Speaker 1: Cool Zone Media. Welcome to it could happen here. It is twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: A lie, it's twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Robert has just pissed everybody off for the last three minutes and fourteen seconds.
Speaker 2: That listener, Sophie is gaslighting you. It is still December.
Speaker 1: When they listen to this, it'll be twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: You don't know that.
Speaker 1: I do know that I'm in charge. Okay, moving on, We're gonna do some listener questions today, but I just wanted to, you know, give a shout out to each member of our team. We have Shrien Lanna Enis, we have James Stout, we have Mio Wong, we have Garrison Davis, and we have Big Bobby E.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: And we're going to answer some listener questions. Thank you for those, to those who have submitted, anybody else want to say anything before I start?
Speaker 3: Besides Robert, thank you about half of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to have a chat with yourselves.
Speaker 3: You know who you are.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do. I don't think our listeners are very self actualized.
Speaker 3: All right, Sophie, take it away to each of you.
Speaker 1: Any book recommendations for introduction to anarchist history and or theory.
Speaker 2: If I may.
Speaker 4: There's a book called Great Anarchists by Dog Section Press. It's written by Ruth Kinner, who's been on the podcast. It's got very short bios of different great anarchists. I think you will enjoy it. I think you can get the PDF for free online. I like to print them out and put them in a little libraries a rich people like to have in their neighborhoods and red pill them, black pill them slowly that way. So yeah, Great Anarchists by Dog Section Press from Dog Section Press by Ruth McKinnon.
Speaker 5: My one is kind of it's slightly more specialized, but Anarchism in Latin America is a great book. Also, the cover is just gorgeous, so you'll have that around all the time. But yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 5: Basically it goes country by countries through Latin America and talk about allthr anarchist movements and it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess it's not. It's sort of anarchists, I suppose. But I've been doing a lot of union stuff recently, so I've been thinking a lot about the concept of work. So I've kind of returned to this really good book Crime Think put out titled Work Very very basic, look into sort of like anarchist almost like anti work theory. It's just a nice book to interrogate how the concept of like work in labor exists in your own head. I've appreciated that one through the years.
Speaker 1: Shrine or Robert, either of you.
Speaker 6: I second all those answers. Amazing answers.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Well, yeah, I cannot read, so I'm gonna second those answers.
Speaker 3: Robert recommends the book. Isn't it like the No God's No Master's a k Press one with the Chaos Star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot of like old anarchists essays and shit starting in like the eighteen hundreds, So if you're interested in that kind of history, you can read.
Speaker 1: That all right. Next question. I think this will be different depending on the type of episode and like what show people are writing it for. But I got several different people asking, you know, how long it takes to research rate like an average episode, So we're talking like not talking like a series such as Garrison's Stop Coop City series, but like an average episode where you're talking about something and it's a scripted episode, but you're talking about something sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean some episodes take months if but an average episode, usually if I'm putting it together, it might take me like four days from start to completion. Like I'm thinking of my of my DeSantis fast Wave episodes. Usually you'll have like maybe two days of more research and then two days of like well, then like one day of like script and then editing that script on like the fourth day, and then you record. So yeah, maybe maybe around that. I mean, some episodes come together faster as some episodes come together longer. It really really varies.
Speaker 6: Shoot shoo, Yeah, I would agree with that timeline. I think three to four days sounds about right. I've been trying to take an extra day just to read through the script like multiple times, just because I've been it's just better for like my performance. It's like, where does that sounds?
Speaker 1: So? Yeah, I would say, like, uh, when you write a script, the worst thing you can do is immediately read it after you've finished writing it.
Speaker 6: And I've made that mistake before. I would definitely have, so taking time is important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, James, me and Robert, anything you want to add.
Speaker 2: I spent thirty five years preparing for the sheet podcasts. Yeah, it really depends on the episode. If it's an interviewer, I'll spend maybe a couple of hours, you know, studying up on everything the person has said. If it's a scripted episode, a scripted half hour to forty five minutes of the show is generally five to seven pages. That's maybe an hour or two to write, and then four to six hours of research. Although it kind of depends, you know, because a lot of it's based on just sort of like ongoing research, right, where whereas like something will happen in the news and we'll do some studying up on that event. But we're also keeping in touch with like like when we have episodes on terrorist attacks and whatnot. Like I don't know how to actually like lay out how much time goes into those episodes, because a large part of it is just the process of like keeping up with the way terror is evolving in America. We will have beats, right, Like we will have that we just keep up with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we're not counting all the time that we spend like in telegram just like watching right, but but yeah, yeah, sure it.
