I was able to buy Beatles records for three to seven dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Back then talking Heads record like I got every Talking Heads record for under ten bucks easily. And now they're all really expensive. Yeah, even a used record is going to cost you a fifteen minimum.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was happy to get a bunch of them because I.
Speaker 2: Would dare to say as an audio file sort of it's not worth it. It's not worth it to spend twenty bucks on a vinyl at this point.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, my speakers are probably four inches diagonally. I don't think I've changed my needle since I got it twenty years ago. So the audio quality it probably could be better, yeah, is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: But I also love I like having my favorite records on vinyl, and like I play them less through streaming, but I'm like, okay, sure, yeah, I'll turn on yeah, stop making sense or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more likely to play it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, I want to have these ones. I want to make sure my kids have to carry these around.
Speaker 2: Well, like my kid wants to get into vinyl, and I'm like, just don't do it. Just don't do it, Like you don't have the setup for it. It's just so much upkeep, and it's just not the price of it is just crazy. It's just it's not worth it. You missed it, You missed the boat, son, I.
Speaker 3: Mean one I'll come along soon. Yeah, hopefully, so report surface this week. Like we talked earlier, Lebron irritated with Adam Silver because Silver said hurry up and pick a team, but you don't rush the king fellas. What's one thing you never want to rush.
Speaker 1: I wasn't picking a team. I was picking my hairs. I was picking my hairs from the top of my ear. I was plucking my ear hairs. Yeah, And Danielle comes into the room and says, you got to moisturize that ear. And I said, excuse me, I'm busy here. Do not do not rush this because I'm going to make my ear bleed if I try and rush it. I've done that man any times. Or I just grabbed the skin of my ear because I'm missing or doing it too fast. So she was trying to rush me. And I've never noticed my ear is dry until that. Until them, I'm like, I guess they're dry. That's one of those things like, okay, you know ankles, knees, elbows, they might be dry. But I've never I don't know if you guys have ever noticed that your ear, never your ear cartilage is causing some dryness or whatever's happening you're saying.
Speaker 3: You're saying top of ear top. He definitely definitely not.
Speaker 1: I guess I guess that's where she said, your husband. That's a weird one man.
Speaker 3: Jadie, what's one thing you never want to rush?
Speaker 2: I mean, not to be gross, but poops, I never push. I've been there for a while. I just yeah, exactly, I don't want to. I don't want like a blown blood vessel in my eye, or hemorrhoids or that. You know.
Speaker 3: That, I agree.
Speaker 2: Just let the natural contractions do its thing and evacuate your bowels.
Speaker 1: Can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your body's meant to do it, exactly.
Speaker 2: Grab a book, gravity, enjoy yourself, gravity works. Maybe maybe a little stool pardon the pun, to put your your feet up on, you know, just let it happen.
Speaker 1: I thought about that today, actually stool part of bringing a stool in because I was getting prepared for the show. Okay, this is number two of my number twos from this morning, and I got to get to work here. But I also don't want to rush it, so I was thinking about getting the stool in there. Sure I didn't do that, though, didn't go back to our No Season Required tour where I did that. I pulled a stool into the bathroom. That gross done with it fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Squatty potty. Why didn't they call it the stool stool, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I know, splun opportunity there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally missed opportunity. I'm personally never rushing a Bucky's visit or I never want to rush a Bucky's visit, which is a conundrum because every time we're there, it's a rush. Yeah, I got back down the roads going. Yeah, I'm never just going and it's always I do the gas outside, Laura and the girls go inside, go to the bathroom, so they got a little bit of a head start on me. Then I'm trying to play catch up. I gotta go to the bathroom. Yeah, and then I got to look at every single item in the store, and I never get to look at the clothing items, Like why do they have that stuff? You know, like I would love it seeing what all kinds of stuff they have over there.
Speaker 2: I mean you never you've never gone through and just quick little.
Speaker 3: Brows not enough. I mean yeah, definitely like a quick little brows or like you definitely see all the BUCkies branded stuff when you're walking through. The main thing fourth of July shirt or Halloween shirt, that kind of thing. But they got so much stuff in there, there's gotta be some weird things. They're probably still a knife, right, you'd have.
Speaker 1: To think, yeah, they got it all, they got it all. You're right. You want to rush, and quite often you're on a holiday weekend and there's a lot of people there, so it's crowded because buckis is that good?
Speaker 3: It's always a rush, but you never want it to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Those are three questions, three answers, nine total.
Speaker 1: Thank you for good math. Thank you for the questions A fun one. What's also fun is seeing people on sub stack comment on stuff after they jump on over to vote in our poll which movie franchise should no dunks cover the summer? As we've discussed that's what we're going to be doing. Pirates of the Caribbean has won. The poll is over. Thank you for the eleven and thirty eight votes. Pirates of the Caribbean was behind Indiana Jones with the boat got in front. Indian Jones was second, Transformers and Superman third and fourth. Thanks for the love over on subsack, including this comment which I appreciated, because I do want to mention if you want your podcast ad free, you go join substack on our page as Isaac aka Roy did and he said, quote, I have been a fan of you guys forever, fifteen years question mark. I love your humor, insights and perspectives. Cliche, but listening to the pod just feels like hanging out with my buds talking about hoops and life. Thanks for all the amazing years of content, and thank you, Roy, appreciate it for you joining our substack page. We'll be back Monday.
Speaker 3: I think we'll be back monday. Will we have a Lebron decision to talk about?
Speaker 1: Now we're talking odds. This is going to happen apparently according to the odds, According to the odds, which is I guess that's how odds work. I mean you can bet, yeah, yeah, because I think I saw it on Wednesday and the odds were the highest today, which is the Friday. Yesterday had some moths a Thursday. But that's how it should work, I guess for odds on when it's gonna happen, it's gonna be pretty short term. You can't. You can't just throw in next week. But it went day by day, Okay, Thursday, Friday, best odds Saturday start to you know, got a little worse Sunday got a little worse than Monday, So I don't know. Maybe I'm buying the odds makers, but I think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Great, it definitely could. You know, we're in a pretty dead time for sports going on right now. Baseball is going, of course, w NBA is going.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all start game tonight for WNB A.
Speaker 3: Cool Chicago if I'm not mistake.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yeah, there's there is gonna be a trickle down effect with Lebron, So there's gonna be more to talk about with Peyton Watson, Jalen Durham.
Speaker 3: One day run of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, so some stuff one day. But for now, Clipper bros.
Speaker 3: You heard it here first, have a great time, turn off, Love you guys, awesome.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us. And remember no one's stank smells better than your own stank, and that I had nothing to do with JD's rapid fire. I had that prepared from earlier. But it's a tie in. I mean, it's true. Do you consider that stank? I guess it is.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's your own. You can call it musk though, and it sounds better.
Speaker 1: You're right, Elan, embrace it.
Speaker 3: It