Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Shoe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty, He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: He had more grizzly details of Plattner's behavior emerged, including one ex who claims Plattner would slip his condom off during sex without asking permission, but his defenders claimed that this practice only shows Graham's relentless passion for recycling.
Speaker 1: I hadn't caught that story, one of the many stories about this peach of a candidate, former senatorial candidate Graham Plattner from up in Maine, and he not shockingly got out of the race. But there is there's more to say about this, the coverage of it, who was backing him, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: He's done. I think he's done.
Speaker 1: When we talked to Lon Heechen earlier, he thinks that there might be another act in Graham Platner's life.
Speaker 2: I just don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like Spencer Pratt's having a hard time keeping his newfound stardom going. And he didn't have to get out of the race because of a scandal. Spencer Pratt just lost in Los Angeles because it's a town full of communists who want to vote for communists, and he wasn't close enough to being a communist. Graham Platner got out of the race because he's all kinds of a scumbag and maybe a rapist. He put out an eleven minute video yesterday which was about eleven minutes more than you needed, talking about getting out and why got out and all these different sorts of things. Let's hear a little bit from him.
Speaker 4: There is a reason that this is happening now. I only have until July thirteenth until I am officially the nominee. This was the last week to try to get me off of the ballot, and that's why this is occurring. It's not the false allegations, though that have brought us to where we are. It's the fact that they are being used by the political establishment to put structural pressure on us. We live in a political system that is not built for normal people. It is a system that is built structurally to make sure that movements like ours cannot flourish, that if they begin to succeed, they can be crushed.
Speaker 1: That is true, and a good message. That is exactly what Donald Trump ran into when he was an outsider, and the Republican Party tried to crush him hard, tried as hard as they could to crush him. If you don't remember this way back in twenty fifteen, and he jumped to the top of the poles immediately, and then they had to all get on board where they were going to get steamrolled very quickly. It is what the Democratic Party did to Bernie Sanders. They crushed Bernie Sanders. They do not want anybody who is on the outside of the big decision makers in either party.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred percent true.
Speaker 1: The difference with you, mister Plattner, though, is that Bernie turned against you, Zorn Mom, Donnie turned against you. In that crowd. They're the outsiders that have won races. When they've turned on you, like they did in the last forty eight hours because of the rape allegations, that's when you're done. Joe Scarborough on MSNBC had an interesting take on this.
Speaker 5: Why do I say this because there's a conspiracy? No, not at all. Go back to what I said at the beginning, a warning to Washington Democrats.
Speaker 2: You do need to listen.
Speaker 5: To Graham Platner because whether it's true or not, rank and file Democrats who have been supporting Platiner from the very beginning think that this was cooked up in Washington, DC, with a lot of money behind it to find anything that could be found to get Graham Black Platner off the ballot.
Speaker 1: That's super interesting. I don't know if Scarborough is right about that. But if the average main voter or a lot of Democrats across the country think, here's the old boy network, here's the power structure of the Democrats finding a way to get this guy out of the race. If that's what they believe, that's a force to be reckoned with, as we've seen with Trump and other candidates. I don't know how that could be in this case, though, because the guy had a Nazi tattoo and then he didn't deny it, he talked about it so and he tried to hook up with chicks like the week after his honeymoon, and he doesn't deny that either, So that's not cooked up. So I don't know if a bunch of Democrats out there are thinking this is all contrived by the rich and powerful to keep an outsider away from politics, or if you just recognize the Democratic Party got out over their skis on this one. And this guy is a bad candidate from the beginning, with a you know, too many girlfriends and awful behavior and Nazi tattoos and lots of Reddit posts that were cringing and all that different sort of stuff. So there's that angle of it, trying to decide which I'll go this direction next. This guy Tony Kennett, he's a strategist. He was on News Nation today. Let me go with let's hear his explanation for this video clip fifty.
Speaker 6: Three that right now we're looking at a weird, very strange, eleven minute video and the case made by Graham Plattner. About four different times he blamed this establishment crew for pulling their support of him, and that's why he's stepping down. But it is Zorn Mamdani, of course, the socialist mayor of New York. It would be Bernie Sanders, the socialist mayor of Vermont, and then it would be a Son Piker, the socialist streamer, who have all three pulled their support from him. The establishment many stayed in and said very little, if nothing about Graham Plattner through these entire series of accusations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let's play some of the montage. I don't know if we need the whole minute.
