Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines. He is hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff where flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts, Jesse Holly, Kurt Daniels, and Nate Newton.
Speaker 2: Blow Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: The championship claza outside in front of the fore Center where today's high is.
Speaker 4: What's that hot work?
Speaker 2: What's the heck?
Speaker 4: What's the heck?
Speaker 3: Chris doesn't make a difference. It's warm outside so early seventyreesently seventeen, how will get up to about seventy nine degrees?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 3: But we are here. That's all that matters. That is Kirt Daniels, He is, Nate Newton, Chris is in the back eye am Zaddie Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talking equivalent on the Braill. People feel us when we speak. Last Thursday, the NFL released all of the schedules. That's what Nate's holding up in his camera, and of course the NFL. The NFL is the only league that makes an event around the release of games. No other sport, no baseball, but no other sport can do it the way that the NFL does. It has you captivated in an audience locked in at seven pm Central time last week to get the releases from all of these different teams. To me, I love the Cowboys and great, we did a good job. We did a really good job with ours release. But to me, the winner was the Tennessee Titans when they were down on Broad Street.
Speaker 2: It was at Nashville, Yes.
Speaker 3: And they had all the random people look at the symbols of the NFL teams and say what teams are those? And it was even better that all of those teams begin, not all of them, but a lot of those teams begin to just take on the persona like someone said that the Atlanta Falcons were the Atlanta Stallions Red Stallions. Well, the Atlanta Falcons changed their page to the Red Stallion and other the coach it was not the Cowboys. So just you know, it was pretty fun. But such as life, and we do what we do when the schedules come out. The first thing that we want to do is begin to judge the games. We want to go up and down the scale. And I'm gonna talk to you, Kurt, because you're a sensible, reasonable male.
Speaker 2: We have to always take these shots. The show starts because because I'm gonna be it's the off season. I'm gonna be sensible. It's the off season from the age of here comes the But yeah, I'm gonna be sensible. It's the off season. Kurt.
Speaker 3: You and I can discuss the schedule and Chris and Nathaniel because we know that if we include anyone else in this conversation currently in the room with us where Shannon.
Speaker 2: I just got off the phone with Shannon. I knew this dude attack me today. I got.
Speaker 4: On the phone.
Speaker 2: We need to get shut on Jesse's attacking.
Speaker 3: We know what you're going to say. We know how you're going to go through this list.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a part of its objectively, No, no, say it.
Speaker 3: Objectively.
Speaker 2: You will a winnow, willingly, willingly.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So schedule is out and it's it's kind of almost sweet.
Speaker 5: We have to do it.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't forget this. Weents brought to you by Wingstock with flavor Get get its wings.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be writing this down when y'all be talking about this schedule I'm not to write this now.
Speaker 3: And remember this is state football is fluid. What we say today may change our mind. After cat we may change our mind again after he ain't changing my mind. Okay, this is why we don't have the conversation with the same We're gonna say the same thing, We're gonna say the same thing later.
Speaker 4: And this is why we're redesigning the studio.
Speaker 3: And this is why we're redesigning the studio. For that very reason, we already out in the studio. Shout out to the money coming down here.
Speaker 2: You know out you mean you mean Parcels agreed to spend some money to change the studio.
Speaker 5: Parcels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Parsel, you have a little something to do with it. You know what, God is gonna do all the work, Chris gonna go ahead measure.
Speaker 3: God thinking Bill. All right, So let's look at this schedule, and let's just go through this thing game by game, and we'll give your takes we walk along, but we'll give you know, gub or l on the specific team. I'll start with you, Kurt. The Cowboys open up their NFL season on the road with the New York foot Ball Giants. Brian Dable, Uh and and Danny Dimes. They they take I thought they open up the road. See you know, I thought they open.
Speaker 2: Up the road and open up the road on San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Giants.
Speaker 3: No, No, they playing football.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it. They have to be determined. They have practice games Jacksonville, Seattle, Las Vegas, then the preseason Star New York, New York.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not the preseason. That is the regular season.
Speaker 4: I know you called.
Speaker 3: Executive that preseason. Okay, give the three or four games.
Speaker 2: Play play games, real games.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys open up on the road MetLife Stadium, Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's exciting any times.
Speaker 5: Got a new face the Giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we face the Giants. So, Kurt, what do you think.
Speaker 6: It'll be a good test right out of the gate. And it's a game you need to win because you know, not only get the just the seasons off to the right foot, but it's a division game, big division game. So but you know, I got faith in our boys. Well I think they can pull that out. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, we gotta win. That's a must win. That's a must win. I think we we open up our season this year. That's got to be a must win. It has to be.
