Speaker 1: Alex Stee. Oh, I'm a more musical guest. The crypt Keeper Ali, Alex Still.
Speaker 2: Alex Steve, I wish the Cryptkeeper were here. You make a delightful pun about corpses.
Speaker 3: Two spookiest voices from the opposite ends of the spectrum, the crypt Keeper and the guy who introduces Saturday Night a buddy cop comedy. With those two, Oh my god, I'm in Yeah, that guy doesn't look like a ghost. Then my preconceived notions are way off. I can't picture what he looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no idea. I don't think I've ever seen that man.
Speaker 4: Well it was Daryl Hammond at the fiftieth.
Speaker 2: I think this guy, this, this announcer that we're talking about, is dead.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, long dead, long dead guy. Don Pardo, horlo.
Speaker 4: Hey, Don Pardo, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: He looks he and he looks part straight out of fucking Domodo. You come to me on my daughter's wedding. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, seventy seven, Episode four of DIR Days, I Guys Say, production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is Thursday February twenty seventh, twenty twenty five. Yes, it's national. What is that the last one? No, there's one more right, one more.
Speaker 4: Day on, one more day, one more day or clean we then it's time for the vibes of March. National Small Dog Day, Pokemon Day, I don't even know there's a Pokemon Day. Uh, And Nasmia Awareness Day.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: National Retro Day, National toast Day. Damn, there's so many motherfuckings. National Chili Day, National Polar Bear Day, National Strawberry Day, National Kalua Day.
Speaker 3: So got so many people celebrating.
Speaker 4: Oh I see, I see, I see. This is a condition where loss of smell.
Speaker 3: That's what that is.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I have an aunt who lost her smell, and the family narrative around it was always that she that my grandma left her next to like rotting meat.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: It wasn't until later in life that I was like, I can't beat the rest she is.
Speaker 4: She was left by a pile of fetid meats and surely lost her sense of smell.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyways, shout out to pokemon and small dogs. I stopped listening at that point because that's strawberry pokemon are small dogs in many ways, or large dogs anyways. My name's Jack O'Brien aka Jack mostly non Newtonian fluids O'Brien courtesy of the beating drum on the discord, I have been referring to non Newtonian fluids maybe too much, and I was like, am I doing it incorrectly? I think I've been getting it right, though they are After a quick Wikipedia, they are fluids that don't follow Newton's law of viscosity, so like they change their viscosity based on whether they're under stress, so like catch up becomes runnier when shaken and is thus a non Newtonian fluid. But the other examples are custard, toothpaste, paint, and blood. So I am, in fact, mostly non Newtonian.
Speaker 2: Fluids because you're made of custom little little weird.
Speaker 3: Fact to me, I am, yeah, I am mostly toothpaste and custard on the inside. My blood types catch up. My blood type is M catch up, sweet and come. Also, I did have to look it up that Wikipedia doesn't is it. Wikipedia doesn't say whether or not it is a non Newtonian fluid, but it is immediate experience did some work in the lab and immediately after, what come.
Speaker 1: On my non Newtonian Its fucking three more minutes.
Speaker 3: Anyways, that's me. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Grass Miles break a.
Speaker 4: One, receive the email I sent you to list all the things you do.
Speaker 3: Three, make your plane. Two, see that your loyalties is awf of me, and four make sure you listen to me. Five make you work for me. If ever you feel like musk he's really done, we will go right back.
Speaker 4: To them and another email making you make the thing or else you will get fired. And then I but this time, I'm serious, you will get fired. Listen to me, not the people you don't anyway. Shout out to Bee Noboddy Brown for that Brian McKnight inspired AKA, it's been a while since I've been able to see something.
Speaker 3: Just a good manager.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone hit me with any time. I want to Brian McKnight anytime. AKA, it's a great realg That.
Speaker 3: Song, Oh Man broke my twelve year old heart. I want to just think about a girl I vaguely had a crush on, but oh my god, actually, you know, trying to get the feels trying to hide myself up because all I all I listened to, all my parents listened to is some fucking soft rock shit for a lot of the time. So like anytime a good one came on, I'd be like, oh yeah, let me let me get a good person to think about it. That is wilde feelings. For a second, Miles was thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of our favorite guests, a very talented zene maker and podcast host, one of the hosts of You Are Good, a feelings podcast about movies. It's Alex ter.
Speaker 2: Hello. I thought that same way, and JoJo's All my Life. I felt the same way, and then forever I was like, I think that this song is supposed to be romantic, but it sounds like it's to a family member, and I recently found out it is a song that they wrote for one of their daughters. So I was wrong to be having the thoughts I was having when I heard that song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you are kids, but I'm saying, but the first line is I will never find another lover beer than you.
Speaker 2: I think that they were confused about who the song was to it somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of you can see the drift A lot of times. I've been re listening to Blonde with like the lyrics on and the lyrics in that album are fucking incredible, but they drift from subject to something like it's like a day dream, from like one subject to the other. Like any attempt to be like this is about one thing is like, Nope, it is not it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because maybe it must be Jojo because I think Casey is the one singing in the beginning.
Speaker 3: About somebody that we fuck.
Speaker 2: Like He's like, it's my daughter, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they were.
Speaker 4: I promise to never fall in love with a stranger. You're all I'm thinking love, I praise the Lord up, I cherish every hug and I really love you like that feels like something to your daughter.
Speaker 2: Ever mix, every mix, Yeah, someone's.
Speaker 3: It's just Green Days Douchie, But it kicks off with that song.
Speaker 2: It was always that hum Stars certainly like the masturbating song from Dukie. Yeah, it was a real predictable.
Speaker 5: Ship select as they say, that's right, real predictable select shout out to Rada Gan radag rad to Gan has taken over, uh the parts of this podcast that we don't record for you guys, But we uh have spent a lot of the time just watching David Radagan, Is that right?
Speaker 3: David? David clips and the sound clashes.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, these sang sound clashes in the West Indies and he's out there with his tucked in polo.
Speaker 3: Just killing it. Killing gets more interesting. Like the more times I watched the clip, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, wow, yeah, well, every yeah, this white dude from England is telling all the rasta'man to get their hands up.
