Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio our.
Speaker 2: Two on this Monday. Gangs all here ready to go post draft. Fritzy's here, Dylan's here, Marvin Paulie yours truly, and of course the back room guys. We'll get to more phone calls coming up, as we always do every Monday. Best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked, you didn't like? Operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls. Good morning if you allowed us into your home and streaming partner Peacock download the app if you haven't done so, and NBC Sports Network. Good morning to our radio affiliates, including iHeartRadio and Fox Sports Radio as well.
Speaker 3: NBA.
Speaker 2: The Rockets are still alive. I'm not sure when KD is coming back. Pistons and the Magic tonight, and this might need Detroit season on the line. Thunder and the Suns, Timberwolves and the Nuggets. Timberwolves will be without Dante DiVincenzo it blew out his achilles, and Anthony Edwards he's got a hyper extended knee. He's out for a couple of weeks as well. But there is no love loss between Timberwolves and the Nuggets. It has been a very, very physical series here. They've done an incredible job shutting down Joker, but there's still hanging in there and with these injuries, maybe Denver can make this a series eight seven, seven to three. DP Show email ADDRESSDP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show.
Speaker 3: Here's something for you.
Speaker 2: Our stat of the Day is always brought to you by Pennini America, the official trading cards of the program. With one more win in the NBA playoffs, Lebron James will have one hundred and eighty eight career playoff victories. That total will exceed the playoff wins of one to eighty seven for the entire Chicago Bulls franchise.
Speaker 1: Daydayday.
Speaker 3: This is the style of the day.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Bulls, their former head coach Billy Donovan, as I said a couple of weeks ago, is waiting for one NBA job now. I was initially told that if Orlando opens up that he might be going back to Orlando because he left the University of Florida to go coach Orlando and then decided not to coach Orlando. But if at Orlando advances, Billy Donovan is not going to end up in Orlando. Now here is the team that he is waiting for, the Golden State Warriors. Golden State Warriors, Steve Kerr Donovan is sixty years of age. He has been in the NBA for a decade, So Oklahoma City, then the Bulls the last six seasons with Chicago stepping down. H Yeah, I had an average career there. He had one winning season, one playoff appearance, but highly thought of and maybe Golden State will be a landing spot for Billy Donovan. But Chris Mannicks from Sports Illustrated had this as well. Yes, Marvin, why would the.
Speaker 4: Warriors want Billy Donovan is the real question. If you've just been average, it's not like, man, he's going to turn things around.
Speaker 3: If Steve Curly's I know, I know. Plus, that's an old well, it's not an old roster.
Speaker 2: You had it right the first time. Your best player is old. I don't know what Jimmy Butler is going to be doing. You know, That's that's kind of a transitional roster. It feels like, do I want to bring in Billy Donovan? Yes, Marvin, Yeah, your three top players are all over the age of thirty five. That's an old team, yeah, Draymond, Yeah, but I don't I mean Jimmy Butler, Yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't want to bring a veteran coach in when I'm going to be losing my veterans here. It's going to be a younger team. But Billy Donovan, that's the one he's going to be coaching. He's not retiring from coaching. I think Steve Kerr has done coaching. I think he's probably going to do media again. Yes, Paul, that's.
Speaker 5: What I was going to ask. Steve Kerr is sixty, He's got the credentials to get into the Hall of Fame. The motivation for him to take another project, like a below average team, I can't see it.
Speaker 2: Well, some guys just they want to coach, that's what they do. Steve Kerr was really good as an analyst and would get that opportunity. But I still kind of waiting to see how that shakes out there with Golden State. I mean, it feels like if Steph Curry says, Hey, I want Steve Kerr to be my coach, and then going back to the interview that I did with Steve Kerr at the Super Bowl in San Francisco, and he said, Hey, we're a package deal that I want to coach Steph as long as he's going to play. But it feels like, and now what I was told is Steve wants more control with Golden State and he's not going to get that. I think this has been widely publicized that he speaks up on social issues too much for the front office at Golden State. But that's just sort of where we are in the NBA landscape heading into the off season for some of these teams.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marv, isn't that the same issue that the Warriors had with Mark Jackson.
