Speaker 1: Same with Edmund Diaz.
Speaker 2: They weren't in the market for him until they were things changed.
Speaker 1: They were like, you know what, we can do this. Let's go back in.
Speaker 3: Thursday show, which means it's the last show of the week, which means I get to take a little bit of a break. What's going on, party people? I am clip Asias. That is Katie Wo. We got some Dodger talk for you. We're gonna talk a whole bunch of trek Schooble today. It feels like it's finally the day Wo that we just go all in on trek Schooble. Before we get into that, I want to tell people sound off in the comments. We're gonna take some comments, Q and A a little bit later in the show. Get your Dodgers thoughts, all that kind of stuff in the chat. You are in New York. The team is about to play a series with the Mets. We'll talk more about that later. Coming off a winning two of three in Philly, let's talk about that for a second. Would you like would you hate? I don't think there's much to hate really about that series.
Speaker 1: Not a lot to hate.
Speaker 2: They went four and two against the Phillies and the Yankees, like automatically, you're taking that.
Speaker 1: But when we throw the pitchers out there that the Dodgers won four.
Speaker 2: Games out of six by throwing Rokie, Emma Chian, Eric Flower in a bullpen game in four of those games, which includes a doubleheader, and they faced Garrett Cole, Camas Schletler, Zach Wheeler, Christopher Sanchez. I'm taking that every single time. I liked what we've seen out of Max Munsey. We're seeing a lot of Max Munsey love so far. To kick off the second half, Dalton Rushing snapped a pretty brutal skim of some encouraging swings last night. All the Dodgers have to do is keep winning series. It was their twenty second series win. I believe. Yeah, good teams win good series. That's not exactly smart baseball analysis.
Speaker 1: It is just what it is.
Speaker 2: So Dodgers took our business. I expect them to do the same against the Mets. And then we roll into the deadline, which.
Speaker 1: Right now feels like it's going to be a little boring. Officially ten days to go. I imagine that.
Speaker 2: Changes over the next week as more and more teams decide if they're going to be buyers are both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Red Sox decided to rattle off fifteen wins in a row, like what the hell Jays have been asked, the Orioles have been asked like it's it's it's wild over there. And then Dodgers. Of course, it's important for people to understand, like, yeah, they beat they got to More importantly, a number of very very good pictures there. You mentioned Schlitzler Nola was good at some point, you know, Max love you. Max already talked a lot about that. We don't need to talk too much about the Dodgers. We need to talk about somebody, the future Dodger, Derek Scopert, do it, do it right now?
Speaker 1: And this is all.
Speaker 3: These are my words when I say that. But we're getting into it with rumor has it? Rumor has it?
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 3: You've been busy today, put out a column. I should probably set this up before I go to the wrong screen. But you put out a column today. You will Salmon PJ. Mooney talking about Trek's schoobl industry inside as you talk to a bunch of executives where they think he's going, whether or not he's going to be traded, all that kind of stuff. What can you tell us about your work here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is to me.
Speaker 2: I love doing stories like this because every exec has a different opinion and almost everything, but especially when it comes to School and the biggest different opinion was should the Tigers trade him or should they not? And when we look at where the Tigers are right now in the AL Central, they are forty eight fifty four, not great, six and a half out of the division, only four and a half out of the wildcard. Still, with how random the wildcard can be in almost every scenario, this would usually dictate a soft.
Speaker 1: Cell in my opinion for the Tigers or ready team.
Speaker 2: But you have to factor in the ALE Central, you have to factor in the American League overall, and you have to factor in that the Tigers might not want to trade School if they think that they're a week away.
Speaker 1: From being right back into contention, and they might be.
Speaker 2: So that was the biggest debate when we talked to execs around the league was should they trade him?
Speaker 1: Should they not?
Speaker 2: And if the Tigers do side to trade Schoogle, well, it's no surprise.
Speaker 1: That the Dog or the Dodgers are the industry favorite.
Speaker 2: Now we've gone back and forth Clint on if the Dodgers actually need him. We've reported I heard the Athletic that the Dodgers would prefer to have a much more calm deadline. They're not really looking to make a big blockbuster splash unless they have to. It all comes down to the health of show. Hey of Snell of Glass. Now, longtime listeners, you know the drill. We've talked about it for the last three weeks or so. But when we were looking at the tears, Clint, I'm interested to see your thoughts here.
Speaker 1: There were a couple of surprisers.
Speaker 2: It wasn't surprising that the Dodgers were the industry favorite, and we'll touch into all the Dodgers'.
