Speaker 1: Calls media after last week talking about radicalization and how state sponsored violence almost inevitably produces radicalization. It immediately happened in Boulder, Colorado, where a young Egyptian man, I'm gonna call him young, he forty five years old. I don't know if that's young Egyptian national who lived in Kuwait for almost twenty years, you know, before he came to the US and in about three years ago, and according to the Department of Homeland Security, that vis a being expired, but he applied for asylum and was waiting for his trial, so he wasn't a citizen kind of is what he is.
Speaker 2: He didn't have legal status, and.
Speaker 1: According to him, he'd been planning this thing.
Speaker 2: If you don't know what this thing is.
Speaker 1: There is a group of mostly elderly people in Boulder, Colorado who do these annual, not annual, these monthly walks in solidarity with the hostage situation where the Israeli citizens were captured and held hostage by Hamas. Now, normally this is a very peaceful event and these people did not ask for any security. I suggest y'all take a second to go check out Molly Conquered show recently about the police's obligation to actually protect us, meaning they don't have an obligation to matter of fact, their disincentivive to actually step into danger for us. Anyway, they did not request any sort of protection. And apparently this man had been planning this for over a year.
Speaker 2: He wanted to wait for his kids to graduate.
Speaker 1: He was gonna shoot him, but he couldn't get no gun, and he got a couple homemade Malotov cocktails and was chucking them. And this was in solidarity with the peace full of Palestine. He said he was trying to kill some Zionists. That's what this man said. So you kind of you got to call a spade a spade. This is antisemitic. So which brings me to the point of what I want to tap in with y'all with, which is sometimes you should just have several seats because you may not know what you're talking about. Let's play the quiet game, y'all tap in with me now. I know recently I've talked about this in other episodes, but how it hurts me. It burns my heart when a real prejudice is being weaponized, used as a battering ram, like you're using my suffering to push your agenda, the idea that Harvard gonna lose their money because of anti Semitism.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, fam like.
Speaker 1: That you not you as as a Jew, you you should be.
Speaker 2: Like y'are not doing that for us? And you know you not doing that for us.
Speaker 1: So and this the same way I feel about Trump releasing Larry Hoover and releasing NBA. Young boy, you not doing that for us. I know you say you are, but look so before anybody starts talking and cheering on this, it's like, you know what, man, Let's play the quiet game. Don't act like you're doing this for me. Just have several seats. So when you start naming stuff that's kind of anti Semitic adjacent, it gives pause to when something is really anti semitic. It almost makes you not want to acknowledge it because you're not trying to give no credence to these people that are weaponizing your thing. But if you're gonna keep it a buck, you're gonna keep it a buck. I mean a lot of things are going on here, it's you trying to I mean.
Speaker 2: He just just told you. Now.
Speaker 1: Of course, there's a difference between Zionist Semitics anti Semitics, because Palestinians are Semitic. Also, y'all don't know what y'all mean when y'all say that, but that being against the nation state and believing the nation state is wrong is very different than thinking that these human beings do not have the right to exist and should not have the same freedoms the rest of us do. All those things are two different things. However, in this situation, at least how it looks now is he was.
Speaker 2: Trying to take these He was trying to take these Jews out.
Speaker 1: Now on the other hand, because these things are complicated. On the other hand, I have this sinking feeling whenever something some sort of tragedy or act of violence pops on the news, and.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to watch it.
Speaker 1: Expand to where it's spand it to You'll understand as I continue to talk. When a violent crime happens and it pops on the news, my first thought is black people. I hope he ain't black. That's always my first thought. Now my next thought is, I hope he's not Muslim. I hope he ain't Arab, because whenever we do something black, Arab just persons of color. But specifically black, Latino Arab somehow another, our actions reflect all of us, like this one person apparently speaks for all of us. And that, my friend, is where the right needs to play the quiet game, because y'all always do this, y'all always look at the situation, but you don't ever answer off of the same grace to your own people. To your own people, you say he got a mental health issue. This is the mass incarceration stuff that we be trying to argue y'all with. When y'all right wing gules be like, well, black people get are more violent, they get incarcerated at a higher rate than white people, And I'm like, okay, so in your argument, is the evidence that disproves the statement you're making because you're talking about convicted a crime.
Speaker 2: Now, do we commit more crimes? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: What we are are arrested and convicted at a higher rate.
Speaker 2: Therefore we be in jail more.
Speaker 1: Because when a little white boy do it, he troubled, he just fell in with the wrong crowd, or you know, boys would be boys. Why don't you have several seats. Let's play the quiet game. Maybe you don't know what you're talking about. Okay, So when this man. Do this when somebody say they pro Palestine, you saying they pro hamas Man have several seats. We didn't explain this a few times now on the left. Well, I'm gonna say the liberal media because some of us over here understand these distinctions. You know, a silly y'all sound already claiming this is a false flag. Do you remember that's what they did all the time during the Black Lives Matter protests, the all of the all of the police shootings. They even said for a second there that January sixth was a false flag like that that magga ain't actually do it? Man, Why don't you sit down somewhere. Okay, you don't know that. Now I'm recording this on Tuesday, maybe some more information will come out, But you don't know that, you know what I'm saying, like, have a tall glass or shut the hell up.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: And if there is anything that irritates black men more than I don't know, then somebody's talking when they don't know what they talking about. You don't know what you're talking about. It might be you don't know that. So I'm just saying, listen, the man left notes. The man said his attentions. A lot of things are true. Right now, this was a tragedy. There's no other way around this. Dem hostages should not be where they are. Israel should not have responded the way it did because that response radicalizes people. And this man, as desperate as he might feel, he shouldn't have. He shouldn't have through them. The man talk cocktail. None of this should happen. I don't think any of us wanted any of this to happen. All I'm saying is, if you don't know what you talking about, can can we just play the play the quiet game?
Speaker 2: Can we can this time? Okay?
Speaker 1: I know were gonna have a lot more incidences for us to practice, but I'm just saying, here's my challenge to all of us. Okay, hood politics with prop fans, cool zwers, listen, play the quiet game. Maybe we don't know, let's just this time, just this time, we can understand the bigger themes which I always try to communicate. But my, my, my left leaning brothers and sisters, nigga a false flag word, my right wing brothers and sisters, You saying that man represent every immigrant?
Speaker 2: You saying, oh this is why we got to keep these people out of our.
Speaker 1: Country for real, because you saying, people not from America invented crime.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying? Boy, If you don't sit down somewhere, just everybody.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, just this once, just just just hold your tongue for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Now, how did that feel? Tap in with