Speaker 3: I think his was more religious church, but.
Speaker 4: Just speaking out just overall, just a little outspoken on maybe their views and their morals.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 2: But I remember where Mark Jackson, the story goes, brought Steph Curry to his church and then they blessed his ankle. Oh now I don't know if they put hands on it, but they blessed his ankle and he hasn't had ankle problems since then. It's just Mark couldn't save his job. They should have blessed Mark trying to save his job, and you know, maybe he could have kept that yes, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 6: So they did like the reverse Achilles where his ankle was protected, but the rest of him wasn't as opposed to just his ankle not being you know, the story of Achilles. They dipped them in by his ankle, his heel.
Speaker 3: Oh, now we're showing off our education. Uh, I don't think that's education.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little prep school, Denver University.
Speaker 3: I went to public high school, then, did you. Yeah, okay, can you tell.
Speaker 2: You know a public school in a rich town. So that's kind of like private school for us. It was pretty dumb to go to that town and send your kids to private school. Yeah, okay, all right, Well, thank you about dipping Achilles.
Speaker 3: What did they dip in?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 6: They dipped them in the river held by his ankles, So that was the only part of him that wasn't protected. So if he got, you know, shot with an arrow in the ankle, that would be it's the only place you could kill him.
Speaker 3: All right, Greek mythology lesson.
Speaker 2: Thank you, welcome, hi, and I appreciate that based on a true story. Yeah, would you update the poll results here for hour two on the program?
Speaker 6: Yes, Dan, everyone thinks Diego Pavia is misunderstood. No kidding, Bobby, Bobby, Sorry, he went undrafted because eighty one percent say he's not NFL caliber.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, what else do you have?
Speaker 6: We could go off the draft length the NFL draft is here, was too short, too long?
Speaker 3: Or just right? I'm gonna say it was just right.
Speaker 2: But there was part of me that it just felt like teams were getting the pick in before, like the eight minutes had expired. I think that's where they need to hold back the pick and just make it it's going to be eight minutes each time, unless you're the Vikings and all of a sudden you forget that you're on the clock. Didn't didn't was Mike Tice the head coach of the Vikings back then? Didn't they miss twice? That they were they missed their opportunity on the clock. Maybe I'm making that up. Yes, d I believe that's correct. Okay, they had the two they missed the window twice, Yes, yes, Paul.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was a two thousand and three draft. The Vikings had the seventh pick. They didn't turn it in in time. There's not like there's a card. Back then, it wasn't a computer error and the Baltimore Ravens jumped them and took a player.
Speaker 2: Oh so they only did it once. They didn't do it twice. For some reason, I thought they were guilty of it twice.
Speaker 5: I think it may have happened later in that same draft.
Speaker 2: That's not a good song, you know. It's your organization being disorganized. It's like, hey, who's got the card? Well, I thought you had the card. No, I thought you had the card. And the Minnesota Vikings they missed their opportunity.
Speaker 3: The Baltimore Ravens are on the clock. Yes, so the backstore.
Speaker 5: The Vikings were trying to trade down with the Ravens and when they didn't get it in in time, the draft pick and they had fifteen minutes the trade. They automatically went down a spot. The good news is they wanted the player. Kevin Williams, the defensive tackle, went out to be a six time Pro Bowl. So the good news is they got the player they wanted. They worked out.
Speaker 2: Buddha in San Francisco. Good morning, Buddha, and what's on your mind today?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 8: DP?
Speaker 9: Happy Monday boys, Welcome back Night Shop in Pittsburgh. Best of the weekend. And I couldn't help. But imagine you Dan Chucklin and sipping some tequila yesterday while watching your boy Peyton YouTube legend Prichard going off. I mean he was on a heater, like Marvin says, he was hotter than the fish freez. He was fun to watch man putting people in a blender and making them look silly and the worst of the weekend. Dan, I hesitate to bring this up. The NBA reviewing the soul out of the game then, and they got more reviews than yelp. I mean, it's getting ridiculous with all the reviews, the whole flagrant two deep dives that go on. It is just wild to watch this game today and like to think back when the Bad Boys and the Bulls were playing and Boston in LA were knockdown dragouts. It's just such a different game we watched down.
