Speaker 1: On this episode of the Heat Check Game six is in the books, and god damn.
Speaker 2: It, that's happened.
Speaker 1: How did we get an absolute route by the Indiana Pacers? I did not see that coming. To help me break it down, I got my good friend, my brother, Juju Gotti from Meadow Arc and the damn Levantard Show in so Wyatt dropped that motherfucking beat that should be Beyanna.
Speaker 3: You you're listening to the Hottest, the Hottest. It be a podcast out here. I said what I said, eating it's the heat Check check.
Speaker 1: This East Coast ships, how does it go? I am so fucking burns out. Absolutely not this East Coast, This.
Speaker 2: East Coast game. Watching Juju is for.
Speaker 3: That's how you know who the real goblins and goons are. Bro Because Okay, the West Coast you're seeing him, it's like nine thirty pm whatever the time is ten right now. But if you see some on the East Coast stand up doing late shows, that's a winner. That's the keeper. That's a thousand o'clock over.
Speaker 1: Here, twelve twenty and we haven't even gotten to Love Island yet.
Speaker 3: That's what I was just bruh. I promised to God in my life I was gonna wait till you see what you're about to say, and I about to say, And I ain't even watching Love Island tonight, so I gotta still watch the Thursday show after this tonight? Up?
Speaker 1: Did I got a nine thirty am tomorrow and I'm still watching this Love Island?
Speaker 3: You got it? Oh you fall behind, You're dead. That's pretty much what's happening. You can't fall.
Speaker 2: Behind, you cannot you cannot fall behind. You don't go behind. It's fucking okay.
Speaker 1: See right away, that was just an ash kicking. I don't think I've seen them handled like that since they got run over by Denver when they got outscored in the second half by fifteen points. So, yeah, what what was the most surprising to you? As you're sitting there in your pacers, Jersey pregame to see this sort of beat.
Speaker 3: Down, and also too that when the Timberwolves spanked that baby on the only game they won. The most surprising thing to.
Speaker 1: Me was and Memphis in that game three, that they were up of a jillion and then they ended up the Thunder ended up winning that game somehow.
Speaker 3: Because I mean, y'all got hurt, remember, And but y'all said I had found them out. If I didn't get hurt, I had found them out with salute bro. Sure okay I could have said that, but yeah, Bro, I don't. The most surprising thing tonight was just the way that I would say that second half. Bro, how they came out in the second half, like okay, you got kicked in up behind the first half. Okay, that's how the series been going. One team will punch the other team in the mouth. Then the second half beat the one in the time where all right, let's make a little run, just cut it. The team going in the fourth and the fourth on you bro, them boy came out third quarter stale as a bag of chills that's been opened since yesterday, like Bro, and to they credit them, and the Patriots were still coming out in the third. But at the same time, that's the time to pounce. Whenever you got your other you got the other boys over there not hearing nothing for what for five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yo juju when the Pacer they didn't score, both teams for so long in the second half that the Paters scored one basket and Mark Dagno had to call a time out.
Speaker 3: Burned that guys.
Speaker 1: I was like, Wow, he really thinks buckets are gonna be hard to come by time outs after one layup?
Speaker 3: Right, Bro, it felt like that though it felt like, bro, who gonna do it? Who's gonna do it? But without I think that nim Hard tonight. His performance in that third quarter as important as he was in that first second quarter. His ability to step up and hit a bit shot here, drive, get the good files, get to the free throw line in that third quarter, that's what made Dad and I realize, Hey, Shay, sit by me, j Doug, come sit by me. Bro, we ain't got up to night.
Speaker 2: We ain't got it.
Speaker 1: Andrew Themhart seventeen points, four insists, three steals. The thing that I found to be incredible was his defense. He just takes contact so well from Shae, both of them wearing the number two, both of them going mono imano Canadiano like that, and he doesn't, he doesn't get baited into shapes Shae's little bullshit that he does. And that's the thing that I think Andrew Nemhart is valuable for. And then when you were getting damn near twenty points from the mom offensively, which you don't really count on boy, oh boy, and then okay, so we thought, all right, well, nemhard steps up, it's probably because Tyrese Halliburton is ineffective or not in the game.
