Speaker 1: On today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we're talking Josh Harris and the Advisory Committee advisors as symbol. There's also been a lot of names that been reported for head of football operations and head coach.
Speaker 2: We're going to review all those.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna talk about what makes Washington the premier destination for these candidates. And Fred said something about princesses and presidences. Yes, I'll find out on this episode. Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and the guy who can't be cooler than cool, you know, Santanamas like with the glass.
Speaker 3: Put like nothing on.
Speaker 4: Mean, I know you got too.
Speaker 1: Fred, Fred Theodore Smoot is here and this is the first time we can talk after the basketball games, definitely, And I feel like I feel like I feel like a lot of fansy to hear your.
Speaker 3: Perspective on.
Speaker 4: How about me to the point of it made me say, you know what you need to work out? You know what it made me say, you know, I already been swimming one time, so then my bike got two days before we get here, Like I have you changed my life because I let a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people die.
Speaker 2: You beat me.
Speaker 3: So now I'm taking my health very serious. Right now.
Speaker 1: I know we've been on you a little bit, and I want to say this. After we finished that game and Fred laid down for about fifteen minutes, he got back up and he shot the basketball. Pretty God's starting good. It just took a total fatigue total total.
Speaker 5: Told him should have played horse instead of play that was I asked you in the middle of the Game's that's changing to horse?
Speaker 3: Bride won't let him do it.
Speaker 4: Hey, but everybody's seen the mall walking in the back in the beck.
Speaker 3: Speed walking in the mall.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can obviously check this out on YouTube on the last podcast. It's on the tailing of that, so you know tann' is out there.
Speaker 2: Ten. I was impressed, man, you were running through on yard shuttles.
Speaker 5: Right, I did sh I did six of them, and I mean I did that moment's pace, but there was some I'm was warming up to go work out, so I mean, don't be in prison. I had still finished and go out there and get a whole little bit new man guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So hopefully this, hopefully this starts you, starts you off on the right the.
Speaker 3: Way to start the new year. I started the new year out by being humble and now I'm good.
Speaker 1: Also, it was it was cold on Monday. Yeah, it was really cold on Monday, and I was taking my kids to school. I got I live right behind the school, so I'm walking them through the woods and on the basketball court court there's a hawk.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was just hanging on.
Speaker 2: I didn't have my phone with me. I want to take a picture. I was like that hawk outside right there.
Speaker 3: It was literally but we also had to take that hawk Monday night.
Speaker 2: Oh, listen to me.
Speaker 3: That was that was the hawk flying through. That's what people mean.
Speaker 1: We did a show outside. It's coming out next week, I think right next week. And we did it at d C Prime. Really nice, nice in front of the fire.
Speaker 3: But it was he was.
Speaker 2: It was chilly and so in Atlanta that hawkouse side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will hover over my head. They can drop the couple of droppings.
Speaker 1: All of that, allright, just remind you a reminder. Wow, we're brought to I bet three six y five. At Bet three six five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. Right now, new customers can choose between two offers when they open account at bet three sixty five. Use a QR code to sign up, which is right over here someplace. Deposit ten dollars and choose between either first bet safety at offer by placing a bet up to one thousand and if you're qualifying. Bet loses, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or betting. Get offer and place a bet up of five dollars or more and get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. Bet three sixty five Official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 4: You know you must be twenty one plus physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly if you are someone you know has a gambling problem and won't help.
Speaker 3: Got one eight hundred gambling.
Speaker 1: One hundred gambler. Great job, Fred, great job. Wait to remember the disclaimer. We forgot that last week, So good job. All right, So lots of stuff that's happened, yes since our last podcast. Yeah, play the game been some changes, Ron and Verry's obviously been like, oh yep, I thought we could start this segment off just real quick by just saying kind of reflecting on Ron's tenure, and you know, kind of giving the man his flowers a little bit.
Speaker 2: If there are flowers together.
Speaker 4: I would say a man who showed he can handle adversity at the highest level. Yeah, I'm talking about physically, mentally and emotionally. When he came in, he had a tall task. He looked it in the face, and he gave it everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I agree, I look at I just look at the whole you know, coaches coming into this, this this particular building here, you know, this establishment. It's been tough. Yes, So I don't try to, you know, put too much more on him than he was the last guy, you know when the guy before that. So he came here, he tried to do something that hasn't been done yet or I can say in a long time here just to one playoffs he had only one, you know when the season. But hey man, he did as most coaches have tried. Yeah, and and and he was a good guy doing so. So he he left here, you know, the same guy that I saw coming in. He was a guy that I had a lot of I guess you can say respect for. Yeah, and and he never lost it with me because I've seen him go out there and fight through a lot, and he endured a lot, you know, while doing so hats off to him.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You know, everybody can't come in here and change things around, but he tried.
Speaker 4: And I'm glad he got the coach for the last five games, and I think I think he lost track of it because he had to be so much of a manager. Yeah, I'm glad he got to physically go in there with the players, and I think I've seen I've seen a different glow to him when he started to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you both talked about the adversity. Obviously had the cancer when he first got here, which was crazy, and I don't think people realized how sick he was. Then you got the COVID year coming off the camper worst you remember coming to the building around that time, and like the regulations and he had.
Speaker 3: To take tests like every day, nose was red.
Speaker 1: Every day to come in. And then all the zoom meetings and stuffing, and obviously other teams handled that adversity as well. But that's a lot in your first year. And then obviously the non football stuff was a big part of that third year, and then this year with the ownership change, so not a lot of kind of just straightfor.
Speaker 3: I also deal with the name change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 3: You know, it was like one thing at the numb.
Speaker 1: And he and you know, like so obviously a lot of adversity. I think he, you know, there's some times where maybe made some questionable decisions whatever, But I think overall, I think we all agree. Really good dude, Yeah, really kind of stayed the same the whole time.
Speaker 2: Good person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, I think a smarter football guy than I think a lot of people want to give him.
Speaker 3: Mostly until you have a conversation with him, you never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So but I think that moves us on to the next part of the show. So thank you, Ron, thank you for your time marriage, but I really appreciate it. Good luck with whatever's coming forward. Right, Just reminder, were brought to you at bet three six five. At Bet three six five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sports should be epic.
Speaker 3: What's wrong? You're right, No, I just doubt it was quick.
Speaker 2: I know it's quick. We were moving on.
