Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is leading off live. It is b Joey, p Joe Pisapia with me as always is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks hanging out here on our twitch Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's the place to find us live this season, and of course we will also be on the YouTube channel. Subscribe to the YouTube channel Fantasy Bros MLB. Yeah, right now, we're trying to get to twenty five thousand by opening day. If we do. Guess what it's gonna be. Mario and Luigi right here, the two of us are gonna be dressing up. So I'm pretty sure you guys are gonna want to see that Welsh. We had Game two of Dodgers Cubs. We had Roki Sazaki's debut. We had a lot of news to get to as well, including another picture that we both had expectations for that maybe might have to be tempered just a tad, but Welsh regardless, baseball's fun. It's good to have baseball. Let's dive right into it and let's talk about the game. Here Another w FO or the Dodgers. Stop me if you heard this one before six' three is the. Final Lennon knach gets the W steel friend of the, Show we love. You justin didn't have his best stuff. Today again weird exhibition. Moments there he falls to oh in. One that era is at, eleven so there you. Go that should be. Fun the lines, though Justin, steel four, innings five earned, runs five, strikeouts though just one. Walk you get to give up two home. Runs that was the problem. Things, unfortunately just like, yesterday the second inning became a pain in the rear end For cubs. Pitchers and on the other, Side Rokiye, sazaki who was adrenaline pumping throwing one hundred and one miles an, hour uh jet flying all over the son of a gun who then and then for, him the location not so. Good you, know he ended up with a line of just three, innings, pitch five, walks three K's. Welsh let's talk about Roky sazaki because that's when everybody wants to talk about the. DEBUT i don't want to put too much stock into. This yamamoto was really bad last year in that start too that he had In japan Or. Korea excuse, me you, know you get a situation Where Roki sazaki adrenaline absolutely flying through the. ROOF i didn't like his mound. PRESENCE i didn't like his. Demeanor to, me it was a big problem and the biggest problem THAT i, saw And i'm gonna exploit. It at least early, on he was giving up the biggest jumps on these stolen. Bases i've seen it a long. Time he is long to the, plate he takes forever to deliver the, baseball not good at holding runners. On i'm gonna be looking for stolen based props against opposing. Teams Roki sazaki and he's on the mound like. Crazy those are my big. Takeaways, velocity good, location not so. Much what were yours from Seeing roki in his major league?
Speaker 2: Debut, YEAH i think it's hard To it's hard to balance a little bit of like you're pitching In japan and the nerves and what was going on there versus some of the results because you, know he wasn't throwing. Strikes he had a fifty percent zone rate on his. Slide so the, slider which funny, enough has been kind of, lauded is like not a good pitch that ended. Up he only threw it four, times but it got two, whiffs it got a called, strike it had a fifty percent zone. Rate but the main pitches of you, know you only threw fifty six total, pitches sixty six percent, fastball twenty seven percent, splitter bad zone, rates forty three percent. Fastball that's well below, average and a what was it seven percent on the, Splitter and that's a big, problem and that that's always that's My i've called it My Casey mize, issue Where Casey mize was like biggest pitcher in the, world but it's like if you're not throwing that splitter for strikes and guys are just gonna not swing at, it and then you're just gonna have guys teeing off on your. Fastball that was in theory kind of what was going to go on. Here he had two total whiffs on that. Splitter he threw fifteen, times one called. Strike it was a thirteen PERCENT csw and his fastball a fourteen PERCENT. Cew they did not swing at the zero percent zone percentage on the splitter because he wasn't thirding for strikes fourteen percent out of the. Zone So i'm just giving you just more like analytical stuff to just be, like, listen the splitter wasn't going the fastball looks. Good he has struggles with. Commands and it does take me a tiny bit back to that conversation we have With Lance brasdowski where he said there are some that, feel at the end of the, day you, know there might be reliever in. There AND i think that's a hit extreme at the end of the. Day, yeh and he can hone.
Speaker 1: In that's a tough investment to sell The dodger fan right.
Speaker 2: Now but, man like you, know with the, walks when you're looking at the walks and the lack of, STRIKES i wonder where this is going to go long term into the, season and like is he how many times is he going to get to five or? Six you, know it's like a modern Day Blake, Snell like is he like over Under let's say he has twenty five. Starts what do you set the line at games he goes six innings or?
Speaker 1: Higher twenty five, Game i'm gonna say he goes six innings in twelve of. THEM i mean maybe at you, know, Eleven i'm gonna say less than.
Speaker 2: Half i'm gonna say like, Five i'm not sure he's gonna go more than yeah yeah. Fantasy, PERSONALLY i think that's the big.