Speaker 3: I think we all agree, Chris, you agree.
Speaker 7: Uh, the mayors may own or excuse me, the mayors may have purchased the Giants, but Dak owns them like that.
Speaker 8: Give one.
Speaker 4: There, man, I'm telling you that one for I know, I know owns the Giants. I know his recordans Giants.
Speaker 3: I know you've been sitting on that one for a minute. You've been waiting to get that one off your chest.
Speaker 4: Now that's an old.
Speaker 2: One, that's like your boy, like the old quarterback the Mann. And you say, yeah, Jerry own the stadium, but.
Speaker 3: I signed all right by the gotcha? Week two, the New York Football Jets come to town, but they come to town with a guy who's actually Jerry may own a T and T stadium, but but Aaron Rodgers owns it. The New York Jets come to a T and T stadium. Uh, the very next week. So it's New York New York teams back to back weeks. What do you think you think you think an.
Speaker 2: I don't think he'll be in sync by then. I don't think he'll be in That's the only way we will win it.
Speaker 3: Now do you think you think because he's on a new team right now, that he'll be putting more off season work in Like you see him now kind of at the little you know, the rookie mintie caps and like he's around more than he's ever been.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, basketball games, that's team Bondy, whatever you say. He that'll be too early in the year for him to have success.
Speaker 5: He's just against this guy Mann.
Speaker 2: What do you got, we got he he won't be in sync, so we win this to there, he won't be in sync for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the same time. Yeah, they're still figuring it out. To be honest, I don't know what other talent the Jets have. It's just him and some guys or the.
Speaker 3: Wilson. Yeah, of course he's bringing on the rest of his crew, Lazard and and a couple of his other guys, Kurt, I mean, Chris.
Speaker 4: Short week for the Jets. We're gonna win, yes, sir, Well, I guess they played. They played Buffalo on Monday night.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm the only one that still believe. And Aaron Rodgers still the Cowboys, I take it.
Speaker 2: I just think, yeah, yeah, for sure, I.
Speaker 3: Think when Aaron Rodders, he's the Cowboys. It does something to him. He just he lights up, he lights up.
Speaker 2: Were if we were going up there, I have a different I would be thinking different. We was going up there with the short We're gonna with you on that, Chris.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go Arizona. That's a doub Let's keep moving.
Speaker 2: October first, you think, because they they you know, Yeah, let's get them up.
Speaker 3: Out of it quick.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The next week October first, Sunday, pre twenty five games, the Cowboys welcome in Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots. Dub right, that's all that's a draw. All right, see start here we go here we all right? Right, preseason is over for Nate Newton. Preseason over for Nate Newton.
Speaker 6: Now the regular season starts for Natera.
Speaker 3: Yeah you guys have four Oh I'm three and one. Yeah, I'm three and one. I'm fall So then we go lost primetime game. The Cowboys had to uh San Francisco, that Levi Stadium and that when they call it now the Lex.
Speaker 2: And then unveiled his name, Mazzi. We're gonna unveils no more running the Rock.
Speaker 3: The Cowboy, the Cowboys take forty nine Ers.
Speaker 2: Kurt New quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yeah there, that's gonna be no loss, loss loss, Chris, Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Loss on that one.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be in the next one Monday Night Football to back to back prime time game Sunday Night Football, right back around. And you know Kellen Moore is sitting up there, and he circled this game on this calendar. The Cowboys are heading. I think the Cowboys should actually stay in California, just standard about that when they would consider it, I think so. I think so just stay. Just say you're already a San Franz. You can probably just practice there, find some you know u c l a somewhere and then it stayed for the week and then come right back and play the Los Angeles Chargers, led by offensively probably one of the young studs of the league and Herbert and the Beast and being guided by boy Wonder Moore Kella Moore circled this game on his calendar for sure. This game has been circled on the calendar Monday night. And you know he wants to win, you know, he wants to win and beat the Cowboys like nobody's business. Nate, what you got los you got lost?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think, I think we ain't gonna handle this well.
Speaker 3: Two back to back losses, all right, Chris Kurt.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm with Nate. I'm afraid on the road we're home. Maybe a little different on the road Monday night, Chris.
Speaker 7: You know something, I trust dan Quinn more trust, So I'm going dub Okay.
Speaker 3: I think we are split down the middle because I'm leading with Chris.
Speaker 7: I say, I think dan Quinn has its circle on his skal on his calendar to I like that he's looked across.
