Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any of the excitement this season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right. Week two of football was great. James Cook popped off with those rushing yards for Bill Mafia. But you already know. I'm pumped for week three of football season. It's September and we still have hope for some of our favorite teams. Kansas City, they're zere and two. It's all good, though, There's still lots of time to believe in my homeboy and guess what. Right now, there's a match of discount offer where projection lines are at a minimum. Prize Picks are simple and easy to use. All you need to do is pick more on Patrick mahonmes point five passing yards more more more. Prize Picks is the best way to win cash this football season. Which players are going off, which ones aren't. Make your pick in less than sixty seconds, and turn your takes into cash all season long. Prize Picks is the best place to win cash while watching sports. Join millions of users and sign up today. Download the app. Use cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. Prize fixed is good to be right. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As you watch the Miami Dolphins lose for the third time this season, the Buffalo Bills run their record to a perfect three and zero thanks to a score of thirty one point twenty one Josh Allen, three touchdown passes, and two very costly mistakes by the Miami Dolphins in this ball game late in this ball game really doomed their chances of potentially winning this game. I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree Madden Rating Adjuster, Pro Bowl Hall of Ring of Famer, All Pro He's Chad Ocho Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button. Do us a favorite, Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you. Every time you tune in, you watch, you download, or you spread Nightcap through word of mouth. Ocho and I would like to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts, because without you, there would be no Nightcap. Please make sure you check out Shade by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you can't find it in the city or state near you, best believe we are coming to a city or state near you, but order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. The best tasting premium veslpe Cognact on the market. Don't take my word for it, try for yourself. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Please check out my media company on all of its platform Shayshe Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. We got very special guests joining us tonight. We got Olympic silver medalist in the one hundred meters, World champion gold medalists in one hundred meter Fred Curley joins us, and we got WWE Heavyweight Champion Superstar seth rawlins joining us a little later. But o jo the ball game. For a moment, we felt like the Dolphins could pull the upset. But two very very critical mistakes, Ojo, the Dolphins are not ozering. Three Buffalo Bills run their perfect keep their record perfect thanks to a three and oh oh Joe I tweeted this, I don't know why I d line would try to block the punt, o Jo. You had just scored offensively, you had just stopped them three and out defensively, You're about to get the football back. Why and two? I don't know what tools, but go ahead take it away? O Yo, what what would you see?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 3: We went out down.
Speaker 4: We played a good a good first half. We played a very good first half. We played competitive football as opposed to everybody else. You know, Oh, we playing the Buffalo Bills. The Buffalo Bills, they finna run us out of the stadium. We can rempeded. We played good football on both sides of the ball. No turnovers, uh no turnovers in the first half?
Speaker 1: True? Correct? Yes? None? None? Good good, good half were.
Speaker 4: Still in the game all the time, Execute and play good defense.
Speaker 3: No mistakes when you know you have a team that's better than you.
Speaker 4: You're already owing to When you know you have a team that's better than you.
Speaker 3: You can't have any mental mistakes. Brooks, you got to see on your chest.
Speaker 2: It was third down.
Speaker 3: You drop Josh Allen, You tackle Josh all the way.
Speaker 1: Down to the floor.
Speaker 3: What we doing? You gave him another set of downs and another off.
Speaker 1: Of the series.
Speaker 4: Yep, Siegler de tackle. You kill a center of the guard, whoever was a dude on the outside, get with a free run. Ain't blocking the punt. I appreciate your effort. I appreciate your effort, but trying. Come on, you know you ain't finna gift to that.
Speaker 1: Know you ain't for the block, not not in that spot.
Speaker 3: Come on, what you're doing like?
Speaker 4: Come on nine tour the splits, the condensed, the splitsor already condensed. Your eyes tell you everything. That linebacker, the linebacker, everybody know. They teach you in pee wee when you hike, when you're getting the ball, keep your eyes up fields for the linebacker.
Speaker 1: Don't know where you're going.
Speaker 3: Wherever you look, that's what they gonna.
Speaker 1: Go to the going that way.
Speaker 3: All you had to do was hold hold your eyelines straight, just for.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Then you know where you're going.
Speaker 4: Come on, man too, you know, baby, you know better than that. Like you look like we were just close, were just close.
Speaker 3: Like come on man, listen.
Speaker 4: Outside of us losing, we played well outside of those three bone head mistakes.
Speaker 3: I mean, you mean, come on, man, we got to do better. I mean, hey, ree, Tyreek, I know you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna see this hole tight boy, hold tighty, gonna get better.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you. I remember I had days like this. I had days like this. It's gonna be okay. Wadle hold tight a chen boy.
Speaker 4: You ran your ass off the night boy. You hit me, you ran your ass off the night boy. I mean the whole game. I don't know if that, I don't know if this was the game play with Mike McDaniels. They they had and then split the whole damn game. Damn there the whole game, bump and running day up in their face. I was hoping at some point because the running game was was pretty decent, it was pretty good. I thought they were gonna drop a safety and leave one on one out there. They kept they kept two safely up there high with the press running fifty five running cover of.
Speaker 1: Tool from press. Why would I Why would I not run fifty five against tour? Where are you going?
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: I mean you bet. I bet you wanna run that. I bet you won't run that against Lamar Jackson. You will run that cover against Josh Josh Allen. You can't joint jayde Daniels. Who can't because.
Speaker 4: When your back turn, he gonna come right out of the back door, and before you gonna be twenty yards down the.
Speaker 1: Field, he touching on your back turn around. I'm here, Oh Joe. All the things you spoke about, those are the mistakes that you make when you're oweing through oh and two, about to be oh and three. You make bonehead and mistakes like that. You can't get out of your own way. As you mentioned, they played an they played a perfect game. They got behind, came back. Okay, we got a ball game. We had, didn't get blown out in the first half. We gave ourselves a chance in the second half. And like I said, I don't know why a silo we try to block that punt. Not in that spot, O Joe. You had just going to touchdown, You had just gone down the field. You take buffalo and you make them go three and out and you try to block the punt. What I'm behind, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know who the special team coach is. You should have told them, don't even try to block it.
Speaker 1: Well, they had defense state. They had defense state because that's the only reason he's on the field. So they were like, so, you know, just to make sure they don't they don't do anything tricky. I'm gonna keep my defense out there, bring one returnal back, somebody go off, but I got defensive state. Okay, don't work. Don't even worry about it, because the worst thing can happen. You run into the guy and you well, they call the roughness because he didn't give him a chance to land. And really they tried to protect the punter and kicker from doing stuff like uh, trying to protect him when they're up in the air like that, Ojo. But in that situation, the worst thing that can happen happen. But when you're owing, when you're owing to, those are things because you gotta think, O Joe, how do we get to be oing to? Because it's not like they don't meet it's not like they don't have talent. You can make dumb plays at the most inopportunity of times, and it puts you in a buying to a like Ojo said, all you go, you know where you want to go with the ball. All you got to do is just once you do this where you think the linebacker going.
