Speaker 1: All right, and welcome into the Fantasy Pros NFL Draft Show. A sensational week in Mobile, Alabama that ended in walk off fashion has come and gone. We'll recap all the action from the Senior Bowl. In this episode was our ten Biggest Winners. I'm your host, Seth Wilcock, and today I'm joined by a man who is on the scene providing boots on the ground coverage, Derek Brown ak Debro. Welcome back to the studio. Pal, how is your week away?
Speaker 2: Oh it's a good week, baby.
Speaker 3: Two big things and I'll be honest, there's no boots on the ground. Always wear converses, so conversers on the ground they were there immobile. But also man that entire week immobile. It's two part thing for me. It's obviously trying to cover the players, the practices, it's all of that the best that I can. And the other part is just trying to avoid getting sunburned.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: There's a tone that is well known amongst the media circles and Mobile. It's the mobile sunburn. It's the media burn where basically everybody's sitting on one side of the field and everybody walks away from the practice weeks, almost looking like two face where everybody's got half their face burned and the other face isn't. So like You're just kind of like, I just don't want to get sunburned. So I'm like I am in the stands, like hiding turned sideways, hoods up. I'm like, no, I look like nes Faratu out there, man, like just trying to avoid the freaking sun.
Speaker 2: The entire time. It was a good time and Mobile baby.
Speaker 1: We rocking SPF fifty, SPF thirty or just or just you.
Speaker 3: Just gotta like cas.
Speaker 2: It was hard times seth hard times, man.
Speaker 1: Well, great to hear you. They had a good time, fantastic job covering the event, really fun to keep up with it all. Was the travel smooth because I saw some people on the internet and they're taking everything for planes, trains and automobiles to get down there.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, it's I have had my my fair share of travel issues.
Speaker 2: This year it was smooth like butter. But let's go.
Speaker 3: Again this year. I kind of I prepare for certain things because so I did not fly into Mobile, So that was a lesson learned.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 3: Okay that that, but it has been rough in certain years, and some of this just comes down to weather, Seth. Like, right, this is about four years ago, the giant freeze that happened in Texas around the DFW area and other places. I got, I got frozen in, Like so I was four years ago. I was trying to like leave and I was in the airport the entire friday trying to get back. I ended up like getting getting frozen in because they couldn't open the runways in DFW, and I ended up like having to like I'm texting the the airbnb owner afterwards, like hey, could I stand another night?
Speaker 2: Like could you anybody?
Speaker 3: Like? I got nowhere to stay unless I'm gonna sleep in the freaking airport. So yeah, no hiccups this year. I've been down that road before, and I know what it looks like. Seth.
Speaker 1: All right, well, glad to hear that you're back in this how with us today? Before we jump in, I just wanted to shadow everyone for tuning in both on the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel and the audio feed. We see you, We appreciate it, and while you're here, please do us a quick favor like this video. If you enjoy this type of content, also subscribe to the channel. If you're new, We've got NFL draft content and Dynasty conversation come to you all spring long, so make sure you're subscribed and tuning in for that. And let's jump right into Debros Senior Bowl winners, starting with an FCS player, Delaware running back Marcus Yarns. It was a nice season for Delaware. They finished nine to two in the CIA in their final season before they make the jump to Conference USA. Getting that G five and Yarns was a huge part of this Debro one hundred and thirty three carries eight hundred yards, six touchdowns and also receiving threat three hundred receiving yards five touchdowns through the air. I always love FCS running backs. I have the Dylan Louve shares to prove it on my taxi squad. What did you see out of Yarns that makes him a riser in your ranks?
Speaker 3: I think Yarns showed exactly what he needed to to prove to NFL teams that he can be a weapon. And I didn't say exactly just running back, but a weapon in the NFL. Because we're talking about let's kind of zoom out here, Seth, we're talking about a running back that stands at five to eleven. He subbed two hundred pounds sub one ninety And so what are we going to say? What type of role can we craft or hope for for Marcus Jarns in the NFL. Okay, probably a passing to back guy. It's gonna have to work in space, be very efficient with his touches. I mean, even in the best case of scenarios, if we're talking about this guy earning a role and a spot on an NFL depth chart, maybe is the RB two, maybe in a committee, then Marcus Jarns showed everything he needed to to possibly give himself a chance to capture a role like that seth in Mobile. This guy was cooking other players linebackers, corners in one on one and the receiving drills. And that doesn't really come as a surprise because if you read the Senior Bowl primer, you already know that Marcus Jarns was nineteenth and yards per route run in his final collegiate season in Delaware one point six nine yards per route run over his college career with a sixteen point four percent slot rate. So Marcus Jarns showed what he needed to because the other parts of the Senior Ball and we're kind of get into this, Like we talked about this in the show leading up to Mobile with Brett Whitefield, so people haven't watched that, please go check that out. We talked about this is an event where it's hard for running backs to show out in this event because there's not live tackling, right, So in all of the context of that, Yarn showed exactly what he needed to seth He showed he could be a pass game weapon in the NFL possibly. So you're talking about a running back coming from FCS with the size, with the skills that he does possess. I think this really helped him, dude, Like, instead of being a priority UDFA, I think a team is gonna take a swing with him in round five or round six of the NFL Draft to avoid that UDFA bidding war. So it was a great week for Marcus Jarns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seemed to be great as you mentioned in those pass catching one on one drills. Also showed a little bit of burst in that zone running scheme down there Inmobile as well, So I think you'll definitely appeal to some teams potentially get on the draft board in the first seven rounds. So excited about that, and you actually got to catch up with him in an interview. Let's take a look at that.
Speaker 3: Is darre Brown here with Fantasy Bros. Talking to Marcus Yarn's running back from Delaware. Marcus, you've been crushing dudes in one on ones and all the pass game drills this week. What do you want to continue to show in the draft process to tell teams that you can be at three down not only a three down back, but a pass game weapon in the NFL?
Speaker 4: Just to continued on working and winning my one on ones, as you said, and the team just being able to find space and get open.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, we consider and talk about all the good things you've had so far this week, Man for forever, but what's one area of your game that really you feel like you got to continue to get better at as you're going to the NFL to really make the most of your career.
Speaker 4: I say, past Bro, just being able to stick my face in there and not only handle the pressure but win the rep.
Speaker 2: You know, definitely, man, keep balling brother, all right.
Speaker 1: Number nine on our winners list is Nebra tight end Thomas fadon the Corncuskers been pretty middle of the road in the Big Ten the last couple of years, even with Matt Ruhle hired there. Faddon doesn't really have the biggest production profile coming out of school, despite being the former top tight end in this recruiting class. He missed all of twenty twenty two with an injury. He had just over six hundred yards in his entire career of receiving, failed to score a touchdown twenty twenty four, despite the presence of true freshman quarterback Dylan Ryola. However, that didn't stop him from standing out in Mobile. We're your biggest takeaways on him, Debro, I mean.