Speaker 1: Listen, let's drive the truck, brom That's why we offer an early offer. Get your straight bets paid out or parlay selections marked a winner when your team goes up by seventeen points, regardless of whether the opponent comes back to win the game. Our early NFL payout offer has hit over fifty two times this season. Use the QR code to sign up and see for yourself why it's never ordiny. I bet three six y five Official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 5: Must be twenty one to other and physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 3: Please gamble responsibly.
Speaker 5: If you are someone you know has a gambling problem and wants him, call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: So obviously Ron's gone big news. But the other kind of big point of news here is that Joss Harris has kind of Josh Harris and the ownership group have established this advisory committee, right, and it's got some pretty heavy heavy hitters on the committee. Obviously Joss Harris, Mitchell Rails, David Blitzer, Magic Johnson's on the committee, Rick Spielman, who you know very well, and then Bob Myers. So we talked about this a little bit yesterday on the Command Center Show when we were recording it. But like, just what is your thoughts on this group and kind of their mission statement of finding the best head of football operations as they can find.
Speaker 3: When the earth is in danger, they call on the Avengers.
Speaker 4: They when Loki comes down and you need something to be fixed, you got to put a group together. And that's what they've done. And I like the nun bias of it. He didn't just say let's just find football guys. Let's find successful guys and no matter what they do, and let's let them lead us.
Speaker 3: In the right direction.
Speaker 4: So I feel good about I love people, no matter how how they get to say I don't know, Like that's a powerful thing, right then. I think in the billionaire airs rem they don't say I don't know much because the world had proven them to be so perfect at what they do.
Speaker 3: They part of the one percent of the one percent.
Speaker 4: So I love that he got this power group together to say, point me in the right direction, help me get the right people in life, so we can start. Because I think what they really want they want a coature.
Speaker 2: Over coach, meaning culture over coach.
Speaker 3: I think about it. No matter who's doing anything at the Ravens, it's the same way.
Speaker 4: The same thing at Pittsburgh same way, same thing, no matter who around, no matter what's going on. I think that's what they want to achieve here.
Speaker 5: You know, I think we get caught up in a world where, especially us, I think in our culture, where we was told that you got to go out here and do this to be successful, or you have to go out here and know this to be successful, instead of saying that, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: No one answer or on one right answer.
Speaker 5: And when you look at most successful people, you know it's not because they just woke up and said, oh I'm successful, or someone gave me this. Most of them have a group of each other that helps you know the next man come up, and then before you know it, we all sitting up here in the room and we can talk talk the same talk and be able to you know, spread our wings. When I look at this, I guess you can say this avengers, you know, type of type of that they kind of assemble. It just shows you that you know, it's no one right way of doing things, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You can go out.
Speaker 5: There and say, hey, all these guys have been successful in their fields. Rather whether there's you know, Magic Johnson and playing basketball and being a CEO and you know, owning a lot of businesses, whether it's the guy who who assembled with the Golden State Warriors to all their championships going to start, you know, and then you have you guys spillman who's done it, you know on different you know.
Speaker 3: Josh Josh Harris is captain of the Maryic.
Speaker 5: You know, he gon he gonna put the name, but it just shows me that you know, you know, Josh say, hey man, I'm going to get all the guys who I'm where I can, who I have rubbed elbows with through my past or or present, and say see if they can help me build this organization back to prominence.
Speaker 3: And I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know, I think the culture over coaching or the culture I don't.
Speaker 3: Know you word of that culture of a coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's really important too, because like important, the guys on here, right, Bob Myers, I mean, established a tremendous culture, right. Magic Johnson has got this brand of winning. These guys that are on the ownership, the managing partners, all those kind of those people they've they've done, they've been very successful and all those things that they've done have been I think generated around strong cultures, and I think.
Speaker 4: All of these guys has one thing they all got to come, longevity and whatever they do, they put that that Golden State team together, they steal together. The core three are still they understand relationships with sports and I think a lot of people like to plug and play. Like the one thing I can say about Philadelphia, I admire what they do, but I think sometime when they bring in guys mid season, mid season and one thing to just fill in the gap, sometimes it don't work because of relationship ain't there yet. So I think that's what all of these guys having come and they value that.
Speaker 1: No, I totally agree, and you know that, like you know, there's a couple of names that have been reported on according to Adam Scheffer Nick Adam Chef or excuse me, Nikki Javala and John Kime. Obviously local Kim does a great job, so that's Nikki, but yeah, the head of football operations guys. Names that are kind of on this list are Will McKay, Dallas VP player Personnel, Adam Peters. That kind of that's kind of everyone's darling at the moment in terms of people that are really excited about from the San Francisco forty nine ers, Mike Borzingi.
Speaker 2: Is that how he said it? Forgotten? There we go? That was it?
Speaker 1: Tan a nice job from Kansas City, Ian Cunningham from Chicago, he's assistant GM, Glenn Cook Cleveland assistant GM. And Alec Halliby from the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: So one thing.
Speaker 1: About those names that I like a lot is you get guys from you. We talked about the culture, right, and how that's an important it seems to be an important part of this, of this this advisory committee right to find this good leader. Right is these guys are all from winning programs that have done a great job with talent evaluation. And people say, oh what about Ian Cumming and he's from Chicago, but he is actually he started his career Baltimore. Yeah, he went to Philadelphia and then became the So talk about having a great pedigree about yeah, and again like that that position.
Speaker 3: We could have three if they trade the quarterback, if they trade.
Speaker 1: About two positions in the top ten. So they so again I think Dallas is a great job. Say what you want about them. They found a quarterback, they found skill players, offensive lineman, Michael Parsons obviously Adam Peter San Francisco talk about a vision for a team like we talked about that when we played them. They are physical as all get out. They draft guys who are physical, They embody kind of what they want to be. You can tell there's a strong connection there with the coaching staff and with the offensive identity. Great job by them, Kansas City. I mean, it's hard for me to kind of point Kansas City out because they have Patrick Mahomes, so it's like they can cover up all their personnel issues with that. But very successful, hard, undeniable.
Speaker 3: How I think when you look at these guys.
Speaker 4: The one thing about the price of success people, that's how you break Champ your chip teams up. You need to go steal the players, you go steal the person else.
Speaker 3: And this is the this is.
Speaker 4: The price of success that we're watching. And I'm glad that we're only picking.
