Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong and Jack and he is Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Why from studio scene sees or a dimly lit room deep with them the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound kicking off the brand new week elections tomorrow. Until day we're under the tutelage of our general manager. The last nerve has him what everybody's.
Speaker 1: On at this point.
Speaker 2: Boy, first polls close six Eastern time tomorrow, three.
Speaker 1: O'clock my time, our ton.
Speaker 2: But maybe it won't have any results for royal. Hard to say. Here's the most interesting thing I learned over the weekend. This is not about a particular poll. This is about the polling in general. We talked about this.
Speaker 3: On I'm going to say, anybody brings up polls, we're fighting, well, this is well.
Speaker 2: This is why you were right about that. This is why you walked into the rooms and said, oh, be Gorer, I saw a poll that was interesting. I would just go ahead and get my head beat in because I'm fighting and anybody who brings up any posts but anyway, this backs up your thinking excellent. So we talked about this a little on Friday. The new term that I learned that seems to be the big thing is hurting in the world of polling, where you don't want to put out a poll that's an outlier because it could make you look bad or something like that. Even though that's the way polling works, they should be kind of all over the place, just kind of moving a direction or not. Nate Silver ran the numbers and decided that for all seven swing states, he said, even if all seven swing states are actually tied down to the vote, for all of the polls to show erase this close without hurting, like without the pollsters getting involved and trying to make them close, that would be a one and nine point five trillion chance of all of the polls being all the states being this close at the same time in all the polls. Wow, one on nine point five trillion chance of that happening.
Speaker 3: Statistic. I was ready for a big number. I wasn't ready for that Bega number. And in other words, this is absolutely laughable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it could be well, he said, even if they're tied, it would be so, but they could be that close.
Speaker 1: But they're definitely not. That's not accurate.
Speaker 2: It could one candidate could easily win every state and be that far ahead because they were just working so hard to We're underestimating Trump and will be killed for this for the next four years, or we're overestimating Trump and all the Harris people are gonna be mad at this or whatever they're doing to try to get it closer, and it's just not realistic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a couple of thoughts, especially for people who didn't hear that segment last week. Number One, you would expect with a margin for air three percent in either direction, and it really ought to be called a it's not error per se. It's a margin of inexactitude.
Speaker 2: I think that's the I think that might be one of the problems. I was thinking about this all weekend as I learn more about this. Somehow we got in our heads with no evidence that polling is a bit exact dish of a science and it's just not never has been, never will be.
Speaker 3: It's impossible. Oh yeah, it's a shotgun. It's not a sniper's right. It shouldn't be called the margin of error. It's not an error, but you'd expect that if all the polls were honest, you would have a fairly randomized set of results that spanned the so called margin of error, right, not all of them ending up. It's just impossible. They're not that accurate. Again, it's a shotgun. You wouldn't hit the bulls eye and only the bulls eye every single time. So that's thought number one. Second, second thought in hell, this is for you, Jack, as much as it is for the audience. It reminds me so much of every executive in show business, in entertainment, in communication, the creative arts, whatever. None of them get fired for doing what everybody else is doing, right, so they think, yeah, yeah, let's not innovator, take a chance.
Speaker 1: Let's just do what everybody's doing all the damn time, even if it's failing.
Speaker 3: Across an industry, they just don't want to be the guy who tries something different, because then you're at risk. Yeah, this reminds me of that principle. But now, among polsters.
Speaker 2: One in nine point five trillion chants of having all the polls come out that close, that is guffaw worthy. It absolutely is. So.
Speaker 3: I appreciate Nate Silver's recent turn to the speaker of truth I mean he's always kind of been that, but he's well.
Speaker 1: In a call out as you know, the powers that be I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that gives you an idea of where things are on that and then.
Speaker 1: The polls start closing.
Speaker 2: Indiana and Kentucky will close at six eastern three on the West coast, which is right in the middle of the afternoon, and we'll start getting some results, but you know, if they're super close. Who knows who came up with these weird rules that, Like, for probably the most important state in the entire election, Pennsylvania, they don't start opening the ballots until the polls close. That's the state law. Why why do you wait till seven at night to start opening the ballots? I mean, what's the theory behind that?
