Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Thursday, September twelfth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show where we're just happy not to be on IR s Mey your man, m G.
Speaker 2: Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. Happy Week two it is officially here.
Speaker 1: Get started later tonight with the Bills and the Dolphins from South Florida and fellas we talked on Wednesday show with Cam Wolf about the Dolphins running back situation. We know that Raheem Mostert has already been ruled out. Von A Chan is a game time situation, game time decision as he deals with an ankle injury Florida. I will start with you simple question. If a Chan plays, is he a must start on Thursday night?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean who are you going to play over him? That brings the kind of upside that he can bring. I mean, I last season, in the first game he played the Bills, he killed them. And I know speed hurts all defenses, but this Bill's defense in particular really has struggled against speed.
Speaker 2: In the past.
Speaker 3: The only way is if like we get a report like he's on a heavy snap count because even if he's not getting his normal workload, his upside is so high because he is so explosive.
Speaker 4: One house call and he makes your weak.
Speaker 1: So we know raheemos Whi's not playing Lakwan. You know, we'll see what a chance status is for the game. Would you play Jeff Wilson? I mean it's a Thursday night. I ideally you have other options and if you picked up Wilson off of waiver wire, is Wilson a guy that you feel like you have to slide in your lineup tonight?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a person that had a lot of raheem moster, so therefore I had to quick jump to go get a Jeff Wilson. So I'm at the point now where I'm looking at my other running backs like I feel okay secure, but I would like to get Jeff Wilson in a flex not a flex.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, it's a Thursday night football, but.
Speaker 2: You know the rules.
Speaker 5: But I definitely feel though if you're in a position there is some upside here. He looked really really good on those five rushing attempts that he had last week, Like he looks fresh, he knows the system, and I think they're a little bit more comfortable with him, Like Campbell said yesterday on the show, where I feel like they're just more so secured in this spot with Jeff Wilson that he would likely get a larger lump sude of touches with a chan possibly on a snap count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look again for those who are uninitiated, and El Kuan's talking about it, Eli Quan's talking about it. If you have a guy on Thursday night, don't put him in the flex, right having to be a running back or a wide receiver. That way, when you get to Sunday you have a little bit more flexibility. You can come with another receiver, running back maybe tied in. Put that person in the flex. Do not lock out that spot on Thursday night. I would tend to maybe not go necessarily with Jeff Wilson just because it's a Thursday and who knows what you're gonna get. Hopefully, hopefully you have better options, you have other options that you can kind of go with later on in the week. Also, the dolphin run defense or run blocking, I should say, did not look great in Week one. That's a little bit of a concern for me. So if you got Wilson and you got to play him.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: If you have other options, maybe I think about your other options in week two. Speaking of Week two, let's get to some of our highs and lows for the week. We will start off with club dub what's pet a time? It was the guy who's guaranteed to score twenty five points.
Speaker 2: Now we're just going big.
Speaker 1: We're gonna say who's going to be your top scorer. Let's call it the top non quarterback score. So, La Kwan, who do you like to get into the club this week?
Speaker 5: I think Josh Jacobs is getting to the club man. The matchup is just who juicy not to see him up the top of the leader boards. I think there's gonna be some heavy lifting, you know, going up against this Colts defense who allowed over two hundred yards to Detexans and Joe Mixon. So I feel like there is some also PPR upside here because I don't see the Packers really asking Malik Willis to do much. It might just be a couple handoffs and a couple of dump alls. So there's some PPR upside for Josh Jacobs as a pass catcher. I'm looking north of twenty five touches, so big week for Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think the Malik Willis factor has to be included there. I know they're not ruling out Jordan Love just yet, but I mean, look, we're gonna go from Hey. It could be six weeks too. Hey, man, he might start in week two. Like, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Really that thing look nasty man, Like, No, I'm not. I'm not really.
Speaker 4: It's gamesman ship, right, it's gotta.
Speaker 1: Be it's gotta be one hundred, it's got to be games. I'm ready coach those of you. Malik Willias, You're like really man, Like you can't just commit to me at least for one week?
