Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It's Verdict with Centater, Ted Cruz Weekend Review, Ben Ferguson with you and I hope you had a fabulous time with your family over Thanksgiving. Now Here are some of the stories that you may have missed this week that we talked about. First, up, China flooding, TikTok with Osama Bin laden propaganda, getting young people to read his letter to America and then advocate for Osama Bin Lauden's viewpoint, how are we allowing this to happen in this country and around the world. We're going to dive into that and what this means with China trying to control the minds of young people all over the world. Up next, infrastructure. If you ask voters, it's something they're all in favor of better roads. But what happens when the roads turn into woke agenda items. Well, billions and billions of your tax dollars that were meant for infrastructure projects are now tied to woke initiative and we'll expose that. And finally, education is changing in this country, and that education that has nothing to do with reading, writing, and arithmetic may be changing this nation forever. The center will break down that warning for you as well. It's the Week in Review and it starts right now. This goes into something else that I have to bring up, and it's something that we've seen on TikTok. Now, if you don't know what TikTok is, we've talked about this before, quick recap. It's an app that a ton of people use, especially young people, especially young people, and China uses it to influence young people. Specifically, we saw an unbelievable uptick on TikTok. And there's data to back this up of pro Hamas videos, pro Hamas propaganda, anti Israel propaganda, pro Palestinian propaganda.
Speaker 3: Harvard Pole Audi Harvard Pole recently came out that said of Americans eighteen to twenty four, fifty one percent believe that Hamas's atrocities could be justified, fifty one percent more than half of young people. And TikTok is affirmatively pushing this Prohamas propaganda, this garbage to young people, and it has an enormous negative influence. And I want to put on now one video from TikTok that went viral this week that shows just how.
Speaker 2: Cancerous and it deals with Osama bin Laden so if you understand the context of this, there was and this clearly is propaganda to meant to influence. And there is a letter that Osama bin Laden had put out before it was I guess technically right before nine to eleven, or justifying the nine to eleven attacks and explaining his thoughts on why he was doing nine to eleven. This letter, decades later has has gone viral only on TikTok. Go back to propaganda of China to influence young people to believe that somehow Osama bin Lauden was justified in his nine to eleven attack the same way that they're justifying Hamas's attack on Israel. And this is what Americans are saying about reading this letter for the first time on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Look, so it starts with a woman me when I got the news in twenty eleven that we got him, and she's celebrating. Then twenty twenty three reading his letter to America knowing he was right.
Speaker 2: Oh something, lad, that's what they're talking about.
Speaker 4: Actually, before you even read the letter, I did want to mention in reading the letter, I could only think of this tweet that I saw the other day under settler colonialism, any kind of resistance is branded as terrorist because the only acceptable violence is violenced by the occupier. So please keep that in mind when reading the Another young.
Speaker 5: Person, we really need to stop pan taxes because they ain't doing nothing but messing up everybody else. And America is the bully. And it's sad because they have brainwashed us to think that we was the best country in the plant on the planet, when in reality we're the worst country in the planet.
Speaker 6: It is just insane because this letter is so well written and so reasonably structured in an argument, like you got to present your findings. You gotta you know, you gotta state your cause all that, Like everything he said was valid.
Speaker 2: Everything Osama bin Laden said was valid. The guy before saying we need to stop paying taxes because Osama bin Laden was right.
Speaker 1: And where the worst country.
Speaker 2: In the world hashtag free Palestine. It's at the bottom. I don't know if you noticed that.
Speaker 1: Look, look, this is all of these are young people. This is on TikTok.
Speaker 3: These young people are profoundly ignorant. They don't know anything, but they're also TikTok is deliberately curated. The algorithm is controlled. The recommendation algorithm is controlled by the Chinese Communist Party. I mentioned the last classified briefing I went to this week, ben So.
Speaker 1: The topic of it.
