Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Therapy Gecko Podcast. I am Lyle, I am a gecko. I am in New York City in a park. Today is what day is today? Does anyone know what day it is? Today? Is August something, and it's something. It's sometime in the afternoon. It doesn't matter. The time is now. It will never be August. What day is today? Today's August twenty fifth. It will never be August twenty fifth, twenty twenty five ever again. And that is why I have come to the park to be a gecko and talk to people about life. This is what I'm gonna do with my time alive on the earth. This is how I'm spending the one August twenty fifth, twenty twenty five that I get and by God is in an honor. So let's talk to some people at the park about life. It'll be fun, great, sick. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Hi. What's your name?
Speaker 3: I'm Sid, Sid.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: What's going on, Sid? How's life?
Speaker 3: Life is pretty good? Just moved into NYU.
Speaker 2: Oh very nice. What are you studying.
Speaker 3: I'm studying recorded me.
Speaker 2: You're studying recorded music?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is the opposite of studying music production. This is the music has been recorded and now we're gonna study it.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of everything. It's the school for like just an overarching music education. So it's production, it's songwriting, it's the business, it's it's a little school inside of this. It's a very small program, but it's just it's a school of recorded music.
Speaker 2: So basically, what are your dreams for the future. Is it to record music or to recorded music?
Speaker 3: Well, I'd like to be an artist, a singer, a performer, and I record my own music already. But yeah, my dream is to be a touring artist.
Speaker 2: I uh, you use to be a touring artist?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Very nice, very cool. What do you make music about?
Speaker 6: Do you sing?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I sing, So singing is my main thing. My music is just a lot about my personal experiences and personal things that have happened in my life because I just I like to make music to try to make music relates to people as best as I can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what uh I mean? For whatever?
Speaker 6: For whatever?
Speaker 1: You want to talk about what happened? What what's happened in your life?
Speaker 3: Well, I've had some interesting relationships with people, just friendships, not friendships, and I write about them, and I write about the good things and the bad things and high school, which is, you know, an experience for everybody.
Speaker 1: Do you talk so you go like Taylor Swift mode a little bit? Okay, a little bit?
Speaker 2: And how old are you?
Speaker 1: I'm seventeen, You're seventeen? Yes, Oh, so you're still in high school?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I'm in college.
Speaker 2: Okay. Did you graduate a year early?
Speaker 3: No, just just a little, a little delayed, about to turn eighteen?
Speaker 2: Okay? So what?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Who are who?
Speaker 2: Were like the artists that you like?
Speaker 3: Well, my favorite of all time is Billie Eilish, Okay, obsessed with her?
Speaker 2: She's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm very like singer songwriter. So I don't know if you know like Lizzie Mcallpin. She's beautiful voice. I love her, saw her in concert, pretty great.
Speaker 1: I don't I feel anyone that you know, I almost guarantee I don't know. I know Billy, I don't know Billie Eilish is who do I listen to? I search Royalty free jazz music on YouTube and I listened to whatever that is. It's probably AI generated, Honestly, it's good. I don't know like the names of people, Okay, fair fair, But I mean that's cool. So do you like post music on the internet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I.
Speaker 3: Have three songs out right now, and I have a new one and it's coming on September nineteenth, and that's like on Spotify and anything you want to stream it on. And then I'm pretty active on TikTok as well, and I post like a lot of covers and just like my music and stuff and just kind of share everything about my life.
Speaker 1: So it's it's August, like, I see you have barely even been in school yet you just moved in two days, are you How do you Are you nervous?
Speaker 2: Are you excited? How do you feel both?
Speaker 3: I'm definitely nervous. I'm from the city as well, so it's a less of a big change for me as it is for other people.
Speaker 1: For you grew up in New York. What was that like going to high school in New York? Because it's are there any there's no TV? All the TV shows about like teens in high school they all take place in Los Angeles, Like, there's none, none of them are there's no like high school shows that are in New York?
Speaker 2: Are they think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: So, what's that experience like?
Speaker 3: It's definitely a little bit crazy. I high school was it was an experience, so I was definitely ready for college for sure. I mean it's kind of all I've ever known because I've just grown up in the city. And when I was younger, I did not like the city. But as I got to high school and stuff, I got a lot more independence and I went out with people and went out with friends and stuff, and so I definitely grew to like this, like love the city in high school because there was a lot more independence than my friends in the suburbs who are just getting their driver's license and I can't drive.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: It would be a waste of time for you to learn how to drive in New York. Yeah, so is your I guess. So you went to high school like what, you went high school in Manhattan? Yeah, holy shit? Okay, and then you're going to college in Manhattan. So your life is not going to be that much different.
Speaker 3: No, But I mean it is different in a way because I'm doing what I like want to. I mean, I wanted to do music forever and so now I'm actually I get to go to school for it. And six out of seven of my classes are music classes, and I have a writing class that I have to take.
Speaker 1: It's exciting. Yeah, that's exciting. Okay, I guess uh hmm. I'm trying to think if I have any questions for you about life. Well, and you're here with your two homies.
Speaker 3: Yes, one is my roommate.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you guys just meet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we had been texting a little bit, but we did just meet.
Speaker 2: Are you getting along well?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I love her. It's a great match.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And another one is my sister.
Speaker 2: Do you sister get along well?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, biggest supporter, promoter. She helps me hang these flyers all around the city. You might you might see them if you're walking around today. They say looking for fans of my music. And so they're like, oh, they're a play on the guy that put the posters all around, who is like looking for the perfect woman.
Speaker 1: And I actually think I have seen I actually I actually have seen that. No, are they they have like the little tear off shit right looking for fans. Yeah, it's kind of it's like a play on like a dating profile.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I've seen that. Okay, I've seen I haven't seen the looking I've seen your thing. I haven't seen looking for a perfect woman? Is there only that's you? I feel there's not like another person. I actually it's funny, I actually have seen that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, all right, cool?
Speaker 1: I have people like found you through that? How long have you been putting those up? Because I feel like I saw that like a month ago, a couple of months probably, Oh okay, all right, so.
Speaker 2: You've been putting them out for a while. Yeah. Have you had people like message you being like I found you through that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have a bunch of like Instagram and TikTok comments being like, oh, like I found your poster in Chelsea and Washington Square Park, Like, so glad I found your music.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool, very exciting stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope that your musical journey is successful.
Speaker 2: I hope you don't.
Speaker 1: I hope you don't get jaded by the world. I hope you continue to love life. And uh, that's all I can really hope for you. I think you're gonna I think you're gonna do great, dude. I mean you're gonna live amazing life. And you know, I mean, someone's gotta make someone's got to write songs about stuff.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want to listen to my music, my name is Sid Sid Hudson And yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Marker, thank you. I'll see you around the universe by Sid.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name? My name is Drew because you want to hold the microphone? Sure, my name is Drew.
Speaker 2: How's life going, Drew?
Speaker 6: It's going good.
Speaker 9: I actually drew some celebrities, okay, Seth Rogen and like Bill Murray and like Elton.
Speaker 2: John You drew Bill Murray and Elton I give an ar piece and everything. Oh okay, how did you get involved in doing this?
Speaker 9: I just like met them, like you know, just like bumped into them and like just like drew them, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like how did you bump into the can I actually just hold the mic?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but yeah, I just bump into them, like I just like like randomly and I just like find some like I just like see them and they're like, you know, I say hi and everything, and like I asked them to ask them to draw them.
Speaker 6: And then I draw them and then take the arpiece.
Speaker 2: Now where did you bump into Seth Rogan?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: So yeah, oh, okay, and you and you were just like you just drew them and you gave him the thing.
Speaker 2: That's cool. How many celebrities have you bumped into?
Speaker 6: Ten?
Speaker 2: Ten?
Speaker 4: Ten?
Speaker 6: And I also bumped into a you ten bumped into twelve?
Speaker 9: So I also saw Pamela Anderson like twice okay, she was jogging. And also saw Nicki Minaj. She was like really nice where like yeah, she was like she was she was like a surprisingly really nice person.
Speaker 2: How do you how do you randomly bump into these celebrities?
Speaker 9: I don't know, I just like I just come across them. I guess it's like they're just walking and like, I don't know, it's kind of strange.
Speaker 6: It's like I just kind of.
Speaker 9: Like seem to like know where the like vibrancy or like the where the like the really popping places are or something.
Speaker 2: Maybe Okay, are you like a cool guy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I guess like I do hang around or like like places where it's they do?
Speaker 6: They do like play a lot of music and stuff.
Speaker 2: Are you are you? Like? Are you are you? How hard are you trying to gate keep this?
Speaker 1: Like? Would you like where would you tell us where all the cool people hang out? Or like is it bad if you spot where do the cool people hang out these days? You're here?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah one of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see who's the who? Uh?
Speaker 6: Who are who are?
Speaker 2: Name all ten of the celebrities?
Speaker 9: Okay, so Els and John Bill Murray, the guy from seth Rogen, the guy from uh Pineaple Express, Cecil Gilly.
Speaker 1: Hall, Cecial, Jill and Home Jake Jillenhomes Yeah okay.
Speaker 9: Also the guy from from uh Silicon Valley, Silicon Valley, the TV show What Camell Come Camel, Yeah, come yeah camell.
Speaker 6: And I also Drew like a really famous artist. Uh.
Speaker 9: His name is Julian Schnabo. His artwork goes for like ten million dollars in auction. I drew him here, so that's like six. But I can't remember.
Speaker 6: The other one was.
Speaker 1: Like that's okay, it's like you know what, I honestly the fuck all the fun all those people?
Speaker 6: Who are you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Drew? Drew probably said that before, but I remember. So how'd you get into drawing?
Speaker 9: I just like I liked I was like drawing and everything, Like I like studied like how to like like drawing outside of like play, like opera and like all the arts and everything and everything, and I like drawing a lot because it helped.
Speaker 6: Me like get out of like a lot of like.
Speaker 9: Like I was always that quiet kid in the room like just like drawing by myself and everything, and like I was like drawing people and like making drawings and showing people, and people would always be excited about like what I show them and everything, and I always had like a I would like uh like just saying Japanese style, like I would just like draw anime or like represent anime in like my own way.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 9: Like basically what I do is like I just draw people as anime characters.
Speaker 2: Well you drew all those people's anime characters, draw people as anime? Would you draw me as an anime character? OK?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's awesome? Wait why what what attracts you to the anime style?
Speaker 9: It just looks cool, Like I like it's quick and easy and like it looks cool to look at.
Speaker 2: So do you do you watch a lot of anime?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's favorite anime?
Speaker 6: Damn?
Speaker 9: I feel like my favorite anime is uh like start Out Online or something or like.
Speaker 2: Do you ever imagine?
Speaker 1: Like? Oh, I like, do you ever sit around Neon Genesis seven. Do you ever imagine, like, oh, what if my life was an anime?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but like I don't know, like I mean, I guess, like no, but like it's the same school, like how it looks No, you.
Speaker 2: Never you never get lost in escapist fantasy.
Speaker 9: I mean I guess, like I see, I can kind of see how it can be similar to life, but it seems like anime.
Speaker 6: Seems like I I watched a lot.
Speaker 9: Of like anime with like like you know, I watched like.
Speaker 6: Like high School to Dad and like house Club and Ship.
Speaker 9: So I watched animate within a lot of like like like school related Yeah, well a lot of them to watch, Like I also play like Dona Rampa the video games. So I watched such school because I taught high schoolers how to chol cool high school to how to draw for like a year.
Speaker 6: Cool, And like I feel like school is where.
Speaker 9: Like a lot of stuff, like I learned to like really like it's where I learned to really home myself myself as like an artist. So I like school oriented things like yeah, I like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like well there's there's it's you know, there's something very nostalgic about that time.
Speaker 2: Yes, so elegist, you know, like you're you're, you're.
Speaker 1: It's a weirdly paradoxically care free yet stressful time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Being in high school, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, I mean ship the lady who was just here, she was, she was she just graduate high school. She was talking about, you know, all of my life experiences, and I was like, in my head, I was like, how much life experience can you have? But then I remember, I'm like, yeah, I get when you're in high school, you still are stressed out about things. You get older and you realize, well, I was gonna say, you get older and you realize it didn't matter.
Speaker 9: Like video games like I used to play, like like like Japanese video games, okay, like like Pokemon.
Speaker 2: And like, yeah, I know Pokemon, Like that's cool.
Speaker 6: I like.
Speaker 9: I also like the Digimon animes and Pokemon animes.
Speaker 2: Those those are those are like the best I feel I was gonna. I was gonna say, you get older and you're and you're like.
Speaker 9: I feel like those are the top three Pokemon Digimon Like.
Speaker 1: You get older and you're like, oh that stuff didn't matter, but everything matter, well nothing really matters.
Speaker 2: Everything only matters relative.
Speaker 10: To what to what's how you feel and in the moment, yeah, and like how you express yourself right right, So even if it felt like it didn't matter, of course it doesn't matter fucking now, But it mattered then.
Speaker 1: I mean, nothing that matters now. It's gonna matter later anyways. But uh, what matters to you these days? What matters to you right now?
Speaker 9: Like our and like like I feel like celebrity culture and also like like.
Speaker 6: Anime. It's our anime celebrity culture.
Speaker 2: Why does tell me why celebrity culture?
Speaker 6: I like like.
Speaker 9: Movies and ship and like TV shows like Friends and like Big Bang Theory. It just seems like cool to like to to watch those shows and like and it's like hilarious and just like it's is. It's just cool to watch, you know what I mean? And to like and the people who are like like actors and everything work for the show are like really cool.
Speaker 2: Is there a celebrity?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're clearly very you like celebrities, like bumping into celebrities. Yeah, Well, is there a celebrity that you want to draw more than anyone else? Who's the number one who would be the number one get for you?
Speaker 9: I mean, I guess like either like Beyonce or like Share or something like jay Z.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What do you think it's like to be Beyonce? Like you ever thought about that?
Speaker 6: I don't know, Like she must have like a really nice life.
Speaker 9: I guess like it's yeah, she seems nice, like she sings really well, so like obviously, like do.
Speaker 6: You think anything?
Speaker 2: Do you think anything? Like what do you think sucks the most about being Beyonce?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 2: You think this is something? Yeah, there's something's gotta talk about being up.
Speaker 9: Up to one point, like up to a certain point, like like it's like nothing really bothers you. But like I feel like maybe she's like really like I don't know, like she seems like a normal person. I feel like they're just normal.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I feel like celebrities are like more normal than like people sometimes like not people up did there are more people normal than people And it's like I mean that's not weird in itself, But I don't know, I don't know. I guess like yeah, like but like I guess I celebrities do have like certain like interesting personalities. Like I remember like Elton John when I drew him, like he was like like I drew him and then he was like, oh, you messed up, and he was like, oh, it's okay. He was like nice about it. He was disappointed, but nice about it.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, he just you. He was like, you messed up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, right again?
Speaker 2: How can you messed up? In what way?
Speaker 9: I don't like the drawing that come out right? So but I dream again and he took it. He was the right way it too, and like I draw, I drew the drawing. He took the drawing and like yeah, he went just like a really fancy card, like he.
Speaker 1: Was sorry, there's a gentleman over here carrying a wet wanna and I'm it's distracting me a little bit. This is one of the most stimulating place. This is among the most stimulating places in New York City. So, uh, actually, I would love to Actually, I would love to take you up on this drawing.
Speaker 2: Is it cool?
Speaker 1: Can I can I interview someone while you're drawing? Or do you want to draw while we talk?
Speaker 9: I mean, I guess I could draw later, but I guess like it was cool, Like I don't know, I guess like it was cool talking, like you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I saw I'll saw your show. And stuff like it was cool.
Speaker 9: Like it was like when I was watching it, it was like I feel like it's like really like kid friendly too, and like I like, you know, like it's like cool, like because I draw kid friendly stuff too.
Speaker 1: Kind Oh I get I don't. It's absolutely not intended to be a kid.
Speaker 9: Friendly but it would be like that call like that like that like that like that knnot call of duties to call everyone nigger or some ship, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like why is you went from? But I guess like you went from hold on?
Speaker 2: Hold on? You said you said, my my show is both kid friendly.
Speaker 9: Everybody watching your watching your show when I was really young, about a lot younger and like like two years back or three years back, and like it was cool.
Speaker 6: So like I like watching your show. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I was watching it.
Speaker 6: I was like I was like, I was like stone this ship, and.
Speaker 1: I was Okay, So it's kid friendly, but it's friendly with the kind of kids who who yelled slur zone call of duty lobbies.
Speaker 6: Is what say?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm gonna I'm going to take that as I'm going to take that as a compliment from you. Yeah, I'll take that as a compliment from you.
Speaker 2: What's your what's your name again? I'm sorry, Drew.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and my video game.
Speaker 2: I like, I like that your name is you draw and your name is Drew.
Speaker 6: So Drew, Drew.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's stupid. Has anyone ever said that to you before? Okay, I'm glad. That's a stupid thing to say, But I'm nobody. Nobody's ever said that. Nobody never made the connection.
Speaker 6: Not really, I do not really maybe they maybe they think about it.
Speaker 2: But what was your childhood? Like did you have a nice childhood?
Speaker 6: I like traveled a lot.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go?
Speaker 9: I went to Europe a lot? And why I don't know, Like I studied there. Like I went to like, uh private school, and like would study there and like would like read like the best textbooks in the world and like just like really learn ship and I liked that experience, and like, I don't know, it's like almost like I still went to school, but I still would have done well with the school schooling I got when I was really young, because private school is like that good. And I feel like if you like went to private school for a long time, it would just be so much knowledge like somebody.
Speaker 6: Sometimes people say too much on it, but I don't know.
Speaker 9: I feel I feel like at least I went to private school, and maybe like.
Speaker 6: The amount of teaching I got, I was like just enough. But I don't know. I went to private school and I was really young.
Speaker 9: I liked I like to go in private school.
Speaker 1: Would yeah, would you say if are you do you think you have kids?
Speaker 6: One day, I'll put them in private school?
Speaker 2: You put them in private school?
Speaker 1: Really, I feel like I'm like, I'm pretty I went to private school for a few years. Yeah, but I think public public school is good, right, because you don't want to like you want you want your kids to be in the world, don't you word?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I.
Speaker 9: Wouldn't give them a lot of like like year school time or like yearly like like maybe like five years or something or ten.
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe ten. I don't know. It depends. I had like five.
Speaker 9: Years of like private school when I was really young, So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel that's a good mouth, but I don't know. This good question, Drew.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people, like a computer before we go?
Speaker 6: You're a really cool dude.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, Sure? You are too, man.
Speaker 9: You should people should keep watching a show thank you because it's like it's just hilarious and thanks watching one episode.
Speaker 2: But yeah, shit, thanks Ruey. I'll see okay, I'll see you later.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope you run into Lizzie McGuire or whatever. Yeah, I'll see you on the universe.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Lyle, Lyle.
Speaker 4: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: I just had to be a dick to those guys. Why you know, sometimes you got to be a dick.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, the selection here's well, okay, here's the thing, the selection processes. I mean, we're near NYU, So there's a lot of like.
Speaker 2: Like eighteen year old college students here. No, I don't.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of like eighteen year college students. And also that happens to be a demographic of people who I think have seen my show on TikTok. But I don't want to just interview eighteen year old college students. So and I also don't want to interview people who really want to be on. I want I want someone to begrudgingly be I want to someone who's like I don't know, if I really want to, and then they come to be on that, and then then we get you know, people who always people who want to really want to be on the show generally don't have a lot of set to say.
Speaker 2: I guess I really don't have.
Speaker 4: A lot to say. Is there anything you want to talk about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 2: What's your name? Nor Lyle? Nice to meet you. Okay, so you're not a college student.
Speaker 6: Who are you?
Speaker 2: What do you do? Why'd you drop out?
Speaker 4: Fuck? Fordham University? I'm joking. I'm joking. I did go to Fordham for a little It was just too expensive.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good reason. Wait, nor can you hold the microphone like?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay, So how was dropping out?
Speaker 4: It was pretty chill, you know, dropped out. I'm going back to school now, going around to community college.
Speaker 2: So okay, how's community calls going?
Speaker 4: I've been started. I don't know. Man, I'm kind of scared.
Speaker 2: Why you're scared? Tell me why? What's you're scared of?
Speaker 4: Because low ki covid funched me over. I was so used to like online school, and this is like my first time in a hot minute, going back in person.
Speaker 2: Really, it's been fun years man, dude, I.
Speaker 4: Was like kind of in school towards out of high school, but like like it wasn't like really, I don't know. I just got really used online.
Speaker 2: This is your first time going. What have you been doing for the past five years?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 4: Literally fucking around? Can I say this on the show?
Speaker 2: Can I say? You say whatever you want?
Speaker 4: I've been on a bender for the past month.
Speaker 2: I've been on a bender kind of bender.
Speaker 4: Literally, I just be going out any club in Bushwick I'm there probably unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Okay, why.
Speaker 6: How old are you?
Speaker 4: Twenty one?
Speaker 2: Okay? Do you have do you have children?
Speaker 4: I take care of children.
Speaker 2: Actually that's yeah, that's different though, do you have are do you? Are you responsible to anyone in any way, shape or form?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 4: All right, my bunny?
Speaker 1: But ap okay, all right, so you don't have any living thing that requires you to be all right?
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is a living thing. But great, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, going on benders, I think there's a Look, here's the thing. We all have it in us, right, and we got we all gotta get it out right, and I better to get it out now when you nobody gives this shit exactly like you know. Look, if you were forty five and you had two kids and they were starving and you were out at the club, that'd q that'd be a little questionable.
Speaker 2: But you're fine. Who cares go get drunk, Go live your life.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't you know there's a balance right because you want to you don't want to get drunk and live your life too much and then you realize you never did anything with it.
Speaker 4: Get out the way now when I'm like twenty one and.
Speaker 2: Have it like in me, how have the vendor's been going? You having fun?
Speaker 4: I've been having a lot of fun. Yeah, okay, yeah, I'm about a drink. I actually just smoked before this. Okay, get on here.
Speaker 2: But it's not illegal. I don't think nah, I don't think it's legal.
Speaker 4: This guy over here, I'm here with this guy from Amsterdam.
Speaker 2: Honest, Oh he looks a little Dutch. How do you know this Dutch guy?
Speaker 4: That's how we know each other? Uh tinder so close hinge We met on Hinge. Okay, I this is our first time meeting. We've been talking for like, oh.
Speaker 2: This is his first time meeting like so long.
Speaker 4: This is our first time meeting.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want to come up? Do you want to talk?
Speaker 4: Come here? Come here?
Speaker 2: You don't want to you have a come up? Is you? I mean you know, if you don't have to, you don't want to. I don't guys.
Speaker 4: This is what his name is?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 6: Glue?
Speaker 2: Glue?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess. Really funny, hold on, I'm gonna guess. His name is Dufinlage.
Speaker 2: What what is it?
Speaker 4: It's tunis Lute. His first name, tunis Loute.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 1: You can make fun of Europeans because they've been Dick's for all of history. You can make fun of Americans and Europeans because they've all they've just been assholes for the whole time.
Speaker 4: Nah, i'd be saying, I don't know what you're saying. You hang it in at Urgan. So that's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love you too, man, Thank you very much. What okay, wait, wait, what's his name again? Tunis Lute? Tunis lute? That's cool. Do you get free healthcare? He gets free healthcare. We can make fun of him.
Speaker 4: You don't get free healthcare in the Netherlands.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to. If you don't want to talk on the microphone. I can't. He can't here, hold on, I'll talk. I'll just talk to you. If he's not gonna talk on the microphone, I don't want to talk to.
Speaker 4: Him, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I do want. I want to talk to you.
Speaker 1: But if he doesn't want to talk, but you're you're like, it's like talking to a ghost right now. If I'm talking to you and you're over there and I can't, it's okay, it's all right. I'll talk to you. Nor I'll talk to I'll okay, So nor out of the question. Toutis lose out of the question. Okay, So you met this Amsterdami and man, Yeah, I'm hinge, right, Okay, how's hinge going for you?
Speaker 4: I'm actually two weeks two months sober off hinge.
Speaker 1: But so are you? Okuys you met this guy first on hinge. You guys were texting for a while. Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I'm a hingebop. I can't lie I'm a hingebop.
Speaker 2: What's a hingebop?
Speaker 4: I'm just using hinge too much? Like why am I on hinge so much?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: That's okay? I use I use Hinge a lot too, dude.
Speaker 4: It's it's dangerous. You get on there and then like you just start talking all these like I used to be an amagal kid. I used to be one of the Yeah, so this is like a megal but like low key, like attracted people and like consentually seeing dick you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, but okay, yeah, how are you?
Speaker 2: Are you enjoying the hinge life?
Speaker 4: I'm not enjoying hinge. That's why I deleted it.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, How's how has it been?
Speaker 4: Thoughts on hinge?
Speaker 2: Sorry the crowd?
Speaker 1: Hold wait, we're we're having a conversation. I can't talk to that. I can't talk to them. They're not I only have I only have two microphones. Okay, okay, hold on, So.
Speaker 4: Give me your thoughts on hinge. Like, I know you use it, but like, what are your thoughts? Like I feel like it's a scam.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of thoughts on hinge. One is I think hinge has changed? First of all, as I use Hinge, I'm fully realizing and understanding that it is.
Speaker 2: Hey, there's pros and constant hinge.
Speaker 1: One of the cons is that as I'm using it and the longer I use it, the more I'm like, this is doing something irreversibly damaging to my brain.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, it's.
Speaker 4: Like the validation and then like low key, this is so on a pocket not every Okay, no one's ugly. They're just not my type, right, but i'd be getting the craziest people liking my hands when I'm like dog, like i think I'm chopped, Like.
Speaker 2: Well no, well, well okay, so there's.
Speaker 4: Subjectively but like still I'm like dog, I think this is a scam, and I think they're trying to get you to pay for Hinge premium.
Speaker 2: Of course, they're trying to get you to pay for Hinge previous.
Speaker 4: Look that, bro, I'm gonna go out to the bar and find my husband. Like that's what I'm gonna do, Well, Hinge exactly, That's what I'm gonna That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: But also also people dog pusing, people dog on dating apps, and there's good reasons why people dog today. But like everything every part of life, every every era of life, like okay, the nineteen hundreds, right you or like whatever, like when when we lived in villages, It's like, okay, we used to live in I'm talking completely out of my asshole right now. But we used to It used to be you, they're was it. There was another girl in the village or another boy in the village, and they were the only person that you had sex with forever, and then you died, And that has its pros and cons. Right, Okay, you know that has his pros and cons. And then there's hinge and you can have your infinite your perceived choice of an infinite amount of people to have sex with their date or get married too, and that has its pros and cons, so that there's no better or worse.
Speaker 4: Wait, like Swiss topics. So you see how we have all those options.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 4: That's why New York City is the worst fucking dating pool.
Speaker 1: Whycause but that's not an objectively bad or good thing.
Speaker 4: I think everyone is fucking situation shipts central. Right now, riddle me that weather boy, well, gecko boy, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say this again.
Speaker 4: Why do you think, like, no, it's situationship central. Well, it's like too hard to make a choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, but it depends on who you are, and it depends on what you value. Right, because there's something Let me ask you a question, because there's some people who are different. Well I'm not I mean, you can answer this specifically, but there's some people who they want a wide variety of connections throughout their life, and there's some people who want just one. And then you know, you get the opportunity to connect with people you would have never connected with before through these apps, I guess. And yes, there is a paradox of choice that it presents, and that's a legitimate paradox of choice. But you know, it's just a new thing that has its pros and cons, just like the old things had.
Speaker 4: But like, would you rather just like NonStop, like be talking to all these people wasting your energy and they're like you never find the right person because like it's just like everything is so unseerious and like there's so much short term gratification from those apps.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree with everything you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I agree that having an endless amount of choices and talking to another of people, I agree that it's emotionally taxing. But again it's pros and cons because think about like those think about like these old couples who hate each other. Do you have you ever met to parents are divorced Okay, your parents, did your parents when you your grub, did your parents like hate each other a little bit?
Speaker 2: Okay, so your your.
Speaker 1: Parents probably grew up without this paradox of choice. And so the people used to just get married to whoever was fucking around, right, so that had that was a pro There was pros to that. It was two people and there was no decision paralysis and they just had to fucking sit and make it work.
Speaker 2: And there's something really beautiful and amazing about that.
Speaker 1: But there's a sort of con of like, you know, all of a sudden, we're trapped in this thing that we got into because we was just the thing that was there. And so again, all these things they have pros and cons. So you now have the opportunity to sift through hundreds of different dudes to see which one is the one that you feel the most naturally aligned to, which is emotionally taxing but also is better than you just you know, being with the first guy that was around, and it was maybe not the right.
Speaker 4: These people and like you can break up whatever. But like what I liked about pre dating apps is like when you met someone, it was like I believe in the fact that like things are meant to be, so I feel like you were meant to meet that person. It's like destiny or whatever. So I don't know, i'd prefer that over Hinge and like Tinder like that. The options are nice, but that's my hot take.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe in something really no universe.
Speaker 4: I think I'm sitting here right now. I feel like the universe like why am I here? Like imagine if I came like a few hours later or a few hours earlier, I would to have been sitting here.
Speaker 1: I sure that somebody else would be and I'd be doing that and you'd be doing something else.
Speaker 4: True, but like it's like we're interacting right now, so it's like it means something, you know, Like I feel like we're.
Speaker 1: Meant to like it means whatever we want it to mean. There's no the universe has no laws. Okay, there's no judge jury of the universe. Right, you're the judge and jury in God of your own life, which means that you can derive meaning from whatever you choose to be and it's inherently valid because you're God.
Speaker 4: But I like co star decide that for me. I don't really do that deciding what coast You don't know what coastar?
Speaker 2: Wait? Astrology?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, it's probably a fucking scam, but I use that.
Speaker 2: Do you pay premium?
Speaker 4: No? I don't pay premium. I just like make it go along. I'm like, if I see something and it's like, oh, do it gives you like three dus three domes? Right?
Speaker 2: What are your three dues and three dots of the day.
Speaker 1: This is not an ad for coast Star, by the way, this is a completely random thing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Wait, my ex texted me. I haven't talked to him in two years.
Speaker 2: Wait your sex? You just now?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: I showed my should I read this? Okay, standard first generation? I don't even know what that means. Anyways, let's see what our thing is.
Speaker 2: Okay for today?
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, My co star for today is love is when a question mark feels more like a period. Oh dude, friend zone, borrowed items, hold hands, don't hot takes nitpicks?
Speaker 2: Wait, I said, wait, let me look at this again. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, Okay, so the okay, So this is cost Star. This is not an ad, but co Star is like an astrology app. And what's your what's your sign?
Speaker 4: I'm a cancer?
Speaker 2: Okay? So this is so every cancer who has this app.
Speaker 4: Gets this, Yes, every cancer, but not technically every cancer. It goes based on like when you were born, what city you were born in?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you gave co Star all this shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, oh, you gave it your social Security number and it was like, here's what is going on with you?
Speaker 4: Don't I don't even realized I carried my social Security number on me up until like last week. It was in my wallet. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, all right, So I'm gonna let me read this, Okay. So love is when a question mark feels more like a period. Stop hunting for hitting meetings. In your partner's words, your suspicion is creating the very distance you fear.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 1: Okay, co Star, this is definitely written by Ai. Okay, So dudes, friend zone, borrowed items, holding hands, don't hot takes, nitpicks, strong sense, Okay do you So what do you do with this information?
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like it goes pretty accurately because I'm here with a guy from Hinge and we're friends now, so I feel like it's already going in the red direct.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy, this is the this is such a standard, polite European man, just standing there.
Speaker 4: So scared of me. He was like, I'm so scared to meet you. I don't want dude looking at your face right now?
Speaker 2: Is so? Why did he say he was scared of you?
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't he be scared of me?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't What reasons do you believe him?
Speaker 4: So many reasons? Why are you scared of me? Give me some reason.
Speaker 2: We can't talk to him.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to be talked to, and he doesn't have a microphone where I'm all, I can only learn about him vicariously through you. Why why what reasons have you given him to be scared of you?
Speaker 4: Probably because I'm like loud and crazy and I like, oh my god, I loke. He did block him for a month when I was in Norway, I got mad at him.
Speaker 2: Why did you get mad at him when you were in Norway?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Was he supposed to go? Were you supposed to go to Norway? I'm not gonna talk to you. Was he supposed to go to Norway?
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I guess he was supposed to go to Norway to visit you not to kind.
Speaker 4: Of it was like kind of you were gonna go to Oslo and then you bailed. But it's not.
Speaker 1: It's it's what's his name again, dude, that's like the name that's like the fucking that's like the kid from Willy Wonka.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's like an Augustus.
Speaker 4: Gloop, like you're talking to Like back in the day, they were like, you're talking to someone named Tunis Lupe. Please stand up.
Speaker 1: No, this guy is all. This guy is a great guy. I hope, I really hope you don't kill him.
Speaker 4: Am I gonna am I gonna kill you? No, he's I'm not gonna kill him confirmed, So I'm not gonna kill him.
Speaker 1: Guys, So, okay, So you've been going out to the club a lot. Is what's going on at the club.
Speaker 4: It's it's just really fun, dude, why not go to the club with you? You need to go to the club in this get up.
Speaker 2: I've done that.
Speaker 4: You would pull, you would pull.
Speaker 2: I've gone to the club in this get up.
Speaker 4: Dude. You gotta go to Bushwick. They would eat you up there.
Speaker 6: I don't know if.
Speaker 4: Bwick is like I it's not even like.
Speaker 2: With all the clubs.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've gone there once or twice, dude, yes, right house of Yes.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, you're thinking more so like near Jefferson. Right house of Yes. This is near Jefferson.
Speaker 2: H huh. I mean I'm not a big club guy. I don't like dance.
Speaker 4: I don't I've never really been a house of Yes. So it's like, I don't know if anyone here has.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, So what's what's your name again? Nor?
Speaker 2: Nor?
Speaker 6: Nor?
Speaker 2: So what's uh? What's the future look like for you?
Speaker 6: Nor?
Speaker 4: The future looks like for me. I'm gonna start school. I have to clean my room. I've been sleeping on a bed that's slanted like this Free Palestine. I don't know if I could be political on this, bitch, but yeah, what he said, Yeah, I'm gonna clean my room. Oh and then I'm going to Maine tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I forgot you forgot you were going to Maine tom Yeah, how do you forget a ticket?
Speaker 4: Like three days ago?
Speaker 2: What are you doing in Maine?
Speaker 4: My friend Georgia just moved there.
Speaker 2: Shout out Georgia, Shout out Georgia. Is he coming with? Is two for coming with? I don't know two for.
Speaker 4: Is not coming with I think I think Tunis is never gonna hang out with me again after this. He's probably really scared.
Speaker 2: I really, are you sure you don't?
Speaker 1: Can you tell what you talk afterwards?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right, wait nor wait nor can you hand the mic to Tunis?
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, this going to Tunis?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I have a seed, have a set, Okay, Tunisis, Tunis, nice to be you, Tunas.
Speaker 2: Sorry for making fun of your name.
Speaker 12: That's okay. Yeah, I need to get used to it a bit.
Speaker 1: I I I love Amsterdam. I've been there like three times, two shows. There's a great time. Shout up Boom. You ever been to Boom Chicago?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, I did a show there. It's a good time. Anyway, it gives a shit me. Okay, So what are you doing in America?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 12: I just moved there? Actually, Oh really, I was here in March.
Speaker 11: I auditioned to music school cool play drums cool, and now I'm going to city college here. Yeah that's why I'm here. So now I live here?
Speaker 2: What made you wanna?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Despite everything? You were like, yeah, I'll come to America.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a bit crazy, but uh, I come here, Like it's been a kind of in my head for a really long time because I studied jazz, I wanna and this is like the you know, the place for uh, for jazz music. It's the it's super nice New York. Yeah, so that's why I wanted to come here basically, And I don't know. I figured I just try and you cannot plan on yeah things sometimes.
Speaker 1: So so how does New York compare to Amsterdam?
Speaker 12: I mean Amsterdam is just totally different.
Speaker 11: I feel it's very like small compared to here, Like I bike everywhere, you know, like you can walk most places, like, I mean, the layout is more it's like a half circle, right, I mean, here's like straight lines most like up and down.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 2: So, so, what what happened in Norway?
Speaker 12: Nothing?
Speaker 11: I mean, so okay, I will tell my story.
Speaker 2: Yeah what happened?
Speaker 11: Well nothing because I was like, okay, So I came here in March and I had hinges and then basically I saw a picture she was in Sandum, which is my hometown, and I was like, whoa, you're why were you in Sandum because that's I just recognized the background. It's really random. I was like, wow, what we're in Sandom and then we met, but then she just came back from Amstem and I was just leaving back home basically, and then I mean we stayed in touch and you were like I want to go to Epstein, but I was like like I don't.
Speaker 12: Know like how to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah I was, and now I can't talk to you and everyone.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I was like, you know, like if I go to New York, we'll just have We'll just meet in New York.
Speaker 1: Like, so, wait, is you guys first time ever meeting? Yeah, how's it gone.
Speaker 11: Well, it's like it's been like like literally one minute and then we saw you.
Speaker 2: So it's like I'm severely interrupting this first meeting.
Speaker 12: We're more we're conversing through you now.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I see, yeah, I see, It's okay, Yeah, okay. Wait wait, so we just talked about me and Nora talked about here for a while, talking about your view on on Hinge.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's I don't know.
Speaker 11: I also haven't been on it for I guess since March kind of almost or like no, it's short, it's a bit.
Speaker 12: April or something, Okay, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's are you looking for love? Do you want to like get married and have children and stuff at some point?
Speaker 11: Yes, okay, but uh, I mean yeah I was on it and then it's like it didn't make me super happy. I mean, you meet people like I wouldn't have met you, Like I met a lot of people just through Hinge.
Speaker 12: But like it doesn't mean like it's what you make of it.
Speaker 11: I feel, what gives meaning to a relation, Like you can just be friends or you can I mean, maybe you like someone and you will Like it's just facilitating, but it's also a bit manipulative in the way it's made because it's still like like, yeah, someone is making money off of is monetizing off of this platform, right, So I feel inherently it's a bit like you shouldn't trust it always, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: I see, yeah, but people have been monetizing this stuff forever, right, I mean I don't know, Like what about those guys who come up to you at the park and they're like a rose for the lady, you know, like people do that, and like it's actually it's very funny because on Hinge you can buy roses, right, and it prompts you. It says, do you want to buy a rose? And there are places where you go like like this is in a lot of like parks in Europe, right, there's like dudes handing out.
Speaker 6: They're like dudes.
Speaker 1: They'll go up to like a couple and they'll be like a rose for the lady and they're like in real life, try to.
Speaker 2: Get yeah around to buy a rose. So you know, it's nothing new.
Speaker 11: You can flip it like it's yeah, in a way, it's this is similar. But I feel because I don't know, I don't really have a strong up.
Speaker 12: I feel you used to do whatever you want.
Speaker 11: Basically like if you feel good with hinge, you should use it. Like but also it's very it can be addictive, you know, Like that's for me, Like that was why it was better to just not use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it can it can be, yeah, like.
Speaker 12: It has many sides. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So are you guys gonna go out to the club?
Speaker 6: Are you club?
Speaker 12: I'm not like a club person, to be honest, Like.
Speaker 2: You're not a club guy?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you ever been.
Speaker 2: To uh Paradise so that.
Speaker 12: Was called so yeah, yeah, yeah I've been there. Yeah that's nice.
Speaker 1: That's where I did mdm A for the very first time there really. Yeah, like seven years ago you.
Speaker 12: Were there in the crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was there for the Amsterdam Dance event like seven years ago. Yeah, that was a that was a crazy night of my life.
Speaker 12: That was a fun time.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 11: Man is really nice. Yeah, it's I mean, yeah, it's really nice. Everything is kind of close, like you're in PARADISEA. You can go to lights, lights supply, you know, it's like where the clubs other clubs are like you can go out.
Speaker 12: It's really nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what should uh? What?
Speaker 6: What do you?
Speaker 2: Uh? What do you what's better about America than Europe? Let us let us have something?
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know yet because I just I arrived Saturday. I mean I'm here for the music, like for jazz music.
Speaker 1: Have you there's a lot of really great jazz artists playing in the park all the time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I haven't. I mean, I just I haven't seen it here. But I saw a guy playing the sexophone.
Speaker 2: Well listen, I don't want.
Speaker 1: I don't wanna. I'm gonna. I don't wanna. I don't wanna. Keep you guys waiting, is there? What's your name? In Tunis yea, Tunis, is there anything else you gonna say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: No, h.
