Speaker 1: Come from Danny tixcept Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, what is your name? I'm Danny Danny? What's up? Danny? How you doing?
Speaker 3: What's going on? No way, dude, I'm like freaking out a little bit. That's coat. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: What what are you doing right now? What's up?
Speaker 3: I'm walking around the living room.
Speaker 2: Okay? Where do you live.
Speaker 3: Louisiana?
Speaker 2: I've never been to I don't think I've ever been to Louisiana. How close are you to New Orleans?
Speaker 3: I'm about four hours away Louisiana. The only interested part of Louisiana is.
Speaker 2: New So are you Is that where you were born or did you move there?
Speaker 3: I was born in Columbia.
Speaker 2: Columbia like like the country. Yeah, oh when did you move to Louisiana?
Speaker 3: I was purchased when I was like three and no, yeah, living Florida for a while, and then Texas to Florida and Texas to Florida and then I'm a raft guy and I met this girl and she lives in Louisiana. So now I'm in Louisiana.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you were you were purchased?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, when you're adopted cost like cost money?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I've never heard of. I've never heard somebody refer to being adopted as being purchased.
Speaker 3: Yeah, due to cost ten thousand, So you.
Speaker 2: Were purchased when you were three, So I still okay, So you were you were born to Colombian parents in Colombia, correct, Yes, and then at three years old your parents were just like, we can't do this, and they put you up for adoption.
Speaker 3: Well, I have like thirteen siblings and they couldn't have all of this, so all.
Speaker 2: Right, Jesus they were meeting you guys, like, yeah, yeah, pretty crazy? Is that? So you had thirteen siblings and yeah, your parents put you up for adoption when you were three? Is that legal? You could just you could just give up at three?
Speaker 3: No, I was. I was seized by the state because there were so many kids and my mom didn't want to take care of all of us.
Speaker 2: Basically, you were seized by the Colombian government. Yeah, like like like CPS.
Speaker 3: I think I have a whole report. So basically they they went into the house for like domestic dispute for my other siblings because someone reported them for like neglect, and I was undocumented, Like I was just kind of like she gave birth to me and she wasn't feeding me, so I actually I have a severe delay.
Speaker 2: In height because of that, a severe delay in height.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How how tall are you?
Speaker 3: I'm five to three, so I'm not like but like you know, like my growth was just like really delayed.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmm wow, holy cramp? Do you have you? When's the last time? How old are you?
Speaker 3: I'm twenty.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you saw like your birth parents? Do you ever see them?
Speaker 3: No, I'm no, I've I've read about I've read about them a whole bunch. But where where did you read?
Speaker 2: Where did you read about them?
Speaker 3: I just have one like one fat report that just goes over the whole situation I was in when I was a kid. So I just read about like I just know their names and like what was going on, and like that's about it. But it's just not too much. It's so vague.
Speaker 2: Who well, wait when you say you have this report? Who where's this report coming from?
Speaker 3: Other state of Columbia?
Speaker 2: Uh? When did they give you that report?
Speaker 3: So it was just like the report on like when they found me and like everything that led up to me being adopted, like the whole my whole background and stuff because they like to give that to parents, so like they can see if their kid has too much baggage.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, so when you were, as you say, purchased at three, they gave that report to your parents. Yeah, so who tell me who adopted you?
Speaker 3: Uh? My dad? Uh two Americans. My dad's keeping my mom's Colombian like background, so they went they wanted the Colombian Colombian kids, so they lived in Colombia.
Speaker 2: Okay, and are your parents are you like? Are are they cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They're pretty cool. They're pretty cool sometimes.
Speaker 2: Are you you got a good relationship with them?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, yeah, I mean it used to be rocky. I I called in because I have I had an addiction to Vantage for two years and that makes me like see and like dream about wicked ship. But during that time it was but now it's all fixed up.
Speaker 2: You had an addiction to Benadrill for two years? What what two year period? Uh?
Speaker 3: About twelve to fourteen.
Speaker 2: Oh holy fucking shit. How are you doing now? You kind of sound like you're doing all right now. You said you met a girl and you moved to Louisiana. How are you doing now?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good. I do seasonal works that work for like National parks there alright, got and so I travel a whole bunch and cool, that's I'm met my partner. I met it working at Yellowstone Cool.