Speaker 3: You're like, hell, all right, bro, this is alright.
Speaker 5: Some weird Alex.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about later on. Jeff Bezos has found a way to plumbing new depths of making the Washington Post worst is it. That's his passion, that's his creative project. How do I make this paper suck shit? So he's doing that. We'll talk about that. We'll talk about Tropicana OJ absolute fucking staple of my childhood and it is apparently on its last legs. Oh, it's not looking good for trafficano OJ. So we'll talk about why that is, we'll talk about Firefest too. Yes, it's back.
Speaker 4: Thank god.
Speaker 3: You thought that we'll sindly bring in Trump, running it back with Trump as like bad things from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty that we're bringing back. Nope, Nope, David Bowie's dying again. David Bowie's dying again. We're making hill Billy Elogy, not even a sequel, just a reboot with new actors. Anyways, we'll talk about fire Festival too. Well, we might even talk about GameStop being evil. Oh that plenty more. But first, Alex, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history.
Speaker 2: I was just looking up I mean, this is I'm so sorry to start so grimly, but we found out within the hour that Michelle Trachenberg passed Yeah, sadly. Yeah, And so I was just looking reviewing her filmography because, as I mean, she's a person Whoways started watching on TV with On the Adventures of Pete and Pete circa nineteen ninety three, and as a person who has just always been on television is around my same age, and every time you see her in something, you're like, we are in for a good time. She plays evil Georgina in a gossip Girl just like all's unhinged in the most like tremendous or heartworming way.
Speaker 3: So I was looking up Buffy's sister or Fawn.
Speaker 4: Wasn't she like not biole it she's like a spirit, like a fake sister, right, don.
Speaker 2: There was I think that there was a uh.
Speaker 3: The film is kind of about found family, if you'll allow me this, Yes, yes, yes, it's kind of a crazy take, but in many ways it's about you know, the family we find along the way, right right, right, right right spot.
Speaker 4: I Michelle was a high school classmate of mine. We were in the school class. Yeah, yeah, we both we both went to the same high school. Yeah, so this this was like flying through all my like high school friend text threats this morning belist's thirty nine and yeah what they I know she was dealing with like a lot of health issues.
Speaker 3: And liver stuff. It sounds like, yeah, yeah, really really sad.
Speaker 4: Just wow, I mean yeah, it's just it's yeah, yeah, don't you don't expect to see those kinds of things are just a little It's when you like and Alex in the same way, when you see someone of like a contemporary.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying it was.
Speaker 4: Like a classmate. You're just like, damn, yeah, she truly hang on by a thread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure, she's always be truly always the best. Like I knew, you knew if you saw her name, like as yeah, you saw her name in something, You're like, even if this is shit, she is gonna She's gonna delivered.
Speaker 3: Eat right, Yeah, that's I love it. Is it track Tenberg or tratched?
Speaker 2: I think it's tracked tin Berg track tin Berg?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, well alright, p what is something that you think Alex is underrated?
Speaker 2: I I don't know if it's underrated because I don't know how it's being read. I know how it's being read outside of the state of Maine, but how it's being read inside of the state of Maine is different as as I think. You know, I'm originally from the state of Maine, and our governor of the state of Maine, Janet Mills, did a little Trump clap back this week, and I think like it's being properly raided by anyone outside of the state of Maine, and I think people inside of the state of main have like weird sort of conflicted partisan feelings about it, but I just want to say that it should be better rated than it is, that at least one governor had in Maine had the strength to push back against extreme government over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean Trump really showed how strong he was by just picking on the woman in the room immediately.
Speaker 3: To fucking be like, where are you at. You're not gonna comply?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, people you Yeah, well I'll see you in court. And when he said okay, well we'll see you in court. Yeah, okay, Well and that went really easy, like.
Speaker 3: It turned into like a weird fucking bingo hall argument, last word off yeah all right, so oh yeah yeah, good luck with that ship.
Speaker 2: And it just makes it like puts me at a total loss for why everyone who disagrees with them doesn't do it, because I know that obviously they're gonna do some sort of like uh insane theory, you know, theatric investigation or whatever in order to do it, But like he just looks so silly when anyone says nah no.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, oh, because she's like, we're gonna I think the line was like, well, we're going to comply with a federal I was like, yeah, well what I am that federal law?
Speaker 3: Alright, all right.
Speaker 4: Famous famous there Don Don Pardo, Don, thank you so much for coming to my daughter's wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so you're saying that in Maine people are mad because people people I.
Speaker 2: Know who I who I like and respect, but maybe have different political opinions on it, or you know, are kind of reading it like why are we threatening our state funding by like taking on this fight, And it's like, well, we're doing it because we're practical.
Speaker 3: Government overreaches bad in the end, might be bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. People there are there are well meaning people who see this because they don't see trans people as equal and don't realize that, you know, there are like what a handful of visibly or sort of like or identifiably trans people who play sports at this level in the first place. So this is just an entirely made up fight. They imagine that this is a silly thing to put state funding at risk for, when in fact it's like, yeah, you should push back against this in any form that it comes up. This is bad, I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When you say, like, I think we have different political views yours, Alex being I like to speak up against stuff and they're like, they keep your fucking head low, man, man, shut your.
Speaker 3: Fuck up with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am allergic to keeping my head low.
Speaker 3: So yeah, welcome. You would have done bad in World War One, but we're glad you're here now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have guys, I have been told by snipers that I would not do well in the battle.
Speaker 3: All right, what is what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: We've probably covered this in one way or another, but like the Elon Rogan style of free speech, where it's just a cover for being terrible and racist and horrible, while actual free speech is constantly incredibly under attack by this existing administration.
Speaker 4: Yea right comedy is legal again.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, free speech as long as it's me being able to say something stupid and not being able to say something honest like that is I hope that that. I hope that everything we're watching right now drives and nail in that confident.
Speaker 3: You would think. So it feel it feels like they are doing a fantastic job of like driving the backlash, and the backlash does seem to be happening, like at a grassroots level. But I also it's the thing that seems weird to me about the response is really like the media just like not really being able to mount any sort of criticism or like just like talk about the truth. They're just like been so thoroughly beaten.