Speaker 3: Was social media and disinformation, and so included a number of folks from the government. This was a joint classified briefing with the Commerce Committee where I'm the ranking Republican and the Intelligence Committee. So we met together, and I can't tell you what they said, but I can't tell you the questions I asked because the questions I asked are not classified. And the question I asked, I said, what evidence do we have specifically that TikTok is affirmatively and deliberately pushing pro Hamas propaganda. We know that young people are moving dramatically in the direction of Hamas and to what extent is the CCP affirmatively doing that? And I'll tell you something again. I can't give you their answers, but I will tell you a data point, which is TikTok defends itself by saying it keeps us customer data here in the United States, not in China, although under its terms of service the CCP has a right to access them at any time. You know what it doesn't keep here in the United States, it's recommendation algorithm. So the way TikTok operates, you're looking at TikTok, you watch a video, and then it suggests to you, hey, Ben, you would like this video.
Speaker 2: Based on what you've seen before. So if you're looking at golf videos or tennis videos or football videos, you would assume they would keep you in the same type of algorithm.
Speaker 3: Well, a recommendation algorithm is one of the most potent tools social media has to drive content, to suppress content, or to drive content, And if you're engaged in propaganda, the recommendation algorithm is your most potent tool for it. The recommendation algorithm is not housed in the United States, It's housed in China, and China just recently passed a law that defined TikTok's recommendation algorithm as a quote.
Speaker 1: National asset makes sense.
Speaker 3: It is an asset of China, and they have developed a global propaganda tool that in particular targets American young people. And so they can decide on any given day, what message do we want to put to young people. They can just on a Tuesday say let's just push messages that hurt American young people. So let's push to young girls and teenage girls body image problems and push anorexia and eating disorders, and let's push self harm, let's push cutting, let's push suicide, let's push drug use, let's push all sorts of things that will just hurt young people. And they do that tragically every day. But they can also decide politically, Okay, we don't want the United States exploring for oil and gas, so let's push Green New Deal garbage to tell them, go stop fracking, go stop this, go stop this. Be dependent on Iran, be dependent on Russia, be dependent on Venezuela, be dependent on our enemies for oil and gas. They can push that message to young people, or if they just want to push pro hamas propaganda, they can. In this instance, you have young people.
Speaker 2: And this went viral to a level of millions and millions and millions of millions of impressions.
Speaker 1: Over fourteen million last I saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's just people that were posting their own videos after reading this letter that came out of nowhere from two thousand and one from Osama bin Laden, and the majority of it was all positive towards Usama.
Speaker 1: Can you got to understand why I mean, this is something.
Speaker 3: As you know, I'm at the tail end of a two week book tour, so I've been I think I've done seventy seven media interviews in the last two weeks on the new book on Woke. I've been talking about this a lot because particularly people of the left are confused why is there such vicious anti semitism among the left? And I want to let's let's pull this up again. I want to pull it up and freeze at midway through because it really does explain it profoundly. Okay, so this is the first woman on the second person. Just freeze it when the second person comes up. Okay, freeze it right here.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So this is a TikToker and it's kind of a young hipster wearing like, I don't know, a shower cap of some kind with pearl stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But this is important.
Speaker 3: So I've been explaining and the book Unwoke explains this at depth. So Marxism is the doctrine enunciated by Karl Marx and the Communist Manifesto that explains views the world as a fundamental conflict between oppressors and victims. Marx put it in socioeconomic terms, So the oppressors were the owners of capital, the victims were the proletariat, the working men and women. The solution Marks advocated was violent revolution by the proletariat overthrowing the oppressors. I describe in the book Unwoke how Marxist infiltrated the universities in the nineteen sixties and seventies, and then that doctrine mutated. It mutated to critical race theory, which has the same basic frame, the Marxist frame of a pressor and victim, but instead of socioeconomic it's race. So there are presser races and victim races. I describe how it mutated to be gender and gender identity and sexual orientation, same idea of a pressor and victim, and the idea is violence revolution. Anything is justified if it is the victim overthrowing the oppressor. Now, this TikTok video, the text of the tweet he has says, under settler colonialism, any kind of resistance is branded as terrorism because the only acceptable violence is violenced by the occupier. That is straight up Marxism. And it is explaining why, as I told this left leaning tech executive, the reason the left is celebrating Hamas. Is they have defined Jews as oppressors, they have defined Hamas as victims, and so they're in favor of violence by the victims against the impressors. And that includes mass murder. That includes targeting civilians. That includes murdering elderly people. That includes raping women and little girls in the public streets, that includes slaughtering infants. That includes, as we discussed, literally putting a baby in an oven, yeah, and raping that baby's mother while the baby cooks to death and the mother is being raped and listening to her infant die in an oven, being cooked to death. Now, that is unmitigated evil. That is Nazi like. That is a level of grotesque evil that.