Speaker 3: Dude, I and I'll be absolutely transparent about this seth. Like with Fiddon, I didn't know a lot about his game entering Mobile because there's certain guys that, like, we don't have the chance to or at least I don't have access to All twenty two film for some of these guys, So it's like, you know, I'm unable to write a full scouting report up even guys where I've got like one game of All twenty two, that's not enough to really write up a player's full because you don't want to make sweeping judgments about one freaking game, twelve routes, twenty routes that a player has, or like a handful of blocking snaps. So fiddon. I walked into Mobile and I was like, I really he's he's a black box prospect. I don't know what we're going to get out of him. The analytical profile wasn't amazing looking at like in his collegiate career, four point zero yak per reception. That's not amazing, one point three to one yards per up run. But from madone, what we saw a Mobile was that receiving upside, Like he moved really well.
Speaker 2: And for a guy.
Speaker 3: That I talked about this one in the micro episodes four Senior Bowl in the recap episodes of he was built like a freaking pterodactyl dude. Like I swear that guy could bend over and tie his freaking shoes without barely even like trying to bend down. He just I mean, he looked like a unit. He moved well in and out of his brakes, the length showed up. He was snagging a ton of passes outside of his body frame. He looked really good in one oh one so in a deep tight end class, Fidon helped himself up. I'm not telling you that he's gonna standout and he's like other players were gonna get to here where they improve their stock, they're going to be a top fifty, a top sixty pick. Sure, I don't think that's the case for Fedon, but tell me that, like if no word to ask me, Okay, is he a guy that improved himself from round five, round six to maybe if a team falls in love with him from what they saw immobile, maybe he goes to the back end of round four, top of round five. I definitely could see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely saw him kind of more of a blocking tight end coming in that. That's really I feel like where Nebraska was utilizing him a lot, So great to see him kind of put that narrative to bed. And overall, as you mentioned, kind of really deep tight end class. You you think maybe potential to be a Day two pick, but probably still in that that day three mix, day.
Speaker 3: Three, I think day three, I think the middle of day three is and this is assuming he tests okay, Like I think obviously he's got the size and the measurables more of a build up, skit speed type of guy, but long strider, Like, do look like a damn gazelle out there? I mean, so I won't be surprised, you know, looking just at the analytical profile, like I was like, Okay, maybe he's like a four A guy. I won't be surprised if he runs in the four sevens.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, Okay. That's great to hear man and always great to have these tight ends that you can kind of throw dart throws at the end of your rookie drafts, maybe grab off free agency after the fact. Like I've stashed a ton of guys over the years, and sometimes you get like an AJ Barner who kind of just sits there for you a couple of years. But sometimes you get a Tucker Craft. So good to keep swinging it in the tight end market there before we keep it moving. I did want to remind our audience that if you want a chance to win a signed Aaron Jones autographed Vikings jersey for free Curtsey our friends over at Pristine Auction dot com, all you need to do is head to fancypros dot com slash contest, complete the form in either a download the Fancy Pros my playbook app b leave a review for the podcast or see falls on x, Instagram or TikTok at Fantasy Pros. The more actions you complete, the more entries are going to receive, and we'll be announcing a winner right here on the podcast. So if you're watching on YouTube, please subscribe and turn on those notifications so you can be alerted when new episodes are up and to claim your prize. Next up, the first of two Iowa state wide receivers that attended the Senior Bowl. Jayden Higgins, who led the Cyclones this season in receptions with eighty seven on his way to nearly twelve hundred yards nine touchdowns. Former Juco transfer listed at six four, two fifteen, so big guy in the game itself. We saw him catch a touchdown on the halfback pass from Ollie Gordon. But what did you see him during practice debro that caught your eye?
Speaker 3: So Higgins, I would have loved to have put higher on this list, But we're gonna talk about his game and be real about what happened to mobile. Okay, the parts of his game that I love. He showed in spades that he has all those skills and while Brett and I did not talk about Jayden Higgins going into Mobile. That was not a lack of love on my part for Jayden Higgins. I love Jaydon Higgins for the player that he is now. Seeing him in person do was rocked up. He was leaner than I thought he was gonna be as looking as you know. You're profiling him in that physical X receiver role in the NFL, and I think he fully can play that. But the things that about jadenon higgins game that I love that we saw him ball out and show himmobile was his ability to get inside leverage on inbreakers, the short area of quickness on inbreakers outbreakers, like to run out routes at that size, and getting early in late separation as well as bro if you're at that size and you run a damn whip route and you snap it off and you get separation like that at that size, if you can run a crisp whip route, you not only have my attention, sir, you now peaked my curiosity. So with Jane Higgins, all of those parts of his game I knew going into Mobile he could do those things. The parts of his game that I didn't see him really put that exclamation point on were perimeter getting deep? And some of this is also the format, like how much of these guys getting asked to you know, run go balls, run deep overs, run posts and stuff. But in the limited reps I got to see that I still didn't get some of those questions answered by Jaye Higgins's game, So what I've loved to put him higher on this list. Yes, So really this week was more of a not an exclamatory answering of questions about parts of his game that I wasn't sure. I think that those are questions that still kind of persist. But the parts of his game that I loved entering Mobile, I mean stamp and approval. If you put this guy in a slant god Michael Thomas role, like I put this out on X before we even went to Mobile. If he goes to Denver and you stick him into an empty two point zero role, He's going to freaking dominate from day one, depending on the role that a team asked him to do. If you ask him to go play fifty to fifty, play big slot, win on end breakers, just eat dudes up underth slot corners, linebackers that either players are not big enough to handle your size and your strength right or they can't handle your speed or both. He is going to crush and a player that I don't think that is gonna go in like round obviously, not round one. I don't think he's probably gonna go in round two of the NFL draft. But if a team gets him in round three and ask them to play in that type of role, he is going to find a role in an NFL offense and could be a wide receiver two in an NFL team based off of what I thought saw in his game going into mobile and what he proved about his game that those things are real and he won against really good competition while doing it.
Speaker 1: And how many guys have we seen coming to the league and it feels like they just find their niche as that slot wide receiver who can kind of take advantage of some nickel cornerbacks which are always seeming to come and go in the NFL. Doesn't feel like that. We always have like necessarily great nickel cornerbacks. I know Cooper Degene out there is playing that position really really well right now, but traditionally it's where you put you know, your least productive cornerback or you maybe get like a Mike Hillton, this kind of specialist in that position who kind of lives there throughout his career. But yeah, yeah, I'm really excited for Higgins. Seems like a well spoken guy and you actually got a chance to meet up with him after one of the practices. So just let's hear what what he had to say to you.
