Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocusla dot com.
Speaker 2: Tasha is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Jordan. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date for first Tasha, how long has it been since you heard from Jordan?
Speaker 1: It's been nine days?
Speaker 3: Okay, good amount of time. Yeah, So have you been trying to get a hold of him? How have you felt during that time?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, haven't you been so nervous? Like I actually did reach out to him two days ago and he didn't respond.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, let's talk about your date, like what could have gone wrong? How was it?
Speaker 1: I thought it was great, you know, like it was a classic get to know you sing coffee in a bookstore, and you know, we just like kept hanging out and we watched some people watching, you know, like by the park and he's really funny, low key you know, she's a low key Okay, Yeah, And we had this moment where he brushed my hair back while we were sitting on the bench, and well, things got a little romantic after that. I mean it just made me think he lent me and he was real, like none of the like performative stuff you get on the apps, and like I felt so seen. I don't know, he even remembered the book I said I loved in high school.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cool, that it's cool. So you felt like he was vibing you too, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: His voice is so dreamy for I don't know, I'm just like so into him, and I don't get it. I thought he was into me too.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, why do you think he's ghosting you?
Speaker 1: I can't really think of anything. I just feel like maybe he found me too talkative, or he didn't like my jokes, you know, Like I mean I made this like one political joke, but like it wasn't even a joke that I made up, you know, I just like googled jokes to talk about on dates, and.
Speaker 3: So you went political, Like.
Speaker 1: I'm not even a political person, Like I don't care about politics, you know, but maybe he found what I said offensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean usually they say talking about politics on a first date is a bad thing joke, but you google jokes before you go on dates.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing if you preferred.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I've never done it before, but I think that's kind of cool. Actually, I'm about to start.
Speaker 2: So you go to dates with like a list of pre approved or pre googled jokes to use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cool. I think that.
Speaker 2: Like, actually, if I were to go on a date with you, I think that was dope. If you if you told me that you googled their things, I'd be like, that's awesome, that's effort, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I didn't tell him. I mean, you don't tell the person you're on a date with that you googled jokes or something. That's like months into the relationship.
Speaker 2: Then you then you tell them right when they're like she had all these jokes but now she doesn't, You're like, yeah, it's because I've been googling them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, how was this mood after the political joke?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: What did it change after that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I mean I mean, he you know, but I don't know if it was like an awkward laugh.
Speaker 3: Did you guys change the subject after that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean honestly, the conversation just kept flowing naturally, like and then we just liked made fun of people walking by and and and I don't know, I just I didn't really think anything bad happened. So that's why I'm just very confused. You know, he gave me a little kiss on the cheek and and that was good.
Speaker 3: Well, so how did you guys leave it? Did you plan on seeing each other again or was it just like oh this is fun things?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I mean I was like, okay, well i'll see you, you know soon hopefully, And then that's kind of like how we ended it. And then, like you know, these days go by and I'm just like replaying the date in my head over and over again, and I'm like, wait, what did I do? Like, I don't get it. I thought we were good. I wasn't being weird or anything when I texted him two days ago, like I just you know, sent him a playful text, and you know, he didn't respond, so it's like, what's up.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we'll try to figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: Then we'll play a song come back and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another day if you still want one.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, I want one, all right, Okay.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back and call him and get your first day follow up next if you're just joining us.
Speaker 3: For today's first Day follow up.
Speaker 2: Tasha is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jordan's. So we're gonna call him in just a second and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. You still want one, right, Tasha? Oh yeah, and maybe get her another dat or she wants one, which she said she does. But first, Tasha, let's get a recap of your date real quick before we call him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was such a beautiful date. You know. We went to a bookstore and a coffee shop and then we like sat at the park and people watched and it was it was literally like a movie, like a romantic comedy movie, and I was the star and he was a hero.
