Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of thumbs Up at Arling trend National Cemetery. Oh, parenthetical, parenthetical National. My name is Jack, that is miles. These are the things that are trending on Thursday, August twenty ninth. Tell you one thing that's trending Donald Trump's photo op at Arlington. Still, the controversy continues to unfold for like, I don't know, it just seems like there's a lot of lines that were being crossed, and it was like, for me, it was like, yeah, that seems really disrespectful, definitely par for his course, for the Trump golf course. But then the picture really drove it home for me. Yeah, when you see him standing before a soldier's grave that he didn't have permission to be standing in front of, giving a thumbs up, like he's at Chucky Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it got like it got worse because they're like the soud we could be there, and they're like the cemetery are like no. And also, you shoved this woman and she would press charges, but she's too afraid to do that because the fucking maga Internet will come for her life. Yeah, and then even the army made a statement and like yeah.
Speaker 1: Again the Republican presidential candidate.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: And then because of that fucking Chris Lasovita, the who we will talk about tomorrow, who didn't know what hollow he was on hollow ground rather than yeah, he like posted like a video of him there, and he said reposting this hoping to trigger the hacks at that fucking army, like what do you fucking what's your base anymore?
Speaker 3: Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: So anyway, yep, the I mean, I guess this.
Speaker 3: The metaphor works there.
Speaker 2: They dig the grave deeper on this particular issue and are not able to get out of it.
Speaker 1: You guys are the weird ones. Also JD Vance, We just always like to check him with him. He is dropping at old New Bangers every week. This week we got the Hulk Hogan. Don't worry every any every everybody, I'm not gonna take my shirt off.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got.
Speaker 1: The screen cap of him, uh saying something and then the c span uh.
Speaker 3: One person clap clapping.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the latest one also, I think the same place where he made his really fucking cool uh you know Hulk Hogan remark. He was talking to a group of firefighters. And when he's introed.
Speaker 3: He's getting some booze.
Speaker 2: Let's hear this JD stage Yeah, JD.
Speaker 3: Vance, jance dance vance yep.
Speaker 2: Him seper five guys, we got some sounds like we've got some fans and some payters.
Speaker 3: That's okay, let's does he gives it. That's okay.
Speaker 1: Where the his words don't match the hand gesture, he says that's okay and then one, two, three and then puts his hands up like he was he had just said, that's okay.
Speaker 3: He's just.
Speaker 1: To be an human.
Speaker 2: The best though too, because a lot of people are like, maybe there was maybe they were shouting down somebody who didn't like him and they were doing that, and they're like, no, this is him. When he leaves the stage at the very same event, he's also sent off with booze, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna fight for you. What do we get or not? God?
Speaker 1: That started out promising miles. They're saying do his name is James Deuce thing.
Speaker 2: Somebody on it was on Twitter commented They're like they're saying boo ants.
Speaker 3: Timely Simpson reference.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right. So that's what's going on with their campaign in more important news, the Jurassic World franchise is being reborn, mere two years after we had supposedly the final, the finale for the whole franchise.
Speaker 3: Oh oh that was wait, the last one was supposed to be the last one ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jurassic World Dominion they called They called it quote end of the Jurassic Era, and it reunited the stars of the original film along with the Chris Pratt era actors.
Speaker 3: But they did.
Speaker 1: Something smart, Miles Okay, well what uh most people, only savvy viewers might have noticed is they made it really shitty. So people felt like there was still something to be done with the franchise. Everyone was like, oh, that can't be. That can't be the final It's not like the final statement. It's not like I closed the book on anything. And so in so doing, they open they left the door.
Speaker 3: Cracked open just in case.
Speaker 1: People were like, could we could we try doing a.
Speaker 3: Good Jurassic Park movie? What about that?
Speaker 1: And here we come with two great actors. So now it's like, maybe maybe this is what they're doing there. We're getting another movie next year starring Scarlett Johansson and maherschela Ali and the first details of the movie are out, including the title Jurassic World Rebirth. Oh again, the last movie was two years ago. But yeah, I don't know. I don't know how much reincarnation takes.
Speaker 3: You know, that's true.
Speaker 2: Who am I to say? Who am I to say? I'm not an enlightened being? But okay, like.
