Speaker 1: Second date, up date. If you see a cute somebody out in the wild, I can tell you what animals would do, but it might make you blush.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I had to let you out help myself.
Speaker 1: That's just how love works in the animal world, but with humans it's a little bit of a different story. In general, a lot of guys get too scared to approach if they spot an attractive woman out in the wild.
Speaker 2: Well, we are praying, mantis.
Speaker 1: Rip a guy's head off right after you're done with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. The fear tends to take over. But one of our listeners says he found a way to conquer that fear by using a game. Apparently it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Usually women don't like it when you play games.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it works. So let's welcome Richard to the show. Richard, How you doing man?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you a happy guy, Richard coming in?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: What's this like game or strategy that you use when you approach women.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a familiar game to all of you, I bet, but we play it in a different way. Me and my buddy when we're out, you know, in a public place, where we're around gorgeous women or women in general, and what we do is we shoot rock paper scissors.
Speaker 5: Oh to like see who gets to go talk to her first or something.
Speaker 3: Whoever loses is the one that has to go and strike up it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's actually kind of smart because like, either way one of you has to approach and like make a move.
Speaker 6: I want us to pick something up, like get off the couch, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's interesting. I guess that's fun too. So that did that happen to you recently?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean, as you might expect, the rejection rate is pretty high. You would also be surprised how often it works.
Speaker 5: Okay, and I'm guessing it worked this time since you're on the phone, it does.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly. My buddy's paper covered my rock and we were at the park one day and there was a cute girl just sort of sitting on a blanket. Walked over and introduced myself and her name is Hannah, and.
Speaker 2: Oh and she liked your paper.
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you tell them about the day? Do you say, hey, how are you?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, no no. This is between my pal of me.
Speaker 1: I was gonna think this and that's the reason.
Speaker 5: I mean, you've done this so many times. Do you have a go to opening line that you use when you lose Roal Champeaux and have to.
Speaker 3: Approach No, not really use the same line. It's like anything else, it just gets tired and you're not into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what did you say to Hannah?
Speaker 3: I just said, hey, how are you? It's gorgeous out and she said in this room.
Speaker 1: Just both swooned at the same time.
Speaker 3: No weather, I know, it's stupid as it is.
Speaker 2: It works, Yeah, but the thing is, it's not a line like that's nice.
Speaker 5: It feels it feels yeah, normal and relaxed.
Speaker 1: So were you able to get her number off of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And we we talked for a little while and we set up a dinner date, like a proper date, you know, downtown at a nice place.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: How did nice dinner go? That's exciting.
Speaker 3: It went really well. And we were in there for like about close to like an hour and a half, two hours, I mean, just taking our time, casual conversation, and she looked hot. I mean, she looked so good. So it's one of those things where I wanted to kind of prolong the fun for as long as I could, but it had to end. So we walked outside and there's like one of these live remote TV crews doing, you know, person on the street interview stuff.
Speaker 5: In a positive way, or at your restaurant just is getting shut down for how.
Speaker 3: No, had nothing to do with the restaurant. They wanted to ask people about, like crime in downtown.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about rogue? People playing rock paper?
Speaker 3: So busted? So they asked me, you know, and I'm a bit of a hand, so I was.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, that's fun You did a TV interview in the middle of your ID.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: So did my thing and then we sort of moved on from there. I didn't get a kiss. I got like a big hug.
Speaker 5: Really because you're famous now it's funny in the interview or you're being like dead serious talking about.
Speaker 3: I tried to be sincere, but I'm still trying to be lighthearted about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah I could if you're seeing someone do that.
Speaker 1: I don't think the local TV news stations would appreciate like a comedian coming on and joking about the crime in their city.
Speaker 2: Which they would ask me.
Speaker 1: They really should. One ratings would go up here that channel seven. I'm waiting. Okay, So you said you ended with a long hug, and that seems pretty good. What's happened since then?
Speaker 3: Not a lot, And that's why I'm kind of talking to you guys.
Speaker 5: Oh no, you should have used that moment to be like, come back to my place. We'll watch the eleven o'clock.
Speaker 2: News to get people back to her. Yeah, that's right, jose, I need.
Speaker 3: You to come with me and my buddy to the party.
Speaker 1: All right. So have you spoken to her at all since then?
Speaker 3: Or no? It's been silent, like no communication back day.
