Speaker 1: Hi, Andrew, Hi, I like this one. No, you don't like that one. You can look at your phone. Let's do this one. Got to do this one. I want to start the episode. Great A, Welcome to Serial Killers. This is the podcast where we try Cereal.
Speaker 2: We try Cereal A thousand serials and counting, folks.
Speaker 1: We are counting because they're probably up to like one thousand and fifty by now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh? This is the podcast award winning, nominated, nominated, not we didn't win, all right? Let me back then. This is the podcort, the podcast, award nominated podcast about cereal. There we go? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Award nominated podcast? That's all you have to say?
Speaker 1: What did I say?
Speaker 2: The podcast award nominated podcast?
Speaker 1: Whatever? We were nominated for an award, but we didn't win.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we're nominated. So from now and forevermore we are both podcast nominated talent. Do you think that we award nominated talent? I should say?
Speaker 1: Do you think that we could be nominated for something again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or in some other award show?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: Can we submit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did for the Webbies. We didn't even become an honoree.
Speaker 1: I kept seeing emails from webbies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a scam.
Speaker 1: Everything's a scam. Life is a scam. Andy, Yeah, let's eat cereal talking about I guess.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't say it's a scam because I don't know. No one's watching it from the webbies. But you never know, you know, speaking of scam, what are you doing touching yourself?
Speaker 1: No, my shirt was bunching up. Need a haircut. I'm getting a haircut today. Cool saying that song I'll give you ten bucks?
Speaker 2: Uh Blonde madon the Vinyls Divinyls?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, would you have ever gotten that?
Speaker 2: You know? It was on Karaoke Revolution as a kid, so okay, now let me tell let me it's an American. I don't want sorry just to quickly pear off. But the American idol Karaoke Revolution was my jam because you would get fake judged afterwards, and I thought it was the best thing in the entire world.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have to tell you, our friend Matt has really discovered the treasure trove of cereals now, all the stuff that he's been sending us a lot of it. Now I realize where it came from because I went to this store last week and I found a bunch of stuff. One of the boxes I got was thirty seven cents. It was insane. So dollar Tree, No, it wouldn't Hello, if it was Dollar Tree would be a dollar twenty five. Learn about dollar stores. Okay. It was Big Lots. Oh have you ever been to a Big Lot? Yes, it's a very interesting store.
Speaker 2: There's one across from the Ikea and near the Newark Airport.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bought toilet paper there once. It lasted me and I'm not even kidding you for like a full year. Really, I bought that much toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, so we were shopping at Big Lots and I was with Cooper because it was just a fun Saturday night at Big Lots. We went looking at puppies at the Puppy Place. Then we went to the Indian Market to see what kind of cereal they had, and they didn't have anything, but they had like a seventeen gallon vat of gee. It's scary it eats gee. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, my mom was on the gee train for a hot second and then was.
Speaker 1: Like I'm good and then it's slid off the rails.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we were in the store, and Cooper came running over to me and said, Dad, I know you had something like this, but this is different. I was like, okay, and she was all excited because it's frosted flakes with Gibbets marshmallows. Oh okay, okay. So so Kellogg's is on the croc span wagon now, and so I had to buy the box so I could get Cooper her free gibbet. So this is going to be exactly like frosted flakes with marshmallows, which we've had, but they're Gibbets marshmallows, so they're what it's Hey, technically it's a different cereal. No, yes, no, we never had a cereal called frosted flakes with Gibbets marshmallows.
Speaker 2: The lengths that you go to to make things, okay, are crazy. It's your world. I'm just eating cereal on it.
Speaker 1: But it's true we never had this. If you've got a Serial Killers PC dot com right now, you would give it.
Speaker 2: Marshmallows are going to tase like marshmallows, which means that we had frosted flakes with marshmallows. If I brought this in, do you know what you would, do you look at it? Go?
Speaker 1: No, No, maybe the recipe is slightly different. Yeah, okay, if you could find the box of frostleg.
Speaker 2: I'm not going anywhere near this roach infested den, roaches, whatever mice are enjoying with marshmallw they don't.
Speaker 1: Come up this high.
Speaker 2: They do, they don't, They definitely do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, all I know is I went online and I scanned will look QR code and I got the I got the two can Sam Gibbet for Cooper because they also make this in uh fruit loops with marshmallows. The only thing is that one doesn't stay with Gibbets marshmallows. That one just is with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: So we've had that we can't do.
Speaker 1: No, we haven't had that. We've had that one. You're right, so we can't do that one.