Speaker 1: Sure, it reportedly takes place five years after the events of Dominion, which is more time than we'll have elapsed in real life. That it's going to hit theaters in twenty twenty five. So Domingion came out in twenty twenty two, and it's going to be about trying to extract dino DNA to create a miraculous and life saving drug.
Speaker 3: Wait, it has to be about the dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. It's not like an the origin story of extracting the dino DNA what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But they're oh wait what no, no, no, no, it's interesting. It's not about that you're saying.
Speaker 2: And this is not about the Yeah, the premise here is that these people are looking to extract the dino DNA for now a new purpose, which is a miraculous wonder drug. Yes, so it's got a big pharma bend to it. And also it's like it's just about you, Like, oh man, did you get this sample?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 3: All right, well let's.
Speaker 1: Keep Yes, they're basically taking the premise of Avatar two Way of the Water and being like, but what if we just did that in our film?
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 1: So in the new movie, only a limited number of dinosaurs remain and live in specialized biospheres, and three of those creatures hold the key to a potentially miraculous and life saving drug, and then covert operations expert Zora Bennett played by Johansson. Zora Bennett attempts to secure the genetic material from the dinosaurs, but ends up stranded with a civilian family on an island that holds a secret that has been kept from humanity for decades.
Speaker 3: So maybe there aren't only a limited number of.
Speaker 1: These days, maybe lots of dinosaurs. Ah, it's interesting that they're fucking with the timeline, because the timeline is the thing that never made sense about the Jurassic Park film is that they cloned dinosaurs and then just like fast forward to when they were full grown somehow, yeah, yeah, yeah, or they discovered cloning dinosaur technology in the sixties and like kept it a secret for that long, but that would have been as pretty long. Yeah. And the other thing that doesn't make sense where all that dinosaur shit go to? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh right, like the one they like get like that one shit pile.
Speaker 3: That's only dinosaur shit we see, is that one pile? Yeah? Where is the other stuff?
Speaker 1: And that is a lot of shit. That is one big pile of ship absolutely all right. And finally, no, not finally, finally before break, sure, and finally before break. The last story before break, marijuana is too strong?
Speaker 3: Now take a break. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Atlantics dropped an article with the title marijuana is too strong now, and I just want to read the opening paragraph. This is by Malcolm Ferguson from the Atlantic, and he says a strange thing has happened on the path to marijuana legalization. Users across all ages and experienced levels are noticing that a drug they once turned to fun and relaxation now triggers existential dread and paranoia. Check, that's actually what it always did for me. But then we get this quote quote the density of the nugs is crazy. They're so sticky. A friend from college texted.
Speaker 3: Me recently uh huh uh huh.
Speaker 1: Quote I soloed a joint from the dispensary recently and was tweaking just walking around. Translation for the non pot savvy, this strain of marijuana is not for amateurs. Yeah, no shit, thanks for the performative, like h buttoned upness. Yeah, we could tell even if people aren't marijuana savvy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I mean, the whole the whole bend of this article is basically being like.
Speaker 4: Dude, man, the weed they're putting out there, it ain't like the sixties and it's way too strong and the government needs to get involved if we're going to legalize this crap.
Speaker 2: It's very odd, Like it's like if you've been to a dispensary, like there are there are so many options where you can get any level of THC or even CBD what whatever your pleasure is, right.
Speaker 3: So, like it just got like this.
Speaker 2: It's weird, Like when you said, like, shit, is it responsible to be unleashing this kind of a powerful drug onto the world, Like what is this Jurassic Park?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: That is actually what they were using the dinosaur ship for was to grow just the wildest weed and t Rex shit, right, right, right, Yeah, it's right. The legalization actually makes it so you're not just beholden to whatever you can get your hands on, right, Like the they have a store where they're like this one is like actually pretty mellow and this one actually doesn't have any psychoactive elements to it and you can you know, use responsibly. But this feels, yeah, this feels like they're trying to create problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think, like, you know, because a lot of any time, like there needs to be more regulation, like rather than talking about like the potency there. I like, after seeing that New York Times or LA Times investigation about how much like contaminated or stuff with like all kinds of weird contaminants and chemicals we're in certain like weed and evape products, I think that's a bigger concern than.