Speaker 3: From the successful trees right now.
Speaker 1: And I think it's success in a very specific type of way though It's like I'm sure it's it's the culture, right and they fact that they've established the culture of winning winning, You can tell those teams have a very strong identity, which is obviously part of coaching, but it's also kind of through personnel. And I think the other thing is they all have a they seemingly all have a talent for for identifying talent.
Speaker 5: I think also too, when you're looking at you know, these these guys who we just kind of talked about, you know, the one thing that's in common that's next to them is either vice president or assistant associate, you know what I mean. So they was there with someone else, someone else has they was, They was a part of a team that that helped build whatever they have going on. So that's what they would be doing here. We'll be bringing them in to probably be the head of our ship. But you know, you got to always think and putting back your head that they just not solely the guy that you know, created what you see over there, that culture that.
Speaker 4: They got to maidele to work with the head coach period like this the thing they got to be organically connected, and if they're not, it won't it won't blost you know.
Speaker 1: Obviously to Tennis point, I think the fact that they are they are in these positions of leadership, I think is important.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's not like they're the GM, but they're the assistant GM. They're the assistant, the associate, whatever it is. So they're right there kind of in that stage right before. They're all poised for those positions. And I think there is something to be said for making sure guys have experience, right There's certain times you're like, oh, the head scout gets the opportunity, or the regional scout You're like, man, I feel like you're missing some steps.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: None of these guys missing steps. And I also think it you know, John Kyin brought this up on this podcast or shout out to John Kyme. They are all from winning programs or from teams in the division, and I think this is also a good time to get some information about how they do their process and how they view us.
Speaker 3: Well know, is Kyle stealing?
Speaker 2: We're stealing a little bit, right, Guess what.
Speaker 3: You That's what you do from trees at Blossom.
Speaker 4: Like you remember being in the neighborhood ten if I rock play at your house and you got a plane tree.
Speaker 3: You got the mango was hanging out your chi. They on the stand of this game, I might go ahead, had to take one. That's just what it is. So at the end of the day, if you want to be good, is only one way to do it, and this pick from the good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I think it's important to note that Adam Peters and Bob Myers know each other from their time in the Bay together relationship, so obviously those relationships are really important. Not saying any one of these guys as an edge, but personal relationship are very important. Also, got names that have been put out by Adam Scheffner, Nikki Jabala and John Kim are the coaches, and I think in the coaching I'm a little surprised Tanna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fred, what's.
Speaker 1: Your surprised because there are a lot of defensive guys. You got Anthony Weaver from Baltimore. He's the assistant head coach, defensive line coach. Mike Mike MacDonald, I want to say McAdoo, but that's all right, McDonald Baltimore, D C Raheem Morris, l A d C, Dan Quinn d C, Ben Johnson OC. Obviously he's kind of the bell of the ball for everybody at the moment. Aaron Glenn d C. And Bobby Slowick Houston O C.
Speaker 4: Well, really, now that I look into the playoffs, it's seven offensive coaches in five defensive coaches in it.
Speaker 2: Do you what do you mean like a team in the playoffs? Right? And so this is this is this is interesting.
Speaker 1: So obviously Josh Harris has said stuff like, oh, I really want to be analytics driven, and there is a slight discrepancy in this, but it's important to point out that offensive head coaches tend to be slightly more successful.
Speaker 2: So when I thought, yeah, when I when I thought this this was.
Speaker 1: Going to come out, I thought offense, offense, offense. So but I also think kind of go back to the main point where we're talking about with the with the head of football operations candidates, that these guys are all part of winning physical, tough cultures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, And like we would just talk about what's the plus wick candidates with Dan Quinn, you're you're crippling the Dallas.
Speaker 3: You take yourself for Dallas, you're bringing it here.
Speaker 4: And he knows that roster up and down, so he wouldn't know how to attack that roster attack d Princecott officially and defensively, he'll know the weakness up the defensive players also.
Speaker 5: And you can look at it vice versa. They'll know what he does well too and be able to So I look at him like this, I'm I really care less about whether it's offensive defense. But you made a great point yesterday when talking about just if you bring in that offensive guy, you don't have to worry about Roses.
Speaker 3: Losing him two later. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So you bring instead of bringing that defensive coordinator to a head coach, he go get off.
Speaker 4: The only true advantage I believe, because you guaranteed with success to lose the offensive court.
Speaker 3: And guarantee so that that's the only thing that stands out.
Speaker 5: But when you're trying to build something here, man, you kind of got to just say, hey, what's available, and you know what I mean, and who fits what we're trying to do, and.
Speaker 1: Also think it's apportive point out like dan Quinn's been a head coach and I've been to the Super Bowl. I was with him in Atlanta, and I remember talk having conversations with him about like you know, afterwards, after he'd got fired in Atlanta, he was like, I wish I would have prioritized not coaching development, but just making sure there was a succession plan. So there's a guy who knows kind of like the blind spot of a defensive coordinator is usually that offensive coordinator spot. But he's like, if I if I get to do it again, I'm gonna make sure I take care of that, right. Raheem Morris is a defensive coach from LA we know him medic coach also, but also is a offensive coach. He coached receivers when I was in Atlanta. Who was the past game Cordnat there. So I like guys who again Dan Quinn, I think is is innovative defensively, I like that Raheem Morris knows both sides of the ball.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: He linebacker coached previously. And you know, Aaron Glenn is a guy that I think a fast football is and it kind of flipped that program around.
Speaker 2: It was part of the was part of the flip.
Speaker 1: And I think when you're looking at taking someone from a losing culture in Detroit to a winning culture, seeing that and seeing what that as is also important, you know. And so while you know, maybe not the most effective defense at the moment in the NFL, they do innovative stuff.
Speaker 2: But also he got to see the transition.
Speaker 5: Some of the things he did well is you know, he know how to go out and get the right kind of cornerbacks too, and that's something that we've been having problems with. You look at him when he was in New Orleans, that cornerback play with superbs.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Now you see in Detroit those guys are playing better. So I mean, I think when you look at just his pedigree, you know what he specialized in.
Speaker 3: You one, he a d C, but he's a he's a corner and he's a football player.
Speaker 4: He's a thing about so you know, the one thing he gonna have over some of these other coaches is relationships with players, communication with players, shedding the standard with players, understand that I'm a man that what I say is what I mean.
