Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, A little little down fire on that, you know, poor little doubt.
Speaker 2: Fire on them, investigators, doubt fire.
Speaker 1: And welcome to this episode of Gould the petank trend.
Speaker 2: Ah, Yes, showdown.
Speaker 3: First, Mandy Patinkin.
Speaker 2: Is the latest hot or not debate?
Speaker 3: Sex off? Yeah, sexy off.
Speaker 4: We finally we find ourselves on the different end of the spectrum here we do.
Speaker 3: I'm Mandy strongly.
Speaker 1: I just think, uh, Elliott Gould is really hot in that uh the long goodbye?
Speaker 3: Is that what that's called?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't matter, Mandy Patinkin all the way, doesn't matter, doesn't matter, don't matter.
Speaker 2: I don't care, don't care.
Speaker 1: All right, should we tell the people what's trending besides horniness for Elliott Gould and Mandy Patinkin?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What else? What else?
Speaker 3: What else? What else?
Speaker 1: That that one, by the way, Gould is winning by a narrow margin. So if you're if you're a pittank in head, go find the poll on Twitter, and you.
Speaker 3: Know you do your best, make sure your voice is heard. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fox News New Lineup just dropped the Drudge Report, did a siren blaring scoop on Wednesday, announcing that yeah, it's basically what we thought, Sean Hannity is going to take over at eight pm, and who's that?
Speaker 2: Who's that spot of that?
Speaker 3: That Tucker's Yeah that was Tucker.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I was assumed Hannity was like equal to Tucker. But apparently like the real spot, the real good spot is like eight because their audience goes to bed like thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like that sleepy.
Speaker 2: Time, that sleepy time t for xenophils.
Speaker 1: Yes, so now that's Sean Hannity, and then Jesse Waters and gut Felt.
Speaker 4: Screaming out and moved to Wait, so Gutfeld will have his late night show and a primetime spot or Gutfeld is I'm assuming they're moving gut Felt into primetime.
Speaker 2: Got it, got it? Got it.
Speaker 4: That's not a good look for them in the primetime. We're gonna have the worst talk show on our news channel.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, I mean they have always that whole area of the schedule is entertainment.
Speaker 3: So maybe they just they're.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, this is this is what we do. Yeah, it'll be like they're the Daily Show. I guess sure, so great, and then Tucker will be entertaining us youngsters on Twitter. Those people under the age of sixty five. Can't wait, I can't wait. What the fuck Elon Musk is really? Like obviously we've known he has lost, Like this is too much now yeah, now now he's openly anti Semitic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just a fucking racist. You know, he's out here fully on this ship.
Speaker 4: There's no there's no like intellect will cover for this, like it is what it is, chis what kis? Surprise, Like, where's the news reporting about that? Or they they value their gold check marks on Twitter too much to report that shit.
Speaker 1: Bad week, bad day for Ron DeSantis. So, first of all, Donna Degan just won the mayoral election in Jacksonville, becoming only the second Democrat to ever be elected mayor of Florida's biggest city.
Speaker 3: At least in the past three decades Miami. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jacksonville is Florida's biggest city by like double wow. Yeah, it's population is almost a million. Miami is like four hundred thousand. That blew my mind. Yeah, blew my mind.
Speaker 3: I just go by.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well they got more sports teams, right. I had that kind of logic where I'm like, nah, man, the cities with the sports teams have the biggest populations ever, that's how not.
Speaker 3: The Jacksonville Heat.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, they so just this was DeSantis like back to the Republican candidate obviously Daniel Davis, and.
Speaker 3: People did not vote for him. They voted for Donna Degan, a dem somebody who they really like.
Speaker 1: Tried to, you know, emphasize that she had gone to Black Lives Matter protests and a local sheriff warned people that she would install scary radical policies and people be.
Speaker 4: San Francisco if you're not careful. I think it was like one of the refrains from the right in.
Speaker 3: That race didn't seem to work. So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And also he got involved in a Kentucky gubernatorial election and he like back to Republican candidate against a Trump backed candidate and people were like, oh, now we're going to see who really yeahs And he got his ass whooped there too, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was wild too. They kept trying to hit this like Degan on this like, oh, she's going to cut the police force, but she never really even said that.
Speaker 3: She's a Democrat. She's not. She's not going to gut the police force. I loved the police.
Speaker 2: It's not a socialists.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, shout out to Jacksonville though Jack's good for Jacksonville News. Uh the or like, what was it, I don't know, they had like some action news Jackson Action.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was Action news Jacks.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: I was like, y'all could have done better than that.