Speaker 1: Problem and then so Then Michael kelly salty producer in the chat right. Now but but whilst to that point, too you look at where he's being, drafted it's kind of, obeah like twenty nine overall right now AT sp one hundred and one overall in THE. Adp Roki's azaki in my rankings was already in the forties anyway before this. Start i've dropped him to fifty. Overall you look At Freddy peralta going after, Him Hunter brown going After Joe, Ryan Zach, Gallon Sunny. Gray these are all very proven pictures that have been out there and giving you full seasons. Already Rokis azaki. Hasn't it's. ABSURD i Take Spencer strider, Over i'll take, McClanahan i'll contra all these. Guys it's absurd to think of him as a top fifty. Pitcher he is right on the fringe right. Now for, Me i'll go even further to say guys THAT i have innings concerns, with Like Gavin william potentially this, Season i'd rather Have Gavin williams this year Than Roki sazaki For Redraft. League do you feel the same way and where do you Have roki in your?
Speaker 2: Ranks, NO i don't THINK i feel the same. WAY i MEAN i get THE i get where you're going with, it And i've been preaching since day one my concern of investment On Roki. Suzaki some of it was also about like would the team slow his role and you, know maybe even bring him into camp to try to work on some stuff they're letting him. SLIDE i had him before this start at thirty, nine SO i was, like you, know with you a little bit That i'm way lower the, Consensus AND i have SAID i had been worried and probably not drafting many shares now That i'm, LIKE i don't want to go nuts and be, like, hey this start In, japan this exhibitioning game is the reason you need to plummet. Down because for, me it was a little bit more of like a confirmation of, like oh, yeah some of those worries THAT i, had they do see him in our. Face there might be more walks he might struggle to get, into and maybe there's some other things that are gonna kind of taper him. Back i'm looking AND i have a couple guys now THAT i see him, like they probably shouldn't be BELOW i probably will drop him, down AND i think the number is going to be forty two under some and we're going to talk about a picture that has some bad news we heard today that maybe could move him up one. Spot BUT i think outside the forties is going to be the, range and he more than, Importantly i'm not interested in investing. Him i've got a couple more drafts coming up between this weekend and even early next. WEEK i will continue my no shares Of Roki, sazaki and things could turn. Around BUT i outside of being, like, oh this actual visual game was just, trash it's just, like, well now there's a CONFIRMATION i think of some of the. Concerns ironically, though the slider being, good the fastball seemed, okay the splitter was. Bad when the splitter's, going we'll see how this works for, him but not the type of RISK i would much Rather Spencer strider and potential early misseason time hand over fist Over Roki sazaki and the ranks don't dictate that right, Now, joey like you were, saying, Like roki is.
Speaker 1: Over roky is absurd right, Now it's absolutely freaking, Absurd And i'm, like that's WHY i had him in the forties, Already seewonkeye Peng win had him in the forty at forty, exactly But i've dropped him to. Fifty and it is reactionary to this, start not Because i'm trying to hot. Take oh my, god it's well the first day of base if that's all the dumbest, Thing but to your, point it's all my worst fears were all wrapped into one about What roki would, be which starts against The Colorado. Rockies i'm in on starts against better teams like The cubs are gonna be tricky for, Him like The cubs lineups a good lineup at the end of the, day you. KNOW i mean Sayes azuki is a good, Hitter Kyle tucker is a good, hitter you, know and those guys came close to putting some bats on balls there where it might have even been a very different start that we could be talking about here For. Roki BUT i think the mound demeanor to, me you, know it's. Funny we're doing all the. Giveaways, Right we've got the you Know John smoltz. Giveaway we've talked about some of our favorite. Pitchers If John smoltz didn't have his, best you'd never know it because of his mound. Demeanor presence on the mound is very important if you're gonna be a successful pitcher at this level of the major. Leagues And, roki to me looked shaken a, lot and WHY i understand there's a lot of pressure on. You it's, okay you, know it's first starting the major. Leagues When i'm playing In, japan there's a lot of. Hypes is a lot, okay, fine but still you can't give that away to the opposing team in the opposing offense because it's going to eventually lead to bad things and they know that you're not confident to make a strike in a big, spot and they're gonna take those. Walks and, again he got out of some jams here WHERE i think this star could have been way. WORSE i already had him in the. Forties i'm gonna throw him out early in every single salary cap draft That i'm in BECAUSE i want other people to bid On Roki sazaki and leave all the money to me to go bid On sandy Al?
Speaker 2: Contra do do you think though at? All let's say the first regular like a regular regular season, start he goes, five he strikes out. Seven he walks to he's throwing strikes more, like are you do you think you're gonna turn on dime a little bit harder back in the other.
