Speaker 1: When did you come to Atlanta?
Speaker 2: When I came over here, they gave me a t I City and ALC and I ain't know what.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the fuck is this? When does rich the kid get signed? I was talking to Claver. He told me to come over his crib.
Speaker 2: Like I was really like kicked out of my my, my grandma's crib at.
Speaker 1: The time, so like, so you're really homeless. I was really like fucked up, you know.
Speaker 2: So I was like, shit, we needed to record a mixtape together. And then like we just started recording at his craber and like I never left and I got a call from P. He was like, Yo, this is P the qc CEO. I'm trying to sign you. I was like, you're trying to sign me. I was like, all right, but I need two things I need to check fast.
Speaker 3: Did you read the contract?
Speaker 4: Shit? Did I read the contract?
Speaker 1: You signed Famous Decks when he was like super hot and.
Speaker 2: I seen Famous Decks viral on Instagram like every day at the time, so I was I called him up. I was like, yo, bro, you signed with me. I promise you's gonna be rich forever.
Speaker 1: When did you meet.
Speaker 4: Toy seventeen and twenty eighteen, or.
Speaker 1: What happened with you and Tori?
Speaker 5: Work with me here?
Speaker 6: You know b t she so low shot at oct no real kept calor what we see whole game?
Speaker 1: Wait the ball the.
Speaker 4: Bas some thing.
Speaker 6: Oh you can't stand on their own swe fee. I already know you can't bother with me because up with the squad of me. They get a little They called me he love her by love.
Speaker 7: Hello ball Alert Welcome to Baller Show podcasts available everywhere you get your podcasts. Please continue to like, subscribe, and share our YouTube page ball Alert TV. I go by the name of Ferrari Simmons and I'm your best solo you know bt O c T with that.
Speaker 3: A friend of the show, a friend of.
Speaker 4: Mine, just pulled up all this risk and kid, what's up?
Speaker 5: Same?
Speaker 3: That's not with us.
Speaker 1: Saying your real friend he be defending you on the show.
Speaker 7: Many up a little bit stir we were on the podcast. You're talking ship you can cause you can say whatever you want. Here we go, you guys ready. Eighty three year old al Pacino has a baby on the way. And remember Robert de Niro seventy nine, Correct me if I'm wrong. He has a baby on the way. Al Pacino eighty three has a baby on the way.
Speaker 3: But you know, he was shocked about this. He thought he was he couldn't have anymore.
Speaker 8: I was just about to say, I didn't get it that you can't ejaculate at eighty some years old.
Speaker 1: Oh you can.
Speaker 7: It just depends on if the boys a girl swim to the ovaras or not. I thought he was like dust come out about too old. So he's eighty three years old, so I mean, I'm not trying to be mean. I'm pretty sure he's not going to make the high school graduation.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Man, No, it's true. I mean, that's the end of life right there.
Speaker 8: Come on, man, eighty three, I'm living to be one hundred and twenty years old.
Speaker 3: Appacino, who is?
Speaker 4: It might be the end of life for him, but it's the start of a whole new life for his baby mama. She is okay, and I believe she's nine.
Speaker 8: Get on your friend, man, he's just talking about this man gonna.
Speaker 7: Croak before his kid on height. I just said he's probably not going to make the high school graduate.
Speaker 3: Do you really think Alpacino gonna live to see one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 1: He's still working.
Speaker 4: Years old.
Speaker 3: He's eighty and still working.
Speaker 7: I know people grandparents can't work after fifty nine, So do you think he's gonna get thirty nine more years out of his life at eighty three? Listen, what I'm saying is technology you can't tell nowadays.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: They might freeze you and you might come back in twenty forty.
Speaker 4: So it's an episode to get out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, sir by Anyway, Raven Simon was recently on How We Mandel Does Stuff podcast and revealed she asked everyone that she dated to sign an n d A thoughts.
Speaker 3: That's smart that. I mean, she's Raving Simon. She's been working since she was a kid. I feel like that is well.
Speaker 1: I wanted to have signed that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you is, what are you? Yes?
Speaker 7: You would, So this means let's go play by play guys, anyone that she has dated, That means this is earlier on in the conversation, Hey sign this because I don't know if we're going to start dating or not.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to sign that.
Speaker 3: Have y'all had people signed das.
Speaker 9: I've never had signed the NDA.
Speaker 7: I'm not talking about it? Have you signed the NDA before speaking? Okay, moving right along. Diddy is accused of stealing his new song Act Bad from an up and cooming artist name Swinderella. Her song with the same title has was done two years ago. That act Bad is hard. That's the dope ass song. You know what feature in the city girl?
Speaker 5: Wye?
Speaker 9: Is he acting bad? What you mean over fifty? He's single and he rich. Even if he stole the song, it came out two years ago. That mean nobody heard. I would have stolen to the thing.