Speaker 2: Like what are we traded for me? Like? What are we doing here? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Florida? Who do you like to go big in week two?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 2: This guy?
Speaker 3: He's he's tall, he's bearded, he talks about football. His name is Cooper so to Lakwani's Matt Harmon, But Cooper Cup that's who who.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 3: I he was my answer last week, and I was like, why you change it? Like twenty one targets last weekend? Lakwan could speak on this better than anyone. But in the first month of the season last this year, when Cooper Cup was out, it felt like half of the passes each game went to Pooka Nakua. It feels like that's going to be Cooper Cup's role until Pooka comes back and he plays out wide in the slot, both left and right.
Speaker 2: He could do it all.
Speaker 4: We know that he looked like vintage Cup again last week.
Speaker 2: I truly believe.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone's fantasy value shot up more in Week one then Cooper Cups.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing people on Twitter be.
Speaker 3: Like, would you rather have Amanra Saint Brown or Cooper Cup, Jamar Chase or Cooper Cup? Like he is back into that elite, elite first round water Sea.
Speaker 4: It took one week.
Speaker 3: He is gonna go off this week and what I think could be a high scoring game against the weak Cardinals defense.
Speaker 4: So, Matt Harmon, Cooper Cup, you are up.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you're beardy, if you're beady, You're Matt Harmon. That's all there is to I'm never gonna live this down.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. I I'm glad people are big on Cooper Cup again, and I'm glad we're all back on that. But let's pump the brakes on this whole, like I'm on Rod Jemmark, Like they can all eat, we can all be happy with all these guys.
Speaker 2: It's been one week. Let's let's settle down a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm big on the Buccaneers this week against the Lions, Like I don't know if they win the game. I think Detroit wins the game. But I am big on the Bucks offense having a good week. And I'm really big on Chris Godwin. We saw what he's doing back in the slot again. We saw Baker Mayfield distributing the ball Godwin last week eighty three yards after the catch, a big part of his game early in his career. It looks like it's gonna be a big part of his game this year as well. And last week, I mean Cooper Cup did a lot of his work from the slot.
Speaker 2: He cooked Carlton Davis.
Speaker 1: So David's gonna have another tough matchup this week with Godwin.
Speaker 2: I think he goes big.
Speaker 1: I think he finds the end zone at least once in what's gonna be a really high scoring game.
Speaker 2: So he's my guy that has a.
Speaker 1: Huge, huge week for fantasy managers over to we're calling the snore lax.
Speaker 2: It is our favorite sleeper of the week.
Speaker 1: And Claria bro lakwan, you went deep in your bag on this one man, who is your sleeper?
Speaker 2: And week deeper and dreamers, let's go de von Vley. Man.
Speaker 5: I watched some tape last week going man just under twelve fantasy points last week. And I know, Marcus, you don't like the guys that are close to the line of scrimmage. Man, but eight targets, eight catches, man, if it's free in this for me, those are fantasy points at the end of the day. And I think this is what's gonna be on the agenda going against this Pittsburgh Steelers defense where a lot of their production was allowed in the middle of the field, close to the line of scrimmage, because we had a guy named ray Ray McLeod for the Falcons last week. Find some production in the middle field with this linebacker coverage in the back of dvs. And I think that's what's on par for Devon Valley to be a guy that could just be the security blanket and just get all those targets and all those short catches. Because both Nick Saint stretching the field man three point three yards per attempt last week, Like, come on, man, this is the deep sleeper right here.
Speaker 2: How was he not?
Speaker 1: How is he not getting those same Villas Jones allegations? He's a twenty six year old rookie, Like, how is this not happening? Five ye six five? And we know Sean Payton loves him some tall wide receivers. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
Speaker 2: Now, this is a sleeper.
Speaker 1: Florio sleeper is more along the lines of like what we're hearing a lot of this week. The Tyler Johnson have his back. It's been dormant since I twenty twenty one. It's back this week.