Speaker 4: They've done a great job they're doing They've really perfected it the last ten years or so.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That is Yeah, that sames thing. And I think there's also this extremely online tendency where people who have like I feel like decent takes that I agree with. Imagine that like everybody in the population receives information in the same exact way, and some people make evil decisions with that information, and other people make inherently just in good decisions with that information. And like the reality is like we just have no idea what the other people around us are getting by way of a narrative, by way of like either social media or sort of like what news is given to them. We just have terrifyingly little idea about what other people are experiencing by way of their reality. Yeah, but uh yeah, I like to think that some people are pushing back. I think going to those tesla protests, those have been fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, and the ones in Europe.
Speaker 2: You mean, no, there's a bunch here. There's been a bunch here where people will go in front of uh. I think there's a website related to it called Tesla Takedown. Alex Winter has been really sort of promoting these And if you go to the showrooms and stand outside with signs that say Elon's kids disowned him for a reason such as my my sign says, and you make it awkward for people to have to go into the Tesla dealership.
Speaker 3: Who is still going into Tesla dealership? I mean, I guess people who just taking a book are happy that comedy is legal, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's like the same things, like they're kind of it's like the pro Lifer playbook. Oh yeah, for sure, from the out in front of planned parenthood, like it'll just make it uncomfortable. And not to say like they're like how dare they? But I mean it's the sort of same logic you're using. Is to make it it's uncomfortable for a person to enter this physical building.
Speaker 2: Well, the idea is to rather than just use it as awareness, which it does and is great, and so there's always a nice reception or whatever, it's to like, it's to affect adversely the Tesla Stock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, which is a huge part of his wealth, right, yeah, huh yeah.
Speaker 3: But free speech currently defined as being able to make fun of the powerless and punched down and not excluding being able to make fun of the powerful, and that is that, and that's the free speech that we really need to protect.
Speaker 4: In the free speech is everybody shut the fuck up and only whatever I say, just agree with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I'm I'm a big fan. There's an organization called the Free Speech Coalition which fights a lot of court cases against pornography, which are specifically important because typically being able to broadly define anything as pornography as a way of censoring speech, especially queer speech, that is like a huge tactic by the right. So I am a huge supporter of this group called the Free Speech Coalition, which which fights these battles at the court level. They were at the Supreme Court last month doing one of these age verification fights, So I think that that's an important But yeah, whenever the exactly Jackie said it so perfectly, I haven't heard it said that way. But it's like, yeah, this brand of free speech where you're allowed to punch you down, but anyone who calls up, punching up is somehow should be arrested.
Speaker 3: Don't think that, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah that's I'm It's not being said in the mainstream media, but I feel like it has to have been said behind closed doors, like it has to be like the okay, this is the subtext of Project twenty twenty five, right, this is you just can't We need to make people feel empowered about making fun of unhoused people, right, and then also somehow make them okay with us using our men's power to come down on anybody who says anything mean about us, Right, don't don't ever say anything that will even fucking give me a shred of self awareness.
Speaker 4: Try that Ship's speech.
Speaker 2: The doubling, the doubling down on I can't believe as like a person who's like a young punk is saying this. But I just like can't believe how the present politic right now is just like a tripling or quadrupling down on fighting kindness. Right, It's so weird to just be like we have the right to be unkind Yeah, fuck off.
Speaker 3: As a as a young punk. And I mean that as like an older person calling you a young punk as a young punk, do you feel like we lost some of the battle, half the battle when selling out stopped being a thing that anyone gave a shit about. It was just like, Noah, I get your bag.
Speaker 2: I guess I yeah, I mean that feels like I absolutely seriously, it felt like when when it was okay to have like sacred songs and car commercials was really where maybe the plot was.
Speaker 3: Lost, right, we stopped being mad at bands for selling out, and now now look at us, look at us. Now, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, and there's one guy who's still out here standing up for freeze. Oh no, wait, he's doing the thing that we were just talking about. Jeff Bezos bend your knees, A standoffish? What are he? Low touch owner of the Washington Post. He's just he's not here to make anybody do anything. Yeah, he called himself a hands off owner when he first purchased the Washington Post. He just emailed his staff informing them that the Washington Post opinion section will soon change and focus on the quote support and defense of two pillars, personal liberties and free markets.
Speaker 4: Cool cool, cool, cool, yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, He did stop short of suggesting that there would be more articles about why baldness is hot and how holding your ar end twelve hour shifts is good for your ab builds at bubles. It's greatore exercise, good core. But it's I think we'll probably get there. He probably didn't need to say those. But these are yeah, personal liberties, you know, which they they will define as like me being able to do whatever the fuck I want as an incredibly wealthy person. Yeah, and free markets. So fucking wow.
Speaker 4: He didn't not even subtle about this HyET too. It's like, I mean, I guess you know. That's where people should continue to realize that this corporate media is absolutely an unreliable narrator for anything happening in your life. When they're like, fucking stop talking about this. This this letter goes on quote. We'll cover other topics too, of course, but viewpoints opposing those pillars will be left to be published by others. There was a time when a newspaper, especially when that was a local monopoly, might have seen it as a service to bring to the reader's doorstep every morning a broad based opinion section that sought to cover all of yous. Today, the Internet does that job.
Speaker 3: And the Internet is nailing it. Thank you, the Internet. Yeah, crushing it. No notes, no notes, the Internet. Yeah, I mean I will say I feel like the Washington Post and the New York Times have been not doing a great job for a while now, so like this is not to be like, look what we've lost the you know the I used to go to the Washington Post opinion sections. But it does feel like we're losing something right, Like it feels it feels weird, like I said up top, like just the complete absence of any coherent criticism. It feels a little bit like is this really really happening? You know, like because nobody nobody's like saying it outright. They're not saying like the federal government has fallen to Elon Musk, you know, like when they can't podcasts are saying that, but like the Yeah, the New York Times Washington Post are not saying that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're still treating it like, oh, look at this curious case of fuckery and DC rather.