Speaker 2: Everything sounds so good. It's a mystery, I know, that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just happy that we have a famous person on the phone with us now to boost the ratings of this second date up there. We're gonna come back and call Hannah for you right after this second date update. Who would have thought a little rock Scissors paper RSP could lead to some t l C.
Speaker 2: It's rock papers even HPV, I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's aren't very high.
Speaker 2: Get your vaccine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that didn't happen though, because they only hugged. They just hugged at the end of the day. Too many weird acronyms coming together there. But I bring it up. I don't think so. I only bring it up because that's how our listener, Richard met Hannah. A game of Rock paper scissors led to a fancy dinner date that eventually led to a TV interview with the local news.
Speaker 2: That's the wildest part man.
Speaker 1: Somewhere along the way, it must have gotten off the tracks, because now he's reaching out to us for help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: We never heard, Like, it seemed like you enjoyed the TV interview, But did she say anything about it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. She kind of got in on it. I pulled her into the interview, and so it was, you know, both of us.
Speaker 1: So that's good.
Speaker 3: Oh, the hug was after okay, all right.
Speaker 5: Walked away in the middle of God, do you think that the reporter realized that she was interviewing someone that was on a first date, Like, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous because we're not just calling one famous person, We're possibly calling two famous people.
Speaker 3: Pressure is on.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Let's see if Hannah picks up.
Speaker 2: Her phone, ringing off the whole interview.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Hannah who's calling. There is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is her agent?
Speaker 4: Okay, is this Hannah?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 6: How can I help you?
Speaker 1: Hi, Hannah? We're doing something on our show. It's a segment called a second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: Okay, and there's a lot of you on the line there, Hi, radio show.
Speaker 1: You're probably disappointed that this isn't like a crime podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: We heard you give good local television interviews.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, how did you.
Speaker 3: Hear about that interview?
Speaker 1: We heard about it because a guy that you went out with recently, Richard, told us about your Jesus? Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Is that what I heard?
Speaker 6: It was more of an oh, but yeah, we can go with.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, we were calling to try and ask you some questions to figure out how you felt about Richard and how you felt about the date, because he told us a lot about it. Okay, Like I could just tell you. What we know is you met him at a park. You must have thought he was pretty charming because you went out to dinner with him at a nice restaurant and uh said, you had a great time, and you even got interviewed by the local news sounds like a cool day right after it was done.
Speaker 6: So weird, very cool.
Speaker 2: Wait, what's so weird? The date was so weird?
Speaker 6: Of the news like that, you guys are calling me, Oh that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I understand, But we're just trying to help get Richard some answers here because he's a little bit confused why there hasn't been a second meet up.
Speaker 6: I'm not quite sure what he told you, but.
Speaker 1: What I just said that.
Speaker 6: Sounds like everything. Well, I guess the news thing was kind of the issue.
Speaker 2: It was an issue.
Speaker 5: He said that they just interviewed you about like local crime and how you felt about it.
Speaker 4: That part's true, but I don't know if he told you that he actually noticed the newspeople first and kind of ran over to them because he said it was his dream to be on the local news.
Speaker 2: All he said was that he was a ham.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't shy away from that. And there's all kind of personalities. Some people are like, oh my god, my moment.
Speaker 2: And some people were like, this sounds terrifying.
Speaker 1: Is that a turn off to you? Like he's kind of fame hungry.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know if it was same hungry, but just like the whole thing was just really like just too much, Like what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Okay, So apparently the local news was doing a story about some kind of perse snatcher, an event that had like literally just happened that night.
Speaker 2: More generic the way he described it.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, it was not generic.
Speaker 4: And apparently this has been happening repeatedly in the area. And this is where it gets really creepy and weird. Yeah, he mentioned that he saw the guy, the per snatcher guy, while we were walking into the restaurant for our date.
Speaker 2: Did he though, I mean, maybe he did.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I mean, he said, he's like giving the guy the.
Speaker 4: News reporter a physical description, like this guy's got shifty eyes, he might have had something under his.
Speaker 2: Jacket or is that what you're thinking.
Speaker 4: That's what it seems like, and that and like he goes through this whole description of this perse snatcher person and then looks right into the camera and says, and if you don't believe me, just ask my girlfriend, and then kind of pulled me into the frame.
Speaker 2: That's it exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, he did mention that you were on TV for a bit, but I didn't know.
Speaker 6: No, he like yanked me into the frame.
Speaker 4: I was kind of standing off to the side, like deciding whether or not I should just dip.
Speaker 1: So did you show off your man or what?