Speaker 2: Cool man. Damn you really made it out of some ship.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: What does the so the but you wanted you said you called in specifically you wanted to talk about Benadrill, not that I you know, what, does this still affect you? Does this still affect you? Six years later?
Speaker 4: I still have like really crazy dreams, but like loly, like like because I forgot someone was talking about something about dreaming, not some man be thinking.
Speaker 3: But I'll have like dreams where I'm just like stuff and it feels like days and weeks.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 2: So do you what's one of your crazy dreams?
Speaker 3: Uh? Like? I have a reoccurring dream where I'll show up in a room and it's like a room that's like painted like like an ocean. Like it's like I'm looking at a horizon at like one of those doctor's offices, and that's the only thing in the room. That's the only thing in the room. And then there's a little screaming no, and he just walks around me in like circles and I can't move, but I'm like conscious, and I'll sit there and I'll think for like hours and I'll turn into like days, and then I'll feel hungry and shit, and then I wake up and it was like I only took like an hour nap and for like two weeks.
Speaker 2: So you're you have a sleep paralysis demon? Who's a gnome?
Speaker 3: I guess he's not in everyone. Sometimes it's different, it's a different thing, but it's always like there's something looking at me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like sleep paralysis, right, Yeah, I guess how how often do you have these dreams? Uh?
Speaker 3: Like twice a week?
Speaker 2: Holy shit? You ever been to like a fucking doctor? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have. But that was when like so like after I went to because I went to rehounds for arounders and stuff, because I did it when I was younger. We put some holes in my brain apparently some something psychological. I don't know, but it just said to take a take like twenty years to clear up or something and heal from the damage. I just did that like a really bad time.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hm.
Speaker 5: Hm hmm.
Speaker 2: All right, So you were purchased why do you say purchase instead of adopted?
Speaker 3: It adds a little psaz?
Speaker 2: No, it totally, it totally does it totally adds a little pizaz.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I called him before one other time. I don't know if you remember that, but I was. I was that guy who got I got. I got expelled from my school because I was in front of it.
Speaker 2: You got expelled from your school because you shipped in front of it?
Speaker 3: No, because I got they like this, this has spending me, and so I took a big sad crab from the school. All right. I don't know I was to say it because I told you that story one time.
Speaker 2: When was when was this?
Speaker 3: This is like, this was like eight months ago now I'm thinking about it. It was a long ass time ago.
Speaker 2: I don't remember a story. I'm sorry, I don't remember a story about you taking a ship in front of somebody taking a shit in front of their school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, I just thought about that. I was like, damn, that was a long ass time ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you were purchased. I guess it's it is kind of a flex to be like you are inherent. You have a like they say, you can't put a price on human life. But you literally can be like I am worth at least ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess if you look at it that way, Yeah, ten thousand dollars. Dude, I paid. I paid ten thousand dollars and sixteen cents from behind the city.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I think the piece of crap ten thousand dollars? What would you buy with ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Like, what would I buy with ten thousand dollars? Well, it's I mean, I guess it's it's interesting to know that you can buy a baby for ten thousand dollars. I don't know if I'm gonna do anything with that information. But what else is worth ten thousand dollars? Maybe, like, uh, I don't know you could buy I sold my car. It was a Ford Focus and I only I got like two thousand dollars for that ship. So I guess I would buy five of those.
Speaker 3: You're right, what is valuable to you?
Speaker 2: What is valuable to me? Like like in life? Like like what's like what's valuable to me? Like? What would I what's valuable to me? Monetarily speaking? Or it just in life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is what is something like whatever? Whatever you think about buying something like comfort or and that doesn't have to do with food. What like what monetary?
Speaker 2: I mean? I try to I mean I try to put money away because I just never want my goal. I just never want to have to like work a real Like I've been able to successfully coast through life never having a super real job, and I'd like to be able to do that forever. So I just put away money. That's the most valuable thing to me. But like I like, I mean, I'll spend money on convenience, like a good fucking Ubers and uber Eats and stuff like that. You know, food definitely. I never cook, so I'm always buying food out a lot because I don't want to have to deal with cooking. You know, I'll hire someone to come and clean all the dirt out of my apartments stuff like that. You right, what about you?
