Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hurts, He's back, purchase plenty of time, He's looking, he fights, He completed tout, Hurts back looking, he is going deep and it is hot.
Speaker 3: Cuts down.
Speaker 4: The fun times plus forty six yard the Slim Report. It's us, the Philadelphia Eagles of one Super Bowl fifty nine.
Speaker 5: They have peaked.
Speaker 4: The Kansas City keeps twenty to twenty two. It's been a second Super Bowl play in seven years. What a game, what a season, What a team, the greatest Eagles team in modern history.
Speaker 6: Eagles fans siglets and we choice good football.
Speaker 7: The sweet sweet dulcet sounds of merrill reach from ninety four WIP for the Philadelphia Eagles, calling it another Super Bowl, telling everybody to savor it and rejoice.
Speaker 3: Savor it and rejoice.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 7: Welcome inside, Good Morning Football, Live in LA in New York, no more New Orleans wampwomp. Here we are back in the studio. It's Tuesday, February eleventh. I'm Jamie Ertall. Here's omar Rowise, Peter Schregger, Kyle Brand, Akbar's Homesick another wamp womp. Feel better, buddy, We appreciate you, New York. How's everybody doing, Kyle, what's with the eyes already this morning?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe we're all back where we are. The wampwamp should be played by a trombone shorty who is all over the place in New Orleans. And the biggest swampwomp, of course, went to the defending Super Bowl champions. Ohann't, Peter, We're gonna talk about that today, aren't we.
Speaker 5: I'm tried to. I was talking with my wife when we got back.
Speaker 8: I kind of feel like someone who just finished a marathon and explain this. Obviously, everyone calls it a marathon, and allmore, I think you can appreciate this. It was so good, so exhilarating, so fun. And then you wake up Tuesday morning and the alarm goes off and you go to our and no one cares on the street that you just had the most amazing weekend and it's an incredible environment. But then the world goes on and the Combine is just two weeks away, and the NFL cycle turned so Jamie, I feel like we just ran a marathon. We got the metal on Sunday, and then here we are Tuesday, We're back on the air and let's go to work.
Speaker 3: I had an awesome week.
Speaker 7: I had been to Super Bowls before, but I had never really done it in the capacity of going to honors and going to some events that we're going to tell stories this next couple hours on GMFB about our experiences in New Orleans. And the ultimate lift us up and help us out goes to Omar Ruiz, who walked in here this morning and was like, Oh, I'm doing more than the news reports. Yeah, so Omar, you are sitting here, you are participating fully.
Speaker 3: Omar, help us out here today.
Speaker 9: Well well rested, Peter, I can't appreciate what you said. In years past, I've worked something like thirty five days in a row into the postseason, into Super Bowl and then you come down after super Bowl Week and it is just pure exhaustion. And then, like Peter, it never ends. The NFL calendar. We're talking about the combine in a couple of weeks. It's time to gear up, everybody.
Speaker 5: Let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I have a very distinct memory of reminding everyone at the holiday breakout, your kids are going to be home for the next eleven days, and Kyle actively shuddered. I just shuddered when when Peter said, combine, my God, like Indianapolis Peters, what we got.
Speaker 5: To find the next Jaylex Hunt, we got to know it. That's and then its own, and then it's prize, and then.
Speaker 9: It's the drag I got, it's OTAs, and.
Speaker 5: Then it's Minimhore, and then it's vacation.
Speaker 7: I rarely just confirmed with you that it's a Tuesday. Here we go, it's a lead blog. It's happening right now in GMMFP. Let's rock and roll now, more than twenty four hours removed from the sweet sprinkling of the confetti falling from the sky in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: It fell upon the heads of the Eagles.
Speaker 7: And we knew this kind of early on that they were loading the cannons with the green and the white and the black confetti, because that's just how this team went in Super Bowl fifty nine. Peter, when you look back, you were on the plane, you were in the airport for quite some time yesterday. What is the legacy of Super Bowl fifty nine that you would like to put forth into the universe.
Speaker 5: Absolute destruction. That's what I think.
Speaker 8: Of just outmanning, physical bullying of.
Speaker 5: What was considered one of the greatest teams of.
Speaker 8: All time and still will have that Moniker and team of their generation.
Speaker 5: But gosh, what the.
Speaker 8: Eagles did to the Chiefs was something that I don't think any of us expected, not that they wouldn't win the Super Bowl, now that they wouldn't win a blow. They beat the snot out of them and did so from the inside out. I just feel like this was a physical destruction of a team that we had put up on a pedestal for so many years. You have to think about how long the Chiefs had been on that perch. Obviously, they've won two Super Bowls in a row, but they were that team go get to the Tampa Super Bowl. Also, they were the team that was supposed to win when Burrow and the Bengals.
Speaker 5: They have been that team.
Speaker 8: And the way that they were just beaten up on Sunday night, it felt like it was just a complete dismantling of something that we didn't think could possibly ever.
