Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The media has brought bought into this industry, canard this mythology that we're Jesus anymore autism because we're noticing it more, we're better recognizing it, or there's been changing diagnostic criteria. There is study after study in the scientific literature going back decades it says that's not true.
Speaker 1: In fact, California.
Speaker 2: Legislator in twenty thirteen asked the Mind Institute of you See Davis to look exactly at that topic. They said, is it real or we justn't noticing it more? And the Mind Institute came back and said, absolutely, this is a real epidemic.
Speaker 1: This is something we've never seen before.
Speaker 3: It occurs to me something I was saying the other day about this to researchers I know who work at the Mind to Institute that he was quoting right there where people somebody brought it up.
Speaker 1: We were at dinner.
Speaker 3: The idea, well, they just they just it's always been around, just noticing more and they got like angry at that suggestion. You know, I just feel like intuitively, I mean, I've known lots of families my whole life, as you have, and they didn't all have one kid who has clearly.
Speaker 1: Had a certain thing. Right. Yeah, Yeah, it's undeniable that diagnosis and awareness have increased. But as I said the other day, is that five percent of their eyes fifty percent of it? How much? I agree completely? And if there were a shadow of a doubt as to whether it's on the increased autism and related problems, yeah, it's it's a humanitarian crisis that ought to be an enormously high priority in my opinion. Anyway, a couple of things on the way this hour. We'll try to squeez him in this hour. If not, we'll you know, do one in hour four. Partly because it's Friday and night. Just don't feel like substance all day long. Just let's have a little fun. Number One, Science has come up with the formula for having the perfect day.
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect, I'm gonna write this down.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. You don't need to think about it, you don't need to meditate, pray.
Speaker 3: Science will tell you how to have the perfect day before you go to work or before you go to bed somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, well it's funny they don't touch on that. And also a list of some of them fairly recently declassified unbelievable operations the CIA has carried out through the years just for fun. You've heard of Castro's exploding cigar plays. That's just the beginning. All sorts of good stuff. But first, before your dessert, perhaps a delicious marshmallow peep. So we're discussing last hour. You you it's a delicious treat and it's Easter Jack. Anyway, Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Heard that tone of voice, like I'm not being reverent toward the Lord and Savior if I don't like beeps. That makes sense?
Speaker 1: Is that what you took from my tone? I'm so sorry. Anyway, I wanted to get through this just because I found it so enlightening and interesting, and I think you will too. Talking about Medicaid just just briefly, and I came across this headline, the six hundred billion dollar Medicaid maneuver on the chopping block. Republican budget cutters are are looking at cutting this and this is interesting in itself, but it also points out how so many of these gigantic government expenditures are built to be exploited in ways we and the public never hear about, or the super smart people figure out how to exploit them in ways that were never intended. Here you go. An obscure set of state taxes on hospitals and other health providers is in the crosshairs of congressional budget cutters because it can lead to higher federal spending on Medicaid. It's they're known as provider taxes. States impose them on hospitals, nursing homes, and other facilities that provide healthcare. The taxes boost the state's budget for funding Medicaid, and then they spend it on Medicaid, which in turn attracts more matching federal dollars to fund the program, money that is ultimately directed back to the hospitals and clinics. So it's like this perpetual motion taxation and grant machine so that they can artificially inflate spending so they can spend more and the hospitals and clinics get it back anyway. But it's the taxpayers who end up paying for this loaded, you know, steroid fed spending.
Speaker 3: As I've said many times, I would like to run an experiment where I lived my life over and starting it. Like the age of eighteen out of high school. I just dedicated my life to trying to figure out how to gain the system to get tax payer mooney.
Speaker 1: Because there's a lot of people that do that.