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's just honest. It's pretty much this tackle Bell. I feel like I'm steel Bad or something. Is that tacle Bell? It's like anything. I just get tackle Bell and they have all the same shit, just different packaging for all their foods. So I guess, like whatever kind of witness I'm feeling, I get, you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know as much as I as much as I love talking about Taco Bell, I'm still not done talking about your life story because you have an interesting thing going on. So you where'd you grow up?
Speaker 3: I grew up in like Miami area and then Dallas, Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, and what like where'd you go to high school?
Speaker 3: I went to ice school in like Kelly, Texas, like Keller High like half of our high school with Kelly High and half of my high school in Florida.
Speaker 2: Are you still friends with people from high school?
Speaker 3: Kind of really bad at like retaining so not really?
Speaker 2: And tell me where you met this girl that you live in Louisiana with again.
Speaker 3: I met her in Yellowstone, like Yaloston National Park?
Speaker 2: Where's Yellowstone?
Speaker 3: It's in Montana?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you grew so you go you kind of move around a little bit when you're growing up. You go to high school in Keller, Texas, and then when you're eighteen you graduate, you graduate high school? Yeah, and then where do you go after you graduate high school?
Speaker 3: I went straight to Yellowstone. I dropped out to college.
Speaker 2: Did you say you went to college for a little bit.
Speaker 3: No, No, I dropped up before the first day Yellowstone, like the summer before, and then college.
Speaker 2: Okay you yeah, you okay, So you graduate high school, you like intern at Yellowstone or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, summer job very nice.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, I'm just not going to go to college. I'm just gonna stay here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It just seemed like a scam. I was gonna go to like culinary school, and it just seemed like a fat scam, especially because I was working in the kitchen and Yellowstone all the chefs told me not to go.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean that's awesome. I'm so I'm curious about a few things. How did you get what we what were you actually doing at Yellowstone? How'd you get involved there?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Like, tell me, tell me how you got that gig and what the gig is.
Speaker 3: So they have a website called cool Works. It's like Indeed, but for seasonal work, like they have like any national park, like whenever they're offering up like Chiju League housekeeping or kitchen work. But I applied on cool Works and I just want to go just to get the hell out with Florida, just see different states. And then none of the states are cool. It's just hard to compare to the South, so it's stick to go for like seasons.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so I just the only thing I'm like dumbfounded by this just because, like I mean, it's so like the job market and shit is is kind of crazy and so like did you know anyone there or you just like you just applied eighteen, no like experience or anything, and they just got you on.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, Yellowstone is crazy to heart anybody. I do what I do, what time? I saw so much because the altitude is so high, you get really fucked up. I saw someone drink it black, I was drunk, try to stab someone, and then when they called the National Park Service to get him out of the park, he just drove off in a motorcycle and no one ever again, like like crazy, people were shitting on walls and stuff. People doing like cocaine and may even though like it's a fat telling me because it's federal land. Yellowstone is crazy, dude, They hire whoever, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: That's uh, that's fucking awesome. I like that. I Uh, that's cool. I love that you You were just okay, so you're eighteen, You're just like, I need to get the fuck out of Keller, Texas. Why why'd you pick Yellowstone?
Speaker 3: They were the first ones to call me back. I applied to like.
Speaker 2: Everywhere and did they Did they throw you some money to get over there?
Speaker 3: No? No, not really. Some some companies do what they don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you work any jobs before that, like when you were in high school?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like shitty fast foods. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you're running over to Montana and like what you rent an apartment there? You meet some Craigslist roommates.
Speaker 3: No, for two hundred bucks, you get three meals a day and like housing and it was like a cabin, Like it was like a cabin right up.
Speaker 2: Oh they okay they so you lived at the park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I lived in the park.
Speaker 2: Oh oh dude, that's awesome. That's so cool that they can just do that at eighteen, just fresh out of fucking school. And did you meet a lot of people?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a fuck ton of people. There's people from like all countries there too. It's like an international thing.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, what did you actually do? What was your like job?
Speaker 3: Pantry? I just made desserts and silets for rich people coming up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the demographic running around Yellowstone, dude?
Speaker 3: Surprisingly, it's like mostly Asian apparently like Yellowstone super popular in like China or something. It's a lot of like, yeah, Asian people I met. I met that lady who was well, there was like a show of like American short people. Her whole family came uh, mostly Asian, I'd say most Asian and a lot of white, but you don't really see it colors.
