Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploring down the sidelines. This he is hanging with the voice presented by Wingstuck where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday. It's like post hump day of the week.
Speaker 3: Who's it's a live look at the Tostitos Championship Plaza outside in front of the where the temperature right now is currently sixty three degrees high of sixty seven, low of fifty three. It was a little misty out there this morning that we've moved from the tip of the tree. See the decorations being put all out there again.
Speaker 4: Christmas?
Speaker 2: And when is it tomorrow? Tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's really tomorrow.
Speaker 5: About Christmas the Spectactics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the earlier this.
Speaker 5: Year Christmas Extravaganz.
Speaker 2: It's on that sign right there.
Speaker 6: So this is kind of like the thirty days before Christmas my true love came to me, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wow, it's more like forty five yeah.
Speaker 5: Forty five days of Christmas. Wow.
Speaker 3: The Dallas Cowboys get ready to take on the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 2: This, oh, this, oh, I missed everything.
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 2: You did throw me off. That is Kurt, he is Nate. I am Zaddy Holly in the bactist Chris b.
Speaker 3: We do not have shed it today. He got another while here up his button took up somewhere. But together we make hanging with the ball, the sports on the brow.
Speaker 6: People feel these cowboys when they run over folks.
Speaker 2: He speaks each and every day.
Speaker 3: Our segment, our show is brought to you by Wingstop where Flavor gets.
Speaker 6: His whiz cooks gonna catch for one hundred and ninety five hundred thousand yards a week.
Speaker 3: Cowboys get ready to take on the Carolina Panthers. They're practicing them. Keep our fingers crossed. Now it's Thursday, Thursday. They're practicing. They're running around outside. We know on Thursdays things actually.
Speaker 2: Oh well for the cowboys actually practice. Yet keep our let's keep our fingers crossed that everything goes well.
Speaker 3: Today at practice. Take on the carount of Panthers. This Sunday, twelve noon. I like noon games. Don't know about you, guys. I love me a good new game I love I love the man game.
Speaker 2: Man, get home early, get it in, get it out.
Speaker 6: We say you something it's not. And uh, I didn't too much like them when we first ain't to the Cowboys because they hey, noon games. You know, you know winners. You know the previous years you haven't proven to be a winner, so they're not gonna They're gonna put you on the twelve.
Speaker 5: That was the punishment.
Speaker 6: You know, you had to earn the right to be on Monday night, the new Thursday night thing. Now you know everybody gets to be on it regarded because other owners mad because only four teams is getting over.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. But I'm telling you something, man, I love them new I'm with you. Just oh man. You know you.
Speaker 6: Get through at three, you be home by five, you be in the local whatever, thirty I've in the local house.
Speaker 5: In local whatever, the local speakeasy.
Speaker 4: Baby, I'm looking at your nineteen eighty nine schedule. You had eleven games at noon.
Speaker 5: That I'll tell you how sorry we were.
Speaker 2: Eleven games were.
Speaker 5: Sorry sorry, and they have how many games?
Speaker 6: Sixteen us in Detroit used to be battling for the twelve o'clock prime time game of the sorry week the Cowboys first Detroit.
Speaker 5: Twelve of them were we were bad man, the only thing we had going for us Thanksgiving game. They thro that at twelve too.
Speaker 2: If they could, they probably would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk a little bit about Okay, the Panthers offense, Yes, sir, the Cowboys defense. What side of the ball do you guys want to start on?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Is there anything talk about the Panthers offense?
Speaker 5: Yes, it is.
Speaker 6: They got some players, I asked Jess too. I'm just gonna conversate with Jesse here for a minute. Kurt and and just I want I want you to give me an A B, a C grade on the player as I asked you offensively, you know, starting with Chubble Shoeba, Shoba Hubbard.
Speaker 5: Give me your grade on it. Oklahoma, Oklahoma state kid.
Speaker 3: You know they saw they sawn Miles Sanders in the offseason, a nice little deal, and he was supposed to be the guy. But Tuber has been kind of the workhorse for them lately. I mean I'll give him a CE. Okay, Now, he's a he's a tough runner. Like he's a tough, hard nose runner. You're gonna have to bring you know you're gonna have to bring the force to bring him down.