Speaker 4: Second time this year Garrison's found themselves too old to understand a youth reference.
Speaker 1: My next question, what conspiracy theory or unsolved mystery do each of you believe in?
Speaker 3: The dangerous question? First answer on air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just want to point out that Garrison sent me this question to ask, so there must.
Speaker 6: Be an answer in mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are a Garrison danger Davis?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I I don't know what what even I'm not sure if I believe in anything that would be classified as a conspiracy theory, I would have to I would have to think on this. Actually, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in it. I fucking love bohemium growth stuff. It's like one of the ogs, you know, from the beginnings of the Internet, and it just can't get enough about people who have just never deviated from the bohemian growth. That dude who went there with the combination AR fifteen shotgun and tried to destroy Bohemian grove legend. I love reading about that stuff. It's nonsense, but it's fun.
Speaker 5: I mean, like I actually have Sorry, oh oh no, go please, okay, okay, we'll we're doing We're doing We're doing this oneing. Okay, if you if you were on the live show, you've heard this. If you were not on the live show you have which is that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: From from the late nineteen seventies until the early nineteen eighties when it was busted by the Italian police, the Italian government is run by a rogue Masonic lodge called the Peach Organization. God, you know, it's propaganda duet, very various elements, Okay. So there's this thing going on here, there's various elements. Use the Red Brigades as as a way to assassinate Eldo Morrow. They take them to a hotel that is like it's run by like one of the Red Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Is one of the sort of the communist cardinals.
Speaker 5: Is like in this building is like a NATO weapons is like someone a NATO weapons dealer, an Italian general.
Speaker 3: Red lasers. I think I see a red laser hovering over this is all real. This was this.
Speaker 2: Look, this is the Raises eighty three.
Speaker 5: It's the thing.
Speaker 1: Is the thing?
Speaker 2: Is that? Okay?
Speaker 5: So every conspiracy theory on earth is real, but it was only real from about nineteen seventy seven to nineteen eighty three in Italy. Like all of them are there at the same time, Like during the alder Moro assassination. Like the two groups trying to free Elder Morro are the Pope on the one hand, and then well I actould ask sure. There's there's the Pope who's working through an Israeli guy in the castinet, and the other is the PFL piece.
Speaker 4: She's got one of them the you.
Speaker 5: Haven't even gotten okay, like one of the one of the one of the guys who make sures who make sure that the elder Moro dies. Is he's like a now one, he's now insane Alex Jones conspiracy guy. Like he's on Alex Jones all the time. He was like, here's the hostage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's the guy. Yeah yeah, he's a he's a regular fixture.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So like the people try to kill it, Like the both the US Soviets, independently of each other, are both trying to make sure this guy dies.
Speaker 2: Say what the East Germans?
Speaker 3: I the fucking what's it called?
Speaker 5: The bider Mainehoff group, the weird germano.
Speaker 2: Alright, Meanwhile, I am I am a nine to eleven truther. Uh in the my god, I don't believe that when you call nine to one one it goes anywhere. I think I think they're just hooking you up to an AI. It's it's a conn people.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, Rudy Giuliani has to pay those uh Georgia election workers one hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Funny. I feel like he's got that. Yeah, I feel like he's got that hanging around. It will be good.
Speaker 1: No, but he literally defamed the ship out of those lovely, lovely people.
Speaker 2: He I mean, defamation is like of what he does.
Speaker 3: Okay, new favorite conspiracy theory. Panera Bread made the deadly lemonade on purpose as a.
Speaker 2: Whatever who cares wait genocide. That's why see, I fully support the lemonade that kills you. I think we need more lemonade that kills Pete.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a quick guide break. We'll be right back, and we are back. What are you most excited to work on this year? Slashould be a part of create.
Speaker 2: What are we most excited to work on? Next year? And I've been stockpiling a lot of and so I I got some plans. I got some plans. I got some plans.
Speaker 3: Do we believe they or not? That's that's the real question.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that's someone else's job to decide.
Speaker 4: I can tell you from experience that the ATF will visit your employer if you conclude instructions on how.
Speaker 2: To make you in your work. It's legal.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, and.
Speaker 2: They'll still believe you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Garrison.
Speaker 3: I'm planning to attend a whole bunch of more kind of occult conferences or paranormal conventions and and get get more into the high strangeness world this year. That's that's something I'm I'm excited about.
