Speaker 1: Hello the Internet hand.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this episode of Punk's a Trendy Phil. Hey, Miles, did you hear Punks of Trendy? Phil saw it? But six more weeks of trending? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you did. Here.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm still kind of I'm just surprised the conservatives aren't talking about who actually controls the weather, and it's clearly these weather rats.
Speaker 1: There's someone curs of without which we wouldn't have Action Bronson.
Speaker 2: And yes, exactly father of Action Bronson's style.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack.
Speaker 2: That over there, well that's Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was pretty easy. Uh, No one had to really do anything except for leve a transmission line on during what terrible cataclysmic windstorm.
Speaker 2: Has Whitney Cummings chased down that lead the know that it was Zeitgang because they thought they could take you out that easy.
Speaker 3: You know, It's funny, Whitney Cummings. This is a This is something that we talk about tomorrow's video episode. Is she actually was like a model, one of the first models for real botics. There's like a presentation where Whitney Cummings was standing next to her like realbotics thing.
Speaker 1: Very comfortably. Yeah, like very heyde, you what to do this anyway?
Speaker 2: Miles. Another day, another Trump victory. He has brought Canada and Mexico to heal with his threats of tariff. They backed down. They said, yes, sir, We're sorry. So like, the way I see this interaction happening is Canada Mexico in a room being like America, more like America. Can't these fucking losers making the jack off hand motion, and then Trump comes in.
Speaker 1: He scared them and now.
Speaker 4: We're so sorry. We're gonna do the border stuff you want us too, Yeah, and I am getting I am getting a rep from Brian the editor. We are so scared down here. Yeah, and you should be thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, because don't look at the trade deficits at all, where we clearly depend on goods flowing in from these countries more than they depend on our bullshit going into theirs.
Speaker 2: Except for our guns. We all depend on each other. So that's why Trump is such a fucking master dog. He just come through.
Speaker 3: I just love what like Trudeau comes out with. And again it's also weird to see the media be like.
Speaker 1: Dude, Trump fucking did it. It's weird.
Speaker 3: I know, it's this same cycle, which is like Trump does a thing, Everyone's like, man, get the fuck out of here with that shit, how about you shut up?
Speaker 1: And then they're like and Trump actually won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it turns out, uh, he's crazy like a fox on this one once again.
Speaker 3: Yo, so you're crazy for this one. Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 1: So this is just so funny.
Speaker 3: He this is his statement after him, you know, averting the tariffs for at least a month. He said, I just had a good call with President Trump. Canada's implementing our one point three billion dollar border plan, reinforcing the border with new choppers, technology and personnel, enhanced coordination with our American partners, and increased resources to stop the flow of fentanel. Nearly ten thousand frontline personnel are and will be working on protecting the border. In addition, Canada is making new commitments to a point A fentinels are, we will list Cartel's as terrorists, ensure twenty four to seven eyes on the border, and launch a Canada DA.
Speaker 1: Now, guys, sec fentinyls are. This is John name. None of this is new. What all oh one point three? This is not like Trudeau just said, all right, what do you want one point three billion dollars. They announced that shit back in December when Joe Byron was president. Wow, so that's money already allocated.
Speaker 3: So he's just saying, hey, we're gonna do the thing we already said we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Is that Okay?
Speaker 3: Not to mention the black Hawk choppers and all the drones and other shit. And again the front line people.
Speaker 1: They're already there, were already there. Thefentanels are just some ship. You call a guy.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: He just call a guy that and then it's done. So way to go, asshole, you really are.
Speaker 3: And I'm so sorry to our Canadians up up, up air.
Speaker 1: Up air.