Speaker 3: Like this shit too loud, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like that's where I think maybe there could be a little bit more attention, if at all. But again, the take of this is definitely a dude who like he's like, I can't just this weed makes me think about my stepdad.
Speaker 1: Right to the Atlantic. Don't just bring you google the Atlantic marijuana. I think brand the editor was pointing out that the history of the recent articles that will come up, so we got marijuana is too strong. Now almost no one is happy with legal weed. Marijuana's health effects are about to get a whole lot clearer. Congress accidentally legalized weed six years ago. The Marijua want a legalization conundrum, so they've yeah, yeah, we get, we get. Their thoughts are clear.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, they're also they're they're on the wrong side of most things.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I say that out ten articles are unreadable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over there, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and the right is continuing. It's building its logical, air tight case against the Harris Walls ticket. Obviously, we covered yesterday the conspiracy where they pointed out that Tim Walls was pictured with a dog he claimed was scouted, but it was different than scouted his dog that he uh posed with another picture and then it was just like, no, the wording was actually vague and this was just him next to a different dog at the dog park while he was also with He's like, he said, there's only one dog in the world anyway, so that one was just a mess swinging attempt and yeah, swinging a mess and like what were they going to prove that he didn't like just just try and like think through.
Speaker 3: One step ahead. And if that's true, then what exactly.
Speaker 1: What I want to behind the scenes of you working with their APA research that's true?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What are we getting that?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: What he's a freaky guy with a bunch of dogs named Scout. He has no dog.
Speaker 2: Guys, we're caping for a fucking felon right now who's got all kinds of freaky ship.
Speaker 3: Boys. We gotta be we gotta become harder than this. Come on now.
Speaker 1: So as you know, somebody clearly saw that story and said, guys, guys, guys, this thing goes all the way to the top. His boss is liar too, and I can prove it. Kamala Harris always talking about working at McDonald's. I found a resume of hers. She doesn't mention McDonald's at all. What Yeah, So this is their mic drop evidence that Kamala Harris liar is that her resume and job application for a position as a law clerk doesn't mention the time that she worked at McDonald's after her freshman year of college.
Speaker 2: Right much like when I was applying for jobs in politics. I didn't say I worked at a laser tag place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I rarely put my experience washing dishes that are an Italian restaurant in Lakeling, Kentucky on my resume these days.
Speaker 2: Now you're lying, and now you're a fucking liar. Okay, got your ass? Okay, So if true, then what I mean that makes more sense right that? If true, then you could say this person did hear on their background to appeal to working class people.
Speaker 3: Sure, but like okay, but just like trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like maybe don't bring this one to me until you've actually looked and said she actually didn't work at a McDonald's, like we did a background chet like there's no evidence of her working there. Don't just bring me the absence of a mention of McDonald's on a resume as evidence that she didn't work there, you dumb, dumb motherfucker.
Speaker 3: And also find just find it. If if true, then find that smoking gun baby. Don't use the rest would use.
Speaker 1: So fun to make fun of her about if she really just made up the McDonald's thing and she was like, actually, you know, we're working for fucking a Wall Street bank, Like yes, please, that would be great. I'd love to make fun of her about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the mc swift buttener Manift.
Speaker 1: They're gonna get like fellow workers from like once it's proven that she has worked there, They're gonna get fellow workers being like she would take the fries out way too early, you don't have much salt.
Speaker 3: She'd put on him.
Speaker 2: A guy i'm pretty sure had a heart attack once from eating McDonald's.
Speaker 3: I mean it wasn't from the.
Speaker 1: Actually appreciate that. I'm always in search of the saltiest fry and a batch of McDonald's fries. I love the salty one.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When like you get it, you get it, you're like, oh, this one's turned pickling my mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, exactly. All right. Uh let's talk about Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I've.
