Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Ted Cruz, the Weekend Review, Ben Ferguson with you, and here are the big stories that you may have missed that we talked about this week. First up, we may be finding out a lot more about what Harvard has been doing with your tax dollars this as the President has said, we are going to stop sending many to Harvard after some of their radical ideology has been on full display, including rewarding students with big grants who went after Jewish students. Will have those details for you in just a second. Also, in PR, are we going to defund them? It looks like there's a very good chance MPR may have to stand on their own two legs for the first time ever. Why will this happen and what could it mean for your tax dollars? And finally, Planned Parenthood in an undercover sting operations exposed for prescribing hormones for minors. When it comes to with gender affirming care, it's the week Can Review and it starts right now as they fight this final question, is there an opportunity through this legal challenge for us to even be able to find out more about what Harvard is doing? Is that part of what could happen in the upside here is Hey, we get to ask more questions, we get to see more behind the books, we get to see more of the propaganda that we were talking about right now.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely right, And I'm going to say the facts are going to get worse and worse as they come out. Harvard doesn't want people to know the fact. So, for example, there were a whole series of stories that came out about the Harvard Law Review. Now, now, what is the Harvard Law Review. The Harvard Law Review is a legal journal that's at Harvard Law School that has eighty students who are student editors. And getting on the Law Review is incredibly prestigious. It is incredibly difficult to do. Typical Harvard Law School class is about five hundred and sixty people, so you have about forty people out of five sixty that make it on the class make it on the Law Review.
Speaker 1: When I'm there, I was on the Law Review.
Speaker 3: When I was there, roughly half of the editors on the Law Review made it from a combination of grades and a week long, incredibly arduous writing competition. Another roughly half made it from purely the writing competition, But when I say roughly half, at the time it was thirty two where grades in writing, thirty two were just writing and then eight were reserved for affirmative action. That's when I was there. Now, by all appearances, it has gotten much worse. It was brazen then, It was racially discriminatory then, but it is now much worse. The Harvard Law Law Review now uses race explicitly to number one select their editors. And by the way, becoming an editor at the Law Review increases your chances of getting a judicial clerkship, dramatically increases your chances of getting a Supreme Court clerkship, dramatically increases your chances of getting hired by a big prestigious law firm that pays a lot of money, dramatically increases your chances of becoming a professor at a prestigious university dramatically. So the Law Review is a major gateway to elite success in the legal world. And the Harvard Law Review now in writing, they are quite open in saying that that they will discriminate for editors based on race, and they will also discriminate on the articles they pick. So, for example, in a twenty twenty four memo. One journal article argue that the fact that the author was quote not from an underrepresented background was a negative when it came to evaluating the piece for publication. There is a Quote Holistic Review Committee, which now selects nearly half the student editors and has made the inclusion of quote underrepresented groups its first priority. You're saying violates Title six.
Speaker 2: So to be clear, you're there's a chance now that if you were at Harvard you wouldn't get picked. Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know, and you don't know, So I say that what's interesting about it is you genuinely don't know. Is one of the things that they're very clever in how they discriminate, because you don't know on what basis you were admitted. I had the grades to get in on grades, and I think I did well in the writing competition, but I have no idea which of the slots I was in, because nobody does. They don't tell you. They just announced the forty editors that have gotten in, So I don't know. But I'll tell you a story I've told before. So when I was on the Law of You, there were a number of conservative editors, and we made a run at ending affirmative action in the law of you.
Speaker 1: And I have to admit I sat.
Speaker 3: Back there was we were all eighty of us were gathered in a classroom and we were debating this, and there were some other students that were really kind of leading the charge, some other conservatives.
Speaker 1: I agreed with them, but I also could care votes.