Speaker 3: Derrick Brand are fantasy pro is talking to Jade Higgins and Jail Noo boys, y'all stacked days at the day's solid practices coming into this week. What parts are your games you want to highlight to the coaches and everybody, really.
Speaker 5: Just continuing to win at the line of scrimmage. I felt like I did a great job at that at the earlier part of one on ones, using my hands, being able to stack the defenders and continuing to get out of my brakes clean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say the biggest thing, of course, the reason why we're out here is, you know, to run routes and show our abilities in that case, and then really just to compete against the top guys that we might have not seen during the season and just go at them.
Speaker 3: So do or die man one catch you gotta have a time. What is your favorite route to run and why.
Speaker 5: I would say, if it's short distance, I'm picking a choice for I like to lean on my intelligence of the game, understand the coverage I'm gonna get and whether I'm getting man, whether I'm getting zones in and coverags, and if we just got to go take the top off.
Speaker 2: I'm running a corner post.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like guys can stay with me.
Speaker 2: And you were crushing guys today in that route too. Man.
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, I would just say that fade ball in the red zone. You know, if you gotta have it, last second touchdown.
Speaker 2: And just throw it up.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to make a play, size baby. Crush people and Ambreakers boys keep crushing all right?
Speaker 1: Moving forward, Your number seven winner from the Senior Bowl is another tight end l us Use, Mason Taylor and Dee bro. You might not know this about me, but I love fading Brian Kelly teams during the college football season. It pays off every year. It's my favorite thing.
Speaker 2: They finish.
Speaker 1: Look, dude, I mean I guess the dude, I mean just from the vibes.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that at first? What was it a TikTok that he posted with one of the players, and you're like, yes, get out of here, but this is the cringiest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Like, yeah, so I'm with you. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Talk about a guy who needs like SPF two down there. I feel like he's always burnt red too said he couldn't win it. Notre Dame goes down to LSU and you know, same situation.
Speaker 3: That an accent anyway, good.
Speaker 1: Yes, Taylor is a guy who has had consistent production all three years in college. Our pal Ray Garvin also liked what he saw, put out a video on his YouTube channel saying that he could be the next George Kittle. Do you have similar thoughts on Taylor leaving Mobile.
Speaker 3: I'm not that high on Mason Taylor. Okay, I'm gonna keep it a buck here, Okay, Okay. I like Mason Taylor, and I think he again a guy that proved the parts.
Speaker 2: Of his game.
Speaker 3: I'll say this about Mason Taylor. I'm lower than consensus on Mason Taylor. I like him as a player. Said, let's not get this twisted. Okay, let's let's keep it real here. I am lower on him than probably consensus. Like I've seen other people out there in the space, whether it's media and such, talking about him as a top maybe a first round player. I do not think he's that. I also don't think that he's probably a top fifty. If you were to tell me he goes the back into the second round, I think it's a little bit spicy. I think he's more likely a third round tight end for me. As far as like where he goes in the NFL draft, That's where I'm going to grade him because I look at Mason Taylor and I think what he showed him Mobile is about what I think the best outcome that he could have given people, because if you look at the analytical profile, it's it's not great seth Like I'm I'm not trying to tear the kid down, but let's just keep it honest here. Like in the three the last three years in college, he never finished higher than thirty six in receiving grade in any season, never higher than sixty third in yards per route run. Those things matter. And I know, if you know, everybody's not a nerd in the spreadsheets, and we're all talking about film and what he did in Mobile I think he really helped himself in mobile because I think Mason Taylor can be a solid, solid, middle of the roads starting tight end in the NFL. My questions about his game are, how much is the athletic upside going to limit his ceiling in the NFL? Like I think all the things that you want to I want to say, a complimentary weapon, but like a middle of the road tight end of any starting a starting caliber, middle of the road tight end in the NFL. You want a guy that can beat zone coverage being underneath weapon, maybe your third fourth option in a passing attack. He might not be and Mason Taylor is not this guy. I don't think that he's gonna create a ton of broken tackles, a ton of yak. We didn't see that even in college. He had no more than five missed tackles in any season in college, no more than five point four yards per reception after the catch in his collegiate career. So I think in that instance, with the athletic cup stuff, like, I think he probably runs like a high four to seven. That's kind of my cutoff for baseline athleticism to be viable for fantasy. But in the NFL circles. I think he's gonna hit the ground running. He could block, he could play on all three downs. He is a really solid underneath weapon. Does he Does he have the raw speed where you're gonna ask him to stretch the seam a ton not? Really? Can he get open versus his own coverage? Did he do that Mobile? Did he do that in one on ones? Yes? And the guy has freaking glue on his hands, like he catches everything that showed out in his tape that showed out at Mobile. So I think if we're gonna be honest with ourselves about what his ceiling is and what type of player he is, I think he is going to be a trusted weapon in an NFL passing attack. But more is a third or fourth option that the quarterbacks like, we need third and five, we need third and six. A guy to go convert underneath. Then, yes, messy Tamer's gonna be great for your offense. But do I think that he has the ceiling of a George Kittle whatever upper echelon tight end, Mark Andrews, what have you? And people will talk about Okay, but he's only twenty years old. I don't care about that. Like, Okay, fine, can his game have different evolutions? Sure? Is he still gonna be cap based off of the athleticism and from what I've seen out of his game in college. Yes, Like I'm not trying to tear these kids down, but I'm just trying to We cannot go into every and this is I don't want to get off from too much out of the tangent.
Speaker 2: It's a set.
Speaker 3: But like my biggest thing about it is you cannot go through every NFL draft cycle and prospects cycle and say every single guy is going to be a superstar and a monster in the NFL because it's just not true. Like if that was the case, the entire NFL would be littered with with all pros and that's not reality. So while I'm not trying to tear the kid down and say, Okay, he's not going to do all these things, I appreciate his game for what his game is and what he can be in the NFL. So I like Mason Taylor. He actually came I came away from Mobile thinking that he was a better player after being a Mobile then maybe I before we going before going to Mobile, I came away from that that entire week with the better appreciation for his game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, dude, like that's okay, right, Like this is okay because in the NFL, you neique guys like a Mike is SICKI or like a Jake Ferguson, who they're just safety valves or are you gonna gameplay in your entire offense around them. Well maybe you're Brian Schottenheim or you do. But that's a different conversation for a different show.