Speaker 1: Schooble stuff later in the show.
Speaker 2: But seeing the Rays as a dark horse, seeing the Brewers as the small market pick, those surprise me too. I still think as we sit here on July twenty third, the Tigers keep schooble, but certainly it's going to be the name everyone's watching in the industry until August third.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, Dodgers, like you said, they are the favorites. We've been talking about this for a while. We know the Dodgers have the tools, they have, the talent to acquire somebody like Trek Scoogle. You all have a need at the top of the rotation, even with the talent that this team has. But yeah, this is where you know, it gets fun, It gets interesting because you you could sit here, We can sit here and know that all those guys could come back, people can be healthy. We've talked about it ad nauseum over the last few weeks and all that. How about the different angle, it's the will he be traded? Will the Tigers actually look to move him? You mentioned they're in the mix. It's not a pretty scenario, I think on Fair Territory this morning. This morning they mentioned they have like a thirty percent chance of making the postseason. They're in the mix. The Tigers are in the mix. Here. It feels like it would also be a really hard sell for that fan base, you know, like maybe it's not up to the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It's almost always up to the Dodgers, right. I say this with all the respect to Andrew Freeman. It's the Dodgers world. They're just living in it. If the Dodgers want somebody, they're gonna go get that person, and they're gonna do it on their terms. They weren't really in the market for Kyle Tucker until they were, and then they signed him on a deal that was much shorter than two other deals he got from the Blue Jays and the Mets. Same with Edmund Diaz, they weren't in the market for him until they were. Things changed. They were like, you know what, we can do this, Let's go back in. That's why these execs across the industry are still connecting Schooble to the Dodgers, even though it's been pretty clear on the Dodgers' end that they view themselves as honestly sellers, which sounds weird to say a team buying for their third straight World Series championship shouldn't be selling at the deadline, But when you look at what they're trying to do with their roster, their prospect depth, I can see it. But because they have the ability to just hop in and say, you know what, actually does this is something that we want, we change our mind. We have the prospect capital to do it, we have no financial restrictions, and we're the Dodgers. That's why you keep seeing people tied in to the organization and the player. But ultimately it comes down to if they need him and then more importantly, if the Tigers want to trade him. And I'm with you, Clint, it's a really hard sell to that Tigers fan base. Let's look at what they did over the offseason. They started with extending the q O to labor tours. That's a twenty million dollar qualifying offer that puts them in a different tier when it comes to their opening day payroll. Right then they go out and they signed from Bribaldez to a three year I believe one hundred and fifteen million dollar contract to be the two behind Schooble. Those two moves right there do not signify a team or a front office that is looking to sell if things get a little you know, it's not like they were ten games out right now, they're four and a half out of the playoff spot. They brought Justin Berlander back. I know it hasn't gone exactly according to plan for the final you know, reunion Tour, but these are all moves they made to tell their fan base, we are going to compete in this division.
Speaker 1: This is our guy in Schooble.
Speaker 2: It's unlikely the Tigers bring him back in free agency or can even afford to.
Speaker 1: So they're going to go all in. At least that was the message that they put out in the winter.
Speaker 2: Now they had a really rough startup middle of the first half, but they're one week away, one heater away. As one exec said, from being right back in it, we saw the ale Central last year, and as we saw with the Guardians, it's very possible in this division to do that and flip it down the stretch. This feels like the Tiger's last window and trading Schoogle when you're technically still competing right now is a really tough look for this team, for Scott Harris, who again they were the favorites.
Speaker 1: To win the division.
Speaker 2: But you also on the flip side, have to say, Okay, if we're not going to bring if we're not going to sign school back, if we're gonna let them walk in free agency, can we capitalize on anything. I'm in the firm believer they should keep them, but we'll see. It's really going to depend on the Tigers, especially how they play over the next seven days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a difficult conversation. You know, if I'm putting myself, you know, putting my Tiger's hat on here. Yeah, you have the fan base angle of it, for sure, but you also have the fact, like you mentioned, maybe it's a hard resign in the off season. You don't know if Trek Scoogle even wants to be there beyond this year. Of course, they had the debacle a little bit. I'm gonna call it a debacle, the fact that they took their two time cy Young Award winner two arbitration to a hearing that was not exactly you know, pretty it was. It was a little bit of a public bumbling there. I don't think he's very active in wanting to be there, is very open to wanting to be back with the Tigers. Obviously, right now everything is focused on him, you know, being the ace of this team, leading them to a postseason birth if all goes well. But you know, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a lot of teams lined up with a lot of money and don't have the kind of baggage that come with the Tigers side of it, you know. Beyond that, I kind of lost my train of thought there locked in for justice this morning. Sorry, it has been a hell of a morning so far. But yeah, you know, let's let's focus on the Dodger side of it. They have you always have a need, don't necessarily, I guess you have a want. You don't have a need. But getting back to it, Ken, Ken Rothal and Will Salmon, who you penned your column with talking about a little bit yesterday the what the Tigers are looking for in terms of controllable pitching. Em It Shean was a name that was mentioned in there. I mean me trading she and I'm kind of okay and moving Shean if you are getting somebody that just brings the top of that rotation to a different level there. But yeah, what are your thoughts about this this kind of column here? And I'll work on locking myself back in.