Speaker 1: Been seeing him like try to get his riz up a little bit. He's like grown his hair out. Uh, he's starting to rock a chain. He's changed the clothes he's wearing. Did you see did you see the video where he's like in a tuxedo holding an American flag wakeboarding?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, yes, which he called Trump bad as recently too, did he Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, these motherfuckers are all going to just turn into our biggest fucking night.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Every tech ceo that was like once lionized and been like guys, they're they answered, all, every single one of them is going to go the way of the Musk. Yeah, because I think they look at Elon Musk and they see somebody who's like taken over like people's brains and just they're they're probably like jealous because they're sociopathic narcissists.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's now he's really helping. He's really helping the GOP now with this letter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In a letter to a representative Jim Jordan, Jim Jordan was like, what's going on, Like, was the Obama or that was the Biden administration like doing shady things they part of trying to get misinformation blocked on about nineteen. No, it's about censorship, Jack, censoring sensor real information on my censorship crusade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is what this was. In response to Jim Jordan's censorship crusade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's saying that by blocking misinformation about COVID nineteen, they're censoring the American people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 2: Quote in twenty twenty one, senior officials for the Biden administration, including the White House, repeatedly pressured our teams for months to censor certain COVID nineteen content, including humor and satire, and expressed a lot of frustration with our teams when we didn't agree. And then he goes on to be like, like, it felt like it was wrong. Yeah, this is a letter to Jim Jordan. He's like, I felt that was wrong, and I regret that I did that.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But the fucking the horseshit of it all is that this is something again, Jim Jordan's been talking about for years. The fucking Supreme Court even heard arguments about this and they were like, bro, I don't know, I don't know. We don't even see anything. We don't see any there there.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: So now Zuckerberg is now giving Jim Jordan this like lettered of fucking you know parade around, which I think is interesting given you know, the election coming up, prime you know, a proliferation of misinformation and running a huge social media platform like Facebook. What that means now, Like he's like, yeah, now when they all that election denihalism stuff shows up, I might amplify it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just I mean we already saw that, like after the twenty sixteen election, he or during the twenty sixteen election, he like caved and was like really willing to, you know, back away because he was afraid of being called not sufficiently like down the middle when it came to Republicans. And uh yeah, I mean he's he just wants power and he wants people to think he cool guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah and narrator and he not.
Speaker 2: He's not and he's but this is just again, this is all a fake crisis because that's all the Republicans are dealing with right now. And yeah, I mean this guy just handed them a real nice gift. And this is like also too, like there were quotes I think from a Trump book where like he's also saying shit like like where Trump was like I wanted.
Speaker 3: To put what did he say He's gonna lock them up or something? Anyway, it's who was Zuckerberg? Trump?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like claiming that Zuckerberg like was like he was against first, he was plotting against me during the twenty twenty book.
Speaker 1: When I am king you will be first against the wah, Zuckerberg but yeah, like the fact that he's caving on not spreading like pre governmental pressure to not spread deadly myth information is so wild, like so on the note, like that is what they they like when people are like Facebook is extremely dangerous, not really in the US as much anymore because like it's not used by anybody under the age of sixty five, but like in other countries, they have been known to spread deadly myth information, misinformation lies that get people killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is also like I said that Trump book where he's like he was against me. He also is a quote he told me there was nobody like Trump on Facebook, but at the same time and for whatever reason, steered it against me.
Speaker 3: We're watching him closely and if he does anything illegal this time, he will spend the rest of his life in prison.
Speaker 2: Wow, as will others who cheat in the twenty twenty four presidential election.
Speaker 3: This is is yet to be released book.
Speaker 1: So Jesus Christ. Yeah, it's a yeah, it's gonna be bad. I feel like, oh, there will be a lot of capitulation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the Fannings scared. The flames is uh yeah, it's it's not gonna be pretty. Not gonna be pretty.
Speaker 1: Project twenty twenty five is uh yeah, it's gonna make it possible for him to do whatever the fuck he wants, right if he does get into office, And as we saw in twenty sixteen, like people with brains like Mark Zuckerberg's are just trying to triangulate, like and you know, take risk into account and be like, Okay, well, if there's a ten percent chance that Trump wins, that's still a ten percent chance that he can like come after me. So I need to position myself and also make myself look fucking sick and cool looking s lcky gen Z broccoli hair dude, and I'm rocking the chain red the oversized tea dog. I feel like we're going to start seeing some tattoos pop up from Zuckerberg, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, what if he got some face tats?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I feel like we're going to start seeing like just little things popping out of the collar of hure who is his.