Speaker 2: But hey, that's head coach Brian.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, okay, yes, sir. Absolutely, Jerry's gonna get your mentions. Okay, that's all right. I'm ready for Jerry. And but like that's that's the thing with Mason Taylor, right, And that's the thing with a lot of these tight ends. It's like sometimes you just need a guy who can go out. He can catch the ball when he's thrown to him, he can have glue on his hands and and pick up the first down. But he's not gonna be the next generational prospect at the tight end because like, look, I mean even Kyle Pitts wasn't. And we thought Kyle Pitts was. I mean, I don't know about you. I at least was highunk Kyle Pitts coming into that that what was that twenty twenty drafts? So yeah, I'm with Jon Taylor. I think he could be a solid NFL prospect, but nothing that's really I think moving the needle for me as far as elite upside in the NFL.
Speaker 3: YEP agreed.
Speaker 1: Before we keep it moving, I did want to remind everyone to check out Reality Sports Online. You've probably already heard about them. They're the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL GM. But the question is here, have you tried it yet? It's time to go see what all the buzz is about in the dynasty community. Free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, extensions, first round rookie options, There's so much more you can check out on the Reality Sports Online platform. Think it sounds complicated, it's really not. And the best thing about it is that it really is taking no more time than a standard league. It just requires a little bit more strategy. So think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is the platform to test your metal. Still not sure you can test out the general manager skills for free in a mock draft free agency auction and if you'll like what you see, please use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. Again, that's promo code Fansy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. Fantasy just got real at Reality sports online dot Com. Debro's number six winner is a man who's all over the internet this past week. Bowling Green tight end Harrold fannin Junior He was a top one hundred player coming in the season, but blew away expectations. The dudes in absolute menace. Consensus All American MAC Offensive Player of the Year, led the MAC and the country in receptions with one hundred and seventeen. Also led the country in receiving yards with over fifteen hundred yards. This is a tight end and this is a player that I'm very familiar with Debro because he cooked my Penn State and in allions they couldn't stop him earlier this season. Did he live up to the hype and the billing at Senior Bowl.
Speaker 3: So I will say this considering the hype that it was around fanning. I think that he answered a lot of questions, and I like his game a ton. I think he is a winner in this. Did I walk into Mobile thinking he had elite upside in terms of quickness, athleticism, receiving utility, considering the career numbers that he put up, I mean, like Seth, like, let's not mince words here, bro, I mean like, we're talking about a tight end that, over the last two collegiate seasons, has ranked first and third in yards per route run, has been first in receiving grade, has also been top five and miss tackles forced amongst all collegiate fps tight ends with twenty or more targets. So the numbers speak for themselves, and I'm not trying to downgrade the kid what I saw in his game of Mobile. My questions entering the week of Senior Bowl was is he a really good receiver? Yes? Does he have the most athletic upside that you pair with these gaudy no. When I'm watching his film, I thought, Okay, this is a guy that a lot of the route nuance that he plays, that he utilizes in routes, his footwork specifically makes up or cures a lot of what ails him as far as just raw speed. So for me with Fan and I really wanted to see this week going against better competition coming from Bowling Green is one. Can he be a dude out there? Can he dominate practices to at least in the same area code, Maybe not to the exact effect that he did with Bowling Green, where it was like, if you're playing Bowling Green, you know you're gonna get one heaping dose of hero Fan and Junior. Can you stop him? We shall see?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: But inmobile against better competition, rep after rep after rep, and he's facing guys that are better than anything he possibly faced at all during his entire collegiate career at Bowling Green, can he still win? And he did? Seth. So, I don't think that Harold Fannon goes out and he runs like a four or five. I think he's probably likely a high four to six guy, low four sevens, probably low four sevens. I think he tests it probably extremely well, if not just checks the baseline stuff in the short area agility. But the things that I wanted to see out of his game, Seth are does that route nuance and the way that he runs routes and the foot work that he uses. Can he still get open against this better competition at this All Star Game? And he did? Was he always the smoothest guy in one on ones? Did he always looked great gearing down dropping his hips? No, But through the entirety of three days of practice, he won enough seth and did it in a manner that it was convincing enough to me be like, Okay, his game is gonna train the NFL.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: We might have questions about his blocking and his ability to play on all three downs, and you're looking at him as a prospect, you're saying, Okay, he's going to cash his checks in the NFL as a receiver. We know that that's what's going to have to carry the day for Harold Fannin. And especially we're not talking about a prospect that's like in the two high two forties, low two fifties. So looking at a tight end that's going to play at his weight class, that at his size and has his skill set. I think he proved enough to where he can be a Day three pick for a team and come in and earn more reps and maybe carve out that receiving specific role in an NFL offense that we want, and that really is going to be the best use of his skills and block well enough to allow him to function in the role that is best going to serve him because he's gonna cash his checks based off of what he does in the passing game for every NFL team. Let's not get this twisted. This is not a guy that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Is he going to be in line twelve personnel blocking tight end? Okay, maybe he takes the Josh Oliver route in the NFL and he becomes better at blocking as he goes through his career. Fine, but that's not where he is gonna what he's gonna get drafted to do. That's not where the NFL teams need to be asking him to do. And I think he proved all the parts of his ability as a receiver to say, if a team wants to take him and they say, we have a design and we have a role that we want you to do, and can you come earn more and maybe be that three down guy and block just well enough to substantiate all the things that you do for us in the passing game. Yes, he proved that.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I'm not surprised he did prove that because when he went up against better competition like Penn State, like Texas A and M. He had a big game against Texas A and M and the Aggies out defense as well. He proved himself. So I'm not surprised by this. And you know we can power rank G five conferences another de bro, But I really like the MAC I watch a lot of mac ball. I love midweek maction when we get later in the season as well. And I think like, aside from the Mountain West, the MAX probably the best G five conference in the country, so I don't downgrade him a ton from coming out of that conference. And I really liked what he did in the game. He made a really athletic play in the Senior Bowl game where he tight rope the sideline, extended for the pylon, got six for his team. So I really liked Fannin. I know a lot of people had him actually like as they're tight end one or two I've seen out there. You know, it was spicy with some hot favor Bowl before Senior Bowl, before Senior Bowl.
Speaker 3: So he's not he's not like I like. I like the kid and I'm not shading him. I like his utility and I like what he can do possibly for an NFL team. Should he be tight in one of this class?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Should he be tight in two of this class? No, he wasn't even tight. And I'll just I'll be honest with it. He wasn't even tighten one in Mobile. Well, there's a guy we're going to talk about here later. The show that wore that crown. The entire freaking week never took it off that. If you're ranking Fan and above him for even senior ball this week much less than your prospect rankings walking out of this, that really feels like you're just trying to confirm your priors and you're not doing justice to the reality of what happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well you actually caught up with with Harold fannin junior the Bowling Green tight end at Mobile. So let's go ahead and run that.