Speaker 2: Look, it's an off day. We're just trying to survive. I'm on like day eleven on the road. I'm surprised I even made it back to New York.
Speaker 1: So it's okay.
Speaker 2: Everyone just grant Clint a little bit of peace in the comments. Let's talk a little bit about controllable pitching, right, because this is not just a Tiger's Dodger or specific need. Any team that's selling and looking to capitalize at the trade deadline is looking to capitalize on starting pitching that's controllable for multiple years. Because what is the hardest to acquire at the deadline or to acquire at the off season of the deadline, it's starting pitching. What's the hardest to develop, what's the hardest to sustain, it's all starting pitching. So with that is why we look at the deadline and we look at top pitching prospects or guys like Emmett, she and the fours five sixes in a rotation, because every selling team wants to capitalize on the premium that is starting pitching. So certainly the Dodgers don't kind of trade Justin Rabuski at me at any point in the season because of what he's done. If there's one name right now that the Dodgers could part with and you can make the argument they don't need him down the stretch, it's Shean.
Speaker 1: But I do think that there's there's more to in lock with Emmett there.
Speaker 2: I know it's then a frustrating season to this point because it's just felt like the same start over and over again, and I know he's coming back from a significant surgery and you're just not quite sure how Arms bounced back from there, so maybe that's why he's been voted in this conversation. He is certainly someone the Dodgers at this moment in time, when you look at who's coming back from the eel and who they're projected to have, makes sense to be in those conversations. But this is not just a the Tigers want controllable pitching. This is something that any any team selling that the deadline is going to want, the Angels, the Giants, the Rockies, because again, it's the hardest thing to develop, it's the hardest thing to sustain, and it's always the most expensive to acquire.
Speaker 1: Would it make sense for a potential trade for.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers and the Tigers, Yes, I guess, But as we've discussed for the whole show and basically the whole month, there's nothing here that's substantial that says these two teams are definite trade partners. They just make a lot of sense on paper, but again, so many different things have to go in both clubs well, I guess, and Dodgers favor and against the Tiger's favor for this to make a match.
Speaker 3: I mentioned that we've mentioned the free agency a bunch one lesser kind of thought. You know a reason the Dodgers might want to consider being out on schoolble Listen his agent, Scott Boris. They don't always get along the Dodgers. In Scott Boris, I don't. Maybe they don't always see to I. We know bro is going to be out there looking for the bag. And the last time I could think of a Dodger, you know, Scott Boris client, that was a Dodger, that was an impending free agent. You think of Max Scherzer. The Dodgers acquired Max Scherzer a couple of years ago, twenty twenty one. He was phenomenal. He was fantastic, eleven and zero, had an ERA under two in the regular season. You get to the postseason, he you know, he ends up closing out the the NLDS against the Giants, coming on in relief. Maybe parties a little bit too much for a thirty six thirty seven year old, but the arm doesn't bounce back as well, and then he's unavailable, much to the chagrin of mini fans. He is unavailable for a majority of that NLCS against the eventual World Series champion Atlanta Braves and Freddie Freeman. Uh Dodgers legend there. Do you think there's any anything there where there's like some lingering. I don't know, Like I wouldn't call it a resentment, but is that a factor where the Dodgers are looking at the Dodgers look at all angles and I'm looking at a Scott Boris client and get I get worried about him, rightfully, so protecting you know, that left shoulder there that's gonna make him a lot of money, and maybe not being as much of a workhorse as somebody with some job secure in the postseason.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't speak on Schuster because I was in here for that. I do think Schooble, we've seen that he is a competitor. He's also about to be a free agent and can make life changing money. Scott Boris is the most powerful agent in the game for a reason. I don't want to ever insinuate that he's instructing or the Dodgers are instructing anything behind the scenes. I think it's just something to be cautious of when the Dodgers go into pursuing any deal. Is what's just going to look like come October, Because again, they're not looking for regular season reinforcements, all right, They're not looking for someone in the rotation to just kind of add some length, unless something happens to smell our glass now, and then we're having a whole different conversation about what that looks like. If the Dodgers are going to go out and spend big at the deadline, which again they don't want to do, They really don't want to do.
