Speaker 1: Apparently even the wokest of the woke can't help but find reality. Believe it or not, a crazy video that will dissect that ultimately concludes with what I think conservatives would agree with. Also, no influencers allowed in a very posh cool store in Nantucket, and believe it or not, influencers are in fact upset crazy California. The now second in command of the California Assembly the Minority Caucus, David Tangiba, will join us and Woke Wednesday, which is obviously a crowd favorite. So much to get to, so little time. My name is Jobob. Thanks so much for tuning in. The show starts right now. Every so often they're one of those videos that you see that you're like this, this is crazy, and also it proves a truth that I believe in only because it's so crazy and idiotic and inane, and that actually gives it some gravitas.
Speaker 2: This is a.
Speaker 1: Weird situation to be in, and every so often these videos come up, and we're gonna play one for you today and discuss it in real time. It's a longer video, but believe me, it'll be worth it because it's confusing, bizarre, and also displays truth, which is exactly what we conservatives are always trying to do. Before we get to that, I got to remind you. TPT at tposa dot com is the email dress send along your thoughts, comments, concerns, even criticisms. Those are welcome in our email inbox. You can also go to our QR code. Scan it on the screen or at the bookends of every commercial break. It'll take you to all of the links really that you'll ever need. I can't imagine a life in which you need more links that exist outside of our QR code. It'll take you to the sponsors of the show. It'll take you to Turningpoint Tonight dot com, where you can check your voter registration because thirty percent of eligible voters are not registered to vote. It'll also take you to all of our social media accounts where you can leave comments, engage with us on the social media. Also see footage that we can't we just don't have time to get to here. It'll also lead you to abundance and fulfillment in life. That's you have to scroll down on the page, but I do think that's in their right producer. Let me put the abundance in full life link there perfect it's really just a link to a church website that actually isn't the case. But now that I'm thinking, I'm thinking about it in real time, we should actually do that because that would actually work out well. So anyways, lost is treind of thought. Scan the QR code, live a full and complete and abundant life with all of the links that you'll ever need, and leave a comment or send an email tptatpustay dot com. And if those comments and emails are gross, vile, disgusting and downright nasty, we actually could read them here on the show, because that's exactly the type of thing that we produce, the content that we do here on the show, speaking of nasty, vile, cruel, and just downright awful, which is I think the the How many times have we transitioned from that? Not not transitioned like that, that's not We're not no, no transitioned torrically segued rhetorically, not the segways that mall cops right around the mall and yell at unruly kids who, by the way, I'm on the side of the mall cop. You're no rhetorical segue a rhetorical transition. I think it's the last like five or six days that the first thing we're talking about is nasty, vile, disgusting and downright horrendous, and so it actually plays into you know what we elicited solicit in our emails. Anyways, pretty much everybody has a podcast nowadays. I just I can't if you were to throw a dart at a crowd, you'd probably hit somebody who has a podcast, because everybody does, and for better or worse, it really just becomes a competition of who can say the craziest thing that'll end up on the internet somewhere. Interestingly enough, and for today's purposes of the show, we've decided to pull one of these crazy podcast clips from a guy named what's his name, Adam Conover. You might remember this guy. He had a TV show for a long time, I believe, called like Adam Ruins Everything, and he went around and like tried to disprove different conspiracies. It turns out he's a radical leftist lunatic. No shock there people in TV like ten years ago that that was kind of the norm for those folks. But now he has a podcast because again, everybody has a stinking podcast. Now, if you're a radical left lunatic, you probably on your podcast feature lots of other people that are radical left lunatics, kind of like an NYU biology professor named Joe Osmond's son. In this clip, he is going to tell an absolutely unhinged story about potential of child rearing with his best friend and her partner and him. Somehow. We don't usually do things like this in terms of formatting these segments, but we're just gonna play small clips at a time and pause intermittently and continue moving forward with it because that's the best way to kind of break down this journey that we're about to be taken on, because it goes from totally insane and in about ninety seconds too. Okay, I think you might be circling the periphery of truth. I think you might actually be pretty close to recognizing something that is actually real, which is crazy in that the woke can get so woke that they turn back to reality, which is a good thing ultimately, but it's evidenced in this video. Let's start it off.
Speaker 3: As sort of my best friend is a woman of color and her partner was white, and we all agreed that she didn't want to raise a white child.
Speaker 4: She felt like she would be isolated.