Speaker 3: Him, a lot of neural practicing saying this, pip squeak, I can take him any day of the weekend.
Speaker 4: It's saying what is he doing?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: So I think the Cowboys winning that game. So we split across the room. The Cowboys then go to the bye. We're gonna keep our fingers crossed that no one gets in trouble during that bye.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, So we've got him basically foreign two all of us at that point, right, So that's not bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty good. Bad, It's not bad.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Then they come back Los Angeles Rams at home nooner, Sean McVay and company.
Speaker 2: Tell me who I left guard is and who and then I can tell you it wouldn't lose.
Speaker 3: Aaron Donald, I left cards. That's my that's my NFL Man Cross Monday.
Speaker 4: I love as a win.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna change that.
Speaker 4: Coach Donald play corner for them too.
Speaker 2: There is not there can we get over.
Speaker 5: The Rams are full rebuild.
Speaker 4: No, they they got them super Bowl win.
Speaker 3: I think it's a win as well. Now I'll tell you why I go from this one, next one right, the next one game Sunday, November fifth against the Philadelphia Eagles. However, y'all want to break this down, I'm getting the splitting the series. So whether you want to give this one a win now or give us one a l either way you want to go for me the Rams, I got them beating the Rams. But next week after that, Philadelphia, Kurt, what you got?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a loss road game?
Speaker 9: Like you?
Speaker 5: I think like you, it's you know, that's the difference for me there, Nate.
Speaker 2: They got Cox, They got the kid last year from Georgia. They got the kid this year from Georgia. To get the quarter back? Gee, is that we've you can forget that one. Bro, the ain't know being on running no rock? Who is your left guard?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right, Uh Chris, there's a.
Speaker 7: Good chance of phillerould be undefeated going to that game, and I think they probably come.
Speaker 2: Out and get up. Okay, I thought you upset.
Speaker 3: We got l's all the way around the table Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Like last year, I mean last year we split.
Speaker 3: I think the same thing I do. I think the same thing. Next week the Cowboys, Uh take on the New York Football Giants at home. I think it's a double all way around. Yes, yeah, I got I got keep going at Carolina Commander's dub.
Speaker 4: Who is your left guard?
Speaker 2: Who's he that has defenses that I know have master defenses? I want to know who he left guard is. I'm putting it. I'm putting it, putting me a line.
Speaker 4: Who is the Commander's quarterback that game?
Speaker 2: It don't matter, baby, who's the left guard for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: By this time, Chase Young may kind of got a sea legs back underneath him.
Speaker 2: And by this time he will because they didn't ain't give him his fifth year even crack it up.
Speaker 3: This Okay, So when you I got dub Kurt. Yeah, all right, this is the next one, Thursday night football, Seattle, Seattle.
Speaker 2: Then then they get a corner and then they drafted what after that corner?
Speaker 3: They got the kid Forbes. No, no, no, that's Washington, Washington.
Speaker 4: They got the wide receiver Smith.
Speaker 3: Yeah they got oh yeah, they got so they gonna run the ball.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a battle.
Speaker 3: You got Locket, you got d K and you got Smith and Jigma with I guess a resurgence of of Geno Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got Chris here Seattle. Man, that's that's a that's gonna be a good game. Now, that's gonna be a wild game.
Speaker 4: Schedule, say out there, wow, well that means.
Speaker 2: You can have two back to back losses. Man, Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: No, I said, we're gonna split Philly.
Speaker 2: And I said that, Okay, I'm about to put a win against Seattle, because you ain't. You ain't.
Speaker 3: I got Seattle. I got I got us losing this losing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got us beating Seattle because they come to us.
Speaker 3: I got I got the split Philadelphia. We beat Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Now this one it was Seattle. I wonder if they got the short week, the Sunday game ahead of that, we got a full week.
Speaker 4: Now they have a full week.
Speaker 2: They played in Philadelphia, and you're gonna be donn find out who they are by now.
Speaker 3: Now, were that game okay, we wouldn't lose that game. We lose the next one. Back to back December seventeen. I can tell you one one thing for one thing for certain, two things for sure. It's gonna be coold. It's gonna be cold. The Cowboys head up to Buffalo, New York.
Speaker 2: The all we need to do is hope that the quarterback try to take the game into his own hands. And when the quarterback tried to take the game, that means he's gonna run more. That mean we're gonna get more hits. That's a loss for them because if to this kid realized how great his own mills and he can beat people by throwing, and he gonna continue to want to be the running back, it will be the Digs Bowl, Yeah, and Trayvon to win because the quarterback gonna try to take over the game with his legs.