Speaker 3: The players know it.
Speaker 9: You can see them actively acting and selling contact, lobbing for calls. I mean at times just making it just makes watching an NBA not.
Speaker 3: God, thank you, Budha. I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's some physicality in the game. I mean Minnesota and Denver that is physicality. That's as much physicality as if the Broncos played the Vikings. I mean they're going out each each other and you got Joker involved in it.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, I was about to say, anytime anything happens with the Nuggets and like a scuff on the court, I might please show.
Speaker 3: The other brothers. Please. Do the brothers travel with the Nuggets? Does? Does Jokich's brothers Are they there in the stands? Yes, Paul.
Speaker 5: Generally they're at home games. That game the other night with the little bit skirmish, yeah, they were not present.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would travel. I'd make sure that they traveled with us. They were part of the luggage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, deal, Does that skirmish happen if they are in the stands or McDaniels like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the players are protected on the floor. It's just if you go outside that then there could be an issue with those two guys. You know, when Joker is the smallest of the three brothers, You're like, wow, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 5: I've got pictures of all of them, and Joker is more lean and normal looking. The other brother look like they're in the movie Taken, like they're the bad guys and Taken that you don't want to mess with.
Speaker 2: Joker's going to look like those guys though in ten years. Just saying David in Ohio. We got to see David in Pittsburgh. He dropped by.
Speaker 7: Hi, David, Hey, Dan, I got a best of the weekend.
Speaker 9: Some Cowboys content for your.
Speaker 7: Best was seeing you guys at the draft. It was so great, great backdrop, you did, great interviews. The food was great off the Rectech grills as well as the awesome cigar lounge. So that was my best and some quick Cowboys content. Cowboys fans already celebrating a Caleb Downs first round six first round draft pick, and we're still waiting on Jerry Jones to announce the new sponsor for the Dallas Cowboys Swiffer as the official sponsor. Somebody's going to keep that trophy case.
Speaker 2: Just did thank you, all right, David, A little big wind up there, we're delivering it. I love what the Cowboys did with Caleb Downs, Like that guy is going to be the leader of that defense by all accounts. Well, they went up, they got him, and I think that's a great pick. You know, it's weird whenever you know, we love to give out grades, we like to do it right away and I always say, you, really, you can't judge a draft right away. Now we do it because it gets conversation going, but you've got to at least two years down the road, maybe three years, where you can look back and assess. Although remember the Lions draft. We take a middle linebacker, a running back, and a tight end and they got critiqued. Well, they got criticized, and I thought, well, okay, let me see how this all plays out. What didn't take that long before we realized the Lions did a wonderful job in that draft. But we tend to look and go, we'll start the draft and it'll be you know what, my team needs offensive guard, we need interior defensive linemen, we need you know, throw out the backup tight end. Then all of a sudden, you don't do any of those things and we go we didn't have a good draft. I'm like, you can still draft the best player available. That might be the smart way to go about it, instead of going, nope, that guy's really good, but nope, we got to get an offensive line lineman. There are times when you break protocol and you say Jack Campbell at Iowa, we got to have him as our linebacker and I think that's what sometimes gets teams in trouble. Where you are you've got a position you're going for, instead of saying, oh my god, that guy's available, Well you don't really need okay, but.
Speaker 3: That guy it we can't pass him up. Yeah, Dylan.
Speaker 6: If you look at like the perennially best drafting teams, a lot of them adopt the like take the without a glaring hole that you have to fill, Take the best player available, kind of regardless of position.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm looking at Milk Kuiper post draft, Browns, Raiders, Jets all given a's from mel Kiper.
Speaker 3: I don't know how good the picks are.
Speaker 2: This is about the process of who you're taking, the strategy of who you're taking. I like what the Jets did. It didn't feel forced, and it felt like we got three first round picks this year, three first round picks next year, and let's assess this after next season. The Browns are always up there. The Raiders are always up there. The Raiders, you're going to give a good grade because they got Fernando Mendoza. Well, they couldn't screw that up the Browns, but they did. Okay, But the Browns and Raiders and Jets are usually at the top of the draft every year. So how good are the drafts if they they'll repeat customers?
