Speaker 1: Wow, it is Friday.
Speaker 2: You know what that means.
Speaker 3: It is time for another edition of the Stardom Cindam Show. Glad you could be with us. I am Marcus Grant, joined by Michael he f Foyo, who writes the Stardom Citum column for us. You can find it every week at NFL dot com slash Start Sit. And we got the Kawan Jones who just likes giving his opinions on things. We are grateful for that as well. So look forward through four weeks. I know it's been a frustrating fantasy year. How how are you feeling about the Start Sit calls so far?
Speaker 4: Overall? Pretty good? Week two was not the best one for me, but week three week bounce back. Week one was solid all I mean, it was good all things considered that, Like, we don't really know anything coming into week one, but I will say Week four was actually a very good one as well. But Week five, this this one that we were about to talk about, is the spiciest I've ever written. There is a ton of big names that I'm look I might be wearing it on the chin next week or I'm gonna be You're not gonna hear me shut up, but I am talking. I'm advising against a lot of big names.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's start because I feel like quarterbacks got a few of those big names in them. Who are your starts and sits under center?
Speaker 4: My starts are Jayden Daniels, even in a tough matchup against the Browns must start option now. I think Jordan love One is just a must start option with the way he played last week. But also, sorry to Lakwan Rams, Justin Fields is running again. And not only that, to me, he just looks so much more comfortable in this offense, and I think that's something that we forget, like he wasn't supposed to start new team all of that. Brock Perdy, who has gone off against the Cardinals in the past, that defense doesn't scare me at all. And Gino Smith, I've said it a lot this week. I think like three or four touchdowns are coming for Gino this week. And then the Sis. These these are some spicy names. I have Pat Mahomes because he's just a name right now, Kyler Murray who really struggles against the forty nine ers in his career, Joe Burrow, who has really struggled against the Ravens as of late, and they are shutting everyone down right now, You're a touchdown leader in Sam Darnold against the Jets, Aaron Rodgers. I'm sitting both quarterbacks in that game, and then Derek Carr as well. Those first two weeks were fun. The last two weeks have not been fun at all.
Speaker 3: So I mean, let's let's just start with the headline. I mean, you mentioned that he is a name right now, Patrick Mahomes. Wow, how many where do you have him?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Does he still even sneak into your top twelve at this point?
Speaker 5: No? Straight out, no, no, no, real nasty.
Speaker 4: I mean starting other quarterbacks on this sittem list before I would start Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Wow. All right, la Quan, how far down the list do you have Mahomes?
Speaker 6: He's definitely outside the top twelve, but top fifteen still, like it's still Mahomes Like he's still good at football, but fantasy right now, it's just hard to put him in starting lineups when other quarterbacks are giving you higher ceilings. So it's like, I get it. It just looks nasty having him along the bench and having a guy like Sam Darnold or a Gino Smith or a Baker Mayfield and starting lineups over him. I mean, this is where we're at now, though.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I've got a team where I've got Mahomes and Gino Smith, and without hesitation, I plug Gino Smith in it, like didn't think twice about it, Like yeah, yeah, Geno against the Giants versus Mahomes against the Saints, all good was not even a consideration At this point. You mentioned Florio Jayden Daniels, the tough matchup against against Cleveland. I think I said this to you earlier in the week that this feels like the start of a real training a real testing ground for him, right, because they got the they've got the Browns, they've got the Ravens, they've got the Steelers, they got the Bears in there. If let's say he goes out and has a eighteen to twenty point game against the Browns, like at this point, that does that graduate him out of being in the start Sitcollum at this point?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wrote and literally the first sentence on the Jade and Daniels section, I was like, yeah, after that, if he is a good week this week, it's too obvious for me to start to write it like on the start top of each section, it says you won't get obvious names if Jade and Daniels balls out this week.
Speaker 5: He's too obvious.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is where we are rookie season and he has been like already graduating out of really graduating.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Potentially five weeks into his NFL career, that is wild.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's move over to running backs. Who's your starts? Who's your six?