Speaker 2: I love Floria for this.
Speaker 3: We're going from one seventh round wide receiver to another. Uh, but let's do it like Tyler Johnson. I will say I like him. I picked him. I think I picked him up in like six or seven leagues. This week, I am putting my chips in on him. But it depends on your options if you want to start him or now. The reason I like him is because I think he is better suited to replace Poka Nakua. I think DeMarcus Robinson's role stays the same. He is the wide receiver three who's gonna play the perimeters. I think we're gonna see Johnson like we did last week when Puka went out bounce around. He played in the slot a bit, he lined up as a tight end. At times he played out wide, which is how they use Pooka. They put him in positions where he could win after the catch. And let's remember, this is a role in the Rams offense that was valuable before Pooka even got here, Like this was Robert Woods in the past. So if you're running these routes for Sean McVay, you're or someone that I am interested in for fantasy. I just want to see it one week to make sure that it wasn't just a pure in game thing. But like I have leagues where I have to start this guy. So if you're in like a ten team league, this isn't.
Speaker 4: A sleeper for you.
Speaker 3: But if you're in like a twelve team league with three wide receivers and a flex, you're probably going a little bit deeper if you have injuries or something like I am on some teams, and that is where you plug in Tyler Johnson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. I just said there was a Tyler Johnson high when he was in Tampa. It sort of went dormant. It is back, at least for one week.
Speaker 2: We are so back. You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny because, like you talk about comic books, right, everybody's like you are you DC, are you Marvel?
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: For a long time, I was the weird kid who was reading Image comics off to the side, kind of doing my own thing. So this week, while everybody's arguing DeMarcus Robinson versus Tyler Johnson, I'm over here in the corner, like reading the Kolbe Parkinson comic book. That's my thing for the week, because we saw him get a lot of run last week, a lot of work in the Rams offense, and look in the past. This reason we love Tyler Higbee because he was getting a lot of opportunity when he was healthy and making plays. Last week against the Cardinals, Josh Allen did a lot of his work throwing the football up the seams, sort of in the middle of the field. That is where Kobe Parkinson does a lot of his work. That's the soft part of this Arizona defense. So look, Robinson's gonna get his Johnson's gonna get his. Do not overlook Kobe Parkinson, especially if you need help at the tight end position in Week two.
Speaker 2: I think he's got real sleeper vibes.
Speaker 1: I picked him up in a couple of spots where maybe I didn't like my tight end or I had some injuries. I think he's gonna get some real opportunities. Let's look now at the bounce back players, the guys who maybe let us down in Week one but are gonna revive themselves in Week two. And I love that Lakwan is going with the Aria Stark of the NFL for his Week two bounce back.
Speaker 5: Bounce back season for a mom Ross Saint Brown, and I think a lot of people need to understand Sean McVay locked hisself in a basement for months, limitted water and food watching that playoff game. A mon Rod put up one hundred and ten yards in that playoff game. He ended up with three catches in thirteen yards.
Speaker 2: In Week one.
Speaker 5: Huge blow to fantasy managers. But you just got to understand, you got to take that eld to the chin. I'm going with the Bucks going up against the Bucks this week where they allowed the second most receiving yards to slot wide receivers last season, in the second most yards after to catch per reception, where there's some wiggle room because we know Mon gets busy after to catch. So I think this is a matchup that a lot of fantasy managers will be happy about.
Speaker 1: A wide receiver has no name and he's just gonna go out and slay against the Buccaneers defense coming up this weekend. From your lips to the Fantasy God's ears, because I know a lot of people are hoping for big works from Aman raw Real from not a youngish wide receiver to a rookie wide receiver that we had high hopes for in Week one Florida. It didn't happen, but the hope springs anew in week two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's Milik Neighbors is going to explode in week two. Week one, I know there wasn't the volume that we wanted out of him, but he looked the part he put up positive EPA. He's the only Giants pass catcher that could say that he made some pretty catches. And we're already hearing the New York media be like, why are they not throwing to Neighbors more. Why are they not getting him more involved. I don't between that between the fact that they're gonna watch the tape and see what Neighbors did last week. I expect the coaches to adjust. And it could not come any better time because the Commanders allowed the most yards and touchdowns to wide receivers last year. They just got torched for four touchdowns by receivers.
