Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. I kill just the bits.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody?
Speaker 3: Happy weekend, actually, happy Mother's Day weekend.
Speaker 2: Shout out to all the moms out there.
Speaker 3: I hope you are already relaxing and enjoying yourself and doing all kinds of fun things.
Speaker 2: Happy Mother's Day from me to you.
Speaker 3: You deserve all the amazing things to happen for you, not just this weekend, but every weekend. Before we get into all the cool segments that happened on the show this week, be sure to check out Part one.
Speaker 2: Mike D joins me this weekend, and on.
Speaker 3: Part one we're talking about Unfrosted, the movie on Netflix and wtf.
Speaker 2: That's all I need to say about that. Also, I heart Country Festival.
Speaker 3: I had some stories to share from behind the scenes, and Mike D give us an update on what's going on in his life recently. And in Part three we talk Posty aka post Malone aka Mike D's favorite person on Earth and punk emo concerts.
Speaker 2: Also, if Mike D could direct a movie, what genre it be?
Speaker 3: So that's some good stuff on Part one. In Part three This Weekend with Mike D. But for now, the reason you're probably listening to this one to catch up on the show Let's Go. We had a listener call into the show who really wants to get back into the dating scene and needed some help on how to approach women in public versus just utilizing dating apps and dms. Well, the advice I give during this maybe a little controversial.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Everybody has a different vibe for the type of approaches they like, but I felt like this one kind of works for the majority of people.
Speaker 4: Number seven, there's a voicemail we got last night.
Speaker 5: I need your guys with advice. I am a gout skid and I am single and reddit to mangle. My biggest issue is every time I feel like I can go up to a girl, I feel like a creep. In the gym, I go up to it, I feel like a creep is trying to hit on Or I go to the bars, I'd be looking just another creep trying to hit on them. Trying to do with the DM thing that I feel like a creep trying to hit on another girl, Send and pick up lie, just trying to create conversation, like all peoplen't people to do right? What is your guys' advice, The best way is to start talking to somebody and get to know new people.
Speaker 6: Just so you know, as a dude, you're always a creep trying to hit on somebody until you get past that level.
Speaker 4: That's where you starts. Wherever dude starts.
Speaker 6: It's never comfortable cold calling, never easy cold calling. She's going up to somebody, you're always a creep until they decide you're not. Because yes, if you go up to somebody with ear you know, air pods in earbuds.
Speaker 4: You know, excuse me. And even if it's something that's like, hey, I saw that you had this book that I read.
Speaker 6: Unless she already is kind of attracted to you, that's a creepy thing to do. But then it's also not creepy if she likes you and she's attracted to you, right then it's such a fine line. You are a creep until you're told otherwise as a dude, So first of all, yep, it's all creepy until it's not.
Speaker 4: Morgan, what are your thoughts here with this guy? Would you tell him?
Speaker 2: I would say a lot of it has to do with confidence.
Speaker 3: If you're already going in a little bit on it like on edge and being a little shaky. They're going to feel that like if you go up and you just you commit to it, like, don't back down, just commit to what you're doing. I think that has a lot to do with it. And then don't don't do pickup lines. Don't do cheesy pickup lines.
Speaker 4: But what if you never know what to say?
Speaker 2: Just be like, Hi, how are you doing today? It's really good to see you. What's your name?
Speaker 7: Well that would creep me out.
Speaker 2: But it's better than being like.
Speaker 7: Hey, well, like where's my wallet?
Speaker 2: Did you fall from heaven?
Speaker 4: Okay, So the cheesy pickup line bad deal.
Speaker 3: Yes, no cheesy pickup line maybe not that strong, but like, no cheesy picking line.
Speaker 4: I don't know that.
Speaker 8: I hate the pickup line. It's like an icebreaker.
Speaker 6: That's like you have nothing else on your whole arsenal to go to, so you're gonna get something you took off the internet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so like did it hurt when you call from heaven? Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like that would just be like lazy or unintelligent.
Speaker 3: Well it makes you laugh and immediately laugh and then you just don't take that person seriously.
Speaker 2: And you're like, Okay, you're out.
Speaker 6: So would you agree that any guy that comes up and Cole calls a woman, they just have to understand they're in the creed radar and they have to live with it.
Speaker 4: They could think it doesn't matter who they are, they may be thought as a creep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's always that possibility.
Speaker 4: Even if they're not. It's just it depends on the situation of the.
Speaker 3: Girls in Yeah, and you definitely got it you Just like I said, it has so much to do with confidence. I feel like if you don't have the confidence, then that's when that creep factor really comes in because you can you can read energy.
Speaker 8: And if you're coming and.
Speaker 3: You're strong and you're confident, I'm not gonna be like, okay, like what's happening.
Speaker 2: You're just a confident person.
Speaker 6: What about smiling, Like would you prefer a smiley face? And is there too much of a smile and does that make you a creep?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think you can do like a soft smile, very soft, like not a lot of teeth, like don't be cheesing it.
Speaker 4: But if you do teeth, that's a little weird. Yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's a fine line. Man, it's so tough.
Speaker 6: What if he like finds them, sees their name, goes and searches them out on social media, and then DMS them and says, hey, I saw you at the gym.
Speaker 4: The DM style is that ever creepy?
Speaker 3: I think that's a great way to go about it with this day and age, because you can you can both avoid that it ever happen. If she's not interested and she doesn't respond, it never happened for both of you.
Speaker 6: But then what if you wonder or maybe she never saw my message, you go and be like, did you read my message?
Speaker 3: Definitely don't do that. Don't do that, like I promise, most of the time they're seeing the message.
Speaker 6: So what is your advice to him on how to create conversation in these awkward places? Give him some real tangible advice he can take from this segment here.
Speaker 2: I think you keep continuing to go up to people.
Speaker 3: Just have your confidence, find a very easy conversation in.
Speaker 2: Maybe you like, hey, I like your shoes, or find find an easy way in and have confidence. Don't push it. Just be like a welcoming human being and see where it goes.
Speaker 4: No pickup lines, No pickup lines. I like your shoes.
Speaker 6: Things interesting because prove I don't, right, you can't unless they're not wearing shoes.
Speaker 4: And it's like, bro, you say is everybody.
Speaker 7: Can you say like I like your hair or is that too?
Speaker 6: I don't know, Morgan physical, it's body.
Speaker 3: You can if it's if it's different hair, if it's kind of same hair everybody else.
Speaker 2: You're kind of like what's happening?
Speaker 6: So your advice to him is fake confidence, yeah, and be okay to fail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like you just gotta go for it. So much of dating is just going for it.
Speaker 7: What about the gym too?
Speaker 4: Is that okay?
Speaker 6: You did mention that they have things in their ears, like we're supposed to do way at him to get them take them out.
Speaker 3: So if you have a gym crush, this is what I've learned, is like and you start to go at the same time, try and find the time they're leaving or going and that's soccer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's stock unless she likes you. And then see if.
Speaker 4: Their phone code is the type so you can go in later.
Speaker 3: I mean, if like they're leaving and you're like, okay, I'm gonna finish earlier and just try and leave at the same time as them, so you can talk to them when they're exiting versus when they're working out.
Speaker 6: All right, good job, buddy, you hit the right person. She's got you. Let us know how that goes, and be prepared to fail. A whole, whole, whole bunch.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, we did a draft for the best nicknames for money.
Speaker 2: Weirdest draft ever.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm glad I was out of this one because I'm not sure what my team would have been.
Speaker 2: I think I have one word for money, and that's cash. I think that's it. Well, here for yourself. Everybody came up with a lot of names.
Speaker 9: Number six, Let's do a draft much like the NFL draft or NBA draft today.
Speaker 4: We'll be drafting nicknames for money.
Speaker 6: Could be anything. Nicknames for money. If people call this, you got it, you can list it. I won the old dice roll. I'll go first.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go cash number one. Answer.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's right down the middle, not sexy. But also it's what everybody calls it.
Speaker 7: Everyone still uses that first.
Speaker 6: Nickname for money is cash. Amy nicknames for money, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, spend that cheddar, Yeah, why are.
Speaker 4: You hating everybody? He has the belt in front of him the only time he's ever won.
Speaker 7: Like, I kind of know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: You you won one draft in five years, Okay, go ahead, lunchbox.
Speaker 4: Dough oh good one spell it d o U g H got it? Okay, champ Eddie.
Speaker 10: Oh man, there's so many, but I'm just gonna go with Bucks Bucks.