Speaker 4: I have Travis Etn and Josh Jacobs both as starts. I know they haven't been living up to their fantasy expectations, but they are in both great matchups. Naji Harris gets so much volume, and the Cowboys struggled against the run when they were healthy, now they are super banged up. DeAndre Swift, who I know you like as well this week Marcus and then Jerome Ford. The Commanders, as much as they struggle against the past, are allowing explosive runs at nearly twenty five percent, is by far the highest rate in the NFL. And then my sis Zach Moss because the Ravens have played four games and no running back has a run of ten yards against them, Plus they have allowed the fewest rushing yards in the league. Devin Singletary, this is one that like the maybe volume gets him into your lineup, But the Seahawks before they played the Lions had been shutting down running backs Zamir White. There is absolutely no chance you could start him with any sort of confidence. And then the Chiefs running backs Hunt, Steel p Ryan. I think if you have to start one, it's clearly Kareem Hunt right now. But Saints are a good defense, and I all three were involved still last week. I still kind of want to take a step back.
Speaker 2: If I can quan, how are you approaching the Chiefs backfield at this point?
Speaker 5: I'm not this week. It's in the matchup.
Speaker 6: Like I feel like even with you know, you know a lot of folks still having Carson Steely on their team, but I think he's on punishment right now. You gotta hold on to the ball like you can't be fumbling out there as a rookie. So that's a bad look there. So like Reem Hunt, I understand that, you know, he had some good usage last week, but you're going against the Saints on the ground, and that's not a matchup. I feel comfortable putting Green Hunt in there with you know, some a JP Ryan still out there trying to take some PPR upside. So this is going to be an ugly matchup for the Chiefs, like they had an ugly match up the last three weeks. Like it's kind of just what they've been right now. So I feel like going out there trying to approach what they what they uh, Kansas City Chiefs running back in your starting lineup, you have to be really desperate.
Speaker 3: H what Floory ask you about a running back that's not on this list here but Romondre Stevenson, a guy that a lot of us had hopes for. Now there's saw that Antonio Gibson might start because Stevenson's putting the ball on the ground. But the matchups against Miami is so good. How are you feeling about about Remandre right now?
Speaker 4: Look, it's hard to be like super optimistic given THENT like what the talk is and everything, But I think you give him one more chance more than likely, Like it always depends on your options. But I have a lot of teams that are in need of running back help right now. So the matchup, to me, I think keeps him in play. But I also think Antonio Gibson is a sleeper this week, Like this is one of those situations where I don't feel super confident with either one because we don't know how the work will get distributed, but the matchup is so good that if I need to take a shot, I'm fine taking that one.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that this talk about Antonio Gibson is just chatter because I'm starting Remandre and I need him to have a good week, so hopefully this is just something to light a fire under him and it's nothing more than that.
Speaker 2: Floury and wide receivers. Who you got this week.
Speaker 4: Not as maybe as spicy, but Deontay Johnson at the Bears. I know it's a tough matchup. I don't care. I think he is a must start right now. Amari Cooper because the matchup against the Commanders is elite and his volume is elite as well. Jayden Red and Dontavian Wicks against the Rams, who have been torched through the air this year. I also think Romeo Dobbs is a sleeper in this one. Terry McLaurin against the Browns. I know the Browns are a good defense. Terry is very good. Jayden Daniels is very good. I'm willing to take a shot on the talent there, and then Khalil Shakir I think is just quickly becoming a must start option, such a safe floor, and we're seeing more upside my sits. I had DeVante Adams, but it doesn't look like he's going to play t Higgins against the Ravens. I know it's a little bit of a spicy call, but Burrow has struggled and so is Higgins in recent games against them. Keenan Allen just not enough volume last week for me to get fired up for him. Jalen Waddle, I think everyone can see why with that one. Jordan Addison because Jets defense is elite, and Courtland Sutton the Raiders, for as much issues as they have going on, they have been really good at limiting outside wide receivers this year.
Speaker 2: I'm really you know, I don't I don't have Quurtland Sutton.
Speaker 3: He's another guy that I'm trying to squint really hard and try to find some sleeper value in.
Speaker 2: But I can sort of get that one.
Speaker 3: Quan, I want to ask you about about Tyreek Hill because Jalen Waddle is on the sit list. I know we were sort of saying that, man, it's hard to get away from Tyreek Hill. See more and more people tweeting about the fact they're going to put Tyreek Hill on the bench.
