Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is mick Shots, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 3: And the official Dallas Cowboys apt now.
Speaker 4: Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 5: And it's a Tuesday inside the SWBC podcast studio at the Beautiful Star in Frasco. And this is Mickshots as we are now officially officially on the Cincinnati Yes, or is it tomorrow? It's a Monday night game, and so maybe it's not until Thursday. Spread it out, but we are here on the Cincinnati Cowboys for We're gonna try to play that every day.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're going to talk Cowboys for the next fifty minutes here on the mixshot Boys.
Speaker 2: I mean there's other stuff.
Speaker 5: There is some other stuff to talk about.
Speaker 1: And last night, yeah.
Speaker 5: That was a surprisingly high scoring affair.
Speaker 1: How do you throw for five hundred yards and get beat.
Speaker 5: Well at Samos said after the game, he's praying to the Lord to deliver him from pick six is now? He said, the game, Yeah, I love him, I love him. Well.
Speaker 1: It was funny because I heard a I think it was on the radio coming It was pregame stuff. They had an interview with him, and all of a sudden, he's he's into the Lord and talking about how he got through all this by praying, Lord's watching after him and everything. And I was like, oh, Jamus kind of changed his tune here a little bit.
Speaker 5: Well, what I love about it is he is and he is praising the Lord whether he wins or loses.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can see though.
Speaker 2: Now his energy level is still constant and it's it's.
Speaker 1: And he's still throwing super fastball.
Speaker 5: He had one that was a great touch throw, yeah, which shot Troy.
Speaker 2: It probably shot the tight end as well. Yeah it was a touch.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: They regardless of whether they want to lose, this guy is good copy. Yeah, he's very watchable and you know, yeah, he's entertaining. If nothing else, you can see how well he can troll the ball. Even when he was in Tampa, I believe he had thirty eight touchdown. Yeah that was a match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty thirty, thirty thirty he credited in that interview. I heard to Sean Payton and Drew Threes for kind of explaining to him how to play quarterback and you know, make sure you take care of the football, and unfortunately didn't do so well.
Speaker 2: He's been doing it better. Yeah this year.
Speaker 1: Well, they've been scoring points.
Speaker 2: They've been scoring points.
Speaker 1: That's not the team we saw in the season opener.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what if his defense would stop somebody well, which was which was.
Speaker 5: By the way, the number one defense in the league last year.
Speaker 2: And so I don't think he's really had to come out of his bag talking about James the way he had to do in this game, because the defense has been playing so well and he hadn't had to force it in there. But man, it was two pick sixes right, yes.
Speaker 1: And then the interception at the end in the end zone right linebackers, it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't nothing like a one hundred and three.
Speaker 1: No, that one just ended their comeback attempt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: So so in twenty nineteen at Tampa Bay Is he passed for five thousand yards five one hundred and nine yards to lead the league and thirty three touchdown passes and thirty interceptions to lead the league.
Speaker 1: Thirty thirty.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you do with that?
Speaker 1: And then then did he go.
Speaker 5: To New Orleans after that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the year for that many yards and they didn't keep them.
Speaker 5: No, right, because of the thirty picks. And so then it was the COVID year in twenty twenty, and so he backed up Breeze that year, did not get into a game, had seven starts in twenty one, went five and two, and then in twenty two. So he's with the Saints for four years, and so that was his return engagement against.
Speaker 2: One of his stats this year.
Speaker 5: This year, and I assume these are updated from last night. He is. He's appeared in ten games, he's made five starts, a two to three record, sixty one percent completion percentage was not ideal, seventeen hundred and sixty three yards, which is seven point seven yards per attempt, and he's got eleven touchdowns and seven interceptions.
Speaker 2: A little improvement a little bit.
Speaker 5: Passer rating much better eighty eight without free from right. Yes, so his passer rating in that thirty for thirty season was thirty eighty.
Speaker 1: Four point three because he had a lot of yards.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yeah, and now this year he's eighty eight point fours his basser rating, so.
Speaker 2: He's getting a little better, he's getting more consistent. That game was kind of an aberration. He doesn't throw it for that many yards. But also this year he hadn't thrown as many touchdowns as what he's gone to do, So I was just curious about that because he's he's good for the league right now. Yeah, I mean, let's just call it like it is. He's making Cleveland watchable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he passed for four hundred ninety seven yards?