Speaker 6: Narles Sanders, since you brought him up, what's your grade on him? I mean he's a free agent, but three years, four years, twenty five mil. Yeah, and what's your grade on how you feel it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'll give him a C minus because you were you were brought in to be the guy. Yeah, you brought in for Philadelphia to be the guy and you haven't. You haven't done that for this football team. And we'll get more into that when you talk about Bryce Young because you know he's young, he's a rookie. I personally don't think they surrounded Bryce with enough and you can see you can see the effects of it in the way that he plays him.
Speaker 2: His game is her. We won't get more into that, but.
Speaker 6: What about give me, give me, give me your take on Adam Thieling. He's got sixty eight catches, well over a five hundred yards, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Adam's a first down machine, but he's long in the tooth, really good route runner, really good route runner.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, is he the one guy that worries you?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say worry, right, because he can run routes he can get open. But there's nothing explosive about Adam Thieling. He kind of gives you the He kind of gives you the slow. He beats you with the slow man type situation. Like sometimes as an athlete, you're ready to you're ready to jump the gun for a fast athlete and betwixty and all that, and he just kind of he Jason whittes you a little bit. He just slow man's you to death and you think you got him, and then no, real.
Speaker 5: Stop got it. He's like like that man, he's.
Speaker 2: Open, he's slow managed you to death.
Speaker 6: So I mean, okay, DJ Chalk, who's supposed to be that guy?
Speaker 5: Now he's to be that guy?
Speaker 2: He ain't.
Speaker 5: You and church the same church, like he ain't.
Speaker 6: He ain't in church like man, he said one game he'll flash and in like four games he'll be like like you just said, he ain't.
Speaker 5: But now let me say this, let me ask you one more two more?
Speaker 6: Uh. Offensive line as a whole, I don't do individual office line.
Speaker 5: Office line as a.
Speaker 2: Whole, severe like severely disappointing.
Speaker 3: They got a top ten picking there. They got some veteran guys in there. The center is really suspect. I mean they don't this office as a whole. Nothing nothing is above a seat, nothing nothing.
Speaker 4: Twenty six.
Speaker 6: Man, let me give you my take on the quarterback, and then you give me your take. I feel so bad for this kid who when you are a top flight player in college, who was surrounded by a lot of talent. He had more talent surrounded by him in college than he does now in the pros. And for you not to understand who he is. And I think they tried offensive line wise to help him. But like you said, they're they're not. They're just disappointed. But this kid, when I when I see him drop back and relax, he's he's nice. But man, I've seen him take some hits sug Jesse. I've seen him heard up and speed it up. And this kid just I just wish he had North Turner. I really I wish this kid had our old offensive coordinator, North Turner, and North would look at this offensive line and it may not get much better, but it would be functional. And and I think coach Wright is his name, Frank, right, Yeah, Coach Wright.
Speaker 5: It's trying, but it is not clicking. This team looked one minute they can like four plays.
Speaker 6: They remind me of DJ Chauk four plays they.
Speaker 5: Like, wow, wow wow, They're like.
Speaker 6: For twenty plays they this kid is getting just bhammered.
Speaker 2: And and to your point, and Kurt, you put it.
Speaker 3: You put a great stat into from one of our listeners, Michael Moore talking about with Carolina head coach now taking the head coach and duties back, Frank Wright had now taken back the play calling duties for the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 2: And I agree with you, Nate.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things where they do Bryce Young a disservice.
Speaker 2: One. They don't have a.
Speaker 3: Good enough running game for me, and and and I know they try to, you know, bring in Hayton Hurst and but for a for a rookie quarterback who is small in stature, And to your point, and one of the things I was thinking about when I was watching the film, I was like, boy, his calling card at Alabama was his mobility, his elusiveness, and then he had really good timing and slash accuracy. But that's easy when you're at Alabama. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's easy when you're at Alabama and no one has the ability to hurry you, to rush you to truly put pressure on you, you know, until you play the Georgias of the world. But there's only one Georgia right right, So for the most part, you've kind of had your way with how you wanted to operate in the pocket and how you wanted to operate and do things.
