Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment pres amps the Rick Butchers Show with Speedy, Greg Butchers, Hadie Van Adler, and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 2: You may here we go America. My goodness, Germany is ready. The lotion in Dublin, George is ready. Fellow Jonesboro, Arkansas. Greg's peanuts are ready to Crabb Casket Company, and Moretto, Tennessee is ready. Oh Shan got the vaalle list. Go Laurel, Mississippi. Dublin CSI is ready. Loads of Mexicans are ready. You can't PISSI. Calhoun County is always ready. I'm coming down a two year old who woke up. But I'm up, guys. I'm ready, Alexandria, the valley cubs are ready. The cater truck drivers are ready. I see you.
Speaker 3: He is ready.
Speaker 2: H so so much to cover on the program today. Thank you for letting us know that you're ready. All over the country and today even around the world. It is time for another Rick Burgess Show, and we're in a brand new hour. We have Speedy, we have Greg, we have Adler. As the great ken Osborn introduced them one by one, they all subtlely in and I just want to take us if I could and I'd like to move us twenty four hours ahead. We're twenty four hours from now. We're checking it with Speedy, and I wonder how it's gone. After a night of restless sleep, Speedy leaves today for Dublin, Georgia and the land of Larry the patch Man and his wife Carolyn. It was all a bit until it's real. Can I ask you all questions? Yep? Who would have thought, well, we were listening to that first message on your phone? Yep, Speedy with one day he spend the night with Larry and Carolyn. I still remember, I remember, relationship has really grown. I remember screaming out in the hall everybody in my office. Now, yeah, you'll have to hear this first amount boom.
Speaker 4: Now look, and that's what you know I was telling It was only six months ago.
Speaker 2: I was just I was texting with Larry. They don't live just down the road either.
Speaker 4: No, as he was sending me pictures of his cats, and and and and I was saying, you know, one thing, that's so. But even though he's a very unique person, and that's the reason why we were intrigued to begin with that he collects patches and from Alaska and all this kind of stuff. Then we met Carolyn, who's sweetheart, and then it just kept growing. And I said the fact that that a staff member is going to just spend spend the night with a listener that they've never met in person almost five hours away, I said that it's really a lot of it's about that, about yeah, you know, take the patches and take the sled and take you and just slide it over here. I'm just going to spend the night with a listener and telling my boys who are alts now, who don't pay attention to what we do every day, and you know, and I just say, hey, by the way, I'm going out of town just to give my heads up. You know, your mom will be at home, you know, that kind of thing. And then to have them look at me and they kind of turned their head, or the Pauls on the phone as I was just talking to Reese and he said, you're doing what right? And and Jac's response was what did they win? Is this was it a contest?
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh no, he just lost.
Speaker 4: But you know, back to when we were trying to explain to one of our sales reps and she didn't know it is tough to explain because it is it is.
Speaker 2: It's like a soap opera.
Speaker 4: It's just we lived it out and I don't even know because Terry asked, she said, how did it even?
Speaker 2: How did it even come about?
Speaker 4: And I said, I think there was one time where he was talking to us and we said we'd love to meet him, and he said he would love for us to see his patch collections, and then somebody on one of us said, well, we need to come see it, and then it kind of grew from there.
Speaker 2: We were but we had different scenarios that we're going to do, and we landing on this one. Yeah, yeah, it was you know when you when we were if you go back to Tell from the camp House, the very first one, and we're trying to say, all right, we're starting. We're so we're so grateful for what we've done, but it's a it's a new endeavor in twenty twenty five. So and our goal was we wanted to do a show where the people every day as they turned it on, said there's no telling what's happening today, and we all agreed that we were up for anything. I think I think Speedy, you didn't you didn't realize that how soon you'd be taking up on that and the things that have already happened in six months. And I had a similar situation. You know, our families don't really know what we do. And I saw y'all's group texts late in the afternoon early evening, and I went to reply and I said, oh, everybody's getting kind of fired up because Speed's headed out tomorrow. And she goes, what where's he going. I said, he's going to Dublin, Georgia. And then she goes, for what are y'all doing in Dublin, Georgia. I said, oh, he's he's going to have a little sleepover. He's staying over some listener's house. She says that I never meant. She said. What I said is what does he got to stay somewhere? You doing something over there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, he's only going to stay with them just for the night and to check out their patch and to broadcast from. And then then I then I gave her an option. I said, no, honey, I can go on to explain this, but you could just stop right now, and because it's just going to get weird it is, and she said, try me I said, Speedy's going over to see a giant patch collection, and she said a couple of She said, I think I'll choose now to stop.
Speaker 4: I said, okay, so you gotta have you can't lazily explain it because it takes you. Got to have some energy and really go Okay, I got to really explain you. Gotta tell where it started, how it ended up here.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: But I was I was telling him that yesterday. I said, really, it's more about that, just the whole here, I come you all.
Speaker 2: Ready, and he's my daddy. I'm gonna go and Daddy come in. I'll be there short, Speedy, text me when you're on the road. Now, look, I'm gonna go ahead and tell you now, Speedy, I'm just want to prepare you. And I think I speak easily on behalf of the two other guys here. We're gonna forget about you today. Now we're gonna let you now. Now we're gonna be wide open tomorrow, excited about it. You know what I'll think about it. I'm going to bed Yep, thank you, buddy. But I want you to know that you got you gotta hold you gotta hold trip ahead all that at some point, well, we will. We will completely forget that you're doing all this will be so immersing our own day about the time I'm halfway through the Bible study today, Yeah, it'll be, I mean, and then after that the things I've gotten, I'll just start rolling through my day and forget. I'll there'll be a time I'll think You'll you're still here, you know what. I don't even think you're still in town. You know, I have no idea where you are, well what you're.
Speaker 4: Going to try to do without updating too much, because some of you are like who cares, but some of you do want to know. Hey, I kind of like to have a timeline of you know, updates.
Speaker 2: I won't do it too much, but Sweety you your story today is huge, so I won anybody follow Speedy on my Instagram story.
Speaker 4: I will go, hey, I'm leaving, this is where I'm at, you know, and then I'm pulling up and I'll try to capture you know, me put park in the truck and then eating a sandwich, then welcoming me in and as I enter.
Speaker 2: The home definitely and you pull in.
Speaker 4: So I'll try to have all of that, put that on my Instagram story. So in the morning you'll have a timeline as a staff of going, Okay, if you did forget about me, you can go back and go, okay, this is what he was doing.
Speaker 2: I will and I look forward to what I remember it. By then you'll probably have four or five updates, right and.
Speaker 4: Look, and I don't I'm not offended by that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just life is business. We have any time something I was sitting there that lonely take yea even thought about me, by the way, forgot y'all don't understand that we do that anytime. I mean, it was got some kind of something, and now like like the what I had on Monday, would I just sat out Just so y'all know, I'm good. Yeah, I know you were going to bed. Yeah I was. I was climbing in the bed. Oh I forgot. Sure. I'm just to get back from.
Speaker 5: Do you need a phone tripod thing? I have one.
Speaker 4: I have a phone tripod thing, and where I can take where I can just you know, have it stationary. Uh, And I'm gonna try to take enough microphone cables and all that to where I can pull it around the house. If so, the only problem is headphones and here and y'all we'll get through it. So I'm gonna try to zoom the video option and then comras.
Speaker 2: The audio option. So well, we're thinking Adler is just the same Frank Frank Caliendo set up from yesterday.
Speaker 6: And if it doesn't that's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And if it doesn't work, uh, and I'm limited to just where that comrade unit is, then we might go full zoom.
Speaker 2: We'll see as far as high reception goes and quality and all that. So you can get all the recap tomorrow on the show, for sure. But if you want to follow how things are happening today as Speedy travels, be sure you're following you on Instagram. People are saying they're adding notifications where they have.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back America. Thanks for being with us today. So a lot to come. Obviously, we're preparing for Speedy's departure today to go to Larry the patch Man and Caraen and his wife their home. As we were talking about in the break, we may talk about Speedy going over there, but have we ever put on their shoes. They're having some guy from radio show coming into their home and staying with them and then broadcasting live from their house tomorrow. So they're kind of a weird place too. So if it goes well, get ready show hunt Jack. He's coming to stay with you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I had actually had somebody reach out from Virginia I could comes stay with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're up next America. No, actually, he's right. The person's involved at the bottom looks like they're involving Liberty University somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They send an email said I'd like to get on the list for the next Place speech todays boy. So yeah, so anyway, we have that coming up. Also today we have be True or bs Andy Andrews and is dropping by again today. How did you? And that gives you, guys, uh in the audience multiple shots at the wheel because we we did this and ride again because I know the wheel. Everybody just loves that wheel of bundles, bits and bucks and and so you're you're thinking, we not in the vox seats, I never get a shot at the wheel, but you do. You get right again. Gives you a shot, you know, and Andrews gives you multiple shots. So so yeah, this is when the audience the massive audience everywhere gets a shot, so be paying attention. Andy will be here a little bit later on and Wednesday Bible study. Back today, I mentioned that, yeah, we're Joe nineteen today. Powerful, powerful chapter that has probably one of those that you might be there's portions of it that you probably are very familiar with.
Speaker 4: But do you know I'm looking forward to that today. I need to even catch up. I need to catch up on a few and uh and.
Speaker 6: So no and uh ten hours.
Speaker 4: Sure, if I was that's that's what I would do, But no, this will help me catch up on a few that I need to do.
Speaker 2: So and then you need to look up and for you know it. You're in Georgia, you know, not quiet, but yeah there, and they just installed Instagram for this. Yes, that's well. Look if there was ever a time when you thought, I've always wanted to install Instagram so I could follow the guys and find out what's going on. I mean, for no other reason. Stay with Speedy Day. He needs us, Yeah he does. Yeah, just if I know that y'all are all with me, and then it helps. And like I said, talking to Larry and them, I mean they're rick to your point they're they're having a stranger come in their house and send a naturally syndicated show and we'll just be live in their kitchen. What if we're there, like, what if we forgot to go to you and we miss the whole ohle thing? That's what jac said.
Speaker 4: He said, I know how y'all tire anything, but if you drive five hours, I hope they give you more than ten minutes. I said, no, it don't matter. I'd rather not be a bitp than anything. But we'll, uh, we'll go live I think one hour.
Speaker 2: And Yeah. One of the struggles we're having with tomorrow because I know for some of you and you're write and you know the sprinkle format and you don't want to stay on anything too long. This has been a great narrative, you know, it's how much of the show tomorrow do we devote to the speedies in that home? You know, if you go back to the days, which a lot of people are saying, this is going back to the Rick and Bubba days, could this be Willy one to two point zero? Vicky quest, Well, those things dominated a large VICKI quest, if I'm not mistaken, was an entire show. Vicky quest not only did you go a long way, you brought them back with you. Yeah, you did. And then it bled into the next day because you actually brought them here. Yeah and there.
Speaker 4: I know, we have a lot of folks that have just joined this show this year that don't know what this was. A lady losing her eyesight and the last thing she wanted to do is meet you guys. You wanted to see this before she went, right, And so I went over there, picked her up and brought her.
Speaker 2: Back and yes you did, and and well I enjoyed that as an audience.
Speaker 4: Member, and the whole the whole soap opera began. And when I pulled up and trying to get her in the car, yep, and boy it was an adventure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was a you know when you go to pick up someone and the first thing they say is sorry, we're not quite ready yet. And I'm still trying to find my brad. I'm not sure what apartment it's in. That that was that is, I mean, you're and there's a drum set, the drum set in her apartment. I couldn't believe it when when I heard there was a drum set in there, I just thought, well, you know, God's grace just continues to pour out on me and undeservingly and uh and so that was that was something. And then Willie Wanda you know, goes back to the very first year that Bubba and I did a show together, you know, and it revolved again around something that brought members of the audience into our lives. So that there's a lot of similarities ringing here, you knows, as you've heard Ken Osborne say, we we deal with the public a lot, and Forrest Gump was right, it's like a box of chocolates. You don't you don't know what you're gonna get. No, And and I think, now, I don't mean, I don't mean to add on to this speedy, but I will say this, and in all the years of doing what we do for a living, and for me, I've been at this forty about forty years. Okay, the majority of it, obviously Rick and Bubba show, because that's thirty one big ones right there, which is over half my life. By the way, is you I think that I'm not this is not directed that at our friends in Dublin, So don't okay, okay, good, I'm just speaking in general, I think all of you agreed. No particular I think I think social media has played a big role in this huge role. I do, though, believe that of all the things I've experienced doing with this for a living, which I love, people are a stranger now and they've ever been. Oh yeah, you got a lot to talk about. Yeah, it won't have to look real hard now. At one time, you know, it was almost like deer hunting in Alabama in the seventies. Yeah, before the herd got so big. Yeah, there were deer, and but it was you never saw them, and you heard people who saw them. And every now and then somebody would bring like a spike in, which is a nobody even discussed. That didn't matter because they couldn't beieve they saw one, and no they didn't. There's no discussion. And so that's the way. That's the way odd people were throughout most of the time we've been doing this. They're out there. But now, but now, especially now as you can hunt over feeders. Right now that now that we do supplemental feeding and all this, it's almost like deer everywhere. Yeah, yeah, and and and you know it's weirder not to see them and and and that's the odd people. The numbers are are unbelievable. Now you almost get overwhelmed by the potential of the oddness. Yeah, there's actually more than you can Actually you can't. You can't even manage them all right now, And everywhere everywhere you go you encounter them. There's no group that it. You go, we don't have any strange people, And just when you think you've seen it all, suddenly you say something more, you know, outstanding the word I.
Speaker 1: Like to know.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about like things like being involved in church. I remember strange people at church was relatively odd. Now they're everywhere. I mean, it's I encounter a lot of strange people. Yeah, a lot everywhere. Everywhere. There's no place where they're not there, you know.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the trip, my dad has an unusual request.
Speaker 2: Okay, does he wanting to go with you? Now?
Speaker 4: He asked if I could if I had time to run by somewhere, which surprised me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll tell you. Why are you in the area?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the Rick Burgess show, all right.
Speaker 2: So we've been talking about Patriot Mobile for a while now. Now you probably already know that for years years, Uh, they've stood in the gap for every American who believes that faith, family, freedom are worth fighting for. Okay, we know that they're the real deal, but did you know did you know this? They have cutting edge technology. Yeah, there's a lot of great reasons to go with Patriot Mobile, but I don't want you to think that you're downgrading on your quality of service and many scenarios you are upgrading. Switching is easy, no store visits, no hassle, keep your number, keep your phone, or upgrade. Their one hundred percent US based team can activate you in minutes, right over the phone and get this. Patriot Mobile is one of the few carriers with access to all three major US networks. That means exceptional nationwide coverage. Plus they can even put a second number on a different network on one phone. It's like carrying two phones in one. They have unlimited data plans, mobile hotspots, international roaming, Internet on the go devices, and home internet backup. You get all this from them? Can you get all that from the big guys? No? No, you can. So what are you waiting for? Make the switch today and experience the Patriot Mobile difference. Go to Patriotmobile dot com. Slash rick are called nine seven two Patriot mentioned the show and use that promo code Rick and get a free month of service. Switch to Patriot Mobile. Defend freedom with every call and text you make. That's Patriotmobile dot Com slash Rick are called nine seven to two Patriot.
Speaker 1: The man who has never been fashionably late to anything.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 5: Purchase the monsor today.
Speaker 2: In nineteen seventy four, Lynyrd Skinnard released Sweet Home Aliment and the rest they say is history. We've heard us talk about it. I think it's probably one of the best know known songs in the world. Yeah, it still gets tons of area. We've been many places. We've been all over the world and anytime somebody says where are you from, And if you say, well, I'm from Alabama, no matter where you are, they know Sweet Home Alabama, no matter where you are. And it released today in nineteen seventy fours. That's a big one.
Speaker 5: I was in Northern Ireland and a bunch of like primary school girls I was doing like mission work and a bunch of wait wait, I was playing drums that we were going around to different schools. I was playing drums with a student choir okay, and they were like, where are you from, and I said Alabama, and these I guess fourth and fifth grade girls in northern Ireland all sang together, oh sweet Home Alabama.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah they do, Okay, they do.
Speaker 5: That's where that story was going, speedy, not any other week your direction.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us where you come from? Do you come from the place of the cowboys and the Indians? I'm from Alabama. I sweet Home Alabama. Yeah, no, you're right, I've seen it. It was same to me in Nikoa.
Speaker 6: Really wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that one stuck. I didn't know you've been when they wrote that. They didn't realize No, how.
Speaker 5: Old were you at I've been. I've been twice actually, So you're bragging like coll of age and then.
Speaker 2: A little bit post college age. Two mission trips. Okay, right, the so fun of that? Well, you know what, let's be honest, give us some time. We will sure. I was just looking mind, I am, I'm thinking about it. That's the problem with being here. There's nothing you can bring up that your friends here won't make fun of. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I wanted to say something about partying, but you were on a mission trip.
Speaker 2: A lot of drinking in Ireland. Yeah, drink, well, the.
Speaker 5: Guinnis Denis was a fluent like, hey, you look like you're from the Shire.
Speaker 2: He little man, you're taking it away from He said to me, that's not an Ourish accent at all. That was and.
Speaker 7: Can you take us?
Speaker 2: Can you check us to you? Put of gold there?
Speaker 5: It is your fits right in here.
Speaker 4: Let's what you want to You're like the face at the end that.
Speaker 5: Is the secondhand feels like we feel what you feel.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: So what did your dad ask you about this trip today? You were gonna tell us?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Uh, he you know, he's a little concerned. Sure you mom.
Speaker 4: Mom and dad normally they stopped asking about the show and some of the details because it's just gets so crazy.
Speaker 2: And so I hit the finer points.
Speaker 4: And they love to start their day listening on the river our affiliate Huntsville when when it's not skipping right and and uh and so he'll tell me, he will tell me issues.
Speaker 2: Let me make one thing, m something I'm perfectly clear on. And I understand because you people in Huntsville, there's a lot of passion for this show. Like I said, we just had some ratings come out again just recently, the show number one of it and so that's exciting, but it also when it comes passion. And one thing that I'm crystal clear on is a one hundred point three skips and there's something wrong with it. Yes, we've been updated daily daily, what's this that's okay? Look that you we should be has to be frustrating on your in and we apologize, but we're just sitting there waiting it out, just like y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, engineers are are working on it, but so we're you know, going back and forth a little bit, you know, on some different things. He said, Hey, son, how far is Dublin from Jessup, Georgia?
Speaker 2: No, boy, And uh, it's like, well, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: He said, well, you know that's where you know, looking back at the Wilburn family tree, he said, that's where the Wilburn's migrated for you know, decades and decades and decades ago.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And he's and and I'd be kind of cool if you could.