Speaker 4: About it is. This is not the first time that Diddy has been accused of stealing a song or stealing a style. Supposedly like he encouraged Biggie to steal his style from an artist who I think is from Mississippi or something like that. And this is obviously years ago. And he's acting bad because his girl is Krisha Please who be acting bad? So Diddy gonna do what he gotta do to make a coin. That's what he does. Like it keeps them relevant. This is how Diddy is. We know that this is not new. Did he behavior?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Did he?
Speaker 4: Ain't?
Speaker 1: Still he's stilled a song. I doubt that he stole the song?
Speaker 2: Why did you say? I stole songs before too? And I never heard them?
Speaker 8: But why do why do like these independent artists like always try to say the mainstream artists steal their.
Speaker 1: Music because they want some cloud. So you think that this is a cloud thing?
Speaker 4: Uh shit, properly? What songs have you been accused of stealing? Uhh, I don't.
Speaker 1: Remember, but I know it's been like two or three for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when somebody damn me like you stole my song, like song you got twelve hundred followers.
Speaker 7: I think it's definitely possible that he uh created that on his own. But I don't even think Diddy doesn't even write his own record so.
Speaker 4: Well, like you said, I mean, I just think that where there's smoke, there's fire. And a lot of things have been said about Diddy over the years. I'm not saying that it's true because I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's having a midlife crisis?
Speaker 7: No, No, had like his whole life. He's actually playing close to the cuff. He's just going to continue to stay in touch and in tune. What's going on now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Diddy is very clear on who he is, what type of man he wants to be the women he wants to be with. I think he's very clear on that. I don't think it's a midlife crisis. He's having a good time. I actually don't ever see him settling down.
Speaker 7: And if he does, when usually men tend to just say, you know what, I cool. I'm older and I have to say, oh.
Speaker 1: That's when your hairstont falling down. Ship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, diitty hair ain't falling out. I'll tell you to tell you all that because a vampire he made too much money. He got something installed over there. But what's wrong with people like I don't like this narrative of Like it's like if somebody is fifty, don't you know my uncle probably wish he was living. Like did you know how many people uncles wish they was fifty?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 1: He looks very stress free? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And that keeps you good too, you know what I'm saying. I mean, I'm pretty sure there's stresses with his job, but he he looks like he's enjoying his life. Most people aren't enjoying their life at that age.
Speaker 3: You're you know, but what do you say to people who say he looked like the old nigga in the club.
Speaker 7: Well he is, but he probably owned the club or can buy the club. So at that point, I'm not judging you because he can buy the club.
Speaker 8: Well, if you ever party, if you if you've ever been around Diddy and party with Diddy Didd, he does not give like old five no niggas calling him would tell you don't call him on all, right of course, just like.
Speaker 4: People don't the ninety year olds call him on.
Speaker 3: Mary J. Bligeh like people are calling her auntie, but some people.
Speaker 1: She finance Auntie, but she auntie. Okay.
Speaker 7: I money bag Yo admitted to cheating on his girlfriend Ari and he had to win her back.
Speaker 3: Thoughts he really cares, he really loves her.
Speaker 4: I think this is like hood love goals. Okay, when I tell you all the hood girls, was like, yes, oh my god, I need my man to talk about me like this. The reality is people cheat, Okay, It's not a secret. It happens all the time. It doesn't matter how much money you make, how little money you make. If somebody want to cheat, they gonna cheat. It is what it is. What happens is what you and your partner decide to do about it. Are we gonna have a real conversation about it. Are we gonna work towards making sure that our relationship is stronger after this. That's what they chose to do. They chose to work on it. Whatever happens after that is between them. If he cheats again and she decides to stay and continue to work with him, cool, If he cheats again she decides to leave. Cool, everyone's gonna make the decision that they need to make for themselves. But let them be happy like they're enjoying them themselves. And for him to talk about her so highly, because we don't never hear him talk, well, we never really hear money bag Yo talk, right, So for him to come out and be like, I love my woman, I respect my woman. Yes I cheated on her. Yes, I have never been in a real relationship. I didn't know how to handle this. That's a lot for a man to admit, especially when you are so famous and the spotlight is on you hard. I love that he spoke from his heart. I love that he was vulnerable, and I love them together. So if Ari is the one for him, hopefully that they, you know, continue to grow and do what they need to do.
Speaker 1: Mister rich what do you think beautiful?
Speaker 7: Okay, so you know we had to speak about you a couple of episodes ago, and again that was the episode I had you back and I didn't really say much, but you know, he was trending.
Speaker 1: What did you? What happened with you and Tori?
Speaker 4: I just have to own up some bullshit?
Speaker 1: You know, is she's still mad?