Speaker 4: Yes, along along with the safety, anything anything at that second level. Wherever your eyes is, whichever way your helmet is facing, that is the way the safety is drifting. Yes, if you know it's a short throw. If you know the spits already condensed, that means the linebacker ain't got that.
Speaker 2: Much that far to gold.
Speaker 4: No, he already everybody already tight line straight. Then when you're ready to throw, I'm looking at the target you go through. That that you go through that is repetitive weekend and week out, weekend and week out.
Speaker 1: Like you know that.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm I'm not a quarterback, hum, but I just I just know as a quarterback, you want to protect your receiver. How do you protect your receiver by holding your eye line? So not a bank bank blade?
Speaker 1: Right? How did Hansel and Gretel get back home? They left bread crumbs? You want that, you want that safety, that linebacker to follow you leeve drop them bread crumbs, which is your eyes he going what you spoke, what you try to do, O yoe, is that if you wanted to flow one where you look that way, but then you throw the opposite way because he's gonna go where you're you're gonna go. Because normally it's now unless you Matthew Stafford, you're throwing no look passes and stuff like that. And now that's that's a whole different story, Ojo. But in this situation, it was really two plays that really undid what the Dolphins had done to Night because I thought they played really really well to it. Didn't have big numbers, they did, like I said, they did a great job of getting the ball out of to his hands. They didn't want a chance anything with that pass rush Russ I think Russo uh and Bosa they didn't want Fanessa uh. They didn't want to They didn't want to take any chances, O Joe. So let's say three yards here, swing past their five seven yards. We're not holding this ball right because the last thing we want to do is get trapped because normally, O yo, what happens when Tua gets sacked, he doesn't have much grip strength. The ball comes out.
Speaker 4: And a lot of people, a lot of people laughing to listen. It was a great game plan, a great game plan. Mike McDaniel had a great game plan, knowing how good that front foward is, knowing you have to deal with Bosa. Okay, you know what, I'm not gonna put Tour in the vulnerable position. We're gonna condence the splits.
Speaker 3: The whole goddamn game.
Speaker 4: They was two three yards inside the number, the whole game, the whole game, why quick game, get it out, boom, if they come, if they cut the receivers, get it to the get it to the back out of the backfield. That's why everybody called him checked down to a check down to her, No, he's doing exactly what he's supposed to do, which is why he was so efficient without having any turnovers until it came later in the game. And the running game was one of the reasons why we had success and being able to score twenty one points and we just at the end of the game, I mean, you can't make those mistakes as the team that's owing to everything has to be perfect. You want to be as perfect as possible as possible, and.
Speaker 2: It's just I understand. Look at you would try your effort. It was the effort play. I'm trying to make a play for my team.
Speaker 4: But you got to know and understand the situation and have situational awareness. You're not gonna you're a dtacle from Young Bull.
Speaker 3: You two hundred three hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: You're not finna get that to block that.
Speaker 3: But I appreciate the effort.
Speaker 2: Who we got. I think we got the Jets next right at home.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I'm going I get I'm listen, I'm going I'm going on the limb right now.
Speaker 3: We gonna win this game because.
Speaker 4: I'm finna be like I'm finna be like Gilly. I'm coming out goddamn tunnel with the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: You hear me.
Speaker 4: I'm finna be the hype man this game. That's enough of this ship. That's nothing that I'm not dealing with this no more. I'm coming out the tunnel with the Dolphins. I don't care what Mike McDaniel say, I don't care what Stephen Ross say.
Speaker 3: They need they need me for team role, they need me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna hype their ass up. I'm gonna give them the pep talk. Before we play the goddamn Jets.
Speaker 1: Ship before the game, reports surface about players being late the meetings. Having this lininary issues had long been an issue under Mike McDaniels. Tartanus was an issue throughout last season. One current Dolphin player said he believed some captains the past season took advantage of their role. Ramsey and wide receiver Tyreek Hill, who were two of the eight players voted captains in twenty twenty four, were among the repeat offenders who received numerous fines. Throughout the season, players were often late to practice and meetings, and with multiple team sources suggested it reflected in lack of respect for Josh for Mike McDaniel, who was hesitant to publicly admodised players outside of posting fines. However, one Dolphins player who played for McDaniel and Miami said that behavior was exclusive to the twenty twenty fourth season and the issue of the roles. When the team stopped winning games, Ramsey's behavior became a drain on the team morale, according to multiple sources, including current and former players, who said this action vary from being late the team actually to outright leaving practice. Player driven leadership has always been emphasized under McDaniel. His style is one of the current players described it is laid back without with being hands off. Former Dolphins players who played for McDaniel said the coach was always open and vulnerable with his players, which he thinks players miscing strewed as being soft.
Speaker 4: And winning cures everything. Uh, I hate, I hate, I hate when stuff like this happens. When you have a you have a players coach that's a little bit leaning, and he allows you to get away with stuff, and all players aren't aren't treated equal.
Speaker 3: Oh you know that all aren't treated equal.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I understand some some people obviously having that c on their chest who you are, notoriety being a veteran, But there's certain things that you just can't do because when they see one person do it, then everybody else tries to do it. But everybody else know they can't get away with it based on who they are. Now now that everybody's losing. Now that we're losing, now everybody talking. When you're winning, it's quiet as a mouse. Ain't nobody saying nothing. Ain't nobody saying nothing?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Stuff is leaking out players that play for Mike McDaniel when you get a player's coach, a coach that's vulnerable, a coach that's fun, that's entertaining, that's you know, very like, very very loose, like a I'm trying to think, who can I compare like like a Sean McVay. I'm not saying coaching style. I'm not saying coach style. I'm just saying one that.
Speaker 3: You can relate to. He ain't Tom Coughlin, He ain't Bill Parcells, if you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So he's a little bit more lenient. And you know, I guess you had some players that took advantage of that. And I'm not saying that the fact that players are taking advantage of.
Speaker 3: That why we're losing. But some of those mistakes that's going on on the field, it's a part of discipline though.
