Speaker 1: Hey, the folks, it is Thursday, June twenty fifth, and the Knicks just won the NBA Championship for the first time in fifty three years. Surely there's not going to be a bigger event of any kind that takes place at Madison Square Garden this year. Hold my beer, says Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey and with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Is it happening or is it not? This is kind of fun right now, ro.
Speaker 2: It is fun. So this has been going on for a few weeks. We have not done anything on this.
Speaker 3: We've actually considered reporting on this on our morning run podcast every morning where we do our daily headlines, because we're like, wait, hold up, this seems perhaps like a rumor, this can't be true. But now know the New York Times they are claiming that they have confirmed that Taylor Swift has rented Madison Square Garden for the fourth of July weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, so why would one do that? The speculation is and that's all it is. But this is fun, This isn't This is just right now a fun, buzzy story robe. So this the idea, there's she's gonna get married Taylor Swift. We don't do royal weddings. We don't have that, and it's very rare robes. Damn it. We should have looked it up ahead of time. I don't know what would compare, but a wedding of this scale when you're bringing together two big stars, sure, one of them the biggest on the planet, the other super Bowl champion and still a big star and media in his own right. And they come from two industries, sports and so there's something for the fellas. And then you have she's got the biggest fan base you can imagine, you bring that together. This is this is really it was really special. I don't know what they plan on doing, but right now it's just kind of fuzz. That's fun to have everybody buzz.
Speaker 2: Look, I so correct.
Speaker 3: This is the closest I think America has ever gotten in recent times to a royal wedding.
Speaker 2: This is our version of it. Truly.
Speaker 3: I cannot think of anything that comes close. But then imagine, so I'm thinking a lot of us were thinking she's going to go somewhere exotics, somewhere far away. She's going to do Look, Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez went to Venice, so.
Speaker 1: He kissed off Venice.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes they did.
Speaker 3: But go and do something they wouldn't get the same kind of reception as those two. So they could really go anywhere in the world and it would be gorgeous and extravagant.
Speaker 2: But to think, so I said this to you, I said, Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 3: Why, like you know, you're thinking, I'm thinking romantic backdrop, you know, sweeping landscape, the hills of Tuscany, the I don't know, the cliffs overlooking Croatia, on a yacht in the middle of whatever awesome Caribbean waters. So I'm just thinking what Madison Square Garden seems. So, I don't know, sweaty and not romantic, and you mentioned something that I had not even considered.
Speaker 1: There ain't a window in the place. Think of every image, even if you've never been to Madison Square Garden, you've seen images of Madison Square Garden and it looks like a bowl upside down. It's just sit there. You can't see robes. There's complete privacy. She could come into that place underneath where the players do never have to breathe fresh air outside, she never has to be seen outdoors. At all. It offers a security and a privacy and an intimacy like you can't really get a lot of places, even though it's smack dab in the center of the center of the universe.
Speaker 2: Ain't that ironic?
Speaker 3: Literally she would be if this is true, she would be at the center of the world, in the center of the center, and have complete and total privacy and security, which are two things that someone who is of the stature that Taylor Swift is and Travis Kelcey are now together, those are two things you can't buy.
Speaker 2: And yet they.
Speaker 3: Found perhaps the perfect place in the middle of the busiest place that you could think of, and doing it on a weekend that is celebratory, coming on the heels of the biggest celebration that that stadium has seen this century. So if you think about all of that, it's kind of freaking amazing that she would be getting married there.
Speaker 1: And the timing of it is going to be problematic. We'll get into that in a second.
Speaker 3: I was thinking how cool it was for her, though, to be celebrating the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of this country and to be celebrating the first NBA Championship of her beloved New York Knicks all.
Speaker 2: Now while celebrating her long awaited nuptials.
Speaker 1: And the place makes sense also, Robes, because of where these two come from. This is an arena, this is she is an entertainer. This is almost her workplace. This is her home, this is where she's comfortable. He is also in entertainment in sports. Yes, Robes, it makes sense, and it allows her to allow people in without letting them in. Right. Yes, it could be a headache for the city, but doesn't it give people a It's almost like a Taylor Swift mecca and you can come that weekend, Welcome to New York, honor her that weekend. Robes. Really, it's so it's almost like she's sharing it without fully sharing it, letting people in without doing so. I'm sure they would build something out there to where they would finally step out and wave and do oh my god, they would be in sane. But yes, it's going to be a mess if that's the case.
Speaker 2: But for all the good reasons.
Speaker 3: I'm sure some people will be cursing her name and upseid that it's causing them to have to do whatever. But yeah, the New York Times getting this information and they actually got a lot of specific details about what we're looking at here. So the headline of the article was New York prepares for an event at MSG. Clues point to you know who. Yes, and so I thought that was clever and cute. But yes, they are saying that they have confirmed that details that suggest a multiple day event at Madison Square Garden with an entertainment industry executive who said Taylor Swift had rented.