Speaker 2: H And so how long were you working there?
Speaker 3: For about six months?
Speaker 2: And how'd you meet your girlfriend?
Speaker 3: She's working at the gas station and she uh, I was like pretty much blackout one night and she asked if I wanted to go to the pub with her because they have like employee pubs and only one of them is open till too So I said yeah, I joined in and then start talking from there.
Speaker 2: So cool, you got blood. She works at like the Yellowstone gas Like, did you work for Yellowstone and she's working at the Yellowstone gas station?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty that's pretty cool. What are these employee pubs?
Speaker 3: So like all of I think all of the locations except for Roosevelt have one. But it's like if you go behind the building and you'll enter like it's just as employees, only then there's like a like a literal whole bar, like how you'd have like a nice ass bar for like the guests. They have a nice ass bar, but it's just in the back and it's just like hitting all the employees can go in.
Speaker 2: How many people work at Yellowstone?
Speaker 3: A lot of people, like like a whole bunch, Like I'd say at least like four four walmarts worth of employees. Maybe do they pay? Okay, no, they say, all right, I don't know. They kind of stuck that dude. They'll fire you at like a moment's notice, and they'll give you two hours to leave the park when you haven't even figured out hotel or like airplane ride or nothing.
Speaker 2: And when you left Keller, did you leave any friends behind or were you? Were you just like are you kind of riding solo through life?
Speaker 3: I have some I don't know, I really hate to say. And I have a lot of acquaintances, but I have, like I listen, like two close friends, two close friends behind. But other than that, no one else other than my family.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, And so you're at Yellowstone for six months, you meet a lady and what's the ladies deal? Is she? Where is she originally from?
Speaker 3: She lives in Louisiana her whole life.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you meet a lady and what happens at the end of those six months, She's just like, Hey, I'm going back to Louisiana. Come with.
Speaker 3: No. So we we were based always basically like I'm trying to travel and stuff, and I dropped out of college and like because I dropped out of college to travel in Yellowstone and she was like, dang, I'm trying to do the same thing. So I just came with her to Louisiana and then we did another seasonal and then we're back in Louisiana. But we just had the same ideas of like wanting to travel and you know, living on living on the highway. Basically, I guess.
Speaker 2: Do you two live in an apartment together in Louisiana?
Speaker 3: We live with her parents.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you do you guys work?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you guys do?
Speaker 3: I don't have a job yet. I'm trying to get a job at bass Pro. But she's a she's a server, like a like a waitress.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're gonna get a job at bass Pro. She's waitressing and you guys are saving up for your next adventure.
Speaker 3: Well, most of like waiting. I'm like, I'm fine, I'm fine to go on more. But uh, there's some family family stuff going on.
Speaker 2: So your family or her family very okay, So you're what you said.
Speaker 3: You're waiting, Yeah, waiting?
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I wish you'd tell me, but who knows?
Speaker 2: You're you're waiting on her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Mmmm, what do you what? You're twenty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's next for you? What do you want? Uh?
Speaker 3: I kind of I just want to pick a direction and just start walking, the start driving or something. I don't know. I just want to leave.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Do you feel do you feel calm? Do you like do you have any like anxiety about the future, or do you feel good?
Speaker 3: I feel pretty good. I don't know. I don't really know what's going on, but I feel like i'd have it handled. Uh. Do you know like to skip by and skip by?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean you like, uh, your whole attitude of yeah you're at it, your your whole the attitude that you've displayed, I guess to me over the course of this call makes me feel like you're gonna be uh, you're gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: Wow, thank you love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I really do. I mean that because you seem another person that just goes for it.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear my girlfriend sat.
Speaker 2: Cat like like the like hearing hearing me out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a squeeze is backing me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do want to hear that. Yeah, let me hear that.
Speaker 3: Sucks. Come on, Oh he's parent. Never mind, Okay, this kid is like fat, like a fat kid.
Speaker 2: How fa how much do you think he weighs?
Speaker 3: I don't know if Billy touched the floor?
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait wait he like when he walks like wait, like when he's standing on his fore legs, his belly is touching the floor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the back part of the building scrapes that like slaps around.