Speaker 5: Be dismantled that way. But it wasn't just on Sunday.
Speaker 8: When I think of this Eagles team, I'm gonna think of them in a like fourteen day span, because what they did to the Commanders was truly a warning shot.
Speaker 5: To everyone around the league of like what could come.
Speaker 8: They had seven rushing touchdowns in the NFC Championship game. They put up fifty five points in the NFC Championship Game. When you think about how they started that game first carry Saquon with that touchdown, and they went on to score six more on the ground, and then cap it off with what they did on Sunday where they put up thirty four unanswered points to start the game. You talk about one of the most dominant two week stretches from conference championship to Super Bowl that.
Speaker 5: This league has ever seen. What a scary group of individuals.
Speaker 8: They finished a season winning sixteen of seventeen games, and they absolutely blew out the second best team in the NFC and the second best team in the NFL en route to hoisting their second Lombardi Trophy in five years. Congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles. An unbelievable team and unbelievable run, and the legacy is complete.
Speaker 5: Destruction.
Speaker 1: Got a little dice at the end of that RAMS game, though didn't got close again. What would have become of that Rams team will never know, but they didn't make plays at the end. That was a crazy one. I tried to describe to you guys yesterday that at halftime of the Super Bowl in the Superdome, I was with people who don't digest football all the time, and I was so helpless trying to convince them how ridiculous this final the score was happening.
Speaker 5: Twenty four to ninen.
Speaker 1: I felt helpless. I kept saying, you guys, realized this is nuts. I didn't feel that helpless till twenty four hours later on Sunday, when I was standing in the New Orleans Airport in line for the on Monday for the Chick fil A, standing in there like I've never felt more like a pathetic lab rat. And every flight delayed yesterday, every single flight delayed. And there should be a documentary about the airports the mondays after Super Bowls, because there's still too like bands in different colors, and because all those fans who go to the game.
Speaker 5: They bring their clothes in their jerseys.
Speaker 1: So these Eagles fans who are screaming out and the Chiefs fans were just so miserable and so shell shocked.
Speaker 5: And then us in the middle of it.
Speaker 1: There's like a twenty five minute line to get your order in and then a forty minutes just to hear your name called. It was I felt so pathetic yesterday, But I wonder how the Chiefs might have felt in the middle of this game.
Speaker 5: Shocked, shell shocked. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I'm now just coming to terms with what happened in that first half and take away of that suit both for me, what happened in the first half. First of all, some facts here with this in proper context. This Super Bowl was the fourth quarterback rematch ever in a Super Bowl. The previous winner had won all three before this, not this one.
Speaker 5: It was the fifth head coaching rematch in Super history.
Speaker 1: The previous winner had won all four before this, not this one.
Speaker 5: And so you think that's how it's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Not only did Sirianni and Hurtz win, we get in the super Dome. It's a beautiful atmosphere. John Bautiste does this national anthem. He's not a piano, it's a jazz infused thing. There's a flyover. Even though there's a dome, you can't see the plans, you can still hear them.
Speaker 5: Was really cool.
Speaker 1: And then the Chiefs come out and have twenty three yards in the first half against this Eagles defense that did not blitz a single time the entire game. I'm gonna do the drive chart, guys, Oh Chiefs, back to.
Speaker 5: Back world champions.
Speaker 1: In the first half, four plays and punt, three and out, three and out, pick six, three and out interception on the first play of the drive.
Speaker 5: Three and out. Wow, that's it. That's the first half.
Speaker 1: They are the first Super Bowl team in history to not cross the fifty yard.
Speaker 5: Line in the first half. And guys, you know what.
Speaker 1: Their first down, they had one first down on the first half in the first play of the game for them, was an eleven yard past the juju remember it over the mid only it took a big hit. That is the lowest number of first downs in the first half for.
Speaker 5: Any team in the league this year.
Speaker 1: The Titans, the Raiders, the Giants, the Browns.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: They also started the second half with a five plays and out in the punt and then it turnover on downs, an absolute annihilation. It leads to twenty four to nothing and then you get to the finally, the DeVante smithbomb and the game is completely over.
Speaker 5: You weren't even doing.
Speaker 1: That, like well if they score quickly in the two point the on side, it was just destruction, destruction, destruction, And then you come to find out they did not blitz a single time. It was all only the front four rushing for Philadelphia, just beating up that line, having Mahomes running around like he was rattled and I'm not going to say scared, but certainly not himself.
Speaker 5: We've never seen him like that.
Speaker 1: The second half there was there was garbage points, and there's back and forth. The legacy of that game is the first half that was twenty four to nothing and the Chiefs did nothing.
Speaker 5: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: At the halftime trying to convince the people, and at Chick fil A in the next day, trying to get past the people. I'm still miserable about that, and Chiefs fans, I don't know how you're standing today.