Speaker 2: You know, we're just working on the family right now. It's constant work and you know, getting back doing the right thing, owning up as a man, apologizing and you know, moving on.
Speaker 1: And that's what she choose to do.
Speaker 3: You feel what I'm saying, You give her time to heal and all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, definitely got to That's a good point I'm saying. I think a lot of people don't realize that their reaction to their partner being mad at some stuff that they did is everything. Like, you can't be mad at me for being mad at you for doing something you did to hurt me. So I think it's really important to make sure that you respect your partner's feelings in that moment, make sure that they know that they are being heard and that you do love and respect them. I don't think that cheating is always about your partner not loving you. I just think that sometimes they just have weak moments. I'm going to the therapist. You're going to the therapist.
Speaker 1: That's dope. That's dope.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: Have you already started?
Speaker 1: Did you start yet?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I just reached out to one a couple of days ago.
Speaker 7: So I just want to say, because I'm an be a mental heal person, because I go with therapists, that's one of the dopest things you could ever do, because it's gonna it's gonna change the way you think, because you're gonna think ten steps ahead.
Speaker 2: You know, coming from where we're from. Motherfuckers don't think it's cool. Like right, I'm going to therapist. You want wear for what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Nigga?
Speaker 3: You ain't crazy?
Speaker 1: So I feel like it's just a step fast ringing up.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Dope shit.
Speaker 4: I think the benefit too, even just outside of it changed the way that you think, but it changes the way you receive information, like when people tell you things, or like when the blogs are talking crazy about you. Not that you care now maybe I don't think, but it just helps you to process information differently, which then keeps you from reacting in a way that you might regret later. So kudos to you. I'm about to see a therapist.
Speaker 1: I want to say.
Speaker 7: I wanted to commend you because you did something that guys do not, you apologize publicly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, motherfucker's always gonna talk shit and blogs gonna.
Speaker 1: Say whatever they feel like.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I built the wall against all that shit, like a long long time ago.
Speaker 4: Could throw whatever.
Speaker 2: I ain't just I don't give fuck what you say.
Speaker 4: I really don't care.
Speaker 8: A lot of people don't hear you talk either, so I think that that's why it was such a big shock when you know, you did do a public apology, because as a man, it's really hard to do things privately and you know, apologize publicly, you know, and like I said, we don't. We don't hear you talk a lot. You don't really respond to a lot of media. So I was really shocked. But you know, I really command you for you know, doing something like that, man, because that's that that takes a real man that you know, publicly apologize for my life.
Speaker 2: States public apologize. Apology need to be public to you know what I'm saying. So that's what I felt that's.
Speaker 4: A little to you, Tori. I don't want you to feel like don I got your back. Girl, Come on the show. Come on the show.
Speaker 7: Okay, I already invited you on the show because because of you cut out.
Speaker 4: Forget all the people that have anything negative to say about you. You have a family, Okay, you have a lot more like invested in this relationship. And at the end of the day, even if you didn't have a family with this man, you chose to do what feels good to you. So love you girl. All right?
Speaker 7: You like sports, sports or sports sometimes? Okay, we're gonna talk about a little bit.
Speaker 4: It is time for the players.
Speaker 7: Ball fouler Shannon Sharp is leaving undisputed after uh the NBA Finals in June. Do you guys know Shannon Sharp with the and the in the black and Mouth. He's skipped skip skill skilled skilled.
Speaker 3: So he's beefing though.
Speaker 7: I think they've been beefing behind the scenes. Guy, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: Maybe that beef has not just been behind this pretty on camera.
Speaker 8: What did he What did he say when he said skip you disrespected?
Speaker 7: Sometimes I be thinking that'd be fluff. But what everybody's not friends are weird friends? We can argue on camera and then it's it's you know, off camera.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's a joke. But I think about it. Man, these guys are like twenty thirty years apart.
Speaker 3: So it's like, I think sometimes Skip knows how to push Shannon's buttons.
Speaker 1: The facts.
Speaker 3: Shannon is a big dude too, heet tight end, Like, yeah, he's five.
Speaker 8: To seventy something walking around the poodles in the airport. You see him in the airport, he had like five poodles or yeah, poodles.
Speaker 3: I mean he's just not the one in disrespect.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you probably don't want to disrespect somebody that's that's about three fifty.
Speaker 4: Shannon probably had to hold himself back a couple of times from Skip because honestly, like watching it on TV, I can tell that it's real beef, Like it's not the same. So where is he gonna take his podcast go anywhere?
Speaker 1: He won't? Yeah, he shit lit.
Speaker 8: I think Skip was a little bit jealous because Shannon has grown very popular all throughout the show. He has his own podcast deal separate outside of the show.
Speaker 4: What it is is black man got all this popular.