Speaker 2: Is that what it was?
Speaker 1: I said five hundred, Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: So his average yards per game is only one hundred and seventy six yards, so that was an aberration.
Speaker 2: So so my Judy's happy. Yeah, Judy's happy he's there. He had over two hundred yards last night.
Speaker 1: How does he get so open? It ain't his routes he's got.
Speaker 2: It's got to be speed.
Speaker 1: No, it's bad coverage. But how do you forget that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he's but he first round draft pick.
Speaker 1: It took him to the fourth quarter to put their top corner on him, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, certain certain.
Speaker 2: Because the other guy, Wallace was a backup, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was getting burned and then all of a sudden he was going, I don't know if they were in zone or what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was.
Speaker 1: Just running like nobody around him.
Speaker 2: Well, he was happy. I will help him on his next contract.
Speaker 5: Nine catches, two hundred and thirty five yards.
Speaker 1: And he could mouth off at only one only one touchdown. Mouth off at the fans, right.
Speaker 2: And everyone's happy. He got his yards. Didn'ver got that win. That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: Both Nicks was able to smile at.
Speaker 5: The end, Big Green Notebook like bow Nicks.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's you know what, he's the poster child for having played games in college before he got to the NFL. What did they say, sixty sixty sixty.
Speaker 5: Games or so at Auburn and then at Oregon and coach his son played for his dad in high school. So he's grown up in the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, with Oregon being number one? Who Oregon?
Speaker 2: That's not how you said it?
Speaker 1: They say Oregon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's the way they were talking about Oregon. Is that how they do? They say it? Like that? Think so Oregon, Wisconsin?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, they won't be there at the end. They're gonna get beat somewhere along the way they'll get beat.
Speaker 1: I think they're all they're all gonna get beat.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're gonna lose Oregon.
Speaker 2: Yeah or gommy, I don't think that. I think they're gonna think they're gonna win that.
Speaker 1: I think I've seen them only play half.
Speaker 5: Might get beat this week. They got Penn State this week. Yeah for real, Big ten championship champions Ohio State didn't make it. I wonder what.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: They defended the flag?
Speaker 2: Okay, they got that right.
Speaker 5: So what do we got to talk about today? Jerry was on the radio, it's gonna seeing something going on?
Speaker 1: Well, he was, you know, he was encouraged by the two game winning streak. They kept trying to egg him on to playoff talk and he was basically, yeah, that's good for you guys. But we got Cincinnati and he said that's where our focus needs to be. Uh And then they asked him and I guess I didn't know this was going on. It must be some social media thing that overshown may want zero next year as his number.
Speaker 5: If you would watch my coverage during training during training camp. During training camp, I did an interview with marve On and he talked about wanting the number zero. He was hilarious, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Why can't he can't have it?
Speaker 5: Got zero?
Speaker 2: And that's no.
Speaker 5: Arby On was just he was so hilarious. You know how he talks.
Speaker 2: I've never heard him talk.
Speaker 5: You got to listen to them. You will fall into You're already in love with him, you will really fall in love with him after you hear him. So he's talking about, yeah, I want the number zero because I was, you know, agent zero or whatever it was in Texas, and yeah, but I can't hear number zero. Course, Rowdy he's got number zero.
Speaker 1: And so he was just hilarious talking about So I don't think Jerry had heard that, so they brought it up. Yeah, and he goes, well, he goes, you know, I'll have to talk to Jerry Junior that yeah, because you know he's rowdy. It was a play on the tickets.
Speaker 6: Gag.
Speaker 1: Oh, those guys didn't understand because they don't probably listen.
Speaker 2: Because competition ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't we know who plays for the Eagles, right, So anyway, I don't think they got that part of it right. And he goes and you know, and by the way, you know, Rowdy, you know, we've had a few discussions about things. He said. You know, we were out at Wichita Falls and it's like a one hundred degrees out and he had this kind of water gun and he kept shooting it at people watching practice. And he goes, and if you understand who was aiming at, you don't want to get their t shirts wet. Basically like that. So he said we had to call him in talk to him about it, needed to quit doing that. And he goes and then we got here and he did it again, and it's like, son, do you understand what I'm talking about? He goes, well, the next thing I know is I get a call and somebody's got a picture of the rout. He's got a rowdy truck advertisement it's parked outside a strip club. So it's like, okay, I got to call him in again. So he calls him in again, explains to him, now, that's just a really bad look. We can't have that. You got to be careful, and he goes in. The guy tells me, okay, I'll talk to Rowdy about that. I've heard the story before, right, He wasn't going to take blame for his mistake. He's going to talk to Rowdy about it, right. So so dude number zero, come on, I don't think that's going to get into way. But that's the gag.