Speaker 5: That is miserable.
Speaker 9: When you're at the airport with the masses and the lines are long and you still have that flight to get all the way home and you're exhausted and you're tired.
Speaker 3: Can I add I don't? Can I add to this?
Speaker 7: So, like Kyle gives off a certain air or two, like, especially after like a Super Bowl weekend, of like don't don't don't make him wait in that line. He doesn't want to wait for his food. He doesn't want to be culverrint was I was. I left the airport before the branch, before the branch yesterday and I'm pulling up to the airport like it is a disaster at the airport. So I had a very real conversation with myself. This is so in the weeds on GMTB, where I'm like, I don't really want to bother Kyle anymore than that's already been done on the last perday, Like I feel compelled to tell him that he needs to get to the airport early because it's a disaster. So really, Kyle, I did text you and like, don't think I didn't hover over that send button for like several minutes.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know if I should do this.
Speaker 9: Like do you wear that you with sunglasses on at the airport to be bothered?
Speaker 5: Were you not? It was none of that nonsense, How dare you?
Speaker 1: There was a popular take yesterday Prisoner of the Moment that New Orleans is the best Super Bowl City. It's amazing, and I was agreeing with it because I like the walking. I don't know if the airport is necessarily the best Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Airport all right now. But it's not a really large city.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about New York or Dallas or something. It is kind of a mid level city size wise. So it was like a nightclub that was a capacity yesterday and when I showed up, They're like, right over there, buddy, just like usual.
Speaker 5: What do you think, omar Well.
Speaker 9: I like how you guys brought up some historical perspective from this Super Bowl and the legacy.
Speaker 5: Peter talking about the.
Speaker 9: Domination the annihilation reminded me when we were kids when the NFC won every year, and several of those games were blowouts to eighty five Bears.
Speaker 5: Dominating the Patriots.
Speaker 9: You had Doug Williams and Washington team thrashing the Denver Broncos. You had the forty nine Ers fifty five to ten a few years later over the Broncos. Reminded me of those Super Bowls. And then Kyle, you talked about the domination of that front four for the Philadelphia Eagles, relentlessly chasing Patrick Mahomes reminded me of that Front four of the New York Giants when they beat Tom Brady and New England Patriots. And for the Philadelphia Eagles then to dominate the way they did and disrupt the dynasty that is the Kansas City Chiefs here and beat Patrick Mahomes, the greatest quarterback of this generation the way they did eight years ago. And they beat Tom Brady and the New England Patriots and Super Bowl fifty two the greatest quarterback of that generation. I think when you talk about the legacy here, how about a shout out to Howie Roseman, because you talk about different head coaches, you talk about different quarterbacks, but still a dominating effort by these Philadelphia Eagles. And now to have three Super Bowl appearances here, there's how we in the last eight years, two of them super Bowl titles with the exception of two players Lane Johnson and Brandon Graham, and of course Jake Elliott as well, but a completely turned over roster. And like I said, the head coach and the quarterback are different, but the common denominator there, Howie Roseman, I think, further cements his legacy as one of the great team builders of all time. One of the greatest general managers now in all time. I think we can start having that conversation as well.
Speaker 7: Hey, he's a made man, especially when he gets the slow mo treatment, and like, no one has looked cooler than Howie Rose in the Great End video.
Speaker 3: In the Shades, he looks great.
Speaker 7: Mine is more of a big picture and how we navigate this like an NFL media and just that can can we just try our very best to stop writing people's stories as they are currently happening to them, Like you need a guy needs to be done playing, done coaching before. I feel like we should give it a proper look back and assess and evaluate and maybe rank what happened in his career and how it applies. That being said, people were done with Jalen Hurts. People were beside themselves when he got paid. People were thinking Vic Fangio never could accomplish a defensive effort the way he did this season. And Nick Siriani we did an entire seven minute segment last week leading up to like this is what happened in the middle of season, and people wanted to fire him. All that being said too, Patrick Mahomes and people now are talking about Yeah, he's won a lot of Super Bowls, but can we just cool it on, like the this is what this exactly means for this guy's career, because the legacy is just a good refresher that their story still has to be written and until it's complete, let's just enjoy it happening at the time.
Speaker 3: And of course when the show was going on in.
Speaker 7: May, we will be doing legacy talk for Jalen Hurts that I will hate my words, but it's just a good reminder on GMF ME.
Speaker 8: All right, it's a Tuesday morning. We keep it going even after the Super Bowl. It's a segment we call wien Er we out. Here's how works. I'm going to say a statement and my coach, they're gonna tell me whether we are in with the statement or we are out with the statement. First off, stay here locally in New York. We're going to talk about a team other than the Chiefs and Eagles for the first time in three weeks.
Speaker 5: The Jets.
Speaker 8: Because Jay Glazer from Fox Sports came out with a big scoop on Sunday and Jay said that the Jets and Rogers are likely done.