Speaker 2: They don't want to hear your fucking apologies. They're they're over our ship.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm not really apologen for this, but I'm just saying, hey, man, we get it. Man, it's shitty here too. But personally I with y'all, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I do, Yeah, but I love him. Montreal Toronto some of the best city. I mean, Montreal in particular is one of the great cities in the Americas in my opinion, in my personal opinion, like Montreal.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, he but yeah, versions of this have been happening with Columbia, Mexico, Canada now and then give him the media way find this one business inside article. It was the headline is like diabolically misleading. But again it's one of these weird things. I mean, it's bad because people will read it and think Trump is being effective. But then the other version is like are they just covering themselves? So when people are like, what did they have to say, They're like, yeah, they said they're right. Either way, it's bad, it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But yeah, here here we have.
Speaker 2: Moral courage going on so little. I forgot how to pronounce courage.
Speaker 1: Courage.
Speaker 2: Karage had a ton of moral courage. What's the later with the RFK Junior, He's he's getting backed by doctors, so I guess he does know what he's talking about. But which ones a list of doctors who the list includes, well, I guess these are former doctors. Okay, yes, disgraced former doctors. Oh, their licenses revoked or suspended. Oh I don't know, but it's not. It's just like repeated in gross negligence, et cetera. But yeah, there there's also a lot of uh, you know there's a health coach in there, an accountant, bro.
Speaker 3: A lot of a lot of chiropractors, Yes, a lot of chih y'all.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, they're not medical doctors. But they did give money to Kennedy's Children's Health Defense. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're like, donate to me and you can be the undersigned to a terrible letter of support for a guy who loves beer bonging whale juice in as many.
Speaker 2: This is uh, they do have somebody with a PhD in Youngian psychology, so that's technically a doctor. Wait, he just has a bachelor's degree, Carl Young. Yeah, yeah, a bachelor's degree in young in psychology. But basically that's the sort of thing that someone would claim to be a doctor about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just wild.
Speaker 3: Like everyone one's that anti vaxxer who basically had their license.
Speaker 1: Revoked for putting people in danger.
Speaker 3: Like one guy one of the doctors, was like, I have a vaccine schedule that will prevent autism, and they're like, bro, you are this is malpractice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and fucking license and throw it in the garbage. That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Brian the editor points out that Trump's whole term is just gonna be him taking pre existing shit away, bringing it back three days later and claiming to have like won a victory in so doing, which I think.
Speaker 3: It's basically the Ray j A and Speedy sunglasses conversation. These unglasses are indestructible, right right, I'm gonna break you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, go ahead and try try easily snapped. Then I don't care. I don't care, Yeah, exactly, And that's this was last administration too.
Speaker 3: Is shit like this all the time, like you know, like re member, it was Infrastructure Week for the whole four fucking years.
Speaker 2: And then when the thing breaks, I think they might be blaming the deis Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly, which we all know is just shorthand for every racial slur and exact slur against you know, women whatever.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: So there was a news story that Joe Biden is going Hollywood because he signed with CIA, which everyone's like, that's the same agency that represents Ariana Grande and Brad Pitt.
Speaker 1: Brad Pitt's Brad Pitts.
Speaker 2: But he was already signed with CAA before he was elected in twenty twenty. He just left the agency during his presidency for some reason. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just stuck with it. Because you're in the White House. You're gonna hit pause on the money machine. Come on, bro, come on, what the fuck Joe? Also, what is he gonna do? Like, no one wants to hear from his ass after this?
Speaker 2: Like I can't think of a less exciting media media company idea, And there are plenty of unexciting ones, but.
Speaker 1: I met has to be the least exciting. I mean, I get so.
Speaker 3: Like when he before the presidency, he was he had a number one New York Times best selling memoir, Promise Me Dad, and then did the forty two date American Promise Tour, which sold more than eighty five thousand tickets. Yeah, and that's and that's more votes than he would have got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, this is uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure go do your book tour called neoliberalism can still work.
Speaker 2: Guy. That's right, he's gonna he's gonna be making million dollars from someone ghost writing a book for him. That's the defense of his disastrous president.
Speaker 3: Imagine it's just called the yeah, throwing throwing people under the bus, or how my friends protected my old man ego.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: What was Hillary Clinton's hers was like what happened or something? What happened?
Speaker 1: What had happened was?