Speaker 3: Derry Brown with Fantasy is talking to Harold Fan and junior tight end from Bowling Green. Dude, you just capped off two fantastic seasons and a wonderful career in college. How are you trying to manage expectations as you transition to the NFL right now, I wouldn't say.
Speaker 7: Like have like any type of expectations for myself.
Speaker 2: Just go out there and just prove it to my soul.
Speaker 3: Really absolutely, And I mean you've bet stack and solid day after solid day here in Senior Bowl and mobile. What is the part of your game both you want to highlight to coaches here and in the NFL draft process.
Speaker 7: I really want to highlight my catch it and I want to highl my block, and I want I want them to note I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna like to more of a complete side end. I can also block.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, gotta have it premium down third and seven. Game on the line. What route are you running? And why game on the line. I'm going deep running the fade. Man.
Speaker 2: I feel like I play a lot of basketball. You just gotta go up and go get it. Let's go baby. Hey, I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Staging at number five. It's Utah state wide receiver Jalen Royals, one of the players that Deebro was most excited to see heading into the week. He's another former JUCO transfer who went for fifty five receptions, eight hundred plus yards and sixty d's this past season. Also this was after a twenty twenty three season where he led the Mountain West and was second in the entire country with fifteen receiving touchdowns. Did you see everything you wanted out of Royals this past week?
Speaker 2: Debro?
Speaker 3: I didn't see everything, and I'm gonna get I'm gonna give context about this. Getting a chance to sit down and talk to him at Mobile Media Day was awesome and to give full context about this seth MN Royals. Everything he did in Mobile, he was not one hundred percent. He was dealing with an inn down there. This was something we kind of speculated everybody in the media watching from the stands watching Jimen Royals run his routes in mobile and stuff, kind of grabbing at one of his legs and we're like, bro, is he dealing with a hammy?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Has he got something else going on? Like? Is it a calf? Is what's going on? I didn't get in particulars with Jalen Royal, So I'm not going to sit here and spit stuff that's not that I don't know. But talking to him in Mobile, he admitted, like, look like I'm dealing with some stuff. I'm not one hundred percent. It wasn't the way that we flavored the conversation like it wasn't. I don't think that it was his foot bothering him. So like everybody knowing that his final collegiate season got cut short by a foot injury, I don't think it was his foot that was giving him the issue. Don't have full like transparency, like I wasn't like, hey is it her hammy like points you know that wasn't the case, but ye, keeping at a buck here, like he was not one hundred percent in mobile and the things out of Jalen Royals like off the tape, his immediate speed was not there and mobile, okay, we didn't see that, but he wasn't healthy. So the thing that I really want to highlight here seth and really bang home for people is that this kid went out there and gutted it through mobile practice to show parts of his game. And I think the things that we walk away from Mobile is a better understanding that this kid is a better route runner than I think a lot of people gave him credit walking into that week because not being one hundred percent, not having that type of like if you watch his film, he has got special acceleration and burst after the kids rack threat for days. You put the ball in his hands and just watch him freaking out run people. And so we weren't able to see that in Mobile because he's not healthy. What we did see Seth is a better release package than a lot of people give him better understanding of in his routes, getting leverage on inbreakers, outbreakers, winning from a route running and tactician standpoint and not just off of his raw measurables. And to me, what I walked away with that type of context, I was like, Dude, this kid's better than I thought he was. Like I walked into him like into Mobile, like high on his game based off a one assa off the tape. But then you go match him up against any corners that are better than anything he faced a freaking Utah state and he's still winning. Seth not fully healthy, not able to draw upon his speed. And you saw that in certain reps where they asked him to go run a go ball, go run a deep route, go win on the perimeter, and it's like, based off of the route type he's running, he couldn't get on top of the guy to stack him to win the rep. But if he was fully healthy. Maybe we're talking about a different story here, but the ones where he was able to use that type of grit, that type of intelligence as a player and say I'm gonna set you up. I'm gonna use this release that I'm gonna go this way, and I'm gonna use the abilities that have as a wide receiver, both my physical strength and my upper body to beat man press, to win inside leverage, and to win these reps even if I don't have my speed to draw upon. This week, I walked out of this week in mobile seth feeling like this dude is a better player than people give him credit for. As a route runner, he has more upside because of those parts of his game that he showed as a tactician. Now you pair this. If he's fully freaking healthy with that type of speed, dude, somebody's gonna draft him in the third or fourth round, probably the fourth round of the NFL draft, considering you can't do helmet scouting. He's gonna come out of Utah State. Yeah, we don't know if he's gonna be able to fully test. I think he will be healthy enough to test, but will he test and stuff like that to help kind of boost his stock or not is a question. Some team is going to get a steal on him if they draft him in the round FO the NFL Draft, and I'm telling you right now, he is going to be a steal right now.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing I like what you're saying is I really thought coming into this process that he was more of like a home run hitter type of wide receiver, kind of remind like a Jalen Hyatt in his final year back at Tennessee. Was just a guy you could go to when you needed a big play. But there are reports coming out that even while he was banged up those first two days, some reporters are saying he didn't lose a single rep in one on ones winning Baby, you gotta love that man, and like the fact that he was out there gritting it out. Like to me, as someone who I've been around the Steelers organization for a long time, following this team and I've seen diva wide receivers like this stuff matters to me and it shows me like, hey, you got some grit and you're willing to go out there and not play at one hundred percent. So I love that. Where do you think he kind of fits into your rookie wide receiver rankings. And also kind of on that note, is he maybe someone we could maybe take a long shot on to run the fastest forty at the combine for the wide receiver position or do you think maybe he doesn't have quite that speed coming off the injury.
Speaker 3: Coming off the injury, I don't know if he hits that type of mark. Okay, I think he probably runs like in the four fours. Now do I think like timed game speed, miles per hour, stuff like that, does he maybe have four to three speed? I think it's possible. But considering, you know, trying to get to back to one hundred percent now dealing with something that I'm guessing as a soft tissue issue, is he able to train enough to do that? We shall see, dude. I just think the big thing that we all need to come away from is is if you're in the middle rounds of a dynasty of rickiy draft, you need to be circling his name. I'm that we're close to finalizing, like, okay, prospect rankings as of right now, because I got to get to the top end of this class like I started with all the Senior Bowl guys, and now I'm getting to the top end of this class, which you know foreshadowing later this week we're gonna be talking ball with our dude Ray Garvin about quarterbacks. So getting in or breaking into that top end of the class. But so I don't know where he's going to follow my prosper rankings. What I will promise you those seth I will be above consensus on Jalen Royals.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I'll hold you to that. And you did allude to actually getting to talk with Royals after one of the practices, So here's that for the fine people.
