Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Dave Foley.
Speaker 3: I understand you're a bit under the weather, so I'm even more grateful that you gave us time tonight on Coast to Coast.
Speaker 2: Oh what, I I'm such a fan. It's stupid.
Speaker 3: And I just you know, I watched every episode, and then I was so happy to see make the jump to news radio, which I thought was also a great show. And boy how many stars came out of that, and and so I and then you know your movie career and your recurring episodic appearances.
Speaker 2: I always, I always love pointing you out. I was like, such an idiot.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you so much. I appreciate I very much appreciate your idiocy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and only half the time do I do the little head crusher on you, you know, only only half the time.
Speaker 2: I love. I still love that bit.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: So I was.
Speaker 3: I know that you've had other podcasts, You've done all other things. I'm particularly interested in the new work here, So we'll get to that in just a second. But are we catching you in La or New York? I know you go back and forth.
Speaker 4: I'm in New York City, tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well super late, so super thank you again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how often you If I get delirious, you'll know why.
Speaker 3: We'll blame it on the better drill. Hey, tell me about the other guys.
Speaker 2: And Kids in the Hall? Do you keep in touch?
Speaker 3: And I mean, I know some were writing partners and then there was a little like a little strive and whatever. But I mean, so where does that stand for people that don't know. Kids in the Hall was such a great Canadian series that was as big here, I think as it wasn't Canada, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I only think yeah, yeah, I mean technically bigger here because there's more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's more.
Speaker 4: You American, right, but I think we got about the same percentage of the population. But yeah, we yeah, well we did yeah we uh uh yeah we well we yeah. We did the show for five years and we've been together for about five years before we got the TV show as a Quebec and then uh, I don't know if you know, but like a year ago we uh we we aired a uh on Amazon Prime. We did a reboot where we did a.
Speaker 3: Good you know, I didn't well then I'm glad I asked like an idiot because I try, I really do try to keep up with you and so uh good.
Speaker 4: I didn't want you to know about it, So yeah, I understand that, but it's all right, so I gotta go.
Speaker 3: That gives me something to do tomorrow when I'm I'm in my post Coast to Coast haze and I'm sort of like semi awake and semi asleep.
Speaker 2: But you know about that.
Speaker 4: That's the best way to watch Kids in the Hall.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny because it ran here.
Speaker 3: I grew up in Chicago and it ran uh usually after.
Speaker 2: SNL they would often play it.
Speaker 3: They would they would do like it was a funny There was like Saturday Night Live, and then for a long time there was se TV. Then there was Kids in the Hall and it's like our night, my buddies and irons. You know, we just we It didn't start until after Kids.
Speaker 2: In the Hall game on the air. That was that was that was we would we would wait up for that because it was just that good.
Speaker 3: So so congratulations and all your success with this podcast. I think for a lot of people the first thing they hear when they go, oh, comedian, producer, writer is when you're doing something like a podcast. It's easy for them to think about, oh, he's he's just spoofing UFO fans or people that are interested in trying to get to the bottom of the story once and for all.
Speaker 2: But that's not the case here, No, not.
Speaker 4: At all, not not booing or parodying or mocking in any way. I in fact, you know, a conversation I've had quite a bit with my friend Jeremy Corbell, who I believe you know, the uh that I kind of feel like, uh, comedians have been useful idiots. Yeah, the uh for the cover up of UFOs and the stigmatization of UFOs for for decades. Uh, you know, because if you present you know, you present comedians with with easy little hanging fruit, the go for it. You know, we're very lazy people, uh you know, so so for general, you know, so for a lot of years, comedians would play on the notions of you know, UFOs only need to take an interest in, you know, trailer parks people. And you know that only uh you know that only uh you know hillbilly and weirdos to UFOs, and comedians kind of latched onto that as an easy joke. And and I can give a lot of harm over the years to a lot of people who have suffered a lot from the stigma. And so I guess I can part as a median. I want to. I want to try and redress that a little. I guess right.
Speaker 2: You know it's interesting because go hey, oh no.
Speaker 4: I was gonna sayd And I know when I'm when they started talking about the subject publicly, it took a while when I am uh to con miss people. I was serious that I'm not there to try and bait people and mock them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: And I don't blame them because you know, comedians, because I think meetings have done a lot of damage well.
Speaker 3: And at the same time, you know, I mean, people who have seen something aren't uniform in their beliefs.
Speaker 2: I get. I was just asked this earlier this week.
Speaker 3: You know, do I believe in UFOs and I I I know what I saw, But I would I say what I believe.
Speaker 2: To be a very short list.
Speaker 3: I know what I saw, and I'll think about that all day long. I'll think about anything. You know that to me, that's different than believe.
Speaker 2: You know, I I'm.