Speaker 4: Got five hundred bucks Bucks. Just get Bucks, okay, and then Morgan's out for the first time ever.
Speaker 7: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ray, easy one bag okay, I mean you can get the bag backs only money bags like that. It doesn't matter. Hey, you know what it's you. I'm not trying to be Eddie here. I like bag though, but like get that bag, but that means a bag of money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's trying to get that bag.
Speaker 10: I mean yeah, yeah here, Yes, I know I've heard that where my kids say that. All my son says, yeah, you sold the bag.
Speaker 7: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 6: Ray Mundo, you get to go first the second time around because you went last.
Speaker 4: Here, what is your second one?
Speaker 9: Just because it sounds funny and me and my friend when I first went to college called our money this for an entire year.
Speaker 4: Loot? Okay, man, you got any loot on you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How much loot you need? You get the loot. Pirates use to say that too, or like eighteen hundred bank robbers. I like that, Ed, you got bucks? What do you got with yours?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 7: Where do I go here?
Speaker 10: I go like young with the kids, or I just like keep it like general. I think I'm gonna go with jingle, Well, jingle in my pocket, the change way back?
Speaker 7: Hey, you got some jingle on you?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 4: That sounds like either a Christmas song or like you don't have money, so you only got jingle?
Speaker 7: You know the jingle jangle?
Speaker 4: You know, I hear you. Jingle's changed to.
Speaker 7: Me, it's money, dude, I hear you money here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 7: Samp.
Speaker 4: I like it. They sorry, Champ. I should never question the champ. All right, lunchbox, you have do what else you're doing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 11: I don't remember what Amy said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can't tell you.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 13: Bang it?
Speaker 11: Oh oh man ah give.
Speaker 4: Remember if he doubles up, it goes down his poop.
Speaker 11: I know That's why I'm scared.
Speaker 10: I forgot about that yeah, give me moolah.
Speaker 7: Oh that's good dude.
Speaker 4: Okakkk, I forgot about moolah. Amy, you have cheddar? What are you gonna put with it?
Speaker 8: Paper?
Speaker 4: Paper cake?
Speaker 8: I'll never say that you have the kids to get that paper.
Speaker 10: Yea yeah, like my son would be like that you got paper, right, So you went with jingle. Well, I didn't want to go too young. My son's sixteen.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with I'm just gonna go.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with cheese, straight up cheese.
Speaker 4: You got cheddar, but I got cheese. You only got one kind. I got all the cheeses.
Speaker 8: I got it.
Speaker 4: I got cash and cheese.
Speaker 6: Amy's got cheddar and paper lunchboxes, got dough and moolah.
Speaker 4: Eddie's got bucks and jingle.
Speaker 7: That's money, dude.
Speaker 4: Dude. This is why you always look like you hit your one like hey, blind squirrel gets a nut. You hit it last week. It's fun saying you eliminated again, though you're gonna go from chan to eliminated in one week. Okay, Ray Mundo's got bagging loot. Okay uh.
Speaker 6: In the final round to add to cash and cheese, I'm gonna do de Niro like Robert. Yeah, yeah, I'm good de Niro.
Speaker 10: Is it Oh yeah, I can go pay sos then you can do it?
Speaker 7: Or yeah, yeah you can do that too.
Speaker 8: Is it bad because Benjamin's is only one hundred?
Speaker 4: I almost said, Benjamin, don't be honest with you. It's like, I mean, doesn't matter Eddie pick Nichols.
Speaker 8: So you because I'm going between like bank.
Speaker 4: Or Benjamin, I almost did Benjamin.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can get specific. I'll go Benjamin's good.
Speaker 14: Lunchbox bread that you went go in bread? Should you go butternuts? All you're done, I'm gonna go biscuits.
Speaker 7: Hey, this is the wrong drive man.
Speaker 15: We're doing money a jingling number one that I'd be bragging about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, jingle and bucks man jingles terrible. I'm also we're all getting good laughs at jingles terrible. Let's go ahead, okay, jingle jangle even then be bad at least you kind of You know.
Speaker 10: Dude, you never heard you got a little jingle? Hey man, we're going out tonight. You got jingle? No, okay, I.
Speaker 4: Never heard it that way. I never heard that either, or I but I have heard got a little.
Speaker 10: Jingle in my pocket going That's where I got it from I think, go ahead, do you think let's see bones?
Speaker 7: Hey you went cash?
Speaker 11: I can't tell you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I remember him going cash?
Speaker 4: Who you you? You went cash?
Speaker 7: Did I?
Speaker 10: So I think I'm gonna one up you on this one, and I'm gonna go with Kazash.
Speaker 4: Yeah goodbye. Just take the belt, Now what do you do? Just take the belt, put it on the floor, like who knows who's gonna get it? But take the belt and put it on the floor.
Speaker 7: Hey, we're going out.
Speaker 4: You got Kazash, Yeah, kazasing. Oh yeah, that's c A Z A s A. You won't get another win it. It's right until twenty twenty nine. Bro alright Morgan, Oh you're out?
Speaker 11: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 11: Ray g.
Speaker 4: Never I'm going to Vegas, I always tell my boys. Yeah, I'm rolling up with a couple of g's like geez oh geeze like a grand got it? Yeah Jesus, But you ever roll up with a couple of g's typically in Vegas. Yeah, I'll be at G heavy. You'll take two thousand dollars a yeah, for a whole weekend. You'll take you really will take.
Speaker 9: No, No, there's no way Ray with Vaser's money and my like, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like this, Jesus good. I'm not hating on G. I'm just saying you saying you're taking a couple of g's.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 9: It just goes with what I'm saying though, because if I have less than a thousand, it's not a G. But do you ever show up with a couple of literally a couple of g's. I have taken a couple of g's before, do I every time?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: Have you more than one time? No?
Speaker 16: Okay, that's including his fly hotel.
Speaker 4: Okay, so here we go.
Speaker 9: You can vote to Bobbybones dot com. You look at the whole body of work. Don't slick the first round.
Speaker 4: Pick I have cash, cheese and de Niro.
Speaker 9: Amy has cheddar paper, and Benjamin's lunchbox has dough, moolah and bread.
Speaker 4: Eddie has Bucks jingle and.
Speaker 10: Kazash does sound good to get.
Speaker 4: Bucks? Was solid?
Speaker 7: Thank you, But I stopped there. You don't like kazash or jingle?
Speaker 6: No, Raymondo has bag loot and GE's some other ones. Some other ones that I had would have been like Cabbage, I like that.
Speaker 4: Some coin coin. Yeah, Bacon, bring home the bacon.
Speaker 16: Scratch lunches right with the whole bread bread winner.
Speaker 8: You say bread, I.
Speaker 4: Mean all of them are right except for Eddie has ash and jingle like.
Speaker 7: Those are all used too little jingle in my pocket.
Speaker 4: Going stacks, scrilla, Hundi's paper paper, Oh we already do that.
Speaker 7: Somebody picked that, didn't they? Chichen? Anybody do chi.
Speaker 4: Ching sounds you hear when you win money?
Speaker 16: Al Right?
Speaker 6: Go vote to Bobbybones dot com on our dumbest draft yet nicknames for money.
Speaker 4: Good job everybody. Eddie, you played too, no man, I think I bet I win it. You played to Eddie?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Just to give you the latest update, Lunchbox won that draft and ray Mundo is actually sitting out.
Speaker 2: Contrary to what everybody thought would happen.
Speaker 3: Eddie did not lose, so Ramundo sits out next draft and I will be back in now. Lunchbox speaking of him winning the draft, he did some things at.
Speaker 2: iHeart Country Festival that you may or may not be.
Speaker 3: Shocked at at this point, and I happened to be the one that caught him. So without further a too, Lunchbox the swiber Noo swipey and for those who get my Dora the Explorer reference, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Number five.
Speaker 6: On the weekend, we had a country music festival, the iHeart Country Festival. Now all like the secondary juicy stories are coming out. Not so much that Keith Urban was awesome or Jelly Roll was awesome, but I got this one from Morgan. So, Morgan, you where were you whether we're giving away something free?
Speaker 2: We were in the backstage presenter green.
Speaker 4: Room, so I never went in that room. So to explain that room.
Speaker 3: To me, it's basically where everybody was coming back and getting ready and changing clothes. It was just a bunch of different people coming through, like Amy and Eddie and Lunchbox. We were all back there, and then some artists came back there, some actresses before.
Speaker 4: They went on stage to go this next person. They would just come in like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'd hang out, grab a drink and just sit.
Speaker 4: For a little bit. So what were they giving away.
Speaker 3: They were giving away these It's from this company called like Buris Bartesian. I knew I was gonna pronounce that wrong, but they were giving away these big drink robots where they make cocktails for you.
Speaker 4: They were giving me the whole robot the entire robot. So what does one of those things cost?
Speaker 2: Three hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 8: It's like a cure.
Speaker 16: Like imagine putting a pot of coffee in and outcomes of coffee.
Speaker 8: Will you put the alcohol?
Speaker 16: I like, say you want it's got tequila or rum or whatever, and you pick the little margarita things, so you pop it in like you would a coffee. Yeah, and then it mixes up the tequila and pours out the perfect margarita.
Speaker 8: It's crazy, it actually it was actually awesome.
Speaker 4: That sounds like one of the more hiring things I've ever given away at the history at the festival.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they just had these little cards and they had a coach. She was like, go online and just get your free one.
Speaker 2: That it comes to your house.
Speaker 4: So then what happened?
Speaker 3: Well, so she was being kind and giving out these cards.
Speaker 2: What do you what do you think, lunchbox?
Speaker 8: He took more cards, multiple cards.
Speaker 3: He took five cards, not one, not two, not three, five cards.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even have five adults in his way.
Speaker 4: Why would you take five cards? Man?
Speaker 15: That's a good birthday gift, a wedding gift, any gift. I mean, you got a friend that likes cocktails. Guess what they got him a machine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're four hundred bucks here, dude, that's crazy.
Speaker 7: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she take five cards.
Speaker 15: Because she had a stack gum there, and she was like, hey, just be sure to redeem it. Okay, don't worry, I'll make sure those are redeemed.
Speaker 4: Girls, you asked for five cards.
Speaker 11: I just said, hey, can I get some?
Speaker 4: Can I get a sum? You even stumbled through that, Yeah, did you say can I get one? I may have said one, okay.
Speaker 15: And she's like, yeah, go ahead, and the stacks right there. If I'm gonna have free access to the stack, they one two, And.
Speaker 4: She didn't seem to care or did she not see you do it?
Speaker 15: Maybe she didn't see me. But there was still a big stack. There was still plenty of cards there.
Speaker 3: Oh and then he got somebody to come back, one of his friends, and got his friend a free one too, and his probasy was supposed to be back there.
Speaker 8: How'd your friend even get back there?
Speaker 4: So you got like six of these things?
Speaker 11: I only got five, man, he got one.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you got like two thousand dollars in free stuff. Yeah, this one thing.
Speaker 11: I mean, it is awesome, but also it is like they.
Speaker 4: Know, what's he going to do with it. It's not a good look.
Speaker 16: But getting backstage is sort of like Fort Knox. How did he get his friend back there?
Speaker 4: I don't know, didn't see How did you get your friend back there?
Speaker 11: I just brought him back.
Speaker 7: Oh he was the makeup artist. He probably said, this is my makeup artist. Go ahead again.
Speaker 11: I mean the same way Amy got her niece back there.
Speaker 16: I mean that was at the very end of the night, like with like everybody was already gone after the show. It didn't have brought them. I wouldn't have tried to get them in there. It was I was getting my bag out of the green room to go home.
Speaker 4: So so the show was over.
Speaker 8: Show was totally over. There was nobody there, Like, you had a makeup artist.
Speaker 11: No, I didn't have a makeup artist. No, I didn't wear makeup.
Speaker 3: Yeah you had makeup, I moisturizer, No, there's been moisturizer makeup on Nope.
Speaker 7: And he got his hair done too, which is weird.
Speaker 4: Nothing I have to wear stage makeup or all the time for television. But I didn't know. You get your makeup.
Speaker 11: No, there's no makeup, just hair, hair and maybe.
Speaker 4: It's Lunchbox dang dude, maybe he's born with it. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Hey, And as a tip, I gave him one of those machines.
Speaker 4: So you did have a makeup artist, not.
Speaker 11: Makeup, hair, hair and moisturized.
Speaker 4: Boxes bringing his makeup art yea.
Speaker 11: And he did put a bracelet on me.
Speaker 4: And he stole five machines.
Speaker 11: I didn't sid anything.
Speaker 3: I will and they're called Bartesian So just in case anybody else wants want to give him credit, since Lunchbox is stealing, you.
Speaker 7: Take money from him, so I don't know.
Speaker 15: Guys, they're giving them away for free. They want people to redeem.
Speaker 6: Those one person to redeem them so they could pass it out to more people so that each individual persons able to go, oh look what I got and possibly post about it.
Speaker 11: Here's what's crazy is all night.
Speaker 15: I never heard her say, man, I'm out of card, Sorry you can't get us.
Speaker 4: Not the point. The point is that she has enough to go around. The point is she wants to get one to each person that can then post about it, and then she can take those cards to another event and the company isn't losing money.
Speaker 11: These were specific to iHeart.
Speaker 4: That number doesn't have to be.
Speaker 11: Yeah, does it? Says iHeart on the code?
Speaker 2: No, she only had eighteen. She told me, okay, we're talking.
Speaker 4: Code can also be changed, and that can be if there's only a certain amount, that code can be changed to something else. It doesn't matter. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There was only eighteen cards they had him specifically for each person individually.
Speaker 4: There were eighteen total total cards.
Speaker 2: She told me the amount it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna buy them in the butt. Eventually there's no need to.
Speaker 11: As you get one.
Speaker 6: I got one, so she gave me one, and I would like to have had one.
Speaker 4: Did you get one at the house?
Speaker 8: She gave me one. There you go, one one?
Speaker 11: Everybody got one?
Speaker 4: Any one of yours because I don't have one. You don't drink, but we have alcohol at the house. We have a wine like holder.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, it would be cool like if your wife would probably have someone over and be like, hey, you want a cocktail, and they'll think keep it in the closet and go whip it up and they'll think you did it.
Speaker 15: I mean, I can email or see if I can get you all to walk in the closet.
Speaker 16: You can come out with this my next trick made cocktail.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Thomas htt stopped by the studio. Super funny.
Speaker 3: He crashed a few of our segments before his interview was supposed to happen. You're gonna kind of hear that go down. And then he was talking about as a new song he has a new love song out and the time that Riley Green called him out for something he was wearing. And we also talked about something he recently quit doing that he's been doing since he was a teenager.
Speaker 2: Loud stuff. Here's the interview with Thomas Rhett.
Speaker 1: Number four, The Friday Morning Conversation.
Speaker 6: With Thomas Rhett by twenty minutes ago. We were doing a segment here and the door just flies open. What I like is the comfortability.
Speaker 4: I just like I felt like I was home. Absolutely. He just walks in.
Speaker 6: We're in the middle of a segment and so good job everybody here because we didn't stop, and he walks in and goes.
Speaker 4: I'm supposed to be here, and we're like no, the answer is no. And then he walked right back out and went back into the room. It was awesome, and we kept.
Speaker 6: Going with the segment and he was like, all right, called me back in a second.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. You know, I think that's like peeing with the door open one hundred percent just so comfortab, which I do. Yeah, even stuff like that with your wife or your husband, it just happens. It's part of life, and you move on. How y'all do I haven't seen you on forever?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Real good.
Speaker 4: I like that dinner. Like that color of dnim, thanks man. I like shirt like no, I like the dark and blue denim. Oh thanks man, it's very seventies. Do you have do you have it?
Speaker 6: Do you have a whole section of because I have dinim, I don't feel like I pulled in them off for everybody.
Speaker 4: Have a whole section of denim your closet. Yeah, I'm a I'm a Jean guy. I love dinner. Will you go full Canadian tuxedo? Oh? Yeah, you need to match or can you go?
Speaker 17: Not matching dinim is strange? These would be the same color at least.
Speaker 2: Uh, you can go.
Speaker 8: You couldn't wear that.
Speaker 4: We're dark and light. Yeah, see stylist, No, I.
Speaker 8: Was just confirming because I literally wore dark dinner with light dinner the.
Speaker 4: Other I think that works. That works.
Speaker 17: But if it's like two colors of dark denim and one is a little bit lighter, gotcha?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? You almost want to be way different or exactly the same. That's right. Will you wear shoes with different branded socks? Because I will not do that. I can't do that, ad Lock.
Speaker 16: Wait what like if the Nike shoe you have to have Nike socks?
Speaker 4: Oh? I see, say let's check right now what you got? Okay? So these New Balance that are purple, I would not wear a Nike socks. So those are generic socks?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: Gotcha?
Speaker 6: Okay, So unless I'm wearing a New Balance, I can't wear like Adidas with Nike socks.
Speaker 4: Or I'm probably gonna have a car wreck that day. That's weird.
Speaker 9: I don't ever show my socks though I don't either, but asn't matter. It's not for other people, gotcha.
Speaker 4: My superstitions are for me to torture me internally.
Speaker 8: Right, you do you wear ankle socks or socks?
Speaker 4: I've been told by the young kids that ankle socks are out.
Speaker 8: Same Bobby's wife talking to you.
Speaker 17: But then when I go to the gym and I'm wearing high socks. I get looked at kind of strange, like a nineteen.
Speaker 4: Twenties baseball player. There.
Speaker 6: That's right, shoeless Joe, that's Thomas Rhto. We got a bunch of stuff talk about. But today we promoed and we played. But we've been playing it all day and giving lots of love here beautiful as you awesome. So yeah, so what's the deal? Because I have the song and usually I look up the liner notes too. It's written by I don't know what's up with this song?
Speaker 4: Who wrote it? I wrote it. Sometimes I'll be like, hey, you wrote this song, and they're like, no, no, I did it. I did.
Speaker 11: I did.
Speaker 17: The song was actually started though, before I came in on it, my my buddy Julian Benetta, a guy named John Ryan, and a guy named Jay Cash. They played me the course of this tune and we had a writing camp books in Chattanooga about a year ago, and we went and wrote this song and a bunch of other ones. But yeah, those are those those are these dudes?
Speaker 6: Before I play it, I'm gonna get to it in a second. Will you tell me about a writing camp and what happened there.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So I feel like in this A and age, you either write in Nashville like on a day, or you get a couple of days with somebody, or you go on the road like on the bus you bring writers with you on the bus while you're on tour, or a camp. I call it as like picking a destination, bringing writers and basically just going and camping there for like three days, not intense.
Speaker 6: So removing distractions of home pretty much, so you can mostly only focus on the creative. Maybe not just writing, but part of the creative is being with each other.
Speaker 17: Yeah, hanging, you know, having dinner or whatever. But I feel like when I'm away, I feel like that the pressure to like go.
Speaker 4: Home is not there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 17: So like if I write in Nashville, I feel like I gotta feel like I gotta be home by five or or something, which is fine, but if you're really going to kind of get in the zone, I feel like a lot of the magic happens like late in the night, like ten PM and midnight is where some of the good magic happens.
Speaker 6: When I was finishing my second book, I was like, I can't write it home because I have not even the distractions. There's just too many things I need to do here, and if I'm built into this, I'm going to go do them. So I went and got in a different time zone. I went to Ireland. Never been by myself. I go to Ireland and really almost never left the hotel. But the times almost so different. I knew email wouldn't get to me, but there.
Speaker 4: Was no distraction.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and sometimes just the change in scenery can spark, you know, different ideas and different melodic structure in the whole thing. So I mean, even somewhere as close as Chattanooga, you get into the you get into the mountains, and all of a sudden you feel different than being in Nashville.
Speaker 4: So that's why I hold chapter on my books to Irish famine. Oh yeahato, right, all right, No, not at all as the worst trip ever went on and IL only would have been fine, but it's a drinking culture. I don't drink.
Speaker 6: I get there and I also get carsick, and I have a car, and I get on tour bus and go to a castle and I'm sick the whole time you drove over there?
Speaker 4: Uh no, no, I got on tour on a tour bus. I was like, I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 6: So I got on a tour bus, got motion sick on the top of a double decker bus. Got to a castle that was more like one of those tiny houses, a tiny house castle, only.
Speaker 4: It was small. But the only thing about it had.
Speaker 8: That little top that like a Rapunzel thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but everything else was tiny. It was like a smoke stack on one of those tiny sheds.
Speaker 4: Have an evea all ever driven in a different country like on the on the other side of the road. No, I want to do it.
Speaker 17: It's terrifying you did you did drive? I did it once in Italy because you might wanted to do it for the sake of doing it. Well, we were ever heard of Lake Como in Italy? It's like northern Italy. It's like George Clooney lived. I don't know, That's how I would know of it. Yeah, so he's got a house there and it's the craziest place ever. But me and Lauren rented a moped and she's on the back of it and we drove like three hours on the opposite side of the road. And I swear to you, the lanes or at least three feet tinier than our lanes, and the whole way my everything was clinched, so it was terrified.
Speaker 6: It's double the lanes are smaller, and you probably naturally instinctively want to get on the other side.
Speaker 17: Well yeah, and when you get to a roundabout, you're just like, which way do I go?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? And they're all not all but mostly roundabouts over there, like they have a different Yeah, it's insane.
Speaker 1: The Friday morning conversation with Thomas Ratt.
Speaker 4: You on social media now or no? Uh? Half and half? Can you do that? Uh?
Speaker 17: It's probably not the best thing for me in the world, but but I'll get on it every now and then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is your current obsession? Heard obsession? Mine would be memorabilia. I just I got signed helmets everywhere over here, probably putters.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, are you still going? Oh remember when I thought I'm being scammed? Oh yeah, yeah, because it came from your email address to my phone and not a text, and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, oh no, my phone does that? No? No, yeah, and I don't. I can't figure out why it does that. I told him, I was like, come over whenever you want, you can hit I got a later come over whenever it was raining.
Speaker 6: I said, if it's ever bagic and he was like hey. I was like, there's no way this is him. This is some of my email address.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 17: I texted somebody the other day and they ran, yeah, just shoot me your number and we'll get in touch. And I'm like, maybe this person is really old and they don't know that my numbers on the screen and he was like, yea, it came came through your email.
Speaker 6: So we all thought I was being scanned. Yeah, therefore I didn't even respond the whole day.
Speaker 4: Then I'm like, I was like, cool man, Yeah, sorry about that. Appreciate it. So you would say putters because I just love golf.
Speaker 17: I love golf, and I just feel like like I hit like a like a Scottie Cameron putter, and I feel like there's so many kind of like first edition, second edition putters they'll release, and I've just kind of gotten into collecting putters, which is kind of weird.
Speaker 4: You keep you keep them as Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 8: Use much really expensive ones.
Speaker 4: They can be, but mostly it's like the shape of it.
Speaker 17: But like Scotty, Scotty is sort of like historically the most recognized putter maker in the golf industry.
Speaker 4: So he stole it, Georgia. You know it's Tomas. I stole it. Oh yeah, I have it. Have you? Were you ever a dipper? Yeah, big old grizzly winter green dip in my lip. Why don't you start dipping? Man?
Speaker 17: I think it was like probably at football camp. I want to say, like one of the seniors. Actually I know he did. He had a can of skull peach and I was like, I make peach. Oh dude, it's the best. It munds me of something.
Speaker 4: Peach.
Speaker 8: It its the first time you tried it? Did you get So?
Speaker 4: I hated it. I hated I remember.
Speaker 17: I remember I put it in at five o'clock in the morning and then walked onto the practice field. It's one hundred degrees. It's wet on the ground, and I remember I threw up through my.
Speaker 4: Face mask because some of the just yeah, just I mean, if your body has never had that in it, like, it's just like not good.
Speaker 17: And then I feel like I, for some reason, like an idiot, like an idiot sixteen year old kid. I kind of forced myself to like it, and then I quit last June.
Speaker 4: So you you have made I have encouraged me. I haven't done it yet and don't know that I will, but you have encouraged me to think about using the nicotine patches. Yeah, because there's nothing to it. You just take it and you feel good apparently, and there's nothing else going on. I would not encourage you. I would not, but I mean, it's not it's not like there's any tall I thought they used those to quit.
Speaker 17: Well, they they use it to quit, and then you end up getting super hooked on.
Speaker 4: That's that's how the world works. But I mean, like Charles is from Lady A, Yeah, did you get him hooked on? Just the patches?
Speaker 1: He said, why are you looking at me?
Speaker 4: Because I'm going to tell you because after I talked to him about it, I was like, oh, that I could do that because there's nothing else about it. It's sometimes the cheesecake not good, I think.
Speaker 17: I think the biggest issue with it is that it probably elevates your heart rate.
Speaker 4: That's what I want.
Speaker 17: Well, well, then, I mean I'm not saying you should do it, but coffee does the same thing exactly.
Speaker 4: There. We have a lot of stimulants in our life. Amy, he's a stimulant. Yes, but you were telling me about it, and then I'll love where this conversation is out there being like I didn't know he did that. Oh yeah, but they don't they don't know the real coffee.
Speaker 16: Yeah, or they didn't know who did what you said, A bunch of moms out there, like I didn't know he did.
Speaker 4: That since I was like sixteen. Oh yeah, but a lot of people know your accent. Yea. It feels better when you just like mowing the grass like in it's like mowing the grass. I've heard of. Beer is good after a moment, it's exceptional, like after or a beer in the shower. That's nice. I've actually never done that.
Speaker 7: They would try that. You love it.
Speaker 10: You just want a beer, just want to hide anywhere, beer for breakfast, come on.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I saw that video of you, and I think it was during Easter a while back, and I think I know Russell Dickerson's family was out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It looked like two children of each of you were holding hands. Yeah, like your kid, his kid.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean Russell's wife Kaylee was filming my daughter Lynnon and their son Remy holding hands at the East Drag party and I walked by and I was like, what is happening?
Speaker 4: And they fell in love and now you've I mean they're getting married and they've been the schedule to be married. I mean, I wouldn't mind one of my kids married and one of Russell's kids. I love Russell and genetics are pretty good over there are pretty good inside. Uh do you ever do you ever feel like because and I would say it's all true, it's not an image fixed or a gimmick, but like you're like a good dude, clean cut as far as like your lifestyle, your you put your marriage out, your faith. You can't like everything is.
Speaker 6: Life is not all positive, but there's a lot of you put out your lifestyle.
Speaker 4: Sure a lot of people would go, he's a good dude. I wonder if that's real. I will say it's real. Do you ever want to like do something bad just to be like I'll do ten nicotine patches? But I mean, really, do you ever feel like I don't want to be known as a good guy? Or there's a hell to a higher standard, or if you do mess up, people really hold it against you.
Speaker 17: I mean I think it's both right, Like I think since I was like in high school, I feel like I've always been, you know, that that guy that you know, people were like, man.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, tr probably won't do that, or tr probably won't do that.
Speaker 17: And I've definitely had my fair share of screw ups, you know, But I don't know, dude, I think, especially becoming a dad, it's it's been more of a thing of just like that is my responsibility to make sure that they turn out right, you know what I'm saying, or at least my version of right, and so.
Speaker 4: Like I want to turn out right for you, like you said, a good dude, Like.
Speaker 10: I don't put that pressures on me, are you saying, Thomas, maybe like get arrested for some of the I'm.
Speaker 4: I got arrested, I feel like my career would be.
Speaker 7: Over really yeah, but nobody'd be like shop living like.
Speaker 6: Still what I got arrested for, right, yeah, stealing gum. Though we feel bad for him because they'd be like, that's a therapy.
Speaker 4: Thing, Dude's yeah, you need to go to figure.
Speaker 6: But it's like it's true, You're you're genuinely such a good dude that I think at times and I will struggle with it where I'm like I'm in trouble in a while. I don't people to think I'm just this clink, so I'm gonna do something, I would just be like i'd be itching to do something a little edgy.
Speaker 4: Do you ever have you don't feel that.
Speaker 8: You're jones in to get in trouble.
Speaker 4: I'm not even in trouble, but just to prove people to like I'm I'm not perfect. Yeah, yeah, I hate getting in trouble. I hate it. Anxiety.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I guess like even even when I was in like high school, I'm kind of a I'm sort of a I have a rebellious spirit to an extent, Like i'd be the kid that, you know, I had a beard when I was fourteen, and I went to a school where you couldn't have a beard and a your hair, you know, your hair couldn't touch your collar. And I would walk in and they would immediately just hand me a razor.
Speaker 4: When I'd walk into school. Two things, and so I like I kind of embraced that. Let me stop you from the story too. Things are standing out big time. One that that's the most rebellious thing, and the number two had a beard of fourteen, I aren't PITd hair at fourteen, that's crazy. You got a beard, got strong jeans.
Speaker 8: Oh did you say beard?
Speaker 4: Beard?
Speaker 17: He said he had in my school with a beer at fourteen beer there kids that did, but sixteen.
Speaker 4: Riley Green said, you went duck anywhere them wore the wrong clothes. He's the worst. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 17: So apparently in the outdoor world there is like battles of like what camouflage is cool? Right, So there's like mossy Oak, and there's real Tree, and there's there's this new brand called Sitka and I and I walked into the blind in a in a in a Sitka outfit on a hunt where everybody else was wearing real Tree, and they just kept like making fun of me that my camouflage was like not the same, uh style.
Speaker 4: This is the trouble he gets in Oh man, I beard it for rebellious. He wore the wrong camera. If I were a parent and there was one country artist, I want my kids to like listen to mimic. Oh my god, it be you. Well, I don't even know how to respond to.
Speaker 6: Though you're great, you're a great writer, you make great music just generally, but also it's like your good influence.
Speaker 4: You don't even try to be Hey, that's right. Hey, that's all you can say. I don't know what do you mean to say? I don't know. I don't even It's just it's kind of annoying. Well, good for you. Something bad this week? Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 7: Now let's not go.
Speaker 4: Watch out World. All right. I'm gonna steal some gum from a local convenience store and got out with it. Thomas Rhett, thank you for being here.
Speaker 6: The new single we played beautiful as you will play it again coming up in just a little bit. Uh oh, Yeah, I was ask got one other song because you were a writer on Dustin Lynch's Stars like Confetti.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how did that get to him?
Speaker 17: That was one of those songs that I wrote over zoom during COVID really yeah, and I was making a just a completely different project to that time, and I think one of the co writers sent it to Dustin and he loved it.
Speaker 4: So that was that was really cool to have. That was amazing. How often do you have a really good song in your life?
Speaker 6: The timing is so not right for me to keep it, yeah, because you're not in the area even recording.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're like, it's so good, but I just got to give it to somebody. Does that happen a lot? Yeah, it does happen a lot.
Speaker 17: And I think there's a misconception in town of like if an artist sends a song to another artist, I think the artist kind of anately thinks it wasn't good enough for him. But I would like beg to differ that that. That maybe is sometimes the case, but I think for me, it's like, it's more about what is the project I'm making and does that song fit this project?
Speaker 4: If it doesn't, I'd rather find a home somewhere else. So I don't know, man, I just want to I just want to be like, tr.
Speaker 8: Was it hardy the other day? Do you ever have those moments?
Speaker 16: I feel like he was saying that sometimes he'll hear a song or see a video and he'll be like, oh, huh, I don't know they cut that I wrote that song.
Speaker 4: Yeah. There's been a couple.
Speaker 17: Actually, there's been a couple that have come out and I'm like, hey, I recognized that title.
Speaker 4: Did you do a song with Chris Tomlin? I did a couple? Is he the freaking greatest dude ever? It might be like he's better than you think about dudes. He just got jumped.
Speaker 9: He's like that my friend hero, Yeah, salt of the Earth that you just want to be around more, and you don't even feel like he's judging you.
Speaker 4: Even though he he has a microphone right into to Jesus. Yeah.
Speaker 17: I mean I see him at the beach a lot, and he's one of those people and I try to mimic my life after this, but like, he's one of those people that when he asks how you're doing, he actually is asking how you're doing.
Speaker 4: And I know that's kind of a.
Speaker 17: Cliche thing to say, know, really, how are you, but he just kind of invokes that feeling and you kind of feel like you can just say, like, I'm not doing great today because like most people you meet, you're like, how are you?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 4: Pretty good? How you doing?
Speaker 17: And then that's it's like stays at the surface. But Chris is a is a deep well for sure, he's plus.
Speaker 4: So he's one, Tom's Truts two.
Speaker 6: Anybody else we want to put we can think of that's over tr because he was one in my mind until I remember Chris Tomlin, I don't think there's anybody else.
Speaker 4: Over tr it's hard man. Yeah, it's going to sit it too. I think this is what today was going to be about.
Speaker 6: We never know what's going to be about. You walked in here during a segment like fifteen minutes ago.
Speaker 16: So sorry that that was its segment because if they're living, because it would go Jesus.
Speaker 4: Jesus, that's the case. Jesus wins every list. That's right. Good to see Buddy, Good to see you too, Man. Congrats on the song. Thanks Bro.
Speaker 6: I hope it's another massive hit. I feel like it will be. Thanks Man, and there he is our friend Thomas right.
Speaker 4: Everybody number two on the list, A good guy list.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Bobby Bone Cinema Club was back this week.
Speaker 3: We drew a new movie for everybody to watch, not just us, but hopefully you guys do and maybe you'll enjoy him. The last couple of rounds have been a little crazy, but now we have one finally from Scuba Steve. This is the first time one of his movies have been picked, which I'm still bummed because none of my movies have been picked and they've always been great ones.
Speaker 2: This week I put in Ready Player one, but not mine. It's Scuba Steves.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna find out what that movie is and maybe you can watch along with us and also give us your review.
Speaker 4: Number three, Jacob from Texas requested this segment we're about to do.
Speaker 5: He Bobby, My wife Shelley is a huge fan here. Hey.
Speaker 3: I called a few probably two months ago about y'all's movie segment, and y'all finally did it.
Speaker 4: And y'all did the new movie Roman Holiday.
Speaker 5: We watched that and.
Speaker 15: We're just waiting for swinging get a new movie to watch because we struggled to pick a movie, but we love it.
Speaker 4: Thanks, so we're going to keep the segment going. Which, by the way, Bobby Bone Cinema Club, Welcome to the Cinema Club. Everybody, thank you.
Speaker 6: But we all put a movie in the hat, we draw it, we watch it. He was making a joke there because that movie he's talking about, the new movie. Yeah, it was from the nineteen fifties that Eddie made us watch the Roman Holiday or.
Speaker 4: Fine, it's really good.
Speaker 6: It wasn't good, but it was good considering it was made that long ago.
Speaker 4: Audrey Hepper, if you watch it as a new movie, if that was passed as long as a new movie. You hate it? Okay, but it was good for old, old old like a history lesson cinema classic.
Speaker 6: All right, so we've all put movies in the hat. You want to share what the movies are?
Speaker 4: Oh, that'd be great. I want to share what I'm moving. Awesome, Okay, I just dropped the one amy. What movie you put in the hat?
Speaker 8: A good year? What's that with Russell Crowe?
Speaker 4: Did you mean to say Gladiator? Russell Crowe?
Speaker 7: Because that'd be cool?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 16: The Gladiator is awesome, but it is a movie that shows just how diverse of an actor he can be, going from Gladiator to uh he's a like a hedge fun guy that inherits a vineyard and you follow that.
Speaker 4: I love a good vineyard love story. Uh huh, all right, no, good, so good, right, Lunchbox.
Speaker 8: What you put in, Bobby, It'll teach you.
Speaker 6: It gets twenty it's oh my god, it's got twenty six percent of rot tomatoes. Sweet, it's the biggest plant I've ever seen.
Speaker 8: We can't do that, we can that's wrong, that's incorrect.
Speaker 4: Wow, Lunchbox, your movie.
Speaker 15: I got the Barclay Marathons the Race that eats It's young. It's a documentary Get Ready to Have Your Life Changed?
Speaker 4: Is it horror documentary or running documentary?
Speaker 11: Running documentary? Okay, Extreme Race Outdoors.
Speaker 4: Sixty seven percent positive. Although it sounds terrible.
Speaker 11: Eighty five I'm looking at it. It is fantastic.
Speaker 4: Eddie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, from nineteen forty six. It is Key Largo.
Speaker 4: Why do you do this with of these movies?
Speaker 10: Their cinema classics. And this is Humphrey Bogart and Lauren McCall. If you know their story, they like fucking up the story.
Speaker 11: I don't know who they are.
Speaker 7: They got married eventually, but he was married.
Speaker 4: Ninety seven percent positive.
Speaker 8: Let's go because of what who who? Many reviews one to old people.
Speaker 4: Use the internet exactly. Yeah, Okay Morgan, this is.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite movies of all time. It's Ready Player one.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's such a good movie. That's really good. That's a good movie.
Speaker 9: Ray The Wrong Missy Get Ready to Laugh, David Spade, It is hilarious Hawaii.
Speaker 4: You know I'm a tropical guy when it comes to movies.
Speaker 9: The Wrong Missy, I would say one of the best comedies we've had in the last couple of decks thirty two percent positive and rotten raders.
Speaker 10: Ray likes those random Netflix movies that come out with old Comedia.
Speaker 8: Got a higher percentage than mine.
Speaker 10: Ye, hey, and mine might be the highest percentage out of everyone.
Speaker 4: Mine is I was gonna do Back to the Future, but I feel like everybodys already seen that. Yeah I picked that one. No, No, I didn't.
Speaker 6: I ended up picking pop Star Don't Stop Popping. It's so funny and bok. It's one of the on movie I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 6: It's like the made like The Office and a mockumentary, but it's based on like Bieber and boy bands.
Speaker 4: It's so funny.
Speaker 6: So I hope we get that so we can all enjoy it together. We'll do a showing you haven't seen that one man on the show. We'll watch it live.
Speaker 4: Ok are you ready to draw?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 4: There we go, you are.
Speaker 7: That's got to be the one.
Speaker 8: It's a casualty.
Speaker 4: That's a casualty. We'll not be doing this one. What was it?
Speaker 6: The one we're not doing is the Barkley Marathons.
Speaker 7: The race that eats it's young dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, this one we're going to do. Please don't stop.
Speaker 7: You guys don't know how good this is.
Speaker 8: If Bobby, if you, if you watch a good Year, it could change your life.
Speaker 4: I hear you, at you, I'm gonna have watter it up. Thought you haven't even seen it yet. Amy unveiled what movie we're watching? Got it go ahead?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Didn't go ahead?
Speaker 8: The Unusual sub Suspects.
Speaker 4: That Scuba Steve, Oh, that's Scuba. The Usual. That's a fantastic film. I don't make it that we can finally watch them. It's actually good for us.
Speaker 8: Is this from nineteen ninety five?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's got Benisa Toro, it's got Kevin Spacey, Stephen Baldwin.
Speaker 16: I don't want to say I don't watch anything with Kevin Spacey anymore.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Well you have to because this is what we're doing.
Speaker 4: This is that is before all, before it be new. It's exactly yeah, wait, eighty seven percent positive.
Speaker 7: And I think you got to quit it.
Speaker 11: It's fantastic.
Speaker 6: The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Speaker 11: Okay, they're so sick.
Speaker 4: We're now watching The Usual Suspects. Is this gangster? It's a gangster. It's got a I don't want to say anything because it's one of those movies.
Speaker 7: You're gonna watch it.
Speaker 4: At the end, your job will be on the floor. Okay, that's it. You got two weeks, guys.
Speaker 6: Wow, usual, don't watch the unusual, watch the usual suspects. Watching that trailer for the new Twisters movie? Which, Mike, do you say Twister one is your favorite movie of all time?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I've seen it over fifty times. I'm super excited for the new one. Do you learn about anything when you watch something any over fifteen times? Do you ever learn new things?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: It just didn't. It's like my comfort move fifty times.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: They shot this one in Oklahoma, Twisters and Luke Combs on the soundtrack, and he will be in next week to talk about that. I recognized the female from.
Speaker 4: Where the crowdad scene, where the Crawdads scene, Yeah, Daisy Edgar Jones. Glenn Palle's a really good looking guy. Amy. Did you watch the movie with him? Yeah?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's the one on Netflix?
Speaker 11: Anyone but you?
Speaker 8: That's it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What's what's her name of that Sydney Sidney Swing? Do you like that? I did?
Speaker 8: I liked it. It's like a good for your home Netflix rom com.
Speaker 4: Did you think he's super good looking?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, me too. I'm just making sure we had the same taste. He's like really good looking.
Speaker 8: You want to make sure we have the same taste them in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's really looking.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Very He's in that Anthony ramos a Twisters in theaters July nineteenth.
Speaker 4: Will you get like an early version?
Speaker 7: Mike?
Speaker 4: Oh, so, I've been waiting to see this movie. Dang, it does look good.
Speaker 6: At one point, I was watching the trailer where the tornado gets into the like the factory.
Speaker 4: There's it's a fire nato Ooh, come on, is that real?
Speaker 16: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you can't even do that. And then they have like the GoPro inside the truck so you can see all like the motion in the tornado. Yeah, it looks cool anyway.
Speaker 6: I do also want to mention this. If you've got red Cross dot org slash Twisters.
Speaker 4: You can make a minimum donation of ten dollars, but Universal Pictures of partnering with the American Red Cross to help people affected by the disasters as well. So red Cross dot org slash Twisters if you.
Speaker 6: Want to check that out, and we will be checking out the usual suspects, Scuba, Steve, good job. It feels like a movie that right down the middle will just be probably pretty good with no real intention.
Speaker 11: It's my favorite.
Speaker 4: Like Eddie trying to make us watch old movies, yes, and me trying to make us watch love movies. Let's bok something weird and campy.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know what this one is to have enough opinion about that. If I like documentaries, yeah, but geting kids in this one it.
Speaker 7: Says the race that are eating the young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels weird. All right, thank you. The Bobby Bone Cinema Club is back at it.
Speaker 6: You have two weeks from today starting now.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 11: Number two.
Speaker 3: Abby got a huge concert opportunity all from a DM that came through on our Instagram. She saw it, reached back out and now she's making huge amounts of money and it's actually real, actually happening, and all of us are still a little bit mind blown, some more than others.
Speaker 1: Here you go, number two.
Speaker 6: I did want to bring Abby in, who is our phone screener and producer. She does it all around here she's a singer.
Speaker 4: She's you do it. You're just everything, Abby songwriter. Yeah, there she is. What you think about our song earlier?
Speaker 19: I liked it. It was good, especially because he wrote it really fast.
Speaker 4: Thank you. So a long time ago a listener called in.
Speaker 6: We had talked to her because you got a DM and the listener said, hey, Abby, we want you to put together a concert, bring it out to California and we'll pay you money. Yes, And we talked about it on the show, like was it a scam? Then we got the listener on turns out not a scam. So where is the event?
Speaker 4: Is it some racetrack out in northern California?
Speaker 19: Yeah, it isn't. Monterey, California.
Speaker 4: Love Monterey, loved the whole area.
Speaker 19: That's so nice there.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 7: So it's like.
Speaker 4: Like a concert in the middle of the circle.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, because it's like a race the whole weekend. It's a Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey and the whole weekend.
Speaker 4: They reached out to you.
Speaker 19: They messaged me and then from because.
Speaker 4: I just wonder how, I just wonder why questions? Yeah, yeah, maybe they reached out to multiple people on the show.
Speaker 13: They may have I'm the one that like read it and accepted it and responded.
Speaker 4: And what was the question they asked you?
Speaker 13: They said, my mother in law is like the event director at the racetrack and they need someone to headline. And they were like, we think you'd be a great option to host it and then have someone headline.
Speaker 4: And did they give you a dollar amount up front?
Speaker 19: Yes, they have a budget of fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so for both acts.
Speaker 19: Yes, they're both.
Speaker 6: For you to play as like the host and the opener and then but they wanted you to find somebody to also be the headliner.
Speaker 4: Yes, And how did that go? Did you find somebody?
Speaker 19: I actually did?
Speaker 13: It was hard because it's summer and everybody's on festivals and everything.
Speaker 19: But we have somebody a headline.
Speaker 4: So in your heart you have somebody or have you already talked with them? And it's no, it's real.
Speaker 19: It is real, Like they already signed a contract.
Speaker 4: What it's that far?
Speaker 8: So who's divvying out the amount that goes to? Who you are the venue?
Speaker 4: Great question. I got lots of questions before we get to that one. That's a good one.
Speaker 7: Though, this is happening.
Speaker 6: You've committed, You've signed the contract. So you're going to open and host and you have. Did you reach out to the person to get them to headline or did they or.
Speaker 13: I reached out. They just kind of gave me the reins. They were like, you do it, we trust you. Like whatever you.
Speaker 4: And when you told them who it was, were they happy with it?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 19: They were okay because I did that.
Speaker 10: Hey, just to clarify, Abby is the phone screener of our show.
Speaker 4: Abby is more than that.
Speaker 7: No, No, I get it.
Speaker 10: But she's a phone screener and now she's a concert promoter.
Speaker 6: I would say Abby is far more than a phone screener. It's just the easiest way to describe it to our listeners. So I don't want you to minimize her because she does a lot of stuffy Fine.
Speaker 7: She makes copies, Okay, I don't want to sound like.
Speaker 4: Sound like lunch right now. But you've got jealous.
Speaker 7: You're talking about thousands and thousands of dollars and Abby, like, you're not a concert promoter.
Speaker 4: You nobody, nobody is until they do it.
Speaker 7: This is crazy.
Speaker 4: I was at a comedian until I started telling jokes in a theater.
Speaker 7: But you had an oigure shot of being a comedian that I don't think.
Speaker 4: So, okay, okay, hold on, stop the hate. I'm not hating, plugging the hazeyugging the hate. Thank you, Abby.
Speaker 6: So of the fifty thousand dollars, how much did you say you were giving the artist?
Speaker 4: You got to decide, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but I kind of went off because we already had talked about this a little bit, So I kind of went off.
Speaker 19: What you guys thought this? He gets thirty thousand.
Speaker 4: So he gets thirty thousand and you get twenty.
Speaker 8: Yes, this is awesome, bizarre hosting things.
Speaker 16: I would like to say that she right, she has done an event like this similar in Nashville. So on social media people might see like, oh look, Abby, she's hosted this event and she performs. It's like two for one, and she can find us an artist Like I it why they've reached out to you.
Speaker 4: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 8: So's the artist you need to know?
Speaker 4: Hold on, we will, We'll get there because I don't know either, but I want to like build it up. I want to go to lunch blocks. How do you feel that Abby's gonna make twenty thousand dollars? How long are you going to play thirty minutes for thirty minutes and hosting it twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 15: It's insane. It's absolutely this venue is absolutely stupid. I mean they picked the lowest fruit on the tree. Like Eddie said, she makes copies and answers phones and they d m her.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you said, Edie said, shocking. This is shocking, No, it is.
Speaker 7: This is a big leap.
Speaker 11: Like literally, she's done nothing on a scale of host.
Speaker 4: She just did this all. She put it all together.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 11: No, but she has not hosted anything.
Speaker 1: She doesn't she has what.
Speaker 8: She hosted that event here in Nashville.
Speaker 6: Recently, she hosted the Ray Charles the Cabaret Thing Rachel.
Speaker 4: Ray Stevens.
Speaker 15: Stevens, Yeah, okay, I mean I am just I'm dumbfounded.
Speaker 11: I am shocked. I can't believe this is real.
Speaker 15: Uh, this venue should really evaluate who's where they're spending their money and who they're hiring. We don't even know the headlin or what for twenty thousand dollars they could get any I mean they got a greener.
Speaker 4: They chose to come to Abbey. No, they got Abby from the Bobby Bone.
Speaker 8: Show that also sings yes.
Speaker 6: And hosts and talks. We're talking about it right now. Well, we're not gonna pay to talk about it.
Speaker 4: It was a DM.
Speaker 6: There was literally a DM and her crazy So who did you get to headline the show?
Speaker 19: It is George Burge.
Speaker 8: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 4: So that's cool. Good for you. You made it happen.
Speaker 8: So do you have to book all the flight, hotel whatnot? Or is that they so you book it out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Out of your money?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, touring act, it's the guarantee.
Speaker 6: Then you just figured out what to get there, like like George will get thirty thousand and then George has to get a band there.
Speaker 4: It's just here's your money and we'll see you there. So and that's what you'll do as well.
Speaker 19: I feel like I owe you though, like a percentage.
Speaker 15: You do, not wow, because you owe me more than anybody, because I'm the one that.
Speaker 19: Makes you because if it's your show and they wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: Without you, how much are you wanting to give me?
Speaker 1: What's ten percent of what?
Speaker 4: The fifty of mine? Oh? My god, I tell you what. I will refuse it and idea keep it. And I'm proud of you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thank you thanks. I have been doing a lot on the back end. No, no, you know that you.
Speaker 4: Don't do not feel guilty for having success. Do not feel guilty for having success because they're jealous.
Speaker 7: Well, no one said I'm jealous.
Speaker 4: I want the audience to know.
Speaker 10: I want to the audience to know her the step of this, she literally took the giant, most biggest leap I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: That's in the career. And that's okay. And I'm not for you to offer to you you would do it too.
Speaker 7: I will say, I've never been offered that.
Speaker 15: That is crazy right in that shocking that she was offered it about of meybody?
Speaker 11: She gets water for Bobby. I mean, oh my god, that's what she does.