Speaker 2: What had happened? Was hey speaking of Marvel superheroes, because that's what I think a lot of people were, like, Oh shit, Biden's gonna be in the Marble, enter the Marvel universe now that he signed with CIA.
Speaker 1: As a wet toilet paper man.
Speaker 2: The fantas pastic four First Steps trailer just dropped, which is a movie that I guess the Marvel fans have like kind of been pinning their hopes on as like this is a chance to take it back to seventy nine.
Speaker 1: They're gonna rub your ass to the moonshine.
Speaker 2: That's right, Uh, they are. It's basically a soft reboot for the Marvel universe. These characters came over in the acquisition of Fox Fox and it's uh.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the trailer, but I have looked at screen grabs from it, and the vibe. The vibe is fun, like it's seventies ish, sixties ish like mod vibes. You know, it definitely feels like the early scenes in The Incredibles, you know, when it's the sixties.
Speaker 1: Which is just you know a Fantastic which is Fantastic four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just did Fantastic four basically like the Superpowers are the Fantastic Four super in a lot.
Speaker 1: Of like are you might sue us for copying them? They're like, no, We're gonna own Marvel in like twenty minutes, dude, don't Yeah, what do we just buy them? Now? This? Yeain?
Speaker 3: Now have some cookie numb numbs dude around right that in your little scream cookiem.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: These I'm I mean, I was never fully on board with the Marvel cinematic universe, and the people that I know have are pretty seem.
Speaker 1: Pretty exhausted at this point.
Speaker 3: It's like Star Wars fans were with just the onslaught of NonStop films and shows and things like that.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the latest trailer though, where uh, Harrison Ford is Hulk? It's Harrison Ford is Hulk. Where Harrison Ford is bad guy who's Red Hulk? So you all in Bad World or whatever you've heard of the Green Hule. What this movie presupposes is what if Red You know, yeah, what if what if Hulk?
Speaker 1: Read?
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I think Harrison Ford plays the President who gets Hulk powers and he read and all right, also Zionism somewhere mixed in there.
Speaker 3: Oh anyone, Oh this is the one that had that character that's the like Massad person.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they mostly cut that ship, but I think it's still still there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wouldn't be surprised considering that they completely excised a Palestinian actress.
Speaker 1: From Gladiator two. Yeah, that they would be just like Ganda for the idea.
Speaker 2: In this one, people are quitting smoking thanks to David Lynch, apparently his death as the result of his emphysema caused by decades of smoking, and in which like he gave a statement before he passed that was, like, man, smoking was fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: However, However, however, I'm stuck at my home right now because of the consequences of smoking, and he passed away during the fires, Like, uh yeah, you know, I think had to be moved from his home. But you know, I think it definitely feels like one of those things that's hit people very hard. And also it's the first celebrity who's like died specifically from smoking in a long time, I feel like, and so it's.
Speaker 3: Was who was the last I mean, at least we probably would just hear that, you know, it was like cancer. Yeah, I guess because David Lynch was so synonymous, was just always smoking cigarettes. Yeah, that gone are those people We're like, I'm trying, I'm hard pressed now.
Speaker 1: To be like, who's smoking cigarettes all the time, Like Ben Affleck. I'm trying to think of people that you kind of see.
Speaker 3: Paparazzi stuff or like bothered to be photographed intentionally be like and I'm smoking his sick dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, here's here's the list of celebrities died from smoking related illness, as George Harrison from The Bats to him, John Wayne. But I feel like it's a lot of people who like diedled Ian Fleming, sir Ian Fleming, oh heart attack at sixty four. But people think it had something to do with a little bit of the smoking. But yeah, it's like that era, you know, like Lucille Ball and shit like that, Lucy Homage, the Demage, Joe DiMaggio, Nat King Cole. I think I knew that. So anyways, there there are people talking about quitting smoking, and it's it's super hard to do. My hat's off to everybody who was able.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: It's really did you were you smoking cigarettes? I was smoking cigarettes at various times. I was vaping at various times, always in secret, like go into a closet. But uh yeah, I just kind of forced my knocked a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: But it was hard.