Speaker 8: He like he's like, hey man, these black people coming coming in here on this you know.
Speaker 7: Ea, that's the second split. That's the second split. Stephen A Smith now Shannon Sharp. Yeah, So what's going to happen to Skip hey man?
Speaker 3: Fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just have a rotation.
Speaker 4: They're gonna get another black man in there. He'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Somebody some free back. They need to bring back Paul Pierce. Paul Piers got in trouble from them strippers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't be knowing too much about in the studio.
Speaker 8: I don't think they want JJ Riddick to take his spot. J J Riddick doing a good job. He be doing to be putting them in their place. Man, I don't think they. I don't think they like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's take a quick commercial. Baby, we come back.
Speaker 7: We're gonna get Enrich the Kid business right here on The Baller Show. Podcasts available everywhere, so Soba gets her podcasts.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 1: You're now tuning into The Baller Alert Show. It's Rich the.
Speaker 3: Kid back with more of the Butler Alert Show. We have Rich the Kid joining us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Rich is in the building.
Speaker 7: What's up, sir? What's I've known? I want to say I've met you twenty thirteen. I believe jump a lot. Jordan correct me if I'm wrong, and he acts exactly the same. You don't really talk like but the fact that you came on the show, I said, all right now we're gonna talk to you. You got talked back. But I want to say I've known you for a long time. This is definitely how he is.
Speaker 3: But Rich the kid? Where's which?
Speaker 1: You kid? From? From New York? So a lot of people think you're from Atlanta?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why because you When did you come to Atlanta?
Speaker 2: When I was like thirteen, I moved to Hershel Road College Park, South Side. When I came over here, they gave me a t I City and out canc and I ain't know what the f.
Speaker 1: Was, Like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 4: That was Welcome to Atlanta package?
Speaker 1: Who gave that to you?
Speaker 4: Uncle?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okays is my favorite for sure? And then I got into music from there.
Speaker 4: So when you came from York to Atlanta, did you feel like Atlanta was like slow? Because I feel like a lot of people from New York feel like New York is so fast. We just so wow, we New York and now you come to Atlanta, it's like it's so country.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like it was slow. I just feel like I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Like it's like coming to a whole different world.
Speaker 1: Like why did you move? I think my parents have split up?
Speaker 3: Are you the only child or.
Speaker 1: Two sisters and a brother?
Speaker 2: I just found out one of my sisters like like a year or two years ago.
Speaker 8: Oh, you just found somebody with your sister, Like from your dad's side, they probably found you.
Speaker 4: So, like did your dad say, hey, y'all have another sibling.
Speaker 2: No, my sister had a feeling or she heard something or something and my dad ain't saying about it ever.
Speaker 4: Then like, so do you have a relationship with this new sister?
Speaker 1: I just met us, So.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a lot of time.
Speaker 7: When did the music start taking into play? Cause ship I had a girlfriend name was Sandy. She was from Alabama, Okay, and she came.
Speaker 2: Down here and she knew two dudes. They were like forty and forty three, and they were trying to be.
Speaker 1: A rap group.
Speaker 4: At forty and forty three, forty and forty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, they were olden to you.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like, yo, y'all trying to do this shit. Let me make a song, like, let me try the shit out. They're like, nah, man, we were the pros.
Speaker 1: I was like, let me just try one song. So it was like whatever.
Speaker 2: I made one song and then I put it on a CD and I came back and started giving to my friends and it was just like, oh, this is hard.
Speaker 1: You got to make another. How old are you at this time? I think I was like sixteen, so you're sixteen.
Speaker 4: What was the song? It's called Sniper or something like that.
Speaker 3: Was it on like one of the jack and for beats?
Speaker 1: You know, where'd the beat come from?
Speaker 4: I think it was like off YouTube or some sit Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh so they was definitely professionals. Yeah, it was given.
Speaker 7: Okay, so the music start, people start fucking with you. When does Rich the Kid get signed? I was going to a concert.
Speaker 2: I think it was like a Young Scooter performance and I was with my friend. He was playing like a Migo CD, like one of the first CDs. I was like, these niggas hard, Like, who the fuck is them? He's like, oh, the migos from the North Side whatever, and then he gave me the CD and then on the back of the CD it said DJ ray G. I was like, I know that nigga for the call him. So the next day I get to my grandma apartment and I called him. I'm like, Yo, ray G is rich, so I'm trying to damn get in the studio with your migos and shit.
Speaker 1: He's like perfect, Like we're gonna put it together.
Speaker 2: So that same night I went to mansion the lawn and then I seen ray G right.
Speaker 1: At the front.
Speaker 2: Okay he probably it was DJ, and he was like, Yo, the migos right here, let me introduce you.