Speaker 2: Swing through there.
Speaker 4: You can take it is south of Savannah, in between Savannah and Jacksonville, way on down. I don't think it's gonna make no, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Don't you think you should just go anyway before you come back you just kind of run that way. Go take a picture of the Jessup city limits sign for your dad. Right, it is kind of cool looking.
Speaker 4: I mean it is, it is, you know, it look good, looks looks like a good little bit away.
Speaker 2: But and I realized that Dublin is a good bit of way.
Speaker 4: It's it's if you're trying to visualize where it might be, it's really southeast of Making, Georgia.
Speaker 2: It is ton down there. I've been through there one time.
Speaker 7: You can't remember.
Speaker 2: It's on my way to Savannah or on my way to Black Cheer, I don't remember. I see, I thought I had been there. But of course I realized that you'll heard me on the air that I thought I was That was Douglas, Georgia. Yeah, been there too.
Speaker 6: That's a long way in different places.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 2: The whole time I thought i'd been where you're going. And I was even talking about, yeah, I've been there before. You remember I ended up in Douglas, Georgia to get Chloe the dog. Oh yeah, I thought least I said Douglas b which is not far. That's easy. It was Douglas is a long way hours or so. Oh. Greg drove down there, got a dog and drove back.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 6: Doug.
Speaker 5: Douglas is an hour and a half south of Dublin.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, Greg, that's where that's where Chloe was from. Yes, wow. There's a lot of Chiahas between there and my house.
Speaker 5: How is this the closest to.
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 2: Someone with the off of off of Texas Nation they said, do you think? They said, because of red Stone Arsenal. There's all kinds of weird things that happened in Huntsville, So there's there's no doubt.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: I was going to say that the person saying, if you took a picture in JESSEP, your dad can't see it. Well, he could see it, he would just I mean if he could get it, but he could get here, but somebody could explain it to who he could probably what did you know? I mean he could he could see it that way?
Speaker 4: And then mom does She does such a great job of explaining you know, things and and and all.
Speaker 6: That she's worth a thousand words.
Speaker 2: It is, it is, it is. Why don't you why don't you go to jessp for your dead? Just just going down before you come back. I mean, you're over there, I'm over there. I mean, why not. You know it had what maybe an hour and a half to later you get, Yeah, it looks like about that. I mean you have to go back, you know what, It's possible that's even though that's an hour and a half, that's still the general area. It's possible that you may be kin to to Larry maybe, so who knows, who knows?
Speaker 4: I went back, I went back and play and stayed Daniel boone uh trying to one. I get those suit mixed up. They're the same person, but they're not. They're closed, but they're not, they're not. I went back and and played the TV uh uh package that that they did on Larry and Carolyn from twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: I found it online breaking down film. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I played it for JC because he just still couldn't understand where I was going.
Speaker 2: And he understands.
Speaker 4: He does, he does, he's not, he said, he said, that'said.
Speaker 2: It looks like a sweet couple. What they win?
Speaker 4: I said, they didn't, Well, they won a trip of me kind to see them.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Do you think they did get two shirts they got they have the rick Berger shirts in the mail, so they're excited about that.
Speaker 2: Good two mediums, uh and uh.
Speaker 4: And I've got some other things I'm bringing them, uh that we've collected here at the studio.
Speaker 2: I tell you what something special that I want. I got a little issue with this. I think I might. I don't know if we need to talk about it our surprise them. I don't know. I kind of have an issue with it, do you? Yeah? I think those should be for us. Are they not already been in them? Have you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm going to get in them too before they're gone. Here it is, I'm taking protein balls to to well, I just leave me a couple, right, she didn't a batch. But I thought those were for us. I thought they were for the office. Well, you missed the part when I said, hey, guys, I'm putting these in the fridge.
Speaker 2: They're they're for Larry and Carolyn. Greg missed it because he's a he's already down to.
Speaker 6: We miss that part of.
Speaker 2: It, right right.
Speaker 4: Well, there, they're in a little bad they they're in a little deal. And and I'll take these kids. Just leave me about three or four. I want to see when he bites into that protein ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Daniel Boone was born in seventeen thirty four. David Crockett seventeen eighty six. They're different, They're different people.
Speaker 2: Daniel Boone, Daniel Boone knows that great. I knew it was one of them. He's been talking about it for years now. The any APPREHENSI confirment. But yeah, any apprehension at all, you're you're you're sitting down tonight this outstanding, delicious smelling meal. Oh it's gonna be so ro Any apprehension at all when you're when your fork goes through that no the first time and you're bringing it to your mouth. They're the sweetest little couple.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure Carolyn is a great cook. I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I can't wait, and I'm gonna sit down hopefully. Larry had been smoking too many black and Miles in the house. I don't know when it hit me because and we talked about this.
Speaker 2: I want you smoking a black you know.
Speaker 4: Back when in the DJ days, whatever, smoke, secondhand smoke never bothered man. And I'd be in places and clubs gona bother I got to a certain point where it just really started bothering. I can be at a red light if somebody's got the window down, I smell the smile.
Speaker 2: What happened to us because I said, we grew up in a home where people smoked. In the world smoked. Then everybody's office airplane. Yeah, but yeah, it didn't matter. We played bars. You didn't even need a fog machine.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were so many people smoking, right. Yes, I can remember on a bigger scale, going to like the bj CC to save Van Halen. There would be a cloud hanging over the crowd. It had formed in the top of the auditorium. You think you would think we'd be hardened to smoke. Yeah, but now we're super well is it? Is it back to acclamation again. Yes, we're not acclimated to it. I guess so. I don't know. We just breathed so many so much in. We're done breathing it in.
Speaker 5: I remember being a kid there's a smoking section of a restaurant and it's not in like a closed door, it's just over there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there there was no smoking section. The whole restaurant was smoking when we were Yeah, they didn't even write him up. We were kidding about the second.
Speaker 4: Larry only smoked two black a mile today, though, So I think I'm okay.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show Strange and Cutters, the new podcast from Rick Birches. Get it now wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Five episodes are out there now we will do another one this week. It'll come out this weekend, Lord Willing, so grab that if you haven't already, wherever you get podcasts. Okay, So I do want to point you to US tax Shield. If you're out there today in the old Rick Burgess show land and you got an issue with the r S. I know this is ugly. It hangs over you like a cloud. Why don't you resolve this once and for all? And we have been talking about you know, you need to make sure that you have somebody that knows what's going on. You don't want to contact the RS yourself. It is our country's largest collection agency. Now. US tax Shield has been rated a plus by the Better Business Bureau and their lawyers and they're strategists. They can put together a plan. You know, there's a fresh start program that the RS is made available. They know how to kind of you know, maneuver through that. Also, don't forget if it's ten thousand dollars you owe in back taxes or more in anything ten thousand or more. They can help you, so you can find their link at rickburgesshow dot com. Under sponsors. You can call them directly one eight hundred seven sixty nine seven three four zero and let them help you. There's no obligation, but they'll they'll give you an idea what they can do. And look, the government believe it or not. Believe it or not. The government wants to resolve this as much as you do. But you need to be wise how you go about it. So put them to work for you today, US tax shield. Aaron Rodgers, we've been talking and getting ready, you know, for speedish trip and so he leaves out today and we've talked about that a good bit and we can revisit that, you know, on phone segments and Hayburg and stuff like that later. But we were discussing how weird society is now and we do believe that social media has a lot to do with that. So Aaron Rodgers, I mean, let's face it, he's an oddwood himself. Yeah, yeah, but I have to kind of agree with him on this, and we've experienced it even here. This how human beings that don't even know you now demand to know about your private life and demand information from you that you don't have to give them, right, But it's almost like they feel entitled to it. And he said, it's really turned into a sick society. He said, you know, I've lived in the public eye for twenty years and I've had public relationships and it didn't work out too good. So he said, I've had people leaking my home information I'm in touch with that, making up stories about houses that you know, I bought together with this person, people calling Papa Rozzi, have people posting, you know, things about my personal life on the internet.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: And he said, and I didn't really want any of that. And he said, I do have a right to a private life, and I certainly know when I'm in the public eye. Uh, but I really just wanted to play football. I wasn't trying to be a celebrity. And there are things in my private life that I want to be private. And what and what he said in what seems to be so odd about this? If you have that very sensible point of view, people think you're weird. Not it's weird that people who don't know you demand to know about your private life, demand information from you. Will post your personal stuff. They're not weird. It's it's the person who says, I don't really want that done, that's the weird. And he makes a great point, and he said, what I don't understand what's happened to common decency about secure and personal life that now the public demands to dive into the details of where you live, what you're doing, who you're doing it with, do you have a wife, who is your wife? You know, it's I don't understand it. And he said, social media, Uh, and now has gotten people you know, they're anonymous. They don't have to give you their name, They hide behind you know, all this, and they can say anything about you, they can demand, they can post, and they don't have to face you. And that has led to a very cowardly, sick society. And I can't imagine at his level, but just a little bit that we experience it. It is And and I love all the wonderful people that we get to associate with, all of you make it worthwhile. But this, this anonymous social platform world we live in now has really provided a stage for the cowardly.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, And just a direct example of this being a problem, several NFL players, y'all remember their homes were burglarized during games while they.
Speaker 2: Were playing away yere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelcey, Joe Burrow. I believe Russell Wilson, and that's that is terrifying. That is your home, that is your sanctuary. So I mean, I respect it, and I understand why they want more privacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that doesn't mean you know, when people say things like, well we pay big money for these tickets. No, no, no, that means that they ought to go and play well. And when they're on the public platform, that means that we should on our public platform, we should do our job well to say thank you to all of you that support what we do. But everybody has a right to have their life, you know, feature private moments, and your home is your sanctuary and your family and and and it's just amazing how people can't seem to comprehend that basic truth. It's very basic. You know. Uh, everybody should have a right to their own private life, even people who do jobs that are in the public arena. Now, when you're in the public arena, you are to do your job well and be appreciative of all the people that allow you to do that. That's different. And people have a right to you know, to uh to expect that they're they're getting entertained or you know, you're giving it all you can. I totally agree with that. But but no one has the right to anyone's private life, no one Aaron has had.
Speaker 4: I guess certain situations pop up where he seems a little strange, but this one he has right this.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, if he does things that's weird publicly, it's okay to say that's weird. That's not what he's talking about. The truth he's talking about is this sick society that will make things up about you, post personal things about you, come after you, make up stuff that's not even true, and demand that you give them some sort of information they don't have the right to and then if you don't do that, you're the one that's cast in a bad light, not them. And that's weird. Yeah it is, and I mean much smaller scale. I have had people actually freak out because they were coming after me and I just said, why don't we talk person to person? And oh, by the way, your phone number was on the text nation, so I now have it so why don't we just have a conversation And then they freak out like I'm the weird one coming after them, and I'm like, well, that's just okay. So you just get to remain anonymous and say anything you want to. But if I say, well, why don't we just talk a person of person, now I'm the weird Yeah. Strange, what a weirdo. Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Welcome to a brand new hour of The Rick Burchase Show with Speedy, Greg Burchesse, Eddie Van Adler and Rick Burchase.
Speaker 2: Let's go, America. It's time for a brand new hour. Thank you for being with us. If you missed the first hour, you know we're getting Speedy ready to go. He heads to Dublin, Georgia today, uh, and tomorrow he'll be live from the Patch House with Larry and Carolyn, so don't miss that on tomorrow's program. Andy Andrew's coming up later today with Be True or BS your chance to get a shot at the wheel again today uh and then of course Wednesday Bible Study coming up later today to noon Central one o'clo like Eastern on the Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel. The archive will be available soon after, so kind of sets the stage for you today. If you miss what we've already covered, catch it on our podcast archives every day or our YouTube archives, and you can follow those to be sure you get a notification when those archives are ready. You Okay, over there doing good? God, buddy, let's just sit on that for a minute. Yeah, let's just you know, we've got a lot going on. Sure, So I'm really looking forward to Andy being here today.
Speaker 4: You know, I always I always feel smarter after he leaves Trump.
Speaker 2: Trump UPDWN, I always feel so. So anyway, Yeah, Andy, thank you for having me on your podcast yesterday too. Yeah, that was a good thing. You can listen to that to today when you're catching up.
Speaker 4: On Yeah, I've got a lot of lot of a lot of time in the truck.
Speaker 2: So Trump has h has landed in the Netherlands. Uh. He is supposed to speak at the NATO summit. UH a mid warning and warming relations with Alliance leaders. Now, when we finally worked out all this ceasefire yesterday, it seems like by the time of the day was over. I mean to the point that even now again I haven't I haven't heard any update today, but I know that I heard yesterday we got to the point that everybody was like, okay, sorry about that last missile. Hey, well, let's let's tone the response. Everybody, everybody, everybody, everybody up that it settled so much that even the airports in Israel started operating again yesterday. Yeah, okay, so that so that's good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Trump was actually overnight he spoke more to the media than they thought he would, and he said that he was praising Israel because he said Net and Yahoo called his fighters back for the response to uh that Iran did when they, you know, broke the cease fire. He called them back and they didn't retaliate. So the ceasefire is still in place right now. And he was praising Israel for their their patients and and everything on calling them back.
Speaker 2: I got real confused because it kept getting information, you know, because at one time it was being presented as if what Iran or whoever fired that missile, that it was harmless. But it did kill four people. I mean that that was done.
Speaker 4: The one that killed the family of hit the bunker. That was before just before the cease fire. That that the other that they intercepted was after the ceasefire.
Speaker 2: All right, let me see if I have this right. Fire, terrible terrible stories that was That was the one when he thought the Netahu said he was going to retaliate from the rogue missile. Right, let me stay with it.
Speaker 5: Well, they both they both messed up. And so Trump was actually cussing at Israel and Iron.
Speaker 2: No, I got that. Yeah, he's talking about the family. Let me let me see if I can get the timeline right, because this got very confused. Yesterday. Yeah, there was an unfortunate, horrible thing that a missile from a run hit a family that was in a bunker. But it hit it directly, hit their debunker directly, right, so it killed them. That was before the season, just before, just before then after the ceasefire. Rogue missile that does nothing, It didn't damage anything. It might have damage it, but it didn't. Right, they intercepted it. So Israel retaliated over the one that killed the family right before the ceasefire in a big way. Then ceasefire rogue missile. Israel was going to retaliate again. Fighters in the air going back and they came back and they do I have it right? Yes? And because yesterday I got.
Speaker 4: Real confusing, and when fighter, when Israel was responding, that's when the F bomb was dropped, because Trump was like, hey, and then net and Yahoo pulled that, pulled back the fighters and and everything, and and then Trump, even with the NATO leaders, there was even a couple that were praising him and what he's done and and how the ceasefire is still in play, and and he's never you've never heard that, especially in the in his first administration. You've never heard the foreign leaders praise him the way you're you're hearing now at this NATO something.
Speaker 5: And Israel got a little squirrely, I think with this the timing of the ceasefire and kind of trying to bend some rules in which like you know, the missiles were launched before the ceasefire was supposed to start, but they landed after, but we launched him before, that kind of thing, so that when you're trying to negotiate peace and that kind of squirreliness is going on, it's gonna trump.
Speaker 6: That's gonna mess things up.
Speaker 5: And Trump was, yeah, Trump was upset about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, And I realized all of you out there are obsessed with this new baby thing where you make baby versions of Yeah, pretty funny, a baby version dropping an F bomb. There's just something wrong with us. And somebody's already done that. Let's not have baby, Let's not have baby baby doing that. But yeah, I mean it's bad enough when they made the one that looks like Amy be cross side. Have you seen that one? It's like everything goes back to the thousand pounds. But they made the baby, Well, Greg, I thought you would applaud that. Frankly, Well, the baby thing's weird. It is, I would say, a baby, Larry and car here's something interesting, you know what it is? Yeah, that's not right now, Now that's not right. We we we've had Democrats that wanted to impeach Trump for this brilliant military move that was beautifully executed, that showed the strength of our military, how showed our prowess and put the world on alert. And only can these crazy progressive democrats their first reaction is he must be impeached. Well, one hundred and twenty eight Democrats are joining the House GOP and they're going to block the progressives bid to impeach Trump. See, these are democrats. For some of you out there that may be Democrats who enjoy the show and thank you for that. See these one hundred and twenty eight realize you'a are never going to win an election again if you keep letting these progressives run the party. And right now everybody, even the world, is applauding what has taken place. This is not the time for you to say I'm angry and pitch a fit and go on the view and claim you're going to impeach Trump. It's just horrible pr for your party. Terrible. And so I have to say that the one hundred and twenty eight Democrats that are joining the GOP to block this, which is shocking bid for impeachment. But those one hundred and twenty eight are wise. Yeah, Yeah, they realize that the voices that are running your party right now. Now it's good with me because I don't want y'all to have power anyway. So but I'm not for you kind of disrupting something like this though that needs to be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But again, so I was actually glad to see that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And speaking of the far left, AOC and others have come out supporting this Democratic mayoral candidate for New York City.
Speaker 2: They had their.
Speaker 4: Primary last last night or yesterday, Yes, and and what is going on? I mean New York you thought it was bad now, I mean what this guy that that that was running, he's he's you know, anti Israel, anti Semitic, the far far, far left views. What he has said he's gonna do will wreck that city more than it ever has. And they still voted him to be the Democratic nominee, which you know, a lot say that's going to lead to him being the mayor. But you still have Eric Adams being an independent, and they say there's a great Republican candidate that's that's going to run. But it's just in Cuomo. I think he lost out. So he's going to run as an independent too. But I just it's it's just it's bizarre. I mean, what are they doing.
Speaker 5: Well, he may not Cuomo. Maybe Cuomo may not.
Speaker 4: Well last night I just heard that he was probably going to as an independent.
Speaker 2: Oday he's thinking about stepping down out of it. Yeah, okay, but I don't know what he'll do. But the bottom line is, you remember he can see it last night as a Democrat.
Speaker 5: It's crazy he lost. Yeah, he did so badly to this mom Dommy, Donnie, guys, some of the stuff I've heard this guy communist, bad lines, breadlines are coming back to New York City?
Speaker 2: What is That's what I'm talking about? What was the cat's name? That was the Marxist that they that they put in power, And he just took everything that Giuliani had done that cleaned up New York City and made it a place you really wanted to go to Blasio de Blasio and just ranted in the ground. And so don't New Yorkers remember how bad that was. I don't get it. It's like, let's do it again, but let's also added it as a radical Islamic view in there, just for just for kicks. Have y'all not seen what this has done to London? Have you not seen what this has done to Europe? And that's what's going to do to New York City? Yeah, I mean y'all got to be more than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's bizarre to see some of these rallies he's been at and those that are attending and that's what.
Speaker 7: You voted in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just wow.