Speaker 3: Think about it. Number three, pick a cornerback from the fact. I mean, yeah, yeah he was there. Yeah he tried to showed it. He don't, he don't. Whoever wins wins.
Speaker 1: But also so interesting there and I think there's two names down here that really jump out to me. Right it's Mike Mike McDonald because their defense in Baltimore since he's taken over has been awesome. I think it's top five. It's like third points, it's third you know, it's it's this vaunted group and again innovative group, which I like, they understand how to break off his physical physical They understand also Tanna, how to maximize kind of unique talents like I think about Callyamlinson, how like no one really knew how to use him and he goes to Baltimore like, oh, they're going to figure it out. And I think, obviously the position coach deserves a lot of credit, but he deserves a lot of credit. And the other guy on the list that I think is just that the bell of the ball is Ben Johnson and people say why.
Speaker 2: It's because he.
Speaker 1: Calls offenses like Kyle Shanahan, you know, and he knows how to maximize playmakers.
Speaker 3: He's the hot hot, you know.
Speaker 2: He's He's probably the number one candidate in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Like Bellichick's tree, everybody come out, the tree doesn't blossom because I don't know being Johnson personally. I think his play calling is innovative. But can he lead me in? That's always the question.
Speaker 3: With seeds in DCS.
Speaker 2: Can he lead me in?
Speaker 5: And the one thing I always say, because you know, I'll be the first to tell you that I want. I want that head coach that's going to be the ahole at times, you know, the one that's going to kind of love demanded word you're wrong at times. But I think more so than anything, if you get the right kind of assistant coaches, then you don't have to beat him, you know what I mean. You can be that now, that manager or that person. But being that he has an offensive background, he's gonna make you. I'm gonna be call him plays. But for everybody else, I'm just here to let you know I'm the guy. But I got everybody that's gonna put you in line. So that's how I look at it, you know what I mean, It's get the right kind.
Speaker 4: Of coaches over So you would y'all would say he's the mad scientist out the group.
Speaker 3: He's the most innovative.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's so Bobby Slowan. Obviously he's done a great job in Houston, but I think if you look at his resume, Ben Johnson, I'm talking about now taking Jared Golf, a guy that everyone thought was cooked, and making him a top ten quarterback the last couple of years, right, developing a run game, developing an offensive identity, a culture of physicality. There's a lot there from a football standpoints, and those we.
Speaker 4: Think he's out of this group, he's the best. What about the best of all the leader?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think I think that's the thing that's tough about leader men part.
Speaker 5: You know, I like, I like, right, Queen did Raheem? But I knew Raheem? So I remember you.
Speaker 3: Got a person that like like I had with slow Kmouso.
Speaker 4: But I would say those two first because they've been there, done that.
Speaker 5: Have been there proofs in the putt and you actually had him in your building and you knew how he was the guys that wasn't under his umbrella, you know what I mean. I remember being able to talk to Raheem, I'm offensive guy, and just the communication that we had and the things he told me about myself as from watching me. I used to be like, man, you know, no coaches give you this kind of insight, you know what I mean? So you know that's the guy who you want to you know, play for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you know you mentioned that, like, well, we know we both know Raheem, We both I know Dan, we all know Bobby. One thing they're excellent at is communicating with players and building relationship with players. So I'm assuming that three of the guys that we know just happened to be really good at that. I'm sure these other guys that's that's something. And I think Aaron Glen, they just did an NFL player survey. I didn't look this up, but I should have. So he was second in the NFL p A poll for for players recommending coaches that they like. Yes, the number one was Frank Smith in Miami. I think he was number two, which again is an endorsement of how he's.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: So the players on your team, they're saying, how do you like? What do you think of this guy in terms of how he relates and communicates with you?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, tough. Yeah, I think it was two.
Speaker 1: So Frank Smith again, another potential coaching He's not not been reported, but Aaron Glenn I think kind of encapsulates that stuff that we're talking about, which is leading men. But leading men at the NFL is different than in college, where you can kind of be this usteer, almost a bully. Here, it's about communicating and building those relationships, and it just seems like they've got a bunch of guys.
Speaker 2: You know, I played with it. I was coach.
Speaker 1: Anthony Weaver was on the staff when I was in Houston. Again, a guy who just people liked communicate well. So lots lots of exciting football stuff there obviously, and some big decisions yet to come, and we'll obviously keep you informed up to date.
Speaker 3: I want to know, personally, what do you like? What do you like a.
Speaker 4: Newbie, a guy this is your first time, that's a great question. Do you like a guy that's been there, done it? You want a fresh start, because that's how we got Joe Gillibs coach Gibs.
Speaker 3: By them actually hiding him he hadn't proved anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So a couple of things here that I want to point out. One, I think young quarter young coordinators that become head coaches, young head coaches tend to be a little bit hungrier to kind of prove themselves, right. I do think older coaches have better networks. And Tanna talked about how important is to hire good coordinators and good position coaches. So like Dan Quinn has been coaching for twenty five years now, so you.
Speaker 3: Know, he stay out, so he's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I know, I know the perfect O. See, I know the perfect D line coach. And so he's got that at his disposal, unlike Bobby Sloko, again is a good coach. It's had to put a stand, but he's got to put it together right. And so I had a conversation with someone who's up for head coaching job, and he basically said to me, like, I want to make sure that I've coached long enough or my staff can be good enough to support me knowing enough people. So I think obviously the hunger that desire you see the Sean McVay, the Kyle Shanahans of Mike McDaniels, you see that. But also that Tree is so well established that they all know each other, they can develop good staffs, they have really good network. What are the networks going to be like here for them establishing coaching staffs. And I look at you know, Mike mc Mike McDonald for example. He obviously that Baltimore Tree is thick, you know, in terms of guys you can trust.
Speaker 3: The Harball definitely if he come, he's saying come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he shan't come with me, And obviously he knows John Harbaugh from Michigani coach there last year, good coaching staff there. So I think there's a lot of a lot of positive trees that they can draw from, and a lot of coaches they can build from. But I do love a young guy because they seem like they can relate. But obviously, you know, Dan Quinn relates better than any coach I've ever had. He's a little bit of an older guy. So all right, what is this segment called. This segment is called Commanders Advantages. Yes, and it's brought to you by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official credit union of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: Stop searching, go Northwest.