Speaker 1: We got a montage here of powerful Democrats backing Platiner after we knew about the Nazi tattoo and the trying to have affairs on his wife, and the Reddit posts about up with communism and how he sharpens his acts and talks about raping.
Speaker 2: Intruders and all this different sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: There's a whole bunch of Democrats who were still the powerful that we're still standing behind him until a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: We're not hiring a priest, We're hiring a senator. We're going to talk about tattoos and sexton. He gets a hall pass. I don't give us.
Speaker 7: If somebody had to talk relationship, toxic relationships.
Speaker 1: And tattoos and all of the talk about Susan Collins.
Speaker 8: He could be one hundred times more stuck than he is. He'd never be as stuck as what we got in Washington now. Anyway, what I'm more outraged about, it's stupid Susan Collins. I asked all of you to consider the candidacy a grand Blatiner. I asked all of you to understand as flaw as grand.
Speaker 7: Platner is popular even though he has fault.
Speaker 5: He is a flawed man, just like I'm a flogged man.
Speaker 7: And this is the key.
Speaker 2: Everybody is flawed at some level.
Speaker 7: No one's perfect. All politicians have baggage. This just happens to be a cannon that has baggage.
Speaker 2: He's got he's got a I am met a tattoo.
Speaker 7: I feel like this president is saying I hate black people.
Speaker 2: I like Bram Platinum. You might cram.
Speaker 7: That's my kind of man.
Speaker 1: So that's the Democratic establishment standing up for the guy even when he had a lot of baggage out there. So Plattner going out there and saying the powerful just one to stop me doesn't sound like It sounded like they were willing to turn a blind eye toward all kinds of stuff that normally would derail a candidacy until the much more solid rape allegation came along.
Speaker 2: As part of the whole.
Speaker 1: As far as the whole toxic relationship thing, that's a tough one because I'm a single guy and I'm out there and I run into a lot of single people. You know, if you date or whatever, everybody's stories about their ex portray their ex as awful. Pretty much everybody, like nine out of ten people, if you go out there and you talk to somebody who's single, and you know, let's say you're at least in your thirties or older, your stories about some of your exes are there are And this can't always be true, right, I guess My point is, if everybody you talk to's ex husband or ex wife was a monster, how do you just happen and to be talking to the normal, decent person who married a monster. Or is it the case that everybody feels like their ex was a monster just because of the way relationships work, or the way our own minds work, or the way we have to protect our own egos and emotions or whatever whatever it is. You see what I mean. It's kind of like the old eighty five percent of people think they're above average looking, which doesn't make sense, or eighty five percent of people think they're smarter than average. Everybody thinks their ex was a monster doesn't make sense unless we are misportraying it or misunderstanding something. So that's why having an article about Graham Platner where a bunch of relationships that didn't work out, and then coming forward and saying he was a bad guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That just doesn't mean much to me without more proof. Now, this rape allegation that came out in the last couple of days, completely different kettle of fish right there. And he came into her house when she had told him specifically not to, So that's forcing your way in. And then, I mean, it sounds like a rape. I think there's a decent chance he doesn't remember it at all, that he was blackout drunk, so he is legitimately saying I didn't do that because he thinks he didn't. So different angle of this slightly and talked about this some yesterday. I don't know how many weeks ago it was that The New York Times had a big, splashy Sunday front page story about Graham Plattner, and their headline legend to believe, uh oh, here it is. Here's the expose on what a bad guy he is. And they didn't write it that way. They wrote it like a puff piece, buried some ugly stuff about relationships, not super ugly, just kind of ugly stuff like it.
Speaker 2: Parry.