Speaker 4: All right, you got a Buffalo, I got the Cowboys, I got Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Chris.
Speaker 2: Out of these back to back whoopings, they're gonna physical whippings. They gonna get they'll be ready Chris, Buffalo and.
Speaker 4: Go for Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Buffalo gonna lose.
Speaker 4: The last time we played up there, there's a couple of about four four or five years ago.
Speaker 2: The league, the League out against us Man. Next week we go to Miami. So we go to cold cold like that. People gonna be sick for Detroit.
Speaker 4: This is the stretch.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be your Yeah, we're gonna be stretching.
Speaker 4: So this is this felly Buffalo Miami and this.
Speaker 3: Is this is the next game. I feel like Chris is kind of getting a little bit of a he gets to travel to Miami right Christmas, he I know, he wants to be with the family, you know, Christmas Miami.
Speaker 4: Yes, now we go to the game and come right back. So I don't care.
Speaker 3: I got I got a dub. We get through this quickly. I got a double Miami. Yeah yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think so, yeah, we can beat them. We can beats and we can beat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can beat Miami.
Speaker 3: Because this was like the n B A and teams kind of get there the night before in Miami, I would I would say we were lost, but because it's not like the NBA we get there kind of our night before. It is kind of more structure than what the NBA allows you to do. So yes, it's more lockdown, all right. December thirtieth, Detroit Lions. It's a dub for me. Yeah, it's a Saturday football game now, fellas Saturday football game there, prime time primetime Saturday football game, dubbed dub dubh Chris, Yeah, I got you, all right, and the Washington Commanding this game would be important. This it will be important. No, you know why, this kid is going to be important because Philly is going to have an identical record to you. So you're going to need You're going to need to win this one at the end of the year to determine whether or not you are NFC East champions or whether you fall somewhere in that spectrum of five or six like you did a year ago. But I got a dub for the Cowboys against the Commanders. I know, I said we said that last year and the Commanders whooped up on a something serious. But I think it's a dub this year.
Speaker 2: Games, Nate, we got Washington, I got Chris James.
Speaker 3: It's a dope all right. When we come back after this break, we'll just dive more into Mike McCarthy missing rookie Minni camp. That's a big thing, not so big thing when you add a guy like Deuce Volunteer, the mixed smaller guy. What does that mean for Cavan Turpin? He made All Pro He's a Mother Pro Bowl last year, so does that matter any such with him? We'll dig it to more of those things, talk more about the joy'll find out on the other side of the break. This is hanging with the boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboys fans, ready to spice up your next watch party?
Speaker 3: Bring Yo Kiero Guacamole be the game day hero. Yo Kiro means I want and we know you want.
Speaker 9: Great fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices. It will be the star of any party. You can find us at your local Albertson's or Tom Thumb in the Delhi section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them Yo Kiero Yo Kiero Guacamole.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk exit with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 4: For cryptopros, rookies, and anyone.
Speaker 11: In between, blockchain dot com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trust it by Millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 8: Seed gig has your back no matter what kind of fan you are, So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, oh we got them. Next time, fan or We'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seed Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek as you covered, download the seat geek at today Seat Gig.
Speaker 3: You're a take of the Great Seeds. Back to Hanging with the Bulls. Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys. This Tuesday off season auditionshit Nate Kirk, Jesse, Chris is in the back, hold is down. Remember this segment is brought to you by Blockchain. Blockchain dot Com. Tacos in Tunes. We got a new date. Change your calendar, refresher your Apple computer. Get the calendar right in that thing. Head to middle Light House at at and T STATEIU for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival for Center by middle Light. Reschedule to Saturday, June third, from three to eight pm. That's June third, from three to eight pm. Enjoy variety of tacos and food trucks options while you sip on cold drinks and listen to live music. Admission to parking for the Dallas Cowboys Taco on the Tunes festival is free. A t t dot com slash Tacos and Tunes for more information, see you there. For those overrated food items called tacos, come on. I know people always get on me about that, but it's just it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: They're just a little bit overrated than me. But listen, if I don't eat them for you, you don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys started Rookie Mini Camp last week. I got an opportunity to talk to the rookies, a really really good talking.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta just get leave some stuff in the house, you know, off off the air.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I want to be invited back. I want to be invited back. And one of the things that talked to them about, well off there, you know the White House days.