Speaker 2: Than they like they'll call it like a management style, which is like such an interesting I mean, it's like it feels almost cliche to talk about like how orwellian some of this stuff is. But yeah, they'll like talk about a literal prolonged coup attempt as like a clash in management style, right, and you're like, what the fuck are we doing?
Speaker 3: Hands on? Yes, but yeah, the yeah that in this seven part series, we will use the Myers Briggs test to analyze Trump's uh peccadillos as a manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I think this is more just like one of those things you tell like live people in your like the libs in your life to be like, see even Bezel, you can't even trust your your Washington posts now, like they're all in on just basically completely you know, creating manufacturing consent for whatever they're going to do in DC so he can so he can sit on his little coins. I feel like we just don't make fun of Jeff Bezos enough, Like how the fuck is this guy still walking around here in these dumb ass tight silk shirts and shiit looking like a walking midlife crisis, and people just like, you know, looking like.
Speaker 2: Lex Luthor, Like yeah, all of these guys are are Lex Luthor, And somehow we're just like physically actually manifesting the role, which is, yeah.
Speaker 4: You think he like presses out like some fucking chest presses and looks in the mirrors.
Speaker 3: Like yeah sex Oh yeah, I'm sex Luthor. Yeah he's seen sex Luthor the screen name. Yeah, that's his American psycho moment. He does like fucking in the mirrors.
Speaker 2: Like your sex luthor of Jeff. I bet he fucks so weird. Oh yeah, I don't want it.
Speaker 3: Is so interesting, like I do. I've always been a big believer in like the power of films as like the dreams of uh you know, of a society like you, they are manifesting, you know, our culture is manifesting like various things. And it's so weird that yeah, we like, like the Superman myth got so specific, like nailped so many details of this fucking guy. There's just like he's gonna be bald and like weird and probably try and get muscular at some point. Yeah yeah, yea, anyways, not great. Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: So that record is we're giving one star out of four.
Speaker 2: I don't think, like I'm really like I've been trying because some people listen to what I say for some reason to just like when people feel powerless, like encourage them to do something. And I feel like even small things like subscribing to indie media or like journalists who are doing the real job. I think that that's all great and it's important, and I so strongly encourage it. But even then you think about the fact that like now that reporting is just is to you know, to use it now expires to look and like balkanized. It's like every there's just like little clusters of reporting over here and over here and over here. And the fact that there isn't any reliable place, even though these places weren't even like really reliable in the first place, sort of assembling those narratives in a place where like people are more likely to see them than not. Yeah, yeah, again I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Not good, Yeah, really, I mean it's it's also I think because a lot of people had for so long put their faith in the big d democratic like version of things and like the mainstream media, and like you know, had spent a lot of faith on that, like this is going to be painful and like further demoralizing to people who were still in that place of being like Joe Biden's gonna get elected. He's he's fine, yeah, Kamala hair. You know all these ends our big institutions.
Speaker 4: How you look at it though, But because you could say, for decades the media has failed like the LGBTQ community, people of color, disabled, people like this, they were always doing the ship. But now like as they strike off more and more groups that they're like, well, we're gonna talk about this ship. We're gonn talk about this ship. We're now it's like we're getting up higher where it's like you're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna talk about this anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just like they've been whittling away like this kind of coverage to again obscure except for American people. Just how terrible the ills that many of us face are with actual journalism, and those journalists who do it, credit to them because it is happening. But to your point, Alex, it's not happening in a centralized place or a place that's mainstream enough where people can connect the dots, because again.
Speaker 3: We all understand what's at stake here. For people like Jeff Bezos, they don't want people to fully connect.
Speaker 4: The dots obviously, so it's better to just do this kind of shit and hopefully again that's what I'm saying, Like this is for like probably well to do white liberal people who are still believing like in the Washington Post or New York Times, you're like, y'all come on, now, come on, I.
Speaker 2: Will say, I will say a thing that has changed. Is this happened this morning? Is my mother will text me and she'll be like, I saw this news story. Does this come from a reputable source or I saw I like, I don't I want the Democrats to get in charge. Who should I give money to? Should I give it to like the larger sort of senate organization? Should I give it to directly to people? And she I know that this is not necessarily common, but it is really nice to see someone who's born in the fifties not just like accept the whole thing and go, yeah, I realize that things are changing. I don't know how to act accordingly. Can you like point me in a direction?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there is something I think that just does feel in it in your bones? Wrong, yes, And that even then even if you are like a solid boomer who again comes from the air of like but it was on the TV, of course, you know what I mean? And to that point. Yeah, I mean it is, there's I think people again, people are feeling it. But yeah, hopefully more people can really put it all together.
Speaker 3: The fraud is so pervasive at every single level. You know, it's like the President is basically their thanks to fraud, and people are you know, our text messages that we get on a daily basis are like fifty percent attempts at fraud, and you know the calls that you get are like fifty percent scam likely mostly your email in box has been taken over.
Speaker 4: That's me trying to communicate with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I mean, okay, then please stop at talking about exciting business opportunities in every subject.
Speaker 4: Well, Jack, you haven't just so you know, you haven't paid your express Lane toll that you violated in five days now, and I'm just trying to help you out.
Speaker 3: Express Lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have been trying to deliver this package for quite some time.
Speaker 3: That's right. So I feel like it's getting so thoroughly broken that it makes sense to me that more and more people are just going to be like, all right, well now I can't trust fucking anything. I've had to like talk to some elderly family members about like, no, you can't click on that, Like that's actually not helping me clean your phone. That's going to be Yeah, that's why we need to get a new one now.
Speaker 2: That shit scares me where it's like especially with like deep fake voices that can call with the voice of a family member. I mean it is. I have set up a system with like people I know and love that we like write down and don't text it back and forth. We write down the code word we would say to prove who we are in case we get one of those distressing calls.
Speaker 3: And what is the code word? Just ye no, I'll I thought I'm going to say, because you're like the code word, which I was like Wheeler Steel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is. It is su pervasive that it's like, you know, you're lucky if five percent of your inbound communication is like authentic.