Speaker 2: That sucks. That's so funny. Yeah, well, ship man, this is cool. I like I like a story like this because I know there's a lot of people who listen to this show that are being like, what the fuck should I do with my life? And it's like it's this is one of the cool This is one of the things I like about doing this show is like nobody will ever tell you what you should do with your I mean people, we'll totally tell you what you should do with your life, like your parents and society and stuff. But I feel like you can. There's so much to learn from just like observing what other people are doing with their lives and decisions they're making and how they have turned out. I mean, you're very young. You still have a lot, you have, like so much more of yourself to develop, but you have that like adventurous spirit and willingness to like figure shit out. That is like ensures to me that you'll have a good life no matter what kind of setbacks you have, especially because you've i mean goddamn experienced plenty of setbacks already that haven't stopped you from continuing to do shit. It's cool. Yeah, man, do you so in Louisiana? Do you keep in touch with your like you're I mean, you're I'm just gonna I'm gonna all refer to the people who purchased you as your parents. Do you keep in touch with them? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like every every three days I get my mom.
Speaker 2: Will call, oh wonderful, Okay, great, So you're still you're still cool with them? They're they're in your life? Oh yeah, okay? And what about the two close friends from Keller?
Speaker 3: Uh, like three every three weeks? Maybe, I mean okay, yeah, I'm like horrible friends.
Speaker 2: Do you make do you and you're cool? You're cool with mom and dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or do you have friends in Louisiana?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to make friends in Louisiana?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I bet you'll meet some I bet at the best pro shop you'll meet some interesting folks.
Speaker 3: Dude, I hope. So all my friends are like forty like acquaintances, you know, and I can't really hang out with them. You know. Sometimes I end up hanging out with their kids and watching their kids. I don't want to hopefully and hopefully speak of my age.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, what's your name again? I'm Dan, Danny? Well, Danny, this is a did you get? Did you get whatever you wanted out of this conversation? I've just wanted to know.
Speaker 3: I just want to hear your sweet voice loud.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Danny, You're you're a cool guy. I'm excited for you.
Speaker 3: You're a cool guy. Now. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Man. Is there any is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go. Uh.
Speaker 3: When something feels overwhelming and you feel like you can't do it, you're only halfway there.
Speaker 2: I like that. Take care of Danny, good luck, good luck laugh. I like that guy. He's a cool guy, chill person, just to go. I like I like life, I really do. I like life. I like uh. I liked his story because he had a real life story. He had, he had a super real life story. I mean the growing up out of thirteen fucking kids. You get seized from the state because your parents are you know, and then you get adopted, and then you get addicted to Benaderrilla at twelve years old. That's insane. And then you fight sleep paralysis demons for the next who knows how long, and then you graduate high schoo and you're just like, I'm just gonna move to Montana because i just want to do it because I'm eighteen and I need to see the world and I'm not gonna let anyone or anything stop me. And then you meet a and then you meet a lady in real life, not on like you're not on Discord or on a dating app. You need real life. You meet a lady who works at the gas station while you're blackout drunk, and then you guys get together, and then you move to Louisiana and get a job at bass Pro shops and plan your next diventuon. That's cool. I like, that's such I love this. I love this man's real fucking life. It's cool, and it's like not even it's like the beginning of it. And he's not worried. That was a cool thing. I like, he wasn't worried. He didn't seem worried. He was just like enjoying his life for exactly what it is while planning his adventures. I think that's really cool. So shut out Danny.
Speaker 3: From Madison.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hi, what is your name?
Speaker 1: Minus Madison?
Speaker 2: Madison? What's up? Madison? How's uh? How's life?
Speaker 1: Life is great? I've been trying to get in touch with you. We actually talked a couple of years ago. Now, I was the person that called in about my weird actual projection dreams and wait, you remember this.
Speaker 2: We talked about a weird astral projection dream. Yeah, you had what what was the name of the universe that you astro projected? Cascada Cascada I I one hundred percent remember you. I remember I remember several things. I remember several things. I remember one that, yeah, that you astro projected into a fucking crazy place, and then we met on stage at Bonnaroo.
Speaker 1: I think yes, which was my hail Mary, I just dumped Alvira on my face green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do remember that. I do remember that. So I'm gonna set for people who aren't familiar, I'm gonna set some contexts. So you called in a couple of years ago to talk about how you astro projected into a different universe, which I guess means that you went to sleep and then your brain projected into another dimension that you call Cascada. Is that an accurate summary?