Speaker 5: Yeah, PAULI I'm looking back eight years at the Kansas City Chiefs draft of twenty seventeen. They took Mahomes. One of the things they did not need was a quarterback. Their quarterback, Alex Smith was eleven and four of the previous season and the Pro Bowls an ultnate and they got critique a little bit, why are we taking a project guy when we're all set in a nice way at the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: And teams get back into a corner where they have to draft a quarterback, like, we got to get a quarterback. And I always say get the right quarterback. If Carson Beck isn't the right quarterback, then.
Speaker 3: Don't take him.
Speaker 2: Take somebody else here Arizona. You need a lot of help, but you get the Well, we got to get our quarterback. You don't. You had that draft? What was that twenty eleven where all of a sudden, this run on court like it was crazy. Jake Locker ended up going to Tennessee. I love Jake Locker. I thought Jake Locker athletic man. He's gonna be good you dub Yeah.
Speaker 5: Paulie cam Newton went number one, Jake Locker went seven to Tennessee, Blaine Gabberton, oh Man, and to Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Christian Ponder goes twelve to Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's when I went no, no, no, no, no, no, no, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Just like, oh my god, we got to get our quarterback. Get your quarterback. When you find your quarterback, not well, I guess we'll take him. He played the position. All right, more phone calls coming up. We'll give you our best and worst to the weekend. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: Wapp stick outs here. I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow, and I.
Speaker 8: Have brought it here to iHeart.
Speaker 10: I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because my.
Speaker 8: Wife wanted to kick me out of the house.
Speaker 10: It's called Stegatzi Company Live, which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes. Every single day, some of the biggest names in sports, a lot of phone.
Speaker 11: Calls I love you guys, it's one of my favorite.
Speaker 10: A lot of interaction, guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you could expect from Stu Gottson Company and ste Gotson Company Live. So listen to stew Godson Company Live and our original podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review Stu Gotson Company and God Bless Football. Taylor's livelihood depends on it. You do it today and you can check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you.
Speaker 3: Get your podcasts. I brought back a lot of gear.
Speaker 2: If you watch the show Wednesday Thursday Friday, we had a lot of Pittsburgh related memorabilia Terry Bradshaw jersey that I brought back with me, and the people from the Roberto Clemente Museum stop by and they brought a couple of bottles of wine that had Clemente, the great Pittsburgh Hall of Famer. Some of the guys stayed an extra day in Pittsburgh and they went to the museum and they said it was spectacular. If you get the opportunity to go to the Roberto Clemente Museum in Pittsburgh. Do according to the guys who stayed got to see it, Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 6: The sheer volume of stuff they have because obviously it's it's dedicated to Clemente. They have anything clement that you could ever want. But they also have time like players when they're in town will come stop and hang out there.
Speaker 3: They've got a treasure trove. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard nothing but great things about that. I'm sorry I didn't get to go see that. Obviously pretty much vaulta ball with stuff commitments that we had there, but having been able to have seen Clemente play in person against the Reds and just different. His running style had maybe the best arm I ever saw of anybody as far as a position player. And those Pirate teams, boy, they bothered me because they were so good, and uh, you just you know, when you can remember the entire lineup of the opposition, that says something about that lineup. You know, I can give you the big Red Machine, but I can remember the Pirates and the Dodgers because they were always the nemesis and that's you know, growing up, that's ingrained in your head. It was also mentioned to me, do I still remember the number of my booking in Pittsburgh, and I do. I still have, and I haven't placed a bed in I don't even know how long, probably thirty five years maybe, But I can still tell you Tony's phone number four one two eight A two bup up up, uh bup seven. Maybe you could call it during the commercial break, PAULI, because I don't want to give out the number and all of a sudden be like, hey, nobody's taking events here. But I remember my booking. And he died at his kitchen table.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, what if you called it from your phone?
Speaker 3: He goes, where are you been down?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he passed away.