Speaker 4: No, but you're not that cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna keep I'm gonna keep on moving. But one noble figure that was absent from Rookie minikimp, the head coach, Mike McCarthy, was out had a back procedure back out of me. I don't know that I'm making it up. I don't know what actually happened to his back.
Speaker 6: I think he struggled with back issues for a while now, and I guess it got to a point where he just.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure the doctor said, hey, big fellow, the front end, So we got to get it back.
Speaker 2: You know, now now, now, now, if.
Speaker 3: The way that the world is on your shouldness, don't start having back problems down coach.
Speaker 4: That's but as a head coach, win is a good time.
Speaker 3: No, this is the perfect time. I mean, you're really theft time.
Speaker 7: Because you don't want to do it during like when you're going to find draft guys that period.
Speaker 3: Oh, you want to be available right after the draft, go do it.
Speaker 4: And you missed one rookie minute camp and.
Speaker 3: They didn't miss any like he didn't really miss anything because everything but everything, so everything's filmed. Everything is filmed. So I mean, if he's laying somewhere recovering, watching practice tape, watching the film from practice, whatever the walk news are. So, you know, do I think there's a big deal that Mike mccrothey missed rookie mini camp. No, No, absolutely not. It's a very very watered down now version of what it used to be. I think he's saying, get it in now because when we get the vets back, I need to be out there. I need to have I need to implement my offense. I need to be out there kind of patrolling the sidelines getting everything ready. You think it's a big deal, Nick, No, No.
Speaker 5: Did you find it interesting? Chris? You may know better.
Speaker 6: But Fossil actually kind of ran things, didn't he. Not everybody assumed it would kind of be Quinn. But was that right, Chris?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think the reason why is because Fossil doesn't have a lot of responsibility during practice, and there wasn't a kicker out there, so a deep snapper, so he did run the special team's portion, and then at that point he was just kind of walking around. You know, Dan Quinn's a big defensive line guy, so he's always down there working with the defense line. I'd rather him be down there working hands with Mazzie than worrying about the offense.
Speaker 4: To be honest with you, that's true.
Speaker 3: I agree. Not a big deal to me. Not a big deal to me that Mike McCarthy, Missroal Commnity Camp. It'll be all right, it'll be all right. Most of those guys in a community cam'p we won't really even hear from doing.
Speaker 7: And Fossil is a former head coach, remember that, so is he? Yeah, he was an interim when the Rams fired, was it?
Speaker 3: He was a Fossil.
Speaker 4: Then he's Fisher, right, Fisher was there.
Speaker 3: They fired Fisher and Jeff Fisher. Jeff Fisher, gotcha, gotcha, gotcha, gotcha got the Giants coach. But one thing, one thing coaches will do during the off season is beginning to formulate roles right now, Like this is the time where you're starting to say, Okay, I gotta roll for this guy. I gotta roll for this guy. I gotta role for this guy. And when you look at where the Cowboys at two, I guess very distinctive players are on this roster. And they're distinctive because not because they're the biggest, the tallest, the ginormous. They're probably two of the smallest. They're literally two of the smallest players on this roster and they play positions receiver, one places running back. Duce Vaughan the draft picked the sixth round who had the fantastic story of his dad being able to call him move the scout here, Chris Vaughn. And then you have returning pro bowler Cavante Turpin, who was in the XFL a year ago, came to the National Football League lit it up on the special team side of things. So now when you're looking at these two players, Nate and Kurt, when you're trying to carve out roles, especially that both of these guys are offensive players, is their room for two small, fast guys.
Speaker 6: It makes you wonder because usually your backup running back is involved in special teams, right correct, Duce is so small. Really his only involvement that can be his return guy. I would think we're not going to have him running down there on kickoff. So what does that do then for Cavante? If if you know it's a gun, only have so many of these little guys on your team, you know, Nate, and that's it.
Speaker 2: You reach your limit. Two, Yeah, you reach the you reach the two. You reach your limit because last year, you know, you know I could. I just thought we should have had four or five offensive plays that were a past the line of scrimmage, you know, not not the jet sweep. I'm talking about throwing a screen out there so he can get past the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now, those plays you gotta be very selective. But these guys, when you put them on the field, you got it. But you gotta put them out there because this is if these guys are not going to give you twenty plays and I'm not talking about their special team players. I'm talking about twenty plays together. If they're not going to give you twenty plays of being on the field and having that threat, why do you got them like last year to.