Speaker 2: And it's now in the league, when you take all of that comfort of being surrounded by the best of the best, you see this kid, he looks, he looks hurried. There are moments in time where he looks like he's in control and they'll run the football and they'll kind of get some brethren with it.
Speaker 3: Then all of a sudden they'll just let him pass the ball for seven or eight times, and then it looks crazy again. Yes, there is there is a lack from the coaching staff, in my opinion, there is a lack of consistency and protecting this kid while he's learning the game. It's it's we've fallen so far into the mix of these quarterbacks have to go and be ready right now, and because we are in a passing league, and because we always trying to keep up the score and try to do things you're now the tone is being set for this kid to do something that he has not developed enough to do, and then the players that you have around him aren't explosive of enough to do it, and the offensive line aren't able to protect him at a rate that you want to throw the football. So it just leaves his kid in a pretty a pretty pretty bad hole because.
Speaker 4: He's seen as a running quarterback because I thought he was coming out, But looking at his stats, he has the same number of yards.
Speaker 2: He's one hundred and thirty one rushing yards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same as so it's I was surprised that he wasn't running more.
Speaker 6: I guess the thing that I wish that uh, And I don't know if Jesse said that, if somebody said that, how stubborn coaches, it ain't about stubborn.
Speaker 5: Now you're stupid.
Speaker 6: You know I'm serious when you cannot The only film you have as a coach on this kid is the SEC films. That was some way they play the better teams in the SEC. What made him successful against people of his talent are better what made him successful And for you not to go to that at all costs, I would not wreck my young number one pick quarterback.
Speaker 5: I would wreck my offense.
Speaker 6: And lying, hey, y'all either gonna run block better, y'all ways just get beat up along with what these two.
Speaker 5: Or three or four running backs.
Speaker 6: I have me four running backs, two monstrous tight ends, and we and we're gonna protect this kid until we can get.
Speaker 5: Somebody out outside to help it.
Speaker 6: That's the only way you do it, because not to do it like that is what the Cowboys is going to do to these guys as soon as they get down.
Speaker 4: So it sounds like, you know, we hear so much debate about young and J. Stroude Texans quarterback. It sounds like Stroud just got more talent around him. That's really the big big difference there.
Speaker 3: I think his coaching is better. I think what Dmico Ryans decided to do with c. J. Stroud is is kind of bring him along and allow the defense to kind of, you know, hold the fort down and then protect him. And then as the season begin to grow, you saw c. J. Stroud grow and because you what you do. I don't want to throw the entire playbook at him. I want to give him some of the playbook. And when I felt like he's on that portion of the playbook, okay, well a little bit more into him, because there's like right now, when you when you pick number one and number two in the draft, the expectations. The reason why the expectations are so low because you were, like they said they had twelve noon games. You know why, because they were a bad football team. There wasn't much expectations put on that team. And the Panthers in the Texas there were there's not much expectation put on them.
Speaker 2: But now you start to see c J.
Speaker 3: Stroud exceed expectations and now growing a buzz and it's playing a good brand of football. But this kid, it's about to get ugly for him. I'm gonna be honest. I'm gonna be honest. They can't they can't keep up the score with the Cowboys. And if you get down too much, you then automatically put this kid in a one dimensional type situation. And now they don't have they don't have the line, they don't have the athletes that are going to be able to keep up with the Cowboys are going to be able to throw at them.
Speaker 6: Fifteen tds, two interceptions, only been sacked nineteen times for the other I'm talking about c J. Stroud, the other kid man has been act ten more times twenty so you know, just add two pressures onto each one of these sacks. You know, they pressure them at least two more times per sack. And in this case, I don't understand, and Jesse, I want.
Speaker 5: To know how to handle this, or Curt, I want to know how to handle this.
Speaker 6: But I was if I was a head coach, I would just tell my owner, I said, it's two ways.
Speaker 5: Sure we can handle this, you know, And I would go to.
Speaker 6: My my guy general manager and say, look at him, and head of scout Will McLay will, let's go ahead with a game with a together game plan. We either draft and build a team from the inside out offensively and defensively, and we'll find a quarterback where we find you.
Speaker 5: Or if we get this.
Speaker 6: Quarterback and we franchise and make this our number one pick, I'm talking getting the number one or number two pick. We got to go into free agency and get every offensive lineman that's available.