Speaker 2: I think on a Sunday morning, NFL Sunday morning, passed away and I didn't know him money, which was good, I mean if I did, oh sorry, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 6: Maybe that contributed to his demise. You run a heater and he was like, I can't take this anymore.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I think I hit nine consecutive NFL games. Now I lost on the college games, but I think I hit nine in a row. And you know, and I don't know if this still happens, because I don't gamble anymore.
Speaker 3: But my bookie.
Speaker 2: Now I had to get another bookie who was actually a family dentist.
Speaker 5: Imagine that getting money out of him was like pulling teeth.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that was nice. I forget where I was. But something about my my my.
Speaker 2: New dentist there, he would I was getting really good with the NFL, so he would say who do you like? And I wasn't picking up on what he was doing, but he was moving the point spread. So if I said, you know, I like I like the Bears against the Giants? Yeah, and I'd say, what's the line, and then he'd always add a half, So he'd always try to hurt me a little bit. And I didn't realize this, but I'm like, damn the other yeh. The betting line I thought was like four, Why is it? Well, when that's four and a half, I'd be like, God, why is it thirteen and a half?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's supposed to be four. But he did that to me, and I finally called him on it. I'm like, Jay, what are you doing? What are you what are you talking about? So you keep putting up you know it's a half a point?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Pauline, when you were betting on the NFL back then and doing pretty well. Do you remember how much you're betting in comparison to how much you had, Like, was it casual?
Speaker 3: It didn't feel casual it was.
Speaker 2: I think I was betting around a hundred, and then I got up to five hundred. So I remember I was making shoo dollars and thirty five cents an hour mowing greens at the Jack Nicholas golf course. I wasn't flush with cash. And I remember the last bet I ever made was a Bowl game I think Arkansas and Oklahoma. I think Lou Holtz came back to haunt me. I think Lou was the head coach at Arkansas. I think they had a guy named Danny Bobo. I just remember I put three thousand dollars on that game. Now I was up six thousand, and I thought, I'm to bet three thousand, I'll be up to nine thousand. Danny's gonna go get a corvette. Well I lost that bet. So that's thirty three hundred with the vill loans and buying my mam a dishwasher, and that was it. I was done. Didn't place another bet after that. Yes, Todd, were you more motivated like that.
Speaker 12: If you are on a winning streak, i'ms too hot to stop now, gonna keep going with this win streak or chasing losses.
Speaker 2: Oh, I used to chase losses, but then I would just pray for a home dog on Monday night and then I would usually get my money back. But I would lose on College. I would win on foot the NFL, and then if I was going to have a profit, it usually come from Monday night. But I always tell people do not chase, Like, if you know, you double up your bet, Like, all you know, I lost four hundred on College, I'm just gonna go eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: That'll fix everything. Yeah, PAULI that corvette would have looked sweet. THO wouldn't it would have?
Speaker 2: I already had it picked out what color? Uh it was? Well, there were two of them. There was a Marine Blue's sixty five Malibu Corvette convertible.
Speaker 3: Corvette can't do dishes, though.
Speaker 2: No, but it can do other things for you.
Speaker 5: You've been fighting them off with.
Speaker 3: I could have gotten dates with the car. I could have You're like, come check out my mom's new dishwasher. Yeah, yeah, come on, yes.
Speaker 5: Nineteen sixty five Corvette. I've got the sticker price here. The coup was forty one oh six. The convertible was forty three hundred and forty four hundred. Yeah, you about rolling.
Speaker 3: I could have had money. I would have been crushing am FM. Yeah. I would have been crushing at Todd back then. Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 3: Chico in Baltimore, Chico, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 14: Hey, hey, Dan, I like what you did with Lewis Riddit. Since he's talking about the older you are with the Draft, Hey, don't you feel it's time to get the Draft back to New York City down the road or back to.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's that's long gone.
Speaker 2: Chico, that that this is a festival, This is draft Cello Coachella.
Speaker 3: See what by the ton That was very clever.
Speaker 2: Probably not up on that, but that's some kind of music Coachella. Yeah, Coachella was Madonna on stage in Lingerie with Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: He something, does that sound right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not good? Not good?
Speaker 6: Sounds like Coachella, But I'm not I know, but I don't want Madonna up there in you know, stockings and neglige.
Speaker 3: And like we don't need to see why do.