Speaker 1: Basically up as another person. So some people say it's like dissociative, but not in my day to day life. I would just wake up and like, oh, I'm harper in Cascada, and if a month would pass here, a month would have passed there. So it's been going on for like fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, well Madison, listen, I'm happy you called in again. Is there like, uh uh, something update on this or something quick?
Speaker 1: You encouraged us me to write it down the book, which I did the book is almost done, and this has changed the trajectory of my life. I just need to thank you. You can have actually changed how my life is playing out. I'm leaving in a month go be a writer in residence in as Chateau in Champagne, France among other artists based off of the book that I've written.
Speaker 2: Wow, holy crap. Yeah, so you you started, You started writing a book about your experiences astro projecting into this crazy place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you said something along the lines of this sounds kind of like a Miyazaki movie. You write the story down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I did.
Speaker 1: I wrote this bitch down and I found on Instagram right and lay this writing or it was an artist's residency. They have them around. I always thought that was some rich kids shit, but I applied through Apply, I sent them a short story i'd written and then the plot of the book. They offered me money to come work on my book and be around other artists like writers, maeakers, musicians and help get published. So I'm going to about to go to Europe for the first time. I leave in November third, and then after that I'm living off grid in the nudest colony in the Canary Islands for Christmas time.
Speaker 2: You're going to a nudist colony in the Canary Islands.
Speaker 1: Yes, i am.
Speaker 2: How did you find out about this?
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe you've talked about this before. Have you heard of work away? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just browsing and work away because, like I said, I'm already gonna be over there, so while I'm over there, I might as well an experience out of the trip. So I'm looking for ways to ball on a budget and searching through these workaway things. And this because up this old gay Irish dude, he lives with this dog in this new community in alonzo Rote. He likes to show people the culture. He lives in a camperman. You live in a tent, but it's part of the commune, so you can stay as long as you want. So I'm gonna stay for a month, including Christmas. I just reached out to him. But hey, is this a real because it looked too good.
Speaker 2: To be true.
Speaker 1: But he has probably two hundred reviews like it's legit.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so again, some more context for the people. So work Away free plug it's this website where you can go to like basically you search like a location that you want to go to, and you can connect with people who like basically you work for them and change for like housing and food and so it's like a way that people can go and uh, you know, meet new people, experience new places without having to spend a whole bunch of money. So are you working for this newdist colony?
Speaker 1: So it's kind of helping out around the camp, but mostly he's older and needs companionship and he usesn't like to be alone, so he'll have one or two people within that time. But the community is like fifty people from my research, So it's not like I'm building a thing. But it's the truth, which is just saying, which is also crazy.
Speaker 2: Are you this isn't like a This isn't like a sugar daddy thing, is it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, I looked into that, like, I mean, not that at all. He's like, if it makes you better, I'm gay. It's just this old gay dude that is not lonely, but he lives in his own little spot of land of this community. And I'm feeling like I'm gonna go roll up on a like old commune kind of situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which funny enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I already help out with a lot of these old hippies in Tennessee. I'm part of an environmental group. It's like a lot of occagenarians and me doing environmental retreats. So I'm used to hanging out with old hippies. So I that's the vibe I'm getting.
Speaker 2: How old are you, Madison, I'm twenty nine, very cool. I love I like this because I you know, I struggle with uh, but I want just what I'm about to say is just the most first world fucking problem ever. But I'm gonna say it anyway. Is I struggle with like continually believing that uh, that life that like, my life will continue to spans and I'll continue to have enriching life experiences and reasons to like wake up in the morning and stuff. And when I hear your story, I'm inspired because I'm like, you know, if my life ever gets stale and I really need something to juice it up, I can always go to a nudist colony in the Canary Islands and hang out with an old gay Irish guy. I mean I mean that, Since I mean that, Since I mean that, so sincerely, like I sleep better at night knowing that anytime I want that option, I can take that option in life. And I like hearing that you're talking about this too, because you know I've talked I talk about this too, Like a lot of people think that. Well, so I mean break this down for me real quick, are you? So you're you You have to pay to get to the Canary Islands, right, you have to pay your own airfare?