Speaker 3: Derek Branny with Fantasy Pros talking to Jaalen Royal, wide receiver out of Utah State. Jalen, you've been crushing it this week in practice, man, I know you probably not one hundred percent, see the grab it at the leg and stuff like that. How are you still going to win off the line for the rest of the week in those corner and one on one matchups even if you're not fully one hundred percent, Just you know, give.
Speaker 7: Him all, you know, just tie the main reason you know, while I hear so probably just know fin into the pin and just just keep going.
Speaker 2: So coming from a small school man.
Speaker 3: I know that, like with the injury cutting your season short, you really want to ball out. What is a part of your game that you really want to highlight the NFL teams this week, Pibly is my right running.
Speaker 7: I feel like overall it's probably the best thing that I have. And my release is too. I feel like my right running getting it out of my breaks.
Speaker 3: Yep, you put on a show today with that split release. Man got physical, got the inside leverage on him. Looking to the NFL, you need a first down. You got to get that that have to play to get a touchdown or score at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: What route are you going to probably is carl out.
Speaker 7: I love the car routes, throwing them by at the top of the rout It's probably my favorite out run a couple of them, you know, at the the one on one.
Speaker 2: So good week, brother, Appreciate you man.
Speaker 1: All right, let's keep it moving with another Senior Bowl winner SMU running back Brichard Smith, who was known much more as a receiving back in his three seasons at Miami, had just eighteen carries through those three seasons, but sixty nine receptions. You then transferred to SMU, the Mustangs go on this historic run. They finished second, the ACC advanced to the College Football Playoff. Smith not only led the team with thirteen hundred plus rushing yards and fourteen touchdowns, but he was also still a safety valve four quarterback Kevin Jennings thirty nine receptions for him this past year, three hundred yards, four touchdowns. Deebro was this dual threat skill set on display down Inbile.
Speaker 3: He crushed Seth and So for everybody that's not fully aware because we didn't talk about him in the preview episode to the Senior Bowl, for everybody that's not fully aware about Breshard Smith's game, he was actually a slot receiver at the u uh SO Miami University for two to three seasons before transferring to SMU and going to running back full time. So only one year is a full time running back. Dude showed out in Mobile like what you wanted to see. And I think the best way that I can wrap this with a bo Seth Brochard Smith had the type of week in Mobile that I was hoping Devin Neil had. He crushed in one on ones. He was routing up dudes for days. Looks silky smooth, and this is a guy that, like you could use him as a pass game weapon. And that's the things that we should all take away from this. Like in the NFL, I think Burschard Smith did himself a ton of favors. Not only like, is the NFL going away from saying, Okay, you're not two hundred, so we're not gonna feel good about giving you ten to twelve carries a game. Okay, multiple running backs in the last few years seth Kyron Williams staring at you, Bucky Irving last year staring at you.
Speaker 2: The NFL is.
Speaker 3: Saying we're willing to give these guys that maybe previous years or previous draft class and now we talk about running back prospects and saying, well, they're not two hundred pounds, they're not to ten. Are they gonna get the volume? And is an NFL team gonna trust him to hold up to that type of workload. NFL's changing, dude, and we're seeing that, like there are multiple running backs that are busting that mold. Yeah, Shard Smith could be the next guy to do so. Man, like he crushed at Immobile when all like I didn't see the guy lose a rep in one on one receiving drills at all. Didn't see him lose a single freaking rep on the carries. And this is something I want to highlight here. But again going back to context, there's not tackling in these eleven on eleven, seven on sevens, So having running backs in this type of format, and Brent and I alluded the in the preview episode, it's harder for running backs to stand out. I'm gonna tell everybody right now, I don't give a damn if they had tackling or if it was freaking flag football two hand touch, it didn't matter if we're playing flashlight tag. Nobody was catching Burshard Smith on some of the carries that he got in Mobile. Dude, the vision he showed, the ability, the second level burst that he showed Immobile. I don't give a crap at people. We had live tackling. There are some of these runs and nobody was touching him. Man, so everything we wanted to And I'll go back to this and hammer this again. Seth he had the week that I was hoping Devin Neil would have had, and I think he did a ton of favors. And again somebody that people you're not gonna if you're in rookie dynasty drafts, you're not gonna have to draft in considering the depth of this class, probably even in the second round of your rookie drafts. Yeah, I'm going to be trying to grab a ton of thirds in all of my rookie drafts to get a lot of these players that we are talking about ear late second for a lot of these dudes we're talking about in this episode, and but Shart Smith's gonna be one of them.
Speaker 1: Well, And the funny thing about Smith and kind of the way you painted him is like he kind of reminds this slender New style running back. And you know, he actually was in an interview with our guy Ray and he said that he watches a lot of Devon h Chan, James Cook, and Alvin Kamara, which I think are three of the closer comps. I mean, Alvin Kamar is a little bit bigger, I think than a lot of people give him credit for. But you know, kind of this similar style of running back. So do you see him being more than just a Day three NFL draft pick, Because, as you allude to, this is the most loaded running back class we've seen in twenty plus years coming into the league.
Speaker 3: I don't think he fought. I don't think he gets out of Day three. I think he's gonna go somewhere in day three. Now we can all, you know, fight and posture about whether that's round four or five or six or what have you. I think he does go on day three, just based two things. Won the depth of this running back class, and two when you come out of a smaller school like SMU, it's really hard because you'll see some guys that go higher in the NFL draft, just based off of If Richard's put it this way, if Brishard Smith would have gone to an SEC school and did what he did in his final year, I think maybe you're talking about higher. Maybe if he catches a lot of steam because of the small school, because of the wide receiver, goes to running back and things like that. And you add on top of this, he subbed two hundred pounds. I think that's going to probably bump him too, the back of round four, probably a round five guy in the NFL draft.
Speaker 2: Okay, but is that pushing me off.
Speaker 3: Of Brishard Smith. No, it's it's really not, dude, like, I think he's a guy that is going to enter the NFL and earn an RB two spot in my com for him. Just to so people can kind of wrap their heads around this. I think Burchard Smith is everything that people were hoping Kenny Gainwell would be.
Speaker 1: Ooh, okay, all right. I like that cut. I also like the deep cut of flashlight tag. We called it spotlight up here in Pennsylvania. I don't know about you, but I was like the camper. I was the camper. I was gonna climb a tree. You're just like I was gonna have eyes on the field, eyes on the field, but you weren't finding me. I don't know if that was your strategy to debro, but I was.
Speaker 3: I was out there like like like like all with the flashlights did.