Speaker 1: It was the same night and then I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So like we chopped up the next day, like I was getting in trouble for like I think I had stole some girl phone or some shit, and the police cames in my crib.
Speaker 3: Damn, why are you sell the phone?
Speaker 2: I was doing anything to get money, I was them I was doing some shit. So then the police came to my crib. So my grandma was really trying to kick me out. So I was talking to Quavo. He told me to come over his crib to record. It was like three in the morning. I went over there and then like I knocked on the door. He was taking forever and I remember and then like we recorded, we recorded a song. I think it was called Yong Rich Niggas recorded the song.
Speaker 4: And then this is before they put out their first mixtape. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So then like like I was really like kicked out of my my my grandma's.
Speaker 1: Crib at the time, so like, so you're really homeless. I was really like fucked up, you know.
Speaker 2: So I was like, shit, we needed to record a mixtape together. And then like we just started recording at his cribber and like I never left, like pretty much just like I just pretty much moved in type of ship.
Speaker 4: How you just coming to record and just yeah.
Speaker 3: You just stayed.
Speaker 1: Like it was making money together.
Speaker 7: I was trapping out the bando for other than the band. Okay, so this is the bando days. Yeah, so so when is Peter Comrie be remember Scream?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they was have mixtapes and I had an account on live mixtapes and like I was just putting our songs on there. Like every mixtape. I was just putting all of my songs, all the Migo songs on there, and then like like Ship was started like getting going crazy buzzy saying it was some buzz going. And I remember telling Real Money, I was like, Yo, Gucci man probably gonna call y'all ass next because y'all going crazy like she's going up. And the next day Gucci called and he was like, Yo, I'm trying to sign y'all, trying to sign the Migos.
Speaker 1: And then like they went.
Speaker 2: To meet Gucci and Ship, and then like some months later, uh, Coach K came.
Speaker 1: Over to the crib and he was like you're there because you lived.
Speaker 2: I was there, yeah, but it was none of my I was not in the business.
Speaker 1: They was just talking doing their thing. I was just like, dam so.
Speaker 2: Then Coach K was like shit, they wanted to sign him.
Speaker 1: And then like.
Speaker 2: I think they had a QC studio they were building and Ship, so they went they went to go do their thing. Then I went to my own other studio and I was just over there for like two weeks or three weeks, and I got a call from P. He was like, Yo, this is P the QC CEO. I'm trying to sign you. I was like you're trying to sign me. I was like, all right, Bet, I need two things. I need to check fast. I respect, I need to check fast. And I was like, I need to be able to bring my engineer with me.
Speaker 1: And then he was like, all right, bet, let's do it. So you actually signed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I signed.
Speaker 1: How much money was it? I think it was like twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: At that point.
Speaker 2: That's what you needed at the time at the time. Yeah, So some years went by and I wanted to like buy my way out of the contract, and it was like, well, we got to pay us five hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: How How I was gonna ask you how?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How did did you.
Speaker 3: Read the contract?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 4: Did I read the contract?
Speaker 3: You wanted that money?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I wanted the money.
Speaker 2: So, like when it was time for me to like part ways, it was like they wanted five hundred thousand times at the time, I had already spent the money.
Speaker 1: The money was.
Speaker 2: Going, I'm like, five hundred thousand, what'd you buy? I ain't got five thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: Damn, Ship. I bought clothes.
Speaker 3: We lean fucking Did you buy a house or car?
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: None of these essentials, none of the Central.
Speaker 2: So then I went to my contacts and I typed in every record label. I Google record labels, I typed in everyone. I said, Epic, Interscope, Atlantic, and I call every single person from every single label until one dude answered the phone. He's like he from in the Scope. I was like, Yo, I'm trying to get a deal. I need money fast. You're like, all right, come up here, come up here to the office and play some music.
Speaker 4: So it was just that simple. So he was a kid at this time.
Speaker 7: He's I was about like jumping like Jordan, like George's when he was coming to the station.
Speaker 1: Me and DJ Jumping like Jordan was pretty much the other song.
Speaker 2: But I had other songs that I had, like ready, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like I have a project that I've been recording.
Speaker 2: So I came to the meeting and I played the songs for him and he was like, he was like, yeah, this is fire.
Speaker 1: He's like, I want to sign you. I was like fire.
Speaker 2: So he ended up giving me the Fire hundred thousand plus more too for myself, and I was also signed to three hundred and ten through their Jordan Adventure. So I had to pay them money too and get paid. Everybody got paid.
Speaker 3: It was just like a million dollar deal, probably a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, everybody got paid. Now you're out. Now I'm out.
Speaker 4: Why did we want to leave us control? Though it seems like the projects were doing well, people were noticing who you were, Like, why did you feel that you needed to leave?