Speaker 4: That's a part of discipline. And when it comes to discipline, that also reflects the coaching. So when there's certain things you allow, like coming late and being tardy, it leaks onto the fucking field.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 1: They lack leadership, see man, see, losing reveals character. You see when I told you when we first first started talking to Mike Shannon had told me something. Everybody, oh shouting, shut up, you don't know what you're talking about. Yeah, you never accept anything in a win. You witn't in a loss. I promise you. Playing fourteen years old, Yoe, you played eleven plus.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They did this when they was winning. They did the exact same thing. You never tolerated on a win. What you're witn't in a loss. If it was okay when you was winning, why isn't it okay when you because you allowed them to establish the coaches kind of coaches kind of like give you instructions of how we the players, decide what to build. See, when you got a strong foundation, nothing will ever crumble. Your foundation wasn't strong. Your foundational pieces was not strong right in their lives. You start the splinter instead of I don't know the matter of fact that they said, current and former players are talking. It just tells you to the egregiousness of it, tell you you the greciousness of it. You know you hear things, Oh, Choe, I ain't no report, I ain't breaking that they gonna get mad. How you know, yat, how you know you not there? Now they talking? Now, this is what we know Chad based on this over the last couple of years. When y'all say sources don't know what they talk about, y'all know they've donet done their homework. Somebody in that organization's talking. And it ain't just higher ups if players, they're talking. And this is what happens when you put the wrong people in place. This is what you get. Remember I told you Oho, I've always tried it. When I played, I always tried to do the right thing because people to watching. They were watching because they're looking, say, man, man, I can't wait. I get me a bout year eight nine and I get some and I played really well. That is what you want, Ojo. You want your best players to be professional. Now, A pro and a professional of two different things. A professional is the task is the job that you have. A pro is how you do said job the two different things. I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised at all. I'm not surprised you're not surprised by the names that were mentioned. I just I just hated that it's the names that mentioned. I really do. I hate it. I hated that the names that are mentioned because Jalen Ramseys had had a Hall of Fame career. Yeah, ty reeky got a Hall of Fame career. Not a good look on neither one of them. Why, o Jo, That's what I don't get, Oyo. When when was this a guy could just leave practice? If this was being reported? Ojo is true? I got you, Oh Jo? Did you ever have that a guy just left practice? Just leave? I'm talking, oyo, Just le not injured, just lee a I'm man, forget this, I'm a bout of here or a guy. I mean, I've heard the guy. Just leave it. Man, they get fair to get mad, as frustrated, and they leave, just lead the building. When did that, oh Joe, did that take place? When you playing?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Must the case?
Speaker 3: When was that?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: You got to understand we had a different We had a different setup. Will Winnie Ellison, Willie Anderson, you know, big big, big Bobby. They not they Andrew Whitworth walking out of who practice? Brian Stimmins, the Kyo Spikes walking out of what practice?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Dudes with Man, I'm saying me in general, unh as as great as I was during that time, they would have.
Speaker 2: Yoked me up, you know, I'm being honest, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if that's what should happen, Big.
Speaker 3: Willie, Man, please, man, man, it would have yoked me up.
Speaker 2: Man, Who the fuck you think you is?
Speaker 3: No, Now, we don't do that. It's already bad enough. We don't need you to be no distraction. Now what you doing to feel?
Speaker 2: That's one thing?
Speaker 3: You're doing your job, but off of it at practice?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I wan't no problem. I want no problem. Oh no, let me let me tell you what I think happened. They think Brian floor Is was too far this way, and so what do you do instead of hiding somebody in the middle, you go too far that way. Look how much face is up in there, o Joe. There's a lot of room for players to maneuver up and there.
Speaker 2: I got a question for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, you think players forget Jaylen Ramsey in tyree, You think players would have showed up late and walked out of practice with Brian Floyd as the head.
Speaker 2: The god damn Bright got.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not a fool.
Speaker 4: A fool that is different kinds of coaches, different kinds of mentalities, certain coaches.
Speaker 3: Hell, he don't have to say nothing, it just it's just it just they not to play with him like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, what we do?
Speaker 2: What? What? What? What's what's the answer. What's the answer. Give me your honest opinion, Give me.
Speaker 1: What do the Dolphin need to do? What do we need to do? The clean the house? They clean the house. They're going to cleanse so down, down, down clean who they're gonna clean house? You think so Tyreek's gone after this season? If not, better trade that line. They've already got rid of Jayalen Rams. Yes, they're changing the culture. Am I gonna be shocked? I'm surprised Mike McDaniel is still there because when you say you finding players, obviously that has to come out of payroll. Obviously you have to write it up what they're being fined for? Why why are you taking money from them? The general manager sees that.
Speaker 2: So you got to understand the situation that we.
Speaker 4: Dolphins fans myself, people have have been fanned for this organization, me since nineteen seventy eight. If you say we're cleaning house, we're basically hitting the reset button and before we get a competitive team will be a very long time from that, because you know how long it takes to rebuild yourself.
Speaker 2: Back up to being a winning organization.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. You can't win with you can't win with leaders like that. Though, You can't can't win with leaders like that. I mean, I wish I could, you know, dress it up for your nice chat, but you can't. You can't. You have to have an extreme If those guys, if those guys are your leaders, I'm talking about your main leaders. You think Tyreek did this with add to read mm hmm, Ram didn't do this with with mcvaye either.
Speaker 2: Different culture, different coaches.
Speaker 1: But what but why, oh Choe, don't you want to win? You can see what I say. God, I see now. I tell you, guys, guys say they want to win, but do they really want to win? Are they doing the thing? Because it's just what you do? Oh Joe, you win Monday through Fry. You just played the game on Sunday. You win the game on Monday through Friday. I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I don't And I can't remember when these issues were arising. When these issues were happened, they actually were winning. That's when the issues occur. When you are winning and you understand what you get on Sunday, then the coach of the Little Boy Leon with some of the stuff away. We had the same issue in Pittsburgh. You alreaty know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: We didn't get to see that part until it came to a head where enough was enough.
Speaker 1: Production in tolerance. Yeah, as long as production is here, Yeah, tolerance can be here. Tolerance would never outweigh production. When Tyree was getting nineteen hundred yards, you didn't hear a thing you say, how as production was as Tlerance was up there too, he had nine hundred last year production drop, tylers was still up here.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, right.
Speaker 4: We we we got to get We gotta get me on and a in a in a rightful situation so that he can flourish.
Speaker 1: O jo. He came from a structured o cho. If you normally when you come from a structured environment, if you go look at somebody in the military more times than not, not always, what are they always on time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very disciplined the go look at.
Speaker 1: And the way they keep their homes very tiny. Yeah, So no matter, even when they leave the military, they kind of still gravitate towards.
Speaker 2: That very old CD in a general and just in the way they live.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so it's surprising to me. No, it's not, it's not, it's not. It's not surprising to me. Players say they want to win, but they actually think just winning the game is winning. You win in practice, you win in meetings, you meet in the training room, you win in the meeting rooms.
Speaker 6: That's when you win. They just looking at winning on Sunday. That's not that's not the only way you win. You win Monday through Friday. That's when you win. I just don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't and I'm never gonna You're not gonna make me understand, because, like I said, I mean, what what do you got to do? Oh Joe, how are you late? I can see if you leave it one somebody that got two jobs, oh yoe, and they run they hey, they got off the other, one job late getting to the other. I get it. I don't know another player that has another job. He got one job making thirty million, one guy making twenty two to twenty three million, and you late.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I've been late before. It wasn't. It wasn't a continuous occurrence though.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, oh your week.