Speaker 12: Like, well, it's it's cool, like it's crazy meeting you. Actually, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Crazy meat. Wait have you seen my show before? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Cool like Instagram or something. Okay, cool, Yeah you're talking to Mark Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He did a show over in parody, so I think.
Speaker 12: Really, wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I was in Japan one time and I went up the elevator from Sheba station and then he was.
Speaker 12: There calling someone.
Speaker 11: It's crazy, literally, so random, and then I think I discovered him at the same time as you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm happy that we could you and I could finally cross paths from the Internet into real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, well, thank you to Tunis.
Speaker 1: Tunis, Nora, you want, you want anything else you want to say to the people?
Speaker 4: I'm so hungry and Lilah's super awesome.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, Norah. Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: You guys have a good rest of you guys, have a good rest of your lives. Bye Nora, Bye, Tunis. I'll see you guys around the universe.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Bye Tunis. Bye, guys. Have a seat what's your name? I'm Sarah, Sarah.
Speaker 2: My name is Lyle, So Sarah. Yeah, what's up the sky?
Speaker 6: You know, how's life?
Speaker 7: I just moved here last week? So yeah, no, it's been pretty hectic.
Speaker 2: What made you want to move to New York for college? Okayeah?
Speaker 13: You know the basic art school experience?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: So yeah, how what do you make art about?
Speaker 7: I mean, honestly, whatever makes money? Like I do like design, so like, yeah, I mean I do art for fun, but like I'm majoring in design because like I feel like that's more money making.
Speaker 13: Not gonna lie. Not no offense to the fine arts majors.
Speaker 1: So what kinds of things do you design to make money?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean I'm going to school for it right now.
Speaker 7: I haven't started working yet, okay, but like, I mean I enjoy like editorial design.
Speaker 13: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Are these your homies?
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're also going to school here.
Speaker 2: Oh do you just meet them? No?
Speaker 13: We graduated together from high school.
Speaker 1: Ye okay, and and now you guys are going into college together.
Speaker 13: We're going to college together. She's going upstate.
Speaker 2: So are you guys like from New York?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 13: No, we're from Florid.
Speaker 2: Oh oh wait, so what's she doing here? Oh you're going to she's visiting.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, you know why not? I didn't mean that like an accusat curious. Well, let's see Sarah. You said your name was. You have a lot of cool trinkets on your bag. You gotta you got three different bears, the two bears. Oh, you have a diet coke pin.
Speaker 2: I like that. Why are they laughing at that? Why is that so funny? I don't know that.
Speaker 13: I guess they hate me. They secretly they have.
Speaker 1: You have a diet coke pin? I love that. Actually, No, I'm not.
Speaker 13: Actually jingle around everywhere I go.
Speaker 2: So it's got a ribbon on it?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, yeah, because why not.
Speaker 2: You've got Uma Thurman from pulp fiction.
Speaker 13: Mm hmmm. I actually dressed up as her one year.
Speaker 2: So yeah, did you have like the cocaine nose?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, not real, not real. Just don't worry, don't worry.
Speaker 2: It was auth that you can do whatever you want with your life.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cocaines don't do cocaine too much. Yeah, cocaine's like a little like fun. Cocaine's like very you don't want to like buy your own.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just like a sample.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you'll you only want to do cocaine.
Speaker 1: Twice a year if you're in a weird situation where someone offers it to you, but it don't You don't want to.
Speaker 13: Go to You don't want to get into the red like.
Speaker 2: Buying it yourself, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the meaning of life?
Speaker 13: Drugs? Bitches and coke?
Speaker 2: Very cool?
Speaker 1: Sarah's anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, Stay.
Speaker 13: In school, do what you want with your life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sarah forever? Yes for having of course, thank you for joining me on the Get Go show.
Speaker 13: Of course.
Speaker 1: Here you go, you sir, I see you. You come on, come on over, that's going.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 6: Alex? Alex?
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you. Where we met before? Have we?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know I remember you from where signs say.
Speaker 8: Oh right now, I'm giving a free dating advice many one of the many signs that I hold.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah you I So.
Speaker 1: I come to this park like almost every day, okay, and you do you you're here a lot, right.
Speaker 6: I'm here like every weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you hold up you make little content? Yeah, oh you Okay. Here's where we first met you have you held there's so many people watching. You held up a sign that said, uh, make me laugh and give win a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I tried. I tried to make you laugh.
Speaker 8: I have you know, I have so many people, so many like characters that approached me, So it's hard for me to remember everybody. There's a guy in a banana suit that approached me, a guy in a fucking corn dog suit that approached me. I get all kinds of characters out here, A major salib of the park, I get it.
Speaker 6: Oh, there's just so many characters out here.
Speaker 1: Welso, so yeah, I met you doing that well? Actually could we talked for a little bit and then you weren't recording?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yes, So I record some days. Other days I just feel like coming out and just hanging out.
Speaker 1: You know, no, no, you know you thought you thought you were recording, but then you weren't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like we were just hanging out.
Speaker 6: Occasionally, I'll like, forget to press record.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna remember me. I'm gonna stop trying to get you to remember me. What's your name again?
Speaker 6: I'm Alex, Alex.
Speaker 1: I just told you my name. Is you already forgot, Yeah, I will see. Here's the thing is, I'm okay. So we're different, right, yeah, maybe we're not different. Maybe we're the same. Yeah, but like I don't remember, I will forget your name immediately, but I remember who you are.
Speaker 6: Yes, I definitely remember you a fraud costume. You can't forget that.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't in the fraud cost And it's not what Who cares? Who cares? Who cares?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 2: How's life going? What's going on?
Speaker 6: Pretty good? I mean, everything is going pretty spot on.
Speaker 8: Besides you know, my dating life, you know everything else, Like, I'm so satisfied, okay, just dating?
Speaker 1: Why what's wrong with your dating life? You're not doing a bit right now?
Speaker 2: Are you okay? What's this?
Speaker 6: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, go ahead? Honestly, situationships are they into me? Are they not? X's?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: Heartbreaks? You know, it's it's so it's so much, it's so much going on.
Speaker 1: Are you doing you? Are you you swearing your life? You're not doing a bit right now?
Speaker 6: No? No, okay, I understand.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You sound like you're in like content making voice right now, and I wanted I.
Speaker 8: Fully respect and other people are making content so I don't try to mess up.
Speaker 6: I'm not to mess up.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't think you're trying to have a good time. It's all right, all right, all right, Sorry, I know I'm being a dick. Right now, you're gonna know I'm being a dick.
Speaker 8: Sometimes when I tell people think like Alex, are you are you working with me?
Speaker 6: I'm like, no, I'm being serious. What are you?
Speaker 2: What are you looking for in your dating life?
Speaker 8: What am I looking for my dating Honestly, I'm just trying to I'm trying to settle down. You know, if I've had my whole phase, it was fun. Right now, I'm just trying to like settle down, find someone that's just like long term, long term relationship.
Speaker 6: That's that's all I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: So why has that been hard for you to find?
Speaker 8: Because everyone else just wants to I guess it's still in their whole phase or is it just starting.
Speaker 6: Their whole phase?
Speaker 2: Where are you finding these people? You know?
Speaker 6: I come here a lot.
Speaker 2: I coeople out here.
Speaker 8: You know, occasionally I will go to like bars or nightclubs, But again, people over there are just trying to hook up, So that doesn't help.
Speaker 2: Are you looking for guys girls.
Speaker 1: All right, really you're really having a hard time because here's what's Here's what's annoying, I mean, not annoying, but interesting I'll say, is everyone says the same thing. We just had a girl sit down and say this. Everyone's always like, oh, New York, nobody wants to settle down. It's like if everyone's saying that, then I mean it must not be true to an extent.
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess we're just meeting the wrong people, you know. I guess it's just bad luck, bad timing.
Speaker 1: Have you met a lady where you're like, oh, I where you've said to her like, hey, I want something more and she's like.
Speaker 2: Ah, this.
Speaker 6: So I'm never for me. I'm never forward.
Speaker 8: I don't let them know, like straight up like hey, I'm into you, let's go out, because I've done that before and it seems to like freak people out, okay when I'm just too forward, which I get, you know, which I get. So my my whole like I guess my whole ethos not ethos, I guess the way I pursue dating nowadays, like I'm just super like nonchalant, laid back about it, like hey, yeah, we can hang out if something happens, it happens, but I'm not gonna like rush to anything. I'm not gonna pursue anything if the other person doesn't feel the same way.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's how I think it should be, right, Yeah, like youse hinge.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not into dating.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well like cause like like even I mean it's actually this isn't even a dating app thing, but like when some people there's some people who are like, uh, you know, I'm looking for my my love and I need and I'm like, it's a little weird because it's like, well aren't we all we all yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: But it's like you.
Speaker 1: Can't start is that how That's like you can't like start off that way, right, Like people have to kind of naturally get into things.
Speaker 8: I mean, of course, there's like to an extent, you do have to pursue like a little bit, I guess from both parties also. But the thing is, like you, when I come out here, I meet so many amazing people, like I will make so many friendships and it gets to a point where I'm like this person is cool. I would love to hang out with them, Do I want to mess it up, like ya feel that way about them and then mess up a good friendship. Yeah, because I've had had that in the past, where I've had people that I do like.
Speaker 6: Start off having strong feelings about them.
Speaker 8: As I get to know them, I do do a good friendship and it gets to the point where I'm Okay, I wouldn't want to pursue a relationship with you because I do see you as a really cool friend.
Speaker 1: It's sure, don't want to tarnish that friendship, extremely safe.
Speaker 6: But I guess that's where I'm stuck.
Speaker 8: I'm meeting so many people and and I'm always I guess I'm always putting myself in the friend zone before they do that to me, which is my bigining.
Speaker 2: You know, well, is that an issue? I mean, can you go wrong with that?
Speaker 6: Really? I mean, of course, but how many friends? How many more friends do you need? Like? How many more friends can you have? You know?
Speaker 2: Part of me wonders.
Speaker 1: Are you supposed to feel some kind of like natural gravitational pull or are you else to for me?
Speaker 8: For me, I can think anybody is cute, I can think anybody is attractive upon first meeting them.
Speaker 1: You can think anybody is shut up. You can think anybody's shut up. You can think anybody. You can think anybody's attractive. You can decide to find anyone attractive. I mean, of course, I'm not gonna let you run away from the statement you make. You can you can decide like you can decide that anyone is attractive.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, I can think I can look at anyone and say, yeah, they're attractive, they've got nice features.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that person is attracted. Anyone, anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're lying for me.