Speaker 2: What did you see? At what point did you know he had it?
Speaker 1: At what point did you know, like, oh, Tyresee has been injected with compound v BRO.
Speaker 3: When he shot his third three in the first quarter and claned it out the back board, I was like, oh, hold on now, that looked like somebody that's been seeing a couple go in pregame. What was came out shooting that guy? I think that I mean, as important as he was, it's still like you said, the surrounding parts that that there was a surrounding him that really got it going. But like you say, when they see the leader with a Peppini step councel Christmas, it's over with. So yeah, first quarter when once I saw him launching him from three, even though he didn't hit the first couple, but once I saw that confidence in how he was shooting, driving to the basket and shooting instead of driving and looking to dish. Only because that last game I thought he was a little too passive because you're a dynamic player. If you get if he gets two feet in the paint and makes his decision from there, I think the thunder are always going to be in trouble. And he started the game tonight making that decision specific Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I was not sure, to be honest, how they were going to be able to get him going because he looked like he couldn't get any separation last game. He looked like he was tentative. He looked like he had no lift and the shot it was just all bad. And the offense was sputtering. OKC was on them like like like.
Speaker 2: Flies on dead meat out there just to warming them.
Speaker 1: And so Hallie game high plus twenty five plus minus and he only played twenty something minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we only played that half a game.
Speaker 1: So we still got a little little compound V in the tank here, right, seven fourteen to five with two steals just one turnover. How many turnovers did he have in game five? I feel like it was a bajillion?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was at least one one hundred thousand. I think that was the stat line on ESPN, one hundred thousand him and the Heart because.
Speaker 2: They had thirty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he had thirty two points off of turnovers, So I.
Speaker 3: Mean the turnovers they had to night. That was the biggest difference in the game tonight. They live it in the turnovers about a single digits tonight, especially before the the C squad came in the fourth quarter, which at that point nothing mattered. But yeah, that was the turnovers.
Speaker 1: Turnover, turnovers, all right. So we got Okay see twenty one turnovers to Indiana's eleven turnovers, and at one point in my notes it was sixteen to two point.
Speaker 3: Yeahs And now because Hallie made that turnover to Siakam in the third was like, oh, that's only the third turnover tonight, So yeah, Brad, that was that's the game right there? Can you take care of the ball? Yes or no? Yeah? Yes, you can have a spectaclear performance from guy A through through C for real, for real, because Jay McConnell might be the MVP of this series if things keep going right now. I'm not sure if I can say that into microphone or not, but I don't know who's listening.
Speaker 2: It is a safe space, Juju is a safe space. I think.
Speaker 1: Also, it's really hard for Okay C to be what they want to be when they're when their stats are let's look here, I think I think our man, Zach Lowe right now is live on.
Speaker 2: YouTube, by the way. It just pops up here.
Speaker 1: So they had their three pointers tonight. They were eight for thirty. They shot twenty six percent from three and forty one percent from the field, which listens. The Pacers also shot forty one percent from the field. But when you shoot that that overall at for okay see, that is either demoralizing or just simply very difficult to get into your defensive sets off of. And then the Pacers they want to run and get out in the transition. Hollie is so good at the go ahead pass, like they kicked that thing straight ahead, and now you're kind of like flustered trying to figure it out. And then I felt like, okay see, almost was not jacking shots up from deep. But like the lou Dort experience tonight was like I.
Speaker 2: Can't given down, Jude, I can't.
Speaker 3: Be like that's good, that's right right me too. It was like clang right airball.
Speaker 2: It was it was bad.