Speaker 1: You should have respected the work of the great Carl Weathers and come up with an Action Jackson play on the name of your local news program, the program. Let's see, there's depressing statements from Diane Feinstein claiming she hasn't been gone when I asked about her lengthy absence from the Senate.
Speaker 3: No year, I've been voting.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no, oh god, just please, just someone figure it out.
Speaker 2: Like she doesn't need to be doing this anymore.
Speaker 3: She doesn't even.
Speaker 2: Have a functional memory to know when she's working. Yeah, like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: It's whatever, it's grim grim, But we need those votes right now in the Senate, and we don't know how to talk her out of this because this is ugh it's it's just just like we were talking about, I think earlier this week when you were first talking about this story.
Speaker 2: Just a bad, bad situation.
Speaker 4: And just underlines all the way as we fall short, especially even like with the with legislators like this, you got to send it set up so the older you are, like, the better positions you'll have for chairmanships or to be chair of certain committees. And come on, let's just let's just set these little age limits or term limits because people don't need to be out here this long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 1: And a professor in Texas at Texas A and M flunked all his students after chat GPT falsely claimed it wrote their papers.
Speaker 4: Wait, how does it claim how did it claim that? It's like, I'm sorry, professor, but I have something to tell you. Unfortunately, your students are untrustworthy and deployed my intelligence for this paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like he's turning over his job, like all of his work to chat GPT and then getting mad if it claims other people are doing the same thing. Doctor Jared Mom, a campus rodeo instructor, Okay, he also teaches agricultural classes, sent an email Monday to a group of students informing them that he had submitted grades for their last three essay assignments of the semester, everyone would be receiving an X in the course. Mom exclaimed Hell he had used chat GPT to test whether they'd use the software to write the papers, and the bok claimed to have authored every single one.
Speaker 2: Uh so put a dumb double edged sword.
Speaker 4: Now it's become oh yeah, well that none of you passed because the thing told me you guys cheated.
Speaker 1: I copy and paste your This is a direct one. I copy and paste your responses in chat GPT, and it will tell me if the program generated the contact.
Speaker 3: He seems like he doesn't. He can't communic.
Speaker 1: Stick to rodeos, man, Yeah, too many rodeos and sometimes uh it not being your first rodeo and in fact being your two million is not good.
Speaker 2: For the old I get it though. Those eight seconds though, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with very little prompting.
Speaker 1: Chat gpt will even claim to have written passages from famous novels such as Prime and Punishment.
Speaker 4: So it's really just got an ego now too, it's oh yeah I did that, Yeah, I wrote that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh you ever heard of big l Any Big l Freestyle? Two?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: Ask Beavis I get nothing but a head. That's me chat GPT. I wrote that line.
Speaker 1: Oh man, so uh so people who assume that they can use chat GPT as a lie detector test. Yeah, probably shouldn't be teaching.
Speaker 4: I wondered, like, do we know if like the professors come back around it's like, ah, yeah, that was that was kind of a mistake, or just doubling down, Like, no.
Speaker 1: Miles, this is a story we're going to be following from developed developer still developing. I'm assuming he will be uh correcting that decision and laughed at right, all right? Uh?
Speaker 3: Ron DeSantis another l baby.
Speaker 1: He appointed someone to the New Disney oversite board, and it turns out that person has suggested tap water could turn people gay.
Speaker 2: So is it Alex Jones?
Speaker 3: He's probably a fan of Alex Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the info Wars tatted would that take?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Go on?
Speaker 4: Is it the fluoride and making the frogs gay and all that stuff?
Speaker 2: He's falling that whole logic train.
Speaker 3: Probably, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: It's Ron Perry, an Orlando based former pastor and the CEO of the Gathering, a Christian ministry focused on outreach to men. Oh, I've heard of that. Yeah, and he's now one of five people who will overseee the Reedy Creek Improvement District. And he thinks that tapwater can turn you gay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's again I love that.
Speaker 4: So is he gonna do something then about water rights?
Speaker 2: Does he care about things like that too?
Speaker 4: If the water can turn you gay, then is there a problem with the water that you need to, you know, have better standards for water or what is it about the water.
Speaker 1: Here's his direct quote. So why are there homosexuals today?
Speaker 2: Oh? My God, that killed me. Oh Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: There are any number of reasons, you know, that are given. Some would say the increase in estrogen in our societies. You know, there's estrogen in the water from birth control pills. They can't get it out. He basically said in January twenty twenty two, the level of testosterone and men broadly in America has declined by fifty points in the past ten years, you know, And.
Speaker 3: So maybe that's a part of it, uh huh.
Speaker 1: But the big part I would suggest to you, based upon what it's saying here, is the removal of constraint. So our society provided the constraint, and so which is the responsibility of a society to constrain people from doing evil. Well, you remove the constraints and then evil occurs. Okay, all right, killing it. Thanks thanks preacher.