Speaker 2: We've also had this not exactly Gibbet's marshmallows.
Speaker 1: You'll see it's not going to be a repeat on the website.
Speaker 2: Fans, if you you could do polls on Instagram now, so when you post this picture, please post did we already have frosted flakes with Mark Fellas?
Speaker 1: We did, but we didn't have frosted flakes with Gibbet's marshmallow.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think it. I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going back to the Farmland Fresh Stirries fridge.
Speaker 2: You know, if I just imagine myself being like, oh my god, Scott, look, and all you would do is be like, no, well, but because you bought it, It's like, oh my god, that's what I'm.
Speaker 1: Getting from the Formland Fresh Dairries fridge. Andrew the Big Boy. Oh, I never bought the gallon before, but we have lots of work to do, so lots of milk to drink. So it is two percent Farmland Fresh Airries, two percent gallon size.
Speaker 2: Tony the Tiger and Tucan Sam are helping. Do you have crocs?
Speaker 1: I have one pair and I only wear it to like, go out and get the newspaper on Sunday mornings because I don't.
Speaker 2: Like crocs are comfortable.
Speaker 1: I have to admit I would never wear them out anywhere.
Speaker 2: I have camouflage ones and they are super cozy.
Speaker 1: I use them as slippers like I don't I don't like, won't go anywhere in them. Yeah you know what I mean? Did you throw the spoons out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I threw mine a new one. Wait what spoons? I thought this was a different week because you were wearing a different shirt.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean we're actually recording this episode on Earth Day, So the fact you threw a plastic spoon away, I'm very ashamed of you.
Speaker 2: Oh well, let me go back to your house where you have what is that plastic bags galore?
Speaker 1: But I reuse them.
Speaker 2: What are the styrofoam cups?
Speaker 1: You're like?
Speaker 2: I hate them.
Speaker 1: I bought them before they got plastic straws. Yeah, screw those paper ones.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: It tastes different. It's really good. Yeah, it's so sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's overly sweet, but it is good. So I give it four bowls. It doesn't need frosted flakes, don't need marshmallows.
Speaker 1: I'm all you, everything needs marshmallows. I disagree, really, but this is good. Even that full thing of lucky charms marshmallows is just marshmallows. Needs more marshmallows, Like marshmallows on top of marshmallows. What are you doing over there? Work balls? Did you give it for? You know? It's interesting The sweetness washes off the flakes. Really quick.
Speaker 2: Four balls. Yea.
Speaker 1: I will also give it four balls for the immense sweetness. Immense, it's very very sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little too sweet.
Speaker 1: Let me bouncing off the walls?
Speaker 2: I know you won't being bouncing off the walls again?
Speaker 1: Do you think that? Uh, the that I don't remember. It's some alternative, Like what do you think the song was called? What do you think it was called? I don't think it was called Bouncing off the walls? Bouncing off the walls again? Whoa, I'm just gonna put in bounce and see what happens bo s E bouncing off the wall. There it is Green Day, Green Day, No, No, that's that's yeah. And we definitely don't have that Sugar Cold not we got Sugar Ray though. Yeah. Did you know? And Mark McGrath told us this himself that their last that was their last hit when it's over, and they didn't realize that they were never going to have another hit again. So that song actually it was true to its title. Huh isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, thanks Mark.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do this episode a little bit wonky because uh, we're gonna take a break now and then come back and do two more and I'm gonna explain to you why right after this.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: Oh but you said cool, so you might have messed up your hole, buddy. So a couple of weeks ago, Chef Aaron reached out to me, uh huh okay, very excited. He's this great chef and introduced this new line of fine and we got this really cool box.
Speaker 2: I thought you said in the last episode that that's where the new cereal goes.
Speaker 1: But this this is special box. That's all old. Everything there's old. We've done everything there except this box. So this this is best Listen, it's called best behavior. Okay, it's a chef created And look at that blueberry buttermilk pancake, irresistible cereal love the box are right? Isn't it cool? That's not that kava stuff? What is it? What do you call it? What's the what's the cut art thing? Now it is?
Speaker 2: That's Canva fun I could tell you Canva fon. Is it really h But this is beautiful?
Speaker 1: Isn't it really nice? The box is great and I guess these are lips, right, So I told I. Look, he offered to send the cereals.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fine, best behavior.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's lips And I said, listen, we're very excited to try it, thank you so much, but I must tell you we're going to be brutally honest. And his exact words were, we love the honesty, so you know, if it's bad, we're gonna tell you it's not that great. But oh that's kind of cute.