Speaker 5: That Rogers flew to New Jersey and.
Speaker 8: The Jets notified him that that relationship is likely coming to an end.
Speaker 5: Here is the statement.
Speaker 8: The Jets, with their new brass new coach and new GM and new offensive coordinator are better off without Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: Are we in or we out? Jamie Erdall, oh.
Speaker 3: Man, right, Jamie Erdall right away?
Speaker 7: Better off without stick I gotta stick by this on the two days after the Super Bowl is done, I think so. And that has something to do with Rogers or how he's playing, And it sounds like he might want to run it back one more year. And I wouldn't put it past him either for trying. But if you're going to start this thing and you're going to go in the direction of Aaron Glenn and you have to make all these changes, I think it needs to also exist at quarterback. I just the identity of that man and what he brings to the table doesn't really line up with a Jets team that probably needs to be younger, that needs to invest from the ground up and go with their draft picks and really start building the way the teams like the Eagles of the Chiefs Bill, which is like.
Speaker 3: In the line and all that. Jets.
Speaker 7: So Aaron Rodgers is awesome. I think he's I still find him really interesting. I think it'd be cool if he played for another team, and I welcome the circus that comes with that. But I do think that I am in on the fact that it's better off for the Jets.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's certainly fun.
Speaker 9: It's something we can talk about with Aaron Rodgers in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Want to see him remain in the league.
Speaker 9: But I think the Jets fly to Costa Rica and get one of those big cleanses Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: Is certainly familiar with.
Speaker 9: I think when Woody Johnson and Aaron Rodgers had these discussions, he's talking about, I feel so much better after I cleanse myself. I think that's what the Jets have done. Darren Mougy and Aaron Glenn, they've cleansed themselves and they're completely moving on. And like Jamie mentioned, you have to do that at quarterback as well. And I think we all were all in all the entire NFL, the entire media circus. We were all in hard knocks two years ago, and then he gets hurt four snaps in and I think we were still in going into last year. They still had a tenacious defense, they won seven games despite not having solid quarterback play in that twenty two season. So there was so much hope going in or in twenty three, and so much hope going into twenty four, and it still didn't work. It just did not work. And obviously they fired Robert Sala, didn't work with Jeff Ulbrick at the interim, and they never really got it together. So I don't know what would be different now now that they changed general manager, now that they changed.
Speaker 5: Offensive coordinator, head coach.
Speaker 9: I think they have to completely move on quarterback included, and that means Aaron Rodgers era over in New.
Speaker 3: York Ery, Kyle, do the work.
Speaker 5: Did you see the New York Post headline yesterday? It was really good?
Speaker 1: They said biolasca, it's a bye oluasca.
Speaker 5: They just go right into the draft folder. They pull that out where it's been for two years. Really interested in how this went down.
Speaker 1: So he flies ostensibly from la where he lives, to New Jersey for them to be like, now we're over, like this couldn't have been handled in a zoom or a phone call.
Speaker 5: Was he maybe surprised like that? That's not fun at all? The fly across the car jam sure he doesn't have on some area.
Speaker 1: Maybe he has some loose ends, or maybe he has to close out his rental in New Jersey. But I wonder if he was surprised by that. I am not surprised that the Jets are moving on, and so are they better off with him?
Speaker 5: I have to make it a sweep. I think yes. I would love to say, listen, he's Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: He's going to be way better than whatever rookie you bring in or rehash or anything like that. It's just the way that, by really even no fault of his own, at this point, he just dominates. He dominates and consumes everything he's in. He's way too famous, way too experience. Every piece of media coverages about him, every question is about him. It's just if you really do want to exercise demons and really fresh start, it's not just this quarterback who's hanging around. Who is Derek Carr or somebody like it is Aaron Rodgers. He is a massive figure that, even if he plays well healthy, has a great attitude as a great teammate, by no fault of his own, he consumes everything. So if you're gonna tell the fans about a fresh start.
Speaker 5: I think you do have to.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the fans, I know many Jets fans. I don't see any of them crying about this. I don't see him a whole lot we want. I think they're ready to So I've said this many times, Peter, I don't think Aaron Rodgers is going to move on. I don't think this thing with the Steelers or anybody else. I think he's played his last down. I think he's played twenty years. It ended in a way it ended, But I'm ready for him to be done. I think maybe he's ready to be done. And in this case, I agree with the Jets.
Speaker 5: Ready to be done. Yeah, I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 8: And we're going to break it down over the next several weeks because there's talk of the Raiders, there's talk of the Steelers. If the Rams were to move on from Stafford, is it not a perfect place for.
Speaker 5: Him to slide in there and play with the Rams.
Speaker 8: There's gonna be all those talks naturally for the combine. I'm with you, though, on how this was handled. Now, from what I gather from Glazier's reporting, Rogers took it upon himself to fly out and be like, I want to meet these guys, like before they make ancion want to meet these guys. I like it, And there wasn't much of a conversation to be had and it was basically like, no, we're actually already decided we're moving on. And that was part of the whole interview process with these coaches and gms that like, what's your plan?