Speaker 2: Why do all these singers they they need to take off more clothes. That's like, is your music good? It's like, yeah, yeah kind of. But boy, I'm hot, I'm gonna take clothes off. I mean, I know, I'm old school, father of three daughters. How about we just I don't know, I have a nice.
Speaker 6: Concert where we go for the music. You want the music to speak for itself. Kind of What if they have both though? What if they are, you know, good singer and wearing minimal clothes.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't need I don't like Madonna is my age, you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to see her up there in lingerie.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, she performed about a week ago. I was twenty years since her last appearance there and it was six. She did two songs, Vogue and like a Prayer. I gotta tell you, Dan, she looks pretty good. I'm gonna differ with you on this. Don't know how old is she.
Speaker 3: She's probably close to my age.
Speaker 5: She's sixties hot. Then that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would I would say that's kind of a pitching wedge that from one hundred and twenty five yards out she looks good Okay, I only have one eye. Yeah not aye, and no no no no.
Speaker 3: I zoomed in. Then I might actually kind of agree with Paul that Madonna's still hot. Yeah no, no, no, no, yeah, I'm gonna yeah no no, no, not good.
Speaker 4: Yes, Martin, I'm going to agree with both of these gentlemen. And Madonna is sixty seven years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nice? Do you want to see me in lingerie? Depending on how many Shirley tables I have more than you even know. Actually, yeah, yes, let's.
Speaker 8: Kind of strike opposing the privacy of your own home. You know, we don't all need to see that.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, thank you? Playing off the Madonna think. Okay, I had had to sneak in. Yeah, I had to sneak in in Texas, Cody, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 11: Just want to get my best and worst of the weekend best hands down Cowboys draft Kale Downs.
Speaker 3: I mean that was ecstatic over the moon.
Speaker 11: The worst these past two seasons, it's been so much fun in May watching Anthony Edwards, and you know, it's just a bummer that we won't get to see, you know, kind of his brilliance in the playoffs this May.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and man's great, Like Minnesota has been to the conference finals back to back years. Right now, you know, I want to see Aunt take the next step. I think he's we don't really talk about him during the regular season. Postseason, we're reminded, we're like, damn, he's good man, But you know, out for a little while. The average twenty nine, Like, that's kind of a quiet twenty nine. Nobody had quieter stats than Trey Young in Atlanta. It'd be like twenty seven and ten. You go, all right, Miles in South Carolina, high miles, what's on your mind?
Speaker 15: Hey, Dan? The Dannet's five seven one seventy hard one hard, So guys, a little combination Best of the weekend, SAT of the Day. The twenty twenty six NFL Draft included Naval Service Academy graduates Landon Robinson, Eli hiden Reich, and Napoleon McCallum, as well as Noah's Short from the Army. I'm an Air Force reservice And what these guys do is they just transition them to the preserves so they continue to do their military service on a part time basis. There's a whole program for these pros who don't who make it to the pros, but if their career doesn't work out, they can always come back to the active component later.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you, Miles.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Steelers drafting Eli Heydenreich, I'm wondering if he gets to training camp, does he have to make his bed as if he's still at the military, like he'd have an apartment, Like, wouldn't you just go No, I'm not gonna make my bed. This is gonna be messy. I'm not taking out the garden like, I'm not doing anything. After all those years where you got to everything's got to be buttoned up, literally tucked in all of that, then.
Speaker 3: You get there and you're like, no, not going to do it.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, he's probably never hit the snooze alarm in the past eight years. If you're in the Navy, you're not like, give you ten more minutes. I don't think they do that there. That's gonna be the wildest transition to have complete discipline that you rely on to maybe a week later being an apartment in Pittsburgh and you're.
Speaker 2: Like beer cans all over the place, pizza boxes everything, PlayStation Yeah, let his hair grow a little bit, Yes, Ton.
Speaker 8: It's like models, male or female.
Speaker 12: For a certain number of years, you're counting every calory and you got to be in perfect shape, and all of a sudden, when I don't have to work out and have such a minimal amount of food today, and then.
Speaker 8: You let yourself go a little bit. And there have been many that have let themselves go after they.
