Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Some absolutely stunning remarks made by the Republican nominee for president over the weekend, bringing this nation's history of campaign rhetoric, even the particular field of harsh attacks, into a whole new territory.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden became mentally impaired.
Speaker 1: Kamala was born that way, and if you think about it, only a mentally disabled person could have allowed this to happen to our country.
Speaker 2: Anybody would know this.
Speaker 3: Trump might have actually realized during his Wisconsin speech that he was dragging campaign rhetoric into a whole new place, because he himself commented, quote, this is a dark.
Speaker 2: Speech he did.
Speaker 4: That was the end of the clip.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did by Gully.
Speaker 4: So one thing I always like when the lefty media plays a Trump clip that I'm supposed to be disgusted by and I end up laughing at and they don't realize that, like half the country thinks it's funny. Well, you think it's just the end of democracy, you know, for better or worse. And then the other thing mentioned this earlier, I had forgotten until I read the political news letter from Mark Alpern today. The Harris Walls ticket is easily the most liberal ticket in US history.
Speaker 2: They're so far out of the mainstream.
Speaker 4: And I had forgotten that because I don't think the Trump people are hammering it enough that should be like the only message. I should be so like drenched in that talking point that I couldn't forget it because it's something.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you had the.
Speaker 4: Most conservative ticket in US history, you'd be hearing about it all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And while I do Trump, I think Trump is funny on one level.
Speaker 1: When I hear him on lisha line like that, I hear the election being lost. I can't appreciate the humor because he's not hammering what he should be hammering. He's saying things that are alienating suburban women for no gain. Anybody who's amused by that line of attack on Harris has voted for him since twenty sixteen and will vote for him if he runs at the age of one hundred and thirty fifty years from now.
Speaker 2: So it does nobody any good.
Speaker 1: It's going to lose the freaking election, and we're going to have more teachers proselytizing toward little boys that they ought to be little girls, and vice versa, and the rest of the disgusting rot from the critical theory crowd.
Speaker 4: I doubt Trump's going to live to be one hundred and fifty, but uh, Jimmy Carter lived to be one hundred today, oldest living president we've ever had. He'd already set that record a couple of years ago, beating John Adams. But Jimmy Carter president when I was a kid one hundred years old today. Not in the best health, I guess, but most people aren't when they're a hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's miraculous he's held on as long as he has after his bounce with brain cancer.
Speaker 4: A different topic, we've been talking a lot about US officials say Iran is gonna launch a ballistic missile attack against Israel. We know it's coming, it's just a matter of when. So that's a heck of an interesting story. If you didn't catch our conversation with Mike Lyons about that, get the hour three of the podcast to Armstrong and getting on demand. But a number of people texted this Rashashana begins Wednesday night at sundown. I would expect Iran to use the opportunity of a major Jewish holiday to launch an attack they have many times in the past, because a lot of your Jewish fighters actually followed those strict rules, as we learned on October seventh, and weren't available to fight back, which seems crazy.
Speaker 2: It is crazy.
Speaker 4: And when did you say Rasha Shana starts a number of people attack. I don't actually know, but a number of people texted that it's sundown tonight, tomorrow night, Wednesday night, or whenever that hits on that side of a planet.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'd be an odd thing to lie about. Thank you for the information.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a feeling something truly historical maybe about to happen.
Speaker 4: Well, a number of truly historical things have happened in the last couple of weeks. But yeah, this could be a yeah, a big one, really a big one.
Speaker 1: What does the weak, feckless Iran baiting or Biden administration save Israel?
Speaker 2: Goes big?
Speaker 1: I've just despised their foreign policy so far, so I'm prepared to be angered and disappointed again.
Speaker 4: But who's making the decision? At crunch time. He's not always okay. Sometimes I think he probably is, but you know, sometimes he's not well.
Speaker 1: And blinkoln and Sullivan for instance, And I suspect they are at the top of the food chain and foreign policy they can browbeat or confuse an old man into going along with their plans. I'm sure they can.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I based on what I know, I think I like Anthony Blincoln's foreign policy better than Joe Biden's. So if he's taking the reins and I think that's better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe, speaking of foreign entanglements, Tim Wall's serial resume pattern debating JD. Vance tonight, I'm hoping the old coach gets sent back to Beijing. He claimed he was in Hong Kong during the Tianmen massacre Tienman's Square massacre, and then went into China. But now contemporary accounts and newspaper articles and pictures say no, he was home in Nebraska. He wasn't in China at all during the tian Men Square massacre.
Speaker 5: So mind your own damn business.
Speaker 4: He didn't go dozens of times like he's been claiming his whole life to China, which is a weird brag. But he did go fifteen times. They think they can. They they've nailed down, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: He said thirty times repeatedly, So in other words, he doubled it for some reason.
Speaker 4: I don't care about that so much, I guess. But who's old coach football coach in small town Middle America constantly.
Speaker 2: Went to China. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know anybody who'd ever been to China as from a small town Midwest school, not.
Speaker 2: One person, let alone. You know, Coach Walls.
Speaker 4: He's going to China again this weekend like he always does. Poiser loves China, doesn't he? I mean, because fifteen times is a lot. It's not as many as thirty, but it's a lot.
Speaker 5: Mind your own damn business.
Speaker 2: Why are you constantly in China, Coach?
Speaker 5: Mind your own damn business.
Speaker 1: This may or may not bear the bitter fruit of communism. Internal DHS group. This is the Department of Homeland Security. They have documents on Tim Waltz's China ties, according to a whistleblower, and the House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer is sending us a pen of the DHS for intelligence reports on Waltz's ties to China and records from an internal Microsoft teams group chat with information about walls. It's sounds like a great whisper campaign to discredit the man.
Speaker 2: There could be fruit there though. I mean, as you point out.
Speaker 1: What a good old fashioned Midwestern football coach, regular guy going to China every damn chance he gets. Now, it's a fascinating place. Maybe he just liked it.
Speaker 2: He talked there for a cup of Chinese tea, herbal.
Speaker 4: Tea he liked really authentic sweet and sour pork.
Speaker 1: Or he's got, you know, ties to China. Is what's the term a communist agent?
Speaker 2: Nobody knows for sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if he if you found a card in his wallet that said member of the Communist Party, it would make any difference. People are going to vote for Trump or not. And that's the way it's going for like ten years. Now.
Speaker 2: Can we stop wasting our time? We probably should.
Speaker 4: I don't think any of the election moves the need other than you can Trump or like him or not the end. Is there an audience for the debate tonight?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I saw the figures from recent vice presidential debates.
Speaker 2: It'll be tens of millions.
Speaker 4: Wow, so no fact checking and an audience that's an opportunity to land some exciting I don't think they're going to change the election, but exciting things. I mean where you say something in the.
Speaker 2: Crowd ooh or yay, or.
Speaker 4: You know that sort of thing that happens usually stacked to the benefit of the Democrat, and Walls is pretty good with that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's capable for sure. JD's sharp though, too. That's why I'm kind of looking forward to it. They are a couple of pretty skilled pugilists. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hope Jadvans can come off as smart as opposed to just mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think he will. He's a quick study.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm looking back at at president and vice presidential debates past. I mean, come, Harris acquitted herself fine with Mike Pence.
Speaker 4: Probably didn't change a single boat in America.
Speaker 1: No, and no event involving Mike Pence is going to be anything but blandly earnest. I think these two guys will exchange blows cool. I just hope hijin Ping calls Walls and tells him, hey, I'm down with the socialism stuff, but handing out tampons to dudes.
Speaker 2: That's just weird. Do you want to talk about weird? That's weird. You got to cut it out, man, You can give us a bad name.
Speaker 4: You want to talk about weird? Now, that's weird. China has got to be thinking that. And most little boys.
Speaker 1: Don't need tampons to him, He had no use for him unless they get a bloody nose.
Speaker 2: Then give him one before we take a break.
Speaker 4: I came across somebody I want docks just because I want to know about him.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 4: Saw this picture in the some publication yesterday with the headline being Taylor Swift has skipped two Chiefs games in a row, and there's some speculation that there's trouble in the relationship.
Speaker 2: Or whatever, there's a falling out.
Speaker 4: Yes, clearly she's saying that security has become impossible, that if it's not a home game, she just can't go that. I could believe one hundred percent. Yes, that's just become such a pain in the ass. Anyway, So the picture they had with this unimportant article was somebody holding a sign that said go Taylor's boyfriend, and it's some youngish woman. That's fine, But then next to her. You got this guy who looks like he's forty eight, looks like just a regular guy, could be a long sharman on strike, holding a sign that says, where's Taylor?
Speaker 2: I want him? Dust? I want to know what is with you? Regular dude?
Speaker 4: You took the time to get a giant piece of white cardboard and all the different colored magic markers so you could write out where's Taylor with a heart.
Speaker 2: For the A and took to the football game. What is your story?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Is he that desperate to be on TV? Is that's gotta be it? That's gotta be it. I'll give him a tiny pass for it.
Speaker 4: You just, for some reason wanted to be on TV because you can't possibly care enough to have raptened this sign and gone to the football game.
Speaker 1: And as a grown ass American man, Oh, wouldn't it be more dignified to go rob a liquor store without a mask on?
Speaker 2: See her face? It beyond evening TV?
Speaker 4: Oh, steal lunch money from disabled kids? Come on something with more dignity than this.
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow, I just thought it was sad? Got it?
Speaker 4: One thing I would not want plastered on the in the New York Post is me holding a ware's tailor's sign.
Speaker 1: Oh, that reminds me the Babylon b is going just absolutely hammer and tongs at Gavin Newsom and the anti parody laws that Gavin is trying to get going and just begging him for a fight.
Speaker 2: Love it, love it, love it cool. We can get to that coming up.
Speaker 4: Also, it's the anniversary the thirty year anniversary of a consequential pop music.
Speaker 2: Album, among other things on the way, stay.
Speaker 6: Tuned, Armstrong, Hetty, as though traveling to a whole nother place and time.
Speaker 2: We recently watched.
Speaker 7: Weezer delight a nostalgia crowd at Madison Square Garden, playing every song in order from its debut album as part of its Voyage to the Blue Planet tour.
Speaker 4: So Weezer is back as nineties nostalgia has hit a real peak which will last for quite a while with I'm old enough to have lived through seventies nostalgia, eighties nostalgia, and now nineties nostalgia is really really hot thing. But the Blue Album from Weezer came out thirty years ago sold gazillions of copies.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that's not correct. It came out eight years ago. I'm not thirty, not thirty.
Speaker 2: They're a new band.
Speaker 1: Jack, They're not a classic rock They're a new band.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I was just watching the pretty haired anchor up on CBS News say that can't be true. He looks to be about forty eight or something. So this came out when he was a high schooler and he is like, no freaking.
Speaker 2: Way, yeah, buddy, trust me, we know.
Speaker 4: Anyway, their tour and doing the whole Blue Album in order, which I might take the kids to because they like that music and it'd be fun. They look like us now because they're thirty years older than they used to be. But it's funny how that goes. Yeah, not much you can do about that.
Speaker 2: Wow, not really, no Ah.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna start with the funny part then get into the significant part.
Speaker 2: So the folks at the.
Speaker 1: Babylon b who are a national treasure, have sued Gavy Newsome over this new anti misinformation disinformation law, which they're characterizing as an anti parody law. But this is one of my favorite exhibits. This is from part of the lawsuit. It is a photoshopped picture an AI picture of Donald Trump making a speech, crowd flags behind him, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And they're right on his shoulder.
Speaker 1: Is Taylor Swift holding a sign that says yay Trump. I don't know why it's more funny that it says Trump and not Trump, but it says yay Trump, implying that in fact.
Speaker 2: It may actually say on the illustration.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, Taylor Swift has endorsed Donald Trump in this new real photo from a campaign to dad.
Speaker 4: Oh, they just wanted to make it one extra level of ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: And one of the actual little paragraphs in the suit says it is likewise unclear if the digitally altered image below, which depicts Taylor Swift endorsing Donald Trump, violates AB twenty eight thirty nine or ABE twenty six fifty five by harming a candidate's quote electoral prospects, undermining quote confidence in the election, or violating some other clause, because that's the verbiage in the law. So dumb, yeah, but's so brilliant. Does the official want to attack it in that way?
Speaker 4: Does the official ad from Kamala Harris in which they play an truncated clip of Donald Trump saying blood in the streets? How does that not meet this definition? That's misleading to the point of damaging a candidate. That's that's from the official Harris campaign. That's that some crazy meme or AI right right, it's absolutely true. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Babylon BFI lawsuit Monday challenging California's anti satire laws, saying Gov. Gav is trying to take the fun out of politics. One law for bids posting or sharing online deceptive content that harms the candidate's electoral prospects ahead of an election, while in other social media companies to police their platforms for anything that would run a foul of the new standard. Those who want to practice political satire must attach a sort of product warning label, which the visas effectively destroys the point of the satire.
Speaker 2: Jack, I think you have single handedly won the case. Did you?
Speaker 4: Are you trying, Gavin Newsom to outlaw deceptive political ads?
Speaker 2: Hum, I'll be darned what. It's so idiotic.
Speaker 1: I feel unmotivated to try to refute it. It's are you kidding? They must just think, well, all right, we're going to pass this. It'll confuse or frighten people into holding back through this election cycle. Then, in the style of Joe Biden, the courts will say what you're doing is blatantly unconstitutional and evil. You're gonna stop today, and you'll have done what you set out to do. You'll have influenced an election cycle.
Speaker 4: Gotden living in California where you got the prop system and all the misleading prop ads and titles and everything around it?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Show me some California politics that isn't dishonest.
Speaker 4: You like the Manning cast thing right where Eli and Peyton watch a football game and you listen to them talking about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Monday night football.
Speaker 5: So Trump?
Speaker 4: So Trump announced he's going to do a similar thing for the debate tonight. Oh no, He's going to do a personal play by play coverage of the debate in real time.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, one more thing to record? Ah God, can it get any more of sir?
Speaker 2: E Wow?
Speaker 1: So Jack, I'm just going to dive into this. I'm still giggling about Yay Trump. By the way, the fake Taylor Swift endorsement. The Babylon b is suing Gavy Newsom over his flamingly anti First Amendment anti parody launch. One of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. But I'm just gonna I'm gonna read some of this from Tom Ferriless.
Speaker 2: He's a journalist.
Speaker 1: He follows immigration and budgets and that sort of thing, and jump in any time you want, interrupt, anytime you want. All of us who are of grown age, little gray hair whatever, we've been around, have been listening to the dishonesty around the illegal immigration discussion now for decades, and there is new serious, in depth research on the budgetary effect of immigration, legal and especially illegal, because there's so much illegal immigration.
Speaker 4: You remember the first the first like spin lie that I remember of around illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: Was do you want a tomato to cost ten dollars?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, love, as if there's just no way to have tomatoes on earth unless you have illegal immigration.
Speaker 1: And I think back, yeah, who's going to pick your lettuce? I think we are just in California at that point as a show. And our answer was always somebody or nobody or a machine. It'll be fine, We'll go let us free. I'll grow my own. There's no reason I open up the damn border. What kind of argument is that?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: People have soft heads? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Among the benefits, economists often say immigration brings to aging Western countries is a healthier public purse. Having more immigrants expands to the supply of young, productive workers to pay the taxes that finance the pensions and healthcare of the elderly, the argument goes. New research shows the fiscal impact of immigration is not that simple. The fiscal benefits are clear for high skilled immigrants, but less so and possibly even negative for the lower skilled. According to some studies. This is one of those studies of very thorough to be sure, fiscal effects aren't the only consideration the current debate over immigration. Other factors include the role of immigrants in reliving or relieving labor shortages.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna dismember your chickens? You want chickens to be a million.
Speaker 1: Bucksna dismember your chickens. That's what they do, right, Yeah, Yeah, that's the reality.
Speaker 4: That's a fun job. That's what you do with your humanities degree. I just remember, chickens. Leg goes this way, the head goes the other.
Speaker 1: Let's see also countering population decline, which is back to propping up the social services or altering the existing character of the communities where they settle.
Speaker 2: We're allowed to talk about that now. Oh, I thought you were a.
Speaker 1: Racist if you said, have the kids speak Spanish at the schools, and the schools can't teach anymore. Funny how those things change, isn't it? When I don't know, Martha's vineyard gets here with a bunch of illegals.
Speaker 2: Plus they got my cat on a barbecue.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, the fiscal effects have drawn more attention as migration reaches record levels in the US in Europe, a plurality of US voters, forty four percent believe immigrants make the tax situation worse. Eighteen percent believe they make it better. Wow, which is really.
Speaker 2: Interesting in that.
Speaker 1: And it's funny that polls they always give, you know, forty four percent believe this, but they don't mention. Only eighteen percent believe otherwise. Right, And there are what would that be thirty eight percent who either don't know or undecided or said good, jail off my lawn. That's from Gallup in fact and aggregate the recent surgeon, immigrants will reduce the federal deficit. According to the Congressional Budget Office, it's mostly your higher skilled migrants have a bigger effect than lower skilled migrants, although it said an increase in less educated workers would also trigger stronger wage growth for more edud people needed to work with them, So it's very very imbalanced.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Low skilled immigrants, many claiming asylum, make up an unusually large share of recent arrivals on both sides of the Atlantic, and the CBO didn't estimate the impact of the surge on state and local budgets hello, but said it expected.
Speaker 2: Those costs to outweigh the revenues.
Speaker 4: Ah, Okay, that's where yeah, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, because you look at the way local and state coffers are filled. There are plenty of states with significant income taxes, I guess, and theoretically even low skilled immigrants who are not working for under the table wages would be supporting that. But they're not paying property taxes, and in many cases they are working under the table so they're not paying payroll taxes. But anyway, yeah, it hammers the states and local guys. And then, to make it even more complicated, regardless of background, people, what they pay in taxes and consuming government services varies over their life time. Before adulthood, they benefit from education, health services because they're not working and paying taxes. Once they enter the workforce, they start contributing more in taxes, and then they consuming state services, and as they retire, they stop earning, draw heavily on government benefits and consume more health care and more healthcare and social welfare. So it's a bit of both, depends if you're talking state or local or federal. And one interesting aspect of this is if you agree and you have to that it takes multiple young workers to support a single retiree, particularly given the sky high cost of medical care. We've just imported eleven million, mostly young, low skilled people who will not be much of a tax.
Speaker 2: Burden for a while.
Speaker 1: When that eleven million are old, we got to import another thirty million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I want to jump in with the breaking news. Iran has started their attack on Israel or ready, oh boy, two and forty missiles at four targets. I'm just reading the up on the television.
Speaker 2: It's just out of curiosity.
Speaker 1: If we've waited ten seconds to get to that news, wouldn't that have altered the fabric of.
Speaker 2: This is a pretty big deal?
Speaker 4: Though, This is a pretty big deal. Iran launches retaliatory missile strikes in response to Israel attack. And we've been talking about it since we came on the air this morning. White House officials saying ballistic missiles they're expecting. And we talked to Mike Lions earlier, who really thinks we're gonna get drawn into it. I'm looking at the video right now, and it is. If you've ever seen the Iron Dome when it's doing its thing, it's quite the it's quite the fireworks show. And that's what they're showing right now on the television, the Iron Dome not actually being a dome made of iron. It's over Israel. It's just the idea that you've got dis missile defense system that can intercept practically anything coming its way, and they all explode up in the sky, so it looks like a fireworks show.
Speaker 2: It's a metaphree, you see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me get to the right channel, Michael, then maybe we can just bring that up because I would I wouldn't mind hearing a little bit that some of them are landing. You say, Anton, look like they're getting through WHI channe am I on there? Okay, ABC, can you bring up the audio on ABC? I'd like to hear a little bit of this. Ian panels. There a lot of lights.
Speaker 8: In the air.
Speaker 9: Now, what's unclear is whether these are ballistic missiles. We believe Iran has fired over one hundred ballistic missiles. We certainly know that the Iron Dome and other air defenses are in operation.
Speaker 2: And this is happening right as we speak.
Speaker 9: A nationwide emergency alert to all Israelis to shelter all our colleagues, people with friends and family are all hiding now basically in bunkers, many people in their homes. They have to kind of makeshift shelters, and everyone is now underground. This came shortly after a terrorist attack in Israel. We're told that this is possibly the first of four wave of attacks. Now this is almost If the two hundred and fifty figure is right, that's almost double the size of the attack that took place in April, remember Iran attacking At that time, we suspected that there would be attacked, But.
Speaker 2: This is significantly larger.
Speaker 9: Israel has warned all of its citizens to take all precautions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so we will keep our eye on that significantly larger attack than the one back in April, which was described as most people as a very large attack.
Speaker 1: How in the world does Ian panel for all of his awesome skills as a reporter and digger for fact, how does he know that they're expecting four waves?
Speaker 4: I don't know. That's is that some of the information that's coming out of the White House, Because it started with unnamed sources from the White House saying we know Iran is about to attack, which turned out to be what was that two hours before the attack began.
Speaker 1: And a senior White House official said the US would help defend Israel and warned that direct attack against Israel, quote, we'll carry severe consequences for Iran. But what does that mean with the Biden administration? Are you going to sanction their t cozy industry or.
Speaker 4: Well, the severe sanctions might come from the Israeli military because they are very well armed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, overalls over Jerusalem, over one hundred ballistic missiles, and I don't know if they shot them all down.
Speaker 4: We probably won't know for a while if what got through. Man, uh, this could be uh. Joe earlier said if you didn't hear it, that this could be some serious history. You're making stuff happening over the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Certainly eight is going to take on a new tone tonight. The veeps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I like Vance's Oh that one looked like it got through Looking at Tel Aviv, I like Vance's chances better in this debate in terms of public opinion being on his side depending on what Walls says.
Speaker 1: How afraid is Walls of appearing too hard on the the Arab folks for his coalition there in Detroit? How cautious will he be a Kamala has been much more forthcoming with support for Israel lately. I think they've figured out they were doing themselves more harm than good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she always does, though she always does the having nobody ever has a follow up, so she always gets away with having completely one hundred and eighty degree apart responses. Israel has the right to defend itself when we support Israel and everything they do, but a ceasefire must happen. Now, oh wait a second, you kind of jerk my head around there.
Speaker 8: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're defending themselves by fighting Hesba law. So yeah, it's nonsensical. They're trying to have it both ways. It's just dopey politics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll try to dig up any latest information on this from a print media and that sort of thing, and we'll be back in a little bit and stay here.
Speaker 2: We are in uncharted territory.
Speaker 8: But we can just tell you that tonight Israel is under attack from Iran. Multiple ballistic missiles, up to one hundred, according to initial reports, were just fired at this country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is happening as we are on the air. Maybe you're catching this later, but this is how it's beginning a massive attack on Israel. This is an act of war, says the Open Source Intelligence.
Speaker 2: Twitter feed.
Speaker 4: And also they retweet Jim Skuto of CNN missile or missile fragment impacts downtown Tel Aviv with a picture, so at least something got through the Iron Dome. Martha Ratt it's up on ABC, said if there are any people heard or killed, or any major infrastructure damage, Israel is going to respond heavily. The voice thought, as interesting that. You know, the big Kui can swing hit me and swing at me and swing at me. As long as he misses, I keep it cool. But if he actually hits me, even though he's trying to hit me, then I retaliated. I don't quite get that.
Speaker 2: I think that era is over for Israel.
Speaker 1: They indicated it with the way they took out Hezbolah using capabilities they've had for a long time, but I haven't used.
Speaker 2: I think we're going to see a very different scene today.