Speaker 5: Okay, we're moving on.
Speaker 8: Be careful how you handle a veteran though, because Rogers has a choke hold over those younger players in the locker room. He is a beloved player in that locker room. You've already seen Quinn Williams kind of go dark on social media. You've seen some other things come out. Sauce Gardner was asked questions this weekend while he was at Super Bowl festivities. That is a young, impressionable roster, and you got to be careful with how you treat your veteran players, especially a guy who is as loved and respected as Aaron Rodgers. That to me is going to be interesting as Aaron Glenn starts to get to know these guys, how'd you treat my guy Rogers?
Speaker 5: Now? Does that matter in the grand scheme? Probably?
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 8: If you're talking about first impressions and getting off on a good foot, I would make sure that you end that and tie that loose end up pretty good, because we're Drew. Still's a relationship with a lot of those people in the building. All right, Next one, Okay, talk a lot about the Eagles, and we've talked a lot about the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: But in garbage time, long after we've already talked about the dagger.
Speaker 8: Being put into the Chiefs soul of winning this three peat, which never happened, Mahomes just goes back and Revs went up and watch this play one more time in garbage time of Super Bowl in six fifty nine.
Speaker 4: Home stays in a cornerback and he's going to go throw a long middle trying to outrun the defense.
Speaker 1: And making the catch touchdown e saving a worthy against double coverage. An incredible throw by Mahomes and as equally incredible run and catch of fifty yards.
Speaker 8: All right, the play meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Speaker 5: If anything, it.
Speaker 8: Just padded Mahomes' stats a little bit, made it look less brutal than it was. But we're on our show and NFL Network, and we do like to give love to all the great play.
Speaker 5: I love this topic. Creater weird we out.
Speaker 8: Mahomes is fourth quarter fifty yard dot to Worthy deserves at least a little love this week, Jamie, we do we out.
Speaker 7: There is no segment that I want to go first in less than this one right now. Peter, he is an incredible quarterback. He does amazing things. The Eagles beat the Chiefs in the super Bowl, we are going to see that. We've seen passes like this from Mahomes. We're going to see it again from Mahomes. That's probably going to be in the super Bowl. So no, I think we're I don't think we need to give it love.
Speaker 3: I think we got to give the Eagles love.
Speaker 5: Omar, Yeah, I'm out down.
Speaker 9: Holmes one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, first quarterback to go into a game trying to three Pete. His legacy, his play is evaluated by how many Super Bowl wins, not how many how pretty his passes are. I will say though I was in the end zone. It took my oldest daughter to the Chiefs Chargers game here stadium, and he had a similar pass to Xavier Worthy in that game. There is nothing prettier than seeing Patrick Mahomes unload to Xavier Worthy downfield.
Speaker 5: It is beautiful. But I'm out on this topic. But it doesn't need any more love.
Speaker 1: I'm weighing on this, all right. So this is an incredible thing. So they're down forty to fourteen. He comes out. It's one play drive. Just the first snap he comes in chucks it almost sidearm as the ball is still in the air. He starts walking like he's just like whatever, it's about seventy yards in.
Speaker 5: The air, and like, we have not seen this from Mahomes in a long time.
Speaker 1: This is Tyreek stuff right here, and it was just beautifully esthetically to watch. Also, right after this, they get the two point to DeAndre and I have a liar, guys, I cannot sit here on television and tell you that I didn't start doing the math forty twenty. I'm all right, Oh, so one play drive got eight points, but we'll get the downside kick and then you'll do another eight points and then it was nonsense, of course, but we haven't seen this in forever. I thought it was incredible. I loved watching it. And yet, like I do have like an exhibit B in this and that. Omar said, like, there's nothing prettier than the month. I got something prettier. Roll what's prettier than mahomes the worthy? Tell me what's nice? Give me the video?
Speaker 5: Roll the video.
Speaker 1: Well you heard it here hearts was beautiful boom and it mattered, and it was on the right side, and the coverage was perfect and the throw was better. Peter, I got a huge charge out of that home throw.
Speaker 5: I'm not kidding. I love the topic because I did. And that's like if you just love ball and you have no horse than the race, like Dan, that's a nice throw.
Speaker 1: I know they're getting the ras kick out a nice throw, but the Hurts one was incredible.
Speaker 5: That's my answer. So good.
Speaker 8: It's funny because if you want to break the mold here for the producers, we give what elements we want, which means what kind of video you want, if there's a stat you want, and the producers work on it. This morning I texted the producers. I said, you know, it'd be a great way for me to finish it.
Speaker 5: Let me show the Hurts of Smith. I went there, I had it on it.
