Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right, Rory back for another episode of Don't Know Ball, because we absolutely do not know ball.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe a little bit. Maybe.
Speaker 2: Look, this is why this is why we have this show, so we can bring in some of our friends and that.
Speaker 3: Do know ball and they can help us out.
Speaker 2: Today we are joined by someone who is very knowledgeable, more knowledgeable than you and I both Comebin Yes, combined, even with Google, right, even with our smartphones in our hands, she knows more about ball than we do. ESPN host anchor women's college basketball sideline reporter analyst. I mean, if it's women's basketball, she's there. Welcome Elle duncan lle thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Clap studio audience.
Speaker 3: You can't hit it.
Speaker 1: By the way, you guys are doing it wrong. If you're still googling, just pull up chat GPT.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we get in this entire series, just like.
Speaker 3: We can pull up chat chat GYT tell.
Speaker 2: Us things we don't want to know about about basketball. But you how are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good, man. I'm a little bit tired. We had the draft this week and I'm like in my forties now, so I need like three or four days to recover from one long night.
Speaker 3: Is draft like this draft week like hell week for you?
Speaker 1: Not really, because I was coming off like it's a quick turnaround. I do college women's basketball. So we were at the Final Four and then you know, five days later, we're at the WNBA Draft because I also covered the w NBA. So it's just like a it's like a really long two months, but then I get a bit of a break before the actual season starts.
Speaker 2: I saw during the Final Four and everything, well the lead up to the Final Four and women's college basketball, I saw that you you had South Carolina when it all you said that they had to be get the thrones.
Speaker 3: I didn't know why. I mean, I get it.
Speaker 2: I understand what coach Staley has been able to do, and South Carolina is amazing, but coach orim I mean, I mean Yukon, It's just like, how how do you go against that?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, okay, mile, is that I've filled out my bracket and then Yukon just decided to start playing like Yukon in the tournament and I couldn't go back from there. The reason I'm sort of like, in the same way with football, it's like you always choose the Chiefs until someone beats them. Now, the Eagles beat them, so now we won't just assume that the Chiefs are going to win again. But Don literally won a championship after losing seventy percent of her offense. She lost all of her starters and reloaded and won a championship and went undefeated in the process. So I gave them the benefit of the doubt. But there was not a single team on this planet, maybe not even the Lakers, that we're going to beat that Yukon team the way they were playing period.
Speaker 2: How important is it with coach Staley, the culture that she's building in South Carolina? How important is that program for women's college basketball.
Speaker 1: What's funny is that Gino and Don have very similar programs in terms of, like in this new nil world where there's so much player empowerment, right, Like they can lead, they can go. Do they come for money? They leave for more money if you go to Yukon in South Carolina, Like they're not really paying that much money. It's not that they can't, it's that they're just sort of like, listen, do you want to contend for national championship? Do you want to be in the W and if you do these two programs give you the best opportunity to do both of those things. So it's really interesting because Dawn, I mean, her leading scores came off the bench. Like it's tough to convince young women who are becoming famous, who are getting you know, nods from Steph Curry, who are getting a ton of money and brand of marketing deals, that they still need to come off the bench because it's what's best for the program, because it's what's best for the team. But I think talking to her team, the reason that they do that is because specifically with Down because she has literally walked that path, you know, like she is a champion at it right, Like she's she was a champion player. She didn't win in college, but she was a National Player of the year, then went onto the pros. She then went on and was a Hall of Fame coach. She's won the Olympic gold medals. Like, so they really see her as like a t t so, you know, like a proud auntie and she really she calls herself a dream merchant, but that's because she tries to prepare them for more than just basketball. So they just have such a respect for her she speaks their language, she meets them where they're at, and I think that's why they buy in. But the culture is why she's so consistently in the conversation, even with a team that did not have a Bona five super Starly this is the first time don tried to win a national championship without a Lotto pick. She won her first one with Asia Wilson, the Asia Wilson right. She won her second one with Leah Boston. She won her third one with Kamilla Cardoso. They didn't have that this year, and they still made the national championship.
Speaker 2: Right now, over the years, I've been a fan of women's basketball for years, watching Sue Bird here in New York High School, Shamikah holes Claw, and a few other players.
Speaker 3: The recent s of women's players.
Speaker 2: What is happening though, because it's a different thing that's happening now with women's Like they just a couple of years ago to have a higher rated national championship game than the men's championship game, which was when.
Speaker 3: I found out that was crazy to mean, it's.
Speaker 2: Play better tournament, And yeah, it seems like it's more exciting to watch women's college basketball now.
Speaker 3: Than ever before, Like, what is the cause of that?
Speaker 1: Well, I think part of it is because in the men's side, the really big players, the big names, they're one and done, like they bounce right Cooper Flag's done, he's out, Zion like all these big name sort of superstars they leave. In the women's game, you have to be twenty two years old the year of the draft to lead, which means that in most cases we're getting them for four years because of COVID. In some cases, like with Paige Beckers, we're getting them for five years. So I think you just you just get to know them more, you root for them more. Like you. They become household names, and IL has helped, Like they've got incredible brand of marketing deals, they're better on social media, so they're social media stars on top of what they're doing on the court. And then I just think like in general, the game has gotten better. We talked to Geno about this. I asked him this last year, like, what do you think it is, because he's, you know, a legacy, he's an og and he was like, honestly, I also think there's an appreciation for people meeting the women where they're at, and he used the example of Diana Tarasi like he was like when de was coming through Yukon, everybody's comp was always right, like, she's like Kobe. She's like a female Kobe. Of course that's why she's the white mom. But he was like, now the comps are she's like an Asia Wilson. She's like a Brianna Stewart, right, And so they appreciate women's game for what it is, as opposed to saying, well, I'd be more interested if they dunked, or I'd be more interested if they did this. I think there's just an appreciation for how they play more. But I really do think it comes down to the fact that you just watch them longer, like you watch them for years. With Paige Becker's like you saw her journey. You know how hard it was for her to win that national championship. You were root for her. And in the men's side, they just they bounced. I mean, most of these big name superstars, we don't even remember where they went to college because they were only there for a calendar year.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I was talking to somebody a few weeks ago, I said, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't even can't name the.
Speaker 2: Top five picks of the NBA Draft, Like, I really can't.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't name the top five picks.
Speaker 2: And that's probably the first time in years that I could actually say I cannot name the top five picks in the NBA Draft.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, I can name Cooper Flag. But you know, I'm all like I always joke whenever someone's like, and who's your pick on the men's side, I'm like, men play basketball.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long How long do you think before or do you ever think that they will try that with men's basketball, where they would actually, you know, have the players stay not and not do one and done.
Speaker 3: Do you think that will ever happen?
Speaker 2: Because I mean, this is a business, and if they start to see the ratings and viewership slip more than it already has, I can see them getting to a point where they're like, we have to do something to keep these players at these universities for more than a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I actually think even though existentially, like for me, you know this big boogeyman of nil that everybody always bitches and complains about, Like, I get it. If you are a program, if you're a coach.
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 1: It is tough because like as soon as someone says something you don't like or plays you in a way you don't like, they can bounce. And I understand that there's a lot they didn't regulate it at all, or they regulated it too much and then it turned into the wild wild West. As a fan, I think it's great. Like I love the fact it's so much drama. Right, We've never had like a real off season in college sports, so the idea that you know, the kid in Tennessee is like, I'll want more money and they're like, we'll call your bluff. You can fuck off. Like, I think it's exciting.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also think NIL helps with some players because they don't they don't want to leave right, Like they know that if they're going to be a late first round pick, they could probably make. Look at Drew Timmy that you just felt like twenty five years in college basketball, but it's because he knew there was a lot more opportunity for him staying in college. So I think that is going to help some of these dudes that you know are maybe fringe like lotto picks, decide to stay another year or take their talent somewhere else and get more money. But I mean they've tried it now, right, Like I remember, you know when it was you could come straight from high school, and then they regulated that because they felt like it was making college irrelevant. And then they went into the one and done and now we're back to the it's making college irrelevant. But ultimately, it's just really hard to tell these players who are coming out for the most part, the top players are coming out somewhat pro ready. It's hard to tell them, like to force them to stay in college when they know they can make so much bank in the NBA. So I don't know that there's a regulation that's coming. Adam Silver's talked about that, the NCAA's talked about that, and ultimately it's really up to the if they think they've got to flat on their hands. No, they got one year, it's like make it or break it is.
Speaker 3: This is it now. I'm not mad at the NIO.
Speaker 2: I think that, you know, we should be paying these collegiate as athletes, especially with all of the money that they bring these universities. I absolutely hate the transfer portal though, I think that is a problem. Like I one, I don't understand it and to us like why do we have that?
Speaker 3: Like you know what I mean, like, why what do you dis.
Speaker 4: Like about it?
Speaker 2: Because I think that it's It's almost like if I go to university, I commit to a university and I get there and say I'm not playing well, I don't like the coach as somebody that you know has a scholarship or doesn't have a walk on places out plays me. He has more playing time than me. Now I can just decide that, oh, I'm going to transfer. I just don't agree with that. I just think that that's I think that has the potential to kill college.
Speaker 6: Not that there was a transfer portal, say when Cam Newton was there, but we could have got a better Cam Newton if he could have left Florida immediately and went to Auburn rather than like one and a half years, Like he could have really had four years of greatness instead of just sitting behind Tim Tebow stealing laptops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't know. I just I just think that it.
Speaker 2: Just gives players, I want to say, like an out, like the first thing that they don't like. The coach does this says that doesn't like the offense, I'm out of here. I'm transferring. It's like I just don't agree with the transporter. I think that that's like you.
Speaker 3: Should have to sit out a full year.
Speaker 1: I believe, yeah, like how it used to be. I mean, here's what I would say to you about that, because I hear that a lot. And like I said, if you're a coach, I get it. The transfer portal has retired some coaches. They're like, I want to deal with it, this is it's a new breed of player and whatnot. But I would also say that like you can apply that to literally anything in life, like even go to the pros, like their player impoundment now is just saying okay, I'll set out I just won't participate until you give me more money, until you trade me.
Speaker 2: That's true. But something some would say that that's ruining the NBA as well.
Speaker 1: Though, and that's fine. I think it comes down to I don't want to say it comes down to character, as if you have bad character, if you choose to do it. I was raised that like when you start something, you finish it. You don't quit period. You finish something, and then if if you don't want to do it at the end of it. Again, you don't have to sign back up, but that you don't quit things, and so existentially, I will never be that person. That's just who I am, and that's sort of like my moral base. And I think there are plenty of players who feel the same way, who say, Okay, I'm still going to stay with this program because I made a commitment to them and they made a commitment to me. I just think people are motivated by different things. And you know, frankly, like I said before, they this is on the conference. This is on the conferences in the leagues. Because they went so long with punishing people for having you know, a McDonald's meal paid for by a booster could cost you your eligibility. They went so long doing that crap that then Congress had to get involved, and Congress didn't know anything else sports, so they were like, cool, wheels are off, go at. They completely deregulated everything when the NCAA could have got ahead of this years ago, and instead they waited and they waited and they waited and they waited, and they put it in somebody else's hands and now they're upset, but ultimately like this, this is the new reality I'm with you. I mean, I think it was something like on the first day of eligibility there was like twelve hundred people in the transfer portal, Like that's that's that's bano. So we also have to stop looking at college as an amateur sport. It's not anymore. It's a professional league at this point. I think they need to make it that way. They need to have a commissioner. They need to allow these people to have, like, you know, the agents that they have, and treat it as a professional league, because that's essentially where we.
Speaker 6: Are in covering women's college basketball. You're there early for shoot around, you're in the locker rooms, et cetera. How bad is the music taste of these young people.
Speaker 1: It's like, I feel like I'm in a constant TikTok video.
Speaker 3: So hard.
Speaker 4: You're in the tiktoka constantly.
Speaker 1: It's just and then sometimes you'll realize you are in a TikTok video. You know, you'll see him synchronizing and doing the dance. I'm like, wow, we're here. It's not It's not great. I mean, I like every kind of music, Like music is very much my shit. I had a musical background. I started in hip hop radio in Atlanta, And if I wasn't doing sports, frankly, I would be doing something in the music world, maybe music supervisor or something. I love music, but I also feel like some of the music needs to like make you feel something, and like the mumble rap and the TikTok songs, I.
Speaker 4: Don't see somebody's artists.
Speaker 2: Somebody's artists need to get into transfer portal. That's what transfer out of music. Transfer out of that music makes you feel something, it makes you feel stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely fair.
Speaker 1: I will say the wildest shoot around I was ever at though, cause like, for the most part, right for the most part, especially in the basketball world, they're listening to a lot of hip hop, you know, and even if it's not particularly my type of hip hop, it's like SoundCloud hip hop, it's still hip hop. Like it's still you know, it's still got some thumb.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to shoot around a couple of years ago at Iowa. Kaylen Clark was there and they were blasting Taylor swiftest shoot around, and I was like, this feels very apropos Like I've never really seen anybody lean all the way in. He comes from the hostile music for page, but for the most part, it's all the same consistent thing.
Speaker 4: What music did you listen to coming up in Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Oh Man, Well, you know, I don't know how. I don't know how Atlanta I can go. But like I was raised on like kil and Raheem the Dream and I mean, but I'm wearing an outcast shirt shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Always. But my parents were always really had like a really diverse sort of discography too, if you will, and their tastes were varied. So I also grew up on a lot of like, like my favorite artists still to this day is Sam Cook, I love Stevie Wonders, so all the classics. But I think what's cool about Atlanta is it's such a melting pot. And I was candidly raised in the suburbs of Atlanta, which if you don't know, when you drive thirty miles outside of Atlanta, you drive thirty miles back into time. And so I also grew up on a lot of like alternative music and rock music, and you know, I might have had a little bit of a metal moment for a time being. So I think that's where it came from, is just this melting pot of like you know, whistle while you twerk, and then we would like hit you with a little Green Day too.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we were just talking about Green Day a couple of days ago, like and OJ that juice Love Love Green Day, Huge, Green Day. Yo.
Speaker 1: OJ's ad libs were just so great. I mean, just the best.
Speaker 6: Nicest person too. What you were saying so so.
Speaker 2: So you had a time where you would we could catch l at hot topic in the all getting like some outfits, some some shirts like heavy metal I got the Outcast shirt?
Speaker 3: Was that hot topic?
Speaker 1: This is one hundred percent Spencer's gifts. Absolutely, I had. I had a little moment with like system of a down Yeah, yeah, where I just want you know, you're young and you're angry for no reason. Uh like literally lived behind a farm. There was no reason to be angry, so I just had to manufacture anger. So metal music did that for me.
Speaker 6: Do you remember like the exact time when Outcast kind of popped and entered into the world.
Speaker 3: What was that like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I was actually in middle school and at the time we had just moved from Atlanta to Florida, brief three year stint, very forgettable, but we were living in Jacksonville and I had heard Elevators and I was like, what's this and I then I started falling into the rabbit hole. Obviously it was more difficult back then. You couldn't just hop on Spotify, so I had to start buying CD singles. But that's when I like went back in time and you know, picked him back up with Southern playlistic. But I think what really made Outcast pop was like the Source Awards, you know, with saying that the South had something to say, was when it was like yes, because you know, New York and LA had dominated hip hop at that point and nobody took Southern rappers seriously. It was part of music. It was rhem, the dream. It was you know, like Uncle Lucash like, it was that kind of like, you know, Black Pack. I was hoping I can get this Black Pack reference in and I think for me, so for me, it was like middle school. But I really think the Source Awards is when people were like, these young fellas do have something to say? Interesting?
Speaker 6: And at the same time, what was I guess the wave like with TLC happening around then Jermaine Dupree starting out, what was the energy like then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fire. I love JD. I actually saw JD a couple of years ago after a Super Bowl. I was like, damn, man, why'd you dress like se Lo? He did a little bit a little like Sei Leo, right thought everybody did, but they were like they brought Selo, let's go. But like Goodie Mob was very much my ship at the time, and it was it was great because we had TLC who were like our R and B queens, but then we had all of you know, Jermaine Dupree was really starting to put us on the map. Like Luda. I think people sort of gloss over Luda's contributions to hip hop. I get it, he's like fun rap, but like Luda was huge for us. You know, he was more mainstream than even Outcast was at the time. And then just sort of like his wordplay and his fun energy. I mean, they still play Move, Bitch, get out the Way at Falcons games every time they get a first down. And so it was it was like such an amazing time to be in Atlanta. I remember like having you know, my cousins, my family's from Denver, and they would be like, can you can you like record on the radio? Got a few of young listeners or viewers. I'm sure they're like what you used to have to press record and play at the same time on your on your tapes, and I would make them mixtapes and I would send them to them because they were getting music. Eight nine, ten months later that we were debuting in Atlanta. It was quite a time Freaknick was popping at the time, like it was was too young for that.
Speaker 2: All right, listen Elle, you referenced Luke, You reference Luke, and now you reference the Freaknik.
Speaker 3: Is there anything you wanted? Trailers and Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: JD is doing a Freaknick documentary. Are we going to see l somewhere in the background walking past a camera? Like, just let us know now so we don't be as surprised when we see it.
Speaker 3: No, I was.
Speaker 1: For I am so fortunate that Freaknick was really pretty much waning out by the time I hit like college, but it was it was definitely very prevalent in middle and high school for me. My first introduction to Freaknick, my dad had to take because anybody that was from there knew, like, you stay away from downtown Atlanta during Freaknick, unless, of course you're participating, but we had to go. I had theater camp downtown and so my dad had to take me exact problem. And I just remember my dad being like, cover your eyes, close your eyes because it was I mean it was it was going down. And then in high school, this guy comes up to me in class. We were in Spanish class. His name was Shannon. I'll never forget this. He comes up to me. He's like, let me show you something, you know, And this is when we just had like digital cameras, were gonna have like cell phones with that digital cameras, And he was like, take a look, and he shows me a video he had taken on his digital camera of some folks getting at popping while just just driving down Peachtree in the back of a truck with everyone like watching. And I was like, is this what's happening thirty miles from now here downtown?
Speaker 6: Like absolutely, yeah, you were practicing othello while you're doing that, right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Over here doing Shakespeare and they're shaking that ass, they're shaking out. I love to remind some people, many of which you are from Atlanta or from the surrounding areas. I'm like, some of you came about because of freakniks.
Speaker 4: So yeah, for.
Speaker 3: Sure, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 6: And they're carrying on the tradition just without the festival exactly correct.
Speaker 2: El So, you being so close to women's college basketball and actually seeing these women up close and personal, who is the one player that people don't talk about a lot that you feel like will be a star at the next level?
Speaker 1: Ooh, someone people don't talk about a lot. I mean, you know, the thing about women's college basketball is, even though the parody is gone a lot better, there's still really only like six or seven teams that I think are really like contenders every year. And of those six or seven teams, there's probably like three or four that I think are our you know, next level or generational or transformational. So most people sort of know them. But I think someone that is is really going to take not just because of her play, but because of everything that she represents that's really going to take the next level by storm is Flage Johnson at LSU. Because we know that these young women have to navigate a lot, and they're balancing being student athletes and now being brands because of nil, but she's like a whole ass rapper and performer, like she'll go do a performance somewhere and then she'll find where their closest jim is and she'll work out for LSU. She's a champion. I think Flage is like she's gonna be you know, we see you know, some dudes in the NBA and their careers fizzle out and they end up having hits that I don't know why. I'm so sorry. I don't I don't get it. Jello, I don't like Elle.