Speaker 5: I don't see how Western societies think that Islam works for them at all. It doesn't fit into the Western society's framework. It just doesn't.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry unless you've been told that all this freedom is something to be ashamed of, not proud of. Ah my goodness, we'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like eating lunch at the cool Table. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us today, America, as we work through another one together, and we're grateful that you're here still to come be true or bs with Andy Andrews. You think you can go ahead to head with Andy and get a shot at the will today? Could happen? Pay attention to that. Also be following Speedy today on Instagram. He'll begin to document his trip to Dublin, Georgia today to see the patch Man. Oh the Patchman and Carolyn and Speedy will spend the night in the House of Patches so and we will hear from him tomorrow live on the program. I saw this on Texa Nation today. Hey birds, when are they going to When are they going to draw this ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip to Willow Oak Lodge. I don't know. I don't know the exact day they're drawing that, but I know it's still available. So if you're wanting to get your name in from Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association and go road tripping to beautiful North Alabama. Or maybe you'll win it. You already live in Alabama, but if not, any anyone could win it. It's from Alabama road Trips dot Org. Go there Alabama Roadtrips dot Org. The winner will go to beautiful Willow Oak Lodge two days free range hunt. They manage thousands of acres. It is a free range hunt. It is managed well, so you do have a shot at the buck of a lifetime. Willow Oak is located atop Spruce Pine Mountain, gorgeous area of North Alabama. You would love it. Your meals are included. Yes, your lodging is included. So you do need to get all the license that you need to hunt in Alabama and follow the Alabama rules involving fish and game. So go to Alabama Roadtrips dot Org. You cannot transfer this to somebody else and you need to take the hunt within the calendar year of the win. There's also two other options for you. Rick burgesshow dot com under a contest or under sponsors Rick.
Speaker 4: The contest ends June twenty six, which is tomorrow. The winner will be selected Friday, June twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, so this Friday is the well you announced the winter. Yeah, that's what it. Yeah, I just put it up. Wow terrified. Uh now, you know, we were just discussing a moment ago, this heat wave that's going across the country. It is, it's it's as we have said on the show yesterday or actually Monday, we were saying this, this must be what it's like to be rolls when you're put in the oven. This is how bread feels. Me meant, it is so very very hot out there, but not unpresced, but not unpressed it right now, but it is blazing hot. I mean it's a kind of hot. It's that hot that makes you mad, you know what it is. It's it's the first hot.
Speaker 4: I mean we've kind of we've played the hot, but it's always the first one. It takes a little bit of adjustment.
Speaker 2: It's been not horrible up to this, right. Yeah. Well I got a little bit of the disappointment minute ago, and this is what I call and it's very you know, I don't I don't know, Well I guess I do. I guess it's intriguing. I always look at it. But a seven to ten day forecast is just a waste of your time. It's a complete waste of your time. So I've watched the temperatures actually start easing back up for Friday and Saturday. At one point I was seeing that the like today and if you're listening to the show live or watching it live, it is Wednesday for us. And this was supposed to be maximum hot again today. But then Thursday, Friday, Saturday cool down. And I thought it was going to cool down in the eighties. I just looked at the latest and they're keeping it in the nineties loading, and there's that New Yorker here. Well it's here. Now I got to go look at New York because I wonder if there's having going up too, Because at one point I was like, Okay, if I can just get to Friday, everything's going to cool off a little bit. But now they're there, it's gonna be cooler, but it's not as cool as I thought it was gonna be. Yeah, you're your time, guys, summer time. I know it's summer. You don't have to say that I ever made this statement, like after it was over going. You know what we had a mild summer. I've been alive fifty eight years. I've never heard that, not where we live. I'm too hot.
Speaker 5: It wasn't too hot this summer. I believe I never said that.
Speaker 4: Now all I can think about is Larry and Carolyn's house is hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, so New York right now, it's still holding saying they're gonna cool off Friday. Oh so I wish they're cool off. What is that? I've got high today in New York City ninety nine time high Friday seventy one. Ooh, what a nice big You're gonna love that. It seems lofty. Yeah, then back to eighty four on Saturday. So maybe it's I know, there's a chance to make it a little rain or whatever. Hope they won't interfere with these flights or anything like that. Just normal rain. So we'll see. But it's here. We were supposed to get in Sweet Home, Alabama and the Deep South. We were supposed to get eighty two, eighty three Friday. Now they got it at ninety one. Come on. The only good thing about it is when you meet people that you know but you don't know well, and you got awkward conversation at least you can talk about how hot it is. Yeah, I did it yesterday. You know them, but you don't know them well enough to really have a deep conversation. But they're standing there longer than they need to go there? How about this heat? Who turned the oven on? But the it's official. By the way, guys, you know, we kid around, you ever kid around about things, and all of a sudden you realize, wait, man, you know what, there's a lot of truth in what we're saying. It's just not true. It's not just tongue in cheek. So I was at Mom's house Sunday for hours, and I asked her more than once, as did my wife, do you need us to take you to the grocery store while we're here? No? No, no, no, I'm fine, I'm fine and I'm good. Well, she's called Greg and asked Greg to take her to the grocery. She prefers, Greg, no on the grocery store. Well, that's we planned it ahead of time. I didn't just show up and say you want to go to the store. I know, but did she not? I'm just saying she might not because I've never done that. Just Geud knocked on the door and said, hey, you want to go? No, no, No. What I'm saying is I let her know. I think that I think that she. I think she prefers it for you to take her. She's made that pretty clear. She lets Greg lets her shop. Is why correct? You're trying to rush her through? Put things in the buck noq ponds blue blue. The last time I didn't run. I tried. Oh that bogo that section when you come in the door going around, not your grocery run Rick, I hear on some water in it yesterday. Oh really, Oh yeah, thank for the bogo.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: I just think that there's you know that right now. It is so obvious, and Mom's not even hiding yet that Greg.
Speaker 1: Is her favorite.
Speaker 2: There it is. I just have to do that way for you. I have to live with that. She no, how about this, I'll go this far. He's preferred when it comes to the store. I think, well, because again he just lets her be her.
Speaker 6: He doesn't rush her.
Speaker 5: It's nothing about making good time. It's about quality time.
Speaker 2: Right, And I go, hey, I know you probably need to go a store this week. Let's be thinking what day you want? Well, so you're saying I kind of came in and she had a plan and she won't to alter it or she didn't. Did she have a plan Sunday? No, but she didn't. But you didn't. You didn't give her a prior plan before. Yeah, that day you're saying.
Speaker 5: You're planning prevent second place.
Speaker 2: She was. She was she was receiving Uh, she was receiving company. She knew we were coming, so she you know, she was dressed for We could have just got them gone. I'm just telling okay, mindset things.
Speaker 8: Wait.
Speaker 4: Rick, when he calls her every day, you know, he talks to her about different things, and I think he said, pick a day that you want to go. Yeah, and he didn't rush her into let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: I don't do that that we're here. Let's go now, let's go, trap over.
Speaker 5: The guard faster self check out.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Don't forget the Wednesday Bible Study today at noon Central Time on The Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want to catch it live, you can New Central one o'clock Eastern. We're in Joe nineteen today as we're walking verse by verse, word for word through the Book of Joe. Thank you for all of you that are with us every week on that, and if you'd like to be part of it, you certainly can't. All Right, some other things that are out today that we kind of need to look at. Have you seen this? What would it take all let's say, at our age where we are now. Adlers are probably the one that's still the most open to this, but I think it's probably waning some too, as he's approaching forty, which, by the way, I can't wait for that. So what would it take right now? No grandkids, No, no grandkid wants you to take them, nothing like that. Yeah, you you have. You have to say. Nobody's pressuring you any shot that you would go to an outdoor giant music festival at this stage of life.
Speaker 5: No, not general pop. I'm not general, not general population during.
Speaker 2: During the day, not anything. No, I'm telling you you got to get out there. Monsters of Rock has come back. Yeah, yeah, it's come back, And that's probably what would intrigue you the most. I just can't. I can't do it. No, but I do good to go to an indoor one. I mean, it's just right. Yeah, there's just something about them. I didn't miss one. Anybody not even kind of like I was something about.
Speaker 4: It rock the South. One of my boys attended that. Oh my, and the heat, the mud, the.
Speaker 2: Rain, is that fun? I don't.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's all about I mean, I think it's concerts for the youth, to be honest with you, as a certain age, where I think some of us go okay, and that's it, you know, to Adler's point, maybe not. I'm I'm out on a cow pasture and I'm standing in the mud and I'm screaming, I'm going crazy, versus Okay, I've got a little upgrade ticket over here to the side, maybe vi P I've paid for I'm under a tent, I'm in the shade.
Speaker 5: You know, I got spoiled. I got spoiled going to uh these festivals with a press pass, and that's not even near as good as some of these other you know, VI P and everything. But just being able to use some of the back hallways to get around the crowd, to get from one side of the festival to the other, that alone makes it. I can't do I can't do general population anymore because then you're in these crowds and you're stuck, and I start.
Speaker 2: Panicking a little bit. I don't really get the stadium concerts anyway, because I mean some paper are so far were you're just watching the screen the whole time, Yeah, and see nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had access to talking about race to the VIP tent, which helped it Rock the South. You know you had Hank Williams Junior the first night Kid rocked. These are the headliners nickelback in this night and he said that helped a lot, he said, but for for Hank Williams Junior, they wanted to get out and get close as they could, and he got pretty close. But he said, it's it's a battle, was Hank. He said, he said he did really good. He said, he said he seen he he did a great set. He said he didn't go as long as he wanted because he gave it all.
Speaker 2: Uh and told.
Speaker 4: Everybody alright, I'm done, you know, but he said it. But what when when he was doing what he did, he said he was good old Hank.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know Junior Senior's dead. Rick don't need worry. The people that's seen Hank Junior plenty of times, they say, when you know he's going off the rails, when he takes his shirt off and like plays the drums, and that's that's a hill from there, it goes downhill from there.
Speaker 5: He's seventy six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I noticed too. That's like he's rocking some sort of wig. Now somebody had their picture made with him backstage, and like he's got a wig years ago by somebody then knows him and he I think he's had a wig for a long Oh really.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, Reese did say a pretty cool moment though at Rock the South was I think it was maybe Kid Rock was on the stage.
Speaker 2: About about the time.
Speaker 4: If I have it right, I might have it a little bit wrong, So I apologize because he was telling me is about the time the news came out of our attack to our own Iran in the nuclear facilities. He said he didn't know how many people there were, so many people as far as you could see, all started chating USA. And he said that was a pretty pretty cool moment. I'm at the point now, Adler, and you hit on it. It would it would really require this, Hey, birds, you want to go over and check out such and such act for a few minutes? Yes, uh huh, And I would say, and are we y'all helicopter me in backstage. I will walk up to the side of the stage where the sounds never as good as you want, and I'll watch a few songs, and you'all take me to the helicopter and take me back.
Speaker 8: That that.
Speaker 2: Would be. I'm not even the least bit interested if there's no helicopter. I mean I have to be. I can't, Like I said, the mob of it all just uh so, uh yeah, you're right. It just it just feels like I just remember we were young, and Greg. I think about that time, the many times that we were we were up for anything, and what we would sleep in our cars. Yeah, yeah, we're sleeping on a creek bank, you know, that kind of thing. I just don't have that anymore, the discomfort it requires. I'm not willing to be that. Yeah, I don't want to be that uncomfortable anymore. I don't want to. I don't even look. I can't even tolerate at the farm when Sherry builds a fire, I can't smell like smoke very long. You know, there was a time to smell like smoke for days because you'd be around from a fire and you know, you just lay down and sleeping back to somebody's truck. You know that I just can't do that. You know I just never bothered me. Then no, I can't do it.
Speaker 5: Just the lack of sleep alone would ruin my next day so bad. I know I'd be just thinking about that the whole day.
Speaker 2: So I think I think those things are for the young. I do because the young are more willing to tolerate being miserable than the old. Oh I could sleep in a car in the old days, not even because I can barely sleep in a bit. You want know why?
Speaker 4: Because the good point they don't think about those elements. They are there to have fun and hang out and enjoy the entertainment, not worry about, you know, the amenities and different things, even though those things are nice. But as you get older, I think those things become one ruined.
Speaker 2: It is when like when the show got popular, even before I was on it, we had access to ball games and concerts, to v I P stuff, And that'll ruin you. You can never get, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Once you know about it, you can't go back.
Speaker 5: I'm never gonna fly first class ever in my life, because I'd like to fly again.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Oh well, you know what ruined me when Delta kindly after they hasshold, they upgraded me to Delta one. Just run my entire life? You think I was just exists. I was disappointed we'd arrived in London. I was like, are we there already? This is great? I think I just could this be my vacation? Could I just ride in Delta one?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: But and now I realized that Delta one is I could never fly internationally again and and and be anything less than Delta one. But I was fine until I I mean I was, you know, I've done middle seat to Ethiopia. But now I'm now I know about de Delta one. How much more is first class than? So much more? Is it? Well, I mean unless you're the people who do well with it are the people who travel a lot because they've built up miles, so they'll get upgraded, or they'll pay just a little bit to be upgraded. So that's that's not as bad. But if you just go up and say I know nothing, I just like to have a first class seat versus something else, it's it's like twice the normal rate. I mean close.
Speaker 5: Just generally speaking, you're talking a grand more.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, at least a ticket.
Speaker 6: A grand per ticket per upgrade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Sadly, when when j C flew for the first time, when we saw the Dallas went to see the Dallas Stars.
Speaker 2: He's so tall at six four or whatever.
Speaker 4: He in the normal seating, his knees were at a horrif and on the way there just one row back, one run row up, I should say he had there was extra leg room, and it made all the difference in the world.
Speaker 2: Well, if if I'm in, if I'm coaching it, and sometimes you have to just to get to where you're going, I'm going, I'm going to that exit seat. I'm gonna look for it. I'm gonna try so hard to get it. Yeah, you know, because plus everybody can depend on me. I'll get us out.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 2: But the other thing is I gotta have it. That that leg room right there is crucial.
Speaker 5: Yes, And you know when Rick's on the exit row, he makes a big deal of it.
Speaker 6: Like onto the whole planet.
Speaker 5: Hey, everybody got you on it, everybody, I'm listening to the lady talk. I'm now I'm here. Everybody, don't worry.
Speaker 2: So you don't like to make people feel secure. I did.
Speaker 5: That's just not necessary, Rick, I know that's what you do. You know it's not necessarily.
Speaker 2: I had older lady one day going, thank you young man.
Speaker 4: Okay, we see what they don't understand about as you're gonna be the first one out because you say you need to survive to help others.
Speaker 2: How can I help others if I don't get out of the planet. Can put it this way, If I was on the India flight, I'm the sole survivor.
Speaker 4: About that allow, some prices are being texted about sent in about first class, so there's no way.
Speaker 6: So the horrible So when the stewards that's.
Speaker 2: My first class. Delta one is another level what he's showing you for Delta one. A normal first class seat would not cost that much. That's Delta one, Okay.
Speaker 6: Delta one's another step.
Speaker 2: Delta one. You don't have anybody sitting with you. You're in your own little capsule. And and I mean the minute you sit down that somebody's right there saying, and you man, you got you got a you couldn't believe it. You got cloth napkin, you got real silverware. You've got a menu like a restaurant. You've got your own TV.
Speaker 6: My goodness, what are you an oil bearing?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 2: You got to you remember we made that fuss on the air. And remember that guy I got on the plane. He goes, no, turn left, don't turn right. And I was like, what's what's that? He goes, that's Delta one. And I looked in there and I was like, what Delta one? Delta one? But when the when this I love you delta one?
Speaker 5: When the flight of tenant says make sure that you secure your mask before getting the kids, You're like, yeah, that's right, that's what I'm gonna do me first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, and they tell me first, And why do they tell you to put on your ochken mask first?
Speaker 6: You can help?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Yeah? I have nothing else.
Speaker 6: It turns out you're right.
Speaker 4: If you've passed that, you can't help you so and speaking of travel, uh is where're just kind of running all over the place?
Speaker 13: Rick.
Speaker 5: If you're the soul survivor.
Speaker 6: You haven't helped anybody anyway. Okay, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Benefit to the world, my wife, I've helped my children, I've.
Speaker 6: Helped the show in this scenario, Yeah, okay, I get.
Speaker 2: It, okay, I am helping others.
Speaker 4: JC announced to the family that he wants to go to Japan and visit Japan just come from.
Speaker 2: Him and some him and some.
Speaker 4: Bodies and and so they started looking in into it, and I'm like, son, I think this is over our heads, you know, and let's go back because I need somebody like, you know, because these different travel agencies, you know, they specialize.
Speaker 2: Some are like really good at cruises. Somebody going down the.
Speaker 4: Creek Japan when I need somebody that like knows what the heck's going on.
Speaker 5: Would be cool to go.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show Men Don't Run in the Raid, the new book by the Birches of Now wherever you get books.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much all the feedback I'm getting on the book and we're getting on the book. Man's really really enjoying that. Also, thank you Andy Andrews for talking about it on The Noticer the podcast yesterday if you get if you go to Andy's podcast, The Noticer had a great opportunity to hang out with Andy and sharing I went down for that. We'll talk about that with Andy coming up a little bit later on because it is another Andy Andrews be truer b yesterday coming up here in just a few all right, before we get to Japan. So here's someone here travels all the time, Okay, all the time, and I mean they travel a lot. So let's say that you were going from Birmingham to Los Angeles. Okay, basic coach five hundred and sixty six dollars a ticket. Okay, first class nineteen hundred and eighteen dollars a ticket. Oh good night, So there you go. That kind of gives you an idea the comfort. You know, they have a comfort which is in between usually be somewhere in the middle of that.
Speaker 4: And that's a little bit more leg room, a little bit more leg that's when we had going to Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yep. But I didn't know. But it is more expansion.
Speaker 4: Stupidly, I didn't know this that Like if we just did rows, it's like one through seven is first class and eight through twelve is comfort yep, and are thirteen. So if you're on row fourteen back, you know, we were on row twelve on the way there, which was comfort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we were just one row off on.
Speaker 4: The way by and Buddy, because knees were at his chest, he's so tiny.
Speaker 2: He says, well, it's not called comfort. Yeah, he said, most of the Delta one is situations like you found yourself in Birge. He said, many of those are using status upgrades, mileage, et cetera. Very few people in Delta one pay the freight. They're normally earned their way there somehow, Right, So it's a different game though, Yeah, yeah, it does sound like a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: By the way, I didn't even mention as we were talking about the music festivals terrifying trend. This is out of France, but they're saying it's going on a lot of outdoor music festivals. Have you ever heard of the term of people getting needle attacks where people will come with a syringe and they'll have a drug and they'll just right there in those mobs and they'll hit you with a needle. And yeah, I saw it some concert or something. A bunch of people had said they got stuck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one hundred and forty five people at Francis Music.