Speaker 2: I feel like I wasn't being mainstream, and I feel like I was just getting the hood buzz and at the time, shout out the pe and Coach. They were just doing anything with the migos, And I was like, you know what I want to stand for myself.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying through my own thing.
Speaker 2: And like two months later, I recorded new Freezer and I got Kendrick Lamar on it, and then that ship went every record. I used to tell the label like I used to be, like I wanted to like with I was like, I want to drop this song. It was like ninety days after the Freezer came out, and I was like, I know the song's going to go crazy. They're like, chill out, chill out, And then they dropped it and went platinum in twenty five days.
Speaker 1: Wow, damn it was crazy.
Speaker 7: I told y'all, AAST, how did let Kendrick Labar get on that?
Speaker 2: So the A n R that I had called, which I didn't know, and he was actually Kendrick Lamar's A and I too, okay perfect, So when I was doing my project, he was like, Yo, Kendrick, want to meet you and listen to some songs and shit.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, Kendrick.
Speaker 3: Lamar, how'd you feel when he got on it?
Speaker 1: I was waiting for the verse like two months, so I didn't even I wasn't even about say, two weeks, two months.
Speaker 2: I don't even was even sure if it was ever gonna come. I was just like, if it, do it, dude.
Speaker 1: But when it came, I remember I was in New York.
Speaker 2: I had all my ship like in the hotel room, and I got a text and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, damn. You knew that your life was going to change, that she was catching Lamar, big.
Speaker 4: Shot, next level. So you had already been calling it like you called it when you told the forty year old and a forty three year old, so let you go ahead and make music because you knew that you could do it. You called it when you told him he goes that Gucci was gonna call, and he did the very next day. You called this move to a whole nother record label. Like, do you have a very clear vision of where you are going in your life.
Speaker 1: And your career at this point?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, it's definitely so much more work to be done. I feel like I'm just scratching the surface, you know what I'm saying at this time. So you know, I got my label, I got Famous Decks, j Cris sip Tea, I got two planning the artists myself.
Speaker 4: How do you like give them the time that they need? Though, Because you found yourself in a record deal situation where you weren't getting enough attention, how are you going to manage that with your own artists?
Speaker 2: It's about building a solid team, you know what I'm saying, Having a team of people around you.
Speaker 1: It'd be like an octopus.
Speaker 3: When you got that second check that freed you up, What did you buy?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 3: Did you get a house and stuff? Then the second check?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got everybody cars, so my family members and you got everybody cars?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my little sister and my mom.
Speaker 4: I know the new system was bad. She wasn't acclimated them.
Speaker 3: Was your grandmother proud of you?
Speaker 4: And my grandmother's proud, very very proud.
Speaker 1: She was definitely the.
Speaker 2: Ones like when I was out here bonding me out of jail every time from Cobb County Jail, coming to visit me, put them on They in my books, so she was very proud.
Speaker 7: Question, now that you're Richy kid, the shit's popping with when did you meet Tory.
Speaker 2: Twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen? I invited her somewhere I knew a security well. She was working with Emma Rose and I knew Emma Rose security, so I reached out to him. I was like, can you please invite Toy to one of my shows? And I love to meet her and whatever. So then she came to my show. She she didn't want to give me her number, Like I had to work real hard.
Speaker 1: How did you find her?
Speaker 7: Like? Did you see her on Instagram or like I would seeing her everywhere? What about Richter kid, the father?
Speaker 1: I got four kids?
Speaker 3: You got four kids with her? All with her? No, I just have one kid. Okay, when you when when did you become a dad?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was really young. My son is nine years old.
Speaker 3: That's your oldest How is fatherhood now? How do you maintain a relationship with your kids and working at the same time?
Speaker 2: You know, balance, you know, definitely need that balance. So I definitely spend a lot of time with my kids as much as possible. I have my mother, help, my sister, help my grandmother, whoever.
Speaker 1: Can help, you know.
Speaker 3: So, do you want more kids?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I might have more kids.
Speaker 3: Are you're gonna get married?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, do you have a date already? I've seen the engagement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what days, but I definitely want to get married.
Speaker 8: So at A lot of fans want to know how is how is Famous Decks doing?
Speaker 2: He's doing great. Yeah, he's been working on his next project. We got a tour coming up with him and Jay Chris. He's been doing good.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: It's it's so refreshing to see him getting back to it.
Speaker 1: And facts because he's talented, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Super talented and getting back to work, and you know what I'm saying when getting the roll out and hope plan for him to go hard this year.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited for that. That's good.
Speaker 8: A lot of people were really surprised about your CEO skills. When you signed Famous Decks, everybody was like how because you signed Famous Decks when he was like super hot and everybody was like wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like wow, why Jay Critch too?
Speaker 3: Though, how did you get your own label?