Speaker 4: This started with White House officials saying in an attack from Iran was imminent. Turned out they were completely right, and we asked Mike Lyons about that earlier in the show and we thought his response was interesting.
Speaker 10: I'm going to be a little cycle here and this is sounding like an Israeli idf op. Why would the White House announce this? Why I'm not following this on some level, Why would the Why would they come out and say the level of attack is going to be that?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 10: I just don't understand it. It's almost to the point are they trying to Maybe they're prepping forces there, but this is something that they should be somewhat silent about. Is this a back channel to Iran?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 10: The senior wide of official I'm looking at the Waalster Journal article says a direct military tax from Rand against Israel will carry severe consequences for RAND. So I think that's what that's what this is. It's that level of messaging and now we're now hip deep in it. If we know this is going on, if this is what's what's happening here, this is what we're past the point of something that we're able to get out of here peacefully. This is not good on a lot of different levels. And I'm just really concerned that the United States decided to make this statement here. It might be true, it might not be true, but why the United States would put this out to me seems like something that Israel would wanted us to do, and I'm just not getting it.
Speaker 1: I think Mike Ashley touched upon the answer in his speculation as Just moments ago, the New York Times White House correspondent said President by Vice President Harris held a meeting this morning with national security officials quote to discuss Iranian plans to imminently launch a significant ballistic missile attack against Israel. They reviewed US plans to help Israel defend against the attacks and protect Americans in the region. So I think they put out the announcement just to give everybody military and civilian a heads up that hey, it's coming.
Speaker 4: So looking at Open Source Intelligence again, it's a website that's followed by I mean everybody who is in Buddy Jennifer Griffin and Mike Lyons and all those people. So they obviously believe this site for information and they get it oftentimes. First, US officials state that Israel quote absolutely retaliate, will retaliate directly against Iran. So US officials say Israel is going to directly retaliate against Iran.
Speaker 2: That's one.
Speaker 4: The other thing is between so far between two hundred and fifty and three hundred ballistic missiles been launched against Israel by ir And so this is gonna be some story to follow in. Like Joe said earlier, it's gonna be a big part of the debate.
Speaker 2: Probably tonight almost finished.
Speaker 5: Let's get ready.
Speaker 2: Final thoughts with Armstrong and Gety. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Michaelangelo are technical director, will lead the day. Michael, final thought.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm hoping for tonight at least briefly.
Speaker 8: Maybe for a moment of comedy, they bring out Jim Gaffigan as uh, you know, as Waltz.
Speaker 2: Just have him do a couple of lines at the podium.
Speaker 1: That would be odd. Katie Green has got the day off.
Speaker 4: Jack a final thought for us, Yeah, well, there's a chance this is gonna spiral into one history making couple of days or weeks or months or years, depending on how things go today. We'll keep our eye on it and have all the latest tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Our final thought, Trump is so flawed, so terribly flawed.
Speaker 2: But when it.
Speaker 1: Comes to deterring evil doers, mister I'm crazier than you is much much more appealing than ms.
Speaker 2: Let's not escalate.
Speaker 4: So you got reports of people who have been shot in the Israeli city of Jaffa. Could be completely unrelated, could be part of the plan.
Speaker 1: Well, given that Iran's proxies are busy in the region. As we've been discussing for a very long time, the word went out, Hey, when the missiles start coming, starts shooting.
Speaker 4: Wow, Armstrong in Getty rap I got another grueling for our workday.
Speaker 2: So many people think, so little time.
Speaker 1: Go to armstrong a getty dot com a lot of good clicks for you. Join us tomorrow. We will bring you the highlights and low lights of a the history making more and the exciting vice presidential debate.
Speaker 2: See tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and Getty.
Speaker 7: This has to stop, and it has to stop like the day before yesterday.
Speaker 2: It is a painful moment we get that. Yeah, absolutely, are you sure? Oh dead sure, so let's go with a bang.
Speaker 4: He had an odd haircut throughout most of his career too. He had a haircut of like a bowl haircut, the Prince Valiant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christ Jenner right right, At least Pete stated, dude, anyway
Speaker 5: Thanks you all very much, Armstrong and Getty