Speaker 1: I think Joe counted the paragraphs, So it was paragraph twenty six I think when they finally got around to mentioning him doing something that is legit bad as opposed to leading with the legit bad stuff. So the New York Times doing a puff piece to Joe was calling it an inoculation. It was like, we're going to get this stuff out here in the softest way possible to inoculate him against any future stories, which obviously didn't work when you had a solid rape allegation. But what was going on there, Well, this has been driving Mark Hauprin crazy for a long time on why the New York Times did this. He talked about it on a podcast yesterday. Here's Mark Calpern on that New York Times story that deserves more scrutiny.
Speaker 9: I went and raver read the New York Times story yesterday, and the whole thing is so insidious, not just as Lindsay points out the things they didn't include, but just based on what they included.
Speaker 2: This is the lead they wrote.
Speaker 9: This is literally the lead of a story about accusations, as he said, of serious accusations. On Tuesday, after a whirlwind day in Washington, Graham Plattner, the Democratic nominated for Senate in Maine, rushed home. Rumors were spreading from Portland to the Potomac. It's like a featury lead about how Platner's dealing with the accusations.
Speaker 2: I rewrote the.
Speaker 9: Lead just based on what they put in the piece, not the stuff that they buried.
Speaker 2: This is what have been my lead.
Speaker 9: Democratic Senator Graham Platner is facing allegations that he physically assaulted and held captive a former girlfriend during a vital relationship. According to a New York Times investigation, that's the lead and the story, and the story is written is filled with quotes from oh, other girlfriends really liked him, said he was a really nice guy. Can you imagine them inserting that in the story about Donald Trump?
Speaker 6: This is this is this.
Speaker 9: Is such a scandal, this piece. And I can see why Lindsey feels so betrayed by cooperating with them, And I question why she did because because it was clear for based on her account of how they treated it, they were not trying to write the real story. It's just phenomenal that they tried to get away with this, and they would have potentially had it not been for someone else deciding that she needed to come forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So several women that were featured in that weird piece in the New York Times have now come forward and say said that the New York Times left out stuff that I told them that was worse than that. Why did they do that? Booksterism for Graham Platnir. But I would think that if they knew that troubling stuff was in the back well one, if you're a decent journalist and you care a all about the truth, you would put that in there. So I think it'll be lost to history. But keep in mind that the most important newspaper in the world did that. They soft pedaled the piece about a guy that they knew was The goal was to make it seem him, make him seem like less of a bad guy.
Speaker 2: Obviously that was the goal.
Speaker 1: Surrounded by his helper and said there quotes from girlfriends who said, I really enjoyed dating him. What when do you ever do that for anybody? What's going on there? Any theories?
Speaker 2: Text line four one KFTC more on the way armstraw Hetty agent checks Wall was insured.
Speaker 10: But she will pull fruit.
Speaker 2: Don't call her that, but that's what she is.
Speaker 10: A WSB agent by choice.
Speaker 2: It wasn't by choice.
Speaker 6: And I can't get into a room to check on her because your agents won't let me an oversight.
Speaker 10: I'll have your name added to the list of approved visitors.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be added to the list. I want my daughter back.
Speaker 8: Then, let me put this in language that you will understand.
Speaker 2: That ain't gonna happen. Wow, what was that dramatic thing?
Speaker 7: John Oliver as a cameo on General Hospital.
Speaker 1: So comedian John Oliver of that HBO show that he does, he used to be on The Daily Show, was on General Hospital.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's always wanted to be on a soap opera and he finally got his.
Speaker 1: Chance and he played it straight. Yeah, they gave him apart and he acted. He's always wanted to be in a soap opera. General Hospital is still on the air. It was on the air when I was a kid.
Speaker 7: Started April first, nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 2: It started before I was born.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sixty three years has been on.
Speaker 1: Well, he got a hospital setting. Other than that, you can do anything you want, so it's a pretty pretty broad category. So what would be the point of having a new soap opera?
Speaker 2: Did you ever get into soap operas ever in your life?
Speaker 7: No, but my mom did I remember as a kid?
Speaker 2: Which one is? She into general hospital? One life to live? Yeah? All my children? How was the days of our lives? Guy? Yep, like sands to the hour glass.
Speaker 1: And the reason I got into soap operas ever, was I had a period of my life where I was in the hospital every year for like a week or so. Like I don't know how often I actually did it. My memory is I was in the hospital for a week like every year, which was true for a while, but I don't know if it was three years or five years or what, but like first grade, second grade, third grade, fourth grade, something like that, I was in the hospital for a week.
Speaker 2: Never really figured out why. I would just get really sick and I would.
Speaker 1: Have too many white blood cells or not enough white blood cells or I don't remember. The problem was I'd get fevers and I'd be really sick, sick enough to hospitalize a kid. Anyway, I'd been in the hospital for an entire week, and several times I got hooked on soap operas because I would have to share a room with an old person and they would watch. This is obviously pre smartphones and all that sort of stuff. The only thing you had to do is watch what it was ever on one of the three channels. And I got into Days of Our Lives one year, Like I was watching it every day, and I got to the point so when I was healthy and I went back to school, I'd come home from school and ask my mom, you.
Speaker 2: Know what happened.
Speaker 1: Did Randy and Elizabeth get back together? Or are they apart? Still sure it wore off really quickly. But as a little kid watching Days of Our Lives with like an eighty year old who is dying next to me in a hospital room, that's a fun week.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got something for you to worry about. They may not have occurred to you. That's good. Hull, stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty. I'm looking up at the TV.
Speaker 1: They're doing a segment on ABC Sizzling Summer Reads. Where did this whole notion of summer reading come from? Maybe it was true at some point in history, but it's never wrung true with me that there's more. First of all, people don't read books at all anymore, and the idea that there's more book reading that goes on in the summer or beach reads. I go to the pool in the beach, I've never noticed more people reading there than you see it coffee shops or planes or anywhere else, roughly the same percentage. I just I think that's a completely made up notion. But they always but summer reading lists for your summer reading for those of you read during the summer, And I don't know people who actually do that more than they do. You either read it all year round or you don't. Anyway, not important. World Cup Soccer want to hit you with a couple of things. Down to eight teams left. So today you got France and Morocco. A lot of people think France are gonna win the whole thing. Then tomorrow's Spain and Belgium. That's the one the United States would have been in if they could have beaten Belgium. Wouldn't that have been awesome? Playing powerhouse Spain in the Los Angeles make it to the final eight, but didn't happen, didn't even come close to happening. Argentina defending champs in Switzerland on Saturday. That could be Messi's last game, and this is the one I'm most excited about. On Saturday, Norway England. Why am I excited about Norway England Because I've been a become a fan, like everybody has of this.
Speaker 2: Earling Holland guy.
Speaker 1: If you've been watching TV at all, you've seen him, whether you realize it or not. Six four blonde guy with a ponytail doing ads for everything.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 7: Michael No, But his last name is spelled it sounded like Holand Poland.
Speaker 1: It's got two a's in it, HAA l A n d Eric holand Earling Holand. Rather he looks like a Viking. He is a Viking, is from Norway. He's a giant dude. He's second in the tournament right now and goals scored behind Messi, and he's doing ads for everything. And he's just an interesting character. He's got a very unique, weird look, and he's got a lot of personality and he's an amazing soccer player. But I've seen a couple of interviews with him and a bunch of stuff on Twitter that I found interesting.
Speaker 2: Seems like a really really good dude.
Speaker 1: Oh I know that one I saw they had a video of all the biggest soccer stars coming out of the tournaments and going to their cars and rushing by fans, and how he comes out headed toward his car and stops and does a picture with every kid and signs something and fist bumps and all that. So he's just a really nice guy and good with the fans and all that stuff. He's also super healthy, works out like crazy. He sleeps ten to eleven hours a night. He looks like he's twenty eight. I don't know how old he is, but he's a young guy. Sleeps ten to eleven hours night. So rather than partying, you know, in all these different cities, they go to his big giant soccer stars and find and chicks at the club. He sleeps ten to hours eleven hours a night, goes to sleep night after night. He goes to sleep on time, at ten o'clock every night. He wears glasses that block blue light two hours before bedtime. So two hours before bedtime he puts on the blue light blocking glasses, sleeps in a dark, cool room with no screens around, and never has a phone in the room so he's not tempted to grab it or grab it in the morning first thing in the morning. He's got this whole process for waking up slowly for his brain and not turning to his phone. Interesting dude, and also an amazing soccer player. So that's one of the reasons I'm going to be watching England Norway on Saturday. I said, I had something else for you to worry about, Like you need that, Like we don't worry about enough kids, family members, your own health, your finances. What's this mole on my shoulders? They getting bigger? Whatever you're worried about. Katie Kuric. Do you remember her from the She was the Today Show? Was she a host of the.