Speaker 3: Yes exactly. All right, Well, speaking of authentic, I want to go back to a foundational brand in my childhood, that is it's in trouble. Yeah, and for the low price of a cup of coffee, you can help. They should start doing like those you know p s a like ads that tug at your heart straight but for corporation corporate a difficult time. Yeah, but yeah, there's a lot of reporting going on that Tropicana oj is and is headed for tough places funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the revenues apparently are falling. Uh. And then recently thei Pai Partners, the European private equity firm that took a controlling ownership stake, like a few long ago years ago, from four years ago, they recently gave them thirty million in emergency and like a thirty million dollar emergency loan to Tropicana. They said, we were like a lender of last resort, so private equity is involved. But from what I can read and find, it seems like they were actually trying to make the brand profitable. They're like, oh, we can turn this brand up because like it's hard to see how it could be cannibalized from the inside when they are trying to throw cash at the problems, Like fuck, fuck, fuck, what the fuck are we doing wrong. It can't just be that orange juice is now so hard to make because of climate change, and also people are much more conscious about sugar intake. Those can't be the things. But for example, like the things again, because you'll always read these things sometimes they'll just blame like, you know, consumers are less interested, and they are they are saying that, But I believe the reasons that they're saying why consumers are less interested, Like the sugar intake, people are much more conscious about like damn, I need to be drinking like a bunch of sugar, like all the time.
Speaker 2: I'll have a glass of juice on like the plane, and I'm like, we used to do this all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the time.
Speaker 4: I used to fucking pound minute made orange juice out of a half gallon container that had added vitamin D. That's what my mom was like, Oh, yeah you can, you can rock with Yeah, it has added vitamin D.
Speaker 3: It is water with vitamin in it. Like that is how I thought of propaganda. I was like, why would I drink water when I can get healthier by drinking this thing that tastes like I just bit into an orange.
Speaker 2: It's really crazy how different, like how different thirty years ago was where you're like, our parents were told there was one vitamin in it and.
Speaker 3: Yehead, go ahead destroy yourself that Now it is viewed like you're letting your kids smoke, like letting your kids just drink juice freely is like it we so, you know, I have a seven and eight year old and juice is doled out in tiny juice boxes only at birthday parties, one at a time, and the shit is like methadone juice where it's like stepped on with water. Like I've tasted it. It doesn't even taste like juice. It's like, yeah, it's they have water that shit down like as a favor to us, because juice is so bad. It's it is like letting your kids smoke.
Speaker 4: Is we're basically sniffing base cocaine base like the juice form in our day. We're like yeah, bro, fucking straight to the dome half gallon and one day watching me.
Speaker 2: But because it's now seen as child abuse, like Jack said, but it's also like you can get measles. That's fine, but you.
Speaker 3: Can't have yeah, exactly too much juice? Is that honest juice?
Speaker 4: No, then my child cannot drink it. Get it away, Get it away now.
Speaker 3: Well, my kids have a glass of orange juice as a treat. They are high for like twenty days. They're like so why They're like yo, yeah, like yo, why don't you tell me about it like, is this just LA, because I'm like surprised that this hasn't just crashed out more.
Speaker 2: Well I do. I am in like I'm so sorry I keep talking about me, and but I'm there quite often and like they're juice has fallen off across the juice hath fallen.
Speaker 4: We can't announce your juice has fallen, folks. The other thing, though, too, is prices, right, because again, oranges are very hard to harvest. Now, like Hurricane Milton. This is one person who's like the head of the Florida Citrus Mutual Advocacy Hurricane Milton. Oh no, no, Matt Joyner, Hurricane Milton, head of the right said quote, Hurricane Milton came across the center of the state and really impacted probably seventy percent of the most productive citrus acreage in Florida. And then it's not this article in the CNN goes on, it's like, it's not just atmospheric disasters that have devastated the industry. Orange production in the US has declined in recent years due to the spread of citrus greening disease of bacterial infection that cuts off key nutrients to orange trees, which first hit Florida twenty years ago. Add on top of that, Canada is making eyes at Brazil's orange juice market to cut the US out of it over all the tariff shit, and they're like, well, fuck your brother, the Brazilian orange juice is cheaper like metal. Why don't we just skip these fucking weirdos to the south of US, the US, not Brazilians, And now take the Brazilian oj just retaliatory. So this again, this is this all it all comes together. And then the price, the price of orange juice has almost basically like doubled since twenty twenty. And so that now also on top of people being like, damn, do I really want to drink all this shit? And now it's cost four dollars and fifty cents for twelve ounce a twelve ounce bottle of orange juice, like brod, keep be drinking a fucking like malt liquor for cheap water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. I got man.
Speaker 4: I used to fuck with brass Monkey, but not anymore.
Speaker 2: And this is an absolute side note, but I I am, I'm forty plus and so I'm trying to take care of my digestive stuff. And this relates to the breakfast style. I tried to get anything with fiber in it, and we as a country stopped that entirely. Nothing as fiber, and it all has added protein. Yeah what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta get swollen wool.
Speaker 4: Tim Ferriss. Tim Ferriss won basically.
Speaker 2: With the added protein.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeh yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no for real, it's like what the fuck look even like baby juice like fruit pouches, like baby food pouches. I'm seeing that she's like, hey, added loaded with protein, and like.
Speaker 2: They turned every car into an F three P fifty for some reason, and you're like, you know, we're just need to get from.
Speaker 4: Point like my child is not bulking right, Like I just want some shit with like some fucking fiber, Like the fuck, but yeah, I mean again. The other thing that they point to also is that like when you go to like a Smart and Final or like cheaper grocery stores, especially in low income areas, people just aren't fucking with it just at all anymore. And that's a huge hit because something that used to be this like I think when it was cheaper, it was easier, everyone like yeah, fuck, I'll get some orange juice. But now it's it's it's expensive. It's also just too like it's not the healthiest, although that might not be everyone's calculus, it's it's getting a little.