Speaker 2: I can tell you when it was.
Speaker 4: It was a goddamn December and I opened the door and the snow everywhere. It took me for ever to get out the goddamn parking lot.
Speaker 1: I get it. I look everybody. I think it's better to me. I shouldn't say everybody, But most players have been late at least once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, But I.
Speaker 1: Don't think what they're talking about is a a once occurrence reoccurring. Yes, yes, oh jo, like I said one time, Hey, it ain't gonna happen. But see that's why. That's how Mike was overweight. Mike gonna hit you for fifty dollars a pound. It's just what it is. You late to the meetings. Hey, you can pay the normal fine, or you can pay it in cash in front of the team charts is yours? Now tell you Mike gonna get rid of you.
Speaker 2: Hey, you can't win.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't win because you say you're you're fostering a culture that as the old guys start to move away, this is what you're gonna be left with. And so that's why what did they always say, Oh Joe, you try to get the bad apple out, because the bad apple will for all the rest of the apples.
Speaker 2: But listen, sometimes your bad apple is also sometimes your best player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there lies the problem I say.
Speaker 2: I said sometimes, yes, and.
Speaker 1: There lies the problem. Why why let me ask your question, why did the Patriots win so much? Who is the hardest worker?
Speaker 2: Twelve?
Speaker 1: You see? You see the foundation that he laid. I guarantee you it's the same way in Kansas City. You go when you get your best players and they're the hardest workers. You Michael Jordan's, Kobe Bryant, your your Josh ap Llands, your Patrick Mahomes, your Peyton Manning's, your Tom Brady's. It's easy to follow those guys. Yeah, but you got to have a strong That guy gotta be strong, and guys don't want to let guys like that down.
Speaker 2: Damn man bad.
Speaker 1: We knew it was bad. Oh yo, we knew it was bad.
Speaker 2: We knew it was bad.
Speaker 1: But what.
Speaker 2: H huh?
Speaker 1: I think we knew?
Speaker 2: I knew it was bad.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying the way we played the night, the fight, that we showed, the resilience that we showed that, you know, the whole world they doubting us. Oh, y'all don't have y'all don't stand a chance. Y'all won't get run out of the stadium, Buffalo from the beat.
Speaker 1: Y'all headed.
Speaker 4: No, we played good competitive football with three mistakes, with three mistakes, and I hate to blame.
Speaker 2: It, but that cost us a chance to tie the game.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, it cost us it.
Speaker 2: Just damn man. I still got a tour of Jersey on though.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I see. Oh, y'all, We're gonna move along. Former Raiders head coach Antonio Pierce said it thanks. It's foolish to believe Tom Brady won't use his access as a broadcaster to help the team. Pierce said, this is unprecedented that we're seeing. I think it would be uncomfortable if it was the other way around, to be honest with you, because you're not dealing with just the normal person. Tom Brady is elite of the elite, one of the greatest quarterbacks, one of the greatest players in this game. It's hard for him to watch a few things on Friday's practice or hear things in production meeting and be like, hmm, and I have tied bitts. You'd be foolish enough to think that he's not gonna share those with the Raiders because we had those conversations about certain things.
Speaker 3: Those conversations don't matter.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Tom Brady's the seven time Super Bowl winning quarterback, six with the Patriot and one with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Him going to another seam practice and sharing with the staff for the Raiders ain't helping it, because it means nothing. Once you touch the field and you have to execute, you have to execute. It comes down in exit nose. Mari Ormano, winning your individual matchup, having a conversation about what I saw don't mean nothing.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact.
Speaker 4: Small example, we watched Canelo spar one of Canelo's spar partners with Diran boots in this and then when it was time to fight another switch hitter and Bud Crawford, did it matter?
Speaker 3: It didn't matter.
Speaker 1: No, But what if they got in tail? What if that got intail of what Bud was actually doing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm giving you a look on what you're gonna see Sunday.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't want no look. I want to look from what you're telling me. Giron boots in It is not is not Bud Crawford. So let me ask you, So let me ask you a.
Speaker 3: Perfect I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 4: Jern Bue sentence is not buck offer, Tom Brady and gen know Smith Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: No, what you're telling, whatever your information you give is.
Speaker 2: Not gonna work.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you a question. So if b mac so if if if if buzz trainer? What a teal cout down loads trainer. Okay, this is our strategy. That's not gonna help either.
Speaker 4: Hum absolutely now, because they're getting the record, no matter what I tell you, still got to execute the fight.
Speaker 1: Stop it, stop it, stop it. You know that's not the case. Absolutely absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Wait listen to me real quick. Listen to me real quick. You planting the denmer Broncos, right, yes, you plaimed the demmer Broncos. Yes, just say they got your playbook and you don't know it. They got your playbook and Johnny Way called the plane the huddle, and you get to the line you worried about them knowing.
Speaker 1: What the play is. That actually happened on what you're gonna get up. No matter what I ain't he I ain't got to tell you no speculation. It happened. The Tennessee Titans had our playbook.
Speaker 3: Did you get open that game.
Speaker 1: Hey, we made what we won? Oh Joe, I made one play. Jamal Lewis rushed for a touchdown. The defense took the game over. We couldn't do nothing offensively. They checked. They had a check for everything that we did, every formation we got in. They had the perfect call. The only play that we made was the formation they had never seen before, where we ran switch routes. I ran up, I was I was lining up in the slot and we crossed. I went up the rail and outside, got went up, went up there on the scene. I caught the go ball.
Speaker 3: They passed it off.
Speaker 1: Nope, they blew it and they stayed both of them stayed inside and let me go round the rail, stop free. I get it down to the one. Jamal run the ball in. We ain't do nothing after that because they had the playbook.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, you cut from a different claw. We think the same, we play the same, we talk the same. So the fact that you're not agreeing with me on this now, I do wouldn't care what they know. I don't care what plays you know. I don't care what Tom Brady tell anybody when I line.
Speaker 3: Up on that field.
Speaker 2: You for get this fucking work.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You fin get this work? My bad, My bad, my bad.
Speaker 1: It's work.
Speaker 2: That don't mean nothing.
Speaker 4: That ain't no competitive advantage because you still got window whistle blow. You still got to go out there and execute the exit.
Speaker 1: And o's Oh Joe, if I know where you're going, I'm gonna be there before you get there. Should me? Come on? You come on. That's that's why, that's why you don't pin your location. That's why you don't tell anybody. You don't want nobody to get to drop on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just, I just I'm just just a thought. I mean, just a thought as a player. I bet I bet you asked some of the young players right now. Hey, Tom Brady is having a conversation, and they think it's a competitive advantage him being in the booth. I guarantee you all the players right now, man, we don't care nothing about that.