Speaker 6: No, I'm being dead serious. You hold.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure I understand what you're trying to say. Yes, go ahead, you can look.
Speaker 1: At anyone m hm any like literally anyone with no Well, let me can look at anyone and.
Speaker 8: Go and decide that they're attractive. Okay, Well that's not what exactly what I was saying. I see where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: What I was trying to say is that obviously I find attractive. I find the people who I find attractive. I find attractive, right, Like, you see what I'm saying, right, anyone I find attractive I will find attractive for me to catch.
Speaker 1: Feelings, somebody, what are you what are you even saying.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm not going to find everybody attractive.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, well that's what you were just saying about.
Speaker 6: Everyone has preference.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yes, anyone that you find attractive.
Speaker 6: Attractive, I will find attractive.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: For me to catch for me to really fall for someone, to catch feelings for someone, I have to get to know them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see what you mean. I see what you mean. I see Okay.
Speaker 1: Basically, there's a lot of women that you find attractive, but not a lot of women who you're like, I want to give my soul to you.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, or a lot.
Speaker 1: Of women you find attractive, but not a lot of women you're like, I deeply want to emotionally invest myself in you.
Speaker 8: I guess. I guess, like, I see, I see what you're trying to say.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people to feel that way.
Speaker 8: No, I mean for me, like, I can't really fall for someone head over here unless I really get to know them.
Speaker 6: I can't get butterflies unless I really get to know them.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, I have to really vibe with them at first. I have to really like see what their humor is like, see, like.
Speaker 2: Like, how for you're you're you're slow to love.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I get, yeah.
Speaker 2: I get. I feel like I'm not like that at all.
Speaker 8: I mean everyone's different, you know, yeah, the same, everyone like has their own preference.
Speaker 6: That's just how I am. And I feel like that's what I struggle. That's what I'm at that it's not about, that's why.
Speaker 2: That's just why does that make you.
Speaker 8: A disavant a disadvantage because everyone is like everyone that I meet is in their whole face and they just want to hook up, and that's not what I'm looking for anymore.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, But I don't think that puts you at a disadvantage.
Speaker 2: That's just who you are.
Speaker 1: I mean you could say that only wanting sex's has everything else is pros and cons, you know.
Speaker 8: I mean yeah, pretty much where you're set. We're trying to say, yeah, I guess, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Why is everything else so amazing in your life? What else is going on?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm satisfied. I'm my social life is going great.
Speaker 8: I come out here and hold a stupid sign and people approach me, So my social life is good.
Speaker 6: That's cool. I have so many great friends.
Speaker 2: You mean to let you make a lot of friends at the partes.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, that's why I come out here.
Speaker 2: The content.
Speaker 8: Content is going great. I'm making a lot of memories. I love my job. I love my job.
Speaker 6: Not this isn't my job, my job that I do during the week when I'm not here. I love you.
Speaker 2: What's your job.
Speaker 6: I'm a teacher's aide.
Speaker 8: Oh cool, So I take care of like I teach pre k so I take care of like three year olds.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 8: I love my job. I love my family. So I'm just Yeah, I'm satisfied in.
Speaker 6: All aspects except dating. That's where I struggle with. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm.
Speaker 1: So you have this problem where you have you been in like, have you ever been in a situationship with someone where you're like, oh, I could see myself.
Speaker 2: But isn't a situationship?
Speaker 1: House is in the situationship the the inception of for me relationship.
Speaker 8: For me, a situationship is not like, oh, we can fuck around and maybe it'll go somewhere. No, a situationship is no, We're gonna fuck around and that's it.
Speaker 6: It's not gonna go anywhere. That's my headphones.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, sure, But that's like a labeled thing like can't anything become.
Speaker 2: Something? It could?
Speaker 6: It could.
Speaker 8: Uh, that's just my headspace going into situationships, Okay, Like I I just prepare myself for that, not prepare myself. I just I'm just in that headspace. Like, Yo, we're in a situationship. We're gonna mess around. I'm not looking for anything after that. I'm not looking for anything past that. If we're gonna just gonna keep messing around.
Speaker 6: You know, I wouldn't here.
Speaker 2: Who's your ideal woman?
Speaker 6: My ideal woman? Like, yeah, like what do I like? What do I look for? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Sure, I don't really have a specific type, you know, I don't really you know, check boxes like oh, she has to have this, this and that for for me to want her.
Speaker 6: Like, no, I don't have a type.
Speaker 8: Just someone who's just someone who can joke around like me, someone who I guess, yeah, just someone who can joke around like me. Someone who can like have a good laugh, someone who can mess around. Uh, someone who I want someone very like laid back, someone's very nonchalant. Okay, someone who can match my energy, but in general, someone who's.
Speaker 6: Very laid back.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, because.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't want someone to you know, like outshine my personality. You know, I'm very outgoing, but to an extent.
Speaker 2: So you don't want somebody who's also outgoing.
Speaker 8: Like someone who can match my energy, but not to the point where they can over overshine me, overpower me.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to make sure you want to be the guy, like you want to be the guy?
Speaker 8: Hey, like I want to be like yeah, like this is me, Like this is what you got. And it's tough because there's so much competition out here, and it's very easy for someone that you're dating to look at someone else and oh, this guy's got what he doesn't have? Like he there's there's pretty obvious he doesn't. He doesn't compare it to that guy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's whack a mole, you know, it's like, yeah, someone has. There's many, in fact, not many, infinite people out there who have an infinite amount of positive qualities that you do not possess but they don't have. But it's swackamle, right, it's like, oh, I like this one thing. I Anyone that your date is gonna have things you like about them and things you don't like about them, and there will be somebody who has the things that they don't have that you want, but then they have other things that you don't.
Speaker 2: It's what you know. It's no no one literally nobody is perfect.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: At this point, I'm just like you do know how to have to be perfect. I'm not looking for anyone perfect. I'm willing to accept any flaws. But for any flaws, Yes, any flaws.
Speaker 6: Sorry, that'd be just scared. Scared.
Speaker 2: I don't like bees.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but no for me, I'm just I have a lot of insecurities that like, it's they it's very obvious when uh me showing my insecurities, Like I'm I can try to hide it as much as I can, but they just come out at random times.
Speaker 1: You don't have to talk about this if you don't want to, but I'm I'm naturally curious. What are your insecurities?
Speaker 6: My insecurities?
Speaker 8: Uh, damn, which one? There's so many, there's like a hole. I could write a whole script, a whole novel about my insecurities.
Speaker 1: Well, what's like, I guess you're well, one my height, Like, I'm how tall are you?
Speaker 8: I'm five to ninety five to nine, I'm very average height. If I want to date someone, they would have to be like really short.
Speaker 2: You know. I mean, let's talk about this. Yes, I'm five to seven, right.
Speaker 1: Commara, I'm actually five six, but I just tell everyone I'm five seven.
Speaker 2: So I'm five to seven, right.
Speaker 1: And I've also throughout my life been pretty insecure about my height. But you know what, But here's the thing right with like all these things, is like you were delta hand in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were born as this.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's things you can change about your body if you don't like it, you can get you can there's things you can change about your body if you don't like them. And there's things that you cannot change about your body. And the way I think about my height, the way I've kind of reconciled is like, oh my god, here's here's how I reconciled my height.
Speaker 2: I would not roll the dice again, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like, in terms of what rolling the dice.
Speaker 2: I was born with certain things about me and my essence.
Speaker 6: In my life, and you can't change your height.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of things I love about my life and about my essence and about my body and about my brain, about my who I am. There's a lot of things I don't like about my body, my brain and my essence and who I am. But if if God came down from the heavens and was like, hey, would you you want to Hey, you don't like being five seven? You want to roll the dice again. I'm not rolling those dice. I'm not taking another chance. I'll take this, I'll key, I'll stay. I'm not that's like black check. You know, I'm not. I'm not gonna hit.
Speaker 8: I get what you mean when you have, like when you have quite a few friends that like like, obviously you don't want to compare yourself to other people, but when you're with other people you like, your mind ghost places like you can't help it.
Speaker 6: You can't help but compare yourself.
Speaker 1: One thing I've oh, I've never forgotten that I heard once is that if you're gonna be jealous of someone, you have to be jealous of all of them. You can't just run around picking your favor picking all the best qualities from everyone, because that's not real life. So you know, if someone someone might be taller than you, but they have other things going on and their life that are fucked, that are that your life is, you know better than I mean, that's the same with like all insecurities.
Speaker 8: I see what you mean. I see what you mean. Yeah, I see what you mean. Another one of my biggest, like insecurities.
Speaker 6: It's just like.
Speaker 8: It's as well, I want to retract to Bacca what I was saying earlier, shut out.
Speaker 6: For me to fall for someone, I have to get to know them.
Speaker 8: Once I get to know someone, the reason I've been in so many situationships is because that first impression, the first few interactions is always like the easiest to me.
Speaker 6: Like you'd be like, oh, I just met you, you don't know.
Speaker 8: Me, so I can pretty much put on a bask and be whoever the fuck I want to be in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess that's what people people like, right, It's.
Speaker 1: All you're right, at a certain point, you gotta you know, you gotta till a certain let your breath go and let the stomach hang out metaphorically.
Speaker 8: Like after like a while that you really get to know someone, then I start that's when I started really catching feelings. That's when I started getting the butterflies, like yo, I can't be how I was at the beginning, Like it's just it's messing with me, Like I've known you for so long, but I don't know. Something's changed now to the point where I can't be around this person. I can't act like how I used to be at the beginning. It just fucks with my head and messed with my head. I get the butterflies, know mm hmmm hm. This one person that that I would see frequently at this park at the beginning, I for like, oh, yeah, she's cute.
Speaker 6: Like she's cute.
Speaker 8: I don't think much of it. I wouldn't say I'm head over heels for her. I'm not getting butterflies, but yeah, she's cute. I wouldn't see myself pursuing a relationship with her, but yeah, she's cute. I don't I'm not getting butterflies, as I would constantly see her here all the time when I would come out here, and she would give me like these little nudget like hey, like take down my number. Let's hang out sometime, like oh, let's hang out, get some boba without your sign, like without your content, let's just hang out. Like yeah, I'm down, come to this. I just moved into a new apartment. Come to my apartment. Let's hang out, Let's let's grab a drink like, yeah, I'm down. As I gotten to know them, and I would see all these signs, I'm like, ooh.
Speaker 6: Are they flirting with me?
Speaker 2: Like oh, like.
Speaker 8: I'm getting the butterflies. I'm like, am I getting Am I getting butterflies? Like the more I'm seeing them, like yeah, now now that I'm seeing them, now that I'm vibing with them a little bit, and I'm like, now I'm getting the butter more.
Speaker 6: Butterfly, I'm getting butterflies.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, quick, can I a see to just hold the Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got her, I got you. My bad, My bad. Yeah.
Speaker 8: As I'm getting to know them more and more, I'm like, oh, now I'm catching feelings.
Speaker 6: Now I'm starting to get butterflies.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay, And now it's gone to it after that, this was all last year. By the way, the winter, the winter comes and goes, there's like no communication, like I don't like the winter.
Speaker 6: I hibernate in the winter.
Speaker 8: I stay at home until the winter passes, like I don't like going out in the winter. So as winter passes, there's no there's no interactions, no text, no phone calls, no FaceTime, there's nothing.
Speaker 6: There's there's no interactions.
Speaker 8: I completely go ghosts, which is not intentionally, not something I want to do.
Speaker 6: It's just something that I do.
Speaker 8: As the spring starts and I see her like again after after a whole winter not seeing her, She's like, hey, you.
Speaker 6: Know, it's good to see you. YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 8: I started getting the butterflies again, and I'm like yo, like, uh, like I would I would assume, like all this time spent a part would make me miss her, and it did, but no, we're back to square one. I'm getting the butterflies again. Uh so, Yeah, I saw her in April. In April I would see her a few times. Then May I did not see her. June I did not see her. July I saw her again, and at that point I was like, dude, I don't care, like I don't have butterflies anymore.
Speaker 6: I genuinely missed seeing you.
Speaker 8: I've genuinely missed seeing that person, and my fuck it, like I I'm back. I gave my confidence back again, like I missed that person so much to the point where I'm like, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: The in so the insecurity is just the insecurity.
Speaker 2: Of being who you are when you don't feel nervous.
Speaker 8: Well, when I don't see that that person as much, I guess as much.
Speaker 2: So is this a general insecurity, you would.
Speaker 8: Say, I'd say so, I'd say so. But yeah, as as I was saying, uh, where where was I? So yeah, after after not seeing her for so long, I started seeing her again, and I'm like, yo, I genuinely missed you.
Speaker 6: I genuinely missed her.
Speaker 8: I think she noticed because when I started getting butterflies, I started acting nonchalant around her, and I think she picked up on that, like, oh, this guy's was so fun at the beginning.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 8: Like he's so laid back in nonchalant now, like what's going on? And I did not tell her why, but I think she picked out all my nonchalant iss But again, as once she saw me in June, after a whole long time of not seeing not seeing me, I gained my confidence back. I saw her again. I missed her and we talked. We were viving again. I think she she saw like, oh he's back. He's not nonchalant anymore, Like he's back, he's back to his old self again. Something happened. He's back to his own self. Now I want to see him again. Now I want to keep seeing him and again that that fucked with my mind again. I got the butterflies again. She gave me her number, even though I have her on Instagram.
Speaker 6: She gave me her number. She invited me to her apartment. I bought her. She was here one day.
Speaker 2: Do you like this lady? Do you like this lady?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, because this whole thing, I'm like, do you fucking like this lady?
Speaker 6: I'm getting to that point.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, sorry, get it to that part.
Speaker 6: It's the whole back and forth thing.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, sure.
Speaker 8: So I she comes to the park one day, She's like, Alex, I'm bored.
Speaker 6: What should I do?
Speaker 8: I'm like, uh, do you want a buzzball? We can go get a buzzball. She's like, fuck yeah, let's do that. Okay, okay, well we'll go get a buzzball. We went to we went to the store. I was like, you know, I got you, I got you. It's like five bucks, I got you covered.
Speaker 2: She's like.
Speaker 8: She came up from behind me. She's like, Alex, I'm gonna give you the boyfriend hug. And she comes from behind me and she squeezed. She squeezes me, Like, dude, you don't say that ship to like anybody, Like I'm gonna give you the boyfriend.
Speaker 6: You don't say that to anybody.
Speaker 8: This girl clearly likes you, right, Okay, Okay, she clearly likes me.
Speaker 6: I clearly like her.
Speaker 2: Okay, like, dude, let's just fucking hang out.
Speaker 6: Let's hang out, like I'm I'm like, I know.
Speaker 8: She said that she had to go, like afterwards because she had, like I don't know, I think she had worked the next day, but she said she had to go. Okay, okay, we will. We will schedule a hangout. We will schedule hang out to meet each other.
Speaker 2: Like why is this so complicated?
Speaker 6: I'm getting to that point.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry sorry.
Speaker 8: So, uh yes, three times we schedule a hangout three times for me, It's like three strikes.
Speaker 2: Like you should oh, she kept delaying.
Speaker 8: No, no, So we made a day to hang out on a Saturday. Okay, I'm like, yeah, absolutely, let's fucking get lunch or whatever.
Speaker 6: Let's hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah she but did she yes, Okay, you hung out. We were both so hola, hola.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your name again? By the way, like, Alex, you said three strikes, you're out? Uh huh what were the three strikes?
Speaker 8: I'm getting I was just getting to that, okay, Okay, So we made us data. This was on our Friday. We made a day to hang out on Saturday. Saturday morning comes like, hey, we're still on fridayday and she's like, yeah, I'm down. Let's let me know when you're here. Text me when you're here, like, all right, perfect, I got you. I will be there at three o'clock. It's it's like one o'clock. I will be train takes me like thirty minutes. She didn't show up. No, no, As I was making out, hopping on the train about to head there, train Delace train is now working on weekends.
Speaker 6: You gotta take the bus.
Speaker 8: You gotta take the long ass bus to Atlantic and transfer do all this, and you know NYC traffic, you know. And I'm like I text him like, hey, you know the trains aren't working. I'm so sorry. I will be there as soon as I can, but I don't know with traffic, I don't know how long it'll take me to get there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: It's like, yeah, just let me know when you get here. Buses take a long time. Trains take a long time. I get here at it like eight and nine o'clock at night, like, hey, I'm so sorry, Like are you here?
Speaker 6: She's like no, I had to head her out.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, Like no, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry the fucking trains. Wait, so this is strike on, this is strike one, okay, Like, hey, can we reschedule?
Speaker 6: It's like, yeah, let's get lunch tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Alex, I don't think I can. I don't think we can do all three strikes. Listen all right, because listen, because how long ago did this happen?
Speaker 6: This has been going on for like two months? What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Alex? Do you like this?
Speaker 6: Lady?
Speaker 2: I do? Okay, doude? Then what the fuck she likes you?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Why I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know anytime things are this complicated, it kind of it's like it's like, what even is this.
Speaker 8: The second time we made to reschedule? She said, yeah, let's let's get lunch tomorrow. Like the trains are fucked up, but let's get lunch tomorrow. I'm like, fuck, yeah, I showed up. She's like, actually, I don't feel like going out anymore. Like hey, you know, that's fine. Sometimes you don't feel like it's a Sunday. Not everyone likes going out on Sunday. That's fine.
Speaker 6: She's like, we do Monday, Like, okay, yeah, let's do that. Let's do Monday.
Speaker 8: I come on Monday. She does to show up. Okay, I guess I got an answer. I guess she doesn't like me. Okay, and then retracting to that statement like this was after by the way, I get her a buzzball and she comes from after a while of not seeing her. Okay, she comes from behind me, Alex, I'm gonna give you the boyfriend hug.
Speaker 2: Alex.
Speaker 1: I'm exhausted by this. I know me too, Okay. So here's what okay, Okay, okay.
Speaker 6: So and I'm like, dude, I don't know anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yes you do know?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes you do. She hasn't been no no, no, no, you do know?
Speaker 6: Don't yes you do?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yes you do? You do know? You know that you're exhausted. I am you shouldn't be exhausted. So you do know?
Speaker 6: I don't know, Yes you do do? I what do I know?
Speaker 1: What do you know that you're exhausted. You know that this relationship is exhausted. You know this dynamic is exhausting you. Yeah, but that's a lot of information to have, you know, the dynamics exhausting you.
Speaker 2: It is exhausting me hearing it.
Speaker 1: So it's like, you know, go find something that doesn't exhaust Jesus fucking Christ.
Speaker 8: She texted me one day when I'm here chilling, doing my own thing. She texts me like, Hey, I'm at the park. I get so fucking nervous that I just run out of the park and I just wait for her to leave, Like, I'm just tired of this back and forth.
Speaker 2: Alex, You're you know what, Alex, You're a sweet boy.
Speaker 1: I think you'll find a relationship one day that doesn't exhaust you.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm trying. I'm out here trying. Actually, actually no, I'm not out here.
Speaker 2: You're not really out here trying.
Speaker 1: You're out here existing, being, living your own life, being who you are, exerting your authentic self upon the universe. And when you do that for long enough, the universe brings you back, whatever the fuck it brings you back.
Speaker 6: At the point, I'm just like do whatever. It's whatever. I'm like, I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: I'm exhausted, Alex, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 8: Surround yourself with good people, because good people will bring you up. If it were for the people that I surround myself with, I would not be up sitting here, uh, doing this talking about all my fucking insecurities.
Speaker 6: So I have my friends to thank for that. So love y'all. Surround yourself with good people.
Speaker 1: I thank you very much for your time and your honesty. Man, I really appreciate it. Thank you, Alex. You have a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'll see you in the park later. Man, Andrew, nice to meet you. Has life, what's going on?
Speaker 6: I'm doing, lile.
Speaker 5: I just just moved here from Florida. Okay, it's my first time. Actually it's like my third week here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just saw you, so I was like, you know what, I'll pop a squat. You seem like a really interesting person.
Speaker 2: Well thanks man. What brought you to New York work?
Speaker 5: Actually, as well as just pretty much. I grew up in Florida felt like I was stunted, like my growth was stunted there. I didn't have like a lot of creativity. I had like some falling out with friends over my sexuality and religion, and so I felt like New York was a safe place for me, not only creatively, but also to express myself fully. So I'm kind of out here. I don't really have too many friends out here either, So I was like, you know what, it would.
