Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Wednesday, July tenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, where we're ready to compete for a starting jobs.
Speaker 2: Me and your man nam J. Mark is Grant, joined by Michael F.
Speaker 1: Floyo and Lakwan Jones and Happy Wednesday, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Uh, what's why? So week?
Speaker 1: Are we ready? It's not two a days, it's like two weeks. Are we ready for two weeks yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's about that time. It's almost redraft season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: It's about it's time to start. I like the slow ramp up, So we do this in July, and then August we get even more, and then September full cent and it's like full.
Speaker 3: Full We're birth out by week eight.
Speaker 1: So I don't know about you guys, Like I have always sort of separated this season into like thirds. We're like the first like six weeks or so, I'm like it's new and it's fun and we're excited and we're learning new things, yay. And then like you know, weeks like seven through twelve or thirteen, you're kind of like, all right, here we are, We're in the middle of it. We're just grinding, Like we're just you know whatever. It's like week thirteen, fourteen, it's like, oh my god, like make this be over please. It's just like because you're just you're running out of gas. It's not that you hate it, but you're just running out of gas and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and you see that the Fantasy playoffs are coming, and you're just you're just trying to swim to the other shore.
Speaker 3: More exactly what it is, like I gained so much, Like I gained so much weight week seven thirteen, if we want to break it down with that, because it's like I'm stressed and I'm watching football on the couch. I'm not really being active. I'm not disc golfing, I'm not doing the things I love to do on the weekend because I'm grinding.
Speaker 1: I'm just grinding because like I I will probably you know, I usually start I'll say this, I usually start the season right around a buck eighty five or so, and I'm fine until you hit Thanksgiving. It from Thanksgiving to New Year's Like, if I can get out of New Year's's like below two hundred pounds, and that's a win.
Speaker 3: That's a win.
Speaker 2: That is a win.
Speaker 4: On top of it all, that's the period of the point of the season where like the wacky stuff, like all of a sudden case Keenum is gonna throw for three point fifty or something like that in a random game, and we're supposed to.
Speaker 1: Know that, right, Yeah, that's exactly because you know, you're the teams are beat up. You got you know, second and third string running backs playing and going off out of nowhere. Uh, the waiver wires insane, these sleepers columns, like you're just you're basically just throwing You're just throwing healthy bodies into sleepers columns because you're like, yeah, this guy, I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 3: Make returns, Like, oh my god, is that Joe Flacco's music.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we don't see Joe flacka. It's wild.
Speaker 1: Just to you go there are a peak behind the curtain of how it works on the fantasy content creation side. Speaking of creating content on this show, the content we create, it's gonna be about ADP values. Uh, looking at the kind of breaking it down by rounds, the early rounds, middle rounds, later rounds. Some of the best values we think are out there right now, especially as we get ready to turn the page into redraft season. And now we'll update you on the Scott Fish Bowl as well.
Speaker 2: Got kicked off.
Speaker 1: The slow drafts got kicked off on Monday, and you know, check in and see where folks are in their respective drafts. Let's start with some news and rumors. First, the story coming from one of the Phoenix from Phoenix Cardinals I believe is the site from the Arizona Cardinals bloggers and beat Riders, James Connor will quote see the bulk share of the team's backfield workload Floria. I don't know that that's a main major surprise. I think we were all sort of anticipating that. But it does lead me to the question, is James Connor being underdrafted because you can wait a while, especially in best Ball drafts before you go grab him. Are we not giving him the credit he deserves?
Speaker 4: No, we are not. He's going in the eighth round and the late eighth round, which is insane because last year. Look, I know he's gonna miss some time at some point. He's never played seventeen games in his career. He's never played sixteen games in his career. So yeah, he's gonna miss a game or two or three or something like that. But he's coming off of a career year, and last year, the only running back with more with one hundred and fifty or more touches that had a higher percentage of runs go for at least ten yards, which shows like burst and explosiveness was Christian McCaffrey. James Connor was also top two in yards after contact per touch amongst that group of running backs, so he is a very good running back. I think on a per touch basis, he has an RB one or close to it when he is healthy and out there on the field. But because of the injury discount, you're getting him potentially as an RB two or even an RB three. And then I expect this Cardinals offense to be a whole lot better this year with Kyler healthy, the whole year training camp, all of that. You added Marvin Harrison junior, We already have the breakout now of Trey mcg All of those things should only make life.
Speaker 1: Easier on James Connor. I mean, I think I think an injury discount is one thing. This seems like something else, and I think I think what it is, Lakwan, is you know people are excited about Trey Benson and the rise of Trey Benson and what he can be. I will admit that in Best Ball drafts I have taken him a number of times. I've also taken Connor in a number of spots. What are your expectations though, for Trey Benson, Like realistically and like let's pivot toward you know, let's toward Best Ball, more toward redraft, you know, where you do have to sort.