Speaker 2: Like U Zuckerberg's like famous Roman emperor that he's like obsessed with, Like that's why his hair, you know, like they were saying, like right, Caesar Augustus, it's got yeah exactly like that that like that's influencing him. Now he's like having some kind of crisis. So now he's just turning into trying to be something like young dude. Yeah and then yeah, next up is going to be some tear drop tattoos or like a Mivi de loca kind of handtat who knows?
Speaker 1: Who knows the weird seven foot tall statues of his wife that look terrible?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was so fucking weird? Is I mean? It's just yes? Oh did you see the clip of JD. Vance telling he said he told Kamala Harris to go to hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it was can we play it? I haven't actually seen it. I've just seen that he said it.
Speaker 2: It's delivered with the kind of vigor that you would expect from a guy who thinks he's a tough guy famously, so here he is, mister tough guy.
Speaker 3: JD. Van's time, look go to hell. Kamala Harris is disgraceful.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about a story out of those thirteen brave, innocent Americans who lost their lives.
Speaker 3: It's that Kamala Harris is so.
Speaker 4: Asleep at the wheel that she won't even do an investigation into what happened, and she wants to.
Speaker 3: Yell at Donald Trump because he showed up. She can she can go to hell woo.
Speaker 4: Whoo.
Speaker 1: And that's not like the video skipping, that's his brain skipping when he's like trying to get all do.
Speaker 3: You think he was trying to do dramatic a dramatic pause.
Speaker 1: I think he was yeah, yeah, and he's like, you know, I shouldn't say it, but it's not convinced, Like it's wild because like the first sign that Trump had that like something was happening here with Trump was him just destroying Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush like was supposed to be the candidate that everybody was going to get behind, and he like immediately just got fucking rinsed by Trump for having like low energy and you know one person clapping and being like please clap, like he now has brought onto his ticket the most Jeb Bush ass motherfucker since Jeb Bush.
Speaker 3: He's the dan Quail of Jeb Bushes.
Speaker 2: That's right, some then, but even then those are people who are performing much better than Jade Vans. There's just there's a piece and Slate that was just talking about how like his because of his personality, like he's just unable to execute anything that remotely seems like humor.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, but they keep trying, man, I know, and this is such a fucking what are they doing?
Speaker 2: Like they used to realize they were so buttoned up right like that, You're like, this isn't even a real guy.
Speaker 3: This is like the Republicans like plastic people.
Speaker 2: But now like that with the Biden switch, they're really turning up on the like we just need to start turning up, like we need to get nasty, and like they're it's just it's just repulsive to a lot of people, like.
Speaker 3: Even their own base, Like sure, I guess go to hell.
Speaker 1: But you was like bringing that up in the context of the really bad look of Trump showing up at Arlington and like doing a thumbs up and like, you know, pushing angering the army. He like he brought it up and he's like, oh, you weren't talking about bad and it's like, nah, that's still worse. Man, what are you what are you talking about? Just go to hell?
Speaker 3: Man, Just I just I just want y'all got some of those sprinkle ones, all right, ude?
Speaker 1: And then just like pretend like from here at the with regards to the jokes, I just like, do a joke. Whatever makes sense, you know, whatever makes sense, whatever makes sense. Like, that's that's what I do here, and then you guys can laugh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that cool that? My god? Did that work in terms of like selling me as kind of one of you they there's.
Speaker 3: A I just saw this thing.
Speaker 2: I think it's in talking points memo about the Arlington thing. I'll just read this expert quote. Three days ago, the Trump campaign held a campaign event at Arlington National Cemetery. The idea was to lay a wreath honoring the thirteen members of the US military were killed during the evacuation of Cobble in twenty twenty one and film.
Speaker 3: A political ad.
Speaker 2: They would distribute the video and attack Vice President Harris and President Biden for not quote showing up for their campaign event, which they sought to portray was an established memorial.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: That was like their fucking initial to pretend.
Speaker 1: That this was a whole, Like this was an established memorial and like they just weren't there. Yeah, but it turns out nobody was there because you're not allowed to.
Speaker 3: Be there and they are still on their own head.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow killing wow Wow, wow wow wow yep. All right, well those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, ye, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye