Speaker 1: Alright, we're good.
Speaker 2: You like.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys, hanging with the bell.
Speaker 4: Betting on a game.
Speaker 5: No woman's gonna tell us what.
Speaker 6: You can not be. We're here.
Speaker 5: Just drinking beer and.
Speaker 1: Making n baby.
Speaker 3: I'm hanging with the Fellers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: As Will Commson clears his throat, I want to welcome everyone to another episode of Busting with the Boys. In is episode two eighty seven. And if you're joining us for the first time, you're about to find out. If you've been joining us for a long time, you already know that we are Chevy Podcast. Gentlemen, get ready because this well that's this is a sport clip ad. So I need to see Chevy.
Speaker 5: You know what you know. Let's back up.
Speaker 2: Let's back back up. Yep.
Speaker 5: Let's take a reset. It's been a long couple of days. Reset the entire couple of days. Let's reset the entire practice.
Speaker 2: Could you mind cleaning your throat from me real quick?
Speaker 5: Let's reset.
Speaker 2: We're resetting as well, Compton reset? Uh? Well, reset again, reset again. Had a false start right after a base as Will Compton clears his throat, uh, And we get into this episode. I want to let everybody know that this is episode two eighty seven, and if you're joining us for the first time, you're about to find out. And if you've been with us for a long time, you already know that we are a Chevy podcast. Bust with the Boys is presented by Chevy. This is a Chevy podcast. The greatest truck's ever built, and our good friends at Chevrolet have been a big part of the Bust and family and even our personal lives. The boy to my right here as a ZR two. It's a very beautiful truck. Chevy Silver Wa a long time awesome partner of the show. A truck with commanding and unstoppable grit, legendary k ability and dependability too. So find out for yourself, dude, Like so many of our boys, head to Chevy dot com, check out all the Chevy trucks great and build your own Silver Rado for do it yourself projects to off road trips, to road trips, offered adventures, to tailgates, whatever your thing is, it all starts with a Chevy Silverado. And that's how you start a podcast. It is a lot of people want to do it and they want to cut that out. We don't do that here at Busting.
Speaker 5: With the Boys, right, and if you are watching and newly tuned into Busting.
Speaker 2: With the Boys, I'm assuming a lot of people are.
Speaker 5: Yeah big, I mean we had a big dog, big dog. We had a big dog, big dog. But make sure you are subscribed. Hit that little subscribe button for the Boys. I want to say, JP threw a stat out there the separation and people that actually view our show, even reoccurring fans of view our show and then subscribeer rate. There's like a massive gap right in it.
Speaker 6: Like on one particular video it was seventy five percent people were unsubscribed to the channel that watched.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, make make sure you're subscribed to the Boys. I know a we're a male dominant dominated podcast, so I know the boys, the fellas out there can forget to do stuff. They gotta get reminded all the time. So you got to just drill it in their head. Make sure you subscribe. Make sure you're subscribe. Make sure you're subscribed.
Speaker 2: Speaking of forgetting to do stuff or forgetting things in general, I forgot my valet ticket at bna Ah. You would have thought it was Fort Knox and and a lot of people here for RFK obviously, but you're gonna hear it. This is a bit of a therapy session as well for me because last couple of days do we've been we flew to Detroit. From Detroit, flew to Houston. From Houston, flew back to Nashville's you know, up late, up early type of things, burning the candle up, both ends in the sense of not getting a whole lot of sleep. So we are sitting in Houston, so ready to be home.
Speaker 5: So excited, so exciting. Like you said, we're landing every night at probably midnight in the hotel, waking up early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll just say six, even though it's probably like, yeah, we got four thirty before, right around the time, and you know.
Speaker 5: I always wake up before to just to compete with Jocko Willie.
Speaker 2: Yeah I have to, Yeah, I have to. Someone's got to take that man down. You're the man to do it. So you can imagine I'm a little bit tired at this point. I get to the BNA, which is the Nashville Airport valets, and this guy sitting in front of me, I say, hey, listen, I lost my ticket, But in my head, I've lost my ticket a dozen times. It's not been a big deal ever.
Speaker 5: Oh really, no, I've done it before and I will never do it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, because that must have been what happened to me. Yeah, because I'm talking to a lady. She's like, hey, unless like your the registration matches your address or the name on it where we're not gonna be able to give you the vehicle. And I'm like, all good, bring it up. I have the registration. It's under one of my LLCs, but I have the same address on it. It should be no problem. She was fine. The guy behind her, who thought he was literally the king of all valets to ever rule valets, goes, we're not giving you the vehicle. He allows me to go in the vehicle. I pull out a sign that you go get my cars my kids for pickup, says Lawan. On it. My card, says Lawan. My license says Lawan. I pull out the registration same address as my my driver's license, and he's just not having it.
Speaker 5: And I to the point, what do you mean he's not having one?
Speaker 2: He will not let me take the vehicle.
Speaker 5: Why would he not be like, okay, this all makes sense.
Speaker 2: You you you will get him on the bus and ask him, okay, because I go, I go, I go, Bro. I literally I have the app on my phone. It's a test. That's my wife's car. I can just watch. I turned the horn on in the horn honk.
Speaker 5: And what is his response.
Speaker 2: He's like, sorry, unless you have unless your name on the registration is the same. I was like, my name is not No Bad Days. What do you mean it's no one's name is No Bad Days. And he like he's he's giving me a hard time, blah blah blah, And I go, bro, are you fucking serious that that loud?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 2: Are you fucking serious?
Speaker 5: It's yes, and listen, it's not like a tailor move, like you can tell when he's mad, but it's never direct. Are you fucking serious?
Speaker 2: And especially in public? And the thing too, And dude, there are two or three people back there being like tapping him and being like, hey, that's Taylor, Like he played for the Titans and he's got a podcast bust with the boys. Like there's a couple of guys in the back that work for him that are kind of like being for the boy. But I'm not the only thing that I think in my head is like police videos when they're like I play for so and so, and I'm like, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Buddy ends up calling the police.
Speaker 5: Did you show him the Wikipedia?
Speaker 4: What did you show me your Wikipedia?
Speaker 2: Showing the Wikipedia? I learned my lesson with that. But gotta say the ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah that.
Speaker 2: He calls the police and I'm here for thirty minutes. I'm gonna face some of my wife. I'm like, dude, he won't just let me go. And I told him. I was like, what if I just get in my car and leave. He goes, we'll impound the car. Is like, I'll just get in the car and leave then, Like I have the app. He's like, we won't give you the keys. Like I have the app. He looks at his boy and.
Speaker 5: It's a Tesla.
Speaker 2: Bro, I don't need the key. He looks at his boy and goes park it. His boy scurries out the door and goes in parks the car pulls it and you see him like you know how, It's like there's lanes.
Speaker 5: He goes the farthest lane away and I see the cars like a damn near half a mile at this point, it is so far away.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, bro, I am fuming. His manager comes down, and his manager and him were aligned on hating me. It was some small little girl and she was I was like, hey, how you doing, and she just gave me like that the nod, no smile, no facial expression. We're taking your big ass. Yeah, I'm thinking, what are we doing? And the cop pulls up, Cot pulls up, opens the door, looks at me and just smiles and shrugs his shoulders. He's like, hey for the boys, and I was like, yeah, can you let's go? And I'm like telling him, like, bro, I am pretty upset right now, but like I just want to say, we'll get you out of here. Don't worry. They take fifteen more minutes just to get the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, that is so.
Speaker 2: And I'm my head. I'm like, I'm not tipping nothing. But this little dude went back and forth like four times. So I threw him a little cash. I handed him a little cash, but I didn't want to make sure it wasn't on the car because I don't know if they're dipping those tips up. I want him specifically to have that money.
Speaker 5: That's what I was going to ask you about. Like the lady. They had two. They had two of them going. So if you're walking this way, not the lady here, but going around the corner and getting that window.
Speaker 2: Yeah I was. I was first window.
Speaker 5: Gotch.
Speaker 2: I didn't take the extra three steps.
Speaker 5: I went extra three steps because somebody was in line. But she went to they went to get the truck and and I don't think I said anything. That's why I feel like I was. That's why I feel like I got hustled. And I was curious what happened with you? But she goes, uh, you said you want to tip ten? And so I just said yes. And then I was like, I think she just fucking got me.
Speaker 2: I would Karen, I really love and I legit I didn't. I didn't hit the classic phrase, I want to talk to your manager and any think. But here's what buddy did. He started talking to me like he had he had an accent on him, but he was like pronunciating it was words well, very easy and clear. As soon as there was a confrontation, all of a sudden he had a waste stronger accent and he would just repeat things. He was starting to play me like I didn't I already heard you talking good English brother, like, let's hey, dude.
Speaker 5: It maybe it.
Speaker 2: I was so mad, literally was at being in the Bna Valley area for forty five minutes maybe an hour.
Speaker 5: That's tough, man, you went through that, and then what happened.
Speaker 2: I got the car and drove off your phone?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So when I hit him with though, are you fucking serious? I like kind of put my hands out, oh like that, and the phone was on that little counter and it hit I got this phone a week ago.
Speaker 5: A week ago, Oh my goodness, nothing, And.
Speaker 2: That sent me over the edge because I went to go pick it up and I thought it was gonna be fine. I turned it over and I saw it and that sent me into a new atmosphere of mad. But that's where I just ended up getting quiet because I was mad, dude.
Speaker 5: Because it's a great mix of that's everybody else's fault that just happened, but also that's my.
Speaker 2: Fault in your mind that at the moment, it's everyone's faults. So as getting the car and drive off, you're like, you're an idiot. You just to be aggressive with your arm movement. But the cop was a homie dude, shout out the cops. Dude, shout the cops. If you're listening.
Speaker 6: She got to believe that's the mentalist would get out of that situation to check your pocket the registrations there, no question, no question.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's I really wanted to tell that story because it was it was heavy on my heart.
Speaker 5: But hey, a great week overall, great great week.
Speaker 2: We had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, O's came out, We had the Beer Games. All three episodes of the Beer Games are out.
Speaker 2: And if you're a person that is watching RFK for the politics, politics, beer games, we do it all here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess yeah, if you are unaware of what we were talking about, we name change was the Beer Olympics. We had the change to the Beer Games. Obviously copyright and everything else going on, but we have three episodes of the Beer Games. Championships of the World. It took place in Taylor one our boys backyard. Yes we are the champions. Yes we won the whole thing. There were sixteen teams we took on the trophy, but those are out on our YouTube channel as well. RFK. We had a massive opportunity to come up to interview RFK. He came on the bus Secret Services coming in days in advance, dogs coming in and snipers on the river, snipers on the roof. Way better set up than what Trump hadded his rally.
Speaker 2: And yeah, if you're if you're coming on this show to listen to like politics and us.
Speaker 5: Go back and forth. He came to the right place, he came to the wrong place. We asked a lot of political questions.
Speaker 2: We start off, We started off talking about that stuff, but.
Speaker 5: Really we even joked on it so that I know you guys don't like to talk politics and going off of our political questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah we said that, but yes, then he goes we won't talk about politics then. But it was truly like a story time. It was learning about the Kennedy family, him talking about his uncle being on an island and then writing on a coconut coordinates and that's how he got saved. And then once he was his inaugeration was taking place. He invited those guys, but they didn't represent that country well enough, so they sent two other guys. Yeah, it was It was a cool. It was just a really an amazing podcast, one that I really really enjoyed.
Speaker 5: He's an incredible storyteller, he really is. He's very good at starting on one topic, then you completely end up somebody somewhere else. I did ask him what he thought about the Washington commander's name change, so we will die.
Speaker 2: I've got to handle that really well too. Yeah, like a true politician. Yeah, because you know what he really wants.
Speaker 5: I think you can figure out that. You know, he talked about empathizing with that community and everything else, but he was said that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, big vague. People don't want to hear us him say yeah, but yeah, that's what we got today.
Speaker 5: Did you see the opening ceremony with the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I saw a couple of clips and people are pretty upset, and I saw it. There was a smurf and a dish. But we were at the airport, so I really didn't hear the evolut and I didn't. Just had to go look a.
Speaker 5: Lot of a lot of Satanic rituals. Some would say, there's just there's this lady on fire. She's like holding her head, she's headless.
Speaker 2: There's this there's this.
Speaker 5: Pale horse trotting running across with death on its back. The word death, Well, it's like a it's like a call to there's like a there's a spot in the Bible and revelations, right, a pale horse with death, with death riding on its back or from behind or whatever it is, and they're kind of doing that. They also mimic the Last They also mess with the Last Supper. Yeah, and it's like it's like drag queens, and I mean some the first person they show doesn't necessarily represent the Olympics, so this is talking about peak athleticism. And you know, and the guy that guy will show them, will show the officials, so I have to verbally get aggressive.
Speaker 6: The guy that put it on is in charge of organizing the whole opening ceremony. He's Jewish, which adds a whole other layer to the underlyings going on.
Speaker 2: Love a tinfoil hat day.
Speaker 5: This is a prime tinfoil hat ceremony. Like this is where something like that starts gets the crowd going.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to talk it on my ass. But when the Romans they started the Olympics, correct, Greeks, excuse me, thank you Sherman. Wow, that's a tough l but they had they had like very crazy opening ceremonies even then, right, so maybe maybe this is them just kind of going back to their roots in a lot of ways, even though this is in France.
Speaker 5: On that side, we'll be on this side. I'm just playing Devil's keep Taylor over the next few years.
Speaker 2: Well, if she was lady in the middle here supposed to be Jesus, I don't know. I mean she's in the spot. Yeah, I guess so she's in the spot.
Speaker 5: Just a very interesting ceremony. I probably won't watch it one event now.
Speaker 2: Except swimming, except for swimming, and.
Speaker 6: And Dominican verse, Brazil beat follow balls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the things Team USA basketball. I will watch swimming. I watched swimming for the people out there hating that thinks that. I just think swimming.
Speaker 1: Naked a little known fact. Every event.
Speaker 2: Bring it back, Bring it back, dude, that's a good tradition.
Speaker 3: The French would be the ones to bring that back.
Speaker 2: Photo Ho's on Dorsey Flex bad angles? Yeah, no power angles that you see that.
Speaker 5: I hope so badly that South Park, Oh.
Speaker 2: South Park does an amazing job.
Speaker 5: Primetime spot.
Speaker 2: They do a great job.
Speaker 5: Fine bomb, dude, yeah, Finny Bomb.
Speaker 2: What's the deal? He was coming at Michigan last year? Now he said aside, did he come at Michigan last year? He called him like a second tier team, and the SEC is essentially he's he seems like he.
Speaker 5: Was wrong about that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what what was the situation with you?
Speaker 5: He was talking about, don't worry about the big boys at the top. You act like you you're speaking like you said at the table with Ohio State and Georgia. You do not. Then he took a personal shot at Matt Ruhle's NFL coaching coaching years with the Panthers, a personal shot.
Speaker 2: Personal.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, there was no there was it was unnecessary to go after after the boy coach rule and bring that up. Yeah, I get the funks. Listen, Finny Bomb he's playing. He's playing a heady, heady play right there. Because you know that that kind of take galvanizes the Nebraska fan base. Yeah, Like you talk about Nebraska, you're gonna hey, that's good. That's like talking about the Cowboys in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. I mean, regardless of the state of the Nebraska football program and what they're in right now, the fan base does go extremely hard.
Speaker 5: Right. We win every every social media poll out there. We're the national champions of they have everywhere we go.
Speaker 2: Bones are being thrown black shirts all that talk go big Red. Yeah, they really rolled deep.
Speaker 5: And you just you you witnessed somebody like Finneybaum doing that. And he's just like, this is a dying gazelle in the Safari, talking like he's some lion, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: No, but go ahead and the lib right a little more. You're saying the nebrask Corners was gonna eat him alive.
Speaker 5: No, I'm saying Paul Finneybaum himself.
Speaker 2: In this game, he's a gazelle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a dying gazelle in the Safari. Oh, pretending to speak for the lions. You know what I mean. You're not hanging out with the big boys right here close to this.
Speaker 2: He runs back and forth and he just pretends like he's a part of the crew. And really they just make him do a little tricks for him. Yes, he's the younger brother of the older brother.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: That's tough. He sniegeled get his man.
Speaker 5: It looks like a javelin. I could throw twenty yards at least man before we get off of the Olympic should Hey, that could be a teer talk. Do we want a tier talk? Olympic events favorite Olympic events field events, whether it's swimming, whether it's and it could be both winter and summer. Oh you want to throw winter. Maybe we just do summer because it's the Summer Olympics.
Speaker 2: Give me two.
Speaker 5: Who's your what's your favorite winter Olympic event?
Speaker 2: Probably hockey?
Speaker 5: Hockey. Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, that makes sense. That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: I saw Miracle, Miracle. You see that movie?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: If you have not, you should get should get checked on your citizenship. Yeah again, what a what a scene? Would be tough to be one of the boys.
Speaker 4: The state championship Friday night lights.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll rip it first. I'm gonna go Tier three hurdles. Hurdles your boy took on the Golden Districts in eighth grade. I was a decent little sportsman at hurdles. I enjoy watching it.
Speaker 3: What distance?
Speaker 5: One hundred meter hurdles are one ten? It's one ten? Yeah, but the hurdles one hundred and ten meters dash not the long one. I think they do like a long one or it's like three hundred meter hurdles, possibly do Is that sound right? Okay?
Speaker 3: At high school level three hundred at professional level four hundred.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you for that fun fact. My Tier two is gonna go to the high jump. Enjoy a good high jump. Yes, I will bring this back to me. Your boy holds the middle school record for a high jump at five at five feet eleven inches five eleven inches in eighth grade. Yes, your boy has the record. We have bunnies and bunnies. Well, what's up, Mitch. Did you do the high jump?
Speaker 1: No, but in eighth grade you're jumping six feet.
Speaker 5: I said, five to eleven is close. I didn't get six.
Speaker 2: I think five to eleven I saw somebody do at Michigan and he won. Yeah, that big ten match, boy, I promise. I think it's four to eleven.
Speaker 5: No, oh no, I'm scissor kicking four eleven. Scissor kicking. That's where you don't even have to been back, where you should jump up and clear it.
Speaker 2: I know what scissor kicking is.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just wanted to. But the people might not know. The people might not know.
Speaker 2: I'm ninety five percent sure. I was at a Michigan track and field event and it was a big ten event and somebody jumped five to eleven in one.
Speaker 5: A Michigan person, whoever number one, this must be like there are no athletes. If somebody jumping five.
Speaker 2: Eleven win, you pick that, it's not bro record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the record, the high school record at my high school was six. The high school record in my high school's like six seven. So five to eleven is like obviously for an eighth grader bunnies, Okay, seven seven feet five inches won the Big Ten.
Speaker 2: This year this year, but you know, different athletes. Yeah, okay, so maybe.
Speaker 5: Maybe right, maybe he's running right now, Bro, maybe he's right. Did you run track and field in middle school?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is bad? You could handle that.
Speaker 5: My tier one, though, you know, it could be and it could be unanimous across the board. My tier one is that hundred meters dash. I think the just watching the race for the fastest human being in the world two hundreds cool for it's cool distance, not cool at all, but claiming that you are the one, the one on bro, like imagine being Usain Bolt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fastest man in the world.
Speaker 5: In the world, and everybody ever like and that's the one. It's the one event that everybody I feel like asked about, like, hey, what days a hundred meters dash happening because I feel like you have the most viewership there. So my Tier one is the hundred meter dash, and that concludes my tier talking. Yeah, four bout one is fun.
Speaker 6: The hundred meter dash is just built into us since we're little kids. Yeah, when the minute you realize that competition exists, The first competition I think we ever participate in is a race against our friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're fastest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you're fast in the elementary school.
Speaker 5: Or King Bro. And it's funny too because it never even goes to a thought of let's run a longer distance. You're just thinking, let's race to that Yeah, let's race to that bowl. It's just an all out sprint.
Speaker 2: I loved yours because they were one word excellent, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: That fires me up. Let's go hey or Mitch.
Speaker 1: Bonnies alright, locked in.
Speaker 2: Speed. Yeah. I really liked hears because they were like speed. They were all like the classics. Yeah, you hit all the classics. I was looking at the list as you were doing your tier talk. My tier three is gonna go to I'm gonna give a tip of a cap to the old lineman man it's gonna go to shot put. Sorry, noise, no, no, no, no, just boys in a small circle launching a ball as far as they can, grunting at the end, throwing it out. That's that's real power right there. Yeah. My Tier two is gonna go to, which I just found out on this little list, skateboarding. I didn't know skateboarding was an Olympic event. And sometimes every every time skateboarding is on TV, whether it's X Games or some other little thing, I always watch it. I don't know you think about skateboarding now than Nija Houston. That's it. And then my tier one is going to go to the huntremeter dash. That's where boys become men, right there. Yeah, that's where you that's where you separate the lines from the sheep, the fine bombs from the comptents.
Speaker 5: You guys start with the one word I don't think I have. My mind was gonna be misfits shot put skateboarding. But then you go with the one hundred meters. So now I got to think about my.
Speaker 2: Word creative, different.
Speaker 5: On brand range.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'll take all that, boys, I'll take all that we do. We want to let this people get to get to this episode.
Speaker 5: I think, so, no, we don't, we don't need twisted. We told them our twisted question was the microphone sixty seconds. You got that one in there too. Hell yeah, Hey, you did a great job of what kind of starting the conversation with RFK.
Speaker 2: How nervous were you? I sat here, I was so nervous, and before when the Secret Service is starting to pile in and all that, I wasn't nervous. But when the door opened and he was on the phone and we kind of did the walk up and he gave us the finger real quick, he nervously got the ass. Dude, bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I was nervous as that was starting to like happen. I was excited to get it. I'm more so thinking like I wonder what angle or where we're going to kind of start the conversation because we're going small talk. I think we put it in a coffee order and then it kind of naturally started flowing. But I was more coming down from I was more I was most nervous standing out there when the Secret Service is entering and it felt like, oh shit, this is a this is real, Like this is a massive deal.
Speaker 2: And like the Secret service. There was one guy in the back of the bus who was watching that back door, and I went up and introduced myself to him and he was like, nice to meet you, and then stood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they don't break care. They do except for a Doug. Oh yeah, the twenty one year old kid. But Doug. We got the no Doug a little bit. Doug. I was fired up because at the end of the first day he was here, he was more like that guy you were talking about, Doug was. But then at the end Doug was more. He was more relaxed, more laid back. Fum. I loved us. I love that, but man, I hate that we're forgetting old buddy's name. The twenty one year old Jack Jackson good Pool, Mitch good Pool, shout out the boy Jackson. And then there was a Husker fan in there too. Yeah you mind if I get a photo?
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Yeah. They had a good crew with them, a good crew, and it was. It was a great conversation. I hope everybody. I'm interested to see how this whole thing's received.
Speaker 5: It'll be mixed, you know how. It's always a mixed me ca, It's always a mixed bag. A couple of people in those comments. Yeah, but what do you do, man, We're having a conversation where we're hanging out.
Speaker 2: Can't conversations people trying to silence us, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: We asked about the middle class, Yeah we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about the majority of the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We also tried talking sports, tried to tried oh what what was what? The big part that sucked about this, just calling a little time out of time about talking about that was when we were like, we didn't know it was going to be a captain interview, and then it was like, hey, you guys only.
Speaker 2: Have fifty times, Like, oh, there were.
Speaker 5: So many things we want to dive into a lot, more like fun questions on the back end and kind of more personal questions stuff like that. I think that that would have been the interview was awesome, but it sucked that we couldn't because he's again, he's a very good storyteller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a lot of stories.
Speaker 5: We don't really get a lot.
Speaker 2: Of questions in there and remind me a little bit of steal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He kind of sat back and you listen, you're just mesmerized by the amount of stories he's telling could easily win three hours, easily win three hours, and he had juice the whole entire time. It was it was awesome to see. So won't you hit this? Will add and we'll get him on, we'll get him off.
Speaker 5: Boys, are you not playing best Ball at DraftKings, Well, you're missing out. And here's what you need to know. DraftKings Best Ball Millionaire Contest is their biggest fantasy contest ever. We were talking fifteen million dollars guaranteed in prize pull money with two two millionaires being crowned for first and second place. If you're a set it and forget it type, then best balls for you. Because there are no waiver why, no roster management, bigger roster, so injuries one end your season, only the draft and that is it. You are set for the season. And if you're still not convinced, check this out.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 5: This year, DraftKings is offering everyone a Draft one, get one special. Your twenty dollars entry fee scores you a bonus ticket get in on all the best ball action. Download the DraftKings app and use code bus. That is code bus for all customers who enter the NFL Best Ball fifteen million dollars millionaire contests to get a bonus ticket and get a shot at being crowned one of two millionaires only on DraftKings without further ado. This is the RFK Junior episode.
Speaker 1: That's the Kennedy compound. I grew up there.
Speaker 3: There's one hundred and five Kennedys who live in that town.
Speaker 1: And you know, we were we did sports all day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I have seven kids and and they have you know, one hundred cousins in that town.
Speaker 2: It's all like on the water Mass Family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have it.
Speaker 5: That's wild. We rolling till we have a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are rolling pause. Let's do that because you know how the small talk goes. Small talk is the best part of the podcast. We'll sit there, we'll become a great friends and all of a sudden, like so.
Speaker 3: Let's start and then and everybody freezes and.
Speaker 2: Then it's not organic. I'm gonna be honest with you. So we want to call Robert mister Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't drink this at all.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, that's that's body wash.
Speaker 2: That was no. I'm Bobby, Bobby, and your son is also Bobby.
Speaker 1: A son Bobby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's b three three. Yeah, yeah, it was actually that was put in contact with Bobby and we got on the phone and started talking and he's like, I was put in the situation where it's like you kind of just take phone calls and you're trying to figure out what you can do for each other to have a networking situation. And we started talking, was like, hey, I have this podcast called Busting with the Boys, would love to have your father on. And he's calm, cool, collected, like, yeah, we can answer that question for you, no problem. The answers yes, And so I took his contact, gave it to our EP, who's Stephen and Steven's now here's actually in Italy right now, and got this whole thing done. So we really appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 1: This is this is awesome. I'm really excited to be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my son, Bobby is married to a woman name whose maiden name was Amerlis Fox.
Speaker 1: She is now my campaign manager.
Speaker 4: Oh, and she was.
Speaker 3: She went to Oxford and then she had a theology agree degree from Georgetown and she after nine to eleven, she went in to the CIA. She was in the cland Services in the Weapons of Mass Destruction program and she was serving in China and Pakistan, all of the Mid East, and you know, God dismally. She actually was married. She had what they call a commercial cover, which is that you're pretending to operate a business, and she her business was originally their first business was an art dealer. The CIA my investment fund in cu tell gives you seed money to start the business, but then you actually have to run it. And she had a fake husband who is also a spy, with whom she had a child who is now sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: I hate to cut you off, but she had a fake husband, was.
Speaker 1: Living together.
Speaker 2: They were living yeah city, same bed. Things happened, and then they had a fake child, well child marriage.
Speaker 1: I have an or child.
Speaker 3: Her husband was involved with some really some challenging situations and has severe, severe PTSD, and so she's been dealing with that for a lot of her life. But she's spent the resident and she became Her second commercial cover was she started a tech company that became very successful and Twitter purchased it from her, and then she left the agency. She went to work for Twitter at a high level. But somebody said to me the other day, they said, Ameral is the smartest woman I've ever met, And I said to them, No, she's the smartest person you've ever met. And she has just a capacity that a mental capacity that I've never encountered in anybody. She's the extraordinary and the reason our campaign is doing so well is because of her.
Speaker 2: Now, when you're deciding to run for president, obviously there's a lot of controversy between some of your family supporting what you're doing because it hurts the Democratic Party. But when you're choosing who's going to run your campaign, was she the easy choice where a lot of people kind of come out of it.
Speaker 3: Was an impossible choice because there's you know, there was no democratic and no Republican consulting firm. Usually you got and you know, hire one of these consultantsies run you know, campaigns, like David Axelrod has a firm and that's all it does. So you go in contract with one of these firms. And there's firms that are Democratic and there's firms that a Republican and they usually don't they you know, they don't cross the line. So we looked at all the democratic firms and none of them would work for us because if they did, they get blackballed. By the party, and they also have union contracts and they'd lose all their contracts, so anybody with experience was not going to work for us. I got Dennis Concentage, who would run for president twice, to run my campaign initially, but then Amarillas, who had really really encouraged me to run from the outset, started taking larger and larger responsibilities and it became clear how talented she was and in every way, and you know, run running a campaign like this is what we have to do, where we have to get a million signature, two million signatures get on the ballot in every state, and it was the system was created to be insurmountable so that nobody could ever did it. The rules were written by the Republican and Democratic Party to make sure they didn't have any competition. So, for example, in the state of Maine, we have to go and get signatures in every town. There's four hundred towns, and then you have to get those certified by the town clerk. So you need just an army of people and you have a short period of spend a time span to do that. Every state is different. In New York you have forty five days to get I think one hundred and thirteen thousand signatures, and in Texas we had to get one hundred and thirty thousand and forty days. We ended up getting a quarter million. So we're you know, we we have a volunteer army, we have fifty thousand people we've deployed now and and but am realistic controlling all that and it's just a monumental logistical accomplishment.
Speaker 5: Forgive me for I just kind of followed the X timeline. But obviously you've gotten a lot of these signatures. But then you'll see things where people like, oh, they're not verified signatures or they're not counting, Like.
Speaker 1: What is what is the end?
Speaker 3: See what we did because they're going to challenge every signature, So we got doubled to triple the number of signatures we need. And you know the some of them are volunteer gathered, but some of them are we pay people to do for us, and they are responsible for validating. I mean, we have contractual they have contractual obligations to make sure that they're validated. The d n C is going to challenge us in every day, so they're going to sue us and they're gonna say that you know, they're going to find some problem. But so far we've won every lawsuit, and I'm very confident that we will win every lawsuit. You know, we were very, very careful, and so I'm you know, I am dead sure that we will be on the ballot in every state by the end of August.
Speaker 2: Was a point for you gathering these ctures where you thought, Man, I don't know if we're going to get this state this date of that, or were you pretty confident the entire time. You sound confident now.
Speaker 1: But I'm confident now. I there were there were people.
Speaker 3: Who were telling us the you know, the there was a couple of consultants and it's a it's a crazy industry and that you know there it's it's that is kind of there's a whole cottage industry for ballot harvesting, and a lot of it is predatory and unscrupulous, and there's all kinds of dirty tricks that they do. They you know, for example, they can get people to sabotage you. I'll get guys out in front of a of a safe way or you know, Bigley Wiggley or whatever, collecting signatures all day from customers. And one guy will wait till he's got a full page and then pretended to sign a signature, but he'll draw a line through the whole page, and that invalidates every signature. Oh, there's all kinds of little ways and big ways of attacking the you know, attacking our efforts, and all those things have been done to us. But there were people from the beginning who said to us, we can do this. And I didn't know whether to believe it or not, because you know, you know, you're meeting these people for the first time and you have no idea. But we ended up choosing the right people, and I think we you know, we're gonna get it done.
Speaker 2: Boys, you can't see me because we're cutting the side of the YouTube, but I want to talk to you about Can real quick. I am down in Florida right now and it is absolutely beautiful. I got a couple of Can roadies. Now, I know you guys know Can all right, the five for the five milligrams, the two point five milligrams, all incredible stuff. But with the Roadies, a little pocket sized deal. You put that thing in your pocket, you go to a little concert, you put it a little water, a seltzer of your choice. You enjoy it, and boys, you're absolutely living to dream. The perfect buzz and uplifting little buzz, nice cool calm collected sends you on a little moon trip and then right back down to earth, nice and comfortable. I'm gonna give you a quick little uh, quick little deal here, quick little call to action, as they say, head over to drinkcan dot com. That's Drink c A n N dot com and use code Boys twenty for twenty percent off your order of Can and a free Roady six pack sampler six pack sampler. Can't say I can't say no to that can is not for the for use or purchase a person's under the age of twenty one. Can product containing less than zero point three percent delta nine THC that is derived from HEP do not claim to diagnose, treat here, or prevent any diseases, and have not been evaluated or approved by fd A. Let's get back to this episode. Enjoy the day.
Speaker 5: Why do they make it so difficult? You think like it wouldn't be difficult for yourself, like being a Kennedy, Like why does the DNC challenge everything? Why has it been such a difficult?
Speaker 3: I mean the DNC didn't want me. I originally ran as a Democrat, right, you know, I was born in the Democratic Party. My family has been Democratic office holders since since the nineteenne since the eighteen nineties. My great grandfather, Anni Fitz was the first Irish Catholic mayor boss and you know his my other great grandfather, Patrick Kennedy, was was a political boss and a state senator in Massachusetts and then and so my family was raised in the Democratic Party and I could never imagine that I would ever leave the Democratic Party. But I felt like the Democratic Party left me. And when I tried to run, they passed all of these rules to make sure that.
Speaker 1: I could not win. So, for example, I was campaigning.
Speaker 3: Very, very heavily in New Hampshire and I was doing well, and the Democratic Party passed a rule and anybody, any candidate that steps in steps foot into the state of New Hampshire, which I had already done, all of their votes would count for President Biden. So that's one of the sixty things that they did to make sure that I could not No matter what happened, I could not win the nomination. And it was not you know, it wasn't Democratic Democrats are so terrified of Donald Trump that they kind of have tunnel vision and they ignore a lot of the kind of anything that is done to make sure that Donald Trump is not president is okay. And I think that they've departed from a lot of the values that made that party so attractive to me growing up.
Speaker 2: If you put yourself in this now Democratic Party shoes, where there's so tunnel vision in on Donald Trump, why do they fear Trump so much? What is because everyone's saying that each side is going to ruin democracy, But it seems that they're so focused on beating each other, as opposed to what you've said in one of your things after Kamala Harris was announced as the next running president of the Democratic Party, you said that, you know, everyone's so focused on fighting each other and not focused on the American people. But what where did this massive separation take place? Was it twenty sixteen or was it happening much before then?
Speaker 5: You know, I.
Speaker 3: It's all kind of driven by a tribalistic and balls and I think that.
Speaker 1: It really that the year.
Speaker 3: It's been happening since the nineteen eighties. But the big change here, I think was twenty ten, and that was the year that the Supreme Court issued a decision called Citizens United and the Citizens United in we almost lost a democracy. In the eighteen eighties and eighteen nineties. There was, you know, the country who was really taken over after the Civil War by these by these giant robber barons. There never been concentrations of wealth like that in America. And you had these big f these very very powerful families like John Dye Rocketfellow, who is as rich now as Elon Musk, I mean as rich then as Elon Musk is now. You controlled I think about seventy or eighty percent of the oil production in the world one man. You had the Morgans, the Carnegie Andrew Carnegie.
Speaker 1: You had the Fricks and.
Speaker 3: The Whitneys, these very very powerful robber barons who's sat on interlocking boards, the Sugar Trust, the Oil Trust, the rail Trust, and they were really running our country. And at that time there was no direct election of senators, so the public did not vote for the senators. The Senate was chosen by the legislators. The legislatures were easy to buy a couple of hundred dollars, you could buy a state legislature. And it was said of the Pennsylvania state legislature at that time that they were the only legislature that was not sale because John D. Rockefeller owned every one of them and he wasn't selling any of them. So that is and then because they controlled the Senate, they control the political parties, and they controlled who was going to become president. And there were no labor laws at that time. There were no labor unions, there was no uh, there was child labor, there were no child labor laws, there were no women couldn't vote, of course, blacks couldn't vote, and it really was not it was no longer a democracy.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 3: And then you had a confluence of events occur where you had an agrarian movement called populism, there was democratic where farmers were rising up, and you had in the cities a group called the Progressive Movement, which was sort of liberal Republicans who were good government types, and they joined with the farmers and they they ended up electing to heat Roosevelt, who was part of the oligarchy, but he was also idealistic and was willing to stand up and he had the confidence to stand up to wealth. He wasn't scared or intimidated by it, and he became president. They passed the Sherman and He Trust Act, and they broke up the Standard Oil Company. They broke up all these trusts. They passed child labor laws, They passed a forty hour work week, They gave women the vote. They passed an income tax for the first time. At that time, if you know, John D. Rockefeller paid the same tax as the poorest street sweeper. So they made wealthy people for the first time pay their share. They passed a corporate income tax. And the most important thing they did to restore democracy was in two thousand and eight they passed the law making it illegal for corporations to donate to federal political candidates. That law helped restore American democracy. And you know, we became the exemplary democracy in the world, and everybody began imitating us when we had the American Revolution, and you know, seventeen eighty four, we were the only democracy in the world. By eighteen sixty sixty, the beginning of the Civil War, there were five all of them modeled on us. By the time my uncle was president in nineteen sixty, there were one hundred and fifty democracies, and pretty soon there would be one hundred and ninety, all modeled on the US experiment. So we lived up to our promise to being the exemplary nation. And it was because we passed all these laws that righted democracy. The most important was that law that said corporations can't donate to a federal political candidate. In twenty ten, the Supreme Court issued a decision saying that any restrictions on companies giving to political candidates is a violation of free speech, that that donation is actually a speech, and that it's protected by the First Amendment, and any restrictions are illegal. That released a tsunami of corporate money into the political process. And so this election is going to cost. Prior to twenty ten, the presidential collection an election would cause maybe a billion dollars all in. This one's going to cost fifteen billion. And that money is all coming from billionaires and from you know, if you if you want to run for Centator of New York, you've got to get three hundred million dollars. That means you're on the phone all day with millionaires and billionaires and you do not have time to talk to an ordinary people. So both political parties became possessed by a very wealth, you know, a great wealth, and by corporate control and the and the only way they just thing wish themselves is by pointing to the other one and saying you're evil, You're going to be the end of the republic. And so I think that that's when the stakes really heated up and people just became very, very tribalistic. I'm in this party, I'm not going to listen to anybody else, and anything that's critical of my party, I'm going to ignore it. Anything that's you know, critical about the other guy, I'm going to believe it. And we're all in a position now we're being told that if you vote for that guy, it's the end of the world and it's not healthy for our country. And it's not true either. You know, we have some institutions in this country that are strong at present, even if you know, like on January sixth, you know, there were a bunch of people who went into the Capitol, but the US military was not supporting them. This was not a coupd ata against our country.
Speaker 1: It was not you know, in a sense that.
Speaker 3: It really was a threat to an existential threat to American democracy. There were a lot of people with bad intention. There are a lot of people committed crimes. They deserve to be in jail. But in terms of threatening the United States system of government, you know, it's just it's not true and just that's not what it was.
Speaker 1: It was not good.
Speaker 3: It was bad, but you know it's been inflated to make it seem like it was that America, the American experience with experiment with self governance was hanging by threat and that just wasn't real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, we we didn't put in this insurance policy before you stepped in the bus because I know we're kind of we're going to have this little time and then somebody's coming for you to sign a document. But this podcast is not built for politics. Will and I we don't know anything.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about something.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, yeah, I thought everything the dullest, it's the dullest object.
Speaker 2: It's it's no, it's one of those things though where it's this is it's so interesting. But because of the things you just mentioned, like you talking about January sixth, it was a bad thing. People should be in jail, but it wasn't as bad as everybody made it. And now we're looking at everything as this like life or death situation, when really it's taking a you know, a level headed individual who knows the system very well to just say, hey, there are good things and bad things, but to say it's the worst thing or the best thing. That's where we're kind of losing ourselves in.
Speaker 3: This time, and we're losing, you know, we're losing the fact that we're all America and that the values that we share in common are much larger than these little sort of culture war issues and identity politics issues that are being used to keep us all apart. And in truth, people are benefiting from that are these big you know, the financial interests like Black Rock, State Street, Van Guard, these big companies. Those three companies own eighty eight percent of the S and P five hundred and they're now buying all all the resident residential housing and it's driving up housing caused in this country. They're buying all the farm land in our country and and corporatizing agriculture, and they're they really are genuine existential threat to democracy and they're but there you look what. They're controlled both political parties, they're giving money to both, They control all the all the military companies, They control. Blackrock is the biggest owner of General Dynamics of NORTHWK Grumman of Owing of Lockheed. So they have the contract to destroy Ukraine and they also have the contractor rebuild it. And they're making money both ways and those of the people, and all of the policies they're designed are designed to strip mind wealth from the American middle class and shifted upward to this new olive gard billionaires during the COVID lockdowns, with five hundred days of lockdowns under President Trump and President Bidens, So they're both at fault. We created a billionaire a day in five hundred days, and we shifted four point three trillion dollars from the American middle class to this new aristocracy. And they closed down every business in this country three point three million businesses right that forty percent of the black owned businesses will never reopen. And the companies that they kept open were the companies that were contributing to their parties. You know, Amazon, Uh, Facebook, Twitter, all of these you know, these big tech companies and Verizon and the big communications concerns, the you know, the oil companies, the big egg companies. None of them shut down. They were all just raking in the money, and now you know, and and now they're they don't have any competitive business from the little people. And that was the backbone of the American experienced small business.
Speaker 1: And it's being just.
Speaker 3: Viscerted and we're all pointing each other and saying, you're not really American, and it's it's terrible. It's not a good outcome. And it allows that he is very, very sort of dark and powerful people to do, I think, tear the heart out of our country.
Speaker 5: What would be like a practical strategy to start restoring the middle class A lot I feel like a lot of candidates always talk about restoring the middle class. But for people out there listening that struggle to buy a home, it's like, if you're in Nashville and you're trying to buy a single family home, you're looking at several hundred thousand dollars and it's almost impossible. It's almost impossible to buy a home these days. So what is like a what is like.
Speaker 2: Is that you back there? It was you yeah, all right, no longer in season.
Speaker 5: That's all right, Well, we get like a practical strategy that's understood by people listening to.
Speaker 1: This, I mean, we we should pass a lot.
Speaker 3: That makes an elite all for these big investment firms to buy thousands of houses.
Speaker 1: And that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: I mean, we all know people who have who've gone into has grown a house or they put down money, and you know, and the housing prices they're climbing. So two years ago, the average home in this country costs two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars. Now it's over four hundred thousand, and it's and you're paying seven or eight percent interests from three percent, and nobody might.
Speaker 1: You know, I have seven kids. They all went to the best schools.
Speaker 3: You know, my son Bobby is forty, he had does have a house.
Speaker 1: He and amarillis.
Speaker 3: My six younger kids went to the best schools in our country. They have great jobs, and none of them can afford a home. So if they can't afford a home, there's nobody who can afford a home. And that generation is going to be the first generation in American history that is far worse off than their parent generation. And they're not going to own my home. And the home ownership is the the core of the American experience. You know, we when I was a kid, we had my uncle's president. We had We were the wealthiest country. We owned half the wealth on the face of the earth.
Speaker 1: In America.
Speaker 3: The American middle class was the greatest economic engine the history of mankind. One of the reasons for that was because the industrial base of Europe kind of obliterated during World War Two, but our factories were still cooking and we were granking out cars and television sets and all the things nobody else could build. Yet we had no competition. But also more importantly, we passed these extraordinary wars laws that said, if you serve in the military, you got to own a home.
Speaker 1: You got the you know, the.
Speaker 3: GI bill, and you're going to get into a home. And the home at that point costs about seven grand, and the average income was about almost six grand, so you could homes were very, very affordable.
Speaker 1: And once you own a.
Speaker 3: Home, everything changes because now you care about your community. You care about your schools, you care about your police, you care about your transportation, you care about the healthcare, what the hospital looks like. You become part of an investment in your community, and you care about the appearance of your home and what your neighbor's home, and you you you know you're invested in it. More importantly, you now have equity, which means you could borrow money. And if you can borrow money, then you can pursue your entrepreneurial impulses. And this is something nobody else in the world could do. Have that widespread home ownership that allowed this ferment of entrepreneurial activity in our country, where you know, if you can borrow money, I get a second mortgage on your home, you can build a yoga studio or a saloon, or a bowling alley or a sporting goodness store and you and we started building communities based on that, on the capacity to borrow money. Well, now we've got a generation that cannot borrow money because they have no equity, and they are going to be on the sidelines of American capitalism. And we're going from an ownership society to a renter society. And when you do that, you go from being citizens to being subjects. That is the you know, that's the colonial system, is the European aristocratic system that we fought at revolution to get where the rich people owned all the land and they loaned all the productivity and your only choice was to work for them.
Speaker 1: In one way or another.
Speaker 3: You read your house from them, and we're going back to that now, and that we got to reverse that. And one of the ways to do it is to end the tax breaks that make it profitable for black Rock, State Street, Vanguard, Fidelity, Blackstone to buy all.
Speaker 1: Of our land.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody, every one of us knows somebody who put you know, has growing a home, was about to sign a contract and somebody comes in at the last minute with a cash offer twenty percent higher than the asking price, and Sweet takes off the table. And you're saying, who just stole my home? Yeah, and you go and it's an LLC with an ambiguous name.
Speaker 2: In Tennessee, we call that California. We say, everyone in California's coming in, yeah, taking our house. Yeah Yeah, they're all moving it from Wow West to here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well that is true in Nashville to and sometimes it's human beings that are taken, but a lot of times it's all over the country. Is an LLC with this ambiguous name, And you follow that the lines, you pull the strings, and it leads you back to black Rock and State Street and Vanguard and these giant financial houses. And so our kids are now competing for the price of money against these BMTH corporation that even if you had the greatest credit rating in the world, Blackrock is paying thirty percent less than you for money. So of course they can afford that at home when you can't, and then they'll rent it back to you, but they own it. And that is you know what's happening. And we have to make it so they can't do that anymore. That's number one. I mean number two, we have to stop printing money because that is what's driving inflation. And that's that is a tax on the poor. It's attacks on middle class, attacks on working people, and it is it's theft. And you know the reason we have it is to fund the wars or addicted to wars. And you know, the Ukraine War is just the latest example of a war we should have never gone into, and that you know, we're spending, you know we're spending We were spending two hundred billion dollars on that war when they spent another half trillion dollars to rebuild the Ukraine afterward, and we don't have the money to rebuild Lihina and Malley. You know, I was out there where they burned this incredible jewel of a city, you know, in this historical city in Maui, and and uh, you know, President Biden never visited there. Nobody has ever visited there. And they can't get you know, they they they were talking about passing a resolution renaming behind A Kiev because they saw all the money going over to to Ukraine. But we don't have the money to build an American community that you know is designated our kids can't get into. You know, we're in a crisis right now and we don't have you know, we're like, we're like an alcohol like who is in who's behind on his mortgage payments and he's in the bar by using the milk money to buy rounds for strangers.
Speaker 1: And you know that that is a situation we're in right.
Speaker 2: Now, Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. I'm soaking in Mother Nature's cosmic rays down here in thirty eight Florida right now. It's an amazing time. But let me talk to you about something that's near and dear to my heart, Lucy. These nicotine pouches are made by a mom and pop shop type feel all these other brands out there, Big Tobacco, Big pharma corporations. These guys ground up type of cats that are grinding in day in and day out to give you the best stuff possible and nothing. They came up with Lucy Breakers. They have a little tiny bead that's right inside. You take that bad, you crack it with your teeth, you put.
Speaker 4: It in these lips and boys.
Speaker 2: Sends you into a cool cruise control of happiness and contentment that people can only describe about in literature because no one's really ever felt it. It is absolutely amazing. Got myself some notes here on my wife's phone, and Mitch sent me this right here. You see it. It's very hard to read, so give it here. Get Lucy ship straight to your door. Visit Lucy dot co, Forward slash bust and use promo code bussing. Get twenty percent off your order. Mmmm for an extra fifteen percent off. Go ahead and subscribe to those boys. You go and do that. We're talking about a thirty five percent piece. Now we're save money and our lips are happy. That's beautiful stuff. Now let me just tell you this real quick. Uh, Lucy products are geez Mitch, so are always age verified. In every order is age verified. The product frost contained nicotine, and nicotine is an addictive chemical. There is that, There is that, but they are delicious. Have a great day, bake hooks, Tenny cases. Let's get back to this episode right now with us, with.
Speaker 5: All you have something I was gonna say, simple brain, simple brain, go ahead, say we stopped printing money. Say you pass this uh, pass this law to where the corporation stopped buying the housing. Like what is the domino What does that domino effect look like?
Speaker 2: I mean, my simple brain thinks to that question, things get worse before they get better, right, Like it's the darkest before the dawn. You stop printing money, you're gonna have hit a recession pretty quick because now there's no more money and we're solely rebuilding.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what you cannot just.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 3: You can't cut your way out of a out of this debt. We have a thirty four trillion dollar debt. Now the cost of servicing that debt, So the money we're paying on the interest is now larger than our defense budget. Within five years, fifty cents out of every dollar that is collected in taxes is going to go to servicing the debt within ten years. One hundred percent is not sustainable. When you have a debt that size, you can't cut your way out of it. What you need to do is cut the things that are not adding to GDP.
Speaker 1: So the military.
Speaker 3: If you build a plane or bomb, then you're sending it somewhere and blowing it up, and it's like digging a hole, and you know, and then paying somebody to dig the hole and then to fill it up. It adds nothing to the economy. There's no goods or services that are accruing to benefit quality of life in our country from building bombs and sending them abroad. Every million dollars we spend on the military creates two jobs in America. If you use that same million dollars on childcare, it creates eighteen jobs.
Speaker 1: So that's what you have to do.
Speaker 3: And that allows the mother to go if she chooses, and you know, I think we should honor motherhood, but the mother, if she chooses, should be able to leave the home and get a job and pay taxes and create wealth. And you grow the economy out of the deficity. You got to cut spending, you know, some you also have to reinvest the money that is misdirected into you know, and by the way, we're spending twice now what we were at the height of the Cold War in real dollars, so and that money is not about national defense, it's about global domination.
Speaker 1: What I would do is.
Speaker 3: When my grandfather wanted, when my uncle Jack Kennedy did, which is to create Fortress America, make ourself, arm ourselves to the teeth at home, make ourselves toos to conquer, have enough military power to protect the sea lanes, to protect neutral areas like the Arctic Antarctic, and to protect and then to fight two small confrontations and different theaters of the world to punish bad behavior if we need to, but otherwise, and take that other money and spend it making a lot of people's lives been are rebuilding our industrial base at home, which we don't have anymore. We can't fight a war anymore because we don't.
Speaker 1: We were able to fight World War.
Speaker 3: Two because we had these vast factories better than anybody else in the world that were creating automobiles, and we were able to make.
Speaker 1: Tanks and airplanes. And today now this in.
Speaker 3: The last twenty years, we've exported all our industrial base to China. Oh, China can fight a war right now. And China can beat us in a war because it has an industrial base. And we know long when we can't build tanks and ships and you know, a ship a day like we were doing during World War Two. People aren't even realizing this how weak our country is because we've allowed our industrial base to be exported, and we need to bring it back here and start rebuilding the American middle class. I don't think it gets worse. I think we start realigning that money, you know, very quickly to things that actually improved people's lives, like childcare is one of those things that is one of the quickest ways to start rebuilding the economy, and then changing the rules to make it much easier for kids to get into houses, you know, and by their own house. I'll tell you something, when I was a kid, when I was in nineteen sixty four, my uncle was killed in sixty three, and my father was shattered by that and really, uh began coming out of it. Almost took him like nine months to even you know, to begin to kind of function again. And we we were invited by a h anti communist group to come to Poland, which was then a communist country, and we went to Poland, my brothers to two of the older siblings. I had eleven siblings and they I was on the third. So me and my and the top four sing siblings went to Poland. The Polish government didn't want us there and they made that clear, and they they didn't want the Polish people to know we were in and all of the people, all all of news of our presence in the country was blacked out on the official news, which was you know, it's all state on media. So in fact, two days before we went, we went to Sears and Roebach and we went to Woolworths and Washington, d Z. And we bought presents with my mom for her kids that we were going to go to an orphanage and distribute these gifts. You know, everybody wanted American stuff at that point. Everyone everybody wanted to We're the only ones making transistor radios, making like automobiles, making blue jeans, and everybody wanted American stuff. We went bought toys and apparel, you know, clothing for these kids, and we get to Warsaw. We go to the orphanage and the Polish government had removed all the children because they didn't want us have any contact with the Polish people.