Speaker 2: Of stake a claim. What are your expectations for him this year?
Speaker 3: I feel like you're still drafting him just based on knowing the information you have. With James Connor not completing a full season, I mean, he can end up being a league winner. Not saying James Connor is going to get beat up at the end of the season, but we've kind of seen him kind of burn out in the middle of the season where he's taking the bulk of the hits and then the injury happens. So you're overall taking Trey Benson just based on what he brings to the table. The dynamic player. He is so shifty in traffic. This guy has breakaway speed. This dude could break in the phone movie if he wanted to. He has dance and feet that just take it to the house. So you love the talent. I'm really surprised of this post draft hype, but where I'm starting to believe, like, like, umg, I'm taking him in drafts. I'm going to be taking him in redraft this summer, just based on the talent and the knowledge that you know, my expectations for him overall is to be a plug and play guy once his name is called.
Speaker 1: He is going to be a guy that I keep an eye on in in preseason and training camp to see what his role may be. Right, because if James Connor is getting the bulk of it, like what does that mean? Does that mean you know, seventy percent? Does that mean eighty five to ninety percent? Like what does the bulk mean? And how much is there going to be left over for trade Benson? Because in busball is one you can take the shot on him and it's not really that detrimental. In redraft, I want to know that he's got a standalone value and an actual workload outside of James Connor getting Hurtcuse I don't want to have to draft him and then have him sit on the bench, you know, because he's getting you know, five touches a game, and I'm waiting for James Connor to get hurt.
Speaker 2: That's my only question the town is there there no doubt I.
Speaker 4: Like Trey Benson. I don't want to sound like an anti Trey Benson guy. Their ADPs are entirely too close for my liking. Like Connor is RB twenty six in ADP right now, Benson is RB thirty one, going ahead of Tajy Spears, Blake Korum, Javonte Williams, Gus Edwards, Like, I don't know. Like that to me feels like we're pulling him up just a little too much. I wish he was going a little bit cheaper, because then I would just pair the two together.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you, I mean, so, do you think it's because we're undervaluing Connor or overvaluing Benson?
Speaker 2: Or is the answer both both?
Speaker 4: I think it's a little of both. Yeah, Like I love Trey Benson as a prospect, and I think year two on for him it's gonna be great. But I don't see why the Cardinals would come. Like, as long as James Connor's healthy, he is going to be their lead running back unless he completely bottoms out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't necessarily see that happening right now, you know, who knows anything can happen.
Speaker 2: I don't really anticipate that happening. Staying in the NFC West.
Speaker 1: The Rams reportedly quote see Kyron Williams as the starter again that exactly breaking news here. I don't think anybody's shocked by that considering what he did last season, But Lakwan as the resident Rams homer here on the show, do you expect Kyron Williams to get the same level of work as he did last year? I mean last year he made everybody else expendable. I mean they sent cam Akers away because they were fine with Kyon Williams. Does Sean McVay lean on him to that extent this year?
Speaker 3: I think so. I think we could be confident that he gets the same workload until he's not able to. I mean, you look at that running back coach, Ron Gold. They kind of have somewhat of a history where he was trying to recruit Kiren. So having that comfortability in that running back room with a running back coach that understands that you're the guy Sean McVay, he usually plays a little game where you know, back in the day he was like Cam Akers and Darrell Henderson. I look at them as both starting running backs. I don't think that's the temperature right now. I think there's a clear understanding and they're giving credit to what Kyen did last year and then limited about games that he had even though he missed time. So I think more so we can draft him comfortably, but just have a backup.
Speaker 2: Plan I have.
Speaker 1: I had kind of been avoiding Kyron early in draft season because it felt like the ADP was high, and especially after they drafted Blake Korum, because I just have this belief that Sean McVay doesn't necessarily want to have one true workhorse back, that he's going to rotate guys through there. And so that sort of gives me the question, Florio, does Blake Korum or will Blake Korum have some standalone value? Could we see him maybe not in a full blown committee, but at least get enough work that, you know, especially in deeper leagues, you would feel okay, maybe flexing him.
Speaker 4: It's definitely possible. I like taking him where he's going right now, like I like taking him. I view him just like Trey Benson similarly, and he goes a little bit cheaper in that the starter has a history of injuries, but I'm not sure if the starter miss his time, this guy is gonna become an RB one like Blake corm I think RB one upside if Kyroen any game that Kian Williams isn't active, but it's possible he could have enough standalone value. The issue is the Rams don't throw the to the running backs a ton, which is usually how an RB two inflates their value. And I still think Kien Williams is going to be the goal line running back. I mean, he was awesome at it. That's really what propped him up last year was all the touchdowns he was getting near the goal, and he led the NFL and goal line touches per game. So I think it's a little bit if he's getting that much of the goal line work and the lack of passes, it could make a little bit tough for Blake Colram to have standalone value. But he is one of my favorite handcuffs at least right now, and the only thing I wanted about the Sean McVay and his running backs, like Sean McVay only used one running back when he had Todd Gurley. Since then, he's had a lot of meh running backs, so maybe that's why he doesn't like to use a guy. But like he clearly fell in love with Kyen Williams last season, so I think Coorum is there as more of an insurance guy. I don't think Kyan's gonna see anywhere near the eighty percent of touches that he was getting in the second half of last season, but I still think he'll get the vast majority.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think that definitely gets the majority of though I'll say this, if you believe in draft capital as a thing, the Rams have more draft capital invested in Blake Korham than they do Inrek Williams.