Speaker 4: In Week one.
Speaker 3: And then this is the craziest surprising part of all. Daniel Jones has a history of success against his team.
Speaker 4: Sign me up from Elite Neighbors and we two.
Speaker 2: No, I'm in. I'm on board.
Speaker 1: I like Milik Neighbors just because the Commander's defense still looks like it is a work in progress. I like Daniel Jones is a sleeper this week, so I think Leak Neighbors is gonna get a whole lot of work poster this week. Man, he ran a ton of routes, they moved them all over the formation. They just didn't get him the ball enough. I think they're gonna they're gonna fix that in week two. I'm going sort of chalky, but I don't care. Dereck Henry is a prime bounced back there.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's a prime bounce back in Canada in week two. I mean, we were all sort of surprised, I think a little bit to see Justice Hill get so much work in week one. We all chalked it up to game script. Game script's not gonna be an issue in week two against the Raiders. I think the Raivers are gonna go out, They're gonna score early, they're gonna score often. In the fourth quarter, you're gonna see El Tractorcido pulling the weight and then some to close out the ballgame. So anybody who was sort of disappointed by the ten point six points or whatever it was you got from Derrick Henry, I think you can relax because this week it's gonna be a lot of Henry, not quite as much Justice Hill in the offense, and I think we're all gonna be fine. There started the show joking about us not being on IR but week one always seems.
Speaker 2: To be a ton of injuries. This week was really no different.
Speaker 1: If we're giving out advice, Florio to first time fantasy managers who suddenly find themselves dealing with a lot of injury, what would you say to them, breathe, it's not over.
Speaker 4: It's one week.
Speaker 3: I know it stinks when your players get hurt in week one, but everyone is going to have to deal with injuries. This is why you know the waiver wire exists and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Read Read our Sleepers.
Speaker 3: Marcus puts out like, you can find options to plug in and you're not going to replace Puka Nakua with one player or something like that. But that shouldn't be your goal. You just have to get by this next month. Go two and two or something like that. Because every year, at least in my I play in a lot of leagues and typically that last playoff spot or two is coming down to the wire.
Speaker 4: But that there are teams that are sitting around five hundred. So if you could just keep afloat while your star players.
Speaker 3: Are hurt, I know it might be rough, you might have some down performances and stuff, but it will be okay.
Speaker 4: Things will get better when they get back.
Speaker 3: And hey, this is why you take upside shots off the waiver wire, because maybe you get something that hits and you can plug them in right in that in that lineup spot. Maybe not week one, that wasn't that player unless you had like Isaiah likelier Dobbins on your waiver wire. But every week is another chance for a new breakout to hit on the waiver wire.
Speaker 2: Anything you'd add to that look.
Speaker 5: On, all I would just add is a strap in. It's just the beginning, Manna.
Speaker 2: This is nothing. I mean, that is a dooming blue way to look at it.
Speaker 1: But it's also true, right like it's week one, like more guys are gonna get hurt. I think the upside is that we didn't have in week one any major, uh you know, season ending injuries. Everything turned out to be a lot less severe than we initially anticipated. I mean, we were all worried about Jordan Love. Uh you know, we'll see how long he's out, but it's not as bad as it could have been.
Speaker 2: So this is a slap.
Speaker 5: On the back of the neck compared to the punches that are coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be thankful for that for sure. And uh you know, we'll all roll with the punches and we will all adjust together.
Speaker 2: But stick with us.
Speaker 1: We'll offer you as many solutions as we can find to get you through the season. So that'll do it though, for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, Stay happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well.
Speaker 2: Enjoy Thursday night football
Speaker 1: And we will talk to you tomorrow wo