Speaker 2: I was like, nobody's getting me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get you first of these slash lights.
Speaker 2: Bro No.
Speaker 3: I was playing Kamakazi style, dude.
Speaker 2: I love it, love it.
Speaker 1: Before we move on, I just wanted to remind everyone to please join our Fantasy pros Discord community. You can chat with other fans and get access to exclusive amas that wind up on our podcast feed. Come get your questions answered and be on the show at fantasypros dot Com slash chat. We have three prospects left on Deebro's winners list, and perhaps nobody bigger than Senior Bowl MVP TCU wide receiver Jack Besh, who caught a game winning touchdown until six receptions for sixty eight yards in the game. This came just a month after his brother tragically died in the New Orleans New Year's Day attack. So hats off to Besch for coming out and wearing his heart on his sleeve with that. Debro, I got to give credit where it to due. You were high on him, seemingly a guy who kind of came out of nowhere this past year. Sixty two receptions over one thousand yards, nine touchdowns at TCU. However, we weren't sure if he'd only work with wide receivers are also tight ends. So what did you learn about Besh this past week?
Speaker 3: Dude as a dog, I mean we talked about this going into the process, going into mobile like he plays with that type of intensity. He was an amazing and we're gonna roll the clip after we get done talking about mister Besh, but he was an amazing interview just inspiring guy. I mean, and let's give real, real context here. I mean, like you're talking about a guy that went to Mobile, was still there, was working his tail off, trying to do whatever he can to sit here and improve his stock for the NFL draft, played inspire football, and it just really I mean, took home in the NBA. He honors for the game, and was one of the best players for the wide receivers the entire freaking week. And he did all of this. Dude, his I mean, it hasn't even been a month since his brother passed, and it's just I can't even imagine mustering the heart and the wherewithal to not only go out there and do all of this, whether you know your career is on your line, and this is one of the biggest job interviews that you'll ever have in your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we can all talk.
Speaker 3: About okay, yeah, well, I mean the NFL prospect he should be doing all these things. Dude, Let's not get a twisted manlike to still go out there and do it after having that type of devastating loss in your family, and to do it the way that he did, I mean, hats off to him, man, Like he He crushed the entire process. He crushed the entire week. If we weren't talking about freaking the number two guy on this list that we're going to talk about next, it was Jack Besh all freaking week. These top three guys on this list, we were talking about them all week, and all Jack Besh did was win seth. He won on from the slot, he won from the perimeter, He won as a field stretcher. He won in contested situations. And I don't think Jack Besh is a player that's going to go out and just light the world on fire. When we talk about testing and stuff like that, right, I think it probably runs like a four to six. And how I was viewing him as a player was I was like, Okay, if this guy weighs in like close to two thirty, are we talking about a guy that from the lens of looking at his skills because the first year at LSU he was a tight end Do we really need to see him more in that tight end lens? And what does that look like? Jack Besh weighed in under two twenty. He is one hundred and fifty percent without question a wide receiver and can win did win as a wide receiver. So also I'm going to have to go amend my ride up for him in as we move forward for prospect stuff because I don't see him moving back to tight end. I don't think he should move back to tight end. He proved immobile if anybody had a question, without a doubt, he can win and did win as a wide receiver. I think you're looking at a guy that he is going to be an outside of everything in his personal life that we've talked about here and people have talked about in the media and stuff. I think outside of all of that, you're also getting a guy that is an instant culture fit for every single NFL locker room. We will be lucky to get this guy based off of his tenacity. He is willing to stick his freaking nose in there and block his butt off every single snap. I am a huge fan of Jack Besh. I will be drafting him in Dynasty, and I will be rooting for this kid in the NFL every single Sunday. Well.
Speaker 1: And that's the great thing about this process is we can take our former opinions that we learned from the college production or the college tape, and we can refine that That's what the senior Bull's all about, right, It's taking some of these X factors, these variables out of the mix and putting the guys on the field against him of the top competition in the country. And Jack Best seemed to prove himself this past week. Is he still a Day three pick for you? Or do you think he's maybe moved the needle enough to go to Day two because the tough, hard nose blocker, that's something I know a lot of teams could use across the NFL. I mean, Mac Collins made an absolute pay check this past year being that guy for the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: I'll say this, if he tests like I think he can test, and I'm saying okay, if he runs a four to six and his short area agility is good. If he runs okay, let's put it this way, if he runs on the high four fives, I think he can get into that. If he runs in the four fives, you could see him sneaking into Day two and go him round three. If he runs in the four sixes and the testing and the short area stuff is okay but not great, yeah, he probably falls into Round four of the NFL Draft. I think he's right there on the cusp though, Seth, he did himself a ton of favors, Whereas like, I think a lot of NFL teams probably looking at him, and again like I don't have I'm not in NFL front offices, but in my estimation, I kind of guessed he was going to be a late round four, maybe round five guy Dring Senior Bowl. I think coming out of Senior Bowl with the steam, with everything that he not only showled in the game but in practice. And I'm sure he crushed the interviews because the kid's awesome. And considering all of that, I think he did himself a lot of favors. But I think you're looking at probably round three. The middle or later part of round three is probably a ceiling.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's see if Jack Besh can move his way into that Day two conversation. And here's a clip from Deebro's conversation with him.
Speaker 3: Derek Browner with Fantasy is talking to Jack Besh wide receiver out at TCU. Jack, first of all, you're a dog. He bounces off your film as soon as you turn it on. You're in pass bro Hunter and fifteen percent every single rep how many rebels you chuck in pregame? Man, Like, what's the pregame rich will look like? To get yourself up that motor high every single snap throughout the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just me. I don't do.
Speaker 8: I got just natural caffeine in my buttn't. I don't get caffeine from any other places. So it's just what my body runs off. But my pregame routine is I pray to God before every game nights before the game. I have a priest too, I says it prayer with me before games. You know, I'll listen to some soothing music kind of on the leg of the game. But once it's sign and put my helmet on, you know, Lil Wayne young boy start bumping that through the headphones. And there's a video I watch to give my mindset snap locked in before the game. And then I just had to put that mindset of being a dog like that every day.
Speaker 3: So well, going from LSU to TCU, you've worn't a lot of hats. You worked it tight end, you've been slot, You've been perimeter this week, especially outside, winning those man press routes and showing that you can win on the outside of the NFL. What do you want to show coaches and the rest of the NFL community throughout the process, to show that you can do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's been great being able to come here and do it, uh, in front of the best of the best, you know, competing with the best of the best. It's been a lot of fun. Yeah, just showing them that it doesn't matter who you put in front of me, that I'm gonna be able to go out there and win, just because, like I said, it's a dog mentality of you know, you can't lose. And obviously I'm doing off of my late brother who passed a couple of weeks ago, and he's just brought me to a place I didn't even know had Emmy just another level of persistency, be consistent of just being a dog.