Speaker 1: But if they are, they're.
Speaker 2: Going to go get an arm that impacts their odds for October to make it better. So if there's any and I'm not saying this at all about school because I don't think that's true, but they're not going to go into any hesitation with someone. They're like, Okay, he might not be ready for October. That's the only thing the Dodgers are trading for. Does this person make our team better in October. They're not chasing the regular season record win total. All they're chasing is the first round by and making sure that when playoffs start on October, first second, whatever it is, they're at full strength and any potential acquisition they made in August made them better for October, not the eight weeks leading up to it.
Speaker 3: The good thing. Also, if the Dodgers do, let's say, acquire Derek Scoople and there is a concern that I just laid out there where maybe he's not quite available, they don't need him to, you know, in the way that they needed Max Scherzer and Walker Buehler in that twenty twenty one postseason Julio odious and all. That they have more talent, more depth, they are better equipped to hopefully will knock on Wood here to have four guys be ready to go, and he just be the you know, if all goes well game one starter, maybe he's starting two games in the series and you know, picks up on game two or game three in the World Series. Again, this is this is this is the only this is like, this is such a Dodger problem. Only the Dodgers have these kind of problems where it's like, uh, should we go out there and just go get another ace when you know they have some guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four already. Yeah, But this is like the reality of where we are right.
Speaker 2: We have to create hypothetical situations here because we don't even know what the trademarket looks like.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking let me pull up the standings.
Speaker 2: There are so many teams right in that little bubble three or four games above five hundred in the NL, right out right at five hundred in the ALE, where one week of play is going to dictate if they're buyers or sellers. And they're most likely going to be soft buyers and soft sellers because and this is a bigger problem for the deadline. Expanded playoffs have made it so if you are a eighty five, eighty six, eighty seven win team and you sneak in that six spot, all.
Speaker 1: Bets are off.
Speaker 2: I've covered a Cardinals team that looks really really strong to get balanced by two games at the six seed in Philly. The Dodgers had their fair share, you know, they come out on top a lot of controversy based on just seating in general. It's why they're looking for the buy. Even now they've won back to back titles and they're like this is or and for the buy. So each team is playing for something different. These middle teams are just playing to get in. So for the next seven days again, this trade deadline is on August third of Monday, which is weird six pm Eastern three pm Pacific. Map of Heart so much it can happen within the next ten days. That's going to dictate who is even available on the market, who's not. Our team's going to do a bunch of this or a bunch of that and then combine it together, and we're all just kind of talking in circles. It's maddening. It's maddening to be a reporter right now. But fans want answers, and they deserve answers. They're just not available yet because execs don't even know what's going on. I had a conversation with the exec the other week in New York and he's just like, Yeah, we're all just checking in and saying the same things to each other every single day. That's kind of what my life has felt like the last two weeks. I would say around this time, maybe a week from now, when we do our Thursday show, we're having a completely different discussion because we're just going to simply know more.
Speaker 1: But right now, we're kind of in a holding pattern.
Speaker 2: Outside of the Mets and the Blue Jays have recently emerged as probable sellers, I'm not even sure which sellers, and the Giants, I guess have pieces contending teams that even want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every reason wants Schooble. If you guys want Errek Schooble, you better hope the Tigers do real bad. Still, there's a lot of uphill battle for that to even happen, and every other team is going to be in the mix because everybody feels like they're in there. But yeah, yeah, I know. I grow tired of this kind of stuff too. Give us a week and then give us four more days after that, and then we're done, and then we can look at all, right, how is this team going to stack up and get themselves ready for October baseball? Mostly good conversation there. I did my part. Eventually you crushed it. We'll be back. We got some updates from the IL, We got some questions and all that kind of stuff coming up in Bleed and Blue. But first, a lot is going to tell you about FanDuel.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by fan Duel. Baseball fans think you know who's hitting a homer today? Well, fan Duel is giving you a free chance to call your shot.
Speaker 1: With daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy.