Speaker 2: When I when I moved here to well, actually, when I moved to LA, I was like, shit, you see how they label. I was like, I want to start a label too, you know what I'm saying. So shout to coach and PO. I was like, shit, I want to start a label. So I started a label. And then I seen Famous Dexpirl on Instagram like every day at the time, so I was I called him up. I was like, yo, bro, you signed with me. I promise you're gonna be risk forever.
Speaker 1: So that's what you tell all the artists.
Speaker 2: Uh, matter of fact, if I believe in you, you're gonna be risk for sure. Because anything I put my time into is definitely gotta be it.
Speaker 4: But a lot of it is them too, like their drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know sign some artists that don't just like gave up and I didn't put a lot of time into them.
Speaker 1: And just like I don't want to be in the music anymore.
Speaker 4: Because at that point you realize that some people are just satisfied just saying shout question.
Speaker 7: Not to get too deep, but when we lost take off, I know that's your guy. What's going on through richy kids mind?
Speaker 2: I was just really just fucked up. I was in the bed for like a week, you know, yeah, Like I don't know, My mind was just all over you know.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I know you were very very close with him.
Speaker 1: Yes, like my best friend. Like, it's just hard to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's never easy to lose anybody. But I think like people who grow up together in a creative space, like you guys got to really grow as artists and y'all shared music and all these low moments to high moments. I know that there's a different connection to that. So hopefully you can really heal from that, like talk, be able to talk through it at some point in time. Do you have a relationship with Offset right now? Because we know that things are a little shaky with them, But do you have your own personal relationship with Offset? Yes?
Speaker 1: Brother, we talk all the time.
Speaker 8: Good anybody that you that you that you haven't worked with yet, that you that you would like to work with, Oh, Frank Ocean.
Speaker 2: I had talked to Frank Ocean one time, but that was like like twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Frank Ocean and y'all talked about music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about doing music one time, and then after that he was like disappearance.
Speaker 1: He always vanishes.
Speaker 4: That sound about right.
Speaker 7: I saw in a recent interview, Well not it actually wasn't recent, but I saw in the interview that you're one of Lil Wayne's favorite artists.
Speaker 1: Well, and.
Speaker 7: I know that you guys have featured each other on music. How to hell you have the album?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bad? How the hell do you do an album with Lil Wayne? Wayne had called me one day.
Speaker 7: He was like, Wayne called you. Yeah, that's all right, Yeah, Little Wayne called you. Then what happened?
Speaker 1: He was getting on the jet.
Speaker 2: He was like, I'm about have to go to my daughter's birthday party in Atlanta when we get back. When I get back, I want you to come to the studio. We need to do a project like twelve songs.
Speaker 1: That's wow, man, what's show negotiation skills? I think that's what a lot of rappers need to learn, because it's like I feel like every time you do something, I don't know why, but everybody's like, how have you gotten.
Speaker 3: Better financially with your finances ever since when you said you didn't even have five thousand at what point?
Speaker 2: For sure twenty eighteen? I think, I mean like eleven million in one year? N how'd you do that shit new freezer and shit plug about?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: So eleven million?
Speaker 4: Though, Like, how are you negotiating this?
Speaker 1: Like you ain't telling us the sauce man?
Speaker 3: Do you share or share with the people a little A couple of tips for negotiating when they're going into a deal.
Speaker 2: Definitely standing on, staying on what you say, whatever you want, work hard for it, and even if you got to put in more work and then come back around, circle back and be like, yo, remember you said this, what about now?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. See people be thinking that quote unquote like street dudes don't know how to do business, but it's a lot of business that goes down in the streets. You gotta be up on game. You got to read people's energy, see if they trying to play you like and I think that's one of the things that has helped you. So y'all got to stop outing these people what they're doing.
Speaker 7: What's next for richky kid man. But where the hell the risky kid come from? What's what the name come from?
Speaker 1: My name was black boy to kid when I first.
Speaker 7: Sarved black boy to kid, Yeah, okay, you ain't.
Speaker 8: Even talk like yeah, that's definitely that's what happened some girls.
Speaker 2: Some girl was like, you're not even talk why is your name black boy? And then I changed it to rich. I was like, Ship, well, I want to be rich one day the kid. I was like, ship, why the kid? Because New York that's New Yorkshire at the time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but at the time I felt like I was.
Speaker 3: A kid like so I was like, okay, rich the kid, will you ever change it? When you know now that you're grown?
Speaker 1: I might just make my name rich maybe one day, who knows. I do have a question, what's your real name?
Speaker 3: Richard Dmitri rich Richard?
Speaker 4: When you get into acting, you go from like rich the kids.
Speaker 3: So you want to act?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I got some stuff on the way?
Speaker 3: Okay what you got on the way?
Speaker 1: I can't speak?