Speaker 3: And I can honestly see Kyron's goal line duty getting pushed back because I think that's kind of what leads to him getting bruised up and stuff like that. So I think when you have a finally an RB two that knows how to find the end zone because he's been chasing his RB the one two punch for years now, I mean, what Henderson taking goal line doing Malcolm Brown taking goal line duty and targets away from cam akers, Like these are all things that are still like kind of tendencies that Sean McVay has when the running game needs to get established. So I think there could be some standalone value and touchdown upside for Korum. But I just think Kyron will still get the early down duties. He still will gets peppered in that red zone as well.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that's another that's another backfield I want to watch in the preseason. But we know that Sean McVay doesn't play any of his guys in the preseason. Good Man, We're going to learn absolutely not one surprise.
Speaker 4: The only thing draft capital matters until it doesn't, right, like Hira Williams doing what he did, throw it out, Kuka Nakua doing what he did, throw it out the window. Like these guys are now different than what they were when they were drafted.
Speaker 3: It's like anti draft capital when it comes to the Rams, because you look at they.
Speaker 1: Don't like first team that hates first round picks.
Speaker 2: So may we doing bleep them picks? Man? That was less snead for years.
Speaker 1: Legend uh over to Las Vegas where Raiders beat writer Victa Forrest said, quote, it wouldn't shock me if the Raiders added a running back.
Speaker 2: You know, I keep mentioning.
Speaker 1: This, right they you know, Josh Jacobs leaves, everybody's like it's Zamir White season. They bring in Alexander Madison, everybody's like it's a mere White season. But there's, you know, this thought that maybe they're not done, and maybe it's not somebody who's going to get a lot of work, but somebody who could get enough work. So, Floria, I will ask you, are we sure Zamir White is that dude?
Speaker 4: I'm sure that he will if he stays healthy, lead this team and carries. But that's about it. Like he is, he is not a good receiving back. I looked at specifically the four games that he started last season, he'd a fifty nine percent catch right, which is awful for running backs. I mean, you have some running backs sitting at ninety percent. And then he was in rec EPA. He was a negative over those four games, so he's not good there. He doesn't have breakaway speed, so he was purely volume dependent. Now you take that four game sample size, over seventeen games, he was on pace to run for almost seventeen hundred yards, which is why because of volume, I think he's a fair value as like a low end Darby two. I think best case scenarios, he could be what Josh Jacobs was before that breakout year, where like he stays healthy and volume leads him to a low end Darby one season. But in the range of outcomes for Zoom, your White is he is this year's Alexander Madison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not great, not good. When he's room, that's not.
Speaker 1: Great, not great. It's funny too, because Ian Hard. It's the great Ian Hard. It's put out a tweet just not too long ago this morning saying, you know, Zamir White plays any good offense, x expects to see a lot of receiving work acts, large sample of being good in the NFL and draft capital and jacked.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like that picture of him.
Speaker 1: He is massive the linebacker give him some reps, which I mean, are we still We're not still falling for this sort of thing, right?
Speaker 2: I mean we fell for it with aj Dillon and I.
Speaker 4: Mean I truly don't ever care. These are football players.
Speaker 2: This is part of your job, right.
Speaker 1: It's like lift weights and be strong and muscular, So I guess we're not falling for that one. Then last one here, Cordero Patterson quote will likely have a bigger role than being a specialist. That's according to one of the riders in Pittsburgh there, Lakwan, you have you have talked a lot this offseason about you know, kick returners, the new rules and how this is gonna affect fantasy and how this affect certain players. Obviously, we know Cordero Patterson has his he's got his spot locked down as one of the great return specialists in the history of the league. But we saw a couple of years ago in Atlanta that he could also be an effective running back. So should we worry whose touches are more in dangers that Najie Harris or Jalen Warren. Who's the guy that we're gonna be pulling our hair out over because Cordero Patterson is taking their touches.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I feel like those guys are better at that position. I mean they're saying that he's going to expand his role. I mean, is he taken on an executive position? Is he gonna be the water boy?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Is he going to be doing other things other than actually on the field. I mean, it's been a while since we've seen him as a receiver, so I'm not I'm quite sure if he's the most polished route runner now, but like at running back, like I don't see him being better than Jalen Warner or as explosive as how he could be utilizing this offense and Nagie Harris. He's kind of the bruiser and he's still somewhat good in between the tackles. So I don't see Cordero Patterson really hurting any of their production. Like as a receiver whatever, they kind of need to help. So I'd rather see him go that way than more so being a running back what he was doing in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, throw a wrinkle into this, Florio. The offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh is Arthur Smith, the same guy who created.