Speaker 6: I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: We're launching a weekly show with Jimmie Loftus starting in the spring that I'm very excited to be producing. So look out for that.
Speaker 5: I Okay, I've been working on this for a fucking year now, but it's coming next year, which is my my episodes on the lab League stuff. I have a corkboard that makes that entire Italy Doubts corkboard. I've spent so many hours talking to epidemiologists. Yeah, losing my mind. But it's coming, it will happen. I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 3: You have been talking about these episodes for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Literally a year. Yeah, it's I have agreed to do a podcast that is going to be a nightmare, but you'll you'll all love it. You'll all love it as it ruins my life. And uh, I don't know. Probably eventually the Robert E. Lee episodes, we'll get those out. You know what I've been doing. I've been working on a T E. Lawrence series of episodes so that I'm very excited about, amazing Lawrence of Arabia, the guy who invented the concept of insurgency. So that'll that'll be good. That'll be a good series.
Speaker 4: I hope Robert and I get to go back to Amy and Ma and do maybe a visit to some different groups. That would be cool. I would like that. I'm excited to do more migration stuff. Yeah, spend more time and on different parts of the migration journey, because I think that's something I've wanted to do for a long time, and like I've.
Speaker 2: Seen a lot of people do really shitty versions of it.
Speaker 4: So I'm excited to give you a cracket at not doing a cringe, veryeuristic version of that.
Speaker 1: Everyone else have an answer to that, did you answer, Shranny?
Speaker 6: I didn't. I feel like I have two answers, like one, I'm not excited at all, because I feel like the most when I'm most motivated, it's when i'm the most angry, and so I'm not excited for things to make me angry and upset, but I am looking forward to I think I like when I have people on that are like experts or they have knowledge that I don't, and so I like the possibility of having more conversations that are enlightening, I suppose. And yeah, I also I would like to talk more about corn and food that maybe I should focus on that, maybe I should focus on something could happen here. Yeah, Yeah, that's that's something I look forward to, something to be fun.
Speaker 3: We definitely want to do more far animal episode, yes, and more food episodes, but no, surely you You bring up a good point about how this kind of whole show works is that all of the best stuff we make, in my opinion, is always related to things that we're passionate about, and passion can come in a few forms. Anger is something that is a big driver of passion, but that's you know, usually less fun. So it's always nice and we can be able to cover something that we are passionate about, but it comes from not a place of anger. But it comes from a place of like, like like genuine like intense interest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I genuinely love corn. I loved the conversation about sheep, So I look forward to the possibility of making things not just when I'm like enraged and more when I'm like that's a good point. That's a good point that passion can can come from different things, because I was just as passionate talk about corn than I was to talk about an important thing that happened.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I have a specific question that I vetted to James ahead of time, which is, do you have any stories about meeting fans or listeners?
Speaker 4: I r l.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I've just tepping onto your York and air your trauma. Please approach Robert when he's playing groceries. But but yeah, yeah, no, do do it.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 2: He's very ticklish. I am always armed in the grocery store, so please don't do That's why you kind of tickle him. Don't tick or rubbitt guys. It's weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so loads of people are not loads, but a lot of people who have listened to our podcast who come to help in a cumber and they're all very nice. And I've enjoyed building gorts and making sandwiches and ladeling out beans with them immensely, and it genuinely does make me really happy because it can like when we do the podcast, we see like each other in our little rooms and and then it just goes out into the ether and you never know who's listening. And so it's really cool when people listen and then like show up and do something that meaningfully makes the world a better place. And that makes me feel very hopeful. And that's another like passion I think, Like I think, especially the mutual age stuff we've done at the border, it makes me feel really hopeful that like we can do things just fine without the state and without the resources of Masters of capital and without any major sort of orgs or like institutions behind us, Like we can just help each other and do amazing things. So yeah, when people show up for that, it's cool. Slightly weird when they show up listening to the podcast and I hear myself in their car, it's not okay. But other than that, yeah, I try to catch up with those people. Yeah, yeah, I too would be trying to catch up if I had to listen to all the stuff we put out.
Speaker 6: I think it's honestly really cool that people show up for that kind of stuff. It makes it makes so much of the weird parts of being a podcast host worth it when stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's something that that me has been pointing out recently, how we seem to be one of in terms of, like, you know, podcasts that that that cover the sort of things we do. We're our fan base seems to be relatively offline in a lot of ways, and a lot of a lot of them Actually, a lot of the people actually do a lot of real world stuff, which is great. Like that's that that That's kind of the entire point is that most of the things we talk about, there's there's there's ways that you have the power to change it in small ways.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's no like large immediate effects, like you solve the problem immediately, but there's there's always small things that can that can slowly change the tide of many of the problems that we discuss every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna through through to an ad break here unless you have cooler zone media and Android listeners that is coming soon. I it's a little bit out of our control on that end, but we do. Ask about it constantly and it will be happening.