Speaker 2: Yes, so how about that. You can't even go to a festival that's somebody needling you.
Speaker 5: Twelve suspects were detained, victims A lot several victims were hospitalized for toxicology screening.
Speaker 2: How about that man can't even go to a conto without getting needled. A weirdos A weird world. So speedy. You mentioned that JC, your middle son, desire to go to Japan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know when you know, you know, when kids are younger Japan, you know, they always go, hey, when I I would love to go, you know, well, there's all destinations around the world that that all of us growing up and be like, hey, it'd be cool to go here, it would be cool to go there. Well, one of j C's best friends has some Japanese heritage deep in the family and family that's that's from there and not really uh and and so the conversation with them has always been, hey, that would be awesome to go visit. I think his friend's parents have done that and and all that, but he hasn't. And so JAC was like, hey, that would always be something that would be really cool to do. And so they've been looking and planning and then he he thought he was talking to us about it, just trying to find the right airline because they're like, Hey, if you go into Japan, it'd be good to fly japan airlines. You know, all this kind of stuff. They know where they want to go, what cities they want to visit? Oh yeah, there, there's that. He's a lot of folks mentioned a bunch a lot of folks there. He's getting ready, he's getting ready for work right now. See okay, he might holler, but uh and so it's getting real now.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like.
Speaker 4: But I and I see he's really about to go. Oh yeah, they want to go this fall, uh at some point, And I would.
Speaker 7: Love to go.
Speaker 6: Have you ever been to any kind of Asian country?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Chinese? Chinese?
Speaker 5: So are you Chinese or Japanese? I've never been to China, never been to Japan. I'd love to check.
Speaker 6: Out one of those places.
Speaker 2: Probably probably Japan. I'd go to Japan too. Do you want to go with Jays and his friend?
Speaker 5: Are they are they allowing stranger strange dudes to come with them?
Speaker 2: Look, Speedy's gonna spend that with some strange people tonight. I think now this is moving.
Speaker 5: You need to find a listener. You need to find a listener in Japan and go spend the night there.
Speaker 2: Go how about that? That would be great? So he said they want to visit Tokyo Osaka.
Speaker 3: I have my.
Speaker 4: Classes on and and and Kyoto Kyoto, Kyote, Kyoto Yo you speak at to Kyoto uh and uh so those are the three that they want to go.
Speaker 2: And and I was just I mean, there's you're going to go to one of those schools where they teach you how to do that onion volcano. They have a slew of things they want to do.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that's even traditional, you know.
Speaker 4: And and his friend's family is helping guide him. I I just realized I have a buddy that goes there, you know, a couple of times and a couple of times a year, a buddy, Yeah, a good friend of mine. Actually I didn't know for I have more than one friend.
Speaker 6: It seems like you have one, like.
Speaker 2: He's been there a number of times for work.
Speaker 4: Uh and and so anyway, it's it's real now. So it's it's now. It's okay. We need to start booking things and start organizing things. And they know what they want to do. But part of me just, you know, like how maybe some we to go to the audience because they never disappoint and maybe get you in touch with a professional that could you know, you just want to make sure you're you're staying at the right place.
Speaker 2: I know a travel agents and agency that's really really good, but they've never we've never gone to Japan. I understand Japan. Is is it like you said a minute ago. Certain travel agencies specialize in certain Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you're going down the Caribbean or you're doing a cruise or whatever, they specialize in that.
Speaker 2: But Japan.
Speaker 4: I don't hear a lot of that about that. But I hear people that go say it's awesome. I can give you zero on Japan. I know nothing.
Speaker 2: But then it's strange, though I have a kid that will say, yes, that is I don't and I mean, I just but but you kind of gave me the connection. At first, I was like, where did this come from?
Speaker 5: So Birmingham including Greater Birmingham has about one point one million, right, Okay, Greater Tokyo has around forty million.
Speaker 6: Hey, so forty forty Birmingham's Wow?
Speaker 2: Good gracious, wow, people paint paint me a Birmingham.
Speaker 6: Haint me and Birmingham.
Speaker 4: They were probably trying to pull Race in. They were trying to pull him in. He goes, I don't think I can get off for that because you know you can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't go stay two days come back.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's that's not three day we no, no, that's not a lot trip. So anyway, holler at me if you you have some some information or maybe that's something you specialize in.
Speaker 5: How about I do you don't know what walking tour videos are? That's just a person on YouTube just walks.
Speaker 6: With a camera and they just go for a walk.
Speaker 5: I've watched actually quite a few of Tokyo.
Speaker 2: Really boy, I got them on that. I can tell you they really call me to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what Yes, this is the rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: America.
Speaker 1: Get ready for more of the rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us as we come to you on a brand new hours. Speedy, Greg Adler, the gang all here today. Speedy will be headed out after the show today he heads to Dublin, Georgia. Have you heard from Larry and Carolyn?
Speaker 4: Not not this not this morning?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 4: We texted into the evening last night, back and forth. He sent me some really good pictures of his their two cats. Okay, all right, and said that he really hopes I like the song Dogs dogs Dogs, you do, like I said, I told him we played that and I said that the artist, uh is a friend on their Facebook page that sings dogs Dogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah.
Speaker 4: And and uh anyway, he said, hey, talk to you tomorrow. And the plan is I just reach out when I'm headed that way, so they have an idea when I'll arrive.
Speaker 2: So also from from the email, Hey bird, this is Chris. Hey, Chris, Hey, anybody, here's something that nobody really thought about on Larry Quest. Okay, what if Speedy gets up to Larry's and he loves it there so much he doesn't want to come back. You got me not coming back. You may get there, you won't stay a month, and it's such a wonderful experience you may not want to come back. Yeah, that's what Chris said. They might have thought about that. Something to think about. And uh, here's the other one that Speedy you mentioned earlier in the program.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's that called when you fall in love with your captors?
Speaker 2: Something something syndrome. Now that he would have to be dot com stop dot Colm syndrome, but then he would have to be no, you like an uncle. Yeah, you're like you do you? You get you love this so much. Of course, the scenario they speak of as someone who's kidnapped, so we need to make that start for their kidnappers, right, and they become a part of the group. And that's what y'all playing out, just saying you might enjoy it so much you don't want to come back. Yep uh. And as we mentioned earlier after this is from from Michael. Michael says, after hearing yesterday's suggestion to have a regular segment where Speedy spends the night with a listener, I'm pleased to make our guest bedroom available at our home in Forest, Virginia, uh, just the west side of Lynchburg. I don't have any patches or challenge coins, collections or anything like that, but I do have a collection of stories from mine in Speedy's time at ninety two j during the early nineties. Who is that back when he was just Calvin and we both had hair. There is no smoking in the house, but you're welcome to use our back deck anxiously anticipating your arrival. And this is from Shane Michael. Shane, oh really remember, I do remember that he's now at Liberty University. Apparently awesome's buddy.
Speaker 4: I think he sent us something with the graduation to him barking trying to borrow, right, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a lot of that played out.
Speaker 4: You know what's kind of need with technology, you know, you can like this is new, but I mean it's getting a little bit more advanced. The street views of things. You can pull up somebody's address and the like, standing in front.
Speaker 2: Of their house and pass that little car that's out recording.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've done that with Larry and Carolyn, so I kind of have a good visual of where we're going. But you know, back to what Adler said going to the break, when it goes to like going to Japan. JC was looking at this one hotel and I was like, well, you know you got you know, he was just asking for some advice and some some stuff.
Speaker 2: About staying and blah blah blah. And I'm like, yeah, you just want.
Speaker 4: To make sure you know it's in a good area this that, And he's oh, it's all everything's around the corner and stuff. And I'm like, man, he really knows what's going on. And I said, what are you talking about? He goes, well, yeah, they have this this it's like a I ideal or whatever, where I say a I probably it and it's probably some some option that they have. Now he goes, oh, yeah, I've been walking the streets uh in Japan, And I'm like, what do you mean you've been walking?
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's so real.
Speaker 4: You walk the streets like you see where everything is, and it is the technology is getting insane suggestions.
Speaker 2: AI AI has a lot of advantages, but we better keep our own it. Yeah, pun intended. How about people are saying, why not ask mister Chen? Why don't why don't you have Why don't you have mister Chen talking? Yes, hello, Jesse, I ain't mister Chin? Yeah? Right? Is Chin Chinese or Japanese?
Speaker 6: Are you Chinese or Japanese?
Speaker 2: Right? Which one would Chin be?
Speaker 14: I got him?
Speaker 2: Japanese? Is that fish come from Japan?
Speaker 7: Japan?
Speaker 5: Is Chinese fish?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Chinese fighting fish? No help, it's it's China different than Japan.
Speaker 2: It is? Is it different? Wait?
Speaker 6: Siamese Siamese fighting fish?
Speaker 2: Keep hearing all this thing about these type of fish being able to fight. No, I kind of like drop another one in there, and I say.
Speaker 6: Two males and they will kill it.
Speaker 5: They'll fight to the day up there and stuff.
Speaker 2: No one, no one can take its chin and we can bat on them. Is going to win? Yeah, throw down a little cash dropping here mister chin to feed him in no time.
Speaker 5: So really these came from more like Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam.
Speaker 2: Okay, Walmart, Hey let's drop another one in there.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let's do it some kind of fish fight starting, some kind of fish fight club.
Speaker 2: They're going to have a champion and everything. Can we just keep then we just keep rotating through them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, bringing another champion that would be a blast.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: We used to make craws fish remember that. Oh I loved it. Yeah, it was just fantastic. Get yeah cool. So, Adam, you have a video six that has something to do with Japan. Yes, and we just talked about some wanting together. There's a competition to know which bike has the most irritating noise. What does this mean?
Speaker 5: So there's these motorcycle dudes in Japan. They take these like Japanese street bikes, soup them up to almost turn them into like a chopper kind of look and uh with old school, big old.
Speaker 6: High rise look.
Speaker 5: Seats on them and they get together. You could ride on the back and they evaluate who's got the most annoying sound?
Speaker 2: Sound that was annoying.
Speaker 5: Well, that was real annoying.
Speaker 7: Please look at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why does that have a mask on?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 2: Oh chick good, that's the winner right there.
Speaker 5: Wow, dinner.
Speaker 2: So the weirder, the more irritating it sounds, the better, you know, is you know how these Japanese are? Yeah? Wow? I mean did they actually ride them or they sit there and do that all day? Well?
Speaker 6: Know, they ride them to the way.
Speaker 4: They have that little seat for whoever's riding on the back. It's a tall it's a tall seat bag. You can lean back.
Speaker 2: I knew you. Yeah, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Man, these bikes are cool. I used to have it wasn't souped up like that.
Speaker 2: But I didn't have one of these.
Speaker 6: I had a Haunt to Nighthawk.
Speaker 5: You see how it's got the four exhaust pipes coming out the front. Four exhaust pipes coming out the front. I had that same set set up on the first year.
Speaker 6: It was man, it was.
Speaker 7: Gang gigg That was bad.
Speaker 6: It was at nineteen eighty two. It was older than I was.
Speaker 5: Around college.
Speaker 2: Didn't make sense.
Speaker 6: It wasn't all souped up like that. No, it was more just like do.
Speaker 2: You have that on the back of it? I always heard that sound every time Greg grabs another fritter, ingyang gig gang, no tip to jumping around with him.
Speaker 5: Oh, here's Greg going for a fritter. No eag, grab a cinnamon roll.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll come back.
Speaker 7: We'll go.
Speaker 2: Unscreened phone calls. Our first check in with you today. All ten lines open. Here's a number, eight eight eight, the number six big box. We chat with you, America. Unscreened phone calls coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table called mom and get on the show? One eight eight eight six beef.
Speaker 2: Fox All right, unscreenphone calls, fire them up, America. The number you heard it from, mister ken osburn the voice. So the lines are available, there are people are starting to fill them right now. So make the move and we'll chat with you on unscreen phone calls. You're here ringing, We'll screen them on the fly. Let's first of all, point you to buy Raycon dot com slash big Vox. Yes you can go there. Yes you can save fifteen percent off, but know this before you ever get the fifteen percent off. Every single day. Raycon's everyday earbuds are about half the price of the other premium audio brands, all right, and you're still getting things like the quick charge function, ninety minutes of battery and ten minutes of charging. You're getting multipoint connectivity, thirty two hours of battery life, sound profiles, awareness mode, noise isolation mode. They fit comfortably in your ears with the customizable jail tip. Got some really cool colors at about half the price, and then we knock another fifteen percent off because we love you. Go to buy Raycon dot com, slash big Vox, or just use the link at rickburgesshow dot com under the sponsor's button. Unscreenedphone calls. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show Go Ahead Festivals and I'm sorry your sale was breaking up about outdoor festival. We continue, unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgess Show, Go Ahead.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 15: I wonder if Larry and Carolyn know that they're they're buying over a con artist, you know, Cyrus the virus.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's fine, that's right. Greg has always said, you look like that, Hey, John Malcolm and that when you played that character. Thanks Greg Ton's older.
Speaker 5: Now just because they're bald doesn't mean that.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that. But in this situation, y'all do favor you do? Thanks buddy, Cyrus Virus, Thanks Coach, Rick Burgers show on screen phone calls and a go, hey Rick, this big head? What's that big hit? Come on d HD?
Speaker 16: How you doing good?
Speaker 13: Hey? Did y'all ever get a name for the cookie yesterday?
Speaker 2: A name like? Yeah that we tried the cookies that you brought back? Yeah, like what they were called?
Speaker 13: Yes, it's called a million dollar cookie?
Speaker 2: Oh is it really? How'd you know that?
Speaker 13: I have the recipe?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: So how did you?
Speaker 13: I go, Well, I'm a caterer and I mean right now, So I got one question. Did it have potato chips in it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Potato? If it did, we did, we didn't know it?
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, there's two. There's two. There's two different various various variations of it. One has potato chips. Mine mine doesn't. Let me.
Speaker 2: I mean you were you were, just let me tell you what was in I'm sorry, big ed, I mean to cut you off, but let me tell you what's in it'll help you. It had chips, It had some sort of nut I don't know if it was pecans or some pet macadamian. A little coconut in there, some coconut flakes. Yeah, it was kind of thick but still crispy. Oh wow, I want to know oneips.
Speaker 13: I got it, I got it. I'll see you the rest speak.
Speaker 2: Please do.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How's everything going on on the fan club side?
Speaker 13: We're good. Hey you got miss uh, mister Larry and Miss Carolyn in there, and uh hey, we get pictures of patches every day. Good love them, love love them to death.
Speaker 2: All right, So big can tell the audience if they want to be part of the the fan club facebook page, what should they look for?
Speaker 13: Just the Rick Burgess fan Club.
Speaker 2: That's it right there. Okay, good.
Speaker 13: I tried to make it the I tried to make it the Greg Burgess fan Club, but it was already taken.
Speaker 2: Big hat job, all right. So we Gott's like, he's gonna get down the Jimmy. There's a lot of there's a lot of variety. They're not every Brunswick scuse great crumpled up in a corner. Then why not Greg? Why not oyster crackers. If you don't have it, that's uh. We continue, Hello, Rick Burgess show unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 16: Ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Bro?
Speaker 16: Hey, I'm digging the new show Man.
Speaker 17: It's really awesome. But you guys are killing you. Guys are killing me a little bit this morning because I've got I've seen everybody and concert you know, I've seen everybody, but I've never been to a festival before really, but just last week I bought yeah, and just last week I bought passes for the Saint Petersburg Country Music Festival. And between the needles and all the other stuff you guys have got, you guys have you got?
Speaker 16: Are killing me? What can I expect?
Speaker 13: Or what do I need to do to prepare?
Speaker 17: Thing?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 16: Didank?
Speaker 17: It's well, we're catching a little bit of break because it's the week of November the twentieth. Oh okay, all right, okay, yeah, so so so the heat the heat, I mean, it can still be plenty warm in Saint Pete in November, but not quite as bad as it is right now. So hey man, I'll I'll take all the advice you can, you guys can give me about these festivals. And I take it off there. But hey, love to love the new show, love the old show. But this is this is pretty awesome.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 16: It's good to hear you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Yeah, we love those show too, and and and we love the New Woman and you know, enjoy it all, Bob. Yes, So if you're going to at your first festival like November Saint Petersburg, should be shouldn't be too bad. But you you just have to understand that you know, no one, no one uh is socially aware. People will be they'll be loud, they'll spill things on you. You gotta watch that. Feel dirty. Yeah, you will feel dirty. Uh, you stink, You'll want to shower multiple times when it's over.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: But I say, just you know, enjoy it. Go in for the needle. Try not to be somewhere where you're standing the whole time. I'd love to see you in some sort of seat, but these outdoor festivals usually you stand, don't You got a.
Speaker 6: Lot of standings. Sit down when you can get it.
Speaker 5: Get your schedule, look ahead, look ahead and see what stages where it looks like Red Clay Stres are the headliner by the way, all right, yeah, this festival coming up.
Speaker 2: Ain't no ain't no one like me love us even.
Speaker 5: Tried getting like you ever given me a screenshot on your phone, Get a screenshot of your on your phone of the schedule and which stage they're on, so you can kind of plan like this, this this and uh it's hard, but don't be afraid to catch the beginning of a band that you like and then leave and go go easy. They try to schedule it, but it's okay, it's okay. That's the point of the music festival to see a bunch of different acts and and plan your your path and you're walking and and what who That way you can miss the least amount. That's just my advice.
Speaker 2: And one thing I will say, gonna go a little bit dad here, a little bit serious. So but I want to help out our brother that was so kind to us. Pickpocketing is real. Have your stuff secure, keep stuff in your front pocket, don't have stuff in your back pocket. Keep nowing you stuff with a pickpocket up. I'm sorry, that's the dad. That's the benefit of not having them yours. Pick pockets actually have a I hate speedy club. I noticed George Strait is not on the lineup, so you won't be able to get a nap.
Speaker 3: Greg.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's gonna be my new thing. I'm gonna tell mom, and if she likes George Straight, that's gonna be mine. I don't like George Straight. We continue Rick Burger's Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Thank morning.
Speaker 15: I just had a quick question for y'all. Have you all heard about the guy that's been going around Birmingham, Alabama? Uh, stealing all the police tires off of the police cars.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I'm not familiar with that. Wouldn't you just steal tires off any car in the world. Yeah, I know, I haven't heard.
Speaker 15: It's just the police cars, and I hear that they're working tirelessly to figure out who's good power.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you that. Speaking of Dad's Hi, Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 18: He pressed it lous on on this can.