Speaker 3: A person of faith. I believe in certain things that I hold over others. And I think that's part of sometimes when we that that's what keeps people from accepting the possibility of thinking about it, is they think if they're in for a dime, they're in for a dollar.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, and it's, uh, well eventually yard, let's be honest. Yeah, it's it's like you indeed, once you want to, once you put a toe in the water. Yeah, because it's fascinating, fascinating subject and it makes me think about a lot of other fascinating subjects. But but yeah, I don't, I don't. Yeah, I don't believe in the UFOs. I know that there is a UFO reality. I know that I know that there is something that you know, if you want to just you know, talk about craft. I mean, we know there are objects a performing uh impossible of aeronautic feats in our air space. And we know that that's not a it's not a matter of conjecture, it's not a matter of belief. It's it's they've been tracked, they've been seen, they've been me We've got credible eyewitnesses. The Pentagon's admitted to the reality of it. Yeah, we got videos, Yeah, much better one somewhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so all of that is you know, you know, it's not Yeah, it's not a question of belief, and it's not a conjecture at this point is you know there is a UFO reality.
Speaker 4: The question is what is it? And that's right. That's the question that I don't think anyone has an answer to yet, but it sure as a question with asking Andy and and and and for me a question you know that I want to keep asking people smarter than me and more knowledgeable than me as often as I can.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like asking somebody if they're standing on a street corner and a bus goes by, do they believe that a bus went by?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, I gets in the largest philosophical sense, yeah, it's if we accept that all of our that all that our all of our reality is mediated by our senses, and our senses are possibly you know, uh uh is any a fiction to us? That's sure, and maybe all of reality the belief.
Speaker 3: But well, but but other The other way to look at that too is I don't have to believe the bus went by, right I don't. That's a to me that's sort of the you don't have to believe it. Here here's the here's the video from the street corner. Pull up and look at it yourself.
Speaker 2: You know what's there?
Speaker 4: Oh that's I'm saying. Yeah, if you want to the bus. The UFO is as real as UFO is as real as anything you can you can claim about experience in life. UFOs are that real, you know. So it's a yeah. So when people say always you know, and even the term believer is used as code for a lunatic in the media, you know, or it's a way of dismissing someone, you know. I remember when when when Leslie Kane and Ralph Window the twenty seventeen articles came out, how many other journalists referred to Leslie Kane as a UFO believer and that was code for don't father.
Speaker 5: To read the article.
Speaker 4: So I think about it, you know, like like somehow believing, you know, somehow you know, calling someone a believer us, even if that belief is based on you know, you know a lot of data and a lot of really credible eyewitnesses and a lot of you know, just uh proof you know everything then, you know. But but yes, you used that term. You know. It's kind of cool that I use that as the title of his book about John Mack, because I said, that term has been turned into such a pejorative.
Speaker 3: Sure, and you have a case where like if flat earthers wrote described those who believed, you know, again, if the world was round, when all of the empirical evidence suggests that in fact it is that they just referred to them as you know, like round Earth believers. It starts to take up write a different context. So so I appreciate your attempt to try to destigmatize that which is stigmatized, because I think then now we can have a reasonable discussion, you know, when you're not invalidating the other person just from the get you know, and you can then we can start to have like okay, now we can because there's nothing loaded about the term or nothing loaded about the experience. Once the videos were released and they changed UFO to UAPs, that that was like, okay, I see what.
Speaker 2: They're doing here. They're trying to make it seem like it's okay to believe in UAPs, but I'm not saying there's UFOs whatever distinction they thought they were drawn.
Speaker 4: Which yeah, which is ironic because that was the UFO was the term the military came up with, so they wouldn't have to take Wine's officer anymore, right, they they invented the UFO term.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's and it's amazing. I think I still someone's gonna a maze because I keep thinking that it's such an important story, and I know so many people that are really smart people, and I'm astonished that they've heard nothing about it at all. Right, you know, it's amazing, how how how even now, you know, when we've had in that New York Times article now and even especially now after the David Gresh story is broken, right, just how much the uh, the the the design stigmatization, you know, the way we're socially conditioned to not you know, as you know, sensible people right not even acknowledge the UFO story. It's not even like it's not even like you're not going to read the article. You're not going to perceive that there was an article. You can look at the newspaper and does not even see that there's an article on the page. It's like, how well conditioned we are?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pay attention sensible people otherwise known as Canadians, because you know, I always gett a kick out of the fact that and It comes up on the show all the time that people who self identify as Canadians often are the ones who kind of look down on the US, or at least the lower forty eight. It is kind of crazy, you know, And that there's Iay was used to jokingly refer to them coincidentally as America's hall monitors. You know, they were like they were there running too fat, where's your slip? You know, don't like somehow like they were in that position to do that. So how has this been perceived? How has your position been perceived in Canada versus the United States?
Speaker 4: It's hard to say because I don't live there anymore and have them for lunched right. But my, but my, definitely, my possession of Canada is moving much much much more slowly towards uh accepting reality of the UAP or UFOs than the US is. I mean, as you know, as gladial as the movement is here, but at least there, you know, the US government is stepping up, even though NOH is pying attention to it that the press is incovery it. I mean, the US government government officials are stepping up and really doing huge things right now, listen.
Speaker 1: To more. Coast to Coast a m every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to Coasta m dot com for more