Speaker 1: If that was an issue, why why why did the NFL not let him do it last year? If it wasn't an issue or they thought it was an issue, I don't listen, you know they you said it wasn't an issue. Why would know. I'm saying it.
Speaker 4: The powers that be that that the powers that be that like to control everything, everything that goes on, like player socks.
Speaker 1: What you wear.
Speaker 2: Of course they didn't want to do it.
Speaker 1: He doing it this year. Why well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because you know, you know how they are, You know how they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can always disagree.
Speaker 4: With They micro manage every little thing, every little thing. It's a competitive it.
Speaker 3: It ain't ship got to get there in line up.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 4: If Tom Brady and I Brady was actually playing in the game at quarterback for the Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Raiders, now we got a problem. Now we've got a problem.
Speaker 1: Belichick ain't play no games, but he showed it. Call a lot of great defenses, and similar knew where everything was gonna be.
Speaker 2: I mean, he had a lot of great players to do it.
Speaker 1: He had the play. It doesn't matter the players. You told it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. You told me, it doesn't matter. You see what they did against You see what they did against Seattle. They knew if they brought a certain defensive package in what would Seattle do break a certain offensive package in they brought a five to three in mm hmm. They said, well, Seattle's gonna throw the football. I just think, look, it's gonna be fifty to fifty. There's gonna be people that feel strongly like you do. There's gonna be people that is on my side feel strongly like I do. I'm surprised that they relented, because if that's true, what information can he get from a practice that he needs to help call in the game. You say, he watched tape all week, So what does Friday practice do for him? He watched it on tape, So why does he need Why does he need to be in production meetings? Yeah?
Speaker 2: We we and I mean to me, making too much of it, making too much of.
Speaker 1: It enough people, I think enough. I think enough people on both sides have strong opinions both ways. That's why if it was if it was like you see how close they came for the tuck rule, getting the tuck rule out, because you got people strong on both sides, it's fine.
Speaker 5: Nine.
Speaker 1: Now that's a competitive advantage, so forth and so on, because I remember, you couldn't push the guy, you couldn't aid the runner, you couldn't push him and help him gain yards. Now you can, But I just think the thing is is that Tom, it is definitely a situation where the NFL is gonna gonna gonna look back into it. All right, O Joe, we got a very very special guest joining us. This guy has done something that very few track and field men in the track and field game has ever done. He's he's one of the few men that has run sub forty four in the four hundred meters run, sub nineteen eight in the two hundred meters run, sub nine eight oh in the one hundred meters. He's a world champion in one hundred meters. He's an Olympic silver medalist in the one hundred meters, and I think he won either on the World relay team. Harry Is. Ladies and gentlemen, Fred curly, Fred, what's going on? Thank you're mute? Fred? Can you hear me? Yeah? We got what's going on?
Speaker 2: Chilling, chilling, chilling, can't complain.
Speaker 1: Let's start with this. You watched Seid today forty seven seventy eight two women. I mean, think about it. You had to go to get on. Basically, to get on, you got to run one of the ten or eleven fastest times ever for a woman, just to get on the podium. How impressive what you saw Seed do? Basically, she said, this year, I've done with the herd the I'm not doing the hurdles. I'm focusing on the four flat with and her sole purpose is to take that world record down many thought was untouchable. How impressive? How impressed are you with what she's doing for you? I think it's crazy.
Speaker 5: It's something that have not done and been done in thirty nine years and have somebody great at her to accomplish that is amazing.
Speaker 2: And I feel like she still can go faster. She's just still young and just to open.
Speaker 5: Four her baby's four hundred hurdles, but it's no telling what she can do in the open four. I feel like she can go even below what she did. I feel like she's still young at it. Her body's still young. I feel like she can do some still can do some amazing stuff in that open four hundred meters.
Speaker 1: You believe she can go sub forty seventy five.
Speaker 2: I feel like she can go faster than that.
Speaker 5: I feel like, yo, it's Sydney were talking about Yes, yo, So she got she got talent that I don't think no woman on this earth have got or no woman had discovered yet. I feel like she's she's amazing. So so every time she touches track, it always have been a world record. And her young days, so I feel like the sky's the limit and I feel like she still got she still got a lot more in the tank.
Speaker 2: I feel like that forty seven where she ran was a chill mode.
Speaker 1: Really m when you look at it, Fred, I think a part of it because they're talking now that maybe and Bobby, Bobby Kursey, he coached flow Joe Gail Devers Gail Divers are the two time Olympic hundred meter champ. We know what flowed Joeys. We don't need to say anything. Valerie Briscoe at the time she married Hooks and now she's Vattery brisco hook He was the first to do the double the four two in eighty four in La, last time the Olympics were in La. Guess what in twenty eight Olympics gonna be in La. Could you see Bobby Kursey going to the Olympic Committee and says, look, we want to do something unprecedented. I feel like that they could do unprecedented? Is the four to four?
Speaker 5: I feel like she always can't do anything, but hey, if the time frame presentable, I feel like any and no telling what the if the committee can do for any of us?
Speaker 1: Right right? You watched? I mean I don't know how much of the are you watching the World the World Championship. I watched you two university or twelve university. I get all the news when everything come on them channels. I'm not watched it live. How how surprised are you with the way Obliquesaville has run this year, ended up winning the World Championship one hundred meters. He caught Kashane. Kashane always gets a great start. I was surprised, how so how Easiville made it look. Noah got the bronze, But Noah didn't have a whole lot of races. Handicap what you saw and what you think happened. I don't think I saw. Was so much surprised about the race.
Speaker 5: He been showing it since I race him in Jamaica, Like it's all about peaking at the right moment. A lot of at leasts a lot of athletes have not raced in September. They in their cities and August each year, so every time you in your season early, you don't get that extra boots.
Speaker 2: And what I saw in the one hundred meters, I feel like he was always cable of doing it.
Speaker 5: He's just in up shorthanded, and this year he showed what it was. And for Noah, I feel like I don't think he was so much concentrated on one hundred this year. I think he was so much concentrated on the two hundred. He lost the two hundred last year, and I feel like he wanted his revenge the two hundred his baby. I feel like he want the two hundred more than a hundred. Yeah, I think so too, to be a four time.
Speaker 1: I mean he's already three peter, so now he wants the four something that no man on the track has ever done. Well you say, I think you said it is done for U two hundred he got dq'ed and I think he got de qedd and uh and that was just what that was just one hundred. Yeah, yeah, okay, let's let's talk about you. Yes, sir, you had a worry about violation that you was possibly contesting. I don't know if you're still going.