Speaker 8: However, I do want to show some of my other one there could be a nice thirty minute NFL Plus app something, maybe even a YouTube video of just sick Mahomes passes and Super Bowl losses.
Speaker 5: Do you have some of the bucking years? He was unbelievable in some of those ones. If we have any of.
Speaker 8: The footage Mahomes running around like a chicken with his head cut off, throwing off his back foot and throwing it.
Speaker 5: No one worked last night on the show, so we don't have any of it.
Speaker 9: Roll it against the Buccaneers and I think Tyreek Hill dropped it in the end zone.
Speaker 5: Lay, you can't make it up. We got to show up to work on Tuesday morning. But everyone else.
Speaker 8: Last night said, now we're good, so let us talk about these plays.
Speaker 5: When we asked for these, it was quite.
Speaker 7: The memory of Peter, and I think that's a great idea if you could like dial it up on NFL Plus or have.
Speaker 3: Nope, we're good, okay, GM.
Speaker 5: Get the hell outader.
Speaker 3: Go Peter.
Speaker 5: I mean, this was insane. This is what I was talking about already.
Speaker 8: Here He's gonna be horizontal to look at that.
Speaker 5: I mean, this was amazing in his face. He got Yeah, he hit one clide out of the.
Speaker 8: Layer hit about off that face, mattlet Over one time.
Speaker 5: It was unbelievable. So the budgets have been read instilled. We have everyone working. We're back on board. Thank you, old trapper, Thank you, old trapper.
Speaker 8: H Holmes has thrown some amazing passes and some horrible Super Bowl losses.
Speaker 7: I got nice work, Peter Schrager. We got there, buddy, We got there. Welcome back to GMFB. We are still remembering and rewinding on the Super Bowl that was in New Orleans, super Bowl fifty nine. It may be over, but we can't stop talking about what transpired. And we've already done the sixty minutes of the game. Of course, on GMFB, we also have the memories that we have made Peter from Super Bowl fifty nine over the weekend.
Speaker 3: I know you don't just have.
Speaker 7: One favorite moment, buddy, so let loose on every one and everything and everything that you did.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, I thought it was a really special super Bowl for Eagles fans.
Speaker 5: I actually felt like it was a really cool super Bowl.
Speaker 8: For me personally because I got to open it with the NFL's Super.
Speaker 5: Bowl Opening Night. I was one of the people who are.
Speaker 8: Running on on the cameras on the phones and the microphones on that I got to interview Sakuon Barkley and Patrick Mahomes, and then of course the two coaches Andy rid nickxonre to start Super Bowl. But I also thought it was really cool that I got to finish Super Bowl. One of my favorite jobs that I get to do is for Fox. They have me as their postgame correspondent on the field and I am the first one at zero zero zero zero to run on the field, be in the confetti and interview players and families from the winning team. I wanted to share some of my personal photos are place certain the great Dave Strunk was taken. Here was one that I got right in the moment. This was right after after Jalen Hurts got his hat and was walking off the field.
Speaker 5: I said, I'm taking that with my own phone, and then I was at work. Guys, it is the coolest.
Speaker 8: Thing to see dreams realized, and we could roll through some of these.
Speaker 5: And I could take it through them. Let's look at some here.
Speaker 8: This was Bradley Cooper, a diehard Eagles fan. Got to interview him for the postgame show. This is all cool when it's the celebrities, but the players and their families.
Speaker 5: That is where it's at. This is Howie Roseman winning another Super Bowl.
Speaker 8: I've known Howie since I first started in this buz and he was working for Joe Banner.
Speaker 5: I knew Howie when Chip Kelly was in the building and.
Speaker 8: Was moving Howie's office year to hear now to see how we talked about as the greatest evaluator of all time. You want to talk about a pretty cool story, like to see how we have his moment some others that we have Cooper dejene This one went on the Fox Proper postgame show. I asked Cooper degene I said, hey, a pick six in the Super Bowl on your birthday? Has it soaked in yet? He goes, no, I can't even friggin believe it. That was the word, friggin believe it. I'm like, all right, we'll use it. That's good, Cooper de Genie is one type of story you get. How about Dallas with what he's been through. Dallas Goddard and I were talking, why is he in front of the crowd? Dallas Goddard on the runover and lead a fly Eagles Fly Chat Ea g l e s with the fans while they were still celebrating, which was pretty cool, and I got that.
Speaker 5: All on camera.
Speaker 8: And then maybe one of the coolest ones was this one. Brandon Graham tears in his eyes. Might be the last time he's ever on a football field in that uniform, the journey that he's had to come back to Philadelphia to get back to New Orleans to play. And then you've got that one who's the longtime Eagle who's only worn that uniform.
Speaker 5: To this guy, Mackai Becton.
Speaker 8: I'm lying down there in the confetti with him and McKie Junior, who's down there.
Speaker 5: Mackai Becking tears.