Speaker 1: Direction, no Because i'm worried about him regardless going through the entire. SEASON i had concerns going in from some of the stuff THAT i, saw and we were talking about this before the. Show it's amazing to, watch you, know him going out there throwing one hundred miles an hour off the. Clip and then There's Kirby yates who's throwing ninety three the bottom, third persentile and, velocity and he's getting swings and misses everywhere on. Everything, why, location the pitch, mix all those things that you, know a guy Like Kirby yates offers as opposed to a guy Like Roky. Sazaki AND i Know roki's a. STARTER i get all, that but, pitching the art of pitching is a lost art. Form AND i love you, know The Max vila is. Exciting you, know it's all this. Stuff sometimes you get, both Like Paul skean, says, both you know when you had, both that's when everybody gets really. Excited BUT i think the amount of attention On Roki sazaki is absurd and it's going to continue to keep his price. HIGH i don't think people are going to pay too much mind to the, start but for those of us that were, SKEPTICAL i think it does reinforce a lot of our. FEELINGS i want to get to some other things here before we get to more stuff from this game and some more. Takeaways just a quick reminder. Too if you've got drafts coming, up we've got help for You Draft. Assistant all you have to do is Download fantasy PROS Mlb Draft wizard right, now and you want to get The Draft assistant when you sink your leagues for. Free that's the way to do. It Draft assistant connects directly to your. Draft it's going to give you real time. Recommendations you can create cheat. Sheets it's going to tell you with insights if you can make a value pick to boost your. Teams, also if you're in those five by five, leagues you could see the category projections as you're, drafting which is incredibly. Useful maybe you need batting, average maybe you need, steals maybe need. Era all of that is in here with draft, assistants so use it for all of your. Drafts it's the ultimate cheat code to dominate your friends in fantasy. Baseball all, right let's get to some other things here from this game. Too we talked about Justin Seal, Again i'm not too concerned with this one. Either he looked. Okay he just looked like and frankly like like he just wasn't ready to pitch right now like they. Were they need another two weeks of spring, training which is. Fine Tommy edmund goes yard in this. One Keith ernandez goes yard in this, one as well As Shoeo tani on a home run that almost wasn't but under, review it was so some power here from The. Dodgers and you, know when you look at The dodgers, too this is A dodger team Without, freeman Without Mookie, betts still winning. Games and that is WHY i think The dodgers are going to be one hundred win team again in twenty twenty. Five, well shitty takeaways here from This dodger offense that you thought was.
Speaker 2: Intriguing, YEAH i Mean Tommy. Edmund Tommy EDMUND i think is the you, know the real big winner. Here we've, seen you, know the high batting order spot With Mookie bets. Out obviously that's not going to continue and he can move to six or something like, that but consistently hitting the homer is a good. Spot he had two hard hit balls in this. ONE i think that's something to pay attention to. IT i, BELIEVE i believe he might have been one of the guys we had talked about OR i may have even talked about in this league With Frank stamful from a time, back that you, know he's kind of. Underrated he's underrated as far as like where he's being drafted in the outfield spot and what you, know second base qualit or middle infield qualifications are going to be out there THAT i don't, KNOW i feel good about maybe bumping him up a tiny. Bit and he's in that grouping of those outfielders where it's, like you, Know i'm looking for stolen bases with a little bit of. Everything this offense is just a, powerhouse and if they're ever going to give us opportunities where he hits higher in the. Lineup he's deserving of that. There SO i think of all the offensive guys that did something for, me it Was Tommy edmunds for The.
Speaker 1: Dodgers, Yeah tommy Edmond and yeah we did Troll Mike maher about drafting him because he's Still tommy Edmund but, look anybody in this offense is going to be mildly productive at. Minimum on the other, side, Here cubs offense still. Struggle bus three strikeouts for Sayez. Azuki Kyle tucker did get a hit to drow a run, THERE i got an offer From michael Bush shaw did get a, hit so that was. Good also made some good plays in the, field so that was good to. See so, OVERALL i think The cubs just want to get back To, arizona just get out of there and, say all, right, well starting year zero and two is not what we, wanted but we had to play The dodgers at the top of the year in a tough set of circumstances, Too so it is what it, is as the kids like to, say and we'll be moving. On AND i want to move on to the probably most, impactful potentially piece of, news which was The Jared jones news that dropped a couple hours. Ago, Really Jared jones will miss his next springs start with elbow Discomfort Rural. Welsh this is one guy that you like THAT i like that is getting a second, opinion and you, know the first opinions typically obviously aren't that, good SO i would be dropping him. Significantly i've alread dropped him out of my top one hundred BECAUSE i just can't go there right. Now just that's my way of telling you all avoid unless it's basically, free and this typically doesn't go the way we. Like So Jared jones definitely one of your favorite. Guys so how are you holding up with this? News?
Speaker 2: YEAH i THINK i had him on the sleeper or the breakout or. WHATEVER i don't love. It it's been nothing but oblique strains and elbow discomfort this entire. OFFSEASON i think yesterday we had You darvish having some elbow discomfort or. Inflammation that's not.
Speaker 1: Good but none of us we're excited about drafting You darvish this.