Speaker 2: Now I get the gag. But but really he's gonna if you he can get zero if he wants it, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay unless the team doesn't. You know what, when it first came out, he said, I don't want anybody would zero on. If you're a zero, you ain't got nothing, you got zero. I don't want anybody wearing zero.
Speaker 2: I get his his train of thought, but no zero. If you want zero and zero's available, except for the fact that the mascot has it, that should not be a reason for a man not to get the number that he wants. That's I just never thought about that. It's okay for Rowdy and him to have zero.
Speaker 1: Yt Me give you another rowdy start to him. When we got in the bus accident and they finally identified who was on the bus, and they had all the names, but the kid's name, the kid that was routed right right, and so in the story it said so and so is on the bus. The driver was this Mickey's this a videographer and Rowdy. Okay, so we're watching this at about one in the morning, Oh no, listening to it righted and Foster. Foster goes, I got a name.
Speaker 5: They could have used my name.
Speaker 1: I'm not some care I'm not rowdy.
Speaker 2: What did he take his hat off? And did he take his had off doing it? When they talked to him?
Speaker 1: They didn't talk to him, they did They never talked to him the only person they talked to us.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, that's your fault.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't identify anybody.
Speaker 2: You didn't identify that I was supposed to.
Speaker 1: Okay, but they knew Rowdy was on the bus, and so they called him Rowdy instead of his name. And he turns to me and he goes, I got a name. I'm not some character. I said, look at it this way. If we all got killed, they would have to get a new mascot because Rowdy was dead.
Speaker 2: That's that's not a good thing. Well why did you say that to him?
Speaker 1: That's not a good thing to explain to him about Rowdy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Ever since, well you counted ten one.
Speaker 2: Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
Speaker 5: He didn't say zero.
Speaker 2: Zero is not a supreme you want to meet.
Speaker 5: Zero zero is not a number, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's not ten one. You don't say zero one that would make eleven numbers, right? Uh, huh, there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, we got rid of that point.
Speaker 5: Although when we come back, I want to I'm looking for my interview with demarve On. I want to play when he was zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't even hear a word you said. I'm sitting here.
Speaker 1: Looking for my interview at you missed a good story.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I'll listen to the replay. All right, we came back with much more here on mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. I want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas with a star, and talk x's and o's with me, Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 6: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and Crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Prs Scott kitsch, it slides for the first down.
Speaker 6: Invest like your icons, where everyone is a rookie in crypto With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off. I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankoler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on this side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War, fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demict shuts.
Speaker 2: Tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by Visiline. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders at dance camps on December twenty seventh and former NFL players at football camps on December twenty third and twenty seventh. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Register at Dallascowboys dot com, slash Camps dot Santa at the Star. Let me repeat that, Dallascowboys dot com, slash Camps dot Santa at the Star. Bam.
Speaker 5: All right, we continue here on mixed shots and look how much stuff Mickey's got.
Speaker 2: In front of What is going on?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 5: I mean, Mickey's got so much he wants to talk about.
Speaker 2: Look like you didn't study it?
Speaker 5: How you studying right now? What are you looking at Mickey, it.
Speaker 1: Was just, how about this for anodity if we can get back to talking about football. Nah, you know Cincinnati's coming in at four and eight. We know Joe Burrow's just slinging the ball all over the place, right, So I looked at the league's stats. Cincinnati has three hundred and two completions, Cowboys completions three oh two wow, sacks and Burrow is getting beat up, right every year?
Speaker 2: He gets beat up every year.
Speaker 1: Been sacked thirty times, Cowboys sacks thirty wow?
Speaker 2: And what's their record?
Speaker 1: Four and eight? Noways are one game better five and seven, but everybody's lauding them their passing game is you know, obviously he's turned for more yards. Yeah, his three hundred two completions plus what Chase has, like twelve? Is that too many? Too few? Twelve touchdowns?
Speaker 5: Yes, twelve, I mean I think so I haven't looked. That sounds about right.