Speaker 5: We have to do this.
Speaker 6: Because to do it any other way, it's a disaster for the franchise. Now, if they ruined this kid, if he get hit enough and get beat up enough, he's not going to recover.
Speaker 5: And you know, people say, well, he's young.
Speaker 6: Eighty sacks, don't let you recover one hundred and fifty hits, don't let you recover.
Speaker 5: So just a much like the kid in Chicago, is he getting better? He's not getting it.
Speaker 4: Seemed like last year was starting to make strides with this year it's.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes until your point and they, I mean.
Speaker 3: They tried. You look at the right the right tackle. Mo second round pick. They brought in uh Colbert, he's he was, he was, he was brought in from the Rams. Bozman was brought in from Baltimore to center a Villa Chandler z a Villa. He was a fourth round pick, and then Uhuana was a first round pick. Tried but this run And that's the thing. They they've failed you for the most part of protecting him. But you have to just say, you know what, if we're going to be bad, I'm gonna run this ball so much because I want to protect that asset. And as he begins to grow, because you get a cat hit eighty times, you start getting you start getting one of the carboys, you know, you get shell shocked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: This is a little dude. This ain't br Bryce young, ain't no bit. He's a five nine, five ten dude. He's a little dude, and you're talking about getting consistently over and over and over again. You you break him physically and you break him mentally because guys start now, they start having the yips and start thinking about, man, that next hit really right put me down, It might put me out. So this football team right now as a unit is overall bad and the Cowboys should do what we saw them do a week ago. We'll talk more about this game on the other side of this break. We'll go into Cowboys defensively. Michael Parsons was a little bit upset at what the way things happened last week. Is this a get back game for him? Will this Carolina offense try to throw the kitchen sick at the Cowboys? What should they be prepared for paying against a team that has nothing to lose in everything the game. With Frank right back at calling the place this is hanging with, the Boys will be right back on the other side of his break, stay here with us.
Speaker 8: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Late Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touch as you cheer on the Cowboys your Caro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 2: Grab some today.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: See gig has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan or We'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or our first one through the Gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to Whether you're right here of your week fan or haven't been here in years?
Speaker 6: Fan?
Speaker 7: See geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek? After they see Geek, you're taking the great Dallas Cowboys seats?
Speaker 10: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 5: Fack Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys on this Thursday episode as we continue to break down Cowboys versus Panthers, another one of the get right games of the week.
Speaker 2: Ay Rare, I still.
Speaker 3: Scratched my head to see back to back games like this in the season. And of course you never know who's gonna come out to be what we thought the Giants were going to be at least I did. I thought the Giants were going to be a better football team than what they were this year. And you know, we knew that the Panthers weren't going to be good. But when you go back to back and you go boy preseason game number four and now you're walking into preseason game number five. The Cowboys took care of business last week, putting up forty nine points. They owe you fifty one points still, Nate, Yes, they do. You wanted your hundred and you see them. You saw the areas where they got right. The running games seemed like it got going. The passing game, Brandon Cooks, it got going. The defense continued on. It's kind of tear you. Three sacks, five sacks, yeah, from the Cowboys defense, zero offense. The one person who who wasn't in the mix on the stat sheet at all was Michael Parsons. And there's been church beings happening, whether it's in the building or social media about maybe there's some frustration building there with Michael Parsons and some of these games. You know, honestly, when you when you when you're blowing teams out, I mean, this is how many times have you seen in a season where almost college like where guys are sitting out in the fourth quarter. This is like two or three times this year the Cowboys have had had fourth quarters where their starters have been relegated to ball caps and sunflower seats. That's that's really unheard of in a season to happen maybe once, but we're talking about two or three times this has happened for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And so is that is that a good thing? Does that help you prepare you for the eagles of the world when you're just blowing guys out and rushing in the fourth.
Speaker 6: You know, see, back in the day, we didn't have as many players. The practice squads or the practices wasn't so when you played and you did all the practicing all week, you didn't you didn't You weren't coming out of the game, you know, and the money wasn't as hard, so you was always on the stage trying to prove yourself. We weren't coming out the game. So that was just the old school. Now the new school. I'm quite sure if teams, if teams had the luxury of how we've had it, This has been a luxury, like you say, two or three times.