Speaker 2: That's the same guy, Okay, same guy from yesterday, upset. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 15: You yeah, man, Speedy, You're gonna tell you boy, if it goes to Tokyo, he's gonna deal with the new d kay and he don't got friends, he's got family.
Speaker 2: Who's what? I don't know, DK, what does that mean?
Speaker 6: I hope we're not saying something that I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't, I don't. I hope he's got a star.
Speaker 5: I do new Donkey Kong game. Is that what he's talking?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that it? What? I don't know? Yeah, his passport is is good, So we're we're good there. Yeah, I don't need to get too bad there and goes for it. I know he has a star and passport, but why, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the hardest working men in the business, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, yes, sir, getting after it, as is the US. Thank you for being with us, all right, So we we weren't hip enough. It was everybody saying that was a Fast and Furious reference. I don't know a thing about Fast and Furious, and Adler tried to make us feel better by claiming it was an old movie that we shouldn't have felt responsible to know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeahs Tokyo Drift.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a drift king.
Speaker 6: I'm the new drift king in town or whatever.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Never I've never watched one Fast and furious.
Speaker 5: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Never? Oh man, I have zero interest in it. I don't like cars. I'm not into cars, my feeling, my heart, I'm not into cars.
Speaker 5: Hey, how about you don't have to be two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: So fast and furious All about race came out in two thousand cars? Yeah right, but it's not. It's it's an action movie.
Speaker 5: It's about family, is what it's about.
Speaker 2: Hey, it is about family. And if you don't know, you don't know. Okay, uh is it not a bunch of cars? But anyway? Cars? Who says I don't like cars? I don't like that? Could less about that?
Speaker 5: So sad?
Speaker 4: But you don't have to be into cars. But I'm just saying most people don't walk around going I don't like cars.
Speaker 2: I don't like I don't like to watch anything about cars. Like Jay len On, I don't want to have lunch with with this.
Speaker 5: It's always ever gonna talk about to me. You can't claim to be handy and not like cars.
Speaker 2: Mutually exclusive. So now I feel there's pressure for me to be a mechanic too.
Speaker 5: Just to pretend to be like cars. You have to if you're going to pretend to be handy you have to pretend to like cars.
Speaker 2: By the way, this new handy movement I'm on got a lot of people talking. It's pulled us new sponsors. It's it's going somewhere right, But they I think it's because they all know you're not handy, and you're just saying the two eaches on. Yeah right. I never claimed I was going to try to start being a mechanic. Is that my next thing? Look? Look Fast and Furious. Yes, it's a it has.
Speaker 4: Cars as the main element to whatever they're doing, but it's more than that.
Speaker 2: It's just a part of it. What do you know about it? I've watched them, Yeah, we watched the series. Yeah, oh, I watched Fast and Furious. I guess I'm fasting a little bit furious. There's a number of them. Now, there's a bunch of them. I can't. I just don't. I'm not drawn to that. Hey, look, we're drag ration in the street with the whole thing. The whole thing is you don't mess with family. That's the whole point of it. What you don't mess with the family's car.
Speaker 4: No, it's the families of the people that are there. If you you what what is the fasting reference to there fast fast, curious, fast, wars fast? What cars fast and they live fast? What do you Tracy Chapman little fast young.
Speaker 2: To know this way. I don't like watching car chases. They go too long. Don't give me a quick car chase's close, shorter, They're going too much. Yeah, like mission impossible. I'm like, let's get it back in the airplane. Yeah, I get it. I will say this. There is you want?
Speaker 5: So you want mission possible? Then is what you want?
Speaker 2: Like Cannibal run? What you said.
Speaker 6: Smoking the bandit?
Speaker 2: Smoking the bandit? That's different? Well, how's it different? Car chases are done? You're right, but it's they don't dive through buildings and everything can be that it's not. It looks like a legit car chase. Okay, it looks like I could be having on when I jumped that bridge. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now the last the last few fast and furious. You're like, okay, well that but the only early ones.
Speaker 2: When did you become such a passionate about and furious. I'm just saying, y'all, you've talked about something you never even seen. It was you, daddy, Well, you've never even seen a.
Speaker 5: Fast You don't don't.
Speaker 6: You don't talk about family like that.
Speaker 2: You don't talk about family. What it did, like, what was.
Speaker 5: The woman Nicholas cage and then in sixty seconds that's a good Yes, that's a good one. Went to do that for my birthday in theaters.
Speaker 2: So you're saying it's a fast and furious family.
Speaker 5: They're oh my good, they're fast and furious and their family.
Speaker 2: What am I furious about their family?
Speaker 6: Or they're incredibly furious?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm furious about what my fast car or my family? Well, okay, you try out drifts me Rick, I'm the drift king.
Speaker 5: The series kind of lost it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sliding drifting has called never said that's not gonna get me to Alana any quicker.
Speaker 5: Hey, So the series, I will say the series kind of lost its way a little bit. Initially it was about street racing cars. And then somehow Ludacris, who starts the series by being like the street race organizer you know, three or four movies in somehow he's now like a spy that's like hacking into the mainframe and like, I'm like, wait a second, when did Ludacris become like a computer hacker? Because now he's in that role in this movie. When did that happen? And so they kind of become superheroes rather than in the beginning their street drifters. But it's fun to watch their transformation and their family.
Speaker 4: And their family and then you know, uh, and somebody's even alluded to it. Yeah, when Paul Walker died, everything kind of changed a little bit in that series. But which is very It's the way he died was crazy.
Speaker 6: He died in a street race.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, did he not realize he was just an actor, not a He was a passenger in it.
Speaker 5: He was a passenger in a car and it here, here's the wreck right here.
Speaker 6: I mean it is a mangled pile.
Speaker 2: Of no surviving that one. Wow.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's like he was like living the real, real life of a street racer and it cost him.
Speaker 2: So that's why you continue to watch the series, and that's why so everyone's furious about his death.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you don't like Smoking the band, Smoking band, you don't have car chase.
Speaker 2: It's the only one that does have good car chase. I don't like one with a bunch of effects. I love anything from that day because they couldn't fake it with this CG stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you would like Fast and Furious, and you would like too Fast, too Furious. You probably wouldn't like Tokyo Drift. They started going computer animation.
Speaker 2: That's when you lost me. That's when you bring up computer generated action. You'll lose that one over there in a second. Yeah, here's what I talk about, the Battle of Midway, Rick Gosh, I love here we go, We're used to crack. I want you to sit down and watch the first Fast and Fuerial, just the first. You can forget that. She'll sit down, she'll sit down and watch it. No, I can see her right now, her watch she's Watchingound Pounds Sisters. She'll watch that. She thinks it's funny. So in the in fact, she actually is the one that got me watching it. So about that you mentioned in the break that is weird? You mentioned the break that you heard there's a kiss movie this being Yes, please tell us let's talk about something that they sad Jonahs, the Jonas brothers will be playing Paul Stanley. They haven't said, Greg, there's no way. There's no way that. I don't know if that's final, but that's that's out there. Greg. Where did you say that. First of all, there's a movie coming out of back Kiss and what's Jonas?
Speaker 5: He's supposed Nicky's supposed to be set to star as as.
Speaker 2: Paul Stanley and Jonas. Yes, I can't wait tell who the other ones are. Wow, you think I won't be watching that movie? You're wrong? And the car chasing it shot out loud chasing though, shouted out louds in name of the movie. Yeah, he would be doing the vocals and this will be the story of Kiss. It's not like when Kiss. It's not like when Kiss took over the Carnival. It's not that, is it. No, it's the Phantom of the what was it called? It was demonstration part. It's so it's so beautifully stupid. Listen, I read, you know, I'm a threat to read a book about bands and stuff. And when they were making that movie, uh, Ace had a wreck or something drunk any whether it's the scene the movie, if you'll look, it's supposed to be him, and it's it's it's like an Asian person with his makeup on and they're fighting and stuff and it's not even him, just because he was there. Yeah, he crashed the car and didn't get there. By the way, Andrew, did you know? I told Greg today, And did you know that New York Groove was a cover? I did not that the band had already done that song before Ah Freely's solo album New York Groove. Always. I didn't think he wrote it only hit any of the solo album. Yeah, but I didn't know it was actually a cover song from another band had already done it. I didn't. I didn't know that. I kind of wish I didn't know it. You remember when they came out with those albums. I remember Rectore the Hell, Quintard Mall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, glam rock band Hello released New York Groove in seventy five. Ace Freely did it in seventy eight for a solo album.
Speaker 2: There You're Going. Didn't know it was a cover. I had no idea. Didn't either. I thought it was and it's not. He didn't vary it a whole lot. It s a lot like they pretty much did it the same way. I mean, I'll tell you that he did, but but that's it. So I didn't know there was a Kiss movie coming out. Somebody said Jack Black is going to play Jean Simon. They're gonna have to give him some stilts. But I wonder who would play Gene. I don't know, trying to think, do you know what's going for? Well, do you think they go with they? Are they going to go with people that looked like them? And and the acting is first musical talent second, yes, since they stepped out and actually is a musician and they claim is going to do the singing? Did the other actors have to be musicians too?
Speaker 5: Yes, he got to.
Speaker 2: He's got to be like Paul though I don't want to hear Nick Jonas in the makeup. He's got to. I want to see these people here. Yeah, exactly. I mean he's gonna have to. He's got to go hmm.
Speaker 6: He have to be the same age as Nick Jonas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what about these people over here?
Speaker 5: What was that movie that they remade with Lady Gaga and stars Warren stars Warren that's good, bothered It was good, but it bothers me in those scenes when you can tell they're just not quite right, you know what I'm saying. As far as playing a guitar solo or singing and rocking and dancing.
Speaker 2: I thought the music was good.
Speaker 5: It was he wasn't quite know what you're saying. The shredding on guitar was was all and that bothered me and it shouldn't bother me, but he did, but it should.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Be bold and let the whole world know that you listen to the Rick Burgers Show. Cool merchandise is available now just go to rickburgershow dot com. That click shot.
Speaker 2: Also text Nation. You can just text the words store and you'll get there too and pick up pick up the merchs where the colors, Baby, Thank you for being with us today America. Andy Andrews coming up next segment. Andy will be here for bechu or bs. There he is standing outside the door right now.
Speaker 7: I see him.
Speaker 2: There's Andy. Uh and if you can win, if you can, if you can guess correctly, then you'll get your shot at the wheel there he comes right there. And so here Andy Andrews has just arrived on the scene in the house. And guess guess how I knew he was here. I noticed him. I noticed that. I get it.
Speaker 4: So I've asked Larry to call and now he's calling my cell phone. No, Larry, Larry called the studio line all the show.
Speaker 19: Okay, thank you, buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, my new buddy Seedy. Sweedy leaves. Speedy leaves today. Watch Andy's face goes to spend the night with Larry and Carolyn over in Dublin, Georgia. Yes, then you ask how does he know them? Well, he don't. He does not know them. Mess they're strangers that listen to the show and invited Speedy to come stay with them, and why not.
Speaker 4: And we kind of invited ourselves to we did, We said we were coming over.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think we were the whole reason. Fact Andy has got so into it. Any of you out there that are Andy Andrews fans, we always want Andy to come over for the weekend. Just email us and we'll set it up evening with Andy Larry. Y'all getting excited, Buddy, Really, Breck Craig ask you Rick, Yes, I'm right here.
Speaker 19: My voice, I know it sounds.
Speaker 2: Weird, Yes it does.
Speaker 18: But is there ready to.
Speaker 19: Change my voice on the radio station?
Speaker 2: See, Larry, let me help you here. This that's the last thing I don't want to do. Let me tell you why, Because that's what makes you a character on the show, That's what makes you unique. It's what makes you interesting? What makes you funny? You do not want to sound just like everybody else, then you won't be as interesting as you are.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: We love you, know it's awesome.
Speaker 19: I've always hated my voice.
Speaker 2: Well, look, we've all hated ours. It didn't stop us from good right, none of us listens to it back and go oh no. Every day when I go to like breakdown film and I'm listening to the archives, the things we could do better? How did that go? Did that work? I'm always like, why are we? Why am I even on the ear? Yeah? So don't don't don't let that get to you. Don't don't take your uniqueness and just be so willing to throw out there and just become bland. Yeah you be, Larry, you Larry.
Speaker 5: We all have things we don't like about ourselves. I hate my growth plates.
Speaker 2: Right right, Adler, which is he was taller. I wish I had hair. I wish I had better hair. I wish I had big legs. Right, I wish I had hair too.
Speaker 13: I do only have but around the edges.
Speaker 2: Yea, though I'm right there bargaining at When Speedy shows up, you'll you'll notice his legs of me then you'll think to yourself, you know what, let's all be thankful for where we are. Yeah, he must be kin through it killd.
Speaker 19: But Karlyn and I definitely we were excited about Speedy being here.
Speaker 4: Are you sure because if if I mean, are you still good with it? I don't want to intrude Speedy.
Speaker 9: Karlyn is right here.
Speaker 14: Okay, like you said.
Speaker 10: You're not intruding at all, invited.
Speaker 4: You Okay, Well, I cannot wait to see you guys.
Speaker 2: And he's bad to take a drink, I'll stop it.
Speaker 7: Uh, you know.
Speaker 4: And I think, as I was texting with with Larry yesterday, Carolyn, Uh, what's so crazy about this is this is the first time a staff member has ever left driven over four hours and to spend the night with a listener at their homes then and so so, so I think that adds a lot to it. That's why they're acting like y'all gonna eat me and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just kidding.
Speaker 19: But the ten years this could be a trend. Speedy visits absolutely, yeah, yeah, Speedy slipslut Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, Greg in the mid eighties, you know, he at times would spend the night with strangers, but not on purpose. It was just waking up.
Speaker 7: But who are you.
Speaker 10: Ask?
Speaker 1: Real quick.
Speaker 13: Question?
Speaker 2: Let them go.
Speaker 14: We have a.
Speaker 19: E Machine drive that broke. We have a bunch of our pictures on it, our honeymoon pictures in Alaska, everything is on it. Do you think you could try to get it? Get the pictures off page for us?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think you're could.
Speaker 5: The Machines was a brand of personal computers.
Speaker 2: So you you think adlers should go with Speedy, then y'all gonna need him. Yeah, he had the little little work Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: E Machines were discontinued in twenty thirteen, so customer support is gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: Right, That's why there's there's you. That's what he's asking. He's want you to fix it. I'll tell you what, I'll take a shot at it now.
Speaker 5: Rick, rickaty kind of handy you're pretending to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Larry, I want you to know that the listeners of this show and the viewers, they are so excited about this trip. They are so intrigued with you and Carolyn. So you need to understand that's a good thing. That's nothing, that's not a negative.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I know, it's a good thing about that your things. I need to make my voice sounded different.
Speaker 2: If your voice sounded normal, I probably would have never called you back. Right, Let's just get honest that that's what makes you special. I thought we found ourselves a character for the show. Come on, which is a pause? Why do you think I let Andy andrews own? It's not cause he's normal, it's not because I mean, have you heard Hoby Gary? We love Gary Gary, Rick makes fun of Gary Conston. Yeah, loves it. I mean what if Gary didn't talk like?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 11: I mean you think he'd go to be on the show, right right, that's your point, that's trick, that's right, And I would love to drive over to Birmingham be on your show.
Speaker 16: But the thing is, h.
Speaker 19: How can we do it and surprise you and just pop in.
Speaker 2: Let's let's not say probably yeah, it's like paying you back. Yeah, you can say with speedy, No, here's the deal, here's the deal.
Speaker 4: When we have surprises for Rick, Greg is always the one that you go through, uh and you text with Greg, you organize it with Greg and then you pop in and surprise Rick. And normally people stay down at Rick's farm when.
Speaker 2: That happens Okay. What you could do though, is just keep working through Lee leg I know you talked to her every day. Yeah, true, that's that. Uh So, Larry, I want to ask you one thing before we go to the break and get excited about tonight and tomorrow. Are you transitioning from Patches to Sledge? Because I'm not I don't like this transition. I like you as the patch man. I'm not crazy about the sled thing there.
Speaker 19: We're not transitioning from Patche. Just we love both package.
Speaker 2: And dogs, all right, see, and so I'm gonna be with him tonight. It Carolyn.
Speaker 19: Carolyn and I met actually over a dog, said race.
Speaker 2: See what I'm talking about?
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 2: So I can't wait to hear about that story, the whole story, and leave nothing. I'm gonna I want to. I want y'all's life story, How you met, fell in love, first kiss, stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I flew down here.
Speaker 19: I had never seen her face to face until when I flew down.
Speaker 2: So you're pretty good at reaching out to people and then kind of coaxing them into your house. You know what, you fell in love?
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 19: I would never even talk to I've only le only catched back and forth on Facebook.
Speaker 2: She didn't fall in love with your boys. Maybe that's what. Yeah, it might be real quick.
Speaker 4: We're going to break Larry. I don't know if you can hear the bed is are we still having meat load? I mean, what are we having?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? Roast sorry good Well, y'all are very sweet than it should be. My guest here guests live live from your home tomorrow. Nothing worried about that. No, we'll be back. Andy Andrews is next.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 7: You better listen up. You know what we say. All you gotta.
Speaker 1: Find broadcasting from the real world, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: How about in America? Thanks for being with us for a Brandy, iur we If you missed any of the show today, you've already missed a lot. So but nope, no, no reason to get upisode because you can go back and pick it up on the Daily Archives. Be sure you're following our podcast archives and our YouTube archives. You can pick the one that you enjoy the most, and you never have to miss a minute of the Daily Show and do.
Speaker 7: It on your own time.
Speaker 2: I know, things run and even when you're listening live, sometimes you get distracted. You know, oh I miss something, So there you go.
Speaker 7: All right, So.
Speaker 2: Let's remind you of the Wednesday Bible studies. Back today, we're in the Book of Job chapter nineteen that starts at noon Central one o'clock Eastern on the YouTube channel, and there's an archive of that as well after it's over on the podcast and YouTube channel. If you so desire, well you knew Andy was back here.
Speaker 7: Andy, what's to do? Let's go?
Speaker 2: Andy?
Speaker 7: Is this BS? Or is the story Real.
Speaker 5: Beasts?
Speaker 7: Annie Andrews study? Are you?
Speaker 8: He?
Speaker 7: Is the story this?
Speaker 2: If you want to take on Andy Dallas now eight eight eight the number six Big Box today, Yeah, you gotta beat up pretty bad two weeks ago. Yeah, I mean the audience say, it's just like I thought the wheel was just going, We're gonna have to replace home and Polly was ashamed of it. And you can see Buddy, good to.
Speaker 3: See you, Good to see you, and I gotta I got. I've got to say. I don't like cars either, thank you. And I've never seen a Fast and Furious movie.