Speaker 1: Okay, I the language there.
Speaker 3: Language new details confirmed by the New York Times suggest a multi day event at MSG.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very carefully lawyer.
Speaker 1: An industry executs. You'd have said miss Swift had rented the sources and entertainment industry the wording there, I'm not sure what they're dancing around.
Speaker 3: It was very carefully gone through guy their lawyers, is what that read to me.
Speaker 2: But look, so they actually gave these additional details.
Speaker 3: That their source gave them that on July second, the garden was rented for an event for about one hundred people, and then on July third, it was rented for an event for approximately one thousand people.
Speaker 1: And they again, this is they are reporting. This is all New York Times reporting, and some of these details are three times sourced. Yes, but the suggestion was that the wedding might not take place there, that this could be set up for a celebration of some kind and even performances given. Obviously they'll be Grammy winners in the room. Probably probably, So that was a suggestion as well. Even if the nuptials don't take place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they might do something somewhere intimate and then come to MSG to celebrate with close friends, family, and yes, other celebrities. So they also, in addition to securing that information, they also say there are permits that have been filed in connection with these events at MSG.
Speaker 1: So this is where things get interesting, and this is.
Speaker 3: Where yes, she has to be careful and she knows this, I'm sure, and so does Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 2: Not to upset the apple cart too much. The big apple cart to.
Speaker 3: Close a bunch of streets on a very busy weekend here in the city, but they filed to close streets for the whole weekend.
Speaker 2: That seems insane to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know what streets they might be talking.
Speaker 2: About around Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 1: So what is that that's on the south side. Was that thirty, it's thirty thirty first.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like thirty first, thirty second, thirty third somewhere around there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you just do a round, there's no way you can shut off the avenues. That you can't do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they were able to do, but they maybe they're just closing maybe one street, because they've actually asked for a tent outside. So if that's some sort of reception area, some sort of red carpet area, but it was filed by a production company, Winnick Productions, that's an event planner, and they've asked for a tent that they say would house five hundred to one thousand or nine hundred ninety nine attendees. But a tent outside of Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a reception But maybe it's just a red carpet or all interesting. I think, yes, okay, that's what I was thinking. There's no way there would be space for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can close, yes, I could see.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just a street a block.
Speaker 1: Again, there we go, that would make more sense. There's no way you can close seventh or eighth Avenue on fourth of July weekend in New York.
Speaker 2: Maybe you close thirty third Street between seventh and eighth.
Speaker 1: There's something thereout so it's thirty first like you were saying thirty first on the south side, and it is thirty third on the north side. So either one that makes a little more sense.
Speaker 3: So one of those streets will be closed off so guests could arrive and be shielded from paparazzi. Yes, so that way they can have some sort of barricade, some sort of way these folks can walk in and out and not feel like they're getting photographed.
Speaker 1: And as people are piecing it together again, it's called the title of the New York Times article said new clues. Right, everybody's piecing together their clues and rogues. They even have clues. I don't know who.
Speaker 2: I love this one.
Speaker 1: He was giving this information up. But they they shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Oh please, everyone has sources.
Speaker 3: I think we came to learn this in hotels, dorman, berelines, gate agents.
Speaker 2: And airlines.
Speaker 3: Yes, when they see celebrities, some of those folks absolutely have a speed dial or a text ready to go to whatever tabloid or magazine or whomever they want to let know, Hey, this person's on this plane, this person's staying at this hotel, and they know to a mass and wait for them, and there's a little kickback.
Speaker 2: So I don't think this is shocking.
Speaker 3: At all that somehow some folks in the Marriott Marquee are singing because they have told the New York Times that there are several Kansas City Chiefs players who now have secured hotel rooms at the Marriott Marquee for that very weekend, the fourth of July weekend.
Speaker 1: It's a popular time in New York.
Speaker 3: Probably, I think I think that was really fun. I liked that extra detail.
Speaker 1: Okay, now how about this ropes? What are the chances this is a huge rouse? What are the chances?
Speaker 3: I think it's a possibility. Maybe she's doing a big performance, a big concert.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not the actual wedding.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's not the actual wedding.
Speaker 3: But either way, I think it's kind of fun and I'm excited about the speculation. And hey, I love again when we do get to do these rare stories about something fun and exciting and about love and celebrating love.