Speaker 3: And Honestly, I don't know, Kurt, if it's a if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, I think it's a good thing because you're putting away team that you're supposed to put away, right You're not having to go down to the wire or play guys an extending amount of time because this team shouldn't be on the same field with you. I will say in this particular instance, it may be a good thing because the Cowboys had guys that were able to rest in the fourth quarter, the entire fourth quarter last week. We're hoping that this week you have another group of guys that arrest for the entire fourth quarter. Because you're now facing that gauntlet of in your schedule where you're playing Thursday, you're playing Sunday, Thursday, Thursday. So if you're if you can find some way to get guys some rest, because those days and those nights are coming pretty quick in the next couple of weeks. And it has always been that way for the Cowboys. So the overall arching cour I don't know. I don't know, you blow guys out, cool, but I don't know. But in this instance, I think it's a good thing because the legs of you know, I know it's just it's fifteen minutes of actual time, but it's really like that's that could be another twenty to twenty five plays, if not more, that a defensive defensive player or offensive player has to play. And if those guys aren't doing it, that's that's less beating and bruising and wear and tear on the body that you can hope that will save their legs a little more going forward. But I don't know, I don't know. That's always gonna be the question I think we ask from now on, is we do.
Speaker 5: I think it helps youse me. I think it helps my right tackle, and I think it helps Tony Polar guys boost Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think it helps them greatly help because anytime you're a big guy that you don't have to be out there on that turf pounding your feet into them, ground to the ground.
Speaker 5: I think that helps.
Speaker 6: And I just want to see, uh, if Tony cannot play as much, you know, people like give him more. You know a lot of people give give him more, No, give him less, but give him the right things outside zone, Like we talked about the uh, the screenplays which we don't run uh this the path, you know, the swing, swing the ball out of the backfield, get him in the open space. And because I think Tony still got it, I think now that we'll find some type of success.
Speaker 5: And this is what bothers you.
Speaker 6: The most is you know, we're excited. We see that the offensive line is starting to get some continuity. Things are moving, but I'm hoping they moving in the right direction to face the big challenges.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 6: It does us no good to pound these teams that we're supposed to be and find continuity only when the struggle comes against Seattle, because I'm not giving Washington no love until they show me, you know, so to not have the struggle and what I mean by that not handle the struggle. Okay, are we gonna run the ball them same thirty times? And yes, we may come out three point nine, but we run it that thirty times for one hundred and twenty yards, ugly yards, tough yards using both backs, and we come up with the big play with CD over the top.
Speaker 5: To win the game.
Speaker 6: But we've ran that ball with enough conviction that we kept them at pay at Bay.
Speaker 5: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm talking about now, I'm saying, Okay, this is our fifth game we won in a row. This is our fourth game we won in a row. Now, when Philly come now, you can compete. Now, you really can compete. Now when you go in there, you know you've played a team that got you right. See, I'm loving that. We're playing Seattle first, and I got that correct. We're playing Seattle first and now a physical team, a well coached team, a team that will be over five hundred rat on five hundred, but they are physical and they are well coached. So when we go to Philly, you know now, or when Philly come to us, come home, it's time the ball man, because your confidence is so great, and you've been through enough adversity as a team together and you've handled it right. That's why I keep saying win win win, fight through the adversity.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 6: I don't want a dog Carolina because I like The only reason I'm not going to dog Carolina is because I like the quarterback and I think he's getting treated unfairly, you know, but that's the nature of the beast. But take if Bryce don't play, we should just beat them.
Speaker 2: Then you'll get andy.
Speaker 5: If I'm I don't see this enough, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean for the Cowboys, it looks like again And I brought it up before he went to the break about a guy like Micah who I think this might be another one of those games where Michael are coming out with bad intentions.
Speaker 2: He wants to come out and prove something.
Speaker 3: And I don't I don't mind a player having a little bit of a I don't mind it. I don't mind it as long as you're disciplined in what you're doing. I don't mind you wanting to have the edge. But again, and Nate, you were making the point about this the other day, don't don't allow what you want to do to override what the coach is asking you to do for the betterment of the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is that fundamental.