Speaker 3: Bit hard for them to peddle that OJ. Still remember, like they they used to be fucking balling. Like I remember there was this like business article I read in the nineties about how like the demand for tropic cana was like shooting through the roof so much that they had to like invent these like silos that were completely vacuum like could there was no air able to get into them, and so they would like take the OJ from like the orange juice factory, put it in a completely air tight truck, take it to these silos that were like completely vacuum sealed, and then like because there was no air there at all, you would not be able to like like they wouldn't go bad. And like that's how they were able to like handle the quantities of orange juice that people were demanding from them. The only side effect of that, and I think this also might be part of the story, The only side effect of that is that when you keep orange juice vacuum sealed away for like three years, it loses all its flavor, and so they had to figure out a way to get the flavor to come back. So they had to like basically create a like orange perfuming tactic that like added the flavor the scent of oranges into this like zombie orange juice that had been that is like years old, but still gets to be called like fresh squeezed because of some fucking you know thing that they lobbied the FDA for. It's just a wild story that I'm sure you know. There's a noticeable drop in quality from like the orange juice that we were getting from Tropic Cannon in the nineties early nineties and that we were sniffing base we were sniffing straight up, y'all would have died.
Speaker 4: Y'all would have died sniffing the shit.
Speaker 3: I will still, like, if there is like genuinely like fresh squeezed orange juice somewhere like and those these oranges with that like you can see being squeezed, I will get that shit. And that shit is like the greatest thing that I'm like, we shouldn't have it this good as human Like, this shit is just we fucking good. We don't deserve this, and it's gone. Yeah. Uh and but like, yeah, compared that to the shit in Tropic Cana, I feel I feel like.
Speaker 4: They also did the thing recently too, where like they shrunk the bottle to not raise prices and people are like what the fuck.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 3: Like, well, you don't want to ruse prices.
Speaker 4: And they're like you basically, are you dumb?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 4: You're giving giving me less volume for the price?
Speaker 3: What do you think that is? Try to hide it? Yeah, all right, that's all.
Speaker 2: That's all it us.
Speaker 4: That's that's where I do see a bit of the private equity thinking creeping in. But again, I think they're just dealing with a product that is just just waning in popularity for sure. Yeah, unless we find it a you know, arawan and then we will play. We'll gladly pay twenty five dollars.
Speaker 3: For twenty of that is to say that place exists, is it? I feel like people outside of La probably don't know about Arawon, but.
Speaker 4: They probably do because it's so like in Mesh. I don't know, not that everyone, but it's so in Mesh with celebrity culture that like it's any paparazzi photos like so and so coming out of Arawon because I see people that there's like there's an Arawon in Studio City that I see people just hanging around to take photos at, like people I think are coming to Arawon's like there's even one by the grove where people just want to fucking stunt in front of an Arawon.
Speaker 3: Don't go there, bro.
Speaker 2: I did have someone I had a friend here from Toronto and they wanted to stop buy one for as all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our family are our family friends from Australia. Their daughter was like, all right, I'm in La. This is what I want to do. Take me to Arowon and people are kicking it to try and see celebrities too.
Speaker 4: It's just like again, it's just become like synonymous with all of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I guess everybody knows what Thank You.
Speaker 4: Youth Correspondent producer Victor said in the chat. There are so many tiktoks and YouTube videos that go like testing how good Arowon is. Yeah, people, it's like it's just part.
Speaker 3: Of the zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: The zeit geist.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be back to talk about Fire Festival too, and we're back. I guess this is like the scam episode because Fire Festival two is back. Maybe Fire Festival is back. Yeah, it does feel like a concerted effort to just be like, all right, everything twenty sixteen to twenty twenty, we're running it back. We did not like the pandemic, so we're just going to try and relive everything from before that and maybe maybe it'll go back to that. Billy McFarlane, fresh out of prison for doing a festival one, is holding Fire Festival two from May thirtieth to June second on the Mexican island of Islam Muhades and tickets just went on sale this week. So I don't So here's here's my conundrum, Miles. I don't want all of that to know that you bought tickets. I don't want all our listeners to turn off the podcast and go buy these tickets. It's like we're going to see such a fall off in listenership at this moment. But I do feel like it is our duty to report these incredible deals to you. Yeah, so tickets are available for as low as fourteen hundred dollars, great, go on, say okay, but yes, I know so you're thinking, wow, what a deal. How is that possible? There's also a twenty five thousand dollars option, which includes two tickets and access to the fight pit, not some kind of clever name. That is literally just a fight workers fight to the death for your entertainment. I mean MMA fighters who you know on the side because old time employees. I don't know how MMA contracts out, but entirely possible. Yeah, you just watch them fight each other there, just straight up fucking squid game. Ship. It's like, what, let's let's do a squid game. People would pay for that. Yeah. You you also get artist access to the festival grounds so well, and we'll get into the artists in question in a second backstage, access to the water stage pit side access to the fight pit, uh, a curated itinerary of fire experiences, Phoenix transportation throughout the weekend, presumably just golf carts. You get golf carts and access to fire concierge.
Speaker 4: But all that is so vague. I'm at the website right now. They say all these things, but there's nothing. I don't know what the guy is.
Speaker 2: Did you guys listen to a friend of your show and friend of our show, Jamie Loftus's Haley Welch.
Speaker 3: Talk to Yeah. I listened to Yeah.
Speaker 2: She did like a bonus part where she talks to like z tron is tron? Is that the same about about that whole phenomenon? And his take is basically like our entire economy is rug pulls. Now, Like the entire economy is like, use the brand to sell enough stuff real quickly up front before people accept that it's a scam. And even our commitment to dark irony makes this thing a thing that people will will do and then they'll complain when it's essentially an obvious rug bull. But I, day by day ever since I heard him say that, I was like, ah, fuck yours all right, Yeah, everything's a rug bull, Like the cyber truck, think about the cyber track, like that whole thing.
Speaker 4: Are you going with this this? It's a fucking sick ass car, dude.
Speaker 3: It's a well executed rugule. I would say, like they did.
Speaker 4: It seems having to wear swastika is in public.
Speaker 2: I know that that's been a problem for you. I you know, I knows T shirts.