Speaker 2: That breakout for him in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but remember last season after they drafted Bijon Robinson, they were like, oh, Patterson's playing the joker role, Like we made up this new cool role for him. He had fewer carries than Desmond Ridder and fewer targets than Scott Miller, Like he was not a part of the Falcons offense at all last year. So I think this is just more of the same, Like they're gonna hype him up, he'll have a gadget role and those other two guys will get all the work.
Speaker 3: Running back coach now or something I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, good, then I'll keep on drafting Jalen Warren, who I have been all off season long. Most of these things, Most of the things I put in here cause I'm just validating my own process.
Speaker 4: No nause right, where are we all out on Naji.
Speaker 1: Or I have taken nause a couple of times in best Ball where like it is like he's following a couple of rounds and it's like, all right, he's still here, Like I'll take him, but I'm not actively targeting Naji Harris.
Speaker 3: Yeah in mocks, Like I'm not mad if I miss out on him, But there's times where I've settled with him, like I don't need an RB two or RB three. Sure you know, Like it's one of those situations.
Speaker 1: That part completely. We'll take a quick break, we'll come back. We will talk about some ADP values. Who are we digging on in the middle rounds of drafts? Maybe some running backs should keep an eye on that and more coming up on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, It's time now to drive your Draft, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry. We are diving into ADP values guys that we think are maybe being undervalued where they are, and now we're trying to get on our rosters as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Still doing best ball.
Speaker 1: The ADP for ree drafts are just kind of starting to form right now, so not really a very strong consensus in that regard. You know it, give another month for sure he will have some really strong ADP values there. So we're still doing the best ball kind of thing here. So broke it down best value rounds one through five, then round six through ten, then rounds eleven or later. So let's start at the top rounds one through five. Lakwan, who is your top value there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love getting Mark Andrews Man. I think he's going to remind a few people that he is still part of that Big Three conversation. I mean, the dude still remains in the same situation prior to last season. It's not like they went out and change a whole bunch of things. Where he still has that healthy target share. He's still Lamar's most reliable receiver. He's still able to show up in the big moments. He's a very athletic tight end that they've been trying to utilize in different ways, Like we've seen him being a goal line back in times like how does this dude be able to find the end zone at any case? I mean, he had six touchdowns last season, which was tied second with tight ends.
Speaker 4: Last year.
Speaker 3: The dude only played ten games, So we already know this dude is going to have the same situation where he's going to be the guy that's going to have a healthy target share. He may not have more of a target share than Zay Flowers, but he's still going to have that healthy target share of at least twenty plus. So you can't you can't feel like you're losing out on any of these tight ends like Trede McBride or the Travis kel Sason when you have Mark Andrews sitting there outside the top three rounds and I'm like, hey, if I need a tight end, he will be the guy that I would target with an ADP in the fifth round. Right now, every single day I'm going to smash that. Yeah, like people kind of forgot and Mark Andrews. Mark Andrews and Trede McBride are the reason that I have very little Samlporter or Travis kelcey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I.
Speaker 1: Can wait get those guys. Who do you like in the spot the.
Speaker 4: Flor Isaiah Pachecko. Look, you know, I hate the Chiefs, so it bends me to give them so much credit. But Isaiah Pachecko in the fourth round is a screaming value and I think come redraft time he might go a full round earlier, and I am fine paying that price. He averaged nineteen Fantasy points per game when he averaged over sixty percent when he played over sixty percent in the snaps. His target rate last year doubled from what it was his rookie year, and it only got higher as the season went on and he was heavily utilized down the stretch and in the playoffs. There's no Jerrick McKinnon. The only backup that could still work as of today is Clyde Edwards Hilaire. So he's gonna be playing with Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid offense, and what should be one of the best scoring offenses in the league, with more downfield threats than Pachecko has had since he's been on this team, which could help open up running lanes. I think this guy has league winning upside. The floor is very safe. The only concern I have is that early in the year the Chiefs tend to kind of ease their play, especially their running backs, and not give them the full workload. But I'm okay with that because if I make the Fantasy playoffs and this guy is getting his normal workload come then he could easily elevate me to a championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like I'm starting to come around on Isaiah pa Checko. I have also drafted Clyde.
Speaker 4: I mean for sixteen whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like literal, it's like round seventeen or eighteen. I'm not you know, I'm not spending a value draft pick. It's just like, hey man, he's there, Like we'll click on it. But I am starting to come around at pa Checko in that in that offense, for sure. My guy is a guy who's going maybe a pick after Isaiah pa Checko, and that's Travis Atn the guy who's the top four running back last year, who has seen his touches go up. Uh, you know, over the last couple of years, has seen last year saw his targets and his catches go up significantly.