Speaker 3: This is that fundamental balance of what do I want for me personally and what you're asking me to do as a whole for the team. Because sometimes sometimes what is being asked of you may not always feel like what's best for you, and that sometimes can be and and and and nothing against Micah. He's a super competitive kid, still young, still trying to figure out and understand the game and he gets in the Sometimes you can get into these moments where things are happening, and they're happening in succession and you're not a part of it. You're not a part of the face of it. But when when you click on the film, you go, oh, okay, cool Fowler was able to get this sack because two people went to you. So and so was able to get this sack because the way that you closed down that edge or the way that you did this or that ball had to you know, bounce back the other way and was tackled for a loss because you filled the hole. It's you don't get the glory of it, right, because you know, it reminds me when you when you go down, when you when you play the L five and the R five and on kickoff, you don't get much glory. You don't get glory.
Speaker 2: Literally, your job is to be the first one down there, to smash the wedge and to make the ball bounce. And who know gets the glory R three, L three, R four, L four.
Speaker 3: They get to make the tackles right and and and they get to get up and the crowd cheers, and there everybody's happy and you but you know, and especially in coach know they were able to do their job because you hit the wadge the way it was supposed to be hit. You ain't gonna get the glory and you're gonna get the headache. But for the betterment of the team, it all worked out for the greater good. And that's what kind of Micah kind of has to get sometimes. He has to understand that have you.
Speaker 4: Ever been in situations because I know you played that L five and didn't you doing your career on special team, did you get into situations where you were like, man, at least come film day, coach is gonna see me and I'm gonna do it and then they just blow right through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it happens. It happens.
Speaker 3: But I will always think I got a job, A job, right, I get I get a job.
Speaker 2: So let's take our final break of the show.
Speaker 3: When we come back, Man, we're gonna put a bow on this Cowboys Panthers match up this weekend. Ad one thing that we may have add some stats, add some facts. Maybe we have a question or two from one of our loyal listeners.
Speaker 5: You can check that.
Speaker 3: Curt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go as a break.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes.
Speaker 5: You'll walk hun style. Just like football.
Speaker 11: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Rush Scott's gonna run thish shlf, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: How's wing Stop sound crispy, juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 7: See if geek has your back, no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog with a care fan, you got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, sea geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek after the seat Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 12: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more. Enter today.
Speaker 5: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys. We don't have Shannon the day, but that's okay. We got Kurt, we got Nate, we got Chris Beam in the back. That last time was brought to you by Blockchain.
Speaker 2: Blockchain.
Speaker 3: This stegment is brought to you by Jigsaw, the official dating app of the Dallas Cowboys. Baby Jack Saw, Jack Saw. You can't miss the truck. They got the Jigsaw truck out there. You know Jesse spots.
Speaker 2: They did. One time they did. They was in the spot and couldn't find the parking spot. They they paid the bill, pay the bills.
Speaker 3: So I found I found somewhere else to park parked underneath Cowboys Carolina Panthers. This is for all intensive purposes. This is preceding game number five the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you, or six?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this is no. We had three pre games, right, we got three games? So that was last week? Was four this week.
Speaker 5: When the New York Giants first hang, Yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Might be said, Yeah, it's been a lot, it's been a lot, but you know, in this in these opportunities, I thought I thought that, I thought Mike McCarthy did some good things last weekend saying, you know what, here's an opportunity for us to get better in a certain area. And we saw the running game kind of get going. We saw Brandon Cook's kind of get going. Kurt, is there an area that you can look at offensively, defensively special teams that you could say, you know what, I kind of want to see the Cowboys can work on this a little bit in this preseason game number five.
Speaker 4: Well, it's again it's probably the easy choice, but the running game, you know, I'd like to see more Daubell and not not take the place to Poller, but just more balanced. You know, right now, I think it's it's like seventy plays, you know, snaps. I would like to see a little bit more even like it seems like, you know, last year was pound Zeke up the middle, first down, pound up the second down, take him off the field. Here comes Pollard for the sweep around the edge. Well now you're seeing Pollard get those banging his head up the middle and here comes down on for this. You know, I would like to see a little bit more balance on.