Speaker 2: Evening news for a while? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was America? Oh that's right, she was a CBS. She left NBC the Today Show for CBS and was the hosted evening news for a while, and she was a cutesy little America's darling or whenever she was. She's now sixty nine years old. She was on one of the shows yesterday revealing that she recently experienced temporary amnesia, which apparently is a thing that they have no idea what causes it, what causes it in the first place, in why it goes away.
Speaker 2: But listen to this.
Speaker 1: The actual name of it is transient global amnesia TGA, which I feel like I've heard about before, but I've never heard about it this specifically. She was in Aspen, Colorado, attending the Aspen Ideas Festival. For several hours, she was unable to form new memories. Now, on the face of it, I don't know if I would notice. Would I notice if I was not forming new memories? I mean, now, wouldn't I have to specifically think back to what was I talking about two hours ago? I can't remember what we were talking about two hours ago? Do I have that transient global amnesia? I think, would you notice if you haven't been forming it? If people started asking you questions?
Speaker 2: Maybe you would.
Speaker 1: But for several hours, she was unable to form new memories, though she remained awake, alert, and able to function. She later discovers she had participated in two panel discussions that she had absolutely no memory of. That would trouble you if so somebody brought up.
Speaker 2: Like, see, I don't know. I'm trying to come up with an example.
Speaker 1: I do the show every single day, and by the middle of the day, by now I can't remember what we talked about.
Speaker 2: So trying to think of an example.
Speaker 1: Some of the symptoms that alarmed her husband and doctors included she couldn't tell them what year it was that would bother me. She believed it was twenty twenty four instead of twenty twenty six. She thought president the current president was Joe Biden. This was just a couple days ago. She couldn't remember that she had recently become a grandmother. She repeatedly asked the same questions and even reinduced herself to the hospital staff.
Speaker 2: Reintroduced herself.
Speaker 1: Eh, I'm an old person, so I forget stuff easily. But if I said, if I introduced myself like I'd never met you before, multiple times in the same setting, everybody would notice that, right, And then I suppose at some point pointed out to you.
Speaker 2: Maybe her husband did it first, Hey Katie, what's going on there? You introduced yourself to her like three times in a row. I did.
Speaker 1: Because sudden memory loss can be a sign of a stroke, doctors treated it as an emergency.
Speaker 2: They rushed her off to the hospital. They did an MRI.
Speaker 1: Another testing ruled out of stroke, and neurologists diagnosed it as transient global amnesia, which usually happens only if you're over fifteen. It's rare for everyone, but it only happens, particularly if you're over a certain age. You're sudden, You suddenly lose the ability to form new memories. You repeatedly ask the same questions. You know, you know who you are and could perform normal tasks, but you keep forgetting things. The episode usually only lasts a few hours, almost always resolves itself within twenty four hours. The memories formed are gone permanently. They never come back, so whatever happened during those few hours or that day are gone forever, which in some cases would really suck. And then it goes away, and they they have no idea why, They have no idea what causes it. They think it might be associated with intense physical exertion, emotional stress, hot or cold weather, abrupt physiological changes. But as they say, with Katie Kirk, none of those things occurred with her that day. She just all of a sudden couldn't remember things for a couple hours, and then it went away completely, And she was on one of the shows talking about it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Sharing your experience.
Speaker 1: Just in case this ever happens to you or a loved one, I suppose you should get him to the hospital right away, but it's quite possible.
Speaker 2: It's harmless as far as they do.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm gonna I'm gonna keep that one in my quiver though I'm not married anymore. But like back when I was married, that worked. You don't remember that we're having dinner with the Zones an ah No, I had that temporary global amnesia thing apparently, so I can't go because I wasn't prepared.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, one other thing before we take a break to get this on. I don't know how recent this is. Sometimes clips pop up on my feet and they turn out to be old. Doesn't really make any difference. This is Bill Maher old guy does his HBO show every Friday night. You know is act by now he's like I used to finding him annoying, annoyingly, annoyingly liberal, and he hasn't changed his politics at all. It's just that he seems quite mainstream compared to today's crowd, and here he is talking about that on his HBO show.