Speaker 1: Two days later.
Speaker 3: We went to crack Out to visit this cardinal. And the cardinal was a living saint, you know, and I grew up a Catholic. We werepers at at Rosary twice a day, We went to church twice a day. We prayed before and after every meal. We read the Bible, very Catholic family. We read the lives of and this the cardinal who was who's was presided over the cathedral of the Black Minton hum which isn't Crackout Square, had stood up to the Communists, He had been jailed, hive been tortured, he had endured those challenges. Was such piety and bravery that he inspired a religious resurgence in the Catholic Church in Poland. And everybody knew the men that he died, the Catholic Church was going to be atify him as a saint. So we knew as kids that we were going to meet somebody who was a living saint, which you know, to us that was the biggest deal in our lives. And we went into Cregout. When we went through Grekhouse Square, we were the only car in the square, and there weren't too many cars in Poland at that time, and there was a you actually, I think that's a picture of what happened. Then we went into Crakouse Square and there was nobody and we're the only car there. We met for a couple of hours with the with the cardinal, and in fact, there were a young priest made us chicken sandwiches in the kitchen when we were waiting for the cardinal, and that priest later became a pup, John Paul the Second, And we met with the Cardinal. Then we come out and crackousewhere and that crowd a million people are waiting for us, and the word had spread through word of mouth, and they had shut down all the shops in Crackout and all the entire population that the city had come out to see our family, to see an American because they loved our country, and we were we were stuck in the sea of people that limited the embassy limo couldn't have. My father pulled us all out of the back window of the car under the roof and we stood there and watched this huge crowd and you know, I had you could see me there with my little shorty shorts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: And they were they started singing to us a stolt, which means may you live forever. And then they started singing this anthem tized which the ambassador said that song is illegal for.
Speaker 1: Them to sing. You go to jail if you sing that song.
Speaker 3: And the whole crowd was singing it, and they were there was just tears flowing down their faces and they were reaching up you can see them to touch you know, I was signing autographs, this little ten year old.
Speaker 4: Kid and uh, you know my father, Yeah, exactly so.
Speaker 1: And you know, on that trip, because these people loved America.
Speaker 3: And on that trip, we went to England, we went to France, we went to Germany, we went to Italy, Greece.
Speaker 1: Everywhere we went, the same thing happened.
Speaker 3: She's spontaneous crowds coming out of notewhere, just because they were so proud of America. And you know, my uncle had made a commitment, he said when he told his best friend, he said, his best friend, Ben Bradley, had said to him, what do you want in your gravestone? And he said, he said, my uncle said, immediately he kept the peace. He said the primary job of a president of the United States to keep the country out of war. My uncle had been in the war.
Speaker 1: He had a lot.
Speaker 3: Two of my uncles died in the war, including his brother twenty years later, you know, thirty years later, if I mentioned Uncle Joe's name to my grandfather, he'd burst into tears because he was the golden child. He was the oldest brother, and you know, he was the guy that they had invested all this promise in. There's pictures of him just before he died. He volunteered for a suicide mission and his you know, his his plane was blown up. It was the first remote control flying and he was and he flewid he was killed. My other uncle, who was you know, married to my aunt to Kick Kennedy, he also died. For the first days of the war, my uncle Jack had been lost at sea. His his uh he tee boat was cut in two by a fog in the Blacket Straits off the Solomon Islands by a Japanese destroyer. And he had he had been on the Harvard swim team. He had swum six miles. One of his crew had been badly burned, two were killed. He swam six miles with the lanyard and his teeth dragging, you know, this guy who had been badly burned.
Speaker 1: And then they hid out on.
Speaker 3: An island for ten days, and two Solomon Islanders came to that island and he and they were collecting coconuts, and they hated the Japanese because they were the colonizers. My uncle wrote his coordinates onto a coconut and they buried it under a pile of coconuts, and those Solomon Islanders went thirty miles across the Blackets, across the ocean, and gave the coconut to the British headquarters. My uncle was rescued. But he was the only president who's ever won the Purple Heart. So he was a warrior, you know he and he wanted to keep the country out of war. Incidentally, I'll tell you a funny story. During his inauguration, I was seven years old, and he invited the captain of that Japanese destroyer that had sunk him to his inauguration as an honored guest, and I got to meet him. Then you know that he was the guy who sank Uncle Jack and almost killed him, and he was an admiral and the navy, but my uncle also invited the two Solomon Islanders who had rescued him, and the British guy vener of the Solomon Island was embarrassed by their appearance because they had never worn shoes, and they were wearing loin cloths, you know, they and they didn't speak any English. So he chose two kind of presentable Solomon Islanders and sent them instead, you know.
Speaker 1: Sent the civilize.
Speaker 3: And my uncle Jack was so pissed off at him, and uh and you know, he never got to see him again. But about ten years ago, my little brother Max went to the Solomon Islanders with Robert Ballard, who is the undersea explorer who found that he discovered the Titanic right.
Speaker 1: And they were looking for PT.
Speaker 3: One O nine and they found it. They found like an inge, a little small part of an engine block.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 3: Those pete boats were made of plywood, so they you know, nothing's left of the original hall, but they found a little piece of it. But while they were in the Solomon Islanders, my brother met those two guys. They're still alive, and they they were both wearing T shirts and said, I rescued John F.
Speaker 1: Kennedy, so awesome, And my brother said.
Speaker 3: When they were introduced to him, they both burst into tears. They knelt on the ground and were kissing his feet, which was a cultural thing, and that you know, he was crying and they were crying. He just said it was incredible. But anyway, my uncle knew, you know, he resisted all. They tried to get him to go into Laos in sixty one.
Speaker 1: He refused.
Speaker 3: They tried to get him there. There's the guys that's a great teacher. They tried to get him to go into Vietnam and he refused. They tried to get him to go into Berlin. They twice tried to get him to go into Cuba, and he wouldn't do it. He never sent a combat troop abroad to die. And a month before he died in October twenty second, nineteen sixty he you know, he ended up sending sixteen thousand advisers to Vietnam to tea you know, to teach them how their helicopter pilots. And they were green berets. Under the rules of engagement, they weren't supposed to fight, but they did anyway, and for reasons.
Speaker 1: You can imagine.
Speaker 3: And he heard that one of them got killed, and he asked Walt Rosstow, who was one of his aides, to give him a casualty list of all of the American casualties. And Walt Rostell came back in there seventy five Americans had died, and he said, that's too many.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing them all home.
Speaker 3: And that afternoon he signed an order called National Security Order two sixty three, ordering all US military personnel home from Vietnam by sixty five by nineteen sixty five, the first thousand coming home in December of nineteen sixty three. That would have been six weeks later. Thirty in the day after he signed that order, he was murdered. And then a week after that, President Johnson remanded the order. Johnson sent two hundred and fifty thousand troops, which they'd been trying to get my uncle Jack too. And then, you know, my father ran against the war in sixty eight and he, you know, he was killed running against the war. Martin Luther King two months before my dad died. Martin Luther King had become a peace activist.
Speaker 1: He was killed.
Speaker 3: And then Nixon became president and you know, sent over five hundred and sixty thousand Americans fifty six thousands of them never came home. We killed a million Vietnamese. My cousin, George Kaikole died over there during the ten offensive. And you know, again, it was a war that should have never happened.
Speaker 1: My uncle knew that.
Speaker 3: And and but because of that, because of his commitment, he said, I don't want he I don't want African kids and Asian kids and Latin American kids when they hear about the United States of America to think of a guy in a uniform with a gun. I want him to think of a Peace Corps volunteer. I want him to think of the USAID program and the Alliance for Progress, which was supposed to put America, you know, on the side of the poor and help grow middle class in this country and not you know, be giving weapons to everybody.
Speaker 1: And he succeeded in doing that.
Speaker 3: And because of that, there's no now more statues to my uncle, more universities named after more parks, more roads, avenues, boulevards and Africa, Asian and Latin America than any other US president in the history, and probably more than all.
Speaker 1: Of them combined.
Speaker 3: And that's a good foreign policy because you know, we want them. He wanted to project economic power abroad, but not military power. And the strategy of projecting military power has made us now, you know, enormously unpopular, and it's pushed Russia and China and Iran together in a terrible, terrible alliance. For the United States, it's created the Bricks organization, which is now about just the US dollar is the global reserve currency. And and you know, none of that is good for our country. It's all bad. It's all because we we lead with the military than leading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we yeah, we got we gotta do the notary thing. But by the way that your your storytelling ability is incredible, Like I know that all like all of our mouths are wide open listening to you tell these incredible so I've heard it is it's an honor.
Speaker 5: It really is awesome.
Speaker 2: It is awesome. Let's let's get this notary in here and we'll we'll start back up.
Speaker 5: What's up boys, We interrupt this episode to bring you shady. Shady Rays has a brand new premium polarized pair of sunglasses that is part of their newly anticipated Rivals collection. It is a single polarized lens in the barstool blue with the stool sign and all the logos specific the barstool, the Boys, the Boys, the Boys. Also if you're a casual. If you're just a casual, you want a casual pair of shades. They also have the classic style too. They have hundreds of different styles. All you have to do is go to Shady Rays dot Com and the Boys got you for a generous thirty five percent off. Use Code Boys and Shady Rays dot Com with Code Boys and you get thirty five off any pair of sunglasses in the stores. Highly recommend their new Rivals collection, their new premium polarized single lens. But do you do your thing Shady Rays dot Com, Code Boys unost.
Speaker 1: You were after? Was it silk called RFK when you were there?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes, when I don't know, I forgot when they.
Speaker 3: But we had a My mom was, I mean, you know these are and.