Speaker 3: And out of the eighty students there were maybe eight or ten of us that were conservatives. We were a tiny minority. So I was like, look, we ain't gonna win the vote, but all right, this is fine, let's have the debate. So we're having the debate, and I was sitting in the back. It was fairly quiet, and I remember this one supercilious liberal stood up and said, if we eliminate affirmative action, the Harvard Law Review will be nothing but white men. And I have to admit I was kind of a little bit checked out in the back of the room and I heard that, and that pissed me off, and I said, you know what, you want to understand why affirmative action is so insidious. The arrogance of that imbecile just showed it. His belief as an enlightened leftist is that if merit were the only criterion, only white men would get in, that no one who is African American would get in. Who is Hispanic? And let's be clear, I'm Hispanic. He's sitting there. And in fact, I I said, all right, big guy, you want to pull your transcript out in my transcript and drop him on the table right there, Let's see what pure merit produces. But there was something even more dripping in his leftist condescension, which is, at the time, the Harvard affirmative Action program did not include gender, so there was not affirmative action for women. And I said to all the women editors, do you hear what he just said to you? He believes if it's pure merit, no women would make it. And by the way, historically all the women editors who were liberals voted against adding gender to affirmative action because they recognized that if it was added to it that that people it would devalue what they had accomplished. But it showed just the absolute arrogance of the left when it comes to embracing racism, because at the end of the day, they that they look down on the poor benighted people that will only succeed in life with their beneficence. And by the way, the price for that beneficence is for them to be loyal and obedient for the rest of their lives. I mean, that is the very explicit left wing charter the affirmative Action.
Speaker 2: Is based on, which brings us to another story where this stuff started on college campuses and now it's made our way into courtrooms. The Tesla Arson suspect one of them, and there's a lot of mout there, right, but this one specifically, and we'll get to the story of what happened here in a second, but has been quote released because of gender transition. Would be at risk if they didn't release. So if you're going to jail, just say you're doing a gender transition and apparently then the law cannot hold you accountable for your terrorist actions.
Speaker 3: So there's an individual named Owen McIntyre who was on spring break in Missouri and he firebombed to Tesla cyber tree. He threw molotov cocktails, he fire bombed it. He got caught, and he was charged charged with domestic terrorism. And then what happened is his federal public defender argued that going to jail will disrupt his gender affirming medical care, which began in March of this year. It is likely to be interrupted or terminated entirely if he remains in pre trial detention. And the federal magistrate judge bought that argument and let him go.
Speaker 1: And let me say one.
Speaker 3: Of the craziest things about this story. You and I Ben spent twenty minutes trying to figure out if this defendant is male or female.
Speaker 2: By the way, and the pride he's not lying. I want to be clear about that. We literally are googling everything is a dude is a chick? If we don't know what it is like, that's the insanity of the.
Speaker 3: Where we live, and we can't tell. And you and I actually disagree. So I think this is a person who was born female who has decided that she is a he and wants to be a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the reason I think that, The reason I think that is we've googled it and every damn story.
Speaker 1: Uses he he he he he.
Speaker 3: And and given the insane Orwellian world we live in, I think if ABC is referring to this person as a he and the person is transgender, that that to me means the person was born as she.
Speaker 1: Now your argument is, Ben.
Speaker 2: This is a dude that grew in his hair and it looks like a chick.
Speaker 1: Then why does all the media refer to this person as a he?
Speaker 2: Because I think everybody's lost their damn minds, That's what I think, and I think I mean, and the fact that we even are at the point where we have to have this discussion tells you how insane the world is.
Speaker 3: You Literally, every story I clicked on, I googled it and clicked on story after story, and there's not one that actually describes the facts one way or the other. So if I know, but either way, look, the federal prosecutors argue this person is a domestic terrorist. They're throwing Molotov cocktails, and it is. It is woke politics taken to the level of insanity, that that that to get a sex change treatment is now reason to be forgiven for domestic terrorism, although to be fair, it's not forgiven. It's released from pre trialed attention. But it is still insane.
Speaker 2: Well, but it's it's helping you, right, it's helping you not be held accountable for your actions. And it's also I think pretty clear that we're saying, if you want to not be held accountable for your actions, just claim something that's woke, and these radical judges will be like, oh, we totally understand. Let's just change the rules for you because you're in our you're in our special protected class, and we want to see you succeed in your transgenderism, which is not supposed to be the job of the court.
Speaker 3: Well, I got to say this, This insanity is a big part of the reason Donald Trump won in November and we got a Republican House at a Republican Senate, because I think a lot of people are looking at this and saying this stuff is crazy.
Speaker 2: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week. Now onto story number two. There may be accountability coming very very soon. When it comes to the issue of NPR. This is something that the presidents talked about a lot taxpayers don't like it. It's been pretty obvious that at MPR in PBS there's a lot of our tax dollars that are going to activists and to those in the far left that want to indoctrinate people through our tax dollars, and now accountability may be coming to NPR.
Speaker 1: Well, that's right.
Speaker 3: So the President signed an executive order ending the tax fair subsidy of NPR and PBS, both of which received millions from taxpayers, and they're just part of and propaganda outlets. The order reads as follows by the authority vested to me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States. It is hereby ordered NPR and PBS they will be shut down from cash. And let me read some facts on NPR. So NPR ran a story entitled quote Cannibalism It's perfectly natural, in which the author look like, by the way, how am I saying this?
Speaker 1: How is this real? The author describes.
Speaker 3: Eating in others humans plus centa. So let me read this excerpt for this is from an NPR story. In the book, you describe getting invited over for dinner by one of your sources to eat her placenta.
Speaker 1: How was that? Was it good? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was really the prep that made it taste good. Granted the husband was a chef, so he knew how to prepare it Osubuka style and used a really nice wine. I had bought it smelled great, it didn't taste bad. I wouldn't do it again. I don't have any regrets I did this. So I just want to go back to the title NPR cannibalism. It's perfectly natural, all right. In twenty twenty one, another story, NPR said the Declaration of Independence was a document with quote flaws and deeply ingrained hypocrisies. Here's what they wrote, The Declaration is a document with flaws and deeply ingrained hypocrisies. It also laid the foundation for our collective aspirations, our hope for what America could be. So in that spirit, here again is the Declaration of Independence, as read by the NPR staff. So that was twenty twenty one where they just crapped on the Declaration of Independence and then they read it. You know what they did in twenty twenty two, what's that? They said, We're not going to read the Declaration of Independence anymore. So it was a long tradition, And in twenty they tweeted the following this July fourth, we break with tradition. Instead of reading the Declaration of Independence, we examine what a quality means and is meant in this document. Important segment about our past and future. That so the Declaration of Independence is apparently no longer allowed on NPR because apparently hating America is NPR's mission.
Speaker 2: Yet again, your tax dollar is hard at work here, So there's going to be pushback, right, there's gonna be fighting here. Ultimately, what are the chances that this sticks and that we actually say, hey, you're not getting tax dours for this radical agenda that you're pressing and trying to indoctrinate on so many people.
Speaker 3: So look, I am hopeful. I want it to happen. I'm fighting for it to happen. Let me give you another example. NPR issued an editor's note warning that the Declaration of Independence is quote a document that contains offensive language. And here this was in twenty twenty two editor's note on July eighth, twenty twenty two. The story quotes the US Declaration of Independence a document that contains offensive language about Native Americans, including a racial slur. That was what they were saying the Declaration they find offensive in the NPR. Also in twenty nineteen, they apologized for calling illegal immigrants illegal and they posted.
Speaker 1: Quote, sorry, that was a mistake.
Speaker 3: NPR's policy is not to characterize people as illegal. By the way, in federal law, an illegal alien is referred to as an illegal alien.
Speaker 1: That is in the United States Code.