Speaker 1: I was watching guys that normally are the ones right, like wow, Chet Holmgren, Oh for three ja from three Jalen Williams over four from three, Lou Gordon one for five from three, Shae Gilgers oh for one for three. So that's seven, eight thirteen, one for thirteen from the starters from deep that's also in like a pretty damning stack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and bruh. I think whatever team can get at least a B effort from the supporting cast, that's the team that's gonna win, because the stars are still being the stars on both sides. No matter what. TJ McConnell is still being TJ McConnell, Thomas Bryant is still being the star. But at the same time, if you.
Speaker 1: Can't get Thomas brian is being the star, you're not about to slip that one under the You're not about to slip that one a Shae, though only twenty one points for Shay. Jalen Williams. Holy shit, juju, what do you think, Jalen Williams. I don't mean to be like a nerd about this. Plus minus what do you think, Jalen Williams. J Dubbs plus minus was.
Speaker 3: If I had to guess, yes, I would think it was like maybe round nine minus nine.
Speaker 2: Negative nine. Yeah, it was a negative forty.
Speaker 1: J Dubbs not winning Finals MVP off a negative forty plus.
Speaker 3: Negative forty negatives. That sounds like that sounds like the NBA two K Finals.
Speaker 1: Game Alex Caruso negative thirty three, which we saw earlier in this series as well, negative twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Those are gonna cut it, bro, Those are the culprits those.
Speaker 3: Think about in the wins. Think about in some of those wins. Adams Caruso got your twenty a couple of games like, and that's what you're gonna need. You're gonna need Shae to be shade. Shae gonna be shade within the parameter shake and b shade because you say he got twenty one points tonight, but he didn't test the floor in the fourth and we've seen what last two games ago. He went crazy in the fourth with sixteen point inf or So. I think if you can just get the support and somebody even on the other side, Benedict mathern Obi topping tonight, you feel me.
Speaker 2: Tonight, Obi Topping tonight. Juju, you're in my notes.
Speaker 1: Let all indie scorers with twenty four to three for Obi Topping. I gave this out on NBC A couple of games ago, right, I think it was right before game five, either Game five or Game six. In game six or game five, game five, and I said, you can get Obi top Obi Topping was literally one three pointer or two three pointers behind the leading three point shooters, and you can get him to lead all three point shooters.
Speaker 2: I know this is nerdy for fiftet to one.
Speaker 3: Bruh, it's crazy. You might want to lock it in, man, Yeah.
Speaker 2: With four threes.
Speaker 1: TJ McConnell. A lot of McConnelly out there.
Speaker 3: Bruh, loose balls. Give me that rebounds, Hartenstein, I don't care like br Bruh. Do all the things that your coach taught you to do in second grade pre k mites, like juniors. I'm not gonna say what ours was called because you can't say that anymore, but Bruh, in those leagues. TJ McConnell does those things. He follows his shot. You know how many NBA players shoot a three pointer and just back away, go the other way. TJ McConnell follows his shot and a look up into a rebound. Bro That's what you need in these Bridge trophy is on the line right now, No.
Speaker 1: Brouh almost had a triple double twelve points, nine rebounds, six assists for steals.
Speaker 3: Bruh. And that's TJ mcconnam my side on six two. TJ McConnell like me out there looking even six two. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: I bet he's six feet. I bet he's six feet.
Speaker 1: If they stayed six to one, that's six to one, and shoes, he's six feet.
Speaker 3: Bruther got more heart, He got more heart, and he had more heart tonight than every Thunder member, especially check Hunk Chick, Oh boy, bruh. The reason I thought that the Thunder would make kind of easier work of the pacers than this is because I said, oh, if Chip playing like that, the boy can't be stopped. If you get J Doll being j Dog, s g A just being s g A and Chick gonna play like this, it's raps.
Speaker 1: But chet omeron two for nine to night four points shocking only a minus eleven.
Speaker 2: I know that we don't care that much about it.
Speaker 3: You got he guess coach dat n said his ass down early, and.
Speaker 1: You can't really contribute much to losing.
Speaker 2: When Mark Dagno says, you ain't.