Speaker 1: Okay, so first off, we start there with unhinged racism, because of course we do, these guys an NYU biology professor, So of course starts with racism. My best friend is a woman of color and her partner is white. I'm assuming lesbians, and it'll be made clear as we go on in the video, but that tends to be the gime, or that's what I would have assumed. Anyway. Now his best friend, who is a person of color, because she's a person of color, gets to say I don't want a white baby. Jim Jeffries, who is a comedian who is way left of me, made a joke about this. His wife is Indian, I think, or some sort of Middle Eastern, and he had a standard routine about this where he said, my wife would go around, and they were pregnant at the time, which is great, congratulations on the child. His wife would go around and say, I hope the baby's not too white. And he was like, this is an exclusive brown privilege. Like he's like he He's like, I, as a white person, can't go I hope the baby's not too brown. That would be an insane thing to say because it's absurdly racist. But the problem is, if you put the shoe on the other foot, it's totally fine and acceptable. This NYU professor's best friend can out loud in public say I just feel weird having a white baby. It's very isolating. But believe it or not, it gets more unhinged when he starts talking about the process of getting a white baby. Is No, it's gonna be cut. I don't know. Just watch all right, I know what's getting interesting, But I want to jump in and remind you about Live on labs. I take supplements. I know you take supplements because unfortunately you can't get all the nutrients that you need from our food supplies, So supplements it is. Now. I know the concern that everybody has with supplements, trying to maintain their vitality, their youthful energy. The concern is that, well, are these things getting absorbed into my body or am I just creating very expensive toilet sewer water. Well, the best way to ensure that your supplements are being absorbed into your body is through lipospheric absorption, which Live on Labs has been doing for twenty years. I am particular cularly impartial to the vitamin C and the magnesium. But really, any supplements you need you can get in the lipospheric absorption form with Live on Labs. Make sure that the supplements that you're taking are actually being absorbed into your body and not just flushed out for lack of a better term. Go to Live on Labs order today, and when you order Live on labs dot com, use the code Joe Bob fifteen job Ob one five fifteen percent off of your entire order Live on labs dot com.
Speaker 4: Back to the program, you know, with a white partner and a white co parent and a white child, and we all agreed on that a long time before, and sort of the dynamics of our situation where I was going to be the sperm donor and co parent, and she was going to give the egg and her partner was going to carry, so we would all have this sort of very cool and queer biological input into child making.
Speaker 1: Okay, in case you weren't following that, this guy, this guy's best friend, woman of color, has a white partner. His sperm was going to then be used to fertilize his best friend, the woman of color, because they had to use her egg because she doesn't want a white baby because she's super racist, and then input it into the white partner to carry it. Sorry that I'm using like hand motions here to describe this, but it's just it's it's it's a web of insanity that is apparently something that they think is like normal and awesome. We were gonna have this super queer, weird family thing dynamic that everybody who I don't know has any sort of rationality would look at and go, what the.
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 1: But interestingly enough, despite all of the crazy lefty queer whatever, even this guy could recognize the human urges within himself that would in fact align with truth, and he starts to make his way to that point right now, you know.
Speaker 4: And then her part and as I had started given up on being a biodad, just my life was not headed in that way, and I kind of only realized how badly I wanted that when it actually became possible. And then similarly, my best friend's partner, as she got closer and closer to implanting a baby that wasn't going to be her biobaby into her body, she was realizing she thought she wanted that but didn't, so I couldn't even mad at that because I sort of was experiencing that same thing.
Speaker 1: You know why you were experiencing the same thing, because that's what normal rational people experience. I hate the qualifiers, like, I never thought it'd be a bio dad. Oh, you mean just just a dad? Right? If you just you know, donate your your fluids to make a kid, you don't get to call yourself a dad.
Speaker 5: You don't get to call yourself a father. You have to actually raise the kid.
Speaker 1: But also, at the same time, saying well, I'm a bio dad is no different than saying I'm just a dad. I hate the qualifiers. I hate when people say biological male, biological feel it's just a man and a woman. It's stupid. But outside of all of that, what he's getting at is actually the truth of human emotion and human feeling going. You know, it wasn't until this was a possibility that I realized how much I actually wanted this. And then the best friend person of colors, wife partner I don't know, says, you know what, this is weird that I'm not carrying my own kid. It's a mixture of my partner's best friend and my partner that I'm carrying, and yes, that's crazy and insane, but also both of these parties are recognizing this is super weird. Now he kind of brings it home right here, and I have some thoughts after that, but ultimately, in ninety seconds, this guy kind of touches what seems to be truth and reality and something that conservatives would probably in a way defend. Launch this last part, you know.
Speaker 4: And so it was this queer utopic. K new like a three way baby and we're all gonna parent and it's gonna be amazing. And then the tensions of our needs are human needs that are messy. Yeah, you know that her desire to be the bio mom and she kind of hated that about herself but needed.
Speaker 1: That because it's true. You can hate whatever you know, nature is right. You can do that, but it doesn't change nature. It's kind of like people that don't believe in God. It's like, well, I mean, you can, you can say that, but that doesn't affect God is a fact of reality, so it doesn't it doesn't really matter that, hey, or you don't believe in all that stuff is real. Is just that's what reality is. And so in this particular case, like so many, the people that think they're smart enough to circumvent norms and human nature and do this queer family trifecta thing. I don't know, is this technically a thruple? I'm not sure. Regardless, you know, ultimately find out at the end of this process, Holy cow, my innate human urges actually supersede the crazy ideology that I've been convinced of believing. And this isn't, you know, shocking at all, because this is how things end up working out, regardless how far off the beaten path you think you're going. The end of the day, human nature doesn't change. Reality doesn't change. And these people found out through this crazy process that, yeah, general human inclinations don't go away. Doesn't matter if you're an NYU biology professor who, by the way, side slight tangent here those people. He's obviously a smart person. I'm not saying that, you know, I'm not saying he's a dumb person. He's probably a relatively smart person. But those people who are very experienced or experts in a specific field for whatever reason, think they can also manipulate morality and ethics, Doctor FAUGI is a very good example of this. Clearly a smart person. We've railed on him for the last week, so you know, take that with a grain of salt. Clearly a smart person, but thinks I'm smarter than everybody else. Therefore I can dictate ethics even though I'm an expert in this, I can dictate morality to all the people. That's where all of this comes from. But ultimately, at the end of the day, given the fact that none of their wants and wishes to have the queerness extremes queer supreme, I don't That's not a word that he used. I just that's how I would categorize it. The supreme queer family could not remove reality from their own literal biological situation. And at the end of the day, that's kind of the whole point of conservatism. Conservatism exists in our modern society, and what we're doing in the conservative movement to let people know that this is the way the world works. Yes, we're always you know, finding I don't want to say finding new truths, but we're finding that the truths remain no matter what happens throughout the rest of the world, and trying to get people to understand that is what the entire conservative movement is about. We're here to conserve the idea that human nature exists, that reality exists, and just because something is old, be it traditions or anything else, doesn't mean that it's wrong. In the modern era, people think that, wow, this this has been around for one hundred and fifty years, Therefore it's clearly outdated. They say that about the Constitution, this has been around for two hundred and what is it after the declarious in two hundred and thirty nine years, so clearly must be wrong. No, these are just the facts of reality that people have to live with, whether they agree with them or not. It's just there. It's probably a little bit more I don't know, esoteric than we usually did here. But I just thought that clip was amazing. It's literally ninety seconds and the guy goes from the most and it's like this journey he's taking you on of just like the what the heck, dude, and ultimately ends up to yeah. And then you know, I realized this is what truly matters, or at least I realized that this matters to me. And the reason for that is because it matters to everyone, all right. TVTTPOSA dot com is the email. We got a fun one here. We've got some really interesting get to the points, really interesting today as well as David Tangipa now the second in command over there in California's minority caucus and not minority like racially like, they have an electoral minority there because Libs control the entire state. Coming up in crazy California. Oh, it's also woke Wednesday. Holy cow, we got a humdinger of a day. Stay tuned scand QRCO. That's gonna come up on your screen. Go to all the websites the sports sponsors of the show, Turning Point Tonight dot com. Make sure you're registered to vote. Go to all of our social media accounts. And I think I believe I said earlier in the show, it'll click in the qrcode will lead you to total and utter fulfillment in life. I'm not sure if that's true, but it's worth a shot.
Speaker 6: Scan the QR code will write back, you're keen to remove the electoral college and do it based on numbers that the quantity of votes free either presidential company.
Speaker 7: And I still can't believe that anybody considers this radical. Like to me, it's the thing radical about thinking of the person who gets the most votes ought to be the winner.
Speaker 1: But I think people haven't thought through.
Speaker 7: How much benefit would come from that we did that. There are so many votes in red and blue states that you couldn't ignore anymore. Like if you were running for president as a Democrat, you'd have to go to Texas. Yeah, and even if Texas is still going to vote mostly for Republicans, you'd have to turn out every Democratic vote you could in Texas. And I just think we'd be so much better off if a Republican and Democratic candidate were competing over Texas, and by the way, new York. Even if New York is definitely going to vote more for Democrats, a Republican candidate would have to come to New York and states from Alaska to Rhode Island. So it's small states too that get ignored. Now would finally be part of this competition. So yeah, elector college for sure. I have a real weird take on this. Here's what I think.
Speaker 1: Sobviously, getting rid of the electoral college is crazy, but that seems to be like a lib mainstay, Like you have to be on the side of yes, so you gotta get rid of the electoral college because the popular vote rap he boota judge is no dummy. He recognizes that in order to win the nomination for twenty twenty eight, which he's clearly gunned for, he has to adhere to that idea of oh, the electoral college is stupid. Now. I actually think the second part of his answer, though, is him giving a warning to other fellow Libs, because he actually makes a good point, but it's not a point that would be advantageous to his political side. See many of the population centers that control the deep blue states like New York and California or even Oregon Washington, the rest of the state is all red. And now you might say, yeah, well, the population centers is where all those votes are. But in actuality, if you were to get rid of the electoral college, and it would be strictly a population based vote, a majority rule type vote for the president, it would fundamentally change the way that presidents run. And just statistically and by the numbers, there are more conservatives in blue states than I there are liberals in red states. Just so we're clear on that. If it were to be strictly a popular vote, and that would be the goal of the campaign. Conservatives would win a lot I'm not saying every time, but they would win a lot more. You know how many voters are in California that don't just don't vote because they're yeah, i'm gonna We're not gonna win in California. So here's the thing. Buddha Jedge knows that. I think he's smart enough to say, yes, I'm for getting rid of this, but then issue a warning guysed as like a positive spin on this. Well, yeah, you know, Democrats would have to go to Texas and Republicans would have to go to California. Yeah, the problem is the math doesn't work on that. I think he knows this would be a terrible idea for Libs. The only way that Libs can actually win is if it stays the electoral college. And yes, we may lose some we may lose the popular vote sometimes, but generally we win the popular He may be thinking that there would be a shoe in to win the popular vote. That's the numbers don't The numbers don't suggest that. I think he realizes this is a bad position, But I have to take it in order to ingratiate myself to my fellow libs as I try to run for twenty twenty eight. Pete's smart and allegedly gay. All Right, tvttvs dot com is the email. If you got thrown off by that last part, I don't know, good luck is TVT is the email? Leave the comment. You can contact us on all the social media accounts by scanning the QR code on the all of the things. And I just say that to set this up that we are going in to get to the point.
Speaker 8: Get to the pond, to get to the phone.
Speaker 1: All Right, a lot of California today, and I see the emails, I see the comments. Why we're talking about California again, it's it is worth the warning to get to It's not a not a regional show. Do we talked to everybody all over the world or all over the country. And because of that, you need to be aware what's going on in California so it doesn't happen to you. This from the California Go study says sixty two percent of California's Medicaid expansion enrollees are likely ineligible. Now, yeah, they're an agile eligible it's illegal. The whole thing is a Ponzi scheme wrapped up in corruption. But at least it's costing taxpayers and estimated ten billion dollars. Paragon Health Institute analysis found that an estimated three point one million California Medicaid expansion enrollees in twenty twenty four, or sixty two percent of the state's entire expansion population, probably don't meet the requirements to be eligible for Medicaid, and that actually costs taxpayers of the federal government ten billion dollars. So it's not just California, it's you, folks, which is why we talk about this. You folks in Oklahoma, or in Kansas, or in Ohio, what name a state, any of the other forty nine states, you are paying an extra ten billion dollars a year to Cammifornia because they illegally, it seems registered three point one million people who are ineligible for this state subsidized healthcare benefit. Why do we talk about California so much? Because the flipping matters, because you need to be aware this is where your tax dollars are going. They go into all of the different reasons as to why people are ineligible. I mean that kind of it's pretty rudimentaries like, hey, yeah, you don't. Actually you make too much money to be included in this program, so therefore you're ineligible, and a bunch of other things. This versus is not a citizen, so they're ineligible to you know, you get the picture. Bottom line is you are spending ten billion dollars to subsidize California registering ineligible Medicaid recipients under their new expansions. So congrats vote them out Californians, and also, you know, encourage your California voters to show up. All right, Moving on, this is kind of interesting from CBS News. Airlines are banning humanoid robots from flights. Why question mark? So earlier this year, Southwest announced a ban in May passengers boarding with robot companions. I feel like there's so much setup that probably needs to get done, we just don't have time for it. Wh who was bringing their robot onto the plane? I just like I want to know who that is. American Airlines instituted a ban on humanoid robots and animal like robots in cabins and check bags effectively July twenty third, and Delta Airlines is the most recent one banned human or animal like robot robotic devices in both cabins and checked luggage in June. Okay, so they're not the most recent one, the most recent one that I heard of. Now, you may be wondering why are we banning robots, and some of the answers could be, well, maybe the robots can because it's their goal to take over the human race, take over the plane, and do whatever they want once they've taken over the plane, and you can't stop them because they're robots.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Actually, unfortunately, the reasoning is way less cool. It's the batteries. Like a lots of the robots have like lithium battery, and so the airplanes are like, you know, correctly, hey, we don't this. We don't want this airplane to burst into flames, so you can't bring your robot. I don't think that'll affect most people. Maybe maybe wealthy pervs who are trying to bring their robotic girlfriend on vacation. Other than that, I think everyone's going to be totally fine with this. But unfortunately, Yeah, the reason for banning humanoid robots is not the fear that they will attack us and drain us of our vital fluids. It is because the batteries and they don't want the batteries, which, again, that's a good ris fine, I'm okay, I'm cool with that, but also not that exciting. What is exciting is going on in Nantucket, a Nantucket shop. This is from the USA today. Nantucket shops say no influencer sign goes viral, prompts backlash because everything pomp prompts backlash. Okay, so here's what this sign looked like. The Four Winds Craft Guild in Nantucket posted a photo that says no Influencers on their Instagram July twenty seventh that immediately went viral. The shop seeks to stop influencers from creating content in their stores. Obviously major backlash because the influencers, the influencers are the narcissists of the day and they do not like to be stifled. One Home decor influencer, Stephanie Hannah, with over four hundred and thirty six thousand followers, commented that she felt uncomfortable and unwelcome after seeing the sign during their first family visit to the island. Too bad, I just sorry, don't care. Also, I would take this to the extreme. Uh, the question obviously can be asked, well, what is an influencer?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 7: What what?
Speaker 1: I don't care? Be broad, hey, Nantucket, Four Winds Craft Guild, be broad with your definition of influencer. You don't like, say, hey, you're you late, you lady with the hat that's too big? Uh, influencer you watch too much Real Housewives and we can tell go buy botox too. They look you all the face that looks like an inflated balloon. Animal influencer, Nope, audio astlla bye bye.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Obviously, companies have the right to review service study ones, which I think they're taking the ability to do. But I actually hope that this. I hope this moves into more stores. I'm tired of seeing kids I don't. I don't really frequent fashion stores, so I guess I don't. Uh of the times that I've been into like an h and M, even like a Kohle's, there still are kids like doing tiktoks in the aisles. Nah, just let's blanket ban on the influencers in the stores. Now, ironically, this Four Winds Craft Guild gotten massive online virality from this, which is what they try to use influencers to do, which makes me think maybe that was the point of all of this, but I still actually stick with the original premise ban all the influencers and use a broad brush when describing influencers. Let us know if you cre tpttbusa dot com. Lastly here and this will lead into our crazy California segment. Heath Flora ousted by the California Assembly GOP after campaign spending revelations. Okay, the bottom line here is that hopefully, hopefully Conservatives continue to be good at policing their own This guy spent eleven thousand dollars in campaigns fun at some bar and grow and there's a lot of different problems coming out against him. And so the California Conservatives say, nope, no more audios Astilla, Bye bye, see you later. And they replaced their minority leader with someone else, which makes the guy who's now the second in command over there at the Conservative caucus there a friend the show, David Tunguip assemblyman from California's gonna come up next. The newly minted second in command of percentage Why it is probably the smallest majority of Conservatives in really any state, but nevertheless it's a success. Conservatives policing their own. Get that guy out of there, too problematic and insert our friends more. I like that. TPTTPUS state dot com is the email a dress sent along your thoughts, commons, concerns, even criticisms. All are welcome at our email inbox. Scandal q RCA, go support the sponsors of the show Turningpoint Tonight dot com, where you can check your voter registration. Thirty percent of people who are eligible to vote are not registered to vote anything else.
Speaker 8: Nope, we'll be right back after the break.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Turning Point tonighttpostate dot com is the email dress. I've never said welcome back. Wow, that's actually kind of fun. Usually we have seats clips that lead us into the segment, so welcome back. It is a new phrase, not often used, but I guess we're using it today. We've we got to take a look at California's poopius state, sorry, the nation's POOPYUS state. California in a fun thing we like to do like once a week called Crazy California. Crazy California where sanity goes to die here with us as always in the Crazy California segment, We've got California State Assemblyman David Tangipa. Dude. Okay, so there's quite a bit going on in California, as there always is, but now specifically around drug use. There's a big report in the California jur or the California Globe talking about the fact that, well, there's no way to track any of the money that's being spent. They basically outline, there's two hundred billion dollars in the state of California going to rehabilitate drug users, and all of the data that is necessary to decide if it's working or not, half of it's missing. Why how is this going to get resolved? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 10: Well, this is a problem that we have here in California is.
Speaker 2: That the way that we measure our metric of success is on spending and it's not on outcomes.
Speaker 10: And when you have.
Speaker 2: The issue of sometimes what I refer to as the San Francisco School District policy of passing, which all they need is a twenty eight percent to have a passing grade, you realize that they have just shifted the bar of what failure.
Speaker 10: Really is and they've lowered it.
Speaker 2: So if you know that you are failing, and if you know that what you're the.
Speaker 10: Money you're spent on is not working.
Speaker 2: All you have to do to justify the continuous spending is to get rid of all the reports, is to actually not know if you're failing. And if you just close a blind eye, then no one can say that you're doing the wrong thing because you just don't know. And what that really creates as an endless money pit, a homeless industrial complex to where they need the problem to justify the spending. And it's why they keep going back to the people of California and saying, well, look, we need more money to solve this issue, because they measure their metric of success on spending and not on outcomes.
Speaker 1: You know, this is the question, the moral internal dilemma that I have so often. I don't know what's stopping me from starting Joe Bob's meth rehabilitation and just accepting, I don't know, a billion dollars from the taxpayers of California and enjoying my nice island vacation lifestyle that I'll probably get from doing that because nobody's checking anyway, except for there's some reporters that are doing so, which is great. The guy guys like Nick Shirley and more recently Chris Ruffo, who has an article, Well, there is an article about the thing that he did, which I'd like you to expand on. That said, California homeless what is it called harm reduction policies, gave us meth pipes. So that's great your thoughts.
Speaker 2: They went undercover to see what was actually happening in this harm reduction And remember that's very important because framing matters more than anything else. You just say it's a good thing, and then you realize what they're really doing is giving homeless people and drug addicts the ability to continuously do drugs. Some of the way that I like to describe the policy that we have in California, it's like the cool parent in high school, and the cool parent in high school give their kids the keys to the car when they know they're going to go drinking and they know that they're going to be at a party with drugs, and the it's like, I love you, I want to be your best friend, go out and do it, gets in an accident, UI and k people. That is how the State of California policies, and it's what is happening right now when we're giving people who are on drugs, and if you are on meth, you are a zombie, if you have been on meth for such a long time. I know that because I come from a family that has people who have been addicted for years. In years and years, there reaches a point where there is no logic in reason. And if somebody was crazy and they thought the toaster was speaking to them, you don't tell them, yes, the toaster is speaking to you. You take away that ability, and then you put them in treatment centers that actually treat the issue, whether it's a mental health issue or it's access to.
Speaker 10: These drugs, you have to pull these tools away.
Speaker 2: But instead California is specifically giving homeless meth addicts the actual tools needed to take the drugs, and as long as they don't get whether it's ciph or other diseases from it, that means they're doing a good job instead of actually pulling them off and putting them in drug rehabilitation centers and locking them down. In a way, my family member became clean only because she almost died, ended up in a hospital for months, and she couldn't get out of the hospital, so that was the only way that she remained clean, and it's up to us to make a difference here in California and not provide the tools so that way they can stay on drugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hitting rock bottom is the best thing that happens to anybody who eventually gets clean. And that's actually what you want for people. That's a weird metric of success. Hey, I know your brain is ruined on meth and now you have drug induced schizophrenia and you pulled all of your teeth out, But hey, you didn't get AIDS from the needle, So great job, California. You know, at the risk of lingering this on a little bit longer than it probably should, I am just curious. So do you see any sort of swing back to sanity from your perch in the legislature. Are there any of your lib colleagues that are like, Okay, this is getting a little bit out of hand and we need to rein this in Or do they cynically look at the voting populace and go, eh, they can take more abuse.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't see it in the legislature, but I do see it with the general population. You know, think that the normal, whether you're Democrat, Republican, or independent. You just say that we have a homeless epidemic here in California. You know that when La County has more homeless people than most states, large scale cities like you know, La I believe has about one hundred and like twenty five thousand homeless people in the LA region alone.