Speaker 1: Check out NWFCU dot org slash Washington to see how easy it is to join and how Northwest can help make your money work for you. Stop by a branch or visit NWFCU dot org slash Washington.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 4: You handed day like Bob Barky, you know you it was all It didn't come off as smooth first.
Speaker 3: Collect but you got it then.
Speaker 1: It's like just muscle memory at this way. Yeah, you get it out here just like this show. All right, So Commanders Advantages and basically the point of this segment, and I think You guys are gonna have some really good insight on this, so I'm exciting. What you got to say is why is this job the job that we just mentioned These coaches, we just mentioned those, uh the head of football oper rations candidates, right what Why would they expect this job? And I think the more you look.
Speaker 3: At it, it's irresistant.
Speaker 2: There's a lot a lot to like.
Speaker 4: First of all, we know this about coaches, They about I need to make the team look like I like me.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, guess what, Not only do you have.
Speaker 4: The most camp money for free agency, you also have all of these draft picks plus a couple of second round picks. D number two pick this team most definitely not because it usually take two or three years for them to bend it.
Speaker 3: To their will because they got a bad contract. Here, a sum here, a main state right here. No, this is clear as it's gonna be clear as the uppercar could ever be. This is best. Not only are you going to be a head coach.
Speaker 4: In the NFCS, you will be renowned known for bringing back one of the stalwart franchises back to glory. Because that's what we got going on right now, hashtagged back to glory, you will be.
Speaker 3: Dead, dude.
Speaker 4: Not only do you being this to your identity, you get to pick your own quarterback if you want to change, You get to pick your own office alignement.
Speaker 3: You get to really do whatever. This is the clay that can be molded.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was putting stuff down on my phone because I know as long as I thought he's gonna talk a little longer, I usually does talk.
Speaker 2: You know, I have when Fred talks, have to take those too. I gotta stay. That could be like a fifteen minutes little modelogue.
Speaker 5: So when you ask me, why would this be a sexy spot, you know far as to come in there and be a coach. I look at destination, you know, DC, DMB who don't want I look at the ownership. You know what this ownship, you know you far as, you know what they have done, their track record, and what they're trying to do. Then I look at the potential of a new stadium coming soon, you know what I mean, that's something probably years away from here, but it's coming probably no more than five or six years. And then I look at the cap space out of your first year, the cap room you have to go out there and do what you do, especially when it comes to free agents, the draft picks that we have.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got five in the first Still can trade five in the first?
Speaker 2: What three round?
Speaker 3: Three rounds?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And just you know you're right, still can trade and get more for that depending on what you know where everything's starting to you know, add up when it comes to quarterbacks, who's going to stay in the top five, top.
Speaker 3: Ten or who might drop?
Speaker 5: So you have so much room, wiggle room, I say, when it comes to this scene and.
Speaker 3: Just man, look who don't want to be here in DC?
Speaker 5: I feel like what's going on with with this Harris group. I think it's gonna be new, It's exciting, it's gonna be new, and before you know, it's gonna be their stamp. You know they're gonna be able to say this is what we bring, this is what we are.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I think right now it still has that vibe or that feeling of that they're the new owners, but it's still someone else's team.
Speaker 3: They know what I'm saying, print on.
Speaker 5: They'll put their fingerprint or their foot in it enough yet so that wouldn't lead any coaches say, man, I want to be a part of that. Yeah, you know, I see what these guys have done else world. Let me let me come and join that and be a part of that group.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think the you mentioned ownership, and I think, you know, we got to give them a shout out because like of how they handled Ron, I think that shows incoming coaches and how they can they can trust with their owners shay right, because they said Ron, we're gonna be the end of the year, Ron landed the plane. They let Ron hang around the building a lot yesterday. They weren't like, you know, here's your stuff, get out of here kind of thing. They treated him like a human being. And I think that was something with the old ownership that it wasn't there. That was that people didn't like, right, they didn't. If you're a coach coming in, you weren't always sure how you're going to be treated. The draft pick thing is great, you know, second overall pick is such a huge carrot. Right now, you get to pick, probably gonna pick a quarterback. Obviously it's gonna be Drake mayor Caleb right, or you trade the pick, whatever you're gonna do. But that's a valuable piece, right, Yeah, you mentioned the top I mean top five picks in the first three rounds. But I look at the thirty sixth pick, I look at the second big over. I look at the fortieth pick, like you got a bunch of draft capital right there to kind of make some big impact moves, and they're gonna be some good football players there. I started my draft prep over the last couple of days. There's some good football players here around.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of depth in the CAP's.
Speaker 1: Place, Tanna. I mean you mentioned that eighty six million dollars total cap, effective cap is sixty three million. That number, I think is a slightly misleading because they only have twenty seven people on the roster at a moment, right, Yeah, so they got to re sign mention of a team. Yeah, I gotta re sign a lot of people, right, But I think, Fred, you brought this up that can.
Speaker 2: Kind of be a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because it's like, oh, shoot, well we gotta fill we gotta fil a whole bunch of roster spots.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Let's get guys to fit me that I want, right, I want the guys.
Speaker 5: To get the guys that we see oare playing now playing on the you know, who's playing Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: And I can say it is if you're listening that there you listening the new guy. If you listen, if you like baseball, if you like basketball, if you.
Speaker 3: Like hockey, don't forget this ownership group. You can get you to the Devil's Game seventy six. And if you like baseball, you to the doctors.
Speaker 5: Don't forget that and that and that's down the street, right, we got you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I also think ownership, I go back to ownership of how appetizing that makes this. They're going to let you do football stuff. Yeah, yes, they're not going to come in. They're not going to come in and be like you know what. I think you just take a quarterback here, It's like, well he's not on our board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, this one hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 2: So I think that's something that like that ownership.
Speaker 1: You brought it up, and I think that's such a good point, like just having that scaffolding there.
Speaker 3: Hey, you get to meet the President of America if you come here the President of America. Yeah, you guaranteed to meet the president.
Speaker 2: If you met the President of America.
Speaker 3: Think about it. I been here since. Oh one of them, Yeah, I met to them. What's that? Three of them? Who I met? I met Bush? Bush Meet. I read to the kids at at the White House my first year.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you really on Eastern?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It had to be Eastern?
Speaker 2: But I didn't make book. Did you read? I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It was it was the cat.
Speaker 5: It was something for like some kindergarten to first I think kendergarten the second grade group.