Speaker 2: YEAR i don't, know But i'm just, saying like it's starting to pick. Up, yeah it's it's it's devastating to hear. IT i don't know if it's the end of the. Day i'm not Making i'm not anything, Today Like i'm just not gonna really move. Him i'm just gonna wait it out to see if it's a little bit of. Nothing BUT i am very worried, about you, know the doctor check. Up if they if they say second opinion and they don't get if they like do the Like we're not going to tell you what it, is but he's going for a second. Opinion, Plummeting i'm absolutely. Plumbing isn't that what they're.
Speaker 1: DOING i, mean that's not What.
Speaker 2: No they said, that, well, no, no they said that he's going to get checked. Out i'm saying if they're like he's been checked out and he's seeking a second, opinion that's.
Speaker 1: On i'll.
Speaker 2: Plummet AND i wanted to say game here goes exactly to WHERE i wanted to. Go if it does, HAPPEN i Think Bubba chandler would be the. Option Bubba chandler had a phenomenal. Spring he's one of three pitchers though that they've got a TRIPLE a that would be. Likely they Got Braxton, Ashcraft Thomas harrington and, Him but there were already rumors about him potentially breaking the rotation If Jared jones goes for the dreaded second opinion and he is out for an extended period of. TIME i do think it Puts Bubba chandler on the hot seat to get a rotation. Spot AND i took him IN. Tgfbi as you, know we don't have like baby, Spring. Bubba i'm sorry THE i know the era floated up.
Speaker 1: A five and runs only two, strikeouts four. Walks he's been. Dreadful it's the.
Speaker 2: Stuff it's the. Stuff read those by me. Again are you looking at.
Speaker 1: A game at spring? Training stats right here on the official site, Here Bubba chandler uh three, games two and a third, inning three, hits five, earned four, walks two. Strikeouts unless you've got something else THAT i don't, know perhaps, THIS i.
Speaker 2: Think that's one of the, game BECAUSE i believe it's one of the. Games it was like The march eighth game was where a lot of the walks came. From he was really. Walkie it was four walks in that one.
Speaker 1: Start it was like A wakie.
Speaker 2: Penguin, yeah, Yeah waukee. Penguin but it's the stuff has been there and they've lauded the stuff and he kind of bounced back after that bad walk. Start his stuff plus numbers across the board that WAS tj. STATS i think it is does a stuff plus, model and in that start that he had where he walked the, four all of his pitches still had an over one hundred stuff plus across the board and it gave him like a one six stuff plus even when he wasn't great. There so to your, POINT i incorrectly said. That BUT i Think Bubba channeler is the guy that they go to AND i will make the investment on and pick up quickly if we hear the second. Opinion but that's WHY i don't want to like quite wait, yet well.
Speaker 1: AWAY i double checked ON FLb dot com to make sure that The Baseball reference stats were updated and they, were and, chance look THET i know everyone gets so and throlled with the. STUFF i want, results, okay LIKE i want results with my. Pictures and this goes to another question here From Knucket, futts friend of the, show Uh hi picks on. Pitching this is something that if you've watched my drafts, here we got another draft coming up this, week we got another one coming up next week a mock draft. SHOW i do not draft pictures in the first three rounds, sometimes you, know in the first four, rounds for this very. Reason like the volatility of pitchers at this stage Of Major League, baseball AND i played in the head to head points, leagues it's still. BRUTAL i remember a time where the first six to seven picks were the best pitchers in. Baseball it was The pedro And Randy johnson's And shillings and all these guys that would kind of go right through this run, here and then you would start getting the you, know you get The griffi's in there, too because you wanted that big time two hundred and fifty three hundred strikeout, guy because those guys were murderous in those. Formats now things have. Changed here's another question from cookie head to head categories league with saves holds as a, category are you more willing to punt on a closer so, well when saves and holds are, together are you more willing to, say, Oh i'll just take some elite relievers instead of just going solely for. Closers sure of.
Speaker 2: COURSE i mean this year you've Got Jason Adam lucas OR i mean guys that had potential closer spots like er SEG i think Aj puck flies up boards because he's like an elite strikeout guy for The. Diamondbacks that would go up There Channer scott if he's just in a hold situation and they were to put him in the eighth or saving for The dodgers top ten. Easy so, Yeah i'm not high paying for a closer in a savehold. Situation and there there are way too many good set up guys Like Jose alvarado has had an absolutely bonker's spring with insane stuff. Numbers, uh six, starts all the strikeouts in the way.
Speaker 1: Is already the? Close like haven't they already?
Speaker 2: Gone but if it's save and? Holds what the hell DO i?
Speaker 1: CA i? Know like that you can't keeper hope up too. Much, yeah that's just my.
Speaker 2: Point, like no chance AM i high investing in Like CLASS a and all them when you can get some high high holds guys.