Speaker 12: No longer had to look us there, like like almost everyone that was on Baywatch.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I can relate to that.
Speaker 3: Pam Anderson still looks great from Baywe Yeah, some other.
Speaker 8: Ones are like, forget this, bring me some Eminem's.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin, see audience, this is what we're talking about. Everyone's got a closed fist. Fritzie just ran right into it. No one was swinging. He just ran right into the closed fist. Yeah, I know because I knew that. Because nineteen eighty nine, Fritzie, I would have never had a shirt on.
Speaker 2: You could have been on Baywatch. You could have no no back then, back then you could have been.
Speaker 8: Without away to like running on the beach. I would have played ankle or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you had David Hasselhoff hair I did. Yet you were jacked, And I don't know if you could have done the running part on the beach, but you could have been on Baywall.
Speaker 3: I'm being serious.
Speaker 12: I had some people in my apartment golg said I looked like Donnie Osmond's. A few said Tom Hanks back then and in the David Hasselhoff Dan I was once wearing a black outfit at a mall in Brooklyn and some kid was grabbing his mom and pointing, and I think he thought I was night Rider David from that show.
Speaker 8: So that there was some of that with the big or faffroair do that?
Speaker 3: Okay? All right, I could see it.
Speaker 8: There was a little brief window there.
Speaker 3: But you had that window. I never had that window. Would you rather have that or not have.
Speaker 8: It's a double edged sword.
Speaker 12: I look back, and I'm glad I had that, But then you look back at wow, actually used to look like that?
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 2: I had to wait to get up to be sixty before I go.
Speaker 5: All right, oh, you finally hit your stride.
Speaker 2: I think I think I'm finally like, you know, moving into that right. I was called a silver fox over the weekend at a wedding.
Speaker 5: Got your girl?
Speaker 3: It was a girl, okay, irrelevant?
Speaker 2: It was a woman who said, all right, you got the silver Fox thing going. I said, okay, I'm the open bar. Yeah, very open bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Good wedding, yeah, fun. Yeah. But you know, everybody's like, uh, are you going to dance to Chapel Roone?
Speaker 2: I go, I don't sure, Like everybody was gearing up for Chapel Rone performing No No, No the song because I joked about it the previous wedding, from the previous weekend. It was I said, who is this and everybody looked at me like, you don't know Chapel Roan. So then I joked, I said, are they going to play Chapel Roone? They go, are you going to dance? I go, well, of course yes doing.
Speaker 6: I was going to say the tod thing before. It's like the argument would you rather be born blind or become blind? Like do you want to have a point of reference or just not?
Speaker 3: Have've ever experienced that Paul was born with a bad eye, Paul, you could probably comment on this.
Speaker 5: I've never known having two good eyes. Dan, thank you for this moment. Yeah, dude, when you're at weddings because you're famous, have you ever had people want you to grab the mic and announce.
Speaker 3: Or no, no, no, they want me to dance. Oh and I don't.
Speaker 2: Like And I just said to my wife, you know, when you want to dance, I'll dance, but I don't want this. There was one person who kept coming over and going, uh, we're waiting for you.
Speaker 3: I go keep waiting. Yes, yes, Marvin was.
Speaker 4: Is there always an older lady that's kind of finger pointing and like waving you to gesture.
Speaker 3: She gesturnks towards you, like, come on, I know you want to dance. Well, not many or older than me at these ways? Why do you feel me up? Let me do.
Speaker 2: That's happened before where somebody wants to get you out and then.
Speaker 3: You're like, uh, what am I doing here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, I think about ten years ago we had the actor Kevin Bacon on set and you asked about this when you're at weddings because of Footloose and Kevin before you even finished, the question goes, I don't as I sit as far away from the dance floor as I can. If I hear that song on, I dart to the bathroom. That's what Kevin Bacon said.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I gotta believe he knows it's going to be played, So why don't you just get it out of the way, and then you're done because nobody brings up the second best song from that movie, right, it's just the one move one song there. Do you remember another song from Footloose?
Speaker 3: Let's hear for the boy?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, bloop bloop, just give him a chance.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 4: Those kids, they were like, oh, we can't dance, and then for five minutes later they were a pop lock and I was like, damn, these guys are from.