Speaker 6: How they use this to guys, they same question I would like to I would like for us to.
Speaker 5: Like we like.
Speaker 6: We were fortunate enough to have man and man coverage for Cook last week, and we saw them prosper I would like to see our tight ends block better and our tackles blocked better to get Tony to the outside to get because I'm looking at you, looking at a guy who ain't never was a lead back, and you literally taking him like Zeke and running him straight up the middle.
Speaker 5: And they don't understand.
Speaker 6: It's a knack to that. It's a knack to that Zeke is. This was zeke ninth year in the league. So how do you last that long door with Zeke?
Speaker 5: Did? Tony is not gonna last as long doing that? And so.
Speaker 6: I would like to see Tony here next year, and I'd like to see ric o'donald here and just change it up a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, slim chance on one of those. Yeah, I just feel that way.
Speaker 5: Why you say that, Tony? Tony, I'm telling you, I love you, man.
Speaker 6: Take you four, Take you four meal, and that's what's incentives, because that's what it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: See, this is what bothers me.
Speaker 6: And I'm regressing, don't I sat here last year and say, tell Zeke y'all heard me say, Zeke, we love you.
Speaker 5: Here's your three meal, bro Zeke, here's your three meal.
Speaker 2: Three mel though, but that's anything.
Speaker 5: But that's what I'm saying. Don't don't do that.
Speaker 6: If you got a guy that helps your team win, you give him, hey man, go three mil.
Speaker 5: And uh, you ain't gotta even take it. Now.
Speaker 6: I tell you what we're gonna do. Go out there and if you get better, leave us. But right now, we got you for three mel and this three meal ain't going no where. Don't fool Tony. Ain't nobody giving Tony more than three point five next year, nobody.
Speaker 5: And I ain't putting my hat on it.
Speaker 6: And I ain't betting nothing because there's always an idiot out there. But I'm serious, Jess, I'm serious, Kurt, Tony, here's your three you'll make three point five on average. Here you go to on his money sitting here, going out there and let them fool you.
Speaker 4: You think of a mistake looking back to franchise him for that ten.
Speaker 6: I don't have a problem with it, but I think the mistake was made when you misused him. This kid should have had never more than twenty two touches and I kept thinking eight of those nine of those was gonna be passes out of the backfield or some type of draw play or some type of outside zone. They ran this kid. Let me tell you how bad it is. What really turned me off. We said that the Eagles was only giving him sixty five yards rushing our first two players of the game. Was where turn around and handed it to Tony right up the middle. I'm saying, this ain't right Coach McCarthy. I love him freaking Mike as he's named him, but I'm like, coach, what now, you didn't I know you watched the film, but we know what Tony can do out here. We know what he can do catching the ball. Don't don't miss they're misusing him. That's just my beliefs.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think for me defensively, I'm going to go on the defensive side.
Speaker 2: This team played a ton of man.
Speaker 3: Coverage, and I just feel like this is a moment in time to work some zone.
Speaker 2: Get some zone working there. Because I look at do.
Speaker 3: I think Deron blank and stay stand up man, the man with some of the best in the league. Sure, down for down, He'll give up some. I know for sure that Stefan Gilmour can't not run.
Speaker 5: I just see it, man, he can't. If you got as you can see he can't.
Speaker 3: And so when we keep talking about, yeah, okay, these games, it don't matter because there's never a threat.
Speaker 2: There's there's never a.
Speaker 3: Big enough threat that's gonna be put in front of you that's gonna say, oh boy, we have to score every tangle time we get the ball now, because they will. You don't have that with this team. If Carolina scores ten points, that's probably nine points too many.
Speaker 2: Right, It really is it? Really, it really really really he's speaking truth.
Speaker 3: But it's when you go because we're talking about the same thing we're talking about. You say Seattle and then Philly. I think Washington would be more of a formidable opponent when we see them. I just think, I like what every beata me is doing with that offense, and they're gonna get up to play the Cowboys. But when you go and play Seattle and you have to go and play Philadelphia again, you gotta go and play Miami again. If somehow, some way Buffalo figures it out, you got to go and play Buffalo with those wide receivers in the in the cole.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have.