Speaker 3: But NPR says, we slip up from time to time, but we'll keep working hard to get it right. They also here was another story NPR sounded the alart about young men who abstained from masturbating to pornography. And here was the headline of the story in NPR in twenty twenty four. Masturbation abstinence is popular online. Doctors and therapists are worried, like what the hell? Here was another story. NPR featured a Valentine's Day story around quote queer animals, in which it suggested the make believe clownfish in Finding Nemo would have been better off as a female. And that quote banana slugs are hermaphrodites, and that quote some deer are non binary. The title of the story was Manny Loves Cayenne plus five facts about queer animals for Valentine's Day. Okay, these people are freaks. Queer animals for Valentine's Day. This is what they're writing. By the way, a year ago, this was twenty twenty four, Valentine's Day. They also devoted a panel to what it means to be woke and to quote white privilege, and the title was stay woke. This this is this is all right, I'll give you another story. They routinely promote chemical and surgical mutilation of children, calling it quote gender affirming care, without mentioning the irreversible damage caused by these procedures. And finally, in twenty twenty one, a PBS program aired a quote children's programs, this is what they're talking about to kids, featuring a drag queen named little Miss hot Mess. And here's drag Queen. Little Miss hot Mess sings the hips on the drag queen go Swish Swiss Squish to a virtual child audience on an episode of Let's Learn This is who they are? By the way, okay, one more that I that there are two more that there's so many they keep piling up. NPR educated the nation on quote the whole community of gender queer, dinosaur enthusiasts and trans Sarah toops. So here's a quote from the story. Many people who are queer, whether they are trans or some other form of gender queer or whatever it is, we love dinosaurs. Along with being a dinosaur expert, Riley is herself transgender. According to Riley, there is a whole community of gender queer dinosaur enthusiasts online. We had no idea, so we checked it out. Sure enough, they're there. We found dozens of paleo artists online that identify as queer type dinosaur. Into the LGBT subreddit, hundreds of results with pride dinos, rainbow dinos, dino moms, dino dads, and lots of puns like ali saurus, and then all right here the last couple. Then PBS White House correspondent Yamichi Alsandor characterized President Trump's patriotic twenty twenty Mount Rushmore speech as a love letter to quote white resentment that promoted the myth of America. And then all right, NPR suggested that ar't here's something nutty. Doorway sizes are based on quote Layton fat phobia. They also said they assigned reporters to investigate how the thumbs up emoji is racist. They have a story which skin color emoji should you use? The answer can be more complex than you think. These people are idiots, they are radicals, They're zealots now by the way, they're entitled to idiots and radicals and zealots.
Speaker 1: But Ben, why should you pay for that? Why should I?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly the point that the President's making as well, and why there's a good chance we may actually get a big victory on this one.
Speaker 1: Don't forget. We do this show Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Speaker 2: Hit that subscriber auto download button on those in between days, grab my podcast, the Ben Ferguson Podcast. I'll keep you updated on the latest breaking news there as well, and the Senator and I will see you back here on Friday morning.
Speaker 1: As before.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and download the podcast from early this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story number three of the week.
Speaker 1: You may have.
Speaker 2: Missed, Senator. In our final segment. I want to talk about something that is shocking. This is exactly why we do the show, why we do a podcast three days a week, and what you're about to hear right now, I hope that you will share it. Grab the podcast, subscribe, hit that autodalo button, and share the podcast wherever you are on social media. This is why we do the show to get stories like this out to the masses. This one deals with shocking expose on Planned Parenthood. They have now been exposed for prescribing hormones to minors in an undercover investigation.
Speaker 1: Well that's right.
Speaker 3: Planned Parenthood was caught in a sting and undercover phone calls were made by the pro life activist group Live Action, and it showed that that Planned Parenthood clinics across multiple states offer cross sex hormone treatments to miners as young as seventeen, with very little parental supervision and very little medical supervision. Live Action did an undercover investigation in which a woman posed as a sixteen year old miner and she called dozens of Planned Parenthood locations seeking what she called gender affirming care. At least seven different facilities said sure, they would provide cross sex hormones at the first appointment, So not after a long consultation, just immediately first appointment. Come on in, we'll give you those hormones. Several instances, Planned Parenthood told the caller she could choose to meet with the provider virtually and have access to the cross sex hormones. The very same day, and this is after being told the person is a minor and that they had just begun considering trying to medically change their sex. In Minnesota and in Oregon, facilities there said they could schedule the miner within days or even on the very same day. This is what Planned Parenthood is doing. Five different facilities stated that no prior therapy, zero, no mental health clearance, and no prior documentation was needed to obtain cross sex hormones. And understand, these hormones can do irreparable damage to children. They can sterilize children, they can permanently harm a child, and Planned Parenthood is a multi billion dollar business that is more than happy to sterilize your child without you even knowing about it.
Speaker 2: By the way, we've got this audio and I want to play this coming from live action where you describe them trying to schedule this, and I want people to listen to it. And again, this is when we ask for you to help get this out. No one's covering this in the media. This is why we ask you to grab the podcast and share it so that others can hear this. Right now.
Speaker 4: It's a calling plan Parent, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Producing Planned Parents had greater your.
Speaker 6: Thanks you for calling Plan Panhead, Minnesota, North Dakota, DA Dakota.
Speaker 5: Hello, get up for calling Plan parents this time.
Speaker 4: My name Sophia. I'm just trying to schedule some gender firming care. I really just want to be able to get some testostero to start my journey.
Speaker 6: So we can have for part night booking here in Michel appointments that you can come in to see one of our providers.
Speaker 4: Are you or a No, I'm sixteen, you're a good three being here then sixteen and okaya, you're okay to do it for minors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can legally get hormone under eighteen?
Speaker 5: How old are you?
Speaker 4: Sixteen? I know my mom has to come in with me, and does she have to be in there the whole time? Like, how does that work? Because I don't know if I'm comfortable with that.
Speaker 6: At some point that the appointment, maybe he doesn't have to be in the remitting room with you.
Speaker 4: You said I could do it virtually, Yeah, so what would that look like? So I just talked to a doctor and then they'd be able to prescribe me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it's virtual, you'll meet with the doctor and then go over like all men very inform me and at the end they will then be pretty bribing r oone that would then be tripped out like your local harmony.
Speaker 4: I don't need any like therapy or anything first, Like, you don't need any record of that, not that I know of. I don't need any sort of like records of having gone to therapy or anything like.
Speaker 6: That, right, Yeah, so unless you have trent here and it would not be required.
Speaker 4: There's nothing that I need before, right, Like I don't need to like have records and meeting with a therapist or anything, right because my parents definitely aren't.
Speaker 6: I'll let me do that.
Speaker 4: I just decided last week, and so I kind of want to get in as soon as possible. Do you have any means available soon?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It depends on the location two, but we usually do have.
Speaker 5: Availability for like the next week of whatever you call it.
Speaker 4: Do you think that if I came in, went over everything with a doctor and they could send them prescription that day.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think they could be able to The provider is going to send a prescription to your pharmacy the same day.
Speaker 5: Of your appointment?
Speaker 4: Oh perfect, Okay, so I can get the hormones the same day.
Speaker 5: Needs you think a little bit to get it together. But yeah, if not the same day, then more than likely the very next day.
Speaker 4: Perfect, thank you for calling.
Speaker 5: You have a great day.
Speaker 2: I mean, you hear that, Senator, and it makes you so angry because what you're hearing is the underworld of Hey, we don't need parents.
Speaker 3: We don't need parents, we don't need doctors, we don't need evidence. And by the way, the defenders of this mutilation and then these are also the folks that defend surgeries where you're you're actually physically the sterilizing little boys or little girls. The defenders of this they say, oh, it's the result of of of a long you know, therapy and a medical condition. It's very clear Planned parenthood doesn't give a flip what your medical condition is. That's not their business. They're in the business of selling. They're in the business of selling abortions, which is their main business. But they're also in the business of selling sterilizing kids. Because look, cross sex hormones and that that includes testosterone or estrogen given to the opposite gender. They're meant to alter the body to show characteristics of the opposite gender, and and they can alter the body's natural makeup. They can alter the functions of the body, but they can also result in in numerous side effects, including permanent infertility. And and Lyla Rose, who's the president of Live Action and a tremendous warrior standing for life here here here's what Lyla Rose said. She said that the investigation exposes quote a chilling reality that Planned Parenthood is fast tracking vulnerable children into irreversible hormone treatments with almost no medical oversight. These dangerous drugs can sterilize, stunt growth, and leave lifelong scars. This is not healthcare, it is child abuse, and it must be stopped.
Speaker 2: It really is incredible. The last question I have to ask you on this is after this type of information comes out, is there any role that Congress can play in getting involved now that we see this so clearly?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and every year Planned Parenthood gets more than seven hundred million dollars in federal tax payer dollars. That needs to end. We need to defund Plant Parenthood. You shouldn't be forced to pay for the sterilization of kids. You shouldn't be forced to pay for abortion all over the country. And so I hope we will see leadership in Congress I'm certainly fighting the defund planned parenthood and I hope we get it done this year.
Speaker 2: Right now, as always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to deal with my podcast and you can listen to my podcasts every other day you're not listening to Verdict or each day when you listen to Verdict. Afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again the Ben Ferguson podcasts and we will see you back here on Monday morning.