Speaker 1: Got it, brother, I don't think he's right still, I don't think it's hips right. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, but we need a little bit more aggression for him. Speaking of aggression, Oh yeah, but as the chet mister Dunk, speaking of aggression though blood sport.
Speaker 2: My favorite NBA player, James Johnson.
Speaker 1: You know it's good for the pacers at gamebridge Fieldhouse.
Speaker 2: When my man, who's got multiple.
Speaker 1: Black belts, his whole family's got black belts, he can taekwon dough your ass. Him and Sophie Cunningham, both together or in the dojo, ejected, ejected.
Speaker 3: Look, sometimes you got Sometimes you gotta put hands on somebody, bro. I don't care if you're playing thirty seconds. Sometimes you gotta put hand on somebody within twenty seconds. Man, the boy playing games, see you and okay, see man, that what he told him for now, see you and okay, see him out of here, bro.
Speaker 2: Just incredible stuff, just incredible stuff.
Speaker 1: The pacers up twenty two a half, and I honestly thought maybe there.
Speaker 2: Was something that they could get back into it with, but.
Speaker 1: They just looked gassed. Did it feel like, okay, see let go of the rope?
Speaker 2: To you, bruh.
Speaker 3: It wasn't okay see letting go of the rope to me tonight, broh. It was the voodoo that Pascal Siakna did pregame. I don't. I ain't never seen the man eyes pregame do them when his eyes did pre game them, boy was saying one, two, three pacers. My boy was like yeah right, and he was channeling Raiding from Street Fighter or more to come back. He was channeling guy from Street Fighter Ryu. He channeled the Great Goro with four arms. I don't know who he was channeling, but once he channeled that, it was Raps. I didn't see that tweet until like midway first quarter because I wasn't online like I posted been. Once I seen that tweet, I like, oh boy, what oh no? Patiers going back to the Oka see because man, how can you beat that type of focus? Number one one focusing that they came in there? Like I heard SGA before the game, was like, come on, guys, one game, one game for it all, my ass, one games.
Speaker 1: Really, one game for it all. I don't know about you, but I feel like I cannot predict this series to save my life. So I felt like tonight there was just no possibility that okay, okay Se wouldn't win.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even think it would be a close game.
Speaker 1: And if you would have told me, listen, Pacers put bell to ask, I would say, did Shaye even play?
Speaker 2: Did j do even play?
Speaker 1: So I guess how if you're the Pacers, because we're gonna wrap this up fast because it's a blowout. If you're the Pacers, how.
Speaker 2: Do you build on this?
Speaker 1: Like? What do you because it was clearly a bad Okase game and Tyrese is still hurt, but what what do you do to kind of recapture and bottle this up and take that back to a very hostile environment.
Speaker 3: Bro Rick Carlisle go in the locker room, everybody having a good time. Hey ay, everybody sit the LF down right now? Good? But damn a boy, this win. Andrew Nimhart, we need this from you every game. If we're gonna win a championship, we need this version of you. If we don't get this version of you, we're going to lose on Sunday, No questions asked TJ McConnell. If we don't get this version of you, we're going to lose on Sunday, no celebration. Hey, Benedict Matherrim, we won this game in spite of you being asked.
Speaker 2: We need we.
Speaker 3: Need game three, Benedict Mathern on Sunday, or we lose ob topping. If you don't play exactly like you play tonight, we lose on Sunday. Halliburton, Right, Halliburton, you're good, Siakam, you're good. Miles Turner, No, no, no, no, you're not.
Speaker 1: No, no, Halliburton, you're not good. We need this game from you, and more Halliburton. If not, we no.
Speaker 2: Steel balls made, and we fucking get embarrassed. And Steven A.
Speaker 1: Smith's out there clowning you all summer saying you're not not only are you not a superstar, you're not.
Speaker 2: A star, homie.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they got your little broke ass shot running this goddamn team, and that's what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirping.
Speaker 3: Come on, bruh, they gonna say that to you this one game do y'all been playing this game since y'all was little boys, Brother, Thomas Bryant, we need the game that you played tonight Sunday. If not we lose, tell me.