Speaker 5: We're back on where we're starting to cover that he is a football guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I grew up with the Redskins, particularly because they played it. You know, they renamed the stadium after my dad when my dad was killed in sixty eight and my mother Edward Bennett Williams. There, I am catching a football throne and I did catch that husband, by the way. By my uncle had a beautiful arm and my dad was the smallest guy on the on the most successful Harvard football teaham in history. And you know, they were they love football and so they Yeah, they named the RFK Stadium after my dad.
Speaker 1: And we had.
Speaker 3: We always had redskins in our house, and we had the Green Beret. I grew up also a lot of Green Berets at our house. My uncle started the Navy Seals and he allowed the Pentagon wanted to take the beret away from.
Speaker 1: The Green Berets. He thought because they it was you know, it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't they they've viewed it as a kind of defiance or something. And my uncle.
Speaker 1: Allowed them to keep.
Speaker 3: It, and they were always very grateful to him, and he's kind of their patron present to this day. And we had Major Ruddy, who was the head of the Green Berets, was at our house all the time they were firing grappling. We had a four story house in Virginia and they would come to our house and do these demonstrations. They would fire grappling hunks up out into the roof and they would come, you know, climb up there and then repel down. I went to Fort Bragg and I also went to their training camp and l Junk which is down in Puerto Rico when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: But they also built like a full scale.
Speaker 3: Obstacle course in our house, like a military obstacle course in one of the pastors, you know.
Speaker 1: At our house, and.
Speaker 3: My mom every year would have a pet show. It was like a benefit for an orphanage in Washington, d C. And people come, thousands of people coming. They had you had to bring a pet to get into the pet show. There was a lot of funny stories that happened there. But the Redskins would come and run the obstacle course and they had you know, competitions on their.
Speaker 1: Obstacle course every year.
Speaker 3: And and joth Heisman, he came very very close to my mom and he was I grew up with Sonny Jurgensen and you know these all all these old guys, were.
Speaker 5: They your team.
Speaker 1: Team growing up?
Speaker 5: What do you think about them changing the name to Commanders. I gotta go, what do you think I think it needs to be HTTR Hail to the Redskins, to the Redskins. Yeah, HTTR is the acronym that that the Redskins.
Speaker 1: Oh the Redskins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: They would say that. Yeah, HTTR would be like ht tag or.
Speaker 5: The HTTR is like the fan base, Hail to the Redskins, Hail to the Redskins, their fight song and everything. Yeah, they obviously changed the name to the Commanders, And that's always like a topic of discussion in the football world. Yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: You can understand why the name little if.
Speaker 1: It's I have problems with I have problems with a lot of a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 3: And I you know, I've worked on indigenous issues on my whole life. Twenty percent of my career has been working for Indians and and you know, negotiating treaties in Latin America and the United States, and and and and and in Canada and and indicating on behalf of Indians against.
Speaker 1: Big ballooters and stuff.
Speaker 3: So I'm very sensitive to their to those issues.
Speaker 1: But I am I was sad to see the change.
Speaker 5: That was well done.
Speaker 2: That was a great, great answer navigating those waters. Are you are you it's a tough deal? Are you hard some time?
Speaker 5: Are you a college football guy? Are you more pro? More NFL more NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want. My wife is a rabbit.
Speaker 3: Fanta. She was asked by She went to University of Central Florida and yeah, my dad. You know, you know what's interesting, my dad, because I'm watching this picture of my dad and I think that's a I think that's a Hope Indian that he's he's with.
Speaker 1: And we went to that readit.
Speaker 3: We went to all the reservations when I was growing up to the command.
Speaker 1: She's to the Cherokee Mohawk to Hope. He didn't have a hoe.
Speaker 3: Everywhere we went, he would take us to a reservation. There were always Indians in our house. He had a bunch of Eskimos. We had a freak snowstorm in Washington one time and there were a bunch of Eskimos visiting my father at the Justice Partment, and he brought them all home for lunch and they built this huge igloe in our backyard.
Speaker 1: It was very, very cool.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: But my father, in nineteen sixty eight, he went out to the Pine Ridge Reservation where I've spent a lot of time in South Dakota, and he spent a whole day there. There were twenty thousand white people waiting for him in Rapid City, and his age were saying, you got to go because Indians don't vote anyway, and I don't care. And he spent the whole day out there.
Speaker 1: He saw.
Speaker 3: A group of Sioux living on in an automobile family living in it burned out a hulk of an autoville, and it made him cry. It's the only time, other than when his brother died, that anybody had ever seen him cry. And that word spread on the reservation, and a few weeks later when he on the last day of his life, he won the state of South Dakota because he got virtually one hundred percent of the vote on the Pine Ridge and also all the other reservations Rosebuds standing Rock in North Dakota, but he won all of the Sioux vote and it put him over the edge. So the last day of his life, he won the most rural state in our country, which was South Dakota, and the most urban, and it was because of the Indian vote. But when he was at Pine Ridge that time, this is nineteen sixty eight, he met a woman who had been at Custer last and that always impressed me a lot, because Cust's sounds like it was, you know, a long time ago, but it was only it was it was ninety years before. You know, it was in eighteen seventy six, oh An wholesoon Nation was at a little big Horn river on having a pow wow.
Speaker 1: There were men, women and.
Speaker 3: Children and this little girl was a little girl living in a tepee when they went out and killed Kuster, and she then met my father when he was running for president ninety years later.
Speaker 5: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: With you just talked about your uncle and your father and both of them passing being assassinated, and the common denominators that you said, and with the stories you were telling us, everything is like they were standing up for something that they wanted them to do. And now you sit here trying to be the next president of the United States, and there's so many things that you're standing up for against these big companies who if you are elected, you're going to hurt their pockets a lot. Like where all this stuff going on? Like Trump, there's an assassination attempt on him. You just now get secret service, Like where is the Why is this so big to you? Why? Why is this so important that you you're willing to put your life at risk.
Speaker 1: I mean, my whole.
Speaker 3: Life has been kind of you know, committed to our country, and you know, I just saw it. I felt like, you know, the country was going off the rails, and and that the people who should know what America is supposed to look like like they had forgotten or something.
Speaker 1: And I felt like.
Speaker 3: Somehow all the people that I trusted to take care of business were not taking care of it, and that I kind of had a unique ability to remind people what our country is supposed still look like, that we're supposed to be an exemplary nation, that we're supposed to protect our constitution, that there's not supposed to be censorship of free speech even during pandemics. You're not supposed to close down all the churches, You're not supposed to close down the businesses. You're not supposed to suspend jury trials, all the things that.
Speaker 1: The Constitution guarantees us.
Speaker 3: And then you know, and that we've turned we're turning into a warfare estate and it's destroying the American middle.
Speaker 1: Class, and I just see everything.
Speaker 3: I don't want my kids. I want my kids to have the same love for our country and hope for their futures that I grew up with. It was a poll taken in twenty thirteen where they polled American young people between eighteen and thirty five, and they asked them, are you proud of the United States? And eighty five percent said yes? And the same poll taking five months ago, only seventeen percent said yes. Oh shit somehow, And the last, you know, in the administration, the last two administrations, you have an entire generation of kids who has lost their pride in America, who are not proud to be Americans, right, you know.
Speaker 1: And you guys grew up proud to.
Speaker 3: Be Americans, right, proud of everything.
Speaker 1: So that to me is heartbreaking. And you know that my kids are part of that generation.
Speaker 3: My kids are proud, but they're part of a generation that's not only not you know, lost their pride in our country, but they've lost.
Speaker 1: Their hope for their own futures.
Speaker 5: And you know, I just feel like I got to do something right in the last two weeks. Obviously it's been a crazy last couple weeks, but in your opinion, like what's happening with the Biden administration. He seemed excited to run then all of a sudden, they you know, report that he is falling out. Kamala Harris is now going to take over what is unfolding on the.
Speaker 3: Let me, I mean, let me ask you guys something because you're not focused on politics, but.
Speaker 2: Didn't you I'm scared of this question. You're making me go a line and my whole thing is playing.
Speaker 3: This isn't like democratic Republican, but I like I. I was not surprised by the bad performance and the debate because I was watching just YouTube videos of all of these all of these revealing videos that indicated that President Biden was having cognitive impairments, that he was you know, that he was having some kind of cognitive degeneration. And and so I always thought that there, you know, he's going to get the debate is going to be a bad night for him, because he's okay when he was talking with a prompter, but he never did unscripted encounters with voters, and he didn't do debates, he didn't do town halls, all the things that politicians normally do. They kept him from doing that. He had fewer press conferences than any president in history during this term. So I was not surprised, and it was kind of weird to me. That people acted surprise, and then the whole country pivoted against the whole media empire pivoted against him and said, oh wow, this is a huge shock, And I'm like, I was shocked. The thing that shocked me is that people were acting shocked. So I don't there's no point to this. It's like, it's not a good story.
Speaker 5: But I feel like it was. People weren't necessarily shocked. You're kind of tuning in for the entertainment factor. What's about to go down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you expected something like it was like, you know, I said this the other day, it was every time I saw him on TV, it was like watching your five year old play on a jungle gym for the first time.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh God, something bad that happen.
Speaker 2: Oh what are your emotions when you see Biden and his cognitive function? Because you've I've saw I listened to your Rogan podcast, to listen to you on Doctor Phil, and you've had a long standing relationship with him. What kind of person was Joe Biden twenty thirty years ago compared to now?
Speaker 6: He was?
Speaker 3: Well, I look at him now and I feel like he's you know, just that he's very he's old and people aged differently. I know people who have dementia, and I have relatives who have dementia, and he acts like somebody who has you know, dementia. Oh, I you know, the Joe Biden I knew was a a very very sweet man.
Speaker 1: You know, after.
Speaker 3: My cousin Kara died, and you know, my uncle had passed, my uncle Teddy already passed, and then his daughter pas In Buying, without saying anything to anybody, showed up at her funeral and her memorial and stay through the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And you know, I spent the night with the family and all that. And he didn't do it.
Speaker 3: He did it just because you know, he had compassion. I felt like he was that guy. I felt like he was a from his grant in Pennsylvania, that he was on the side.
Speaker 1: Of working people.
Speaker 3: And you know, I mean he always had problems with words, and he had some challenges during his lifetime with saying things that weren't true. But I thought generally speaking that he was, you know, committed to high ideals.
Speaker 1: And he's a guy who.
Speaker 3: Spent fifth years in service of the country. And of course there's benefits to being in political power there's also tremendous sacrifices, and I think both Republicans and Democrats who make that choice that it's not an easy way to live. It's a really difficult way to live. And most people, I think could do you know other stuff that And so I respect anybody who makes that choice, even if I don't agree with them. That's I think, that's my best.