Speaker 2: Have you reached that point yet?
Speaker 6: Yes, I personally don't have many shares, but I'm putting them on the bench.
Speaker 5: You just have to.
Speaker 6: You can't go out there when you have guys that you drafted in later round putting up more fantasy points than a Tyreek Hill a first round investment, and may feel like you got to just work yourself up to.
Speaker 5: Go do it, But no, it's a bad offense right now.
Speaker 6: Things are not working in Miami right now, and I can't go out there and put a bad product in my starting line I'm expecting each and every single weekend now that he's going to have this bomb game.
Speaker 5: Like we're not getting the Tyreek Hill that we've had.
Speaker 6: Our expectations had to lower down a ton once he moved to Skyler Thompson. Now they're on Snoop shout out the Pro Bowl Snoop all supports. But that is not an offense that I feel comfortable putting Tyreek Hill in my starting lineups.
Speaker 2: Florida.
Speaker 3: And maybe this is a bigger conversation for another show. But you know, screw it, I'm gonna ask you here anyway. Guys like Khalil Shakir getting opportunities. You know, a guy like Alan Lazard getting opportunities right now. He's a top twenty wide receiver, Wandel Robinson a top twenty five wide receiver. These are guys who aren't you know, like, look, you have the elite guys at the top, right, we're we're not worried about the Justin Jeffersons, the Chris Godwins, the A'mon Ross Saint Browns.
Speaker 2: Those guys are doing their thing. But are we gonna start next year looking differently at some of these these slot guys who sort of work underneath, who find spaces and zones, those guys who generally speaking, we're not really thinking of, We're not checking for them in like the fifth sixth round. Are we gonna start sort of changing the way we draft as long as offenses are continuing to check down with their passing games.
Speaker 4: Uh, it might like this year has been an awful year if you went like heavy on wide receivers because teams are passing less. Like the too high safety thing is a legit problem for a lot of these offenses, which leads to a lot of underneath stuff. A couple of years ago, I started writing a slot article for on NFL dot Com, and it was just like, these are the guys that are consistently getting usage in the slot, and these are the defenses that really struggle against them. So maybe I don't think the fantasy community, though, is going to change a whole lot. We're always going to chase upside and slot receivers are more of a safe floor type of thing. They're also players that like Wandell has been very useful, but you can get him off the waiver wire coming into the year. So maybe the one I will say, you can call me a homer. Khalil Shakir, I think is a little different because he is the top target on his team, whereas Wandell is number two, Alan Lazard is number two. So to me, it depends a little bit on your role in your offense.
Speaker 3: Oyay, yeah, I mean it's just it's the thing that kind of struck me right, Like some of these guys that we don't traditionally think of as really fantasy heavy wide receivers are having some good seasons so far, I don't wonder.
Speaker 2: If it's gonna change things. We're slow to change. I think sometimes in draft theory too.
Speaker 4: What what are we gonna cause? Lakwan, you made dorsch Land. What is Wandell's thing going to be?
Speaker 6: Uh see, I've been trying to just think of other things that can get Wandell, but like Wandel's world, like Disneyland. I don't know, but I'm like trying not to be so like high expectations on him week the week because I kind of just want this to slow burn, to just be consistent and then I can jump on it. Because Greg Doors, we put all our stocks into that, into that park, and now it's closed for me.
Speaker 4: Hey, you just gotta reinvest in the slot receiver.
Speaker 5: That's all. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Wandale archipelago, that's what I archipelago.
Speaker 3: It is a series of islands, you know, like what, Yeah, what's the thing you.
Speaker 4: Taught me yesterday?
Speaker 5: You and Patrick Isthmus.
Speaker 2: It is a strip of land with water on two sides of it.
Speaker 4: Did you know either of those?
Speaker 5: Lakwan, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: We were discussing isthmuses and peninsula's yesterday. In case for those of you out there.
Speaker 3: Who wonder what kind of stuff we talk about here at the job, Like when we're not on shows.
Speaker 2: We discussed land mass forms of land masses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I learned something new each day.