Speaker 6: This was our first date, and I mean the park was nice, the date was nice. But at this point, I'm like, wait, you're talking about me like I'm your girlfriend. We've only known each other for like three hours to.
Speaker 5: Give up the benefit of the doubt, like, well, maybe he did see the perse snatcher and didn't.
Speaker 6: Want to tell you. And the best part is afterwards he tells me that he's super proud of me, and I did great on camera.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe he met like hey, Fred, that's a girl girlfriend.
Speaker 4: No, he made it like I'm his girlfriend and that if the news people don't believe him, then he can just double check with me.
Speaker 6: Because I saw the guy too.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I know that it was awkward when he pulled you into the TV interview, So now we're going to even it out and make it awkward by pulling him into this phone.
Speaker 5: Interview boyfriend, because he's on the other line, I'm wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Thanks for the Hey, big guy, how's it going.
Speaker 3: That hurts?
Speaker 2: It didn't hurts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, way twisted around you guys like, yeah, you've read it. I'm saying that this is kind of embellishing what what happened? I mean, you know, I I think I saw the first snatcher. Guy who were right there with me? I mean I didn't face it. I mean, if there was a guy who was going to be downtown snatching pursues, just look at that dude and think, Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah we saw a guy.
Speaker 4: We saw lots of guys like that doesn't mean that he's the purse snatcher and.
Speaker 3: That yes, he look like is guilty or sketchy.
Speaker 6: Or I mean, yes he looked a little sketchy, But I don't know that that's the first snatcher. And I'm not going to go accusing him of being the first catcher on national on local TV.
Speaker 1: Was a purse No?
Speaker 2: Was he on several persons? That's the key.
Speaker 6: No, he was just walking by quickly in a dark outfit. But he wasn't wearing a trench coat or anything. It was like he was hiding stuff under the coat.
Speaker 3: Y wait wait, wait, wait wait you were the one that said look at that dude with like the bandana on, you know, like, who were him?
Speaker 6: And I was trying to help you find the word. I was like, do you you mean you said he had something on his head? I'm like, oh, do you mean a bandana?
Speaker 2: Wait? Did you say that on television?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh god for crimes? All right, Well, this is clearly irresponsible on Richard.
Speaker 3: I would say it's shared responsibility. I mean, if they brought this guy into your studio and you took a look at him, you'd be like, yep, first snatches.
Speaker 2: Or they'd come into the studio and be like, which, what have you did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You shifty ourselves with them.
Speaker 1: Well, the real snatching that we're interested in is the snatching of hearts and love.
Speaker 2: She just threw up a little bit in her mouth.
Speaker 1: The reason that we called you, Hannah is because Richard wants to go out with you again.
Speaker 5: I mean, lord, maybe that's a good thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, are we going to have a date on television this time?
Speaker 1: I want you guys to go out again. And I think the only appropriate way to decide this is by doing rock paper scissors. And if you both have the same exact thing, then you know that it's meant to be and you can go out.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, I'll do rock papers for an eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will count to three on three both shout out the name of what you're throwing. It is good for radio, and this is the one time that we're going to do this unless it works, and then we're going to do rock paper scissors on the tens every single game. So here we go, both ready, one, two, three?
Speaker 2: Why would you go with paper first? What are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 1: You're out At least we started with rock paper scissors and we ended that way and we saw the local crime in the meantime too. Hey maybe on the local shifty eyes and something under the jacket, keep a lookout, rook Jeffrey in the morning. Oh, I'm just bummed for our listeners because we won't be doing rock paper scissors on the ten starting Monday morning.
Speaker 5: Man, it's going to actually replace phone taps. Yeah, they're just people and battle them.
Speaker 1: It was probably the hottest segment in all of radio.
Speaker 2: But oh man, I'm lame, Alexis. Yeah, I don't know. You didn't like it. Yeah, I love paper tow I handle all life problem and.
Speaker 1: Look, I do feel like we should say if you talk to the news, don't lie or embellish stories just to make it sound better. I know that nobody watches the local news, and you think that you're trying to help. But Brook has journalist friends who work over there.
Speaker 2: They need They actually work really hard.
Speaker 1: Don't confuse them with your lives.
Speaker 5: No, no, they're just trying to help the community out and save democracy all at the same time.
Speaker 2: You know, one man on the street interview at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if that was boring, you know, maybe you should lie, but uh, email the show and we're not lying. We're gonna help you with your dating life. Call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second date podcasts wherever you get yours at Brooke
Speaker 2: And Jeffrey, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning,