Speaker 1: I'm a little Duval and this is Conversations with the podcast. Today's guest is the King of Crumple's welcome my man, Duke Deuce. So they should cut your cousin, Little Duval checking in live and direct. You know this podcast, this is my new podcast. You know. I sit on here and have a couple of people in that that I admired, that I that I respect or that I think it's talented, and the motherfucker on my show and we vibe out. They get to ask me questions about light, about everything. And one of the people that I like, you know what I'm saying, one people I've been watching for a while and I respect them and I see them vibing and I think they're one of the baddest, coolest gangsters, goddamn dancers in the goddamn gay You know what I'm saying. I got my man right here, Deuce on this motherfucker. What's handing niggas?
Speaker 2: What's good?
Speaker 1: All right? Man? You know just over here vibe and dcent man. So like I say, man, I appreciate you coming on the show, coming vibe with you. Like like I'm let you know what my show about. You know, all we do is I let people come on here because a lot of people don't have nobody that they can talk to. You know what I'm saying. They don't have nobody they could talk to in the game or even in their personal life. So they come over here and just talk to me a rappidtad, you know what I'm saying, So you can ask me questions. You could treat it like a goddamn confessional. And I'm gonna tell you a boy, my show, you don't have to if it's something that you might say it and you're like, you know what, I don't use that shit. We ain't got to use that shit. I don't give a fuck. I'm not one of them flickbake niggas. I don't give a fuck. Yeah, So you could just talk open like a motherfuck and see what you want to say, and if you want to use wing. If you don't want to use it, fuck that shit, you know what I'm saying. So that's what it is. But first introduce yourself with level. Know where you're from and what you do, and how long you've been gaming all that shit, and how you start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister kron Star Loop, the dudes you know what I'm saying. I've been in the game for about five six year maybe six, maybe seven. You know what I'm saying, Time nigg time fly when you wane you working in yeah, traveling. You know what I'm saying. And I am the king of Kromp. You feel brought it back to their face. You know what I'm saying, going crazy and type ship.
Speaker 1: Let's give him some history of Crump because a lot of people think Krunk came from Atlanta. But honestly, I know this because I'm an old nigga, like Krunk really came from Memphis getting an Atlanta ticket and made it popular and then you took it back from their ass and got their ticket to a whole another level. I just want to get them a little history up of how it came to be. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Facts, man, You know what I'm saying. Krop came from Memphis main Uh, you know what I'm saying it I want to say, I really want to say it started arriving through Mephis like in the eighties, because you know, or how.
Speaker 1: Did Krunk the word krunk or how did they give me some history lessons on this ship? Mike.
Speaker 2: Okay, So kromp is a very old world word. They used that as slavery. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Let me.
Speaker 2: As far on gay gay hard, let me put my shades on look though, So as far as the music though, you know what I'm saying. I know for a fact that Memphis started saying it around nineteen ninety two, referring to music in your your actions. You know what I'm saying, because it's not just music, it's actions as well. You feel me. But I know we was called I know he was calling it buck before kromp. You know what I'm saying, which, yeah, get you know what I'm saying. Mc hammer tried to run off with that.
Speaker 1: Damn I didn't put the two and two together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Myphos was mad that hell yeah, that was mad about this ship.
Speaker 1: I ain't even know that he.
Speaker 2: Went on to see where he left mephis and my next thing. You know, he gotta get buck, get buck, get buck get He's fitted. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So put two and two together and the gangster walking, the moves and ship, y'all see me eating It's really part of the movement. You know what I'm saying, walking for show and they called it gangster?
Speaker 1: What got you into the gangster walking? Like, cause that's why I know you from that and I remember the song you did with Little Johnny and that's when I became a fan of the ship. But like, what got you into like the coature the dance of the crunk Ship? I mean, uh, what y'all call it? What is it called now? Because they've been changing the name of.
Speaker 2: So you got gangster walking? You got joking, Memphis jerking, jerking? Yeah, you got we gotta joke to in Florida, Like I joke like this, Yeah, y'all, y'all kind of gets y'all groovy with it, you feel me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, we vibe with our ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but uh yeah, you got joking, bucking, shopping, ticking. It's it's a you know, it's a bunch of names for type ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what got what? What? How did you get get into that part of instead of just wrap this? Was you a rapper first? Or was you a dancer first?
Speaker 2: I was dancing first, But damn, it's kind of it's kind of hard to say, but yeah, you could technically say I was dancing and ship.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. When I first seen this ship when I was young, I ain't no telling how. I probably about seven eight, and I was outside and the nigga was coming down the street, the hood nigga though you feel me coming down the street. He had the black shade, they got all black with the CD player with the headphones and his you're man. He was walking down the street like he were walking on ice and ship. I was like, God, damn fool. He was killing that shit. And I was like, man, you gotta teach me how to do that ship. So it's then I've been doing it.
Speaker 1: You feel me? Yeah, So you went from dancing and then got into the music part of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I wasn't gonna never do the gangster walking. I wasn't gonna never merge you with the music. I was just gonna stick to just strictly just rapping and.
Speaker 1: Ship like that.
Speaker 2: And my mama used to tell me, she like, you need to hit your moves and shp when you rap. And I'm like, hell now, mom, I'm not knowing that ship. You feel me? Man? Next thing, no, I'm doing this ship.
Speaker 1: So see why you got to listen to your mama. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you know what I'm saying. Mama always came up with some good ideas. Sometimes she can fall off, but she she beat there, she'd be right there with me.
Speaker 1: Hey is Then it got THEMN because like I'm like I said, I'm a fan of this ship. I got pay attention to if they hit the historic battles, dance battles, I should look up from from you back in the day that you went against somebody that that I should know about.
Speaker 2: Man, it's a lot, it's a lot of them. But you need to look up b H G Pat. That's b H b H G Space Pat versus Little Spins.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, yeah, yeah, And that's a classical.
Speaker 2: That's a classic giant Right there, I snapped, I bumped out there, two chins, crack, motherfucker. I went crazy crazy?
Speaker 1: So how long? So how long did it take for you once you got into music? How long did it take for you to get your buzz to where? All right, I got it. I got a foundation where you was able to get that that song with with Little John? Oh what you already popping by then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was already doing my thighs. He Little John and Project pat Juice to Jay. They hopped on the remix because it was yeah, yeah, already going crazy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Uh huh yeah, So what what how long did that take from when it started going crazy? From when you started when you started dancing, like when you said, when your mama told you, man, put the music with the dancing in and then how long did that take? With this?
Speaker 2: Well? Where that happened? She was telling me that before I even really fully established my her you know, I was still coming up with my name and everything around it. I was a beginner. I only had like probably a few records that I recorded around there time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I was where did they ain't come from?
Speaker 2: I was telling how I'm finna take this hit serious?
Speaker 1: Where did ain't come from? So?
Speaker 2: Man, me and my mom and my sister was in the kitchen, and man, I think she she helped me come up with Duke duce or I don't know how it kind of happened. I don't know if I added the duce or she did. I think she was saying Duke to the second Power and shit like that, like pops, My pops named Duke and he's a legendary nigga, you know what I'm saying. But music and shit like that too, So I'm pretty much Duke the second, So Duke Duce.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, man, you know what I'm saying. I'm learning already in this year. Man, you're a family nigga. Man. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's a good thing though. Man, that's what keep your ground, and that's probably why I fuck with you know, it's probably the energy I felt from you know, you can see it in people. You can feel the energy and people and it comes out. Yeah, you think they help? Do you think they help you with moving around in the in this industry?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For show for show, it had it.
Speaker 1: How so it had.
Speaker 2: It, It had good and bad. You know what I'm saying, I gotta what band.
Speaker 1: I can family have brank band in the industry.
Speaker 2: Just said over expecting this and that, you know what I'm saying, not fully understanding what's really going on. You feel me that right there could turn ship into ship.
Speaker 1: You feel me. I get what you're saying. They think it's more than what it is. Yeah, like the game play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel me.
Speaker 1: This ain't the time.
Speaker 2: Where I could do this and woo woo woo, like I ain't got damn, I ain't God damn drake out. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I understand, I under stay exactly. But one thing I can't say for my family, especially for my mama, which is a blessing. My mama then ask me for the least out of anybody in my family, and so my mother always been in life. If you ask for more than my Mama, you ask for too much, you know what I'm saying. So with that, I don't really feel obligated to nobody, you know what I'm saying. And that's how I go with the industry. Ship with it with the industry people to my personal family people, and too they know they know how to how I'm coming because I always it's a nothing I do. I'm They know I'm cheap, you know what I'm saying. So by the knowing I'm cheating, if they come to me, I know they really need it, you know what I'm saying. But outside of that, they know that to come to me by ship, I.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna try to get it to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, right, I have to say, but that fruck, but you gotta program into them early on while you're doing it, because once you get to that level, they already rented.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, Once you get to the way you can do because you do want to do for me? Who don't want to do for They fan facts? But at the same time, you got to program and why they why while you still coming up because if you don't, they gonna be on your heads later on. You see what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, acts, facts, facts. But other than that, though, I feel like me and my family doing a lot better than that. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, you got kids, y'all got a little girl? Oh shit sell sl Yeah selm sel.
Speaker 1: I got a little girl too. Man.
Speaker 2: She acts like she acts like her mama, look like her mama. But bro, it's some ways in her And I be like, bro, you acting with you? It's like me, Bro, I'm like, damn.
Speaker 1: Is she is it a good side of you? Though? Man, she don't.
Speaker 2: She got a little bit of both. She like she she becoming fearless as hell sometime, Like you be like.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I get it.
Speaker 2: You feel me getting extra nonchalant like this me all day like I don't care.
Speaker 1: Man, My daughter. She ain't fearless, but she like nachalant like like they, she don't care about like she like me, I don't care about money like that, but I get money, you know what I'm saying. But she don't care about money, but she didn't get money, you know, Like, so I have to push it in her like to care about money. You know how some people like that they care too much about money, and you have to say, man, that money ain't gonna, ain't gonna, ain't gonna help you. For her, I have to instill it in her, like, have to push it in Look. So I see all that in the hook, but that's in me too, So I'm trying to program myself to like, how can I get her to care about it? But it's hard for me because I get it. So it's probably the same way with you, because it's like, man, she feelings and I'm feeling too, so I get it. But at the same time, I don't want to be like out here because this world ain't ain't.
Speaker 2: No for real, for real, this ship crazy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, so what you evolved you from from their crunk ship to you doing rolling loud stadiums and ship When I saw you swamp. That was that stage, nigga. Yeah that ship was odd though, man.
Speaker 2: Come on, cause you know what I'm saying. If it wasn't, I would have been so I would have sued the ship out of my asso.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're right, but ship, man, that ship was odd. But that's that's in it, you know. And that's another thing I wanted to say why I brought up through Rolling Loust ship because you got something that a lot of I think I might've been tweeted about it before. A lot of these new entertainers is missing they know how to you know, how to entertain and perform like I. That's what. That's what a lot of these even bigger names than you, they missing that. But that's what you got. But when you but you know, it's gonna work in your favorite because once you get to that point, you're gonna already be riddy. Oh god.
Speaker 2: And they know it too. I think the nigga scaed of me, they know it.
Speaker 1: It don't even matter if they scared of you. That's the thing. It don't even matter because those people that's like the comedian used to be scared of me to you too. But guess what I didn't give a fuck because I'm like this it. You get what I'm saying, like tunnel vision only po ass over.
Speaker 2: So that's what I got, tunnel vision, And I'm gonna tell you something else. The reason though, this is how I come up with the shit that I come up with. Like Yo, a lot of people say I'm genius. At the same time, what it really is is I don't give a fuck. You know what I'm saying. I'm not I'm not trying to push this street persona. Well, I'm too street to do this and do that. I'm not a street nigga. Fuck, I'm a hood nigga. You know what I'm saying. And I like the fun so I'm aa the fuck I wanna do? You dig I ain't trying to look cool, you know what I'm saying. I feel I feel like me just not giving the fuck is cool enough.
Speaker 1: You feel it that that's all you gotta be. That's what cool is being you nigga. Yes, all is Yeah. I wouldn't go back what you said cause you say your daddy was in the in the music industry, right, yeah what what? What? What do I know him?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure his name Duke knity. I'm not sure if you ever heard of South par Boy. That was one of his biggest judts tracks that he did for Gangster Black.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did you have an impact.
Speaker 2: On man bro that ship? I followed every footstep when it came to music.
Speaker 1: It's just that you was gonna be doing this off top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, facts, facts. I feel like I ain't really have how much else I wanted to do? You know what I'm saying. If I wasn't rapping, I'd probably be cutting her. That ain't what I want to do, you feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's what you can do.
Speaker 2: Hey, what you want to do, But that ain't what I want to do. Shit, I don't even like it. I don't even like the standing one spot for a long god damn time.
Speaker 1: Ship. You ain't gotta tell me I've been the same way here. I'm forty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah you see, I mean so shit? Yeah, I said, you know what I'm I'm gonna do this ship. You feel I feel like I furthered my pops footsteps. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He did, man, That's what it's all about. Evolving to the next level, you know what I'm saying, and keep going and that's what you're supposed to do, nigga, then your yo, see, do it and take it to the next level too. But the smartest thing you understood who your pops was a lot of a lot of us don't get to know where we come from. And if you know where you come from early, you can already get ready to prepare for and that way you don't skip the life. Like if I I was talking in an interview with Stack Stephen Jackson, I was telling him, like, my grand my great grandparent is I mean my great grand on his head? Tell me? And I knew this twenty years ago, I would have prepared for myself to with even more. You know what I'm saying, even though it's always been in me to do what I do for my people and ship there. But had I do that earlier, I probably would have even went that way even even sooner. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: See what you was saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of like what you did. You knew off top what it is. I had to figure it out time, which it ain't a bad thing, but it's still it's just still if as soon as you know the bigger you can make an impact and make a change for a difference to it's still that to the next person and to the next seed, because that's all. That's all, that's all pragice man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they passed and you feel now money too.
Speaker 1: Ship exactly, all that ship money. They got power, property, powers, everything, money and ship. It's about power ship, oh.
Speaker 2: God, because if we choose everything in the day, it's gonna be about the man with the power.
Speaker 1: If the man with the powers, the man who got the most controlled. Uh, that's just like the internet. We ain't got no power because we ain't got no control on nothing on the fact. That's that's what the power they got that ship, but we got money. Yeah, we got the money, but we ain't got no fucking power. Yeah. That's they'll give you money all day now here, give them niggas money because you know why they give you money because they own everything that you got to buy. You give you what I'm saying. So we gotta figure out the way. That's why we can't trip off what they doing. We gotta create our own ship. And that's what that's what I try to do. That's what we do with the Black Effect. That's what that's why it's Oh my goddamn Charlamagne and and doll it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sales. Black people always sell the ship we're supposed to keep.
Speaker 1: But we will, man, We we just at the beginning of it. That's what we is folk. You know, we can't we can't say what other people should do. We do it. You know what I'm saying. That's and that's what you do. That's what I do. So what else? Man? Tell me some old ship. Man, tell me ask you some questions. What's going on in your life? How you like being, your personal life, your regular life? Are you at peace and life? Are you happy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I am, Bro, I really feel fucking great, like you know what I'm saying, even though I'm still like, I'm still working to get to a certain position. And everybody got their battles. You did with the scientist, Yeah, yeah, same time. Don't fight me about him with a smile. Now you feel me like I'm rocking and rolling.
Speaker 1: You're me. What's your battle, man? Is it about? It might not even be a battle. What do you want to talk about it? Cool? Men?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's honestly just it's just music, bro. It's music, and the music game is the music. It's a huge the behind the scene ship. I'm having a lot of business right now, going through some changes. I'm transitioning from QC to who knows you feel me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get what you're saying. It's the unknown part of this game. Yeah. But that's how life is, man. That's why it's always.
Speaker 2: Enjoy this ship though, bro, because the little set is really helping me get into my bag. Like I'm coming up with some crazy ship.
Speaker 1: You're not in no setback, You just you just it's like going back in the gym of going into preceson.
Speaker 2: Say it again, it's like a stand steel out.
Speaker 1: It's like you gotta go. It's just like yeah, it's like it's like a stand up like stand up you know, if you ever knows most great stand ups, it takes some five six years to come back out with doing a special because you gotta live life, you know what I'm saying. You got to you gotta give time, like and social media makes it count of hard because it feels like if you ain't doing it right now, you ain't doing something. But like you long as you growing, and every day you see you progress and you win it and it's just bus like you said, you enjoy this ship, nigga. If you enjoy your ship and can live off of it, nigga, you don't want you want to day you stopping able to make a living off what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying. This ship is fun. Everything else is a bonus. We out here living.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was something I want to ask you though. I've seen you in a lot of legendary videos. Bro, I want you in one of mines. Bro, we need to do something.
Speaker 1: It's easy, we need to do something. I only do video for people I'm fans of. I'm a fair man with Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got some I be on some ship. I got some ship. I don't want to speak about the idea of the video. We top we're gonna chop it up about that, you feel me?
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah ship. As soon as you said it, I started thinking a little ideas And I don't even know what you want to do the song too, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're gonna fuck with the song too, because it's got like a little it's got a Florida vibe to it.
Speaker 1: A little bop in. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's real old school kind of too. Yeah, yeah, we don't we gonna get it cracking though.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. But what that say be Oh the Kronk Stars, Oh the Cronk Stars. I couldn't see it cause I got I got this god damn cricket, this cricket reception.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I'm sure like damn my boy on the recording on the PlayStation n that whole fuzzy is hell.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I'm rich, broke, man, I'm risk broken. I don't God damn if I ain't got a split, shut the fuck up. Oh ship, that's a doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was having your child bro through your.
Speaker 1: Journey as far as being in the in the industry and having the child ship. Honestly, I I'm kind of like when I look at my daughter and now I'm kind of proud of how I raised and I'm kind of happy I did because when I had my daughter, it was like right when the social media boom, and like my daughter was like one of the first bait, like I had, like I hate put my daughter on. When I had her, I had put on social media and like she was one of the first people that it was had a baby on that like I could have like raised her through this YouTube ear and raised her like that she could have been one of them YouTube kids. But I never did that, you know what I'm saying. I never raised her. So now that she's fifteen, she's a regular child, and I'm happy I did that because like now I look at a lot of kids that was raising that shit, and I'm like, man, I'm glad my daughter ain't on that type of town. Like my daughter into she into regular shit, like she she like Tyler the crazyor she likes Kate Pop like she an anime like And I'm not saying like she ain't gonna do some shit like kids do shit, you know what I'm saying. But like I'm proud of what how I raised as far as like keeping away from shit, you know what I'm saying. I don't post her like I stopped posting a posting on social media like when she was about about four or five, because people start I realized people recognized us. Are like now I'm not posting no more. But outside of that, I just let her live a regular life. And she's a regular, a regular girl, you know what I'm saying. So I raised mind just like a regular child. Just try to be as much as I can but in this game, with you on the road, there's no way to be there fully twenty four seven in the life, you know what I'm saying. So you gone and that way you're not gonna be there. With technology, you can be there, which that's a blessing that because you got FaceTime and all this shit here. So I met her life like that. I don't know if you and your your baby mama together, but me and my baby mama ain't together, you know what I'm saying. So so we still work through that shit. But at the end of the day, shit, I got a relationship with it, and the's smart. The best thing happened with me with my jit was the first year I was with her every year, every day. So I think that little one year bond kept it was important for life because it's like a it's like a subconscious bond, you know what I'm saying. So around the young time, that's the most important times because that's gonna bar for life, even when ship around them, even when the world probably giving them bullshit, that barb gonna keep it together. Damn you said you got a seven year old daughter, right, Yeah? Did she know who you is? As as a as an artist or as it entertainment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she definitely know because somebody always showing her the videos. You know what I'm saying. She always end up running up across ship and the thing ain't gonna lie. The thing I hate about this shit is like if I have like some ass shaking in my video, I hate for her to see this shit. But she gonna see it, and you feel me, Yeah, she go see it. I don't want her to think that just that's me when I'm not around, like you feel me.
Speaker 1: That's why it's good for her to see how you handle women. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, because I mean you say, well, people, we humans. We don't go by what we say. We go by what people do. We go by actions. People don't listen, they follow. So it's the same thing with kids, Like they pay attention more to you how you do than what you say, you know what I'm saying. So as long as they see how you acting and you see how you treat women. You know what I'm saying, all the women in your life, they gonna they gonna follow suitand like that's what they are. You know what I'm saying, That's how they gonna mold the man that they won't. You know what I'm saying, as far as that's what I do with my daughter, you know what I'm saying. And like I said, my daughter, I ain't saying my daughter might not e a fuck you know shit, but shit, she showed doing it doing it right so far. I don't know shit about it. Shit she good, you know what I'm saying. So that's all thing you can ask for. Stop it, you know what I'm saying. Shit, I just thought about it, like my daughter fifteen. Shit, I know I was fucking at fifteen.
Speaker 2: Shit, well I was. I was haunted to them all for at fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was dropping all type of dick this shit crazy. Yeah, we got stuff talking about that. I need to go on something. Man.
Speaker 2: You know I would, I wouldh they would have taught to us bro along in school critic bro credit Yes, Bro?
Speaker 1: Why why so?
Speaker 2: Because? Bro? I feel like motherfuckers don't really get a chance to learn this ship until they damn they're grown. Growl you feel me like, and I feel like this ship is important. I do think that, you know what, they might as well put that in school.
Speaker 1: But see, I'm probably the wrong person talk about with credit because I don't funk with it, really, I really don't. I've never really had you because, like I've I've learned to just live in my means and and and build bill for what I need. You know what I'm saying, I've been blessed enough to to live off the LIBB that way. You know what I'm saying, Like I haven't and I haven't checked my I haven't checked my credit score in about ten years because I haven't had to. You know what I'm saying, I haven't had no reason to. Now, I'm not saying like people shouldn't use credit, but for me and a lot of people I know that have used it, are they like, you got some people that use it for the right reason, but a lot of people they like saying, a lot of people is using the credit shit and they fucked up because they bit off more than they can cheer, you know what I'm saying. And that's where they fuck up because you think, all right, shit, I can get a mortgage for thirty years and such and such and something gonna happen. What if something happened, like say Fan's like if I get like this shit happened with me when I got hit by cars, I almost died, and that chill for you. I couldn't work for a year, And if I had a mortgage, I would have been fucked up. Say if I had a twenty thousand dollars mortgage, I would have been fucked up. You know what I'm saying. I would have been trying to scramb or do shit I ain't want to do, you know what I'm saying. So I've never wanted to be like that. But some people they smart with credit, you know what I'm saying. But I'm not. I'm I'm really just simple with everything in life. I keep shit simple. And by keeping shit simple, I don't have that much obligation. Like I don't want a million dollar credit line. I don't want none of that. Ship I can make a million, you see what I'm saying. And that's always seen everything in life. So that's that's how I look at credit. But that's why I say, I'm probably not the person to talk to you about credit, you know, cause Ship they get mad at me about He's soooo it is. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, But I get why some people use it though, because I mean, everybody won't have. Everybody not blessed enough to have the money off the top. But in our business, we're able to get money a lot of this at a lump summer, at a quick time, so we could do shit like that. Well, we don't need as credit as everybody else. So that's why I don't see like people like us while we sold unless it's just something that you just want to get for twenty million dollars. Now you're putting yourself in a hole. You get what I'm saying, not fit but on this but on this level where we can build that you can get your shit off of what you what you make off of show money, you know what I'm saying, What you make off of your album stream, what you make off of publishing. You know what I'm saying. Shit, you can make it. Yeah, that's your credit right there. It's been working shit, Yeah, that's your credit right there. I feel it.
Speaker 2: How do you exist the y'all space without trying to be like everybody else?
Speaker 1: I think it's always instilled to me just from day one. I always was a trailblazer more so than just wanted to always wanted to do the next thing. Always wanted to be the first, always wanted to try something else, you know what I'm saying. So God Like, I feel like you're counting the same way too, you know what I'm saying. So so by me being that way, I'm programmed that way. I get when I see everybody else doing it, I don't want to do it no more. That's what took me so long to do podcasts, you know what I'm saying, is because once you see everybody do it, you're just like, all right, I don't want to do it, you know what I'm saying. But but at the same time, I seen there was there was a space that needs to be that needs to be to be be open. You know what I'm saying, I be addressed. So that's why I came in, you know what I'm saying. I felt like, if you don't like, if you see a problem in something, either fix it or shut the fuck up. That's why I'm in the podcast game now.
Speaker 2: It's how I think, that's how you think you do that. And then if I'm gonna I'll be like, damn everybody doing it. But then I'd be like, if I do it, I'm gonna have to try to do something, it's gonna have to be something unique about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and that's how you gotta do it. You just want to make it unique or make it simple. And that's why we came over with this is just something simple and understanding and try to give a different perspective, because I mean, people know me for comedy. People might know me for music, people are like over for social media. It might know me from other things, but they don't know me from just being a person. Get that can give sounded perspective. You know what I'm saying. I don't like to say I give like a be a guru guru or some shit, but like I'd just like to give simple advice. You know what I'm saying. Don't take much to figure shit out. You know, sometimes we overthink, especially in this industry and his life. You know what I'm saying. In this game, when you're trying to make it to the next level, it feel empty, feels like shit, I don't know where I'm gonna go now. Because you understand how the industry is, and you understand how fickle people are. You trying to figure it out, you know what I'm saying, But you have to understand how to have peace through all that, because otherwise you'll go crazy and start getting better. You don't want to be that old better nigga and this shit because I know a lot of old better motherfuckers in it. You know what I'm saying. It's easy to become that, you know what I'm saying. So I don't never That's why you tell the earliest like these niggas scared of me? Who gives the fun if they scared of you? Fuckle? You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm gonna give him something to be scared of if they're scared, not wait till I really I'm gonna show him book a book, a book, a boob. But fuck, you know what I'm saying. So that's how I held the ship, you know. All right, let me ask you a question. What's your end game in life?
Speaker 2: Like what you mean by that? Like?
Speaker 1: All right, We'll make you two questions in your career and the life at who you is as a person, where you where you want to see yourself as a person, Where you see yourself at sixty five.
Speaker 4: Mm sixty five, I see myself living like John Dunn't yellow start like that?
Speaker 2: But I'm so bad coming out with a new one. But yeah, I see my man, see myself living like that, not without a bullshit, you know what I'm saying, But you know, laying But.
Speaker 1: Just like he said, bullshit come with ship when you pretrying to protect your ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah that's true. That's true. But you know what I'm saying. But uh, I like peace. I'm gonna be a I'm a peaceful nigga. I like to chill out. You know what I'm saying. You get some head and or the woo woo.
Speaker 1: You feel me? So are you doing that? Now? Are you preparing yourself now? Because in order to be that, come tell you about this age ship coming from old nigga myself. That shit come like this nigga. You looking back like that, damnit?
Speaker 2: Yeah six to five yeah fact.
Speaker 1: But but the thing is you have to you have to like program yourself now just like now you everything you are now is but what you started when you said when you were a jit, a super jit at six years old. So in order to wanted to be that person that you said, I want to be like done't you gotta be that done right now? Yeah? That's all I do right now I prepare myself to be old pop pop nigga. Look at the show. My show is this nigga. Yeah, so you gotta prepare yourself, you know what I'm saying. So that's how you do that shit. Man. But that's all man, that's I appreciate you coming on the show.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope I gave you some game. Man. I hope you get some insight on life. If I didn't, that's on you, nigga. So thank y'all for tuning the man. Y'all tune in next week on The Black Effect Me Out this Bitch. Thanks for listen to another episode of Conversation with Me. Little Duval We out this Bitch. Don't miss an episode of Conversations with Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, iHeartRadio, app or wherever you get your podcast. Conversation with Podcast is a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and our executive producer is Dolly Bishop and produced by Aaron A. Keen Howard