Speaker 4: I'm a person of color, and you're like, come on, you're doing it for shock value. I'm like, well, I'm half Japanese that they were part of the axes.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying with a very specific population.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think the main question on people's minds right now is how could those tickets be that cheap? And of course you must you must be hiding from me a higher a higher level of experience, and I of course I am talking about the one point one million dollar Uh what's it called?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: Prometheus?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: Because so first here Ignite, you're starting the fire. Next hear Fuego. Dude, that's already Jesus Christ next year if.
Speaker 2: You required to see your face say that for someone to listen to it, because.
Speaker 3: Or just trying to get dude, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: I can't get back there, dude, I got the Fuego pass I.
Speaker 3: Got the Fuego Phoenix. So something bad has happened at the tweens Fuego and Phoenix because they're now rising out of the ass. We're doing all right. So you're doing all right, and now the god of keeping a fire alive, Prometheus, I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: The text on the website to try and get people into the Prometheus past.
Speaker 3: This is what it says.
Speaker 4: The origin of the Prometheus Pass is shrouded in secrecy. Legend has it that it was inspired by the titan Prometheus, who defied the gods to give humanity fire f y e R a spark of creation and innovation. This pass is not for the faint of heart, nor is it for the casual attendee. For it is for those who seek to rise above, who don't just want to witness history, but aspire to shape it. Because you are going to be universally called the dumbest, fucking, stupid motherfucker ever for buying this ticket.
Speaker 3: When you die in a helicopter crash, because that is how you get around in this a helicopter.
Speaker 2: Yeah No, that reads the way that you read it, And just the copy reads like one of those title story screams from Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 3: Too right right, really awesome, really cool fatality.
Speaker 4: Maybe when Goro decided to bring together.
Speaker 2: Go, I was like, there's so many words. I'm ten. I just want to see Yeah.
Speaker 4: More lore No, that's Motoro, Dad, He's more stronger than Gol.
Speaker 2: That's so true.
Speaker 3: Game of NBA JAM, they like do a cut scene, they're like the power Forward Charles Barkley did not license his name for this. Thus we have all right. I just want to read the prometheust here because you literally, I don't don't think you could pay me one point one million dollars to do this, just keeping in mind. So the thing that the First Fire Festival is famous for is being a scam, perpetrated by somebody who is not great with the detail, not not great attention to details. And this would be four day access for eight people, fight team, access to fight pit, so you get to hang out with the fighters, with MMA fighters, which you get to do like what Mark Zuckerberger does, I guess in the corner of MMA fighters and like pretend to hand things to people. Curated itinerary and again very vague, very vague. Twenty four to seven private chauffeur service access to private Marina, private air charter flight from Miami, Florida to Cancun International Airport, followed by and this is where I get a little nervous about putting my life in the hands of the planners of the Fire Festival. Followed by private helicopter ride to Morris That ship is going down.
Speaker 2: Movie situation.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Traveling accommodations assistance for Fire concierge, three nights stay on yacht or villa. I like that they can't commit to yacht, yacht or villa or something. I don't know, I'll figure it.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge fan that they're just fundraising up front on tickets like they are. They have no investors, obviously.
Speaker 3: They like they people looked into the island. They asked, like, so have they pulled any like permits. The government says that no permits have been requested for the festival as of yet. A festival that's happening in a few months.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, Jack, because on the website there are actual longitude, longitudinal, longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates that I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when you go to those coordinates, uh, you are in the ocean. You're missed. They missed the island. Again. I'm just saying they don't have the best attention to detail. Maybe that's why they are not pulling the coordinate or the the permits because.
Speaker 4: There's no office here. There's no permit office here.
Speaker 3: Boss. I went to where you said no permit office legal or for legal reasons, you know, to be like, well, the coordinates actually never said explicitly on the physical land obviously, you know it's it's just offshore international water, Like are they doing international waters mentality? Like, dude, we can fucking do anything man international waters. So uh, there are some signs that this event will be a disaster. I know you guys have been on board and hopefully haven't buy your tickets yet, but.
Speaker 4: I'm about to hit confirmed, so I guess I'll hear you out before I fucking throw away.
Speaker 3: So no musical acts have been announced for Firefest two, which is ostensibly a music festival. That was the whole idea in the first place, was that this was a music festival. Now they did ask Billy McFarlane and he claimed that he's already booked quote some artists and has some others in mind. When asked if there were any a list acts, he responded, I think of a list as pretty subjective, but in my opinion, they're definitely a list, and then close it out by also suggesting that he's not actually in charge of booking the talent. So many just a fine concentrate of red flag Like this is like you ask your kid if they've done their homework and they say, I've done some of my homework. Done is a subjective term in the first place. It's actually not my job to do my homework anyways, and go fuck yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very very trump on the debate stage. I have concepts of a plan that I'm working on. I may the same thing.
Speaker 3: Some plans though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's also wanted to tell us about. On the website, when you go again to like the fire experience sub section the music, the word music is not even listed. It says water Adventures, extreme sports, leisure and wellness culture.
Speaker 2: It starts as a music festival, it becomes infamous as a failure, and now its brand is Infamous Failures Failure Festival. Yeah, so you can sell the proximity to the infamous failure. Maybe if you go, you'll be on the next suite of documentaries about the failure of fires.
Speaker 4: Or if you're smart, I would just start putting together travel packages to be like, yo, bro, I'll take you to go see the failure for way less money. Yeah, you could go that ship and guess what, they don't have permise. We can walk right in there.
Speaker 3: If that's what you'll want, may I Yeah that yeah? Failure capital capitalism, failure tourists Tourissarie.
Speaker 4: These fucking lose They're like, bro, they're like yo, for one thousand dollars, I had everything handled and I got to laugh at these people. That's even still a lot.
Speaker 3: I was gonna suggest too much if it was the Trump equivalent, where he was like, I have concepts of a plan, but then he does actually have a plan, he's just like not willing to tell you what it is because it's so like evil and bad for everybody involved. The equivalent of that would be that each of these tiers is that you're actually buying a ticket to hunt the tier below you. So he like lets them loose on an island, and then like obviously the Prometheus tier is hunting you from a helicopter.