Speaker 10: I mean that is a major city to the rest of the nation.
Speaker 2: And when we're looking at that and you just talk to the normal person who's out there, they say, yes, there's a homeless issue. There's also an affordability issue, and we've got a crisis here in California. But instead of actually solving it again, my colleagues are like, let's just put more money into it.
Speaker 10: And if we've lost twenty four billion.
Speaker 2: Dollars already and we have no idea when and if we are measuring again spending with no ability to track any of the outcomes, the general population knows that there's something wrong, and it's what we're hopeful that a lot of the general people will actually start pushing on that significantly more. We've seen that with valid initiatives that really demanded change, like making fetanol. If you deal fetanol in the state of California, you can be charged with murder. You know, that's something that I think a lot of people are seeing, and it's where again, we want to wake people up, because if they just go back and they look at the last ten years when it comes to drug overdoses in the United States, we have lost more people to drug overdoses than almost all foreign.
Speaker 10: Wars combine, not including the Civil War. That's it.
Speaker 2: More people died in the United States from drug overdoses in ten years then all of our wars combined, including the Civil War.
Speaker 1: You know, this goes against everything I believe in. But there's a part of me when you say that we've lost twenty four billion dollars, is can you can you try to lose it into my bank account or my wallet at some point? That'd be fantastic for me. You know, speaking of money and money getting yanked, big, big discussion over the last couple of days over the Trump administration politically yanking money from his political adversaries in California. Regarding this train. People might not be hip to this story, but can you kind of fill in some of the gaps of what actually went on?
Speaker 2: Yes, So what we've seen is that Governor Newsom and a lot of the legislature were yelling at for pulling dollars from California Rail. Really found is that the legislature and the Attorney General Rob Bonta actually dropped the lawsuit against the federal administration on high speed.
Speaker 10: Rail because they actually violate.
Speaker 2: The contract that California High Speed Rail Authority was supposed to purchase actual trains for.
Speaker 10: The project.
Speaker 2: But instead they saw that this is a project that will probably more than likely never be finished in our lifetime, as Governor k Newsom said in an expose video from twenty sixteen, and they decided not to purchase it because they know they know that this will never actually have a train on it.
Speaker 10: They know that tracks will never be laid.
Speaker 2: This project is actually a justification piece to backfill into the coffers of certain special interest groups and those It's just a justification reason for why we need to tax more people and allocate money.
Speaker 10: Former Speaker of.
Speaker 2: The Legislature here in California, his name is Willie Brown, also former boyfriend to Kamala Harris.
Speaker 10: He made this puct.
Speaker 2: He made this quote about infrastructure when it comes to California is never tell the people how much it's actually going to costs, but once they approve it, you dig a hole so big that they can't stop it and they have to fund it forever.
Speaker 10: That is the California ideology when it.
Speaker 2: Comes to infrastructure, and I think we all should listen to Kamala Harris's ex boyfriend when it comes to these types of policies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so effectively for everybody at home. The Trump administration said, hey, you're not going to get this money because you violated the contract, and then Gavin Newsom said they're not a bit, I'm a political prisoner or whatever, when in reality, they just didn't follow the agreement that they had already agreed to. Wow, fascinating, that's well exactly what I would think of California politics. Unfortunately, David Tugy is an assembly person in California Assembly. There I go, there I go, using the language of the left, an assembly man in California. Thanks so much for joining us. Really appreciate you taking the time.
Speaker 10: Always great to jump out.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, you got a lot more coming up here on the show. TPT ATPUSA dot com is the email address, scan the QR code. It'll take you to a turning point. Tonight where you can check your voter registration. It'll also get you to all of our social media accounts, which are just bananas. By the way. You can leave a comment on the social media account, but you actually want to email because there's no way we can get to the literally million comments on social media, So emails TPTATPUSA dot com will be right back after the break.