Speaker 2: And he never did get his money this offseason, dude, Yeah, he did give his money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, let me see what his money is, Jamal.
Speaker 2: Because the off season was pretty uh vosable, you know, between the two.
Speaker 5: And I don't think he wasn't gonna play without his money.
Speaker 1: Right because he was so Jamar Chase leading receivers. Oh that's NFC, I gotta get.
Speaker 2: Ta Well, maybe he didn't. I didn't think he did.
Speaker 5: He said an unrestricted free agent in twenty six.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised he didn't.
Speaker 1: He was holding out, wasn't he?
Speaker 2: Yes, big time, he was holding out, and I remember him being upset about not sin.
Speaker 1: So he's second in the NFL.
Speaker 5: He's not getting his money.
Speaker 1: Second in the NFL with seventy nine catches. Oh, he's tied for second with CD seventy nine catches. The tight end Bowers Vegas leagues with eighty four. I know, but it's a tight end.
Speaker 5: He's like he's leading the league draft.
Speaker 1: No, he's leading the league.
Speaker 5: But he was also like the eighth pick in the draft.
Speaker 1: Chase has thirty almost spit his name out, Bower.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: The next tight end, Kelsey with seventy.
Speaker 2: May he's still playing. Well. This tight end.
Speaker 1: Seventy three Arizona.
Speaker 2: His name is Mackie. All right.
Speaker 1: If I asked you the top five receivers in the league, would you say Bowers, I would not. You would say Jefferson, Chase lamb Right, Saint Brown, Wilson Smith, Na, Jigba. No, you didn't say Bowers.
Speaker 2: No, we don't say Jigba.
Speaker 5: We say j s n Okay, Jackson Smith and Jigba there Rockwall High School.
Speaker 1: Bowers.
Speaker 5: I think we better look out for bout us then, right, Just think if he had a quarterback in Vegas, how many catches he'd have?
Speaker 1: They need more than just a quarterback.
Speaker 5: Now, by the way, you know he's gonna wind up being their quarterback in Vegas shadure, Wow, that would be crazy. You know who don't wind up being their coach? No, that's my prediction. That's my prediction.
Speaker 2: I don't know, d I can't handle Vegas.
Speaker 5: No, what do you mean he can't?
Speaker 2: That's not what you know. He he talks all that, But but I was really a country boy. I don't really think Vegas is the place that he wants to be. I know, the opportunity might be there for him, But young young, yes, old Dion, Now, I don't think so well. And it's not so much to Vegas.
Speaker 5: It's just to Vegas. Happens to be the team that's up there quarterback. It is Vegas the organization when it was Oakland. The organization has a track record of making coaching hires that are out of the box, you know. And Colorado's hiring of Dion was out of the box, right, and it's paid off for Colorado. And I think that I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Raiders not Vegas, but the Raiders made that move.
Speaker 2: Let's say if Dion had a chance for his kids to go to Colorado or say Atlanta, and play for some college. Let's say they had a college in Atlanta that was, you know, Georgia Tech. Yeah, but let's pick up let's say George Georgia close enough. I think he would have chose and Colorado simply because of the the lifestyle there. I don't think Atlanta would have been a place for him to be. So I'm saying that I'm comparing Atlanta to ve Culturally, Yeah, Atlanta to Vegas. I think he feels more comfortable in Colorado because of the culture there. That's just my opinion. If he had the coach in a bigger, fancier city, I think he's done with that.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 5: In the NFL, there's not very many what I mean, there's only thirty two franchises and there's only a few that.
Speaker 2: To go to. I'm not talking about you do, I'm talking Dion. I'm just talking to Dion now. No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think you got to look at his stroke. Where's the right opportunity for him? Yeah, I'm with Shador. I don't think Dion wants to coach sor right when you think I.
Speaker 2: Think he still wants to coach it. Yeah, right, if he goes to Vegas, he would have to go because I think he would need to protect him. I think he would need to be the one looking out for him because he wouldn't trust anyone else.
Speaker 5: I just think that that's the fit.
Speaker 1: How well does he look out for him in Boulder?
Speaker 2: I think he looks out well for Yeah, yeah, very well.
Speaker 1: Every time he drives a car, everybody knows who's coming.
Speaker 2: Well, he can't tell him what cars to buy. You know, that's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: He got money, and you can't recruit in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Draft what goes first, he gets the job, or they draft Chadur and then he gets the job.