Speaker 2: If you have a Cooler Zone account, you cannot die. That's fun, that's a good It's the true fact. So purchase it to yourself, immune to the passage of time.
Speaker 1: And we're back. I'm gonna ask. I'm gonna ask, what's everyone's favorite Christmas movie?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I I have already talked about my annual Batman Returns watch party, which was a great, a great success this year. It was a big hit. I made tons. I made about probably like four dozen lotcaus.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: We got to.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow, Robert, you should do this for jobs kind of humor.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, what a dub.
Speaker 3: But no, we got we got a nice group of people to to google at Danny Dibrito vomiting black U for approximately two hours. O. That was a big win. It's it's by far the best Christmas movie in my in.
Speaker 6: My no, I agree, it's my favorite one by far, and Banger and my family have watched it consistently since I was like a child, like but like since I was like two years old as old. We just were obsessed with it. And I don't remember if you said this last year and I already this is like a repeat of the conversation. But I agree, that's the best Christmas movie I can think of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael Keaton, total domination.
Speaker 6: Here we go, best best Batman by miles. He's just miles away from So.
Speaker 1: When I was growing up, my parents used to ditch my brother and I and go to the Laker game on.
Speaker 3: Christmas and we just explained so much.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so much, Sophie.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, think I love you, I love your parents and I and I respect it. But my brother and I used to watch like we would spend the entire day watching all the like Hobbin and Lord of the Rings movies.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Nice, that just feels that feels like Christmas to me.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean yeah, especially the animated ones definitely have that kind of like fantasy jolly kind of feel.
Speaker 1: Totally Yeah, I uh yeah, anybody else.
Speaker 4: I like to watch Love actually, but it's very pretty dreams. It's so basic of you, I know, Yeah, I'm secretly basic White Lady. Every time I watch it's something else problematic that I hadn't previously fought before, And it's getting to a point where I should probably stop talking about it in public.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now the audience knows who's the biggest wife guy on the team.
Speaker 1: Is definitely James. This is a question for Robert, looking back on season one, if it could happen here, do you still see a second civil American Civil War as a likely or plausible event in our near future?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it's possible. We're going to look back on where we are right now as the earlier stages of it. Right civil conflict is pretty widespread. I think one of the differences, like, for example, one of the big differences with.
Speaker 3: That the Texas California Alliance.
Speaker 2: Yeahour Civil War movie is it's clearly imagining like a large scale military conflict. I don't find that particularly likely.
Speaker 1: But you do have.
Speaker 2: One major political party stating that when we take power in twenty twenty four, our guys going to act as a dictator. He's going to imprison and execute his political opponents. And you have widespread acts of violence and violent threats that are occurring as part of a as part of the political conflicts that have existed in this country for a while. They've all transitioned to being kind of explicitly acts of public violence or at least public threats of violence. You're seeing this, for example, lot of the discourse surrounding what's happening in Gaza, Right, you just had that case where like some fucking like grade school teacher threatened to cut a student's throat for criticizing Israel. Like the degree to which people who are, if you'll forgive the less technical term, pieces of shit, feel emboldened to use and threaten violence in the furtherance of their political agendas is something we may wind up seeing. Is like, yeah, we were in it by this point. So again I'm not a believer, and a big part of it could happen here is like, don't I don't think any mass civil conflict in the United States is going to be armies fighting over states, right, yeah, because that's that's simply not realistic. But I do think we are in what any reasonable person would call a mass civil conflict. And you know, my big question is whether or not we're going to see it as a civil conflict or as an extension of a global conflict, which includes outright shooting wars but also mass information warfare in this kind of planetary struggle, between the idea, at least if not the promise that democracy is the kind of goal, and the strongly held belief by large groups of people that we need an authoritarian system governed effectively by the people who are presently in power. Right you are seeing this kind of struggle between the idea that we should have a system in which people are allowed to pick their leaders and this idea that, like the winners of the last twenty years of capitalism and politics, should be able to solidify their hold forever. So my big question is whether or not we're going to come to see where we are right now as the early stages of a civil conflict that's going to get progressively more violent and have a progressively higher body count. Or are we going to see this as part of a global military and political struggle that is going to kind of shake out the next hundred years of kind of the political status quo on Earth, and in a similar way to like World War Two, you know, more or less laid out the next eighty or ninety or something like that.