Speaker 2: I mean I spent I was never like full blown. I never allowed myself to be full blown as like amoker. It was always I was like somebody who was quitting. So like I was spent most of my time with a practicing addiction to nicotine likes smoking cessation products just like with them. Yeah, no way to live, I'll say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it is wild though too, Like how because I feel like cigarette smoking is so at least I feel like for millennials and probably young like yeah, everybody, the cool factor.
Speaker 1: Comes from the media you consume, you.
Speaker 3: Know, or like maybe it's or it's just something everyone in your family does, like in Japan, like.
Speaker 1: Do all the men in my family were smoking cigarettes? But to know, like to see the people who are like.
Speaker 3: Dude, David Lynch, that's why I smoke cigarettes, and then you look at yourself and like, dude, that guy fucking died and he regrets it.
Speaker 1: Wait, what the fuck? What am I? Who am I?
Speaker 2: And he knew how good it was, he knew how fun and cool it was. He even like, yeah, he gave like what he called an exit interview where he was like, I shouldn't have smoked. I liked it a lot, but it is bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the weather in Los Angeles is seventy two degrees.
Speaker 2: He was so happy to reports, Yeah, I rolled. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back with a greatly belated Grammys round up.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back, and we're bad.
Speaker 2: And the Grammys did indeed happen.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: The Grammys finally gave Beyonce Album of the Year for Cowboy Carter. She was already the most awarded Grammy artist in history, had never won the top prize. Also became the first black woman to win the Best Country Album Grammy. So it feels like mission accomplished. Like she was just like, all right, I'm going to do this.
Speaker 1: Now you finally retire, I've done it all.
Speaker 2: That's probably what she's gonna do, right, That's what extremely successful and driven people do.
Speaker 3: The thing they just take their foot completely off the gas and wither away.
Speaker 1: You've just seen it a hundred times. Yeah, that was good. I'm glag. Kendrick one two, specifically for not Like Us.
Speaker 2: He got five awards, including Record of the Year for Not Like Us.
Speaker 1: Just what I mean, Best Music Video, Best Rap Performance, boom.
Speaker 2: What must it be like to be Drake to have this much mainstream embrace of the complete ethering of your entire shit? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's just bad. The brand is so diluted. I feel like Drake and America are kind of in similar places where people a, man, We're not fucking with y'all anymore. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's over.
Speaker 2: Okay, Australian tour, according to Brian the editor can't sell tickets right now.
Speaker 3: That's wild, because that's that's what he was kind of banking on to bring him back, was to be like, all right, let me get out of the US and go to somewhere where the Internet doesn't exist and they don't know about that l I.
Speaker 2: Oh wait they oh oh. People pointed out that the only other rap song to win Record of the Year, which like Record of the Year, is the song, so album of the Year top category for album Record of the Year is top category for like individual song. It's like the top one. And the only other rap song to win Record of the Year is This Is America from Childish Gambino, which I didn't realize, but apparently that began as a Drake disc track.
Speaker 1: Oh damn.
Speaker 3: Like good glad he pivoted, because I don't know if that song would have gone as hard if it was just talking about Drake rather than like a commentary on like white supremacy and the police state.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, it's all tied up in there. He was like, it started as a Drake Disc to be honest, as like a funny way of doing it. But then I was like, this shit sounds kind of hard though, so I was like, let me play with it, Like I wonder if he'd like the vibe he was like making fun of Drake, like with the don't catch Me Slipping though, or you know, like the little like ad libbish nature of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm curious, what what's that? What that demo sounds like? Yeah, me to, But yeah, you made the.
Speaker 1: Right decision, Donald, you made the right decision.
Speaker 2: He has sold one section of thirty in a twelve thousand seat stadium.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, one section of thirty. Yeah, like completed.
Speaker 2: I think one section of thirty is actually sold out all the twelve thousand seats.