Speaker 2: I think any way they wanted to happen, if they wanted to happen, they'll make it happen. I think they what you said is correct, but.
Speaker 1: Also not correct, going to trade the house just to get his son.
Speaker 2: We'll see you think. I'm surprised to see if they were playing in the Bowl game. Not the Bowl games, but the the All Star games and all that kind of stuff that they have.
Speaker 5: That'll be interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, they might get in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: They're not getting in.
Speaker 1: No, I just said might, but they're not.
Speaker 5: I'm saying they're not.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, would they have to do to get in?
Speaker 5: Teams would have to be ruled ineligible at this point.
Speaker 2: So it would have to be a perfect storm.
Speaker 5: Where were it can't happen and it's impossible.
Speaker 1: Where were they ranked last week in the college They were in the top twenty one.
Speaker 5: Yeah they were.
Speaker 2: I have to look it up.
Speaker 1: I mean, if the right thing happened, they were going to go to the Big Twelve playoffs right.
Speaker 5: To the championship game. But they did not get in the championship game, which is why they have no chance of getting into the playoff now because they've got like three losses.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, Alabama's going to get in with three losses.
Speaker 5: Alabama plays in the SEC.
Speaker 2: It makes a good point.
Speaker 1: They need to change these big multi team conferences when they're sixteen and eighteen teams and they don't play each other and they're not playing divisions. If you got the right schedule. I know what everybody's saying about Texas, but.
Speaker 5: They had as easy as schedule in that conference as you could possibly.
Speaker 2: Right Texas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, they played george A lot of it was schedu Oklahoma was bad this year and.
Speaker 1: They played Georgia in A and M.
Speaker 5: Right, basically, yeah, they play in Michigan was down this year, but Michigan beat Ohio State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not their fault.
Speaker 5: No, it's not their fault. No, you take nothing away from Tom.
Speaker 1: Yeah's right, because you're you're at the mercy of your schedule.
Speaker 5: Well, while we're on that topic of the playoff, what they need to do with the they've messed up the playoffs from the start. It needs to be a sixteen team playoff where every conference champion gets in. It's an automatic bid, and you're not giving that. What you're not giving first round buys to anybody that no one deserves a first round By the way college football is now, there may been a time where you had a dominant team that earned the right and they played enough in our conference games where you had knew that the SEC was better than another. But nobody knows what conference is. Is it better? They don't play each other enough to even figure it out. But that way in Division one football, you have every single team that suits up in August has a chance to win the national championship.
Speaker 2: And okay, so when you got when you get to the end of the season.
Speaker 5: So there are eleven there are eleven what is it now? It's nine conferences? What it's ten with the PAC twelve.
Speaker 2: So all of them have the same format in regards to once the end of the season happens, we still play a conference playoff, a championship game.
Speaker 5: Correct, that determines that determines your conference champion.
Speaker 2: And so at the first goal, everyone didn't have a conference correct.
Speaker 5: In that way, for every Division one team in America, your number one goal is to win the conference. You win your conference, you're one of the nine teams that get automatic bids. And now there would be seven other teams, which is the at large number right now? It's right now, there's five conferences that go. Okay, the top five conference champions get in and they're seven at large. What it needs to be is you have all nine conference champions get automatic bids. That will save the American Athletic Conference. If you if you go around and look at college football games, when Akron is playing Northern Yland or whatever, there's nobody in the stand. Nobody cares about They got nothing to play for Tuesday, Nay, absolutely nothing to play for. Okay, a bowl game. At the end of bowl games, don't know anything exactly. Every school in America then would have some a champiionship to play for. You play for your conference championship. Then you get in the tournament just like March Madness, and and then the number one team in the country is playing the number one team out of whatever the MAC or whatever conference it is. But and you can have upsets. You know, Northern Illinois can beat Oregon Oregon. But anyway, that's where it needs to be. Wants us to talk, You want cowboys?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Let me see if you go back to the cow Maybe he wants to chime in on Prime.
Speaker 2: No, if he wanted to shout me and he would have come in here.
Speaker 1: So he shot he said, no one will ever be happy. It started with two, then four, now goes straight to.
Speaker 2: Twelve and sixteen.
Speaker 5: He wants sixteen because I don't want first round byes. Nobody deserves the first round by So.