Speaker 12: The movie breaking yes, Paul, Yes, But Kevin Bacon in that situation, you can't win because if you don't do it, it's like, oh, you're too cool for us, You're only gonna do it for the movie.
Speaker 8: And then if you do, look at him showing off. Okay, we get it.
Speaker 2: You were No, that's a good dude. Kevin Bacon is a good person, like he doesn't need not bring an ego. Let me take a break, we'll come back. We'll give you our best and worst of the weekend after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Before we give you our best and worst of the weekend. Whaling in Colorado, Whaling, Good morning. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 13: First time, short time, four foot three inches, sixty one pounds.
Speaker 3: How old are you, Whaling?
Speaker 13: Nine years old?
Speaker 3: Nine years old? All right, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: The best of the weekend? My avalanche swept the Kings and move on to the second round.
Speaker 2: What a great atmosphere, great great atmosphere at the Apps game.
Speaker 3: All right, what's your worst of the weekend.
Speaker 13: I was having a case with my dad and the baseball hit my face. Now I have a black ice.
Speaker 3: Are you doing okay?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you blame your dad?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well you know what wail and stay on hold, and uh we want to get a picture of your black eye that you can take a picture.
Speaker 13: All right, Okay, I have a question too.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 13: I was wondering if you had any if any of you accidentally injured your kids playing sports?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, did we ever injure our kids accidentally playing sports?
Speaker 3: No, Todd, I did, thankfully.
Speaker 12: I don't throw the ball very hard, but I was having a football catch with my son and my daughter wanted to be a part of that, and she kind of took one in the nose a little bit. She wasn't like bleeding profusely. But I did hit her in the face with the ball, and I tried. I thought I was gently underhand throwing it to her and just went right past her hands, right to the face.
Speaker 3: But she was only a year old. Yeah problem, you know.
Speaker 8: She's crawling around on the floor. That's not an age to be throwing a football on somebody.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, we were at a driving range once and I was about ten and my older sister was swinging and like a moron, I stood right behind her and when she followed through, she hit me right in the head and knocked me out. Knocked you out, knocked me out, And it was totally my fault. I stood in the wrong spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dylan, anything happened to you? Well, I don't have any kids, Dan, but uh, you were a kid. I was a kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I definitely took a couple a couple of baseballs to the face.
Speaker 3: I shot my dad's friend in the throat playing paintball once. Does that count Yeah? Yeah, sure? He was non stuffed. Marvin. How about you, No I'm a really good dad.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard him yet, and your dad wasn't around to write exactly.
Speaker 4: Come on, dpa, hold on, not for nothing. I watched the Michael movie. Man, it makes me glad I didn't have a dad.
Speaker 3: What did you think of the bio pic on Michael Jackson?
Speaker 4: So I enjoyed it a lot, but I wish that they would have stuck on just one specific part of his life because it goes from like nineteen seventy one and then get the next scene he's doing off the wall in nineteen eighty and I was like, no, no, no, no no. There's so much stuff that happens here. So that's the only part that I didn't like. But everything else love bubbles.
Speaker 2: I think the report is that they spent twenty five million dollars to keep the bad stuff out of the documentary or the biopic, and then I think it's Jermaine Jackson's son who plays Michael Jackson in the movie. Correct, Okay, Todd, you saw the Michael Jackson biodad.
Speaker 8: Was my best of the weekend. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 12: I do agree with Marvin that they kind of jumped They left a lot of things out, But I thought it was real. I thought the casting was superb and it was very believable everyone who played the roles that they played.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not interested in it, like you gotta tell the story. Great. If you're not, then you know, yes, maart.
Speaker 4: Is Michael Jackson in the conversation as one of the five most famous people to ever walk the earth.
Speaker 2: Why you're gonna drop that on me is the music is playing and we got to go to commercial break.
Speaker 3: Well give your yeah, Paul.
Speaker 5: There was a time where if you removed politicians Russia, America, Michael Jackson was the most famous person on earth.
Speaker 2: There was a time final hour on this Monday, will give you our best and worst of the weekend. And what's it like to finish second we'll discuss then