Speaker 8: In his eyes, was disregarded by the Jets after being a fur he was drafted before Tristan Wurf's in New York and it was discarded by the Jets.
Speaker 5: Was asked to move to right guard.
Speaker 8: And there's Kellen Moore, his last time in an Eagles uniform. If we assume that's the case, we'll be official at some point it's going to be the head coach of the Saints.
Speaker 5: Pretty cool to.
Speaker 8: Be on the field in those moments, and I just wanted to share my personal photos for those at home. A lot of those interviews went on Fox. They're gone forever, they just exist, it's whatever, but those photos last forever. To start Super Bowl Week and then to finish Super Bowl Week with the victors pretty cool for me personally, and I never take a second of it. Granted, we've got the coolest jobs in the world and sometimes they just need to smack in the face to appreciate it. Those photos will be forever and I'll never forget that night.
Speaker 3: Nice work.
Speaker 9: Yeah, some of those memories, Peter are for all time, and I'm glad you capture that with your pictures. Thinking back to the times I've been there on the field when the confetti's falling and you see all the coaches and the players celebrate with their families, and just the culmination of all the sacrifices that all these guys make throughout their entire lives, throughout their entire years, their careers, and to see on fold and celebrate pretty amazing. But for me watching all week long, whether it was throwing the w's and those cookies at media night, getting caught on Bourbon Street doing this all week long, Jamis Winston was an absolute star and we know how he dominated the media cycle during the season with his press conferences and being miked up and all the memorable moments he provided with the Browns this season. But to see him continue that, and I think what I most appreciated was Opening Night and doing the w and having fun at his own expense. But when different media outlets would see him and stop him on Bourbon Street, he was just as engaging and entertaining and personalized all of those interviews with those different media outlets and provided the same humor with all those different ones.
Speaker 5: An absolute star.
Speaker 9: Jamis Winston was preer entertainment, very genuine. I can't wait to see what he does after his playing career and when he does this full time, if he does this full time, But that was one of my favorite memories of this Super Bowl fifty nine coverage.
Speaker 1: The only person I can think of who I saw in New Orleans who was as energetic and charismatic as Jameis Winston was jelly Roll. I went to the jelly Roll show. I got in on Friday. I go to the beautiful Orpheum Theater. When I get in there a Shaboozie's playing, who I learned about on the air on the show when you guys were talking about Shaboozie, and then Jelly Roll comes on.
Speaker 5: And my idea with jelly rolls, I knew who he was. I'd seen him, I'd heard seen him on TV. He got honors, and Peter's all over.
Speaker 1: Peter had already seen him, like multiple times, like Peter's a big jelly guy.
Speaker 5: He reversed him as Jelly. So then jelly Roll starts doing his songs. I'm like, oh, these are cool songs.
Speaker 1: But what I did not anticipate is that he does all these amazing covers.
Speaker 5: So it's one thing he played.
Speaker 1: He played Garth Brooks, he played Time of Your Life, Green Day.
Speaker 5: Then he tells a lot. He's really great on.
Speaker 1: The stage in terms of anecdotally when he talks to the crowd, it's very comfortable.
Speaker 5: He's so secure.
Speaker 1: He's constantly talking about his own weight, like he just makes jokes about it. And he tells the story about he had a brother and one day there was a skunk loose in the house and he kept smelling a skunk, a skunk, a skunk, and so he fouls it up to his brother's bedroom door the skunk and the second he opens the door.
Speaker 5: This is the music he heard. And then he goes into.
Speaker 1: Cruising down the street in my six and he goes in this whole Boys in the Hood easy, but then rap melody and everyone's wrapping.
Speaker 5: It was an awesome show. Awesome, awesome, awesome show.
Speaker 1: Added to which like it was flooded with NFL players everywhere you looked.
Speaker 5: I bumped into Pokinakua.
Speaker 1: I'm standing there with Brook with my wife and she goes, she's looking over my shoulder. Someone She goes, oh my god, he's so beautiful. I turned it's Trevor Lawrence. I'm like, yes, yes, he's a beautiful man. Look at that hair in the sweater. Just flooded with NFL players.
Speaker 5: Get me some more who were there, because I was. I was in the middle. Was the he was like in the pitts.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm a diehard. But up top, I'm looking.
Speaker 8: Up Jared Goff, Kyle Yuschek, George Kittle, Ryan Fitzpatrick, John Hammon's in the balcony going the Peyton manning Eli Kyle Rather.
Speaker 5: This is all at that EA Madden thing. But like Jelly roll is amazing. If you haven't seen him live.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, I was really really impressed. And I didn't mention the biggest superstar. I'm sending there watching Shaboozie and I said, well, and I feel someone grinding me from behind and I turn around. I'm like, who is doing this? It wasn't my wife. I turned just Sean O'Hara, just like it was like Sean. It could not be more perfect. I could not be happier to see him. My takeaway was jelly Roll one the weekend.