Speaker 3: I suspect so no preliminary results or trends get out that might influence the election. I think back in the day when it was a few mail in ballots, and remember these these rules were crafted Like it's as if our traffic laws were crafted for nineteen twenty seven, when there's like fifteen cars on the road in Manhattan. Yeah, it was crafted for when there were a few mail in ballots. The rest were, you know, live ballot packs.
Speaker 1: Et cetera.
Speaker 2: We're actually going to play a clip later. I came across this. It got fed to me and my algorithm on YouTube. It was election night nineteen eighty four. And if that's how different politics are now, and I guess our patients nineteen eighty four, if you don't remember, Ronald Reagan won every single state but one. And so the election results are rolling in and it's a monta. It's like edited together.
Speaker 1: Like an hour long.
Speaker 2: I didn't listen to the whole thing, but it's really hilarious compared to the way they would handle it now. We now have another state in and Ronald Reagan currently leads one ninety two to zero.
Speaker 1: Jim and they, but nobody called it.
Speaker 2: Nobody called the race even though so clearly over, and I'm sure all the polling leading up to it showed it to be not even close. But they still hung in there as journalists and didn't call it until it was over, which is so different than the way we do thing now. It's a race to see who can call it first or not call it first if it's not going your political direction.
Speaker 1: Forty years ago.
Speaker 2: That's something now, though, I think they hung in there saying it's now two hundred and eleven for Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 1: Michael Dukakis has zero.
Speaker 3: A reminders that President Reagan has not yet crossed the threshold seventy electoral votes and so their results are uncertain.
Speaker 1: Has a different time, man, different time.
Speaker 2: And I remember we had Newt Gingrich on this show years ago, and I remember asking him the question, when will this whole polarization thing be over? And he said, when one side wins? And I was thinking, man, that election nineteen eighty four, one side had won at least for a while, clearly, I mean it was, you know, we're not at each other's throats, because it was clear where the vast majority of people were. Yeah, And the Democratic Party went back home and reinvented itself and came up with a moderate, a conservative by today's standards, and absolutely yeah, who was pro capital punishment and wanted to make people work for their welfare check and all kinds of different things. That's the way politics works. But we're a long way from that now, good lord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well, it's funny not to get too winding in our roadmap of topics here.
Speaker 1: So we're we're doing the Trump weave. That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a conversation with a couple of friends over the week, including one Jewish fellow, who agreed completely that the Israeli peace plan of will defeat our enemies is absolutely necessary. How does this incredible violence end when one side wins? That's the story human history, not Barack Obama sitting at a bargaining table and coming up with some intellectually superior set of agreements and counterbalances. No one side's got a win. Seems ugly to the modern consciousness, but.
Speaker 1: That's the way humans are.
Speaker 2: There are two stories that made me very angry over the weekend, both of them in the same direction politically against Trump and four Harris just unbelievable. But we should start to show officially before mention that I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, November the fourth, man. November the fifth has been thrown around as a threat or a promise for so long, good lord, and it's tomorrow finally. Anyway, it's your twenty twenty four life. Will not be a born twenty four. We're Armstrong and getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 3: Let's begin then Officially, according to f SEC rules and regulations, the show starts at mark.
Speaker 1: So on election night, don't expect to know the winner.
Speaker 2: We probably will have a pretty good idea who won the presidency, maybe around Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's from sixty minutes last night.
Speaker 3: You know what they're gonna do. They're gonna they're gonna be like one hundred post polling polls that come out, according to the New York Times, see in a post election poll, it appears Trump may have won.
Speaker 2: If they're right that it'll be Thursday or Friday, you could easily skip the news tomorrow and not miss a thing, right, a thing, not a thing that matters. There'll be all kinds of conjecture, and this could happen, that could happen, but not a thing of substance if it plays.
Speaker 1: Out the way they just described it.
Speaker 3: There not unless you are an uber political geek who wants to know how the fourth district of Indiana went, because that's frequently a bell weather for the blah blah blah. I mean, if you just want to know who's winning the game, no, forget it, complete waste of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so I had build all this excitement for uh, you know, it's gonna get sitters and get a little meth and whatever it took to be able to go all day long and all night long. But there might not be any actual news to be had on Tuesday, November fifth.