Speaker 2: But you're still You're still a man's man. Andy. That's is mad cars. I don't either, Yeah, I mean, you know so y'all ride around saying I don't like cars.
Speaker 3: No, we just we're riding around not noticing them.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm not saying you have to be to like cars to be a man. I'm just saying, don't tell anybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want I'm saying I won't anybody, Okay, Okay, Yeah, I mean, what do you want us to do enter a fight club or something.
Speaker 6: I mean, you just don't tell nobody.
Speaker 2: It means it means that we're not interested in the topic of cars. It doesn't mean we don't understand their necessity. We got them, and I'd rather be in a dependable, nice car. But it kind of stops right there.
Speaker 5: That's fine, that's okay, Just don't talk about it.
Speaker 2: Like if Jay Leno were to invite you and I to lunch, we wouldn't go, right unless you wanted to talk maybe just funny about chins and stuff. Yeah, now that that he would be helpful. Okay. So so what we're going to do now is let people as they're getting lined up, Greg's getting ready to go, I want to say thank you how much fun sharing I had?
Speaker 12: Was it?
Speaker 2: A week before last Friday? Two weeks ago we loved having y'all down. That was a blast. Went down to the Andy Andrews Compound in the beautiful Orange Beach, Alabama, and got to meet the beautiful staff there and wonderful people, and got to see your store. Man, I love that store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was kind of half museum half store.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 2: Some of some of the stuff he's got in there from a museum standpoint's incredible. I do. He's got the phone, Sarah, get me courthouse. He's got that phone from Mayberry.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I got four phones from the show.
Speaker 2: Are you serious.
Speaker 3: I've got the I've got the phone that was in the Taylor living Room season one, the Taylor living Room season two, three.
Speaker 7: Four and five.
Speaker 3: I've got the one from Wally's gas station where Goober's on the phone, and and Andy says, if if I come back in that car still in that courthouse, I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 7: You have that.
Speaker 3: I have that, And I have one of the phones they used in the courthouse. And I have Floyd's barber brush. I have ant Bee's pearls. I have what's left of ant Bee's china. I have Briscoe Darling's jug How about this. I didn't know all and some and some really cool stuff. And for somebody doesn't like a car. I have the squad car from the second season where you have the squad car.
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 3: It's in Nashville right now. It's being repaired or being redone or where.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna put it? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna have it.
Speaker 20: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've driven it around on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 2: And you know, do you like cars? No, I like I like that car show. Yeah, one of the greatest shows, if not the greatest TV show ever. Yeah, it's definitely definitely do you.
Speaker 4: Know that something that and we kind of got away from it. Uh, but right before bed sometimes you know, when you're going pretty hard for the day and sometimes it's it's tough to just kind of come down and just relax. And those episodes are not long. I mean, they're only what any commercials and uh, from time to time we'll try to watch an episode before bed on.
Speaker 3: Me TV from six to seven to two episodes a night TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's and it's it's kind of was a part of our routine for a while and it will kind of get you out.
Speaker 3: Do you know that you know Netflix and everything keeps track of how many hours I watched? And do you know that if you think of all the shows that have been in existence, and think of all the shows that are being tracked now, if if the Andrew Griffith Show is on the air now, it would rank sixtieth in the Nielsen's Today right now. Wow wow Yeah, over over three billion viewing hours a year.
Speaker 2: Wow wow wow wow top hondo And a lot of people and a lot of people that we showed pictures from being in the studio, which the podcast came out yesterday. You haven't seen it Andy Andrews the noticer, uh, and so that podcast is available now.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then we show pictures of you and me in the studio and people love that that console, yeah, and how the legs are all these different books and and that that what is the wood on top?
Speaker 3: That's an oak.
Speaker 2: Slab. Yeah, look at that. That's so cool. And Andy took all those pictures by the way, that are around there, and he'll take a picture. Andy'll have a picture. Yeah, well rounded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just Andy Andrews dot com and you could put your put your your email address in there and we'll send you the show every Tuesday morning.
Speaker 2: That's cool. So it's it's it's out right now, all right. So let's let's see if we can get one in and then we'll come back and finish it. We just want to catch up first, all right, all right, So Derek called first, Hey, Derek, how you doing, buddy.
Speaker 19: Good?
Speaker 2: So here's your categories. Derek, pick one and then you tell us whether you think it be true or or b s. Get it right, and you get to spend the wheel. History, traffic, law, biology, the law, historical science. Let's go with science, historical science, and ego. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: The history of science is full of failed therapies, ridiculous experiments, revised textbooks, and rewritten hypotheses. Even Nobel Prize winners, the people often viewed as the best science has to offer, can eventually be discredited. Take, for example, the nineteen twenty seven Nobel Prize in Medicine awarded to Julius Joregg for treating syphilis by infecting patients with malaria. Doctor Jureg, an Austrian psychiatrist, having seen a patient seemingly healed after a high fever caused by a bacterial infection. This created an intense interest in using the fever as a treatment. Doctor Jurig believed the highest survivable fever might be induced in patients by giving the malaria. Then, when the syphilis was cured, he intended to treat the malaria with quinine. Doctor Jurig was hailed a medical hero and awarded the Nobel Prize. About a year later, a peculiar bacteria killing mold called penicillum was discovered, and by the mid twentieth century it was widely discontinued, which or was widely available, which led to malaria therapy being discontinued.
Speaker 2: Be true or bs wow.
Speaker 16: Oh boy, boy, you're good. Oh, I'm gonna say, shoot, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: It's true. He won the Noble time. Look at that smile of sorry Derek, and when he was giving syphilist patients and malaria. I hate to tell you where the mosquite a bit people, so you want to know him.
Speaker 7: That's how I feel good. Feeling good.
Speaker 2: First ending Derek struck out, but others are standing by. When we come back, we'll see if somebody else can win. And he's coming hot, he's he's off to there. Polly got him motivated today in a fast car.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back to.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 7: Hey, Andy wants the deal?
Speaker 17: Is this b s?
Speaker 7: Or is the story real? He be Shrews? Annie Andrews is ready?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 7: Is the story this is?
Speaker 8: And he is?
Speaker 1: Want to know?
Speaker 2: Derek struck out, But there's others standing by. Can somebody find their way to that wheel? Today? He's coming with a little bit of an attitude. Not today, a little bit of an attitude. Let's go to Jamie, Jamie, welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. How are you all right? Jamie? Are you ready? Here's the categories that are left. History, traffic, law, biology, are the law.
Speaker 10: My daddy was a police officer, so let's sw It's the law.
Speaker 7: The law.
Speaker 2: Hey I done called the law the law? The law got him?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go, Andy, stand by, Jamie. Here we go.
Speaker 3: While it may sound surprising, Sweden's government has indeed enacted legislation that limits each household to owning only one rodent pet, including guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, and white mice. This measure passed quietly in twenty eighteen under the broader framework of Sweden's Domestic Harmony and Minimal Disruption Act, was designed to address growing concerns about indoor allergen levels and the mental health of pet rodents. According to the Swedish Council on Public Health, studies showed that in homes with multiple small rodents, stress induced behaviors such as overgrooming, food hoarding, and cage anxiety were statistically more prevalent. Moreover, Sweden is known for its strong ecological policies, and ecologists argued that keeping more than one rodent per household dramatically increased demand for imported betting materials, plastic habitat funnels, and processed feed. These seemingly small demands, when multiplied across hundreds of thousands of households, generated a measurable carbon footprint. Pet stores are now required to display signs reminding customers of the one rodent, one roof policy, and citizens must sign a digital affidavit confirming compliance at the point of purchase. The one roadent policy is now widely accepted across Sweden and is being considered by policymakers in Norway and the Netherlands.
Speaker 2: Be true, wo.
Speaker 10: Bs, what in the world, I'll say it's true?
Speaker 3: It's bs.
Speaker 4: Daddy was not a copp in Sweden again. Concerned about your mind, your creativity.
Speaker 2: Details. I wish pretty good details. I'm like you out just when I get excited, I'm like, what kind of mind that's hends something like that to be true? This is the first thing on something like that I'm asking like a songwriter, is the first thing that popishing in your mind is I gotta do something with rodents? And then you go from there? Where does it start?
Speaker 3: It's did it started with the disdain for ecological uh policies? And I thought your work company is really what country is really stupid about that kind of stuff?
Speaker 2: And it goes from there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went from there and I thought, what would they do?
Speaker 3: That would just sound totally ridiculous, ridiculous to us, But then we would go, yeah, okay, that sounds like something they do. Yeah, yeah, Terry, Welcome to the show, Andy Andrews. Right now, warning is red hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. Okay, So so here we go. Left for you to choose from his history traffic law biology.
Speaker 13: Let's go with traffic law.
Speaker 2: Traffic law, traffic LAWR. You're gonna have to sound more confident than that. Now, don't be don't be all defeated because two people have lost.
Speaker 3: In nineteen twelve, Nebraska passed a law aimed at ensuring safety on the primitive country roads of the time. The law required nighttime drivers to stop every one hundred and fifty yards, launch a skyrocket into the sky, and wait a full eight minutes before proceeding. During this way, the idea was to give any nearby travelers, pedestrians, or horse drawn carriages time to clear the road. Once on the move again, drivers were to continue cautiously while honking their horn and firing flares to announce their presence. It's unclear how often this law was enforced, but it stands as an interesting relic of America's early efforts to tame the automobile with rockets, flares, and patients.
Speaker 2: Be true or bs.
Speaker 21: It's true, Yes, yes, ugly yes, thank you, ladies and germs.
Speaker 2: Suzzily, what a ba. Let's just keep on going to the fourth ending. I ain't got to hit yet. Emily, please, can somebody get to the wheel, Emily? History or biology history? Our history? Here we go?
Speaker 3: Okay. During World War Two, psychological warfare took many forms, including the use of sexually explicit playing cards and propaganda leaflets dropped on enemy troops. These materials were part of a broader effort to demoralize and distract the enemy. Allied forces used provocative imagery in leaflets that featured nude women, often accompanied by messages of betrayal, infidelity, or the futility of the enemy's cause. For example, many cards insinuated that while soldiers were away fighting, their wives or sweethearts were being unfaithful back home. Some times, even with the occupying Allied forces, the goal was to stirred out jealousy and homesicknesses. These cards were printed on standard plane card stock and air dropped in areas heavily occupied by Axis troops. This aimed to destabilize the mind of the soldier, reminding him of what he had lost or could not protect. These cards reflect the creative and often manipulative links to which psychological operations would go. Even in war. The battle wasn't only for territory. It was for the enemy's mind. Be true, or bs be true. She's right, let's go to the wheel.
Speaker 2: So emily, you've earned a shot at will you give wisdom harbor subscription?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: So who do you want to spend it?
Speaker 5: For?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: And go spend that man. Here it comes in. Say it's will to me, Emily, It's.
Speaker 4: Will to me Andy, And.
Speaker 2: Let's see it here.
Speaker 7: Let's see.
Speaker 2: Come on, Emily, that's a good fin, that's a good spind good night, Let's see Emily. Guys, come on, come on, come on, come on. Okay, you've got a subscription to Blaze TV. Yeah, so thank you. So you get Wisdom Harbor and Blaze TV because you you you guessed that it was right, that it be true. So let me put you on Yeah, well I'll put you on hold and get your information. Okay, Emily, thanks for listening to the show. Uh so, Emily's on hold. All right, Well we got one more so we'll let one more person take a shot, and then Andy may or may not have a bonus one for us to enjoy. I know this is the bonus if you want go. Are we down to the said bottles?
Speaker 7: Down to the bottle?
Speaker 2: He wasn't giving up any hits, right, we flew through it. Yeah, Can I do one more person? Can a person try to win her? I'd like that?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, and he wants to do is.
Speaker 7: This b s or is the story real? He be True for bus, Annie Andrews is ready?
Speaker 13: Are you?
Speaker 20: He is?
Speaker 7: The story BS.
Speaker 2: From the True Andy is three and one today, so he only won winner and Emily she got a subscription to Wisdom Harbor, which were talking about a little bit in a moment. But let's go ahead, and since you've done so well today, h let's take the one that's usually for us and let's give it out to somebody. Okay, all right, so let's let's let's find with that. Yeah. So let's let's see you trying to beat somebody else. Yeah, let's let's see. Is this is this Myron?
Speaker 13: Yes, it's it's actually Byron Byron.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Byron. The category that's left is biology. Were you were you any good at biology?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 13: It depends.
Speaker 3: Well if you watch the National Geographic you'll be able to get this one.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, biology be True or BS? Are you ready?
Speaker 10: Byron?
Speaker 2: Yes? Here we are.
Speaker 3: At first glance, it may seem implausible, but anatomical studies conducted on African megafauna have revealed a curious fact. The rhinoceros has an eye that is physically larger than its brain. Biologically, this makes sense when one considers the rhinos' habitat and survival mechanisms. Unlike primates, who rely on problem solving and social navigation, rhinos evolved on open planes, where visual detection of predators and territorial rivals were critical. Their large side facing eyes provided nearly two hundred and seventy degrees of horizontal vision, a massive advantage in wide exposed savannahs. Over time, this emphasis on site came at the cost of natural development. The brain remained modest in size, largely devoted to motor control and sensory routing, while the eyes grew to accommodate a wide visual field and the need to spot threats. Meanwhile, behavioral ecologists note that rhinos struggle with even basic puzzles in captivity, such as removing a lid from a bucket, suggesting a limited cerebral capacity. It's not that the rhino is unintelligent by accident. God simply didn't create the rhino to be clever. He built it to be aware, and in that trade off, the eye has triumphed over the burn quite literally be true or bs help?
Speaker 2: Okay, Byron, what do you think I have no clue?
Speaker 13: Nip it in the bud I'm gonna say, be true.
Speaker 3: It is true.
Speaker 7: Helen back.
Speaker 2: All right, So Byron, you go to you got wisdom harbor, what you're gonna enjoy and especially this new guy they're using. But anyway, we'll talk about that coming in. All right, Byron, who you want to spend the will for you?
Speaker 13: Let's go ahead and let Andy do it?
Speaker 7: Oh Andy again?
Speaker 2: Here he goes, all right, Andy, here comes Andy. Andy. You're doing so god So here's what you say to Andy. You got to say, Byron, it's will to me Andy, and he'll spend for you.
Speaker 13: It's will to me Andy.
Speaker 19: Let go.
Speaker 16: By the way, I.
Speaker 2: Feel good about this spin heah, do y'all feel good about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Andy was cruising in the game and then suddenly I started hitting. Any time came with partest, then all right, here we go, come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 20: No, you go.
Speaker 2: You gotta buy speedy lunch. Oh man, hey, you go to double Woomy Day. Yeah. So, uh so, Byron, you you gotta buy speedy lunch. You actually went the other way there. Uh let's put you. Let's put you on hold, and congratulations for getting it right, even though it was a blind guest. No rhino pun intended. So let's let's put you on hold. Get your information and wisdom Harbor you do have, so you can enjoy that with your family. Okay, all right, So and on that note, and you tell everybody what is wisdom Harbor?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: Hang on, I'm sorry they're.
Speaker 3: Going come wisdom Haarbor dot com. I am imploring you people to please join and uh be a part of this effort to create America's next greatest generation. This is going into schools, it's going into homes. I had a lady called us last week and she said, well, I didn't realize this was for old people too, and so we we thought we would add a little mato wisdom Harbor dot com. It's for old people too.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: But you know, we're doing this by creating conversations between adults and young people, which is what happened in creating the first greatest generation. And so are These are little pieces six seven minute pieces that are done by contributors like Grammy winners, comedians, radio hosts. Because we've got a new contributor. If you want to see Rick doing a bet you didn't know, or any other words, you need to subscribe to wisdom Maarbor dot co.
Speaker 2: I pontificated about the odyssey. You might have heard of it. Andy, I will tell you you had mentioned that I was going to do. I thought I was gonna do like one, right, and I know me how many I did?
Speaker 1: Like four?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Four or four?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And and so you did three what we call bet you didn't know.
Speaker 3: And these are usually uh science, biology, history, and they always start with bet you didn't know, and it's just this crazy stuff. That's it's all true.
Speaker 2: But you didn't know how much math we're using sports.
Speaker 7: Did you?
Speaker 2: That's right? You did that one?
Speaker 3: He did that one?
Speaker 2: How was it? How was it handling him? Was it okay? It was great? I mean I was.
Speaker 3: I turned him loose after I heard after I heard men don't run in the rain on audio.
Speaker 2: I knew he could do this. I knew he could do my reading.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's I finally got the speed of the teleprompter day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so it was great. But see that each of the each of the bet you didn't nose comes with three discussion questions that you neither do at the dinner table or you can do in the classroom. And and so these are awesome pieces, you know, and they're done with the production is done.
Speaker 2: The production's fantastic. It's it's done with motion graphics and visuals that go with it. I was blown away by how good it is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, so I was Sherry liking her subscription.
Speaker 2: Well she had to bring that up, didn't you. Yeah. Awkward moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's a real, real awkward Rick has had a subscription for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I asked Sherry, I said, so have you seen some of the You've seen some of these?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: She goes, no, I don't think. Thanks Rick, that's great friend. And he's like, well, I gave Rick a subscription. I thought you would have been That was six months ago. I thought you would have been looking at it. And Sherry's like, why did you not tell me about this? I'm like, Andy Andrews, So you know what he did? Let me tell you where he show showed wisdom. Speaking of wisdom, harbor. The reason why he's the captain is this. He knew to give that up, and he took Sherry into the computer and gave her that's somebody that knows. Oh yeah, he's get you out of it. Somebody that was a rookie would have said, well, Rick, be sure she sees it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why, that's why, that's why. Let me give you a littis the advice from an author has who has written slightly more books than.
Speaker 2: You have, Yes, a lot more if you if you are if you have two books with.
Speaker 3: You and you meet the senator, you give the senator one, but you make sure you give the administrative assistant one correct. And if you have one book, you give it to the assistant the senator.
Speaker 2: Correct, because the senator is going to leave it on the table something.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if the assistant reads it, if the assistant likes it, if Sherry likes Wisdom Harbor, she'll be bugging you about it from now when Jesus comes.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: That's kind of like if I need Greg to do anything, I text leysolutely.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I've even learned this, and you'll you'll learn this too, because right now neither boy's married yet, right, correct, You'll learn when everybody here knows this, when they get married, talking to them is a complete You now have a way to get information because you just simply text the wife. Oh yeah, and the wife has everything you need. I literally, right, now am talking to my one of my sons through his wife over the last several days about something coming up this weekend that I need information on involving them. He has yet to respond to a text. She has responded to everyone. Yeah, yeah, oh we do that with their girlfriends. Yeah, if you work through. If you want to make sure that I take the.