Speaker 3: I love you, I love you already, ell Ell, I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm like you guys are one of those songs that, like it starts out, you're like, oh, this is fun, and then after about thirty seconds, it's like, because that's all you.
Speaker 2: Need, and that's all you need for all you need for TikTok is twenty seconds.
Speaker 4: All you need for streaming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all that's all you need.
Speaker 2: So they're making these songs that just have this moment within the song and people like that's a hit.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, it's not.
Speaker 4: It's certified gold as yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's a terrible record, terrible, terrible record.
Speaker 1: Well it's not a good record, it's it's just it's one of those that like yeah, Like, if you're a DJ, it's fun. You play it for the crowd for thirty seconds and then you move on. Nobody wants to listen to that shit from beginning to end.
Speaker 3: Nobody.
Speaker 6: I'll agree with you there, I'm definitely not listening to that entire record.
Speaker 3: I do like it in the.
Speaker 6: Middle of a set for you know, thirty seconds at most. But his follow up with Gloilla was one of the worst songs I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Because he because he's not a real artist. He's not a rapper, he's not a real artist.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 1: Yes, And like the actual she's an actual artist. Like I think that's why Flage is dope, because like, you know, a lot of these dudes rap and they're bored. You know, Damian lillarpoill hop on a mic, and like I think Dame's actually not bad. Yeah, Dame can rap, but it's it's a it's a hobby. Like Flage really wants basketball and music to like sort of both be her careers, and she has the talent to do that. So I just think, I think at the next level, Like I just think she's going to be an absolute So.
Speaker 3: She's a star already.
Speaker 2: I can't open X without seeing a flage ad. I'm like, yo, she is she in school? Like they just have a work doing ads all day. On X you said you did theater as a kid Atlanta Radio. Did you ever try to rap? There's no way you did.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. My my rap style, I describe it as like a mix of like Fergie and Kesh. It's very white girl rap, like I need. It needs to be slow, you know. I woke up in the morning like I won't say his name. Yeah, it's been like very so methodical, which is why when everybody was shitting on snap music, I was like, I love that shit.
Speaker 4: I all along to the easy Pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like ABC one two three raps. I never tried to rap, but I did. Rory have a very brief encounter as a singer. I got a record deal when I was nineteen, and the deal was it the deal put TLC's deal to Shane. Just to tell you how bad that deal was, Like they wanted to own my name and perpetuity for like my life, like it was.
Speaker 4: They didn't negotiate with ESPN just now.
Speaker 1: They would still be making money off of me doing something that's not music related and I released like I had like some songs I put together like an EP, and I went and I performed for the first time. I was gonta do a live performance for the first time with original music at this club in Atlanta at the time called the Chili Pepper, and I had backup dancers and like all this stuff. And it was so bad that my own parents couldn't even lie to me, like they like when I came off stage, I was like, how did I do? And they were just like, You're so brave.
Speaker 3: It's so brave, such a brave soul.
Speaker 4: What went wrong? What?
Speaker 1: It just was bad? Like, you know what I realized. I realized that having a decent voice and that I love because I loved music so much, I thought, well, because I love music, and people keep telling me I have a decent voice, like I should do something in this space. And I think what I realized was that you can have like a passion and you can like enjoy something and that does not mean that you have what it takes to make it a profession. Like just because you like making beats and that's a great creative outlet for you, does not mean that, like you're the next DJ Mustard, Like, I just it just doesn't do you know what I'm saying, And like, there's a whole lot more that goes into being a music artist then generally liking writing songs, and like, there's just a lot more that goes into it. And I realized that at the time, but it was just it was the dancing. It was the singing on key to a backup track.
Speaker 3: Key is important.
Speaker 2: On key is important because you can sing, but are you on key tune on it exactly?
Speaker 1: And I discovered that, like I am the Queen of Shower Records, Like in the Shower, it's not like with the acoustics, yeah right, Like I'm fucking Whitney Houston. But you you put me with like ears in and it doesn't go particularly well. So I just keep it to karaoke at this point.
Speaker 2: So Paige Beckers, she is the real deal. I like her game. Where do you have her? As far as what she will be able to do for the WNBA. We saw what Caitlin and Angels rivalry and they're back and forth kind of help to elevate the audience of the WNBA.
Speaker 3: Do you think Page comes in and adds to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's definitely a ratings driver. I mean, listen, let's just be real. There's no one like Caitlyn Clark. Like there's like there just isn't There's no one, there's no rivalry. I think that's fresh on people's minds. That's bigger than Angel Rees versus Kaitlin Clark. It's why their matchups always do so well. But Paige Becker's Like the thing about Page is that someone was asking me this the other day. They were like, this idea that the space is being dominated by like a white woman, and it worked really well for Caitlin because she's so freakin good and also helped that like mainstream America, you know, could relate to her and see, you know, their daughters and her. Why didn't we have that same you know, astronomical effect with Page. And the thing is is that, like Paige Becker's is the best way to describe her is a very un sexy word, and that is efficient, Like there is not a smarter basketball player in terms of Page almost never takes the wrong shot. She is is so incredibly efficient, Like she was like on the precipice of like a season where she was shooting at least fifty percent from the field, at least forty percent from three, and was shooting ninety percent from the free throw line. She's a great two way player. She's a hell of a defender, She's a facilitator. She can bring the ball up, she can create. But she's very deferential, like Page is, such as she doesn't love the like is a superstar, she's the Queen of Riz Like. She's just as charismatic in person as you see on social media, but she's also very much about Like if you ever hear her talk, all she does talk about her teamates, it's always about other people, other people, other people. She doesn't love to sort of own and embrace this superstar thing, and I think that that's maybe why we didn't see the same. I also think that there was a lot of stop and start to her career because of the injuries. Like Paige was the original Caitlin in terms of height. She was the Gatorade National Player of the Year in high school, COVID ruined her chance of winning a state champ being ship She's the first and still only freshman ever to win National Player of the Year. And there was just this groundswell of like yo, this is the one, and then she got hurt, right, and then she got hurt again, and then all of her teammates got her. And I think because of sort of the stop and start is why we didn't see those same sort of like bananas numbers that we saw with Caitlin Clark. But she is absolutely the real deal, Like she is so incredible also at navigating the space, because the w space is yes, about the basketball, but also about the conversation and narratives around it, and I think that Page navigates that in such a smart way and it's incredibly authentic, Like she understands and respects that this was a league that was born and bred on the backs of black women, queer women, and that they always have had the same attention and commercial appeal, and she uses every opportunity she can to thank them, to show them gratitude, to pay homage to them. So she's she's gonna be She's gonna be amazing. Am I do I expect that we're going to see, you know, seven million viewers every time she steps on the court. Maybe not, but in terms of just sheer talent, who she is as a person, and then her social media you know, outreach she's a superstar.
Speaker 4: How do you feel the first takes and just morning debate shows have affected the legacy of Sports Center?
Speaker 1: Hmm, well, I mean I think in general, there's been a lot of debate about like do we embrace debate? Are we tired of debate? Sports Ower is one of those like tried and true. When I first started working at ESPN, they were like, sports Owner is such a recognized brand that some people don't even associate it with ESPN, Like they think it's its own thing. And Sports Center has also seen some like different machinations right where like it was very to start, was very newsy. It was very you know, you give the highlights, you give the facts, like there's no and then like people like Stuart Scott came in and they brought in cultural references and they made it more fun and interesting and they used you know, one liners to sort of tell the story of sports. And now I think that the Sports Owner that I work at is cool because it allows for any type of personality to be who they want to be. Like fifteen years ago, probably a sports center was never going to let someone like me write a monologue where I just roast people like I do on taking the l right or allow the fandom. You know, I bark because I'm a Georgia Bulldog fan whenever I can, Like, I don't think it was embraced or appreciated in the same way, and I'd like to believe that the debate shows have helped in that way. I think that it allows like I get to do first take. There would have been a time where it would have been nonsensical to put a sports center anchor on a debate show, because the whole point is, it's not about you, it's not about your opinion, it doesn't matter what you think. And so I think that a place like ESPN and the first takes of the world and they get up to the world's has just allowed people to sort of see us a little bit more than just what the specific role is. And so I like to believe that I'm a sports center anchor and then some and so you know, ultimately, like we're sort of damned if we do and damned if we don't. Sometimes at ESPN, you just go full highlights and people go, well, I can get that on my phone. That's stupid. Why would I just come to you for highlights? That's stupid. You talk too much and then they go, we want our highlights. It's like you really, like, you really can't win, And so ultimately it works like people that bitch and complain about first take like tell that to the ratings, tell that to the interest, to the intrigue, like it's a it's a formula that's working, and so they're going to keep doing it and like that. It just is what it is. But ultimately, like if you don't like a debate show, we also offer you other options as well.
Speaker 4: What's something you want to add to Sports Center that's not currently there?
Speaker 1: Something I want to add to Sports Center?
Speaker 4: More baseball highlights, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, golf, yeah, more golf in general. Yeah, you know, I would say that, like speaking for my Sports Center because it's a one hour show and then when you account for commercials, it's a forty minute show. What I would love for Sports Center to be able to have more of but it's kind of impossible based on the formula. It's just more time to let shit breathe, you know, like more time to have a guest on and not dedicate three minutes to them, Like if the conversation is going really well, being able to have more opportunity to expound or to dig in a little deeper on things. But that's just not really what we're working with, Like we're trying to give you all of the news or table set everything that's coming up amongst the four major sports, including women's basketball, including men's basketball. Like, it's just it's a lot. I wish that there was a little bit more space to just when called for a freestyle a bit.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about some.
Speaker 2: Of the biggest stars in the WNBA being able to make more money in unrival than.
Speaker 3: The actual league?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that it It's fortunately short term, you know, the new CBA is coming up, this is the last year under this current CBA. They will get an exponential raise. Of course, it's unfortunate. You know, it's when you see that like Caitlin Clark, Paige Becker's Angel Reese making seventy two thousand dollars a year and their you know, first year, Like I'm pretty sure that's what like the team manager is making on an NBA team, right, Like, So that's that's wild. I appreciate that Unrivaled was started by w NBA players with the FISA, Collier and Brianna Stewart, because they understand a what their worth is and their value, but they also understand that the money is in being an initial investor. And that was what I thought was the cool thing with Unrivaled. It wasn't just another league where they were promising to pay more people. It was a league where you could come in as an initial investor. So you're profiting off of a direct profit off of the ratings, the viewership, Jersey sales, ticket sales, Like you're getting a piece of all of that tech. You are in the CBA as well, but it's just such a small piece. So it gave these women an opportunity to have a business venture on top of being able to stay in this country not have to play internationally. It was a breeding ground for free agents, Like they got to play with people, They got to talk to people in Miami. From what I understand, like that's how some of these deals came about, is someone like hollering as someone and being like, Yo, you need to join us in Connecticut, you need to join us in New York. And so from all the women that I've talked to, they absolutely love it and the ratings were great despite the fact they didn't have some of the bigger, bigger names like an Asia Wilson or a Caitlin Clark Page signed on to do three years of it. So that's amazing. But I mean it's great to have competition, Like for so long in the women's space, it's basically been you get what you get and you don't get upset. And that's because there is no competition, right, Like there's one media company that does your games, there's one league that does your games, and so like you just have to get what you get because you really don't have any other options unless you want to go to Russia, and who wants to go to Russia?
Speaker 5: So any time there's compensation, that just drives the price up, right exactly, What's what's something you would change if you were the commissioner?
Speaker 6: Ooh?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, you know that's a tough one because the things that I think should change in the w R counter intuitive to what a commissioner would want, right paying them. Yeah, but I think you know what I would do is I would level the playing field more in terms of the facilities and because right now you still have the haves and have nots, like when you're a free agent and you're deciding and like, listen, it's with all sports. Some facilities facilities are nicer than others, and we get it, but they're in general is a baseline, right Like, there is a baseline of like, you can't have these women in a rat infested gym, right Like, there's like and I'm not saying that that's what's happening, but across men's sports, there's a baseline. You have to have certain nutrition, you have to have certain you know, number of staff that's and that's not there right now. So it's kind of like, okay, if if you go to the aces and you're in you're in great shape, right because Mark Davis really believes in the product, so we spends a ton of money. You're at Golden State, they're brand new, but like the Lake ups like they care, so they're going to spend a bunch of money. But let's say you want to go play for a team because you think their roster is incredible, but you also know that your facilities are trash like, so I would start with making a baseline that is better in general for them in terms of facilities. They're asking for insurance after they retire, which is like something that you should be able to do. The last CBA was really historic in terms of, like, you know, women have babies. It's a thing. I hope I'm not sharing something new with you, Ria Maw, but women have babies, so like what is it right? Like protections during pregnancy, how long it takes for them to get back onto the court, like all of those things I would take into consideration, but I would definitely start with the facilities and how they travel. And the charters were new last year, and again it's quine of one of those things where it was like, Okay, it's better than commercial for sure. However, I've also heard that some of these planes are basically like Southwest Plains, Like they're not they're not necessarily like the lap of luxury planes that you would expect on like a chartered you know, I've been on charters with the Red Sox and you know their lux like they're they're nice, nice, nice planes. Some of these planes don't even recline, you know. And these are tall women who are traveling across country, So just that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: We had a Lexi Brown on the show and she just got traded from LA to Seattle, and the first thing she said was, well, at least they'll have a practice gym. Now she had no practice gym in Los Angeles, which is crazy Los Angeles, right, Kansas, Right, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So when you're thinking about where you want to go, like do you want to go to the place that has not a practice gym or the place that has a practice gym and like a cryogenic chamber, like.
Speaker 4: You know, a shower and an ice bath at least, yeah, can you imagine?
Speaker 2: Now we had We also had one of your other calls, Andrea on and the other day were watching Rich Paul and he said he said he even feel like Miami was the Big Three because he even feel like Chris Bosh was part of the Big Three. Now you Andrea, and I don't want to butcher her name is it Shane?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sam, y'all have been dubbed the Big Three? How important do you think it is what y'all are doing? Because I do think that y'all are building a type of culture and analyst and over at ESPN. How important and how much fun do y'all have doing what y'all doing? Because I'm starting to see clips of y'all everywhere having fun in the studio, and the way that y'all talk about the game and break it down and give it to somebody who is not really into women's sports like myself, but have followed it, y'all make it more, you know, palatable for somebody like me.
Speaker 3: How important is that for y'all and what y'all are building.
Speaker 1: We appreciate that. I mean, I think that's the point now, is that, like, you know, you got two ogs like Drea play in Tennessee. Chaney is a Stanford Hall of Famer and was a former number one overall pick, so they've been in it. But then you have someone like me who came into the space four seasons ago. I mean, I've obviously always been a fan of women's sports in general. I was a softball player in my whole life, but I wasn't in this space. And the beautiful part about growing and expanding a fan base is that there needs to be room for the novices who are learning. And I think what Cheney and Andrea do incredibly well is that while they could talk over your head about basketball, they make it digestible. They show you all the joy that they have in talking about it, and the joy that they had in playing it. They know these players so incredibly well. They either played with them or they mentor them. And I just think that, like, if you love the WNBA, if you love women's college basketball and you've been around since its inception, then they're for you, and we hope that we're for you. But if you're brand new and you're just trying to learn and you just want to know, like who should I be watching? Okay, apart from like Paige Becker's, who else on the team is really important if you want to see why ucon went on that ridiculous run and won the national championship, Like if you just want and then on top of that, if you just want to see three women who really enjoy each other's company and roast each other and look at each other like sisters. And you know, I come up with my one liners because I'm certainly not going to match them in terms of basketball acumen. Like, I just think that we try to bring as much fun as we can because this space is really fun. And the thing that's most important to me is that our relationship translates on air because we are always like that if the camera stops rolling, we don't stop acting that way. It's just that, you know, we have an opportunity to share our relationship with everybody, and it's been great. It's been one of the most rewarding experiences of my career because it's two women that I respect so much and we all want each other to win, and that can be difficult. Like I've worked with people before, and your job is to have chemistry and sometimes you have to fake it. And you know, my greatest like gift is when I've worked with someone who I can't stay and people will come up to me and be like, are you guys best friends? Because you just seem like you love each other. I'm like, she smiles through her teeth, And in this case, I don't have to fake the chemistry, the joy, the love, the respect. Like it's all been great.
Speaker 3: It was a funny story.
Speaker 2: I was driving in Manhattan one day and I'm turning on like thirty twenty ninth Street, I think, and I was texting, texting and turning at the same time. But I was trying to tell my friend that I was pulling up in front of the building to come downstairs, and I look up. I had to slam on the brakes almost hit somebody and she yells, you fucking idiot, and it was Swing Cash, and I wanted to say, I wanted to say I'm a big fan, but I didn't think that was the right the right time to yoh.
Speaker 1: You got swin to cuss at you because she's so chill and.
Speaker 2: Like, no, what I like? Yeah, I almost hit, like I'm turning slow, but like she had the right away to walk And I looked up and it was Swing Cash and she was just yelling like what are you. I was like, I wanted to say, I'm sorry, Swim, I'm a huge fan, but.
Speaker 3: That wasn't the right time to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that probably was not the right wasn't the right time you almost murdered her, But yeah, I'm glad you didn't.
Speaker 6: We did an Atlanta album versus with pac Man Jones, another Atlanta resident, and I figured we could bring that segment back with you. Since you are a music person and from Atlanta. You have to pick an album between each of these artists. You can't say, booth. We'll start with Outcasts. Since you have the shirt on Aty Aliens or Equemini.
Speaker 1: Equimini, are you answer that quick? Chunky Fire Chunky Fire is my favorite Outcast song of all time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I'd probably still lean on eighty aliens.
Speaker 3: But it is tough.
Speaker 4: You said that with the quickness God damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Equimini. Just to me, it's like a Noe Skips album. Literally, I will listen to it from beginning to end.
Speaker 4: Ludacris back for the first time versus Chicken and Beer.
Speaker 1: Chicken and Beer only because only because there was a personal story there. I was working at the time at gladyson Ron's Chicken and Waffles. Do you remember that franchise? Okay, So I'm working there as a hostess, and they Luda had his like album listening party at gladyson Ron's. It was the first time I ever met him. I'm cool with Luda, like we're homies now, like he's the best I love Shaka, but at the time, I just was so starstruck and I just remember hearing it for the first time while he was playing and watching him like rap along while he was having chicken and waffles. So I'm going chicken and waffles just for nostalgia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he was a radio host too, so I see I see the collection back for the first time is underrated.
Speaker 4: But I'm going chicken in beer as well. Yeah gz TM one on one versus the Recession, ooh, TM one on one, Yeah, that's kind of yeah, that's that's that's you can't you can't go against it. The recession is there though.
Speaker 2: This was a good album, but it was a good album. The TM one on one is the is the album.
Speaker 4: This is one of the toughest to me. T I Trap Music Verse King.
Speaker 1: Oh Okay. Again, at the time, I was doing Atlanta Radio, so we were doing some events with t I at the time, and like did his album release party for King. So I'm gonna go with King, just because of the nostalgia. Like I have a horrible memory, and I listened to music specifically when I'm in moments to help me remember those moments. And I just like I can distinctly remember, like so much of my life at that time wrapped up with King. So I'm gonna go King.
Speaker 6: Do you have any crazy stories from when you were working at the radio station? Oh god, especially around that time in Atlanta, was so many Well.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have a funny Kanye story which.
Speaker 4: Is, Oh my god, the world if you're on Twitter, you have.
Speaker 1: One fair fair although what he's doing now isn't exactly funny, more so disgusting and deplorable, but you're right, right. So we were the last radio station at the time to add gold Digger, Okay, the very last one, and I don't know why RPD just decided we weren't going to add the song, so we ad gold Digger. Of course, gold Digger is a huge smash it. Kanye comes on our radio show and he has clearly been told or knows that we were the last hip hop major hip hop.
Speaker 4: He probably researched himself, of course he did.
Speaker 1: So there's just this like there's just this contentious like attitude with everything that we're doing, you know, and the man was truly like at the time, I was like, man, this man is truly eccentric. Right, Like now I would describe him in some other words, but at the time, eccentric kept coming to mind. You know, he just would He was very add and I can relate. I'm add two. But like you could literally be like, Kanye, do you want like a coke or anything? And he'd be like, no, I don't want to coke, but coke is refreshing. It's refreshing like a Fanta, although Fanta commercials are not that good because it was just like, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 3: So he was the first.
Speaker 1: We just and how they hallucinate the same thing and so so, so the interview is over, it's like all over the he's being He's like jumping behind, He's just being Kanye. And so finally we get to a point where we're like, it's time to do the radio drops, right, and like, for people that are listening that don't know, I know, y'all know, the radio drop is you know, yo, you're listening to Rory and Mao on B one o three whatever it is. So it's time for him to do the drops. And this is where he decides he's going to bring up that we were the last. So so every drop is like, Yo, what's up? You're listening to V one o three? Or he's like, Yo, what's up this Kanye West? You listening to V one o three? Yeah? I mean, I guess you should listen to them. Even though they didn't want to play my stuff, even though they didn't want to play gold Digger, even though they didn't see it, that's cool, though it's fine. It's whatever. You're listening. We're like, all right, can you try it again?
Speaker 2: Kanye n.
Speaker 4: No, it's perfect, Yo, what's up?
Speaker 1: This is Kanye West. I mean you know, you listen in the bitch Ass V one.
Speaker 3: OK, Like, oh my god, bro, you listen in the bitch Ass V one.
Speaker 1: O three was but to be honest, if you have time for one more story, rest in peace to the greatest DMX. My favorite radio drop story of all time was X because X comes up to our radio station, which, by the way, is located right on Peachtree Street in Colony Square, which, if you've been to Atlanta, is a main thoroughfare. He shows up with every rough rider in the southeast. They are blocking traffic, like there's people everywhere. It's just it's Madison chaos everywhere. So it comes up to the radio station and he's great, and we're you know, we're doing our interview or whatever, and it comes time for him to do the drops. So my little intern comes in and hands him the sheet right with everything that he needs to say and his name on it, even though he could have figured out the name part right.
Speaker 5: So he goes to start, Yo, what's up? This isn't and he stops and he's like, Yo, what the fuck is this? And we were like what and he's like, what the fuck is this? And he turns a paper and he's like, you put fucking little EG.
Speaker 3: I looked like a little X.
Speaker 1: You is a big X. That ain't no fuck, I'm not a little X.
Speaker 6: You need to fix it.
Speaker 1: And we were like, can you just can you just like say it though, because like, no one's gonna see the paper. This is just a reference for you. I want you to change it. And he's like, he's pissed because we somebody did a typo and they did capital D, capital M, lowercase X, and he would not let it slide.
Speaker 3: So we have never lowercase the X. You never lowercase the X.
Speaker 1: Ever, Brett. So we had to wait reprint it, and then he was like this is better, and then he did it great.
Speaker 6: Wait, that's even crazy, because when you were saying it, I thought maybe someone confused him with the director little X or something.
Speaker 3: It was just a lower case lower case X.
Speaker 7: They were just typing it really quickly, and because he asked for it to be like written out and he and then they accidentally made a typo and the intern was humiliated and embarrassed.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: Before before we get to our don'no ball questions, just quickly have a few more future fifty six nights Verse Hendrix, now Hendrix, same young Thug, Jeffrey or Barter six Jeffrey Usher Confessions or eighty seven oh one, Oh Confessions I'm Leana eighty seven.
Speaker 2: I I like that you kind of hesitated with that one. You thought about eighty seven oh one.
Speaker 3: A little bit, I did.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love eighty seven oh one, but again professions radio nostalgia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, eighty seven on one is still a note skip classic to me though, But yes, do we want to start or don't know trivia questions?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, Lle, we have some questions to see how much ball we don't know, But we also have some questions for you to see how much music even though I mean, Lle, she's fucking she's shop all the way around. I don't know if we're gonna be able to yeahoth categories. This is gonna be pretty bad for us, But we have some questions for you. So we're gonna ask you a question, you'll answer, and then you'll ask us a question about Ball to see exactly how much Rory and Maul.
Speaker 3: Do not know about Ball.
Speaker 2: So the first question l before the stage name he has now Anderson Pac released two albums under the alias of A Breeze love Joy, b Obe C Brandon Anderson or d Oasis.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I don't know this one, I'll I wouldn't. No, I only know him as Anderson?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 4: Answer is A Breezy love Joy? Wow?
Speaker 1: That actually feels Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Not like the name of the next album.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite Anderson back album?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Venice, Okay, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: The great album.
Speaker 4: What'd you think about the Silk Sonic Project? I loved it.
Speaker 1: I actually saw them live in Vegas and I dropped several bags to go see it. I was a little pissed at first, and then I was pissed when they told me to put my phone away, And by the end of it, I was like, this was the I've just never seen anybody sing and perform their heart out like that for two and a hour half straight hours like it was. I was into it.
Speaker 6: We can we can cut this if your agent gets upset. Who do you think did more cocaine in the studio Bruno Mars or Anderson pac during the making of that project.
Speaker 1: Bruno, for sure. I didn't I feel like you.
Speaker 4: Are selling Anders short on his cocaine ability.
Speaker 3: No, I think she knows Bruno's cocaine.
Speaker 2: What does he have high.
Speaker 1: More about Bruno's.
Speaker 2: Yeah she no, No, you could look at Bruno and just tell like now he probably just you.
Speaker 4: Know, that project was not for the love of soul music. It was for the love of coke.
Speaker 6: That's not the same coke dealer. Yeah, but that's you know, music in cocohen and that's their an R. You know how that is all right, so you can ask us.
Speaker 1: All right, here's your question. In twenty twenty four, Caitlin Clark became the all time leading score in NCAA women's basketball history. Whose record did she break? Was it a Don Staley, b Kelsey Plumb, Ce, Candice Parker or de Maya Moore? This is a sneaky one.
Speaker 4: Uh shit, I'm a work seems too obvious.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go d Maya Moore.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna steal Mall's answer. I'm gonna go d as well. We'll be wrong together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the answer is actually Kelsey.