Speaker 1: Defies words.
Speaker 3: And yet to the cultural Marxist and to these young idealistic imbeciles, they're cheering for the terrorist. Why because it says here, well, under settler colonialism, and mind you, in their mind it's the Jews that are the bad settler colonialists. Any kind of resistance, so you know, baking a baby in and oven, that's a kind of resistance is branded as terrorist. Well, no, terrorism is targeting civilians. I've got to say slaughtering infants qualifies as terrorism because the only acceptable violence is violence by the occupier. The reason these young people are so susceptible to this TikTok propaganda is because cultural Marxism has been taught to them from the womb. Has been taught to them in kindergarten, first, second, third, fourth, fifth grade, all the way through school, has been taught to them in college, has been taught to them through social media, has been taught to them through entertainment. They're told, once we say someone is the victim and someone is the oppressor, we cheer for violence, for any horrible evil against the oppressor, because that's the Marxist revolution we support.
Speaker 2: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week. Now onto story number two, Biden's infrastructure spending has now gone woke. It's a great moment to pause and remind people. If you're Black Friday shopping, grab the Center's new book, Unwoke. You can grab it. It's a best seller. You can get on Amazon or wherever you get your books, unless you're at a bookstore in California apparently they don't like it very much out there in California in the bookstores, but you can grab it wherever you get your books. I love this part of censorship. By the way, center, there are quite a few bookstores. I've actually talked to friends who have gone into bookstores. Your book's a bestseller, and if you're on the wrong part of the country, in a more liberal, woke part of the country, there's a very good chance you cannot find a hard copy of your book in a bookstore, which is maddening to me, especially since it is a bestseller.
Speaker 3: Well, it is one of the many examples how corporate America is woke.
Speaker 1: As you know.
Speaker 3: Two weeks ago, I was in LA to shoot Bill Maher and talk about the book, and I actually met some friends in LA who went to try to buy the book. And they went to a Barnes and Noble in LA and they didn't have a single copy of the book there, and they asked them, okay, search the system, and they it turned out there was not one copy of my book. This is what they were told in any Barnes and Noble in the entire city of Los Angeles. And they had to actually drive the Long Beach, which they did to get several copies of the books, because it was only the Barnes and Noble in Long Beach that had the copies, and throughout LA they weren't there. Sadly, we're hearing we're hearing reports of that. There was also a letter to the editor this past week in the Dallas Morning News complaining that the big box stores, which have lots and lots of books of other books that you can't find Unwoke, even though, as you noted, is it is a best seller, was at the top of the best seller list, and yet the major bricks and mortar retail outlets are very reluctant to carry it. And when they do carry it, they certainly don't put it out on the table in front. They put it off in the back. The good news is you can order it online, so I would encourage you go online and order it. And you mentioned what came out this past week, and what came out this past week also is is racist roads and woke infrastructure, which may sound absurd, but it's something I discuss at considerable length in the book Unwoke, and in June, Transportation Secretary Pete Bootage edge announced that the Department of Transportation it started accepting applications for the National Infrastructure Project Assistance, Infrastructure for Rebuilding America, and the Rural Surface Transportation Grant programs. These three programs together received five point six billion dollars under the so called Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, and the Department of Transportation.
Speaker 1: Under bootage Edge.
Speaker 3: Said the grants that would be awarded would support quote transformational infrastructure projects across the nation. But the Notice of funding Opportunity issued states that recipients must broadly address quote equity and climate concerns. And further, it says, quote projects that have not sufficiently considered the equity and barriers to opportunity in their planning as determined by the Department, will be required to do so before receiving funds for construction. Quote projects that have not sufficiently considered climate change and environmental justice in their planning as determined by the Department, will be required to do so before receiving funds for construction. Now, mind you, what they're saying is if you're actually building roads, if you're actually building freeways, then that is not sufficient. And in fact, Pete buddhage Edge made news in twenty twenty one when he said, quote there is racism physically built into some of our highways. Now, now that is idiotic. And I would note that the DOT grants also additionally target so DOT policies frame road building. Here's what they call roadbuilding, quote increasing automobile dependence. And so they condemn highway expansion projects that don't involve electric vehicle charging stations or bike lane. So it is Remember there was a lot of hooplaw over all the money to be spent on infrastructure and roads and bridges.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Well, it.
Speaker 3: Turns out Joe Biden and Kamala Harrison Pete boodhah Edge don't actually want roads and bridges. Instead, they have a woke agenda to Here's the good news, which is that that I sent I sent a request for a determination as to whether this announcement constitutes a rule and receive that determination, which means that it is subject to being overturned by Congress by a simple majority vote. And so I intend to introduce that resolution of disapproval to force a vote in the Senate. Now Biden can veto that vote, but in the Senate, we're going to see if all the people who trumpeted the infrastructure programs support blocking them from going to roads and bridges on us they are sufficiently woke and fighting racist roads, whatever the hell that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when people hear this and they hear racist roads as you just described it there, and you talk about billions upon billions of taxpayers dollars that's meant for these infrastructure projects that are now just being turned in these woken agenda items. How many members of Congress are behind this as well, because yes, it's a Biden administration initiative, but you still got to have some congress people behind you. Is this just the part of now where we are in politics where they look at you, they'll say this is for infrastructure, straight up lie to you, and then waste billions of your dollars on woke agenda items like this.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, a lot of the left wing Democrats in Congress are emphatically behind this, so that Bernie Sanders, the Elizabeth Warrens, THEOCS are cheering this on because this is the agenda they want. I will say, there are a number of Republicans who you know, are little bit like Charlie Brown with Lucy and the football. They listen to Democrats to say, okay, let's work together on something like roads and bridges. And the Republicans are like, oh yeah, yeah, roads and bridges. Those sound really good, and they write into law funding for roads and bridges. Now, the left wing Democrats they're negotiating with know fully well, they're pulling the football away and Charlie Brown is landing on his ass.
Speaker 1: They know that.
Speaker 3: But these Republicans are just gullible and they fall into it over and over and over again. And if they weren't gullible, they would have written into the statute prohibitions on the Biden administration doing this because you and I knew the Biden administration was going to do this, because that's who they are. They are cultural Marxist. It's why I wrote the book Unwoke to lay out what it means the radicals who have taken over our government. And we have too many Republicans in Congress who are fundamentally naive, and they just keep running and trying to kick that football, and the problem getting worse and worse as before.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and down the podcast from earlier this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story number three of the week.
Speaker 1: You may have missed.
Speaker 2: You mentioned education and how it's easiest way to change a country in one generation. But there was also one of the things you said on page sixty four. It says how to fight back, he said. A few years ago, you walked into your daughter's bedroom and asked what she'd been learning about in school. She said she had been learning about Christopher Columbus, the quote unquote real story. I asked what that meant. For the next few minutes, I heard about the crimes of Christopher Columbus in minute detail. Every murdered Native American, transmitted disease, and stolen acre of lamb seemed to be accounted for. I heard that Columbus, who claimed the land for himself because his straight white privilege or something like that, had not actually discovered anything at all, but rather had landed on the shores of what would come to be known as America by accident. This quote unquote revolution, familiar to most adults in the United States, is something that American children encounter sooner or later in a textbook. Believing that they've accessed some secret, hidden knowledge that the grown ups don't want them to have. That moment, for me is the moment that terrifies me for our kids in this my kids generation, is that we have handed our children over to this school systems. And it's not just public schools now, it's private schools as well, who are indoctrinating them in this idea that America somehow was started on evil, bad motives and that you should not love this country, but you should be ashamed of this country. And you had to deal with this with your own daughter.
Speaker 1: Look, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: And the problem is this indoctrination is happening in every school in America. It's happening to every child in America. And one I describe part of the way that this book is all about how we fight back. But you know, as she was saying that Columbus was evil and racist and genocidal and terrible, and she hated Christopher Columbus, you know, I just just sat down in her bedroom and I tried to have a conversation with her, and I said, look, I'm not deeply vested in making the argument that Christopher Columbus was some incredible hero. But I said, you know what, we do have a federal holiday named after him. Do we typically name federal holidays after evil, racist, genocidal maniacs? Like might there be another side of the story? Is there anything admirable about them? And she was not really able to see much that was admirble. I said, well, what do you think about getting in three rook rickety wooden ships and leaving Europe and heading heading west when you think you're falling off the edge of the world to explore and discover I mean, I mean, is that spirit, that intrepid spirit? Is that anything to be admired? And and And I said, secondly, look, it is true that Columbus and and and the man who traveled with him, that that that they carried some some germs that that that were that were new to to the to the western hemisphere, and that when they got here some of the some of the Native Americans died from those germs. Now, it's also true it was the fifteenth century. They didn't know what a germ was, so they didn't know they were carrying it. And and when you accuse him of mass murder, does culpability matter? Does the fact that they didn't know what a germ was, They had no idea they were doing it. Is that at all relevant if you're going to call him this evil, terrible murder. And when I talk about in the book is not long thereafter Thanksgiving of that year, we were talking about Thanksgiving, and she and a friend of hers from school and this is when they were in grade school, said said, likewise, oh Thanksgiving is is is terrible. It's when the pilgrims were oppressing that the Native Americans. And and you know again I I made the argument, I think even more vigorously this time, and I said, listen, it is certainly right that the settlers that came to America, that they settled America, and they ultimately conquered America, and they they committed some terrible acts to Native Americans. But if you look at the history of humanity in every continent, every nation was acquired by conquest. And every time there's conquest, you have one group of people who are conquering another group of people. By the way, in the United States, before we were the United States, the Native Americans, one tribe conquered another conquered another conquered another. And you look at Europe, you look at Asia. That's the history of humanity, one group of people conquering another. And anytime you have conquest, there are horrible things that happen. They're terrible things that are done. But I said, look in any war, there were atrocities on both sides. And you know, I asked, I asked my daughter. I said, you know, from whence do you think think the verb to scalp was derived? The Native Americans did some horrible things to the settlers who came here also, And the connection that I made for her, and that I make in the book is those two discussions are interlinked and intertwined. Which is for all of the teachers and all of the professors and all of the people advocating that Columbus was evil and advocating that Thanksgiving is evil because the Pilgrims were stealing from the Native Americans, it comes down to one antecedent question. Was the settlement of the New World a good thing or a bad thing? Was the formation of the United States of America good or bad? And I'm not neutral or ambivalent on that question. I think the United States of America has been the greatest force for good of any nation in the history of the world, that we had produced more prosperity, more abundance. We have liberated more prisoners and captives. We have shed our blood and treasure and tears fighting tyranny more than any nation in the history of the world. Do we have our flaws, yes, of course. Do we have our problems, yes, of course. But America, I believe, like Reagan said, is a shining city on a hill. And I want to make a special request of our Verdict listeners. You guys are incredible, You guys are patriots. You guys give me hope and optimism in America. I want to ask every one.
Speaker 1: Of you please.
Speaker 3: Today, when you finished listening to this podcast, most of you are listening on your cell phones, click over to Amazon, type in Unwoke, and buy the book.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: We have nearly a million unique listeners who listen to Verdict. If every one of you goes online and buys the book, it would soar to the very tops of the New York Times bestseller list. That would drive them nuts. By the way, and and I wrote this book for the same reason, Ben, that you and I do this podcast. It is right now eleven o three pm on Tuesday, Night podcast will come out early Wednesday morning. Why am I sitting here at eleven o three? Why are you sitting here at eleven o three? Because we care about this. We want we want our incredible listeners to be armed with information and know how to fight to save this country. And this book is exactly in the same spirit. The book is I think, interesting and fun. It's not some abstract academic treatise, but it's designed. When you read it, you'll enjoy it. And by the way, I encourage you. Look, if I can be immodest for a second, don't buy just one. You know Christmas is coming up very soon. Buy a copy for your mom, buy a copy for your brother, buy a copy for your next door neighbor, your best friend. Because the reason that I spend the time to write these books, the reason that you and I do this podcast, it is we either persuade and win hearts and minds, or we lose America. That's what the stakes are, and that's what this book is about. It's the exact same thing the podcast is about.
Speaker 2: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Sentner, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to deal with my podcast and you can listen to my podcast every other day you're not listening to Verdict, or each day when you listen to Verdict. Afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again the Ben Ferguson Podcasts, and we will see you back here on Monday morning.