Speaker 2: It's also getting work down near the goal line.
Speaker 1: And sort of like Pa Checko, I'm not worried about the guys behind him. They keep trying to tell us that Tank Bigsby is coming, but it's but if you listen to it, it's, you know, he's starting to figure it out. We're hoping, we're we're we're hoping things are working out for for uh, for for what's this Tank Bigsby. I little I literally just blanked out. I literally had a brain fart right there. It's not like they're saying, hey, Tank's Bigsby is here, We're gonna work him into the offense. It's we are we are really hopeful things work out for Tank Bigsby. So that to me says this is the Travis et In show. The Ernest Johnson is a nice piece last year. I don't think either one of those guys UH is ready to really encroach upon Etn's options and to be able to get him, you know, in the fourth round, maybe even the fifth round, depending on where how things slot.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: For a guy that does have the potential to be a strong RB one, if you will get him that late feels feels pretty good to me for sure. Round six through ten, l Q, who you got, h man.
Speaker 3: If you're looking to like punt on running backs in those early rounds, I think Rashadway is the perfect candidate to be your RB one. I mean, if we're looking at his situation, Bucky Irvin doesn't really scare me that much, being that we know he's a red zone thread. We know he can catch passes. But man, when you have Liam Korman as the offensive coordinator, he just left Kentucky and knows how to utilize his RB one aka Ray Davis shout out to the FLOORO, you got a good guy in the building. But he had fourteen rushing touchdowns seven reception receiving touchdowns. So therefore, Rashad Wright was already a top five running back. Now when you look at his quarterback running backs have a history of eating under Baker Mayfield. I mean since Baker Mayfield, it has been the start of his starting running back since twenty nineteen has not averaged less than fifteen Fantasy points per game. If you want to add cream Hunt to that, no less than thirteen Fantasy points per game.
Speaker 2: So the floor is.
Speaker 3: Very strong for Vershadway on an offense that just got a lot better on the old line. They went out and got the first round pick Garren Barton from Duke, and I really feels though this guy's a beast in the trend, just just bullying people off the line. So you get a little bit more efficiency through the tackles with Rashad Right, who already led the league in between the tackles and rushing yards. So I think it's gonna be a huge year for him to repeat as a top ten, top five running back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am as interested to see what his target share is going to because that went a long way toward helping him to where he was. Yeah, and look, I don't expect it have to be exactly the same. I don't know if he gets seventy again this year, but as long as it doesn't like fall off a cliff, I think he's in a really good spot there.
Speaker 4: He's a tough one for me to figure out. He value was as a receiving running back was probably the best in the NFL last year as a runner was one of the worst worst.
Speaker 2: Well because he was super inefficient. The offensive line was bad.
Speaker 1: It was not set up for him to be an efficient runner, and that was why he started getting those targets like, well, we still need to get you the ball. How about we just put you out in space and we'll throw it to you and we'll let you work there. And that helped Baker help Baker, help Rashad White help that offense greatly. Florido, your guy is a guy that I have been drafting a lot, at least when I can, because people seem to be on to him.
Speaker 2: But but I love the guy you have in this spot. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I considered a couple of other names, like James Connor, but we had already talked about him earlier, and Jayden Daniels was the other one. We talked about him a lot on previous shows. So Deontay Johnson still one of the very best separators in the NFL. He third highest un catchable target rate amongst wide receivers last year. Look, I say this all the time about guys in that posit, like he could have been Jerry Rice. It doesn't matter on those targets, he's getting open. He's doing his job. The quarterback didn't do his. But I expect Bryce Young to take the next step. With Dave Kanalis there who led to He was the QB coach for Ginal Smith breakout year two years ago. He was the OC for Baker's for Surgeon ear last year, and he has done wonders for wide receivers as well. Look at what happened to Mike Evans last year. I know Godwin didn't live up fantasy wise, but he still saw a bunch of volume. Oh you could say that about the Seattle guys the year prior to that as well. And then the Panthers have put all of their resource into the offense this year, so their defense is still going to be awful, which means they're going to be trailing a lot, which means they're gonna have to throw plenty. I mean volume alone made Adam Thiel in a wide receiver one for as stretch of last year. Deontay Johnson is both younger and better, and he goes as a wide receiver four like he's outside the top forty wide receivers. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it either.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think one people are still on the the Panthers are bad, Brice Young is bad. Yeah, and I think I think people will look at the but he doesn't score touchdowns and I'm like, all right, I mean, but he gets a ton of targets. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like my personal, Like my personal, I don't want to push his adp up too high because I still want to get them where we're talking about where he's at so I can win my leagues this year, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's like he's a target monster on a team that didn't have any last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that alone should be worthwhile.