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's not as much as you'd think. So my writing thing is in Champagne. From there, I'm gonna take a train through the Swiss Alps for it's like fifty euros and it's a take you through World Heritage sites. Gonna go take that beautiful.
Speaker 5: Train right down to Italy.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna pop around the Coke Barcelona, Madrid. But Madrid to the Canary Islands is like thirty five euros for a ticket a plane ride, so it's not it's nothing crazy, and I already have those tickets.
Speaker 2: And then once you're there, you can you basically work a little bit and you're staying at this place for free and you're eating for free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm just trading. I'm helping out around camp.
Speaker 5: It's genuinely seems like a lot of people fish.
Speaker 1: Around this community, so that might be part of how they get food. I'm not showing up with no money, you know, you never you never know. But he says, stay here for free, help out around. We're a really strong community, so we're just excited to have somebody to learn about everything.
Speaker 2: Cool. Well, I like that. I like, uh, the idea of like, you know, you you can go out and have a new life experience and you don't need to spend like an astronomical amount of money to do it because anytime, like when I go on Instagram and I see like travel content, it's always like people. So it's people having like fancy fucking dinners and staying at the w and like all this crap. And you know you can. You can do it on a on a budget. You know, you just need a.
Speaker 1: Lot on a budget.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So I like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Work remote and I'm taking two months off, so I'm making it work. I really am.
Speaker 2: I liked that. I think it's I think it's cool making it work. I just want to say one thing before we go. I appreciate that you said that I changed the trajectory of your life, but I just really need you to understand that all I I just said, oh, maybe you should write a book, and you went and you wrote a whole fucking book. So you you were the one who changed the trajectory of your life, not me so, but I appreciate.
Speaker 1: I have sent to me. You were the lightning rod that helped me see the direction I needed to be stepping into. And I just want to thank you for that. That was a chance, but you were the person that allowed me that chance.
Speaker 2: So thanks, well, thanks Madison. I hope to what I hope one day I can astro project into into this crazy place that you you hopefully created in your own brain. That would be fun.
Speaker 1: I'll send you a copy of the book as soon as it's I'll published.
Speaker 2: Madison, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: No, this life is crazy and you can do whatever you want, which sounds crazy.
Speaker 2: To cut out. Well oh wait, or maybe you didn't, Maybe that you.
Speaker 1: Was you can It was just quick.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling, Madison, Take care, Thank you, good luck good luck at the good luck at the newdest colony in the Canary Islands.
Speaker 1: Yes, my tities will be out and it will be amazing.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that sound fun? Doesn't that sound fun? Isn't I really?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know, like you know, you can. I guess you can just do if you really want to. I really do believe like if you want to make it work, to just go do something random and weird. Yeah, I'd like to think it's figure outable. I'd like to think if you just you decide I want to do a random, weird thing and I'm gonna figure out logistically how I'm gonna do it, that it's possible. I'd like to think that a new where is the Canary Eye Islands? Is that a real place that sounds like a that sounds fake? Canary Islands a newdest resort? Well, yeah, maybe I'll do that one day.
Speaker 3: Who knows all from Lena?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 5: Hey man?
Speaker 2: Hi? What is your name?
Speaker 5: My name is Lena?
Speaker 2: Hello Lena? Have we ever spoken before? Lena?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Well? What's up? Dude? How How's how can I? How can I be a gecko on the phone with you today?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: Get this right? I have this cat. He's really cool. He right? I thought it was a she this whole time. I got him In May. I think I have a transgender cat, and I want to know if I should have like a coming out party or I don't know, if you have something you know, like it's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think that you initially thinking that your cat is uh you you thought it was a boy.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a girl. So I had it for months and I thought it was a girl, and then I was giving it a bad because he she at the time liked.
Speaker 2: Well, I just just real quick, just I don't think that you thinking your cat is a girl and then realizing it's a boy is the same thing as your cat being transgender.
Speaker 5: That's I think it is, because why because I don't know. It just seems so sudden, you know what I mean. Like I feel like I would have known. I should have I should have known in the beginning. And I feel like I've just been disrespecting their gender this whole time.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess your cat, I mean, I guess your cat has it like a small penis that you just didn't realize was that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but none of that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but that doesn't make that doesn't make your cat trans that your cat. I'll say, here's what I'll say. The idea that you personally had a trans gender cat existed in your brain because you in your brain there was a girl cat who then transitioned into a boy cat. But that's that's I mean, so you can have a you can have a coming out party in your own consciousness, but that's not I guess what's taking place in reality.