Speaker 4: Plumb really never got Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was at Washington and she got a whole lot of points.
Speaker 6: Like she was.
Speaker 1: She was up there racking up points. Yep.
Speaker 3: Wow, go Kelsey. I didn't know that as well. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: Our second question, what Gucci Man feature performed the best on the Billboard Hot one hundred. Was it a Party, B Steady Movin C, Black Beatles or d wake Up in the Sky?
Speaker 1: Oh? I love that song. By the way, whenever people ask me what my walk up song would be if I was a baseball player, I say that even though it's about waking up stoned, I suppose, if you know me, is pretty appropriate. Coo. I don't know. I feel like it's probably some maybe because Gucci, like Gucci's my guy, by the way, I love Gucci, but his music is not that mainstream, so I'll say because it was with Bruno Mars, maybe wake Up in the Sky.
Speaker 6: No, it was see Black Beatles. Really Yeah, that one actually shocked me as well. Did you watch the GZ and Gucci Man versus during of.
Speaker 1: Course I did, and again like I love Gez, like I dropped a GZ reference at the final four. I love Gez, but I am a I'm like a Gucci girl, like I like I'm a dog is like one of my favorite songs of all time. I'm a treat to like a dog. I'm a come on man. And so I'm maybe the only person that thought he won.
Speaker 3: Smoke.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, let's go Gucci, come on man, We're definitely one.
Speaker 6: Ignorant New Yorkers. I was watching that, like, why is this a matchup? Like why would anyone even think that Gucci?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was more so concerned that the security concerns in the buildings, like why would they have these two gentlemen so close on the stage to each other?
Speaker 3: Like I just didn't think that was a safe thing to do.
Speaker 4: But the matchup goes much deeper than music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was much deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some there's some real animals over there. But I'm always gonna ride.
Speaker 4: With Do you do you think, in fact, Gucci is a clone?
Speaker 1: Is that a rumor that he's a clone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: When he got out of jail, he looked like a completely different human being, Like the before and after looked like some telemarketer.
Speaker 2: Well that's what happens when you're locked up and you have you on the strict diet.
Speaker 4: Of you know you thank you, you got nothing to do all you're doing in federal prison.
Speaker 3: No, but when you stop eating all the bullshit, your skin kind of you know.
Speaker 2: Jail is where you're start eating healthy, a little little healthier, little healthier and jury.
Speaker 1: You're not drinking, you're not smoking, you're not late night snacking. I mean, you know these artists are in the studio late, they're eating meals at three am. Like all he did was work out. I listen. I knew Gucci before and after. I remember when you would talk to Gucci and he would rub that big fat Santa belly. I believe that he's not a clone at all.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The teeth sometimes I'm like, bro, we need to scale that down a little bit, like that is not a natural shade of teeth.
Speaker 4: He definitely got the excels for sure, got the mediums. It's on you, right, all right.
Speaker 1: My question, which w NBA superstar holds the record with two other teammates for the most n c A A Championships won by a player. Is it a Sabrinian Escu, b Cheryl Miller, cee Asia Wilson or de Brianna Stewart what was B again B with Cheryl Miller. I'm going to give you a hint. This person literally won four national championships in a row. Four.
Speaker 3: It has to be b Stuart.
Speaker 1: No, is that your answer?
Speaker 3: I'm going Brianna Stewart.
Speaker 4: I'm going Brianna too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got it in your face. Them all was right when he said it. So yeah, that was not going to be.
Speaker 2: That's that's you, because that sounds like you can even though Cheryl, what Cheryl was doing was absolutely just you know, that was insane. I saw a clip of her talking about when she came home and Reggie had had a good game. I think he had like thirty six or thirty eight, and so he was kind of hype coming home. And that was the day that Cheryl had one hundred and something and he was he came in and she was, Yeah, she came and came in and he was hyping. Cheryl was already home, sitting there and he's like, yo, so what's up?
Speaker 3: What did you do today?
Speaker 2: He was like, at that point, I think she had a sixty point game, already had a seventy. She was throwing out some numbers that I was like, she's casually saying, yeah, I had sixty before, I had seventy before.
Speaker 3: And so Reggie was sitting there like, so, what did you do today? She was like, you know, one hundred? And he was like what did he just see you through? A fit?
Speaker 2: Got mad, got upset, told his mom I can't beat her. I'm not better than her. I thought that that was crazy to see, Like, first of all, the Millers are legendary, but you forget about exactly how dominant Cheryl Miller was when she played basketball. And obviously Reggie is a legend too, but by far, Cheryl Miller is the better.
Speaker 3: Is the better of the siblings?
Speaker 4: No sense?
Speaker 1: She got two titles but not four?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Crazy?
Speaker 6: How many number one singles does Usher have? Is it A seven, B nine, C eleven or D.
Speaker 1: Thirteen number one singles? I'll go nine?
Speaker 4: You are correct, right? Answer is B nine?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 4: One for three?
Speaker 1: User baby? All right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: So one more? Yep, you got one more? Which this is hard? This is I'm gonna, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get this right.
Speaker 1: Which w NBA franchise has the most title appearances? Is it A The New York Liberty, B the Los Angeles Sparks. See the Minnesota Lynx or d the Phoenix Mercury.
Speaker 4: I'm going b Sparks.
Speaker 3: Nah, it's not the it's not the Sparks. I'm going.
Speaker 4: If it's a Phoenix, I quit.
Speaker 2: I feel like Diana Tarassi been there a lot. I'm going Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me get your you're both wrong. Let me give you a hint. It's a team from the finals a season ago. So that that's two of the that's A and C on here. It's either the Liberty or the Links.
Speaker 4: Well, the Liberty won last year, right, so it's the Links then, yeah, the Links.
Speaker 3: Maya Moore? Was that Maya that was getting all the time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yep, yeah, were one to three as well.
Speaker 2: Look, we said we don't know ball, like we told you that before you called in, Like, we said, we don't know ball.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I said on New Music and I got the same score as you. So there you go.
Speaker 2: That's how we broke even. We broke even, Stevens. It's all good. We want to thank you for joining us. Good luck with everything that you're doing. We appreciate everything you're doing. You Andrea and Shaney, y'all absolutely killing it. It's a pleasure watching you ladies, uh you know, talk about sports and have fun at the same time.
Speaker 3: And we appreciate you kicking with us today.
Speaker 4: And thank you for the well time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and tell your husband we said peace. Thanks for the support and we'll talk.
Speaker 1: You just did. He's gonna listen.
Speaker 3: We appreciate that. L. Thank you. That's L. Duncan for Rory and Maul. Don't know ball, no Willian now