Speaker 3: There's so much money sloshing around, there's so many opportunities to figure out a way to get chunks of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and putting aside except for this brief mention, the fact that our entire healthcare system is built on lies and fraud, in that the compensation rates for doctors and hospitals and all for Medicaid patients and Medicare patients and are artificially crazy low because politically they don't want to raise taxes enough to actually pay for this, So people with private insurance or paying cash pay exorbitant rates for healthcare to support the government scam. Anyway, that's enough of that. The state governors and legislators despise this idea because hospitals often ten to get back more in payments than they shelled out for the original tax, which shows up their ability to care for Medicaid patients who normally they'd say, we're not seeing these people and getting paid eleven cents on the dollar to treat their broken lag or whatever. And then the governor say, well, wait, wait, wait, how about this backchannel of funds will tax you and then give you back a dollar thirty for every dollar in tax you pay. So anyway, not to you know, borrior, make your head spin. But all of this stuff is just so so corrupt. Where there's money slashing around, there is corruption. But that's kind of just lead up to this story. The moral case for reforming medicare. This is from the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal. Republicans in Congress are they passed the budget outline last week. That's an ongoing fight, will be for a long time. We haven't talked much about it, but I wanted to mention this. It's a once in a generation chance to reform the government, but it will be squandered if the GOP shrinks from difficult policy fights. Exhibit A is Medicaid, the fast growing entitlement that now spends more than eight hundred and fifty billion dollars a year while delivering subpar healthcare for the poor. And the left in the press are trying to intimidate the GOP from addressing the program's failures, saying that they're trying to cut it and get rid of it, and people will die in the streets. Now, medic I'm paraphrasing.
Speaker 3: Medicaid is the one that studies have shown you have worse outcomes than if you didn't get involved at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some studies have showed that. Yeah, But Republicans can win the medicaid argument if they understand how the program has gone wrong and make the case, make their case in the moral terms it deserves. Here's here's the important part. New research and pulling on Medicaid work requirements help to clarify the stakes. More than six in ten able bodied adults on Medicaid reported no earned income, according to report from the Foundation for Government Accountability of think tank, and six and ten able bodied adults on Medicaid get no income. Voters tend to think of Medicaid as a safety net for low income, pregnant women and disabled Americans, which is how it started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not been that for so long, as our friend Craig has pointed out over and over again. It's amazing its reputation lives on for its original intended purpose.
Speaker 1: But Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act expanded the program into a permanent titlement for childless men in prime working age. Wow. Also worth mention a news seeking loser.
Speaker 3: I want this message to reach those of you who are able bodied and don't work and live off the government.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: I despise you. You're pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself. All your friends should be ashamed of you. Nobody should be friends with you.
Speaker 1: Wow. That's very judgmental.
Speaker 3: Damn right it is. We need more shame. You should be ashamed of the fact that you live off people that go to work. Can I get memen shame or a shame? Yes, thank you, thank you shame bell lady. Also worth mentioning that Gaviy Newsom of cal Unicorny is desperately trying to borrow billions of dollars to pay for the state's callicade or whatever it's called, because he has extended so many billions of dollars of care to illegal immigrants. Remember Joe Wilson when Barack Obama said this will not go to pay for illegal immigrants. Wilson said, you lie, which may have been inappropriate and rude at the time.
Speaker 1: What was true. He was absolutely right. Anyway, Democrats claim those on Medicaid or working, you'll hear statistics like this one from the Kaiser Family Foundation. Ninety two percent of able bodied medicaid adults under age sixty five worked fuller, part time, or were indisposed for a good reason, such as caring for a relative or attending school. But that figure is derived from government survey data, which are self reported and rely on sample sizes as small as a few dozen people FGA. The think tank I studied earlier, by contrast, obtained administrative records from state medicaid agencies in twenty three states a far more complete picture of earnings for nearly twenty one million able bodied adults on Medicaid. It found that millions are declining to work at all, which of course is terrible for the country economically, culturally, in all sorts of ways, Democrats invariably paint this ordering Americans back to work is indentured servitude unfair. But the GOP's proposed Medicaid work requirements back in twenty twenty three were extremely modest twenty hours a week, which could include training for a job or volunteering at your local library. Just do something or and Democrats portray that as some sort of you were sending them into the salt mines to be whipped.
Speaker 3: Right, And you probably only need to claim that you're volunteering at the library, don't need to actually show up and doing you volunteering.
Speaker 1: So and and Republicans, by the way, and their cruel plan offered exemptions for nearly anyone with applausible reason, pregnant, have children, caring for an incapacitated relative, You're exempt. Got a doctor's note saying you're unfit for exempt, you're enrolled in school, getting help for drug or alcohol abuse, Okay, you're exempt. That was the cruel Draconian.
Speaker 3: Are so much more socialists than people realize. It reminds me of when I couldn't couldn't get any childcare. None of these people that I would, you know, contact on these various websites to try to connect you with people who want to be sitters. They would never never call me back or show up or whatever. And somebody explained to me, how, no, no, no, no, that those sites are for you can show that you're making the effort to look for a job so you can stay on your government benefits because they actually are going to.
Speaker 1: Take the job. Yeah, oh wow. So coming up Science tells you how to have the perfect day and wacky CIA schemes through his I guarantee you will be amused and amazed.