Speaker 9: Don't go away, lesbians. Steal this line the next time you need to turn someone down on a date. I'm flattered. My plate is full. That's it. I want to hear you say it. I'm flattered, plate is full. Now send this to a lesbian you love. What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: What are we even doing? I'm tempted to start off every social media video post like that camera to my face influencer style. I get kicked out of this nantucket store, But just start off lesbians. Attention lesbians. I don't even know what you said half of that. Why didn't you say, oh my, use this when you need to turn someone down. I'm not sure if she has any experience using that line, but she did say she said, uh, my plate is full. I'm gonna try that on my wife. She says Hey, uh, I don't know you need to redo the sprinkler in the sideyard. I'm sorry, my plate is full. Attention lesbians. If I go what, my plate is full, and I'd sit on the couch and then quickly get up because I want to stay in her good graces for obvious reasons. Okay, tbttvusay dot com is the emil addressing along your thoughts, comments, concirams, criticisms. It's time for Woke Wednesday. Now, this is obviously a sketch. It's not real, but it does it does give realistic woke vibes effectively. No, I'm not trying to say that because we're not trying to. This skit is playing off how the woke view this actual real world scenario. That's all say. Watch this.
Speaker 10: All right, stop.
Speaker 11: That is not how you pass a woman on a trail. I'm moving into her personal space. I'm initiating conversation without her consent, and I don't look very friendly. Here's a better way. I'm avoiding eye contacts and crouch saying low while keeping most of my body hidden so that I look less physically intimidating. I'm laughing. So the woman knows that I'm friendly and I've raised my voice outside of the masculine range, which is more comforting. This is how you pass women on my trail.
Speaker 1: I'll have to try that. I think that feels like great advice. I think that's not at all creepy, not at all suspicious and weird. But again, you know, we're trying to make women comfortable out on trails because remember that pole. It's like an Internet pole like earlier this year where it's like would you rather pass if you're hiking, would you rather pass a man or a bear? And like most women were like, oh, a bear, which is the dumbest possible answer you can conceive of. So yeah, I know, this guy's actually some great advice. I'll try that next time I'm on a hike. When I'm passing any women, I'll just crouch creepily behind a tree, start giggling, and that should make them feel totally comfortable and safe, at least I think according to this advice. Okayttbusa dot com is the email dressing along your thoughts, comments, concern even criticisms. Scan the q rcoe go follow us on all the social media accounts. Don't miss the party. There is a party. There's lots of footage that you don't see here on the show, and we don't have time to get to it at all. All of that's in our social media accounts. You can get to all of it by clicking the q RCO. That's kind of come on to your screen. Now, what are we watch it? Okay, all right, all right, okay, So that's trans bat girl at a church somewhere. Okay. Uh, I don't know. I don't know what else to say about that. Go good luck fighting crime. I guess I just got you know. What's funny too, though, is thee There are probably people there and they probably feel like they have to applaud this, like after this dance routine was done. They're probably like yeah, and like the like weird faint clapping like this is it's too uncomfortable to no clap, so I'll go ahead and clap. Okay. TVTTPUSA dot com is the email address. Lots of fun ones from you folks today, yesterday, over the last couple of days. Do we emailing about libs promising medicare for all? I'll summarize really quickly here he's talking about I think we played a commercial for was it else? I had a couple of days ago talking about we're gonna give Medicare for all, and effectively, Dewey's point that he's trying to make is that's not great, Like Medicare is not a good system, so it's kind of a weird thing to advocate for, which great point. I think the term well, I mean, the new single pair system that would inevitably come if LIBS gained control is not gonna be any different. It's gonna be any better than Medicaid. So yeah, Medicare, Yeah, great point. Do we gotta fix the system? Dan emailed some concerns about data centers who don't have time to get to that. I wanted to get to this. I tweeted the other day and I talked about on the show that I am going to pursue a career in the w NBA considering the fact that they're gonna let men play, I think according to some of the coaches. My uncle responded to that and said, sweet, does that mean you'll be buying family members new cars? No one, because I'm not a an urban NBA star In two the w NBA's like league minimums, like seventy grand I can I can buy you a nineteen ninety five Toyota Corolla. That'd be That'd be the extent of my generosity with my WNBA status now sorry salary, Now I would I would imagine that I would grow in popularity just dominating the post and the league overall. So maybe endorsements would get me a little bit more money, But nevertheless, no cars for the family. Okay, tpttbusa dot com is the email. Thanks so much for tuning in. We'll see it tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 5: God bless America.