Speaker 2: The only reason you can think of that he might be ghosting you is because you made a play political joke on your date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't care about politics.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: I'm i aspeaking to Jordan please, uh.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jordan, how are you my name is Jebel and I'm calling from a radio show.
Speaker 3: It's called The Jewbel Show.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 6: Is this a prank?
Speaker 3: No, it's not. We're calling you today for a different reason though it's not a prank.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: So we do a segment on our show it's called the first Day follow Up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can ask us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you from someone that you've been out with but aren't calling back.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, Tasha, Yes it is Yeah. She emailed us. Yeah, and she told us about your days.
Speaker 2: She said she really liked you, but she's confused because it's been nine days and you ever responded to her.
Speaker 4: I mean, she was great.
Speaker 6: The date was actually a lot of fun and she made.
Speaker 4: Me laugh a lot.
Speaker 6: She's actually really funny.
Speaker 3: Do you mind telling us why you're not talking to her?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 6: It's the glitter.
Speaker 1: She had a lot of glitter on.
Speaker 6: Her face, like like.
Speaker 4: A lot of it, you know, And I don't know It's just by the time we were done, it was all over me, and it was all over my clothes and my car, and I could never get it off. And I know, I know it sounds crazy, but I'm serious. It's just I kept finding glitter on myself for days. It was like I was dating a disco ball.
Speaker 3: So he eyeshadow.
Speaker 6: I don't know she wore in her hair. I guess her face. I think it was on her hands hat.
Speaker 4: It has been on her hands.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It was everywhere glitter on I mean, I guess it was like I wore it all day, kind of a clean freak.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, you ghosted me because of glitter?
Speaker 2: Heyasha, she's actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh my, this is embarrassing. Hi, Pasha.
Speaker 1: Look, it's nothing personal.
Speaker 6: I swear.
Speaker 4: I really did have a great day and you were very pretty and hilarious. But I'm saying about messes and it just stressed me out. And I can't have glitter all over me like I took a bath.
Speaker 1: It's called sparkle. Jordan and some of us like to shine.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, okay, it's fine, but I don't like this sparkle, and I kind of think that's like a little kid things too.
Speaker 1: Wow. No, okay, sparkle life, you know. And I'm a sparkly girl and I don't think there's anything wrong with him. And I mean, you've been to strip clubs before, so I'm sure you've had your you know, load of.
Speaker 4: I knew what I was and what's actually I don't really go to strip clubs like that because of this reason.
Speaker 6: I sparklestan it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, what's so bad about it? Like it just makes your life a little bit more shiny. I mean, I'll hope you clean it off.
Speaker 6: It's sempossible to clean up. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, the date was great.
Speaker 6: But I just it was like it was ending up in my food because it was all over my head and my hair and oh my god.
Speaker 3: If there was least Jordan, would you be down with that? Jordan?
Speaker 2: Would you like another day with Tasha? Will pay for it? If Tasha was willing to cut back on the glitter a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, if there's no glitter involved, Yeah, I mean, yeah, those are good date.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm not sure about that because I am a sparkly girl and I don't know if I even want to live a life without glitter.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, stand on your girl.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I mean maybe we pick like somewhere less glitter friendly, like a tool.
Speaker 3: I feel like that would be worse, Jordan. Honestly, you're swimming in it then.
Speaker 6: I mean I already was.
Speaker 3: Just embrace it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not even sure anymore, Jordan, because I thought we had something special and I can't believe you ghosted me because I sparkle.
Speaker 5: And I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I don't even think I want another date with you. I don't want you did in my light?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So does that a no, then, Tasha, you don't want another day with Jordan?
Speaker 1: Uh no, I will pass.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, at least you know now why he's ghosting you and that he's probably not a good.
Speaker 3: Fit for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very disappointed about this, Jordan.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm sure there's a lot of guys who would love to have your sparkle all over them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There is. And his name is Nate and I'm going on a day with him actually tonight. So whatever, okay. Juble's first day follow up