Speaker 3: Yes, seems like he has some interesting ideas.
Speaker 4: It's just shocking after what we said yesterday about people leaving the church and droves. I mean, when they're saying stuff like this, I mean the fuck I'd like. I'm there for both weekends of the gathering. The gathering just people just weeping, holding each.
Speaker 2: Other and speaking in tongues. Man, they love to see it.
Speaker 1: Finally I can just be vulnerable among other misogynistic, homophobic people. Oscar Meyer has renamed the Wiener Mobile the Frank Mobile. This feels like a story that is designed to bait, Like, yeah, bait, like to get Tucker Carlson to be like, oh what we can't say the word weener. Now that's what I call my penis in the bedroom. So Wiener Mobile, the Wiener Mobile.
Speaker 4: Making a stop. Wait, so do they say anything about it. It's just like, hey, it's a new name.
Speaker 1: Now. It feels like they're just being like, what we just wanted to do it? They say it pays homage to the brands on Beef Franks as it debuts a new tasty recipe that is more flavorful than ever. So they're looking for something to hang a news story on, and they're like, well, this will probably make people mad. And they're sporting some fun new features, like they've changed the Wiener whistles that they give out to be called Frank whistles. The people who drive the thing used to be called hot Doggers, but now they're called Frankfurters.
Speaker 2: Because they're from Frankfurt, Germany.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, okay, and Frank's for Franks. This is actually fun. They could have done this without changing the name of the thing. Frank's for Frank's, meaning anyone who is named an iteration of Frank can stop by in person to get a coupon for a free pack of Oscar Meyer b Franks.
Speaker 3: So that's fun. But you could have done that without.
Speaker 4: So this is like, yeah, it's part promo, part maybe we can get into the right wing outrage cycle. Yeah maybe, because I mean, if they were really doing it, their statement would attribute how like Wiener is problematic for them and they're trying to move.
Speaker 2: Past such phallic shit or whatever. But I don't know that, sure, I mean I don't need I don't even eat.
Speaker 4: Hey, the only Oscar Myers I get were those cheese dogs, man, with the cheese core.
Speaker 2: Those are so bad for you.
Speaker 4: But man, that was like my fucking junior high, like breakfast, lunch and dinner for a while.
Speaker 3: Like it was liquid cheese.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, if Gatorade made a cheese flavor, like oh with the cheese, not the script cheese flavor for sure. Yeah. Yeah, people are too tired to lead healthier lifestyles. According to a UK survey that The Guardian reported on this tracks this is modern life feels bad and makes living in it very like you're just.
Speaker 3: Exhausted all the time.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, so it sucks that the way to feel less exhausted is to have to like push through the.
Speaker 4: Exhaustion and like right, yeah, because the second I'm like I think about exercising sometimes I'm like, look, I got a lot of tables, man, I got a lot of table I don't know if I can. I don't know if you're gonna see me sweating right now.
Speaker 2: It's just life. Life got you sweating already.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean it's it's wild too, because even there are times when I was absolutely not doing anything like physical and then also coincided with some darker periods in my emotional state, and it took a little bit of be like, let's add a little bit of activity to your lifestyle to get your blood flowing and remind yourself of the sensation of being.
Speaker 3: In your body. Just make your bed, go for a walk, all these things.
Speaker 2: Make your bed. Listen to Jordan Peterson.
Speaker 1: Listen to make your bed, and find out the truth about what men are supposed to be, like.
Speaker 2: Say like monster trucks.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Did you see that.
Speaker 4: Clip of one of those Christian men's fucking fests where like the monster truck, like a fucking tank came out and like like explosions on either side of the stage. A fucking tank comes out and just rolls over a bunch of cars and then goes back and they're like, all right, what's next, And it was like it's truly like idiocracy type shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's a great run in I think I think it's just an episode of Workaholics where there's like a Christian weightlifting team that like comes to town and it's just uses the power of Christ to compel the weights into the sky above them. But that's I believe, a real thing. Love it, Yeah, you do have to love it. Yeah, those are the rules.
Speaker 2: I was in Missouri.
Speaker 4: Monster trucks, tanks, guns, and pyrotechnics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's that's how you express your masculinity, is stuff that's sting in a group of other men and looking at those things.
Speaker 4: Well it speaks like yeah, it truly speaks to like the human urge of like if you can't create, then destroy. Yeah, and that's all like Christian masculinity is. And I was like, I don't know, man, you could break a bunch of shit with these monster trucks.
Speaker 2: How about us and guns?
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, cool, cool cool.
Speaker 3: All right, well.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.