Speaker 1: This was this was the most pure state championship. When I was in high school in Illinois, every basketball team got in the state tournament. They started from scratch. Then Oklahoma, there was no classifications. It was one classification.
Speaker 2: So what's what's the regular season for it?
Speaker 1: Then for seeding in your regional? Okay, yeah, but other than that, everybody got well, look look what happens here in Texas. There's playoff games. Teams are winning sixty to ten. What's that ten team doing in the playoffs?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: They got so many in. But the neat thing was some of the small schools in southern Illinois used to make it to state. It was pretty cool they did the same I was going to say they did the same thing in Indiana. By the way, it was a.
Speaker 5: There was one team from each district that made the playoffs, right, that was it, And we weren't one of them. My sophomore year. We didn't anyway, all right, we oh, we got the Agent zero story when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 7: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Scott kits it slide for the first.
Speaker 6: Down, investate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfect throw my goodness, Wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 6: Visit Block Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Cup, the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Liberal Company, fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 3: Devict shuts.
Speaker 2: And go. Ever since Cowboys Nation, Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at nfl dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 5: Okay, we got someone here wants to get fam you into the college football playoffs.
Speaker 3: No, I'm good, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You can't even get into the Black College.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't get out the sweat. Yeah, the sweat you didn't get out of swash.
Speaker 3: Ain't worry about fans.
Speaker 5: Where's last time, Famu? You played Grambling?
Speaker 2: Last year? I don't know. Beat this last year? The good last year, the.
Speaker 3: Wind and sweat. Now we finally joined the swag eight hundred years.
Speaker 1: SWAT Championships this week right the weekend. Jackson phil State Jackson State was a Jackson State.
Speaker 5: Jackson erected that that was.
Speaker 2: At Jackson State for three years and you can call it Jacksonville.
Speaker 5: Well there was Jackson there is.
Speaker 1: But I thought, I read, man.
Speaker 3: Bro, don't do that say Missouri mules.
Speaker 2: State call of Missouri.
Speaker 1: State, Missouri state, Sury state mules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's where you went. Is that where you went to? Missouri State.
Speaker 1: But you guys know what you're talking about. That's why you don't know your jobs.
Speaker 2: Did you go there? Missouri State, Missouri State, Jacksonville State, and Jackson different states?
Speaker 1: That what?
Speaker 2: But Nate didn't coach that.
Speaker 1: I didn't say he.
Speaker 5: Did prime primers at Jackson State, Colorado. And that's gonna be with the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yes, even.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, is there not a Jacksonville State?
Speaker 2: Why do you caring?
Speaker 12: But that's that's deal with this conversation. So it's Jackson State, yes, Jackson State, yes, So you got Jackson Jackson State.
Speaker 3: So he asked, y'all where y'all plays y'all classic yesterday? No, they did not play in Missouri the Classic between Grambling and all of that.
Speaker 2: Mercedes with anything as Jacksonville State yesterday. Nothing bringing up Jackson State. I can't believe you. Maybe I'm offended.
Speaker 3: I've never seen messing up this man. I've never seen you messing up.
Speaker 1: What if I what if I said, uh that Grambling.
Speaker 3: Was in it was what in Missouri.
Speaker 4: In the playoffs? You guys are ridiculous. Where did you go to school in him?
Speaker 1: Okay, so what if I said Southern was playing Florida and m I got the wrong school.
Speaker 3: No, right, Southern was playing Florida and him. That means they wouldn't be in the Classic.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not talking about the Classic.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: First base.
Speaker 1: We're going to get people to call in. I keep getting.
Speaker 5: What's on second on first I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't give the short stop.
Speaker 3: I got day.
Speaker 2: Thank you Nate for that.
Speaker 1: Con Thanks Nate.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you love what the twelve team the twelve teen. That's when he came me to tell you the first place I love the twelve team, said, oh man, you're the only one if say sixteen. I haven't heard anybody else say six.
Speaker 5: Well they need them start talking sixteen after this.
Speaker 2: When they do that, I will give you some credit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Agent zero, rookie, Yes, and I have your question in here. So just okay, if you want to do it now, we do it right now. All right, let's listen to the Marvion talking about the number zero. Okay, last year you wore number thirty five in camp here before you got hurt. Now you're wearing number thirteen. How did you do to settle on thirteen?