Speaker 5: To still I'm still contesting. I ain't getting no wrong, So my people are still fighting for all that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but they said, you're the first, if I'm not mistaken, track and field athlete to be a part of the enhanced games. Yes, and enhance me break a world record with the enhancing I mean, obviously you're on the protocol if you're trying to fight to say, well, you know what, I did nothing wrong, just was just to worry about. I mean, I'm sorry I didn't give you say. I was in Miami and I was supposed to be in La Or I was in the Bahamas and I was supposed to be over here.
Speaker 5: Why would you? Why would you take this there? Why would you do the enhanced game? Come test me? You know what I'm saying. Come test me. I'm not tripping. You can come to my house at any second, any minute, in any hour. Come test me. I'm not worried about, no mistesting on nothing. Come test me. I've been clean my whole entire career. You come test me. Only thing by signing up to this game, make money, protect my future. Equity is everything. Ownership is everything for me. And they did the exactly job I got ownership, and a lot of track athletes when they get done with this sport, they don't got nothing to go home to. I've been to two Olympic Games and ben World champions right, so it's for me. My understanding is I got family to see, right, I'm going home. You know what I'm saying. Guess what if I go call somebody asks us to tell me give you two hundred k, go get a job. I ain't never had no job, you know what I'm saying. The only thing I know is my feats run, you know what I'm saying. So nobody gonna tell me how to make money and protect my family, my blood line depending on me. I'm the first one make it out. And my whole job is continue to if I make a hundred million dollars, I'm gonna continue to make a hundred million dollars each and every year.
Speaker 2: So my whole job is protect my blood line.
Speaker 1: So explain to me. Tell me this free So tell me how to wearabouts? Do you okay, so you give them locations of where you're gonna be they call you, or do you put something in Right at the beginning of the year, it says, okay, this is why I have a residency here in Texas, I have a residency in Florida, and I have X, Y, and Z. So how do the whereabouts? How does this work?
Speaker 5: So whereabouts is basically we fill it out each quarter. They got to know all your location. They gotta know if I'm here where, They got to know everywhere. So this is basically every quarter you fill out where you're gonna be. But the problem with that, you never know where you're going to be. Okay, life is life. So it's just like you just gotta give them an hour. They come after hours, sometimes they come when they want to, simple as that. So basically for me, it just feel like I'm in prison. My dad been in jail, my dad and my dad being in prison, he's still on parole. He don't got to do half of the ship I'm doing to maintain a paycheck.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 4: Hey yeah, hey, Fred, that's basically that's the same thing with us in the off season. It don't matter where you are, They'll always have where you're at. Yes, man, I don't I don't like that.
Speaker 2: It don't matter. We a Fred.
Speaker 4: I remember one one off season, it might have been after that two thousand and five, two thousand and sixth season.
Speaker 3: It didn't matter where I was, Yo.
Speaker 5: But you know the problem with the problem with football in track, y'all still maintain yall contract.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, we don't no no oh.
Speaker 5: So in other words, you yo, once you get on defended, you get you get no money like U s a t of us spend my medical stuff. So what what what's somebody like me to like, I'm got gona get money regardless, you know what I'm saying. We don't get nothing like track track and feel not paying me sponsorship, pay me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So any of your endorsements, I don't got no endorsements. To what people talking about is make money at all costs and protect my kids.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: So I don't care what. I don't care what nobody say. They're not feeding none of them. They're not even feeding me.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this. You said you want a chance to push your limits, so you say they can come test you. Now you know if you take part of this thread, you're probably gonna get a lifetime band. Yo. Yo.
Speaker 2: Guess hey, guess what it's doing happening?
Speaker 5: Gonna do what you gotta do hey, just like they got people, I got people, and I'm blessed and I'm highly favored of the man above.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Do you do you think if you were to go go ahead and take this process, how do you think Fred Curley is gonna be remembered? Because, like I said, Fred, there's not a whole lot of men. I mean, you're an NCAA champ. You went to the four hundred. I'm still in two hunks.
Speaker 5: I'm still in the testing pul Okay, I'm still in in the regular governmental testing for Okay.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you a question. Do they do blood? They do blood and your.
Speaker 2: They do both. I got I just got a pissed test today. I'm not tripping. Yeah, you're gonna be good. You're gonna be good. You're gonna be good. You see the problem?
Speaker 5: I feel like the problem is they're scared to pay the athletes, you know what I'm saying, So they they can't control us when you're trying to make other form of income, you know what I'm saying. So if they can't control what you got in your pocket, how it telling that you got the coaches and stuff making more than the athletes.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: You got agent making more than the athletes. You got president making more than the athletes.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 5: They protecting the athletes. You got athletest that can't get sponsorship. You got athletes that working the job to maintain their livelihood.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So at the end of the day, it's protecting myself because they don't care about me. It don't matter how much money I make with endorsements that stuff in right, and without adorsement, we're not surviving, right, So let me.
Speaker 1: So, what's what's a what's routine paid for a Diamond league? They say, well, Fred, we want you to come contest the one hundred meters?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What does the Fred curly get?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What is the guy? Obviously you saying both with a special circumstances.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like every year been different.
Speaker 5: Everything been like I can't tell you on a day to day or it's whatever the meat got or whatever the meet I think is the main event of that championship.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I can't like every every meet is not the same. The only thing.
Speaker 1: It might be the one hundred, it might be the hurdles, it the two hundred, it might be the four hundred.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm an American, so American live different for Europeans. Okay, like we gotta lift. You know what I'm saying, Nobody coming to Nobody coming to my rescue and ask me if I got this or got that? Like nobody care like they people gonna live on their regular life. If I go, go dead broke right now. If if I go, oh no, I don't got it. So it's protect my future, protect my kids. You know what I'm saying. My legacy, my legacy. I did everything in this sport. I'm still doing everything in this sport.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this. You're stilling. You say you're still in You're still in the testing pool. So now you didn't go to the World, so are you still training? So what so what what is it now?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What do you do now? Because basically I don't know if there's anything after the World, and so the season basically over. Are you getting ready for next? You're gonna do the world? The world?
Speaker 5: So I'm I'm not I'm suspended right now, previews suspended, so they I'm still texting. Ok yeah, so I'm not basically banned as yet, but they suspended me for competition.
Speaker 1: Okay, So right.
Speaker 5: My lawyer's fighting fighting that, so right now, I forever retraining. So you just never stopped doing what you do just because of this. You never know, you always got to be prepared for what's coming.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, why did you I mean, you're great four hundred, You're great, you were a great You're gonna pay to be one of the greatest four hundred meters? What made what made you decide to go to the what made you decide to drop down to do the one hundred?
Speaker 2: See, like the.