Speaker 2: There you go, So archipelagos, isthmuses and peninsula's just look them up. We'll get back to the matter at hand, though, tight hands your starts and since for the week.
Speaker 4: Jake Ferguson, who I think is just becoming a mustard option right now. You know how bad tight end is. He's the number two target on a team that throws a bunch. And I would say the same about Dawnt Kincaid. I know some people are like, he hasn't been having great games. He's averaged eleven Fantasy points per game the last two weeks. That is elite at the current state of tight end. Brock Bow, I know the last two weeks haven't been as fun as the first two weeks. It doesn't erase those either, And with Devonte Adams out, plenty of volume there Evan Ingram, because he is the average double digit Fantasy points against him last year. He has at least five catches every time he's played him, and I saw some comments being like starting Evan Ingram in his first game back. Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were the one guy that has a good tight end in your league. And then at friar Mouth showed us some upside last week, so that gets me excited. And then the CITs these get me sad Mark Andrews and Isaiah Likely, I don't see how you can start them right now. And then Cole Comet Tyler Conklin tastes him Hill to round it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's rough.
Speaker 3: I kind of want to believe in Tyler Conklin just because I think the way to attack the Vikings is just sort of underneath. I mean, they're gonna play a lot of show coverage, They're gonna blitz a lot, so maybe there's some space in there.
Speaker 2: So maybe there's some room for Tyler Conklin.
Speaker 3: Taysom Hill because you put him on the set list, is gonna just like he's gonna go off.
Speaker 2: It's just gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I write it every time I have him as a city like, You're just like he is not a tight end. You are hoping for a rushing touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I mean you're right, but it's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: To receiving, you just hope for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: So, Lak, you heard Floria talking about Evan Ingram people being sort of indignant about starting him. Are you would you be starting him if you have him?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? I mean you drafted him. The guy that you had filling in his role was off the waiver wire and he's been giving you four points. You understand the situation where we're at with the tight end situation, so absolutely, you have to understand. His role in that offense is very important when it comes to scoring touchdowns in the middle of the field, security blanket for Trevor Lawrence and etcetera, etcetera. He is going to be a weapon utilizing. It's a great sign that he's practicing this week. Things are looking to be okay for the most part. But if he plays and he gets the okay, he gets the green light, He's in my st any lineup.
Speaker 3: I'm starting him, uh one, because like everybody else, I need tight end help.
Speaker 2: So the matchup is good.
Speaker 3: I talked about earlier in the week about Trevor Lawrence being a sleeper having an opportunity to bounce back this week, so why not get one of his favorite.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what my last two losses in my leagues have been because the tight end like situation has just been nasty. Like I've lost by like four points or like seven points, and it's like, dude, you couldn't just put up ten points and I could have got this dub like right, like what's going on? Like seriously, So you get a starting tight end who's a real threat that has an actual silent target share, he's in the starting lineup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so Evan Ingram definitely fits that category this week. So I'm with Florio. Get him on your lineup. If you got him, get him in your lineup, because I mean, I don't know who are you going to start? Like Eric Soalbert come on.
Speaker 5: And Lacwan Jones off the street and Jeans, like what's up?
Speaker 2: Start start Evidage.
Speaker 4: Honestly, you might be a top ten tight end.
Speaker 5: Not seriously, I'm.
Speaker 3: So serious, dude. You know one catch for like fifteen yards and you're very much in the running, so here we go.
Speaker 4: I feel like you might have to dye your hair blonde. And John new Smith might not even have a good year, like he just might fall into top five tight end that's.
Speaker 5: What's so crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Wow, craziness absolute.
Speaker 4: If you can't tell, I'm really wanting to see you blonde.
Speaker 6: Yeah, seeing that, I'll take some of the hair comments off of you to me.
Speaker 2: Now. Oh man, all right, that feels like a good spot for us to end.
Speaker 3: Unless you guys want to talk about, like I don't know, mountain ranges or something of that nature too, we'll say that for next week. All say, show more more geographical land mass features. We'll talk about on next week's show. The meantime, that's a good place for us to end this edition of the Startum Situm Show. We appreciate you hanging out with us as always. Enjoy the weekend, Enjoy week five. May it'd be prosperous for all of us, and we will talk to you all next week. Wow.