Speaker 3: And one of my favorite headlines I've seen recently, do you know child star Hailey Joe Osmond? He was a kid from six cents who said I See dead people. He had a rough week, good headline for the New York Post.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: Thanks to massive new proposed budget cuts and Health and Human Services, the FDA may have to stop routine inspections at food facilities, so look out for exciting new products like Tyson's tangy buffalo beaks and thumbs. Yeah enough sauce, you'll never.
Speaker 3: Know bees and thumb thumbs chicken thumbs. Do you know who Hailey Joel Osmond Is?
Speaker 1: I'd heard name.
Speaker 3: I knew was somebody when I saw the picture. Oh yeah, so he was the kid in the sixth cent Sense with Bruce Willis. He's a little kid says I See dead people. So he's a child star. Child stars have a history of their lives not going that well. It's a shocking to Joe and I and always has been that people continue to try to get their kids to become stars, even though like ninety five percent of the time they end up in jailer dead like at a young age, no.
Speaker 1: Matter no matter what is offered, no matter how it gratifies your ego or the child's don't don't don't, which I used to think was primarily the whole.
Speaker 3: Being rich and famous things such a you know, a swirl of ugliness to get caught into. That was before Harvey Weinstein, and you know, we realize the underbelly of Hollywood. I mean it's worse than that. I mean, you don't need to just throw money and fame at a kid to have their lives be ruined.
Speaker 1: They're surrounded by awful, awful people their whole lives.
Speaker 3: They're going to abuse them.
Speaker 1: Add some attention and flattery to that and becoming addicted to the attention with even without the molesters and all. It's just it's a terrible idea.
Speaker 3: Haley Joel Osmond I see Dead People's now thirty seven years old, and he had a rough goal of it at the ski slopes Mammoth Lakes where I've been in California. The other day This is not a good headline, Haley. Joel Osmond hurls Jewish slurs at cops, almost loses pants and arrest video.
Speaker 1: I hate to almost lose your pants while hurling, you know, anti Semitic slurs at law enforcement.
Speaker 3: Almost loses pants?
Speaker 1: How does that happen?
Speaker 3: He called an officer an anti Semitic slur and a Nazi while he was being arrested for public intoxication, which I kind of assumed that. Yeah, anti Semitic slurt and Nazi.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: You gotta pick one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, confusing, really confusing. You get you to have a theme and you gotta stick with you gotta build a narrative. You're not building a narrative here, although Jews across America have kind of getten used to this. You're the Nazis further Israel.
Speaker 3: So you had assumed the intoxication, Yeah, yeah, I assume that was a factor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was taken into police custody at Lakes, California, after law enforcement received a call shortly before two pm for an alleged intoxicated person at Mammoth Mountain Resort. Now, I'm guessing you have to be pretty darn intoxicated for somebody called the cops on you at a ski resort because there are quite a few people there that are drunk, uh, you know, late late morning, early afternoon at a.
Speaker 1: Indoor stoned or whatever. Yes, that was the plan. That's why we're here, That's.
Speaker 3: Why I went.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In body Cambridge bodycam footage, which The New York Post has looked at, Osmond called a police officer an antivis Semitic slur and a Nazi. As we mentioned, at one point he shouted, I've been kidnapped by an effing Nazi. He also claimed he was what a night merce scenario.
Speaker 1: I mean, not only have you been abducted against your will, but it turns out to be a member of the National Socialist Party. He's perpetrated the crime.
Speaker 3: What a nightmare scenario in a beautiful afternoon. He also claimed he was being attacked and accused officers of torturing me. In the video, Ozma was her telling police you're effing with my life. Is also caught on camera saying officers, you'll wish you treated me nicer, which is a.
Speaker 1: Version of do you know who I am? I see people which.
Speaker 3: Were big fans of you're gonna see a lawyer soon, so you'll wish you treated me nicer. I'm a former child star, don't you know?
Speaker 1: That? Is what he's sort of saying.
Speaker 3: I was decent to you, and you're effing you're an effing kike.
Speaker 1: It looks like is what he said. Yes, yes, terrible, I'm an old timey Jewish s Yeah, hard to imagine thinking that was appropriate in this scenario. And calling him a Nazi again, but again, if you're being abducted by national socialists, you're gonna be rattled. You're gonna say things you don't mean.
Speaker 3: Anyway, He's apologized and is embarrassed by his behavior, and he is looking at going to rehab and all the things that these sorts of people always do to try to get out of trouble with very expensive lawyers.