Speaker 4: Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, You'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. You've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain, and don't forget you can make a free pick every day all season long. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home for home runs. So are you ready to play your game today? Join all the action at FanDuel dot com slash podcast That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast to play daily dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 5: Twenty one plus select states for Kansas and affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required, bonus issued is non withdrawable. Profit boost tokens. Restrictions supply, including any token expiration and max wager amount see terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler call one eight hundred my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven to seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut. Visit MD gamblinghelp dot org Maryland visit gambling Helplinema dot Org. Call eight hundred and three to two seven five zero five zero. Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and why text Hope and why New York Call one eight seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven Louisiana.
Speaker 3: First, get your comments, get your questions in. We're gonna we don't want to go too long today. We're both but very tired people. We do want to answer some comments, some questions from folks. I actually put out a feeler for our YouTube members uh to send in some comments, and I understand I probably should have done it a little bit earlier. If you guys want to participate in that in the future, you could become a YouTube member. It's three ninet nine a month. It goes directly to supporting us here at the show. You also get a discount on merch in the store. And eventually when we have our next happy Hour show, uh, you guys get to be a part of that, which our first one was a really really good time. Before we do that, though, just let it eat on all the updates on the off the eye out because there's a lot of things that happened. Will Smith to the sixty day shouldn't really mean anything, Shoeheo Toni still threw a bullpen on his start day despite being pulled from the rotation. And then we got some plakes now Edwin Diaz and Key Key Hernandez timeline updates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just wrapid fire through this.
Speaker 2: Will Smith transferred to the sixty day that was simply transactional to clearest spot on the roster. The earliest he can return is August fifth. Now because of that sixty day transfer, the Dodge don't expected him back until the middle of August at the earliest.
Speaker 1: So no harm, no foul there.
Speaker 2: Choeo Tani threw a bullpen thirty ish pitches yesterday at Citizens Bank Park.
Speaker 1: Reports from Mark Fire and Connor mcguinnis.
Speaker 2: Were thumbs up, all good Showeo Toni was not available to speak after the game yesterday, so hopefully we'll have be able to hear from him over the weekend to see where he's at. But obviously a good sign that he's going in there and throwing a bullpen. It was not a fastball only bullpen. It was your straight up, like in between starts bullpen that a starter would normally throw. Still no timetable for when he could return to the mound as a starter, but he is standled for another bullpen I believe Saturday at City Field.
Speaker 1: So I again, this makes the most sense. Just rest him.
Speaker 2: There's no reason to rush him back at the moment, especially with an off day today and an off day Monday. Dodgers can be strategic with their.
Speaker 1: Schedule down with triple A bake.
Speaker 2: Snell will start Friday against the Rivercats in Sacramento. I believe that's going to be three innings, around forty five pitches. The Dodgers are going to get him to five inning, seventy five pitches, no if sands or butts this time before they activate him off the il again.
Speaker 1: That puts him back.
Speaker 2: At a return right around August er, the trade deadline. What a coincidence. And then Edwin Diaz and Pique Hernandez there is a chance both make their along way to Dodger returns. On Tuesday, July twenty eighth, the first day of the Dodgers' next home stand against the Mariners. Edwin Diaz is going to throw the second of his back to back today for OKC.
Speaker 1: He's off Friday.
Speaker 2: We'll throw again Saturday, travel back Sunday, re evaluation with the club on Monday in La all goes well, trumpets in the ninth inning on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Key K Let's see day. Still Thursday, Thursday.
Speaker 2: Still on track, still on track for his declared timeline of July twenty eighth, as well, will monitor that accordingly. But two big boots for the club should be back by the start of the next home standfal goes well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really looking forward to getting Keyk back. We know he is the the vibes above replacement guy. I think just getting I mean, at this point, Alex Freeland is just wasting time at the major league level, collecting a nicer paycheck for sure. But Key K immediately, you know, play him some second base, play him left field, you know, maybe give Tayo a little bit of a blow or just a mental reset to get that swing going again. Yeah, nobody else said it a jillion times. Nobody else gets to get these guys back. Edwin Diaz is that's insane to add to this bullpen, Like going from land and Neck to Edwin Diaz.
Speaker 1: Is just yeah, the smallest, the smallest improvement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the all due respect of course to Land and NAC again, we had question I can't even say. So we had our friend Richie ask a bunch of questions in our YouTube members, which I appreciate, you know, Richie playing along with us. So there's there's various amounts. I'm not going to ask them all, but I think we got an easy soft toss for you to start us out. Richie had asked and I wasn't prepared to to pop them on the screen here, but asking you which press box has the best food spread? And did you end up crushing that the cheese steak there in Philly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did, I did.