Speaker 5: Twenty nineteen actually changed everything. My coach left me in twenty nineteen to go get a degree overseas. Twenty twenty, I was aut of coach twenty twenty one. I was allowed to coach until like a couple of and that's when I moved to Miami and start training with coach Joey. And I was still doing four hundred training. For the four hundred training, you gotta have somebody there just just to push you. The four hundred just started getting born. And then all of a sudden, I'm just like, let me just try this. My ankle got rolled and stuff, and then I was running on the hurt leg and that's when God bless me, I said, I don't know what's next. And then that's when the hundred just came. I ran a hundred at a meat I mean attract me in Florida, and that's when the repetitions started becoming easy.
Speaker 2: And that's when I dropped my first nine and I'm like, I'm going to the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm running the one hundred at the Olympics this year, right, And a lot of people questioned me around me, even my coach questioned me at the time. But at the end of the day, I'm always gonna believe in myself, my self ability. I won't get into something if I know I'm not gonna be good at it.
Speaker 1: Because it's rare. Now. We see people do the four drop down to the tube because of the strength training, so you're really good. We see people do the two drop down to the hundred. I think, what was the guy he went to LSU Zavier he won the four hundred hundreds and the man yeah, man, he won the four and the one and the sec at LSU and so he's having a problem. So I don't know if I've ever seen anybody do what you've done, But it's the times that's most impressive, to go slub forty four, to go sub nineteen eight, to go slub nine to eight. But for me, do you know anybody else that's ever done that? Yeah? I do, besides yourself.
Speaker 5: Now, I don't know nobody. But for me, it's just like it's all about people tell me I can't. I hate the world I can't. That will make me want to do it even more. Oh, you can't do this, you can't do that. Oh Like I heard that plenty of time when I'm younger. So that's why I'm gonna go do it. And every time somebody say I can't, I've been successful and hey, you know what I'm saying, So I can't complain about what God gave me in my heart to do.
Speaker 2: He pushed me to greater things.
Speaker 5: So when somebody said I can't, that's when I'm gonna do it, just like I wi mosso on o chosinko right now.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on, hold on, Hey, hey, you know why you ran forty four right?
Speaker 1: But you chasing it now?
Speaker 2: Asking who he trained with, yo, that was yo. He came to the track like one or two Tom.
Speaker 3: Who he flew flew by.
Speaker 1: You know what, after you.
Speaker 2: Started, he started training for boxing because I beat him.
Speaker 4: So bad, he flew by and he was like, I didn't know you was that fast to beat this old I was like, yeah, I'm like that.
Speaker 1: So if this, if this band is lifted, I don't think there's anything next year but the USA, and then there's the World in the twenty seven and then you got the Olympics in twenty eight.
Speaker 5: So what what is your immediate plans. I'm still running. I'm still running to get I got a salary. Okay yo, I got a salary, I got equity in the company. So I'm still running and still run freely. You know what I'm saying, You can't. People can't to dam be of my success. Like like I said, I ain't really missed no test. All the mistests I miss I would attract me mm hmm Okay, So I'm not caring about nothing what people say. But people got to go into the details and stuff. See, they not popping people on drugs. They popping people will whereabouts. Yeah, so they're not really doing their job. And guess what, I got drug tests the next day after the mistest. I'm not caring about no mistests. I know what's really going down, and.
Speaker 2: We explained to them too, just because I'm a mayor.
Speaker 1: Just because I go ahead, go ahead, sorry to cut you off.
Speaker 2: Just because like like I have, I had a rough year and I can't complain, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's just like just gotta do better. Is it a situation? They don't give your heads up, They just need you, so they call you, say an hour.
Speaker 2: It's no cause, Yeah, there's no cast, none of that.
Speaker 3: They gotta they gotta see at.
Speaker 2: Least it's none of that. It's none of that.
Speaker 5: That's not fair that it's none of that. So the problem of tracking feel like you're not making no money. That's how they make their money. That's why USC dropped them. Yeah the drug test, Yeah yeah, out of test, So they're not really doing their due diligence and stuff. With everything you I heard you keep saying American's Americans.
Speaker 1: Do you feel that this system is set up to catch Americans while other countries possibly because everybody don't test like that like the American.
Speaker 2: Right now, I feel like we live in a time where.
Speaker 5: That Peter of late the old g's and stuff back in the day, fucked it up for sorry for customs, but they messed it up for us.
Speaker 2: Okay, how so you are't know just the old g messed it up for us, Like.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I don't, I don't, I don't. I don't care about getting tested. You can test me every day, every minute of the hour. So it's just like OG messed it up for us.
Speaker 1: So in other words, is like those guys were like, well, I wasn't there and I'm sorry. And so that's why they put the whereabout claws in because when they wanted to test, guys said, well, I was over here, I was over there. So now they make y'all every quarter. So every three months, you guys gotta feel like, well, i'm gonna be in Miami, I'm gonna be in l A, I'm gonna be in Texas, I'm gonna be in Georgia.
Speaker 2: You know, well, give them every address.
Speaker 5: If I go out to eat, I gotta put that address in, Like right now, I gotta put this address every minute they can show up.
Speaker 1: Now they do it too much now, y'all.
Speaker 5: Yo, it's like we in prison, like you got every hour, every everywhere you go. You gotta do training block. You gotta give them an hour if you leave the house to go down the street. Hey, they gotta know everything. And that's what people don't realize. Like I don't ca yo, you can come and test me anytime, But like filling this stuff out every minute, every second is just like bro y'are doing too much that in vey.
Speaker 2: Of privacy and stuff too. When we go overseas, we gotta fill out every minute, every second everywhere. You know what I'm saying, everywhere you go.
Speaker 1: If I go to a.
Speaker 2: Funeral right now, they gotta know where I'm at at the funeral.
Speaker 5: People popping people popping up at restaurants to test us, people popping up at airport to test us.
Speaker 2: Damn. Yeah, It's basically like we in a plantation.
Speaker 5: Wow, and the outside world don't know what's actually going on because you got people that actually own the stuff but never getting caught because they're getting paid off. You got active cases right now in track and field that Usider and Water is not doing nothing about.
Speaker 2: Because they're getting paid off.
Speaker 1: Damn. That's a pretty strong accusation, Fred, there's no as the facts is the facts, simple as that, and they know it.
Speaker 5: They got cases going on right now. You can come and test me any day of the week, and I'm not tripping.
Speaker 2: I can show you my my my yo. We get every time we do drug tests. Stuff come to my phone.
Speaker 5: Negative negative, negative negative. I'm not tripping. Have you thought about transitioning to the football. You won't get it tested as much.
Speaker 2: No baseball, it's guaranteed money.
Speaker 1: Fred, you ain't played basketball in twenty years. You ain't f hit no people, I've been playing. Yo, I don't got the You don't yo. I can play. What's you gonna Fred? What position you're gonna play? Fred? Center field? You know they hit they hitting center field?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know my speed, I know how to catch.