Speaker 1: Probably well, I wish him well. I hope he gets clean and has a long, happy life. Again, almost lost his pants, didn't lose his pants? Almost lost his pants? How to have the perfect day, according to Science and the CIA's Wild History. Next half hour, don't miss it, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: What's the proper thing to say? I want to say? The proper thing do you say happy good Friday.
Speaker 1: I do not. I never have.
Speaker 3: I think, even like very solid Christians say happy good Friday.
Speaker 1: Don't. Oh yeah I don't. I'm just saying I don't and take you know, quite in contrast to the completely phony. If I'm offended, I'm right culture of universities. I've always believed in Hey, if somebody means it as a kind and friendly greeting, take it that way. Sure of course, Yeah, it was the day that Jesus was tortured to death on the cross and killed. But yeah, if somebody says happy good Friday, take it in the spirit it's intended. I just tend not to. But anyway, best wishes and a most respectful good Friday and Easter weekend to all of our friends. So how to have a perfect day according to science? I just I wanted to mention this real quickly. Had a conversation yesterday, actually had a couple in a row last couple of days with a young man. Brief bit of background, My sweet wife and I are expanding our back patio, so we have some screened in place to hang out when the bugs are bad and it's we're on a gentle slope and so it's kind of high off the ground and it's supported by bricks. It's a brick house anyway, and so there's got to be a pretty substantial foundation poard to support all the bricks and cinder blocks and stuff to build up to the level of the patio anyway. So the foundation people have been in our backyard now for several days doing what they do, which includes digging rather a deep ditch and then this incredibly complex web of rebar bent to custom shapes and then cinder blocks in a particular pattern. And I've been asking the guys the foreman because oddly enough, Jack, a number of the fellows involved don't speak English, but uh, the foreman Yeah, I know, it's crazy, but the foreman do. And French exactly. They're all Frenchmen. They're all working like crazy, and they're berets, smoking their smelly cigarettes. It's wonderful to watch.
Speaker 3: And they're tight striped shirts like Pablo exactly.
Speaker 1: Anyway. But No, in talking to these guys, it is absolutely striking a how much they like what they do, and b because I'm fascinated by it, and I think they like that they're proud of what they do. Absolutely they're very bright, very conscientious, and and and actually kind of charming too because they're so you know, enthusiastic about what they do and want to do a good job and pick your own path in life. And everybody needs to. And I don't judge anybody who does. You know, what they think is right, as long as you know you don't hurt anybody. But the idea that those guys are somehow lesser than somebody with some dopey degree who's in a cubicle doing something that makes them miserable is practically obscene to me. To look down on those guys, Well, it's obscene and it's just flat wrong. Even even if that's not your thing. Different people like different things. It's funny you bring this up. I got angry listening to a podcast here day. I was listening to Jonah Goldberg of The Dispatch. Maybe you see him on CNN now and then, but he grew up in New York, so he doesn't have this point of view. But he was.
Speaker 3: He was talking about manufacturing jobs coming back and everything like that, and it became very clear to me, as a guy who's lived the way he's lived, he doesn't know there are lots of people who would hang themselves if they had to live in New York City. I know tons of people who would rather be dead than live the rest of their lives in a place like New York City. And he just didn't seem to grasp it. Now, there are a lot of people that want to live in a rural, cold place and work outside. They prefer that, Like everybody I grew up with prefers that. And you know, a lot of your elite can't imagine that that's true, and so they think it's just horrible that somebody is doing certain kind of jobs in certain kind of places.
Speaker 1: That's meaning to me. Yeah, yeah, So anyway, tip of the cap to all you fellows and gals who do that sort of thing. And you're certainly respected around here. So this is really an interesting story.
Speaker 3: So much better for the country if we could break out of that, so much better for the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The whole university mill of.
Speaker 3: And it gets more expensive, and then the kids come out and they don't have anything to do anyway, and.
Speaker 1: Just the whole thing it's like a scam designed to make zillions of dollars. Huh. Anyway, and again the judgment of good, hardworking people is what makes me angry anyway. Ah so, how to have the perfect day? How what if you could engineer the perfect day, not by luck or with crystals, but actual science. That's exactly right. The University of British Columbia analyzed data from the American Time Use Survey, which recorded how thousands of people spent their time across more than one hundred activities. By comparing these patterns with whether participants rated their day is better than typical, they were able to pinpoint the building blocks of an exceptionally good day.
Speaker 3: Okay, now we're searching the I'm guessing most people are like me. They're thinking right now, what would be my perfect day.