Speaker 1: Later here's another really interesting. One. Uh but by the, Way Wonky penguin, says has any second Of payton ever been different than the? First? UH i think once or, Twice but let's put it out of two percent, Mark you're one hundred percent, right Wonk uh From Tilda Beggins. Uh the Potential Jared jones replacement in deep Leagues Griffin, Canning casey Meis Ryan. Weathers i'm Going Griffin. Cannon you want to talk about a guy who looked really. Good we have nine strikeouts the other, day, Unbelievable and you, know we can joke all we, want AND i am a self Loathing met, fan BUT i have to come to this moment here where this. Organization Clearly Griffin canning is at moments with The angels WHERE i Know i've picked him up off the waiver, wire only to be disappointed and having to drop him. Back i'm not saying that it's all systems, go but right now he slotted to be the fifth starter coming out because of the injuries they've. Had and if The mets continue to do this thing where they take these guys that have shown glimpses of being good and harness what they do well and teach them to do other things better and rely on what they do, Well i'm just, saying like we saw it With, manaiah we saw With Severa, Reina we're seeing it With Clay. Holmes we're seeing it With Griffin. Canning i'm gonna keep investing in That Welsh what about? You would you Take? Weathers mies Are canning right?
Speaker 2: Now probably take WEATHER i, MEAN i think they're all kind of. Interesting i'm not as In uncanning as you, are but, like, uh you, Know Ryan weathers and the stuff changes look like they're kind of going through the roof The marlins kind of secret. ROTATION i also kind of secretly even talk About Casey miz. Earlier The Casey, miz someone you know who might be bouncing my order is Probably, Weathers mize And. Canning BUT i also would, say, LIKE i don't think it's a big. DIFFERENCE i think they're all very interesting on the back. Half must be a deep league if those are the only options in replacement Of Jared.
Speaker 1: Jones by the, way the PRETTY i, mean, look it's probably a fourteen fifteen team Er solar Flour Mason miller in the tenth Or ober in the. Thirteenth, ooh this is a tricky.
Speaker 2: One Miller miller for, Me i'm not a Big ober. Guy great, value awesome. Value and if sps are FOR i, mean you didn't give us the context of the. League but if sps are like super, valuable you can go. Over But Mason miller can get a top, closer it's super. CHEAP i would go with the top tier On Mason.
Speaker 1: Miller. There, YES i want to thank all The peanuts and The crackerjacks for migrating. OVER i know it's a. PAIN i know it's another app on your phone or another thing you got to learn or sign up, for but it helps. Us if it helps, us then there's a better chance that we're doing the show three years from, now and that's what we want to. Do we love all of, you we love The peanuts And. Crackerjacks just want to remind everybody, too we are doing the show live On twitch, Now twitch dot, tv Slash Fantasy. Pros that's where you will find. Us and another quick reminder. Too once the drafts are, over you're gonna have to manage all of your, teams so make sure you download my playbook FOR mlb right now wherever you get your, apps or go To fantasypros dot com SLASH. Mlb my playbook set your lineups right from one spot when you sink your leagues for, Free so if you're multiple. Leagues imagine the time you're saving on A monday or any, day and daily transactions leads everyone of those kind of crazy lunatic. People you could see the top players available on waivers right. There in all your leagues. Too you can, see oh, No i've got an injury To Jared. Jones how many leagues DO i have them? In? Oh three of? Five, WELL i better go and hurry up and make sure THAT i get those leagues all. Situated that's what my playbook allows you to. Do everybody uses it for, football not enough people use it for. Baseball it's. INCREDIBLE i use it for all my. Leagues you should to download my playbook right now FOR mlb wherever you get your, apps right, Now Draft, wizard do it all sink your. Leagues it's. Free here's another question for The peanuts and The Cracker. Jacks this one's From. Brick let's get To briock's. Question, here keep Two Reagan's Kirby schwelly box And Bryce miller Or Jackson. Joe, Well reagan's is, in so it's really keep.
Speaker 2: One, YEAH i, Mean i'm gonna go With kirby. HERE i really want to Take schwelly and someone in the chat had, mentioned, well the pols For. Kirby, yeah but it looks Like kirby is on the strider train of like a Mid april return and, listen.
Speaker 1: Like remember that's return to remember. THAT i remember that he's gonna turn Mid april maybe Early.
Speaker 2: May, hey hands, up like there is some inherent. Risk but the problem, Is George kirby is like a top ten, pitcher win healthy and god if he can get out of his head and you, know stop being LIKE i gotta only throw strikes at all times and try to get some whiffs like he could be a cy young. CANDIDATE i Love, schwellenbach AND i Think schwellenbach's gonna take the next big. Run But i'm Saying reagan's And kirby here Because kirby looks like he's Just, YEAH i don't Think kirby's gonna miss as much time as we.