Speaker 2: I can't ever read a whole one though, so let I have a very nice frie that will like saw off part of his for me.
Speaker 1: So that was really nice.
Speaker 2: The best food it really depends what you're into. But actually Steven Nelson and I had a chicken tender rankings, so we're gonna go Yankees Nationals. That's like the st tire one and two because not just for like texture and dipping sauce collection, but also there in the press box, so like you have to take five steps. So accessibility to get to these chicken trips are on there. San Francisco has some good ones, but you have to leave the press box, so they dock some points there and then rest and peace of Oapen Coliseum also has some good ones. Actually, Philly great ice cream legendary Franky two scoops. He's been there for forever. He scoops all the ice cream out there. San Diego has great concessions. Look, obviously, when I go to the park, I'm spending a lot of time watching baseball and not at all and what I should be eating that day. But if you ever want a power rankings on press box, food and concessions, I'm your girl, got you, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I really want to, Like, I think we need to build out use AI to build out yours and Nelly's you know chicken tendy tier list there because that's important stuff, you know, noticeably absent and rightfully so on that list of yours. Dodger Stadium press.
Speaker 2: Box sound's fresh, But I actually are we allowed to you let us yet?
Speaker 1: Are we allowed to you? Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. We be Me and the missus had led us last night. We you know, so far, so good. Shout out al Poyo Loco not a sponsor, but they did not poison us, and God was it good. I didn't realize your boy would mislet us that much. Another one from Richie Shocker. Another one for us is, besides living out of a suitcase on the road, the best MLB city to visit? Which city you know you don't want to see on the schedule during a heat wave. I guess there's two parts there, but let's well keep it positive. What's your favorite city to visit? And it can, you know, include all the things. Friends are there, enemies are there, beautiful ballpark, beautiful scenery around the ballpark, good bars, all that kind of stuff. What's the favorite?
Speaker 1: It's Chicago for me.
Speaker 2: I did a lot of Cardinals Cubs, like weekends at Wrigley, and the good people at Wrigley Buila really know how to get after it. I love the vibe there and Chicago in the summertime.
Speaker 1: It's it's unbeatable.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I love going to San Diego, San Francisco, Sea friends and family, but like those we see those parks all the time.
Speaker 1: So Chicago. I do like Philly.
Speaker 2: As a post He's tell and I'm a big Milwaukee enthusiast.
Speaker 1: Maybe because it's close to Chicago. But you can really have a lot of fun in Milwaukee if you know where to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Culver's for me, but I can get Culvers and in a lot of different spots. But also I'm pretty sure you can get better butterburgers and cheese curds elsewhere in the Milwaukee side of things. Richie actually had a question for me and had nothing to do with the man Cave. Luckily, no man Cave questions for you here, but I want you to play along with this one. Besides the pitching side of the game, that you enjoy, what part of the game really fascinates you. He's saying he loves the game within the game, you know, moves to be made, all of that, like the cat and mouse game. Yeah, I've for me, it's as I've talked about for years doing this. I love the story of a season and how different chapters we're talking about, Oh, this team is crap, the manager doesn't know what he's doing, all this kind of stuff. Thankfully we don't have as much of the manager doesn't know what he's doing, but that kind of stuff, it's about just at the end of the season, what that story looks like ideally, you know, you end the book with and it's funny. I'm not a reader, but I know how I just am not a reader. At the end of the story, you hope the you know, hero prevails and they win a World Series and all of that. But I'm I'm a big fan of just that storyline. And I don't think you get that in any other sport. You don't get that in football. You don't get that in basketball hockey. You don't get one hundred and sixty two games over one hundred and eighty some odd days of you know, living day in day out with these people all different ways. You a lot more than me. Woo. But you know, watching this team, watching just baseball teams develop and evolve over the course of a season, that's fun to me. What do you have any thoughts on this? You know, what you enjoy outside of just like the main factors of a.
Speaker 2: Game, I think the biggest and this came up in that second game against Philly with that either if you're a Philly fan, horrible game, any double play, Dodgers fan, wonderful, the.
Speaker 1: Strategy that gets a team to the ninth inning.