Speaker 1: Yet this is there's one I don't know. I'm not I haven't been. I admire both of them. Even though I wouldn't qualify as necessarily a fan of either of them. I admire from afar what they are. I applaud them. I am fans of what they've accomplished, and I was always rooting for them in their story and it sounds cool, and here they are. So this is just exciting if it comes to New York, this is our town. It's exciting ropes to think that these two in this biggest wedding. I can't think of one. I was trying to google one while we were sitting here. What would be the equivalent of this type of wedding I.
Speaker 3: Would the only person or the only people I could think of were JFK.
Speaker 2: Junior and Carolyn Bassett.
Speaker 3: But like that was basically the only other wedding I can think of the people were excited about where I can remember what her wedding dress looked like.
Speaker 1: But I remember that one picture.
Speaker 3: I don't know Gerry, Like, I can't think of another big wedding even I'm trying to even think celebrity wise.
Speaker 2: To the level of two.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there are big celebrities that maybe marry someone who's not a big celebrity as well. It's just there's a They're just two huge stars, right, He's one of the.
Speaker 3: And like you said, from two different places, like one from sports, one from entertainment, so you just get so many fans.
Speaker 1: This is incredible that this could be happening. However, if we were going to take issue at all, not to say we are, but if we had any complaint about shutting down traffic in New York, we have very good reason for being concerned. On fourth of July weekend.
Speaker 3: Stay here, Welcome back everyone to this episode of Amy and TJ. We are we're we are joining in on all the fun speculative.
Speaker 2: Guesses people are making. Where could Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey get married?
Speaker 3: I am on board for Madison Square Garden July third, fourth of July weekend. And look, the New York Times says they have their sources and they have confirmed that Taylor Swift has rented. We know that she has at least rented Madison Square Garden that weekend. Now what she does with the arena is anyone's guest. But I think yes, a lot of us do believe that this actually could be if not the wedding itself, the wedding reception, the wedding celebration. They're supposed to be events planned on Friday and Saturday. Street closures announced apparently Kansas City Chiefs players renting out hotel rooms in the city, confirmed by The New York Times. But you know what we mentioned the weekend, Fourth of July weekend, there are just a few things go going on here in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: It's a lot happening that we can't run.
Speaker 2: Just a few things.
Speaker 1: It's not got they moved fleet week right, This is always a really cool, fun time in New York. It's usually on Memorial Day, right, I believe, right, But yeah, you have service members in town and there are there's a parade of ships that goes through the Hudson to the New York Harbor. It is a fun, cool time and it brings in people from all over.
Speaker 3: You see sailors from everywhere walking the streets, so many men and women in uniform. It really does transform the city to see them here on Memorial Day weekend normally. But now we've got them here for the fourth of July, which is also drawing huge, huge crowds because yes, it's the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of our country and while many eyes will be on Washington d C.
Speaker 2: Here in New York City around the Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 3: Here in Lower Manhattan, we're gonna have they say, the biggest fireworks display ever in honor of the biggest anniversary ever. So we've just got so people are going to be flocking to the city for that, just to take part in the action here with a Statue of Liberty in the background, the symbol of American freedom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a few things going on. And did we mention, oh.
Speaker 3: There's the World Cup, So July fifth, we have a match here. So also folks will be in town for whoever is here. I don't know what teams are, if it's set yet for July fifth yet, but we know there's a game being played. That means there are going to be a bunch of foreign tourists here just specifically for the World.
Speaker 1: Cup, and so rose to them that certainly is just being here for World Cup in New York is a once in a lifetime opportunity. And now you tell me I can go be a part of the wedding of the biggest pop star on the planet Rams that they're going to turn mittwn. Okay, even if they close one street, the police are going to have to close a bunch that ROMs.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine this is going to be?
Speaker 3: Look for all the best reasons, I should add, It's going to be a bustling, bustling New York like we haven't seen in a while. And you know what, I actually say cheers to that. I do know that the NYPD and our folks here in this city know how to handle the crowds.
Speaker 2: They know how to handle difficult.
Speaker 3: Situations, and so I trust them, and I think this is exciting.
Speaker 2: There's nothing.
Speaker 3: All of those things we mentioned are all awesome things. So I think that's pretty cool. Celebrating our naval men and women, celebrating our nation and what it took to make it to two hundred and.
Speaker 2: Fifty, celebrating.
Speaker 3: Excellency in soccer, in football, and bringing the world together, and then yeah, bringing Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift together. It's kind of an awesome weekend and I'm excited we're not traveling. We're actually going to be here for it, so we'll be able to take.
Speaker 1: It all in before we go. Can I have some fun with you on Celebrity Big Time Celebrity weddings. Oh yeah, have I missed the Oh no, no, But trying to think of anything that would rise to them, and I turned my computer. That would you peeking? Okay, what would rise to the level? Okay, I'm gonna go back to I'm gonna start with nineteen ninety. I'm gonna go mostly with the US ones, Nicole Kitman and Tom Cruise, Okay, Kelly Preston and John Travolta, Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Well, that's kind of a big one, but I don't think it was as big as it could have been because I don't think anybody was buying it.