Speaker 3: And what's so funny is then somebody I'll go ahead and say it ways in and says, on the other hand, it might be a decisive sweep for Trump or Harris or something nobody knows.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm gonna hang on to the two incredibly egregious things that happened over the weekend politically that you get more commentary just freaking angering. But I guess it's where we are in our politics. We'll talk about that at the bottomn How does mail bag.
Speaker 1: Look very strong start to the week? Awesome?
Speaker 2: Here's our text line four one five two nine five KFTC. I am so flexible now after a couple of months of stretching every single.
Speaker 1: Day's so flexible. Well, congratulations, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: I just threw my foot up on the counter at the time my shoes in a way that I could not do at all.
Speaker 1: What wow, good for you.
Speaker 2: I got my foot way up here, huh up on the count of Craze.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. Well, it was just a couple of months ago. If I'd dropped a pen on the floor, Sam, can you come downstairs? Your father has dropped a pen. I couldn't bend over to pick it up.
Speaker 3: Well, congratulations, I too, as you know, have embraced stretching rapidly for me to save myself from excruciating pain.
Speaker 1: But it's been, you know, a good thing. In general. I think I could put both feet behind my head.
Speaker 3: You want to see me? O, Lord, please Michael quick play the freedom loving quote of the day. Music or cut off is mike, or or hand out cups of hemlock or something whatever. Mix it in, So beloved listener Steve sent this along Patrick Henry and Donald Trump, and it begins with a quote from Patrick Henry and.
Speaker 1: Ends with one from Trump.
Speaker 3: This is the complete Patrick Henry quote on King George the Third, Like so many of the great quotes from the Revolutionary period, off and the context is lost because they want to keep it good and pithy.
Speaker 1: But he's talking about King George the Third.
Speaker 3: Caesar had his brutus, Charles the first, his Cromwell and George the third may profit by their example. If this be treason, make the most of it, which is a great restatement of Look, if you take a shot.
Speaker 1: At the king, don't miss.
Speaker 3: All right, If we're committing treason, we gotta get it done all the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't partially do that, or you end up dead and accomplishing nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the greatest sin is to hit softly and then trump on warhawk Liz Cheney, she is a radical warhawk. Let's put her with a rifle, standing there with nine barrels shooting at her. Okay, let's see how she feels about it, you know, when the guns are trained on her face.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I'm not sure what Steve's point is in judgeaposing those two quotes.
Speaker 1: I don't know either.
Speaker 2: But that whole quote is not played very often. That's one of the things that has me so angry. The coverage of that story is and this is an extraordinary statement, I realize, but it is the single worst coverage of a major story that matters in my lifetime. Yes, I mean, it's just a hundred percent lie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lot to say, but I think it represents the complete abandonment of the principles of journalism to which many of us had clung for many years. Yeah, any semblance of accuracy or even handedness. Mailbag, drop us a note, mailbag at Armstrong you getty dot com. Keep it as short as you can, but you know with any reason. Got this note from mad Dog. It's Monday morning. Where are you guys withdrawals?
Speaker 1: Where did it.
Speaker 3: Work for the same schedule where maybe you forgot to spring backward or fall.
Speaker 1: To the side or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's right, there's a time change, so probably a quarter of our audience had heart attacks.
Speaker 3: Stats bear that out. Jack moving along. I like this from Steve and Everett Washington. Grew up in a JFK household where we were revered free speech, individual choice, civil liberties, civil rights. I want to conserve those liberal values. Does that make me a liberal or a conservative?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the interesting thing about the term something.
Speaker 3: He's as I came up with a test, and he talks about your high school self and if you'd be shocked at where you are politically these days, and then he says, the Republican of today is not demonstrably different than when I was in high school. However, the Democrat of today would absolutely shock the Democrat of the nineteen seventies. Make of that what you will. Well, a hell of a lot of people Steve are saying that I didn't leave the party. The party left me, and I hope more wake up to the absurdities of the modern woke Democratic Party, the absurdities and obscenities. Anyway, moving along, this is from Frank just c and know. I was told by an officer at the vote by mail office I should drop my stuff at a dropbox or just go to the voting center because they're having postal issues. Drop Boxes are nowhere to be found anywhere in my zip code. I have to drop it off at the voting center. I might as well vote there. Don't get me started on. Even if the vote is safe and voter fraud is extremely rare, if people have a widespread perception that it's.
Speaker 1: The wild West, and who who knows.