Speaker 1: This is not some sort of mountaintop. I'm with a guru in a Paul sipping Margarita's and I have sex with a supermodel. It's not that sort of thing. It's a formula for having a great day or the BD the best day ever. And I'm gonna get to the end of this and you're gonna yell at me saying I can't don't have time for that. You're yelling at science. I represent science for the next two minutes.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna yell at science.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, that would make you a maniac. Here it is the best day ever. And we will repost this under hot links at armstrong and giddy dot com today so you can find it. Six hours with family plus two hours with friends, one and a half hours of extra socializing. Wow, so you start? Would you like to start yelling? Now? This is a lot of time with other people? Keeping in mind these things can overlap. Two hours of exercise to all it physical physical activity, one hour of eating and drinking, and less than six hours of work, indulging in only one hour of screen time, and at most of fifteen minute commute.
Speaker 3: That is happiness right there, the commute, I buy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: First of all, there aren't very many people who live a day like that, right yeah, And just the exercise alone, there are very many people who exercise.
Speaker 1: Two hours a day. Sure again, you know, I think they would include taking a walk with one of the fforementioned friends or family members, that sort of thing. Catchyard.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a loner than the average person, so that's too much time.
Speaker 1: With other people for me. But that doesn't mean that's right. And the gall wrote the follow up article to this is a single gas without family in her city, and so yeah, obviously spending six hours of family, it's going to be difficult. But you know, if you boiled it down and again, we'll post this so you can look at it again, it's about Pee Paul in the person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point. I easily spend six hours with family every day, just the way my life is structured. So I'm thinking it would be cool if like a fit bit or an Apple Watch or something like that could give you, at the end of the day how you spent your day, as opposed to just you know, steps and an average heart rate or whatever. I'll bet it'd be pretty depressing if you got to the end of like a month, do a whole month, and like you spent an average of two hours a day staring at your phone, you spent an hour watching TV that you weren't really that interested in, a sporting of it you don't care about, or a TV show you don't even really like, you spent this many hours in your car and traffic, you spent this many hours you know whatever. I'll bet it'd be pretty damn depressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the readout on me would be you spent X number of hours trying to motivate yourself to do the things you really care about, right, which is sad. I remember one of the best things you've ever brought us, I think it was you brought us this is the idea that your priorities are what you do, not what you say they are. That's a good one. Yeah. Ooh, sobering, and it's Friday. I don't want to be sober. So coming up unbelievable operations the CIA actually carried out since its birth.
Speaker 3: You spent four hours last month trying to get the password to work that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, very depressed. Yeah, it's an angering and maybe, but honestly it might make you reorder your life absolutely absolutely. Yeah, that's good stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about you? What's your perfect day? Text line four one five, two nine five KFTC. Take on some of your texts, son, what would be the perfect day? Joe just ran down scientifically what the perfect day is and maybe we'll talk about that in our four. So our text line four one, five, two nine five KFTC. If you don't get our four, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. I had maybe my least favorite thing that can happen in any given day. Last night is when you can't stop coughing and you're trying to go to sleep, and you just got that never ending like tickle on the back of your throat, just like you just feel like one more cough and you'll be done. But you just and it lasted to like two am miserable.
Speaker 1: Oh I hate that. You gotta have that that in medicine. I recommended to you that the has a cough suppressant in it. The only way I'd survived those things. Anyway, I can't I can never remember the name of it anyway, So this is absolutely crazy. Some of this stuff is fairly recently declassified. Some of it's been known for a while, but it's examples of some of the CIA's most audation missions since it was formed in the twentieth century, in the fifties in particular, and you may have heard some of these. Some of them are new. This. You know, you don't start the show with the show stopper, but this, this is probably better off as the punchline. In the nineteen fifties, the CIA dropped millions of anti communist pamphlets from weather balloons flying over the Soviet controlled part of Europe, but there was an idea that they worked to develop. They drew up a plan to also have packets of extra large condoms dropped on Communist nations, but the extra large condoms would be labeled small or medium. The strategy was to lower the morale of male citizens by suggesting that they were physically inferior to their well endowed Western counterpart.
Speaker 3: This is not true. Those are somebody's idea and we actually did it. No, it never came to fruition, but it was game planned out.
Speaker 1: There are records.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, that seems dumb.