Speaker 1: I love Spears and I agree maybe I like j Spears last year even with Derek Henry. Okay, obviously, you know, the opportunities maybe weren't as great as I thought they would be, but I did see something there, and when Henry left, I was hoping, uh that it was set up for Spears to really step into the number one role.
Speaker 2: But then they go get Tony Pollard.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, well, but now you have two of the same thing, like you have you have fruit loops and fruit hoops, Like, what are you doing? Fruit hoops are a little bit nicer on my draft budget, right, So I'm gonna but they taste exactly the same.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go tay J.
Speaker 1: Spears there because the ADP is slightly better in an offense that's completely remaking itself. I have sort of talked myself into, I don't say believing in the Titans offense, but being interested in them because of you know, the Pollard and Spears dynamic, because I think Will Levis is going to be interesting to watch, because I want to see how Calvin Ridley fits in alongside uh DeAndre Hopkins there. So like, there are things about this offense I'm interested in. And to be able to get a guy like Spears who has that past catching up side, who has that just that that shake ability, right that the fact that he's really nice with the ball in his hands, we really get that and say round ten feels really really great. I think he and totally Pollar are going to have similar production when it's all said and done, and I can wait around later and get Spears in that spot last one rounds eleven or later. So Lafon the name you put here, I You're not alone. I'm hearing more and more people say this name. I'm just curious your your logic for it here.
Speaker 3: I mean, like when we really look at Nick Chubb as the player, I mean like, if there's anybody that can have a bounce back season from this freak accident, it's a freak athlete. I mean, like, I'm pretty sure the rehab video of him working out and like him lifting a complete bus over.
Speaker 2: His head is on the way.
Speaker 3: So I feel like the Browns understand, like when he's ready to go, Like I'm even taking him in these teen rounds, like the twelfth round is crazy to me. When I'm looking at the choices down there. You have Ty Chandler, you have Ze, you have the zach Sharbon and he's like, ugh, it just feels yucky. But when you have Nick Chubb, and the Browns understand when he's ready to go, it's his backfield. There's no question. There's no more Jerome Ford, there's no Deonta Foreman, There's no other person going to be touching the ball other than Nick Chubb when he's ready to go. So I just believe in what he has shown us over the years of that he is a freak athlete, and I believe in this bounce back and if I can get him as my RB four, what are we doing here? Man, I'm gonna take that chance.
Speaker 2: I want to believe.
Speaker 1: I I wish nothing but the best for Nick Chubb, and I wish nothing for the best, nothing but the best for people who draft Nick Chubb.
Speaker 2: I just can't be one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, I did, yeah a freak.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, until you aren't right.
Speaker 1: And it's just like the the I think, just the the accumulation of injuries and the fact that we don't even know when he's gonna be back, Like I think that's the biggest thing for me, Like I don't know when he's getting back.
Speaker 3: We still need more reports.
Speaker 2: It's still really I like said I here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't mind being wrong on this one, right, Like, if I see this one out and he comes back and he balls, like, hey man, I will tip my hat and be like, this is amazing miracle. I'm scared. That's all I'm saying. I'm just I'm scared. I'm scared.
Speaker 4: Man, twenty eight second time having a knee, This knee hurt.
Speaker 2: And it was so bad. This is amazing.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't show it on TV? Like I'll bring up Todd Garley again. I love Talker, my favorite running back ever. He was a beast until that he didn't allow him to be a beast anymore. And that's my fear with Nick Chubb in bastball round eleven or twelve fine in redraft, that bench spot as you're waiting for him is gonna it's gonna hurt.
Speaker 1: I think if I, if you know, if I have an IR spot, maybe it's worth it. If I have the IR spot and I'm not holding it by our spot. Yes, that's not's a mission. Make sure you had an IR spot. It's just everybody will love you more. Okay, Florida, Yours is the guy that I I can be talked into coming around on.
Speaker 4: I did not plan on being on this guy. I look for years. I even before Austin Eckler was good and had a fantasy football show, I was like, this guy is amazing, Like he should be getting more work and we should be talking him up as a fantasy community. And there was the summer of the pandemic where I pretty much spent every day online arguing for Austin Eckler. And I feel like I'm ready to go out the way we came in because everyone wants Brian Robinson now or believes that he will be the better of the two running backs. He's going, yeah, I know that's your guy, LQ. He's going two full rounds earlier than Austin Eckler. And the thing. One thing about Eckler, and I've touched on this in the past, is he had that high ankle sprain in the week one went on, the IR came back and then he himself said he immediately sprained his other ankle. We've seen high ankle sprains ruin people's season before. Now imagine with another sprained ankle on top of that, and especially down the stretch for the Chargers, where there was no Mike Williams, there was no Keenan Allen, there was no Justin Herbert. It looked pretty ugly, and rightfully so, because defenses were harping in on him. But I put out a poll the other day who gets more goal one work between the two? Seventy three percent of people voted Brian Robinson. Last year alone, Austin Eckler had a higher rate of converting goal line touches into touchdowns, and for the last two seasons it's literally double what Brian Robinson has been. So the thinking is like, this bigger back is going to be the goal line back. But that's been the thinking all of Austin Eckler's career, and he continues to prove people wrong. So I understand that maybe at this point of his career he could be bottoming out. And if he costs a fifth round pick to get him, sure I'd be out on him. But it cost a late eleventh round pick to get a guy who was the RB one two years ago and scored over twenty touchdowns in two years in a row. So to me, I just feel like we're all kind of putting Austin Eckler out to pasture, and I think it might be a little premature.