Speaker 3: Of kids that I was reading too. But it was cool man. And then I met Obama before you and became president.
Speaker 5: He had he had this little I guess you can say, you know, when they kind of make their appearances, make their rounds and you got different sponsors. That's trying to you know, bring people, you know, to awareness of this guy.
Speaker 3: It was a group that was in Maryland. I believe.
Speaker 5: They asked me and Sewan Springs to be a part of their party, and they sold out tickets and Obama popped up. Obama popped the square in front of me and talked to me about football, talking about about the Chicago Bears gonna beat us that year, and we beat Chicago, and all I can think about, you know, dud Bro when I tell you the guys set there with me and Bluefoot and the bastard had a cigarette. You know, Fred has a lot of those around. He talked football man, and he talked about and he knew us for one, and so I was kind of like.
Speaker 3: See, that's the shocking thing.
Speaker 4: Every president know you and you don't know it, like they know logan policy because they watched the game.
Speaker 5: So he talked football, and it was just crazy that that season we needed to win that Chicago game to kind of get in the mix.
Speaker 3: And I had a big game. So I'm seeing that thing to myself.
Speaker 2: He watched, Yeah, he watched.
Speaker 3: We don't think about him.
Speaker 5: Sitting there saying I talked to Tanner before this game, you know, earlier this ship. But nah, it was cool just to be able to chop it up with him. So that's that's something neat. You know, you think about winning the Super Bowl, getting to do that, we actually had the opportunity and then.
Speaker 4: Win the Super Bowl, still get the meeting, and don't forget about all the embassies here.
Speaker 3: So princesses, Princess King's queen, they're watching you. I met you. I'm just saying y'all don't think about that stuff. I have been overseas and somebody was like, yeah, I come to the embassy all the time.
Speaker 2: In d C.
Speaker 4: We love watching I'm like wow, like I think sometimes we don't. We forget the reach of the DMV. If if America is the most powerful country in the world, DC is the most powerful city.
Speaker 2: We are brought to you by Bet three sixty five at Bet three six five. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic right now.
Speaker 1: New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account of Bet three six five. Use a QR code to sign up, deposit ten and choose between either first bet safety Net offer. By placing a bet up to one thousand and if you're qualifying, bet loses, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or betting get offer and place a bet of five dollars or more at one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. Bet three sixty five official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, are you doing the discommer No?
Speaker 3: You you supposed to deed. What is the third man?
Speaker 1: We don't hey, red go do must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you were someone who you know has a gambling problem and wants to help, call one eight hundred gambler, it would add logan.
Speaker 3: Logan, I got a problem with gambling. I can't stop shooting craps.
Speaker 2: Well, we have a very special guest. Guys, it is her.
Speaker 3: It is her. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In turn, Caroline Victor of the Fantasy Football Game, congratulations, you guys got damn friend.
Speaker 2: Ye a hater, I am a hate hater. F hater.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, I had a question. Hey, I had a question.
Speaker 5: I think Jason can answered this. How did I end up playing London when he was undefeated when we played?
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like it was like a playoffs.
Speaker 3: This thing was not correct. Okay, so he played in the playoffs, so he lost in the playoff or something. So did he lose against me?
Speaker 2: And because Caroline, Caroline, Caroline explained.
Speaker 3: What I understand that.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, explain to Carolina.
Speaker 2: Look at those rigs, girl, you got the championship ring on.
Speaker 1: We gotta get that on camera. Yeah, you got five or six big rings on it. It looks like Tom Brady out here.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 3: We ain't got my winning ring mail ring winners.
Speaker 6: When guys, I mean and Fred, give me a little slow clap.
Speaker 3: That hate out your car.
Speaker 2: We hold that coffee for it.
Speaker 6: So what happened in the Fantasy League was these two played in the loserble uh and Fred Yeah, yes, we'll get to that later. But YouTube played in the loserble. You were the worst two teams, and Tanna played Ryan our boss in the summis and so Ryan beat you, and then I played London in the semis and I beat Lunch, got the consolation game, got you.
Speaker 3: I want to happen men, men, men, men, and then you won and then I won it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you won in a demonstrative boy. According to this she I know.
Speaker 6: Ryan kind of flopped because he's so Amari Cooper had like fifty points the week before, but then he was listed as questionable and I guess he like gambled and excuse me, wrong word, he you know, made as.
Speaker 2: Made an educated decision about the health of a pleasure.
Speaker 6: Ryan wasn't gambling. There's no money involved in this but just pride. Some of us care more about it, but some of us don't.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: If you lose, you love.
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell you one person on my like, this is what I know.
Speaker 3: Jason did not sub my guys properly. Jason did not your team. It's your team. No drafted my team.
Speaker 5: Once Jason drafted your team, you're supposed to take the liberty and go on there and check them out and do yourself.
Speaker 3: For three weeks. And then Jason, every time you lost, yeah listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably it was really good. So Caroline, who was on your team? And can we talk about why you were so successful.
Speaker 3: This year because we didn't really play, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're in like six there was a couple of games.
Speaker 3: Was your war record? What was your record? Because like some cheat because you understand something.
Speaker 5: Caroline just shows you the prime example of when it gets to that crunch time, anybody can take you home.
Speaker 3: It's no logic too.
Speaker 5: But London had he was undefeated before he got into the damn playoffs and then he just ended up losing two games.
Speaker 6: He still a lot of glues in the regular season when he was undefeated, and I think I beat him.
Speaker 2: I think you did. I think that was the big we talked about that.
Speaker 6: I think so too.
Speaker 2: Okay a comment if you remember fans, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Basically, if you were actually played fantasy, there was a lot of inconsistency. Then really good players Justin.
Speaker 3: Jefferson didn't all this year.
Speaker 4: A lot of guys that you thought was gonna be the core of your Teamnte Adams.
Speaker 2: Justin Jefferson the receiver, wasn't he like third? He was like leading the NFL. He got but then he got hurt.
Speaker 3: Heard about six.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, he was like crushing it.
Speaker 3: So like nobody.
Speaker 5: What he's saying is that particular day that you want that guy to be that guy, you can't either play him or when you do pick him, you.
Speaker 3: Don't know, okay, and he doesn't show up, you see him.
Speaker 6: Justin Jefferson is like top three Fantasy. Like he got a thousand yards and he missed seven or eight games.
Speaker 5: He's so, did he still get a thousand yards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he crossed the bow. That is great.