Speaker 1: I wish I had somehow found my way into that line of work, dreaming up ridiculous plots for the CIA to consider. How about this one, much more recent, The CIA once hatched a plan to make an Osama Bin laden action figure to distribute to children in the Middle East. But here's the deal. When the action figure was exposed to the sun, the face would peel off to reveal a demon like character with red skin, green eyes, and black markings, who accidentally bears an uncanny resemblance to Star Wars character Darth Maul, which is neither here nor there. And they actually made several prototypes before it was reject did uh you know, to be implemented.
Speaker 3: So you're playing with your Osama bin Laden Kendall. You're out in the sun and all of a sudden he looks like a red skull from the Avengers movies.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Yeah, and it freaks you out and you think he's the devil, and you do something and then you're.
Speaker 3: Up with invading Iraq or something something.
Speaker 1: That's probably where the plant the plan went to side base with. What then, Jim, what are the kids going to do that?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to stay Osamas like us, play it out for me here, and what happens that?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, they like think Osama's the devil? Okay, all right, so they actually created three they think three individual action figures prototypes. Oh what, I'd love to have one of those. Yeah. Yeah, And honestly, it when his face melts off. I'm looking at the picture right now. It it pretty much just he looks like he's in some sort of death metal band or something like that. I don't know how the average you know, I don't know Iraqi kid would take that. Here, here's another good one. We're back in between the sheets. From nineteen forty five till approximately well sometime in the seventies, the CIA ran covert operations targeting foreign leaders who were either openly with the Communists or leaning that way. There have been various viruses, exploding cigars, other spry thriller type antics. President Akamed Sukarno of Indonesia accused the US of trying to destroy him for a sympathy toward Communism with a CIA produced porno film that was referred to as Happy Days, which purported to show Sakarno in this is a quote ecstatic sexual congress with a woman, although the person involved was actually an American performer in a mask. And as I read this, I thought, what I bet everybody's thinking right now, How easy would that be to do right now? With Ai? It's effortless. Yeah. The CIA's plan was to circulate film pretending it had been secretly made by the KGB in the course of a visit by Sukarno to the Soviet Union. Like the other stuff, I don't think it was implemented. Oh, the plan backfired. So Kara was actually impressed with how he was depicted in the film because it showed him leaving his Russian girl partner a glow with fulfillment is the quote. And he reportedly ordered this distribution throughout Indonesia.
Speaker 3: Because it made him look good.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Yeah, yeah, all right, we have time for a couple more. I like this one, if only because it's a great name for a band. Remote controlled dogs. The CIA created remote control dogs by operating on their brains during a bizarre nineteen sixty three mind control experiment. According to recently declassified documents, researchers implanted a device in I had six dogs skulls and used a remote control to guide them through an open field. Oh wow, the pooches could be made to run, turn, and stop for real as the scientists, yeah, zap the reward centers of their brains with electrical currents. According to CIA papers published in nineteen sixty five, I'm actually mildly surprised that we had that sort of capability to that extent in nineteen sixty five. I'm sure it did not do the dogs any good, but quote. The specific game of the research program was to examine the feasibility of controlling the behavior of a dog in an open field by means of remotely stimulated electrical stimulation, et cetera. They eventually abandoned those experiments.
Speaker 3: I don't want to torture dogs, but some of these it'd be pretty fun to have that be your job, coming up with wacky ideas and putting together protects and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Now you've probably heard about the CIA's brainwashing experiments during the fifties and sixties, experimenting with techniques designed to make a person kill someone then have no recollection afterward. Codinated mk ULTRA, the program involved some one hundred and forty nine separate experiments, many on unwitting Americans who had not consented to being guinea pigs, including a Kentucky mental patient who was dosed with LSD for one hundred and seventy nine days straight. Wow. That's horrible, utterly, utterly unforgivable. It was officially launched this program to develop better interrogation techniques, as well as to explore the possibility of creating a programmable assassin. Let's see. Many of the documents pertaining to this mission mk ULTRA were destroyed in nineteen seventy three on the CIA's order. Some survived and were revealed later that decade.
Speaker 3: That was leading up to the Church Commission. That's what they're trying to avoid there. If you know anything about that, google it.
Speaker 1: Yikes. Yeah, And they go into a bunch of detail on that one and experimentations with psychics and that.
Speaker 3: Flat out human guinea pigs. You're using human guinea pigs against their will.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, that's exactly what it was.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is something I don't have to.
Speaker 1: Really ended with the condoms, and not that this thing, the super giant condoms to make them.
Speaker 3: I haven't a schmoll schwunstucka compared to the American
Speaker 1: I'm so depressed right Therefore, I'm gonna fund Armstrong and Getty