Speaker 5: The wasting spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, but see okay to me, So now when we start talking about game day, right, because it's great at practice practice, I got one hundred guys, yes, right, and that's easy in training him, I got one hundred guys. But we're talking about game day. I want to get forty six, forty eight roster spots of Jersey spots. Right. So now you're saying, Cavante Turpin boy, you falling down the wrong a little bit. Even more now when you add players like Brandon Cooks to the situation, right, So now you become fourth and fifth guy on the receiver spot. This is why it hits. Why you need to be a good special teams guy, and the same thing with Deuce Wan it's Tony Pollard, it's Ronald Jones, maybe it's Malik Davis. Are you I don't think you're dressing a fourth running back. That's where this is where is gonna become very difficult, is going game day because both of these guys are reserves of the reserves, you know what I'm saying, They're backing up the backups. And I don't think you're willing to give up a roster spot to say, a jersey spot on game day for one guy to return punks and one guy to return kicks. I mean, that's just not being efficient with your with your resources. So I think there's gonna have to be a decision, and I hope injury does it determine it for us. One guy gets hurt, now you but one guy is gonna have to have double duty like Deuce Vaughan or or is gonna have to be a punt and kickoff returner. But you can't. I just I just find it very difficult to dress two small guys who are the reserves, the back of the the backups on game day when that when that that other roster spot is so coveted at that time.
Speaker 2: You can ask that just I mean, like I said, you got your limit. It's two one want to dress and one won't. That's just the bottom line. You dressing both of them. I do not want to come in here on a on a Monday or Tuesday. We don't dress. Both of these guys ain't seen now one of them and we done lost the That would be the ultimate slap in the face.
Speaker 3: And right now, I mean, if if we're talking about, you know, all things being equal, Cavali Turpin has a leg up. I'm already I've already got a year under my belt being with Fossil who understands my skill set. And I went to the Pro Bowl. I went to the I went to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 6: So and like Nate said, he should be giving him more opportunities in the passing game.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: The thing is, you know, I'm asking this kid when the training camp, I said, brouh, do you know your plays? I just got to see because I'm gonna tell you something what would keep you off the field more than anything.
Speaker 3: Imagine Nate walking up to you in the very first thing that he said to you, Hey, bro, you know your place.
Speaker 2: But nah, man, what will keep you off the field quicker than anything? We all in this room know if a coach don't trust you to be able to know your assignments, you ain't get on that field.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But but even even even still, like let's be honest, like Cavante is limited in what he can do. Yes, because when I have, when my options are CD Lamb, even Michael Gallup, Brandon Cooks to do certain things at a tight end to the mix. Because of your size, I have to do specialty things with you, like like you like you don't you don't get into the rotation of things because if I'm going to use certain plays and packages and throws.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'll go for that.
Speaker 3: Because everything every past that doesn't go to CD Lamb or isn't built in to get to Brandon Cooks, It's going to somewhere else. You know.
Speaker 2: It's I will believe that this year with coach McCarthy. But I don't tell me to believe that with Kellum, who was just tricks bags or tricks. No, No, man, you know I would believe what you're saying because it is coach McCarthy. We'll find out for the bags and tricks. This man was trying.
Speaker 3: Come on, Manna, maybe you could put Cavante at center, have him snap the ball back.
Speaker 2: SNAA, We're gonna go to I'm talking about just what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very petty, We're going to our final break off the shovel and we come back. That's a zaty petty.
Speaker 2: That's straight trailer. On the block of the.
Speaker 3: Boys website, they gave three reasons. This whole website, the blogging with the boys, blogging the Boys, blogging the Boys. They gave three reasons thisfense will be better. We'll discuss them, see if we agree with them or not. Stay right here with us and hanging with the boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboys fans, ready to spice up your next watch party? Bring Yo kiero guacamole be the game day hero. The yo kierro means I want and we know you want. Great fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamola for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect lend of spices. It will be the star of any party. You can find us at your local Albertson's or Tom thumb in.
Speaker 3: The deli section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them Yo kiero, Yo kiero. Walk them only.
Speaker 8: Seat Geek has your back. No matter what kind of fan you are, So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan. Oh we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek ap today. Seat Geek your ticket a great seats.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For cryptopros, rookies and anyone in between. Blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, trusted by America's team.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tours is the only.
Speaker 10: Official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 2: Back to hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys on this Tuesday off season edition. We have already run down the schedule. If you haven't seen it, go look at it. Give us your predictions Texas and no Texas. Don't text me, tweet us. Let us know what your win loss record is.
Speaker 4: Jesse's d ms are always open, Ladies and gentlemen only.