Speaker 2: They packed it to the brim. Yep, I love the box art.
Speaker 1: Now can you read it to me? Is there any is there? Is it any like you know, vegan this and where best behavior a.
Speaker 2: Chef founded brand?
Speaker 1: Guy? Oh my god, but it's not like we're best behavior chef found.
Speaker 2: Guided by the belief that satisfaction isn't secondary to a healthy diet. We craft crepeable cereals that catch your taste butts off guard to breakfast and beyond. We do this by applying carefully curated ingredients. You would like them because they culinary inclined fashion.
Speaker 1: Huh, but it's not like beans and stuff, right, Nope, you.
Speaker 2: Can't have this because it has sunflower oil.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Uh, actually, butter, okay, the butter is great.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying please.
Speaker 1: They have three flavors. They have this one they have and the one that we did not get is the one that I begged for. Andrew, if you don't know me mine now, you will never, never, never, never know me.
Speaker 2: I don't song.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Andrew, if you don't know me, no, no, simply red, simply read. If you don't know me, come on man. And we even did this as an episode a long time ago. Yeah, come on, bro, what it's like mid eighties. We used to listen to this song on what station was it? I don't remember what it was, but when I worked in that five and dime story, this would always play on Mix one oh five or whatever the station was. You will never ever, ever ever know me.
Speaker 2: For this episode getting monetized.
Speaker 1: No, that was sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was short enough ish all right.
Speaker 1: So they're nice looking little puffs coated with whatever the flavor is in this when happens to be blueberry pancake.
Speaker 2: But I wish we did these first, why because this was so sweet? Ye that this is not going to be sweet. You don't know that it's not gonna be as sweet because blueberries are not as sweet.
Speaker 1: No, but there's cane sugar in here.
Speaker 2: Pure smell interesting smell.
Speaker 1: It kind of smells like the magic spoon a little bit, right, Oh, Chef Aaron, I want to like this so much. Here we go. It does have a nice blueberry taste. The cereal kind of reminds me of like a trendy breakfast place in the village. I do taste the buttermilk, believe it or not, right, I know the consistency is a is a little bit like the packing peanut.
Speaker 2: I think this would ben af it from being a flake. The flavor they have.
Speaker 1: The flavor is good.
Speaker 2: I think a flake would benefit this more than a puff. Like blueberry pancake flakes. You got me as a puff, I think you lose something.
Speaker 1: But I think the puff is the whole thing. If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: That's the pancakes, all puffs.
Speaker 1: I think all their syry is are puff. We're gonna find out in a second.
Speaker 2: It's not bad. I actually think the blueberry taste is decent. It kind of tastes like it doesn't pop the Push Pop ice cream. Oh sure, it tastes like the Push pop ice cream like the toilet paper tube. Yes, yeah, and I love those ice creams. I'm going to give this three bowls blueberry powder. It it's actual real blueberry obviously have the monk fruit in there. I think that's what that little taste is, you know, toward the end.
Speaker 1: What did you say, I give it three bowls, three bowls. I'm gonna give it three bowls in a spoon because I really I like the real blueberry flavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: The consistency is a little bit strange to me, but good shot, I like it. Yeah. I think that the cereal will do okay in the you know, in the trendy market.
Speaker 2: In the village where they barely only sell this cereal.
Speaker 1: No, you know what this If this gets I don't know where they sell this right now, to be honest with you, but if this gets into whole foods, I think it'll be very successful for sure. Now I'm gonna tell you right off the bat, I'm not gonna like this one, no offense. But I do not like coffee flavored things.
Speaker 2: And I love coffee flavored things.
Speaker 1: But there is pictures of chocolate on the back, so it must taste a little bit like chocolate. I know, mocha is chocolate.
Speaker 2: About to say, I get it, I felt Spanish.
Speaker 1: You didn't why that's a Spanish word, mocha. Yeah, yeah, what does mocha mean? I thought, no, that's chocol atee.
Speaker 2: Oh well, come on.
Speaker 1: Pal, you kind of have to like break the lip seal to open an eyt?
Speaker 2: Is mocha Spanish?