Speaker 3: To be able to mix this thing up a little bit. You can't play man and Man. You know, we didn't get killed by a J. Brown last game, you know, but this this is another guy who I don't want to I don't want to have to deal man and Man. I don't want to have to deal with DeVante Smith Man and Man. I think maybe we can use these opportunities to work some more zone schemes, work some more of our our pressure looks, uh, you know, work on work on some of those things, work on some of those things that you can now get on film as a coach, because I do believe when coaches see it on film it makes them feel better about calling it or not calling it because we've seen it in in a live situation that wasn't scripted on the practice field, that this was what we saw was what was a realistic look, a realistic reaction to our action.
Speaker 2: And so I think I think dan.
Speaker 3: Quinn can kind of work some of those things, maybe even work some of those other guys who may not even be getting a lot of reps in because you may need them.
Speaker 2: This is a weird, weird game, and as you get down the stretch.
Speaker 3: The last thing you want is a guy to have to come in against you know, Detroit the last game of the season, on the first place off game, and he ain't sniffed the field all year.
Speaker 2: I know why he did.
Speaker 3: Stiffed the field all year. But in these moments, in these blowout moments, start working some of those things in there when you're up fourteen, twenty one, twenty eight points in the game. That'll it'll give you an opportunity to have, you know, something on the film that you can work off and say, Okay, he can do this, he can do that, we can do this, we can do that, and that may be, you know, that may be necessary at some point in time during the season.
Speaker 5: That was a computer.
Speaker 3: That was a computer, that was a computer calling stop. Man, it's this dangerous sitting next to this man.
Speaker 5: I love you. What are you doing? Man? I love it? Man, I love man. I love it. You allowed me to be, you.
Speaker 3: Allowed me to have probably I probably, but yeah, I mean any anything else that that that that that we can add to this.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about to this. I mean this, this.
Speaker 4: Is why you talked about getting right, you know, fixing these things and you mentioned real quickly the pressure in there. I kind of surprised that the Cowboys are with their twentieth and pressures and fourteenth or something in sacks, and we talk about this being such a great front line, great rushing front line. Is that good enough for where this defense wants to be. I mean, you take away the two Giants games, twenty six of theirs, I mean twelve of their twenty six sacks. We're against the Giants. Everybody else it's fourteen.
Speaker 6: You know, I would like to believe that everything is a build up and we're in the meat of the schedule. Now we done got You're in the meat of the schedule, whether whether the teams you're.
Speaker 5: Playing are good or not. You're in that grind part of the thing.
Speaker 6: And what that go to about game fourteen jests and then you start figuring out who's gonna beware the next two or three weeks. So now you're in the grind. Coaches are saying what can we do better? Not so much to get their stats up. Players are probably doing that, but coaches saying, what can we tweak here, tweak there to get this team better?
Speaker 5: To go up this right here?
Speaker 6: So you know, because a lot of times, if teams have an idea that you a threat at something, they'll kind of stay away from it.
Speaker 5: That don't mean that they want to challenge.
Speaker 6: You here and there to see if you for real, but they'll kind of stay away from it. The Cowboys have been fortunate to be able to not give up so many yards rushing, so now the threat a lot of teams, a lot of quarterbacks getting nervous because you're like, oh, oh, we can't run the ball. And so they see Michael Parson flash on them, but they see Sam William flash on you, they ain't necessarily got to get there. It gives them a bad reaction. And that's what I'm fearing for this guy, Bryce Young. He gonna get a bad reaction.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. I hope you don't break out what you think you'll breakout.
Speaker 3: If you don't bring out them hoives, bring out in the in the sack hoives, because they're gonna be out there right there. Man, all right, that's it for us. I don't know if she will be back tomorrow, but if not, God will I'll be here. You'll be here, Well appreciate you. You'll be here Chris, You'll be here here God, Willie and all of you hair jazz jazz. So shout out to Chris of keeping us on their jazz. Who else is back there, Josh, Willie, Willie Willie, who else we got?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just thank you all. We appreciate you all. Man, have a blessed day. We'll see you Mondagna, Man Nanna tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Okay, Monday, We'll be back to Monday, y'all. Monday.
Speaker 2: This is Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 5: We are.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.