Speaker 7: Okay, well can you speak on why the hell you and Who's don't like each other?
Speaker 4: Oh? We ain't got no proms with the so y'all never had any problems straight. I ain't got no prom with nobody.
Speaker 7: Actually, okay, all right, Rich the Kid, we appreciate you pulling up on us.
Speaker 4: We're not done. We got we got Baller Man was like this, now.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back. Stay tuned with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 1: You're not tuning in to the Baller Alert Show. It's Rich the Kid.
Speaker 7: I need your help, man. My lady loves dogs plural. I'm not tripping on the dog part. I love animals. However, I'm not really feeling three dogs, Like, come on, when we first met, she had one dog and it was cool. I don't mind helping, but read dogs is a bit much for me to assist with. I love my lady, but damn, I feel like these dogs get treated better than me.
Speaker 1: And my tripping. No, you're not.
Speaker 8: I mean I think he tripping because animals correct. Wait wait, animals treatment? Huh some animals you get special treatment.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, but it's like animals are like somebody's kids. They yeah, it's like the babies. You can't be jealous over the babies getting attention her babies.
Speaker 3: It looks like she's gonna definitely baby the dog.
Speaker 4: Y'all know that I love me some dolls. Okay, I love one dog for now, I'm about to get a second one, and I might have a third. But what I'm gonna say is, in this situation, you're probably right. She probably does treat the dogs better than you. But you also probably don't tell her what it is that you need, what you require. Maybe you're not being honest about it and saying, hey, babe, I love your dogs too, but I feel like X, Y and Z I need this. People got to communicate better about what it is they need.
Speaker 2: What there your dogs in the case, hell no, get out.
Speaker 3: You're not about to have Peter. Do you have pets?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Is your girlfriend have pets?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: He probably keep communication.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 4: Just communicate what you need, sir, and if she still don't give it to you, then it's time for you to go. So the dogs ain't going nowhere, mister richk here.
Speaker 7: There is a population of people that treat their dogs like humans. There's also a population, to my bad population population people sincerely care about their fur babies.
Speaker 1: They call them fur babies.
Speaker 7: Yea there is also a population of people that don't give a damn about any type of animal, So you just gotta be careful how we speak about these motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I don't think you are tripping.
Speaker 7: You just need to communicate your your thoughts to your girlfriend. And but them dogs ain't gonna no one player at all. I agree with she went from one to three.
Speaker 1: She is in love with them for babies, and they're not going to you're.
Speaker 7: Probably you're probably frustrated that they're Probably it's treated as good as you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you want, treated better than the human being.
Speaker 4: You want to be fed, You want her to clip your nails? Making out with the dogs. Probably she's not making out with the dolls. She's not.
Speaker 7: She probably making sure that they're fed, they're clothed, right, they get their shots, they're good.
Speaker 4: She ain't having sex with them. She having sex with you, my boy.
Speaker 8: But he probably he probably don't like the attention that they're getting with the.
Speaker 7: Love walking three dogs outside. They probably all small, and you probably don't look masculine.
Speaker 1: No, he's it. No, he probably don't like having to pick up the pool.
Speaker 7: He don't want that too. You know, he don't like three little poodles. And he looked crazy, and he feels like he look crazy. That's the problem, man, He can't be jealous of no debt. What you're gonna tell your girl? Don't don't pet the dog right now?
Speaker 3: Pet me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, you say that.
Speaker 3: Don't you have a dog? A kiss right now?
Speaker 1: Kiss me? Yeah?
Speaker 7: You say that, you say that you communicate? What that's communication?
Speaker 3: Well, this is another dog lover you got. I love my dog. I got two dogs. You got two dolls?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got two.
Speaker 8: Never told me that what are their names? One is named Champ and one is name the other one is my mom dog. I forgot the other dog name. But I got to take care of both, I said. One of my dogs, my dog. I have a pit boy. His name is Champ. I've had him since I was sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but don't you take care of your mom's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's like really like her dog.
Speaker 3: But you don call her name to eat? Come here? No here.
Speaker 1: As soon as I call Champ, then she come to.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 1: The dog. I mean her dog gets white.
Speaker 3: And I'm just two boys or two girls.
Speaker 8: No, it's it's it's a boy and a girl. Okay, you five know her name is Princess. That's her name, Princess.
Speaker 3: He just made that up. No I didn't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call my mama right now. She's gonna put them dogs right on.
Speaker 3: Face time, like look all right, that was balling milk. Before we get out of here, we got a pep talk with Preach the Kid.
Speaker 4: To my fans.
Speaker 2: I definitely want to say, if y'all focused on a goal, don't give up, don't take note for an answer. Kick down those doors. You might have to step over some people, but you can make it there and keep God first.
Speaker 5: Can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller alert, log on to baller alert dot com