Speaker 1: Bradley, we need big time eat them up minutes pause for me.
Speaker 3: To eat them. Two points you had tonight, Tony Bradley, I don't know if it was two or three. We need all them. We need that technical file. If Hertenstein grabbing your jersey.
Speaker 1: By the way quick side, that was bullshit. That was that I could have swayed the game juju. I was like, oh shit, is this right?
Speaker 3: Because there was down with that. That's what cut it at eighteen eighteen ain't gonna sound as scary as twenty seven. You see me a couple of trade bolls. It did. Bro. We need everybody, Ben Shepherd much. We need it from you tonight Sunday. We need we need all right, everybody.
Speaker 1: Medicine for you, Ben Shephard, be snotty, be snotty.
Speaker 3: Wipe it off it all if we want one, we need them. And I think that's the message. And the saying goes on the other side of the on the ball mark dat now got a little boys in their eyes tonight, Bro, this ain't gonna cut it, man, check, this ain't gonna get it, Jay Doug. This ain't gonna get it man, Not the not the thing that we worked all year for, not what we want to not the summer. I got booked in my vacation.
Speaker 1: We're too young, nurse the youngest team in basketball.
Speaker 2: We're not ready right.
Speaker 3: Me and my wife got a trip bo to say pay right here. Here, here's the book and here's the flight number. Like we ain't going if you don't not like this, not last night, no no, no, no no adas caruso. The last two games are not gonna get me my job. I might get fired if y'all don't play Sunday. I'm telling that to them boys. So we're gonna come out and play for Canada. We're gonna play for Drake. He done lost this year. If you s g A we don't play for these new comers. What he got on his feet with that commercial that we tired of with them boys dressing the same way, all that go out the window.
Speaker 1: They're taking that commercial off juju if they lose on Sunday, c I M C.
Speaker 3: I cutn't that ship though the hell out of bro at eighteen and excuse me part of me? They sapping commercial.
Speaker 2: Mt I T I B G I.
Speaker 3: Print Boost mobile. Whoever the hell it is cut it.
Speaker 1: It should be easier, though, bro Casey to be inspired going back to their home crown and planning this.
Speaker 3: Ass It should be, should be. But I heard some stuff tonight where they don't want to be associated with the SuperSonics. Now they putting word out that if they win, don't that's bad juju. That's you feel me. I feel like the Pacers invite. They don't give a damn lad Stevenson. Come on, Roy Hibbert, this for you.
Speaker 1: That's like you don't like, you can't pay respects, can't pay homage to those that come before you. Come on, come on now, that's stepping on. That's stepping on sacred land right there with no respect.
Speaker 3: Burial ground type of Pascal Siakam type of voodoo.
Speaker 1: Before we run. Seattle fans, are they rooting for the Thunder? They're rooting against them.
Speaker 3: They root for the Thunder because Seattle they're some cool people. Many they they good man Seattle on that like, you can hate on us all you want to, but we good on that man, y'all win, we win. If I'm from Seattle, we definitely ain't cheering for Indiana.
Speaker 1: I am. I am up and I'm cheering an Ace. I'm cheering for As and Shelley. So we got to hit this love Island here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm cheering for them. Juju. That's all the time that we have.
Speaker 1: Follow Juju Gotti everywhere you find them. You can get them on Twitter, Instagram. He's funny as hell. Not only did you run the social media, he is the host of the Alley podcast.
Speaker 2: That is all the time that we have for this episode.
Speaker 1: He check come back Sunday night for an all new Game seven episode, or I'll still be on the East coast bleary eye. Do not forget the follow the heat checks now all throughout the NBA Draft and the Summer League, and then maybe I'll take a break. That means download, subscribe to your friends and follow us on TikTok and a instagram on this heat checking at Trister Creek on Twitter, Instagram and threads.
Speaker 2: Juju, my brother, I'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Instead to get wells
Speaker 2: Didn't get will soon stay stood Osi