Speaker 10: If the thought leaders in the Democratic Party keep encouraging and not rebuking the idea that America is cringe and the people who run Gaza are great, the Democrats are doomed. Alyssa Slotkin's right, Liberals are weak and woke, especially the white ones, and they indulge all sorts of nonsense from their kids, a pattern that then continues on in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 7: Last election, it was all the.
Speaker 10: Gender stuff, the insistence that men can have babies and such, and now I fear that we like the terrorists. Is the new that Liberals need to push back on the dumb ideas that come from their children. The Democrats problem is the energy the parties with the young I'm the younger with the terrorists.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 10: So talk to your children and remind them you don't really want to live like your heroes in Hamas. All that you do all day, it was all made in America. Your smartphone, your grub hub, your freedom to bitch about America, it's all American stuff. You tell your phone you want a milkshake, and a guy brings into your house.
Speaker 7: Please.
Speaker 10: You couldn't survive a week living into Fataville.
Speaker 1: So that is he's referring to a couple of different candidates making the point that, as I said earlier, the center of gravity and the Democratic Party, the left wing of it not the normal people, but the crazies has gone from the sure men can have babies. That issues over, as we saw with Scott Wiener of San Francisco being harassed at a Pride event the other day. The issue now is are you with Israel? Or are you with are you against Israel? The way Bill Maher put it there? Are you with the terrorists? Which I like and I'm perfectly comfortable with. Is there a chance anybody can be the Democratic nominee for president in twenty twenty eight and that race is going to start.
Speaker 2: Here before you know it.
Speaker 1: Is there any chance anybody can get the nomination and be pro Israel? Or do you have to be again? Has Bill Maher put it with the terrorists, which I don't think is a bad way to put it? Are you with the terrorists or not? That's gonna be something to watch if they nominate one of your I don't believe Israel has the right to exist people. I don't think there's a chance in hell they get elected president.
Speaker 2: Not a chance. Been wrong before, could be wrong again. We'll finish strong next.
Speaker 3: A government official says he's confident and under construction Manhattan skyscrap paper is finally stable. Experts claim that the building now curves to the right, but it's still erect, so.
Speaker 2: They're renaming it the Bill Clinton Tower.
Speaker 1: My parents watched that show every single night, and he makes jokes that I wouldn't make on this show about Bill Clinton's erections.
Speaker 2: I mean, just yeah.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to touch on this briefly again I mentioned earlier in the show, and this is an important story. There's something out there in convenience stores called Kratum seven zero or it is Cretum seven oh. I think seven oh is the brand. It gets you hooked on it. It reacts like an opioid. It leads you to morphine and heroin. I know people personally that this has happened to. In fact, we got this text when I was talking.
Speaker 2: About it earlier.
Speaker 1: I first to create him through a podcast interview with Brian Setzer, the guitar player who got addicted to it after being recommended it to it by a doctor for an autoimmune disease. You see, there's this Kretum is a naturally occurring plant and it's fine in certain doses, but the stuff they're selling at the convenience stores fifty times more potent and it's getting young people hooked. And I mentioned this that this buddy of mine who had to put his kid in a rehab. The people at the rehab said, oh my god, another one. About fifteen percent of the people we currently have coming into the rehab started on cretum. This was in the Los Angeles area, anyway. I just wanted to react to getting tons of texts from those of you. You crowd have voids existed, the Creatum's naturally occurring and it's actually fine. Blah blah blah. It's the same crowd that always anytime you say anything bad about pot. Pot is perfectly fine, and the medicinal that it helps people who got cancer eaten.
Speaker 2: What is it with you?
Speaker 1: You can't admit that some drugs can be used in a way that's bad for your health or bad for your body or ruin your life. Why can't you admit that this kratim stuff. The people the rehab said, fifteen percent of the people currently coming in started on kreatim and the next thing you knowing on aarum.