Speaker 3: Garbage out to the road on Sunday night, just mention it to Polly and she'll make sure. She tells me her usual ten to twelve times. Yeah, don't forget garbage goes out tonight. Don't forget all the way to the road. Don't forget the garbage tonight when you take the garbage out to the road tonight. Don't forget to get the garbage out of the kitchen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean money And actually Adler's dad wrote a song about it one time, taking on no one knows. Maybe you can figure this out with all your wisdom, harbor and all your research and where things came from? When did this happen? When did men? I mean it's like automatic where the trash people? Oh where did that come from? Oh yeah, where did it start? Where where did this part where the trash people where they take the trash.
Speaker 3: Out because we got the kids to do it, and then when the kids left home, mama wasn't doing it.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, but why why is it automatically the husband that's overseeing that.
Speaker 3: So if you have boys and girls, why is it the boys?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Well, I think I think it's we bring home the bacon and then we take the trash.
Speaker 6: Are you know?
Speaker 5: We bring stuff home and take stuff out of it.
Speaker 3: I had a question for you. I got a question for you. Why does your garbage always wait more than your groceries did?
Speaker 5: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 20: Right.
Speaker 4: It's not a fun, pleasant job. Most time it's gross because it has to deal with trash or whatever. So a lot of times it kind of falls to the mail and hard as heavy.
Speaker 2: We're so strong, all right. So when we come back and and he's just gonna hang out with us a little bit longer, yeah, yeah, yeah, And when you can we come back, we'll take your phone calls unscreened phone calls. So we're all here, including Andy, uh, and we'll find out what's on your mind, America. Andy keeps talking to Speedy about him going to Larry and Carolyn. I'm not quite sure it's real.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Cool? No, and get on the show. One eight eight eight six big bucks.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go America. The gangs all here, including Andy Andrews. Because we just finished be True or BS. A couple of winners. He went three and two. It's not bad, Polly'll feel better about it. And he got a couple of you and you were three and oh and lost the last two.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, because y'all made me do the last two.
Speaker 4: It's like, you got through the third inning and things were going, and you got like two outs in the fourth and they started hitting you and they were like, so we made a mound visit.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's like, if you if you just nudge above that four hundred batting average, y'all should quit in the middle of the game.
Speaker 2: You're right, you're right, you're right. So the phones we go, Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 22: Hey, yeah, I don't understand where By keeps fighting over there by Ron. I want to tell her about he's fighting. I can't just be nice to each other.
Speaker 2: That's a fake voice. Hi, boys and girls surprised Dad not the genuine article? Yeah that was I didn't follow that, but I gave you your shot rich show. Yeah, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Hey guy, Hey, uh, I got I got some things I want to ask if you give me now. I got one question that's from Jess Speedy. Scenario one. Scenario one Speedy, when he gets there, make sure the windows are not nailed shut or screwed down from the outside, to make sure there's not a padlot going down in the basement.
Speaker 13: And three, why if there's one toilet.
Speaker 14: And it's right there in the living room area, how is he gonna handle that?
Speaker 2: Good question?
Speaker 4: Great questions A loves truck stop on exit forty something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, run to kid, you'll have to go to the restroom. House state their house that long?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did say. And then by the way, they're texting me just now and they're serious. Addler, I'll give you their number. Larry wants you to call him after the show.
Speaker 3: Take your wife because if you start kissing, they'll come in with a chainsaw.
Speaker 2: What if you if you're going there and like Larry comes, I said, do not go in there, and he's Beth Moents. I don't know. I turned into.
Speaker 4: They did say the guest bedroom had its own bathroom. Okay, so you know, go in there and.
Speaker 2: We should have let Larry do yes or be true? Oh, we should have just job buddy, and we've told them that you'll come next month. Yeah, okay's scoping out for you.
Speaker 4: This is from Larry can Adler. Please call us when the show is over. Need to talk to him. All fair, Thank you, So I'll give you by the way, they think you're going to get these photos for him somehow.
Speaker 7: I don't know what this is.
Speaker 3: You going with speed if you because you'll be mooning his grass in the morning.
Speaker 6: Yep, yeah yeah, happy, be alive and a lot of the episode today.
Speaker 2: Just a quick call.
Speaker 6: I'm very busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll give it to him. Yeah. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning. This is for all the fellow Andy Griffith watchers. There's a streaming service called Pluto and they have twenty four to seven Andy griffithsay.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's where I'll go when I die.
Speaker 2: Yes, we worked with Pluto for a little while. Yeah, uh yeah, yeah for years.
Speaker 5: Rick, So Andy, you're going to Andy, You're going to Pluto. That's and Greg's going to Ranus.
Speaker 2: I was wondering how you're going to work that in.
Speaker 8: That's good.
Speaker 2: We continue, Rick Burgers Show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Dy, I know you're like, uh, besprov goal and find a deal everywhere, but please don't go to snooping through Carolyn and Larry stuff. Just keep your hands out of Carolyn's yours.
Speaker 3: Okay, A long way home?
Speaker 2: That long way phone calls, that's a long while. You never know where these Hello. Rick Birger's show on screen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 18: Hey, okay, so I wanted to know have you guys watched The Chosen on Amazon Prime and what do you think about it, like just the whole premise of the show. And did you know that it is currently number two streaming in the country.
Speaker 2: I didn't, you know. I know when it when it first started, I was really into it, and you know, it was the viewer funded. I thought that was a brilliant idea. I thought the quality of it was exceeded, you know, because let's face it, sometimes when when people make a run at this, it can be poorly done. Uh so, I think they've done a good job. If I'm being completely transparent and I have no agenda, I'm just being for some reason, I just kind of lost interest in it me too, and I haven't watched it probably since season three. We watched some of it fives out now, I think, yeah, I watch some and it's one of those things that I don't have. I didn't like, get upset or don't want to watch it anymore. I don't know what happened. I just I just kind of and I see now Amazon Primes got it, and I think that's helped them. They've been able to do a couple of episodes in theaters.
Speaker 3: I think there's season three where they fed the five thousand and I freeze from it. I counted, and there weren't five thousands interest. After that, I thought, if they're not going to make this thing real, you got them.
Speaker 7: I call them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's like if you can't do no better than that. But I think it's done a lot of good. I think it's you know, they started getting into to me, they were chasing you know, I'm okay with artistic freedoms, you know. To me, I never think that the word of God needs anything. I think when you read what God inspired in these books, it's better than any movie anybody's ever put together. There's there's magnificent things in there. And when we start like, uh, but what about what do you think Peter and his wife maybe they had some trouble and all this, and I'm kind of like, I want to get back to the next thing. Jesus did you know? And how they dealt that? To me, all that was intriguing enough to me. I understood there was a Their goal was to make these disciples, make us realize they're just every day guys. And I respect that and that's great. But some of the some of that, to me, started being more prominent than here's the name. Because I thought the way they shot some of the miracles and the reaction of people to Jesus doing these incredible miracles, it moved me deeply. I love that.
Speaker 3: I was really really moved by season one. H and then I liked Season two, but I didn't think it was as good as season one. And then I haven't watched. I've kind of kept up.
Speaker 2: But I just I hesitate.
Speaker 3: It just makes me feel a little creepy with Hey, we can we can make T shirts out of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I know they do that and try to raise money and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So I think at this point we're past raising money.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So I don't really have a reason that I haven't stopped watching it.
Speaker 20: I just have.
Speaker 2: But but I understand this season five is supposed to be riveting, but but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: Still reading about it.
Speaker 2: I saw some of the first episode. Why are you squinting? I didn't finish. I mean, I'm gonna go back finshing. That wouldn't call that riveting and you won't like conscious pilot. Okay, this is the.
Speaker 1: Rick Burgers Show. You better listen up.
Speaker 7: You know what we say. Loss, I'm in an you gotta find us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, broadcasting from the world, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Now about it, America brand you I were Have you missed any of the show today? No problem?
Speaker 16: No problem?
Speaker 2: Archive every day? Yeah? Are you following our podcast? Archive every day? Go to wherever you get podcasts, sirch Rick Burges's show, then follow that and then the best of our and the full show arch I will You'll get an alert when it's ready every day and never miss a moment. Go back and enjoy some of you you might have called that you want to hear again or share with somebody. We also have a you to barchive as well. The best of our is available to Blaze TV viewers also. All right, so as we start this hour Speedy Greg Adler all here, we're we're less than an hour of Speedy heading on his latest adventure. And some people are saying that really would like us to change it from Larry Quest to patch Quest, but you know it's all the same. Here's from email, Speedy, are you legitimately coming to Dublin if this is not theater of the mine? And I really hate to spring this on you, but I would love to meet you and take you out to lunch if you've got time in the schedule. Sorry, and if you're comfortable with that. Let me say this to the to the email, He's going to spend the night with people he's never met. This is nothing, Yeah, this is nothing. On the back end, I do have to get back. I'm hoping by lunchtime I'm halfway home, because I what about today today, Today, at lunchtime, I'm gonna be halfway there. Yeah, what you're saying, at best meet you this sounds good. Of course, it could be a diversion. I could meet you at the church office or one of our good places here in town. I just want to offer and be a blessing. Oh well, that's very kind. And he looks like he's the student minister of a church. Thank you for the email. Oh, I appreciate that. I just don't know with you know, I'm pulling in. I'm going straight to their house. Here's another one, Hey, Speedy, hate Speedy. On your way to Dublin. I'll be waiting for you at the Georgia Rest. Stop it that that's Charlie. Oh I like the sound of that. Oh, I'm gonna yeah something else. All fun, isn't it, guys? Huh? All fun? Here's a good one.
Speaker 5: All fun.
Speaker 2: And somebody goes missing, it ain't fun. It's all fund. If somebod is tied up, it's all fun.
Speaker 5: You get eaten, So it's Funnil Speedy's on a milk carton, all right?
Speaker 2: What if something happened? People play this back, y'all yucking it up that bad taste. But but will have a full report tomorrow. Spity Live from from Dublin and Larry just Larry, just emailed me wants you to call him all right from here. You keep it up, I'm gonna give him yourself. I will say this one thing I've noticed about Larry. If he gets slocked in on something, he's pretty demanding. He's pretty demanding, which which could be something to be a little bit concerned about. Do we have bad weather in that area tonight? I love if you had to shelter in place, if I could go out with bicycle helmets cat because I don't want to whole I tell you people, I know, well, just let's just go do it. People tired of hearing about it? All right, good are here we I love the build up. I've enjoyed it the most.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's like vacation. Like we did a survey yesterday. The build up is the best it is. Well, you were, I was on vacation.
Speaker 2: I was noticing too. One of the things about text Nation, which is brand new. You know, text Nation is brand new. We've only we haven't even really been dealing with it for a year, okay, because I know it started toward the end of the last year of the Rick and Bubba Show. But this is all new. Well, this instant feedback, which is what it's maddening because as you were saying, you were crazy the other day, because it is we love, we love we had Yeah, so everything, I mean, it's constant, and you can't get a feel because somebody that there, they'll just go one eighty from each other. Oh, it's amazing. So here's what's happened to me today. Yesterday it was Rick, your shirt's too tight? Today? Rick, will you got one of your fat shirts on? I mean, no matter what you do. Yeah, and how about this, they're gonna comment on what we have on every single day, every day, every single day, which we all do that we started that. Yeah, hey that shirt is a little tight on you, birch. What'd you do good when you fat shirts out?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, split the difference? Where though? How does it land? These are two different soigns between two between between I guess I'm between two sons. I guess I'm just different. I don't check y'all out. I mean, I'm not sitting I caught you looking at I say, you get you. You didn't notice scraped shirt? But you watch him when he walked away. I don't, So I guess I don't notice those little people dressed like clowns. I normally notice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, you're the reason why we all talk about it, the one, the one that brought it up.
Speaker 2: By the way, what you're wearing today, Yeah, let me tell you text Nation. I'm loving that right there. What what if we go live to them and there's he and Lar're sitting there in their groupies. I shouldn't breakfast trying to figure out if I need to to smoke a black and mild with him. Yeah, of course it hurt. You just don't inhale it. Yeah. Hey, one thing about text to you, and Speedy was the first person who points this out. Just because it's on there doesn't mean it's true. No, it's about on the vent or something and we're like that, Oh, well look what happened. Maybe not? Yeah, I just saw a minute ago to tell you. Sure we didn't really bomb. I ran it's all fake. Knew we knew that was coming. The flat Earth people started.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so it's real and in twenty four hours I should know how it went. Uh, if you're listening live, you know, because I'm assuming you know that y'all want us for you know a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely there's a little nervous about how his voice sounds on the radio.
Speaker 4: But I thought I work with him on that, with a man with a thousand boys, I'm I'm gonna tell him how you can throw it.
Speaker 2: But don't you think I reassured him on it? Yeah? I work with him on air.
Speaker 4: That's uniquely Larry. That's what makes him Larry. That and his his obsession with patches and sleds, that's what makes everything really Karen, Karen's a little sweet soul. She's there just laughing. And Carolyn said, I just said, Karen, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I just said I thought you did.
Speaker 5: You said, Karen, I Didn'tis Carolyn you're staying in her house tonight?
Speaker 2: You should not, said Carolyn? When you do? And what is he gonna say when he's done, Adler? When he tries to thank them, thank them, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. You know the fact I'm going that should be enough for it really should be, really should but you know it's not. I'm so thankful that I got to spend this time. Let me tell you what it's like in here.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: In here, Speedy, it's not enough. Did you find the eye. I'm tackled. Everybody has to spear you on the ground everywhere.
Speaker 7: Let me up.
Speaker 2: That's worth something I need to check. Please don't send me to it. But but if all of a sudden, the day that we introduced ourselves to these wonderful people, if I had gone in there on the voicemail, I'm kidding, y'all know this, And here's what I would have got. Yes, hello there, Rick, my name is Larry. I'm living in Dublin, Georgia. And yeah, I'd love for somebody to call me back. I'd like to talk about something with a collection. There was a news story done on me. I would never I would have ever thought you in there. You know what I would hit three to delete. Yep, that's what I would have done. So it was Larry's voice and personality that made all this hass right, and don't take away the charm.
Speaker 4: No, If I told y'all, if I gave you three times for three options to their house from here, current time, okay, tell me if the difference is warrants going the longest route, okay, you got the fastest route is four hours and twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound good. The medium is four forty one. The longest is five o seven. Can't avoid that one.
Speaker 4: That one is the one that takes you around Atlanta is the longest. It takes you down towards Montgomery and over traffic traffic four to twenty five is the fastest. And that has you going to Atlanta and just going seventy five sounds? Is there an option you seventy five sours? That's not a bad pig, buddy. You don't know everything about it, wow, because.
Speaker 2: You're not going to go in that area that we were at right, You'll you'll, you'll, you'll turn off before right. I think you're not going to go like going far past. Let me let me tell you what I what I think about it. I got to work lunch somewhere. Let me tell what I think about it. Is I tell what You're thankful that you're going? Yeah, and I don't go. I want you to. I want you to think about I want you to think about this. Got me like some fat tongue. You're not going all the way. You're not going all the way into Atlanta. Here's what I would do. I would set for the shortest and then I would watch it and if it starts telling me you'll have a twenty minute delay. Did I go to the one? Start on the short one? I can't remember, see if it lengthens. Excuse me. There's a way before you get anywhere near around Douglas Well that you can come behind everything. But I can't remember how to just yeah, thank you about it. I can't hear what I'm gonna why we brought it up. I'm afraid to send you that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I've gotten some helpful emails from people that are actually considerate thinking about me, not hoping I get eating.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be right back hoping.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, still denying any involvement in the food fights of nineteen seventy nine. Rick Burgess, here.
Speaker 2: There we go, Thanks for being with us today, America, as we unpack another way. All right, So, getting a lot of emails about this. Had a had another one yesterday. Shopmando dot com and yeah, for good reason, aluminum free. But these these deodorants and are designed for men. Men mental thump, We'll kick So Shopmando dot Com. From your pits to your toes, you can have confidence that you're fresh, you don't stink you're not thumping. Seventy two hour protection, so Mando is ready to tackle odors even before they start. It was created to be a high performance deodorant for the whole body. It's safe. Also, science based formula pH optimize capable of blocking odors before they ever start. As I mentioned, a lot of deodorance out there, they'll mask, they don't last very long. A lot of them have aluminum. We're talking about the power of mandelic acid, clinically proven to work all day long, hypo allergenic, skin safe. So why don't you go down to Shopmando dot com. Fellas twenty percent off and guess what else? We get free shipping. Why wouldn't you do that? Shopmando dot com, The Coaches, Big Vox twenty percent off site wide. There's also a link Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors if you want to keep up with Speedy today and it just dawned on him how much water he's been drinking during the show. Yeah, I forgot to pull back on it. Yep, should have. Uh, So you get your stop stretch out a little bit so he will be updating you via his Instagram, So follow Speedy on his story Today news headlines Watch the at what at Calvin at Speedy at Calvin Speedy on Instagram headline team with unnamed condition can't eat any food, Eat any food now, baffling doctors worldwide. They can't figure out what that's wrong with this kid. Can't eat food. That's a problem. A teenager unable to eat any food at all, has a condition that is so rare. None doctor said, they haven't found anyone else with the same ailment. So you're the only person in the world. Wow. Finley Rnson, fourteen years old, was born with an extreme response to all food. His body reacts as if it was a virus, causing him to bleed internally. Wow, good night. That ain't good. So it's a rare condition where he cannot have any fat of any kind in his stomach. And it says it's impacted my life. He's talking now, as I've not been able to eat any food or drink anything other than water. Oh. Man, His digestive system cannot tolerate lipids, which are fatty compounds or oils that are found in food. Oh, how about you have something? And they go. As far as we know, we can't find anybody else that has nobody, nobody and they last future whatever. So he's from England. He's been in a London hospital. He was taken there when he was four, and they have found a way to put a central line fed different nutrients and minerals and they put this straight into his heart. Oh Man said it was a game changer and he started putting on weight and became a happy, bouncing little boy at that point. But this is they have not found a way to solve it, and it says we're unsure what the future looks like. It says we have to buy pass and get his body nutrients. We have to bypass the gastro intestinal track completely. Wow, man or kid tough.
Speaker 6: I can't believe he's made it this long.
Speaker 2: I mean that no Fritters think about that, Greg. I think the things he misses out on this reminds me.
Speaker 7: I want.
Speaker 5: I remember watching a video when I was a kid of this this family that had two kids that were allergic to sunlight. What and like they had to dress them in like special space like outfits for them to be able to go play and run outside. And it's like super rare.
Speaker 2: So what's the what's the boy in the bubble situation. John Travalday that, by the way, one of the funniest Seinfeld episodes boy, because they're so irreverent. Of course that show couldn't be on the air now because nothing's funny anymore. But when and they out there and the boy in the bubble was a jerky Yeah, he was just pretty.