Speaker 2: Both and it's completely different from manager to manager about what they're looking at. So being able to sit down with Dave Roberts, you know, off the record, behind the scenes, no cameras rolling, and hear you know, his decision making for why Tanner Scott was going to go for a five out save, or why it was Jack Dryer up and garter Bus up and when they got up, and why the workload to why Alex Bescio was down. The kind of complicated mess and puzzle pieces that managers have to deal with and pitching coaches just to get through a game without screwing their bullpen for the next two to three It's so fascinating because and I wish there was a better way to show the ripple effects of overusing a reliever and how it can affect your whole series and maybe even the next one at the extense of winning one game. So to hear the managers figure this out in real time. I've had lots of different managers and lots of different conversations about bullpen usage because it's the thing that fans fixate on the most. And that makes sense, right, because if you're bullpen comes in and you blow the game, you're blaming the relievers. So there's always so much controversy over what reliever is in at what time, But there is so much more behind the scenes than what the splits might say or what the line scoring might say. And that was something that I had to learn quickly as a rookie reporter because I just didn't know it. And to be able to learn from Mike Schild, alimrmel Skipschmaker, Dave Roberts on how to manage a bullpen. That stuff is so so nitty gritty behind the scenes. I wish we spent more time on it. Maybe we will this postseason.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, particularly with Dave and watching, you know, for me watching you know, eleven years now of evolution and him managing a game, managing a bullpen first head full of years were tough. You look at the postseason. There are decisions. It's not all on him. You got at some point as a pitcher, as a player into a game and not you know, I will to say, do your job, but you know, some decisions that we'll say lead to frustration, anger amongst the fan base. But just watching that evolution up through you know into twenty twenty, you know, no one when to hold him, no one when to fold him, no one when to not use Kenley Jansen, all that kind of stuff. Knowing how to bridge a gap, knowing how to trust your guys as well. We saw in twenty twenty four him put his hand on the chest of Blake trying is like you got this, like like Blake wanted it, got out of that ending, trusting Walker Buehler to come in do something he hadn't done close out that particular World Series game in game five. That's the type of stuff that four years ago Dave might not have done. He might have stuck to the script, stuck to the game plan, gone to his lefty ear whatever it is, and or go to Dave, sorry, go to Clayton Kershaw and relief in game five of the NLTS and then we're all upset and mad and all that kind of stuff. Or one more quick one because we actually had a live question here b L Boyd, who sits in the postseason for KIK with Tayo and Tucker being the only candidates that they split times sitting. I think, and this is something you know, we talked to Dave Roberts last year as Taoskar was struggling and They always say that it's a meritocracy, you know, like if you're playing well, you're going to get a chance to play. I think Key k could find his way into left field if Tao hasn't figured it out, because you get plus defense, you get better speed, and you get keek tober. That's my kind of thought. How do you think something like that could shake out?
Speaker 2: Things have to go seriously wrong for Kyle Tucker to be a platoon player in the postseason. They're not paying him sixty million dollars to rock the bench. Tayo a different story. It's been a rough return for Taskar, Hernandez and I mean hit they are about the same levels of production as Kyle Tucker. But this has been a season long thing for Kyle, and he's because of the contract, going to get more leash. And it's not like the Dodgers are struggling without Kyle Tucker hitting.
Speaker 1: They're doing just fine.
Speaker 2: It's just frustrating from a fan perspective when you go out and your big marquie free agent signing has not put up be a big agent marquee numbers.
Speaker 1: It's I always find it a little funny to.
Speaker 2: Hypothesize, but something's going to look like two months from now, because baseball changes like this. It's a long season that we think like drown like drags on, but it changes quick. So there's there might be situation come October where that's not even a possibility.
Speaker 1: But if we're gonna play.
Speaker 2: The hypotheticals, Tao is going to be the bench or not the bench guy, excuse me, the platoon guy. You can see Key K come in. He has the affinity for the postseason. Kyle Tucker, unless it looks like Andy Pa has post season twenty twenty five, is going to be out there in right field every single day, and even then he's probably still going to get the bulk of the reps. I just can't see the Dodgers platooning him Tao. Different story and Clinton, you can make the argument that with key K back, they are so they might want to start that platoon earlier than Gott.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird with a you know, right hand, right hand platoon, but at some point, you know, it's got to be about who's performing. It's it needs to be a performance based job. We got a little bit more to talk about here. First, we want to tell you guys about our friends at seek because three more games until your boys are home, and it feels like it's been a bajillion years, as you very well know, having been on the road for most of those bajillion years. But looking forward to seeing the team come back a huge one. Obviously off day Monday, and then the Tuesday it is World Series Player Ring Night at Dodger Stadium. I always love looking at the giveaways. If people want to go check that out. Everybody loves the Player Ring Night. You've got to check out getting tickets with our friends at seat Geek. There's over thirty five million downloads with seageek. It is the number one rated ticketing app. You can get tickets to Dodger game, concerts, festivals and all that kind of stuff. And seat geek has your back because every ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know when you're getting a good deal.