Speaker 2: It happens. It's real. I don't care if your personal experience or you got a buddy who did it healthily.
Speaker 1: It doesn't deny the fact that it ruins plenty of people's lives, and.
Speaker 2: The same with pot.
Speaker 1: I have known lots of people who ruin their lives with pot, So don't pretend that it never happens.
Speaker 2: What are you worried about that.
Speaker 1: Us on this radio show will have the ability to take pot out of your life.
Speaker 2: Smoke as much pot as you want. I don't give a crap.
Speaker 1: Smoke a pot until you die. Smoke pot and they die, or do creative I don't personally care what you do. But what is the reaction to any negative comment about any drugs? It's weird, and it's It's been true the decades we've.
Speaker 2: Been doing this show.
Speaker 1: I had an uncle who's done cancer medication and the only way he could eat is by taking tch. Fine, But are you pretending there's no such thing as people who smoke too much pot and ruined their lives or are getting hooked on this credum and becoming morphinaticts.
Speaker 2: Weird anyway.
Speaker 1: Starting July first, as in seven days ago, the DEA put this Kratum seven to zero or any product like it on the Schedule one drug list, and in theory, they're going to start getting it out of convenience stores and vape shops and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: But it hasn't happened yet. In La County.
Speaker 1: It's supposedly illegal, but my buddy found shops where they were still selling it because they didn't know it was illegal, or nobody'd come buy yet, or you're allowed to sell the supply you still have before you buy.
Speaker 2: A new supplier. I don't know how it works. I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 1: Your teenager can still go into a vape shop probably or a convenience store, and then right next to the five hour energy or other things that aren't going to ruin their lives, is this thing that can pretty quickly make them an opioid addict and turn your world upside down? How did this stuff ever get into stores? I guess talking about earlier. We're so careful on yogurt and salami, and you can't sell goat milk unless it's blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: These different sort of things.
Speaker 1: Be allow something that's gonna make people a heroin addict, you allow that to be sold in convenience stores.
Speaker 2: How does this happen?
Speaker 1: It makes me suspicious that there's like some sort of conspiracy behind it, not the conspiracy some of you believe about the Jews getting it in there for Epstein reasons or something.
Speaker 2: But anyway, horrible story.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be appropriate for me to tell the whole thing of this buddy of mine, but it's just it's amazing. It's amazing that this happened to their son and their family and it started this way.
Speaker 2: Ready to.
Speaker 1: Again, Yeah, here's your host for final thoughts, me and there's only two of us on the show until Katie gets back from maternity leave and Joe comes back from his vacation, which could be any minute.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from.
Speaker 1: Our board operator or pretze and the buttons, flip of the boggles, pull the believers.
Speaker 2: How are you this morning, Michael?
Speaker 7: This is my advice for the teenagers. When you go to convenience steor just get yourself a large slurpiece some beef jerky, then go home and read a good book old school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely right, Maybe I'll finish with this. Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears. Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by. Every now and then I get a little bit terrified, and then I see the look in your eyes.
Speaker 2: Turn around, bright eyes.
Speaker 1: Bonnie Tyler dead it age of seventy five, but her music will live on and again, I say, if you're out drinking tonight or this weekend at a karaoke bar, dial up some turn around, bright eyes and screaming at the top of your lungs with.
Speaker 2: A beer in your hand.
Speaker 1: The whole crowd will sing along in honor of the great Welsh singer Bonnie Time.
Speaker 2: What an overwrought song.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geddy wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. You know what's kind of growing Actually, so many people would think, you know what you could do to thank the staff Go to Armstrong and Getdy dot com and buy some of our merch.
Speaker 2: That's what we do. We pass the money along to others.
Speaker 1: And there's some cool stuff there by the way anyway, all kinds of sayings and Armstrong and Getty swag and this and that at Armstrong Geeddy dot com and also lots of clips and other stuff. We will see tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 2: Thank you Ti Strong.
Speaker 3: In Caddy Jack's Flying solo while Show is drinking gin a sketch a bourbon.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really matter. It doesn't really.
Speaker 7: Matter because we'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Join us for another spin. The are strong in Caddie Show