Speaker 3: Ladies, you ain't trailer park thick, stay over there. I like them like cold oatmeal, Nate.
Speaker 2: Thick. So I hate to see this up on the TV.
Speaker 3: All right, so blogging the blogging the Boys had an article on their website and talking about the Cowboys will be better offensively for three reasons. They'll have a better running game, better blocking, and better separation at the why receiver position. I'm gonna go with Nate because when I said better blocking, his face turned to the face He's actually hold it right now. Wait a second. They said they have a better running game, better blocking, and better separation at the wide receiver. Do you agree with all three?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I don't which one of the three you do?
Speaker 2: Not the first two? The first two how you're gonna have better block and you don't know who the blockers are? You know, uh they're saying.
Speaker 3: They're probably saying right now on paper, you look at your best five, right your your quote unquote best five. However you want to shuffle them around. You're saying, Tyler Smith, Tyron Smith, Uh, Tyler Battish, the Governor and n Steele.
Speaker 2: That is my five. It's still is on the field. I'm liking it. Okay, it still is on the field. I'm liking it. No, no, no, right tackle the President, the Butcher, whatever you want to call him, Mark the right guard, be Oddish's at center doing his fighting, and uh, the left guard Tyler Smith because I think he could be better than Tyron, and then Tyron at the left tackle. As long as he can hold up, you will have a good, solid offensive line if they play it that way.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I talked to Stell, I said, I looked at Stell. I told still doing training camp. I told her. I says, still, you're right tackle. He said, yeah, I know. I said you're right tackle. I said, have you? He said, I heard the rooms, miss.
Speaker 4: Noon, but I'm a right tackle.
Speaker 2: I say, thank you. That's all I need to know.
Speaker 5: Nice. I agree with that. Yeah, I mean, if you got those five guys.
Speaker 2: I agree. I agree. But the blocking, the blocking will be nice.
Speaker 6: But we don't know if Steele is gonna be ready opening day or she's an opener and Tyron.
Speaker 3: You know, let's just say all things are equal, right, that those guys already, Tyron is makes it through training camp. I'm not saying's gonna make it through the season training camp. Let's say that they all make it through training camp. Is this a better blocking team?
Speaker 2: It should be? Man should be Yeah, on paper, and we know that don't mean much on paper, they look good. That's that's paper wise. They look nice.
Speaker 3: Now does better blocking equate to a better running game than last year?
Speaker 5: Well, it should.
Speaker 6: I would probably disagree with that statement too. I think their their point was it was additioned by subtraction. They're not going to be handling the ball off to Zeke so much. But you don't know what Poulard's going to be. He's coming off the injury and after that, Oh, you got a lot of question marks. Who might be your backup?
Speaker 2: There's some big tight end come in though. If the big tight end shoe shoe spoon maker, if he come in and can get the edges right, I think we'll be good. I think we'll be good. I just have to wait to see Before a good blocking, I have to wait and see. Because if we can't get through training camp with this offensive line that we name, blocking, ain't gonna be good.
Speaker 3: I agree with. I'll start from them the bottom, work my way back to the top. I think there will be I agree with, there will be better separation when it comes to the wide recess.
Speaker 2: Now he's gonna tell me, I can't tell me this, do it? Now? Start with the blocking. Nah? No, I'm just joking, Okay, whide receive it though I know wide receiver part.
Speaker 3: I agree with specialty Yah, yeah, but I do. I think I think the addition of Brandon Cooks and for more people are looking at Brandon Corks as this deep threat.
Speaker 11: Like I.
Speaker 3: Yes, he'll have components of the offense where he does that. But if you're if you're if you truly understand what the West Coast offense is, I think you want to see less of the fifty to fifty deep ball shots and more of the underneath quick quick outs slants. You're gonna see more of the quick, quick hitting routes.
Speaker 5: Which part of that.
Speaker 6: Like last year Gallup had one of the worst separation ratings in the league. Was that more because of the routes he was being asked to run or just his own speed?
Speaker 3: I guess he was just Gallum was jacked up mentally and physically, Like I get it. He was clear to play. He was all systems will go to actually play.
Speaker 5: He was not himself with the routes can maybe help, Yeah, he was like he just the.
Speaker 3: Type of routes that the Cowboys were asking Michael Gallup to run in that offense. Under Kelvim Moore is again, it starts, stop, start again, and if you don't got your legs, start stop, start again. It wasn't Hopefully he'll be ready this year and he gets out. You know, we gets this finished. The season was over.
Speaker 2: The doctors was waiting like a fourk of the knife. Come on, we had to do some work for.