Speaker 2: So, you know, all glory and praise to him.
Speaker 8: I attribute a lot of that to him.
Speaker 2: But no, I've just been awesome. I mean, it's inspirational, man.
Speaker 3: And before I get up out of here, same time as more laugh Yeah, right, bevy Aytown maybe all right.
Speaker 1: Debro's second biggest winner of the Senior Bowl was another tight end that caught the attention of many Inmobile and that was Miami tight end Elijah Arroyo. U It was a season that Miami returned to national relevancy for the first time in quite some time, really finishing ten and three, just on the outside looking in of the College Football Playoff. However, cam Ward Xavier Ristrepo, Damian Martinez there one of the guys who were really stealing the headlines. But apparently we should have been giving way more credit to the tight end because this is a guy who broke out to the tune and thirty five receptions, almost six hundred yards, receiving seven touchdowns. Debro, what did you see out of the sixty four to two and forty five pound tight end.
Speaker 2: Monster Just a monster, dude.
Speaker 3: And I think considering coming off the ACL tier in twenty twenty two and looking at, you know how the career arc that things kind of the way that things kind of went in college for Elijah Royo, Like, I think he showed every single thing he needed to immobile in spades and for a player that last year, I mean second in the act per reception amongst all FBS tight ends with at least twenty targets. He was also top twenty four in both yards per route run and receiving grade. I mean, the dude showed he's gonna be a weapon from day one. And I think you're talking about I heard some buzz down there in Mobile talking about he maybe could sneak into round one in the NFL. I don't. I want to be very clear, I don't see that happening. Okay, okay, but I think he goes in round two. I think he. I think he. Dude, you can't walk away with a type of week that Elijah Royo did and not going round two. Considering also we know again he's going to be a mismatch weapon in the passing game. He proved that entire freaking week seth like this dude won every single one on one. He was crushing in seven on sevens, eleven on elevens and one of the punctuation moments in Mobile and people can go ahead to my timeline out on X and watch the video Arroyo was in.
Speaker 2: I forget it was seven on seven or eleven on eleven's.
Speaker 3: But in a team drill, quarterbacks moving to his right hits Arroyo in the end zone for a touchdown. He was wide open and he punts the ball into the freaking stands of Whitney Hancock Stadium. And I'm like, that's one of those type of moments, Seth, where like We're all going to continue to go to Mobile in years to come and talk about that moment. I've never seen a kid do that in any of the practices. It's gonna stick in people's minds. Yeah, he played with swagger, he played with a speed route, nuanced like he was awesome. And so as long as he tests well, which there is nothing he showed a Mobile that makes me think he's not gonna freaking test well. He's a top fifty player in this class.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, And obviously he's a really loaded tight end class, one of the best we've seen. I say that, but we just have Rock Boaler. We've had some really good tight end classes as of late, but obviously dominated the headlines by Tyler Warren Colston Lovelin. Do you think a Royo probably, I know you haven't probably got to them in your analysis yet, but do you think Arroyo has a chance to probably slot in right behind them as many people's tight end three? Probably he could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he absolutely could. And I'll also again going back to the Mason Taylor conversation. I don't know how, dude. I don't know if anybody has Mason Taylor or if they have him ranked or they think he's a better prospect than Arroyo. I legitimately, the only thing I can ask and I can question, is saying, have you not watched his film? Did you not watch him Mobile? Like he should be ranked over Mason Taylor. I don't even think that's a conversation.
Speaker 1: They're playing flashlight tag, Debro, give him break, Give him a break many time they have time to watch Mobile practices with you. Let's go ahead, Let's round out the program with Debro's number one Senior Bowl winner, Iowa state wide receiver Jalen Nol. This is another guy who you were really excited to watch Inmobile after he went for eighty receptions nearly twelve hundred yards eight touchdowns. He was also first team All Big Twelve as returner. What did you see out of Nole and where do you think he fits in this rookie wide receiver class that doesn't quite have the hype as past classes.
Speaker 3: I was really high on his game. I said this on our preview episode, and I'm gonna say it again here watching his film. He played slot in college. He can play on the outside in the NFL. I thought that entering Mobile, and he did nothing to move me off of that. If anything seth it was a wonderful, wonderful week, a proof of concepts, sir. He played against man press, he won off the line, he won deep, he won short, he won the slot. I mean, Jalen Nole won everywhere and he was the undisputed as much as a freaking love Jack Besh. I don't think there's a real conversation here. I know Jack Besh won the MVP of the game. I know he walked away with the game winning touchdown. I know he had a wonderful week. I still walk away from Mobile. Jalenole was the number one wide receiver there in Mobile, based off of what he did in practices, based off of what he did in wan on ones, based off of his skill set. I think he tests well. I think he runs a four to four on his film. He's got pull away speed from cornerback safeties, what have you. He can play in the show, he could play in the deep. He is a triple level threat, and I think he can play on the outside of the NFL. My com for him entering the process, and I'm not moving off of that now is Khalil Shakir. This kid can freaking play Seth. And I'm gonna say this, I have a second round grade on him. I don't know if he goes in the second round of the NFL draft, considering people's thoughts on wide receivers, if he goes on freaking round three. If I'm an NFL team and I have a needed wide receiver, he's on the board, I'm trading up to get him. This kid can freaking play Seth. He was awesome, amazing in interviews, awesome on the field. There's no part of his game that I did not like. And again, another player, I don't know where I'm going to be ranking all these guys. I am telling you right now, concrete in the blind, I will be above consensus on Jalen Knowll. He is going to be and is one of my flag plant players of this process.
Speaker 1: Love it the flag plan. Actually, he was named the top wide receiver on the national squad but by the DBS in attendance, so his route running looked super good.
Speaker 3: You know they were there, they got yeah, yeah, they got the barks to prove it.
Speaker 1: Baby, do you think this is a guy? You know when it all said and done, if he is a Day two pick that we're probably circling for round two of Dynasty rookie drafts in that superflex format?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Should okay?
Speaker 2: Should be?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll start loading up on those second round picks. Baby, this is the time. And uh, Debro, great to hear all your analysis. Great to hear you made it home safely and uh no no travel issues for you as well. And uh, thank you so much for bringing your analysis to the table. Thank you everyone so much for watching. That's going to do it for us today on the Fantasy Pros NFL Draft Show. We will be back next week with our QB preview episode. Again, please like this video if you enjoyed it. Also subscribe to the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel and the podcast feed for Derek Brown, I'm Seth Wilcock take care of y'all. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 4: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros