Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast. George Noriy with you, Doctor Scott garn with us his book that he wrote with Nicole Bigley, Looking for Angels. Scott, in your opinion, give me a definition of what you think angels might be.
Speaker 3: Well, Angels generally are described as energetic beings. There is some controversy if they have a will of their own, a free will or not, depending on what religious sector and tradition you look at, but they're certainly energetic beings. One thing that I think is missed by a lot of people is that there are different species than humans in a sense. Obviously, they're spiritual and they're not physical all the time. But as far as the religious texts go, and I'm talking to world religions, they all kind of say that the angels will created separate from the universe, you know in the beginning, So they are separate, not they were never incarnated, you know, as people. So they're they're here to serve God, source the universe, and us through our journey.
Speaker 2: I've always wondered if the Biblical story of fallen angels has anything to do with extraterrestrials that kind of presence, and that they somehow got the two a little confused.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, if you look at the apocryphal Old Testament or Hebrew Biblical Book Enoch, I think one and two, there's some pretty wild scenarios there about you know, spirit you know, coming down and interacting with humans and that type of thing. So it does kind of get a little blurry at times. And certainly the uh, the creation of archangel uh, the devil archangel Lucifer, and then his loss to archangel Michael to be cast out of heaven. It could be you know, but it's you know, in my my perspective, it's speculation.
Speaker 2: I have my own angel story, Scott. I'll tell you next hour about that. I've talked about it on the year before. But it's truly unbelievable. And he was putting another book. Uh, it's just something else. But the communications with angels, do we pray to them?
Speaker 3: Well, Uh, if you want to call prayer, you want to call intention, you want to call talking, you want to call feeling. You know, it's uh, it's you know, in my perspective, it doesn't matter. You know, there is some there is some in the in the New Testament, there's some warnings about you shouldn't worship angels and only God. But you know, it's it gets to be in a sense. It doesn't really matter in a sense because all beings, you know, point back to God, you know, source universe, and we're all kind of components of that. So certainly praying to an angel is certainly fine, especially in times of need, and you know that's how we do things. And so the other thing too is that words may you know, it's some many times communication with spirit beings or angels not not always in words. It could be feelings, it could be telepathy in that way, but absolutely, you know, highly recommended.
Speaker 2: When you started writing about angels, did anything happen to you spiritually?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean, you know, my whole world kind of uh expanded in two ways. One is that uh, you know, a year ago, Uh, you know, I would somebody said do you have a spirit team, I would say no. And if they said do you have any psychic senses? I would say no, I don't have a psychic sense and not psychic bone in my body. And that's when when I got together with Nicole to write this book out the you know, she has been running a podcast called a Psychic Story for five years, and I reached out to her, uh to you know, see if she would be interested in being a co author on the book, and then I ended up working with her on the podcast as a writer, co producer and a frequent guest. But through that, you know, year, every week there's a new guest, you know, a medium, of a death duel, a numerologist, and so you know, we get a lot of that in so I kind of thought, Okay, I want to take this a little bit further. And the first kind of big thing for me was we had a guest on talking about spirit animals and then I read something about, you know, if you want a spirit animal, you just asked for it. So one night when I went to bed, I just like, you know, you know, please, you know, let me meet my spirit animal. And the next morning, in my mind's eye, very real, a leopard appeared on my right side and I named her Shira, and she is around me to the day and sometimes if I'm not paying attention, I may kind of reach my hand over. I mean, that's how real it is to me. And then and then also, and I didn't even ask for this, but I had a very dear and an important person in my life growing up. He was a teacher, a graphic arts teacher, photography teacher, as my wrestling coach, and he took a bunch of us on bike rides in the summers, and he my father certainly is the most important person in my life and now in my life. But Bob was a teacher at heart, and that's what I craved, and so I got very involved in him. He passed in twenty fifteen from mesothelioma. And one day I was just driving on the road and there was a restaurant near my house where he went one day, you know, ten fifteen years ago, And I said to him when he said, oh, I was up by, I was up your way. You went to this restaurant, I'm like, why why didn't you tell me? Why don't you call it? Blah blah blah. So, you know, three months ago, I'm driving by there a restaurant, and I hear in his voice, I was there, I told you, And then I kind of like went with it. I've kind of, you know, felt like, well, maybe that was something that he would have said, but no, it was a current statement in the situation I was in.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly you heard it as if you were sitting in the car way.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely absolutely, and so I just you know, I put the intention out please, you know, help me to connect more with Bob. And he's kind of been a regular part of my life ever since then.
Speaker 2: And he was very influential when you were a kid.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, absolutely stayed.
Speaker 2: In touch with him. That's interesting and admirable as well. A lot of teachers just move on, Scott.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Now you don't, don't You don't write about demons in your book Home.
Speaker 3: No, well, I thought about that for a long time, and you know, and uh, and then I decided against it because it would certainly, you know, double double the length of the book. And then this the other part was that you know, gets into you know, a dark area. Uh, certainly. And then and then I was talking to Nicole at one point, I'm like, we just decided let's let let's just keep with the good guys on this and we want to we want to have hope, We want to help people connect with their angels or you know, for their own benefit and getting closer to God and their spiritual journey. And it's certainly out there, you know, and they can you know, there's resources out there, but but we decided to stay away from that. Uh. A funny thing happened. I was in Villanova, which is a large Catholic university, and doing some research. Yeah, and and they pointed me to a one of their you know when they have several libraries. I was in a basement, like three levels down basement, looking up like some of that angels and archangels and stuff of history. And uh, you know when you walk down there, you walk in and the lights pop on and then I'm reading and I'm reading and I start reading about this one demon and it was kind of fascinating story. And then all of a sudden the lights went out, like and that was like because I was three levels down in a basement. It was black, and I'm like, oh, no, like, this is it, this is it. It's parted greeting. But I waved my hand and the lights went back on. But but in general, we wanted to stick with the good guys. Provide a book to learn, uh, to you know, grow to learn to love, to learn to connect with our spiritual.
Speaker 2: Team if you happen to in the eastern Pennsylvania area. On Sunday, June ninth, Scott is going to have a book signing for his book Looking for Angels. Scott, want to tell us a little bit more about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna be at Barnes and Noble. It's based on the corner of It's in Eastern Pennsylvania, and we were taking I was talking with the community coordinator there and we set it up where every hour it's going to be from eleven to two Barnes and Noble, Eastern Eastern Pennsylvania, and every hour I'm going to have a brief discussion on why angels Why now, you know, talking about different trends, why why. I think a book like this and other resources that helps people connect with their spirit team is important now in the world and in our country.
Speaker 2: It's a very comprehensive book that you two wrote.
Speaker 3: Yes, we wanted to be We wanted it to be a guide for all wherever a person is in their journey. I mean a lot of my friends are engineers and very analytical background and they want to start at zero. You know, Okay, what does the Bible say? What does the biblical traditions say? And then I have a chapter in there about what does science have to say about angels? What does psychology have to say? And then getting into modern day angels, and then we have resources and meditations. So it's really meant to be a guidebook. It's not a novel in that sense. But you can kind of go back, and people have told us this since it's been released, that they go back. Sometimes they want to zero in on archangels. Sometimes they want to look at what science says. So but yeah, thank you. It is comprehensive and it's meant to be a guide to refer to time and time again.
Speaker 2: My first exposure to angels was when my mother sat me down around Chriss when I was a little boy to watch the movie with her. It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And I will.
Speaker 2: Never ever forget that movie. I still try to watch it every year. I've got it on DVD. And you know, it had to do with Clarence the angel who saved Jimmy Stewart's life, who was contemplating suicide because of some bank failure, and you know, people were blaming him for it. It wasn't his fault, but he was so depressed he was ready to jump into the river in Bedford Falls and kill himself. Well, the angels from above had a little meeting and they decided to send Clarence down to save Jimmy. And they basically told Clarence, you pull this off, you get your wings. And Clarence ended up in the water of the river looking like he was drowning, and Jimmy Stewart jumped in the water rather than to kill himself to save Clarence pulled them out, and then the movie became the movie. And yeah, I'll never forget that angel angelic experience.
Speaker 3: And that's what a big point of ours that we want to make is that anyone can get to that level where angelic and your spirit team involvement is as detailed and as impactful as that, like now in your life. It's not a movie. You know, it's real and it can happen. And we've got in our book we have seventeen angel stories about different scenarios very similar to that modern day people doing going around doing things, getting into trouble or needing to learn something, and it's a spirit led kind of journey of healing for them.
Speaker 2: Tell us another one of your favorite angel stories. You've got two minutes to do it, okay.
Speaker 3: So the one I the one of the ones I picked was an Angel Runner, and that's the title. And it was about a woman who was about ready to get divorced and she was very angry at her husband. But every day she would go out for a run. And so she was running one day and she was just, you know, just going over and over her mind in her mind how she hated her husband and he did this, and he did that, and all the things that got her angry. And so she was moving going along and then all of a sudden, images of all the things that she had done wrong in the relationship appeared in her mind, so igh, you know, just flashes of scenarios, and it got her very upset, and so she kind of was praying about it, and she got the feeling like, well, you know, God forgives me on these about these things, so you know, I'm okay. Then she met a man running, and she didn't usually run with someone, but this man ran with her for a while. They got the talking, and then before they parted ways, he said, well, you know, thanks. You know, hopefully we'll meet again. And he says, oh, one more thing. God wants you to try forgiveness. And she said what And he said, God wants you to try forgiveness just like God has forgiven you. And so that you know the same type of story, he was a al Yes, she said, I didn't even look back because I knew he wouldn't be there. But that's the type of involvement that is available to us now.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more