Speaker 1: Well I think that's the thing for me, is that the ADPs have shamed changed so much. Like earlier, when you had to spend more to get UH, to get Austin Eckler, it was a different sort of situation. Now he's going after Brian Robinson, you know, like he is going a couple of rounds later. So now I'm like, oh, well, if that's the case, then yeah, I'm probably back in on Austin Ecklier because he's still going to catch the football.
Speaker 2: I mean, my thought was he's going he was, he's not gonna catch the.
Speaker 1: Football, maybe as much because you've got a quarterback who can run in Jayden Daniels. But he's still going to catch the football. They're still going to use him. They mean, they've brought him in for a reason, and if I can get him after Like I loved Robinson when he was going later, now that it's flipped, I think I'm I'm I'm with you. I'm back on the come on, let's go, let's let's get it out. Man against you?
Speaker 2: Just did see your.
Speaker 4: Tweet the other day, b rob borderline RB one that's spicy.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh wait wait is that what you're tweeted? Oh then maybe I am against you? Yeah, yes, borderline RB one.
Speaker 3: Worder line RB one.
Speaker 2: Hear it?
Speaker 3: Now I'm stamping it. But we will save this debate for another pod. We will say for another pot.
Speaker 2: I look, I welcome revisiting this at some point. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh my guy in this in this later rounds, it remains Jermaine Burton.
Speaker 2: It has been for a while.
Speaker 1: It's just it's believing in a quarterback that we know when healthy can support three wide receivers. You put him with a wide receiver who is supremely talented. Just on the field, Burton is has the ability to be a huge playmaker there. And yes, Jamar Chase is going to occupy a lot of targets, and yes T Higgins is going to get his targets, but we have seen that Joe Burrow can support three guys in this offense. I think Jermaine Burton has the potential to really be a playmaker here. And the fact that you're getting him, you know, in the double digit rounds, you're not expecting him to have to be a guy you're starting every week. He could be a flex option, he could be for you, available for you in deeper leagues. It has the ability to break out and really maybe outplay his ADP in this offense. I love him. I just love him in this spot. I mean I've I've been all over him in Best Ball Draft and I think I'll probably take a swing in some some redraft leagues too if I get the opportunity.
Speaker 4: I'm right there with you on this one.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Two years ago, Joe Burrow had all three of his guys top forty wide receivers. Jermaine Burton's barely going as a top seventy guy, and he's the kind of downfield player where even unlimited volume he could still produce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm it's totally worth taking a shot on him at that point for sure for me. All Right, that was Drive Your Draft, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camray. Whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash Camray. Gonna dive into some Scott Fish Bowl updates that's coming up after the break on the NFL Fantasy Football podcast. Slow Drafts ongoing for the Scott Fish Bowl. Now, lak on, wait you are you're doing the live draft right, So you haven't drafted anything yet?
Speaker 3: Right, No, I'm just enjoying the fun watching everybody else's teams and kind of taking notes and things to do and things not to do because there's some spicy draft boards out there. Man, it's getting crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, now, Floria, how far along are you in your draft?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: We have really slowed down. I've made three picks.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so we've made the same number of picks.
Speaker 1: Oh, my my draft is just my draft has just gotten into the fourth round. In fact, uh, the four dot three is on the clock right now.
Speaker 4: My draft just made the four dot three pick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're about we're about the same spots.
Speaker 2: So now what what are your first three picks? Uh?
Speaker 4: So from the eleventh spot, I started Tyreek Hill, and then in the second round, I strongly debated just punting quarterback and going with Jamar Chase, but I opted to go with Jade and Daniels, And in retrospect, I was happy I did because after the third round reversal, I got aj Brown in round three, So I got two top six or seven wide receivers and I have Jayden Daniels as my quarterback.
Speaker 1: All right, So I you know, I have gone sort of against what I thought I was gonna do, and I feel like that's okay. In a draft like this, you can sort of get weird and get wild a little bit. I started my first round pick was CJ. Stroud, and then it came back around at the two dot five, and I thought maybe I was gonna go with a wide receiver, but I just saw the way quarterbacks were flying off the board and got nervous. So I wrot with Kyler Murray as my second pick. So I've got I've got Cjan and Kyler Murray. Then after the third round reversal, again I got a little nervous. Would admit I got a little nervous. Sometimes it happens to even those of us who study this sort of thing, knowing that there's a tight end premium and seeing the tight ends flying off the board third round reversal.