Speaker 2: Be nice to sit down and talk with someone.
Speaker 6: Okay, cool man?
Speaker 3: Sure that.
Speaker 2: I was so patient, you know, it's why. So how you said you've been here for three weeks?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, And what are you doing here? You going to school? You're working? I'm working. I'm a marketing director right now? Okay? Yeahs you are? I am thirty one, thirty one?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Have you been doing anything to try to make friends? Meet people? So that's the thing.
Speaker 5: I've been so like occupied focus on work as well as like trying to get familiar with the city that I really haven't had made time for that, which I need to is definitely, uh, something I kind of have to adjust to, just because I would say for so long, since I was from Florida, I had most of my friends growing up. I never had to make friends again, like like as an adult, now, and especially as like a new person. I guess you could say, because now I'm like living more in my like authenticity, living.
Speaker 2: Who I am. That's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So now it's like navigating that and learning to kind of not HIGs parts of me and learn how to like really kind of navigate this new version of myself. I guess you can call it, and uh, I guess navigate it. And I don't even want to call it the correct way, because I guess there is no correct way about going about things. But just like I guess my goal is just to like completely be authentic with its.
Speaker 1: And it's well, it sounds like, yeah, you mentioned Florida as being kind of stifling to your growth, as being a place where you did not feel as though you could be that authentic self. Yeah, exactly, and so wait, so and how long did you live in Florida for up until now?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, so it is the first three weeks out of Florida exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Okay, so you're in You're in this is this is this the first time you actually feel like you are living as your authentic self?
Speaker 2: Pretty much, get out of here. That's that's amazing. That's really cool. It is a big leap.
Speaker 5: I find it as free like as possible. I feel like I would never change my life. I went through a lot of trials and tribulations, like I said, you know, coming out late in life, as well as like losing a lot of friends my church, Like it was like really difficult time for me, but it literally sharpened me. It made me polish me into the person I am today. I like to tell people gave me superpowers. I feel like I have a level of understanding people now from all walks of life and understanding them just because of those hardships. I felt like they gave me a level of sympathy and empathy for people that I wouldn't have had if I didn't go through those those certain things. And I guess it's just I'm happy that I was able to get come out of the other side of it with a positive outlook on life. And because I know a lot of people don't. So I'm just even sharing this too, because I know you have probably a lot of people who watch you, so just to let them know that, like you got to just like authentically be yourself. I know that word is like thrown around a lot now. But it's so true. It's so freeing to be yourself no matter what you're going through, Like you'll find peace when you like when you start loving yourself more, because no one could love yourself like love you as much as you can love yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I know you said you're having you know, trouble making friends and whatnot, But I ever new nothing you have said is quite out of the ordinary for only being in a place for three weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: So I are you in person as this marketing director or is this like an online thing?
Speaker 5: So no, I'm in person. I worked two days a week there. Co workers are cool, just like I guess they're like older than me. So it's like a little.
Speaker 1: Well here's the here's the good news is that where in Florida were you? West Palms?
Speaker 2: Okay of West Palm. It's like it's a little posh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like right across from like there's literally right over the bridge is Palm Beach Island.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a wes West Palm is definitely yeah. Yeah, I Well, the good news is that you moved to one of the best places in America to meet people.
Speaker 2: There's infinite I mean, what do you like? What are you into?
Speaker 5: I love art, I love fashion, I love photography, I love writing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, bro, I know that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the thing I mean, dude, I mean, this is why I live in New York, right, It is because you know, I mean, I come to this park almost every day.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel alive.
Speaker 1: Anytime I feel like I'm dying or I'm like old, or I like that everything. You know, there's nothing left for me to do on this planet, I just come. I you know, New York is the place to where where, even after you think you've you know, seen it all or done it all or whatever, there's places and people and rooms you can go into and things to remind yourself that, oh shit, there's more. There's always there is more, and and and here's the but here's the thing. It doesn't find you. It doesn't find you. It doesn't find you. But you don't even have to do it in the correct way. But it's if you go out in search, you find it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So like if you go on the internet and you search for weird art events, or you see some stupid fly as you're walking and you click the QR code and you actually go to the thing, and then when you're at the thing, you.
Speaker 2: Actually talk to some people.
Speaker 1: You start, you know, so the more again, the more you, you know, authentically exert yourself upon the city and the world.
Speaker 2: You you you find these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mean even the fact that you came to sit and talk to a random dude on the thing.
Speaker 2: Is a good sign.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all like crazy cool art, fashion, whatever the fuck shit exists?
Speaker 2: Ye do you?
Speaker 1: I'll give you some like Instagram pages to follow and some shit too.
Speaker 2: Later after we've done this, I appreciate that someone take a little video of us.
Speaker 1: What's up? How's it going? Look at this guy? Look at this guy? Who's this guy? I love this combination. Look at this guy. He's got a combination. I've never seen a combination of a leopard print shirt with an army bag and he's got the leopard.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, look at this guy? Well why do I? Man?
Speaker 1: Nice to see you too, man, God bless But yeah, dude, you're you're in a great position.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel And that's the good thing is I'm giving myself time. Like I said, I'm navigating it. I feel like I'm in a good place. Uh, sometimes I could get it lonely. You know, I haven't really made too many friends out here yet, so that's why I was like, let me, let me, let me just sit down and have a good conversation for once.
Speaker 2: And you see, like I said, you seem like a really interesting guy. Yeah, you're doing well here.
Speaker 1: After after we're done, there's a couple of like, uh, like email lists I'm on and like Instagram pages.
Speaker 2: I'll give yeah, for sure, for sure. Can I ask you some questions? Yeah, hit man? Okay, is that what? You just have one suit or you have multiple suits?
Speaker 1: Oh? I have I have well, I don't know anymore. Honestly, I have a this is a hundred. I just have a room and it's got a pile of like there's five parts to wait, there's five parts to the suit. There's there's the head, the hands, which are technically two parts, but actually no, there's there's Okay, I'm gonna count this one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. There's seven parts to the suit, okay, two hands, two feet, a torso, pants, and a head. And I just have an amalgam a big green pile of parts.
Speaker 2: Of the suit.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, just a room of like like you know in the Simpsons, the giant burning tower of tires. That's why I have that, but with uh with echo suits. So I don't know how many that compiles when you add them up, but yeah.
Speaker 2: That's that's what I got.
Speaker 5: The second question is I guess, out of all the interviews I've ever done, what was the most interesting thing You've learned about yourself in the process of doing this?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you the truth? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I get asked this question a lot of like what's like the craziest thing you've learned, or like what's the most interesting thing you've learned?
Speaker 2: Or what have you learned about humanity? I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: The more I travel and talk to people and do this, the more I know I don't know fucking anything. I actually, the more the more agnostic I become. Actually oh wow, yeah wow, oh wait, sorry, I'll answer in one second, but.
Speaker 5: Now altruistic, like you don't feel like you like love more because you know, like.
Speaker 2: No, I know.
Speaker 1: I become more agnostic about my beliefs, and I become more agnostic about how what I know about the world and what I know about myself and I by my identity crumbles the more I talk to people, because when you're when you're younger and when you're in high school, it's way easier to have a sense of identity and an ego. And then the more you talk to people and the more you travel and learn things and do things, the more my identity my ego crumble and I don't know and the more I know nothing. Yeah, this in uh and this is lame that I'm gonna quote this, but I'm gonna do it is in Rick and Morty.
Speaker 2: You know the actually you know what this is in Rick and Morty?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you know the scene where Rick is talking not when Morty's talking to Summer and he's like, you hang out with Rick, And the more you hang out with Rick, the more you know nothing and he knows everything. And all I know is that we're all gonna die and nobody belongs anywhere.
Speaker 2: Come watch TV. Yep. That is how I feel when I travel.
Speaker 1: Wow, and when I do this and when I talk to people, the more I'm like, oh, the universe knows everything. I know nothing, nothing matters, No one belongs anywhere. I'm gonna go play video games and jerk off.
Speaker 2: So I get that it.
Speaker 5: Almost feels like the Yeah, because you can't have any go at that point, especially if you're interviewing people constantly learning new stuff, and then everyone's a reflection of you.
Speaker 1: And it's honestly, it's almost less about even like the work that I do, and even just like living my life on a personal level. The older I get, the more I live my life on a personal level and I have my own personal experiences, is how I arrive at the fact that I don't fucking know anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like that makes what you do harder?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Kind of.
Speaker 1: I think existing on the internet and having a podcast almost beckons upon you to have strong opinions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's almost like you're.
Speaker 5: It's not that you're catering to the algorithm, but almost like you kind of have to in a sense.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, but I mean, I don't know, we're having we're having this conversation right now, and I guess, and I guess I have expressed a strong opinion in it, yeah, which is that I don't have a lot of strong opinions, a strong opinions, but.
Speaker 5: That's hey, and what opinions changed every day. Man, you don't know who you're gonna talk to the next day. So that strong opinions does how strong is the next conversation?
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna hate me. But what's your name again?
Speaker 1: Andrews get So it's okay, Well Andrew, listen, you're my last interview of the day. I'm gonna pack all this shit up. But is there is there any bring us home?
Speaker 6: Andrew?
Speaker 2: What do you want to say to the people of the computer before we get out?
Speaker 5: To anyone out there watching this or listening, just know that you have to. You don't have to, but it's so much beneficial if you do what you love and you are who you are, and just know that I am. That I am is the key, and you learn that you that life is coming literally out of you.
Speaker 2: You what's inside of you. You manifest.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it takes time for reality to catch up. But if you if you say I love yourself all the time in your head, you start actually bringing up to reality. So just know that I know it's not silly and woo woo, but it's true.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: So it's been great knowing you. It's been a great conversation. I appreciate your time my friend.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you Andrew folks. Thank you guys very much for listening to the Therapy Gecko Podcast. I'm Lyle, I'm a Gecko. I'm gonna go home or not, or I'll just sleep here at the park. I don't care. I mean, I do care. I don't want to sleep at the park, but I like the park. I'm I'm this is a bad act, this is a bad outro, but it's what I said. I can't take it back. I theoretically can. I can, of course I can take it back. I can edit it out, but I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna leave it in. Thanks for listening. I'll be back in a few days with another episode of the thing. Ghek bless you. Thanks for being here. See you guys around the universe.