Speaker 3: What's going on with all the ballots, you've lost, You've lost the game.
Speaker 1: Did you see this story, Jahad?
Speaker 2: Did you see the story about the Chinese national voting in Pennsylvania?
Speaker 1: I think over the weekend, I.
Speaker 2: Just saw the headline Marco Rubio is going big on that on facin Nation yesterday.
Speaker 3: We can talk about that. This from rich Trump's doing a lot of stupid. It's almost as if he's trying to lose or something. He's lost as marbles. Oh this weekend. Anyway, he said he should not have left the White House in twenty twenty. Oh lord, he said he's going to eliminate fluoride. We grew up in Latin America. No fluoride. We all have terrible teeth.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's RFK Junior's big thing, taking the floor out out of the water. And Trump says he's going to appoint him. But so did Trump say I shouldn't have left the White House?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said something of that effect. Oh my god, that's not the right thing to say. In the closing days.
Speaker 2: Wherever Harris, if she wins with this strategy, and she might, it's horrible for our politics and horrible for America. Are not weighing in on important topics just so she can have it both ways. The worst, most egregious example coming up, and a lot more. If you miss now or get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, you should subscribe.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Kamala, take my Pamela. The American people want to stop the chaos and end the DRAMAA with a cool new step. Mamala came back in our pajamaa's and watch a rum Kamala.
Speaker 1: You know that was funny.
Speaker 2: I thought she was good on there for what politicians do. And this was interesting to me though, that the FCC commissioner, who was a Republican, came out immediately and said, that's not fair. You don't get to have one candidate on and not the other. So NBC had to have Trump on last night for Sunday Night Football, the most watched show in America, and he got to do a couple of ads at the end of the game to balance it out. So I got the big NASCAR race too. That's how that worked over the weekend. I think you're actually better off as Trump. I guarantee you you're better off as Trump at the end of the NFL game than you are on Saturday Night Live. So that that's a pretty good equal time for him.
Speaker 3: Boy, unless he unleashed Martin Luther esque statement of principles and persuasion, he's not gonna move anybody watching Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 2: No, and they wouldn't they wouldn't treat him fairly anyway, What was I gonna say, Oh, so we'll get into it later.
Speaker 1: The whole.
Speaker 2: Trump saying Liz Cheney is a chicken hawk. This is, by the way, as you all know, the criticism that the left has been using on Liz chaneing your dad for twenty years.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not even like unconservatives. I mean it's literally the same person, right that they vote for war, but they don't have to fight him themselves. And Trump said exactly the same thing with very colorful language about how about if she's out there with a gun and she's got nine guns trained at her face?
Speaker 1: But the media endited that down and.
Speaker 2: Presented it for four days now as if Trump had threatened Liz Cheney with a firing squad.
Speaker 1: Basically is the way it was portrayed on all media.
Speaker 2: I mean, just absolutely, egregiously lying about the context, even when that's the exact thing they've been saying about Dick Cheney and his daughter for years.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm sorry, are we not talking about this now or we are gonna.
Speaker 1: Play the clips later? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Because I want to get to this. This is why I had to steam for. Sorry, I went too far with the thing I'm not talking about.
Speaker 1: This is the one.
Speaker 2: This is the one that really makes me mad though. And if you can get If Kamala Harris wins, we're into a new era. I guess that hopefully only applies when you're running against Trump. The most important thing going on in California for those of us who live here is Prop thirty six, where they'll m make crime a crime again. That's the idea that currently, because of a prop that misled a bunch of soft heads from several years back, you can steal up to one thousand dollars with a stuff at a store and it's not a felony and so, and you can do it over and over again. That's why those of you around the rest of the country have seen all the videos of people going into a Walgreens and sweeping all the stuff off the shelf into the bag. That's why all the Walgreens have closed. That's why all the CBS's have closed. That's why your toothpaste and everything that's worth more than fifty cents.
Speaker 1: Is locked up, locked up.