Speaker 5: I'm like a fan for life now. He was awesome.
Speaker 3: I love that totally.
Speaker 7: So jelly Roll was backstage at honors because he was gonna come out and present in a war or he was a part of a skit with Snoop.
Speaker 3: The person that I ran into.
Speaker 7: I had a lot of self fulfilled moments over super Bowl weekend which I can't wait to share right now. So Nicky Glazer was backstage at NFL Honors and when I ran into this girl who is hotter than a match right now, like she is everywhere. Nicki Glazer wants to come on our show. I said, I have to ride the arms. I said, oh my gosh, girl, and she goes mm hmm. I want to come on your show, but I don't want to do it over zoom. And I actually had to say the words you know our show, you know who we are.
Speaker 3: It was I love this moment.
Speaker 7: She is awesome to Key Glazer, we can't wait to have you on guys. Secondly, there is a burning question on GMFB that Kyle actually brought up recently, and it's something that I do out of habit, maybe once a week when I intro the show.
Speaker 3: Welcome inside, Good Morning Football.
Speaker 7: Everybody just roll the video and we have an answer to something we are very very curious about.
Speaker 3: I made a new friend.
Speaker 7: At the NFL our Gold Trapper.
Speaker 3: Okay, so sometimes I'd like to call Old Trepper my favorite feet the bag.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about the Old Trap.
Speaker 3: Let's go, Kyle, in your faith, in your faith, meet in the bag.
Speaker 7: I'm allowed to say meet in the bag from the president of Old Trapper.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're good. I'm allowed to keep saying.
Speaker 5: Take an extra from Chips.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes he does, Yes she does.
Speaker 10: That was awesome, Jay, They careful, Oh Mar, that guy's bank rolling this entire looks like remember, yeah, it's not the meat in the bag.
Speaker 5: It's the money in the back. Yes, yeah, it was Jamie.
Speaker 1: That was really funny that you got him and had the wherewithal. It's just a little context. Every once in a while, Jamie does refer to Old Trapper, which is our presenting sponsor, as meet in the bag, and then I usually dry heath because I love Old Trapper and I eat more Old.
Speaker 5: Trapper than anybody on the show. I love it.
Speaker 1: I don't like the phrase meat in the bag, and that's never in part of their language or their documentation at all.
Speaker 5: Jamie does that ad.
Speaker 1: Lib but as long as the CEO says it's fine, then it's fine with me.
Speaker 3: He loves it. And and the fact that he went in.
Speaker 7: Your face and the fact that that's what the president of Old Trapper looks like is perfect.
Speaker 3: We love you, we love you. So that was honors.
Speaker 7: That was at the NFL tailgate before the game. Then I go into the state. I brought my uncle Jerry. He's from Philadelphia. My mom's from Philly. She's the oldest of five, is one of her brothers.
Speaker 3: And he comes.
Speaker 7: We go walking into our aisle and we've taken our seats. We're there ninety minutes for the game. I'm like, all right, uncle Jerry, we've arrived.
Speaker 3: We're here.
Speaker 7: And he turns and looks at who's coming down the aisle at us who was sitting right next to us, but the man, the myth.
Speaker 3: The legend himself.
Speaker 7: There's Scott Hanson, and there's my uncle Jerry, who is photo bombing our selfie. Who if my uncle Jerry watches enough Eagles fan like Eagles games, every he's watching Scott Hanson on Sunday. There was nothing cooler than Scott Hansen, who literally, and I say this with love, does not stop talking an entire football game.
Speaker 5: Spinning, spinning, Super Bowl conversation.
Speaker 7: Exactly NFL trivia at my uncle Jerry, who, like Frankly, was kind of hanging like he hung tough, and I like, I just stood in between Scott and Jerry who they were going Name the three starting running backs from the seventy two Dolphins. Name five players who could have won the Heisman, the National Championship and the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I got all the answers. It was.
Speaker 7: It was what you would have thought it was from Scott Hansen, and uh, I think everybody it should.
Speaker 3: Be like a raffle like a charity raffle.
Speaker 7: If you want to sit next to Scott Hanson at a super Bowl, so be it.
Speaker 3: Guys, can you imagine I love.
Speaker 5: That I'm picturing.
Speaker 8: I'm picturing Uncle Jerry and it's like Jim Kick, Mercury Morris, Larry Dunko.
Speaker 5: What do he got next to Scott?
Speaker 7: My uncle Darry was so proud because he stumped Scott. He took him a long time to get the Jim kick Scott. Colin Hansen just couldn't remember Jim kick, and Michael Jerry.
Speaker 3: Was like, I got him. I actually got Scott Hanson. Like cooler than the selfie.
Speaker 7: He gets to go back to his day job and tell people that he was able to or stump Scott.
Speaker 3: Hansen on trivia.
Speaker 7: It's perfect awesome Scott Hanson, We love you