Speaker 3: Guys, like he sold thirty thirty fucking seats in a twelve thousand seater.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a good look. And I mean, like I feel like the people that really go hard for Drake. So it's just like you're telling on yourself in a in a weird way that like you, I can't quite put together fully, but at least some good came out of the grammar.
Speaker 1: He's chapel Rowan, you know, made a made a point to talk to all the music industry executives and like, how about a living fucking wage for the artists you profit off of, you scumbag.
Speaker 2: And not just like the people who are like starving artists just starting out. Like it's shocking when you read accounts of like artists who you've heard of who like have a couple hit songs, yeah, are like can't live off of just music. That's like the music industry has been completely taken over and fuck like in the seventies and eighties, like you had a hit song and you could live off of that and rightly, so that's a piece of media that is like everybody wants to have a hit song, everybody, but now it's just it just all.
Speaker 1: Goes to the record executives. Right, yeah, it's it's all bad. It's all bad.
Speaker 3: I mean like that's where you know, you get those three sixty deals that people are in now and they're like, wait, I give you a cut of everything, but you didn't have anything to do.
Speaker 2: With this is our deal, take it or leave it. The other good thing that came of it is I know what my new look is going to be be wearing houses on my head.
Speaker 1: Uh, hold on, have some respect. That's a Transylvanian cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that ship does house. That ship a castle wearable vampire castle head piece, which costs a mere four thy six hundred dollars, which actually, like, I don't know, it's also a toy. Seems reasonable.
Speaker 3: That's the shittiest castle I've seen from four that. Like, that looks like you got like poster shipping tubes and a box.
Speaker 2: It really looks like he made that in home at Yeah yeah yeah, like okay, and now show us what a house.
Speaker 1: Look like, Jaden.
Speaker 3: Sorry, man, that's just as someone whose house burned down. Just the visual if someone wearing a house on their head flippantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, bro, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I warned your house on.
Speaker 1: To the Grammys. That would you mother?
Speaker 3: I gave you meme gold with that video we did at Vanity Fair together.
Speaker 2: Truly you were People don't know, man, People don't know.
Speaker 1: That's how Jaden Smith blows his own mind with facts from the internet. That's a very directed and conceived it.
Speaker 2: And then Kanye and his wife Bianca sin sorry this is dark, bro, just like showed up on the red carpet and she was totally nude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then they just left right after it. They just got in their car and left. They're like, let's get the red carpet and go. And people were like, they're got kicked out and they're like, no, they're just weird. They went, they went to do a stunt and left, and then there's there's stories about lip readers being like he was like, take off the coat, I got your back and then turn around she's like, are you sure it's just veried'.
Speaker 1: That's like his thing.
Speaker 2: Like she's always out in like the most wild Yeah, yeah, revealing.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what this relationship is when you're with like such an intense narcissist like Kanye West and you're a god whatever.
Speaker 2: Man. We learned last week, Miles that Carmen Electra was a name that was made up by Prince what for her? Her name was like Lee. One of his talent spotters found her in a club when she was a teenager and he was like.
Speaker 1: Name is now One of one of his talent spotters found her as I'm like, what do you know that, mister Purple?
Speaker 2: He named her Carmen Electra. Though the name is good, but sorry, that sounds like it was named by J. K Ratling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sorry, Like it's like a character who like banishes lgbt Q characters.
Speaker 1: Exactly from the school.
Speaker 3: Oh she was, Carmen Electra was just the humble Tara Lee Patrick, Tara Sharon dill Ohio.
Speaker 2: A Carmen Electra. What a wordsmith. Yeah, but the details of that her shadiest.
Speaker 3: Just that's just in the parlance of our era, like to say, a talent.
Speaker 2: Spot like it was somebody from his camp like found her in a club and then was like you should meet Prince. That's that sounds like, yeah, I mean I was reading a little bit with my discription.
Speaker 3: Yeah anyway, yeah, well she turned out okay, I think so here's that all right.
Speaker 2: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, February fourth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines where you still can get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,