Speaker 2: My toothpaste is because of that, and Prop thirty six will reverse it and Kamala Harris listen to how this played out. She's a Californian still, she was a senator from California. She refused to answer when asked how she would vote on a measure to impose harsher sentences on criminals. She was taking questions from reporters in Michigan yesterday when she discussed she had cast her own ballot in the final hours of the race. She confirmed that she was voting by mail and hoped it would get to her home state on time. She was then asked how she voted on Proposition thirteen, which by the way, is passing like seventy five percent to twenty currently, so she could easily get on the right side of that in California, a ballot major that would finally be to a fun crime. Harris, blah blah blah, blah blah blah. I'll get to the actual quotes. So I have my ballot, which is a typical Kamala Harris sort of way to jump into answering a question.
Speaker 3: She asked directly, did you vote for it thirty So I have my ballot? Yes, How did you vote on Prop thirty six?
Speaker 1: Was the question? So I have my ballot.
Speaker 2: It's on its way to California, and I'm going to trust the system that it will arrive there. And I'm not going to talk about the vote on that because honestly, it's the Sunday before the election and I don't intend to create an endorsement one way or another around it.
Speaker 1: And then she walked off.
Speaker 2: Wow, if you can get elected president with your answer to the question is, so, do you support taxpayers funding sex changes for illegals? I'm going to follow the law? Okay, fine, but do you support that policy? I'm going to follow the law. And on Prop thirty six, do you support locking up criminals so they don't drive every convenience store and UH and pharmacy out of California.
Speaker 1: I don't want to weigh in on that and put my thumb on I.
Speaker 3: Have my ballot. I grew up in a middle class family. Freaking unbelievable. Well, imagine the level of spinallessness and fecklessness that you don't even have the political instincts to go with what's popular, right, say, hey, the previous prop it had some unforeseen consequences. If the people at California want to reform the system again and try again. I'm with them, Yeah, I voted in that would be populist nothing burger, a populist nothing burger. But she doesn't even have the confidence to offer up a nothing burger.
Speaker 1: She the only thing I can figure out.
Speaker 2: So I was watching one of the zoom calls that I watch all the time with heavyweight strategists, and a couple of the Democrats are saying, it's a mystery within democratic circles as to why she can't answer these questions.
Speaker 1: We're not exactly sure why.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you know, you have to assume that David pluf and all the geniuses she's got around her haven't chosen the strategy of don't answer the question. She just for some reason can't answer the question, and nobody knows why. But I'll bet they hadn't trained her up on this one, and she went into oh no, oh, no, I better not take a position mode.
Speaker 1: Rather, she has no instincts. She has no positions or instincts.
Speaker 2: She's the opposite of Trump or Obama or any of these people that have a you know, a point of view.
Speaker 1: She has none.
Speaker 2: How can you not take a position on making it against the law again to freaking rob convenience. How can you not take a position, especially when it I'll bet she she has no idea how it's pulling. She just does not that deep in the policy that is entirely possible. I can't come up with an explanation, as you say, if Democrats are mystified, I sure am, But I mean, seriously, she is the most vacuous candidate I've ever seen in my life. She makes Michael Ducaccus, John Kerry look like ideological dynamos, Walter Mondale, you name your losing candidate. They were way more forceful and their positions understood than her. Maybe that's why she's going with this strategy, being the mystery woman the black box, who knows what's in there we don't know. And as Bill Clinton famously said, and it seems to be true, it's better to be strong and wrong than we can right. It's just to be to have a strong position on something, which is what works for Trump.
Speaker 1: But this one's so easy. Crime is an issue all across the country.
Speaker 2: He got seventy five percent of Californians saying, yeah, we got to make crime pay again, uh not pay again.
Speaker 3: And she will not even here It is Unbelichael, play the ding, play the ding sound for me just went off in my head.
Speaker 1: The light bulb, she's Hitler.
Speaker 3: This is both the somebody making a gratuitous Hitler mentioned alarm and the idea has gone off in my head.
Speaker 1: The light bulb is going on.
Speaker 3: She dare not betray the far left flank of the party that got the neo Marxist so called criminal justice reform going.
Speaker 1: She she can't go there ideologically.
Speaker 2: I think more importantly than that, And this is my suspicion, that's who she really is.
Speaker 1: That is entirely possible.
Speaker 2: The reason I think it's likely, the reason that pops into her head is not just she doesn't want to anger those people. That's who she is. And it rubs her the wrong way to say those things.