Speaker 3: You, clean it up, work again. I don't think this. I don't think this team will be are running team.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Man, I know who was blocking now. I'm with you, bro, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think this team is going to be a better I'm not saying that they won't be efficient. I'm not saying that they won't be effective in it. I don't think they're going to be better. And I'm people going to say, well, Zeke's gonna yeah. But if everything you're doing now is trying to get the ball to the outside, because that's where Tony Pollard and and and and backs like that kind of produce better the smaller backs, the quicker backs, Teams are gonna be able to key in on that. Teams will be able to key in on that and and then force you to do something else. And I don't know if this team is ready built well enough to run up between the tackles and a physical manner. Uh and and again to go to the blocking, which will again help the running game. Let's see. Yeah, let's see. Because even though still may come back, you take a minute, take a little while, we'll take a little while.
Speaker 7: And and and.
Speaker 3: Injury or not. I just think Tyron is kind of just he is. He's an old old fellaw. He is just an old fellaw now man and fill the time waits for no one field, not on the football field. And the guys that he had he goes up against. You know, look at the Giants, those guys up front, they got some good guys a front. The Jets got some good guys up front. The Niners, we know what they are. The Rams come on factory. There's a there's a bunch of teams that has Washington has a bunch of guys that can get after the quarterback. Buffalo Miami does. And you know that Detroit is going to be a physical football team if Tyron even makes it to December. So yeah, so I agree with the receiver separation will be better. It has to be better for Dak Prescott to be successful, especially in this West Coast offense because of it is a quick hitting offense. But the thing that we always know and the words of your friend, we'll find out. We'll find out what the Cowboys will be in all these areas.
Speaker 5: If they're not better in those areas, can they be successful?
Speaker 11: No? No, no?
Speaker 3: Now is there blocking? Now when they say it blocking, is it blocking for the running game or blocking for the passing game, or blocking in general?
Speaker 5: I don't I think it was generally. I think it was overall.
Speaker 3: Well, if you can't keep four upright, then you're in the world of trouble. That's always going to be the case. But that's our show. We appreciate you all for joining us for another episode of Hanging with the Boys Tuesday, off season. Addition, the one thing I want you to have to keep a note out and I'm going to keep saying it all off season. Dan Quinn came out and said, Yeah, Mike is going to be a rushing linebacker. I keep saying I want to be a defensive end. Just play close attention to this. It may not be anything today, but just understanding the language that people are beginning to use. When it comes down to Michael Parson and what he's actually doing. It's not a coincidence. It's not accidents. People are using certain languages to describe Michael Parsons because he's gonna come a point in time very soon in his career. He's gonna be looking for the bag, and the bag from the defensive end spot looks about seven to eight million dollars more on the linebacker than the linebacker spot, So just keep a looking out for that the off season. The language, how people speak, how people say, because one will say one thing and the other will say another, and that will come down to it at the end of the day when it comes down to contracts for Kurt, my boy, Sir for Nate, my guy for Chris, and and back for audio Josh for bro will Bro William, bro Willie. We thank you so much most fully.
Speaker 5: We have just had a baby.
Speaker 3: Hey, congratulations, that think the work him. Welcome to the girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a girl. He already had a boy and he has a girl.
Speaker 3: Here you go for graduations, full man, Congratulations to your nephew graduating.
Speaker 2: Graduating masters, graduating business.
Speaker 3: With a Caleb what Newton Calum Newton, Graduation to you to graduate shout out to my nieces Desirae and to uh Alisha for graduating college.
Speaker 4: Keys.
Speaker 3: Nope, no, no, no no, not that no, not that. I wish, I wish he was always leading my niece. But to Desiree into Alicia for graduating into all of the graduates. I gotta graduating.
Speaker 5: You got graduate high school?
Speaker 3: What's what's Who's who?
Speaker 5: Ela?
Speaker 3: Ella? Shout out to Ella Daniels for graduating high school? What's you going to school?
Speaker 4: You and t.
Speaker 3: Kirk, we got to keep working. He needed ten dollars because tuition is right. Yeah he was thinking about that when he laying laying it down. But but I'm just like, all right, we're out of here.
Speaker 2: Man asking pipeline.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 2: I'm there, Alaska.
Speaker 3: You absolutely this is hanging with the boys.
Speaker 4: Oh it was a journey.
Speaker 3: I'm zaddi. Howdon there you go.
Speaker 10: This is a journey.
Speaker 2: We were out. It is a foreign journey.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.