Speaker 5: This Twisted question, This final question is brought to you by Twisted Tea, a refreshing hard iced teammate with real brew tea and five percent alcohol, full of flavor and very refreshing. It goes down super smooth because there's no carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. Twist the tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day, and it is the perfect beverage for game day, whether tailgating in the parking lot or watching it at home with your friends. Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game day, Keep it twisted with the boys, and grab a refreshing Twisted today. Here is the Twisted Question with rfk JR. There were rumors. There were rumors of Aaron Rodgers being your VP. At one point in time, was there ever a formal uh invite.
Speaker 1: I talked to him about it. Yeah, I talked to him about it.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: You know, I asked him. I asked him, I asked him, would he do it? And uh, I really love Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: I think he's got tremendous courage and.
Speaker 1: He does. He's committed to you know, he's a guy.
Speaker 3: He does critical thinking, and he's he's somebody who you guys don't think a lot about politics. He's thinking about it all the time. He's you know, skeptical of authority, and he is a very very interesting mind. He's fascinating to talk to. And uh so I think he would, you know, and he's he's curious about everything.
Speaker 1: My uncle.
Speaker 3: When he first met Jackie, who you know he ended up marrying. She was a reporter I think it was for Harold and she was doing any interview with them, and she asked and what he thought his best quality was and she assumed that he was going to say courage because his own history of you know, demonstrating physical bravery.
Speaker 1: And then he had written a book called Profiles and Courage.
Speaker 3: There was about moral courage among you know, a political leaders in our country of political leaders who had made choice is that benefited our country and ruined their careers.
Speaker 1: And knowingly did that.
Speaker 3: And he wrote a whole you know, he wrote it's a series of stories about these people who torched their own careers. And he had won a Pulitzer Prize for that. Look, Oh, Jackie assumed that he was going to probably say that courage was his strongest, his best, but he said curiosity. He said that was his greatest attribute. It's great as the virtue that was most important to him politically. And I understand why he said that, because it's one of the ways that he was able to keep peace, because he was he was curious about why how Khrushchev saw the world. He was curious about how Castro saw the world. He you know, he he ended up with Khrushchev having this extraordinary we had. You know, during that time when my uncle came into office, the CIA didn't know anything about what was happening in the Kremlin because there was a mole in Langley and as soon as they got a spy, a high level person in the Kremlin, the Kremlin would know within days and they'd kill the guy.
Speaker 5: And and so they it was.
Speaker 3: It was just a dark space for them. And they the way that they explained what was happening to the Kremlin to my uncle, and it was kind of monolithic, and they all were bent on world domination and that they had a plan and they were all working together. And my uncle was like, I don't think that that's possible. He said, it's got to be like Boston, where they all, you know, are trying to stab each other and they're fighting with each other, and they have different world views and there's some good ones and some bad ones. And he was really curious about it, and he went to meet there's a picture here of him in his first meeting with Khrushchef in Vienna, and that was at the beginning of his presidency and he was very, very hopeful of finding.
Speaker 1: A path to peace with Khrushchef.
Speaker 3: A Khrushchef robusted, rebuffed him, and Kruschev was very bombastic, and he gave him a lecture on US imperialism and said that he wasn't scared the United States and that you know, the the Russians had won the war, not the United States against the Nazis, which you know was pretty true, and that and that they could take any punishment. They weren't scared of anything, and sent my uncle away really discouraged. And but Khrushev was an interesting guy because he had been in the war, he'd been in general and he was and he was at the worst battle in the war, which was Stalingrad, where they were eating each other literally, you know, they were there was widespread cannibalism. They ate the dogs, they ate the horses, and then they started eating each other. And he saw things that you know, nobody you know, just terrible, terrible things. He didn't won another war, and and Russia had lost one out of every seven of its citizens during that war. Russians just you know, took the full brunt of Hitler. And then after the Cuban midsk the confrontation at Checkpoint Charlie, which is there were two tank battalions that were facing each other off on the when they were building when the Russians were building the Berlin Wall, because all of them, the Germans from the part of Russia that was occupied East Germany, which was occupied by the Soviets, they all wanted to get out to the US side, and so they were coming over and so the Russian solved that problem by building a wall, you know, this terrible wall at last until nineteen ninety three. And during that period, a US general named Lucius Clay.
Speaker 1: Put bulldozer plows.
Speaker 3: On the front of tanks and then went to plow down the wall, and Russian Tank Division met him on the other side at a crossing called Checkpoint Charlie. And we were moments away from nuclear confrontation, and my uncle sent a message to Khruschef and Khrushchef said, my back is to the wall.
Speaker 1: He said, we got it.
Speaker 3: We got My uncle said, we got to solve this. We cannot start bombing each other. And Khrushchev said, my back is to a wall. I cannot go farther back. And what he was saying to my uncle is, I'm surrounded by people here who want this, and I'm limited in what I agree with you. I don't want this war, but you got to help me somehow. And they ended up helping each other to solve that crisis, and after that they developed this relationship with trust and we had what I was growing up, my parents had a There was a Soviet spy who was He worked for the gru which is the military spy agency.
Speaker 1: And for the KGB.
Speaker 3: And this was the time the first James Bond film started coming out, So you know, we knew all about Russian spies because they.
Speaker 1: Were in the James Bond films, and.
Speaker 3: So we were very excited when my parents began bringing this guy to our house. His names is Georgie Bolskoys and they had met him at the Soviet embassy at a party, and he was very charming.
Speaker 1: He was kind of a squat. He was a real athlete.
Speaker 3: He could climb a rope with his legs stuck out like that. He would do push up contest with my father.
Speaker 1: He could do the Cossack dancing where you know, he'd say, get on the table, which is very hard to do. It looks yeah, were you in an ac.
Speaker 2: Yeah a cl then another one yeah two years later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can't do it, but I can't do it, and I can.
Speaker 2: Watch and appreciate the O. I know, we've got to get you out of here in just a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he was finished telling this real quick. I asked, which is that Georgie Bolshkoy.
Speaker 2: My parents.
Speaker 3: The State Department hated the fact that my parents were seeing we're having a Soviet spy at their home. We all loved him, and they loved him because he was really joyful and he was buoyant, and but a Khrushchef trusted him, and my uncle trusted him. And Khrushcheff began smuggling letters to my uncle. And the first letter he sent him, and he sent in a New York Times was Georgie Bolshkoy folded the letter into New York Times and smuggled with my father, And the first letter apologized for what he had done in Vienna and said, we got off to a bad start. And he said, I'm sitting in my dutcha on the Black Sea, and I'm watching children play, and I'm thinking, we don't have a right to kill these children. And my uncle then sent him back a letter saying, I'm sport watching my nieces and nephews play with my children, and you know, they have a right to grow up, to write poetry and to play baseball and to you know, be political leaders and this, and if we blow it for them, it's our crime. And they started writing each other, and they hid it from their own intelligence apparatus, their own they were both realized they were surrounded by warhawks and intelligence apparatus in the military, and that they were isolated in their own governments, and that they found each other and that they had to keep the countries.
Speaker 1: Out of the war.
Speaker 3: And you know, and they wrote twenty six letters to each other. The last one was sent the day by Krushev the way the day that my uncle died, and they had made were making plans to end the arms race, only to get rid of all the nuclear weapons and to join each other in making the world better for humanity. And you know, kruse Chef was proposed right after my uncle was I was murdered. But it was because of my uncle's capacity for curiosity that he just could not believe that khru Chef was the sinister, evil character that have been made. That he had to be more multi dimensional than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been portrayed us honestly, I know we've got to get you out of here, and but I wish we could. Is that how we want to spend our last five minutes? Five? Do we have five to two minutes? So we have we have two minutes. I would love to have literally two more hours, like just listening and sitting and kind of learning about what it's like going up as Kennedy, your uncle, your dad, the things they've gone through, the things you've gone through, has been amazing. And I know that with these long form podcasts you really believes the new form of media where people get to learn different views instead of just the mainstream media. So people that are listening to you right now for the first time, what would be the message that you would want to send to them?
Speaker 3: I mean I had to ask them, go look at our website at Kennedy twenty four dot com, and don't vote out of fear. Don't vote because you think that guy is going to end the Republic, So you have to vote for your guy or this guy. But if Americans vote for Hope, I have the highest favorability rating of any candidate who is running, higher than President Trump, high than President than Cammel, much higher than either of them. People voted for the person they want to vote for a win. Most Americans now are being taught to vote for out of fear. If you if you vote for Bobby, it's a wasted vote. So you've got to vote for Trump or Biden. And eighty five percent of Americans don't want to vote for either. And my job is, you know, over the next four months, is to convince people to vote out of hope and out of inspiration and out of you know, belief in our country rather than out of fear. I would ask people to go to Kennedy for dot com look at our positions on the issues We've tried to what I've tried to. I don't feed into the vitrio all to the marginalization. I don't the polarization. I don't I don't attack President Trump or President Biden. I talk about their issues where they're wrong, but personally I don't.
Speaker 1: Attack them.
Speaker 3: And I you know, I've tried to find the issues that the values that unite us all as Americans rather than focusing on the culture war issues that are used to keep us at each other's throats. And you know, those landscapes of things that we share in common America are so much broader and the little stuff that you know is orchestrated to keep us apart.
Speaker 5: Man, thank you for coming on. This has been an honor. This is obviously a big year for our country, for Nebraska going after the Big ten title, and then we really appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 2: We do appreciate you coming on this. This has been a very cool experience.
Speaker 1: I'm just a way for a year.
Speaker 4: Ten sty.
Speaker 5: You already know that.
Speaker 2: You just lost a vote from me. Yes, sir, you know we needed that boy man who plugged that in your ear before you walked in.
Speaker 5: He's a fan washing washing you know what.
Speaker 2: I got a good team. He's got a good group of boys behind them.
Speaker 5: Huh. He watched he watched the boy. He watched the boy back when I played from Washington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, captain, Yeah, captain, captain of the team. We do appreciate this. This is awesome, you know. I mean this bus starting the gravel parking lot on a hot spot and stealing power from an RV company and to be sitting here with you is pretty cool. So we really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me. It's really fun talking to you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the stories. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 5: We need to get out on that obstacle course.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, yeah, Kennedy Compound next podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll be there.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you guys. Subscribe to five Stars. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 5: I know you guys. Got to Joe Fastcau we do one team photo, Yeah, one team photo, one squad photo.
Speaker 2: Do we do it in here? M hm