Speaker 1: You can look for the green dots. Green means good, red means bad.
Speaker 2: Very easy to follow, and every ticket is back by their buyer guarantee. And of course we have a code for you all. You can use code Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek.
Speaker 1: That's ten percent off.
Speaker 2: Any MLB tickets with promo code tear ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account.
Speaker 1: So you can use it later. Thanks as always, see geek.
Speaker 3: You know what I want to also do. Thanks for our friends at Fox one. This is the schedule series preview presented by our friends over at Fox one. Back with us here at Dodgers Territory for the stretch run of the season. Very much appreciate that we've looked at the standings. We've talked about the standings a whole bunch. What I want to do is look at the calendar right here and I just mentioned it there Dodgers back home against Seattle. But more importantly, well next week, more importantly you got three more on the road, the Yankees big game on Saturday, where that is a Fox game. Our friend Ken Rosenthal will be there, Yamamoto, and I believe Nolan McLean. That is a fun one, absolute fun one. And we've got McLean, who's in the conversation for NL Rookie of the Year. What are you looking forward to with this particular series against the Mets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fox gets a redemption after their primetime Yamamoto Cam Schlitzer got rained out and they got a bullpen game from both games instead, or that was the ESPN game or not even ESPN NBC Quinn, I'm struggling to I think we just wrap this up.
Speaker 1: But what I'm looking at, Look, this.
Speaker 2: Was supposed to be much bigger series than it's gonna end up being because we all thought the Mets were going to be pretty good.
Speaker 1: Silly, Yes we should know better, but I.
Speaker 2: Think it's a big, big test on Friday for Roki Susaki, who came out against the Yankees just firing triple digits. We're really in on like big glove controversy. Is it actually bigger? Is it helping with tipping pitches? I think that's hilarious. If so, why fix the problem when we can just slap a bandit on it, get a bigger glove?
Speaker 1: I love that. We love an easy fix.
Speaker 2: So if Rokey Susaki can come back out and pump a hundred consistently against the Mets, I am almost there, getting back on my Roki redemption tour. Not that I ever touted him. I totally totally did not go back on my word.
Speaker 1: But that's that's what I'm excited about.
Speaker 2: And then I guess just to see how show Hey progresses through the weekend, because that'll be pretty telling, big homestand coming up with the Mariners and the Red Sox who have surged right back in it. But yeah, I'm looking at the pitching and Yamamoto. Here's my hot take I've been having in a while. As we get closer September, our talk for the Dodger that has the best chance to win the Si Young is going to be less O, Tawny more Yamamoto. It started with the CG on Saturday and it's going to continue with this Saturday primetime in Queens and you.
Speaker 3: Guys get to watch Yamamoto on Saturday. You can watch it on Fox, MLB on Fox is streaming on Fox one. Race the Race October starts now and we have your front row seats. They have it to the wildless walkoffs, lights out, lights out pitching and clutch plays all season long, follow every can't mismatchup his team's battle for a spot in the postseason. Then stream the twenty twenty six World Series live on Fox One. Of course, your Dodgers will be in that at home. Are on the go live or on demand. Never miss a moment stream now, thank you Fox one one quick one, let it go. I'll be honest, I don't even know a dog is in here, but we're gonna do it either way. Oh yeah, really find out Millie was adopted. We're gonna talk about that again. If you guys want to adopt and help out Alanta, help out Gidrey's Guardian, you could do that, get yourself. Well, you can't adopt Millie, but you can adopt Millie's bulldog son, Nacho. Nacho is still available, so uh check that out. Go to gidy Guardian dot org. Support Alana. She will be back on Monday. Who might not be here Monday potentially.
Speaker 1: I will be traveling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excuse me partying. You gotta be back home finally, I.
Speaker 2: Wish I wish I was having a party. No, I will be I will be back home at some point on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Speaker 1: We're proud of my hands and my fay are with Southwest. So that's nothing else.
Speaker 3: Not a sponsor, but guys, we appreciate you hanging out with us. Go Dodgers, sweep the Mets. That's always the goal, that's the plan. We'll see you on the next one. Subscribe also on the way out. Okay bye