Speaker 1: Thought i'm the pessimist around these parts, because uh, well once, again we've seen. This i've seen this story, before seen this. Movie it's like The hallmark. Movies they all end the. Same i'm just telling you every single one of, them you, know small town guy meets the you know girl who had to leave. Town and she comes back and oh, no The Christmas tree farm is going. Under it turns out that her company is buying. It oh my. Goodness well maybe if they just go for a long walk and have some hot, coco everything will work. Out guess what it ends up doing that they end up falling in love living happily ever. After but it's the. Opposite all these stories tend to have a terrible. Ending So i'm gonna Go. Schwallenbach by the, Way, uh did your wife watch those stupid? Movies?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: Movie The hallmark, movies The Hallmark Life.
Speaker 2: Day, yeah we don't even have cable. Anymore we don't even have.
Speaker 1: Cable we don't have. It, well there's A Wholemark, channel and you can just get them on the.
Speaker 2: CHIT i would have to actively be like, her what's on the whole you, Like no one's doing.
Speaker 1: That they're all just reading books At welsh's house there The house Of Learned.
Speaker 2: DOCTORS i have so many. TVs there's way too many, screens like anywhere that you go not watching three am baseball In japan THOUGH i got up again six.
Speaker 1: AM i get up at six, anyway watch the baseball, game just lounging around ten team head to. Head this is From, Bourbon hoskins on the waiver. Wire is he worth a pick? Up it depends when you're. Dropping see that's the, Problem. Bourbon so if you want to drop who you're. Dropping that is more to the, Point Like hoskins is, Fine like he's a fine, addition BUT i don't, Know and YEAH i am a. Heel yeah, SORRY i am a. Heel COULD i say we supposed to be missing a couple of weeks and he missed basically the whole. Season so this is what. Happens every. Year this, happens and every year we try to be, like, oh everything's gonna be. Fine if it's gonna be, fine it's never. Fine it's always a. Problem parrett call is gonna Have Tommy. John THERE i said.
Speaker 2: It they also weren't very clear with. Us take a breath. There they they weren't very clear about the CODE i sanga. Stuff they're just, like, yeah he'll be back at some point when you get some clarity on, like, oh, Yeah kirby is, Progressing he's gonna be back Mid. April like that makes me feel like a tiny bit. Better by the. Way did you see somebody was able to unlock the Positive joe draft and and not get the negative which Total they, Tweeted, no they tweeted at, you they TWEET i saw.
Speaker 1: IT i missed this this. MORNING i was too my new, passport which took over an. Hour oh my, god Post no you, no.
Speaker 2: It's ONE i think that happened. Yesterday you like literally commented back to, them like they unlocked a Positive joe. Draft you KNOW i was looking AND i was, LIKE i must have loved that draft BECAUSE i did.
Speaker 1: Just and obviously people have been watching the shows because we hit records On sunday And monday for views on OUR mlb. Channel, again fancy ROS mlb, Subscribe bring The belt to the days in the history most use every a YouTube, CHANNEL i believe now not quite. That, hey some you've heard this one. Before Max sure's is hurt day to day rite thumb sore on. This this guy has the weirdest. AILMENTS i swear to. God it's a, back it's a, neck it's a, thumb IT'S i, MEAN i don't THINK i could do. IT i just don't THINK i could do it. Anymore it's tempt because you see him go out there and he'll throw the ball and look pretty. Good and then it's just it's just coming every single. Start you're just waiting for the. News like he must have like A fantasy pros news, Desk like like rewards, Card can we get him a rewards?
Speaker 2: Card it's still, yeah Like.
Speaker 1: May's in charge of, THIS i think because he's in charge of a lot of, Things Mike, mayer we needed a special rewards card.
Speaker 2: For ten, injuries and your eleventh igh l stent is.
Speaker 1: Free. Yeah. Free, Also Gunnar, henderson finally good, news took batting practice On. Tuesday so that's WHAT i have no problem With Gunner. Hendry Like i've seen some people starting to fade him in. Drafts i'm not fading, him are.
Speaker 2: YOU i KNOW i said this ON itl on The Latest. SHOW i was, like if if you happen to be doing a draft and you're lucky enough That gunner feled, eleven snap call. Him the only thing that has become difficult for me Because i'll still take him in the single. Digits it's just Like corbin is, There, like you, Know corbyn looks like that shoulder is. Better he's kind of back to it he's having a great. Spring WHAT i maybe Take corbin Over. GUNNER i think that's become, difficult BUT i think insaid the top ten is still just like a no brainer For.
Speaker 1: Gunner More orioles News Kobe mayo gets optioned to TRIPLE a because you, know all he did was hit go seven for his last. NINETEEN i, mean what are we, Doing? Orioles what are we doing? Here you got all these guys and you have no pitching Because Graceon, rodriguez you, know by the, way is hurt right. Now he is working his way back theoretically resumed playing off flat ground.