Speaker 5: You can Hey, I know you hear somewhere in this town where I'm at. You can come check me out. Hold on, you can hit the ball. Yes, I can hit the ball.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not in Miami. I'm talking to Uncle Was say, let go to the bat caage this weekend. Are you gonna be here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know I was.
Speaker 3: I was a five too, like you know, they were.
Speaker 4: Trying to know you're good at everything. No, I promise, I promise. You know the mall that try to draft me in ninety seven out.
Speaker 5: Of highspital y'all, Florida, Ya, Florida guys, y'all gotta stop, not for real.
Speaker 3: That's like when I beat you when we was out that training.
Speaker 1: Like you, I know, I know one of the greatest runners in the American here.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: You ain't let this man come off the street and beat you.
Speaker 2: Fred Yo, you talk about to hey, he thinks he good at everything.
Speaker 1: You see what he thought?
Speaker 2: You were about to get a soccer ticket to look at him?
Speaker 1: You think you're good at every? Damn man.
Speaker 2: Be honest right here now. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't beat you when we ran two fifties.
Speaker 2: I ain't never done on two fifteen training in years. So what you talking about?
Speaker 1: What we were doing that day?
Speaker 2: How were we doing? I think what one fifty we were doing something?
Speaker 1: I ran it with you. I don't know what were doing. I blew bio mans. I know that.
Speaker 2: I just want to know what we're doing. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Hey, we came up this weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh hey, I got my camera ready, Well, bring your camera out. I've been training. I don't you've been training?
Speaker 1: Hey? You just I train every day? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you probably be like your glasses wip sided when I get done with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you can't keep that same energy. Matter of fact, I feel so good.
Speaker 1: I give you five meters. Huh.
Speaker 2: If you I'm doing, I give you ninety nine meters when we go one hundred meters?
Speaker 1: What what you're running on your You wanted to be a forty you want forty sixty one hundred, two hundred, four hundred. You know what.
Speaker 2: I don't want to handicap him.
Speaker 3: I want to give him a chance to actually try to catch up.
Speaker 2: So I'm we'll go. We'll go eighty meters.
Speaker 1: Eighty meters? How much?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first for the first the first sixty you've done. You ain't no chance. The first thing ain't be t oh.
Speaker 4: Hey that's my dog. Ca't b t o that's my dog. But listen, I'm a different horse. I'm a different thoroughbred. I mean the fact I beat you.
Speaker 3: You are a world class athlete, you're a world class sprinter, and I smoked you. And I'm just being honest in front of the people. The world needs to know.
Speaker 2: The world need to know that you're the biggest cap in the history of sports.
Speaker 3: I ain't even got no I got a cap right here.
Speaker 2: That's about it.
Speaker 1: Fred, We're gonna get you out of here. This one handicap, the two hundred fours you got, hey, you gotta uh. Noah the Jamaican ran really good today. He broke it down, but he looked really good. And then you got Obviotionally, you got Tobogo, you got Kenned be narried. How you see the podium?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 5: Hm the podium. I feel like Noah's gonna take it. Tobogo second and Jamaican third. Wow wow, because but I believe, but I believe somebody is injured.
Speaker 2: And three of them so I don't know. They three of them look injured.
Speaker 1: But you never know.
Speaker 3: So you could tell, you could tell the injured by just by watching.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm an athlete. I'm I'm like a track athlete, so you can tell. You can tell people uh forcing their runs and stuff too. So so those are four people gonna be on the podium regardless, but you never know, right, So you think, you think, and you think, no, it's gonna no, It's gonna take it because I feel like he got something to prove because of what happened last year.
Speaker 1: But you never know.
Speaker 2: Tobogo sneaky motive.
Speaker 1: Man nor came out with the short today. I don't think I've ever seen no running shorts.
Speaker 2: Now, no one would be running the shorts. But I feel like he got something to prove.
Speaker 5: So I feel like I feel like we're gonna see some some nasty stuff in Tokyo in a couple of hours.
Speaker 1: Wow. So you think you think he's still seething from losing that two hundred in the Olympics getting the bronze because he really wants to go. I mean the gold medal. I think the gold, but like you said, the two hundred of his baby, and he has yet to get the metal. He's stand on the top of the podium at the Olympics, and so he's like coming back, Look here, Tobo.
Speaker 2: He got he's got something to proof, like he got something to proof and definitely and the deuce.
Speaker 5: I feel like he got something to prove, and I feel like he gonna show the world with Noah's all we've been knowing. So I feel like he got something to proving it too. But Tobogo always sneaky. He probably he probably faking like he got injured and just show up.
Speaker 1: What what kind of time you think you're looking at?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 1: What is he going? If I mean the nineteen th he ran nineteen fifty one, which was the World League. I feel like they're going.
Speaker 2: I feel like they're gonna be between nineteen three and nineteen seven.
Speaker 1: Wo wow.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're gonna be something fast.
Speaker 1: Wow wow.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be something fast, and I won't be surprised nineteen two, But I feel like nineteen three to nineteen seven that is gonna be the winning times.
Speaker 1: You think they're in that kind of condition.
Speaker 5: I feel like, hey, that's his last race of the year. He did what he gotta do, and they did some of them, probably draw some of the races. I feel like history always be determined when championship come. The real dog come at championship and no approval over the years, they always show up, So he probably gonna show up.
Speaker 1: How do you like the women? Jerika Jackson looked good. She ran twenty twenty one, ninety nine, You got MJ. Melissa Jefferson would feel like gonna I feel like Melissa gonna win the two hundred. Hey hey she said some people.
Speaker 5: Up this year, Yeah, so did Like I can't like my one is like, that's her, you know what I'm saying. The other two Sarika probably be on the podium, and the third don't. I don't know about the third because it's all over the place. Because you know, we got some faces that fighting just to run some of them times in the semi final.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, Fred, thanks for joining us tonight. We wish you the best of luck and your appeal of the suspension. Whatever your endeavors are, we wish you the best of luck. Man, stay healthy and come back and join us soon. Yes, sir, appreciate it. Appreciate you, bros. Yeah, Fred Curly joins us tonight. He's a he's a very unique athlete, O Joe. As I said before, to run sub forty four, to run sub nineteen eight, to run some nine to eight, he's special. He's special. And to drop down from the four all the way down to the hundred, like I said, we've seen him drop down from forty two. We've seen guys go to go to two to one, but we've seen guys do four eight, but we've never seen I mean to do this and do it at this level. That's that's one thing with you. I mean doing it, it's one thing. Doing it at that level is something entirely different. So hopefully everything works out for him and he'll be back running soon. I didn't know all the things what he's seeing. You know about all the showing up and the testing and not making anything, not making any money, I didn't know anything about that. But I'm glad we were able to get this thing done