Speaker 1: But he greatest, she is a family, fine, but.
Speaker 2: Real love. Can we just be honest here?
Speaker 1: Okay, So that didn't rise to the level of royal wedding, if you will.
Speaker 2: It didn't because it felt like it was forced. It was more like an arranged marriage.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is where I'm gonna start having some fun with you, Okay, Pamela Anderson.
Speaker 2: And Tommy are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Ok gonna have a little fun, Sarah, Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess if you're into actors on actors, I just like a theatrical got.
Speaker 1: One for you, Okay, Jennifer Andison and Brad Pitt.
Speaker 3: That was a big one, but I was more like invested in their divorce and upset about that.
Speaker 2: I don't really even remember their wedding. It's also this is.
Speaker 1: Great you have commentary on all of them. I love it. I'm only up to two thousand and one. We'll get through Halle Berry, Eric Bennet, Okay, Jessica Simpson, Nick Lache, Gwyneth Paltrown, Chris Martin, cool Britney Spears and Kevin feederline. Damn it, I couldn't get.
Speaker 2: That out street Yeah right exactly, Okay.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck. I can't remember how big it was, just like that sweet Okay, here we go, Tom Cruise again.
Speaker 3: Katie Holmes, Okay, well that was just bizarre. All I can think of is him jumping on the couch with Oprah. That's all I can think.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got two good ones for you, back to back now, ok Beyonce and jay Z.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand that other than a business this arrangement, what are.
Speaker 1: You talking about? What are you talking about? What are you talk? Okay, yes, whatever, just because.
Speaker 2: Of it just didn't feel real either. It didn't now it still doesn't.
Speaker 1: They still don't have any kids, they're raising a family, they're doing well.
Speaker 2: I think that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, gracious, how you yes? Oh well, they look, every relationship goes through this thing. I forgot they have.
Speaker 3: Here's where I think, though, is here's the distinction between what and what. Well, I'm just saying, between what we're anticipating and what. All the different unions you just mentioned, there was no like anticipation of a wedding or a spectacle of a wedding, or wanting to see those images. And look, I think if Taylor and Travis are as savvy as I think they are, they will give the public what they want a little something, because it does separate like everyone else has been private underground.
Speaker 2: And you just I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Any of their wedding photos, all those couples you mentioned, not in not one of those couples, could I see the wedding dressed or could I remember the photo? Like to be fully invested, you have to kind of be taken along. And I do think Travis and Taylor have been smart in how much they've given us, just enough to continue to be invested, but not opening up their entire lives. But they do share, and so I'm thinking if they do share part of their wedding, they will then rise to that level that no one else really has reached, because I'm not as invested.
Speaker 1: Beyonce and jay Z certainly did not do that. They had a small wedding at like a yeahouse, they're in New York. Giselle and Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Like Imber, I don't remember their wedding.
Speaker 1: Jessica, Bill, Justin Timerlake, John Legend, Chrissy Teagan, Kanye and Kim Karnashian don't.
Speaker 2: I don't remember any of their wedding dresses.
Speaker 1: I'm all, George, was that a big deal?
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 3: Maybe that one kind of rose to another level, but I'm all, isn't American, so it doesn't feel like.
Speaker 1: Megan Markle's American. But that was a very royal wedding.
Speaker 3: Obviously, that wedding one hundred It was a royal wedding, Yeah, absolutely, but that one, yeah, one hundred percent, that rose to that crazy level. And I do think that Taylor and Travis are the next closest thing to that of all the couples you mentioned. You know, I was, I'm sorry, I was just being a little funny and starky, and.
Speaker 2: Maybe too much so.
Speaker 3: But it's just that I don't remember ever being invested in any of their weddings or where they were getting married, how they were getting married.
Speaker 2: Who was there.
Speaker 3: It was like, Oh, if I read about it, I would think that's cool.
Speaker 2: But I've never seen anticipation like this.
Speaker 1: But is that only because of who it is?
Speaker 3: Possibly and because of how much they share, not too much, but just enough where you want to know.
Speaker 1: Bro, she's the biggest. She has to have the biggest fan base that I have ever witnessed besides BTS.
Speaker 3: Maybe yes, for an American Yes, I would agree. For an American singer, entertainer, pop artist. She absolutely is the queen.
Speaker 1: Well, this is fun. This is going to be fun to keep an eye on and see what's capping around Madison Square Garden. But yes, we will be here fourth fourth of July weekend. We always appreciate you spending a little time with us on TJ on behalf of my dear Amy Robot. We'll talk to you you