Speaker 2: Cortizone SHOT i believe he's having. Today or, no he already had the quarter zone shot and today he's going to throw off a flat. Ground this is hold your, breath hold on to your, Butts Samuel jackson, Here, well, NO i know it's. NO i, Mean i'm saying hold on to your, Butt, joe because this could be telling of how this. Goes how many times we heard this, like oh, yeah everything feels, good he throws and Then tommy John So i'm very very. CONSISTENT i want to hear what this.
Speaker 1: Is question of the, day who pitches more this, Season George kirby Or jacob To grom from knucking. Futs you take this, One.
Speaker 2: KIRBY i MEAN I i'm shocked by you Answered kirby EVEN I i, Mean kirby's going to be back In. April he's Gonna If kirby misses a, month he's still going to pitch more Than jacob De. Grom If jacob De gram, PITCHES o say, This If jacob De grom pitches more innings Than George kirby this, Year Jacob gram's winning the Sim Tommy, john light.
Speaker 1: That money on fire if you, WERE i, mean just don't even don't don't make that, bet, PLEASE i beg all of. You don't make that.
Speaker 2: Bet are you making a L are you making any cy? YOUNGER i.
Speaker 1: Am i'm waiting as long AS i can this year BECAUSE i learned my lesson last. Year i'm waiting longer this year BECAUSE I i was. ICAROUS i flew too close to the sun last, season AND i THOUGHT i was bebopping statin all over the PLACE i was Was are.
Speaker 2: You waiting for just a little bit more value? On is there a person you're looking?
Speaker 1: FOR i just want. HEALTH i just want to go into the season healthier with everybody That i've. Got we had these other two games too With. ALTAN i just want. Everybody the only bets THAT i have made is and this is something That i've been, doing which is AND i THINK i spoke about this when we Had cardi, on which, is Whenever i'm going with somebody for AL, Mvp i'm just automatically attaching Showy atani to them in a duo bet because you're taking your three to one odds and making them eight to, one just on the guys at the. Chalk so why WOULDN'T i do? That and, look that was the. Time you want to make a big investment In altani, TOO i get, that but overall it's JUST i. Can't it would take An altani injury and then when he stopped starts pitching, again there's just no way anyone's beating. Him they.
Speaker 2: Can't they, Shout that's that's where the injury potentially comes into it is that's where.
Speaker 1: The injury risk goes. Up but you just can't do. It The. Buns who's your? Sleeper number two Catcher hishigawa fifteen home run season, Again number two, catcher. SLEEPERS i Like Miguel amya to tell you, truth like kind of LIKE i sawt Of amia of these last. Couples, no you.
Speaker 2: Were talking him, up you were talking him up, Yesterday Joey. BART i THINK i had him on. This Joey bart.
Speaker 1: One Ivan herrera doesn't really, count Does he's kind of in that Fringy.
Speaker 2: No, NO i would say Like herrera is the, marker like where you would. Stop Danny jansen is. One Joey bart's probably the tippy top of my second favorite. Catchers and you, KNOW i, mean there's plenty of GUYS i can justify Drafting Patrick, Bailey Leandro kirk and. STUFF i don't love a, lot But Joey bart And Danny jansen specifically are my late.
Speaker 1: Catchers another one FROM. Avm i'm so happy to see everybody here in the chat. Again this is. GREAT i snagged A cooney in my third. ROUND i know we should temper, expectations but what do you think of? Realistically, REALISTICALLY i still think he hits twenty five homers this, season AND i think he steals thirty bases this season, easily AND i think he returns third round. Value it's gonna be hard in head to head leagues because the first six weeks of the season they're gonna be a little. Rough welsh is more pessimistic on.
Speaker 2: This, NO i, mean, yeah, yeah but my brain is so. BROKEN i was, like why did you Take Luisan helicunya in the third? Round is this a rookie? Draft my?
Speaker 1: Brain by the, way they're gonna platoon out of the.
Speaker 2: GATE i know HE'S i was so.
Speaker 1: FAR i was. Right jeff McNeil is not a full time baseball. Player he's just not. So Brett battis looked pretty good at second. Base he's got the MORE i, think the better hit tool overall Than. Lakunya But akunya obviously the better defender at second.
Speaker 2: Bad he played the strong. Side it looks like plays the strong.
Speaker 1: Side, Right so he's more valuable one Than. Akunya but the process was. Good the process was good for.