Speaker 10: Well, as soon as that they made the rule that NFL players can wear zero. I like the first dollars cowboy to wear zero, like it's just meant to be. Sadly, you know it didn't happen like that. You know that's rowdy number. And you know, I guess me and Rowdy gonna have to duke it out. But Rowdy my guy, And so I think mister Jones is going to hold on to that, to that number for a while, hopefully. You know, thirteen looks so good on the field. He'd be like, you know what, you can have zero, But thirteen is just a number that I've always been told my lucky number. Me and my son shed the same. Well, my birthday is both on the thirteen.
Speaker 5: Your goal, though, is to be number zero whenever Rowdy decides that you've played well enough to earn number zero.
Speaker 10: Right, I'm not a I'm not saying it's well, I am saying, you know, Rowdy, if you ever, you ever just want to sit down and we can we can have a conversation. I tell you how much zero mean to me. Maybe we can have a little quick jersey change just for a game, just to see how it looks on me. If it don't look good. If it looks better on Rowdy, I give it back to him. But I promise you Rowdy like I would make that zero shine.
Speaker 2: Just like you do. There you go, that's funny. It's funny, don't you like to mar Yeah, he's funny like that.
Speaker 5: Rowdy's actually number double zero.
Speaker 2: Have to say he's double zero.
Speaker 5: So Rowdy could keep number double zero and then de Marbon could have numbers.
Speaker 1: You think hen that or somethody told him that what he did that in this is rookie No, this was this year. I thought you said it was this rookie year.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The one he sent me was his rookie year.
Speaker 5: The six video videt for the whole first segment looking through the interview, going don't you.
Speaker 1: Know the difference between twenty twenty three and twenty twenty especially when.
Speaker 5: Number thirty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you send me the wrong videos? Still video.
Speaker 5: That was his why training cats? Why producer Supreme? His producer Supreme. He still was able to.
Speaker 2: Go, fine, I found the video, so he's willing to duke it out. He said that was Yeah, that would be hilarious. Take it out with.
Speaker 1: Hilary.
Speaker 2: Now that's what I think he deserves it. I do, especially when you're talking double zero persons zero.
Speaker 1: It might be more competitive than the boxing match we just said, add.
Speaker 5: You do you like the number zero? Would you ever like to when when you're playing, if you could wear the number zero? Would you have liked to warn the number zero?
Speaker 2: It doesn't to me. Certain numbers go with certain positions, even with this new thing we got going uh to me, zero ship doesn't look well on the defensive back. Yeah, that's just the defensive back. I can see zero on a linebacker, a stud linebacker. I can see zero. I can see zero on the stud linebacker, a little linebacker. Yeah, number zero that looked.
Speaker 5: Good, especially with a with a last name that starts with an oh like overshown.
Speaker 9: Wow, that would be Can you get doubles just like just like just like the zero everybody but the greatest there, they're the greatest double zero get.
Speaker 5: But double zero is great for Jim Auto. He's only Jim out. And that was perfect because otto you got an O and an oh wow.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only in that sense you get double wall in double two's double threes, Yeah, you can get that.
Speaker 2: But double zero. No, that's that's a loser. That's a loser. Zero for a linebacker is good. I wouldn't have zero for alignment, and.
Speaker 5: They can't because they've got restrictions still they finally, no, they do have restrictions. You have to be from an offensive lineman. Offensive lineman, you have restrictions fifty to seventy nine.
Speaker 2: So running back, I can see zero in the running back. That'd be nice. Agent zero is good.
Speaker 5: I like that, I think, But I think Bucky Irving war zero at Oregon, Oregon.
Speaker 1: DB's was in Jacksonville State.
Speaker 2: I think DB's I guess I look at us a little more of the cool guys. You know, we're the ones that more independent. We don't depend on anybody at all. But back then, you do like single digits, single digits, that was number nine, they grambling. I thought that was all that. And they always called me a little nine because my dad he was he was a big man, and uh, they called him, say so big, he's almost one hundred, he said. They just called him big ninety nine. That was what they called him, big ninety nine. They would have called him his name, just big ninety nine. So then I became little nine back at Grahamar So they still called me that today.
Speaker 5: So if there were single digits back in the day, you would have taken number nine here, Oh, no doubt, Romo would have know.