Speaker 4: Right, So it's like that movie Battle Royal, Battle Royale, that Japanese movie. It's like, well, if you got the what is it the spark ticket? Okay, the weapon y'all get is like a spatula and maybe a frying pant. Yeah, and Team Fuego gets a police baton. Uh Phoenix, y'all get twenty two caliber little rifles. And if you got Prometheus, bro, we have we have just anti tank munitions.
Speaker 3: You can just from a helicon. Yeah yeah, yeah, sorry, ignite should have should have grinded harder, should have scammed harder. I also learned as I was just like kind of taking a look back at Billy McFarlane, just marveling at this person's this this life.
Speaker 4: When you say that you're talking because Billy's behind you right now, Yeah, yeah, taking a look back at him marveling.
Speaker 3: His first venture was a content sharing app called Spling, which Spling is such a dumb name for just anything. Uh, I have to have to respect it. Yeah. God, that description of the Prometheus tire and it's it's mythic, mysterious origins really made me took a couple months off my leg.
Speaker 4: Forged in the fires of Mount Scam.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, and when the obvious things happen, they're just going to refer to it as the Chorus tire and it'll be.
Speaker 3: Great, right right, My God. Again, I mean to like, you know, like shocking they didn't name a tier Icarus because it's just like a thing that has to do with fire. Yeah. I can't believe they didn't just call it that because they on some level know this is bullshit.
Speaker 4: You can get the left Eye, Lisa Lopez Tier, famed arsonist.
Speaker 3: What the fuck, Alex? What a pleasure having you on the daily Zeitgeist?
Speaker 2: Always the best? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Where can People Find You? Follow you? All that good stuff.
Speaker 2: I have a show called You Are Good at Feelings podcasts about movies where we talking about movies and therapy and feelings and stuff. And then I have another show called The o C Again, which is an oc rewatch show and finally a Zeine subscriptions. It was called high a Culture Culture Nice. Yes. Then I'm on the internet under my.
Speaker 3: Name There you Go, which is spelled sted. That is it is there a workimedia that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: I watched A Different Man finally, I hadn't seen that movie and I loved it. That's the one with Sebastian Stan and uh, it was wonderful as like being John Malkovich vibes in a tremendous way.
Speaker 3: Oh oh interesting, Yeah, I heard that's the one that like put him on the map for the Trump movie. But it's like better than the Trump Movie.
Speaker 2: It's essentially remarkable. It is truly remarkable. I can't recommend it enough.
Speaker 3: Nice miles. Where Can People Find You? Is there workimedia you've been enjoying.
Speaker 4: Well, you can find me at my bank asking for a loan so I can get this motherfucking Prometheus pass. But if you look for me on social media at Miles of Gray wherever they have at symbols, find jacket I on the basketball gas Miles of Jackot Mad Boostie where we record an episode before the Lakers played the Mavericks and.
Speaker 3: We're like, yeah, well we'll see what happens. Wow, it was a great time, great time, great times looking good.
Speaker 4: It's not great times. Was had against it, depleted Mavericks side. But also find me on four twenty talking about ninety Day Fiance. We're on season eleven of ninety Day Fiance. Episode two will be streaming today if you're interested in Also, let's see a little work of media. It's actually a tweet. First one is from at Rachel Lapdes l A p I d S tweeted why is improv always comedy? I want to attend an improvised slice of life family drama, which I'm like, that would that would take really significant levels of improv No how to do that?
Speaker 2: Rory Skoffel did one at Alesion a while ago with Chad the clown guy, and they did it and it was a play and I learned at the end it was so convincing. I mean, I had comedy in it, but it was so convincing that I learned after the fact was improved on the spot.
Speaker 3: Fucking Rory School.
Speaker 2: Goddamn. Oh really you thought it was like I was like, oh, this is like off the wall, but like whatever, And then after that it was improved in real time a guy they had a delivery guy come and deliver something on stage who didn't know he was on improv and he's the one who explained to the audience after the fact that this was improved.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got remarkable.
Speaker 2: I hope that person if they ever get to the allusion check out any of Chad's clown things or or Rory School for anything.
Speaker 4: Also, I love this video from at Alex Byron Comedy tweeted, please rate my Elon musk impression. I shaved and bought Tron sunglasses and this is just a pretty solid uh Elon impression.
Speaker 3: Do you condemn the CCP's treatment of theirs?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thought really about that.
Speaker 7: People expect everything to be now on mag it's gonna be really hard. So people gonna wish the as would you.
Speaker 2: I'm a breading king.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like, well, populations pretty much were seeding it everywhere and it's a real problem that we have and.
Speaker 3: Really good guess what.
Speaker 2: About grinds from seeing her children out of spite? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Whatever, kids, right, And it takes a lot of time. People don't understand that this is the wolk mind virus. You got.
Speaker 2: This is the song right?
Speaker 6: This is It goes on like another minute, but yeah, that's Alex Byron Comedy's amazing.
Speaker 2: Can I can I boost a tweet real quick? I totally yeah. Earlier this is from Blue Sky, I should be specific. This is from my partner in the podcast usc again Ecostratus, who was not coming up called the dad rock that made me a woman, But this is my favorite. It's time for the Milk Hotel to choose a side no longer that what did me?
Speaker 3: That's great workimedia. I've been enjoying. I liked the movie Kneecap about an Irish rap group, the Wraps in Irish like the old Irish and it's a lot of fun. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore o Brian. You can find me on Blue Sky at jack Obie the Number one on Blue Sky. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist and on Blue Sky at daily Zeitkeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fanpage and a website Daily zeikis dot com. You can go to the episode wherever you're listening to this and check out the description and there you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might joy?
Speaker 4: You know? Keeping the theme of Roddy Gun, I just want to also go out on this track because if you haven't seen the Raddy Gun video, I don't know if we should make We'll put in the footnotes footnotes yeah, for this episode. But the track that absolutely makes this crowd and Antigua lose it is this track Substitute Lover by half Pipe, and it came out like the in the nineties, but it's just a it's a banger and just I think watching the people react to it at this soundclash made me love the song even more. So check out substitute lover by half Pipe.
Speaker 3: That shit goes, as does rad to gun Roddy a gun all right. The Daily Zeit Guys is a production of My Heart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit Yeah Heart Radio, app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then Bye bye,