Speaker 2: Yeah but my brain had broken BECAUSE i Saw louis on hell and you obviously Met Ronald. DAKUNYA i think the biggest problem for me is like we just don't. KNOW i think the power is going to bounce, back you, know if you're talking About may and the the legs working a little bit. Less i'm kind of personally in like a thirty twenty type of. Range maybe the batting average. Sinks it's still pretty, valuable But i'm worried AND i just don't, know AND i think it's too. Speculative but in smaller leagues and like a ten team, league when you get him in like the third round or something like, that, yeah you can totally make. It maybe a twelve man if you can make up for it and you play like in a playoff or something like that as. Well the back half of the, year it's really good and maybe we'll be. Wrong happens all the, time, man where it's, like, oh, yeah you know you're gonna not gonna run a, bunch and all of a, Sudden Ronald akunya second half of the season steals thirty five bases or something. Crazy it's, just you, know the batting average did struggle at the back half of last. Year he's gonna have to have a carrying, piece and is that gonna be power or? Speed it kind of feels like it's not gonna be. Both so the unknown has me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Either that he was interesting all year last year and he was playing through it and then it just Gave that's WHY i THINK i think he was not. Right we saw, him we watched him. Play we're, like what's wrong with The? KUNIO i think got him. GOING i think the knee was bothering. Him it was bothering, him and then it just went. Poof and NOW i actually Am i'm very very optimistic About Ronda kuni this. Year third round, great second, round, eh not quite? GREAT i got third round is the sweet spot WHERE i want a. Coonia last thing before we, Go. Welsh you, know IF i told you you were a major league, team you need to go sign a veteran starting pitcher that was out there on the waiver wire that hasn't been saved yet from the oblivion of. Baseball who are some of the names that you would sign right? Now you know some of those big names and.
Speaker 2: That's a free. Agent, Well Kyle. Gibson gibson would be a good.
Speaker 1: One Lance lynn came to mind, Too Maybe i'd sign.
Speaker 2: Him but, yeah to your, point Like lance would be SOMEONE i would look, At Kyle gibson would be number.
Speaker 1: One, okay, okay but but, No Patrick corbin is the one that Gets Patrick.
Speaker 2: Corbin it's Never Patrick. Corbyn it's never yet.
Speaker 1: He got signed by The Texas, rangers AND i thought that was kind of. Surprising How Patrick corbyn. Could he must be the nicest human being on the. Planet he must. Be he must be the guy that runs like the fantasy football league for. Everybody he's the guy that comes in like has a little thank you, notes you, know, like, HEY i appreciate, you, KNOW i you, know you got a couple hits from the other day WHEN i. Started how Does Patrick corbin just stick around for as long as he. Has it's. Unbelievable he hasn't been effective since what twenty. EIGHTEEN i feel.
Speaker 2: Like it's Not tommy fam in those fantasy. Leagues he's not. Punchable he's just, like, oh you don't have your. Dues, okay, shucks that's, okay.
Speaker 1: He, Says. Rick and you know, WHAT i THINK i might feel better go and throw three innings At Patrick. Corban at this, POINT i.
Speaker 2: Gotta be, HONESTLY i don't THINK i don't read much into. IT i think this is gonna be in some vein similar they The rangers did this last year With Johnny, quato where they signed, him they let him sit around camp build up see if they had anything mid. Season they didn't. REALLY i think people saw The Patrick corbyn signing and were, like, uh, oh lighter, rocker there's no. Chance the thing that he gives you is he's a lefty and he's had. Innings you, know he can stack some, innings but he's not. Great he's not a good bitcher at. ALL i do not, believe LIKE i believe he's here right, Now thank, you devastating. CUTTER i throw he's here right. NOW i think he will stay here probably through the this is my, opinion through the. MONTH i bet he'll stay In arizona practice against minor leaguers in instructional league build up because he has had no, spring and then they'll just. Reassess they'll reassess what their depth looks, like because this is A World series constructed type of, team and they'll look at his production and they'll either just cut him or they will give him a shot if they're because they're already dealing with. It they Got Jacob deGrom who they're probably they're probably already waiting for him to miss. Time you got two young guys in the. Rotation bradford is injured they just have to have. HANDS i, agree THOUGH i don't know why they didn't go For Kyle gibson and they went For Patrick. Corbyn but he gets. Innings he's a lefty AND i don't think he'll be he's left.
Speaker 1: Handed but, yeah, kids let your be uh be left handed pitchers or let them be kickers in THE, nfl and you will always always have a job. Somewhere. Uh we'll be back On twitch by the way live, again not for the leading, off but we're doing a mock draft on same time noon On eastern time On. Friday to join us and join our Discord fantasy for Dot com slash, chat because that's an opportunity to be in the mock draft with. Us ooh that's, right look at. It look at. This oh this cool is so. Good oh my, god can't believe. Us. Unbelievable join our, discord be in the drafts with, us and we hope to see you. There that'll do it for. Us but the story of the game goes on for the Wilsh I'm JOEY. P we'll see you next. Time. Kids thanks for listening to The Fantasy Pros Fantasy baseball.
Speaker 2: Podcast if you love the. Show the best freeway to support us.
Speaker 1: Is by leaving a positive review On Apple podcasts Or, spotify follow us on, X, instagram and TikTok At Fantasy, pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot Com Slash Fantasy PROS mlb