Speaker 3: Tell you what, I'm running for president someday, God help the Republic. But if if my polsters come to me and say, hey, Joe, all you have to do is say you really need to limit the First Amendment. Hate speech should be illegal. You're gonna win this thing now, not with a shotgun to my head. And you think I'm not saying that, and you're saying the similar with her She's not gonna come out and say we should lock up criminals because she believes it's systemic racism or something like that. She's not gonna say taxpayers shouldn't fund sex changes for criminals because she thinks they should.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm torn between the incompatible ideas of she can't betray a sacred principle, which is bring on Marxism, and the notion that she doesn't have any sacred principles whatsoever. This is purely a transactional decision. She doesn't want to lose her far left flank. I think it's probably the latter, because the former assumes she has, you know, like bone deep level principles.
Speaker 1: Prop.
Speaker 2: Forty seven, which is one of the biggest disasters for California in its history.
Speaker 1: It might be the s not might be.
Speaker 2: It's probably almost certainly the single number one top reason that California started losing population for the first time in its history. Prop forty seven, and this is an effort to reverse it, and she won't take a stand on it. She's asked specifically in her answers. So I have my ballot, it's on it's way to California, and I'm going to trust the system that will arrive there. And I'm not going to talk about the vote on that because honestly, it's the Sunday before the election and I don't intend to create an endorsement one way or another around it. Nice freaking leadership, Madam President, good Lord.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be too apocalyptic, but a quick word from our friends and beloved sponsors that simply save home security. If the government is not protecting you, you need to protect yourself, and simply save is a great way to do it. Right now, you can get sixty percent off a new simply Safe security system, the best deal of the year, and that includes this unbelievable Active Guard outdoor protection uses AI to prevent intruders from breaking in before they break in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, old school alarm systems kick in once somebody's already in your home. Simply Safe stops criminals from entering your home in the first place. With that Active Guard outdoor protection round a dollar a day, no contract.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: So if someone's lurking around or acting suspiciously, the agents at simply say see them in real time, talk to them, directly, set off your spotlights, even call the cops. Before they've had a chance to break in. It's amazing, amazing, And this week only, you can get sixty percent off any new system with a select professional monitoring plan. This week only, friends, this is their best off of the year. Had to simply save dot com slash armstrong. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: Even the Washington Examiner says, which is a right leaning newspaper, if you didn't know that Trump has charted his own path in the final fateful days, going off script on various tangents that have either stunned or energized supporters. But even the examiners saying, stunning supporters, Yeah, this is the last weekend and now you're doing the whole rambling not talking about immigration and crime ah an inflation?
Speaker 1: Ah? Is it just ill discipline? It's got to be.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just I have this weird thought that if a book came out down the road where it's disclosed that Trump was highly ambivalent about serving another term as president. At his age and given his luxurious lifestyle, he wanted the win to go out a winner, but wasn't sure he wanted to do.
Speaker 2: The job again, I could believe it if you heard that with that shock you No, absolutely not. I mean, how else to explain some of the bizarro crap he said in the last couple of weeks when it looked like he was on not a glide path exactly, but really on the front foot, right. I think for yesterday, I think he saw that Iowall pull, which we could talk about later, but Joe will punch me in the face. That was really not good news and just came out yesterday and had the people who follow Pole's world flapping their gums, and he just, you know, he just gets stuff like that gets under his skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He called the polster from Eyewall kinds of bad names during the rally.
Speaker 1: I mean that's one tell right there, right right.
Speaker 3: Anybody up for psychoanalyzing Trump for the million and third time?
Speaker 1: No, me neither.
Speaker 3: All right, then, moving along, Oh, you know you brought up that California stuff. I've got an absolutely fabulous California's crumbling update for later on in the show. I'm just going to hit you with one statistic if I can find it real fast. Hang on now, I think I've got it.
Speaker 1: Here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, since September twenty two, when Emperor Gavin Newsom had the state on full lockdown, remember, leaving the state of emergency way beyond any possible justification given the wording of the state of emergency.
Speaker 1: Clause in California's constitution.
Speaker 3: Anyway, since September twenty two, California has lost one hundred and fifty four thousand jobs in the private sector and gained three hundred and sixty one thousand in.
Speaker 1: Government and government related sectors. Wow.
Speaker 3: It has become more and more a high tax heavy government job killing state.
Speaker 1: Wow. That is something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's from the Legislative Analyst's office too. This is these are solid numbers.