Speaker 5: Him them, but the cat.
Speaker 2: But the cat was always a boy, right, It didn't like, nothing changed.
Speaker 5: So my cat's name is Kouchie, right and Ramonte. Now now that I know it's a boy, and I don't know, I feel like this whole time, like the pink toy, the girly conversations. Of course I talked to my cat. I feel like I've just been I've just been disrespecting it this whole time.
Speaker 2: I mean you can keep I mean, you can keep treating your cat like a girl. I don't know, like do I don't think.
Speaker 5: He's very fasty too, dude, you can't treating here's.
Speaker 2: Here's here's you can keep treating your cat like a girl because he's like your cat. I don't even think your cat. I don't think that your cat knows anything about itself. I don't think your cat knows it's a cat. I don't think it knows it's a boy or a girl. I think your cat is dumb, no offense, your animals are. Animals are dumb, and I don't care. I know that. I know that there's a you can show me a YouTube video of a cat that like saves another cat from a thing. But animals are just dumb. But they don't have awareness of them. So the reason why I can't, the reason why a cat can't be transgender and a human ken is because a human has the awareness to know what they are, and a cat, the cat's brain isn't developed enough to do that. So I mean, I guess your cat could be gay.
Speaker 5: He's gay. We figured it out. He's just gay.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he is. I'm saying he could be.
Speaker 5: He's gay though he's gay.
Speaker 2: I just you you want your cat to be gay for some reason. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: You know. You know that question gay son or thought daughter gay son? All the way.
Speaker 2: I don't. I hate that question. I really, I really, I really do have that question. I do. I hate that question. What's wrong with having either? I'm not even saying that to like sound like a good person. I just don't like that question.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right. I think I want my cat to be gay. I think I'm the problem.
Speaker 2: Mile, It's it's possible.
Speaker 5: Wow, you really are a therapist.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not at all. I'm not a therapist. I am not a therapist. I am I am. I am a green man, That's what I am.
Speaker 5: You really helped me figure this one out. Man.
Speaker 2: Well I'm glad. I'm very glad that I know. I don't think. I don't think. I don't think I did anything, and I don't think you did anything. I don't think, Lena, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: Listen, guys, if you ever think your cat may be gay or transgender or anything, maybe maybe they're not and maybe they're just a cat and they just want to love you and be there for you and have no labels. They want to be cat or dog.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Thank you, this was this was healing.
Speaker 2: I have a good one, Lena, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Good night.
Speaker 2: You know this illustrates something to me, is I think you know people are always people always are mad about like like when someone goes on Facebook and they see like a status from a guy and he's like, I've decided that I identify as a wolf, and they get like upset about that. I don't. I don't think that's something to get upset by. It's something to be celebrated because like the like the awareness that you, as a human being, you are endowed with a brain that is aware of itself. You're aware of your own death, You're aware of your own identity, like you know, you're like no, no animal knows its name or whether it's a boy or animals, they just they don't have awareness of them, so they don't know that they're gonna die. It's kind of blissful, actually, it's it sounds peaceful to be an animal. That's why dogs are always happy and they always have that face. But as a human, you have awareness, and you with that awareness, like deciding who you are is like, uh, it's kind of a beautiful advancements of the human species in a sense. You get to customize, you get you can be whatever you want. You can decide what you are because you're a human. It's cool, you know. Can't cats can't do that. Cats can only be cats because they have they don't have the awareness to identify as anything else, which is I was gonna say that that's a bummer, but I also think, but I also think awareness. I don't know about you guys, I don't know about the people listening, but I most of life's problems are due to awareness. Although the animal Kingdom, uh, the animal kingdom is mainly concerned with only with present dangers. There's a lion is gonna come kill me. Animals only know that they're gonna die if they're like right about two, you know what I mean, Like, an animal only knows is gonna die if if a lion is chasing it. But we're we're sitting here like, oh no, in sixty years, I'm gonna get heart disease. And you get sad about that. It's kind of a they're kind of a bad way to live, kind of a bad way to live. There be Cant goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. Never beIN Can goes doing his eye He's teaching you loud in the lid of your life. Money's not really an expert