Speaker 4: And when when is the show?
Speaker 19: June twenty second?
Speaker 4: I was coming up, Uh huh yeah, I think they're.
Speaker 19: About to announce it, so are you?
Speaker 16: You know, like some when select artists come in, it's like would you do with your first big paycheck or your first.
Speaker 8: Number one song? Like would you buy yourself?
Speaker 16: What are you gonna get yourself for your first concert promoted promotion gig?
Speaker 19: I don't know, I haven't even thought about it.
Speaker 15: Well, I like it there's gonna be a present that says Abby is coming.
Speaker 13: It says George is the headliner, and then I'm opening it and.
Speaker 11: Noverybody's gonna be like what No.
Speaker 4: The opening act is the Opening Act hosted by from the Bobone Show, Abby and Anderson. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Don't let these guys take you down. You did nothing wrong with you, only you only and George is awesome.
Speaker 4: Is this the start doing on the post show? We'll continue on the post show.
Speaker 11: But I gotta go.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number.
Speaker 3: Two coming in at that number one spot. This week, Bobby and Eddie Ruddy personal song for a listener. So they heard about song Finch, which is this program where anybody can go on and get a fully produced song about their lives, and so Bobby and Eddie were like, we could do that. They did it for a listener who called in and gave some details and it's pretty pretty catchy. I think you guys like this one and we can play it because no copyright yet until maybe this listener copy writes it.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 4: I mean like a C C, gimme a D see Okay, I think We're about ready. G give me ge geez.
Speaker 6: Let's bring on Amy and tallahassee Hi, Amy and tallahassee.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the show. Amy and Tallahassee Hi. Hi.
Speaker 6: So here's the information Amy gave us. She said her husband is Damien, which, by the way, Amy, did you tell Damien you were on the show or did he happen to hear it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 19: I literally takes him until him with Colonel on the radio, and I said, you'll know when you hear it, and he takes mem he but oh god, when did you have time to do this?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: So Damien the husband. Damien's five foot eight, he claims to be taller. He drives an F one fifty with a two inch lift. This is all information she gave us on the air. He's a foreman diesel mechanic. They have three boys. Phenomenal husband. They met when she was eight and he was twelve. They met at a skating rink. He's our soulmate. Both from Florida and lived there. Rumor by Lee Brice is his favorite song. We had trouble singing it last time singing Rumor.
Speaker 8: There's a rumor going around about me and you.
Speaker 4: Got good job. That's really good.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So we thought, can we write this song? And there's this site called song Finch and that's what you do. You go to the site and you plug in some stuff and then they write a song from like a real person about your life and you can give it as a gift or so we wanted to try it.
Speaker 8: And so it's called you maybe you, You, maybe.
Speaker 6: You, maybe you maybe one word you may be the old thing is you maybe so Amy. We're gonna put you on hold, but so turn you can if you're listening live or you're streaming or whatever, listen through that feed. Don't listen through the phone. Okay, okay, and there's like a twenty second delay. That's all fine, So take the phone, stay on, but don't listen through the phone. We'll come back after the song. But I want you to listen through whatever you're listening through. Okay, we have all this information, Eddie. Now, now I gotta try to give me a give me a sea again.
Speaker 4: Here you go, here's a ce.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 7: Well we're gonna start here.
Speaker 4: Gee. Yeah all right.
Speaker 6: So Edding and I have a comedy group called the Raging Idiots, and we tour the country and sometimes we sell tickets. It's mildly entertaining, very strange. And this is us trying to write a song for Amy and Tallahassee. We just hopped in the office Yesterday's when we wrote it for We spent like forty five minutes doing this. This is called ready, I'm ready man, right, It's called you Maybe Let's go.
Speaker 1: It's a world from me.
Speaker 18: I knew the first time that I met you you'd be my soulmate. Kind of creepy because you were twelve and I was only eight. The DJ said, let's couple skate and then he played some TLC. Now you drive all three boys around and you're big, f one point fifty with a two inch lift.
Speaker 12: You may be, you may be, you may be, you may be, you may be.
Speaker 11: You may be.
Speaker 18: Five foot eight to the rest of the world, but you ten feet tall to me.
Speaker 4: Working on trucks makes your hands so gritty. Talahass is our city. You know, you're such a wonderful father. No need to claim that you are taller.
Speaker 12: Everybody knows that you may be, you may be, you may be, you may be, you may be.
Speaker 4: You may be five foot eight to the rest of the world.
Speaker 12: You may be, you may be, you may be, you may be, you may be.
Speaker 6: You may be five foot eight to the rest of the world, but you are ten feet tall to me.
Speaker 4: Damien. In case you didn't know, there's a rumor going around this song's for you.
Speaker 7: Let's go it's from That's awesome.
Speaker 16: Wow, I thought hit it's uh for Damien and Amy?
Speaker 4: Is it? No, that's not what I hit for all of America. It's all America relates to that song.
Speaker 16: No, mostly Damien and Amy and I think it's really special and the end is strong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we didn't write that last.
Speaker 16: Well, you know you did the way you and yeah, that was so clever that you're going around the songs about you and then you're five age of the rose of the world, but you're ten feet tall to me, Like, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you very much. Could we that Amy likes song? Could we be on song finch? They'd be disappointed, I think with our voices, What do you.
Speaker 8: Mean do they do fully fully produced?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we played that, but we just played that live, but we'd produce it if we what's that.
Speaker 7: Word you use? Niche? This is like a niche?
Speaker 4: Is that right? Yeah, that comedy. Comedy comedy we do.
Speaker 6: Okay, right, let's see if she's heard it yet. Amy has a song over where you are.
Speaker 5: I listened to it on both ends.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, give us your thoughts.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 9: It was incredible.
Speaker 5: I cannot agree more with what Amy said to the ending was so strong, and I.
Speaker 16: Love the ten foot tall to me part.
Speaker 6: We thought, you know, we could make a little joke about his high could you said, he acts like he's a little bit taller, But then we could really say, it doesn't matter your height, like you're you're a real hero and you're loved regardless. That was kind of the idea, Amy, did you like the hands so gritty?
Speaker 7: Tallahassee?
Speaker 6: We really tried to find Tallahassee. We were like, we were like, molassy, We're trying to rhyme Tallahassee itself, which is tough. And then we're like, let's just put at the beginning and then we'll do the bridge after the first verse, and we did, Tallahassee is our city?
Speaker 8: You work on diesel? Your hands are so great? Really something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just kind of stuff, and so you know, I'm pretty proud of it.
Speaker 6: Hit us up song, Finch, maybe not, it'll be a lot of work that we just created it. It's a really cool it's a really cool thing they do.
Speaker 8: Well you maybe you may be stuck in my head.
Speaker 7: You may be you, maybe maybe you. Maybe you may be.
Speaker 4: To the rest of the world, but your ten feet me.
Speaker 16: I mean, people could insert their own little things into that, be like plug and play of like you know, like say.
Speaker 4: If you have an example.
Speaker 16: Okay, come on, Bobby, you maybe you, maybe you, Maybe you may be six feet tall to the rest of the world, but your ten feet tall.
Speaker 4: You're just in. You just changed to So it's just always gonna be aout. The joke was like he.
Speaker 8: Job, you're saying you can plug in your height. You're six ft and you want to be six to one.
Speaker 4: No, but I am. But when I wear certain shoes, I'm six one. Driver's lie that says six to one.
Speaker 8: Never wear high your ten feet tall.
Speaker 4: To Caitlin, no I'm not.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, okay, Amy, We're actually gonna email you.
Speaker 4: This will email you the song so you can have the fine. Oh my god, no church you mean no church charge. I'm in the Christmas spirit. No, what you can't charge long fins charges.
Speaker 7: That was the service, guys.
Speaker 8: This was a gift. That was y'all's idea.
Speaker 6: That's a good point there, Toy, got it. Amy, We will email you this right if you'll put her on hold. I hope you enjoyed our little gift to you, and thank you for listening. And I hope you and you and Damien you know, keep it and I hope it's fun for you.
Speaker 4: Guys, we sure well, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: That's it for me on Best Bits, just the bits.
Speaker 3: I hope you check out part one in part three, and if not, go enjoy the rest of your Mother's Day weekend. Be sure to call your mom, see your mom, do something.
Speaker 19: Special for her.
Speaker 3: She deserves it, all right, everybody, I'm checking out, see you next time.
Speaker 1: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms and follow ed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.