Speaker 1: I've got two more questions.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: First, do you each of you have a favorite episode you've put out?
Speaker 2: We're all trying not to say the come episode the same time.
Speaker 1: I really have I have some really bad at all, I really some bad news. That was the most I downloaded episode of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Everybody loves Look Everybody loves loves talking about come Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Sharine, with you.
Speaker 2: Sorry, soph you've been out voted.
Speaker 1: I'm never I'm never out voted. I have ultimate veto power.
Speaker 4: Guys, struggle was talking about right here on the side disgusting.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's certainly hard to even pick one episode just from this year. I mean, but it's the com episode. Yeah, I will say the episode was fun to put together. I we we really delved into the the trenches there that few enough would you say it? Would you say it really came together.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm going to answer these questions for each of you with each of your work. Thank you, Thank you because I'm a professional. Garrison skop Crop City were because when just that I really tell I tell this sticking out of the time. They're the most amazing storyteller. You really feel like you are. You're able to visualize everything going on with the words that they say, and I think it's an important story that they've been on top of since the beginning. I don't think anybody covers labor issues in the way that Mia does, and I think Mia has really done that in twenty twenty three and we'll continue that in twenty twenty four in a way that's not being covered in mainstream media. And I think that those stories are extremely important and have made a significant impact on labor and union culture and strikes and fighting for what's right. James Man, it's like I want to say, I want to say the work you do at the Border, but I really love when you talk about things that are silly, and I think they're equally as important. But James James talking about sheep and the joy that James had when he talked about sheep is U is really special.
Speaker 6: But also the work that.
Speaker 1: You've done talking about the word MEMR and helping people at the border has been extremely impactful to our listeners. Shoe Shoe is a historical almanac to all things in the Middle East and has I think educated not just the audience but also all of us on things that really everyone should know. And I think that she's brilliant and I love you. She read Robert.
Speaker 2: Hey Sophie, it's the cup episode, right, That's definitely.
Speaker 1: Not the episode. But it's really hard to pick my favorite Robert episode because I record with him like most days. But I think that what Robert has done specifically within Bastards this in twenty twenty three was really get on top of the bastards we're all surviving right now, which I think he did a really great job. Talking about Andrew Tait, I think he did an incredible job getting an episode out immediately about Stockton Rush, the guy who killed those people under.
Speaker 2: Really really the hero of the year, right, the guy responsible for the great feel good story of twenty twenty three, so much better of a time we need, we need. I feel like we could solve most of the world's problems with another eleven or so of those subs, and that is true, and a similar socioeconomic group.
Speaker 1: On board thom You're definitely not not wrong there.
Speaker 2: I'd just like to say, you know, if you're wondering why the New York Times in the Washington Post are too big a cowards to do a come episode like we did, you know there's an old quote. If you want to know who rules, you ask who you can't criticize all I'm saying. That's all I'm saying, Garrison. I see you, I see you doubting me. But you know it's true. You know it's true.
Speaker 1: Anyways, it's our slash no fat.
Speaker 2: All right, that's.
Speaker 1: Should ask another question, But like, really, what's the what's the point, what's the point we've climax?
Speaker 2: Guys, sweet, it's oh my god, thank you, James. I appreciate the teamwork, James. Someone had to.
Speaker 1: Robert, but my my apologies to Ian for this night. We have an edit. But yeah, anybody have any final thoughts, anything, anything, James, Do you have anything you want to plug in terms of donations or anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: Actually, uh so we have a fundraiser for what we're doing at the border. It would be really lovely if you could give us some of your money because I have spent all of the money that I have, uh and some money that I don't have. It's go fund me dot com slash cucumber hyphen migrant hyphen camps or TinyURL dot com slash Border aid g FM.
Speaker 2: How do they spell cucumber. That's a good question because that's c U M B A.
Speaker 4: So like it's Spanish, but yeah, you can also tiny rl slash border aid g f M, TinyURL dot com.
Speaker 2: That's that's an easy one to remember.
Speaker 1: Great, and we'll work tomorrow because this is a daily show.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: It could happen here as a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website cool zonemedia dot com. But check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can find sources for It could Happen Here, updated monthly at cool zonemedia dot com slash sources. Thanks for listening,