Speaker 2: At the three five, I took Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 3: Ooh, be back in on the Pits train.
Speaker 1: I never left. I never got off my I never got I might have gone to the I might have gone to the dining car and had something to eat, but I never got off the train.
Speaker 2: Well thought I did.
Speaker 1: I thought about why, and it's funny because I saw the tight end starting to go, and I'm like, I really want to make sure I get myself a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, maybe Mark Andrews.
Speaker 1: Mark Andrews went like two picks before me, so I'm like, Okay, now I got to figure out what I want to do. I'm like, it felt way too early to go for George Kittle. I was worried though, that if I didn't get one, that somehow Pitts and Kittle would both be gone by the time it got back to me.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, all right, I'll reach a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'll take Pitts, I'll get that tight end premium on a guy I think is gonna have a really good year.
Speaker 2: So, and the way.
Speaker 1: It's shaping up there, look like there should still be some good wide receivers.
Speaker 2: I'll go wide receiver next.
Speaker 1: Potentially there's some good wide receivers still out there that I can get in my next pick and maybe take a running back somewhere along the way too.
Speaker 3: That's kind of been the trend. There's, yeah, in like a lot of people saying there's going to be some good wide receivers, you know, after you go out and get the quarterback and tight end, just to play into the premium. So I think that's kind of my strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are there have been more running backs taken than I would have anticipated so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the first down and per tempt bonus and stuff like. I think my strategy there is to get guys like Derrick Henry. You know that's gonna be in those situations to get the first down to convert, like a lot of the third down conversion percentages, Like, I think that's where people need to look at they want to get the edge. I still haven't drafted yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that's that's probably fair. I mean, so some of the looking at some of the wide receivers still available in my draft at this point, Chris Olave, Devontae Adams, Drake London, Michael Pittman Man, that's a good step on Diggs, DJ Moore, Jaylen Wattle, Nick Collins, Thore are some of the wide receivers. Some of the running backs still out there, Josh Jacobs, Rashad White, we just talked about Asaapa check O, James Cook, Kenneth Walker, Joe Mixon.
Speaker 2: Those are all some of the running backs available.
Speaker 4: And there I'm looking at it right now. There are three teams between me. Look, who knows in this league people could double dip on tight ends. But there's three teams between me that are between me and my current pick right now that don't have a tight end. But Kyle Pitts is still on the board, so I'm hoping to join her in that in that party and get him.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: I hoping that live draft I'll be able to get pits as well.
Speaker 2: Wait forget, I forget. You're you're in. You're back in now on Kyle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm back in. I bought my ticket, you know, I see you guys on the train.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up? I'm the man right now? Yeah, man, that that's flame.
Speaker 1: Mignon has been fantastic anyway. As there it is the Scott fish Bowl underway for everybody who's participating, best of luck. I always feel like this is the best part of the Scott fish Bowl is the draft and kind of see how things go because we all know that once the season starts, the waiver wire is it is it's useless. I mean it is bearing. Uh it's like you know, tattooing in the summer. There's just nothing out there.
Speaker 2: So so this is the fun part seeing what the team is put together.
Speaker 1: And also the next fun part is going back in week one and looking at your roster and being like.
Speaker 2: What the hell was I doing? You know, they are always good, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like you do this in July and you're like this looks great, and then you look at it in early September You're like, this is trash man?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with me? Who hyped me up?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Right, who did this? Who did this?
Speaker 4: So I like to take a positive and be like, I got this guy who's going five rounds earlier now. But yeah, some of those picks, I'll be like, Oh, let's pretend I didn't make them.
Speaker 1: Let's not let's not talk about this at all, a little bit of housekeeping.
Speaker 2: We will have the cheat sheet for you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We were all in the process of watching R R R, which I know you guys were texting me yesterday like it is, it's it's bonkers movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a.
Speaker 2: Review for you. I mean, Florio, this is your floor.
Speaker 3: But I got some question.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, we will, we will. We will discuss this tomorrow. I still got to finish it.
Speaker 4: I got like an hour and a half or so left.
Speaker 3: I'm like halfway on the back.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'll say the first time I watched it, I I like, I binge watched it, Like I couldn't watch it all in once to sit here. I watched it in like two or three sittings. I had to break it up. But yeah, we'll talk about that. We'll have some other foolishness and we'll leven answer some of your questions in the chat, so be sure to be there on Thursday for the NFL Fantasy cheat Sheet. We are thrilled that so many of you have decided to jump in and participate with us. We can't tell you how much that we appreciate all that. In the meantime, I'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. They happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well, and we'll talk to you on Thursday.