Speaker 2: So one really great thing Trump did at the rally over the weekend, want to tell you about. Maybe throw that into Katie's headlines which are coming up.
Speaker 5: I prefer that Trump would win over Harris, and that's why I was disappointing that he kind of went angry off the script yesterday for his big rally in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: But at his Virginia rally. He's doing seven rallies in two days, which is a lot when you're about eighty years old and fat. The entire Ronoke College swimming team was on stage with him wearing shirts. Oh sang, you know, protect women against men in sports, and that's that's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's a good love.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: Way to go, ladies, way to have the courage.
Speaker 2: We have a couple of celebrity endorsements have just rolled in before we get to Katie. Oh both of them, both of them for Kamala Harris. Oh no really, Monica Lewinsky and Harrison Ford have both weigh in with their endorsements.
Speaker 1: Boy, now my mind has changed, right right, whatever, you know.
Speaker 3: I it's too bad that I really don't believe Monica deserves a kicking at this late date because I had a really funny line flash through my mind, but you'll never hear it, folks.
Speaker 1: Sorry, wow, But the fact.
Speaker 3: That Hans Solo has gone to the dark side, if you would, very disturbing. I felt a disturbance in the forest right before the show, and now I know what it was. Hey, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 1: Katie, Thank you guys, NBC.
Speaker 4: Nearly seventy seven million mail in and early in person votes have been cast nationally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be eighty million at least, So over half the votes ahead of time were either okay with that or or not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. CNN.
Speaker 4: Trump offers darkness, Harris offers optimism on election eve in America.
Speaker 2: Just in general. You could do that every single day. You can pick quotes out of Harris's rallies that are all dark. I mean, when she's talking about he's Hitler and an authoritarian and it'll never be another election.
Speaker 1: That's dark.
Speaker 2: But you choose the happy quotes for her if you're a liberal out well, and.
Speaker 3: She offered hope that inflation will continue to be high and that there will be a dude ogling your eleven year old daughter in a locking room, locker room.
Speaker 1: That's sort of hope, yay.
Speaker 2: But yet Indiana Jones in the Temple of Equity is on her side.
Speaker 4: Woo from Forbes US accuses Russia of election interference over viral videos with FBI seals.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that reminds me.
Speaker 2: Microsoft came out with the warning, remember several weeks ago, that they believe the last forty eight hours which we're in is going to be high time for China, Russia, Iran, everybody, all the evil doers to really try to mess with our elections in social media and stuff like that. So keep an eye out for phony videos that you promote.
Speaker 3: The other's one of a Haitian guy who says he voted nine times or something like that.
Speaker 1: That's completely fake. Did he have a cat leg hanging out of his mouth? Oh wow, No, see that's not the accurate. Oh.
Speaker 4: From the Associated Press, the man who took in orphaned Peanut the Squirrel says, it's quote surreal that officials euthanized his pet.
Speaker 3: We got to go big on that story. Oh yeah, I can't wait. And it's much more important than it might seem at first. Blush, Okay, it has real significance.
Speaker 2: I'll take your word for it because I had not looked into pean at the Squirrel. I just saw the headlines.
Speaker 4: ABC, drunes and rockets fired at Israel from two different directions.
Speaker 2: One thing that will happen when this election is finally over, which hopefully will be this week, we can go back to paying attention to some really important stories in the world that were completely ignoring as a country.
Speaker 4: From Breitbart, New Jersey woman votes in her bra after being told to ditch.
Speaker 1: Her Maga year. I saw that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, USA today TGI Friday's files for bankruptcy. However, restaurants will remain open amid restructuring.
Speaker 3: I just think it's all the remote workers. Nobody cares if it's Friday or not, because they kind of screw off all week long.
Speaker 4: Huh do you mean of the day we turned back our clocks? An hour? An extra hour of twenty twenty four is like a bonus track.
Speaker 1: On a Yoko Ono album. Hilarious.
Speaker 4: And the Babylon b New kam Alexa edition of Amazon Echo will just ramble on for ten minutes without ever answering your questions.
Speaker 1: There you go, that's good.
Speaker 2: The Chinese might be listening to your phone calls. Honest to god, We're going to talk to Josh Rogan of The Washington Post an hour or two, Armstrong and Getty