Speaker 5: Much a I'm sorry, it's the moops.
Speaker 8: And so uh.
Speaker 1: That was that.
Speaker 2: But so what they have, certainly what is their situation the the Bubble kids, is.
Speaker 5: That all the bubble boy David Vedder and he was an American boy with severe combined immuno deficiency.
Speaker 2: So everything could kill him, right, Yeah, he couldn't couldn't fight anything.
Speaker 6: Anything could kill you. Weakens the immune system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at the end of that movie, Johns would have walked out but in a bubble sea, no huh. In the end he steps out. I know it wasn't based on it. It was inspired, but he just get tired of inside. I'd rather do this that he liked was out there, and he walked out there and that's how it ended. So it took him out, No, it just showed, it didn't show. But he assumed that you assume that that he chose to have. He chose to have a moment with her, then to live, to remembers the hands that he had out grown. Then they kissed through the bubble. Once they did, it's weird, go to the beach on the bubble.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Jake Jillenhall, he was in the movie Bubble Boy.
Speaker 2: That was a little different, a little different, a little different.
Speaker 6: That wasn't a serious of a take on it.
Speaker 2: So the John Travolta was one of them made for TV movies. Greg, I remember it.
Speaker 5: Oh, the boy in the Plastic Bubble. Yeah, Oh, here he is in his space.
Speaker 6: Suits stepping out.
Speaker 2: Look at that yep, yep. And I remember that.
Speaker 6: Kissing through the so hot Uh so.
Speaker 2: This was before Saturday Night Fever in Greece. The major role is the boy in the Plastic Bubble. Well, you know, Greg has gone from being you know, Maynard Jackson, you know for the mayor of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: And now.
Speaker 2: How did you say his name of the famous Uh think was that?
Speaker 9: Was it?
Speaker 2: Maynard Jackson? I think it was like that. And so now Greg has become the John travote to ba Bao. John's had quite a career, he has where do you where do you put him in? Like, hey, he's in something, I will give it a little Well, you know, now he's done gotten kind of like Nicholas case. He's in so many I mean Rick the one he was in that that was based at the tal they could nerd track. Yah. Did you ever say that now it was any good? Not really? But I mean if they failed the whole thing right now, what is he doing in it? He's a he's a race car driver. He took that the best one when he's aligneman. Well that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the line I use all that great.
Speaker 2: That's about you. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Go behind the scene of the Rick Burgess Show by watching Tales from the Camp House No on the Rick Burgess YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Five episodes you can enjoy on your own time. Evergreen, thanks for being with us Today Wednesday Bible Study Back Today noon Central, one o'clock Eastern walking through the provocative Book of Job Today, chapter nineteenth. You can catch the archive but later in the day if that's better for you, on the YouTube our podcast champ Okay, So I man, I don't know looking at this story, Adder, this seems creepy this one. I didn't know this was going on. Apparently there is a Brazilian tourist that's been missing on Mount rin Johanna, careful, I know, I know when I saw that, I thought on the mountain. I'm gonna say, n Janna, that's better. That sounds almost worse, doesn't it. But anyway, since Friday. Now here's the.
Speaker 5: Said Johnny, Johnny, let's say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, h Johnny, but I've been missing since Friday. Now this actually doesn't sound good at all. Now I'm gonna read this next line. And we do have the video, but I don't know that I want to hear this. You can hear her cries in the video. Been missing on Indonesia's Mount this mountain since Friday. She fell about three hundred meters here. Here's what you're gonna hate. Speedy rescue teams hear her. Oh, and they've spotted her using a drone, but the rough terrain and bad weather they can't get to her. Oh, this is so sorry.
Speaker 5: This is a view from up on the trail that she fell from. You're going to hear people yelling down to her.
Speaker 6: You can bear.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can barely even hear her. Okay, you can hear the people up top yelling down to her. And y'all an't gonna believe how far away she is at the edge of this live volcano. And she was just a tourist, a tourist.
Speaker 6: She slipped and fell and she got stuck.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, the rescuers know everything, and the cameras zooming out there. She she's down. That's actually a down view. They're up on the hill looking down into the volcano.
Speaker 2: No, you're not, you're far away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, see there you go there up on the ledge.
Speaker 2: There is that where she fell.
Speaker 5: She fell from that trail up there. She slid down, she tumbled down.
Speaker 2: She's the dot in the middle right there, got it?
Speaker 5: And why can't it's incredibly steep still, she couldn't walk back up it. It's incredibly steep for them.
Speaker 2: To Was that her?
Speaker 7: Just there?
Speaker 13: Was that her?
Speaker 2: She just you could hear something.
Speaker 5: Well, there's lots of people up on the ridge there. Unfortunately, she she did pass away.
Speaker 2: Oh she did. Thank well, my goodness, And I didn't know that you had the end. Gonna play the hot air balloon video.
Speaker 6: Next, Yeah, Oh, my goodness, the Hot air balloon.
Speaker 2: Did you'll see that.
Speaker 5: I've never been in a hot air balloon, but that doesn't make me want to get in one.
Speaker 2: I have been in one. I don't want to be in there. And like I said, it's on my list of things that look fun. But aren't you know that list I have, paddle boats.
Speaker 8: Are on it.
Speaker 5: Not to brush over this, but the young Brazilian hiker, she fell hundreds of meters for days. Millions of people in Brazil watched and posted and it was documented on social media.
Speaker 6: The She was a twenty six year old.
Speaker 5: And she was summoning the mount and because like you guys said, of the weather, it was incredibly harsh terrain and and they couldn't.
Speaker 6: They couldn't get to her. So she just from being out in the elements.
Speaker 1: That's what got her.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, thanks, ed, Thanks.
Speaker 5: And it makes me think, have you all been to the Gray before?
Speaker 2: I mean, it actually happens.
Speaker 5: Multiple people die every year at the Grand Canyon. Well, and I mean you're just right there, You're just looking over the edge of a football stadium.
Speaker 4: Like we've done stories a lot where people just want to get to the edge and take a selfie or take that and I'm not saying this case here, but there's always something tragic that happens because I got to get closer.
Speaker 2: Same thing with the bison and animals. I got to get closer. I got to get many more people don't do that have to be injured or nearly injured by bison for us to get this clue. And I will tell you that. So Brody and his friends they went to the Grand Canyon, and you know, this is live three sixty world we live in now. Kind of thankful we didn't have it when I was young, but I'm glad all this did exists. But so you know, we can find his location as long as his phone's with him. Well, Sherry had said to him emphatically before they left, I'm fine with y'all going have a great trip. Do not be stupid and get on these edges, you know, stay where they have you, stay behind what, don't do anything stupid. So we're sitting there and Sherry goes, I'm gonna pull up Lot three sixty, and she looks, and she sees that Brody is too close to the edge for her. Look where he is, and she pulls it up all of a sudden, like Brody's like hello, She's like, you need to back up. He's like, how did you know this?
Speaker 8: You know it?
Speaker 2: And so we zeroed in and got him on Life three sixty Stop.
Speaker 5: Sudden music, music satellites to see you're too close to the Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the problem is Sherry is mortified of heights, and she's mortified of anything that has a big drop off. Now, if it slopes down, she can be okay, but if it's a cliff, she's an anti cliff height. I mean, no, guys, whatever you're thinking, double it, okay, okay, so like, but unfortunately when we go places. We went to Hawaii and went up on the volcano to come down with the bikes. Well, she doesn't realize we're gonna get on the bus and do these winding roads with cliffs, and of course she's coming completely apart. Everybody on the bus. I'm like, she's good, she's gonna be all right, thank you, okay, thank y'all for she's fine, and you know, and everybody's like help her, and I'm like, she's all right. So we get up there to get the bikes, you know, and you we're on the very top. But Sherry will try to protect other people. No, no, no, no, no, no no, did you get out there? And finally a woman goes, hey, man, what is your problem the door don't get y'all need to back up, And I'm like, baby, you don't interfere with other people's vacations. You're not the safety ranger up here. Oh she can't. She uncontrollably pulled to go away from edges. She gets worried, and one person didn't want to be pulled away. I mean, the person thought they were perfectly safe, and she was like, oh, you got to come back. She becomes them inside like she gets anxious and nervous for him. I'm like, I'm like, honey, you can't. You can't. You can't move people back from the edge, and and where she won't. She was unreasonable. Oh way back there, they're not in danger. Okay, can't. But if you get anywhere near it, she she will say something, I'm not baby, we really shouldn't be telling other people.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: If you see somebody doing something really they're about to fall, that's fine, but your your safety air, your buffer zone is unreasonable. Okay, baby, you're standing back here by the car where we parked. This is when people can go further than this.
Speaker 5: This was shocking too. I was talking about getting close to the ledges. This was shocking to me. This is when my wife and I went to the Grand Canyon and you can see here we're walking along. Look, this is the trail that we're on. If you keep walking there, you are you die if you fall down there.
Speaker 2: If Sherry went with y'all, not only would she not do that, she would keep everybody from doing it.
Speaker 5: And what's what's terrible is when you're on the trail you have to stay on the left.
Speaker 13: What was that.
Speaker 5: That's from my podcast when my wife It is from back years ago before I kids out of podcast and everything. Yes, this is what got me on the van. I ranted the rent of the van to make sure I really wanted a van, and so we did the We did the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 6: And guys, when you're walking down.
Speaker 5: The path, you have to look look look at the drop drop right there, Yes, there's the drop, and you have to you have to get you have to stay to the right. So at times when you're coming if somebody's coming up the trail, which happens all the time, you have to go on the cliff side and they're on the wall side, and so for a split second of time, there's a person that can just kill you.
Speaker 6: You see what I'm saying, Like, shove and you're done.
Speaker 2: I wondered if I ever going to the Grand Canyon. I just saw that I'm not.
Speaker 5: That was the That was the biggest That was the biggest test for me. When people had to go to my left and I'm on the right, I'm like, I on them as they're passing me because I'm like, does that person look like they're kind of mad at the world, Like are they out to kill anybody? Because nerve racking nerve nerve wracking.
Speaker 2: People are talking about, you know, cherry will go over cherry will go over road over ropes at museums and things like that. Shore has no boundaries. Sure, if they didn't want her to touch the exhibitation, need to put a little cliff right there near put it on a cliff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the way that is, I didn't know that. One little stumble and you're done. Yes, that's pretty that's close. That's very close. And the height issue too. He didn't like going into hotels above like the night the floor. Yeah, and I'm like, okay, that's a little different than walking the trail.
Speaker 5: You're on Adler and if you stay at the rim, there's guardrails and fences. This is if you actually go to the trailhead and go down into the canyon.
Speaker 2: I'd never see it. I would never see it. I never even have a chance.
Speaker 5: So you can go to the Grand Canyon for afraid of heights, stay behind rails and stay up at the you know, the lodges, and then there's patios and it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Are you glad that you walked the trail? Yes, we have.
Speaker 7: We have.
Speaker 2: Sherry goes this far. If we're going somewhere, she'll examine the terrain and she'll go, I don't know about that. It's like, that's like we're gonna be one in the mountain roads.
Speaker 5: It's smart.
Speaker 2: And she said, I don't like if there's a cliff on this side, she won't even be in the car. There's a cliff. Really, Oh, she'll laying the foreboard. I'm absolutely she cannot. She does not do cliffs.
Speaker 6: I thought this was cliff city was I was nervous on it. So that's so sad about that girl. And wow, you gotta be careful watch a step.
Speaker 5: All right, there you go.
Speaker 6: That's for you, right.
Speaker 2: You know, really, if you end up on the plane with us, go into a place with cliffs. I make sure everybody's organized getting on and off the plane, and to make sure nobody goes near the cliff. Boy, we run that whole thing.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who removed the phrase what's your new good from society weakches.
Speaker 2: It is the Rick Burders Show with Speedee, Greg Adler, the gang all here. We've had a blast today. All right, So father and I are kind of looking at this story. Are you all familiar with the liver King? The liver King, this guy that has the show he eats like.
Speaker 8: Some of that.
Speaker 2: You remember the liver King? Grin? Yeah, I started. There's a special about it, didn't you Wen't you a fraud? Yes, taking steroids and act like what.
Speaker 6: Yes, his whole empire fell because of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I didn't know that, all right, So he was exposed as a fraud.
Speaker 19: He was.
Speaker 2: He would eat some gross stuff too, Boy.
Speaker 5: He'd eat like bone, marrow, raw and all kinds of you know, but he was.
Speaker 2: A fake livers. He was the liver King, all right, so yeah, so.
Speaker 5: He was huge. The whole thing was I'm not juicing, I'm all natural, and he.
Speaker 2: Was juicy, and he was totally juicy, and you ate all kinds of gross. Now he's got people eating liver and all this kind.
Speaker 6: Of stuff was a fake, right, He was a fake. He was a fraud.
Speaker 2: And he wasn't even like cook liver. I wouldn't eat liver. He eat it right out of the animal. Wow, he would cut it out, all right. So he's now been arrested for terroristic threat after calling out Joe Rogan and some bizarre Instagram video. Uh there you calling him the controversial fitness influencer Brian Johnson thought he's saying crazy DC. Different guy, different guy. But so apparently he threatened Joe Rogan. Yeah yeah, I'm sure Rogan dogged him out about it.
Speaker 5: Well when when he was at his top. The whole thing was is liver king juicing. And as a guy that has to talk about this all the time because in sports, juicing is a really big deal and in the UFC, if you're juicing, you have a huge advantage and you can hurt people all that. So Rogan kind of talks about that already. He talks about supplements all the time. He's very honest about what he takes, so that adds to it. And Rogan was like, that guy has the body of a guy on steroids, which he did. He had the steroid kind of gut bloat that comes with takings to those steroids. And so his whole liver King's whole kingdom comes crashing down after it's revealed that he's he was spending like ten grand a month on steroids.
Speaker 2: So why is he just now threatening Rogan?
Speaker 6: He is having a mental break.
Speaker 2: Because of the steroids. Probably real. Roy rage is very real. There's a whole special on this on Netflix. Yes, oh really, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 6: They did it one off, just like the the one off on Brett Favre.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, and seven watch the one on Brett.
Speaker 6: Just don't want to.
Speaker 2: It's pain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't want to see your friend get bashed like that, but it's it's it's pretty obvious that the liver King is having some kind of mental break.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately he is.
Speaker 2: Is this him with the beard? Yes, he's a month And I.
Speaker 12: Kind of hope that if you win, that's how it happens because like to wake up from that dream.
Speaker 2: That's a good feeling. And then anything else that you could break on me.
Speaker 6: Talking about Joe breaking on me.
Speaker 12: I hope that you won't feel me tapped. That's never happening tapping because I have something actually to fight for. Actually, that's my family. I have a principle to fight for.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm uh. Oh, well, what if he actually does what he's saying?
Speaker 7: What if?
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 1: That would be interesting.
Speaker 5: So it's just lots of yah.
Speaker 2: But they've arrested him. He's been arrested by the Austin Police, uh and charge with terroristic threat. Yeah, because of this bizarre video. And so they come, they're coming to get him, right, Yeah, they cuffed him up. Yeah, he's cuffed and stuff. I know, still wear the hood and the hoodie like the hood there it goes.
Speaker 6: Well, he is kind of balding, which you know whatever, who cares?
Speaker 2: Well, the reason why we have this now thing terroristic threat, the reason why this stuff is serious and you know we know about this and I'll leave it at that. But now, when you go on social media, even if you are just mad or whatever and you're not going to do anything, you can incite people anywhere you know that they're not as stable, you know what I mean. And even if you don't mean anything by it, or you're just angry and you say things that are irresponsible, the reason why they now have this new charge is you could be on your Facebook page, you could be on Instagram, you could be on whatever tik talk, but you could incite anybody you know, and and that's why they're starting to give people some sort of way to stop this. So so anyway, so that's also we had Bernie Sanders was owned with Joe Rogan uh and in two A here he's also he's a lot of lever. Yes he doesn't, but we don't know that. Rogan kind of went after him a few times and we correct him. This one is about Elin, but he also went after him on global warming. Man made global warming too, which you know Rogan, I think it's credit to him. He just kind of takes these things out and researches them and doesn't really buy anybody's view and kind of goes out and sees if it's and investigates them. But here he is talking to Bernie about Elon Musk because Bernie has been critical of Eline of course.
Speaker 3: The result of that decision.
Speaker 20: Let's take us to where we are today, is that Elon Musk and I know Elon was on your show and he's here at Loston. Huh yeah, okay, And we can talk about a lot. But he spent two hundred and seventy million dollars to elect Trump as president. Okay, I think that's absurd that any one person.
Speaker 2: What's the most someone donated towards the Harris campaign.
Speaker 20: They spent a lot of money on Harris's We spent.
Speaker 3: One point five billion dollars just in the course of a couple of months.
Speaker 2: You got it, all right, let me talk about it.
Speaker 20: So I'm not here just to say it's a republic and that's my point to you.
Speaker 6: Right, okay, yeah, you changed you changed your point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my point.
Speaker 6: Now that's my point.
Speaker 2: Oh you did your homework. I'm sorry I didn't realize it. Yeah yeah. So, uh, Bernie's looking good. I want to ask you guys, who's on weird shows. I know we're running at of time. Maybe I may I don't have enough time, But have any of you seen this show called the Rehearsal?
Speaker 6: I know it's heard.
Speaker 2: You tell me about it. I think it was all fair though, right, it was allfair. Yeah. Yeah, I've had somebody tell me you're either going to hate this with a passion, are you gonna You're gonna find it to be some of the most intriguing programming. I saw one episode of it, okay, and I can't believe what I'm seeing.
Speaker 5: So Nathan Fielder is this guy who behind this show. He had a show on Comedy Central called Nathan for You.
Speaker 2: You can never saw that, okay.
Speaker 5: I would recommend that show over the rehearsal. The rehearsal is at times fifteen minutes between jokes at times. This guy, Nathan Fielder, he's very funny, but he's very odd. And in this most recent show on HBO, he is taking the idea of rehearsing your life so that you do your life. He's taking that to a degree that's.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: You know how you can take a joke so long, even if it's not funny, it becomes funny. But then you can go too long and it becomes unfunny again. That happens at times. If I could recommend anything, I would recommend Nathan for You versus the rehearsal if you like, if you like anything for you check out the arsal.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just, uh, it was funny because the person who told me was, I know you you're gonna either absolutely hate this and are you gonna think this is really creative and unique.
Speaker 5: When he becomes Sully Sullenberger and lives out Sully Sullerenberger's entire life in shooting, including childhood, You're like, what is happening?
Speaker 8: What is going on?
Speaker 2: Thanks for being?
Speaker 1: Which is The Rick Burgess Show