Speaker 6: So anyway, he came alive again the last few weeks. I started rotating him back, so that definitely helped because he kind of came out the gate again, just like being good Cy DeVante Adams too, like the last week, he was just like crushing it.
Speaker 2: You got a good team.
Speaker 6: Oh, I also reall in that one game against US, just five.
Speaker 2: It's so funny that I had Smith on my team, so obviously very talented team. Let's talk abou.
Speaker 1: Let's make it commander centric here, this conversation best commander in fantasy Okay, So, actually all.
Speaker 6: Right, so I looked up some actual numbers instead of you know, well, I didn't really count Sam in this because quarterbacks typically get they should at point, so I didn't include Sam in this, but he was the top if he were really going to go by that, I thought I get some actual numbers, So I didn't just you know, Fred smooth up here and split some random numbers for you.
Speaker 3: I thought I get some colleague. Well, just skiing here next, your colleague will.
Speaker 6: Put some truth on this show.
Speaker 3: I'm the pope.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: The top commander minus Sam was b Rob. He had won seventy one total with fourteen games played.
Speaker 2: So is that good? I have no context for that.
Speaker 6: It's pretty yeah, it's good. That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 6: I mean for fourteen games too, And so the second was Terry with one sixty one, but he was at sixteen, but he did drop a donut one week, which definitely hurt him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that could everybody. I had so Waite probably with that, and then.
Speaker 6: I had Curtis at three with one twenty two.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: I mean those are the most effective guys in the team, right yeah, all right? And then in your opinion, your expert opinion, now that you've won the Commander's Fantasy League, who was the breakout sleeper? Me?
Speaker 2: Boy, please, boy, please? What that was?
Speaker 3: Executive? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 6: How what?
Speaker 3: How could you possibly?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 3: Just blame Jason. Jason be hating me. God, he's too much.
Speaker 1: It's like I thought, I thought we'd see a new Fred here, like more humbled after the basketball experience.
Speaker 2: But no, it's impossible. But I'm still.
Speaker 6: You should just regroup.
Speaker 3: Ain't no letting the camp down. You gotta stay.
Speaker 2: I got you, I got you.
Speaker 6: Okay, So breakout sleeper for my team it was Brice Hall or George Pickens.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, those are excellent, excellent football players. And he was pretty explosive down the stretch of.
Speaker 6: Pickings, right, yeah, he was like kind of similar. That's what I'm saying. Inconsistency, Like in.
Speaker 3: The cornerback change came when it went, it happened.
Speaker 4: But mine was probably my blow up guys was who I don't know shop.
Speaker 2: You don't even know it's on your team, which is okay, Fred, you didn't take it serious.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Hey, at the end of the day, Jason sent me up for failure and I failed.
Speaker 2: You can't you can't say you're executive in the year.
Speaker 3: It was like saying that you cheated onf some my paper and they and we both got out. Why do you studying your team?
Speaker 6: Like, isn't awful?
Speaker 3: Who's tell me what I got?
Speaker 2: Jason? That Fred is taking ownership.
Speaker 3: I rent the house from him. Yeah, so we got nobody.
Speaker 2: He's got to all right, all right, I didn't even know those on your team didn't even know that. Who.
Speaker 6: I think the week you won, you you have d J Morre and I'm pretty sure you played it. Yes, I think it was he had one good.
Speaker 5: Game, gives us fawns twelve?
Speaker 3: Who what do you he slowed down at the end of the year.
Speaker 6: Who else got checkom games man?
Speaker 3: Listen, Jason, last don't failure?
Speaker 6: What did you said, Carolyn twenty six points last year? And you have to you swift, you've the Eagles running.
Speaker 4: He slowed down and didn't let you listen. Jason, he's sabotage man. I've been sabotized before. Yeah, nobody call what do?
Speaker 3: I got a pro bowl?
Speaker 2: Do? I got on to uh too? Was in the m VP conversation for like fifty percent years.
Speaker 6: Also on your bench you have Josh Jacobs and Clyde Edwards, Hilaire neither one, Tyler Lockett, Hopkins listen, have a.
Speaker 3: Big Hopkins listen.
Speaker 2: But this is the worst.
Speaker 3: Hell, y'all not realized. It's only five people, six people in.
Speaker 6: Johnathanor worried.
Speaker 3: Dude, what are you?
Speaker 7: He didn't kill He didn't even knows understand that he didn't care. He was talking all every week we talked about this Fanny stuff. And do you think Fred went on that phone and look, no, he didn't care. He blames Jason and the one week he won, remember that, I'm the best GM.
Speaker 1: Wait, how did you beat everybody and then lose? Oh that was when he didn't start.
Speaker 3: You ain't starting.
Speaker 5: Nobody lost, Hey, Caroline, just tell him even the garbage gets to stay carry now and then.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, we were the last team when I was here to beat the EVA Empire of New England before they started winning nineteen championships, so I have to have good victories now.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, back to Carolina. She's the expert here on.
Speaker 6: Talking about fantasy. You're talking about real life.
Speaker 2: Well said my fantasy team. Who is this year's fantasy m v purse m v P for me? For your team or for the for our league?
Speaker 6: Probably Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: Here it sads, he's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Come for me.
Speaker 6: Josh Allen is good. Justin Jefferson is really good, but he missed up bunch of games.
Speaker 2: Josh.
Speaker 4: If I could only head Josh Allen, man, I wish I had anybody there's steal in the n f A.
Speaker 1: My guy, dude, that that that that argument doesn't weak. That argument doesn't work when you we just read off your team of like.
Speaker 2: Like seven football play guys.
Speaker 1: All right, and then can you give us analysis on the toilet Bowl, which is between me and Fred and why.
Speaker 2: Fred, let's go look at that. Let's go look.
Speaker 3: Let's get that you.
Speaker 1: Did wind eighty three points.
Speaker 3: Somehow you just thank it than I say, what, what's the trophy and frozen turn trophy? I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Some tissue, some dirty tissue.
Speaker 6: You're telling me Logan got you in the basketball game and the Toilet Bowl.
Speaker 2: Six, I lost, I lost, you lost, I think I lost. Oh yeah, So so Fred? So Fred doesn't know anything about fantasy. I don't know. I know less than Fred.
Speaker 3: You can't get Fred that credit, man, get that credit, Jason.
Speaker 1: So the score was a one twenty five point nine to eighty three point eighty four. And I don't know a lot about fantasy, but that seems like a very small number.
Speaker 6: DJ Morgan just lit it up for you over there.
Speaker 3: Thank you don't even know it.
Speaker 2: That's my DJ.
Speaker 3: Jason.
Speaker 2: Great jobs, Jason, Great jobs.
Speaker 6: Go ahead was pretty good. You should have tried a little hard.
Speaker 3: Come on, hey, I'm one of them guys. Man, you gotta let that river flows.
Speaker 1: Not really, I mean, if you, if you actually you're getting Jason all this time, and we are our fantasy expert. Caroline says, that's a well drafted team, so I'm gonna trust Carell.
Speaker 6: It's pretty it's pretty solid.
Speaker 3: We had how many people nobody goes to a rest run it's pretty slid.
Speaker 6: Sick, so we all should get some Nobody.
Speaker 2: Even on my team, who was the who scored the most points.
Speaker 6: From he was really good?
Speaker 3: Lamar lamar, lamar.
Speaker 2: And here the most points. Did anyone else score any points or no?
Speaker 6: You this like see this is the unlucky part. Like your guys just had a bad day straight up.
Speaker 5: Like I've been on fantasy leagues like that. I have all the best and I'm on showt when.
Speaker 4: It's ime what you call a fantasy league bandit because I didn't been in like six fans so and I have yet to pay off any money.
Speaker 1: So Terry, I'm running in Carol, because you're the expert. If you're giving someone advice for fantasy football, ain't nothing. What's the advice.
Speaker 6: I'm not the expert.
Speaker 3: You won.
Speaker 4: This is people whoever was hot the year before, it's gonna be at the top of the draft. Don't draft because they won't have hot back to back big old year Justin Jefferson was number one. Look at all the top fantasy guys from the year before and tell me what they did this year. Just jeff Jefferson won at the top of it. A lot of these guys were not at the top. That was at the top of the year before.
Speaker 6: Christian McCaffrey has been the top fantasy guy for the bow was Lamar also really good fantasy.
Speaker 3: It's probably been his biggest fantasy year this year.
Speaker 6: You want to v you wanted, But so what's the advice the advice so I don't know the exact thing for I don't know if our league was you know what running backs, when they catch a pass, it counts as a point, so it was so you want to get a running back that catches the ball a lot too, because they just get a quick point just straight off an easy pass. I mean, Christian McCaffrey runs the ball for ten yards, that's a point. So I think about how many times he gets it just a plane run for ten yards against us it was going So he does that, he catches a few passes, and then he scores a touchdown. He had a touchdown streak of like seventeen games. So he's my number one fantasy guy. And Lamar has also just been playing out of this world.
Speaker 2: So your advice is find good football, find.
Speaker 6: Dual threats, and then find a sleeper like I had a lave on the Saints, and he was pretty good some weeks.
Speaker 2: But so how do you make the decision to say is going to start the boot?
Speaker 6: So I thought that he would be the saints number one ride receiver pretty much because but he like never plays. So my thought process was, oh, yeah, Derek Carton throwing the ball off didn't really a lot of res but you know, I mean, it's worth a shot. You have to find somebody that one of these people when everyone's drafting.
Speaker 1: This is the analysis from the expert Boo. Find good football players that score touchdowns and catch passes and then find a sleeper and.
Speaker 3: Don't let Jason draft your team. How about that, we've just proven that.
Speaker 6: That's also draft a quarterback. Of the drafted the quarterback.
Speaker 3: She is the only one real old team and she won. I dropped my quarterback.
Speaker 6: Tenna and I were doing it live.
Speaker 5: I had mine, but I wasn't playing around. I had Pat Mahomes and then I had backups. I had a slew of backup from now we only it was only six players in this league.
Speaker 2: So I had a gang.
Speaker 3: Let me let me tell you my lemon reading. And that's the thing.
Speaker 4: See, the two people that took their destiny in their hand. They had high scores than the.
Speaker 3: People that Jason took care of.
Speaker 2: I let the computer do mine because I'm not gonna put that evil on Jason.
Speaker 6: I mean, Jason was better than Logans.
Speaker 3: So this is my team.
Speaker 2: My team was thank you Caroline for supporting Jason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's all Jason behind friend's always like the computer.
Speaker 6: The computer picks and it's better to a on mynology.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'll got youall versions.
Speaker 5: I got the trick out check off my guys. I had Pat Mahomes.
Speaker 2: That's prettyod.
Speaker 5: These are the guys that started like the last couple of weeks from me. I had Pat Mahomes, Mike Evans, I mean, DJ Metcalf, Jay Flowers, that's all you need.
Speaker 3: Montgomery a chain, the porter.
Speaker 2: I like that, it seems like and then I have enough.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 5: Was my bench was Dotson. I had Tyreek Hill on the bench because he heard his ankle.
Speaker 3: He was playing for me the whole year. That doesn't sound nothing like my team. I had Robinson on the bench.
Speaker 2: I had c J.
Speaker 3: Stroude on the bench.
Speaker 1: I tell you, I got his fun out on the bench and he can't even figure out where it is my kicker on Otter Tick.
Speaker 5: Look, my kicker was Tucker and my defense was the Jets.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad day. But you see what this is my thing.
Speaker 3: This is my point. I got third in the league.
Speaker 5: But my point is, you see all I had. You just have to know when to put him in. Because because I had Tyreek Hill in the one game, that's why he ate up on my bench because he was hurt that game.
Speaker 3: I didn't know and I gambled like she said, I gambled and.
Speaker 5: Say, hell he's gonna play. They say he questionable, and he didn't. He didn't play, So you know when things blow up on my face the next week, he wasn't playing it all. So I benched him and that's the way he had like sixteen points.
Speaker 2: So all right, Caroline, final thoughts anything.
Speaker 6: On to that, Uh, nothing much. Just want to say thanks for having me and Victory Labs all Yeah, it's my victory line.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, congrats on winning, well deserved, big Rings show everybody out, thanks so much for providing that great insight and that's gonna do it for today's show. Yeah, make sure you guys tune in on YouTube and are we still doing two shows on what are We Doing Now?
Speaker 2: Jason? What's the once week Now?
Speaker 1: We're moving once a week for the off seasons, but you can check us out on Spotify and YouTube.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and our hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.