Speaker 1: I don't think it is, Andrew, We'll see. It actually has a nice smell to it. What smell this? It smells nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right, okay, it's from Oh it's from Yemen. Well, okay, don't listen to a word I say on this podcast, because ninety eight percent of the time you'll find out it's that true.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what this cereal looks exactly like. You'll say, okay, because you have no clue. You've never seen in your life. There was a cereal in the eighties called Rocky Road that General Mills made that I would love for them to bring back. This looks exactly like Rocky Road because some of those pieces look like there's marshmallows in them, but they're not that like the lesser coated pieces look like chocolate covered marshmallows. So right off the bat, this cereal is taking me back. Okay, it's not gonna taste anything like that, but that's what it looks like. It looks like Rocky Road cereal from the eighties, just saying I like the.
Speaker 2: Smell of this one better than I did the blueberry one.
Speaker 1: Okay, the smell is good. I'm gonna tell you right now. The consistency will Oh how funny. Look there's a coffee cup stain on the back. Oh fun yeah, but it's printed there. I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: H Oh. Really, you would never do that with one of your precious kids. You would just leave them to rot.
Speaker 1: All right, your desk farm, their fresh dairies, two percent milk in the big boy one gallon jug.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get into this because I feel like we need a slogan before we eat cereal.
Speaker 1: Now, what do you mean so.
Speaker 2: We can put that on T shirts?
Speaker 1: What like?
Speaker 2: We need a slogan before we eat the cereal? Okay? The way it's like, oh, let's get cracking.
Speaker 1: Crunching, let's crunch. Let's get crunching.
Speaker 2: No, because do you what if it's not a crunchy cereal.
Speaker 1: All cereals are crunchy, otherwise they're not cereal.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's get crunching.
Speaker 1: There we go. They look like cocoa puffs.
Speaker 2: TM.
Speaker 1: See, I'm gonna be a bad judge of this because I taste the coffee and I don't like. I don't like coffee stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm not tasting any coffee I do. I let me try another one.
Speaker 1: I taste the latte, I do like. I'll tell you one thing, though, I like the consistency of this one better, even though it's the same kind of puff. Yeah, the blueberry one kind of did something at the end that this one doesn't. I will say they are it's got that little monk fruit taste at the end.
Speaker 2: I don't taste that.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 1: I give it four bowls, all right, And just because I'm not a coffee guy, I'm sorry. Two bowls in a spoon. It's a really good shot. And I'm sure people that like Mocha lates will enjoy this.
Speaker 2: No longer you're eating it from where you get the coffee taste, yeah, which I appreciate. And I like about this.
Speaker 1: You know who else would like this?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Greg put McGhee, uh put McGee loves coffee flavored cereals. Yeah, maybe we can get him a box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was good, I have to say for New cereals. It's very rare that we have had new cereals recently that are not weird tasting that afterwards we want to gag and vomit.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you what, Chef Aaron, if you're listening, I would absolutely love to try the Simon Brioche one. And if you could send one more box of the mocha late, I'm going to send it to our buddy Greg poot McGee. He is with the Jonas Brothers. Yeah, and he loves coffee cereal, so that'd be great and we'll forward it onto him. I'm sure that he'll love that.
Speaker 2: Also, come on our show, we'll talk to you about cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I should love to know how that happens.
Speaker 1: That is interesting. We've never actually spoken to a cereal maker before. I love that. Okay cool? And if isn't is he in New York? I don't know where that box come from.
Speaker 2: Look, it's literally in front of you.
Speaker 1: No, I want to see where the box was sipped from. Oh yeah, no, it came from Illinois. But that's where they're well, that's where their warehouse is. What does it saying on here? Oh it says distributed by Houston Texas. I don't know where they make it though, And look it came with this like newspaper type thing.
Speaker 2: Look the marketing is ten out of ten. I actually want to work for your company. The marketing is fantastic. I love the box art. I love what you're doing with these promo boxes. This is genius. You guys are geniuses.
Speaker 1: Wow. Chef Aaron and the team.
Speaker 2: Behavior ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: Check them out at Best Behavior serial on Instagram. Please check out our friends Farmland Fresh Dairies on Instagram and follow us at Serial Killers PC on Instagram and whatever the other thing is. I got to update that one. You know, it's just a wasteland now. The former Twitter. Oh, I'm not even calling it because I think it's.
Speaker 2: At I don't go on x ever.
Speaker 1: No, I know you got off of there. Yeah, well, because I post our episodes every week there and we get like two likes because no one's there anymore. So maybe I'll get it there at some point. Anyway, follow us like us do all these things. Check it out on YouTube if you want to see the serials. And until we see you next time with either a bowl Chat or Serial Killers, say crunch my friend Crunch
Speaker 2: Pel