Speaker 2: I would have taken six as well. I would have had anywhere from nine to anywhere from nine to five, nine to five, I would have taken. By the way, do we have time? Oh sorry, Chris, I got a story. I know it's time to go. But I was honored at the Bayou Classic. Uh this past weekend. They have this u G nation gen nation, yeah, g nation goog and they gave me an award, uh just a little uh, a little trophy, and I gave a little speech and on a couple of my guys there. They were really good guys to me. So yeah, that was a really emotional moment. I had a good time with it. We have raised some money for the guys and it was a nice little grumbling the event. My wife was there, you know, my two buddies was there, Mike Kynes and and Jerry.
Speaker 1: Heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, because I talked about the white scales. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: But I liked it hearing that story.
Speaker 2: It was good. It was good. I had a good time and most of them everything you want a Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Do you, I was gonna be good because we're avoiding we're avoiding the Hall of Fame tidbit.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, we forgot about that.
Speaker 5: We don't need to talk about the hall of fame tidbit.
Speaker 1: Right, just say senior finalists Maxie Bond, Sterling Sharp and Jim tyro.
Speaker 5: Tyer who played for the Dallas Texans and Kansas City Chiefs SO and then Mike Holmer and as the coach finalists.
Speaker 1: Ralph Hay was a contributor. There was one one more I think.
Speaker 2: No so no grambling, no grambling.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this when we walked off. He said that Cowboys need another cornerback. It was mentioned to me that Ammani ober Wirier is eligible to come off into the reserve. He went in October thirtieth, so that should be for four weeks, right, mm hm. And they could start his practice thing practice period this week, so that would somewhat help out if he's so.
Speaker 5: He is in a position in his rehab where he is ready.
Speaker 2: It sounded like it, Yes, we needed God dropping like flies man.
Speaker 1: Well, they got to get Trayvon Diggs back on the field.
Speaker 2: You think that the extra day with help.
Speaker 1: Well, he's had three weeks of extra days.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with it? I think it was What's sufficient?
Speaker 5: Calf is that one on who there was a groin injury.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's tough coming back from going well, he was questionable and he didn't get back.
Speaker 2: It's tough. That's one of the injuries I had that had to sit out the whole second half against the Minnesota Vikings once. Just man, they had to tape it up so tight. I couldn't move. What or go ahead?
Speaker 1: How do you tape up?
Speaker 2: Well, it was a pull down the right and they just taped it up as really tight, really tight. Yeah, it didn't do any good. I couldn't run. They didn't get any better. I couldn't run. That's what they tried, just at that moment. I got better though, within a week, right, yeah, I got better within the week. Our goings are different. I wouldn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like if you pull your hands Jill, Yeah, yeah, so anyway, they that would help if Trayvon's not ready to go, Because we talked about how they ended the game with Jordan Lewis outside and mclamu in the slot and then Bland playing and that one.
Speaker 2: So we can't we can't do We can't put mccuamu on the on the outside and put Jordan where he belongs.
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: So they're gonna find him either way. So I say you put Jordan where Jordan belongs and let him continue there. And it's easier to play. Can you outside corner?
Speaker 1: You can double the outside corner?
Speaker 2: You have to and and he had When you have just the sidelines to your back, then you have less to think about. So he should be on the outside and put Jordan back where he belongs. Now you have two guys out of the position, right. I hope that's what they end up doing at least, But what if what if you're just in.
Speaker 1: Regular defense and you just got two corners on.
Speaker 2: The field, Well, then you've got you know, you have no more linebackers.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, if you're playing two corners, one of them's Bland. Do you want Jordan out on the outside or do.
Speaker 2: You want I would use Jordan on the outside, and when they move them back and move them back inside, let the formation dictate it.
Speaker 1: In that what Tampa Bay did with Barber.
Speaker 2: That's what they did with Giants. Did that with me?
Speaker 1: Started outside?
Speaker 2: You started outside and on third down and with the inside.
Speaker 1: I will have to relay that I probably haven't.
Speaker 2: Thought of that.
Speaker 5: Okay, And uh we'll leave you with this. Jacksonville State is in Conference USA and they are coached by Rich Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: Really wow.
Speaker 5: Their nickname the game cocks.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: And that does it for mix shots. Got anything to add to that? No, okay, So there you go. So they will not be playing in the SWACK Championship game.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound like no?
Speaker 5: All right, and we will talk at you again tomorrow here on mix shots.
Speaker 4: Oh cowboys, but they could have been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.